Speaker 1: Welcome to Big for Society. If you have Bigfoot activity to report from the same areas discussed in this episode, please reach out to me directly after this episode. And if you'd like to be on the podcast to discuss a personal Bigfoot encounter, please reach out to me directly at bigfo Society at gmail dot com. Do you wish there was more Big for Society to listen to every week? Well there is now. If you become a supporting member over at Patreon, you get a special members only episode every single week on Wednesdays, and sometimes even more episodes. Head on over to patreon dot com. Forward slash the Big for Society and now let's get on with the show. All right, Big for Society. But the privilege of talking to Steve Sumpter in Tracy Brooks today. Steve is a listener that had reached out with an encounter that he wanted to share, and after I read the email, I reached right back out to Steve and I was like, oh man, yeall we got to talk on the podcast. So thankfully Steve was okay with coming on and brought Tracy along because Tracy's got some interesting things to share as well. We'll be talking about California and Oregon today. So Steve and Tracy, welcome to the show. How are you both doing tonight?
Speaker 2: Very well, really good?
Speaker 1: Thank you awesome. Well, guys, i'd say let's get right into it. Sounds like we've got a lot of ground to cover, so I'm going to go ahead and pass the mic over to you, guys, and we're going to start with the first thing that was experienced. So go ahead, guys. I'll let you take over from here and I'll be listening.
Speaker 2: Okay. Yeah.
Speaker 3: My first encounter happened when I was eighteen years old, and that was in Trucky, California. It's fourteen miles from Lake Tahoe. Well, it was the last day of school and weekend was coming up and me and I call you my little brother, but he was at actually my mom's boyfriend son. He went with me and a friend of mine, Danny, went with us, and we drove from Trucky to Bird Eye, California, and took a dirt road as far as we could possibly drive it until we couldn't drive no more.
Speaker 1: And Steve be there, but in the world just happened. I'm here, Okay, No, that was really weird man. We just had a total audio dropout. Okay, so that's that's no matter.
Speaker 2: I have electronic things happened to me on my phone. Just went.
Speaker 1: Well, well, guys, I'll tell you I have I have stuff happened to me all the time too, So we'll we'll make quite quite the pair tonight of well you too, you wow, yeah, he does. Yeah, all right, Well I know I am.
Speaker 4: I'm kind of a while.
Speaker 1: All right, Well, we're just we're going to try to make this happen. This is gonna be a wild one. Okay. So the last thing I heard, Steve was you and your friends were driving from Trucky to bird Eye I believe.
Speaker 2: Today.
Speaker 3: Yeah, And we just took a dirt road all the way as far as we could go, and we found this meadow. We've we've been driving for this meadow with a fire pit in the middle of it, and we camped there. Well, my friend Danny had those bottle rockets he was talking about, so we decided to shoot him off. And oh man, after about I don't know, twenty minutes after we shot him off, something at the end of this meadow, we heard this screaming and this one I don't know. It's probably about a sixty foot tree started rocking back and forth real fast, and this thing wouldn't stop screaming. I can't describe the scream. It was like a like a loud scream with a growl in it. And also I don't know what it was. It was just weird. But anyway, this thing was pissed and they ran into the car and locked the door and left me out there. So I just went by the campfire and just started huddling next to it. I could hear this thing walking around the whole meadow around our camp. So, needless to say, I didn't get much sleep that night.
Speaker 1: Oh my goodness, let me make sure I get that right. So you hear something scream, they lock you out of the car and you're just pretty much hanging out by the fire while it's like pacing back and.
Speaker 4: Forth and there in the car locked the doors. My goodness wouldn't let me in scared of it anyway. Yeah, I could hear this thing breaking branches and limbs all around us all night long. As that tree was shaking, I could see the sky behind the tree, but I could also see below it a little bit because there was some sort of a moonlight, not a phae moon, but parcel moon. And I could see the silhouette of this thing rock in this.
Speaker 2: Tree back and forth. It was huge and it was standing up. It was not a bear.
Speaker 1: Could you get a feel as to how tall it may have been by the silhouette that you saw?
Speaker 4: Ninety maybe maybe taller, I don't know.
Speaker 2: It was huge.
Speaker 4: And wide.
Speaker 3: You could see the black outline of the body. It was just huge and wide. That screams got me, Yeah, it scared me.
Speaker 1: Could you hear any other sounds that night around you at all?
Speaker 3: Just the breaking of the limbs and the branches and stuff as it was walking around the whole perimeter of the meadow.
Speaker 1: So everything else was pretty quiet.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 2: Then everything was quiet.
Speaker 4: It was really quiet. It did not like those bottle rockets.
Speaker 2: I'm sure.
Speaker 1: So then after so you guys drove out of there, you hauled back home. So did you tell your parents when you got home or how did that go down?
Speaker 4: It didn't go over very well. They all said you guys were drinking and we weren't.
Speaker 2: I still never had anything.
Speaker 4: They did not believe, but we we knew, we knew there was something there nas illucination stunt per very often either.
Speaker 2: No, right, it was just a weird situation.
Speaker 1: Did you ever go back to that area, Steve?
Speaker 4: I did not.
