Speaker 1: What is going on? Clippers fans, Welcome to the most important speech you will watch today, April first, twenty twenty six. I am Chuck Mockler. Will and Adam are unavoidably detained. I do know where they are, but I will not be telling you. So we're just doing a quick live episode today. It is just me, possibly Joseph I Award hopping on, but we are Clips and Dip. Thank you for hanging out. If you're listening to the audio version of this after I've put it out and you missed the video, you can always find us at YouTube dot com slash at Clippers podcasts. And I am doing this pod today mostly just because yesterday was so frustrating. I do want to open this by saying that going twelve and six over March was incredible. I had them going ten and eight. There were some highs, obviously with the Knicks and the Wolves wins. There were some streaks in there. The Pels back to back sucked, But again, twelve and six over March is fantastic. What's up? Punk's gone wrong? Yes? I don't know if that game was heartbreaking so much it was frustrating, because that's how I felt watching the game. Will and I were watching the game. It was incredibly just not fun. I was trying to pick out my least favorite part of last night and someone in the chat is already asking about the offensive rebounds. Yes, dj D Flow, I think we might be the worst defensive rebounding team. They had literally the worst. They gave up the second most second chance points the Clippers have given up in the play by play era. They gave up thirty two second chance points, which is insane. It's crazy. We talked about it on the preview about how Portland is a really good offensive rebounding team. I'm going to talk about the Spurs and a few We were also a good offensive rebounding team. But that's incredibly frustrating. It was rage bait. Losing out on that many rebounds is rage bait exactly. Not having Isaiah Jackson is a killer. He's out again for the Spurs game, which is unfortunate. The rebounding was very frustrating. Kawhi's risk situation is very frustrating. Heard it and a fall against the Raptors. He's fighting through it. His risk got hit a few times and I'm I don't no part of me believes that the Blazers were trying to injure Kawi on purpose at all. It's just the nature of the game which sucks. Oh, Alex Webb nice Alex got to meet at him yesterday. Hell yeah, that makes sense. It was the highlight strictly because the game was so bad. Alan's saying, if this is how they perform in big moments, it's an I mean, part of it was being exhausted, right, it was eighteen teams or it was eighteen games. Zorro saying we were two steps behind. Went on defense, Yes, and now we are welcoming to the show. Joseph Fry Award. Joseph, first of all, thank you for hopping on. It's gonna be a quick worse. And I am being a little negative because I'm gonna put it in the chat. Last night was rage bait. The whole missing out on defensive rebounds is rage bait. Kawhi being having the rist his rage bait. One bench guy showing up offensively is frustrating. Drew Holiday Adam wanted me to remind you that you may have mentioned something about Drew Holliday being washed.
Speaker 2: I didn't say that that was you. I agreed with you there.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Drew was absolutely on fire. There was a stat from Law where he said, in a game decided by ten points, Denny and Drew Holliday outscored Kawhi and Darius Leonard fifty eight forty three.
Speaker 2: It was an embarrassment. Like I've been kind of stewing on it all day.
Speaker 1: Dude, that's exactly the word. Like no one at work watches anything. So I was just like sitting there losing my mind on this outline by myself.
Speaker 2: It's not just mad, just remembering all of the shitty things that happened. M No, that's not what happened. Bone saw twenty eight. Don't don't start with the fake news. Okay, that's not nice. That's not nice. Shock, what what you did to me? No? I you know, I'm trying to be rational about it and like not throw the baby out with the bathwater. Right the eighteenth game in March. Whatever, they're tired, maybe I don't care. But the whole time I was walking it, I think I pinpointed why I was so mad. It reminded me of the two to one.
Speaker 1: Three Clippers not showing up in an important game.
Speaker 2: Just like like loafing and and not doing all of it. There was no school, there was no effort.
Speaker 1: It was it's a younger team that they're playing. Yes, that was on very clearly on display, I think in terms of the like snappiness of the effort, and it was.
Speaker 2: Like from the jump, the Blazers very clearly. My daughter's trying to get in on the pod, she's got some thoughts too, but I think it was very very clear that the Blazers wanted to win the game, and yeah, see that's how I felt. And then it was very very clear that the Clippers just were like, Okay, I guess they really want to win this one. And there wasn't ever a match of the energy other than when Brook Lopez went to the floor that one time, Like there was a very brief moment where there was some energy, but then after that it just totally disappeared.
