Speaker 1: And one of the other guests that we brought to bring some of their food are the folks from Joselito's and Tunga and we've got tomorrow and Jose, you look like a regular size Jose. You don't look like a little Jose all right, So thank you guys for coming as well. Pop those mics on there if you will, and Bob, we can get Mike Bob's mic on there.
Speaker 2: You go.
Speaker 3: Look at that. He's attack. He knows what he's doing. So, Bob, how did you find Joselito?
Speaker 2: And I've lived in Tehanga for thirty three years and started looking at some restaurants and I found one very close to my house that had a live iguana in the corner of the dining room.
Speaker 3: Was that a specific need of yours to have?
Speaker 2: The restaurant's name was Iguana, Yeah, oh wow, yes, And I was fascinated. Caun. I stop in there for lunch and I go stair at the iguana for a while and decide, you know, what I'm going to have. But immediately it had a nice feeling place. There's there's like a Mexican restaurant that's not modern, but it's got a lot of do dads hanging on the walls and the ceilings. It's like a mom and pop somebody's kitchen or expanded enough with stuff. Oh it's a restaurant now, rather than say design a restaurant and then make it, gotcha really really modern. So this was a comfortable place I could go and oh it fit was pretty good in here, and then the food was very good. And then the people, the way they served and the way they treated you was really nice. So after three years, I went in there one day and the iguana's gone and it was a new new place. Host Alito's first question, I said, did you did you cook me guana? Because the.
Speaker 3: Quana, the chips, you've got it. Yeah.
Speaker 2: So it changed and it continued and it continues to this day.
Speaker 3: So that's a.
Speaker 2: Long time to be going to one restaurant. I think I probably outlived most of the staff been there all these years. And they change the menu once in a while a little bit. And the type of menu that they have now, it's got a real pretty looking it's on the internet. You go there and you can just scroll through the whole thing and you see pictures and very good description and the prices are very very nice. One of my favorites is this chicken caesar salad because it got certain features I like. But as a big salad for sixteen dollars, oh wow, I have never been able to finish it. Okay, it's that generous. So sometimes I hate. I hate to tell her that it usually is guaranteed two meals, but occasionally I guess we do a lot of talk and I don't eat that much of it, so it goes home in the box, and then I got two more meals out of it, So I thought, you didn't know that that's a three meal.
Speaker 3: So that's a great compliment.
Speaker 1: I got to imagine to have someone like Bob come in and enjoy food at your place.
Speaker 4: It's the highest honor just knowing Bob, and he can go anywhere and eat anything, and he chooses to come to Hose Alitos, and everybody enjoys and loves seeing Bob when he comes in, and it's just.
Speaker 5: And we love having regulars. We have lots of regulars come in all the time, some four or five times a week.
Speaker 1: That's got to be I mean, really more than anything else. To have regulars, to me, is a sign of everything that Bob described, from the atmosphere to the service, to the food itself and the prices.
Speaker 3: To keep them low or as you know right now, is not easy.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it's really tough. Things are going really high. They're getting very expensive, but we don't want to pass it on to the customers as long as we can.
Speaker 1: A lot of avocados and Mexican food. Yes, so that's going to be an interesting time coming up. What are some of the things that you have in front of us today?
Speaker 5: So we brought some things that tacolito we've had since nineteen seventy seven when my parents first opened the restaurant. It's a giant taco there.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you named it wrong, that's huge taco soon. Yes, sure.
Speaker 5: We also brought one of our new specials at the Chiliriano can Cambrones. We also have a Mexican pokey there which is a favorite of a lot of customers. And we brought some atros.
Speaker 1: Wow, Okay, we come back. We'll try some of this talk more. I appreciate you guys coming out to celebrate Bob today. I'm thrilled that he has that food is such a part of his day to day and that he loves food and that he's a regular. We thought it'd be a fun way to celebrate Bob Gerr Living by Design, the documentary coming out this month, which we were I promise we'll give you more information on.
Speaker 3: What's a website by the way, they can find that Ernie Alex dot com.
Speaker 1: The Alex dot com and that's for the Glendale opening night, The Alex dot com. To find out more Bob ger Living by Design? What is that the twenties April twenty sixth. I'm going to be out there very much, looking forward to it, and we'll tell you more about that coming up.
Speaker 3: So go nowhere. It's a Fork Report