Speaker 1: The following is a paid podcast. iHeartRadio's hosting of this podcast constitutes neither an endorsement of the products offered or the ideas expressed.
Speaker 2: Function better, feel better, and live a better life. This is doctor Eric Kaplan, and you're listening to boost your brain power. We're going to talk about the most common misconceptions of modern day medicine. There's lots of false rumors that go around these hospitals and doctors' offices and medical schools, and then they're taught to these patients incorrectly. So it's very important that we communicate the most common misconceptions so that you can educate yourself on how to improve your own health so you're not dependent on tests and doctors and pills to be healthy. The power that made the body heals the body. We need to make sure that you do not create any interference with the body's way of healing. And that is my job is to help you get rid of interference. So what are these misconceptions and I'm talking about Well, one of them is calcium, right, So a lot of patients just think, oh, I'm getting older, my bones will get weaker, and now I need to take calcium and there are lots of doctors that support this theory, and they just say, oh, go take calcium, you're pretty old. No, that's not how it works. Don't take calcium because you reach a certain age. It's not how it works. First of all, most people aren't even calcium deficient. You got to look in your blood work. Look in your blood work. Most people, well, if anything, have too much calcium. I see this all the time, especially with parathyroid conditions, and nobody checks you for that. If your calcium levels are high and when I say hi, I think above ten is high. If they're above ten in your blood work, then you're gonta check your parathyroid because that could be influencing it. You could have an issue in that part of your body. So calcium levels need to be looked at in the blood work. Now, if you are calcium deficient where it's too low, that's a different story. Then you might need to supplement with calcium. But it needs to be a quality supplement, not from CVS, not from the vitamin shop, not from GNC or Whole Foods or Wegmans or shop. Right, don't get these, you know, commercial type of supplements. They're gonna be full full of fillers, contaminants, impurities, a lot of food dyes and artificial flavors and preservatives. Don't do it. Don't take these vitamins and supplements from the store. I treat my patients like I treat my family. If I would not suggest it for my patients, I wouldn't do it all right. But for some reason, people think it's okay to just get vitamins, you know, from Trader Joe's. You know, it's like these health food stores or something like that. They think it's okay because it's from a health food store. No, be careful. Most of the supplements are crap, contaminants and purities. We don't want that. I like a company called apex Energetics, but you have to order it through a doctor because these companies are about quality control. Don't get this stuff on Amazon because there's a lot of scams out there. You have to get it from a doctor, and a doctor that practices functional medicine. Functional medicine is different than a typical doctor because we look at patterns. We look at the root cause you don't treat symptoms. And be careful of those doctors that claim to be functional medicine practitioners, but are just treating symptoms with supplements instead of medicine. It's still a medical mindset. So you don't want to go to any doctor that just treats your symptoms. That's not a good doctor. You want to go to a doctor that gets to the root cause of the that could be detective and can figure out where the problems are. Not hide the symptoms. That's a band aid. Right, Even if it's natural, you don't want to hide the symptoms. You know, you don't want to. Uh. Even let's say natural melatonin is natural, right, Oh, I have troubles with sleep, Let me take melatonin. Oh, that helped me with sleep. That's not good though, because then your brain says, oh, I don't need to produce the melatonin on my own, and your brain becomes weaker and you rely on the melatonin more, then you have to take more. It's a vicious cycle. So it's better not to rely on anything. Create your own circadium rhythms. Do that through the sunlight. Go outside ten minutes during sunrise, in ten minutes during sunset, you reset your pineal gland. You gotta do it for twenty one straight days to create a change in your brain. Ten minutes on sunrise, ten minutes sunset. Go outside and watch the sun go up, and watch the sun go down. Right now, getting back to calcium, So do blood work. And you got to see, Am I too low? Am I too high? If I'm right in the middle, No, I'm not gonna do anything, of course not. Never take calcium supplements if you're normal, because guess what happens? Then the body says, I gotta deposit this calcium somewhere. And what if it deposit its in your breast and causes breast cancer? What if it