Speaker 1: Hello everyone, and welcome back to a new episode of the Poker Go Podcast. And we got a good show tonight, at least I hope. So I feel freaking good and absolutely positively historic night here at the World Series of Poker Historic forty eight hours, to be quite honest, shina Okamoto more like shina Oka Godo. Okay, that's right, buddy, that's right. That's why they's, Oh my god, it's so mad. The thing is that you can't Here's the thing, and I've talked with producer with trying with some people like this before, is that like you can't be in the middle, right. You have to be like so good that it's good, Like like when I see Poker Gros like Mainset production, like it's so good that it's good. Right, So that's like the top of the top. Or you have to be like so bad that it's bad but it's good, you know what I mean? Like when I see like like the example of this, and I freaking love the guy, but Worldwide Wide brought Pereze, like when he fires up his like late night with Wobbs after NBA games and it's just like him on his iPhone on Twitter or whatever, just like talking into a camera like there's no special lighting. He's not in a studio, like he's in his living room like whatever. You know, it's just like it's just off the cough, it's raw, it's whatever. So, yeah, that joke was so bad that it's good. That was my dad joke. I got two kids, I'm allowed to say like that. Yeah, Shina Okamoto is the freaking goat. Okay, Shina Okugoto. That's how we do it. Narcus Nadelku. Hope I didn't butcher that name, but I probably did. Winning the fifteen hundred dollars eight game, We're going to take a look at who will be this year's Gladiator of poker because they are playing down towards the final table. Don't think they're going to get there, but they're down to the final couple of tables. Either two or three tables will finish up tonight and then they're going to come on back on Monday. Trying to look at my Clock'm all confused. It's eleven fifty six pm. By the way. On Sunday, June twenty ninth, ten k PLO is in the money twenty five dollars mixed Big bet kicked off, the mini main event kicked off set in the stage for of course, the main event. So big, big stuff happening here at the twenty twenty five World Series of Poker. If you're listening, favorite the show on whatever podcast you're listening to, leave us a review. It does help us grow. Trust me. These are how the algorithms work. The more that a show gets feedback and engagement, the more it's going to push it out to people. You know, so people like yourself also listen word of mouth people. If you know you got some friends that enjoy poker, please tell them about our show. Tell them about the Poker Grol podcast. It does help us grow. If you're watching it on YouTube, you can hit the like button that's the little thumbs up below the video. You can also subscribe to the poker Go channel, but most importantly leave a comment. Please get in there, banter with us, give us your takes. You know we can't we can't meet everyone that's listening and watching the show, of course, because not everyone can come out here. But we can meet you virtually in the chat on the YouTube video. So that's what you do. Tim and I go in there regularly. We like to read the comments were also trying to de lead all the spam. Of course, I mean we can virtually meet them, because if they don't come here, we're not gonna go. We take the podcasts on the road, then you can do whatever you want. Breaking news. We are not taking the podcast on the road anytime Fun anytime soon. If you love poker but you don't want to spend a dime, check out play poker Go. It's free to play. It is super easy to jump into, and yes, it actually feels like real poker, except for that a hole that busted me with Queen three the other day calling a race from the small black.
Speaker 2: Feel salty about this, huh?
Speaker 1: I mean it's just absolutely ridiculous. I'm just kidding. It is a bad play, but I don't care. Real players, real hands, real fun, ring games, tournaments, sitting goes, it's all there. It's all free. And for the ring games, the top level is now branded high Stakes Poker, so just like you see high stakes poker when you watch it on poker Go, you can go and play these high stakes poker themed tables. Pretty cool. And then the sitting goes because no gamble in no future has the wheel of Pain, the sitting goes on. Play Poker Go. Now have the wheel of gain. You spin the wheel of gain, you see how much gold you're playing for. It's a jackpot, sit and go variety. So get on in there, ring games, tournament, sitting goes. It's all there. It's on Playpoker Go dot com. You can also grab the app on iOS or Android. Let's go, let's get on the tables. This podcast is also brought to you by True Classic, the home of high quality, affordable clothes for men. They have more than just T shirts. I know the name suggests maybe you know True Classic t's. Maybe it's just T shirts, but trust me, they have much, much, much more. You can get an entire wardrobe there. Head on over to true classicts dot com. This year, we've partnered with True Classic and we're doing a special end of your event at the Poker Studio and you could win a five thousand dollars package that includes a buy in into that event. Also, we'll have hotel and travel stuff in there, so you can get out to Las Vegas. Put you up in a fairly decent hotel room, I believe. Then then you'll be playing at the Iconic Poker gro Studio. Just go to True Classic Teas dot com slash tc poker go and what you need to do is you go there, you fill out the information. There's a form, but most importantly, you need to tell us your poker story, so you know, tell us your dream, your journey, why you got into poker, why it's meaningful to you, all that sort of stuff. I'm going to give you guys out there, all the podcast listeners and viewers, a little inside tip here. Ooh, Ryan from True Classic, he's going to be picking the winners. And by the way, it's going to be fifteen winners. This isn't just a one five thousand dollars package. This is fifteen five thousand dollars packages. But he really wants the best stories that mean something. He wants to help people really achieve their dreams, right, really help their poker dream come through. He wants to help that comeback. So tug at the heartstrings a little bit, you know, really lean into it, don't freaking lie. Okay, we're poker people. Ryan from True Classic, the founder like he came up playing poker, so the guy can spot a bluff. Okay, don't bluff right, But just like you do at the poker table, you gotta sell your plays, okay, So be strong, be confident, tell a good story, make it meaningful, and let's go. There will be fifteen five thousand dollars packages given out again, that's to come out to the Pokerro Studio and play in this signature event. So let's go true Classic TAS dot Com slash TC Poker go all right, let's get into these news and happenings. We got Shena Okamoto aka Sena Oka. God Baby.
Speaker 2: How many times are we gonna say this?
Speaker 1: You've probably probably fourteen time.
Speaker 2: Let me come on.
