Speaker 1: All right, now, Billy cunning in the Great American will work on this Friday afternoon the Tri State, and the weather's a bit efnie. Tomorrow supposed to have a lot of rain and all hells to break loose Saturday night, end of Sunday with grain storms and snow and ice and so much more. Stay tuned for more. Ain't love Graham. This is Valentine's Day. I can think of nothing better than having Rob Sanders on this Friday afternoon in the Tri State. And Rob, first of all, Happy Valentine's Day to you and yours.
Speaker 2: How about that?
Speaker 3: Willie?
Speaker 4: Thank you for having me on Happy Friday, Happy Valentine's Day. It is appropriate because I love being on your show.
Speaker 1: Ain't love grand Now three or four issues are percolating off the air.
Speaker 2: You told me the story.
Speaker 1: We got to talk about ice attainment, which is happening all over northern Kentucky with Boone County jail numbers are really high. We have to talk about Mitch McConnell. I'm promoting you, Colonel Sanders, to be the next Senator from this great state of Kentucky, who's now in a wheelchair, not capable of moving much less thank you. But until then you told me the story of another Cincinnati and who found their way to northern Kentucky. Unfortunately, he was shot in the headshot in the face, got eighty years in prison. Give the American people a full report.
Speaker 4: Well, there was a fellow by the name of Mark West who was over in Chevy at which my understanding is over on the west side of Cincinnati somewhere maybe the west side of Hamilton County, but anyway, I've never been to Chevy, I don't think, but he stole a car from a gas station over there. A fellow that was leaving his night shift job at a local White Castle. Sorry I couldn't think of the restaurant name. Leaving a local white Castle that was open twenty four hours in the morning. When he got off work, stopped at the gas station, got ali Carr, left his cell phone in the car, went inside, and when he came back out, the car was gone. That cell phone's important because after reporting his car stolen to the Chevy police, the victim of this car theft and his girlfriend got a ride from a neighbor and they followed an app on that phone called LIGHTE three sixty and followed that car all around town, all over downtown Cincinnati, eventually across the bridge the one that I want to build a wall on, but across the Brent Spence Bridge, and followed him up by seventy five to Fort Mitchell where the car had exited, and imparked me into the gas pumps at the Fort Mitchell Kroger. And they followed the dot on their light three sixty app into the Kroger parking lot, saw the car. Wish they had called the Fort Mitchell police them let Chief Rob Nator and all the professionals in Fort Mitchell go apprehend their car for him, But they took it upon themselves to go try and reclaim their stolen property. Each the mail and the female snuck up to the car, one on each side, and as the male tried to climb in the driver's seat, the female started shouting into the driver to give her a car back on this Mark West character Willie, instead of getting out and giving up the car he had stolen, he tried to drive away, and he's dragging this lady's boyfriend by the passenger side door, and she pulled out her lawfule own handgun and shot him in order to stop him and disable him from driving away, dragging her boyfriend possibly to his death. The boyfriend was thrown from the vehicle. Fortunately he sustained a head injury, but it was holding minor knocked him out. Might have a little CTE, but no permanent damage hopefully. When he woke back up, they had found that this Mark West character had driven the car across the parking lot after crashing the car into a propane tank sales beIN or where they're selling a propane tanks, and I wonder you didn't blow himself up, and then drove across the parking lot and crashed into the pickup truck, a park pickup truck that was owned by a retired Marine Corps colonel. Fortunately the colonel was inside doing some grocery shopping wasn't injured when he struck that pickup truck, but he did total the colonel's pickup truck. So we prosecuted mister West for receiving stolen property. We prosecuted him for criminal mischief for the damage he did both to the victim's car and the pickup truck he crashed into, and we prosecuted him from wanting in dangement for dragging one of the victims with the car as he drove across the parking lot. After the jury took only twenty minutes to find him guilty of all those offenses, which for the most part were entirely captured on the Kroger store security cameras, the jury got to hear about its criminal history. Willie and this character had ten prior felony convictions, none of them out of Kenton County, but ten por felony convictions in seven prior cases. So the same jury also found him guilty of being a persistent felony offender in the first degree, and when it came time to sentence him, they recommended twenty years on the wanton dangement, twenty years on the receiving stolen property, in ten years for each criminal mischief, all consecuted for a total of sixty years. Now keep in mind when this victim shot mister West as he was driving away dragging her boyfriend with the car. She shot him right in the face, the heck of a shot. And thank god she didn't shoot her own boyfriend because he was in the passenger seat right next to mister West. But nevertheless, she hit her target. Shot him right in the face. The bullet lodged in his jaw. He had to be taken to medical treatment at University Hospital and he was eventually arrested on a warrant by the Fort Mitchell Police because we had the extra died him back here, as we do whenever somebody gets charged after they've been taken over to the University Hospital. But Chief Ropinator was one of the first police officers on the scene actually put the cups on Mark West himself. We had a couple officers, Tim Pang Galil and Corey Warner testified for US at trial, along with Detective Jess Hamblin who led the investigation. Heck of a job by all parties, but we were very happy with the outcome. Anytime we have repeat criminals wreaking havoc on our Fort Mitchell Kroger where I think probably at least half the jury shop there, half the Kenton County shops at the Fort Mitchell Kroger, nobody wants to see this kind of craziness going on, and we certainly don't want car thieves from Chevy getting the idea that they should drive their stolen cars over to Fort Mitchell and read this kind of chaos on a nice town like Fort Mitchell, and of course a very safe Kenton County, Willie. So that was my last week. Fun time, good trial, good outcome, and here we are.
Speaker 1: Mark West is now looking at when he gets sixty years in jail. I assume he's also ugly, gets shot in the face by one of the victims.
Speaker 2: He's ugly and a lot of pain.
Speaker 1: Sixty years in prison, persistent fellon in Kentucky, sixty years means what? How many years is sixty years actual prison time?
Speaker 4: Unfortunately, because these are all defelonies Kentucky, I guess I don't know what the theory behind this law is, Willy, but Kentucky law caps de felonies even for persistent felons, in twenty years. So even though the jury said sixty, he'll only get a twenty year sentence for the Department of Corrections will only make him serve twenty of those sixty years. Of course, he's stilling titled a good time and stuff like that, so it'll probably be even shorter as long as he behaves himself. I don't know what the theory behind that is, except that maybe the legislature's thinking no matter how many class defelonies. We only want to pay to house this criminal for twenty years and then we'll kick him back out. But mister west is been't just shy of forty years old, So hopefully he'll be in there past criminal menopause and we won't have to worry about him committing any more crimes. When he gets back out. Hopefully he'll be too old. Maybe he'll remember getting shot in the jaw and think better of it. I don't know either way. Or maybe he'll just stay over in Chevy It that would be fine by me too, Chevy.
Speaker 1: It's real close to the Dent, the Dent drive in movie theater where Rocky Borman spends a lot of time when he was a younger man at the Dent drive in movie theater. But what percentage of the criminals like this when not the small stuff, the big time stuff comes out of Cincinnati.
Speaker 4: Is a.
Speaker 1: How much time do we import in northern Kentucky.
Speaker 4: Well, fortunately, Willie, it's not as much as you might think, because although there's a lot more crime going on on the north side of the river, that river for the purposes of crossing it, whether it be criminals or non criminals, you know, I only cross it when I have read or Bengals tickets for the most part. Every once in a while, might eat it at Jeff Ruby's restaurant. But for the most part, I don't cross the river, and I think most of the criminals fortunately do the same thing. So I'd say relatively low percentage, maybe twenty percent, could be a lot higher. You know, I see the news, see all the shootings and all the murders, and all the horrific violent crimes they got going on on the north side of the river. Certainly we don't want any of that over here. So you know, the sooner we get that wall Bill Willie, we can cut it down even more, because I do think that a much greater proportion of our violent crime is either from the north side of the river, or at least has ties to or started on the north side of the rivers. You know, ongoing disputes or feuds between criminals or gang members or drug dealers, anything like that, and next thing you know, they end up over here for one reas or another, either fighting with one another or renting out airbnbs to throw parties or hotel rooms one of the fine establishments down along our riverfront because lord knows, all the criminals and dope smokers in Ohio love to drive over to Kentucky so they have a great view of downtown Cincinnati when they smoke their weed, which by the way, is still illegal in Kentucky. You're not allowed to smoke any weed, even medical weed. But that's a whole another story. Nevertheless, they like to come over here a lot. But you know, if we could get that wall built, we'd probably cut our violent crime rate maybe and half.
Speaker 1: On a different issue with the of course, the senior senator from Kentucky is Mitch McConnell. He's voting against many of the Trump nominees. Kentucky voted about plus thirty percent, like sixty five thirty five for Donald Trump. You have a US senator's kind of off the reservation. And how popular right now is Mitch McConnell in the Bluegrass.
Speaker 4: Not very popular with the Republican Party. I don't think, I know that the Republican majority that we have in Kentucky, as he mentioned, voted very heavily in favorite President Trump. And I think a lot of people just see this as an obvious indication that Senator McConnell is in all likelihood not running for office again because he's going to have a really tough time explaining these votes if he were to file for reelection. So I can only imagine this is his swan song. This is his way of, I don't know, maybe pulling a Matt Bevin and poking the voters in the eye on the way out the door in his own way. I don't know. I really hate to see it because Senator McConnell's had a long and distinguished career. He's done a lot of great things over the time. He's really built up the Republican Party. Of course, he served as Senate Majority Leader longer than anybody else in the history of the United States. So he's definitely got a career to be applauded. But I think there's a lot of people that are ready for his exit stage right.
Speaker 1: A lot of commentary about ice. You've been at the forefront as far as encouraging the federal officials to avoid Northern Kentucky of criminals. Have you noticed a downtick and uptick or whatever in ICE activity. The Boone County Jail is one of two local jails. The other Butler county that houses dozens of illegals. As a frontline prosecutor, have you noticed any difference of the Trump policy in northern Kentucky.
Speaker 3: Well, I do.