Speaker 1: The rotations were super weird, Brooke taking the third most field goals. Still, yeah, there's a lot. This is the dichotomy of Clippers podcasting right here, Tyler. You took because the small ball lineup was rough. Yes, it was an eight man rotation, which I was surprised by. Yeah, I was surprised that the team played four meaningful minutes, but he acknowledged. He was like, we're not very good at it. We haven't done it all season long. Hey, accurate.
Speaker 2: Mm hmm, it's true. But to me, like the lineups, whatever, it just kind of came down to they didn't try hard enough. Like there just wasn't enough effort collectively. My daughter is yelling at me, but there just wasn't enough effort collectively. And you can kind of chalk some of it up to like hot shoot. I mean some of the shots that the Blazers were hitting was like, well about that.
Speaker 1: But they still only shot from free Like it's not like they like lit us up.
Speaker 2: Yeah. And I think another piece of it is too, like there.
Speaker 3: Were a lot of really weird bounces, like a ball would hit a guy's hand and then would bounce off five other guys, and it just I think all of that is to say, that's not an excuse and it's not like, oh, we can just chop it up to variants.
Speaker 2: It felt like the Clippers allowed themselves to get defeated by those things.
Speaker 1: Dude.
Speaker 2: By the end of the game, they were complaining to the refs, they were slumping their shoulders and they just.
Speaker 1: Got the tack. I was like, all right, like you're getting the tech off the bench like this, that's that's that's showing that you're frustrated. I'm not like, yeah, man, some of those some of those turnovers in transition was like stuff that we haven't seen in a long time, like one like this was.
Speaker 2: Up.
Speaker 1: This is how much I stewed about it. Other than his first game as a Clipper, this is the only other time Darius Garlan has had a negative assist to turnover Roustio. Yeah, and like bad luck. That's just crazy.
Speaker 2: Yeah it again. They could win the rest of their game somehow, and like we wipe this away right, nobody remembers. And so I'm hoping that they end on a good run and we don't fall back. But to see them not show up in a game that was big just frustrates me. After all of the like, okay, we turned it around from six to twenty one, we're gonna be over five hundred. Maybe this team has a puncher's chance. And last night it was really hard not to think like, oh, this team just isn't very good.
Speaker 1: Well, they just look they looked tired, That was my biggest thing because it was like, again, we're we're in another scenario where it's two weeks before the playoffs, but the Clippers have to play playoff level basketball. Yeah, and we got to play him again. We're a half game up. Yeah, if they win on the tenth, the second to last game will be tied up rex season wise, and then it goes to division record where the Clippers are eight and six and the Blazers are seven and eight as of right now, what is play that we get to play the Kings, So like we're probably getting to ten and six for division. I think we're fine.
Speaker 2: What most frustrates me is like this was, as we talked about the last time I was on, like this was the Handle of your Business game. Yeah, right, come in handle your business at home, and now you don't have to work, like you can kind of get maybe get a little rest, maybe you can try to like.
Speaker 1: You don't have to worry as much about maybe being in the extra planet game. Right, Just huge, Yeah, and this.
Speaker 2: Team can't afford if they even want to make it a series, not even like oh they're gonna win against either of the top two, but like if they even want to make it a series.
Speaker 1: Put in some good reps.
Speaker 2: Yeah, right, also the double and Denny King. I don't know if I trust this team in rotation behind a double, and it's been the plague of a Tylo team for the last what five years, So yeah, I don't know. This is just I would really it struck a nerve with me because it just feels.
Speaker 4: Like, again, we have this Laisy Fair attitude when we don't we don't have.
Speaker 2: Anything to back up, like warranting that like Ylou hasn't won a playoff series since twenty twenty one.
Speaker 1: Sure, there's been some extenuating factors there.
Speaker 2: But also, oh, we just got to get healthy. Well we got healthy, and you were in Beverly Hills saying everything's fine, and.
Speaker 1: We wait Beverly Hill.
Speaker 2: I'm saying, like we I think I'm just tradered. It's really what I'm trying to say.
