Speaker 1: Get ready for.
Speaker 2: December fourth, twenty twenty four, allegedly according to that thing we call a calendar. This is the Ocell Effective course. And you know that because you found it. You don't find my show unless you really want to. And it is Wednesday, and I'm more than happy to have the return of a guest that I haven't had on often enough. Now, could we go into the news with this guest? Absolutely? Could we go into the news that you're not hearing with this guest. Surely I could talk to him about this, you know, this story that's captivating part of the corporate media at the moment regarding the healthcare guy, the guy from US Healthcare who was killed by somebody. They're trying to hunt him down in New York. It's craziness, yes, But then again, I could also discuss the healthcare system and what's going on and exactly where he might see things. An intelligent guy, a guy who might be connected to a couple of colleges, actually interesting political history from the state of New Jersey. At one point, no longer living there because who can afford to live there anymore? That's why I'm not there. But anyway, you know, why is he so interesting. Well, he was the first third party candidate to get matching funds and get himself on the debate stages with guess what the two corporate parties and actually have to be a thorn in their side in the governor's.
Speaker 3: Race in New Jersey. Not an easy task because.
Speaker 2: I don't remember who else ever did it, and libertarian by the way, And also he's got a sub stack and many other things that I'd love for him to tell you about.
Speaker 3: Murray Sabran, how are you doing, sir?
Speaker 2: First of all, and secondly, I want to find out what else you're up to besides the substack, which is constantly running, and you guys ought to go and search it out, and I'll give you a link in the show notes so you can go and hook up and subscribe to substack.
Speaker 3: But how are you doing tonight, sir?
Speaker 4: I'm doing great, Chuck. It's great to be with you again.
Speaker 5: It's been quite a while since we've chatted about the major issues of the day, and there's a lot to uncover here because we just had an election. The Republicans to control over of the Senate, barely have control over the House, and it's going to be interesting to see what Trump will be doing once he raises his right hand and gets sworn in as the forty seventh president in January twentieth.
Speaker 3: Well, see, and there's the fun part. Right.
Speaker 2: It's been a month, but I'm telling you, I'm observing what's happening regarding the let's say, the libertarian contingent in the country right where they kind of shifted over a lot of them just went well, we like the Republican candidate this time.
Speaker 3: I mean so much so.
Speaker 2: The guess what, Bobby Kennedy, who is now going to work with the Trump administration, and Donald Trump were both invited to the Libertarian convention even when the candidate was being selected for the Libertarian party. That was all happening, And nowadays it looks to me like you could almost fold most libertarians. I run into into the MAGA set with absolutely no skepticism whatsoever.
Speaker 3: Do you notice that too, I wonder, Well, here's.
Speaker 5: My take on this whole political situation. Since Iran for governor in nineteen ninety seven and subsequently rant for the US Senate as a Republican a few years later, When people ask me do you support such and such a candidate? I said, you're asking me the wrong question. You should be asking me what policies of the candidate do you support?
Speaker 4: Which ones he oppose?
Speaker 5: And I do that with Trump because there are certain things I support that he wants to do, there are certain things I really dislike that he wants to do, and then I do my substack to point out the strengths and weaknesses of his agenda. And that's what I think a good analyst does is that you don't say you you don't give anyone a blanket a blank check. In politics, you have to really discern what the issues are and are they consistent with the oath of office, which is to defend the Constitution. And for my take, Chuck, most of what the federal government does is not authorized by Article one, Section eight.
Speaker 2: See And that's why I love talking to guys like you and Jacob Hornberger who's from the Future for Freedom Foundation but also he was actually a candidate briefly Libertarian Party this year, also presented at Lancer Jacob. But you know, you guys actually do the analysis. It's not just acquiescence immediately like almost like what doesn't matter, I'll just check all the boxes down the line. You actually think about this individually and go over yes, indeed, okay, this is where there's a positive, this is where there's a negative. And it's not even personal, which I find funny because it seems like American politics is more about the personality anymore, yep, and the personal rights. It is literally like a popularity contest, even more than it was in those nineties there where ninety seven is the year, like you said that you got on the you know, on the line there in Jersey and we're the legitimate third party candidate and wow, how things have changed since then?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 5: Well, the think the point I've been making to people since I ran as a third party candidate and was.
Speaker 4: The first third party candidate to get.
Speaker 5: Matching funds and be under debate state with the governor Whitman and state senator and mayor Jim McGreevey, who was elected a governor four years later. The point I keep on making to people is you don't have to win as a third party candidate to affect change. I wrote an article many many decades ago in about the nineteen twelve Socialist Party platform, and virtually all of it has been enacted, and we've never had a Socialist Party president or a Socialist Party Congress. And so what happens is third party's float ideas, they get debated, they lay dormant for a while, and then the Democrats or Republicans pick up those ideas.
Speaker 4: Usually the Democrats pick up.
Speaker 5: The crazy ideas of the left wing parties in the United States.
Speaker 4: And so to give you an example of what.
Speaker 5: I accomplished, even though I had a very short campaign, it was only six weeks since we were given the okay to get the matching funds.
Speaker 4: Until the election, I campaigned on getting rid of the fifty five speed limit.
Speaker 5: Believed we still had a New jerseyineteen ninety seven, and I said, we need to have a sixty five speed limit because the term New Jersey Turnpike and the Garden State Parkway Route eighty which is an interstate, our ninety five are all made to be driven at sixty five miles an hour. And Whitman emmigrieb who were posed to it because their focus group said Senior City this is wanted to keep the fifty five speed limit, and so they said, no, we got to keep the fifty five speed limit. Well after the election, six months later, Whitman increased the speed limit to sixty five because I.