Speaker 1: Okamoto does it again. She successfully defends her title in the Ladies Championship here at the World Series of Poker. Now, not only does she defend her title first place last year in twenty twenty four, first place this year twenty twenty five. In twenty twenty three, she got second. We've talked about it a lot already, so I know I'm repeating myself by saying she went second, first, first in three consecutive years, but I cannot state enough how freaking awesome that is. She won one hundred and eighty four thousand dollars this year. If you run the numbers on the probability of finishing in the top two spots in twenty twenty three out of a field of twelve hundred, finishing first in a field of twelve hundred and twenty twenty four, and finishing first in a field of thirteen hundred in twenty twenty five.
Speaker 2: The answer, what is it? Fifty to fifty. Either happens or it doesn't. Okay, right, I'm sure, Am I right?
Speaker 1: Everybody?
Speaker 2: But am I wrong? Any that happens? Yeah, that doesn't happen. Yeah, fifteen.
Speaker 1: Any time you want to play heads of her roles, let's let's go one in nine hundred and thirty million.
Speaker 2: That's a big number, big big.
Speaker 1: Now, that's the sort of scale we're dealing with here.
Speaker 2: That this happened.
Speaker 1: It should absolutely be celebrated, absolutely be championed far and wide. Part of this what makes this such a cool story now, the accomplishment is simply incredible, absolutely extraordinary, Right, I mean, it's like just gasoline on the fire that she's Japanese. Japan is a burgeoning market, like it's ready to explode should things break a certain way, and poker has becoming been becoming, you know, a little bit more culturally relevant over there in Japan. So that's great. You know Masada Yokosawa, the superstar Japanese logger. Every time that guy plus a log about poker, he gets a million views. I mean, it's it's wild how big it is or how big he is. Right just looking at Shina Okamoto's Twitter, for example, anytime she was posting about the event. Now, it's not like she has no followers. She does have I think thirty five thousand followers. It's probably a few more after what happened tonight, but you know, it's thousands of likes, hundreds of retweets. You know, however, many comments like it's there's a lot of buzz around her, So there is something happening here. And I mean just speaking to the just speaking to the accomplishment itself. Okay. We always talk about consistency, you know, we talk about it a lot when it comes to poker, because that is oftentimes like a measure that we can grade things on, Like, yeah, anyone can kind of get hot here and there, but to do it repeatedly, I mean, that's like this holy grail that people just hope to latch onto and find. And what Shina Okamoto did is you know, it's honestly the way that she performed in this event is beyond consistency. She dominated. Yeah, I know she didn't win that first time, she finished second, right, but the second time around dominated this final table tonight dominated. You know, it's absolutely just crazy, Like she's not on a heater. She is writing her legacy in real time. And like I feel like I'm gonna remember this as the Sena Okamota era, Like this is her era.
Speaker 2: So twenty twenty three she was the chipleader unfinished second like that's yeah three found was she the chipular last year? I think she went to the found right now? That is usself is just I mean inside, she's the most accomplished player in the history of this event handed down, Like that's not even debatable. And this is one of the greatest feats in all of poker, all the WSP, in all of history. She was not the chip Ladaka in twenty twenty four when she won, but she was literally nine big blinds out of one hundred and twenty something.
Speaker 1: I highly doubt anyone's ever going to do this again. I mean now I'll say that until Okamoto aka Oka Goodo runs it back in twenty twenty six, right, I mean, because that's what's gonna happen.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that Grime is probably gonna win five.
Speaker 1: You're gonna win his fifth, his fifth PPC, and Okamoto is gonna win the Ladies Championship once again. Back to back events, or back to back wins in an event is extremely Where we talked about, you know, a couple episodes ago. Obviously, you know, we talked a lot about not not this year, but in past years, Adam Friedman and the Dealer's Choice, the ten k Dealers Choice winning it three years in a row.
Speaker 2: There's not that many to win just to go back to back in general in the world.
Speaker 1: I know, it's absolutely crazy. And then you do it in a large field tournament, no limit hold them like, there's just there's a lot of variants involved in right, and you have to be able to like you just get through the minefield, like you just can't lose. Like it's just the whole thing is just absurd to me, It really is.
Speaker 2: I know, I'm the stats man and I'm going to go out on a limb and say this is probably the biggest ever back to back in WSP history. You know, got those smaller main events in the early years. We've got Adam Friedman you mentioned, we've got Dan Keats in the PPC. We've got Aaron Cummings from a few days ago in the deuce. But those fields are we're talking you know, a couple hundred, you know, fifty in the PPC. This is thousands, just completely completely different scale of things, so even more impressive. And you know, didn't we talk the other day about like the greatest accomplishments w this we have to put this somewhere on that on that tree for accomplishments just I don't know where it is, but it's up there somewhere, just due to the field size. And you know, even throwing in you know, we talk about Johnny Chang going win, win, second, second to helmet, this is like the opposite second win, win, you know, but in massive fields. So yeah, it's right up there.