Speaker 4: Willie actually had our new ICE contact, which I can tell you for the last four years, I have had no ICE contact whatsoever. Wouldn't know how to get a hold of ICE if I had to, But we now have an ICE contact that made himself known to me, came over, introduced and met with me. I don't know that I want to say his name on the air because I don't think there might be some security issues there. But he's a great officer and really great to work with. You'd never guess that he was a federal law enforcement officer looking at him, I will say that much. But he is a very good guy and he's been great to work with. He's very responsible on email. I know that. In the last time, or I guess this was last week when we met. Last Monday, we had nine undocumented criminals in our Kenton County detention center that we're only in there because they had broken the law, and in some cases broken the law multiple times because some of them had been out on bond and then jump bail, not shown up to corp, made us go hunt him down, find him again, lock him back up. And now the Trump administration is starting to deport those criminals. Well, they say, yeah, I've seen an uptick. Now, I couldn't tell you one instance in Kent County. I'm not saying there hasn't been, but I couldn't tell you one instance I'm aware of of anyone other than a criminal someone that's sitting in one of our jails that is being deported. But I do know that ICE there's been a pleasure to work with, and they're putting holders on all the illegal immigrant criminals that we've got sitting in our detentions our Boon County or Campbell County. They're slapping ICE holders on them. So when we're done with them, after we prosecute them and convict them, we'll send them back to wherever they came from, and they can commit their crimes down there, because I know the taxpayers around northern Kentucky certainly don't want their crime here. And what they also don't want is to have to house them for a long time. Now if they rape somebody, murder somebody, molest a child, but we'll lock them up for a good long time and when they get out then they can be deported. But a lot of it is drunk drivers, drunk drivers that seem to be crashing in the cars, people with fake or fraudulent identification cards and drivers licenses. Nobody's driving around with insurance if they are here in this country illegally because they can't get their cars titled, so they can't get insurance on their car. So if they drive drunk and crash into your car, that means you have to turn it into your insurance company. Your insurance policy payments go up, costs you and your family more money. That's more money out of your pocket will and there's no way to recoup it. Those are the people that we're seeing deported on an a much more expedited basis than I've ever seen before in any stage of my career. And it's a welcome change.
Speaker 1: And how about this from ICE officials. The one hundred and thirteen arrested and detained by Ice in the Boone County jail hundred and thirteen in January doesn't look much different than the arrest in previous years, But seventy seven percent of the one hundred and thirteen happened after January the twentieth, So in like ten days, eleven days in a month of January, you had almost one hundred people detained in on the Kentucky as being here illegally with criminal records, who otherwise would not have been detained. So elections have consequences.
Speaker 4: That's right. And you know, like I said, we've got nine that we're in our detention center that now have holders on them. And at the time of my meeting, and that was two weeks ago, for the most part, it was not this past Monday, but the Monday of the week before when we had this meeting with ICE, and there were nine. At that time, we probably had five or six more illegals arrested in that time. Every one of those we send the email of the ICE letting him know, hey, this guy broke this law. He's being prosecuted, he's in our detention center, and they are quick to respond by slapping a holder on him so that when they get convicted, once they've served their time, whether that time is one year or one hundred years, ICE will be there ready to load them up on a plane and ship them back to wherever they should be. In the first place.
Speaker 1: And lastly, Joshua Baker driving at a high rate of speed on January twenty seventh. Police believed him to be a suspect who assaulted a woman during a home invasion. They found out that Joshua Baker, who wedged himself under the Brenchpnce Bridge, wasn't the person the police were looking for. Does that cause a wrinkle in the prosecution of Joshua Baker, No.
Speaker 4: Actually, Willie, I think there's been a little bit of confusion there with the medium. There were two subjects that were won in the home invasion robbery. One was josh Baker and then there was this other guy, and the police thought the other guy was driving the car that turned out to be Josh Baker, the one he crashed out on the bridge and jumped off the side out of the bridge onto the steel beams and crawled underneath the bridge. Became what we referred to as our bridge trow a case. But Josh Baker was just as much wanted to the home invasion robbery as this other fellow by the name of James Haney. Both of them have now been arrested. They caught James Haney a few days later, both of them have been arrested, both of them have been bound over the Kenton County Grand Jury. That this happened this week, Josh Baker, we're finding out so many crimes that he's being charged with so fast. It's hard to keep up with Willie. But he's facing life in prison on two different cases here in Kenton County, another one I believe in Boone County, and I think Campbell County might be looking at him for something over there as well. Needless to say, he's exactly where he needs to be, and that's in our Kenton County Detention Center rather than wreaking any more havoc on our lovely Kenton County and lovely Northern Kentucky for that matter, because he was doing it all over Boone, Kenton and Campbell Counties.
Speaker 1: Sounds like you have some bad ombres. Well, let's continue and I'll tell you what. Rob's happy. Valentine's Day has been great, and picking up from Northern Kentucky my home community is great. What I do ICE is getting their job done. There's less marijuana, I think being used because you now have something similar to medical marijuana.
Speaker 2: And more to come later.
Speaker 1: All of a sudden, the entire Tri State's going to be stoned in one thing or another. But Rob Sanders, thank you for coming on the Bill Cunningham Show this Friday afternoon.
Speaker 2: And Rob, you're a great American. Thank you.
Speaker 4: Thanks Willie, it's been a pleasure to be on. Give my best to the People's Judge. I'm sure you guys have something super romantic scheduled tonight, and who knows, maybe I'll catch you out at one of our find one the Kentucky eateies on that romantic dinner.
Speaker 1: Ain't love grand Rob Sanders, thank you very much. Coming up later is the first interview with Jim Tressel, the new Lieutenant governor the vice president of the state of Ohio, and we're going to find out why Governor Mike Dwine, who was with us yesterday is picked Jim Tressel and what it means for the Tri State, the nation of the world. Bill Cunningham, News Radio seven hundred wlw AH, Billy Cunningham, the Great American, of course, last night and not Saturday, and maybe much longer than that. And That'sasha Zubez of News Nation is blowing the lid off a truly dirty secret in the Area fifty one. Now, I've seen some of the movies what's going on in Area fifty one? It's not good, But there's another aspect of it. Air Force veterans, air Force personnel, patriots who guard the very first death bomber with an Area fifty one all have come away with something other than concerns such as tumors and cancers. And first of all, Natasha Zuvez of News Nation, welcome again to the Bill Cunningham Show. And Natasha, but kind of before we get started to the cancers, you when you did all this research on Air Force veterans like David Crete and Randy Groves and so many others, did they relate to you what actually is inside Area fifty one in New Mexico. I've seen the movies. What's in there? Did they tell you? Did they give you any insight?
Speaker 5: They still can't talk about ninety nine percent of the work they did out there on the range. I mean, they are keeping their promise to their government, even if their government they feel is renegging on their end of the bargain. And you know, the one mission they can disclose is guarding the F one seventeen Nighthawk America's first stealth bomber, as you said, and you know Dave Crete, one of these main veterans, said the late Senator John McCain said something he will never forget about their service. He says, he came up to me and he said, your unit ended the Cold War. So if you need any indication of the kind of work they were engaged in out there on the range, I mean that says a lot.
Speaker 1: Explain what is the F one seventeen Nighthawk. What is that piece of military equipment? Explain that to the American people.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I mean the Lockheed F one seventeen Nighthawk single seat subsonic twin engine self attack aircraft. And they basically described this as this incredible piece of technology that we had and the USSR didn't. It was incredibly important at that time, and also build the Iceberg. In terms of what they were engaged in out there, because you know, I met with this group of Air Force sets. They were tasked with this top secret work out on this range. This was in the eighties and nineties. This range encompasses Area fifty one, and they were hand picked for this work. They were plucked from their training programs. They were in their late teens and early twenties. It was so classified. They couldn't tell their wives what they did. They couldn't even tell them the weather, right, Bill, But many of these veterans, as you said, are coming down now with severe health issues, with tumors, with deadly cancers. And this is the crux of the issue. Their work was so top secret. The DoD still refuses to acknowledge their service on the range, and that that say, as a result, they're not able to receive the benefits and the care that they need. Bill. More than four hundred have died so far, the average age of sixty five years old.
Speaker 1: What kind of tumors, what kind of cancer should they have? Are they consistent or inconsistent with each other? I can only imagine hundreds of Air Force veterans the government left him on their own.
Speaker 2: What kind of tumors are we talking about? In cancers?
Speaker 5: You know, it's really interesting. For a lot of them. It started as lipomas, which are these fatty, benign tumors. And all of this came to light during a barbecue of all things, Bill. It was in twenty sixteen. It was in Dave Creek's backyard. It was a beautiful October day in Las Vegas, and this was supposed to be an opportunity for these Air Force buddies to reminisce they were apart for three decades. And then it was Randy Groves who you mentioned as well. He suddenly, you know, clutched his side, clutched his back, and brought up the subject of tumors. He said, I have this big lump on my back. Does anyone have something like this? And Dave says it stopped him in his tracks because he had more than twenty lipomas on his body, ranging from his forehead, he had it on his arms, his torso, and he had won the size of a grapefruit that he had to get cut out of his back. And so out of you know, the eight men that were sitting in a circle at that barbecue, six of them said, I've had tumors. The seventh said, I don't have a tumor, but my son was born with one. And for Mike Nemsick, another one of these, that it started with lipomas around his eye in his thirties. The cancers started as well, four abouts with cancer, salivary, colon, thyroid. The list goes on. We also met with a DoD contractor who worked alongside these men. And you know, he's had eighty percent of his tongue cut out, his vocal cords, removed, his teeth. He will never eat nor speak again. And Bill, he says he's lucky because so many of the other men and women he served with out there, he said, are dead. He was like, at least I'm alive. At least I'm alive.
Speaker 1: So I guess the question is did the F one seventeen Nighthawk Research and Development cause it? Or was it caused by alien spacecraft did?
Speaker 5: We don't know exactly what caused it, but we do know there's a lot of radiation out there. And in fact, what we're unearthing is this nineteen seventy five environmental report showing the government new there was nuclear contamination out there, depleted geranium, beryllium, and plutonium, and it was present and acknowledged by the government before the men and women were sent by the government to the range. But the report said that discontinuing the work done would be against the national interest. That's the direct quote. And you know, pomp Braswell is another one of these vets. You may recognize his name because he's a pro golfer and a Harlem Globe draughter. But before that he served on the Range. He's now battling Thiray cancer and he says, our government knew this area was contaminated and knowing that, they will fully put us there. That's pandem ount to a death sentence bill.
Speaker 1: What's the status as we sit here on Valentine's Day? Happy Valentine's Day, by the way, what is the status of the range now?
Speaker 2: February fourteenth?
