Speaker 1: This is Dan Capless and welcome to today's online podcast edition of The Dan Caplis Show. Please be sure to give us a five star rating if you'd be so kind, and to subscribe, download and listen to the show every single day on your favorite podcast platform.
Speaker 2: And as I've promised you guys over the last few times that I filled in on the show and even yesterday, I want to try to give a platform to as many governor candidates as possible and see if we can find one out there that's got a fire in his belly. And you know, we've gotten a couple that have had some decent talking points, but so far, I don't think we've we've necessarily hit a home run. But we're going to keep trying. And we've got another governor's candidate on the line today. His name is Jason Clark. He's running for Colorado governor and his slogan is Let's make Colorado great again. And before we bring Jason up, I just want to say, Jason, you submitted to an interview in Westward which wasn't the most flattering of interviews, and I have to ask to start off this interview, does that make you a little hesitant to want to come on the radio show.
Speaker 3: Absolutely not front and center. I want to talk about my story and what the Colorado Democrats did to me. However, it's long in the tooth, it's complicated, it's full of corruption. It is a phenomenal story, and yes, it is one of the reasons why I'm running for governor. And if you want to talk about firing the belly, ohha, I got it, and that's the reason.
Speaker 2: All right. So Jason, before we get into the details, what's your background? What brought you to the table and made you decide, Hey, I think I've got the chops to run for the governor of the state of Colorado. Which tell us a little bit about your background.
Speaker 3: Well, my background is my dad was an Army surgeon. So I was born at Offit Air Force Base in Omaha, Nebraska. Because you went to Creighton, I've lived in Colorado since I was about six months old. Baby, I don't know anything about Nebraska, so I consider myself of Colorado native. Gotcha, all my families here, my roots are here. I went to Smokey Hill High school Sco Buffs. After that I graduated, I went to West Point basically because my dad. I think a lot has lots to do with it. My dad, he was a colonel, and I got in, graduated, went back to Fort Carson, served my time, got out, and I was in finance for you know, thirty years. I had a business that I started from scratch, and then what happened to me with the state, which I can give you a summary, or we can move on to what my platform is because my case is about me, and I don't want this to be about me, Steve, I really don't. I want this to be about the people of Colorado. Booloo, Jason. No one's going to vote for you because something bad happened in my life, you know, with the state of Colorado. But it is an impetus of why I'm running, and I think it's important to tell the story because you look at my background and what happened to me. This is not America and this is not Colorado, and this is not right.
Speaker 4: Said the article.
Speaker 2: Well, the article on Westward kind of hints to your business closing in twenty twenty three, but it doesn't kind of. I don't think it tells the story that it sounds like you're itching to tell. So let's just hear it. I mean, this is obviously kind of what got you motivated to run for governor, at least this time, because my understanding you've ran a couple of times in the past, is that correct?
Speaker 3: That is correct? And you know this time I think it's different, Steed, because I think I have a credible chance. And again back to why I'm running, Yeah, yeah, my case has something to do with it. But then I also looked around Colorado and I said, these people don't know what they're doing. This is totally uncompetent.
Speaker 2: I say that all the time.
Speaker 3: Yep, And I don't see how Hey, if you got people that are Democrats that are listening to you, I would I cannot wait to debate. I think it will be Michael Bennett. I cannot wait to debate Michael Bennett on his track record because it's an ass and their plan going forward is an ass. Get Trump is not going to do anything for most Colorados. It is not my plan will So yeah, the motivation, Steve does come from my case. But as you just mentioned, I've done this, you know, twice before. This time. I think I have a chance because I've known these people, I know all the characters, I know all the other candidates I've met them throughout the years. I don't think they can win a general election on the Republican side. I do believe I'm the only one that can unite the Republican Party and have a platform that wins the general election.
Speaker 2: Well what's that platform? Let's hear what are you running on? What are you what makes you different from every other candidate in the race. What are those platforms?
Speaker 3: Number one, and this is a playoff the broncos Bo Nix. I hope he doesn't come after me and sue me for this, but it's Nicks the state income tax, and the key to this is Steve. We can do that using Tabor. We don't need any legislative approval, no constitutional improven no Democrats at all. Polish your buddy, Paula written on this. I just I heard somewhere that you guys were buddies.