Speaker 1: Has to be I think also something needs to be said, like you get so close in poker, and we've seen it at times. You know, she got second in twenty twenty three, could have been some heartbreak, could have been like you know what I'm so close could have messed with her mentally, but you know, instead, look at what this is turned into. And then she comes well, she runs it back, right, she wins it. Then she shows up this year and like that, I mean for sure when when she was coming into the event this year, even I thought it and probably said it that this is like her event. You know, let's see how she does. Especially she she gets a chip lead early on, right, and we're like, oh my gosh, she's doing it again. Here we go. And once that starts happening and people start talking about it, I mean you can start hearing the whispers, you can start seeing the messages or whatnot, or like is she gonna do it? Is she going to do what type of thing? And that means the pressure builds mm hmm. And then she goes into the found table with the chipley. She freaking dominated this found table. I mean, just amazing stuff from start to finish. So like having that mental fortitude to get through this all is also you know, part of this being able to execute on poker's biggest stage. And she did that, and she did it, you know, three consecutive years back to back years as a winner and then I mentioned that the Japan thing and how that ties in. You know, she's she's from Japan. It is untapped there. You know, I know that poker is starting to gain some legs. You know, there's some events that are like part of more poker clubs than they are like actual like casinos and stuff like that. It's because the restrictions on real money gaming there are still holding things back. But you know, there's been talks about if and when a casino opens there. You know, I remember my time at the WPT. You know we did we did a partnership or whatever with some people in Japan, and I can't remember exactly, but the idea is, like listen, we at the WPT when I was there, It's like, we want to be positioned that when this market does open up, if it does open up, we want to just be able to go flying in there right away. Because I think everyone sees the potential that Japan has. I think a lot of what people see with that potential is you know when you see a Masata Yokosawa post of log and it gets snap a million views. When you see you know, Shina Okamoto generating the buzz that she's generating when she posts on social media like that, there is a ton of buzz there some of those you know, clubish events or whatever however you want to you know, classify them in Japan. I mean that they get big numbers, big turnouts, right, So there definitely is a market that is ready to expand rapidly explode there. I mean, it just a matter if it ends up happening. The cultural legitimacy of poker is growing in Japan, so that's why this matters on that scale. You know, it can and it should inspire, It should certainly open doors. You know however you want to frame that part of the conversation. So I'm here for it, you know, let's go. And then I also don't want to overlook the fact that this forty eight hour stretch that we've had has been amazing. Yes, Michael the grind Dermans Rocky first, that was last night, he cements his legacy with a fourth PPC title. I mean, just wild shit right there, absolutely wild shit. And then Sheena Okamoa does this or Shea Okagoto as I keep calling us, I mean, come on, you know you know what I feel, you know what I thought of when and This is funny because of what's been happening today on the internet. When I thought of the Sena Okagoto thing, because I obviously wrote in the rundown Sheina Okamoto more like dot dot dot, because then I was gonna drop it on the thing. But what what made me think of it was Dave Portnoy and how he has these stupid like nicknames and whatever and things. And then it's just funny that there's like a video going around today on the internet about some guy freaking out at a pizza shop, like like he like hits the pizza out of the guy's hand, Like, no, it's not Dave, but if you glance quickly, it looks like Dave. Like if you don't fully like followed and like watches reviews or whatever, you might be like, oh, that's Stave Porton. And I think the tweet says like that Dave port Andy like what an a hole, like whatever, but it's it's not him, so but it's just it's funny that that's getting buzzed. And I was thinking about the whole Sina Okagoto thing, and like basically how Dave Portnoy attaches himself to Caitlyn Clark. I'm just gonna attach myself to Sina Okagoto. That's fair enough, right, That's what I'm gonna do. I'm gonna get a goat, I'm gonna put two bracelets around his neck, and I'm gonna walk around this place because that's what I'm doing.
Speaker 2: Definitely.
Speaker 1: But yeah, you know, forty eight hour stretch here, Michael the grinderb is Rocky. Now you have Sena Okamoto. I mean, it's just absolutely outstanding greatness on display this summer. You know, Miss Rocky's the guy who's already a legend, winning three three PPC titles, you know, six gold racelets. That is just absolutely incredible. Then he goes on and wins a fourth for his seventh go racelet I mean hello, And then you know sheena like she's she's like it's it's it's it's an interesting thing because I think she's a legend like already, but she's also like building her legendary status in real time. So it's like both things are happening in at once because to go second first first, you're a freaking legend, right, But it's also like it's not done, Like she's you know, she's like still like this is still in the moment, So she's building this legacy of hers in real time. As I stated, like this is the sheina O Kamodo era, like ten twenty years. You know, oftentimes we sit around all the time and we do it. We sit around, we say, oh, remember that, h remember that. I remember that, Like we're gonna remember this, remember that time she and Okamodo went second, first, first, and that shit was bananas?
Speaker 2: What I mean, what the heck? So anyway, you can have the floor. No, I mean even everything, I've done nothing else to that.
Speaker 1: Really, I'm just amped up by it. I think it's great, can it?
Speaker 2: Like you said, it has been a pretty wild lost couple of days here at the World Series, and you know, as we kind of touched on, it's just it's pushing us in the right direction. The main event three or four days away. You know, the buzz is happening in the rooms again, busy, so many players here, and like you get in moments like this that are really just pushing us towards this finish line of the twenty twenty five WSOP.
Speaker 1: So I'm thinking of I'm trying to find a fourth thing. But in my mind, the top three things right now that are sticking out to me as like if I were to ask the question, you know, what is your what is your standout showcase moment from the twenty twenty five WSP, I would say A cossats No, I would say, these aren't any order. These are just the three that I have on the list, and I'm trying to find a fourth one. Michael to grind. Name is Rocky. Fourth PPC title, Shina Okamoto winning this year, going back to back second, first, first in the last three years. I would say Nick Shulman was the other one, winning the biggest ever ten k deuces. Even you're shaking your head, you're not gonna remember that.
Speaker 2: You're not very good at this. Trump, go ahead? What else? Benny Glossaw, Buddy.
Speaker 1: Benny Glaser, that's the other one I was forgetting. Well, No, but I'm trying to come up with four, and I think Shulman makes it in there part of why.
Speaker 2: So here's the thing. Shulman by itself is big enough.
Speaker 1: So here's why I put certain things into categories, and it's it's because of the buzz that it generates on the outside. If I don't even know if I'm gonna be able to fully explain myself. But Shulman his specialty is Nola meduce to seven. He won the biggest ever Nola medus to seven championship after a grueling eight hour heads up match against an incredible Nola Medusa's seven player in Darren Olias. Like exercising that type of greatness as specialized as Nick is with that game when it's the biggest event after that type of match, like that is just some incredible stuff. Like so that's just a standout moment to me, Like what are what are the standout moments?
Speaker 2: Now?
Speaker 1: I will tell you, I'll be honest. The reason why I, you know, ignorantly overlooked Benny Glauser, is because it's still ongoing and it's been three separate wins. Now, I should not do that. It's a mistake of mine. I'm fully on fully you know.
Speaker 2: Duck up, right, a duck up Donny Pizza Pi, Yeah.
Speaker 1: You know, because it's like it's just when things are stretched out, I kind of need to sit back and I'm I'm I'm getting too honed in, you know, But yes, you are right, Benny. Benny Glaser is the other one. So those are the four. Basically, what I'm saying is like, if if you were to put this out as a poll, you know, what's what's your standout moment?
Speaker 2: You know?