Speaker 1: It was a frustrating game.
Speaker 2: I didn't that's it.
Speaker 1: No, because it's hard to not go incredibly negative when you do see all of the things that are frustrating about this team happened over a forty eight minutes.
Speaker 2: It's a trauma response for what we've watched the rebounding the team.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the rebounding issues, the weird turn they only had fourteen turnovers. They tied in turnovers, but it felt like it was.
Speaker 2: It'selt like they had five hundred.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Math didn't show up. Math was rough last night. Yeah, he couldn't get to the line. And if he doesn't have it shooting, he kind of gets the tunnel vision and if he's not getting the line, that's how you only get twenty two minutes in math. Like, I was surprised that the rotation was so short. I thought Batom would have gotten more time, like yeah, or Kobe.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's that's where I'm at at this point. Like, if you're not gonna play Buttomb for whatever reason, right right right, try Kobe saying we don't have enough shooting, and you correct.
Speaker 1: And if you're bad at small ball five because you haven't played it all year, try it. We'll probably see it tomorrow. A little more time with Batoomb as that small ball five a guy who's very level at playing it, and that is good for this team. You're not a guy you're not having Like Collins is good too, but like he's kind of been in between. He shot great obviously we needed he played well last night, but it was just like the bench not showing up killed me. Man, Like other than Jordan Miller, no one else two buckets.
Speaker 2: Everything felt like it was here last night. Yea, everything felt like it was here, Like it wasn't necessarily like a fatigue thing or whatever. Sometimes you know, physical fatigue at least some mental fatigue. But everything felt like they lost up here. I don't think they expected the Blazers to punch them in the mouth, which I think they expected to come out, and just like.
Speaker 1: Because they were, they were down guys. That's the other frustrating. Yeah, Jeremy Grant didn't play like Shuddon Sharp was out. He's been out. But it's just like and man missing Isaiah Jackson.
Speaker 2: It's rough, it's rough.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and again he's out. Yeah, I don't know that. It was just a very frustrating and I set it off top before you got on. I was like, twelve and six over March is great. That was incredible, Like, hats off to them. I had them at ten and eight. Yeah, but like, hey, some horrible things happened, some good things happen, and we got through the month. But we don't get a break, right, We're going straight. We're going straight into playing the Spurs, who thankfully are playing tonight, so we do get them. Hopefully they beat the Warriors and they have to work so hard at that that they're time that they're so sleepy. Forget that they beat us on the second night of a back to back, already, get that out of your brain. As of this recording, they've won nine in a row. They beat us twice last month, and they've only lost two times since the All Star break.
Speaker 2: So cool. I mean, they're gonna get to ten and then that.
Speaker 1: This is the first time we've had our main guys healthy for a Spurs game, first time Garland Kawhi get to go up against the Spurs, and.
Speaker 2: Like you would hope, I really, I really do feel like you would hope they're going to show up tomorrow. Sure would hope that yesterday.
Speaker 1: I think they're frustrated. Man. I thought of this is sorry, this is such a hard pivot, but I almost wanted to name this stream Trump e rob speech, just to see what how many like what seo wise that would do for the numbers. But then I thought we might just get the channel nuked. So I didn't. Sorry hard pivot, but it's okay. It was. It was cracking me up earlier thinking about that. But again, the rotation without Isaiah Jackson, who is going to be reevaluated over the next few days. We don't really know when he's coming back. I have to assume Batoum and Kobe play.
Speaker 2: More tomorrow, we would hope.
Speaker 1: So, I mean, I think the Clippers will more likely than not lose tomorrow.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I want them.
Speaker 1: They're playing again, They're playing against the best team in basketball right now. It's not an on the Clippers. They're running into a team that they might see in the playoffs depending how one and two go. But like they're they're playing a buzz saw right now.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: But I just just good reps. Have some good reps out there. Yeah, start professionally.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think we're at the point where Tie is like, oh, I gotta get ready for the play in playoffs, and so we will see rotations shortened in terms of like, oh, these are the guys I'm going to play.
Speaker 1: I need to see what I have and Kobe are out again because Batom before it became we're done with this, We're waving the white flag. But you played four minutes like it was early that I'm getting the nod.
