Speaker 1: Well, a solid forty minutes later than we were supposed to get going, and about thirty as Arcbs in the hopper, you cam apparently had a successful night on Fortnite. I'm arguing Landon and I were arguing about the NFL and right before the Super Bowl, which we're not gonna pick on this show. So let's open with that. ASCARCB, give me a Super Bowl pick.
Speaker 2: Not the Lions Chiefs by any amount.
Speaker 1: It's not the Lion Oh kay, My feels is so bad, dude, it sucks.
Speaker 3: I saw a tweet today that made me so upset that I almost threw myself into traffic. Bill Belichick's girlfriend is wearing one more Super Bowl ring than the Lions that have ever won in their entire history as a franchise.
Speaker 1: Oh man, yeah, I wasn't even alive. She wasn't even alive for the first couple I don't think right. That was twenty five years ago.
Speaker 3: How old was she when the Patriots won their first ring with two three? Was she born? Yeah?
Speaker 1: Right around there? Yeah, yeah, it was the same.
Speaker 3: What are we doing then?
Speaker 2: Why twenty four year old? Before I can.
Speaker 1: Wow Landon? It may have something to see with the fact that he has guys a ton of it's obviously his ruggedly good looks and his unmistakable charm that's doing it for him.
Speaker 3: Right we are, we're starting now, We're we're taking this a totally different direction. Here, we are starting. We're starting a challenge. Every retweet it's kind of a go fundme thing. We're getting laying in the supermodel girlfriend. Everyone spread the word X, Twitter dot com, slash X. I don't know what it's called nowadays. Things. I'm actually we're doing this. I'm not pissed about this at all. Actually no, I'm not either. I'm all for it.
Speaker 1: I'll donate. I don't know how donating money equates to this, but that's all.
Speaker 2: I've heard that. The X replies these days are filled with really really legitimately good women.
Speaker 1: Oh my gosh, just if you're intel, Russian people trying to sell you Viagra pills and ninety five percent discount. Checked out the Rockschok dot com comment.
Speaker 3: It's dude. It's like five dudes. And one of them's name is like Angel Delgado who might have played for Seaton Hall. And it's like I come to you bringing piss and the five million dollars, click like and sim message for fortune and fame, and then there's like one guy and it's me. That's like, dude, I'm in.
Speaker 1: I get one of those every rock chalk blog tweet. So it was the porn bots forever when Elon bought Twitter. And now once per tweet I send out, once per tweet, I send out, Uh, it's I have been blessed with the fortune. I will give the first ten people who respond to this five thousand US. Yes. And so you know what, what what Kansas needs isn't as much dollars as it is coaching advice.
Speaker 3: At this point, it was a good day TJ. Gasola.
Speaker 1: It was a really good week for Kansas basketball, who defeated Iowa State in a statement victory, and now they hit the road to play suddenly the hottest team in the Big Twelve and also their biggest current conference rival. So what do we do. We get all of our ascarcbs, we bring in our prostitution conversations, and we come to the microphones to talk all about No, that's pretty blatant prostitution. There's no legend raising money on go fund me too. You know what he said, supermodel, I don't care anymore. Rick Patino can come back from a lot of things. I can come back to prostitutions. I don't even have any family pain. I don't Your standard is don't let yourself. Don't let yourself become Rick Pattino. Please, this is inside the Pain.
Speaker 3: I'm Ryan Landrath, I'm Landing Fields, and I'm cam I think.
Speaker 1: So we're gonna do this with there being so many ascarcbs, and I refuse to cut ascarcbs. We gotta read all the questions. So we're gonna throw in some ascarcbs throughout the course of the podcast, and then when we get to the final ASCARCB segment, there'll be less of them. So land and go ahead and give us a couple uh, to wet the palette of this episode or the listeners rather of this episode.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Yeah, trying something a little new here. Let's start with two. We're gonna do two, and then we'll hop into the normal run of the show. First one from at Cebe's Burner too. No, by the way, I'm not back on Twitter. I'm logging into rock Chalk Blogs Twitter to do this. Uh, what is your favorite season and why Cebe's Burner two does not specify if this is season of the year or like Kansas basketball season. You could answer both one or the other. Pick your own adventure, darn it, Landon.
Speaker 1: I asked you to start with ones that had simple answers, and you pick an open ended one where we have to wonder was he talking about seasons of Full House?
Speaker 3: I haven't talking about.
Speaker 2: I don't think it's a full House, mostly because no one cares. I have a show that sucks.
Speaker 1: But go ahead, correct in my bag, ass it's awful. Don't open my don't open my bag of full House takes land and you don't want that?
Speaker 3: Who is the main character in Full House? That touching? You know?
Speaker 1: Okay, you really want me to do this cam. You want me to do this before the show. You want me to do this before we talk about a good one for Kansas because we're getting back on track.
Speaker 3: The train is falling off the tracks. I'm gonna guide it back on here. Best season of the year is summer because that's when Bill self gets recruits. We get excited, the weather is good, and then they don't play said recruits and it doesn't even matter.
Speaker 1: So it's summer for different reasons. But the same answer. Yes, it is summer, and also because I am a lizard and enjoy the heat.
Speaker 2: Really well crafted answer, Cam, I just appreciate the artistry of it. You're wrong. It's fall It always has been fallen and always will be.
Speaker 1: Wow.
Speaker 3: Is that because our starting quarterback gets hurt after two games and we just reminisce in two thousand and eight?
Speaker 2: Yes, that is already hurts.
Speaker 3: I don't get what is going on, guys.
Speaker 2: Is he actually hurt already?
Speaker 1: Yeah? I mean kind of. He had a knee scope or something it's called. But we know how that works. Yeah, well that's the first times. Also, Cam, your favorite season has to be the summer because that's the the hope for the Lions is brewing, and then the fall it reaches its climax before the winter. And oh no, not again.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna make a sexual enhancement pill called early Climax and it's gonna be named after the Lions.
Speaker 1: Still feel good, Just the spot I wanted to be in. Six minutes in and we haven't even talked about I haven't even read the scory yet.
Speaker 3: Second question, Yeah, what's this podcast about?
Speaker 2: It's about this. I'm sorry to everyone who has ever known or loved me from at the Old Booth sixty nine A classic ass er tits nice?
Speaker 1: Oh of course, ass, I just wanted.
Speaker 3: That wagon behind me.
Speaker 2: As ass. I mean.
Speaker 1: My take on this is it changes. I'm older than you, Land, and I'm a little bit older than you can this answer changes over the course of life. It begins as a wee young lad looking at the front and the age little bits. It slowly balances out where you can really appreciate the craft of a nice.
Speaker 2: Yes, you can come over a three to sixty man.
Speaker 1: Correct, Yes. What doesn't mean your appreciation for the first answer dies down. It just means that you can bring up the rear no pun intended.
Speaker 2: Interesting, is that the only thing that goes up? Bryan?
Speaker 3: You know, holyd what how would I know that?
Speaker 1: What the fact that that.
Speaker 2: I'm a young man.
Speaker 1: And I'm old Hi, I'm thirty. I've watched more Kansas Tournament losses than either one of these two.
Speaker 3: Mm hmm, yeah, oh yeah, I forgot. We were on the Kansas podcast.
Speaker 1: Anyway, yep, anything anything, you know. Nick told me that he listened to this the other day and he said, I hear it's every bit as unlistenable as it used to be. Yes, it is, Nick, thank you very much. It's a high bar that we have tried to maintain, and I don't think it got any better after that segment, but it also didn't get worse.
Speaker 3: Nick legitimately told me that it's not like I sund the ice sound like if Daniel and Ryan had a baby and gave it family trauma.
Speaker 1: He got that quote from Landon, who said that like five minutes. Yeah, that's right, Yep, that's exactly where it came. Yeah, Daniel, early season Daniel does remind me a little bit our early season. Cam does remind me a little bit of early season Daniel, in the sense that they would have a good ten minutes against the crappy ass Oklahoma State team and Danie'll be like, oh my gosh, final four, let's go ahead and head you this sports betting kiosk. I can feel it. This is the one, guys. And then they open the second half missing four straight threes, and Cam's like, god, guys, this team just they just don't know what it means to have Kansas on the front of their jerseys.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean the differences. I never leave the sports spinning Kiosk. I just changed my pits mid game based off what's going on, and then I lose, and.
Speaker 1: You bet fifty United States since on Colorado, YA, No, I would hope not. And Cam those fifty six they had a family. They're now dead. Hair. They are as new as you want them to be, Cam, because I've watched they're so light. Utah, I don't know if they do. Actually, I don't know if they're gonna win a big twelve game. But I know who did win one this week, and that was Kansas number sixteen, Kansas sixty nine, number eight, Iowa State fifty two, one of the lowest rankings that Kansas has ever had in our time on the show, but they didn't play like it. Desperately needing a big win, the Jayhawks got a huge performance from their defense, putting up an especially dominant first half in which Iowa State failed to score even twenty points and oe to Kansas at times. They coasted. The Jayhawks did through the entire second half, and we're never threatened in a seventeen point win that opens up a stretch of winnable games with a signal at your victory. Fun fact, Iowa State scored eight fewer points on the night than Baylor did in the second half just forty eight hours prior. So you could either open, depending on which end of the spectrum that you're looking at, that you could say this night real South without these bills to myself, or you could take a glass half empty perspective and say.
Speaker 4: Coach Bill South, you stubborn ass.
Speaker 1: But however you want to take it. What a great win for Kansas who really needed this. I think we all were kind of an agreement, you lose this one and now the season's really starting to go off the rails. They pulled it together and had a really nice showing and punched a team in the mouth whenever they were down for the count.
Speaker 2: Yeah, really nice outing from the Jayhawks. Iowa State shot the ball really really poorly, as we will talk about here in a minute, but Kansas played excellent defense. The offense, despiteal on scoring sixty nine, did look like it had a good amount of rhythm at times. Wasn't perfect by any stretch, but they played a really good against a really good team, and that is something that Kansas has not done a lot of this year, and they definitely did it here. Caam, what did you think of this game. Do you think Kansas is back. I'm not sure that Kansas is quote unquote hashtag back because I still think they are a team with a really high, stealing low floor and this does not fit outside of that worldview. But it is a really nice win and they did play well.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm not sure if they're back in that sense, but still it was a really good win. It was good to see number one play with a lot of energy. The play with Dwan Harrison diving on the floor that led to kJ Adams alley oop almost made me think it was twenty seventeen Kansas Again. Really good win. Yeah, will I think we'll learn a lot about this team coming up on Saturday in Manhattan. But again, they needed this win. The season seems to be back on track. Really good performance, but still really want to see more Floria Baduga.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and the reason that they played so well in this game was their defense. They held Iowa State to just thirty one percent from the floor. Iowa State was three for twenty one, which is fourteen percent shooting threes. It does feel like more often than not, the Jayhawks are prone to a sub average three point shooting team going nuclear in their building. We've seen it many times, so it was nice. Whenever a very good three point shooting team had an off night, they deserved it. And that's what happened for Kansas here. Kay, you led fifty to twenty seven with twelve minutes left. So the actual final score and the three point numbers they were much worse. For Iowa State for most of the night, they actually scored what is that? What is twenty seven to fifty two? They scored twenty seven points. They scored as many points in the last ten minutes as they did in the first thirty Is that true?