Speaker 1: Or the other the other thing is you have to wait till the end of the summer. Yeah, yeah, right, and then you're gonna say something like, you know, what are you gonna remember most from the twenty twenty five sip? And then you list the things so and the reason why I come up with four? As you know, I think of like Mount Rushmore as four. If you do a Twitter poll, it has four things that you can put into it. So right now I think those are my four. And I know I already know what's gonna happen is you're gonna I'm gonna put the pole out and people are gonna be like a lot about this. Victor Blahm making four, Well, he didn't win one, so he just he can't be in it. Like I'm just I'm sorry, it's just not I got.
Speaker 2: Two I want to add. I'm not saying that they're above the fund to consider.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna tell you this, it's not that you can't add them, it's that you have to, Like you have to just put them in this like on the short list, and then you have to try and come up with the four.
Speaker 2: No, I get it.
Speaker 1: I just like, right now I think the four the three are for sure Benny Glausser, Mike ms Rocky and Sena O. Kamoto and then and then now we need to find a fourth for me. I would I would put Shulman there, Okay, but there's other considerations.
Speaker 2: Yes, go ahead, Okay, my first one. I'm not saying it's worth as equal to these. I just want to consider it. Let's throw it out of it, let's hold no, no, put it in around the year of seven. And what I mean by that is we've had some several big names win bracelets. Win that seventh bracelet now Benning Ony seventh and night. Let me finish grind us seven. You kind of already touching that, Shulman, Brian Rass. It's a big number. Obviously, you now tied with Hennigan Backs and the Grinder, et cetera. That's one, but like you know, you've already startled a bit of it. So like, I don't know if we want to put that in there.
Speaker 1: But before you go to the next one, Okay, I feel like you said last year was the year of seven. I'm not joking. I'm pretty sure you said that, Rich, can you go maybe it was two years ago, but I'm pretty sure we had a year of seven or I don't know if we did. How many years of seven?
Speaker 2: I'm not sure. I'm not sure we're supposible the next.
Speaker 1: One, because didn't Seaver do it?
Speaker 2: Steven got to seven? Last yeah? Yeah, but I think and the Grinder got to seven? That was it? What about the previous year? That was Hennigan Aria the Arias six? It was the year of six. Everyone got to six.
Speaker 1: I'm pretty sure we did this conversation.
Speaker 2: Rich, wind it back and here's the other one. I think that has a bit more weight than that one. And I want to say it's a year of first. We always talk about, like people players to win their first bracelet. Some of these names from this year, Okay, I think the biggest one Seth Davies. Okay, we've got Philip Sternheimer. That's a big one. In my mind, I've just lost my whole place. Your reign of Campaig high stakes, big high steaks guy from Germany.
Speaker 1: Man, I listen, I already. I'm already changing my list. I already got my fourth. I know what it is. Well, I mean, I'm an idiot again.
Speaker 2: Duck up. Okay, yours is not a I'm a duck up. You're like the Donnie Pizza pile or something. Whatever.
Speaker 1: No, it's it's it's now. It is the Poker podcast Ducked Up, hosted by Tim Duckworth, just like it's the Ladies Championship hosted by Sheena Oakuma.
Speaker 2: The other one I forgot to mention because I was talking to him today was obviously Darren Olias.
Speaker 1: No, none of that matters. The fourth one, Sorry, Nick Shelman, you gotta go. So we're kicking Nick off. Okay, it's missed Casino Royale himself, it's missed or not like that, not like that.
Speaker 2: He's not like don amathing yet he cannot be on.
Speaker 1: This is one of those. This is one of those now. But I'm telling you, this is a this is a moment in time. When you look back, you're going to say, like that was the summer when X and people. There are going to be enough people that say, Martin Cabrell, I need.
Speaker 2: One more moment. I need one more rebound to get my trone.
Speaker 1: When I'm like, you don't manage the social media. I do. It is freaking Martin Cabrell, all freaking I still look at the social media. I mean, you've got people at the Venetians saying not like that at the final table, like I mean, it's just it's it's spread like a disease. And some might say it is a disease at this point because they don't like the guy and they don't like his antics. But it is everywhere, it is everywhere. So that's right. Now, it's me. Now listen, this is of course, this is of course a list that is not solidified.
Speaker 2: No, it's it's in shoppy. We just got to make sure we just don't give it choppy.
Speaker 1: We just got to make the top four and then when you know, July, whatever seventeenth rolls around will be ranking.
Speaker 2: Mon.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm saying because I bumped out Nick.
Speaker 2: Bove Benny, That's why I was not kind of asking.
Speaker 1: I bumped no, no, no, But Benny's for sure in there, and Benny's probably gonna win five, so he's whatever. I'm still not going to get on nothing. That's a good question. That's a good question, might awake I know, I know, right, I know.
Speaker 2: He spent four days playing the PPC.
Speaker 1: I think, yeah, so it is funny like if you're that's actually something we're thinking about, is it? Or maybe how much did playing the PPC for so long like hurt his chances and other events? I mean, not that probably whatever, But yeah, but Benny's good enough to win the PPC obviously. So anyway, a lot of different topics that we hit on there. But again shina Oka goto six ye absolute huh six six what gut references? Oh okay, guard six times? So you're gonna do in twenty five six? Amazing. So she defeated Heather Alcorn in heads up play, Heather taking home one hundred and twenty two thousand dollars for her second place. Finished former the Dealer of the Year here at the WSB in twenty nineteen. So great run by Heather, Stephanie Hagberg third place, Julie Hewn fourth place. Uh Sonya Shasha Kina Which I have a question and you don't have the answer, but I have to ask. So I turn on the stream today and I'm watching and it says on the leaderboard at the top and also on the whole card graphics. For the name, it says Veronica.
Speaker 2: Okay, maybe she goes by Veronica. Well, what's your name? Because you got buy a different name.
Speaker 1: No, but as it was, they showed the last names on all that stuff, so it says Veronica.
Speaker 2: So is, wait, had lost they had a lost name as Veronica.
Speaker 1: Yeah, like I think she might go as by Sonya Veronica. But like what I'm at saying is that like in all the YouTube descriptions and stuff that you write, it says Sonya Shasha Kina. So I was just very confused as like what was going on.