Speaker 5: It is still active. They still send people there, and it's that's very disturbing to these veterans. There have been decontamination efforts, but you know, they they worry, they worry about the men and women who continue to be stationed up there, especially because they say so much of this is in the dust and if anyone knows anything about this area, when the wind blows, the dust moves with it. So I mean, it is definitely a large area of concern. We reached out to the Department of Defensive Course for answers. We asked them about the nineteen seventy five reports that show that they knew before they sent the people there. We asked them, you know, why And this is interesting, Bill Dooe, Department of Energy workers who worked alongside these men and women for shorter stretches of time are receiving coverage and compensation, but the veterans have not because they're classified. The DODS just said they wouldn't comment. They referred us to the Air Force, and the Air Force said, we don't have any information available for that time frame. So we went to Veterans Affairs finally, and the VA told us there's no presumptive exposure for these vets. They'll need to be assessed on a case by case basis. But you know, these vets say that is difficul if not impossible, because they're classified, their data is masked. They're really in a bind.
Speaker 2: Here, Natasha.
Speaker 1: Maybe the arguments available fifty years ago they didn't know about the risk, therefore they couldn't warn against the risk. It's fair to say today they know the risks that it was also an area in which nuclear bombs were set off in the late nineteen forties and fifties that test various things. It's a contaminated site. And so right now are the men and women serving in an area fifty one in New Mexico. Now, do they know the risk they're taking by serving there.
Speaker 5: I can't speak to that. I don't know the answer to that, but I know these current veterans are worried about the work that continues despite decontamination efforts. And there are also so many ripple effects to this bill. You know, these men were so stoic when speaking about their own battles. You know, even the man with eighty percent of its tongue cut out, even the man who survived four bouts of cancer. And most of them say they would serve again. They are so passionate about the work they did. They say it was so important.
Speaker 6: They know.
Speaker 5: But the moment in each interview where these men broke down was speaking about their children, was speaking about their wives who experienced repeated miscarriages while they were out there on the base, children who were born with birth effects and tumors of their own. And one daughter we spoke with. Her name is Jennifer Page. She says the contamination, in her words, took out her whole family because her grandfather, her father, and her mother all died too young after working on the range. And she says it was as she held her mother's hand in hospice. Her body cavity was just shopped through, was filled with cancer that the mother told her. I have a collection of documents and photographs that I work to get declassified. I know that I was exposed. I know we will need this one day for proof. And NewsNation for the first time is publishing those images for the public to look at. So that right now is on newsnationnow dot com. You can find all this reporting on our YouTube page as well. I really encourage you to take a look at it.
Speaker 2: I will.
Speaker 1: And it happened last night, happening today, happening tomorrow. And this is the highest calling of a journalist for Natasha Zuvez's of the world and others to say, wait a minute, we need to cut the bloat out of the federal government. But this is not blowt These are American patriots, men and women who literally put their life on the line, and now the same government they served once to deny them benefits as they suffer and die with cancers. Calls by their service. Natasha, once again, you're fabulous or the best of what you do. It's on NewsNation dot com. Check it out. And all I can say is keep going and next time you have some investigative report of this kind of quality. I hope you think about the Bill Cunningham Show and come on.
Speaker 5: I'll bring it to you.
Speaker 7: Bill.
Speaker 5: I appreciate you letting your viewers know about it. And this is the moment. If this upsets you, tell your friends, tell your family, give them the story. And it sounds canned to call your representatives, because these veterans think legislation going forward and buy artisan legislation may be their only hope. They're worried the DoD and their words is waiting them out, just waiting for them to die. And even since I did this interview, more than sixty veterans have passed away. It's a really important bill.
Speaker 1: In horrible ways during their service. Natasha, thank you very much, Zuvez, You're a great American, and once again, thank you for coming on the Bill Cunningham Show. This is not an area of the federal government that needs to be cut that these individuals need to be saved as much as we can. And Natasha, once again, thank you very much. Thank you, Bill, Oh God bless you.
Speaker 2: Let's continue with more.
Speaker 1: Not much of a positive story on Valentine's Day itself, but this is a love story. Think about the men and women, the spouses, the boyfriends, the girlfriends, the children who have suffered because of their service to this nation. Let's continue with more. By the way, after one o'clock today, we'll be the new lieutenant governor.
Speaker 2: Of the state of Ohio.
Speaker 1: Jim Tressel is going to join you and I after one o'clock at show them of the Reds News Radio seven hundred. Welw you I had the music Dave. A lot of great things happening. Valentine's Day five coming up. After one o'clock today, we'll be Jim Trussell. Would you just say he was somewhat not considered a candidate for the lieutenant governor's position would be an understatement.
Speaker 2: Nobody saw this one coming.
Speaker 1: And when you and I heard yesterday from Mike DeWine himself about why he did it, I want to get the other reaction, and that is his coach Jim Tressel available is does he know the job, does he know the issues?
Speaker 2: Is he going to run for governor?
Speaker 1: Is he going to put together an exploratory committee in the next ninety days and seek to fight David Yost, Attorney General and Vike Ramaswami for the governor's position. Does he have a so called Potomac fever? Does he want to get into politics and stay there? And what is Jim Trussell, the football coach know about state government? So those are all I think? Are those legitimate concerns as an Ohioan? Yes, And I think most likely Mike DeWine would have no success coaching a football team. And I've heard some politicos tell me that Jim Trussell has no ability, no sense of becoming lieutenant governor.
Speaker 2: So we'll see what happens.
Speaker 1: I think number one, by objective indicators, Jim Trussell has been a good person, a good man. He ran Youngstown State University, the home of the Frozen Penguins for about ten years, great administrative experience at Ohio State, and I won a national title at one point, so he's in like Flint. I think his record against against Michigan might have been like eight and one or nine and two or something. He beat Michigan on a regular basis, which was a good thing, unlike Ryan Day. So I'm going to put him through the wringer in about ten minutes to ask how did it happen? Why did it happen things in that character? What do you know about the state educational funding? Says to him, what about the new marijuana bill working this way through the House in the Senate? And what's your view on the Intel chip facility, which may be a little bit of jeopardy because of Intel's not having an easy go right now? And so what is the level of knowledge he has about the operation of state government as opposed to coaching a football team? And is it right for me to ask those questions?
Speaker 2: I think so? Should he be prepared? Absolutely?
Speaker 1: But on another front, I just got a text from a friend of mine on this Area fifty one and Tex says, I would hope and think that Pete Hegseth JD and Trump would be open to reviewing the plight of these Area fifty one veterans. And at some point I know the Trumpster said he's going to make public what's that Area fifty one? Or do we have aliens floating in vats of polidamide? What's happening on Area fifty one? And when that area is being probed by Natasha's Zuvez and others, what's there? The veterans who are serving are mandated not to discuss it with anyone, including their own wives. I would think the answer would be this, there's nothing there other than what should be there. And Area fifty one is in scientific lore is one of the landing sites of aliens. So I don't believe that. But you know what, I don't disbelieve it. But whatever's going on there, one thing is certain. When Natasha Zuvez of News Nation talked about four hundred Air Force personnel with various odd cancers, obviously what's happening there, in the dust, in the water, in the food, whatever it might be, is causing these terrible conditions, and I would hope at some point that.
Speaker 2: Would be reviewed.
Speaker 1: I love the idea of getting rid of the waste, fraud, and abuse in the federal government.
Speaker 2: I love that.
Speaker 1: And by the way, yours truly was once a federal employee myself. I worked as a federal law clerk to Don Jay Young in the Northern District of Ohio, writing opinions on summary judgment and Rule twelve B six matters, and I was on the federal system. The great majority of those I deal with, some have met their maker at this point, do a great job. Social Security at least the one in Roselawn and the one around Upreating Road there in Sharonville is a pretty damn good office, and so they have good people running it. But that doesn't mean there's lots of fat, waste, fraud and abuse to take care of. And I went to Trump so to go after it, and he's doing that, especially that limestone mine somewhere in Pennsylvania two hundred and seventy five feet below ground, in which old federal records are scored and stored there. And what's happening is that when you retire, I guess you go through a mine, am I any and literal limestone mine in Pennsylvania to get the paperwork right, which is truly unbelievable. So yes, But when I hear the story about these Air Force veterans not taking risk they knew about the government knew in the nineteen seventy five era that radiation was ubiquitous in the area fifty one. As a consequence, you got to be careful and not warning. And even today we're told by Natasha Zuvez and others at the same conditions exist today that those serving do not necessarily know the risks they're taking by serving this great nation. The saddest part is having cancers and the suffering thereof women and men and children being born with exotic cancers that should not happen. If one wants to take a known risk and do it, so be it. But it should be disclosed completely as to what's going on. And more so, let's continue if the line becomes available. Five one, three, seven, four, nine, seven thousand. Happy Valentine's Day to all. May you continue to have a great day. Getting ready for terrible weather tomorrow. Later on I have Steve Rawley coming up about two to four inches of rain tomorrow, plus brutal cold temperatures and possibly the High River getting past flood stage and more. One o'clock Home of your Red's News Radio, seven hundred WULW, Cincinnati. Billy Cunningham. The Great America, of course announced it made a few days back to Evan and Mike Dwine. Let's picked the new lieutenant governor. And when we spoke with the governor, he kind of indicated he was thinking outside the box a little bit. But Jim Tressel is a name well known in the Buckeye State. She spent many years as a football coach at Youngstown State hit some moderate success in Ohio State won the national title, and thereafter he went back to Youngstown State and served as president there for about ten years. And now he's the new lieutenant governor in Ohio and first of all, Lieutenant Governor, Jim Trussell, can you tell the American people how the process began that Mike DeWine asked you to serve as the lieutenant governor? Kind of walked us through what happened, because this pick is somewhat out of the box.
Speaker 7: Well.
Speaker 6: Absolutely, But first I would be remiss if I didn't say, it's an honor to be on with the great American and on this Abraham Lincoln time, you know, one of the greatest Americans as well. But I have to tell you, I know part of your viewing, listening audience is up near where my dad grew up and today would be his one hundredth birthday. And about that, I always thought my dad was a great American. He grew up in Aid, Ohio and went to Ohio State. Paul Brown recruited him there and then, like all those great Americans, decided to enlist in the war. Efforts went over and served so that we can have this free country we live in. So it's in honor to be with the great American on this great American Day. And the process that occurred started February first, actually, maybe the day before that. The governor said he was going to be in my neighborhood. I had just gotten done with two days of Baldwin Wallace University board meetings and he said he was going to be in the neighborhood and could he stop by, And of course, the governor says, he's going to stop by, absolutely, and he was going to be with fran and I think they're going to a basketball game with grandkids or something.
