Speaker 1: The game is ended, gather round boys, time to recap.
Speaker 2: But the post game coverage is just getting started. The successes the failure.
Speaker 3: Let's discuss this is Cliffers Locker Road breaking down today's playoff game with the pre and post game voice of the Clippers.
Speaker 2: Here's that a moss legg.
Speaker 1: Another overtime game for the Clippers, but this time it ends in a loss. They lose one twelve to one ten OT in Game one in Denver and are down one to zero in this best of seven first round series. Welcome into your postgame show. I'm ad A Moslin coming up. We'll get the second half highlights, postgame box score, and we'll take calls on the Patriot AM eleven to fifty on Clippers Talk if you want to get on early eight seven to seven, five two zero, eleven fifty. But first let's get back out to ball Arena and back out to Carlowjmenez, Well, Carlo my cuy to victory. Turnovers have to take care of the basketball. Clippers didn't do that. They came in bunches, specifically in that second quarter where they had a fifteen point lead. I'm not necessarily saying that's where the game was lost. But I think some people can point to that this Clippers team was in complete control and they continued to give the basketball away.
Speaker 4: Yeah, they scored two points in the last five minutes and ten seconds at them of that first set, second quarter that you were talking about, and Kawhi shot one shot in the third quarter. Felt like in those moments the Clippers had to be better at just winning the possession battle and getting their best player the ball, which they were unable to do. The Nuggets got eight more shots than the Clippers in this bowling game, and if you're the Clippers at them, you know you have to win seven rights or you have to win four. It's best of seven. In a game you lost in overtime, you gave away twenty six points off turnovers. Is unbelievable that or twenty nine excuse me, off their twenty turnovers the Clippers. Really, you have five less turnovers, you win the game. It was interesting the Clippers were unable to come away with the win in that one, But I think there's a lot of positives to take away considering how close it was and how many things the Clippers could have done better.
Speaker 1: They had plenty of opportunities. They were burned late in the fourth quarter by Aaron Gordon and Russell Westbrook. They were being out hustled out there. The amount of offensive rebounds the Denver Nuggets were able to get those second chance points came quickly in the fourth quarter when the Clippers had done such a good job winning the rebounding battle earlier in the ballgame, but Denver seemed to want it more. They were getting the fifty to fifty boards, they were getting those fifty to fifty balls out there as well, and Russell Westbrook ended up hitting a huge three pointer to help send this game into overtime, where eventually the Clippers would just come up short.
Speaker 4: Nine offensive rebounds between Gordon and Russ Adam just too many for the Clippers down the stretch. They struggled in this one to be able to box out those two guys. And it is something like you mentioned. They had done really really well all game long, and then late in the contest, unable to box out and stop Denver. They got out household. Maybe the altitude got to them. A tire group who has played, you know, playoff basketball time and time again. The Clippers just unable to close possessions leading to Denver extra opportunities down the stretch. A lot of stuff to work on for this Clipper team at the end of the day, though, Adam, I think we talked about it with Brian Shaw earlier and this still echoes after this afternoon's contest. It really is about the Clippers. I mean, it is about the Clippers doing what they do best. It is not about Denver doing something extraordinarily well that forces the Clippers to play not their game. I mean, the Clippers have to get back, they have to not turn it over, they have to find their superstars and big moments. But I don't think I come away from this game worried necessarily about Wow, Denver really outplayed the Clippers in this area outside of hustle, which is something the Clippers have done really well all season long.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and the Clippers bench in this one also really struggled. They only had thirteen points total, nine of those coming from Nico but toom. He hit some really timely threes, but their bench was outscored by Russell Westbrook alone. He had fifteen points to the Clippers bench totally thirteen. I think bo Don Bogdanovic has to be much better. Even somebody like Derek Jones has to have more than full points for this Clippers team. But you know, you mentioned the altitude and guys adjusting. Kawhi Leonard wasn't as aggressive, only taking fifteen shots in this game. Twelve of his twenty two points came in that second quarter. But you mentioned a little bit earlier, Carlo. You know, Kawhi wasn't quite as aggressive looking for a shot as much down the stretch. You got a Credita nuggets at times there. But we know who Kawhi Leonard is. He's somebody who can get a shot over anyone, but just wasn't looking for it seemingly as much.