deposits it in your arteries and creates a heart attack or stroke. What if it deposits it in your lungs and affects your breathing or your stomach, affects your digestion, or kidney stones or gallstones, and you gotta get your gallbladder removed. If you take calcium supplements when you don't need them, it's dangerous. It's even been linked to cancer and heart disease. That bad, right, So don't guess. Check your blood work, and if you're already taking calcium supplements, go a few weeks without taking it and check your blood work. Then you'll know whether you have too much or you have too little. Right, So, calcium number one does not come from milk. That's a lie. Does milk have calcium, Yes, But does milk have calcium that human beings can absorb and digest and utilize properly. No, they don't tell you that part. They don't tell you that human beings can absorb it. They don't tell you that. There's no research that shows people who drink milk have less incidents of osteoporosis. In fact, it's the exact opposite. People who have osteoporosi, we're more likely to drink milk. It's the opposite of what we're told. I have patients that also say, oh, I don't drink milk, so I gotta take calcium supplements. Wrong on so many ends. Number one, milk doesn't give you calcium, and number two, you don't want to take calcium supplements unless you're deficient. Got it, And you're not taking calcium supplements because of osteoporosis. It's another medical misconception. I don't care if you have osteoporosis. It's not a reason to take calcium supplements. It's only if your calcium levels are low, if you do have osteoporosis, the most important thing is weight resistant exercise, Weight resistant exercise and impact. Pushing into walls, pushing down on the ground, even like kind of bouncing on your toes and heels and toes and heels, toes and heels, toes and heels. Impact. That's gonna help keep that body strong. Keep resistance weight, resistance, bands, weights bells, bar bells, kettlebells. I don't care what it is. When they closed the gym during the COVID times, I started doing weights with rocks and branches and tree trunks and stuff that I could lift up with just resistance. All right, They said we got to close the gyms. I said, I gotta work out more. They said stay inside. No, I said, I gotta go outside. Get vitamin D. Be careful what the medical people tell you. It might not always be the best device. You gotta use your brain. Use common sense. Milk is made for babies. You're not a baby. It's just common sense. You don't need milk. You eat food. You're not a baby. Milk is for babies. Stop drinking milk, Stop eating cheese, yogurt, cream, cheese, butter, sour cream, creamy sauces, ranch dressing. Stop with all the dairy, all the cheese, ice cream, the pizza. You're not a baby. Use common sense. What else is common sense? You're not a cow. Don't drink cow's milk. This is just logic. Human milk is for humans. So when you're a baby and you can't eat whole foods, you drink breast milk. That's what milk is for baby. Once you start eating, you don't need to drink milk anymore, and you don't need to drink another species milk. Cow's milk is for the calves, and guess what. Sheep milk is also for their baby sheep, and goat milk is also for their baby goat. It's common sense. You think we're supposed to be sucking on a goat's utter. No, it doesn't make any logical sense. Use logic. You think we're supposed to have meat every day, it's not logical. Think like you're a hunter. Gather eat your fruits and veggies, get all your colors of your rainbow, gather your food, and once in a while you might catch a chicken or a pig or a cow or a fish, or an egg or turkey mite once in a while, not every day. Don't eat eggs every day, don't eat fish every day. Don't eat chicken every day. Don't eat meat every day. It's too much. We need variety, variety of colors, variety of food. You got to keep it natural so you function better, feel better, and live a better life. This is doctor eric Kaplan. You're listening to boost your brain power.
Speaker 3: If you want to improve your brain function, help with memory, focus, sleep, digestion, energy, depression, anxiety, dizziness, balance, vision, headaches, brain fog, weight loss, or simply want to maximize your human potential and prevent future diseases. That this is the show for you. Don't mis boost your brain power with doctor Eric Caplan and you will learn natural, integrative, and holistic approaches to modern day medical problems such as Alzheimer's, Parkinson's stroke, autism, add concussion, autoimmune diseases, insomnia, fibromyalgia, vertigo, migraines, four posture pain, TBIs in and digestive problems. Doctor Kamplin is most famous for getting to the root cause of a wide variety of brain and health conditions rather than treating symptoms with traditional medicines and risky surgeries. To contact doctor Kamplin, you can call his team at two oh one two six one two one five zero, or visit his website at kaplandc dot com.