Speaker 3: And so.
Speaker 6: He stopped by, and he sat down and kind of looked me in the eye, and I could tell this wasn't a social call, and he said, I've really been given this a lot of thought. I've been thinking about what we need and what I need and so forth. And he said, you know what, I'd like you to consider the lieutenant governor position. And then we talked for ninety minutes or so, and I had a chance to visit with my wife, who Ellen said, you know, it sounds like God's got more work for you to do, and you love trying to help people, and you're a workaholic. Why don't you go do it?
Speaker 1: So here we are, Jim Trust before that conversation, did you have any idea, any hope, any inkling you were to get into politics, not just politics, but you're going to be the lieutenant governor state of Ohio? Was that even on the hell horizon before that meeting?
Speaker 6: No? No, you know, I've always felt like I've been in public service because I've been trying to serve students, serve university, serve communities, and so, you know, at every turn I try, I had to find ways where I can add value and serve.
Speaker 4: You know. Never was it.
Speaker 6: The idea that I thought I would serve in government. But you know, what do they say if you think you have plans, God's up there laughing, you know, And I think that was the case.
Speaker 1: As far as I asked Mike DeWine this question and other political as I talked to Ali Strutzefiele, who, as you know, is the chair of the Republican Party, does Lieutenant Governor Trussel have any desire to run for governor next year?
Speaker 6: You know, you'd be surprised that this is the first time someone asked me this, No, I'm just kidding. This is the probably the hundredth time. And you know what's funny. What's funny is when I got my first real job of my life. I'd been a paper boy and I you know, grass and all that, but my first real job was as a graduate assistant teacher and coach at the University of Akron and I had to meet the athletic director to get the final approval. And I walked in and he told me not to sit down, and he said, I only have one piece of advice. If you want to reach your potential, if you want to have success here and in life, keep your mind and your rear end in the same place. And he didn't say rear end, by the way, And then he told me to leave. And as I walked out, I said, for the rest of my life, I'm going to do all I can do to keep my mind and my rear end in the same place. So the answer is my mind and my rear end just like they were at Youngstown State when I was coaching there. I wasn't dreaming about going to Ohio State. When I was at Ohio State coaching there, I wasn't dreaming about being a president someday, and I certainly haven't been dreaming about being a lieutenant governor or a governor. But I can promise you this, I'll keep my mind in my rear end, in the place that I am, and that hopefully I can add value. And just like all the other chapters of my life, when I turned to the next chapter, a lot of times it's the unknown.
Speaker 1: So you're not foreclosing the possibility of you putting together an exploratory committee in the next few months and running for governor. I hear the answer is you don't know. But you're not saying no. You're not saying yes. You're saying you don't know. You know what I'm saying. You're not saying yes, You're not saying no, You're saying I don't know. So by saying you don't know, it's not a no or a yes. So is the answer yes or no? Or is it I don't know?
Speaker 6: Well, I'll tell you the answers. I don't even know what an exploratory committee is. You mean we're going to go sale somewhere and find an island, and then yes, I don't know what an Exploratory committee is. But you know it's funny. I remember when I got the Youngstown State as the coach and they said, you know, I had been at Ohio State as an assistant, and they said, is your goal to get to a house state as the head coach someday? I said, I don't know, but I'll tell you this. If I'm not very good at Youngstown State, that's I'm not gonna have to worry about that anyway. So I'm going to try to get as good as I can at what I'm doing, and I don't know what the future holds.
Speaker 1: Well, what do you how would you respond to some in the state of Ohio there's about twelve million of us here that would say, what does Jim Trussell know about politics? What does Jim Trussell know about lieutenant governor? What does Jim Trussell know about public policy? What does he know about the budget? What does he know about the marijuana reform laws?
Speaker 2: What does he know.
Speaker 1: About sales tax or the equalization formula of public education? So how do you respond to those who say Jim Trussell doesn't know anything about what he's doing.
Speaker 2: How would you respond to that?
Speaker 6: Well, I would start with the first one you had. You said, what do you know about politics? I guess I don't look at this as politics. I look at this as serving and trying to keep in mind the needs of every ohioan of every conversation. And then you rattled off a bunch of the things. And it's been fun. I was just sitting in on a on an ed board meeting, which I learned as editorial board. You know, I hadn't done those and and I listened to the governor talk about the school funding. I listened to him talk about the marijuana situation, and the and the tax for the potential help for stadium in the state, and on and on and on and so I'm not an expert really on anything. I never was. I'm a good listener. I'm a good learner. I've had the ability to connect people together and try to work hard together. I think the expertise that the governor hopes I can bring is the expertise in education and workforce as it pertains to the outcomes. To me, the number one outcome this state needs is we better increase our workforce to meet the opportunities. That are great leaders on both sides of the Isle and Jobs Ohio and everyone else have brought to us in the form of whether it's Intel or Andreil or keeping Sherlin Williams in Cleveland. Though the things going on in Cincinnati and the Dayton Coalition, we've been brought some unbelievable opportunities. My hope is that I can contribute toward us making sure we can execute on those. And that begins with education and building a workforce. And that's where I fairly certain he's going to ask me to spend a lot of time. I've already spent a lot of time with JP Massif and Jobs Ohio. Over the years, We've got our region up in Youngstown that I worked with, the Lake to River region. I've worked with the team Neil, I've worked with the central office there. I've tried to talk about how do we integrate all the way down into the early years of making young people aware of the advanced manufacturing that's happening the AI, all the different things, because we've got an amazing opportunity. We have an amazing opportunity in Ohio. We've got Ohio River, We've got Lake Erie, we've got natural gas, we've got all these new companies. We're in a location that is within five hundred miles of I don't know how many million people. Now, my biggest thrill as a coach who's going to try to win the Big Ten or the national championship, my biggest thrill now is to see if we can go and create that workforce that will allow us to be winners in these opportunities.
Speaker 1: Well, since you're now the Lieutenant governor, there's a bill coming through the General Assembly that would fundamentally change the marijuana money distribution from the townships and the cities all into the state fund. There are many township officials I know quite unhappy with that. I expressed this to Governor Mike Dwain. A lot of city leaders are unhappy. There was a law passed by the voters and now the legislature wants to change it. They want to increase by fifty to one hundred percent the tax on marijuana. The bill took three hundred and twenty five million dollars out of the pockets of drug dealers and put it in the sales column of the state of Ohio. And now many in the industry are saying the state of o High is going to kill the golden goose by increasing the price in marijuana so much that individuals that use marijuana. Of course I'm not one of them. I assume you're not one of them. They're going to go back to the dark market. There's going to be more people, more money a hand a drug deal. And so do you have an established position yet on the marijuana reform bill coming through the legislature?
Speaker 6: You know, I don't. In fact, the first time I heard an in depth conversation.
Speaker 3: About it was earlier today.
Speaker 6: One of the things that I've grown to learn here in the first few days of being in this opportunity is I got a lot of reading to do. I've got a lot of learning to do.
Speaker 2: Learning, and.
Speaker 6: Oh, I've got to listen. I've got to learn, and I've got to make sure that I understand. And then people love anecdotes and they love data. I just want to make sure that the data is verifiable, that the anecdotes are that makes sense, they're not just you know, one offs. And but uh, it seemed to me listening to the editorial board questions to the governor, that there'll be some good conversation about this.
Speaker 1: Have Are you a registered Republican for the last decade or so. Have you been a registered Republican.
Speaker 6: As far as I know? Yeah?
Speaker 5: Uh?
Speaker 1: And did you vote for Mike de Wine each time?
Speaker 4: I believe so?
Speaker 6: Yeah, I mean each time for governor? Did I vote at more than one time? You have a number for going great American. I'm one hundred years old, I vote. I might have voted for Mike Dwine seventeen times for all I know.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think he's one in seventeen.
Speaker 1: All right, we got to run with Jim Tressel, new Lieutenant governor of high Let's keep the lines of communication open.
Speaker 2: I love the idea you say.
Speaker 1: Essentially, you got two ears and you got one mouth, and so you have a learning curve. But you're bright and you're gonna you're gonna learn and you're gonna get on. But uh, thanks for coming on to Bill Cunningham show. Lieutenant Governor Jim Trestle of Ohio State and Young Sound State. Let's do it again in the next few months.
Speaker 6: Yes, sir, you're a great American.
Speaker 1: And God bless Abraham Line and God bless Jim Trussell. Jim, thank you very much. All righty, goodbye, Let's continue with more the line becomes available five one, three, seven, four, nine, seven thousand. Bill Cunningham Live with you every day. You're Home of the Reds News Radio seven hundred WLW by Billy Cunningham. They've hit the music, you know the arguments available. He's not a political Jim Trussell doesn't know politics.
Speaker 2: He knows football.
Speaker 1: And therefore, why wouldn't the governor pick someone in politics. I would assume there's ninety nine members of the General Assembly and thirty three in the State Senate, to say nothing of the other offices around the know all about politics, that would have taken the gig as lieutenant governor. But on the other hand, don't you and I agree that the country's in a political mess right now because too many people get into politics and they stay there ten fifteen, twenty thirty forty years in politics, and they never move and they leave politics rich when they've made little or no money along the way. And so I find it refreshing and required that those not involved in politics get involved in political offices. They come to the position horizontally instead of vertically, and Jim Tressel was coming completely horizontally, having never been in politics before. So I could quiz him on other issues, and after a day or two in office, likely we know little or nothing about it. But the guy's bright, he's religious kind of a guy. He's going to study. He wants to know what the game plan is, and he's got to call the plays at some point. But as lieutenant governor, he's underneath the wings of Mike DeWine. That's been in politics now for more than a half a century. And Mike DeWine knows exactly where all the bodies are buried all over the state. He knows what he's doing. When I asked Mike privately and he didn't, I asked him the same question publicly, so I'm not making something public he wanted to keep private. He wanted someone who could take over from him to serve out the rest of his term if he couldn't make it. The next thing I said to Mike was are you sick? Are you okay? He said no, I'm fine. And the other thing, the race for governor next year is going to be extremely contentious. David Yos has been the AG for about six years. Before that, he was in state government. Before that, he was a county prosecutor. He walks in the shoes of Joe Dieters. He's an aggressive conservative prosecutor and he wants to be the next governor, as does Viveke Ramaswami, who called me about ten days ago and want to get him on some point in the next week or two. And so Jim Trussell, if he ran for governor, would be in the major leagues of David Yost versus Viveke Rama Swami. Bavey can fund his own campaign, he's a rock star, and Dave jos is about a solid citizen, solid as an officeholder as you can find. So I'm not sure there's room for Jim Trussell if he wanted to do it, he would have profound difficulty in getting that done because he doesn't have the ability to fund the campaign on his own, which Viveke can do, doesn't have the ability to raise a lot of money, which David Yost can do. And so in about fourteen months from now, we're going to have a big decision to make whether to go there out of Vivek Ramaswami or David Yost. I'd be shocked, as Mike Dwine told me, if he wants to run for governor, he could run for governor. Now, if he runs for governor, he's likely to have the support of Mike DeWine. That's another factor to put in the put in the computer. So we'll see what occurs. Let's continue with more news in the Stoatsure next at your home of the Reds News Radio seven hundred WULW, Cincinnati.
