Speaker 1: This is Gary and Shannon and you're listening to KFI A M. Six forty, the Gary and Shannon Show on demand on the iHeartRadio app. It's not the Lion King.
Speaker 2: What you're like, Well, you haven't seen my strip teas.
Speaker 3: I do.
Speaker 2: I do a pretty good Lion King strip tease.
Speaker 1: Actually, all right, so my fan fiction here at a riverside, A student who was involved in a fight on campus with another student called some adult relatives for back up.
Speaker 2: Yeah, now, how many of you been have been in fights at school? I mean all the way back? Fights at school? You've been in a fight at school, right the one room schoolhouse? How long ago was that fight that you were in?
Speaker 1: Wow, I didn't know we were doing agis stuff today. Did you hate old people while I was gone?
Speaker 2: Yes? Oh yeah? I mean what year was it? Sixty three? Yeah, that's Jets and the Sharks right there?
Speaker 1: Him for a minute. How many miles did you ride today? Nine and a half? How many miles did you ride today?
Speaker 2: So yeah, so that's right. I didn't even drive, so just.
Speaker 1: Okay, So yeah, so everyone's been in a fight. I wouldn't have thought to call my relatives at the time when I was in high school or middle school, because my relatives were like normal relative. They were like me, I would totally call me if I was in school.
Speaker 2: Now, but you were already young.
Speaker 1: I did have any crazy people in any crazy adults in my family.
Speaker 2: So they said one student and two school staff members were attacked Tuesday at Martin Luther King High School. Riverside Unified School Districts said after the fights or after the fight, two boys got into a fight, and after that fight, one of the boys called it the entire family. I don't know if it's a group text. I don't know if it's a like everybody's.
Speaker 1: On the chain, something like that, it's time to f someone up, buncle.
Speaker 2: But several adults arrived at the school and some of them actually barred through a school office to get around campus security.
Speaker 1: Campus.
Speaker 2: Every high school these days has campus security. Apparently it's not very tight.
Speaker 1: If you go through the office security, they're like rent a cops. They have like a walkie.
Speaker 2: Talkie and a flipboard.
Speaker 1: Sometimes there's the high school the security was Blowney, you.
Speaker 2: Went to high school in Marin, right, Yeah, they still don't have cops on campus there.
Speaker 1: Right.
Speaker 2: A campus supervisor was able to follow this group of adults as they made their way through the school looking for the guy, and then alert campus, alert the administration, who then contacted police. Of course, unfortunately, by the time police got there, the parents, the relatives they were there to open up a can of whoop ass had already taken off for the day. Now the guy that they got.
Speaker 1: When's the last time you heard open up a can of whoop ass? Nineteen sixty three? Yeah? Bad?
Speaker 2: The rails The school staff members apparently tried to intervene, but they were then in turn attacked by the adults and the student, the boy who was in the original fight as well.
Speaker 1: So I don't well, listen, if you're not going to keep my kids safe, I'm gonna have to take care of it myself. This is America, Gary.
Speaker 2: Right, go on, I want to know where this goes.
Speaker 1: I don't have my music.
Speaker 2: Oh I got music for you if that's what you're looking for. Yeah, your America music.
Speaker 1: Yeah, in America, Gary.
Speaker 2: Patrick Henry should be standing right now.
Speaker 1: We go to that high school in Riverside and we have those kids up, yeah, do we not? Because if your security can't take care of our children, then we will take care of those children because we're Americans. This is what Patrick Henry bought for y'all. Patrick Henry didn't die for that kdom. You believe Patrick Henry died for us to start that school.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's white smoke, bro, that's white smoke, bro. Can I drop this? I'll do the sad story just because it's very it's very quick. It's a Billy Joel's story. Have you not heard this story yet? Billy Joel has said that he's going to be canceling all scheduled concerts because he has a brain condition. Brain condition.
Speaker 1: It's affecting speech and movement and all the things that concerts are making worse. How old is Billy Joel? I want to say seventy seven.
Speaker 2: Ish, I would get that sounds about right. His was one of the greatest concerts I ever saw, Oakland Coliseum nineteen eighty nine. I believe went backstage and everything.
Speaker 1: Oh that's so cool.
Speaker 2: I didn't see him at all. Oh yeah, all the idea of going backstage because somebody knew somebody whose cousin used to work on the road crew.
