Speaker 1: Here's what we do for you.
Speaker 2: On Fridays at eight eighteen, we bring you the Founder six pack. We ask questions outside sounds good, outside of the realm of sports, just to give you an idea. And it is the holiday season. It is the Christmas time of year, so mine is a Christmas theme.
Speaker 1: Just so you know. Your favorite Christmas carol or song? What is it?
Speaker 3: That's a great question.
Speaker 4: A song like that I hear on the radio. I love the baby Please Come Home the Christmas. I don't want to sing, but I love that version. The Darlene Love version of that song is my favorite.
Speaker 2: What about Darlene Love? Okay for me? A little bit off the beaten path. I'm sure not many people know about it. My favorite Christmas album is Vince Gill's Christmas.
Speaker 3: Oh It's excellent. That's a great pick.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: So there is a song called Till the Season Comes Around Again. And I'm going to be very honest. I like a good once in a while. I do release the emotions.
Speaker 1: No, I do. I like to release the emotions.
Speaker 2: I can be a very emotional person when it comes to my family, when it comes to my friends, when it comes to the people I work with, it can be very emotional. Sometimes I get too emotional. I get it. It's one of my many faults. But that song hits me really hard and I love listening to it. My wife will tell me turn it off because it makes her emotional. For me, I love it and it makes me think of the people I have in my life, but the people I don't have in my life. So it is my favorite Christmas song. Okay, fire away you.
Speaker 4: I want to know. I've got one Christmas question for you, but I'll save it. I want to know from you, Chef. I know your son Ron's Anti Ghost. He plays guitar, he sings. Are you a musician in any capacity? And if you're not, If.
Speaker 3: You're not, what instrument would you love to be great at?
Speaker 1: I would love to be able to play the guitar.
Speaker 2: I would like a Who's Deck or Alex Rick or what both both. I don't have a musical bone in my body. To my son's credit, and he's referring to my son Sean, who is that writes the songs and is the lead guitars and singer for a band called Anti Ghost. They started in Grand Rapids actually, and they play a lot of Grand rapid shows.
Speaker 1: I think they're very good, but it's alternative rock.
Speaker 2: He's self taught, didn't take one lesson, very impressive.
Speaker 1: Has taught himself.
Speaker 2: So he can play the guitar, the acoustic guitar, the elect guitar, acoustic guitar, the bass guitar, and he can play drums too. He can play all those instruments, and he's taught himself to play them all. And I remember when he was a kid. He would come down. He would in the basement. He would put headphones on and he would take his guitar and play while listening to the music that I grew up on, the music I love. So it's a big influence on him. But I don't have a musical bone in my body. Have you ever played an instrument?
Speaker 3: Yeah? I play bass.
Speaker 4: Actually, my brother's music, right, that's what you hear underneath here, that's my brother, Miles Valle.
Speaker 3: He's down in the Wow.
Speaker 1: It's really good.
Speaker 4: And he he's the same way chef. He's self taught. He drums, he plays guitar, he sings all that stuff.
Speaker 1: It's really good. I love them. Yeah, you should be proud of him. I really like it.
Speaker 2: I'll be Honestly, I thought this was like a country big time country star underneath.
Speaker 3: Milly drink it to the bottom.
Speaker 1: This is really good, really good.
Speaker 2: Good for you, Okay, and congratulations to him in a happy Holidays to him.
Speaker 1: All right, here we go. Favorite Christmas tradition.
Speaker 4: What is it?
Speaker 2: Uh?
Speaker 3: For me?
Speaker 4: It's kind of gotten tougher over the years, but it's definitely cutting down the Christmas tree.
Speaker 3: We always go as a family. We get a real tree every year.
Speaker 4: It's either a Fraser fur or blue spruce, and we have a great time of going to Formattag's Christmas Tree Farm out here on the West Side, and.
Speaker 3: We just make a whole day out of it. We make an event out of it. You get hot schalk.
Speaker 1: Do you decorated that night?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, so you bring it back, you put it up and then you decorate it.
Speaker 3: Yes, and we usually stop.
Speaker 4: We stopped for dinner and drinks afterwards, and we still got the Christmas tree tied to the roof of the car, and it's great.
Speaker 1: Have you got when do you guys do it? Have you already done it? Yep?