Speaker 3: No, I did not. It didn't want us there. I could feel that, dude. Those bottle rock itself really made it mad.
Speaker 1: Oh, I mean you know that was Yeah, the bottle rockets did not help the situation.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it did not help. No.
Speaker 1: What approximate year was that, Steve?
Speaker 3: That was in nineteen seventy eight.
Speaker 1: I'm thinkingness, wow, yeah, that's that's the year for bigfoot, dude. I mean a lot of Bigfoot activity happened in nineteen seventy eight for some reason.
Speaker 4: I had just turned eighteen.
Speaker 1: Okay, wow, good stuff, good stuff. Okay, So how did that affect your life after you experienced it? Did you did it put you down the road towards Bigfoot or were you kind of like I don't want anything else to do.
Speaker 2: No.
Speaker 3: I was totally interested in it. I wanted to figure out what it was, but there was really not much I could do about it. You know, I didn't want to go back there. That was affluentess to me. But yeah, then after that, I moved to Oregon, I lived there before, but I moved back to Oregon into a in a little town called press And, Oregon. Then I moved to Gilchrist, Oregon. Well, the next encounter happened when I was taking my dog for a while and with my friends right down the street here about a quarter mile and it was right behind a friend of mine's house, Robert, and on blm Land. But he had this trail that he'd walk all the time with his dog, and so we decided to take the dogs for a walk. Well, about halfway through, there's this little area that's open up, and there's a whole bunch of fallen trees where we can sit and just you know, sit on the brook the fallen trees and let the dogs run. Well, I was looking around and there there was some caught my eye. It was these two trees, probably about forty fifty feet high, woven in between two other trees into a big x. The weird thing is that there was still root wads attached to these things and they were still green. And Robert told me that kids did that. He did not do that, and there's no roads back there. I took her to this area and to her little granddaughter, and she saw all this stuff. But when we went back. It was about a year later when I took her back, and that big eggs now looked like a giant I don't know, dream catcher of some sort, because other stuff was put in.
Speaker 2: It was just weird.
Speaker 3: I never saw anything, but I started taking pictures of these things. And but when I got back to my house, I was going through the photos and I there was one in the photo watching us.
Speaker 2: Really yeah, it was an adult one.
Speaker 4: Though it was an adult, it was I think it was watching.
Speaker 2: The little ones.
Speaker 3: I'm not sure because in the photo you could almost see a lower one right below it.
Speaker 4: The little skylight I saw was like a young one.
Speaker 2: I'm servant here because.
Speaker 3: Right afterwards that's when I saw that thing. It was just getting dark, not really dark, but it was dusk, and I saw this thing wobbling by my gate and it was about seven futall in the house of foot, all hunched over, covered in red hair, kind of an orange color, and I ran out there to see what it was. It was gone and there's no work for it to go. I don't know where it went. It just freaked me out. And then your Tracy was there the next day.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so I.
Speaker 4: Took my granddaughter walking up this road, like our little gravel road that we live on. Off of it as a spur road that takes you out to the pipeline, and my granddaughter and I would take walks and go out that way all the time. Well, we got to this clearing where the road forks off, and across that little clearing there was.
Speaker 2: This a sad fuatch.
Speaker 4: Peeking around a tree at us, and I stopped and I was like, skylard, do you see that?
Speaker 2: And she's like what.
Speaker 4: Then I pointed it out to her and it just kept peeking and I was like, do you see that now? She's like yeah, And I said, I think it's.
Speaker 2: Time we go home. So it just turned and came back.
Speaker 4: But later that day I was telling Steve about it, and that's when he told me that the night before he had seen it walk past his gate.
Speaker 2: It was the same one, most likely orange hair.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it was kind of like, yeah, like an ringutane would be colored, only like darker towards the skin, like, but the ends were like orange.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: It was good.
Speaker 2: Though.
Speaker 4: My granddaughter was probably five or six, so that was probably six or seven years I think ago now, But we hear wood knocks and screaming and stuff in here all the time. And there's times I can smell it when I walk out of my door and my dog won't go out, and it's just.
Speaker 2: A horrendous, wretched death smell.
Speaker 4: Well, yeah, I mean I grew up out in the forest, so I kind of know what bears in the different sense of the animals elk steak to during certain times. But I know the steeps of the different critters, and this is like something lovely all of.
Speaker 2: Its own it. I mean, it's just stink. And I've grown up out in the woods. I was, I knew.
Speaker 4: Yeah, if you look Sliss Home up on Google Maps and just start going out from it, all it is is mountains around there, and that's where I grew up, and so yeah, I've been around it.
Speaker 2: I know the smell of it. It'll be close enough.
Speaker 4: I can smell it when I come out my door some nights.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I don't know if they emit that odor, because they can, or if they've been rolling in something.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it probably smells awesome to them.
Speaker 2: Pervien.
Speaker 4: Yeah, like, look I got.
Speaker 1: It, Tracy, How how big would you estimate the sasquatch was that was peaking at you and your granddaughter.
Speaker 4: Well, I was probably, like, I don't know, fifteen twenty yards away. But my guess is because the tree, it was probably the size round of a dinner plate, it's my guess. And its head was at least that big around, and it was probably six seven feet tall off the ground, is my guess.