Speaker 1: That is so cool. But he's a seventy six him in recent years and I guess I should have guessed it. But it's kind of a d I mean, take the kind of.
Speaker 3: Out of it.
Speaker 1: But I mean that's the guy. Like he's like that classic East Coast guy with a big ego, alpha guy got his music as poetry.
Speaker 2: Though.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I was listening to that Vinyls Serious station and they had a lot of Billy Joel Old stuff on it. I was driving up and oh, my gosh.
Speaker 2: He's not dying.
Speaker 1: They don't make music like that anymore, don't.
Speaker 2: He's not dying, but they.
Speaker 1: Di's nineteen sixty three. They made good music, yeah.
Speaker 2: Who.
Speaker 1: And people.
Speaker 2: The condition has been exacerbated, they said, by the concert performances that led to problems with hearing, envision, and balance. Under the doctor's instructions, he's going to undergo physical therapy, but he has to refrain from performing during his recovery period. So I mean, maybe there is a chance that it gets back out there.
Speaker 1: So all right, we've got a table full of Dodger fans, and tonight the Dodgers take on the Mets in New York. First pitch at four. What a fun game that would be to go to listen to all Dodger games on AM five to seventy LA Sports live from the Gallpin Motors Broadcast Booth. Stream all Dodgers games HD on the iHeartRadio app Keyword AM five seventy LA Sports.
Speaker 2: And not to pile on, but we have referred to the Colorado Rockies before as historically bad. Yeah, they are eight and forty two right now.
Speaker 1: God, they've only won two games in three weeks.
Speaker 2: Eight and forty two. That's the worst fifty game record in the modern era, which goes back one hundred and twenty something years.
Speaker 1: Their manager and their bench coach, right, Yeah.
Speaker 2: And they may get rid of everybody, but it's not like to go.
Speaker 1: To work in that locker room every day or work because it doesn't. I mean, that's just that's like soul crushing though. No, it's to lose that much, Yes it is.
Speaker 2: I think there are guys on the team who are glad to just put on the stripes every day and play. They want to win, but they're also getting paid.
Speaker 1: I mean, it's not like they're the Chicago Bears. They're not used to this.
Speaker 2: Ouch. She didn't mean that, sorry, stay, I think stand down.
Speaker 1: She didn't mean that.
Speaker 3: Love.
Speaker 1: I say it out of love. These are dark days for me. Football seasons still so far away.
Speaker 2: So far away. Yes, it's like a month away. It is the Hall of Fame game. Isn't it July July?
Speaker 1: Late July July thirty first?
Speaker 2: I think that's July is right around the corner. Okay, well it's okay. Let's not do math up here. We didn't come here to do math. We are live today at Bravery Brewing inland Caster. Come on out and say hi. We have Bravery Pizza, kitchen is open, KFI pa is on tap. We'll be out here until one o'clock. So it's a beautiful, beautiful day up here.
Speaker 3: You're listening to Gary and Shannon on demand from KFI AM six forty.
Speaker 2: We're doing some fun stuff in the commercial breaks if you were in the building here, So there's still plenty of time for you to come out and take it. Take advantage of that. We just gave away a sea crane radio to Eric for answering one of our trivia questions. So these great sea crane radios. We gave him the solar version, but it's a radio that works without electricity. It's built for your power outages or whatever.
Speaker 1: The blackouts that will probably have you live off the land. See a radio.
Speaker 2: The CC radio solar Bluetooth doesn't require any electricity to operate the one that Eric has. It can be charged with a solar panel. You got a hand crank. There is an optional AC adapter on that sort of thing, but you can see it right there. It's about the size of a small brick. Huge, incredible, clean, modern design, et cetera.
Speaker 1: Hey, listen, Eric's in the bathroom or something, so you could steal it right, totally steal if you wanted it to be yours.
Speaker 2: It's got five one touch memory, pre SUTs reception, voice focused audio makes it perfect for emergencies, makes it perfect for listening to our show. To order a CC Radio Solar, call Sea Crane. Here's a number if you want to write it down, eight hundred and five to two eight eight six three. That's eight hundred and five to two two eight eight six three. You can also visit them online see Crane dot com the letter c Crane dot com. RII has them, and also they've given us a bunch of these radios. The Conway Show is gonna be given away a bunch of Sea Crane radios as well. So you can listen to that show, listen to that Ding Dong show, and they'll be given away.