Speaker 4: Think people said it's sabering.
Speaker 5: Made sense about having a sixty five speed limit, That's one example.
Speaker 3: It actually made a practical sense. I witnessed this.
Speaker 2: So I want to just comment really fast, is that it truly to drive at that lower speed on the Parkway, especially where I always lived off of the Parkway, was unsafe considering what we had going on there and the turnpike. For the interstate travelers that the trucks and stuff, they if they were trying to travel below that speed, it was actually causing problems. I know that sounds counterintuitive to some people, but it really was.
Speaker 3: I think that it improved.
Speaker 2: Things when the speed limit was raised immediately because it just was safer. It allowed traffic to flow in a more sensible way. Now that might have been according to the design, or it might have been according to the way society had moved differently by then. You know, in the nineteen seventies, maybe the fifty five speed limit made sense, but by the time he got to the nineties, it did not, you know. So and senior citizens, look, they're a strong, you know, a strong voice, especially in Jersey. There there was anyway I'm not sure about today, but there was a high senior population and they were always politically active in Jersey, for sure. I've heard in other states as well. Not so sure about Georgia where I'm sitting now. It's a very different landscape here, but I mean where they are very, very strong, and they raise up their voices. They get heard, for sure, but they're not always right. Regardless of what it is they want done, it may not be best for everyone, you know, and politicians sometimes they tend to pander to one group or another. And we've got a problem here as opposed to them doing what's best for the majority of the people or for the general situation. Sometimes they're just pandering to the groups that they feel they need to get elected. And there is the biggest problem. But you were right, you were dead on right then. And of course they later on get forced into it, probably from some other study, some other group of things. And of course once the votes are cast, well, you don't really got to keep your promises, do you. So you know, here we go, and I say all these things to incite you just a touch, but go ahead and continue with your train of thought that you are on.
Speaker 5: Well, there are other issues that I campaigned on that resonate to some degree and eventually got inactive. One of the big issues in nineteen ninety seven was automobile insurance, which we had very high rates in the Jersey maybe the highest rates in the country, and we had a very highly regulated insurance automobile insurance industry, And I said, listen, Jimmy Carter, when he was president in the late six seventies, derelated a lot of the major industries in the country and that helped set off the boom of the nineteen eighties and nineties as we got more competition and lower prices in various industries. So I said, let's deregulate automobile insurance and we'll have major caloriers come into the state who had left the state because of the onerous regulations. And Whitman a Republicans, supposedly the party stood for limited government and free enterprise.
Speaker 4: She couldn't do it. Four years later, when Jim McGreevey.
Speaker 5: Was elected a Democrat, he derelated the automobile insurance industry.
Speaker 4: Geico came in and some other companies came in, and auto rates came down. And I don't think there's been a problem ever since.
Speaker 5: Another example of how you explain things as a common sense alternative to the.
Speaker 4: Regulatory mechanisms that were in place.
Speaker 5: Another issue, which sounds really quaint today is that the issue of medical marijuana was on the table and I of course was in favor of it as a libertarian, that people should be able to use whatever substance they and their doctor think his best course of treatment. And of course the Republican and the Democrats were opposed to it. And so today I don't think any state doesn't have medical marijuana. So in fact, many states have the regulated marijuana use altogether. So you don't have to be a political French candidate to make a point that eventually becomes a sort of a consensus.
Speaker 4: View in the country.
Speaker 5: In addition, here's a more personal aspect of the campaign. One day I came home from teaching and there was a note in my male box with the mail from a sergeant in town saying you violated sex and so section of the ordinance town oridents that you cannot have a political son in your own property. Well, I called up the campaign attorney. He went to the Superior court and the judge threw it out as a gross violation of our.
Speaker 4: First Amendment rights.
Speaker 5: And so that's part of case law in New Jersey that you're allowed to have a political sign on your own law and your own private property. So it struck a blow for free speech and private property rights.
Speaker 2: And that is interesting because I mean people today, certainly, if you were born after say the year two thousand, you can't even imagine a landscape anywhere that doesn't contain these signs, right, yeah, But Jersey used to have some tough regulations that were brought in and I don't know what the point of some of them were, but things like that are weird. I mean, think about that, you own a piece of property, well, you know, so long as you're not causing a hazard for other people, right, right, you should be to do with what you choose, it seems to me, but not everybody sees it that way, right for the good of the community, et cetera. And that is another aspect of this. So all right, and that's the thing, common sense stuff. This is what you talk about, and this is what you write about all the time, and not just getting swept up into the you know, the cheerleading kind of stand where you just you know, absolutely accept everything coming from well, you know, this is just the lesser of two evils. Let's just go with that. I think that's gotten to us in a lot. It gotten us into a lot of trouble in this country in general, accepting leaders and their positions and some of their actions, some of.
Speaker 3: The things they've been acted as well, this is the lesser of two evils.
Speaker 2: You know, can't we go for a higher standard than that, don't you want to?
Speaker 3: Right?
Speaker 4: Well? Yeah, Well, here's the thing with the Democrats.
Speaker 5: At one time, they were peace pro civil liberties, a common sense approach to governing. Of course, they believed in a big welfare state, but even that, they were gung ho in terms of supporting every single position in terms of spending money. Now the Democrats have become the biggest proponents of the welfare warfare state, and a lot of Republicans are in that camp also.
Speaker 4: And so that's why I'm writing this.