Speaker 2: D trees.
Speaker 4: Well, and it's peaking around. I mean, I'm just saying probably six seven feet tall, the head peeking out of the tree from behind.
Speaker 2: The tree big.
Speaker 1: So societyho will be right back after these messages.
Speaker 3: Yeah, when I've seen it, it looks to be about six and a half feet tall from where I was sitting, but it was hunched over, so I couldn't tell out seven foot tall.
Speaker 2: I didn't.
Speaker 4: I couldn't tell us like its body posture so much is that it just kept peeking from behind this tree.
Speaker 2: Yet us.
Speaker 4: Hold on to the side of the tree and look. Yeah, well see that's what I mean.
Speaker 2: Though I've been around them all my life, that one place I can't I can hear.
Speaker 4: Once you've seen these things, you're stuck with them.
Speaker 2: Well, and that's not fun.
Speaker 4: Well, look They've given everybody such a fear factor of everything. And they've been here for thousands of years, and people live the thousands of years, you know what I mean, right, But I'm not in that proof, so I get along with them. They come to my camp, this one place out in the middle of nowhere that I go camping all the time, and I can hear them across the creek up this little draw. It's not actual words or anything, but you can hear the boyes and laughing, and I mean it's like a family. They're like a family. They live together as a family unit.
Speaker 1: Like have you heard anything else that comes close to what you hear when you're out there camping?
Speaker 4: Only once in a while, but most of the time when they're in those close to people, they're they're up to something. You know, they're looking for a dog chained up outside, or chickens or or whatever. Yeah, whatever they can grab a hold of easy. They don't usually come in this close, so's noiseless. You hear tree knocks and stuff like close enough you can almost feel it in there.
Speaker 2: But we are pretty rural.
Speaker 1: Steve, I wanted to ask you about something, so first off, your you guys are saying this happened about six to seven years ago, so pretty recent.
Speaker 2: Maybe six years ago, okay. Okay.
Speaker 1: Also, Steve, you're saying you you have a photo that has a bigfoot captured in the photo.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it was watching us and there was none of us smelled anything. The dogs didn't even know.
Speaker 1: Wow.
Speaker 4: So it had to have been up. Send it down behind a little and look like it was. It was underneath this big old arch that had been pulled down. This tree was pulled down into an arch, and it was underneath that.
Speaker 1: Do you still have that?
Speaker 2: I do. I'll send it to you.
Speaker 1: I mean I I was just going to ask if you would be able to I would love to be able to take a look at that. That sounds extremely interesting.
Speaker 3: I'll send you the pictures of the trees that are all bunched and you know, woven into between each other too.
Speaker 1: Okay. And this TV thing, is that something i'd be able to share on like in the YouTube version?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Okay, cool, thank you.
Speaker 2: Yeah, not a problem.
Speaker 4: So you got four or five six? Do you have a picture of the footprint?
Speaker 2: I have to you, No, you.
Speaker 4: Don't have a picture of that's got a blaster cast of.
Speaker 2: One of these things feet and it's huge. Yeah. It was found in the cottage girls late bed.
Speaker 1: Oh and there was like a really.
Speaker 4: Under twenty two footprints in a row or something or cast.
Speaker 1: Do you have part of the track.
Speaker 2: You got? I have one of the footprints.
Speaker 4: My friend was one of the ones that put the plaster in the footprints, and he kept a few of them, and I was lucky enough to get one for Christmas one year. I got a cask of the cast. Jeff Meldrum, the professor Idaho State University, he has most of that trackway.
Speaker 1: I guess, Oh, really are you? Are you friends with Tobe?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay, cool, I am too, so yeah.
Speaker 2: Okay, all right.
Speaker 4: Yeah. I figured like it's not one of those things that too many people actually admit they're into.
Speaker 2: That happens to you.
Speaker 4: You have no choice, actually, him and I want adventuring.
Speaker 1: Oh really, I tried to.
Speaker 4: Take into the track to Canton and he ended up with a flat tire like a half a mile away.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we were just talking about that. We never made it up there.
Speaker 4: But you got to talk to another friend of mine, this elderly lady that uh she took him air and his tire and he got to talk to her for a while or too.
Speaker 2: That she grew up up there.
Speaker 1: That's awesome, Yeah.
Speaker 2: Pretty much. Hitting it the little swimmers and discuss dermal ridges in the sprint. Wow, it's the thing of beauty. Yeah, I keep it in print, wrapped in bubble wrapped. But she's like, I'll take it out and take a picture and.
Speaker 1: That would be awesome. Thank you, take a picture? Sorry? Have you have you shared that that area where you go camping in? Is that a place where where we're sharing where the location is or are we keeping that.
Speaker 2: Private so much? I grew up over in the Deadwood area and it's.
Speaker 4: Up in the mountains from there.
Speaker 1: Okay, got it? Yeah, yeah, so dead with Oregon.
Speaker 4: Like I said, I've been going her and I've seen them walk down the road like above because it's a big meta but and it's along the tree and I can hear them over like this other treek comes down the hill and I can hear her, but at the other voices and laughing and stuff come down that little draw Gods, and I don't want to disturb anything like that, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: He'll go there.