Speaker 1: Those Do you ever listen to the Conway Show at five o'clock? Do you ever?
Speaker 2: Okay?
Speaker 1: So you hear Keana, right, Keana takes part and they're five o'clock what's Happening segment? What's it called five o five? What's happening? Is that? What it's called? What's happening? Like? We do it at noon? Right, Okay, what's happening with Conway at five oh five? Just kidding? Iy, Casey's listening.
Speaker 2: Listen. Not to brag about second grade, Gary, but I skipped third grade. Cool, okay, right, Like I said, it's not a brag, it's one ups today. I skipped third grade. So for the rest of my school career, I was many months, if not a full year, younger than everybody else in my class.
Speaker 1: I feel like I knew this at one point and then forgot it. But my memory, and it could be a false memory, was that your mom was like, he doesn't.
Speaker 2: Need that, he doesn't need third grade.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it was.
Speaker 2: It was a matter of me when I went into school in the first place. Yeah, because at my birthday in January. The cut off I don't remember how the cut off date worked, and she tried to force it. They wouldn't let me in. So then when I did go to kindergarten, I was slightly older than some of those kids, so I skipped the It doesn't matter, Yeah, this is it.
Speaker 1: It gets into a statutory situation at that point. Yes, right, she get into high school. You're eighteen, she's sixteen.
Speaker 2: It's weird, Sandra Ruiz.
Speaker 1: Or she's eighteen, he's sixteen. Seventy of her files charges for that.
Speaker 2: Sandra Luiz is a college professor and saw a man and a little girl, an eight year old, into the classroom one day and at Crafton Hills College down in Ukaipa, and she thought that you know where crafton Hills is. You did, so they pump out all the young kids. Apparently this is but she was younger than you are. Raphael Paralas dropped off his daughter Alyssa to begin her second semester of college. She was eight. She is graduating. She is graduating from this college, Crafton Hills College in Ukaipa, at the age of eleven eleven.
Speaker 1: These stories always make me feel so dumb.
Speaker 2: That's not what makes you feel dumb?
Speaker 1: She's in third grade, she's in college. I was just a dumb eleven year old.
Speaker 2: She says. She's already been accepted to a few UC campuses, hasn't decided exactly where she wants to go. She says her dream job is either working with AI or even better AI while working at SpaceX.
Speaker 1: Why are we talking about this again?
Speaker 2: Because she's eleven and she makes you feel bad about yourself.
Speaker 1: I don't want to hear about people who want to work in AI. It's terrifying.
Speaker 2: At two and a half years old, she could read on her own, what could.
Speaker 1: You could you do? That? Is that what you skip their grade?
Speaker 2: I don't, to be honest, I don't remember two and a half. You don't know, I don't. By three, she was writing with upper elementary school precision. She had done her multiplication tables, she stood, she understood long division at the age of three. What were you doing at three?
Speaker 1: Crap in my pants?
Speaker 2: Probably still huh. By the age of eight, she had completed all of her coursework mandated by the state to graduate from high school with a diploma at eight? What does a kid like that have a conversation about that's what I want to know. And you got to be if you.
Speaker 1: Hope she's having a childhood too, and not just learning multiplication table, play with some dirt, you know, go get beat up by year older brother, You fall off your bike.
Speaker 2: Oh I see what this is about. You got beat up by your older brother. Yeah, so he took away the intellectual path that you thought you were going to be on because of the beatings.
Speaker 1: Do we want to get into how you were beat up by your older sister or should we skip this whole thing?
Speaker 2: Did we just say there were two of them? All right? There were two of them. That's different, not.
Speaker 1: Only business the track we want to go down, very very different.
Speaker 3: All right.
Speaker 2: We are live today at Bravery Brewing in Lancaster, So there's a we have.
Speaker 1: Like a real dumb kid we can talk about when we come back.