Speaker 5: Article for a book, which would be a collection of essays on taxation. And my approach is that we need a constitutional budget, federal budget. We haven't had it in my lifetime since I came to this country in nineteen forty nine. As a toddler, and I've seen the country as I became aware of the laws of the United States, that we've gone far away from Article one, Section eight, which outlines very clearly what are the authorized activities of the federal government.
Speaker 4: And you look at the federal budget could article on section eight.
Speaker 5: It is a big disconnect because most of the government spending.
Speaker 4: On welfare, on military, on foreign aid are just not authorized.
Speaker 5: And the people who want an expansive government hang their hat on the general welfare clause. But as James Madison wrote, the father of the Constitution is that the federal government's responsibilities are few and defined, which is Article on, section eight, while the states have indefinite responsibilities based upon their own constitutions. So that's the thesis of a theme of my article. And I am about two thirds done, and I should have it done next week and the book should be published next year. And what I'm going to talk about is how we can get rid of the income tax, even though the federal government is authorized to have an income tax because they mended the Constitution in nineteen thirteen. We got the sixteenth a mend which gave the federal government the authority to have.
Speaker 4: An income tax.
Speaker 5: Just as the prohibitionists realized they couldn't prohibit alcohol, they had to amend the constitution. That's how we got the eighteenth Amendment. And so the Constitution has been amended in order for people who have an agenda that they realized they couldn't pass by law. They had to amend the constitution because the Constitution had very strict limits on the government. But people like beginning with Alexander Hamilton and going all the way through other presidents till today, they think the federal government can do literally anything.
Speaker 4: In fact, in my piece I wrote, I write, can the federal government tax us to one hundred percent? Because if you believe the general welfare crowd, why shouldn't the government tax us one hundred percent if it's quote for the general welfare? Or why shouldn't the government spend all our money.
Speaker 5: And collectivize the economy or nationalize the economy in the name of the general welfare? The reductial at absurdum of the general welfare clause. People who think that the Constitution gives the government an open ended right to tax us to one hundred percent, there'd be no constitutional objection to that, because they can claim that it's needed for a national emergency or war or a better economic condition, so they could rationalize anything. And that's why we need to focus on the Constitution as binding on the federal government, and therefore the government should only do what's authorized. And so what I'm hoping to do in this article is to quote raise people's consciousness about what the Constitution is all about. Since when I became a US citizen in nineteen fifty nine, I raised my right hand in the Federal Courthouse and swore to defend the Constitution. So I think I've done my part for the last sixty five years to.
Speaker 4: Defend the Constitution.
Speaker 5: From the statist who want to just expand the federal government. And that's why we have a thirty six trillion dollar national debt, a seven trillion dollar national budget with a two.
Speaker 4: Trillion dollar.
Speaker 5: A trillion dollar deficit, and it's not going to get better, I don't think unless Trump and the Musk and the Veck come up with solid spending cuts in order to downsize the government and remove these programs, either entirely by abolishing them or saying the states, if you want to do this, if you want to tax your own people, to do subsidies to the arts, subsidies to green energy, go ahead and do it, because we at the federal level have no authority to do all these things. So that's I think the essence of what the debate should be in this country is what are the responsibilities of the federal government and how much money should we should spend on that? And the interesting thing is when I do the research, when I've been doing the research for this article, when the Constitution was first implemented, or I should say, when the federal government got on the way in seventeen eighty nine, there were only four cabinet departments, the State Department, the Treasury Department, of the War Department, which became the Defense Department in nineteen forty seven, and the Post Office.
Speaker 4: And the Attorney General was part of the cabinet.
Speaker 5: But there was no Department of Justice, which came around in the nineteenth century. So if the federal gun could function with only four departments at the beginning of our life of the republic, then why do we need Agriculture, Commerce, Housing and Urban Development HHS? Because the federal government has gotten to areas that the free market or the nonprofit sector should be dealing with and I've been writing about this for decades, that we need to get back to a constitutional republic, and that means people understanding what Art one, Section eight is all about. In in addition to Tenth Amendment, and you have the Tenth Amendment Center.
Speaker 4: They did great work.
Speaker 5: People just read that, they will realize that the federal government really has we have an unconstitutional federal government totally spending and therefore we need to reassess and do a reset.
Speaker 4: To you use a word from the world. They could have a form we need to.
Speaker 5: Reset the federal government, and that I think is doable as if people understand the nature of government and what it means to have a free society, a limit government, and a free enterprise economy.
Speaker 3: See.
Speaker 2: Now consolidation is going to become an issue here too, because it's going to require some to you know, in order to make things more efficient. Homeland security, a lot of people would argue, has become far too expansive, far too you know, diversified. You have seventeen different agencies, right, yeah, which are you know, allegedly.
Speaker 3: Under that umbrella.
Speaker 2: But no one would argue that homeland security is not an issue for the federal government to have to well participate in, and yet I think it's gotten way out of control. There's probably a lot of redundancy and reduction that could be done there. I don't know how I feel about Rami Swami and Musk though going in there and the priorities that they're going to set. I'm not certain about that. These guys are the people to figure out how to do that, you know, taking a look at their own personal actions, I don't really have a good indicator in my mind as to where it is they're going to take this.
Speaker 3: What are your thoughts on that?
Speaker 4: Well, I think the.
Speaker 5: Short answer is, well, maybe the long answer is the foremost responsibility of the federal government is to protect the nation from attack and to protect the borders so we know exactly who's coming into the and that is the foremost responsibility. And if you can't do that, then anything else that you do is really disingenuous because protecting the people from attack.
Speaker 4: Mayors and police have that responsibility. At a local level.
Speaker 5: At the state level, you have state police and the governor of states to make sure that the.
Speaker 4: People throughout the state are protected.