Speaker 4: Yeah, one shot in six and a half minutes in this third quarter at him after you mentioned twelve in the second and credit Aaron Gordon. And he played great defense today. He was aggressive, he was physical. And this is a group for Denver that you talked about, Hey, maybe their defense does show up in the playoffs, and Adam, they did. I mean, this is a group that's bottom three since the All Star Break enforced turnovers and they forced twenty in this game against the Clippers. You know, Game one always ignites overreactions the Clippers. Well, I'm sure we'll have a lot to look at, a lot to talk about in practice, and just a multitude of things to work on. But you point them out there, Kawhi could have been more aggressive. He came into this game, Adam, fifteen straight games with twenty five points, and he had twenty two in this contest.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it was a bit of an off game outside that second quarter for Kawhi Leonard. Expect him to bounce back in Game two, where the Clippers will still be in Denver tipping off on Monday night at seven. We'll have your pregame show back here at six for Game two. Carlo Jimenez a great call. A is always hoping for a better outcome in Game two Monday night.
Speaker 4: Adam, you know, can't get greedy, but this is when the Clippers probably feel like they could have had you go home one and one on the road in Denver.
Speaker 5: You'll take it.
Speaker 4: So see if the Clippers can get what it's gonna feel like a must win game on Monday. I can't wait at him, I can't wait. This one was a fun one, not to finish we wanted, But we get another and I'll say, let's go to that.
Speaker 1: Let's go second half highlights coming up next, after the Clippers falling over time one twelve to one ten to the Denver Nuggets in Denver in Game one of this best of seven first round series. I'm out a Moslin and you're listening to the Los Angeles Clippers Audio Network.
Speaker 3: The LA Clippers and the Denver Nuggets is Round one playoff action on the LA Clippers Audio Nets.
Speaker 1: Word Clippers lose in overtime one twelve to one cent in Game one in Denver to the Nuggets. Welcome into your postgame show. I medame Oslin coming up Clippers stock for you on the Patriot AM eleven fifty. But first, let's get to second half highlights. In this one, the Clippers led by as many as fifteen in the first half. It was down to just four at the midway point as the Clippers got outscored eleven to two in the final five minutes of that second quarter. With the Clippers had nine of their twenty turnovers in the second period. Just brutal. They led by as many as fifteen, They should have been up by more than four to half. It was fifty three to forty nine. Clippers. After a bit of a back and fourth third quarter, the Denver Nuggets chipped away ever so slightly. They went plus one, and the Clippers led by three heading into the fourth at seventy five to seventy two. And then James Harden, who had a great ball game and did his best in that fourth quarter to try to give the Clippers a victory.
Speaker 4: We see him a hard end.
Speaker 6: Deep on the left side, triples the left hand, left handed quarter off the front of the rim and it falls in timber. With a time out, the Clippers go for the tie and now they'll need to stop with eighteen point seven.
Speaker 1: Wow, some crucial buckets in the fourth quarter, as James Harden had twelve of his thirty two points in the fourth. But the Clippers would lose in overtime as Christian Brown hit a huge three pointer to put Denver up by four after James Harden had just hit another big three pointer. But the Clippers' turnovers came in bunches. They had a turnover on an inbound pass. We've been talking about turnovers on inbound passes going back to the very beginning of the season. Jokis would be fouled. He would hit both. Norman Palell hit an inconsequential three pointer at the very end of the game. Clippers lose by two final score one twelve to one ten. Denver winst in Game one. We'll dig into more of your postgame box score next. I'm out of Mosland and you're listening to the Los Angeles Clippers Audio Network.
Speaker 2: I love this team. I never miss a game.
Speaker 3: If you're listening to LA Clippers playoff basketball three ball, yes, sir, right here on the LA Clippers Audio Network.