Speaker 8: Hap Valentine's Day to you and all the groove if don't get things that you do. Happy Valentine's Day to you, who and all those lovely things that you do, y'all singer would be Happy valentines to Day to you, Come on you and all the rid lit things that you do. Happy Balanesday? Who had all the lovely things that you do?
Speaker 4: Uh?
Speaker 8: Happy Valentine's Day, Bob.
Speaker 1: Oh, Hello, quiet spokes, I'm broadcasting.
Speaker 2: Segment. Ain't love brand. Happy Valentine's Day to you.
Speaker 9: Amen to that. Willie, thanks to you. And Bootsy Collins right there with a special.
Speaker 1: Thank you.
Speaker 9: He's a treasure, he sang, he sang, he sang the Valentine's Day songs. We thank Bootsy for his musical excellence as usual.
Speaker 2: And Patsy's wonderful too. But say man.
Speaker 1: Lots going on in sports? Anyone hurt with the Reds anymore? It's only been about five days. How are we looking? Will he the.
Speaker 9: Stooge reporters of Proud Service ever your local tame Star heating and air conditioning dealers, tame star quality you could feel on the beautiful east Side called Clement's Heating and Air at nine three seven four four four forty four zero one.
Speaker 1: Thank you, Roxy.
Speaker 9: We also want to thank Lear's Prime Market Willie for our lunch full catering service de Luxe Delhi located and beautiful downtown Milford Learsprime dot Com. Let's see more workouts today, Willie. As far as I know, no one got hurt today. Let's see the Cactus League opener against the Great Cleveland India at Cleveland Guardians. Excuse me, a week from tomorrow, they start playing tomorrow.
Speaker 1: A week from tomorrow, baby.
Speaker 2: How about this?
Speaker 1: Thank you? I think Parry Larkin may do it in Spanish, but former Reds Jonathan India traded to KC. Not the Chiefs, but the Royals right for a starting pitcher said the Reds need fire in their ass quote unquote, taking an indirect shot at David Bell, who did not provide fire in the ass but the twenty twenty four Reds segment your reaction, that's that's what you do every day on the radio. I got fire in my ask, no question about it.
Speaker 9: Bengals update brought to you by Good spear As Winding Tobacco and Party Town, thirteen locations in northern Kentucky. New Bengals defensive coordinator Al Golden has won the twenty twenty four Broyles Award, given to college football's top assistant coach. Golden, of course, led the Irish defense this year, allowing just fifteen points a game. If he can do that in the NFL Bangle, thank you. Let's see twenty twenty six. Cooper High School quarterback Cam O'Hara has committed today to play his college ball at Western Kentucky College Basketball tonight NKU and Green Bay at six thirty ESPN fifteen thirty Wright State in Milwaukee.
Speaker 1: How about this?
Speaker 9: Willie Mick Crodin right up the road from us in Bloomington taking on Indiana tonight.
Speaker 2: How about that?
Speaker 1: And also Jonathan Indian says the Reds need discipline segment in twenty twenty four. Did you see a lack of discipline, and you do see no fire in the red ass.
Speaker 2: What did you.
Speaker 1: See that man? That is unbelievable. Thank you. I didn't see too much either anything. Willy, of course, India was the twenty twenty one Rookie of the Year. Right, he said, we needed a clubhouse leader out of the night, right out of the University of Florida.
Speaker 7: But you got to.
Speaker 1: Comment on that segment. We needed leadership, we need they didn't have one. We have no discipline. The front office didn't get them one. Should have brought in, uh, you know, where's Greg Vaughan just as a guest, you know? And forcer? What about Kevin Mitchell? Should have brought in, should have brought in number seven, no question about that, because we have some rising stars and Hunter Green and Elie de la Cruz and right now, I think Tito said there's only two positions that are nailed down, which is shortstop and catcher. The other six or seven are up for grabs.
Speaker 6: Right.
Speaker 1: In fact, you can't name the first basement, the second basement, the third baseman. You can't name the left field, you can't name the centerfielder, you can't name the right fielder.
Speaker 2: Segment can you.
Speaker 9: Well, not right now, no, because they're they're just in camp and you know it's just started.
Speaker 2: Maybe you should know.
Speaker 9: I probably the guy that knows is Terry Francota, and he's the one that counts.
Speaker 2: Well, he'll bring this well.
Speaker 1: Last year the Reds were seventy seven and eighty five, and according to Moegar, the over under this year seventy eight and a half.
Speaker 2: Do you say over or under seventy eight and a half?
Speaker 1: Seg Man we over city over year before they went won eighty two and eighty. But this is the best team the Rets have had since twenty thirteen.
Speaker 2: I think, how about this?
Speaker 9: Well, the college baseball has started already, opening day to day. The Xavier Musketeers are at number seven, Oregon State, Cincinnati Bearcats at number eleven, Duke and NKU is taking on East Tennessee State. So college baseball is underway with Ted McKay at cold.
Speaker 1: Today, rainy tomorrow, winter weather back on Sunday and Monday segment.
Speaker 9: Get ready for that tomorrow college basketball double header here on seven hundred WALLW noon. Xavier and DePaul that at three thirty, Bearcats at number ten Iowa State.
Speaker 1: They need to beat them. Need to beat the Cyclones badly. They've won three in a row. There's a hope, there's a there's a pulse, much like Xavier beating Providence.
Speaker 2: There's a little bit of hope, but not much.
Speaker 1: We could have a March free madness in the Tristate area segment.
Speaker 9: Please continue Kentucky and Texas tomorrow night. Also Miami goes for win number twenty of the year up against Western Michigan. The Duke Cane Dukes face the Dayton Flyers. Also Willy FC Cincinnati has acquired Danish winger Lucas Engel on loan from Middlesbrough FC of the English Football League, so he joins the Orange and Blue at Vander is working out with the team as we speak in Florida, so he's the newest edition in that blockbuster deal. He is apparently one of the top five players in the MLS and byway Willie, one week from tomorrow, what FC Cincinnati open opens their season against the New York Red Bulls.
Speaker 1: I think a week from tomorrow here is going to be cold and the well Diggers behind might be play somewhere else.
Speaker 9: Also, because of a threat of rain, the start time for Sunday's Daytona five hundred has been moved up to one thirty PM. And it's one hundred days until the running of the Indianapolis five hundred.
Speaker 1: Of course, Reds Baseball kicks off six weeks from yesterday. Segment correct, I'm getting my speech together already. Let's go to see what happens. But I have more hope for this club than I had since twenty thirteen when the Reds got to the playoffs and lost the playing game in Pittsburgh, you might recall, and I look forward to the time since nineteen ninety five has been what thirty years since the Reds one A series which is the work and the postseason which is the worst record in all of professional sports. And that's got the end segment this year, beginning with my speech.
Speaker 2: Then for glory, please continue.
Speaker 9: High school basketball tomorrow Willie and Indiana Girls Region also got twenty four and oh Greensburg against Washington East Central and Bloomington South at Oldenburg Academy and South Dekatur hockey. Let's see tonight the Cyclones, excuse me, the Cyclones are at Fort Wayne.
Speaker 6: UH.
Speaker 9: The USA will play Canada tomorrow night in the four nations face off tourney.
Speaker 2: They'd be finning like six to one. Are you aware of that?
Speaker 1: That is correct? I was just about ready to say that you're putting the biscuits in the in the in the net. American Finland didn't do it well.
Speaker 9: They got and then the USA and Canada and the superpowers of hockey meet tomorrow night.
Speaker 1: I monitor everything simultaneously. What about Acosta? When will Acosta come back to TQL and play against FC?
Speaker 2: When will that happen?
Speaker 1: That's about two or three months down the road. Hopefully it won't be so Acosta.
Speaker 9: You know, I think they got I think they got better with Evander coming over from the Portland Timbers, and like I said, they rate him as one of the top five in the m LS, besides behind Messy and a few other ones.
Speaker 1: All right, segment, we have the Chin coming up Steve Raleigh about the weather in Mattie's House. Segment, Get me out of the Stuege Report, please. After two o'clock today is Curtis holc and the constitutional crisis we're in every day the Trump's in office, there's another crisis segment, Get me out of the Stuege Report.
Speaker 9: Willie and honor of rain. On the way, we leave you with the immortal words of the stew Report. This is Bubba. Well, Happy Valentine's Day to everyone.
Speaker 2: Stay to you segment.
Speaker 1: Thank you very much, Chin Steve Raleigh, next to your home of the Reds News Radio seven hundred w LW, Billy Cunningham, the Great America, And of course coming up next weekend is in Maddie's House fundraiser honoring George Foster and the memory of Pete Rose. But in till then, lot's going on this weekend and weather Steve Raleigh, welcome again to the Bill Cunningham Show. And Steve first of all, tell us, so it looks like rain tomorrows Sunday could be. If he give the American people a full report on the weather.
Speaker 3: I'm happy to do it for you.
Speaker 7: As we look at it going into Saturday, boy, it looks kind of ugly. We're talking about a floodwatch already out for really the entire Try State.
Speaker 3: And on bottom.
Speaker 7: Line is we're going to see about two to four inches of rain. I would imagine we're going to see at least some minor flooding showing up around here. The other aspect is as of next week check this out. River Forecast Center says that the Ohio will go up to fifty point eight feet, so it's about a foot shy of flood stage. So Saturday certainly looks ugly, the heaviest rain coming in at night. And if that wasn't bad enough, on Sunday we'll end up getting whacked with some really cold Arctic air. So it's going to flip it over to snow and I think an inch or two.
Speaker 3: Is probable for Sunday. And oh that's right.