Speaker 2: Function Better, Feel better and live a better life. This is doctor Eric Kaplan, and you're listening to boost your brain power. So one of the most common misconceptions is that we need calcium supplements as we get older. That's incorrect. You only need supplements if you're deficient, So check your levels. Don't take iron because you're anemic. Check all your levels. Don't take B twelve because you're a vegetarian. Check all your levels. It's not that difficult to figure out what you're deficient in. You don't need to take multivitamins. You're not deficient in all those vitamins. So when your body doesn't need it, then you're making it work, whether it's got to detox it or you gotta deposit it someplace else. Work it cause damage. I don't want that, so I'm not gonna take stuff I don't need. It's better to underdo it than overdo it. Stop taking twelve supplements you don't need it. It's not natural. God gave you this body to work normally, not to take all these pills. We don't need all this intervention. We gotta be more holistic, more natural. Stop trying to cheat. The system doesn't work like that. You gotta do what you gotta do. You gotta drink your water. You gotta get your sunlight. You gotta go outside and get your oxygen. You gotta be social. You gotta exercise every day. You gotta help others. You gotta have some purpose of life. You gotta get your sleep. You gotta reduce your stress levels. You gotta give to charity and volunteer. You gotta change the world. You gotta help others. You gotta live in a society. You gotta be social. Can't sit at home on your computer and your TV and your and your phone all day. It's not living life. Life is experiences. You're not gonna remember on your deathbed, all those nights of watching TV, watching the news. You're not gonna care about that on your deathbed. You're gonna care about your loved ones, your experiences, what goals you've accomplished, what good you did in this world right, And the biggest regret, it's people that don't live by their passion, their purpose. They were just getting by. You're not meant to work, watch TV, scroll on your phone, eat dinner, go home, go to bed, wake up, go to work, eat dinner, watch TV, go on your phone, go to sleep. And do that every day and then try and do something fun on the weekend. That's not a way to live. Every day. You got to experience life. Do something fun. I don't care what it is, what you're into, but have fun, all right. So we don't need calcium unless we're calcium deficient, right, So we only want to take vitamins or supplements that we need, and we got to get it from a quality company. Another misconception is genetics. So we hear all these things, Oh you know, this is my genetics. I get these genetic testing and Angelina Jolie she tested her genes and she has a breast cancer gene, so she took out her breast. That's a little bit too much intervention for me. I don't like it. That's un natural. What if you did the things on the environment that needed to be changed to prevent cancer from ever happening in the first place. That's called epigenetics. So genetics means, oh, I have this cancer gene, I'm gonna get cancer. That's the old way of thinking. Now modern science and research has taught us about epigenetics. You could actually turn off a bad gene by altering your environment. Right, So if I have some lung cancer gene, but I'm smoking cigarettes every day versus somebody else who has the same lung cancer gene. But they don't smoke cigarettes, they don't vape, they don't use cigars. They don't live in a polluted city. They have lots of air purifying plants in their house or home, such as alo vera, muddy plants, spider plants, snake plants. They live in the woods in the forest, their air is really clean that they breathe. They don't like candles or incense in the house. They don't have a job where they're inhaling toxic fumes, or they don't have a leak in their basement where they're inhaling mold, or they don't live with a smoker and get secondary smoke. There's secondhand smoke, which is where you know someone in your in your vicinity is smoking, but there's also third hand smoke where even if the person before you who lived in your house or home was a smoker. That smoke is in the walls, it's in the furniture, so you're inhaling third hand smoke. But if you take care of all the right things, you do your breathing exercises, you do hyperbaric oxygen chamber, you work on your posture, and you do diapramatic breathing, and you do the inhale four seconds, hold your breath for seven seconds, exhale for eight seconds. You're gonna make your lungs function an optimal level and you're gonna turn off that bad lung cancer gene. Right, let's say you have an alcoholic gene. You know both your parents are alcoholics. Yeah, you're more likely to be an alcoholic. But if you choose never to drink alcohol, right, especially as your brain develops, the worst thing for an alcoholic family is for the kid to drink before their brain's fully developed. A female brain fully develops at sixteen, a male brain fully develops around twenty two. That's typical. Obviously, there's variations with that, but that's what we see most of the time. So you have these males drinking at sixteen seventeen eighteen before their brain's fully developed. They're going to be addicted to alcohol if it's in the family. But if they choose not to drink alcohol and never to take that sip of beer or take that shot, then they're not going to turn on the alcoholic gene. They're gonna turn it off. That's epigenetics. I don't care if everyone in your family has diabetes. If you eat righte and don't eat all the carbs and the sugars and the starches and the breads and the bastas, and you don't have a sedentary lifestyle, and you don't eat late at night, and you exercise every day, and you reduce your stress and you drink lots of water, you're not going to turn on the diabetes gene. You're gonna turn it off. It's epigenetics. You can alter your genes by altering your environment. It's under your control. You could do it, but you gotta do the work. And people who have these genetic predispositions just have to work harder than others. So there's some people right they can drink and that's not gonna trigger their alcoholic gene. There's some people that could eat rice and potatoes as are not going to trigger their diabetes because it's not in their genes. But if you do have to in your genes, you gotta work extra hard whatever it is. You know. So my genes, we have bad bladders in our family, right, So I gotta work extra heart, and I gotta make sure that I drink water on an empty stomach. I gotta make sure I have the Celtic salt in my water. I gotta make sure that I wear the Gladiator, which is this amazing infrared belt. I gotta make sure that I don't drink coffee or alcohol that's going to mess up my bladder. I can't drink iced tea and lemonades and juices. That's not good for me. I just gotta drink the water with the salt and the lemon That's gonna be what I have to do. Because I want a good bladder. I gotta practice my kegel exercises more than the average person. I gotta work harder, but I could do it. As long as I do my biggest nerve exercises. My going to work better, and then I'm going to function better, feel better, and live a better life. This is doctor Eric Kaplan more when we come back from the break.