Speaker 4: I don't know.
Speaker 3: That's not true.
Speaker 2: That's a good way to end this interview.
Speaker 3: I'm kidding. We can do it through Tabor. We don't need any democratic approval. Number two, get rid of all the programs that we all know that nobody uses. That's going to save everyone money that month because of taber goes directly back to the people. So that's going to be about five percent. So to give people an idea, that's five percent you're saving on state income tax, another five percent you're saving on TABOR refunds. That's ten percent. So anyone out there making eighty two hundred thousand, you're going to get eight to ten thousand dollars back every single year. Under my platform number three, we can also use TABOR to give school teachers more pay. I don't know any professions and no one can debate me on this, where the people that aren't the best don't make the most money professional athletes, surgeons, lawyers, doctors. Sure, you have to pay people. Yeah, so you've got to pay teachers. If you want the best, if you want to get better teaching, you have to pay for it. And to the point of the status of Colorado, the state of the state, they've cut two point seven billion from education in the last two years, and they lied to the teachers' unions about it. Five hundred million the first time, one point two billion a second time, six hundred million for next year. And let's not forget. Let's tell your listeners, let's not let Michael Bennett off the hook for losing two hundred and fifty million dollars on a Derivatis contract with Wall Street JP Morgan when he was the superintendent for Denver Public Schools.
Speaker 2: Okay, okay, so all right, So your platform is to get rid of the state income tax, use TABOR to basically put money back in the taxpayers pockets. How do you fund the functioning of the state. And I'm only asking you this because one of the candidates we had on yesterday had had a similar concept of getting rid of the state income tax and really no idea of how do you fund the government? Then? How do you fund the things that are essential to the state of Colorado. How do you get that done?
Speaker 3: Easy to do twofold one. We just take a play off of Florida. We have a large skiing industry here. So yes, those out of state people, sorry not in state, out of state skiers are going to pay more because we're going to You have to have the money from somewhere. You said it. You can raise the taxes on the out of state people, just like Florida does. Okay, that is number one and number two. You're leading me to my fourth and fifth point on my platform. Maybe I'm being sarcastic. Maybe stop giving illegals five six hundred million dollars a year. This is ridiculous. We are giving illegal aliens the money that should be going to our schools, our families, and the people that are residents and citizens of our state. That's ridiculous. So there's a lot of money there. But here's the best part of this. I can answer that question. It's energy. Energy.
Speaker 2: Energy.
Speaker 3: We have all the energy resources. This is number five on my platform. We have all the energy sources right here in Colorado. And we can add nuclear. We need to start doing nuclear energy. If you're going to solve climate change, you believe in that global warming, whatever, you're not going to do it without nuclear energy. You have to have it zero carbon emissions. We can also use geo thermal. The weight of the Rockies. It's right here, where's all the residents in Colorado up along the Front Range. So geo thermal the weight of the Rockies cracks the crust. We can go down and develop it. Actually, California is number one and geo thermal in the country. We can use that technology and power the entire Front Range. Geo Thermal and nuclear combined with yes coal, yes oil, liquefied natural gas, natural gas, wind, solar, hydro. We need to do it all. That will fund all of our programs, including the HIT, will take on the five percent state income tax, and we can fix our roads, clean up our cities that are dirty and a mess, and we will have Denver being the most beautiful, prettiest city in America. It'll be cleaner than Singapore.
Speaker 2: So, Jason, you don't get there without getting your message out, and you know I can tell you're passionate. How do you get that message out to the voters of Colorado? And what voters are you most trying to appeal to.