Speaker 2: Well, they're all here, so uh I mean that in a good way. Like you guys don't have to do anything on Friday at ten in the morning, Oh my god, we have to. We're working you guys. This is how right at Bravery Brewing in Lancaster. Not only did they debut KFIPA, which is on tap and in kas that you can buy here. Of course, the KFI the sorry I keep saying, the KFI Pizza Kitchen, the Bravery Pizza Kitchen is open and they'll serve in lunch and dinner if you want to stick around that long. We have some surprises that are still in store. We have some gifts that we're giving away. You got to be here. So here's one. I'm going to drink the rest of your iced coffee surprise. There's another one. I didn't like that surprise her face.
Speaker 1: That was a very very bad surprise.
Speaker 2: We also at one o'clock, when we wrap up the live show, we're going to turn around and record the podcast episode that shows up on the Gas Weekend Fix, which is our podcast episode that only airs on the podcast. You do not hear it live on the ratil.
Speaker 1: This is when he gets a little loose with the profanity. I didn't know you were like.
Speaker 2: That really until we started doing that extra episode. Yeah, okay, sure you didn't.
Speaker 1: I didn't.
Speaker 2: Gary Shannon will continue in just a moment.
Speaker 3: You're listening to Gary and Shannon on demand from KFI AM six forty.
Speaker 1: Live at Bravery Brewing here, our home away from home in Lancaster and it is a beautiful day. It never disappoints here Memorial Day weekend, and no better place to kick it off than right here at Bravery Brewing, where we salute everybody who has served our country and continue to do so every day. Here at Bravery Brewing. That's the name.
Speaker 2: So oh, could have got a bigger round of applause than that. Come on, yeah, there you go.
Speaker 1: Listen. When you put pizza in front of people and beer, it's hard to pay attention to any dails. I get it.
Speaker 2: Still clap your pizza slices together if you need it. Oh hey, just a couple of quick things that are going on in the world. The stock market was down this morning. I don't know if you saw the latest tariff threat from President Trump. He had said that iPhones should be made in the United States and if they're not, he.
Speaker 1: Said, if they're not, the eleven year old girl who's going to college, she could set up to start making a iPhone factory. Get a bunch of her friends.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he said, if they're not made in the United States, they'll be subject to a twenty five percent tariff. He also said that a bunch of the trade talks that we've been in with European Union have gone awful. So he is threatening to put a fifty percent across the board tariff on stuff that comes in from Europe that would begin next month. The Dow was down I think five hundred points at the start of trading. Now it's down about one hundred and fifty.
Speaker 1: Okay. So we heard about this missing hiker and the first time we heard about her, we had heard that she was missing for weeks, and three weeks, we had talked about how they had found her, and we didn't know how she had survived, and it's all very new, but she just wanted to get a hug from the first responder. And it was interesting because when her mother and Georgia found out that she was still alive and she was found after being missing, that's the first thing her mom wanted was a hug from whoever she was working with at the restaurant she was working. I thought, Oh, that's a wonderful mother and daughter of the book like, just give me a hug. And then we're like, well, how did she survive for three weeks? And last week or this week, when I was on vacation, I heard a news blurb on the satellite radio or whatever I was listening to that she had survived three weeks in the wilderness, eating wild leaks and boiling small snow melt for potable water. And I was like, but.
Speaker 2: I mean, come on.
Speaker 1: Like it just seemed a little crazy, Like you go out for I think it was a three day camping trip, which seems doable for people who don't know to live off the land. Yeah, but she's twenty eight and she survived on leaks and boiling snow.
Speaker 2: For potable water. Yeah, they they found they found her hold up in a cabin. There's a place up there that a guy owns, and he says he leaves one of his cabin doors unlocked every winter on the off chance that somebody gets lost in the wilderness and they need shelter, he leaves one of these places open. And she found that cabin with the unlocked door. And that's how she was discovered, is he went up to go start getting ready for the springtime and realizes that there's a woman leap sleeping in the in the cabin.
Speaker 1: There's just things about her story that don't really make sense. That she fell off a cliff, that she was able to be unconscious for a few hours, pop her knee back into place. I mean, the human mind and body does miraculous things, but I don't know. For me, I'd be dead.
Speaker 2: So yeah, So she splints her leg right, one of them. Yeah, pops the knee.
Speaker 1: Back into place Macguyver suddenly and.
Speaker 2: Then walks almost a marathon length. She walked twenty miles with her splintered leg, with a splinted leg.
Speaker 1: After being unconscious for a few hours and then not having water and then randomly finding snow and boiling it and eating the leaks the leaks.
