Speaker 1: Another concert that Christina and I went to this year, twenty twenty four. K's the Elephant. I saw a lot of shows good twenty twenty four. We're gonna wrap up some twenty twenty four stuff because we are the Ben and Skin Show. Ben and Skin are out today. You might hear from one of them or both later, but today's show's gonna be fun. Last segment, I'm gonna do my twenty twenty four celebrity death song, So gear up for that.
Speaker 2: Please explain that to people who don't know what that is, because it is the best thing ever.
Speaker 1: And if you don't know, I'm Kevin Turner, you know I'm at KT fun tweets. You know some people call me KT. You never know. That's Christina six to ten tonight.
Speaker 2: Are you gonna explain your death song?
Speaker 3: So?
Speaker 1: Yeah, So I've done it on the radio for many a year.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Sometimes it's produced, sometimes it's acoustic. Sometimes I go and I get a producer and do a full musical score to it. But I collect some of the celebrity deaths or local debts and I work it into a song. And you know, songs work a lot of times with rhyming, and yeah, so we just kind of remember those who have passed.
Speaker 2: That's the best way. I like it when you perfom it live, honestly.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I like doing it live too. Yeah. So we'll do it live at five fifty ish today, Okay, don't miss that. It'll be fun and a lot of other stuff, a lot of stuff. It's a It's one of those things where this the show might sound a little off to you if you're listening, because Ben and Skin aren't here and it is the Ben and Skin show. But I hope we Christina and I have kind of kept it feeling the same, uh, and I have decided it feels the same. I'm starting the show off with business news, Christina.
Speaker 2: Oh, okay.
Speaker 1: Three stories from the world of business are going to start the day, and we will start with a local one here. Washington Post is going after one of our Texas treasures. Yes, those libs up there in Washington. Here is what the story says from a Washington Post. The Post. The article is tied what happened to Waterburger?
Speaker 2: What happen?
Speaker 1: What is the deal? The writer is of this articles a a guy the name of Omar Galaga loves arcade games.
Speaker 2: Yep, beat me to it and smashing watermelons.
Speaker 1: And he is a Texas based guy. Mm hmm, you're Gallagher. Joke snuck in there, the Texas based guy. And so in this article he takes one TikTok post and it's a guy in Hazlet. I just love the Washington Post is somehow got their hands in hazl It. Yeah, that makes me happy. And the guy in Hazlett posted a video after a bad experience that he had at a Fort Worth Waterburger. He said he had the wrong order and twenty five minutes of waiting, to which I say, hey, man, don't be a caring about it.
Speaker 2: Well, I mean, that does happen. You don't have to tell the Washington Post that that's true. It's like, just be a normal person. It happens to everyone. Some people have bad days.
Speaker 1: Well, he made the video on TikTok Okay.
Speaker 2: Wait, did he get the chicken fingers? Because that's usually what takes twenty five minutes? Uh?
Speaker 1: Yeah, thing, did you order something that's not easy to put together there?
Speaker 2: Do you want your food fresh or no?
Speaker 1: His name is Jim Fitz and he says in that TikTok video, don't go to Warburger anymore. Ever since they got bought out, it's been trash.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 1: So then he spoke with the Washington Post and he said it's just been a string of bad experiences and Waterburger despite like anyone, do you think they've been very successful? I think twenty twenty three was their most profitable year ever. I mean, like they're doing great.
Speaker 2: Would anyone doubt that they weren't doing great?
Speaker 1: I wouldn't. I remember having concerns when they were bought out years ago, just as we all did just Chexas based. Yeah, you know, I don't need Chicago coming in here buying my Texas.
Speaker 2: It's not changing anything, it's not. It's okay.
Speaker 1: So another person, and that was interviewing this article says, when when friends or family come from out of state, it's not Waterburger they want to go to anymore, it's BUCkies. Oh well, which, as someone who's got North Carolina family, yep, absolutely, everyone.
Speaker 2: Loves okay real quick. When we drove to Houston, there are two BUCkies on the way to Houston, both packed completely. Both times we left Saturday midday packed, came back Sunday night, late night packed.
Speaker 1: And that trip to Houston is it's normally not a bad drive.
Speaker 2: The way back suck.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the way back does suck, but going down there you still have your you know, I don't know, you're still excited about what you're going to do. Yeah, the way back always sucks, right, But I agree with you on those two BUCkies specifically, it's insane even if you like, I need to get gas.
Speaker 2: Too, Exactly, I can't and we had to and I had to fill up my tires too. I just don't understand it, but that he is correct on that people do say BUCkies now over Waterburger is a.