Speaker 4: I don't feel feel any kind of distress or any kind of thing when I go there. I've been going there for years by myself, and like the only encounters I've had are they've been in my camp. I leave stuff out, They've thrown it off, like they know what I can share and they're happy with that I shared. Like that's how I get treated, Like, I don't want to do anything that causes that to be interrupted.
Speaker 1: Absolutely, Gil Christ, So you guys still dealing with things over there in current.
Speaker 2: Day, Oh, we hear things all the time.
Speaker 4: Yeah, well it's only been what I've been home for a week from my mom's Like, uh so within the last week, it was probably one o'clock in the morning because my boyfriend works until two thirty. So I was taking the dog outside and he got almost to the edge of the debt and he wouldn't go any further. And it smelled like a pig had rolled in, vomited and climbed out of the garbage scan it was. It was horrible.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I know that, And that was just within the last week.
Speaker 4: Wow, Oh they're around, this is the time you come back actually, mm hmm.
Speaker 2: Well it's cold.
Speaker 4: They don't have the regular food sources that are usually available.
Speaker 2: You tend to follow the deer around.
Speaker 4: I know that.
Speaker 1: I heard that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, this isn't the time they head over that way, I think. Yeah, the Oak Ridge area is pretty forest prime evil.
Speaker 4: Well, it doesn't get as cold as it doesn't matter either, you know, and they do end up going that way, I'm sure. Well, it's the west side of the mountain too, there's always water.
Speaker 2: Yeah, mm hmm.
Speaker 1: Okay, that's very interesting. So there's always a water source over there. Okay, yeah, well.
Speaker 4: Yeah, your bridge side of the mountains up where it's kind of far between, there's fit to Shoots.
Speaker 2: River and Little the Shoes. Yeah, there's light in Little Off Shoots. Yeah, but it's not like that side of the hill where it's wet.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's It surprised me how close they were to people they get in. I mean they're within walking distance of the neighbors really.
Speaker 2: And here too.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I could think it well outfullly, just hop and skip and jump.
Speaker 2: Right to my house.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, and he has if.
Speaker 3: I heard him around my house going. I know, there's no way that somebody could just walk over the top of my fence. But I heard something do it, and then I heard heard something go law really loud, and it picked me out, so I went in the house.
Speaker 1: Oh man, so it like walked right over your fence. You're saying.
Speaker 3: It stepped right over my fence. The fence is probably about four four and a half, but it just walked right over the top of it. Because I didn't hear no chain rattle or nothing on the fence. It just walked right over the top of it.
Speaker 1: Have you talked to any of your neighbors to see if they've been experiencing weird things as well?
Speaker 4: I'm afraid they're going to think I'm nuts.
Speaker 2: I living a.
Speaker 4: Sure.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Really, I haven't really talked to people. Okay, I'm a few people I have.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, I don't really not scared. People think I don't care what they think of me, But I isn't them to you know, is there any weirdness to my family?
Speaker 1: You can always uh listening right now, you can always bust out the hey, have you have you ever seen any weird stuff around here? That's that's a that's a pretty easy one.
Speaker 4: People are they go, you finally lost it?
Speaker 2: That's what you know?
Speaker 4: It makes me mad anything, Oh well, it doesn't bother me at least I know what I saw absolutely, and I know too, I'm not the only one that saw the same thing.
Speaker 2: Well, I will send you that his face.
Speaker 1: Oh yes, Well, do you mind if I ask you about a certain some certain areas in this region, just to see if you've heard anything about out the areas regarding Bigfoot. Okay, sure, here we go. Okay, have you ever heard of anything regarding There's a small lake over by, uh east, in the west of Waldo Lake called Spirit Lake. Have you ever heard of that area?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Have you heard of anything weird happening there?
Speaker 4: Not?
Speaker 3: Really, but there are several different lakes around here that I heard things about.
Speaker 2: Really understand, General.
Speaker 3: Quinn Meadows is near one of those Eye lakes up there, and that's where my sister was first happenings they down footprints around the trails where someone's it's like the red there's up there in the hills of the sixties.
Speaker 2: This finger. Yeah, there's like a pit. Yeah that's okay. That's on Hardway fifty eight.
Speaker 4: Okay, well that road we were driving up it when they even Lloyd saw it. He had to admit to me that he saw that thing across the road. The run there. Yeah, and that was just last summer. That's the cutoff road from Cresson to crestons and.
Speaker 1: Lake, Okay, and it goes across to UH to Gilcrest.
Speaker 4: Thede Lakes Highway, the Cascade Lakes Highway.
Speaker 2: Turns a lot of good across that road.
Speaker 1: Okay, it'll take.
Speaker 4: You to fifty eight. The hells off of that road, but it's the same one that you turn to go to the Cascade Lake where like wall the lakes and stuff. It's just all gons where all those lakes are. Okay, So, like we're in that general area. Last summer, we saw and Uh run across the road about one hundred yards in front of us. But it was broad daylight and there was no way that it could have been anything but exactly what it was, you.
Speaker 2: Know what I mean.
