Speaker 1: Oh yes, and we continue on this hour. Yes, and we ah, we do have one more pair of tickets to give away this hour as well.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we do. Stay tuned. We're gonna give those away soon.
Speaker 3: We're not fooling around Rodney, Not today, nobody, not on a day where Tanner Scott was a stud the night before he was. You know what I think? Honestly, I think last night cemented his appearance in the All Star Game.
Speaker 2: That's what I'm gonna comment on that, Freddie, what is wrong with you?
Speaker 3: But wait, there's even better news. Tanner Scott is on Dan Wyke's fantasy team. We were going to talk some basketball with Dan, but let's just start with this from the La Times.
Speaker 4: Dan.
Speaker 3: Whykey, So last night was a big night for you.
Speaker 5: Dan, Yeah, it was really good news for my fantasy team. I feel like it's like one of the things I think I heard someone once say that your fantasy team and your dreams and what happened in your dreams are two things no one else ever wants to talk about. You tell people I had a crazy dream of ust like guys also, but yeah, well I did have a crazy Drebus and tennis. Scott got outs we did shut it down on the tenth big win for my squad.
Speaker 1: Well, let me ask that Dan, what did you think and you had a good dream, what you think saw him on the mound?
Speaker 5: First off, I was actually sleeping, literally I was.
Speaker 2: I was.
Speaker 5: I had one of those nights you guys know when you got young kids and stuff like that, and you do the whole like bedtime routine, like we sat down, we read a story, we laid down, did that whole thing, and I crashed out. I woke up at like eleven o'clock in my kid's bed, really so so I didn't see I remember. I will say though, I.
Speaker 6: Will say I am.
Speaker 5: I am as close as I've ever been as an adult to becoming a Dodgers fan, like full on that, Like I've been a White Sox fan my whole life. It is a miserable life. It is not fun. They're a terrible organization. I went to a Dodger in the other day. But it's just like, why why am I not doing this? They should just be what I do I for, if not for me, for my kids. Yes, like let that let them enjoy otany, Let them enjoy MOVI and Freddy Freeman instead of making them get excited about some slant hitting infield like two eighty guy that the White Sox got for you know, the cy young Derrick Cruche Like, like, what am I doing? So my fandom is close? And you know what, Ronney, if the if the Bears can figure out Taylor Williams, I may.
Speaker 4: Have to find a new NFL team too, totally done.
Speaker 2: Oh You're gonna leave Chicago permanent.
Speaker 5: And I've got dreams and I've got dreams to talk about ever ride else too, by the way, if the real problem is my family, see my real favorite sports teams.
Speaker 2: Danny, but Danny, don't do.
Speaker 5: Don't Once said I had dream that my my pillow eight me.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's great.
Speaker 3: No, you didn't dream that, didn't.
Speaker 4: I don't dream all right?
Speaker 2: Fine? Yeah? Because do you remember your dreams? Are you able to remember.
Speaker 5: Your dreams periodically? Not that often though, it's mostly just exhaustion and blink space.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you remember your dreams?
Speaker 3: Can you recall sometimes?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 5: Do you do you have any reoccurrerent? Do you have any reoccurring once.
Speaker 2: Years ago? Yes? No longer I do.
Speaker 1: I still get dropped out of a helicopter in the middle of pitch black night in the middle of the ocean where you cannot see land, so you don't you don't know which way to swim. Yeah, like a navy seal, you don't know which way to swim. You don't know where the shore is. And I get kidnapped and dropped out there and I have to find my way back. Really yeah, and I'm just swimming and swimming and swimming and swimming, and then.
Speaker 5: I always have I'm always trying to still graduate college.
Speaker 4: Is that?
Speaker 5: It's that and like like there's been a discovery that I didn't take, like some specific class and I have to redo it. Is the one is the reoccurring one.
Speaker 2: That I have? Do you wake up in a sweat?
Speaker 5: It's always just like very odd. It's just like a very odd like like you know, wondering like where your oceanography homework is.
Speaker 4: It's a strange show.
Speaker 2: Is it the same course that you didn't you forgot to take.
Speaker 5: That you No, it's it's usually it's usually.
Speaker 4: Something very bizarre. But no, that's my recurring trip.