Speaker 1: That's one OF's things. Clippers were in control in the first half, had a fifteen point lead in the second quarter, and would lose one twelve to one ten in overtime in Game one to the Denver Nuggets. Welcome back in I'm out of Mosland. Coming up, we'll have Clippers talk for you on the Patriot AM eleven fifty if you want to get on early. Eight seven seven five two zero eleven fifty eight seven seven five to two zero eleven fifty is the phone number. Clippers shoot fifty percent from the field twelve with thirty three from the outside. Denver shot just forty four percent from the field. They were just nine of twenty seven from three. You have to win that game. The Clipper shot seven percent better from the field than Denver. They shot three percent better from three. The problem was they had twenty turnovers to Denver just having eleven. Those twenty turnovers turned into twenty nine points for the Denver Nuggets. I mean, I know some of you people are already blaming coach lou like it's his fault for all the turnovers. Do you know what his number one talking point was coming into this series, in front of everything else. He said it over and over again, we have to take care of the basketball. They knew it, they didn't do it. That's they lost this ballgame, self inflicted wombs. Clippers ended up being led by James Harden. He had thirty two eleven of twenty two shooting, had a fifteen point opening first quarter for he hit a three pointer to end the first had eleven assists. He was great. Chris Dunn did his part overall when you look at the box scores, but those ten points. They were looking for an open three from him down the stretch of this ball game, and he couldn't hit it. It ended up two of five from the outside. I Vitza Zubats definitely did his part forty minutes twenty one to thirteen, ten to fifteen from the field, two assists, could have been more. Kawhi Leonard just nine of fifteen twenty two points, six boards, two assists, one of three from the outside, seven turnovers. I'm guessing that's a career high, maybe postseason or regular season. Clippers bench in this one, they didn't get enough Niko Batoom. He showed up three of six from the outside, all three makes from three, nine points. Dereck Jones Junior one of four with four. Nobody else scored. Bogie was of three. Ben Simmons was old one. Not enough. Can't get just thirteen points off the bench. Russell Westbrook gave them fifteen by himself. Clippers were in control and they gave this game away to Denver. Credit the Denver Nuggets. They came through late. Russell Westbrook scrappy on the offensive glass, same with Aaron Gordon. Both of them are huge. In the fourth quarter. That russ three pointer, he was just five to seventeen, but that was one of the biggest shots of the game, and the Clippers losing overtime one twelve to one, ten to the Denver Nuggets, who got twenty five points from Aaron Gordon. Remember that three point shooting we were talking about with him heading into the series. Ah, he shot forty four percent from three this year he was just one of three. It was all the work he did. I want to say. Twelve is twenty five points coming in the fourth quarter, just on hustle plays Nikola Jokicic below as averages twenty nine, nine and twelve below his season averages. Jamal Murray just seven of twenty twenty one points. You got the game you wonted from Jamal and Nikola Jokic, and you lost that game. Anyways, that's tough. Clippers fall in Game one one twelve to one ten in Denver. Outside of Los Angeles, we're leaving you until Game two. Monday night tip off is that seven pregame show at six in LA. Don't go anywhere. We got clipperstock.
Speaker 7: Next and with that, just like that, another Clipper playoff broadcast.
Speaker 2: Is ending chudging.
Speaker 3: This is and Clippers locker Road a postgame. Look, it't today's.
Speaker 1: Game, every game all postseason.
Speaker 3: Thank you for joining us for all the action on the LA Clippers Audio Network. Phone it in you're.
Speaker 1: Taking your calls on the LA Clippers right now.
Speaker 2: Peace Peace, Clippers Talk on Aaron.
Speaker 3: On Demand, the Clippers Show of Record, your chance to react to playoff.
Speaker 2: Basketball Clippers news happens. Let me guess it's about Kawhi. Here we are and now.
Speaker 3: Here it is, the host of your LA Clippers pre and postgame at follow Adam a Adam Ousley.