Speaker 3: I want people to know that I'm for all Colorado's not just any demographic group. Everybody benefits from my plan. It's a plan for every Colorado. And because I'm not a name, you know that you said that I don't have a lot of money. I'm not a rich guy. I'm not poor. I'm very fortunate and very grateful for my health and everything that I've been able to do in my life. I live a very good life, even after the things that have happened to me. But the ant to your question, is social media. I've been doing this back since Barack Obama. I'm like, he's going to win because he's going to get this social media. So if you look at my social media platform, I'm on all of them. There are a few other Republicans that are even on TikTok, my biggest following. I get a thousand times more interaction on TikTok than Facebook. So I've had people. I've had I mean even even my two nephews. I was out of the wedding about a week ago and they're like, nobody's looking at it. They call me eagles because I'm balding. You know, no one's looking at your posts. I'm like, guys, let me show you something on TikTok. And I show them my TikTok and they're like, oh my god, Wow, that's wow. That's way more so social media. And for the people out there that like the message, like the platform, like the passion, like the energy, follow, like share, comment on social media, I'm on all the platforms LinkedIn Facebook, Instagram.
Speaker 2: And how do they how do they find you? What are they what do they search for on those platforms?
Speaker 3: Oh Clark for Colorado Gov. That's on all the platform. It's Clark for Colorado Gov.
Speaker 2: All right, So Jason, we got just a few minutes left here. I can't. I can't let you go without asking you what is it that? What was that thing that the Democrats did to you that fired you up?
Speaker 4: Well?
Speaker 2: Can you summarize it in just a couple of seconds.
Speaker 4: I can.
Speaker 3: Here's what happened. I was a registered investment advisor for thirty years in the state of Colorado. The carraud of Division of Securities and Charles Swap, yes v Charles Swap accused me, Jason Clark, of quote unquote, stealing my customer's money. Okay, Okay, the exact words were, Jason Clark is wiring money, writing checks and dispersing money from customer accounts end quote. They removed me from their platform at SWAP. I don't work for SWAP. I just contracted them, Okay. Then I took Swap and the car out Division of Securities to Finra. I won. I proved my innocence. Of course, I was not doing this. This happens all the time. I was not doing anything that these people accuse me. Up my funeral arbitration settlement, says Jason Clark, did nothing dishonest, nothing dishonorable, and no compliance issues were ultimately found. Then I did all with myself, Steve. Then I sued everybody. When I say everybody, Steve, I meet everybody, including Charles Schwab himself, Wobb, the College Division of Securities, everybody. Then that's still ongoing, by the way. Then after that I sued them for defamation of character, after I proved my innocence. Then Woke Wiser, Woke Wiser and Beta Bennett and Paulis the Democrats in charge. I say Woke Wiser because he's the age. He's the guy that did this to me. He revoked my licenses and shut down my business. And here's the kicker people got to you. If you read it on the internet, you're not going to see that. They accused me of stealing customers money. That's how this all started, Steve. That's the whole point. But my funeral arbitration that clears me. The judge blocked it three separate times in court. He won't allow it. Why because it says I didn't do anything dishonest, nothing dishonorable, nothing unethical, and they found no compliance issues. You can't go from that under the law to revoking my licenses and shutting down my business. All right, I didn't do anything willful, nothing willful, nothing dishonest, and I'm not a threat and a harm to the investing public.
Speaker 2: All right, we'll cut it there. So Jason, one more time, tell people how they can find you on social media.
Speaker 3: Social media is Clark for Colorado GOUGZ. The website is the same as my slogan, Let's make Colorado great again.
Speaker 2: All right, sounds good. Thanks Jason for coming on with us. Maybe we'll have you back on sometime in the near future. You definitely brought the fire good luck to you in your run in your run. And with that, we got to cut to break. You're listening to the Dan Cafless Show here with Well Kunny Sheriff Steve Riems as your guest host.
Speaker 5: And now back to the Dan Tapless Show podcast.
Speaker 2: Before we went to break, we had three time gubernatorial candidate for the state of Colorado, Jason Clark, on with us. He's in his third attempt here at trying to win the state over and during the break, we've got a few text messages and we've got a call quete up that we'll get to in just a second. But you send him in. We're going to read them as long as you keep from radio friendly. And so I'm going to read a couple of texts that came into my personal phone about the last interview. One of them says, this guy sounds like he might be just a little crazy, but at least he doesn't hate teachers. Here's another one, Oh man, he's on TikTok, he's got my vote. And then here's one, Steve, this guy needs to switch to decaf. I will say this, he was definitely not a boring interview. I told Jason to bring the fire when he came on the show, and he absolutely was a little fired up. So we've got Jay in Denver that wants to make some comments about Jason.