Speaker 1: Wow, that's wild.
Speaker 4: My boys, the terrible skeptics of anything like that. He's always telling me I'm crazy and not kind.
Speaker 2: Of shit, and so well I made him admit to me that he thought it too.
Speaker 1: So that tells you something that's wild. I mean, I've heard of road crossings even on fifty eight.
Speaker 4: Yeah, oh yeah, and on ninety seven they're all over Actually people just don't really look yact. They're too scared. Once they find them, they're all freaked out. Well, they're like any other animals. They're an animal. You got to treat them with respect like you would any other animals. I wouldn't walk up on a bull out and try to like pet it. No pet it either. You know there's wild animals do and yeah, he just if you have that kind of respect for I've seen people try.
Speaker 1: How about how about the the Subtle Lake area? Have you ever heard of anything up there?
Speaker 3: I have heard stuff about the Subtle Lake. I've heard people talk about things being thrown in the lake right next to him.
Speaker 1: Oh really.
Speaker 4: Big, you know, and they couldn't fish because big rocks. And they say it wasn't rolling down the hill, but it was thrown through the trees, right, That's how that was at night and they weren't little so they couldn't fish.
Speaker 1: That's really interesting. That's an area I've been hearing a lot about.
Speaker 3: Yeah, mhm, there's a lot of activity around there, around everywhere around.
Speaker 1: Here, like anywhere in this area. You pick, you pick a location and there's stuff going on. It is I don't know what it is.
Speaker 2: Like this one.
Speaker 3: I saw this one video and it was right out here, going towards Christmas Valley on high Way thirty one near La Pine.
Speaker 1: Big for Society will be right back after these messages, okay.
Speaker 3: And the people got this video of this bigfoot running through the what does it those trees code? Oh junifer juniper trees and these scenes go to these trees and eat the berries off of them to get drunk, I guess.
Speaker 2: But they got a video of the see was running from him and it got away.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna look that. I think I found the video. I'm gonna watch this after the interview, but it looks like it's from twenty twelve. Yeah, yeah, I'm gonna check that out. I don't think i've ever seen that one. That's very interesting, so we'll check that out later.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, you can see it, but you really you really can't see its face, but you can see.
Speaker 2: Its legs and stuff walking through the trees and then running really fast.
Speaker 5: I haven't walked down the road that spot, right, No other hazard arounds for miles and see one walked by on the road.
Speaker 2: It's kind of a trip. Yeah, it is so small.
Speaker 1: Have you heard anything over by the Mackenzie Bridge area, not the bridge itself.
Speaker 4: No, I've heard around the area. Blue River is like up the mountain from Blue River. I've heard some stories. And that's kind of like kind of the same area.
Speaker 1: As a pro flave, gotcha.
Speaker 4: Yeah, a lot of sudd on fifty eight and I grew up over where there was a whole lot of old timers that were timber followers and had been in the woods for like thirty five years. You know, they had seen everything, really and I heard lots of.
Speaker 2: Stories from the old guy.
Speaker 4: Yeah. I worked in a little restaurant and day. They loved to babbles, you know, over coffee in the morning. So I heard all kinds of really amazing things.
Speaker 2: On the sleep.
Speaker 1: Do you remember any of the things they would share with you, like, any of the things they would see.
Speaker 2: Or oh well, I mean they just like they have to.
Speaker 4: We both saw and go for a walk and be squatted down and see things walk by, and you know, things would move, trees like big branches that shouldn't have moved were like drug to a pile, and different things like there's.
Speaker 2: A I don't know all of them. If I sat and really.
Speaker 4: Thought, I could probably remember a lot more of them, but this one old guy, he was always telling these stories, different things he thought, And yeah, he saw a mother with a baby at one point, but that was probably wow. I don't even know if I was born yet, honestly, probably like the early seventies, late sixties, early seventies to maybe the mid seventies, Like the story I heard.
Speaker 3: My dad was showing me. He was a logger, and he would tell me things about things out in the woods in the middle of the night on these ridges, walking around screaming and yelling all night long, and he didn't like it, so he'd shoot his gun into the air and it would stop him for a while, but he didn't know what it was.
Speaker 1: Do you think that the rangers are in the forestry workers are aware of what's in the woods as well.
Speaker 2: I think a lot of them are.
Speaker 4: If they aren't, they don't spend enough time doing their job.
Speaker 2: And I'm like.
Speaker 3: A lot of them are totally aware of these things. A lot of them help cover these things up. I don't know why, why are they trying to cover this stuff up. I don't understand that.
Speaker 2: It's just like.
Speaker 4: Spaceships or you know, they have a scare tactic and they be afraid of it, and they have if you say anything, a certain amount of people that go missing every year that's on there. You know, let's be well, will they make a deal with someone likely?
Speaker 1: Do you think there there is a large amount of people that get that sorry, that go missing every year in this region.
Speaker 2: There are a lot of people. Yeah, even all the time.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that was just like in the last five years that I can remember, there's been like three people just a crater late witnesses. Yep, wow, to my knowledge, to my knowledge, they were never found.
Speaker 2: Some were, but oh really all I found was the bones and well, yeah.
Speaker 1: Just the did you say, just the live.