Speaker 3: All right. But here's the thing. So you have these reoccurring dreams. Do you ever go to the Book of Dreams and what they mean.
Speaker 2: No, do you know what that?
Speaker 3: You don't know what yours means? Dan Rodnie, do you know what yours means?
Speaker 2: No? I don't want to get that deep into it.
Speaker 3: I really do you want me to look it up right now?
Speaker 2: No? I don't.
Speaker 5: I'm good.
Speaker 2: I want to know. I don't want to if it's a good thing.
Speaker 3: It is.
Speaker 5: It is the type of thing Fred people say, like the best exercise you can do right, And I've spent a lot of time actually thinking about this, but thet as someone who travels a lot, the best exercise you can do on the road is swim. You can swim laps right because you only have to bring one piece of workout clothing the swim trunks, provided you're not going to like European pools or something like that, but like one piece of clothing and you can do it anywhere and it drives. You can do it the next day, right, and it's it's a full body workouts, great.
Speaker 4: At in your joints.
Speaker 5: I have no desire to spend ten to twenty minutes up with my own thoughts like that swimming laps. That's like it's too quiet, too much time. I don't need to know what's going out in my head. I'm best distracted. I don't want to know.
Speaker 4: I don't want to know. I don't I don't want to know what.
Speaker 2: I farborate either. Look at Fred, stop looking it up, Fred, nobody wants to know.
Speaker 3: I'm not going to read it. I don't care. I just want to see. Maybe it's a really good thing. If it is, i'll tell you. If not, I won't say it. Are you really anything with the NBA Finals? Dan? Besides watching?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 5: I mean, I'm just going to kind of take it in and I think, like it's it's sort of you know, from my my perspective and from the job perspective. Right, as always, it's usually pretty reactionary. Teams are pretty reactionary to what plays out in front of them. What can be sort of learned behavior from the teams that made it, Like, what can be copied different things like that. I think, you know, really really interesting contrasts and styles. I believe this is sort of the new NBA, Like, like I think it's I mean, it's not shocking to say that we're in a we're in a time of parody in the league. It felt like a couple of years ago that Denver would be there every year. They had the best player, they had the perfect team around him. They have been back, you know, and I think it was Dallas last year. It felt like, oh my god, Dallas, you know, like that team is totally different now. And while the Thunder feels sort of inevitable for a stretch and they are in a better position than most to like turn this into a multi year thing, there's some all over the league, like we know so many chances these guys are going to get, and I think it's going to be a really exciting series that in terms of style teams that we don't normally see on this stage and my hunches that we will learn that the Thunder as their record has showed us all Yurope and their point differential have showed us that they are the best team in the NBA and will be a worthy champion. But it'll be fun to see these markets that that don't normally get the shan get the shine.
Speaker 2: Yeahs W, I think it's good.
Speaker 1: And you mentioned it, you know, it's a copycat league and pretty much all the sports, it's just what we're going to start seeing, uh, And it was very evident you know, the two teams did it right. They have depth, right, and they actually play defense what they're known for. And and we saw the flip of that with with the Lakers having no depth, no big man, and not playing a whole lot of defense. Are we going to see that be more of an emphasis going forward from the other teams?
Speaker 5: I mean, I think I think with both of these teams, like, I think that's a little reduction, Runny. I mean, I think, you know, I think what both of these teams are is like they play to their strengths right, And that's what with the second apron and the CBA rules and the limitations you have on spending, you're you're not going to be able to build a perfect team. So what you have to do is you have to build the right The type of team that can hide its weakness is best, and I think and find ways to do it right. And in Indiana a team that that is okay, I would say defensively, not a great, great defensive team, but good enough. Like what they do is they have a player and Marys Halliburton who initiates offense and does it without turning the ball over, and they do it at a time in the league when you know, I was talking to some executives about this yesterday. It is like basketball can be complicated, but sometimes it's just about creating more opportunities to score.
Speaker 4: Than the other team.