Speaker 2: Wait, I don't know where Vernic came from either, do I I'm assuming, Oh, I say, look, I say this, I'm.
Speaker 1: Assuming she told them that that's what she prefers us her last name or something. I don't know, That's what I mean. I was very confused. I'm just wondering where when did production make that change? And what could they tell us next time because now I don't know what I'm supposed to be calling her. So so I do apologize. But fifth place for you, congratulations, Juliet Hegatus. Sixth place, Sumir, you know Maaki another Japanese player. I believe she was actually eliminated by Shina Okagodo, and then I'm going to cram in. That's the final seven that came back today on the stream, very very entertaining stream too, and I would highly encourage you to find that on the poker Go YouTube channel or on PokerGO dot com to won that again. Sheena Okagdo, let's go.
Speaker 2: I just wanted to finish out. That's what lacky Asian number.
Speaker 1: Narcus, Narcus and Nadelku winning the fifteen dollars eight game his first WSOP gold bracelet. Like sheen Okagodo, Nagadelku won one hundred and eighty four thousand dollars same first place prize. You know, he defeated Scott Abrams in heads up play, another close call for Abrams. Abrams does have one bracelet. I think it was twenty twenty three he won his first, but he's been close many times at the WSP as well. You know, he's one of those players where maybe things break a different way. He's got four bracelets.
Speaker 2: I mean, did you see the final hand?
Speaker 1: I did not see the final hand. I was too busy watching sheen Okugodo ten.
Speaker 2: I believe they'll playing plo as part of the eight game or some version. I don't know. Huh. They both at King ten, they got it in. They hadn't that straight. You see Scott in the video kind of go like this, the kind of you know, sign that it's chopped up, but actually a Nacus had a flush with the King ten went run around a flash to eliminate Scott. So a little bit of a.
Speaker 1: Everyone just everyone just misreading polo hands with King ten, and.
Speaker 2: Well, I think he did that when he was like when he was shopping and then obviously hit the I think went run around a club club on the river and yeah, a little bit of a bad, bad bait dad from Scott edwrams, I.
Speaker 1: Say, Walter Trickerici is that how you say his last name?
Speaker 2: No idea? Okay?
Speaker 1: Eighty three thousand dollars for third place, Mark led Key fourth place for fifty seven k John Cipriano, Elaine Ron, and Christian Malik round out the final seven. Anything else now, you just looked at me. I thought there was something else there, all right. So congratulations to Narcis and Nadelku one hundred and eighty four thousand dollars for him the fifteen hundred dollars eight game winner. On Monday, June thirtieth, we are going to find out who is this year's Gladiator of poker. Remember this became the second largest live poker tournament of all time baby with twenty four thousand, six hundred and twenty nine entries a three hundred dollars buy in. There is four hundred and twenty thousand dollars up top for the winner. How many how's it looking over there?
Speaker 2: Seventeen left? It is flying? Of course, we thought, what's to happen to blinds twelve? I thought we were going to know it was twenty before it was going to bag with twenty runners. We hit we're just into the lost level and I we're already at seventeen, so we could be down at twelve. We might have to give them a little bit more of a sleep. Tomorrow, we went on eeding. Come early.
Speaker 1: Well, the plan is on Monday to stream the final table of this event. I believe it will be on PokerGO dot com, so you have to be a subscriber. I believe the next two days of streaming are on PokerGO dot com. Have to be a subscriber to poker dot com. If you are a subscriber, use the promo code podcast so you can save yourself twenty bucks on the first year of a new annual plan. Any names over there, rolland Israel Ashvili was in there. He still is, he still is. Oh my god, rolling.
Speaker 2: Rolling chips ll looks like about fifteen bigs Roland I move it on the average, can't.
Speaker 1: I can't even fathom being in a twenty four thousand, six twenty nine entry field and being down to the final seventeen. It's just that has to be quite surreal.
Speaker 2: But otherwise, yeah, it looks like Manuel Reyes is the Chipley that was staggering Chipley.
Speaker 1: This hundred they guarantee right now, like twenty k. Let's look, you said there's seventeen left.
Speaker 2: Oh now says this fifteen left, twenty four k.
Speaker 1: Twenty four k. Jesus Christ, it's so good for three hundred dollars buying. I love the World Series of Poker. It's mean, it's just the best thing ever. He really is, all right, So more on the Gladiators of Poker on the next episode, but do tune in to poker Go dot on Monday, June thirtieth Time tvd or is it.
Speaker 2: The stream is set to go live at five pm Pacific, a pm Easton. We're just trying to work out what time to bring him back, so the I'm not here waiting too long.
Speaker 1: Yeah, of course, all right, So that'll be on poker dot Com on Monday. Tune in for that one. Should be a lot of fun. Four hundred and twenty one thousand dollars up top in this year's and Gladiators of Poker the ten k PLO Championship. How many did I do you remember what I said it would get for entries?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 1: What did it get? It got eight ninety four, eight seventy four, got eight seventy four. I mean, it's just this feel is ridiculously enormous. Isaac Kempton leading the way right now one point three nine to four million, so basically one point four million dollars up top. They did get into the money a little bit earlier today, a fairly extended hand for hand portion. First player to bust in the money was Nico Milgram. It's funny because I was I was over there. They actually went hand for hand with one hundred and thirty seven players left in one hundred and thirty two pains, so earlier than normal. Normally they go two off the money. They go to hand for hand, but there was so much stalling that they decided there was a though. Right, yeah, of course, but who cares? These guys stall all the time, so they're stalling, so they go hand for hand. Earlier Nico had nineteen K, I believe, okay, and eurse does he have nineteen K? Twenty you hat twenty four K and he's he goes through the big blind. It was five ten, ten. He goes to the big blind. He obviously pays the ten and the ten he folds. He's got four K left, so he's going to be blinded in the next hand.
Speaker 2: But somebody goes broke. Well, playing Naker, somebody goes broke and he gets into the money with four K. He busted on the hand. He busts on the hand, you know, But good for him. But Nico did cash.
Speaker 1: I think he took twelve tenth in the in the game, tenth in the A game, and then so whatever that pays ten points. I think more than that seventeen points. Look that up.