Speaker 3: Don't miss Boost your brain Power with doctor Eric Kaplan every Saturday from two pm to three pm to learn the secrets of how to optimize your brain function. You can improve memory, focus, energy, sleep, digestion, mood, skin, metabolism, and strength by following the science and research that doctor Caplan will be sharing with his audience. Join the adventure of discovering how to help the brain and body in a natural way while having fun at the same time. Listen to boost your brain power. If you want to function better, feel better, and enjoy the quality of life you deserve. Called two oh one two six ' one two one five zero or email info at Kaplan Brainandbody dot com if you're entry in a free ten minute consultation with doctor Caplan, or visit kaplindc dot com for more information. Function better, feel better, and live a better life. This is doctor Eric Kaplan, and you're listening to boost your brain power. We're talking about medical misconceptions.
Speaker 2: Stuff that they tell us that might necessarily be true. Now, one of those things is mammograms. Right, I haven't seen enough research that supports mammograms prevent breast cancer. I haven't seen much evidence that shows these mammograms are saving all these lives. You know, breast cancer is a little bit tricky. You know, either it's going to grow so slowly that the mammograms aren't going to pick it up, or it grows so quickly once a year. Is it gonna do anything either unless on the off chance you do the mapiground at the exact time that the tumor is really growing quickly. And I remember, a tumor is the body's way of protecting you from cancer. Tumors are good. It's protecting you from all these bad cancer cells. The body is smart. Cancer is not a bad thing. It's a good thing. It's protecting you because if you didn't have that tumor, these cancer cells will be spreading everywhere. And then when we do surgeries and biopsies, we disrupt this cancer. And we are the ones that are causing a lot of these cancers to spread. It's called myacturogenic causes caused by the doctor. Sometimes if you just change your habits, you could shrink those tumors on your own and you get rid of the cancer on your own. The tumors and cancer are protecting you the body smart, it's doing what it's supposed to to save your life. And if you discover it, you better change some habits because you're doing something that the body doesn't like because it can't detox of all these chemicals. So, if you do have cancer, if you do have a tumor, it's time to take control of your health and do the right things. But are mammograms the best way of doing it. No, palpation's the best way. So check your breasts every day in the shower. Just check it. You'll know what feels normal, what doesn't feel normal. If you're feeling your body every day, men, you check your testicles, check under your armpits, feel what's normal, Look at your skin, see what's normal. Your hands are your best way to know when things are changing. If you really want to get medical testing for your breasts, but don't want the radiation of the mammograms, because sometimes if you radiate your breast every day, every year, eventually, yeah, you're gonna get breast cancer. Radiation radiation, radiation, radiation every year, eventually. Can't handle radiation causes cancer. Think about that. You know what protects you from cancer, the sun. You know what you don't get when you put on suntan lotion vitamin D and that makes you more at risk for cancer. So people, modern medical society is telling us the sun causes cancer. Does it really or does it actually protect you from cancer? And it's all the chemicals that you're putting on your skin that cause cancer. Stop putting all these chemicals on your skin. Start using more natural products. Ohoba oil, coconut oil, you can even use beef talo. There's natural stuff you can put on your skin alovera. You don't need all this crap and cbs full of alcohol that dries you out, full of fragrance that causes cancer. Look at your ingredients. If it says fragrance, throw it out. If you're putting on lotions with alcohol, it's a scam. Don't put alcohol in your mouth wash. You gotta be careful of all these products that are supposedly safe. They're not. Suntan lotions, the most toxic chemical you could put on your body. You gotta be very careful. And with all the hair dyes and makeups and all the lotions and soaps and cleaning stuff, it's all full of chemicals, especially that fragrance. Watch out for that fragrance, you gotta watch out, all right. So for your breasts, if you're concerned, you