Speaker 5: You know, that was one of the things J. J. Reddick said about the Lakers, and it was true. They didn't get enough rebounds. They turned the ball over too much against Minnesota, but Timberls had more chances to score than they did well. Tyres Tylerburton never turns the ball over, and I think that is a huge factor in this series. And if they're able to continue to generate offensive opportunities and do it at the speed at which they do, because that's they don't let the playoffs slow them down. The Thunder maybe the ones that's been able to do it, but the Knicks couldn't do it, Cleveland couldn't do it. They play fast like that is their advantage, and they are built around their advantages. The Thunder's advantages are you know, they're able to create They're able to create mismatches off the dribbles, shake gills with Alexander uh they have incredible defensive tenacity and they make open shops. I think you just got to kind of be who you are. Like the Lakers aren't gonna be able to build a pacers out roster right like they have luka Ocic, they Lebron James, they have Austin Reeves like like that that is their core. They have to find the right players around those three to maximize their strengths right, which are primarily offensively, and hide their deficiencies which show up on the defensive end. And I think that it's like that's not some you know, aha moment lesson, but that that's that's the NBA. Now, that's what you have to do it and you can't be wrong, Like you just can't be you can't you can't sign a player like gave Vincent to the mid level exception and Gave Vincent is a good BASKETBLL player. He's not played well for the Lakers. He's a good basketball player. His strengths don't fit like offensively, he needs the ball more like that is he's in. He's more of a rhythm point guard, you know, not really a point guard, but like he's a he's more of a creator.
Speaker 4: With the basketball.
Speaker 5: He's not gonna get the basketball a lot on the team with le Bron, James Austin, he's certainly not on one with with Luca Agit Stu. So it's like, you know, when you have a player who you use one of your few weapons to go a a player and he doesn't fit your version of the roster, like that's that's hard to overcome. And I think, you know, the Lakers in this summer, it's gonna be a real challenge. But the task is, you know, to find with limited with limited means and free agency, to find the right players, that's it, and then to also use you know, the assets they do have a first round pick, some swaps don't connect, whatever it may be, some expiring contracts to now like go get the right kinds of players that can make your core even stronger. And you know, I think I think you've got to be the best version of yourself. And I don't think the Lakers were necessarily even that far off from that part of it. So I don't think you have to do it exactly like the PACER's exactly. It's the thunder. You just have to do it the way that that that suits your roster best.
Speaker 3: Dan Wykey is whethers all right? You hear Tom Thibodeau has fired, and you thought.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I was surprised at you know, I was surprised at the timing, not surprised as the result. There have been kind of rumblings in you know, NBA circles for a few weeks you know, uh, at the end of the regular season that it was like, you know, they need to have a good playoff run from to keep your job. Well, they had a good playoff run, and so that part of it is surprising. It's just a reminder that, like a lot of this stuff, sometimes it's like these.
Speaker 4: Jobs are like they kind of come with term moments.
Speaker 5: They just sort of do. When you hear an organization say like we need a new voice, and what they're really saying is that, you know, we've heard enough, We've done things in the same way for too long.
Speaker 4: And like we just have to try something different.
Speaker 5: I don't think it's smart in this case, again, a team that I don't think was that far off from being where it needed to be, a team that really would have benefited from another year, I think together trying to maximize the talented pieces and a team that could that could you know, quite frankly like develop a little better now. Look, the criticisms with TIBs today are the same that they've always been. Plays guys too much, runs them into the ground, they're not ready for the playoffs, or or they burn out eventually in the playoffs they get broken down. That's been true for a long time. But no team that's fired Tibbs has been immediately better. It just hasn't happened yet. Didn't happen in Chicago, didn't have in Minnesota. You know, we'll see here in New York because their timeline, like a lot of these teams, particularly in the Eastern Conference next year with no Jason Tatum, is now the timeline is now. Like like so, whoever you're going to hire New York has to be ready to go win now. And that that's not that's not these tasks.
Speaker 7: No.
Speaker 1: Anything with h them. You know you said it was bound to happen. You're not overly surprised about Tips. Is that the talk of maybe Michael Malone going to New York is it could be a reason why they did it till soon like.
Speaker 5: This, I think you you know, I was, I was with some NBA types yesterday and that was sort of the logic, was that you don't do this unless you know, unless you know that you're is like who you're replating, You're you're not doing this to open up a coaching search, is the general idea, right? Is that? So you know you should whether it's Michael Malone, whether it's Johnny Bryant who was a finalist in Phoenix for you know, Jordan not got that job former Lakers assistant guys. Uh, it's you know, Frank Vogel. I mean, like if you if you're talking like championship pedigree coaches, right, there's only so many who have done it. We're available. If that's kind of the road you're going, like, you better get on it quickly, especially if you had an offseason. So I wouldn't. I would not anticipate some long out, sort of dramatic mixed coaching search.