Speaker 7: The third strike in year out is into next week, temperatures are going to average fifteen to twenty degrees below average. We're going to see teen single digits in the morning and then temperatures only in the mid twenties during the day.
Speaker 3: Other than that, really not much going on.
Speaker 1: Well, hopefully this is Winner's last gasp as we head toward March first. But the other big thing happening at the end of next week is Maddie's house fundraiser to honor George Foster in the memory of Pete Rose. So first of all, give us a capsule of your daughter and what happened with Matty, and then we'll move on to how people can be involved.
Speaker 7: Well, six years ago, Bill, my daughter faced a lot of mental health issues and consequently then also addiction, and unfortunately she took her life on January seventeenth, six years ago. And from that moment on, the family got together and some wonderful folks have been, of course surrounding us with their love and help, and we put together the organization called Mattie's House. Mattie's House helps young adults who are struggling with mental health or addiction issues and we provide all types of services. We have a beautiful eight thousand square foot home on two acres in a pond out where Paul Crosley's places. A lot of folks know Pinecroft and it's right across the pathway from that. We've been in operation for about a year and we're seeing upwards of a thousand young adults.
Speaker 3: A month and that's what we're doing, and.
Speaker 7: Going into next week we're going to try and raise.
Speaker 2: Some money a thousand, one thousand a month.
Speaker 1: Now before Mattie's House, did they fall through the crack somewhere before you know where to go.
Speaker 7: This is a safe space. The idea is is to have another safe space in life. So you can come to Mattie's house and just hang out. You can come to Mattie's house and bake cupcakes. You can come to Maddie's house and do game night, or come to movie night, or during the nice weather, you know, play pickleball or basketball, or just sit by the lake. It's a place to be safe and loved and also just to know that people care about you. And the biggest thing we do is we create community. My daughter never had this. She had nowhere to go. It was actually her idea to say, I wish there was somewhere to go, and there wasn't at the time, but there is now.
Speaker 3: So yes, our.
Speaker 7: Explosion in people, young adults showing up has been because the need.
Speaker 3: Is so great.
Speaker 1: So if you're a child, if you're a person in crisis, if you're a mom or dad. Some of the worst things, the worst stories I hear, is when moms and dads love their daughters and sons who fall into the addictive world or mental health whatever, bring them back into the home. The home is tryingsh they can't leave, stay there. There's nowhere to go. Mattie's house is a respite all the tickets.
Speaker 3: Well, there's no question about it. Bill.
Speaker 7: Bottom line is we know we have uh saved some lives. There have been some young adults who have been in crisis, and thankfully Mattie's House has been there with the folks that work there, are young adults, are volunteers.
Speaker 3: We believe it's made a difference in the community.
Speaker 2: Sure, it has no question.
Speaker 1: Once again, tickets are available in m H stands for Mattie's House m H since the C I N C Y dot org. For more information phone numbers three four seven Mattie m A D I O R. But all the informations on the website. The events are taking place the next Friday night at Music Hall MH since dot org. Steve Riley, once again, thanks again coming on the Bill Cunningham show. Hope the weather's not as bad as you indicate, but the March first is coming. The reds pitchers and catchers are throwing the ball in the Arizona. I hope springs on the horizon. Do you see this as as winner's last gasp?
Speaker 7: If not, we're gonna take a wooden steak and hammer it into Mother Nature much like a vampire.
Speaker 3: She's roaming around winter far too long.
Speaker 1: See Roley, You're a great American. Once again, thanks for coming on the Bill Cunningham Show.
Speaker 2: Thank you, Steve, Thank you Bill.
Speaker 3: I couldn't thank you enough.
Speaker 2: God bless you.
Speaker 7: Ill.
Speaker 1: Let's continue with more news is next and after two o'clock today will be Curtis Houck a media research center about what the media does to twist and turn the minds of average Americans against what is right in this country. Bill Cunningham, News Radio seven hundred WULWU, Cincinnati by Billy Cunningham, the Great American. Of course, the Media Research Center, also NewsBusters dot Org PARTNREOP covers the mainstream media garbage in garbage out of all the information you received from the so called mainstream media is wrong. You may cast a ballot based upon fraudulent information. So the services of Brent Broseel's group Media research Center NewsBusters dot org is really important. Join and you and I. I is Curtis Houck. He's a representative of MRC, executive vice president of NewsBusters dot Org, in which they chronicle daily, hourly, every minute with the American people see, read, and hear through the mainstream media. And Curtis Houck managing editor of a NewsBusters. Welcome again to the Bill Cunningham Show. One thing I noticed going on now whenever there's an air traffic control incident, and Sadley has been several recently, that number one, it's Donald Trump's fault. And you have a colleague here involving NBC News who is a critical of Trump's attempt to overhaul the outdated air traffic control system. And on the Today Show, correspondent Ryan Nobles ripped for quotes suggesting the aviation system is outdated without providing examples to which you know it is. So how does the media say one thing about air traffic controllers that may contribute to airplane crashes, et cetera. On one hand, but on the other hand, we know it's an outdated system because the American people are getting the correct information.
Speaker 2: Explain that to the American people.
Speaker 10: Well, yeah, Bill, I mean, I think without evidence is like the liberal media's favorite catchphrase. You feel like, you know, they love saying that. They love saying that to describe anything alleged about anything by anyone they don't like, regardless of whether it's.
Speaker 4: True or not.
Speaker 10: It's the new your racist or your sexist. They use this as an attempt to shut down discussion of you know, whatever they want to talk about. In this case, it's air traffic control. The other thing that's really been in the news is doge Friday morning, is CNN have this insane chiron saying Trump Musk alleged massive fraud in government without solid proof. It's the same sort of thing they do this on issue after issue, where you know, they'll say that, oh, there's not there's not fraud. You know, there's not fraud in government.
Speaker 8: No is just fine.
Speaker 10: Uh, just forget about just forget about the fact that you know, people have been saying this for decades NAKA the union for their traffic controllers have been saying, uh, something needs to change. Forget about all that stuff. There's no evidence. It's amazing to see though, how you know, I mean, we knew this to be true already, but the left has gone, you know, from claiming to stand up for the little guy and working people, average Americans to providing aid and comfort to the government. That's really what this is.
Speaker 4: Oh, the poor federal workers, Oh.
Speaker 10: My gosh, this is this is just awful. They're just you know, these people are glorified college professors with tenure. That's really what we've been dealing with. Yes, people go in there for jobs, security and government, but at the same time, the idea that they've never been, you know, exposed to or have to deal with uncertain job environments, which literally the rest of the ninety nine percent of the country has to deal with, is just rich.
Speaker 1: You know what, one of the great things at NewsBusters dot org is unbeknownst to you, me or and everyone, there's a there's a limestone mine in the state of Pennsylvania, two hundred and fifty feet below ground in Whatchday's store box after box. I can imagine that documents in there of federal employee records. If you want to retire, you have to retire through a limestone mine. Some were underground in Pennsylvania guarded taking one hundreds of federal employees currently and the records are kept there underground on a limestone mine, which is costing a taxpayer and then in the range of twenty to forty million dollars a year to store paper in a limestone mine, and that's justified.
Speaker 10: Yeah, it is ridiculous. I mean, there was a question at the White House Press briefing this past week, Caroline Levitt somebody from CBS Jennifer Jacobs, who said, you know, are these things that you're pointing out and el Musk is talking about, are these really actually examples of waste, fraud and abuse or these just you don't like? And Caroline was kind of shocked, but she had a great answer. She then completely flipped out. She just calmly said, well, if you want to stand up here and defense some of these things as worthwhile uses of the taxpayer dime, be my guest, because it's not gonna work. It's not gonna go well for you. You know, the government, even under the most lean circumstances, people support things like airtraffic controllers, people, the military paying our you know, veterans, providing them great care. But when it comes to these other things, Department of Education CFPB usaid, you know, there's this suck thinking that, oh no, it's just money for kids to have school lunches, or the CFPB is like the only thing standing in the way protecting people from fraud. And it's like, what, like, I mean, yes, we had like things were created, certain ages were created after the scandal of that scandal, but it's like America was the wild wild West until like the age of Barack Obama or Jimmy Carter before.
Speaker 3: That is just insane.
Speaker 1: Curtis Hoch, you have a great column up about the CBS Evening News used to be the gold standard. I can think of the days everyone in the CBS Evening News with Walter Cronkite. This is wonderful and unbeknownst to many people, Laura O'Donnell, who was the anchor for the last few years, had terrible ratings. Nobody watched, so they decided to go with a dual anchor system of John Dickerson and Maurice du Bois. They're up there telling us every day about the CBS Evening News, and they're comparing the Ukraine peace deal, which may or may not occur. I hope it does, to the nineteen thirty eight Adolf Hitler appeasement that somehow CBS nub says, if there's peace in the Ukraine, it's similar to Chamberlain coming back with peace in our times, comparing the fight with Russia and Ukraine to Nazi Germany.
Speaker 2: Explain that one for.
Speaker 10: Us, Wow, this one is insane. You know, I'm a very pro Ukraine person, a lot of our guys in the office are, and it kind of leaves us out of step with a lot of folks on the right. But even this story last night got me like driving up a wall or jorgeven Ea bit the bullet and wrote it up for us. But you know, they proposed no alternatives. They just simply convetched and belliated about all the things that Donald Trump is doing or proposing in terms of Ukraine. To simply say that the war has to end. They're saying, oh, he's appeasing and giving in to Putin. They proposed no alternatives. And this is the things the liberal media bill. They love to complain and complain and complain about Republicans. Ill I don't like this.
Speaker 3: They're not getting nick up.
Speaker 10: But they offer no alternatives in terms of like, okay, so what do you think you guys should do instead?
Speaker 4: And their guys have.
Speaker 10: Had four years to figure this out and they have to. You know's that with the fact that you know, Pete Heiksa simply said, hey, guys, going back to how things were before, like Russian in vated Crimea in eastern Ukraine in twenty fourteen, probably not going to happen. Like this that was somehow some affront to humanity, and it's like it's called being realistic.
Speaker 6: Guys.
Speaker 1: Well, another posting at NewsBusters dot org involves ABC News. You may not know it, but the view every East every day eleven am Eastern time is a product of ABC News. Peter Jennings will be rolling over in his grave and Sunny Houston, among the most leftering, ridiculous so called journalists in the world, claims that Trump is acting the Department of Education to create a permanent underclass, that his goal in the billionaire is to have a permanent group of kids, escionally in urban areas they can't read and write.