Speaker 5: So again, police protection, national defense, and I underline the word defense, which doesn't mean protecting the borders of other countries is the primary responsibility of the federal government. So having said that, you could have homeland security under the Defense Department and just make sure that the border is secure, I think that's just again a common sense notion that we want to make sure that people come into the country. Like my family came to the country in August nineteen forty nine. My father was fully vetted in West Germany where we were living at the time. They were refugees from Poland in nineteen forty six when they came to a West Germany from Poland, and he was vetted to made sure we didn't have any illnesses, to made sure that he was not a quarter subversive, but because he was coming from Poland, which had been taken over by the Communists, so if they wanted to make sure he wasn't affiliated with any communist organization. And so he told me he was thoroughly vetted before we came here, and we got papers from his great aunt and first cousin who came to America.
Speaker 4: His first cousin.
Speaker 5: Before us, and his great aunt, I guess at the turn of the century, who raised his mother by the way, in America, which is another fascinating story. So again there's ways that people can come to America seamlessly. Go to the American consulate in your home country, apply for travel to the United States, make sure you have a sponsor like we did, that would provide you with resources so you can come here, or a nonprofit provide you with the resources so you don't become a burden on the American people. And that's the way I think people have come to America for a long long time. And when the country was young in the nineteenth century, I don't think you needed a past, but even come to America, people just came because the country was growing. There was an incredible amount of opportunity with land and other opportunities here, and so that's the great wave of migration in the eighteen forties with the Irish and the East Europeans and Asians in the second half of the nineteenth century, and then there were restrictions on immigration in the nineteen twenties and thirties.
Speaker 4: So it's a fascinating story.
Speaker 5: And fortunately we were able to come to America after World War Two, and so my parents didn't want to stay in Europe anymore, since all their family members were killed during World War Two in Poland, and so they decided to come to America. And since my father's mother grew up in America and went back to Poland got Marrick raised the family and was killed during the war, he figured, let's go to America and enjoy the benefits of what America had to offer. And as he told me, he came to America with one hundred and fifty dollars in his pocket.
Speaker 3: Right. And you wrote about this in a book, didn't you?
Speaker 4: Correct?
Speaker 5: My memoir, my latest book, which was published two years ago. And the wonderful thing about that book is it takes the reader through not only the timeline from coming to America nineteen forty nine until the nineteen ninety seven comatorial campaign, but my political journey, if you will, my philosophical journey from a liberal Democrat in the nineteen sixties to a libertarian in the early seventies and flirting with the Republican Party as well. And so I became a libertarian. Is reading about the history of the country in greater detail than I did as a history major as an undergraduate, and meeting great libertarians along the way. In the seventies like mister Libertarian himself, Murray Rothbart and others in the libertarian movement.
Speaker 4: L with a small L and.
Speaker 5: I had great hopes for the Libertarian Party, but unfortunately it hasn't lived up to it what it could have been, which is a really powerful force in American politics. And I saw this firsthand in New Jersey because the way we raised enough money to get the matching funds is that we had a copywriter send a letter to excuse me libertarians around the country and we raised one hundred and fifty thousand dollars two weeks before the deadline to apply for the matching funds excuse me. And so that's how we're able to make a dent in the two party system in nineteen ninety seven, and that momentum wasn't carried through by the Libertarian Party. And the interesting thing about that year, this is where strategy comes in.
Speaker 4: In nineteen ninety seven.
Speaker 5: There were only two Gubnato races in the country, New Jersey and Virginia, so the attention of American politics was on New Jersey and Virginia.
Speaker 4: And since I became.
Speaker 5: The third party candidate that got into the matching in the debates. We were getting national press. I was on the front page of the New York Times, I was interviewed by the Time New York Times, I was on the various national shows. And so again, when you only have a six week campaign, so I could appreciate what Kamala Harris went through since she only had a three month campaign. But she was the worst potential candidate in my lifetime, maybe in all American history.
Speaker 3: See.
Speaker 2: Now that's something I wanted to ask you about, actually regarding this past selection. Okay, and I do keep saying selection it's not a speech impediment, all right, But the thing is, she was a way worse candidate than it seems any of the alleged analysts on the corporate media want to admit.
Speaker 3: She was terrible.
Speaker 2: She was so terrible that she didn't even make it through the primary process when she went up against guess who, Joe Biden, you know, trying to get on anyway, she was just an awful candidate, And I wanted to ask you about that. But something else came up when you mentioned that you were, you know, on the Democratic side, say in the sixties, and that is that you may have indeed been a supporter of Robert Kennedy Senior, you know, when he was making his run. And so I wondered what you might have to say about this guy who was definitely not somebody who would normally be in the Republican Party joining the Trump administration, you know, and now going into that, because there's been a lot of talk about it, and on my show there was talk about it because well, now we're finally going to get files released and all this kind of stuff. We're going to get transparency on JFK's assassination because Bobby Kennedy.
Speaker 3: Junior is there.
Speaker 2: But there's a whole lot more to it, because Bobby made a lot more sense and I do mean Junior made a lot more sense going to the Libertarian Convention in my mind than did Donald Trump.
Speaker 3: But they were both invited.
Speaker 2: And I wonder if you could speak to this kind of shift that occurred, because obviously you witnessed it. The Democratic Party in the sixties does not resemble the Democratic Party here in the twenty twenties. They are not even recognizable between each other in my mind, and the Republican Party from the nineties is not recognizable to the MAGA influence party of today. Now that could just be my sentimentality getting at me. But maybe i'm, you know.
Speaker 3: Again, not too far off. What are your thought thoughts about that?