Speaker 4: We'd usually do it the weekend, like the Friday after Thanksgiving is what we aim.
Speaker 2: For who started that tradition? Your dad, my parents? Yeah, God love them. Way to go. Uh, that is so neat. I hope more and more people do that. I'm gonna lie. I'm not gonna lie. We have a fake tree. I mean a lot of people do. We store it away and we put it back up. Kids are all over the place. There's no excuse. But we turned to that a while ago. My favorite Christmas tradition, and this is a selfish one, admittedly, I write a letter to every one of my kids every year, a one page letter, and I put it away.
Speaker 1: I've done it.
Speaker 2: Since they were born and they've never read them. So it'll give them an idea of what was going on in their life and how I viewed their life or their year that time.
Speaker 3: Is awesome.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: So every Christmas Eve, everybody goes to bed. I stay up, I put on the Vince gild album and I write a one page sometimes it's two page letter on how proud I am or some of the things that I've noticed that took place in my kids' lives.
Speaker 1: That's what we do, and that's what I do.
Speaker 2: Anyway, And I put it in a folder and it's in a filing cabinet, and when I'm gone, I'll give it. My kids can take it and read through it and share it with their children.
Speaker 1: Maybe I'll change that.
Speaker 2: Maybe I might give it to them someday, maybe when they get married, you know, or maybe when my daughter graduates from MSU next year.
Speaker 1: Maybe that's when I'll open it up and give it to them. We'll see what happens, all right, last question or Okay, you got another?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I got my second one for you.
Speaker 4: I want to know the best Christmas present you ever received, could have been as a kid, could have been as an adult.
Speaker 1: Yeah, probably a baseball glove. You know.
Speaker 2: When I got a baseball glove, I mean I would used to sleep with it. I used to wear it every day. So that or my first football. I used to take the full ball and walk around the house and just climb up the football and then flip it, climb down the football, flip it. And I would do that when I went to school too, I would walk down the halls and do that constantly.
Speaker 1: One of those two is an easy one.
Speaker 2: On the other hand, as an adult, if I can have two answers here, my family got me a driver.
Speaker 1: The tailor made sim two.
Speaker 2: That was a great Christmas present, and I'm expecting more golf gifts this year.
Speaker 1: How about you.
Speaker 3: Let's hope you can hit them straight with that thing.
Speaker 4: For me, guaranty there living on the West Side and growing up on the West Side as a diehard Detroit fan, going to games in Detroit was always a bit more of an event. And I remember when I was I believe I was a freshman in high school, or maybe I was an eighth grade but my parents surprised us with we knew we were going to the Lions game. We go to one every year, at least back then we did. So we were going to one Lions game, our big Lions game, taking on the Saints, I think it was, And then randomly we found out that we were going to the Pistons game the night before, and we were just so excited that we were going to get to go see a Pistons game. We got tickets to that we were going to do a double whammy for the weekend. Pistons on Saturday, Lions on Sunday. That was I just remember being so shocked, so happy, so enamored and excited to be in the Palace at that time.
Speaker 2: And then ford Field. You're easily pleased, all right. Last question. Favorite Christmas movie for me, it's Christmas Story. We put it on from Christmas morning and it stays on the TV all day long, twenty four hours of Christmas on TBSD and t we just let it roll. It's my favorite Christmas movie because it makes me think of the kids when they were young. Not for me, you know, per se, but from when my kids were young. And the secondary question to that would be, do you consider this is an old bit Diehard? But I have Yeah, is it a Christmas movie?
Speaker 4: That's the age old question. I why not power to you if you consider it a Christmas movie.
Speaker 1: I don't.
Speaker 4: I think it's a great movie. I don't consider it a Christmas movie. My favorite though, quickly you're without a Santa Claus. I know it's a little bit off.
Speaker 1: That's a good one.
Speaker 3: But oul Miser and heat Miser, I love that. It's just a lot of fun.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I like Wonderful I like Wonderful Life as well. For Christmases is underrated, by the way, it's pretty funny die Hard is if it's a Christmas movie, Why isn't die Hard too?
Speaker 1: Right?
Speaker 2: I mean diehard. I don't believe is a Christmas movie. If people want to consider it, I don't hold it against them. But shoot them up, you know, killing people, hanging people with chains and stuff. I just don't think that's the Christmas spere