Speaker 1: I guess that fifteen point lead in the first half turned out to be fools gold as the Clippers loss of the Nuggets in Game one, one twelve to one ten in overtime, brutal one Clipper Nation. We'll be here to talk about it for some time here on the Patriot AM eleven fifty and at Clippers Talk on the YouTube side. Appreciate you guys in here after a pretty devastating game one loss. To lose a game like that, that's difficult, that's hard to explain away, But maybe it's easy. Maybe it's what I told you when it came to Keys to Victory in the pregame show right before tip off, I said, and I'm just echoing what coach Lou has been talking about and looking at trends and patterns with statistics I said, the key of the game is they have to take care of the basketball. Clippers had twenty turnovers, leading to twenty nine points. The turnovers single handedly got Denver back into this one. Credit the Nuggets. They got scrappy late. They fought, they battled. There were times they were just going shot for shot. But you're up by fifteen in that second quarter. The Clippers had a firm grasp of the basketball game and they end up being up just four by the half. They went five minutes and ten seconds scoring just two points to end that second quarter. That is wild for that to happen in a playoff game against the twenty first rate defense. I'm here to tell you I've been saying it. I don't buy that they're that bad defensively, the Denver Nuggets. I never have. I think it was low effort and guys being disinterested and all the turmoil in the locker room and Mike Malhane being fired. Well, now it is lit a fire underneath this team. Now they have something to play for, so they're going to play harder on that end. I'm not saying they wear elite defensively in this game by any means, but their ball pressure their defense on the perimeter, disrupting the Clippers giving their men zero airspace led to twenty turnovers. How does Jamal Murray create that turnover on Kawhi late in the fourth quarter? He has the matchup he wants and Kawhi loses it out of bounds. That stuff cannot happen. Jamal Murray is the guy you want to pick on. In a game where Jamal Murray took twenty shots to get to twenty one points and Jokich took twenty four shots to get to twenty nine points, the Clippers lost. How does that happen? Well? Twenty turnovers, seven offensive rebounds in the last nine minutes by the Denver Nuggets, many of which were Aaron Gordon and Russell Westbrook, and he gave away a very winnable game that could have given you home court. You could have put the pressure on Denver immediately, a team that was reeling heading into this series, a lot of unknowns the future. What's gonna happen? Well, now they can rally around this and feel invincible in a playoff series. Untimely turnovers, the volume of turnovers, and being out rebounded when it mattered most being out scrapped and out hustled when it mattered most in the fourth quarter unbelievable. Clippers had some really poor performances, specifically off the bench, but they only had thirteen points. Nico was good. He had nine, three of six from the outside right. I say DJ was bad. He just he did miss a floater.
Speaker 8: I can't remember.
Speaker 1: It's late in the fourth for early overtime. He had a good look at it, as Russe had missed an easy one too, but he had just four points. Chris Dunn couldn't get any of those corner threes to fall late. I thought he was solid overall. His defense was really good. He still had ten points. There were still times where he was cutting to the basket if Visa Zubats would find him out of the high post, and he was hesitant to go up a couple times when he could have gone up strong. When Jokich was lurking and he had three fouls early, he finished with just four. I would like to see Chris Dunn be more aggressive, and Kawhi Leonard has to be much more aggressive. I'm shocked I'm coming out of this game talking about Kawhi having a bad game. Honestly seven turnovers from Kawhi seven of their twenty turnovers. He looked tired at the end. I know it's forty one minutes. He's been playing big minutes, but the playoffs are just starting. Can't be tired now? Is at the altitude? He only took fifteen shots. James Harden kept him in it, hit a ton of big shots his defense. At times he left something to be desired, although he got the stop on Russell Westbrook to get into ot but Aaron Gordon that was his man a lot, and ag finished with twenty five. Aaron Gordon had more points than Kawhi Leonard. Yeah, you're probably gonna lose that game, right, Russell Westbrook had more points in the entire Clippers bench. Yeah, you're probably gonna lose that game. And they still could have won it if they had fifteen turnovers and said his twenty. But this is just a really disappointing game one because it felt like you could have stolen home court. You're up fifteen, Zach, that we need to take a ten second idea, Zactly, man, you already got it in twelve turnovers from Kawai in the last two games. I know uncharacteristically. Some of that is a fatigue thing, but it's game one of the playoffs. Renee said, as zuno masterpiece got ruined. I guess so others saying we lost by two, we're good. Okay. That's one way to look at it. Another way is this was the game that was there for the taking in Denver. This was the game you need to steal a victory against Denver. This was the game where Jokic and Jamal Murray combined to go nineteen for forty four, and you lost that game. A Vita Zubats more than held his own against Jokis. He was ten to fifteen with twenty one and thirteen. He's the reason Yokish didn't get that triple double. But I'm looking at it as a missed opportunity, a big one, a significant one. We'll see how significant it is. Clippers bounced back and won game two. All good. They got the split. The goal is to get the split. The question is was this their best chance of getting the split? Then they just blew it. I don't like some of the doubling on Jokish late in this game, when a Visa Zubats has a good position on him. That frustrated me. I gotta say, I understand Russell Westbrook. You play the odds with him and you look at his stat line. He's five of seventeen, two of six from three, but they left him open. He hit a big three to put him up by two. Harden came back and got the quick two to get him into overtime. But that shot from Russ. Now he's got more confidence. He's trying to burn his former team from a confidence aspect. I wonder where the Clippers are at. This is a demoralizing type loss. I think they'll be okay, but not the way you want to lose Game one. I'm not saying you'd rather get blown out, but man, it was right there. You lost this game more than Denver won it in some ways. Now Denver did what they needed to and they made the big plays. And I told you coming into this series one of my biggest worries was can you win a tight game and go ban for band shot for shot against Jamalm and Jokic With how clutch they are, they could have, but some of the other guys stepped up. Russ and Aaron Gordon. Clippers lose once, twelve to one. Ten in ot in Denver in Game one. More Clipper stock coming up next year on the Patriot AN one fifty the.