Speaker 4: In just the bones and it was in the sitting position.
Speaker 1: Are you serious?
Speaker 4: With parts of the clothing attached to it?
Speaker 2: Still? And not just say one one in one place?
Speaker 4: Is three of them hiking trailers.
Speaker 2: There's one up.
Speaker 3: While we're walking around along the trail at Greater Lake, and all of a sudden, her husband just started walking towards the edge, jumped.
Speaker 1: Off, jumped off into the lake.
Speaker 4: Yeah, off the place, Oh my goodness. And then he said that you're still alive at the bottom, and he crawled into the water.
Speaker 2: And drain stuff. I don't understand that.
Speaker 1: I don't know. I've never heard anything like that.
Speaker 2: That is wow.
Speaker 1: I was talking to one of my acquaintances in the Bend area, Randy, and he was telling me that that area west of Crater Lake is known for some really aggressive bigfoot encounters, so much so that the locals in that area will call it badfoot instead of bigfoot, which is really interesting. Have you guys heard anything down in that area.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, I used to go fishing.
Speaker 4: I lived at Sutherland for a while, and I used to go fishing at Loamolo Lake, and uh, there was times my dog would cower around my feet while we were fishing there. And my dog was a big dog. He wasn't really afraid, so I'm figuring that it was probably something to do with that.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I keep my eyes in ears open all the time when I'm in the woods.
Speaker 4: Now, well my ears especially because everything goes too silent.
Speaker 2: There's something up. Yeah, I usually have that feeling that something's around.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, I mean when when I was out in the woods in Oakridge, like, we experienced that extreme quiet multiple times, and it just it really messes with you. Like I I wasn't able to handle it. It was it was too.
Speaker 4: Quiet right here. Yeah, it's like perfect silence. It's almost hurt your ears, you know, And like then tonight is kicks in.
Speaker 1: That's true. Well unless you have that all the time anyways.
Speaker 4: You know, yeah, right, you don't know it totally all the time.
Speaker 1: You hear a lot of things about this area. You hear a lot of sightings crossing the road. I don't think I've heard a ton of aggressive encounters.
Speaker 3: That I had was I was out on my back porch which is being closed with a big tarp all the way around it, and something was there. I could smell that stink like Tracy was talking about. And I was walking towards the edge of the tarp and something smacked it really hard.
Speaker 4: It scared me.
Speaker 3: So I want the house again, oh man. And then I had all these trees out in my backyard just twisted into not into.
Speaker 4: Like a big nest, we've twisted out.
Speaker 1: How near your house?
Speaker 2: Was that about thirty feet?
Speaker 1: Oh boy, that's too close.
Speaker 2: Yeah that was before I had my entire yard fence. I need a fence.
Speaker 3: Most of it is like a six and a half foot expence, but some of it is only like a four and a half foot fence, and that's the ones they walk over, right, Yeah, mine doesn't have one at all.
Speaker 1: Have have either of you experienced any other interesting things you would relate to bigfoot?
Speaker 4: Give me time in I'll tell you more. It happens all the time.
Speaker 1: When I you, oh yeah, absolutely, it'll keep happening.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, oh yeah.
Speaker 3: Sometimes I won't even want to take my dog out because I think there's something out there.
Speaker 2: Well, I hear things.
Speaker 3: I hear them moaning and howling and hitting trees and.
Speaker 2: Well, it's pretty bad when the coyotes clit. Yeah, and kayo's a lot around.
Speaker 4: I think they get out of their way a little bit too, so quit you'll hear that howl and everything else to lose. Yeah, and I've heard tree knocks. It's right near us.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you can almost feel the air moving like Well, it didn't help that I was knocking on the tree a little earlier, though.
Speaker 1: You're getting wrapped up, okay, planning on it.
Speaker 2: I was just.
Speaker 4: Goodbody. Later on, I heard this really loud and right close to me. Well, yeah, it's really eerie though, to be out there at night, because I'm long and my stupid dog would probably hide behind me if there was really something wrong.
Speaker 2: It's like it's kind of spooky and he goes across the road for me. But that's still quite a hot you know.
Speaker 4: But yeah, it's it's it's kind of sketchy knowing something's right there and you can't see it, right, Smellet you can hear it, just like I don't know, you can really feel it more man, Yeah, like I don't know. Thirty yards from my house is well, that's where I hear the extree knocks from. Is probably that far away, probably thirty yards. I'll usually walk out, I've the front dating and put my flash right out.
Speaker 2: Yeah, look for I've all as far as though I've seen. And they're not on the ground, Like, no, they're high.
Speaker 1: How high up? Would you say?
Speaker 2: The deer's too high? Two eyes right?
Speaker 1: Too high?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: I get you.
Speaker 4: Get around the tree. You know that their eyes are about a deer. Yeah, they're like and usually three yard I see it. Yeah, it's kind of goldie green colors here.
Speaker 2: Storry yards are filled with trees.
Speaker 1: Yes, Now, let me ask you this. So I talked to a lot of people about the Ukridge area, and every once in a while in the interviews, there'll be other weird stuff that comes out, and it's not Bigfoot related at all. I've had people say, yeah, alien aliens like that, I've heard that. But I've also heard things like that, fairies, gnomes, stuff like that. Oh you've heard dog Man in this area.