Speaker 2: I don't I don't know. The fantasy stuff, buddy, that's all you.
Speaker 1: I believe it's twelve points, man, We are way down there right now.
Speaker 2: It's unbelievable.
Speaker 1: Twelve points, okay, and then he got two more points in the ten k Omaha for cashing. So, I mean, we're trying, but Jeremy Osmas is just not doing it for us. So what are we gonna do? You Yesterday, by the way, speaking of freaking duck ups, good lord, you're like, get on this show and you're like, yeah, Jeremy Osmons is leading. He was like fucking one hundredth in chips. No, it was he was so far off first place. It wasn't even funny. It was unbelievable.
Speaker 2: Well yeah, I mean, holloway, why would you do that to me?
Speaker 1: It's just, yeah, making me look like a foul I mean, Chad, what are we doing here?
Speaker 2: What are we doing?
Speaker 1: What are we doing?
Speaker 2: What are we doing? All right?
Speaker 1: So who else is in there in this thing?
Speaker 2: So all the plo hero is going? You mentioned Isaac Kimpton. We got Seth Davies together, We've got Michael Rucco making his.
Speaker 1: I saw set today in the hallway one of the breaks, and I said I thought you were taking a break. It's like I got bored. Okay, I got bored, Max late reds ten Kpolo one of the bigger stacks. Let's go.
Speaker 2: We got a your van hoof. Who is Jim Murray's random player of the day. I have to correct him and said, he's been here the whole series.
Speaker 1: But we've been talking about.
Speaker 2: Your you know what he's doing. He's obviously not listening to us. Alex Fox is in there. We have Roberts, Rahi, Chris Frank, I mean everyone is Steven, Michael.
Speaker 1: Ben lamb Ryan got Bowman's in the money, phil Ivey's in there, Bryan Reese. Okay, Phil Helmuth is in there. Let's funny with Phil Helmuts. So, in typical Phil Helmy fashion, they get the heads up play in the in the Ladies event. Who's between who shows up on stage? Sina Okagodo and Heather Elcorn? Who shows up on stage? Phil? Help? Of course? Right?
Speaker 2: Phil? Come on, let the ladies have that moment?
Speaker 1: Then what hand does sheen Oka goto win it with?
Speaker 2: Don't say nine? Does two black knines?
Speaker 1: Black knins? Black wood?
Speaker 2: What is this white magic blacknines? What is this white magic. I know it happens. It happened like the next hand.
Speaker 1: It was like within like a couple of minutes. This is I go over to Fill and I said, I said, philed, did you just see what happened? He's like no. I was like, she just won it with two Black Knights. He's like, you're kidding me.
Speaker 2: I was like, I swear to gout.
Speaker 1: He like went up there and like touched her with his white magic and then walked off. Boom, two Black Nines. Game over.
Speaker 2: It's just this is eerie. This is very eerie.
Speaker 1: I mean, you can't you can't make it up. Yeah, you absolutely can't make it up. I mean it's just Benny Glaza from one goat to another. That's It's just great stuff.
Speaker 2: Benny Glaza selling too. Okay, what about Benny Ludlow he just busted. Oh my god, Benny, come on wan wan ish so hey, he made some money.
Speaker 1: Could you imagine it Benny glausers bracelet. Yeah, it would be beautiful, it'd be absolutely amazing, absolutely amazing. I mean, just some crazy shit. Seriously, h the twenty five hundred dollars mixed Big Bet and the Mini Oh by the way, quickly Before I get to that, the ten K PLO Championship will be streaming on Tuesday on Poker Grow, so stay tuned for that one. The twenty five hundred dollar Mixed Big Bet and the Mini Main Event both kicked off today. Which one do you want to hit on?
Speaker 2: First? Let's go to the Mix Big Bet Okay.
Speaker 1: Mixed Big Bet had four hundred and fifty eight entries this year. I just pulled up Poker News and there is a picture where DEEB looks like he's laughing his face off and it says deep with the slow roll love it. It had four hundred and sixty eight last year, so ten less, I mean whatever. Two hundred and seven thousand dollars up top in this year's event. Obviously, Sean Deeve is in there, looks like he's doing well. Chris Vich looks like he's doing well. James Ops, that's your boy. Kangaroo Group, Brian Rast, Dylan Wiseman, Dario Alioto, like the greatest one dollar pick in the history of twenty five K fantasy. Dean Eggs is in there. Hopefully he's not misreading any hands, but he's in there. Jeff Madson, Rob Holland, John Turner, Jake Schwartz, Phil Sternheimer. Who else we got Marco Johnson, Allan Lee all look to be in there. I see Johnny Sharman, London John. Let's go well, let's go be He must have been double dipping today because somebody sent me a screenshot of Yeah, and London John was at his online table. So putting in the in the work is London John. I'm telling you thirty cashes, it is on the way. He just needs to make a final say, but I think that's also coming. The guy's getting close. But yeah, maybe the main event. You never know, maybe he'll be the token old guy in the main event that runs the the John hesp the John. Yeah, yeah, I mean little less colored on the jacket. You know we can get John is like you know, his black cap, that black hoodie. He's he's a grinder man. We don't we don't need the flashiness like we got we got it London John.
Speaker 2: Baby.
Speaker 1: But if he does, if London John makes it up his final table, I'm going to get him a special big Ben card protector. That's what we're gonna do. What do you think like a little big Ben maybe one of those little London.
Speaker 2: Here's the phone with the Big Ben's always on the construction or broken. We don't want to put that on that. We don't want to put that out.
Speaker 1: Since when are you a freaking expert on big.
Speaker 2: B I'm an expert. Don't worry. We need to get him something more iconic London. That's the red telephone box big right there on the table. Okay, yeah, no, not a big Ben. We don't want broken big Ben.
Speaker 1: All right, Well, let's go London, John, Let's go London, John. The mini main event kicked off today. Now, I was not aware that they have two starting flights this year, and they did not have two starting flights in the past.
Speaker 2: I think, yeah, we did not know this.