Speaker 2: Home but the Clipper Clippers.
Speaker 3: Don't miss a moment of LA Clippers basketball. Just download the free iHeartRadio app and search LA Clippers to make our broadcast a preset.
Speaker 2: Then every time you open the app, Welcome back Clippers fans.
Speaker 3: It's LA Clippers Hoops, the LA Clippers and the Denver Nuggets. This is Round one playoff action.
Speaker 2: On the LA Clippers audio Networkers.
Speaker 1: Lose for the first time in twenty days, and they lost a fifteen point lead in the second quarter where they had nine of their twenty turnovers. Kawhi tied a postseason career high with seven turnovers himself, and the Clippers fall in overtime in Denver by a score of once twelve to one ten. I'm at a Maslin Welcome back in. This is your postgame show, Clippers Talk. We'll go extra even after we're off the air on the Patriot AM eleven fifty at Clippers Talk on the YouTube side where you can find us. Christopher in La Christopher, how are you feeling right now?
Speaker 9: I'm feeling okay.
Speaker 1: Adam.
Speaker 9: Before I start making my comments, I wanted to let you know that last night my son and I went to go see ACDC at the Rose Bowl.
Speaker 1: Right on. I hope the Clippers are back in black. I hope they're back on Monday.
Speaker 9: Yeah, hopefully they'll you know, turn up the TNT and become dynamite.
Speaker 1: You got it. So how'd you feel about the ballgame? Where was it lost?
Speaker 9: It was basically lost in that second quarter, you know, and when they went to five minutes without scoring, and yeah, I felt, you know, going into you know, the you know this game and the World game. I just wanted a chance for them to win at the end, which they did have, but you know, it just.
Speaker 10: Didn't come up.
Speaker 9: The cards didn't come up right for them.
Speaker 1: I mean, it's self inflicted. They were their own worst enemy. You can't turn it over twenty times. Kawhi can't have a game like this where he ended up with Let's see, he had fourteen points in the first half, so he had just eight points in the second half, and he had seven total turnovers, like they wasted. A great performance from James Harden from a Visa Zubats and bad performances from Jamal Murray and Nikola Jokich. I don't know, it feels like they gave this one away. It's no disrespect to the Denver Nuggets because they made the plays late. Clippers also let them get back into it and tip of the Caps as Denver Nuggets. They came through and they needed to, and that's something I worried about coming into this series. But the Clippers were in control in the first half, so I agree with you.
Speaker 9: Oh they were. I mean, it's like you know, I mean, I was kind of like the first half was kind of like the way the Houston game at the end of the season, at the end of the home season, where we would get a big league Houston would cut down to about eight and then the Clippers would go on a run and put it back above double digit.
Speaker 10: So it was kind of, you know, starting that way, but then uh, Denver cut it to four at halftime, and you know, must have given them new life going into halftime.
Speaker 1: They did, you go from up fifteen to up just four, And Chris, I appreciate the phone call as always, my friend. Hopefully we'll be talking after a Clippers victory on Monday night. Steph in Houston Steph, you're on clippers off without a males and what's up, Steph.
Speaker 11: Oh Man, everything's going good except for the right there for that loss. But man, uh yeah, we definitely were in control of this game, especially in the first half. I knew Denver was gonna make a run, just because you know they're at.
Speaker 9: Home, and.
Speaker 2: You know they're Denver.
Speaker 11: They're they're always going to make a run. But I would say, you know, from the play standpoint, Kawhi with his seven turnovers, uh he he definitely has to do a better job of casting out of the double teams and not waiting so long for the double teams to come.
Speaker 9: Uh.