Speaker 2: Ish?
Speaker 1: Yeah, they had twenty seven through the first twenty eight minutes and then they've scored twenty seven after that in garbage time. The Cyclones were one for seventeen to start the night, shooting threes. That is the fewest number of points, being fifty two, that a top ten team has scored an Allen Field House since nineteen eighty two. Is it more?
Speaker 2: Wow?
Speaker 1: The defense is really good? Or is it more? Or they got kind of lucky? Iowa State would not make anything all night?
Speaker 2: Oh Man in classic land and form, Yes, it is both. That's fair. They did play good defense, I thought most of the night. However, this this is a good example. Ryan, if you wanted a really good example of three point defense is luck this is your game because Iowa State probably isn't gonna do this the rest of the season, or atles not very commonly. And Kanas did get a little bit lucky that Iowa State shot the ball that poorly. Certainly Io State does not do that very much. But at the same time, I thought Kansas did play really really good defense and forced Iowa State into bad looks and did not let them have a lot of clean looks inside the arc. And that also is to credit here. So yes, I think the answer is both a thing can be two things.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Can There are top five defense on Ken Palm. So we knew that that coming into this game that it was gonna be just fine defensively. You didn't think they were gonna get blitzed for ninety points. And whenever they lost, then ames the defense did okay more or less. Two Iowa State made eight of thirteen threes in that game and still barely got to seventy at the very end. It was always gonna be a question of offense, and Kansas did Okay enough on offense, but the defense was extra smothering. I'm sure that that we knew by now that this team, if they're gonna win, they're gonna win with their with their strong defense. They're not gonna win ninety to eighty eight games. This kind of feels like the blueprint. If you want to see what a deep Kansas NCAA tournament run looks like, it's by putting defensive clamps on opponents like this.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they're definitely they have their identity now and it's probably not one that any of us would choose, but it's definitely through defense. Probably came down to you, I always stay, just couldn't make anything. But at the same time, Kansas played with a lot of energy. I will say every single time they lose in the NCAA tournament, it very rarely comes down to defense. It just comes down to not being able to score enough. Hopefully that's not the point, not the case this year. But we will see overall, really really good performance and it.
Speaker 1: Was good to see them some smiles on these guys faces. Bill self was all smiles in the handshake line, so was Flory, so was kJ guys that we he kind of wondered how much fun are they really having whenever they are losing heartbreakers and they're getting who knows what on their social media timelines. It was good to see them go out, have a lot of fun, play well as a team, and get back in the win column, because that's ultimately I know it sounds cliche, but what sports are all about are having a good time and getting your juice boxes after the game. So it was good to see that they did that after putting the clamps on a top ten team Landon. If you're going to talk about offense, I think you start and end with a guy who just continues to shoot the piss out of the basketball at Allen field House.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Zeke Mayo is sensational inside Alan field House. He had seventeen points in this game, six or thirteen from the floor. He made five of six threes at an eight rebounds, three cysts in thirty four minutes. Ryan will have to tell about this soul crushing alley up on Instagram later in the evening as well. Sounds I think you did tell me about it earlier. I can't remember. Mayo is shooting almost forty percent from three this year on six attempts in general, and at a field house he's making forty six percent of his threes, which is an outrageous number. Definitely a little bit of Advante Graham or Wayne Selden owed there where you're only making shots from three, as he was one of seven from two. Not great there, but hey, you'll take it when you hit five threes in score seventeen eight rebents to add he is he is a dynamo on offense, and you kind of take a little bit of bad with the insane explosiveness that he offers.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Zeke Mayo is only shooting fifty one percent on twos, which that I say only because last year it was fifty five and it's dipped quite a bit. In conference play, Zeke Mayo shooting just forty seven percent on twos while shooting darn close to that from three. But the soul crushing slam on Instagram was some fans of ku account tweeted Zeke mayo stat line and somebody somebody commented, yeah, but can he do it every night? And the guy's profile picture was him in a boat die, and Zeke Mayo simply said that he needs to get some new fits, which I thought was pretty good, and uh, you know you're gonna you're gonna make five threes and then you can go out there and and throw down a nice alley oop, slam on, dunk it on someone's head on Twitter? What are on Instagram? What can Zeke Mayo not do? Yeah?
Speaker 2: Mostly may more than two twos a game.
Speaker 3: But I was gonna say, I'm hoping the answer is, uh, he cannot not lead Kansas to a deep tournament run.
Speaker 1: Well, yeah, and he's he's the guard though, right like we see it. If if you're told right now Kansas wins three or four NCAA tournament games, you're betting on Zeke Mayo doing the scoring to get him there, like in order for them to string together success. Yeah, Hunter Dickinson getting you buckets, Yeah, and you're gonna have to have Zeke Mayo getting you getting you three pointers on a consistent rate.
Speaker 2: Mayo absolutely has the ability to go full Malik Newman or Remy Martin come March. Oh yeah, he does, yes that in his game. Whether he can do that consistently has been a little up and down. But he absolutely can just go new Care for like four games in a row and.
Speaker 1: Take them Cam. I feel like that we got to talk about the kJ game, the chance, the Bill Self reaction, that was a big part of this game. Whenever you think about this game years and years from now, you're gonna remember it as being the game where k you students chanted we want Flory two minutes into the game.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I means years and years from now, I probably won't be able to remember much. I'm on the fast track two dementia slash Alzheimer's for my caffeine abuse. But kJ Adams returned to the starting lineup in this game about two minutes in students section chanted we want Flory, and all of the Boomer Jayhawk reporters their panties got into a lot over this comment and these chants. kJ finished with six points on two for six and three rebounds. He'll have the team with the five assists. He played excellent defense all night. He also finished off an alley of slam and what is definitely the play of the year for Kansas so far. The chants kind of were toxic, but I understand why because is a top fifteen draft pick and Bill self is stubborn and old.
Speaker 1: Here's my take, and then I'll let you two kind of go back and forth. My take on this is the chant was fine. You know, Bill Self can't have it both ways. A week ago he said that, you know, the students, the crowd just hasn't been what it usually is, or he made a comment eluding to that, and Okay, then the students come out and they chant we want Flory, and they show you that fire and intensity, They show you that they've been paying attention, and they show you that they are invested in the game. You can't then be like, oh, that's not how I meant that. Let him chant it and credits to Bill. They asked him about it after game and he said, yeah, I get it. They can chant whatever they want. And he said I want to see Flory play more too. But kJ Adams played really well tonight, perfectly fair response. That was fine. I wondered if Self would get all cranky about it. Greg Gurley's speaking of panties in his wad. Oh my gosh, it was like somebody took a dump on his front porch whenever he heard those people chanting we want Flory early in the game. And yeah, I thought the chant was fine. I don't think it was this re respectful. It's perfectly normal to say we want to see our top fifteen projected pick who is averaging a double double over the last month play I don't know, Land, and what was your take? And also kudos to kJ and Florie who both responded with class and whenever they were asked about it postgame. They're clearly each other's biggest fans and they were happy after the team played well. Both of them played well.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't. I like, this is just the nature of how sports go. You can have an opinion on it, like if you want, but like, this is the nature of sports and fans is that sports happen and there are players and there are teams, and the fans will develop relationships. And there's been a lot happening with this team to suggest that Florrie should be playing over kJ, as we have talked about at length on this show. You know, maybe you don't. You don't usually see stuff like that from student sections A lot. Student sections are usually like massively homery for obvious reasons and just kind of go with whatever. So that is kind of just like interesting. I don't think it's disrespectful. I don't think it's all that strange. You know, hopefully it doesn't create anything weird on the team. Doesn't seem like it's gonna. I don't think that's like a real concern at all, So I'm not very worried about that either. And to be fair, kig Adams was indeed really good in this game. He didn't do a ton statistically, but he played very well on defense. He did do the things that Bill self likes him do so and went like two for six from the floor, which is not good. But he did play very very well in Floory in the last couple of games, also hasn't played as well as he has in other games, so it's fine for kad.
Speaker 1: The reason he hasn't played as well recently is because he can't get in the damn game. He's played thirty minutes.
Speaker 2: A few minutes of but in the few minutes he played, he was much worse than kJ.
Speaker 1: kJ played well. But also, like I know, I'm struggling to not be too much of a box score merchant because I look at the box score and I see that kJ Adams made two baskets and had three rebounds in thirty minutes, and I think, oh my god, really that's why they're keeping fy on the bench understandably so. There were many moments throughout the night whenever Ku would have a guy and they would miss on their defensive assignment, and kJ was the one who would slide over there and offer that resistance that forced the bad shot or forced the turnover.
Speaker 2: We saw it.
Speaker 1: He handled the ball well, the assist, the passing was great. This was a good game from kJ Adams. I'm also not gonna be like, well, no wonder we weren't trust or we would trust Hall of Fame coach Bill self, the students or idiots whenever they're chanting. We won Flory over a guy that had six and five, six or three.
Speaker 2: Well, yeah, a that that's.
Speaker 1: Two shows in a row that you've gotten me caught off.
Speaker 3: Look at me go by the way, guys, sorry, I didn't mean the interject. I went't mute there for a couple of minutes. Greg Gurley has a couple moments in his life where he remembers where he was when Magic, where he was when Magic Johnson announced that he had aids, where he was on nine to eleven, and where he was when the students chanted we won Flory.
Speaker 1: Have fun following that up when I'm not gonna try it. Hunter.
Speaker 2: Dickinson had a below average night Statistically, he logged four it's the best I got. He logged fourteen points, nine rebounds. You could argue this was his best game of the year. Defensively, I would argue that I think, as I always state, got absolutely nothing at the basket all night, especially with Floor not playing Dickinson being the single primary post defender. He did play well. Dickinson's primary opponent was Joshua Jefferson, normally been very good this year. He was three for thirteen from the floor in this game. Dickinson also blocked four shots. Flori only played fifteen minutes. He had four points, four rebounds, flour blocks. The blocks were really nice. He didn't play. I do think he didn't play remarkably well, but the raw talent obviously still there. He still got his four points, four rebounds, four blocks. He still will have a really nice draft Knight with the Pelicans in a year or so. But no Dickinson played Dickinson was outrageous.
