Speaker 1: Well, this pregame interview is going to cost me a lot, maybe even a fantasy football player, because Gavin Stone is in the same fantasy football league as yours. Truly, Gavin thanks a lot for the time, even after a tough loss in fantasy this week.
Speaker 2: Yeah one got me.
Speaker 3: Did you win?
Speaker 1: I did win? I beat Adrian Gonzalez.
Speaker 3: Kind of.
Speaker 2: Catches that last ball right there, then I'll win. But one one pulled it out.
Speaker 1: Broke a lot of hearts last night.
Speaker 3: A lot of hearts, a lot of hearts.
Speaker 1: So what do you think about my team? Do you feel like, uh, you might be crawling back for some players on old Vassay's team.
Speaker 2: No, your team is pretty trash.
Speaker 1: I like to call it with a lot of death. That's a lot of death. You say trash, I say stacked.
Speaker 3: One man's trash is another man's treasure.
Speaker 1: Damn right. Gavin Stone is our guest. As the Dodgers and Marlins are getting set for first pitch, all right, fans want to know how Gavin Stone is feeling, How is the shoulder feeling, and do you feel like you're close to giving this a try?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 2: I think that the plan is to throw at some point later this week, you know, just trying to get that inflemation to go down a little bit, take the pain out of the back of the shoulder. But you know, it feels a lot better, It feels stronger in a lot of positions, and so hopefully you know, whenever I start throwing again, there's no pain.
Speaker 1: So is that really the biggest check? You might be throwing from sixty feet and figure out where you're gonna go from there.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean, as long as there's no pain that I'm gonna throw. So that's really the only issue is just cleaning that up in the back of the shoulder and then seeing where that is right now. I really don't have many answers right now, but hopefully, like whenever I start throwing, there's no pain.
Speaker 1: You've been so dependable this entire year, more starts, more innings than any other picture on the staff. How have you dealt with being on the I l.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's tough.
Speaker 2: It's tough watching and then not know or knowing that you're not gonna get to get a chance to go out there relatively soon. I was talking to NAC earlier, I was like, being on the isle, I have no idea what day it is anymore, just because I was so he used to knowing what day I pitched and then basically in the.
Speaker 3: Week off that. But yeah, it's stuff.
Speaker 2: It's tough watching, but you know, these guys are really good, so it makes it even more enjoyable.
Speaker 1: How have you been able to cope with all that? What are you doing during games? What are you doing during your off time to keep your mental health in a good spot.
Speaker 2: Just trying to stay positive. That's the biggest thing, is just being positive, being positive for our guys. You know, we're we're in a close race right now, so that's the biggest thing, is just you know, trying to stay upbeat.
Speaker 1: You're a good buddy and roommate Bobby Miller is on the mound tonight. What does he need to do to kind of get back to the Bobby that we know he can be.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think it's just you know, throwing his aw speed for strikes and getting ahead and counts.
Speaker 3: That's really it.
Speaker 2: You know, he looks more comfortable up there. I think it's just you know, just getting ahead of hitters and then sequencing, right, That's pretty much it. But you know he's gonna pull through. I have a lot of confidence on what he's able to do.
Speaker 1: How much do you guys talk about pitching even at this stage with you not being out there? Does he lean on you? Do you lean on him?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 2: I mean, and we don't really even talk a lot about pitching. I think it's more about mentality more than anything, because I mean, Bobby's so good and and I mean, if you just clean up the mentality then then he'll he'll show it for sure. But yeah, we don't relatively talk a lot about pitching wise, just like you know, the mentality part of it.
Speaker 1: The two most overlooked young pitchers that have come up the last two years in my mind are yourself and Land and Knack. Why were you guys not as talked about as some of these other pictures that are really good as well?
Speaker 2: I mean, I think that's just because we have a ton of guys in the minor leagues that are really good. Like if you look at our our farm system, there's you know, top to bottom pitching wise really good, top to bottom hitting wise really good, and so there's just a lot of prospects you know, that could possibly come up and stuff like that, and so NAC you know, he's he's been a dog all year. He's he's he's pushed there. He's given us some big stars and so for him to come up and down that that role is hard, going up and down and and then coming up and having good starts, and so for him to you know, be able to do that consistently, that's that's pretty big.
Speaker 1: Why has Lindon Knack been so good?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean he throws strikes, he's not scared of hitters, he believes in his stuff. He's really confident. Yeah, and and like I said, he's a dog and he just loves to get people out.
Speaker 1: Sounds like you're describing Gavin Stone.
Speaker 3: I think that's the Dodger mentality.
Speaker 2: Basically, that's how they that's how they brought us up, I guess. But yeah, I mean it's been a lot of fun to come up with those two guys.
Speaker 1: Gavin Stone is our guest, wearing his Clayton Kershaw Rot to Wear T shirt.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 1: Kershaw said a lot of great things about you, Gavin Stone. What's the relationship like between you and a future Hall of Famer? Now?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I feel like, you know, we've gotten a lot closer this year, just picking his brain, messing with him. He's really a real laid back guy, just I mean, kind of like me, and so we meshed well together.
Speaker 3: We talk a lot.
Speaker 2: He's just a good, good got to surround yourself with, and good family man, good great dude off the field on the field, and he's a good friend too, So you know, being able to like lean on him and and just kind of like put my trust in him has been huge.
Speaker 1: Have you heard about his change up envy? Has he expressed that to you?
Speaker 3: Mm hmm a little bit, not a lot?
Speaker 2: Uh, Like I said before, though he doesn't use it a lot, so he doesn't need it.
Speaker 3: He doesn't need just a really good one.
Speaker 2: But I did just imagine if he had just a nasty change up like that, like I know, But no, he doesn't need it.
Speaker 3: He's good enough.
Speaker 1: God doesn't give you everything, Gavin Stone, just like you won't get Blake Korm from me.
Speaker 3: I don't want him anyways.
Speaker 1: Thanks a lot for the time, and we're all pulling for you. You talk about you're describing these other guys as being great people, great family people. That's who Gavin Stone is and certainly La is rooting for the best for you and if you need me to stand in when you play catch that first time, let me know.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'll play catch with you day you can stand in.
Speaker 1: I love it, love it. Thanks a lot for the time, and thank you again for bailing me out one more time this season.
Speaker 3: Anytime, Dave anything for you.