Speaker 3: Really, I haven't heard anything about around here that I've heard about them in other places.
Speaker 1: Okay, but not in this area.
Speaker 4: That's good, not in this area that I'm from.
Speaker 2: But who knows. You never know. I mean, anything can happen.
Speaker 1: That's true. But it is a beauty.
Speaker 4: It's it's the.
Speaker 1: Beautiful, the most beautiful area I've ever seen. But it is also the most weirdest, the most weird area I've ever experienced. I don't know what it.
Speaker 2: Is, but it's weirdly idea.
Speaker 3: Well, it's funny you say I should say something about flying saucers, because right just behind Tracy's property, I see this thing going back and forth with the red all the time, and when I flash my light at it, it goes behind the trees.
Speaker 4: I told you that I have that orbit that rides with me in my car. It's weird, rights and this thing is flashing all kinds of colors. I took a picture of it.
Speaker 2: Remember I told you that I have that picture of it.
Speaker 4: Sometimes I think they're involved, but I don't know. I think that there's something too it because I think they know each other life.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they probably do know it. Yeah, there you go. Uh, let me ask Let me ask you this. So you guys have experienced the what we call bigfoot multiple different times in this area. If you were to have to categorize it, would you categorize it as some kind of big monkey in the woods or some kind of human type creature or how how would you describe it?
Speaker 2: I think it's like, I think it's a very variant of some sort. It's a very very giant Indian intelligent, like covered in hair, very intelligent. It's more humilated is ape, you know what I mean. Yeah, it's very intelligent or aware, and they know very intelligent. They speak, yeah, well not in r worship, but they do have their own.
Speaker 3: But I've heard people hearing French come out of them and Indian words come out of them. They've got to picked up on some of it.
Speaker 4: So oh yeah, or we picked up on something?
Speaker 1: Is that from this area?
Speaker 2: It's all over the place. I actually.
Speaker 4: The place I go MP and all the time, I've actually heard voices and laughter and stuff coming from across the creek. Like you can tell it's like different voices, but there's no actual like you can't hear words like you would hear. Yeah, it's just the sound of voices and laughter and like.
Speaker 2: So I know they have a language. I know they're very intelligent, or they would have been in a zoo right now.
Speaker 1: Big, so society will be right back after these messages.
Speaker 2: I would have to classify them.
Speaker 4: They're very intelligent. Why I leave man, you know, but as their body is more primate, so they can handle the environment right more more like a mandrago.
Speaker 2: But yeah, but they have intelligence like we do or more more. They live for the land, not to destroy it.
Speaker 1: There you go, Yeah, that's great, that's a great way.
Speaker 2: To put it. What they need they don't. Well, that's that's why the Indians lived here for thousands of towns, right, It just took what they needed.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and that's why they got along with the Indians exactly.
Speaker 2: That's why I don't really feel threatened by it.
Speaker 4: And I never had traces part Indians.
Speaker 1: Oh okay, very cool, very cool.
Speaker 4: I've grown up out there too and had them like just feet away from me, like all the time. I'm friggid. Start giving them things and I don't really want to hand my house. Oh potatoes out for him or orange or something. But I've never had them actually raid my camp either.
Speaker 2: But it's like they know I'm sharing what I could.
Speaker 4: Share it if they get used to it and then you stop. They live there.
Speaker 2: I'm the ones lisn't then they think, oh, we've got ten of them, I want five.
Speaker 1: That's funny.
Speaker 4: That's funny, mixed fortune kind of. It's just there's a lot of stuff that happens.
Speaker 2: Rocks down that hill. My son and I that.
Speaker 4: Time was the worst encounter and it was short lived, and we gave them their space.
Speaker 3: And right they're telling you easily with little rocks and bigger you want to be. I live in little rocks.
Speaker 1: Did that happen in Gilcrest?
Speaker 2: No, that's over up out of Mapleton, up.
Speaker 1: In the mountains.
Speaker 4: Wow, that's coach. Got yeah, Florence and then picked up river from Florence. Got so you're well or Ohio? Yeah?
Speaker 1: I well, I'm Central Iowa, but I I I'm going out to uh Oregon again this year. I like going out there. It's fun, so.
Speaker 4: Right, but yes, I'm here. They have that festival and.
Speaker 1: It's a good time. Yeah.
Speaker 2: When does that take place?
Speaker 1: I believe this year it is July eleventh and twelfth.
Speaker 4: Maybe me and Tracy can head that way, that would be cool.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's uh, it's a great time. There's a lot of cool people there, and I mean everyone's into Bigfoot and the weird stuff, so a lot of crazy stuff happens and it's a good time. So yeah, it's definitely.
Speaker 2: I have.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I have some friends who lived in Dexter. Oh, he's not too far from Oakwidge. They had encounters there.
Speaker 1: Oh, I don't believe. I would totally believe them, because I've heard a few things from the Dexter area in the Fall Creek area, which is right over there. But yeah, that's a wild area as well.
Speaker 2: Lived in Loraine.