Speaker 3: Dick General or play for the Pelicans, Uh, real.
Speaker 2: Question, I think if you were do you know the record of the Washington Wizards off the top of your head.
Speaker 1: Cam No, God, yeah, I saw this on sports there like a couple of days ago.
Speaker 2: Which or which Washington basketball team is worse is genuinely a question the Washington Wizards right now, for the Washington General nine and forty one, good.
Speaker 1: Lord, they have worse. They have less wins than Kansas State. That is correct in way wow games.
Speaker 3: Look at you Tank go guys.
Speaker 1: Who would have thought that wasn't true like three weeks ago, but now it is. Yeah, I would rather play. I would rather, if my abilities were there, play for the Pelicans. But like me and my own flesh right now, I would rather work at Dollar General than try to play in an NBA game. I would get very hurt.
Speaker 3: I mean, like Dollar General's a fine job until Bob Huggins crashes through the main window after twenty four medallos. But I feel like that's a safer bet for all of us that might be picking loser punishment by the way, folks, for all the.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, the clock is taken. It's gonna be due on that one here in just a couple of weeks. Yeah, Dickinson was awesome, Like I think it's time. I'm not saying that Hunter Dickinson is rapidly catching up to Jeff Wiie in terms of defensive player type of status. But I think it's time that some of the Ku Twitter accounts apologize to Hunter for calling him the worst defensive player ever that seems really good on defensive's the man in the middle. Yes, he's just he's a perfectly fine caliberd of defender that has his matchup weaknesses. But calling Hunter Dickinson a defensive liability was always dramatically overinflated, and it's just simply not true.
Speaker 2: Not in this game. It wasn't he was. He was fantastic, and he's had stretches of being very very good on defense. He's he's been really good on ball defender most of the year.
Speaker 1: Lam And you picked Kansas to lose, which would have meant the end of a streak, But you forgot that Bill self does not lose on Big Monday at Home because he is now thirty eight for thirty eight, thirty eight no and Big Monday at Home, which is pretty great. And I think they're done with Big Monday games this year, so the streak should live to see another year. Let's look it up. Are they actually done with big Monday home games. No, yes, they are done. They have two more and they're both on the road. So that shit, they go Bill, year number twenty three, it goes Yeah.
Speaker 3: Sure, I forgot that. I could read callby Doug McDaniel. Roley. Griffin return starting lineup and scored only five points, going one for five from three. He played twenty three minutes and got wide open looks all night. Just a poor shooting night. He's still shooting thirty eight percent from three of this year. Aj Store played a really good first half screen eight points and seventeen minutes on three for nine from the floor, includes two threes sidebar. Anytime that aj Store shoots a three pointer, I just I heard him miss one in this game. It was such a bat brick that you could audibly hear it hit them on the broadcast.
Speaker 1: Here's my take on both these guys, Land and then it's all yours. Griffin. Glad to see that. Bill self realized that he should start. I said after the Baylor game, I think that he is gonna start every game in the rest of the year because it's just so visibly apparent now what he does for the offense. He gotta have two shooters on the floor. Curtis Townsend was on Hawk Talk tonight and he was kind of talking about that that decision was because they realize they have to have another shooter besides Zeke out there. Hmm geez, what took you so damn long the whole twitter? What could have told you that forever ago? But better late than ever? Griffin's here to stay and man like like this was a night where he couldn't get one to drop and he had great looks all night. Then aj Store it conversely felt like he played really really well and you look down and he has three out of nine from the floor. I know he made a couple threes. Both of them were okay, he gonna shoot that. Oh we went in okay, whow glad if it had bricked out, he probably gets binged caliber shots. Uh. I thought he had a good first half. But there just isn't I think. But the way I would assess aj Store right now, nothing happens easy for him. Everything that he every point, he scores, every rebound he gets, sometimes every pass he gets off, he has to fight through to almost turnovers to get it there. It just isn't coming easy for him right now.
Speaker 2: Yes, as I'm finishing typing a joke in the note that is for us and no one else.
Speaker 3: Incredible any Washington's playout, Guys, I'll talk about Fan.
Speaker 1: Let's talk about Fran. Let's talk about Fran. You want to clear out of my space and I'll talk about Fran for a second. All right, let's talk about Fran.
Speaker 2: I would like to say Ryland Griffin. Uh, yeah, good. I like that he's starting. Uh he is still deeply inconsistent, but I'd rather start than not. You can not.
Speaker 1: He's a point shooter. He's not inconsistent. Are you? You've been doing consilt too much? He's a forty percent three point shoot for five.
Speaker 2: He does it a lot.
Speaker 1: Okay, he had he didn't shoot well in this game. That doesn't mean he's inconsistent. He's a forty percent three point shooter the whole year.
Speaker 2: Ryan, you are a box score merchant. I'm sorry you.
Speaker 3: Kind of are, actually, dude, I appreciate you as a human being, but man, you like box scores.
Speaker 1: He was a thirty nine three point shooter last year. How is he all? The only thing, more so than anybody on this team, has done consistently throughout the course of their careers, is Rylan Griffin has been a consistently good three point shooter.
Speaker 3: Okay, I don't disagree that he should be starting just because he's he's clearly the honestly the best pro prospect minus Flory Badunga. But he's not spectacularly consistent.
Speaker 2: Okay. Also, we want to we want a box score. Let's box score five points, eleven points, four points, seventeen points, four points zero seven two nine fourteen three seven two three ten. That's all the way back to Furman.
Speaker 1: Now hold on, now very good? Actually, now, the advanced analytics show that Ryland Griffin is a very good player on pace with his exact same metrics from a year ago, just a dramatically lower usage. So yes, his swearing has been up and down, but he hasn't been playing anywhere near consistent minutes in that stretch.
Speaker 3: Is this the same that claims analytics about Houston or Garbage, the same analytics guy, the same Ryan landerth underscore Landreth, this is the really time.
Speaker 2: Hey, key character trait you've honed in on Cam May.
Speaker 1: No, you know what, Sometimes you can teach old dog new tricks. Sometimes you can I what I never watched Ryland Griffin throughout the course of this season and thought, man, he just isn't as good. I thought, man, he needs the play more. He's very similar to the same player he was at Alabama, just on a slower tempo team and a team that doesn't play him as much.
Speaker 2: He does need to start. I do agree with that. Let's just be honest that he is inconsistent.
Speaker 1: You could say he has that the the points per game that he has scored has been inconsistent this year. I'm not sure that his play is inconsistent as much as his usage is inconsistent, depending on whatever the coach feels like doing that day. Point is. I think over the course of this season, I think you're going to see all of that get a lot more consistent because his minutes and therefore his usage will take upwards.
Speaker 2: Also, though, here's the thing. In the month of January. In the month of January against UCF on the road to start the month, he went four to four from three in a game where Kansas won by fifty one points. He then proceeded to hit three combined threes in all other games except the Houston game, where he went and hit five. More So, in two games he went nine for ten from three outrageous, very good. In the other one, two, three, four, five, six games he hit three total threes.
Speaker 1: But you're also look at the attempts in those games. There's a lot of one, there's a lot.
Speaker 2: Of it's one for five for oh, one for two, oh for two, one for four.
Speaker 3: And in the same stretch for Arizona State went.
Speaker 1: In that end, in that entire stretch in in January, you can only the TCU game he took more than two threes. Of any of those games that you're referencing in Arizona State to one for four. For every one game where he took at least three threes, there are two games where he took two or less. It's a low usage rate.
Speaker 2: It is a low usage rate does have to do with this, I'm not saying that it doesn't, but still, like I think, to say that he hasn't been inconsistent is is a little is a little bit odd. Yes, he's there's a lot less than he was at Alabama.
Speaker 1: I will agree that he has statistically been inconsistent, as most three point specialists tend to be. However, I do not believe his play. I do not believe he's a good play. He's a good player, yes, Like whenever he's not, whenever the three pointer isn't splashing through the nets at an insanely high clip as it was against Houston and UCF, I don't look at him and see, well, what's that guy sniffing his own farks out there? For he's a competent player, regardless of the balls going in the basket, he shouldn't be playing.
Speaker 3: I do agree.
Speaker 1: I think he's been consistent, albeit the scoring outputs have not been which he plays a particularly uh he play. He plays a position and has a strength that is already relatively has a wide range of inconsistency. Right, A lot of three point shooters aren't going three point specialists. Isaiah Moss was like that, Jalen coleman Lands was like that, he'd have twelve points one night on him.
Speaker 4: Right.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think that the more Rylan Griffin plays, the more you're gonna see a really steady average of ten point games coming down the pipe. And on this team where you're a top five defense, you probably only have to target sixty five points a game and you're gonna win most of those nights. So if Rylan Griffin suddenly turns into a guy that can give you ten consistently, which you have to play him minutes to get him there, I think that raises the ceiling of the team immensely. Now we can talk about France. I hope let's talk about Fran because let me tell you, there is not a soul on this earth who sucks balls more than Fran for Scilla and his whiny, poudy nonsense approach. And then Fran has Rock Chalk Blog blocked. And I will say I have done my fair share of Twitter trolling over the years. Legitimately with Fran for Scilla. He slid in a rock Chalk Blog stems and would send me a winkie face several years ago every time that he would say something on the error that could be preceded as anti Kansas. And finally I said, why are you sending all these winky faces like you're kind of proving the point, and he blocked Rock Shock Blog. Then on Fran for Schilla's timeline after having a full blown orgasm over the missed elbow by Zeke Mayo on the court, and then so he stomps up and down and all that and just like, come on, you can say what you want. Is Fran anti Kansas? Is he not only he hates Kansas, but he hits a stick. It was a poor broadcasting performance. He complained the whole night about it. Then he gets in rock Chok blogs the ar I see on his timeline he posed the tweet that I stole from Cam saying that he's the Michael Jordan of bad basketball announcers, and everybody was saying it was pretty funny. And also the tech size on his phone. Oh my gosh, No wonder Fran can't see anything going on the basketball court. No wonder he can't see what a foul is.
Speaker 2: He's got like one step away from the Cam Newton font.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, yeah, it's like okay, Uku fans give Fran too much? Yes they do. I don't think he vehemently hates Kansas. Was he was? He a little bit of a smart ass.
Speaker 3: All night Kansas.
Speaker 1: I don't think the underdog, which is normally not Kansas.
Speaker 2: Correct. Yes, that's the thing. I don't think he like hates Kansas by any stretch, but he does pretty clearly favor the underdog, which is almost always not Kansas.
Speaker 1: And he was fun.
Speaker 2: I don't need an announcer to favor my team. But it is no like I mean that's true though, like that is the case. He was miserable all night. That was the worst Friand for Scilla game ever. And also there's a lot of frand fatigue here. How many games in a row is that he did Baylor? He also just kind of a boring game caller.