Speaker 2: So her story also vives on leaks. Her story also includes thirteen snowstorms. She said, two landslides, one of which injured her legs that she needed to splint. She said. She also lost and this is important. She lost her phone. She lost two sleeping bags. I don't know why she needed too. She lost her tent. And this is the part that I don't quite understand. She's she's hiking in the sierras. She's on this SuperNature version of camping for three days. She also lost her electric bike.
Speaker 1: A lot of people take those with them on these trips. Now, I know you hate the electric bikes, but they're everywhere. You gotta just let it. You just gotta embrace.
Speaker 2: When they rescued her, by the way, when they finally found her three weeks after she had disappeared, they said she was only dehydrated. That was the only medical She wasn't malnourished. She had plenty of food, even though she said she only ate leaks.
Speaker 1: There's probably seventy percent of us right now that are dehydrated.
Speaker 2: Probably it's only going to get worse between now and one.
Speaker 1: You know, I mean, like, yes, cheers to dehydration everybody, But you know what I mean, it doesn't add up. There's too many details like did you fall up a cliff or did you split your leg? Or did you were you unconscious? Like all of the these things equal up to dead. There's no way. But here's the thing, and this is my cynical side her go funds, Wait a minute.
Speaker 2: Up to this point that you haven't been cynical about this story.
Speaker 1: No, but this is really what piques my cynical side or what put whatever interests it tickles it.
Speaker 3: Sorry, that was cross.
Speaker 2: That was really awful, taking it too far.
Speaker 1: Once again, the GoFundMe rage page has raised twenty five thousand dollars. So I really do believe, because I believe in the worst sometimes that this was for money.
Speaker 2: Her parents were the ones. They're back in Georgia. Her parents were the ones that put up the go fundme page. They're also the ones that took the GoFundMe page down. Oh they did because the amount of negative comments that they were getting in questions about their daughter's story. The mom said, it's taken a lot to endure the attacks and attention asking for help has brought us. Well, if your daughter was telling a true story, it probably wouldn't be subject to those you know what, Now.
Speaker 1: That I'm seeing a picture of her and she's wearing like hiking accoutra ma like the uh, you know, she looks like she stepped out of an arii or whatever. It looks like she's an experienced outdoors person, so maybe she'd maybe that is all true.
Speaker 2: There was another guy who was actually out guiding a five day ski trip in what an area called the Mono Recesses out in the Sierra while she was missing, and that time that she was missing saw helicopter searching for her confirmed that there were still some snowstorms passing through the area. I don't know if there were thirteen of them, but he noted that the elevation that she claimed to be at Huntington Lake and Edison Lake were low enough that they would not have gotten snow. They would have, in fact gotten rain just because of the temperature. The other thing is you mentioned she was unconscious after she fell in one of these landslides. Yeah, she knew she was unconscious for two hours.
Speaker 1: Okay, yeah, I don't know how you to get point.
Speaker 2: How would you excep Well, if she had a watch on, I guess.
Speaker 1: And she knew about what time it was when she fell off the cliff. It's all very odd.
Speaker 2: She said that at one point she was mad that she didn't take her GPS satellite device with her, but then snarkily asked her phone where the nearest Starbucks was and it told her that it was eighteen miles away. Now, she is, that's so far. But if she didn't have her GPS device with her but she had cell service, why wasn't she asking for help?
Speaker 1: And what happened to the phone and what happened to the Starbucks order?
Speaker 2: We don't even know, did it ever get there.
Speaker 1: It's very odd. Okay when we come back. What is the best time to brush your teeth? How about often? What is this story? Oh? This is from England.
Speaker 2: That's why, that's why, that's why true.
Speaker 1: Sorry, it's from the Telegraph.
Speaker 2: We are live today at Bravery Brewing and Lancaster. Will be out here till one o'clock. Come on out and say hi, Grab a beer, glass of wine, seltzer, whatever you want. Have Bravery pizza.
Speaker 1: There's Mitch a lot of it's over there. Those look delicious for a Friday.
Speaker 2: What do you mean? Yeah? Is that a good thing? Or I couldn't read the face. I didn't know if it was reshing. This sounds great. We'll be out here till one o'clock. Coming out and say hi.
Speaker 3: You're listening to Gary and Shannon on demand from KFI AM six forty.