Speaker 4: Jay.
Speaker 2: Are you with us?
Speaker 6: Jay, I'm glad to talk to you, Sheriff.
Speaker 2: Glad to have you on. What do you think about that candidate?
Speaker 6: Well, if he wants to reproduce Obama's success, he has to work the Obama model. Obama did two things. One, he was a community organizer, so he had a grassroots community that he that he organized. And two, most importantly, he garnered the support of Oprah Winford and he along with other millionaires, few him as a young man who had a program, and he powered him right through being.
Speaker 2: Oh, Jay, I think we I think your phone cut out.
Speaker 6: Unless mister Clark captures the imagination of Elon Musk, who we might through his energy policies and energy and issues, I don't think he has a chance. He needs money to be the governor of Colorado.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I can't. I can't necessarily break with you on that, Jay. I mean, I think any race that you try to run on a state wide level takes cash. And you know, to your point, how do you develop that cash behind you? You know, sometimes you got to find you got to find a way to appeal to those folks that are willing to be willing to really chip in. Maybe Elon muskets involved. I don't know. I'll say this, he wasn't boring.
Speaker 6: That's true. That's very true. Let me say one of the things about that I'm observed, and that is that there are two Colorado is, almost two different states.
Speaker 2: Yes, sir, I know where you're going.
Speaker 6: The urban areas Colorado Springs, Denver, Boulder, they tend to be more democratic. In the other outlying areas they tend to be more of Republican Aspen, Burlington, those areas, so you get a different type of voter in those areas. Sure, the Republicans have to somehow appeal to the urban areas more than they have in the past.
Speaker 2: Do you think there's a particular message that resonates with the urban population a little.
Speaker 6: Better understanding the urban issues better? You know, urban voters aren't stupid. They can see that there's a dichotomy in the laws, enforcement of laws in the urban areas versus sure the farmland or the agrarian areas. One key example is as a as an urban liver.
Speaker 2: I'm sorry, Jay, we're going into a herd break, so I can't let you expand on that one. But thank you for calling in, and please call in again. We love having callers. We're going to go to break. When we come back, we're going to reset and we're gonna have George Brockler coming in to visit with us. But you're listening to the Dan Caplis Show here on six point thirty k how with well Keunty Sheriff Steve Rings.
Speaker 5: You're listening to the Dan Kaplis Show podcast.
Speaker 2: Back to the Dan Caplas show with Well County Sheriff Steve Rings setting in as a guest host today and on the line with us is one of our one of our favorites. It's a mister George Brockler from the twenty third Judicial District. He's going to tell us a little bit about a recent prosecution that he was successful with. But before you do that, or I have to share a text with you from one of the people that I'm sure you're going to know very well. This is Alexa. She's sent in a text even before I think we had you on the show, we had you booked. She says. George is a great storyteller. If the DA lawyer or talk show host gig goes away, he should read books. For audio recordings, he does fun voices. So I'm going to expect that you're going to have to throw some of that in here.
Speaker 4: Hoor Yeah. I don't know if I can pull that off. About he's thinking what I'm going to do next? Like that, she's already thinking what's he going to do next? Walk out here?
Speaker 2: Yeah, they've already buried you as the district attorney.
Speaker 4: So so George, now that Justin Smith is taking that sweet gig man. I mean I could hear it in your voice when you were interview him. That's sort of how the hell did you pull this off?