Speaker 11: Even you know on the last play with Murray when he when he turned the ball over, then he didn't have to wait as long as he did. He could have went he had to mismatch, could have win, got to a spot and pulled up, made the shot, or at least got got a good look.
Speaker 5: You know.
Speaker 11: Yeah, him with only fifteen shots is like some of that is like a couple of those turnovers, we could have got shot shots.
Speaker 1: Though they had some indecisive plays in the fourth quarter and overtime where they were mismatch hunting and it was small, small pick and roll stuff where James Harden would screen for Kawhi, so Kawhi would have Christian Brown on him, and overall Brown did a good job. It wasn't the mismatch you would have thought. You know, Kawhi has to be better. He has to be more decisive out there and getting to his spots. Completely agree with you, right, And that's probably the last thing I thought I'd be saying coming out of this game. Honestly, we're criticizing Kawhi for a poor game.
Speaker 11: Yeah, yeah, And I don't think it was all on him. You know, he did looked tired. You know, the altitude might have played a role in that, especially down the stretch. She did look a little gassed. But you know, we had opportunities to win the game for sure. Another thing, I feel like Zubak is going to have to get a little closer to matching Jokis minutes because you know, as much as I love but to him, he can't go our Jokic.
Speaker 5: And here's the thing.
Speaker 1: I think they actually won the small ball minutes in this game against Jokis. I'll have to double check, but I think they won the small ball minutes against Jokic in this game, guys. So I don't know if that's necessarily the point to make here, Steph. I don't think that's what they lost.
Speaker 5: Uh.
Speaker 1: If they lost them, it was like by one. But I think they won them. I appreciate the phone call, Steph. Take a quick time out. Clippers lose one twelve to one ten in ot in Game one in Denver, I'm out a Moslem. You're listening to Clippers sock here on the impive said, yeah, I make it the Patriot AMLM fifty.
Speaker 2: This is the LA Clippers audio network.
Speaker 7: Best fans in best arena in the entire sport.
Speaker 3: Take us with you wherever you are on the iHeartRadio app.
Speaker 2: Back to Clippers playoff basketball.
Speaker 1: Well, that's a push of the gut. Clippers did well against Jogics, against Murray, against Michael Porter Junior, and they still lose the game. They must have helped them somehow. Oh, they had twenty turnovers. Kauhi had seven of them. It only took fifteen shots. They only had eight points in the second half. They did not think I'd be saying that after this ballgame. Clippers losing overtime one twelve to one ten in game one in Denver, they're down oh one and it's the best of seven first round series. He's Ryan in Santa Anna. Ryan, you're on Clipper staff with out of malls and what's up, Brian?
Speaker 8: Hey, doubley, how's it going?
Speaker 1: Uh, you've heard, you've heard helse Go.
Speaker 8: Yeah. Yeah, So the twenty turnovers weren't great. Seven from Kawhi. You might say, that's Kawhi urristic of him. So, yeah, that's not cool.
Speaker 3: I think.
Speaker 8: But there's a lot too, Like, there's a lot of positives to take them away from me. Honestly, you cut down the turnovers, we should be all right, play the same way.
Speaker 1: Here's my problem. Here's my problem. You're ever cut down the turnovers and next game, yo, kids, is gonna end up going like fifteen of twenty five from the field. He was just twelve of twenty four.
Speaker 8: That wasn't supposed to be the original plan. The original plan was, Hey, let's let Joe Kit get his and then worry about the rest the turnovers. And you gotta give Denver a lot of credit. The Clippers had a lot of momentum and then they started valvating. They that really cut down the momentum for the Clippers and stuff, which is good on them, but I guess uh Clippers really got to like be aware of that. They were just valvating like crazy in order to cut down the momentum. And that's why I really like dragged it on.
Speaker 1: I thought there were a few week calls that went against the Clippers in this game, A couple on James Harden, a call on a East's zoo Bots where Yo Kis sold the contact. I don't think it decided the game. I don't, and there's people in the chat that are saying it. Did we decide the game? Is the Clippers having twenty turnovers and Kawhi having seven of them. That's yeah where I'm gonna put it.
Speaker 8: Kawhi cleans that up, and it was good on James Harden. See you only had two turnovers and the second one came late. H Kawhi cleaned that up. Has a more efficient game. I think. I see Clippers still pulling one out in Denver, and that's all that's all they really need to do.
Speaker 1: They have to win game two. I mean, here's the thing. Does it turn into a must win situation in game two?