Speaker 2: Chris has his computer here. Yeah, Chris is pretending like he's working out him No, no, no, I didn't say his last name or anything like that. Okay, Chris put these on.
Speaker 1: Although, like nobody gets outed anymore because working from home as a thing, like everybody does it all the time.
Speaker 2: Yeah, this is like home, right, Yeah, all right, Chris, I heard a little bit about your story. So you're up here right, yeah, because of us, right, and we appreciate that. Yeah, but you're from Altadena. Yeah, explain to me what life is like in Altadena.
Speaker 4: Oh man, it's pretty tough. My whole family's from there. My grandpa by that's a dinner Raal house. I moved in right before the fire happened, and you know, I had my kids and stuff, and yeah, we have to evacuate and everything, and it's been pretty tough.
Speaker 2: What's it what's it like? Have you been able to go back at all in the neighborhood.
Speaker 4: No, we're still not in my in my.
Speaker 2: Does anybody here work for La County?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Good lord? So I bet I bet La County worked well in nineteen eighty four too. Okay, so the house is still standing.
Speaker 4: Yes, Uh, there's a lot of damage with the wind, you know, the gutter fell, the gates, damage, just smoking the house everything. We're fighting with the insurance family. I'm staying with my dad in Arkadia right now.
Speaker 1: Okay. Yeah, and then you're the rest of your family, They saying with other family members.
Speaker 4: Are no me and my kids?
Speaker 1: Your kids?
Speaker 2: Hold?
Speaker 1: Are your kids?
Speaker 4: One and three.
Speaker 2: Oh wow, yeah yeah. So who's more frustrating to work with a one year old the insurance company or LA County?
Speaker 4: Definitely the insurance people. Really, yes, yes, I mean it's there there, You pay all this money for it when you know, real quick to take your money, but then when you need help, it's always all we got looking at it is right?
Speaker 1: Everything takes forever?
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah. When we were at the National Park, there was a conference going on and it was it was a conference for insurance people and they were from Texas and they were like on a vacation and they were like partying in the hotel room or whatever. And I was like, is this my premium at work?
Speaker 4: Exactly?
Speaker 1: Freaking people like having a party for their first quarter or whatever. Yeah, it's criminal the way insurance companies operate.
Speaker 2: Yes, it really is.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's tough.
Speaker 2: What's the plan for you guys? What's do you have a timeline as to when you can get back in there?
Speaker 4: What's now that we had to get an attorney. Attorney issued them a letter saying, hey, we need this paid out. Da da da da da. They came back and said, oh, you know what, we're going it's in an industrial hygienist over to the house to check the house off. So yeah, you know how it goes. So it's just taking a day by day and just trying my best.
Speaker 2: Well, I hope that you I hope that you enjoy today. I hope it's a break for you. I appreciate it. Yeah, it's a pleasure to be here. Thanks for coming. Good luck now, good luck Chris from Alta Dino. Yeah, we we've talked many times. You know, we have people that we work with. I think everybody probably has somebody that's that was affected by those fires, and you know, the small baby steps that we take to recover from that. The fact that PCH reopened today is a big deal. But still, if you live in the Palisades or Malibu and and you haven't been able to get back to your house, it's just a it's a mess. So Chris, thanks for coming today. We're we hope that everything works out for you. Thank you.
Speaker 1: So this was an article from the Telegraph. To their credit, it does come under the banner of health, but here's the headline. The best time to brush your teeth, eat breakfast and set your alarm. Now to me, this would be something that's taught at kindergarten. Like why grown as adult would be reading an article about when is best to brush your teeth and eat breakfast? Is beyond me? Are we that broken as a people? Then we need somebody to tell us to brush our freaking teeth when we wake up and to eat breakfast when you're hungry. M M.
Speaker 2: And I also think that there's a there's a sense of if you have a bad day, you want to be able to blame it on something. So we'll go down a list of reasons why you can blame it on something other than you're just living a miserable life at this moment. There's a study this is when to set your alarm? They studied this when to set your alarm?
Speaker 1: Good Lord?
Speaker 2: A study by the University of Westminster found that people who wake up between five twenty two in the morning and seven twenty one. Am anybody here between five twenty two and seven twenty one? All right, we we have higher levels of stress hormone cortisol than if we slept till seven twenty two. So they say set your alarm at seven twenty two.