Speaker 2: Again, I know you're going to look at the individual and you're going to weigh and measure everything. And obviously, Kamala Harris, if you believe in libertarian principles at all, Kamala is not your candidate.
Speaker 3: We know that. Okay, it's just it's obvious. But what are your thoughts about that?
Speaker 2: The transition from the parties and also the fact that there's this denial out there about exactly how bad of a candidate Kamala Harris was.
Speaker 3: Those two things if you wouldn't mind, well, I.
Speaker 5: Think it's fascinating if you look at the Democratic candidates from JFK to the president. I think the shift occurred with the first baby boomer president, which was Bill Clinton, who brought a lot of baggage to his candidacy in terms of his personal sexual escapades as a governor of Arkansas and allegations of rape, and so the fact that he was able to survive his presidency with all these allegations, and then you had his acolytes get on CNN at the time and other news shows and basically downplay the accusations against him, even though he paid I think Paula Jones eight hundred and fifty thousand dollars for some sexual activity that she claimed he was involved with her, namely forcing her to engage in sex. So I think that was the turning point in nineteen ninety two nineteen ninety six. And Clinton, we have to remember, was elected twice with less than fifty percent of the vote. I think forty three percent the first time and I think a little bit more of the second time. So he was a minority president in both elections and.
Speaker 3: On parole once by the way, So yeah.
Speaker 5: I mean Paro got nineteen percent and then nine percent, so he lost a lot of votes the second time around.
Speaker 4: But I think Bill Clinton sort.
Speaker 5: Of set the stage for a president no matter what his personal baggage is. Even though he lied on their oath and that's why he was impeached and not convicted by the Senate, he was able to get away with it. And and again the defensive Clinton was really absolutely uh stunning that that his activities were sort of discounted by the by the media, by his acolytes in the Democratic Party. So when you go to two thousand Gore, Gore basically distanced himself from Clinton, and he lost. And then John Kerry was a very poor candidate. And then comes along Obama, the first truly African American candidate, and people just gushed over him. There was a financial crisis, and again you had a terrible report candidate John McCain.
Speaker 4: He was just an awful candidate. He was basically saying, well, let's bomb Iran.
Speaker 5: Remember he used the song from the sixties Barbara Ann bomb Bomb.
Speaker 4: Bomb Iran. And he made Barry Goldwater look.
Speaker 5: I think like a peacenik in terms of his persona, that we should bomb Iran. So then then you get two terms of Obama and then you get Hillary Clinton. It's her turn to run for president, and she was an awful candidate and she lost because she didn't connect with people.
Speaker 4: I think people didn't like her.
Speaker 5: I think she didn't offer anything that of substance, and so she couldn't become Obama's third term. And then you get COVID in twenty nineteen, the election of Trump, who people thought would never have a chance against her because people thought his candidacy was a week. But I was on a radio show a week before the election in Connecticut and I said, given the crowds and the enthusiasm that is being.
Speaker 4: Reported, I think he's going to win. And of course he won.
Speaker 5: He won many of the blue states that supposedly she was going to win. So then COVID comes along and Joe Biden throws his hat in the ring, and what you get is a very weak candidate who comes in fifth in New Hampshire primary. Have someone who comes in fifth in New Hampshire primary gets the nomination because he goes to South Carolina and Congressman climber rallies all the minority voters in there, and he wins there, and then the rest is history.
Speaker 4: He wins the nomination.
Speaker 5: Because Bernice Sanders couldn't get any traction either, Warren, The.
Speaker 3: Thing was written really fast.
Speaker 2: Here is again, I think it was underestimated exactly how bad of a candidate she was.
Speaker 3: I mean, I famously said on this show. The only thing that made sense to me.
Speaker 2: Is that, you know, she was such a bad candidate that if the CIA stole the election, for nobody would buy it, you know, like we'd all know it was bs and that's why they couldn't stick her in there. I mean, because that's what it felt like, is that it was like an automatic thing. Even say a couple of weeks before, you know, the Democrats practically had the attitude of, well, there's no way this clown's going to beat us, and she was so bad of a candidate that yeah, and I couldn't find an honesty, goodness Hillary supporter to come on my show if they weren't working for the for the candidacy. There was no way, no independent, like somebody was excited about her being president? Could I find to come on the show. Nobody?
Speaker 4: You know, you know, you know it's really ironic. Chuck, you who elected.
Speaker 5: Donald Trump president in twenty sixteen, tell me Barack Obama nice.
Speaker 4: Because if Biden was.
Speaker 5: Obama's VP, he would think that Obama would give the nod to Biden as the as the candidate. But Hillary Clinton wanted it so badly and she thought she would win against Trump, who railroaded in the primary.
Speaker 4: I think what happened.
Speaker 5: I think Hillary Clinton had stuff on Obama because she must have ties to the FBI and CIA because she was first Lady, so she probably has people in those two organizations that had stuff with Obama, and he stayed neutral in the race. Or I think he supported Hillary but Obama. But Joe didn't run because, ye, well, the public the public reason was that his son had just died, and he didn't want to run soon after his son died, But his son really wanted him to.
Speaker 4: Both wanted him to run for president.
Speaker 5: And so I think Biden would have beaten Trump in twenty sixteen because he would have run the blue states.
Speaker 3: Well, see, that's the weird thing.
Speaker 2: That was an aberration because normally, it was just sort of a given that if you had a president who served two terms, who would run that next time around? Right, the guy who was with him, the vice president, would come out and run.
Speaker 3: It was just the normal thing to do.
Speaker 2: We saw that with you know, Bush, We saw that with Al Gore. He was, you know, the logical next running president would be the previous vice president if they had served two terms.