Speaker 3: Dan Adam Silver made the comment All Star Game this year USA against the World. He doesn't really know what that means, but he knows that's what's going to happen.
Speaker 2: What do you think.
Speaker 5: It's sort of like the only song that's left left to try to play, like we're running out of you know, we're sort of running out of options. My hunch is that it'll be good for a short amount of time, like the first year of it could be really fun. That game will be in Los Angeles, like, you know, it could be really exciting to see. You know, you've got teammates that are going to match up against you, like Lebron, James and Luca. You'll be on different teams and stuff like that. Uh, you know, like any of these things though, whether it's money, whether it's school yard draft picks, right like, ultimately, but the league has to the league kind of has to to figure out what it wants from its players, right, Like on one hand, you say, we need you to try and I believe this to actually be true that like you have to try Hotter in our Offstar game that you know, this is one of the few showcase products we have where casuals watch, like we don't want to see, you know, eighty three is jacked up, nobody playing any defense by like the middle of the first quarter, nobody trying, no excitement, Like that's not that's not what we want. So you introduce this as a way to like try to like you get, give it a joke jolt and it will. But at the same time too, like the league also tells players like, we need you to be available in the regular season. We need you to play every game. If you don't play x amount of games, you're not can make all NBA. Your roster bonuses are tied. This type of stuff. You know, in the Lakers case last year, for instance, like you're playing games on the Wednesday after the Alscar game, you know, or the Thursday right after that. There's not much of a real break if the players need one. So I do think there's mixed messaging in the players end of the day. I think the players should go play harder. Is sort of where it is that it's you know, is this gonna is this? Have they solved anything with this?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 5: I mean I was in Chicago the first year they did the target score and it was really really exciting. Remember like the Alcar game, is we played in Kobe Bryant's memory and for his legacy because Kobe tried hard in the Alcer game and everybody was gonna be inspired by like that spirit. I mean that lasted for a year and then nobody cared again. So my hunch is that there will be more of this, But sure, you know, bring Lee Green with out to say, God bless.
Speaker 4: The usaid before the game, I guess right to get those fans all excited.
Speaker 5: I got I don't know, I mean like like we like we might have a thin. It might be a moment. And look, produced is a good game, that's great, you know, but uh, you know, the format is what it is. It's it's it's a it's a tough one to totally you totally figure out.
Speaker 1: What about the real quick Dan, the word Jared Allen might be a possibility for the Lakers.
Speaker 2: What do you hear? And is that even a possibility?
Speaker 5: I mean, I think he is. I I don't think they would trade Austin Reeves to get Jared Allen. So the question becomes, how do you get him?
Speaker 6: Uh?
Speaker 5: But I think he does a lot of the stuff that that you would like. It's a name that's made a lot of sense for them.
Speaker 4: Uh.
Speaker 5: Cleveland's willingness to move off of him has always been a little suspect. He's on a great contract. Guys had an all star type season, had a horrible playoff, you know, but does sort of the rim running, rim protection stuff you want from that job. And and look, I can tell you like I mean they have high aspirations for for this for whoever is going to play this position. Whether or not they're able to get there, we don't know, but it's like, you know, they're not They're not waiting for the season to end to go race out and sign you know, the backup center on the you know, the Utah Jazz to go fill that job. Like that's not where their mindset is. Like they're they're gonna they're gonna be aggressive. I'm a little skeptical that they'll be able to get a big deal done, but I think I think they believe they can get the right guy. And you know, there are only so many who do the kind of prototypical Lucas stuff, and Jared Allens one of them. I mean, he's a guy that they they absolutely should call on. He's a guy they should absolutely gage the price on. And you know, the question I would have is do they have enough to get him? That's the question if if Jared Allen's on the market, is there you know, is there an other team that would be able to do more than you know, a first round pick.
Speaker 4: Some swaps don't connect and expiring money.
Speaker 5: Like like is there a team that has more to offer and my hunch would be that there is, but the Lakers need to be in that mix if that indeed is a player that they can get at.