Speaker 1: Oh did anything? Did anything happen in Lorraine when you were there?
Speaker 4: Actually, this one night I was well, my trailer, one side of it was probably like one story off of the ground because it was on a hill, and so my living room window was probably like seventy eight feet off of the ground. And I was reading books to my kids in the living room.
Speaker 2: Floor one night, and I had my window open, and.
Speaker 4: I looked over and there was a hand and a face in my window.
Speaker 2: Did you shotgun?
Speaker 4: I jumped up and got my kids back and went and closed the window. But yeah, I mean it had been pretty tall to be looking in my window like that, just had his hand like rested on the edge of the window and looking in. But yeah, my kids and I like across the living room, we were only probably like fancy away at.
Speaker 2: Meeting, you know. It was speaky. Yeah. And then Goutyville Road. I lived on the Lorraine.
Speaker 4: Side, and like two or three driveways up from the end of Goutyville and there was there's quite a few encounters that happened up on Goutyville Road, and I'm pretty sure I encountered one. It was late though it was dark, but I could hear something moving over in the brush, and my dog wouldn't get out of the car. And that was his peace spot on the way home from town.
Speaker 2: So he always got out there, but he was trembling and he wouldn't get out. So I'm pretty sure that was probably what that was.
Speaker 4: Yeah, once you've seeing these things, you know they're there. Well, that's not far are from Cottage Grove Lake either right over from from Cottage.
Speaker 2: Grove is Lorraine, right over the mountain.
Speaker 4: Golladyville Road takes you over that mountain and yeah six stuff.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and yeah, that's where I lived for a while. But that's where I had the like they were.
Speaker 4: It was looking in my window. It freaks me out because it had to be really tall. He's just like so nonchalent when you like to hand up on the edge of the window just looking in. Had to be pretty like eight nine feet tall at least.
Speaker 2: That's freaky.
Speaker 4: You know.
Speaker 1: We had talked about Yeah, absolutely, we had never talked We talked about Cottage Grove a little bit earlier, and you know, I've been hearing a lot of weird stuff from that area also Durina Lake and Sharp's Creek. Have you experienced any weird stuff down in that area as well?
Speaker 4: No, but I all of my family lives in that area. So I have had two uncles that were actually riding together that it was a colp Creek over at Cottage Grove. My aunt lived up there and they were going to my aunt's house and it was probably I don't know, it's seven, eight o'clock at night. They said it was dark, but it ran across the road in front of the truck as they were going to my aunt. That was on Colp Creek, my aunt and her husband. I'm not positive exactly where it was because one of my uncles at the time lived in Lorraine and they were on their way either two or from Cottage Grove from my uncle's place, and they had one on Cottage Grove Highway. They had to stop because it was crossing the road up like at the top of it in the corners. They had to stop and it went across the road right.
Speaker 1: In front of those guys. It has been a fun time chatting with you tonight, as Steve Sumter and Tracy Brooks thank you both for coming on the podcast. Is there anything else you would want to make sure you share before we have the end of our conversation today.
Speaker 4: Well, I have a question for you. Oh sure, have you ever seen one or had any encounters?
Speaker 1: So that's a really good question. I had some weird stuff happened out in Oakridge last July. I did not have an actual sighting. I heard something. I knew they were there. We got screamed and roared at by something out in the woods. I mean, that was crazy. But I have not had an actual, like face to face see something. I mean I missed having it by about five hours because of when I came in through the airport. There was another group up there and they saw one jump out of a tree. It was crazy. So well, I.
Speaker 3: Will send the pictures to you. I'll send them directly to your phone.
Speaker 2: Is that okay?
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, you can do that or my email, whatever is easiest for you. Man, So yeah, definitely.
Speaker 2: Okay, that problem cool?
Speaker 1: And yeah, Steve, thanks for sure, thanks for reaching out. And Tracy, thanks for coming on as well.
Speaker 2: You're welcome.
Speaker 4: Thank you for having me.
Speaker 1: Just want to take a few minutes to say thank you to you all my listeners for listening to the podcast. Please take a minute to help out the show by subscribing on YouTube, making sure you hit the bell so you don't miss any notifications, and share the episode on YouTube with a friend. Also, if you're listening to us on a podcast, thank you so much. Make sure that you're subscribed, share the show with a friend. Really, it's all about sharing the show wherever you can. If you've had a Bigfoot encounter related to the following or know someone who has, please reach out to me at Bigfoot Society at gmail dot com or pass on my email. Here's a list the Subtle Lake area of Oregon, Rainbow, Oregon, McKinsey Bridge area, Sweet Home, pretty much that entire area, the north part. If you get what I mean, I'll see you back next time. Listeners. SASA Summerfest this year July eleventh through the twelfth. It's going to be fantastic July eleventh through twelfth in Greenwaters Park and Oakridge, Oregon. And listeners, if you're going to go, you can get a two day ticket for the cost of one if you use the code b FS like Bigfoot Society but BFS and I'll get used some off your cost. Priscilla was a nice and enough to provide that for my listeners. So there you go. I look forward to seeing you there, So make sure you head over to www dot Sasquatch Summerfest dot com and pick up your tickets today.