Speaker 3: Right, That was normal. And that was the weird thing.
Speaker 2: It was sort of like Obama got behind Hillary, not behind Biden, And okay, that was a weird sort of you know, Okay, so my son just died and a lot of people would have to say, look, if that's the real reason, Okay, you know, maybe you're not ready because it shakes you to lose a child, all right, sympathetically you could say that, but to me, it was still way too out of order. It was like clear that Hillary had this juice that was going to get her over, and the party treated her like there's no reason, you know, they meetcapped Bernie Sanders. He had an honest to goodness enthusiastic following. I mean even when I took calls, like I said, I'd never get a Hillary supporter, but I could occasionally get a Bernie supporter to come on the show or to call in or something. But nobody was enthusiastically not among the regular public was enthusiastically like, yeah, I want Hillary in there. No, it just wasn't there. And I think it's again because she, like you said, she made no connections. She should have gone with the grandma angle.
Speaker 3: You know what I mean.
Speaker 2: I'm a grandmother, I'm a great person, I'm a mom. She used none of those human things to say, you know what, I'm part of the fabric of America.
Speaker 3: I'm one of you. She didn't do any of that nothing.
Speaker 4: Well, it just shows you her arrogance.
Speaker 5: And the thing that really is interesting about twenty sixteen is that Trump didn't think he was going to win. I stayed up all night to watch the election returns, and when it was announced that he won, he came on the stage and I said to myself, he's just was elected president, and he's probably saying to himself, holy shit, I'm president.
Speaker 4: What am I going to do now?
Speaker 3: Right?
Speaker 5: And he picked the worst choices for his cabinet and for his advisors, and that shows you that he was not ready. He had no transition in place. He didn't have anything in place, so he wasn't vetting any people to find out who were the best people for these key positions. And he brought a lot of the neo cons into his administration, and that's what I think her them. In addition, he hurt himself badly with COVID because when Fauci told them, oh, all these millions of people are going to die if you don't have a lockdown, and he had the lockdown for two weeks, and then the governor's piggyback on that, and then you had lockdowns throughout the country except in Florida and some other places. He should have said to Fauci, you know what, this is such an issue of monumental importance. I think we need to convene a form to get people's perspectives on this issue. Because to have one person in the federal government or Fauci and Bricks, two people in the federal government mandate what should occur regarding healthcare.
Speaker 4: It is preposterous.
Speaker 5: So he really blew that opportunity to say, listen, I really want to have more voices on this issue, even though you're telling me really direst consequences if we don't like down the country, which of course didn't work. And now let's realize that the six feet this ends the masks. And of course the so called vaccine I never believed in because vaccines take years and years to develop.
Speaker 4: It doesn't take place in less than a year.
Speaker 5: And so now people are getting shots every three months six months, which is absurd. And so I think Trump has to be held accountable for making I think egregious decisions that really harmed the country. Because Sweden didn't lock down, and the results of Sweden were much better than countries that did.
Speaker 4: Lock down, there's a lot of evidence.
Speaker 5: Out there about it, and of course now we're seeing illnesses come up. Cancer is spiking all over the country in Mayo, karaditis against among young people. So there are a lot of bad things happening with this shot. And it was predictable based upon some people's analysis of the MR and VAC scene or the so called vaccine. So again, and of course, by not being in the primaries this time around, for his perspective, Trump did the right thing by staying out of the primaries because if you were in the primaries, he could be attacked for.
Speaker 4: His COVID policies.
Speaker 5: The question is would Christy and Santas and Nikki Hally attack him for that or would they just go along with the establishment narrative that what Trump did was basically correct.
Speaker 4: So that's one thing I really hold against Trump.
Speaker 5: If you want to be a president of the United States and there's the primary and you don't participate, that is a big f you to the voters. And apparently obviously it didn't hurt him because he still got the nomination, But because I was a candidate in the Republican Party and the Liberty and Party with no primaries. If you want to get the votes of the people, you have to demonstrate why you deserve to be the nominee of the party for whatever office you're seeking. So I think from my perspective, Trump not going to the primary to me is a big negative as far as my perspective on his candidacy because he.
Speaker 4: Think he thought he was entitled to thenomination, he had entitled to the denomination.
Speaker 5: This is this is the mindset of politicians that either they think the public's entitled to other people's money or they think they're entitled to the nomination. So that's why I think he lost a lot of support during the primaries because he didn't get one hundred percent of the vote.
Speaker 4: People wanted an alternative.
Speaker 5: In fact, people wanted an alternative to both Trump and Biden, and we just got half of that alternative change with Kamala Harris, which just shows.
Speaker 4: You how the Democrats were too smart. By half.
Speaker 5: Is Biden should have gotten out of the race a year earlier so he could have a robust primary.
Speaker 4: Right And.
Speaker 5: Again you have to blame his family, You have to blame the republic, the Democratic insiders. They should have said to Biden, listen, thank you for your service. We're going to do all we can to give you a library. But it's time that we have a new generation of leadership. I mean, the guy was declining. We saw that in twenty twenty and by twenty twenty three, he was really declining. And for people not to see it, and for this press every they say he has so much energy here runs ring around us young folks, and it's just a blatant lie. And the media didn't probe this as the way they should. They should have had stories about his cognitive ability. They should have assisted that he have a neurological test, they should have assisted his personal position, have a press conference and go over his physical and mental acuity. And that's transparency. I mean, you're dealing with the most important job in the world, certainly in the United States, and you want tobody there who's got all the faculties together and is physically able to do the job.