Speaker 3: Okay, damn, good stuff. I appreciate you coming on.
Speaker 5: Thanks for having me, guys. I appreciate it. I'm gonna go. I'll have dreams about the segment tests.
Speaker 3: All right, Dan, take it easy. Okay, should we do Dodger tickets now, Roddy.
Speaker 2: Yeah, let's do it. Let's do it, all right. We got to pay it into the stadium.
Speaker 3: Yeah, tonight Dodgers Mets. You win, you get the ticket. You better head out there. Eight six, six, nine eighty seven, two five seventy What calling number you want? I like number five, number five.
Speaker 7: Let's do this, Hello, Rogan and Rodney listener, did you know AM five seventy LA Sports has a wide range LA sports podcast shows like Petros in Money. We are streaming Matt Dodger Talk with David Vasse.
Speaker 5: The Dodger Podcast of Record.
Speaker 7: Clipper Talk Without a Musk, follow us all and many more. Just go to A five seventy LA Sports on the iHeartRadio.
Speaker 2: App and we keep it moving.
Speaker 1: On a hump Day, Wednesday, June fourth, Rodney Pete, Fred Rogan, who we got, Freddie?
Speaker 2: Who won?
Speaker 3: Jose and Londale's going. That's it, Jose and Londale, You're going to the game that I wait to go. You win the tickets, have a great time. Hopefully you see another great Tanner Scott outing. He's just on the bandwagon of Tanner Scott now. I think, honest to god, he's the greatest. Well, it might be a little much to say, but one of the greatest relievers in baseball history. Maybe it's a little over the top, but woman's last night spoke volumes to me, spoke town speaks. I listened to the ground, and I listened, and the ground told me he's back. Rodney Tanner Scott's back.
Speaker 2: Well, let's hope, So, fred let's hope. Though.
Speaker 1: I think he's got it, but he's got to streak a couple of these together.
Speaker 2: And then we can say he's back.
Speaker 3: Okay, Well, I hear you. I'm just telling you from where I said, how I see it. You go out there and do that last night against a team like the Mets. You're a guy that should be out there every single night.
Speaker 2: That's right. Well, and listen, the Mets and there are no sloughs that lineup. You know.
Speaker 1: You know, we talk about the Dodger, but that lineup is pretty good too. So yeah, you got to come with it if you're going to shut those guys down. And uh, but yeah, it'll be interesting. I think that this is also I know you said this was a must win last night, but I think, you know, winning one of these next two games is also a must for the Dodgers. They cannot lose three out of four to the Mets, and if they win three out of four, I think it's watch out, watch out world, because now they're about to go on a roll.
Speaker 3: Has one sobto bothered you? No, no, no, not like he's bothering a lot of folks, especially some met fans.
Speaker 2: But no, he doesn't bother.
Speaker 1: Me, you know, I think he Uh in what way would you say that that he's bothering you? Just on general principles, like what he's not doing anything that he didn't do for that when he was with the Nationals or the Yankees last year.
Speaker 3: I know, I just I don't like even at the I don't like watching.
Speaker 2: Him at the plate.
Speaker 1: There, I said, but that's not who he's always been do the stare down and do that whole thing.
Speaker 2: There's little antics.
Speaker 1: I think everybody knows that, so people don't get offended by it, because that's who he's always been, regardless of the team.
Speaker 2: I know.
Speaker 3: But his helmet is too small, okay you no am? I the only one that will say it out loud. His helmet is too small and it drives me insane.
Speaker 1: Vinet Bryce Young's helmet when he was a rookie, that helmet was way too big.
Speaker 2: Now he's saying, uh.
Speaker 6: I can't say. I can't say that that's necessarily stood out to me. Fred, And even if it had, I don't know if that's a big issue. Still a great player, I don't care. Well, first of was you rather he looked like Bartolo Colon up there and swing through his heels and have the helmet fall off of his head every time? Is that what you want to see? That's what Fred wants.
Speaker 3: I'm just telling you. I want to watch tonight and then tell me is his helmet too small?
Speaker 2: Because it is? Well, he grew on his hair, Freddy.
Speaker 1: He's letting his hair grow, so maybe that may be a little bit issue of why it looks like that.
Speaker 3: Okay, but then he needs a bigger helmet. It's safety issue. Now, I'm serious riding it looks like you guys weren't a Yamaica.