Speaker 1: You know, how much do you think they pay for these studies. We could have done this study here at Bravery today.
Speaker 2: They also say, shy, thats over.
Speaker 1: That ten to fifteen grand you're paying for the study banner on your.
Speaker 2: Ear there we could buy around forevery.
Speaker 1: You're damn right, we coup.
Speaker 2: They were more likely to suffer from muscle aches, colds, and headaches, and they had worse moods if you wake up before seven twenty one.
Speaker 1: You know what, There's so much that goes along with this though. It's not just waking up between those hours that affect your cortisol levels, which is just basically stress. It's what's going on in your life, what's going on with your health, what's going on with everybody around you and their health and your their life, and do you have a roof? And do you have food. It's like, there's so much more than what time you wake up, which is why I think these studies are ridiculous. You know what I mean, Like, yeah, okay, that's why my cortisol level is down is because I woke up at seven twenty one, right, Because.
Speaker 2: I'm saying that people want to find an excuse for having a bad day. Okay, Now, when do you brush your teeth? You brush your teeth right when you wake up. You brush your teeth after breakfast, after a cup of coffee.
Speaker 1: It should be right when you wake up, especially, you know, if you want a little action. You know what I mean.
Speaker 2: The dentist.
Speaker 1: You can't be kissing that pretty wife with that mouth. I mean if you didn't brush your teeth. If you brush your teeth, then it's fine.
Speaker 2: You didn't ignore the part where you said I had a pretty mouth. Did you say, okay, I can't get well, pretty wife with that mouth? Got it? I heard pretty mouth?
Speaker 1: Your mouth disgusting.
Speaker 2: I've heard that a lot in my life, and I just there's a dentist that told this the telegraph. You should be You could be scouring away dental enamel if you brush too soon after you eat, So wait until well after breakfast, like four o'clock. Pan.
Speaker 1: That's my worst problem. I had like three root canals in two hours. I'm really worried when the enamel is going.
Speaker 2: To be What is wrong with your faith teeth?
Speaker 1: Sorry, they say it's genetic, isn't I don't know.
Speaker 2: So we can get mom on the horn, I don't.
Speaker 1: Know, or the bartender she decided to have sex with the true story.
Speaker 2: True, all true. Yeah, a little too early, though, guys say, don't laugh. This is a lot. You're bringing out a lot here. This isn't a therapy session. Why do I need therapy?
Speaker 1: I think it's great.
Speaker 2: Why do I need therapy? Everything's fine, Just.
Speaker 1: Letting you know your one night stands could have effects.
Speaker 2: They could be very successful women right down the road.
Speaker 1: Do you think I'm close to some sort of breakdown?
Speaker 2: It sounds like it. A study of more than one hundred thousand people have found that eating breakfast after nine am increases your risk of type two diabetes. Oh, come on, nothing else we're doing here increases your type two diabetes risk.
Speaker 1: That's exactly my point. It's like, it's like if you're just taking this.
Speaker 2: One metric, so they say eat before, eat your breakfast before eight am, and then work. If you want good sleep and you want to lose weight, work out in the morning. Okay, if you're more interested in muscle gains, workout in the afternoon.
Speaker 1: But don't you have to increase your muscle to lose weight. I don't ever remember muscle.
Speaker 2: There's weighs more than fat.
Speaker 1: But the muscle, like, doesn't it eat away? At the fat or something.
Speaker 2: Why are you doing that to me? Oh my god?
Speaker 1: Okay, so this is funny, quick story, quick story you.
Speaker 2: Want to do when we come back.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it yeah. It involves my husband getting very mad at me because of something that we do.
Speaker 2: That we do yeah, oh okay, it involves breasts.
Speaker 1: Okay, yeah, that's a good tease.
Speaker 2: It is all right, Okay, we're we're live today at Bravery Brewing in Lancaster. We'll be out here until one o'clock.
Speaker 1: Not your breast and not my breast, just general general breast, proverbial breast group press.
Speaker 2: Got it, everyone's suppressed. Gary and Shannon will be back right after this. You've been listening to the Gary and Shannon Show. You can always hear us live on KFI AM six forty nine am to one pm every Monday through Friday, and anytime on demand on the iHeartRadio ap