Speaker 1: Yeah right, yeah, there's not he but but what makes him so irritating is the day before this game, he tweeted, Uh, he put out a tweet that said, I don't know why anybody woulant to be a ref because everybody thinks they know better than the officials. And then he spends the whole all night losing his mind every time that Kansas wasn't called for a foul.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you can't have it both ways there.
Speaker 1: Well, he's four foot six, he can't have it his way at the amusement park. He does that.
Speaker 3: He does remind you guys remember when we were like we lads, like little kids, and we'd go to the grocery store and you had like the penny horse ride at like the grocery store. You pop a coin and he kind of reminds me.
Speaker 2: Of that horse.
Speaker 3: He's like the same height. Yeah, like pop a penny in ride it for twenty seconds and you're like hell yeah, dude. And then that's.
Speaker 2: Basically saying you have an impulse to climb on the back of Fran.
Speaker 3: For Scilla, I'm not star I'd ride into battle on his shoulders. Dude.
Speaker 1: Well then so what then your eye level with the enemy?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 3: One, he's the one that takes the first shot that was stark.
Speaker 1: Fran gets a little overheted, and I do think he knows his stuff. There's nobody knows the big people is more than Fran for Schilla, but like, man, we've listened to him call one hundred plus games like it's it's also just a fatigue thing at this point, like he's good lord, yeah, yeah, whatever kind.
Speaker 3: Of get his bill basketball shirt and move on.
Speaker 1: Do love that you made a very very funny joke that's very not safe for work a couple of shows ago about that that I think about every time I see Frank Schilla now and it's and he once again then he then he with the Rock Chalk Blog tweet who he has blocked tweeted out, I hope Bill Self doesn't find out I hate Ku hoops, otherwise he won't invite me back to the Bill self basketball camp because that's all he has. Cam makes the joke every show tweets about, but he got the dates wrong. He said it's like, oh, being Lawrence in October, and then he had to reply to the tweets like, oh, it's actually in mid September. Like, man, fran he can't get that wrong. That's his favorite event of the year.
Speaker 3: That's all he has to live for.
Speaker 1: I love how people see that fran f Schilla helps out at bill selves fantasy basketball camp and that is synonymous with fran fra Scilla and Bill Self are best friends.
Speaker 2: Do you think fran Facchilla wants to kiss bill Self like a little.
Speaker 3: Bit, Like just a little bit, there might be an impulse there.
Speaker 2: I think that's not even that fran is gay, Like just do you think he wants to kissiself a little bit?
Speaker 3: It's it's only gay if he likes it.
Speaker 1: Only a TJ. Also Berger says no, oh yeah, I forget.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: In the points different agreements in the relationships.
Speaker 1: Then and Bill Self's agreement with the one Harris is you're gonna play a lot and nothing's gonna change that.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 1: But Harris played great in this game. He had twelve points, four rebounds, and four says. He only took six shots and was a perfect four for four at the free throw line. That's been a problem for him recently. He was really good here. Thirty five minutes for him. Shack Moore only played two minutes. He made an early three and that was it. They did mention this week on Hawk Talk that his foot injury has been giving him some problems. So maybe that has something to do with it, because Shack definitely hasn't done anything on the court that would warrant getting last minutes. David koy at what he assists and go go ahead, go ahead, go ahead, go go ahead, and finish and then I'll do this. Quoit added three assists. He didn't score, he didn't shoot, but he played nine solid minutes. He was good on defense as well, good bench.
Speaker 2: Be's okay, what is going on with Kansas and injured players kind of playing but not really in there? Two hurt to play a lot, but not hurt enough to not play. What is this? Well, he just picked one. I think he probably is actually hurt. I'm not saying there's some grand conspiracy. It's just like, why why is it this way?
Speaker 1: Well, and then you also have to you well, then you also have how Bill self is very He's consistent with playing Dwan Harris thirty plus minutes a night, but then he says after each game, I shouldn't play Harris that much. I wonder if he goes into games thinking I'm not gonna play him as much and then he just doesn't trust the other options, or if Shackmore is hurt, because I would like Shackmore to get twelve to fifteen minutes a game without Harris to run the show and see what that offense looks like.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and Shaq Moore has proven he plays well. Whenever he's out there, he played, he's he played very well.
Speaker 1: Even Yeah, he's very good on defend player. He can shoot it a little bit. And yeah, I don't know, but it is a good point. We saw it with mccullor, and we saw it with with various players over the years where.
Speaker 3: They might play.
Speaker 2: Well.
Speaker 1: Remy was never hurt. And I can't believe that people really fell on that one. That's that's just that was ridiculous. In this game, Kansas forty seven percent from the floor. They made it even fifty percent of their threes, shot seventy three percent from the floor, and were plus one on the glass. I always stated had seventeen offensive rebound because they missed so many damn shots and thirteen turnovers. Overall, it was an even flip of the game that happened in Ames, where Kay, you lost by seventeen, now they win by seventeen. I think these are two of the best three teams in the Big Twelve despite their their at times. I guess Arizona's earning some Arizona deserves some respect. I'll make it a group of four at the top. These are two of the best four teams in the Big twelve. I hope we get to see him play a Round three game on a Friday night at the Big Twelve Tournament in the semi final round. But overall, they they both took each other's best shots and got each other at home, and they're both really good basketball teams. I think they're two of the best ten teams in the country, despite the records in the last few weeks suggesting otherwise. Great win for Kansas. Any other closing thoughts.
Speaker 2: It is a great win for Kansas. They played very well. Really nice to see them get a win like that. We didn't even talk about the kJ Adams al oup. That was sensational, really really hype moment. I'm not fully convinced that this just instantly makes Kansas one of the top ten teams in the country. I think individual game should be a little less like definitive statements on the season as a whole, even though I know that's like fun and I am very guilty of that as well. We'll see. I still think they're a high ceiling, low fuller team. Who knows. But this was a great win. This was the high ceiling. If Kansas can figure out a way to unlock this consistently, they genuinely can flirt with like being a top ten, top five team in the country. They can be very very dangerous come next month if they can figure that out.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I agree entirely. I'm just still upset that the Lions aren't playing this weekend. That's all I have to say.
Speaker 1: Maybe just lose to the Chiefs anyway, Cam, you're just saving your ultimate heartbreak b ask RCB before we get into Big twelve games. Well, This is simple, simple enough at Ryan Underscore Landreth. Is Eli Manning a Hall of Famer?
Speaker 3: I mean, technically I think he's about to be it.
Speaker 1: No, not this year. He didn't make it this year. Maybe next year.
Speaker 3: Oh he didn't.
Speaker 1: He did not, And you know why he didn't Because he's not a Hall of Fame freaking quarterback. Because he is a lifetime five hundred quarterback who has never been an All Pro and has never gotten an MVP vote. Eli Manning is not a Hall of Famer And the only reason that we are considering it well because of two things. One his Crackerjack two super Bowl victories because of upon. The first one happened because because his defense was out of this world and David Tyree had sticky tack on his hands. The second one he did play legitimately well. But like, here's the thing, he was very mediocre for his entire career minus two super Bowl runs. I'm not trying to downplay the importance of a Super Bowl, However, is two good playoff runs enough to vault you into a surefire Hall of Fame career despite being very mediocre the rest of the way, I say no. The only reason that we're considering Eli Manning as a Hall of Fame quarterback is because of his last name. If his name was Eli fark Turd, we would not be discussing him based on his statistics as a Hall of Fame quarterback. And one more fun fact if Patrick Mahomes. If Patrick Mahomes went twenty eight and ninety three the rest of his career, he would still have a better winning percentage as a starting quarterback than Hall of Famer question mark. Eli Manning. Absolutely positively not any arguments.
Speaker 2: No, sir, you have said only the truth about Eli Manning.
Speaker 1: I kind of look like I've been told I kind of look like a little bit, So I'm yeah, you don't see that.
Speaker 2: Adamantly disagree with that. I don't think you look like interesting.
Speaker 1: That's a Joshua Brisco take. He was the one who started banging that drum.
Speaker 2: Uh. You have like a similar nose structure, perhaps, so I could see why josh would.
Speaker 1: It's big. So Eli has a big nose, is what Landon says he has.
Speaker 2: He has a really well defined nose there.
Speaker 1: That's a nice way of saying big.
Speaker 2: It is. It is on the bigger end. That is decidedly true.
Speaker 1: Terrific at James D. Bedford. I'm betting my mortgage on the color of Tom Brady's tie on Sunday, and I know I can trust you, So what's it gonna be?
Speaker 3: Oh? My gosh.
Speaker 1: Also also from at capped Cable thirty three, what is Landon's address? Cam told me I'm supposed to move in with Landon after Arizona State lost me my house? Sorry about that?
Speaker 2: Yeah, hey man, I got a you can stay there for a couple of days.
Speaker 3: You got a roommate. Now that's sad.
Speaker 1: Tom Brady's tie will be silver, that's my prediction, silver and black because he owns the Raiders.
Speaker 2: Oh wow, that's a good call. Actually maybe it will be I think maybe maybe a pink.
Speaker 3: You know, just give me black tie. I don't care.
Speaker 1: And aising into the Big Twelve games recap at show Me Hawk to expand on my Big Twelve on CBS idea. They could treat the final Big Twelve Saturday like Week eighteen of the NFL season. We could have Kyvan Harlan call both games inside Alan field House. Man, when's the last time Kevin Harlan came to Alan Fieldhouse? I would love that it's been a long time. Yeah, he was on the mic for that. I'm sure he has. He does tournament games exclusively, I think, but yes, he would be infinitely better than that little hobbit known as fran Frigilla. Big twelve games. We got a lot of them, and they're not nearly as interesting as they were a week ago. Now I will read a score and you guys can alternate with analysis. We'll see if that helps a little bit. Number five Houston seventy two, Oklahoma State sixty three. That was closer than we thought.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but this is also how the Big twelve go. Sometimes Houston good team, Oklahoma State not. And sometimes it's close. But Houston has usually put teams like this just to bed and have done it quickly. So that's a look close than we thought for sure.
Speaker 1: See Utah. Yes, but a win's a win. They're ten and one. Number thirteen Texas Tech seventy three, Baylor fifty nine. Maybe no longer a secret cam. It's the best Big twelve team no one's talking about.
Speaker 3: Yeah. VJ. Edgecomb didn't play, but Texas Tech has now won nine of their last ten chance. McMillan had thirteen points and the Red Raiders made eleven threes. Watch out for them when they come to Lawrence.
Speaker 1: Who's the better team, Arizona or Texas Tech Texas Tech?
Speaker 2: Yeah, that probably isn't the answer, but I don't know. Arizona has a guy that at least can sometimes go nuclear, and I like their coach a little better too.