Speaker 1: I thought last year it was just the same thing. But they I guess they added a starting flight. So that means that this thing is going to be absolutely freaking enormous. Yeah, some would say massive, massive, some would say massive. This flight today four thousand and seventy seven entries last year. Can you confirm with this this last year thing? Please? I looked on Poker news, but like, can we look look somewhere else? What exactly like? It won't look I want to say, I want to make sure that there was only one flight last year.
Speaker 2: If she looked on pokings, I'm pretty sure.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Poker News just had days one, two, three, which would tell me that whatever is it in like your like biggest flight doc or whatever that thing is.
Speaker 2: Okay, it's not called the biggest flight.
Speaker 1: Doc whatever whatever that that spreadsheet is that you have confirmed as three days last year. Yeah, so I mean, this thing's gonna have ten thousand entries in are you playing? Get in there? I'm in there. I'm in there tomorrow. I'm I'm dusting it off. I'm dusting it off. I can't freaking wait. I cannot wait. I'm getting in there with the people. Nice early am start.
Speaker 2: Damn you I came, of course.
Speaker 1: I really it's funny. I think I've said this before on the podcast. I've definitely talked about it with friends, But when I play live, I absolutely want to be their hand number one always, especially the World Series of Poker, Like there's just something special about it. Yeah, you know, just being there hand one in an event, and the World Series of Poker is just so much different than so many other events that you know, you know, there's going to be a bunch of other people there. Like sometimes I show up at the wind Or I used to show up at the wind like hand number one, and it'd be like three tables and we're playing three handed on one of the table, and obviously it fills up right, but like no one's in the rush. But I feel like with so many more recreational players and whatnot at the World Series of Poker, like that place is going to be hopping at ten am. So I will have coffee in hand. I will be ready to freaking go ten podcast hot coffee in hand, likely not a podcast hat. I will have my car, I will have my two card protectors. I will have my two card protectors on the table ready to go. That's another thing, by the way, Jason Khm brought it up. I believe Poker dot Org asked him about the car protector. He has that little triton symbol once and he said that he thinks that, you know, we should bring back card protectors because they bring back an element of fun to the game. I had this exact conversation with my good friend Mike Ziemba like three years ago, two years ago, about how card protectors are like cool and fun. It was the year that I ran deep in the two k here and I was at a table with whoever the guy was that won the PSPC, like the he's like Russian or something, he want PSPC. A couple of years I forget his name, and he was at the table was his friend Nikolai Tulan. Okay, look up the guy who one the PSPC.
Speaker 2: Alexander. Alexander what Alexandra, he's Bezan, she'll coo, Yeah, he's bel him. He has he has this little car protector. It's like a I think it's like a guy like backpacking. And like then his buddy, like Nikolai Tulan also had card protectors like you know, you know, I'm like later texting or talking with my friend Mike about how like, yeah, they're kind of like fun and they're cool. I sat next to another guy at the wind recently. He had a little Peppa pig. I know, you know what Peppa pig is? Yeah, exactly, And I know too, So I asked him, I said, you know, what's the semblance of this Pepa pig? You know?
Speaker 1: And he said, oh, it's because my son likes Peppa pig. He gave it to me, so I use it. So yeah, So I have two little card protectors that I use, and I just think that they're like fun little trinkets that can possibly park some spark a conversation. I have a my bag's over there. But I have a little lion because my friend Mike, the person I was talking about the car protectors with, very very good talented poker player, we always talking whatever, and he's always like reminding me just like be a lion at the table. Okay, So I thought it was funny then that I should get a lion. So I got this little lion figuringe and then the other one is like a little black like poodle dog because my dog does yea. So I have Duke and I have the lion, and they just chill.
Speaker 2: I did I saw this thing kind of light loss, don't.
Speaker 1: Depending on how I'm feeling, I might just put one out Like if I'm feeling like, you know, I want to funk sit up just the lion.
Speaker 2: If I if I'm.
Speaker 1: Feeling like you know, maybe it's gonna be like like w sp me an event, maybe I'll just put Duke out there because I don't necessarily need to be a lion on day one A and I should probably chill and not six bet along with King Queen off.
Speaker 2: So I sawed the same way I could get my son to give me, like a hot wheels guy his favorite hot See that thing was cool, and then when a lust, I give it back and say this wasn't lucky. I need a lucky one. So he would go on a hunt. He's got like hundreds of hot because he would hunt for a lucky one. When I won the uh well, when I cashed in the you know, the WPT free roll, you know, for four k, this was a lucky one. We retired it. But I gave him. I got him a roadbox sift card when I went deep in the MSPT Venetia and when I cashed for like six k, I think I got him one hundred dollars Roadbock slift card is like thank you for picking out the lucky car. Now, obviously you might want to argue the car has nothing to do with how I played, but it's also I think a good way to kind of involve my signing poker a little bit. Not that I play a lot, but I play enough where he's interested. Yeah, I did have an idea to double down on my my cowboy stick by getting like a vintage Bootspur, that.
Speaker 1: Would mean a bit incredible.
Speaker 2: I'd put on the thing and like so you can spin the little thing. I haven't really found one, I like because I wanted poker themed. I want some like suits on it. So I was very obvious it's poker. It's a bootsber matches the whole cowboy get up. You know. I could put it on my boots if I want to. I haven't really found anything that I love, but like, if you guys are out there and find something, see something that would be perfect for me, Vintage bootspur, poker themed. This guy wants it.
Speaker 1: I mean, I'm slowly building up the courage to bring my Aztec death Whistle as a card protector. Okay, you know what that is?
Speaker 2: You do? Yeah?
Speaker 1: Oh wow, you know what that is. Sometimes they tell people they have no idea what it is.
Speaker 2: Let me.
Speaker 1: I mean, it's just incredible. It's absolutely incredible. Maybe I'll bring that at some point. I mean I doubt it, but it would be cool. It's when you blow it right and they blow it and it sounds like somebody's like screen like dying. It's out of control.
Speaker 2: Of course.
Speaker 1: Of course I did not buy that. By the way, my friend Mike sent it to me out of nowhere. Once in a while, I'll just get packages and it's from Mike, my buddy who I'm talking about the car Protectors with, and it's just like random ship like this ASTech death whistle. Context just like no context, just show up like it's just almost like what And of course I just know it's from him. The reason why I know it's from him is that, like when I order Amazon packages, it says Donald.