Speaker 1: Guy who gets to stand when I go number one. BUCkies are nice in that regard for you, right, Oh, yes, yeah, that's another thing that I think we look over if anyone has anything bad to say about BUCkies. I was like, I don't want to hear anything bad from women about BUCkies. Oh, because you get to sit on a nice, clean toilet.
Speaker 2: You're not gonna let us talk.
Speaker 1: No, no, and men who have to poop too. But I just don't, you.
Speaker 2: Know, pristine bathrooms. Yeah, I don't think I've heard any No, I think i've heard anyone complain about BUCkies besides it being packed. Like I just said other World.
Speaker 1: Of Business news. Have you ever been to a Big Lots?
Speaker 2: Yes, so I bought some furniture from Big Lots in college. Actually really nice furniture, good price. Thank you, Big Lots.
Speaker 1: Well, they are apparently closing up shop oh, going out of business, selling all of its stores nine hundred locations across the United States.
Speaker 2: Rooms to Go got Them or Wayfair.
Speaker 1: You know, it's interesting because they are up there. Big Lots is up there with another place that's closed. Lot of is cons into a CONS, but they've closed a lot, So I'm wondering if, like, who is that competitor. I don't know.
Speaker 2: So CONS is not just furniture either, right they so like I think refrigerators applying?
Speaker 1: I think so, right, I'm thinking the old the old days of sears is what CONS reminded me of. Are a lot of Bob Vila commercials.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so it's just online shopping. So that's killing.
Speaker 1: Them, Yeah, I think so. I think so that's what people do now. The retailers who have closed the most locations in twenty twenty four Family Dollar number one, CVS Health number two.
Speaker 2: Oh, which is just consumer value stores is.
Speaker 1: Going under, not CVS. I think CVS health like that. Oh okay, you know, like the the side. I don't know. I think it's the word's just farms. I don't know CON's Route twenty one.
Speaker 2: I didn't know this was still around. God, I don't talk about early two thousands. Been tougher for foot Logger too. Twenty one put lockers closed off. And then lastly in Business News, Party City also after nearly forty years in business, employees were told today it's their last day of employment. All of them.
Speaker 1: Party City is going out of business.
Speaker 2: All party cities everywhere.
Speaker 1: Every one of them rest in peace. So if you have Party City stock, oh what now is right now? Pretty big? I'm the Party City stock because guess what people have every year? Birthdays? Yeah, parties, holidays.
Speaker 2: Grandma think she said, you gotta tell grandma, tell your stock.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I sold my Nokia stock and that one's going off ironically.
Speaker 2: Some of them.
Speaker 1: What's happening? Uh? There is this let's do the intro song.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Business News is on a Friday that I know.
Speaker 2: There's some bad.
Speaker 3: Dark time boys.
Speaker 2: Right now, you're ready, right right right, right, time to do one.
Speaker 3: Or time with with keeping with our show. You're gonna ruling it, except with sim we pursuing it. Huddled out Shaw Shank through the sewer Kid. Now we're chilling at the eagle. Yeah, we're doing it. Three o'clock on the dock. Got a habit for my house, a go status Howard starting to get craddic shows that up multiplied like a rabbit to then zone out, break it up beat the habit.
Speaker 2: I'm wanna hang out well friends, rocking it on the radio, my home most.
Speaker 3: Talking on the radio.
Speaker 1: It's time to to this on.
Speaker 2: Oh Baby we Kat stream.
Speaker 1: Stub Hub has released its list of top ind demand global artists of twenty twenty four. Who do you think The top ten are?
Speaker 2: T Swift?
Speaker 1: Number one?
Speaker 2: T Swift and I love t Swift. It's just annoying that she's on the top of all these lists. But good for her. Good for her.
Speaker 1: But who else is in demand?
Speaker 2: Beyonce Nope, because she didn't tour Oh KJL Nope?
Speaker 1: In demand? Who does the public? Who are they dying to see?
Speaker 2: Sabrina Carpenter, no Bad Bunny, no well follow John Misty, no Jack White, Nope. See I'm just naming people I want.
Speaker 1: To see people you want to see. Yeah, although I could see you. Yeah, I mean you know someone who went to see this. Joe Brose No six, number ten they played at the Sphere, Oh you too. Number nine does a lot of stuff with the piano, Elton John the other guy who does a lot of stuff at the piano.
Speaker 2: Uh, other guy piano Ray Charles.