Speaker 1: Arizona hasn't made the second weekend under Lloyd. I guess they did. They did, They only did because of the TCU could I was gonna say catastrophe that also works controversy, Yeah, and then they promptly got ran by Houston the next game. Texas Tech, we're used to them being like this turnover four seeing like defense stallwart like they were under Beard and Tubby. But they're a really good offense. They have an elite offense, and they're more about outscoring you. Now under McCasland, I think that Texas Tech goes further in the tournament if I had to throw a dart, but I think Arizona has a better resume right now.
Speaker 2: Arizona is a stereotypical like if they're on they could go to the lead eight. They could also drop their first game.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and they look they continue to play really well in Big twelve Play number twenty. Arizona finally in the up twenty five eighty five BYU seventy four. Not everybody wins in provo. Good game for the Wildcats.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they opened their gauntlet of a back half by pulling away from BYU and impressive fashion down the stretch. They got eighteen from Caleb Love. Uh here is that backstretch though. The last nine games include at Iowa State, at Kansas versus Texas Tech, versus Houston, and at Baylor.
Speaker 3: Oh my gosh, out those five.
Speaker 1: Day they had a Tech or they had at by two. Oh that feels yeah, I think you had to throw it.
Speaker 2: Real shot at one and four.
Speaker 1: And they also have at Kansas State, who I know is not by any stretch like at Kansas State. Is the game after Kansas, which is exactly when you won, and that's next week, and that's that's no longer looking like a layup either. Bramwich is tough, and yeah, Arizona's gonna lose some games. Texas Tech has a pretty rough back nine two, but nobody has it worse than Arizona. So ten and one for now, that's with a buzzer beater over Iowa State. We'll see how long it goes. Hottest team in the land Kansas State seventy one, Arizona State seventy. Cam. You were the only one that got this right, but it cost you a few dollars by not doubling down on your original pick.
Speaker 3: Yeah. In a another edition of why you should not listen to rock Chok blog for any predictions party scoring events, Ryan promptly tweets on rock shock blogs main account.
Speaker 4: Hey guys, if you on free buddy device, put the mortgage on Arizona State binus three. Easy money turns out and he was wrong, just like when he predicted Billanova witched off state major political events or other sporting events. Arizona State, Yeah, Oregon two.
Speaker 3: We can just go down the greatest hits here again? Zaga never Hey game?
Speaker 1: Uh oh, somebody, that was the worst prediction of my life.
Speaker 3: That was pretty bad. I'm not gonna lie, but uh yeah. Anyway, Arizona State jumped out to you fifteen to zero lead, which made roan, which made Ryan feel really intelligent, only to fall behind me halftime. They did use an eleven to two run with two minutes left. Pole had briefly in this time, I texted the group chat and told Ryany sucks. David Engisan putting Kansas State ahead with fifty five seconds left. With just two seconds left, Jaden Quinn Tance was fouled and went to the line for two shots insure DraftKings sports betting fashion. He missed both. Neither looked like they had a chance, But I hope he didn't like your house. You were now homeless. Welcome to twenty twenty five.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so Kansas State in the last eleven games, the game before they play Kansas, right, you take their last eleven Kansas matchups. They are two and nine straight up, and I believe it was even worse against the spread in those games. So usually they're a safe bet before Kansas comes to Bramlege and this and this night though, it wasn't meant to be because Landon's most we all have this. This game is the perfect rock chalk flog trio of crap. I tweeted something stupid and was wrong. Landon made a crappy preseason prediction and was wrong, and Cam put much money on and was wrong. It is for all three of us.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that is really experience.
Speaker 1: Case State though, like kse State is four and oh in their last four games, they're playing a lot better and Coleman Hawkins has been the reason why he is finally playing like a two million dollar player. And yeah, they're they're playing well. This is not a great time for Kansas to go out to Brambleche. We'll see what we think happens. And then we have three crappy games here. Cincinnati ninety three, UCF eighty three. Oh my gosh, I hate picking Cincinnati games. I'm over picking Cincinnati games.
Speaker 2: Yeah, their offense normally sucks, though UCF does appear to be the team too. If your offense sucks, play UCF and you'll be able to work out your problems. Dayda Thomas led the team with twenty points as the Bearcats do get a.
Speaker 1: Win Utah seventy two, Colorado fifty nine. Cam They might be due, but they're still due.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Utah is hanging in there in their first year in the Big twelve. They're five and six after Gabe Mansen Gavin seventeen points. Colorado, who had my calculations, is overly due, is zero to eleven.
Speaker 2: More and more do one loss of time?
Speaker 3: Just wait, they are here for something.
Speaker 1: They might not win a big twelve game like they might. You see up at home that the shot game. Oh, it's gonna get worse. Actually games are Houston and Kansas, and I think Kansas is.
Speaker 2: On the roll.
Speaker 3: If well, they're not winning at Kansas, but they're gonna win something they have to.
Speaker 1: I mean here too. TCU sixty five, West Virginia sixty horn Frogs kind of playing a little better.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and they close strong to get Jamie Dixon his five hundredth win and what his one thousandth game. That would make a lot of sense twenty two and eleven for Vase shan Lett. West Virginia will not have Tucker to rise for the rest of the year, but he does get to play next season. That's a tough blow for West Virginia team that at one point looks like they might be a really good team, especially if Devryes could return. Doesn't look like the season's gonna end up that way for the Mountaineers.
Speaker 1: Oh, but they should be very happy because that means that Kansas will have to go to Morgantown and deal with Tucker de Rye one more time.
Speaker 2: Eight for nine, three thirty points from the game is not.
Speaker 1: Gonna go well Kansas. Kansas hasn't beaten West Virginia since twenty twenty three. It'll be at least three years whenever we get there. Yeah, that's that's not gonna go go. In the Big twelve, Houston and Arizona are ten and one. Right behind them and nipping at their heels is Texas Tech. They're nine and two.
Speaker 2: In fourth, Iowa State in Kansas both seven and four after the Jayhawks get a win BYU Baylor type for fifth. Behind them at six and five.
Speaker 3: In eighth place. We have illiteracy with West Virginia, Mormonism with Utah, Kansas State and Jerome tagger Con and Texas Christian University five and six. Yeah, agriculture and christ and Mormonism and illiteracy.
Speaker 1: The melting bottle of America UCF is by themselves. They're four and seven and in twelfth, which feels perfect for a team that just gets baptized every three games by someone that hangs one hundred on them.
Speaker 2: In thirteenth Arizona State, Oklahoma State, Cincinnati. They are all three and eight, but that's three games better than who's behind them.
Speaker 3: I'm so happy I get to read this one number sixteen Colorado, who, by mil my calculations, will be due anytime soon. Oh to eleven in parentheses, Ryan did right.
Speaker 2: But they're due, They've been, they are now, and I think they will continue to be due.
Speaker 3: They're so due.
Speaker 1: There are nine games left, and Colorado may, legitimately, in a sixteen team league, clinch outright possession of last place, like five games with five games left in the season.
Speaker 2: That is absurd.
Speaker 3: If you finish, If you finish in last place in the Big twelve, do you get relegated to the MAC.
Speaker 2: That's how college fastball should work. That would As as a soccer fan, I'm very in favor of pro ral in all situations.
Speaker 1: See like what we do with Florida whenever they go like a whole game making two threes, as we say, that's attorney band. But Colorado is not going to be anywhere near a tournament. So I think we just start relegating them to the MAC. I think that works. Yeah. Here is an ask RCB before we get into other games at let me cook. Do you think Margaret Thatcher effectively utilized girl power by funneling money to illegally paramilitary death squads in Northern Ireland.
Speaker 2: I mean as someone who has done vast amounts of research and is extremely educated on the geopolitical and not only to speak of the religious implications of the England Northern Ireland divide. I would have to answer with yet wow.
Speaker 1: And nineteen twelve, Jayhawk responded, I was wondering the same thing, which is my favorite response here. That's pretty funny.
Speaker 3: Love, I'm so stupid that when you read that question, I think you were speaking in Chinese. What just happened?
Speaker 1: I'll give you a question that that the three of us, much dumber people can can understand. At the Old Booth sixty nine? Why does the universe have the specific physical constraint or constraint constants that it does. I can't even read the question. I'm so stupid.
Speaker 3: I checked aft checked out after the word constraints.
Speaker 1: I can't just responded with the gift of Patrick and SpongeBob staring blankly in the space, which is pretty good. The specific physical constants? What are the specific physical constants of I'm gonna look this up.
Speaker 2: It's like what basically, so as as I am una bachelorly a Christian on this show, most people who listen for a long time, would know that, Uh, there's another term. Term for this being, like the fine tuning of the universe is a way people, and that's not They're not exactly the same thing, but they do kind of go hand in hand. I've done some I actually have done some research on topics like this. This kind of interests may sometimes. My response to this would be because there is a being that is outside of space and time, which may sound crazy something fair enough, you can have that opinion. That's totally fine. It's it's not the most like normal thing of all time, but I think it's I think it's the only way the universe can't exist, that there is something outside of space and time that is placed all of space and time in space and time has created space and time itself, and I think that person created the universe in a specific way to exist in a specific way.
Speaker 1: See Google says it's the speed of light, the gravitational constant, the plant constant, the elementary charge, the fine structure constant, and the cosmological and they all have a little Greek symbols. So I'm not sure that I'm sorry that just killed me.
Speaker 2: That's the greatest ideological I've ever seen in my life.
Speaker 1: Such a good question, which you did at the Old Booth sixty nine. And then to really bring us back into the circle, not the circle of the universe, but you know, just a circle at K Tweets and News says, what is the worst condiment and why is it? Mustard?
Speaker 2: Must Mustard's pretty cool. Do you know how many.
Speaker 3: Weeks I've had ruined by having mayonnaise put on a sandwich that I didn't want it on?
Speaker 2: Mayonnaise?
Speaker 1: Yeah, the mayonaise take is going to really grind some gears on this show because Landon and Nick were Mayo connoisseurs.
Speaker 2: I'm a big Mayo guy.
Speaker 3: It's just like it's oil and eggs, Like, who, like, what are we doing?
Speaker 1: No Tweets and News. If you were an influencer who had to make an apology video, how would you do it? Terrell Owens, that's my quarterback style.
Speaker 3: No, I just apologize for to kJ Adams repeatedly while Bill Solf holds me hostage with a gun to the back of my head.
Speaker 1: And a few other groups that I will not specify for considering what I've had to beep out on your last two podcasts.
Speaker 3: I would go on apology arcs Landrith.
Speaker 1: Oh Man, that's so good. If I could tell anybody what happened with that, they see that, I can tell you walk away things. Landon did the thing you you're starting to do it too, wherever you're not quiet on purpose for a second, but then after like three seconds it does become an uncle at Kate tweets and news on a scale of flaccid too completely rock hard. What's your's? Iowa State team? Is Fran for Scilla's favorite? Oh Man, that's good.