Speaker 2: Peters, okay, this one says this is.
Speaker 1: Donnie okay, And I only know of him sending me packages from Amazon, so I'm like, it has to be him. And then I, you know, I send him a thing and whatever. And but my daughter freaking loves it. She loves it so great. Yeah, it's so great. But anyway, maybe one day I'll bring that, just put it on the table, maybe maybe blow in the middle of MANI I didn't have not I wouldn't do it, but I do. But I do think, like what Jason Kon said, they like it just makes it a little bit more fun, little more more light hearted, right, maybe somebody asks you about you strike up a conversation if you see someone with one with one, I'm like, Okay, at least this guy is not like super serious, like he's at least having some fun overall. Like so it's it's just good. I like having him. So yeah, so normalize card protectors. Yes, have him be like a cool, fun little thing. And like I've looked at like I've looked at different ones, and you know, maybe I'll get one that's just like completely whacky and whatever. But like I think they're cool and fun, So let's have them share them on social media, do the whole thing. Like, I think it's good for the game. But the matter at hand. Mini Main Event four thousand and seventy seven entries in this flight. They have another flight tomorrow or sorry, on Monday. I'm going to be in it. Last year they had six thousand and ninety three entries total in this event. They're going to get six thousand tomorrow for today, meaning this is going to be a ten thousand entry field for short.
Speaker 2: It's madness for sure. Now.
Speaker 1: One of the benefits of this is from an entry's perspective, is you can play both flights. Freeze out per flight, but you can play both flights and it's called the Mini Main event because it has the same structure as the main event, just sped up condemed Yeah op h plus the one re entry, but get sixty thousand starting chips. You know, you go through the same blind levels, but they're thirty minute levels I believe, so a bit faster.
Speaker 2: But yeah, this should really have four flights ten am five pm, and then it should have a day two where you can enter as well.
Speaker 1: You're saying just exactly maybe it.
Speaker 2: Should be copy piste. If it's the minim event, you.
Speaker 1: Have copy pass to still be able to get it over flights.
Speaker 2: On one day. Why doesn't need what they already added the daysia, Why can't they ad another day?
Speaker 1: Make it a couple of days I'm saying. I'm saying three days, meaning the day ones are one day like collectively, and then whatever.
Speaker 2: I mean, there's all ways you do it. If you want to make the real mini Main event this, it's gotta be more.
Speaker 1: I just think, I just think it. I just don't want it to be like too close to like the Million Maker and the Monster like it should just it should be essentially what I like this to be and I know you're not supposed to call it this, and I don't want to, but I'm gonna use that to paint the pictures a turbo version of the main event or a tenth of the buy in, like that's what this is. Yeah, you know, so, but you can you could do stuff like that, sure, Like you could extend registration somehow, like you know, I don't know how, but you know, figure it out. Maybe people can come in with five big blinds with the hell cares. So we do have a duck up that you got to get to right now.
Speaker 2: You gotta just put me. You're just gonna throw me under that.
Speaker 1: That I mean.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we'd like to recap events here on the podcast. We talk about winners, talk about the losers.
Speaker 1: We talked about you know, Okagodo.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna say, we're going to talk about the ghosts that you vim me too. We had a little tweet today from one of our fans saying that, hey, you know, you missed one and I think you need to, uh, you know, mention it. So we're going to wind the clock back and then sixty one the five hundred dollars no lemon holding freezer one by Craig Savage. He topped a five thousand and eighty two entrant field to win the bracelet and two hundred and twenty nine thousand dollars. Oh is that all? That's all free? So Cruisey's way through to win. That's so big. Apologies to mister Savage, and thank you Evil Roy on Twitter for kind of you know, pointing that out, making us go back and you know, give give Trevor the curtos he needs. So there's a duck up counter make that spin producer Rich Savage.
Speaker 1: If you find his Twitter, which I'm not gonna be able to find now on the fly, but if you already able to find it, he was kind of like sharing updates throughout the event. Certainly it looked like there was a lot of emotion when he won, what it meant to him, So very very cool to see him go on to win again whatever. It was a two twenty nine first buying, so simply incredible stuff there, and honestly that's what the World Series of Poker is all about.
Speaker 2: So his Twitter bier, you can find him an ex Savage X father, husband, educator. That's fine. Neuroscientists psychologic can't speak today, pro economics coach. Poker player leads doc blue. What's doc blue? Is that Duke.
Speaker 1: Leads Duke Blue. Everything everything on that profile sounds great until he got to the bleed Duke Blue.
Speaker 2: You know, we can do Duke the bad guys. Not yet.
Speaker 1: No one likes Duke, like just like you know, no one likes the Yankees, like. No one cares about Duke other than people who like Duke, like got it for whatever weird reason. I mean he probably went to do you know, but probably yeah, but yeah, most people hate Duke. Okay, so sorry Craig if we're hating dude. But I mean, congrats on the accomplishment. Congrats on the accomplishment. We don't care about Duke, but congrats on the accomplishment. It is really cool stuff for you to go on and get that. I don't know how you cram all that stuff in there.
Speaker 2: What was it?
Speaker 1: Psychologist, neurologist, behavioral sign just know how you do all that and then be a poker player.
Speaker 2: But good on you, everything, Good on you. Not just poke a play bracelet winning poke play true.
Speaker 1: Very very true, very very true. All right, that's going to do it for us. It's twelve forty eight am. I got to try and get some sleep so I can be here ten am tomorrow. Coffee in hand, Mini main event time. I cashed it twice before.
Speaker 2: This will be the third time.
Speaker 1: My best finish was one hundred and fifteenth.
Speaker 2: You'll finish back at the old rio.
Speaker 1: Hope I better that finish and go on to do great things in this one, because this one is going to be enormous, absolutely enormous. I'm gonna say this one gets ten thousand and eight hundred runners total. You got a number, what did it have today? Four thousand and seventy seven.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna go nine, nine hundred and eighty six.
Speaker 1: Okay, cool, nine nine eighty six, ten thsy eight hundred here, and that's gonna do it for us. His name is Tim Duckworth, my name is Donnie Peters, and we will talk to you guys next time.
Speaker 2: J