Speaker 2: No, stop it, stop it, Fred, stop it.
Speaker 1: You're not wearing them damn Yamaica.
Speaker 3: Hey, that's where I draw the line. Buster. If you want to say that, then I'm not putting up with it. What was that? Just watch tonight? That's all I'm saying.
Speaker 6: Did Wan Soto have a bad week in your fantasy playoffs a couple of years ago or something? To Fred, because that's that's kind of what I'm thinking right now. Did you have this indebta against Wan Soda for some reason?
Speaker 2: No, he did not have a bad him.
Speaker 3: I don't have an end for him every time.
Speaker 2: He just kids said that out of the blue.
Speaker 1: On so it'll bother you came on the air saying, so why would he?
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 3: I just run through the wrong way. I'm really glad the Dodgers didn't sign him. I am.
Speaker 1: So he does bother you. He does rub you the wrong way, and you don't know why. I don't know, but it can't be just because you think his helmet's too small. I don't like his attitude.
Speaker 3: I don't like when he goes up there every time he's like, oh, I'm gonna fake bunt the first pitch. Who I mean, do it or don't?
Speaker 6: Part of his gazemanship, fred That's what he's doing. He's he's part of his strategy.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you like he's acting like a little kid Freddi. You don't like that part.
Speaker 3: No, I don't be like Freddie Freeman. Go up and do your business. Go take care of your business. Be like Otani.
Speaker 6: So not that there's anything wrong with Freddie or Atani. Those guys are phenomenal in her own way. But you're basically saying, Sodo, don't play with any emotion.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's what you're saying.
Speaker 6: Basically, bring your hard hat, a hard helmet that barely fits your head.
Speaker 2: You know what I can't. I can't.
Speaker 1: I can't stand O'tani saying hello to everyone when he gets up to the plate.
Speaker 2: That just rubs me the wrong way. I hate that, Fred.
Speaker 6: Why he always waving to them?
Speaker 2: Yea?
Speaker 6: Why you gonna be so damn.
Speaker 1: Nice manager of the other team. Why way saying hi to the catcher? Come on, your enemies, Why are you doing that? How are you doing that? Oh Tani, somebody.
Speaker 3: Said that, I'd say, well, I disagreed dramatically because I think it's a sign of professionalism and I respect it greatly. I think everybody should be like that. Oh no, what do we playing? Patty Cakes and Tilly winks. It's a competitive game'd be smiling and chippy with the other team, and hey, how you doing waving? How's your how's your how's your ankle?
Speaker 2: Bob? Hey you good? How's that gallbladder? Oh? It's fine, how you doing bladder?
Speaker 3: See?
Speaker 6: Fred, this is why people in your house call you the old head, because see people like Rodney and I want to see like the WBC or the Dominican Republic is playing drums and having music and flares in the stands and all.
Speaker 2: That that flipping and all of that.
Speaker 6: Fred wants to take us back to the nineteen fifties that was like here, crumbs, Jack didn't the blank?
Speaker 2: What you want? How that again?
Speaker 6: Marlboro? O, Mom, that's what you want, Fred, break out the old rag time piano.
Speaker 2: U ball game, ball game.
Speaker 3: No, that's not what I want, by the way, And you know I don't look at things like that.
Speaker 6: I am That's why I'm surprised that you're looking at it like this.
Speaker 2: Pull your bridges up, son?
Speaker 3: Is it just me? Or does one showed one so to look like when he's hitting hands like a case of the shakes, does he No, he's like moving all around.
Speaker 6: No, he does. After he takes a pitch, he does a little wiggle before he steps out. Thanks, I noticed it, But it doesn't bother me. Who cares. That's what he does. Used to step out of the box and unbuckle every single piece of furniture or whatever that he's wearing, and then step back in. I have a problem with that either. Whatever, that's what guys do.
Speaker 1: Undo his batting gloves every time and then get back in and every.
Speaker 2: Pitch, every single one.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's part of his thing. That's his routine. That's how I got him going.
Speaker 3: I don't know if you look at what Soto does. Again, maybe it's just me. But I think a lot of people agree with me.
Speaker 2: No, they don't.
Speaker 3: I think No, I think a lot too.