Speaker 2: I don't think Tye trusts Nigo the way that he did anymore.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think that's a fair thing to think.
Speaker 2: Which is also somewhat moarrented. Right, he's pretty old at this point, Like it's not nigl Ba to him of five years ago.
Speaker 1: Right, we're trying to get on the stream too, say what's up.
Speaker 2: Yeah, dude, all of our babies are just trying to get on the stream. But I do think that kind of hinders, which also I think frustrates us, right, Like we want to see the to him because we trust him. But I do think that there is some merit to Yeah, I don't think I can write him as hard anymore.
Speaker 1: Right, he's a vet. He needs he's to take games off for rest. I get that someone brought up you talked about how we don't have shooters, and someone brought up Jordan Miller can't not being able to shoot it through to save his life. Funnily enough, he did shoot two for three yeah last night, but he doesn't take three ease is the issue, and I think that is going to be more apparent in the playoffs. When teams don't respect him as much. Mone Like, that's what's tough about Miller, His inside the his offensive game, inside the three point line. I love it. Yeah, it has to be so annoying to play against.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean he travels on every possession and it doesn't get all So.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's great, we love but behind the arc, that's where the issue is. Like, but I don't know, we have they got to play the biggest thing I'm looking for is Kobe in between playing more and Garland asserting himself more, make everyone else play around you. If you're Darius Garland.
Speaker 5: I'm I'm curious how we approach tomorrow because I do think if we if we see the Spurs, really our only pathway to even getting a couple of games is if we spam the three point line.
Speaker 2: That's my feelings.
Speaker 1: Like, yeah, so I was looking at some offensive rebounding numbers for the Spurs. Yeah, over the last ten games. What do you think? So out of the five pillars of rebounding stats for this show, which is offensive rebounds per game, offensive rebound percentage, defensive rebounds per game, and defensive rebound percentage and then just rebound percentage, what do you think the lowest rank over the last ten games is for the Spurs in one of those categories? What do you think they're the what number do you think they're at?
Speaker 2: Do you want me to play this game appropriately or inappropriately? Because I want to know what answer you?
Speaker 1: Whoever? You want?
Speaker 2: Seven?
Speaker 1: Nope, their worst ranking is fifth in offensive rebound percentage.
Speaker 2: That's crazy.
Speaker 1: Yes, they're first in defensive rebound percentage, rebound percentage, defensive rebounds per game third, and offensive rebounds per game fifth and offensive rebound percentage over the last ten games. This what's difficult is we are cut. We are possibly in store for a more supercharged version of what we saw last night right on the glass. I'm not saying they're gonna score thirty two second chance points. I'm just saying the onslaught in the activity of the Spurs is even more so than the Blazers, which is a little worrisome.
Speaker 6: Right yeah, I mean it's not having a positive rebounding big In Brook Lopez is a problem.
Speaker 2: Not that he's a bad presence on the boards.
Speaker 1: Everybody walks about how good of a boxer outer he is, which he is, but that box that means our forward's gotta work that much more. Like that means Kawhi has to do that much more.
Speaker 2: I will say I had been super impressed with Derek Jones Junior and his increased rebounding effort. Man, but last night was not a good night for our boy.
Speaker 1: No, it was not a good night, don't I talked about a little bit. But like the shot distribution needs to be better against the Spurs. Yeah, I'm obviously Kawhi and Garland one and two right there. Number three should like probably be like Ben matherin Don Collins, anybody other than brook Brook Lopus should not take the third most field goal attempts. Yeah, in the game, I'm not saying don't take any, but if he is, he was like tied with Garland, I think or Kawhi with attempts last night.
Speaker 2: To me, last night that spoke more to the struggles that Garland and Kawhi had. I think just getting anything going than it did any functional issue with the offense. But I do think last night it was just it feels like an alarm bell and I don't want it to be. I want it to be a blip and not like a harbinger of what's.