Speaker 4: And we now know that Biden.
Speaker 5: I think, and no one has reported on this. I think the reason he spent so much time in Delaware on the weekends is I think he was getting some sort of special therapy, whether it's oxygen therapy or injections or whatever. Because after he came back from Delaware, he seemed to be more sharp and alert.
Speaker 2: Right, Well, we never know exactly what they're going to do behind closed doors like that. But this brings up another issue though for me, And this is something that I really want to get your thoughts on because to me, it's an obscene amount of money that was spent on this presidential campaign. And I do mean, you know, take a look at all sides of this. The amount of money that was raised here is billions of dollars for what is it, the four hundred thousand dollars job.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean really, you think about that.
Speaker 2: If I told you, you know, you have to spend one hundred thousand dollars okay, to get you know, a ten thousand dollars job, You're going to look at me like I'm crazy. But this is billions of dollars being spent for this presidential election. And I don't mean just the ads. I mean they spent a lot of money all across the board. One guy's got merchandise coming out of his ears, fine and dandy. But the amount of money that was spent on this exercise, okay, in elections, I mean, what about that isn't there a way to bring that back, I mean, make it so that money doesn't get I mean, to me, it's a gigantic waste. The amount of people that are suffering in this country versus the amount of money that was spent on this presidential cycle, I mean is insane.
Speaker 3: What are your thoughts about that?
Speaker 4: Well, I've rigged about this years and years ago.
Speaker 5: After the two thousand campaign, when I sawt the republic nomination for the Senate, right, I said, instead of having these dopey thirty second ads, each newspaper in the country should give the candidates a place in the Sunday paper to express their position, and the candidate should go around to town hall meetings in all the states that they want to campaign in and meet the people directly. And the cable company should cover this, and you don't have to spend money on these dopey ads that it wouldn't and you wouldn't have to raise all this money, and all this money that was raised Chuck could have been used to open nonprofit health centers to eventually abolish Medicaid. Because there's a wonderful nonprofit health center here in Naples called the Neighborood Health Clinic. They've been in business for twenty five years. They don't take a penny of tax payer money. It's all voluntary contributions. I helped create one in Bergen County in New Jersey. I support two others in New Jersey, even though we're no longer residents there, but they do such great work and they're basically all on voluntary contributions. That is the American way that if you want to help our.
Speaker 4: Neighbor, we do so through.
Speaker 5: A nonprofit, whether it's Habitat, the Humanity of the Red Cross, the Salvation Army, a SPCA. You just go down the list of how many nonprofits there are that are doing great work. And that's why we should reduce taxes so people can donate to their favorite charities.
Speaker 4: Saint Jews, children that go.
Speaker 5: There and their parents, they don't get a bill even for transportation and stays in the motel or hotel.
Speaker 4: So that's the American way to cancer Hoism.
Speaker 2: The cancer hospital for kids there, Yest Jews right Goohead.
Speaker 5: And the Shriners also, so there are we have everything in place to use the term that's buried about. We have the infrastructure in place to transfer virtually everything the federal government does to the nonprofit sector, whether it's arts organization, so you don't need the national arts policies in the federal government. We have so many nonprofits that are doing great work. So if you reduce people's taxes, they can help support their local nonprofit, whether.
Speaker 6: It be.
Speaker 5: Literary literacy, literacy centers, job training centers, you name it. Because the government can only spend what it taxes the people and what it borrows, what the Federal Reserve prints. That's a whole nother story about the Federal Reserve. But we need to downsize the government and that would free up resources because you have all these people in Washington that are basically paper pushes. They don't create any any any real value to the American people. All they do is collect money and spend the money. But they don't provide any services that could be done at the local level, whether it's food banks, so you don't need food stamps, snap program, and so the list goes on and on of everything that the federal government does in the welfare state can be done with a nonprofit sector.
Speaker 2: Well, there you go, and I urge people to go ahead and subscribe to your substack and you also mentioned to me you've got another thing coming up.
Speaker 3: Now.
Speaker 2: You're a regular guest on a couple of radio shows, So if you want to talk about that or tell people where to find the substack, please do because, believe it or not, we've been talking for almost an hour now, and you know, I want to make sure people know where to find your work. And a lot of these things that we've just heard Murray speak about are discussed constantly on his substack, and I imagine on those radio shows.
Speaker 3: Now.
Speaker 2: I haven't listened to all those, but I have taken note that you're a regular guest in a couple of places, but you also have an upcoming project. So I don't know if you want to mention that, but go ahead and tell people where to find your store.
Speaker 5: I do post at murraysaberint substack dot com. I do a video post now. Instead of writing them out, I just spend five ten minutes on several topics. I link to articles that have much more detailed information about the topics I discussed. So that's Murray Saber dot subsect dot com. Every Wednesday at eleven a m. Eastern time, I'm on Gary Nolan's show in Missouri, he's a libertarian, and we discuss so whatever issue he wants to discuss.
Speaker 4: So today we discussed the economy. What's happening in the economy, And it looks like the Fed Reserve is doing what it always does, lower interest rates in order to stimulate the economy.
Speaker 5: But the economy seems to do fairly well without all the stimulations, So why the Fed is doing that means that one thing that they think the economy is going to get weaked down the road. And historically the Fed lows interest rates when a recession is on the horizon. But no one sees or recession on the horizon yet, so we'll see what happens there. Also, my memoir From Immigrant to Public Intellectual American Story is available on Amazon, and like we discussed earlier, it just gives you a good overview of my journey in America from nineteen forty nine to nineteen ninety.
Speaker 4: Seven, some personal stuff, some.