Speaker 5: Well, I think it's so Uh. The the Fred Hoiberg George Niang Monte Morris team was a solid eleven thirty on the sixth twelve scale for Fran.
Speaker 3: At least I think this is this question.
Speaker 2: Uh, he's a couple pumps probably into this team.
Speaker 3: Oh, I'm so uncomfortable.
Speaker 1: Other games, the biggest matchup this week was in New York, where Eli Manning played not a Hall of Fame quarterback number twelve Saint John's took down number eleven Marquette and an entertaining seventy to sixty four win. The Johnnies are now twenty and three under Rick Patino, which is their best start in multiple decades. They also sit atop of the Big East with a colossal showdown at it should not be ranked Yukon team coming on Saturday.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Saint John's good. Rick Patino may be too old, but he does have a good team there.
Speaker 1: Good coach, maybe the best x's and o's coach in this generation of college basketball. All he does is win wherever he goes. He has brought that team back from the dead and at the age of what like seventy two, still has people loving playing for him. He is. He is all you can say all you want about Rick Patino. From a personal perspective, I know there's a lot of issues there, But from a sheer basketball coach ability, I'm not sure there's a better one in the twenty first century in college than Rick Patino.
Speaker 2: A guy that has a lot of coaches ahead of him on the good at basketball coaching port Moser. Would you believe it if I told you that Porter played a really good team and got absolutely rocked, Because that is what happened. Yet again, this Oklahoma went down to Number one Auburn as a heavy underdog, and boy did they prove that correct. They somehow managed to do significantly worse than expected. They lost by twenty eight points ninety eight to seventy to a Tiger team that is as hot as it gets. And I mean what Auburn's twenty and one now twenty one and one?
Speaker 1: Yep I wrote that Porter I wrote that Porter Sniff's farts. I didn't want to say it, so irapis, but I'll read he Sniff's farts also oh and six against Bill self.
Speaker 3: You know what's here? Here, you guys go it' Speaking of farts, it's time to unleash the fact of the day. This is my this is my window. Did you got? We're you guys aware that farts have led to global conflicts, including an ancient Greece ancient eveypt excuse me, a single fart by a Roman soldier during a tense situation in Jerusalem is reported to have triggered a revolt against the Egyptian king a prieze, leading to significant unrest and bloodshed. So guys, just be careful the next time you're in a grocery store line, think about what can happen.
Speaker 1: How do they know that? How all those centuries and centuries, I mean, like honestly recorded history. Do they know that.
Speaker 3: You're kind of a legend, dude, Like if you let one out that's so foul that you dethrone a king, like you're kind of honestly, you're that deserves to be told, Like I hope I can hang a banner one day that says I dethroned the United States government by just dropping a deuce in the middle of a target.
Speaker 1: You know what, Cam, You know what, Camp, The fact of the day is a challenge for you because you have to find when to fart pun intended slip it into the show, and you managed to do an outstanding job with that. You also had to know at some point that farts were gonna come up on the show, because that's what the show is. Unlistenable and filled with fart.
Speaker 3: It's just full indigestion and diarrhea. Speaking of that, Rick Barnes.
Speaker 2: What can the big exact same political standoff? Or if there's ever a protest of any kind in your area, you have to go there and fart just see what happens.
Speaker 3: I mean, I'm fine, honestly, you know what. It's it might be what I've been put on this earth to do. I just I'm still figuring it out. Speaking of being put on this earth to do terrible things. Rick Barnes and the SEC number four ten seed beat a beat number fifteen Missouri team in a high score in eighty five to eighty one. Game Number six Florida took care of Vanderbilt, but the big story was No. Twenty five old miss who stampeded over Number fourteen Kentucky ninety eight to eighty four. The Wildcats defense is now outside the top one hundred and ten pound. That's incredible. Everybody's still chasing Auburn in Alabama. Nobody else in this conference really matters.
Speaker 1: Yeah, at this point, Kentucky is horrendous on defense, as you just said, like it is just unfathomable to watch and Mark Pope, you know, he'll he'll get he'll get his feet wet at a at an SEC school where defense is a lot more important than it was in the WCC a lot of those years wherever BYU just flat out tried to outscore teams. It's not gonna work too well against you know, it'll work whenever Santa Clara and Pacific are on the other side.
Speaker 2: And now you got it right, which is why Kansas just annihilated BYU when they walked into Allen Field House, just hung a hundred on them and didn't look back.
Speaker 1: Dam yea oh man, that is that was Hunter Dickerson's fault. The highest ranked team to lose this week not named Iowa State was number nine Michigan State. Sparty trailed for most of the night at UCLA, only to tie the game late and then blow it in the closing seconds. The Bruins won sixty three to sixty one. That's two losses in a row for suddenly no longer in control of their own destiny to win the league, Michigan State.
Speaker 2: And that's because now leading the Big Ten is number seven Perdue, who won at Lowsey, Iowa ninety to eighty one. Also in the Big Ten, Number twenty four Michigan held off Oregon, putting the Boilermakers, Spartans, and Wolverines in a three way tie atop of the conference race.
Speaker 3: Number two Duke continues to run away with the ACC race, reaching twelve to zero league play after rolling Syracuse at the Carrier Dome. By twenty nine. They have a two game cushion on Louisville and Clemson after the latter lost a three overtime game to a horrendous Georgia Tech team also in the conference. Virginia is eleven and twelve on the season. They are a year one of their one thousand year punishment that God handed out with them for hiring Tony Bennett.
Speaker 1: Yep, yes, they are screw them and screw them hard. And what Cam wrote here, I ro also wrote that about Gonzaga, And what Cam wrote there is so brilliant and I wish everybody could see what he wrote because it is just poetic brilliance. Most Cam and poetic brilliance really go hand in hand. Like it's it's too bad that some of the things that you say truly cannot get out otherwise rock chalk blag gets shut down.
Speaker 3: I'm like a very misunderstood Robert Frost.
Speaker 1: It's just that's that that should be on your tombstone one day, Cam, did DePaul beIN?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 3: They did.
Speaker 1: If Kyle Neptune beats you in uh by double digits, uh, you have to shut down the program. It has to be over for de Paul because wow, just terrible. Also uh in the WCC uh loyal or who the hell is the leading the league?
Speaker 4: Is it?
Speaker 1: Saint Mary's is it? Oh Mary, they are. They lost tonight to San Francisco, So who knows what's gonna happen in that horrible league.
Speaker 3: Oh my goodness.
Speaker 1: Ranked team to lose since the last time we did a podcast. We just told you that the highest ranked team to lose was Iowa State and they are number eight ISU losing bill to Jayhawks, Yes Bill.
Speaker 2: Number nine. Michigan State, they lost to UCLA.
Speaker 3: Number eleven. Marquette lost to Saint John's number fourteen.
Speaker 1: Kentucky didn't just lose, They got run out of the arena by Ole Miss.
Speaker 2: They were afraid of Chris Beard. Number fifteen to the Zoo lost to.
Speaker 3: Tennessee number eighteen. Maryland lost to Ohio State. Cams on the board on DraftKings for that one woo.
Speaker 1: And number twenty three Illinois, who's falling fast, lost to Rutgers and Indiana not a ranked team to lose, but they lost their coach, Mike Woodson will be stepping down at the end of the season. It's very sad for anybody who does not like to see Indiana win basketball games. Yep, we have a couple of ascars. I guess no, I just blow the airhorn. It's time for ascarcd. Alright, let's see here. All right, Well we're doing okay with time, all things considered, after a good Kansas win and lots of other games, so let's just rock with this at Ryan Underscore, Landrath. Who are Bill Self's top five current NBA players?
Speaker 2: Obviously, Joel embiid Wiggins is.
Speaker 1: Two, still in kick that down. Yes, Wiggans is still too, by a decent clip.
Speaker 4: I think.
Speaker 1: Then you go a lot of probably. I think you could argue Christian Brown. I think you, Dick. I think Grady's in there. I don't think it's definitely. Christian Brown and the Morris Twins are still kicking it.
Speaker 2: There.
Speaker 1: I think it actually it three, four and five right now in some order are Brown, Ubray, and Grady. I don't know which order.
Speaker 2: Grady is five right now for now, he's five. Yes, I think guy's having a good season. Christian Brown's averaging fourteen points and shooting thirty seven percent from three, also averging almost five rebounds in over.
Speaker 1: The Bray's probably averaging more than that, though, I'll be it on a worst team. Let's see, Ubra's having a really good year. Ubray had a twenty points a game season a couple years ago.
Speaker 2: Ubray is averaging just less points, also fourteen, a few more rebounds, a couple more minutes, and only shooting twenty nine percent from three.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he's not the shooter that Brown is for sure. Grady Dick also is averaging sixteen points a game in his second year in the NBA, and he hasn't really found a consistent three point shot yet. He's a career thirty five percent three point shooter, which is I mean for the Grady Dick. We saw he was the best shooting prospect in the class, so you expect that to get better as he gets older. I think he's on his way to being an All Star. But Christian Brown is is. Christian Brown's already so much better than I think anybody really thought he would be in the NBA.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he's a legit starter on the Nuggets, who are a good team. That's crazy.
Speaker 1: Who are selfs best three NBA players if you look at their whole careers, it's still em beat in Wiggins one and two, and then I think it's probably the Morrises easily, uh, and then five probably Christian Brown. He's an NBA champion.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's not. See mkay Luke getting passed round to ten teams and making like two threes every three weeks.
Speaker 1: You know who's quietly though, who and I think some of us thought this would happen. But you know who's quietly having a solid NBA season is Jalen Wilson.
Speaker 2: He is he's legitimately okay on a truly atrocious basketball team. But he's not bad.
Speaker 1: Yeah, doesn't help. He hasn't shot the ball well from three, and his volume is really high, but he's averaging ten points a game. So Bill self, it seemed like for a while he didn't have as much NBA success as we had thought. A coach considering his output into the NBA draft should suggest he's had some really nice ones in the last few years. Grady Dick and Christian Brown have really upped his NBA output by getting two guys that are that young and already averaging fifteen ish points per game. At let's see here, we've already done some of these. There's a really good question for Matt Berner Goff eighteen zero a zero two that has five different KU teams, and you have to answer which one is the best. We talked about that one in our group chat and on Twitter earlier. Go check that one out. It would just take us too long to analyze on the air at Show Me. Hawk kind of feels weird to be excited about Royals baseball this time of year. It's the first time that they've had real expectations in almost a decade. Do you think that they will be in contention for the Al Central title? No, because they had insane luck last year with injury health, and they've done effing nothing to make the offense better this offseason, aside from trading away Brady Singer for a second basement, the offensive or the outfield is still dreadful, and I don't think the rotation's gonna stay as healthy. I'm irritated they still haven't signed a big bat.