Speaker 1: We don't have time to take calls today. Yeah, because they don't agree with you. Every one of them would not agree with Yeah, I'm gonna tell you this and you can write this down and inc.
Speaker 3: We could take three hours of calls tomorrow about this topic, and I think everybody would agree. But we don't have a show tomorrow because the Dodgers are playing, So you'll just have to take my word for it.
Speaker 6: Yeah, you're saving grace there, Fred, because you know how this would go, by the way how this always goes. And then after we take fifteen calls, we disagree with Fred says, See, I told you everyone agrees with me.
Speaker 2: Mm hmm.
Speaker 3: Well, and that's because, to be quite honest, you guys hear what you want to hear.
Speaker 2: I'd listen to people. Oh is that it?
Speaker 6: You listen to what they're not saying? Is that what it is?
Speaker 3: For us?
Speaker 1: When Kevin rewinds the tape and plays it back, we still hear what we want to hear.
Speaker 6: At that point, Rodney, I docked with the tape. You know I used it. It was AI Fred, AI callers, That's what it was.
Speaker 3: Hey, can we do an AI person segment?
Speaker 2: Kevin? What do you mean?
Speaker 3: Can I make like an AI talking person and let the person do a segment.
Speaker 6: An entire segment?
Speaker 3: Well, they only talk for like eight seconds.
Speaker 6: Maybe you might ever remember this fan. So back when we first started with your show, I don't know if Rodney was here yet or not, remember where we were talking about doing automated game reports in the NBA. It was Mark Cuban's idea way back when, and we actually started doing that. An automated game report.
Speaker 3: Wasn't that with Google Voice?
Speaker 6: It was I don't know if it was Google Voice. It was a different online platform, and I would basically te you know, pull back the curtain. Jay Stu was still producing at the time. I was on the board, but I would actually type up and make up these fake game reports, type them up, and it was an AI voice that would actually speak to it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you know what.
Speaker 6: We couldn't staff the Clipper Laker game last night, so we actually had our automated reporter check in and I will type in the most I will type in the most ridiculous things.
Speaker 3: Can we do that Friday? Sure?
Speaker 2: Why not?
Speaker 3: Can you write one for Friday?
Speaker 2: But aren't we had sketchers? Are you gonna be able to do that when we're there?
Speaker 5: Oh?
Speaker 6: Yeah, we can can't do it Friday, and we can find a way to make it work.
Speaker 3: We should do one of those on Friday. That would be very funny. All right, Yeah, and we mostly get them for the Clipper games. Kevin Imber. Yes, we didn't do real Clipper coverage.
Speaker 2: That's so horrible.
Speaker 3: We had an AHI voice.
Speaker 2: That's horrible.
Speaker 3: You wrote them.
Speaker 2: Yes, we need more of that stuff.
Speaker 6: I'll see if I can dig up some of the old ones to give like an example of how they used to sound. Oh, I have to save somewhere. Okay, well look in the archive.
Speaker 3: All right, let's see if we can find that. All right, so we already gave the tickets away, but here's a reminder. Friday, we're gonna be at Sketchers. You know exactly where Sketchers is. It is on pH at Crenshaw in Torrents. We're gonna be there starting at noon, noon to two. We have ten pairs of doctor tickets to give away. We will give them away on the air. You cannot call. You have to be there. And if you are there, you will be one of many because the first thousands will score a free Sketcher's tote or a hat. We've got swagged to give away. We've got those tickets to give away. And if that's not enough, how about this for a limited time by two pairs and get a third pair of Sketchers free.
Speaker 2: Oh yes, sir.
Speaker 3: And when I say that, I'm not talking about okay, you buy these two irregular price, and the third one are like little baby shoes.
Speaker 2: They're real shoes.
Speaker 3: Why like little Why would you even say that?
Speaker 1: I don't even know where that that's like, that's like the one Soto out of the blue.
Speaker 2: Why would you even say the third pair of baby shoes?
Speaker 3: Because people don't think they would actually get a third pair free. They think there'd be a catch. These are not like once worn shoes, right, like a demo when you buy a car.
Speaker 1: You think somebody who's actually thinking, oh if he's doing a promotion for buy two shoes get one free. Yeah yeah, that third shoe probably is some baby shoes. Nobody thinking like except for you.