Speaker 1: To come yeah, I'm yeah. I'm hoping it's a blip too. It's it sucks that they have to play the Spurs right after that particular loss, correct, because that is going to be dom dot normal saying Brooks should be like fifth or six in attempts. Absolutely if that, and at that point you're like you're taking ten a game or something, you know what I mean, Like yeah, great, like, but this is the rotation crunch issue, right, It's the issue with having apparently eight guys right, how that rotation went last night that can play. I just hope we don't get murdered on the glass. Garland will be better in terms of assist to turnover ratio. I hope Kawai is okay, and we need we need Math to.
Speaker 2: Be better to be not diabolically bad man.
Speaker 1: He had six assists the other day and I was like, holy shit, Like, I hope this is something they can open up and build on.
Speaker 2: It's funny, you know, Lucas and I were talking about this actually the other day for the unoficiated Lucas Lucas Pam I believe is how he pounses it. It's very clear when you watch him on a possession. You can tell is he going to pass or is he going to shoot?
Speaker 1: The answer is both often shoot.
Speaker 7: And it's so funny because when he passes, he's a really good pass like he has the skill set. Yes, yeah, And so I just think it's so funny that like he gets this tunnel vision into one or the other, and it's like, dude, if you just blended the two, you're such a good passer, you could be so much better than you are right now.
Speaker 1: And I think like him being because he kind of has the Terrence Man thing where you can see that you can see the gears turning gears, and I think that guys just not being together and just being off yea, is it is helps him get into that mode, which is unfortunate.
Speaker 2: Yeah, no, I feel that, and like I think we talked about it the last for one of the times I was on. But I definitely now see both sides, right. I see the side that I saw, which is this is a really good player who has a lot of really good raw talent.
Speaker 1: And I think should be on the team next year.
Speaker 2: For sure. I want to keep him. But I also see the pacer side of I'm not giving you twenty five to thirty million.
Speaker 1: I had a thought and for the people who watch this show, who have followed then Mathern from the Pacers to hear, thank you so much. And I what I'm about to say is not going to sound as harsh as I think it does. In my head right now, it feels like he is how can I put this? Kuminga seems like a poor man's Ben Mathern. Yes, that is what I That is how I feel. That's not a knock on Ben Mathern. It's a little in between start and bench for which also I don't think matters as much because if you're in the finishing lineups, that's just that's infinitely just as important. So I think that Again, that's not to say I think he should be on the team next year. I think the Clipper would be smart to re sign Ben, but it's just one of those things. There is a where does it fit fit to figure out.
Speaker 2: I think the best comp for him in terms of like Clippers is Norm m Yeah. Really really view it at six man, probably overqualified for six man, but long term starter unless the deficiencies change.
Speaker 1: Which they still can't. He is very yes, and he likes being on this team, and he likes playing with Kawhi, which I like, he's in a position to become a legitimate starter.
Speaker 2: Correct And and I honestly like, obviously I hope he becomes that selfishly, but I also think for him it would be so good to even if it's not just for this year, like next year, come in with a renewed focus, kind of like Norm did that first year he was just start and just being able to be like, Okay, I now know exactly who I am.
Speaker 1: Yes, and he can do it again. Yes, Okay, one thing the Clipper before you before we get out of here. One thing you think the Clippers absolutely need to do to get a win tomorrow, and your player of the game before I bring up one subject if you do have time.
Speaker 2: Okay, So what I think they need to do is bomb away. I know Ty, like why I I I know Ty likes to keep things close through his chest. But my game plan for hey, let's beat the Spurs is shoot as many threes as we can because they know, yeah, yeah, just shoot fifty threes. I don't care, right, But also I would funnel every Spurs offensive possession to Wemby when he's on the floor. I want you. I want him to work as hard as he can. He can score fit. It's like the Luca principle for me. You can score fifty, that's cool. I just don't want you to have tennisists, right. I want you to tire yourself out. I want you to only be able to play twenty eight to thirty minutes. I want to make sure that my game plan is centered around you are not going to be on the floor as much as your team wants you to be on the floor. We've already seen Wemby tire out, wear down. We know that he's coming back from stuff, and so my game plan would be making workers hard as possible. Funnel him the ball, play really physical. You've got a lot of fouls to play with. Just like really allow him to take the brunt of the offense and on the other side, just fucking shoot it as many times as you can.
Speaker 1: And who's your player of the game.
Speaker 2: I think we see Darius Garland show up.