Speaker 2: Well, I mean I thought there'd be a height requirement for that job, you know. And he definitely doesn't mean that he's going to do a great He's a great guy. He's going to do an excellent job out there. But George, I know recently you were on with Ryan I believe, talking on his show about a prosecution you had there in the twenty third Judicial District in reference to a child pornography case. If I'm not mistaken, that's what we're here to talk about today. Is that correct?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 4: I sure hope so yeah. If there's more than one that's recent, big, I hope not. This is this is a great case, but it does kind of dovetail nicely with the conversation that you've had today about law enforcement and some of the limitations from the legislation and whatnot. This was a guy, twenty nine year old guy who got busted for having a child pornography. And I'm talking about salacious adult having sexual relations with infants, kind of child porn and he had so much child porn stored up in the cloud. And it was interesting because it was an out of the United States company that was doing this. It was an Asian company, and they had agreed with law enforcement, Hey, we're going to let you have one week worth of access to download all the stuff that this guy had stored up there. He was also distributing it. You know, these guys are all Afearence. It took them all week to download two hundred thousand images, and they could have kept going if they'd had more time. He had way more than two hundred thousand images of this stuff, and so he gets busted for that. It's an epic amount of child porn. I don't think I've ever seen anything quite quite that big in terms of numbers. But again to your point, the law is set up, especially in Colorado, to be very forgiving of sex offenders, especially sex offenders and children. So discussed the past, you've heard that the legislature was happy had the opportunity this year to finally say, hey, we're going to mandatory prison for child rapists. Because in Colorado you can rape a child once and get probation. In fact, you can rape ten different children one time each and get probation. Well, same here. You can have eight trillion images of child porn and still get probation. So this charge carried the potential for up to twenty four years in the Department of Corrections. But the guy could have walked out the door. So we were nervous, you know, I know my prosecutors, Abbie Haggarty, and they were like, what's going to happen? And the judge gave him four years. And that's where a lot of people theyd.
Speaker 2: Bee that's a win in the state.
Speaker 4: Well, I know it feels like a win, but you and I also know because of the crazy sentencing structure and with parole and all this other crap, this guy is going to be turned around. I mean, in a year or so, he'll be looking at community corrections, maybe less, and he'll be right back out there in our community. And so it's a win for us that we got that, but there is something definitely wrong with our loss.
Speaker 2: It's frustrating. You know, I was referencing the case in Idaho with Brian Koberger. You know that they take the death penalty off the table so that they can get a life sentence on him. You don't even have that option in this state. I mean that doesn't even know you can't even work in a case like that.
Speaker 4: Well in your neck of the woods, and people may not remember this. You remember that monster up there the hill is his name? The guy that killed his wife and his two little angel daughters and stuffed him in that Anadarko oil drum out there. What was that dude's name, Chris Watt.
Speaker 2: Chris Watt. He set in my jail and had a picture of his family on the on his jail cell wall, the family that he had murdered and disposed of, and he wasn't eligible for the death family.
Speaker 4: Well, no, no, no, no, remember this is this is the catch for this guy was eligible for that. But Michael ends up taking a plea much like this coburger guy. The family, the victim's family had come to Michael and begged him, please please make this case go away. Do not make it. I don't want to go Yeah, we don't want to do this, And so Michael does it. But you can't do that anymore. In Colorado. That case will and Coburgers will always end up in front of the community moving forward. And the proof of that, even if he might not have seen it is. I thought it is. You know, Mike Doherty, who's a legit prosecutor, a builder da up there. He ended up having to try that King Super's case where that dude went in there and cold bloodedly murdered ten people, right, and he never had the option to say, hey, plead guilty and go away, and we don't have to we don't have to do this. That's gone in Colorado.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you know, it's just frustrating because you know, I was talking about how Senator Fields was one of the votes casted to do away with the death penalty even though her son had been a victim of a very heinous crime himself. It's just it flies in the face of logic, and anyone that works in the law enforcement sphere has to just be completely frustrated. But again, getting four years on the case you described is a giant win in the state of Colorado right now.
Speaker 4: It's embarrassing to say that. And if it was four years, people could be like, Okay, four years. I get it. And keep in mind, and I said this on Ryan Show. If this dude looked at each image of child porn that he had for one second, he would sit in front of his computer for fifty five consecutive hours to be able to consume two hundred thousand images. That gives you some perspective on it. But there's now a ceiling above which you can go. So if someone goes along into sides, I'm going to set fire somewhere, and I'm going to shoot and pick off firefighters. And he kills two twelve twenty firefighters, or goes after cops or babies or nuns or whatever, he can kill as many people as he can dream of, and the State of Colorado says, don't worry, We're going to protect your life. But on other crimes, there's no floor below which you can fall, So you can rape a child, you can rape ten children and still walk out the door with probition. This, this state is broken in a way that I've and I grew up here, man, I've never seen it like this.