Speaker 3: I'm just trying. I'm just trying to avoid any problems when we get there. That's it, and we're gonna have special guest star. Butnoyd Benjamin, who's going to have fish with lots of tartar sauce. Kevin suggests we buy the fish at Whole Foods.
Speaker 1: Gotta have it ready made that you're gonna have, you're gonna have to cook it. If you can buy it there, but you're gonna have to cook it.
Speaker 6: I just said that was the nearest store. There's a Trader Joe's that's not that far from there as well, but again you'd have to cook it.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Should we just get him raw fish and let them cooking the fish market somewhere around the corner.
Speaker 3: Should we should we go like to Long Johnson or should we get him like raw fish?
Speaker 6: I feel like you would appreciate fish that he can eat on site.
Speaker 2: You get some regular fish.
Speaker 1: Let's find out what what fish store fish market is close by that you can have it made.
Speaker 6: I mean, there's an Islands in that shopping center across the way. Maybe get him a fish sandwich or something from there. Islands has fish. I don't know if it's kind of fish he's looking for, but they have it.
Speaker 3: He just wants a nice piece of fish. We have a lot of tartar sauce.
Speaker 2: That's it. Huh. Maybe I don't know. You can go to doing soul food, get him some catfish.
Speaker 6: We're talking.
Speaker 3: Yeah, is there a place down there for that?
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 6: No, there's no there's no kitchen over there. No, no, no, you gotta go to Inglewood for that.
Speaker 3: Well yeah, he went on Crenshaw, but we got to go somewhere that's open at eleven in the morning.
Speaker 1: Yeah, all right, let's think on it. Nobody out there got any suggestions, let us know, Yeah.
Speaker 3: Fish by the Sketchers on pch and Crunch on torns. Okay, we'll take your suggestions and we'll wrap it up after this.
Speaker 7: We've made it even easier to take LA Sports with you this summer. Make AM five to seventy or your favorite AM five seventy LA Sports podcast, a preset on the iHeartRadio app using Apple CarPlay or Android Auto road Trip all summer with LA Sports.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, come on, let's bring it on home. Freddie Rodney, Pete, Fred Rogan on a hump day.
Speaker 2: Let's go. All right.
Speaker 3: A couple of things we were talking about, these AI generated kind of game stories we did years ago. When I came back to the station and Kevin, you went into the archive, found one in twenty seventeen.
Speaker 6: Yeah, so this is from January of twenty seventeen, the Lakers.
Speaker 2: And this was the bad Well what was here then?
Speaker 6: I think that was I think you may have just started Rodney at that point. So this is the Lakers with D'Angelo Russell and Jordan Clarkson, and they were winning like sixteen games a year, and this is a game I guess they when they played San Antonio and this is when Kawhi and Tim dunkin. They might have even gone to the finals that year. So here's one of the game quote unquote game recaps that we that we did.
Speaker 8: Thursday night in San Antonio. The Spurs defeated the Los Angeles Lakers by the score of one hundred and thirty four to ninety four. Wait, seriously, the Lakers lost by forty points. Damn son. I know y'all are rebuilding, but this is embarrassing. Kawhi Leonards scored thirty one points in just three quarters of action. Well, former Laker Pau Gasol scored twenty two points with nine rebounds and six assists. Think the Lakers could have used him in this game. I'd read off some of the Lakers stats, but why bother They got straight up fitch slapped. The only positive thing that happened to the Lakers is that the game actually ended.
Speaker 3: Kevin, we got to start doing that.
Speaker 2: Was funny. And what.
Speaker 6: I would I typed those up and I will put them into the automated system and it would voice them.
Speaker 3: Yes, oh yeah, we got to start doing those again.
Speaker 6: Jason Stewart is listening, by the way. He wanted to make sure that everyone knew that it was his idea.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we gotta start doing those. Well, then we'll get them sponsored.
Speaker 6: Well, let's not get crazy for ye all right?
Speaker 3: Uh fish bonds, grill and Torrents just right around the corner from sketchers. Okay, okay, this bond's grill, Fish Bonds, grill. Keep that in mind for Benoit's Friday Fish. All right, Ronnie, thank you, Kevin. Terrific work, Rodden. We're off tomorrow. We'll see Friday at Sketchers right on, right on,