Speaker 1: Tomorrow on this show. You can't pick Darius Garner if they play well, obviously.
Speaker 2: I think we see John Collins build on his performance and score over twenty points.
Speaker 1: To Oh shit, all right, I like that Yeah, I'm gonna say, just don't get murdered on the glass. Yes, just don't get massacred on the glass. I'm not saying I would love to win the boards. Right, Let's not give up twenty second chance points. Don't let weby get the double double or at least the Hardy double double. Right, And then player of the game. I'm gonna go. I picked Lopez for yesterday's game, which I'm proud of you. He went two for seven from three. I'm gonna go. I'm going math dude. I think Mathrine, we're gonna see him. This is a when I have a bad game, I come out swinging and they connect.
Speaker 2: That's what I'm I just want to talk to him really quick.
Speaker 1: Ben da good watcher and listener of clips and day.
Speaker 2: At Ben Mathron, you should be embarrassed by your effort yesterday. Oh whoa, You should be embarrassed, and I challenge you to play a better game tomorrow and lift the Clippers to victory. That's what I do right now.
Speaker 1: The way this season is gone. This might get clipped and shown to Ben Mathron and then he's gonna put up thirty five points, and.
Speaker 2: I fucking hope so because you know what makes me most mad about March is we had a fifteen and three opportunity and we could have had Flamming to tweet again.
Speaker 1: I don't think flam was going to eat the tweeting again.
Speaker 2: He is a man of his word. Don't ever disrespectfulm like that.
Speaker 1: That's not what I'm saying at all. I just don't think all right, one last thing, the Pat Bev podcast grift is annoying. I'm just it's just like, dude, we get it. You're an ex player and now you're saying that James Harden's better than Dwayne Wade for some reason. And I can tell you can tell that it's you can tell that he doesn't give a shit about this. It just feels like such an end of the cycle. Can we please stop this because it's so obvious. It's just like, dude, we get it. Like I'm tired of it, and I bove that Pat Bev is doing it.
Speaker 2: To be honest, I I loved Pat Bev with all of my heart for very long time.
Speaker 1: Yes, he's responsible for one of the greatest clippers pictures of all.
Speaker 2: Time and one of the greatest clippers moments of all time, which was him shoving Chris Paul in the back in the Western Conference Finals the greatest.
Speaker 1: Oh that was.
Speaker 2: But as someone who hated Chris Paul, I mean that's but uh yeah, it's the state of media not to be we're non journalists.
Speaker 1: We're not at all. But I have to be subjected to Pat Bev's takes hit in the face.
Speaker 2: It's bad right now. That's all I gotta say, is like, I don't think there's a lot of and he's like I'm just chalking.
Speaker 1: Like he had some tweet where he was like all these old men talking to Da Dada day and you're like, you're thirty seven old. And it's also like people are like thirty three. It's also like I actually think James Harden is a.
Speaker 8: Great yeah fit, wonderful, Yeah good, Like I don't that shouldn't grossome like you if you want to go argue with Pat bab about it, go for But it's like it's just useless.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's it's.
Speaker 1: Say they love the game and then like do ship like this. I'm like this makes the game worse.
Speaker 2: It's it's hard, it's hard. It's it's really hard. Especially I think basketball has a has an identity crisis right now. In terms of media, I think I think some of what new like mediaites partners have been doing is really good, trying to bring the love back to the game. But I do think that we have strayed too far from like really what makes basketball great and a lot of social media at this point. Part of the reason why I'm off has been come purely based on what is going to get the most engagement exactly.
Speaker 1: That's what gets me is I'm like, all right, like when yeah, it's just frustrating, man, Like.
Speaker 2: If you believed it, cool, great, awesome, Let's have.
Speaker 1: The transparently are just saying ship yeah, justify the eight dollars a month or whatever. Anyway, I just had thank you for letting the event about that. Pat Bev hit dom dot Normals Live.
Speaker 2: You're a good listener of the show.
Speaker 1: Yeah he might. He's not doing much else well other than some certain things. All right, that wraps it up. I'm We're gonna do a Happy Hour stream on Friday, Joseph're obviously you're welcome to gum.
Speaker 2: When when am I officially a member of Clips and Dip? That's well, man, how many episodes in a week. Do I have to get on there?