Speaker 2: Yes, correct, I'm not super super into the Royals all that much. They were fun to watch last year, so I don't have like crazy opinions, but I think everything Ryan says is probably true.
Speaker 1: Bobby went fun no opinion on this at Preston Skirsik. How sweet was it when Fran complained NonStop about the no foul call and then Zeke Mayo immediately hits a smooth step back three as Franis though complaint that was awesome, an awesome miss, and that really made Frank boring.
Speaker 3: Asket, wasn't that where he was like, see that was a five point swing right there.
Speaker 1: Yes, that's the exact quote. Yeah, he was. And then somebody in the student section zoomed in on Fran whenever they stopped, whenever the refs called the fallon Iowa State, and he like throws his hands up in the air. Was hilarious, good work. I see before the show, I was told I was going to get help reading.
Speaker 2: Oh hey, I got you from at Burner Gough eighteen two favorite most memorable Cinderella team in March.
Speaker 1: U NBC because they killed Tony Bennett. God bless them.
Speaker 2: Correct, that's a really good one.
Speaker 1: Uh not, sister Gene, tell you that.
Speaker 2: I liked the Loyola run. I know, Ryan can't get over sister Jean existing.
Speaker 1: That's a lucky run.
Speaker 2: They're all lucky runs. What are we doing?
Speaker 3: Yes, towards like a Night.
Speaker 1: Won the game by twenty Loyola needed two buzzer beaters, Like what is a factor here? Yeah?
Speaker 2: But that's what makes that fun is that That's exactly how that was, UNBC. That is like an all time sports memory for me. I watched that at your house. We did a.
Speaker 1: Podcast we watched that.
Speaker 3: I stood wine for Little Caesars or Hungry Hours how he is, I can't remember which one it was. Have like a free pizza promo of a sixteen seed ever beat a one I stood they did two hours the next day.
Speaker 1: I was thinking the other day that Perdue also lost as a one seed to a sixteen and nobody really cares because we just kind of expected that to happen to Purdue eventually. The Virginia one was shocking, like the Virginia game might be the biggest upset in the last ten years of all American sports.
Speaker 3: Oh for sure. And that team was really good too. That Virginia team was actually really good. But they're they're and style was terrible and just.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and it pisses me off if that team responded by winning a title because I wanted that team to wear that forever. I wanted that to be what broke the camel's back for Virginia basketball forever, and instead they won the damn ship the next year. Not VCU, though, to to follow up what Cam said. There at Dick Underscore, Taser Rate, these places to watch the super Bowl, bar, house at the game, super Bowl party.
Speaker 2: Obviously it costs the amount of like a year's salary.
Speaker 1: But yeah, I don't think the game would be fun. I don't think being there would be fun. Like you just on pins and needles the whole time, watching your favorite team, knowing if they're going to make ten grand a waste of your night.
Speaker 3: I think that's true.
Speaker 6: Yeah, depends last year in a Yeah, I was at a bar last year with my girlfriend and then a couple of her friends or whatever, and honestly very overrated experience.
Speaker 3: It just was a bunch of drunk people and I didn't really care about the game.
Speaker 1: So one is SUPERO party at your own house. Two is super Bowl party, Three is house. Four is bar five at the game?
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, I think that's right.
Speaker 1: I'm Wayne Kerr also says I'm going to be listening to this while doing a three hour pen to Pence. Why can't I pentathlon? Oh my gosh, I had it's five events, right, what is it? What? Let's look at up? Well Landon gets the next question, probably like a pentathlon, he said, So please make it entertaining. Southlong is fencing, shooting, swimming, riding, and cross country running. Wow, fencing is colport. That is a cool sport. Wayne is cooler than us.
Speaker 3: I thought it was gonna be like you got a churned butter, ride a horse, shoot an air rifle at a movie target. It's all a crossbord puzzle and then.
Speaker 1: The West of Virginia correctly crashing.
Speaker 2: That's what they're going to add in the Olympics next time.
Speaker 3: Yes, yeah, sport.
Speaker 1: It's a better Olympic sport than ping pong. Sorry, Nick, I know you're not listening.
Speaker 2: Bad take You might be from it at aj Stevenson, How bad would k you have to be? And for how long before you decide they aren't worth podcasting about anymore?
Speaker 1: Oh, that's a great question.
Speaker 3: One season of Mike Woodson.
Speaker 2: I'm convinced Ryan's gonna be doing this in forty years after Kansas has missed the tournament like thirty consecutive years, Number one and Rys it's going to be on next year. I swear, I promise.
Speaker 1: Hey, you know what, I think that honestly, some of the more fun shows we've had or whenever Kansas is for their standards bad. You are correct probably that that COVID year team was a lot of fun and that was the worst team they've had.
Speaker 3: I just would rather not have to watch that again.
Speaker 1: Really bad is the answer for me, Really really bad.
Speaker 2: Another one from at Chris Sirco two. It's you guys, meaning the I TP crew US three versus el Marco Jackson, Nick Timberlake and Zach Clements first of twenty one wins. Who wins them one zero?
Speaker 1: Yes, but had to and and like you could you could definitely we're losing in any scenario, and you could you could like say, what are the three players that you would not want to play against?
Speaker 3: Uh?
Speaker 1: And el Marco and Timberlake would be come to mind because they weren't good at Kansas, but they're superb athletes, Like we would just get they're good, posterize, yes they are really good.
Speaker 2: We would lose.
Speaker 1: I think the question's funny. Who do you think is a better basketball player at their collegiate peak? What we've seen from Nick Timberlake or what we could see from al Marco Jackson, Like it's it's an unknown obviously.
Speaker 2: I need you have to take the question mark of al Marco Jackson over the known nothing that is Nick Timberlake.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Timberlake is a disappointment. Man. That was so disappointing. Probably thought he was going to be so so good at Jayhawk Junkies. What is your biggest KU superstition? Is there a shirt you wear, a routine, a type of beverage, a special TV cam you feel like the most likely of the three of us to have a superstition.
Speaker 3: I don't. Honestly, I used to. I used to wear like a I got this Paul Pierce jersey ship, like straight from China. It was like bootleg, but it was kind of cool and I'd wear that every single game. And then it is lost in the Elite eight multiple years in a row, and I was like, that's not two in the tricks. So my superstition is now I just fire at bats some DraftKings and that's it. Honestly, I don't have anything. I really don't.
Speaker 1: I don't really have a superstition. Like ever, every year since I moved out of my parents' house six years ago, KU or the Chiefs have either played in the in the championship event. So I guess I'll just keep watching games away from my parents' house. That's superstitious enough and it results in success.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, that makes sense.
Speaker 2: Notious.
Speaker 3: I don't have a good answer to that one, but I will tell you my superstition for inside the paint. Uh. If it's a night that doesn't involve anything of importance, the next day, I will have an adult beverage while I rile off terrible facts about farts, beaver antal glands, colossal poops and yeah, you know, good time.
Speaker 1: To break in this question, which is about fran at Elliott rus in h one, in light of what happened on Twitter after the game the other night, who are the worst non favorite broadcasters in college basketball? And why are the tough you Brian Hami and Fran for Scilla. All right, let me tell you real quickly. Obviously I've had some harsh words about Brian Haney, but I have absolutely just because I disagree with his announcing style, I have no questions about him as a person. Fran for Scilla just seems legitimately miserable. Like I wouldn't want to be around Fran at any given point. I don't like whoever the like bottom two teams that do the first round of the March Madness games like that just gets so old. I don't know that that Like, I don't really hate a lot of broadcasting teams. I can't stand Dick Fight Tel no more, please, I know he keeps trying too. No, no, we don't.
Speaker 3: He's annoying to me. Great guy, but really annoying. I also don't like Clark Kellogg.
Speaker 1: Yah, I see, I think that's an interesting that's it. That's at least it stands out take. He's all right, Like it's kind of like he's a robot, but he's he at least knows what he's watching. Dick Fight Tell, I don't know if he knows where.
Speaker 3: He is, probably not. He should run for a public office.
Speaker 1: Actually at the wheel reel too, Yeah, because today alone Pelosi walked out of the Capitol Building with a cane and McConnell was wheeled out in a wheelchair on the same damn day. At the wheel Reel two, what are some of y'all's favorite Kansas basketball sequences and plays that can stack up with the kJ Adams dung so in Bramleage A couple of years or like seven years ago at this point, Frank Mason had a play wherever he had a shot blocked on the on end ye, and then he ran ninety four feet back across to block the shot on the other end. And it was insane.
Speaker 3: I do remember like fly out of bounds or something like that.
Speaker 1: Yep, into the chairs, yep. And coolest play I've ever seen an Allen Field House live was Thomas Robinson's alley up against Baylor.
Speaker 2: That's rad Oachi. I was in person Oachi hitting a three to send it to double overtime against Texas Tech a couple seasons ago. That was really rad. That's a great one.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that was. And then I mean there Bill, there was a play against Texas in twenty fifteen where there were like six different dive on the floor after a loose ball play and in a short amount of time that ended with an and one for Kansas, and Bill self was like pumping his fist the whole time, Like speaking of six to twelve. That's one that I remember as just just popping out.
Speaker 2: The West Virginia comeback where Carlton Brag of all people like dove on the floor for a ball, passed it out. Yeah, ball gets to Devonte Grammy dribbles pulls up three knocks it down and the comeback continues.
Speaker 1: Yeah, is that when Josh Jackson got an assist from his ass Yes? Yeah, yes, yeah remember that play? That was good. That was a wild game at Mayo Zeke Berner. Why did they ever move away from Ryland starting because Bill self and it was stupid. We told you that then and we told you that now. Glad to see that certain accounts have have always been right on that cam to your credit at show Me, Hawk says this podcast would be far angrier if Mike Woodson was KU's coach.
Speaker 2: Uh huh accurate?
Speaker 3: Yeah, no, I just they would be. Yeah, it'd lead to substance abuse and probably me quitting.
Speaker 1: Did we get them all landing? Anything else?
Speaker 2: I think there's at Danish Danny Boy, would you rather go on a date to the Wheel with at the Real Wheel two or go with kJ Adams protect me?
Speaker 1: The Wheel Wheel two made me think Doug McDaniel's a litter and I'll give him a chance.
Speaker 3: That's so funny. Yeah, you won my heart for that one, dude.
Speaker 2: This is very fair.
Speaker 1: Was outstanding. We did it. We successfully went through all of the ascarcbs in time to preview. You know you know what's coming, all right, guess what happens on Saturday Number sixteen, Kansas at Kansas date on Saturday, February eighth, at one o'clock on ESPN, day before the Super Bowl, And boy is it gonna feel well, it'll feel like a Super Bowl for some of them in Manhattan, Kansas.