Speaker 2: Well, you know, even in the let's take the Boulder incident with the firebomber, you know you've got the crazy guy down there lighting people on fire, and you know they're going after him for everything they can get and hoping that none of those victims to come to their injuries and die Unfortunately Karen Diamond did just that. She passed away a few days ago. So now he's being charged with murder. But what changes, What changes, George.
Speaker 4: And nothing but get this part and you follow the legislature, so you get this. He gets charged with first degree murder, extreme indifference murder, and I've convicted guys of that. I convicted a career drunk driver who killed an Air Force colonel recently for that. Right. Legislature right now is out there working for ways to reduce extreme and difference murder from an F one a you go to lot to prison for a life charge, to something else and F two and F three further down the list. The minute they do that, this guy up in Boulder who's going to go to trial, going to get convicted and he's going to get a life sentence. They will go back to court on something called a thirty five se it's a rule term of art, and they'll say, Judge, the state has spoken, this isn't a life sentence anymore. Please reduce this sentence down to something else. And there will be judges that do it and those that don't. Then they'll just run to the governor and they'll say governor state spoken, this isn't a life charge anymore. So all of these things are part of a state effort because of the left that have control of our legislature and our state government, to make accountability less and less for the most heinous criminals out there.
Speaker 2: Well, and I think for the for the point of the listeners, is there truly if a person is truly sentenced to life in prison under our Department of Correction system, is that ever truly a life imprisonment?
Speaker 4: Yes? And that's the only charge like that, That is the only sentence where you know, categorically but for intervention by the governor's office or a judge, that person will die in prison. And that's it. And so they keep trying to carve away different charges like felony murder. Used to be the same thing. Felony murder. You go commit an armed robbery and kill someone during the process, you could get life in prison. Not anymore, not anymore. They took that out of the F one range, and they're going to keep whittling these things down. And what they're going to do. Their goal is to make life without parole the new death penalty, so that it's reserved for only your multiple murderers, your murderers of children, your murders a police officer, and every other quote unquote regular murder will be treated like a charge that you could get paroled from someday. That's their goal, which.
Speaker 2: We're seeing anyways. I mean, there's so many people that you think, how did this guy get out of prison one k He's been out of prison five or six years. It's just maddening. I have one other question for you, George, before we break away. How often are you seeing the same suspect appearing in court just a couple of months, you know, on a new charge. You know, he's arrested for a burglary, he's released on a pr bond, he's back in on a car theft three weeks later. How often are you seeing that in the twenty third judicial district.
Speaker 4: That's a fair question. And we're coming up on six months of being a judicial district and we've started to dive in on where are these offenders coming from and are they on bond and probation from somewhere else? And we do see repeat offenders, even some that get on bond, but the majority of the ones that we get that are committing offense as while under the supervision of the court are coming to us from up north. They're coming to us from Denver and Aurora and the other parts of the state that aren't us. In fact, listen to Sheriff Weekly this morning at a breakfast, we are at eighty percent of the people he has had in his jail over the past Harver of many years are not from Douglas County. Seventy five percent of the people we prosecute are not from Douglas County. That says something about the failed policies of the people in the metro area.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's frustrating. And you know, we see the other effect from you know, the north edge of the Denver metro area. That's not to say there aren't criminals that are native to Weld County, but we get plenty of bleed over from you know, the Commerce City areas and others. And that's no knock on any of those police agencies down there. It's just it's a knock on the criminal justice system in the state of Colorado.
Speaker 4: I do not believe. I don't blame the police agencies and anybody that thinks that DPD These officers hardcore and aggressive they'd love to be, but the environment in which operate, they are given every signal and indication by the powers that be. It is better you not be proactive. It is better they should not be aggressive, because nobody punishes you for the crimes you don't stop or investigate, only go after you for the ones you do.