Speaker 1: Billy Joel Okay, number eight all right, you saw them at the Cotton Bowle a couple of years ago. So rolling Stones number seven at the Sphere now grateful? Nope, nope, Eagles Eagles number six. I saw them at the Cotton Bowl a couple of years ago before the Rolling Stones killers. No, the Cotton Bowl was actually really good. They're also all over the place and something that, despite being kind of old, are still seen as pop music. And they're in the mix and they're annoying. A lot of people hate them.
Speaker 2: Is it the who? It's Coldplay? Oh, Coldplay? I was thinking older older group.
Speaker 1: Sorry, just because they haven't done a good record since O eightn't mean they're not in demand. They are, they very much.
Speaker 2: I always see them breaking all kinds of records and I haven't listened to them like you.
Speaker 1: Yeah, their shows are pretty great too. Number five he through a country, think country, Garth Brooks Nope.
Speaker 2: Luke Bryant no, no oh move.
Speaker 1: Number four Tiny Young, very poppy, but also with a little bit of anger and edge billy at two great albums from her. I'll say that Arianna No Olivia Rodriguez.
Speaker 2: Oh, okay, I think she's kind of tall. She I thought she was tall.
Speaker 1: She might be, but I thought she was tiny. Okay, but I don't know. Three who could know? Las Vegas residency Gal Now used to be big, lost a ton of weight, Adele Adele two. Some of his relationship stuff has gotten out fighters noh. He played at and T Stadium. He did a song with Caseys, and he does have two first names.
Speaker 2: Josh abbituh no, Zach Bryan Zach. Sorry, josh Abba. Your your home life is fine? I know so.
Speaker 1: Stupu also released their top ten in demand global Experiences for twenty twenty five. Now this is based on data they're getting. I guess, like pre sale stuff and things like that.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 1: Number ten Bruce Springsteen, So I guess he's going on tour. Did you go to Bruce? Yes?
Speaker 2: I did. Yeah, I feel about saying it I'm not a good I'm not a big Bruce.
Speaker 1: I'm not either fan.
Speaker 2: But the concert was incredible. He knows what he's doing, he knows how to put on a show.
Speaker 1: Holds his guitar though. Yeah, because he's so muscular. He is number nine the super Bowl, okay, of course, Yeah, Global Experiences number eight, Zach Bryan.
Speaker 2: Number seven, and he's just more countrified and a little scared year than post Malone basically right.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but he's got some story. I mean, he's also in that I don't feel like more popular, but kind of his bit as Jason isbel kind of.
Speaker 2: Okay, okanger songwriter guy, Yep, that makes sense.
Speaker 1: Number seven Sabrina Carpenter's her rise continues.
Speaker 2: She's done nothing to me, but I just want her name out of my face.
Speaker 1: You're gonna get it. You're gonna get a lot of me.
Speaker 2: I've had it. I don't want it.
Speaker 1: She's a little tater tot. Number six. WrestleMania forty one.
Speaker 2: I want to go to the next one. I'm not kidding. They look so fun. Yeah, okay, and that is an experience. When's the last time you watched the WrestleMania I oh.
Speaker 1: I mean I think once and Mike maybe watch.
Speaker 2: And then you ended up saying, hey, I won this bet. I didn't lose anything.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I kind of watch it for thirty VIDs. It looks pretty fun.
Speaker 2: It's really fun. You really get into it. They give you the backstory of everyone. You pump up, you get pumped up.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I want to gamble on it. I need to get with their buddy Brody the Wrestling Machine before ye find out. Number five, My Chemical Romance is back.
Speaker 2: Yes, huge.
Speaker 1: Number four Metallica is doing some shows. Remember we've given some just down in Houston.
Speaker 2: Houston Energy Stadium June of next year.
Speaker 1: The Eagles still in the list. I'm wondering if they extended their sphere run to Oasis, the Return of Oasis and the number one in demand global experience Global for stub Hub, for Christina, Tony Coleplay. They're not going to leave number one global experience. According to stub Hup, people are like, I go to get cold Play tickets.
Speaker 2: You're gonna make me listen to Coldplay over the.
Speaker 1: I'm not going to. I'm not. Although their first three albums are wonderful.
Speaker 2: Okay, we need to play some rock music to cleanse what you.
Speaker 1: Just we do, we do, and we will do that. Now. What's coming up in the Hollywood Shuffle though.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, Katie, Speaking of rock music, an incredible trailer dropped for a documentary that's coming out that dropped last night. We're gonna go over that and we're going to talk about some rock tattoos. That's coming up next on ninety seven point one, The Ego