Speaker 2: It's gonna have to because the k State Wildcats are one of the most disappointing teams in the country but also somehow one of the hottest. Right now, they're eleven and eleven, which is out really atrocious, but they've won four in a row, bringing their conference record up to five and six, and one of those wins was a like nineteen point drubbing of Iowa State, So anything can happen.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Kansas State has a smaller than usual starting five to see six nine two hundred twenty pounds. David in Ghassan lead the squad with thirteen points sevent rebounds. He shoots sixty four percent. He uses his athleticism to draw free point contact, though he's a sub sixty percent free throw shooter. Next to him is four men Coleman Hawkins, who's played much better as of late, directly leading the team to improved output. Hawks averages eleven, seven and five and flirted with a triple double Inflawrence.
Speaker 1: The backcourt has potentially illiterate point guard Doug McDaniel and his ten points not a good three points definitely allegedly not a good three point shooter, but he drives to the cup pretty well because he doesn't drive his pencil into those SAT exams, especially not the reading portion. White guy of the Game candidate, this is probably gonna be the guy that decides the game. Brendan Halsen is a six to four guard that has turned into one of the best three point shooters in the Big Twelve. He's really come on strong this year, averaging twelve points and shooting north of forty percent that is forty two percent from three ode to Will Spradling. We know that he's gonna put a few in the basket this weekend. CJ. Jones Max Jones, who has a colossal tattoo of who I'm assuming is his grandma on his bicep, an old lady's face on his arm, and I'm not kidding. It is a massive fortrait. So that's how I know that's that's who that is. And micauleieb Rich all get reserve minutes on a deep but haven't geled that well until recently. At least Kansas State roster.
Speaker 2: The Wildcats' best metric is their passing numbers. They protect the ball and they run opponents off the three point line pretty well. They have decent defensive numbers typically avoid foul trouble. Offensively, what started as a horror show is slowly getting better along with you know, the couple of their best players are also slowly getting better, as they shoot forty five percent from the floor, barely thirty five percent from three. They're barely in the top three hundred rebounding with the exception of Gassan. Nobody consistently draws fouls either, so don't expect case State to score a ton of points, even though that is trending in the right direction, and they have put up some good numbers recently.
Speaker 3: All time, Bill self is fourteen and seven at Bramwich Coliseum, but he started nine to one and he's just five and six in his last eleven trips there. But over the last decade, Kansas is three and zero there when the game is played on Saturday. Verse three and six when it's on weekdays.
Speaker 1: How about that. That's Rock Chuck Blog just autistically knowing stats. That's how I knew that. I didn't have to look that up. Yeah, that's just called Ryan. On this show. I try to get Land and to go to this game, and then we looked at ticket prices and realized, oh wow, they really do only care about one game. Come on, Land, and you're telling me that you wouldn't want to go and pump your fist as hard as you can tell.
Speaker 2: I am gonna pass. Actually I need to save money.
Speaker 1: Oh all right, all right, well we can save money. But will the Jayhawks be saving a win after Saturday? Cam, you said on the last show that you were gonna pick them to lose this game. Have you changed your tune?
Speaker 3: Yeah? I have. Shockingly, Kansas wins sixty nine nice to sixty three. I probably will be so wrong with this pick, but hey, I hope I'm right.
Speaker 1: I'm not going that.
Speaker 2: I think Kansas win in a close game. I'll say Jayhawks seventy to sixty six. Do not think this is a pretty game. I think they do just enough. I think k State genuinely gives them a real run. Here now because Kansas is bad. This is a tough environment. Case State is hot, I think they are going to give them a real shot. Wouldn't even be shocked to see k State win because that's just how this might go this year. But I do think KU escapes to win. They should be the better team, even though k State is surgeon.
Speaker 1: Rivalry games are weird. Right On one hand, I want to say that Kansas State has the upper hand in these games because they care about it more than anybody else and they're coming in hot. On the other hand, they're eleven and eleven and Kansas is due for some good fortune here. They haven't had a lot of success in end of game situations, and a lot of that's their own fault. But over the course of a big sample size, you are going to see a team that is consistently overachieving or underachieving. Rather according to the computers, this is a top seven to ten by a lot of the computer metrics, and Kansas State just isn't. Even after their winning streak, Kansas State is still outside the top sixty on Ken Palm. This is seven versus sixty two on Ken Pom. If you trust the computers, you should say this is whenever both of those start to rise back to where they relatively should be and Kansas wins. If you value rivalry games and hard environments to win in, you should think Kansas State has a real chance here. I'm gonna side with the computers. I think that Kansas wins by more than the spread indicates Kansas seventy two Kansas State sixty. I think the Jayhawks win a game that is more or less in control of the second half because they are not, to quote Camon say they're due, but if you believe that they are the top ten team that the computers say they are, they are bound to have some better fortune down the stretch of some of these games. And Kansas State, as good as their last couple weeks have been, that one win in Iowa State being a humongous outlier. Right now, there is nothing that we've seen from Kansas State this year that would make us think that Kansas not only should lose this game, but should win by less than a handful. It should be a Kansas win, and if it's not, it's more troubling than both Baylor and Houston's losses were. As weird as that is to say, other games in the Big twelve. TCU at number eight Iowa State. Not going with the Cyclones to lose a fourth straight, correct, yep. UCF at Baylor Boy Baylor wins the games they should win. I guess that means they'll win this.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and their offense will probably look pretty good doing it.
Speaker 3: Yep.
Speaker 1: Number five Houston at winless Colorado. These teams are combined eleven and thirteen or eleven and twelve or whatever that is in conference games. Pretty even matchup, right.
Speaker 2: The Kuks.
Speaker 3: I want to pick Colorado for fun, but I'm not going to give me Houston.
Speaker 1: Houston has just slept through like the second half against Tech and then they really screwed around with Oklahoma State. This feels like when they just sit on a team. They're up like twenty to four and it's just over like that. Utah at Western Virginia. This feels like a potential trap spot for the Mountaineers. But they've lost a couple. I'll say they refocus.
Speaker 2: Yeah, in Utah has been better than expected, but not good by any stretch, So I'll take West Virginia as well.
Speaker 3: Yep. Same.
Speaker 1: My prediction with Utah is you see them really tank the last few games here. They are not used to this sort of grind. They've kind of played over their head. I could see a scenario where they lose like seven or eight in a row here to end things BYU at Cincinnati. Oh my gosh, I don't want to pick another Cincinnati game, but here I am. Give me the Bearcats.
Speaker 2: Same got to sure?
Speaker 3: Why not?
Speaker 1: Number thirteen Texas Tech at number twenty Arizona two teams that I think are due to lose. I will take Wildcats at the Kale Center. I guess.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Give me the home team in a high scoring affair.
Speaker 3: Give me Texas attack.
Speaker 1: Arizona State at Oklahoma State. Nobody wants to pick this game. Nobody wants to watch it, but I guess a few empty seats still will Cowboys at home?
Speaker 2: Yep?
Speaker 3: Give me Arizona State.
Speaker 1: And other games. Number twelve Saint John's first play Saint John's on the road. At number nineteen, Yukon. Do they take down the defending champs?
Speaker 2: They do? Rick Patino out classes somehow, somehow, Rick Patino outclasses a head coach. He outclasses hurly.
Speaker 3: They do not give me you gun?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think Yukun wins. I think this is the this is the just the I almost did it Land, and I get where you're coming from with it. Number four Tennessee at Oklahoma. Not picking the upset here Vols big, yep, yep, same. I keep putting Oklahoma games in here, trying to get anybody to take the bait, but no one does. Number twenty four Michigan at the recently found out they're gonna have a new coach Indiana. I say it fires them up, and the Hoosiers a dub.
Speaker 2: I agree. Tough place to play.
Speaker 3: I actually actually am gonna agree there.
Speaker 1: Number eleven Marquette at Creighton. Creighton's had it a good year. I think that they win this one.
Speaker 2: I do too.
Speaker 3: Sure.
Speaker 1: Number ten Texas A and M. At number fifteen Missouri, are you feeling the Tigers?
Speaker 2: I am?
Speaker 3: I think so too.
Speaker 1: This is the spot where I'm gonna pick Missouri to cool off a little bit. I will take the Aggies on the roads. Number two Dukes still undefeated at Clemson, who is in second place? Is it enough?
Speaker 3: Yes?
Speaker 2: Clemson gets them?
Speaker 1: Wow?
Speaker 3: I don't think so, Duke.
Speaker 1: I mean, eventually they're gonna trip up. But like it's you're not gonna pick it. Unless you're Yeah, I think Duke wins. Clemson's not any good. They lost that game in three overtimes because they were looking ahead to it though, so maybe it makes sense. And number three Alabama at Arkansas. John Calipari's team is starting to turn some heads a little bit.
Speaker 2: I say they win, Alabama puts up an Nbasque number and wins.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm taking Bama.
Speaker 1: Bama or Arkansas just won at Texas, so they've won two road games in a row. Coming home and Texas.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I know.
Speaker 1: Don't don't let John Caliperry get hot now, don't let it happen. Okay, So when are we recording this next show? Because it ain't gonna be during the super Bowl.
Speaker 2: That is correct. We'll figure it out Sunday. We'll text about it.
Speaker 1: We have got to get a show out in the nick of time before Colorado comes in here on Tuesday night, though maybe during a snowstorm.
Speaker 2: Can be pining for us to pick all.
Speaker 3: Two people that care about that show will listen.
Speaker 1: If Colorado at Kansas was played one hundred times, how many times would Kansas lose?
Speaker 3: Zero three?
Speaker 1: I think I think it. I think it's closing. It's closer to zero than three.
Speaker 2: I think, yeah, that's probably true. They would they would more. I think maybe two is the answer.
Speaker 1: Like in this scenario, are we like because if it's like a hundred game series, Colorado's gonna figure some things out, Like by game sixty three of the series, when they're ohing sixty two, they will figure out that kJ Adams can't shoot, so just.
Speaker 2: Don't guard him.
Speaker 1: But like, if you're truly randomizing this game a one hundred times, I don't know if they win any of.
Speaker 2: Them they'd get they'd get they'd get one or two, but it's not much.
Speaker 3: They'd be gae.
Speaker 1: Watch them win anyway. Maybe two. Well, they've lost the first twelve, so they only have eighty eight more to go. This is inside the Paint on Rock Chalk Blog.
Speaker 2: I'm Ryan Lander, I'm Landing Fields.
Speaker 3: And I'm Cam.
Speaker 1: All right, good night to all of you, and good night to Cam's fart joke of the day.
Speaker 3: Bye, Mike Woodson