Speaker 5: Political stuff, and then it's interesting a PostScript in the book about in two thousand, Governor Whitman was going to seek the Republican nomination for the US Senate as I was, and we were going to go head and head in the primary, but she dropped out a year before the primary, and I basically got her out of the race, even though I didn't do anything except I was going to seek the nomination, and I was told by her campaign manager in June of in June of two thousand, she dropped out the Labor Day of ninety nine, that there was a poll done I guess in June of ninety nine that had me a thirty five percent of the vote a year before the primary.
Speaker 4: So it would have been an uphill battle.
Speaker 5: But could you imagine I had knocked off our sitting governor for the Republican nomination for the US Senate, I would probably have been one of the most desired Republican candidates in the country.
Speaker 3: Yeah, for sure.
Speaker 2: Look, you could have met up with Ron Paul at that point and maybe created a great ticket.
Speaker 3: You know, that would have been excellent. Right.
Speaker 2: Anyway, we saw that too. I appreciate Ron Paul, by the way, But again, you know, when the establishment doesn't want you to go forward, a lot of times they make it so. And that is part of the problem. The establishment is not getting the job done for a lot of people, and it's because well, what are they doing but repeating the same mistakes from the past, looks like to me, Murray. So your final thought before I close this out.
Speaker 4: Well, the thing is, I appreciate being on the show.
Speaker 5: And if you go to my substack, I have in my bio section at the bottom of my substack there links to my books. I have six books published. My first book was published thirty years ago this coming January, and how to create a tax free America. So this article is basically an update, a nice summary update of what I proposed in nineteen ninety five in my book on how to Create a tax for America. Then I wrote a book on the Federal Reserve called Why the Federal Reserve Sucks that was published.
Speaker 4: In twenty eighteen. Then I've written two books on healthcare.
Speaker 5: And another one on the business cycle, plus my latest book in my memoir.
Speaker 4: So again, they're all available on Amazon. So I hope people read it.
Speaker 5: They can bundle it up and give it to a young person or a middle aged person and get some ideas about healthcare, the federal Reserve, and how to create a free economy and a limited government in Washington, d C.
Speaker 3: Well, there you go. Limited government.
Speaker 2: That's one thing that seems like you know, my listeners don't have a lot in common, but that's one thing they usually do have in common, is that you know what, this has gotten way too far out of hand and something does need to be done about it.
Speaker 3: Now.
Speaker 2: We may have different solutions in mind, and if we're able to listen to each other and get the best solutions.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 2: And you know, read things like Murray Substack again, murraysabran dot substack dot com.
Speaker 3: Go there, get the books. I'll give you links in the show.
Speaker 1: Notes and have the.
Speaker 3: Views expressed by caller schools.
Speaker 7: There anyone else who happens again on the aera of Jelly dot com if you've not necessarily replied the views of dot com or Kelly and we are not responsible for any stupidity which might in students.
Speaker 6: Do you like history? Real history that you were never taught in schools? Why the Vietnam War, Nuclear Bombs and Nation Building in Southeast Asia by author Mike Swanson, with new documentation never seen before that'll open your eyes to events that led up to this. Why the Vietnam War, Nuclear Bombs and Nation Building in Southeast Asia nineteen forty five through nineteen sixty one. Get your copy today at Amazon dot com Why the Vietnam War by author Mike Swans.
Speaker 8: Something did you compt.
Speaker 1: A ex so the spirit can say?
Speaker 9: Side students says nuclear holocaust?
Speaker 4: You know what uranium is right, called nuclear weapons and other things like lots of you know what uranium is right?
Speaker 1: Bad things?
Speaker 3: Takes a uraniums are bad things? Do youse?
Speaker 7: Expressed by caller school, Is there anyone else who happens to get on the air of jelly dot com if not necessarily replet he views of jelly dot com or jolly and we are not responsible. We're getting stupid, which might.
Speaker 3: Have student you go ahead the truth about the fascination right, well, what do you want to know?
Speaker 2: His wild claim Oswald girlfriends he knew ruby and very handswer weapons. Really, I imagine I could claim I have four wheels. It doesn't make me a wagon.
Speaker 1: But okay, Bilby and trying to present the murder of John Kennedy, come on now, has.
Speaker 10: A real effort on the DAFA assassination Blaim.
Speaker 2: Go to Amazon dot com enter Judith Baker in her own words. You'll get the results for a digital copy of a book where Walt Brown utilizes her own words and the known.
Speaker 3: Evidence in the case.
Speaker 2: To get at well a different perspective, let's say you can get Judith Very Baker in her own words from the author himself, signed if you request it by contacting doctor Brown at k I A S JFK at aol dot com. It's a fun book and it actually dissects the many, many fantastic claims.
Speaker 3: Judith Very Baker in.
Speaker 8: Her own words, thank you for all the great information.
Speaker 6: So Chilly dot Com.
Speaker 10: The War State by Michael Swanson explains the great national transformation that took place and the Kennedy presidency in the context of the Times, and reveals never before published information about the Cuban missile crisis. President Kennedy would not have been assassinated if he had been president two hundred years ago. His assassination took place in the context of the Cold War and the rise of the national security state. Before World War II, the United States was a continental republic. In the decade that followed, it became an imperial superpower. Generals such as Curtis LeMay not only wanted to invade Cuba, but knew that there were short range missiles on the island armed with nuclear warheads that they could not destroy because they were on mobile launchers. Their invasion could have led to a Third World War, and they wanted to go to war anyway. The War State by Michael Swanson reveals why and will show you what President Kennedy was up against. For more information, the Warstate dot com, the Ichell dot com Radio