Speaker 2: Well, what the hell's happening?
Speaker 4: Now?
Speaker 2: What's going on?
Speaker 1: As I speak, the permanent underclass? And they want to change in and empower the states to do a better job. But this article describes the status of public education today, which is the worst in the world. So if we try to fix it, then you want to create a permanent underclass.
Speaker 10: Yeah, hold on, Bill, I thought the left is I thought it's the left that's trying to create a permanent on your class by keeping illegal immigrants in this country. But okay, well that's just yeah, yeah, because that's kind of what they're doing. But who will pick the cotton? They sound like pre Civil War confederates out there, so for them to talk about a permanent end class is just rich with irony.
Speaker 5: You know.
Speaker 10: President Trump is absolutely right that we spend poodles of cash year after a year in suburban, urban, rural school districts that are struggling, and things are exactly impro Things are not very good, and to put it mildly, so the solution maybe is not to throw more money at it, because that's really what the Department of Education has been in large parts. It has been redirecting money, giving out plots of money, and clearly things are not going well.
Speaker 3: We have a.
Speaker 10: Mental and psychological scourge in this country that is still revealing itself in the students who are still in school and going into adulthood who went through COVID in schools. My brother is a high school teacher, my dad is a SRO at another school back in Leicester, Pennsylvania, and they see this too, that certain age groups that we're going through, particularly already what would be challenging school years as they move up through school are just they just behave differently in a bad way compared to the other kids who who are younger and didn't work going through school during COVID, and I just think, you know, something has to change, and President Trump is saying, let's change it. But for CN to say that there's no solid proof or ABC to say there's a permanent underclass being created is just doom casting.
Speaker 1: And you know, Curtis Halkumn, NewsBusters dot Org, Managing editor. One thing I've noticed that when fourth grade testing occurs, that there's a large disparity between whether a fourth grader can read or not. You kind of learn to read and then you read to learn, and the longer you're in many of these public schools in the cities in the rural areas, by the eighth grade, it's going backwards. In other words, you would hope in the fourth grade there are many good governors. And in fact, George Bush forty three had this promise to read in the fourth grade requirement of doe. How did that work out? Not well at all. And so if you don't learn to read, you can't read to learn. And so the longer you're in school, the worse it gets. And so the solution is not to keep doing the same thing ninety two billion dollars a year spending Department of Education. Maybe take that, might take forty billions cent into the states and say you at the local level, determine what to do because we have failed. There's some ridiculous number one hundreds of thousands of DOE employees who spend ninety two billion dollars. And by the time these same kids in the fourth grade that they do poorly by the eighth grade is dismal. By the twelfth grade, you have diplomas that can't be read by a lot of the kids. In fact, eighty percent of eighty percent of eighth graders cannot read at the appropriate level. And if you don't learn to read, you can't read to learn. And instead of trying something different, they're attacking Donald Trump for saying education is a local matter. And I know you believe this curtis out, but I'll say it that it's up to parents. It's up to a good mom or a good dad. I had a great mom and a bad dad. But by the time I went to school as a first grader, I knew how to read. And by the time I was a fourth grader, I was reading to learn other stuff. So if you have terrible parents that don't get a four or five six year old ready for school, I say shut down the system and begin in the first grade. We're going to have a new sheriff in town, which means, guess what you're going to learn to read by the time you come to school. And if not, stop what we're doing, try something different, because the longer these kids are in school, the worse they get. Now that's the permanent underclass, would you agree.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 10: My brother teaches high school math, so it's a very similar issue. It's the other issue that's tested multiple times throughout a student's time in grade school, so he sees that as well. And my dad, actually, before he became an SRO, taught health and pe and middle school for twenty years and it was much the same thing, talking about parental involvement. I I can't tell you how many times still I heard my dad talk about that when he'd come home from school and he'd be sitting at the dinner table talking about issues involving parental involvement. That behavior stems from what's going on at home.
Speaker 4: Yet teachers can flies.
Speaker 10: My third grade teacher got me interested in politics and the presidency and that changed my life. But you also need parents, absolutely two to tango.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 1: Lastly, one of my bugaboos the last twenty or thirty years is public broadcasting and that is five reasons to the funded. I've not heard much yet from the Trumpster about defunding public broadcasting, which is terrible, and if you want to support it, I love all these fundraising drives in which the Beg's are brought back to life and they perform for you in condition that you send in one hundred and ten dollars to get a CD for whatever the hell that is of the Beg's. But explain one or two reasons why public broadcasting needs to be defunded immediately, if not sooner.
Speaker 10: Yeah, I mean this is actually insane. I mean the one that we hear a lot about about NewsBusters and you talk about a lot is.
Speaker 7: Just a bias.
Speaker 10: Obviously, just on the issue of transgenderism. We looked at seven months of the PBS News Hour. They gave over ninety percent more airtime of airtime to the left view about transgenderism. And when it comes to money, yes, I'm totally with you. If you want to support this, you should in PBS has three hundred and forty five affiliates, which is insane when you consider ABC is two forty eight, CBS two fifty one, NBC two thirty five. On NPR there is one thousand and eighty five NPR affiliates, the same of New York alone had seventy three. That is insane, you know, the two belt. Lastly, the equipment they get the nicest equipment out there.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 10: And the idea that like, oh, if you shut down the four NPR, one of the four NPR affiliates or three of them in a small town, people are still gonna get their news. Is not going to be the end of the world.
Speaker 1: There's a lot to say about transgenderism on the other side, which is the damage cause long long term sexually mutilate teenage boys and girls to give them puberty blockers that changes them permanently. Britain did this long, extensive, twenty five year study that set over seventy percent of those who went through transgenderisms of one top hormones of surgery said in their thirties and forties, guess what we made A serious blunder, a serious mistake.
Speaker 2: There's loss to be said for that.
Speaker 1: We don't tell a fourteen year old that can drive a car, you can smoke a cigarette, you can't have a contract, you can't get married. But guess what, with the doctor's permission and the hospital's permission and the parents' permission, you can sexually mutilate a fourteen or fifteen year old. That's absurd. But to consider that PBS right now is funded to the tune of five hundred million dollars, to me, that's low hanging fruit. Because the other issue, Curtis Houke, is somewhat duplicitous. I get the same information from the New York Times, I get it from CBS, NBC, ABC, I get it everywhere. Liberalism is ubiquitous. And so it's not like giving us counterprogramming to the mainstream media. It is the mainstream media and we're paying for it.
Speaker 10: Yeah, WLW, your main station has, you know, is public airwaves, ABC, CBS, NBC. You can still get it with the old rabbit years. See, the idea that you somehow need another one that is funded by the taxpayers is ludicrous at this point.
Speaker 1: Curtis Hawk, once again, thank you for coming on The Bill Cunningham Show, and Curtis You're a great American.
Speaker 10: You are a great American.
Speaker 4: Bill, talk again.
Speaker 2: Soon, God bless America.
Speaker 1: Let's continue with more and if a line becomes available, and you know the routine. But PBS get the same information through numerous media outlets. But why do we pay for it directly? Is beyond me? Bill Cunningham, seven hundreds WLW.
Speaker 4: We will bring Championship Baseball to Cincinnati.
Speaker 1: Quiet and I'm I'm broadcasting.
Speaker 3: Right God will he.
Speaker 1: Tech man, teg man, Willie? How are we looking well right now?
Speaker 7: Willy?
Speaker 9: The Reds are one week away from starting off of the Cactus League. Yeah, and uh, the FC Cincinnati looks like they're about a week away from starting their season.
Speaker 1: Also, we got Mick Cronin coming to town more or less Indiana.
Speaker 9: Your comments on that, Oh, the Bruins played tonight against the Hoosiers and the Hoosiers aren't playing too well, So I would I would say that, mister Cronin, if the Bruins play well, they're going to get a dub.
Speaker 1: Got to talk about the comments of Jonathan Jonathan what he talked about the Reds last year, talked about that in a moment segment.
Speaker 2: Get me into the Stooge report.
Speaker 9: Please will leave the Stuete Reporters approved service of your local Tame Star Heating and air Conditioning dealers Tamestar Quality. You can feeling beautiful Northern Kentucky can tom Wrecked and Heating and air Conditioning at eight five nine two six ' one eighty two sixty nine.
Speaker 1: And as I said, Willie, let's see Red's update.
Speaker 9: Cactus League opener one week from tomorrow against those Guardians. The action will be right here with Tommy T and Jeffy B on seven hundred WLW Bengals Update brought to you by Good Spirits, Winding Tobacco and Party Town with thirteen convenient locations in Northern Kentucky. New Bengals defensive coordinator Al Golden has won the twenty twenty four Broyles Award, given to college football's top assistant coach. Golden has led the Irish defense this past season to fifteen points a game. If he can do that in the NFL, put the ring on the finger of the Bengals.
Speaker 1: What about Jim truck So becoming the vice president slash Lieutenant Governor. I interviewed him about an hour or so ago, and I like the idea he comes horizontally, not vertically up from politics, but his learning curve might be a bit steep.
Speaker 2: You know what I'm saying. Richard K.
Speaker 1: Jones couldn't be the lieutenant governor, and maybe Trusten couldn't be the sheriff. But eventually Jim Trassell is there as kind of like a backup plan for Mike DeWine. Please continue segment.
Speaker 9: College basketball today Willy the NKU Norris Or at Green Bay at six thirty on the ESPN fifteen thirty, Wright State at Milwaukee, and as we said, UCLA takes on Indiana tomorrow. Double header here on seven hundred w WELW kicks off at noon from the Centas Center as a Xavier Place host to the Paul Blue Demons, and then at three point thirty, the Cincinnati Bearcats are up against Big twelve rival and number ten Iowa State.
Speaker 1: If they need to make an impact after winning three games in a row, they must beat the Cyclones in Iowa.
Speaker 2: Do you agree?
Speaker 9: But Clones haven't lost at home in like three years.
Speaker 1: One lost, Well, you're gonna lose at some point.
Speaker 9: The tep hope segment I will also tomorrow Kentucky and Texas.
Speaker 1: The Cats and the Horns go at it.
Speaker 9: Miami goes for win number twenty of the season versus Western Michigan, to cane up against the Dayton Flyers and number one Auburn versus number two Alabama World Tide.