Speaker 2: It's exactly right, and it's disgusting. But George, I couldn't I couldn't appreciate you more for coming on and educating the listeners as to the state of what law enforcement is. Unfortunately, it's you brought bad news and you didn't even use any funny voices.
Speaker 4: Sounds far do that in for Alexa. You're doing a great job on the radio. Man, I'm still subtly behind the scenes pitching them in the idea of the Sheriff and the DA some kind of a show. I don't know where they put it, probably two AM. But we're going to make this thing happen.
Speaker 2: I love it, so when we get a chance, we'll do it. George, keep up the fight in the twenty third and I'm glad to see you back doing that work. It's appreciated see you, sure, thanks, We'll see buddy with that we'll go to break and when we come back, we'll take our final cleanup of the second hour and wrap up the show. I'm sure we'll get some some comments from behind the glass, as we always do. But you're listening to the Dankaplass Show here on six point thirty k how with Weld Kenny, Sheriff Steve Rings.
Speaker 5: And now back to the Dan Taplass Show podcast.
Speaker 2: Thanks to the Dankapla Show. As we enter our last segment of the show, I'm getting ready to call it a night and head up to the Greeley Stampede for a rodeo. But I got a few texts coming. In the most recent one it says, fantastic show today. I appreciate that that's due to the people who call in, and that's due to our guests. Another one here, fantastic to have George Brockler on with your sheriff. Great segment. Thank you. I appreciate the feedback, and it's always good to have entertaining guests on. I have to say I think Jason Clark was an entertaining guest as well. But you know, I was asked, why why are we looking at governor's candidates? You know, are some of these people going to be relevant? And I think the reason for that is evidenced by what happens if we don't get a good governor from the Republican side. And I want to play an audio clip here that I think will highlight the gross importance for not allowing a Democrat to end up in the driver's seat of the governor's mansion. Again, if we could play cut fourteen, if anybody in there's listening.
Speaker 3: We did not get here if we inherited this fiscal situation that I believe.
Speaker 7: Well, you inherited from Donald Trump. That was here you did, mister, you you inherited from Donald Trump. He's the first president to come back after a four year hiatus after we know exactly what the last tax cuts did, which was blown a massive hole in our deficit of dead. You can't sit here and lie about that.
Speaker 4: It's true. The data.
Speaker 7: Do you coin a phrase. The data shows that that's result. The math shows that that is the result. No one on this side of the isle admits anymore or claims anymore that they didn't blow a huge hole in the deficit.
Speaker 4: They did.
Speaker 7: And now you're here saying to the American people let's double down on that.
Speaker 2: I can't take that guy. So that Senator Michael Bennett going back and forth with forth with Treasury Secretary Scott Bessen, and it's just it's a voice, it's his attitude, it's his condescension and everybody everybody talks with. Can you imagine four years of that guy's governor? I mean, I gotta be I'll be completely honest with you. The years of Polis as governor have been difficult because he talks out of both sides of his mouth. He'll tell you something that is obviously not true, like you know, Colorado's not a sanctuary state, and because he says that, you're supposed to believe it, but at least he says it with a little bit of decorum. Michael Bennett just he just can't stand it. It drives me nuts. I can't imagine four years of this guy. So yes, we're gonna give governor's candidates an opportunity to come on this radio and hopefully find that lightning in a bottle because it's gotta be better than what awaits us on the other side of the aisle. Michael Bennett cannot be the future of Colorado. It just can't happen. And the other thing, maybe we keep bringing these governor candidates on and finally Dan Kapla says, you know what, I got to be the guy I'm gonna jump in. That's probably a pie in the sky dream, but a guy can hope. And I think Dan would make a fantastic candidate, and I'm gonna keep saying that until he finally jumps into the race. Tomorrow, we're gonna have two more governor's candidates. We're gonna have Bryce and Garrison. We're also gonna have Greg Lopez, one that many of you may know. So we'll have a few other guests, Laura Carno and an individual named Scott Slow that wants to run against Colleen Whitlow for that HD sixty four seat. You're watching it play out here right on the Dankapli Show with Well Kenny Sheriff. Steve Raims is your guest host, and thanks for tuning in today and we'll talk to you tomorrow. How about