Speaker 1: Well, we usually do too. So once you make a dip for an off season episode, because we do dips in the office, why we're gonna do a Friday night happy hour five point thirty. Uh, bring some drinks, it should be a good time. I also am plugging because someone actually did this. Oh, we're gonna do a full episode on Monday to talk the MAVs. Okay, see back to back. So we got some good stuff coming for y'all if we mentioned this on the last episode. If you write a five hundred word no AI essay on the Clippers twenty five twenty sixth season, you will get a prize from the Rising Tides collection, which is a bunch of random stuff that we have that we got sent to us, which includes four Norm Powell playoff shirts, two inaugural game compasses, two Clippers basketball shoe bags, one Clippers lunch pail, and one into it nomhat right NASA. Send it to Shavings dot Podcast at gmail dot com. I will read it because we already got one and it's amazing. I will read it and you will get a prize, and we'll make all of them public at the end of the year.
Speaker 2: Can I say something to I gave you your your soapbox. Can I can I take the soapbox for a second?
Speaker 7: Okay, Okay, So here's the deal.
Speaker 1: If use the ship talk on the essay thing, I'm actually gonna cut your mic off.
Speaker 2: No, no, no, it's you. You put out the rules. The essay thing is fantastic. So let me let me maybe modify. Yeah, no one else right, so that dom can.
Speaker 1: We're not sending all of those things to one person.
Speaker 2: I am sending all of those.
Speaker 1: So here's the thing to send. So we have one essay already, and then we will randomly select stuff for the other nine that we get.
Speaker 2: I will modify my approach here we want to hear as a member of CLIPS and did your voice okay. Something that has bothered me, hold on. Something that has bothered me for a long time is the use of AI to make everyone sound homogeneous, or to pretend like.
Speaker 1: They sound like we're doing no AI. Yeah, like I checked this multiple my soapbox is you got seconds.
Speaker 9: I don't care how grammatically correct you are. I don't care how like. What you're great in English was be strong in your voice, because.
Speaker 2: Making it to where you are presenting something that isn't you is actually robbing you of an opportunity to express yourself appropriately. I feel very passionate about this, As I tell you, I got a huge thing at worked today about AI. Do not use it to mask yourself. If you want to use AI to like learn things, or to synthesize data or do all that, that's fine whatever. I don't care. But when it comes to writing, be you, because what we all want is to hear what you have to say.
Speaker 1: Especially about the Clippers twenty five to twenty sixth season. It's been insane, very weird. I'm going to read an excerpt from the essay that we got, and then we're going to send everyone on their way to be stressed out about the game tomorrow. This excerpt is wonderful. Da da da da data. This was right after the team was six and twenty one. Tyler went to the podium and laid out the goal for the rest of the season, thirty five and twenty. The NBA community collectively laughed. A six and twenty one team going thirty five and twenty to close the season had never happened before. It would be quite literally historic that same night, a gentleman with the Twitter handle of rich Homie Flom would etch his name in the laurels of Clippers history. If they go fifteen to three in any stretch this season, I will print and eat this tweet. A couple beers in after watching another Clipper victory, I toy with the idea of getting this tattooed. Little did mister rich HOLMEI know, but this tweet would become the battle cry for the biggest turnaround in NBA history. Send us that kind of stuff, maybees one hundred words at least, and you will get a gift from the Rising Tides collection. Thank you for everyone for hanging out. Here's to a win tomorrow. Yeah, a strong performance tomorrow at the very Yeah, Joseph I thank you for coming on, and we will be back on Friday at five point thirty. Bring your drinks because I have this feeling we're gonna need them. If you're listening to this recording because you missed it, check us out on YouTube at YouTube dot com. Sat Clippers Podcast. Thank you for looking at my kitchen. If you watch the stream, this is Kitchen Hour with with Joseph and Chuck.
Speaker 2: Evidently we have time these perfectly. I am finished with the meal, by the way I go.
Speaker 1: You can send your essay to Shavings dot Podcast at gmail dot com and I will read it and make Adam and we'll read it as well. All right, have a good night everybody, and as always, let's go close.
Speaker 2: Miss you guys.