Speaker 1: Now segment, you're ignoring the comments Jonathan India, Now, yes you are. You're ignoring him because they're unkind Please tell the American people. But the twenty twenty one Rookie of the Years said about the Reds. He said that the Reds need to they need a kick and then you know where will he. That's what they.
Speaker 9: Need and they you know, they needed they need some leadership, and obviously David Bell didn't do that. So that's why they got Terry Francota in there to write things up and get it going.
Speaker 1: The quote is quote that Tito hiring is used for the Reds.
Speaker 2: They need it.
Speaker 1: That they need discipline, they need five in their ass. So the last few years under David Bell, they didn't have discipline and their ass was not on fire. You're comment like this show, I'm on fire all the time tonight about this team.
Speaker 4: I'm just getting pumped up about it.
Speaker 1: Thank you, mister Castellini. I'm excited over the last twelve years, since twenty thirteen. I think this is the rest ball best Reds ball club they've had since twenty thirteen. I would think so feel the same way, Sake, thank you. Do you feel the same way? Yes, get you? I do as I said the Reds. This town is ready to re up for something.
Speaker 3: Amen.
Speaker 1: Three or four years ago, the Bearcats are in the final four to win the national title. You had the Bengals that were in the Super Bowl, you had the Reds huntering along, and here we are in twenty twenty five. We need something to excite us. It's been thirty years since they won a playoff series. Has time to get it done and I have hope a segment. All we have is hope, hope, hope and more hope. Well, the hockey busy weekend for the Cyclones. There at Fort Wayne tonight in Bloomington Tomorrow at three o'clock. Mattinee face off Sunday against the Indie Fuel, USA and Canada tomorrow night and the Four Nations faceoff tournament. Because of a threat of rain in South Florida on Sunday, the start time for the DAYTONA five hundred has been moved up to one thirty PM and it's one hundred days. So the running of the Indianapolis five hundred tech Man, were you shocked when Jim Trussell was selected as the lieutenant governor? Were you shocked by that? Because I know I think Richard K. Jones was offered the job and he said no. Really were you shocked?
Speaker 4: Ye know that?
Speaker 9: Well, he wants to be the high sheriff. Will he didn't want to leave Butler County.
Speaker 2: I don't think you can.
Speaker 1: You know he almost ran for the Congress with Warren David a seat when Bayner left. Right now, I mean, trust was seventy two years old, never been in politics. And when I asked him are you registered to vote? He said I think I am. And I said are you a registered republic And he said I think so. I said, did you vote for Mike de Wine? He said, uh, I believe I did so. Uh. You know he's got a steep learning to curve. Would you agree, Uh? Yeah slightly? And then what do you think?
Speaker 9: I mean, you're the political analyst of the big One. I mean, uh, it'll make any difference what I think? What what do you think about the move? I'll say this, it is out of the box. It is something that no one saw coming. He could have anointed someone to more or less run against David Yost for governor and or to take Ramaswami, and that would have made it a three way, and no one likes a three way. So I would say provo except the skyline.
Speaker 1: And so I would say he made a decision to have a caretaker, someone who was there just in case. And when I asked Jim Trussell after one o'clock, are you going to form an exploratory committee to see if you're going to run for governor? He didn't know what exploratory committee was. So he's got a steep learning curve. But under Mike DeWine, he's got time to do it, and he's completely.
Speaker 2: Shall I say, uh, useless.
Speaker 1: If Mike Dwine serves the next two years, which he says he is, he's not going to get sick, he's not going to die, he's not going to keep doing his job. But if some tragedy strikes, then Jim trust was going to be the governor, and that all help breaks blues because then you have a sitting Governor. Crap's running against Babak Ramaswami and David Yost.
Speaker 2: Now you've got real issues. So I don't know what to say.
Speaker 1: But I'm glad he picked someone outside the box who's not in politics. Right because Mike the Wine's been there for half a century. He knows that the bodies are buried everywhere. Correct. So Tressel, I think, compared to the alternatives, was a good choice. I would tend to agree with that wholeheartedly.
Speaker 2: Gimme some more.
Speaker 1: That's all I got. Oh, you got nothing else going on?
Speaker 3: Segment.
Speaker 1: Another issue is spark Landing. I'm glad you brought this up. Okay, there's a case called Brandenburg versus Ohio.
Speaker 2: You might remember sixty nine.
Speaker 1: Yeah, there was a group of so called Ku Klux Klan members to shout stupid racist slogans all over the place and it got to o higher than the US Supreme Court, and they said, relative to the so called neo Nazis in and around Lincoln Heights, that you have the right to say and make a fool of yourself all you want, do, whatever you want to do, and it's legal. And what has to happen is a call for violence. So unless they called for violence against someone, whether it was Evendale or Lincoln Heights, they have the right to do what they did, and they did what they did. The only way to stop it would be to have a permit requirement with minimal requirements. And I'm interested to ask this question segment. You're ready for a question, go right ahead. It appears that they used a rental van. It wouldn't take Sherlock Holmes to figure out who rented the van, right, where is the van from? Who are these guys, what are their intent So instead of hollering, shouting and screaming, how about doing some police work, find out where the band came from, who leased it, and what are their intentions? What they're doing. What they did at this point was completely legal. You know what I'm saying. Yeah, I agree with you.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Oh.
Speaker 1: Whether it's Black Lives Matter on the radical left I want to tear things down, throw objects through the front window of the Justice Center and breaking the stores all over Cincinnati, or on the right neo Nazis, the First Amendment covers those activities unless there's a call for violence. Now, when Black Lives Matter riots and protests took place, there was a call for violence. In fact, violence took place a little bit in Cincinnati, but mainly all over the rest of the country. And so I'm against violence on the left and the right and the right. Right now, if some neo Nazis, so called neo Nazis self describe, want to run a van going to public property and unferrol swastikas, I don't like it.
Speaker 2: You don't like it, but damn it, it's legal.
Speaker 1: And the way to stop it is to investigate them a little bit, which you can through the license plate number, or secondly, have Evendale or Lincoln height little bit of a permit requirement, which means minimal requirements would be had on a permit. You can't you can't have permits for subject matter streaming, hollering and shouting. But as far as time manner in place, the answer would be, yes, you can do that. So what needs to happen. Number one, they have the right to do it. Number two, who are they? What are their intentions? And if they don't call for immediate violence, which I understand the Nazis did not do, they have the right to do what they did, just like Black Lives Matter have their rights to go into public square, public property and shout racial slogans, but when it crosses in the line of riots, then you don't have the right to do that. And so that's my take on it. Segment what is yours sounds pretty good to me. You can't disagree with me, then, I mean, you know, I mean, what am I going to say?
Speaker 9: I mean, you know, find out I'm sure they're going to find out where that van was rented, yeah, and everything else. I'm sure the detectives are on it. And then all of a sudden, you know, they end up at that what the elementary school the other day in Lachland, I mean, what, what's going on?
Speaker 1: Well, if they were on public property not advocating violence against anybody, much like the right to practice your religion, freedom of speech is kind of important. And so if you want to go on public property and make a fool of yourself and not call for violence, that is protected free speech. I hate to find myself on the same side of the table as the ACLU, But when I look at Louis Sturkin and others, they give coach to the inquir saying, look, we don't like the subject matter content of what they're saying. But you can't pick and choose which constitutional rights will be upheld which will not be with held. Right and there's five rights in the First Amendment. The most important of these the freedom of speech. And they got the right to do it as long as they do not advocate for violence, imminent violence. And they did not, And I would add that Sheriff Charmaine McGuffey, our fine democratic sheriff of Hamlet the county, said there was not an advocation for violence. So the cops can stand by and watch, and that's it. Now if they advocate for violence, they can arrest them and then charge them criminally. But number one, what not happen is Evendale and Lincolnites out of past ordinances on time manner in place of protests, so they can know the identity of these people. Secondly, they then have to provide the space available for them to say whatever stupid things they want to say. And that's part of the deal of being a great American. I don't want to live in a country with the five freedoms in the First Amendment.
Speaker 2: There's only four. No, there's five, and all five in.
Speaker 1: The First Amendment are individual guarantees from the federal government. As to what our rights are, the freedom of speech, freedom, religion, freedom to press, freedom assembly, freedom to petition your government. And these nail Nazis, despite we hated, what they had to say was seeking to petition government. I says, I guess to do something. I'm not sure what it was, but whatever it was, they have the right to do it. And law enforcement has no duty, no right to arrest people exercising First Amendment freedoms on public property as long as violence is not advocated. And for someone to suggest these should be arrest because they unferral of the Gestapo symbols or the Nazi symbols, or Black Lives Matter and the radical left they've said they've done and a bunch whole bunch is really stupid things. And I want both extreme groups they have the ability to express themselves without advocating violence. Now, when I look at US congressman today, I hear congressmen like Congressman Garcia of Texas talk about taking weapons to the street. And that's a democratic US congressman opposing doggie, opposing he wants weapons in the street. Now, that's a lot closer to advocating violence than I think a congressman should.
Speaker 2: Don the Yeah, what is it? What do we do? Runs?
Speaker 1: And Johnny Crawford, Yes, I get it, but calm down a little bit. Put in requirements for time, place, and manner of protest, not controlling subject matter, and then find out who these people are.
Speaker 2: Keep an eye on them, and away you go. And you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: I know what you're saying. Second, man, get me out of the Stew's report. Lots of stuff going on. I'm sure Eddie and the Rock are standing box.
Speaker 9: Will you, in honor of everybody, have a good weekend and happy Valentine's Day to one at all. And now watch out for the rain coming up tomorrow and Saturday and Sunday.
Speaker 1: We leave four inches.
Speaker 9: We leave you with the immortal words of the stew Report.
Speaker 1: See highway patrol again next week.
Speaker 6: Until then, remember, breakfast driving doesn't determine who's right, only who's left.
Speaker 1: This is Roderick Crawford saying, see you next week and seg the other argument available if you unferl these symbols on an overpass of I seventy five. Yeah, that's a little bit of a different twist because drivers coming in and under I seventy five could look up and see it. That's another twist to the idea of you know what, that's a risk of advocating violence indirectly by causing maybe motorists to lose control of their car. That's true. Evendale, Lincoln Heights, get together time man or in place to protest no subject matter of control.
Speaker 2: And have them do what they're going to do.
Speaker 1: And maybe they can deny the opportunity to protest on the overpass and protest somewhere else or there's not a danger of vehicular traffic segment. Thank you till the cunning up News Radio seven hundred w ELD