Speaker 3: Now?
Speaker 1: If they go down at you. Is the series over?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 8: No, no, I don't know about that, but yeah, they have to have more of a sense of urgency. Russell Westbrook really provided that for the for the Nuggets, to be honest. Uh, he was very aggressive and that I mean we know from an experience from past histories, is that, Yeah, that either bites you or it really helps you. And today really helped them. So hopefully it goes in our way next time.
Speaker 1: All right, Ryan, appreciate the phone call. Let's go to Morris and Engle. Would Morris, what's up? You're on clippersoft without a mousme Hi Morse?
Speaker 5: You doing that game to Kawhi today? The Vintos, You're not gonna game right. I was goin to chat with him during the game, right, and somebody were telling me that the stadium was electrifying. The stadium was electrifying. I wasn't here. I'm here in that way. But check this out. That's why they got what it's called the home court advantage. That stuff do mean something. Monday money is a musk win. Monday is a musk win game. Why is that? Because you can't go down to Love and Denver looked like they stow the Pipers doom for him. There's still the pipp of Jersey. They looked like it was a better defensive team. But the Clipper needs to hold their hands up and it couldn't win in a way this either way, this is a playoff game. One hundred and twelve points over time. You know what, there was depend some defense at him. So I'm I'm feeling pretty good. Like the pis callers said, this is good science there and again, Kawhi and will never have a game like he had today. And I'm gonna leave you with that. Behave yourself at him, all right.
Speaker 1: Morris with some positivity here. I like that. I appreciate it. I agree. I don't think he's gonna have seven turnovers in this playoff series or in the playoffs. Again, it's only happened one another time, But is the damage already done off Kawhi steps up and wins them game two, We're good. I'm not putting it all on him. If Kawhi and the Clippers win game two and Kawhi bounces back in that game, we're good. But my problem is, while you're talking about, oh, it was such a close game, it was back and forth. No, it wasn't. The Clippers were up fifteen. They were leading till the last couple of minutes of the fourth quarter. I think till Russ hit that three pointer. From like the seven minute mark of the first quarter, till Russ hit the three pointer, the Clippers have been leading the entire way, So I can't characterize this as ah. It was just a tight, back and forth ball game. Somebody had to lose, somebody had to win. Clippers led by fifteen, they led by I think twelve in the first quarter. They let this one get away from them. Are the Nugget's gonna be as bad with Yo Kitchen Murray in Game two? I doubt it. Now, maybe it evens out and Aaron Gordon's not as good and Russ isn't as good as in Game two. I just feel like this was such a winnable game and a misopportunity by the Clippers. That's what gets me. It's a loss, but I can't just say it's a loss all the same the way they lost. The boosting morale the Denver Nuggets will have after winning a game in this fashion will be a problem for the Clippers moving forward. Denver has their swaggered their confidence back. Clippers. They gotta take it from him. Denver was in disarrayed. They fired their head coach, they fired their GM, and now they found themselves. They look connected out there when they needed to be. And for them to outwork the Clippers in the fourth quarter with all those offensive rebounds, that's something I hate seeing. The Clippers were the best defensive rebounding team percentage wise in the NBA this season, and they let that happen. Close out possessions, you win the game. They shot seven percent better from the field than the Nuggets. They shot fifty percent the Denver Nuggets forty three point six percent. They shot better from three. They hit three more three pointers than Denver. Denver started off hitting their first three three pointers, then they went one for their next eleven. So much went in the Clippers favor and they couldn't turn that into a win because of self inflicted moves. Got to take care of the basketball. Monday Night Game two in Denver, tip off seven, pregame show starting at six pm. Before we get out of here, I do want to thank the Clippers organization. Ralph Lawler, Brian Seman, Noah Igo, Carlo Jimenez on the call. Zacho called you back here in the bank. Brother Jake Warner thinking about you as well, and Daniel West. We'll see you on Monday Night pre game show starting in six for Game two, Madame Oslin. If You're on the YouTube side, don't go anywhere, because I'm not.
Speaker 3: In. This has been Clippers Talk right here on your home for the LA Clippers Audio Network. Don't miss a single playoff edition. I'll postseason.
Speaker 1: The volume is truly impressive.
Speaker 3: And make sure to follow wherever you podcast for special offer editions.
Speaker 1: Clippers Talk Maybe