could do thermography. That's a medical test that has no radiation that can tell you if something's wrong. But always do it digitally, Always use your hands. That's the best way to know. Same for medical with the prostate. Just get a prostate exam. It's much better than a cat scan and an MRI and ultrasounds and all this crap doing all this radiation. Do it old school, that's the way to do it. Now, what else does everyone doing these days? Ozempic that's the diabetes medication of people are doing to lose weight. Normally, when you lose weight from eating healthier, exercising, reducing your stress, you're gonna lose it about eighty percent fat and twenty percent muscle. That's the normal way we lose weight. With ozempic, it's eighty percent muscle and twenty percent fat. It's the opposite. You're losing weight, but you're losing muscle and everything becomes weaker. And guess what else is a muscle your heart that becomes weaker. Guess what else are muscles? Your stomach and your testines? Those become weaker. Your bones become weaker, your muscles become weaker, your brain becomes weaker. Stop taking these diabetes medications to lose weight. I hate to break it to you, but you gotta do the work. Stop taking these pills to lose the weight. Do it on your own. Start eating healthier, Start exercising more, reduce your emotional stress, go to bed earlier. Start drinking more water. Stop eating processed foods. Stop drinking out of plastics. I had a patient that lost twenty pounds only only by getting rid of plastics. These plastics leak into the water, they leak into your food, and they cause you to gain weight. All she did was stop her plastics, turned everything into glass and stainless steel. Just twenty pounds in three months. The only thing she did. She didn't eat healthier, she didn't exercise more. She just got rid of plastics. So many ways for you to lose weight. Stop with this ozempic, please all right. Another medical misconception is that fat is bad. That is good. We want fat. Where do we get it from? Walnuts, brazil nuts, macadamia nuts, gia seeds, flax seeds, good healthy fats, olives, eat lots of olives, great fat, avocado, very healthy fat. Get your omega threes, your fish, your small fish, your mackerel, your harrying, your sardines, your salmon, not the big fish, not the white fish, the tune. Now, they have lots of mercury. We don't want to have too much of mercury. And don't eat fish from the Pacific Ocean because of the nuclear meltdown from Japan radiated the whole ocean. So when I buy fish, I get it from Atlantic, Norwegian, Mediterranean, icelandic All right, that's where you should get your fish, not from the Pacific Ocean, not the elex asking salmon, and definitely not from China Japan. So fat is good and fat does not make you fat. Now, don't eat the fat of the pork or the steak or the chicken, right, don't eat that fat. But eat good natural healthy fat. Coconut oil, you can do that. That's a good healthy fat. Lots of good healthy fats out there all right. Now. Another common misconception has to do with concussion. So we see a lot of patients with traumatic brain injury, a lot of concussion. Stick around to the end of the show and I'll tell you how to test for that. But a common misconception with concussion is that after you hit your head you should rest. That's actually gonna make your brain weaker. Now, you can't overdo it and strain your brain, but you can't underdo it either. So most people are told the wrong advice after they hit their head with concussion. So rest actually makes your concussion and worse. So when we have patients with concussion, we actually do brain exercise to get those areas of the brain that are damaged stronger. It's gott to rehabit. We can't overdo it, but we can't underdo it either. Another common misconception is autism. So a lot of people just think it's genetic and the only reason that numbers are increasing because diagnostic criteria has changed. Well, that's not true. It's due to all these increasing chemicals. The more chemicals exposed, the more brain inflammation we have, and it starts even from pregnancy, So that's why some kids are born with autism. The average baby now has about three hundred chemicals they're exposed to before they're even born. You know, the FDA has approved ten thousand chemicals in the United States no one the country has that. Most countries only have about five hundred and six hundred and seven hundred chemicals that are legal. We got tens of thousands that are legal here in America. There's too much chemicals. It's causing our brain inflammation. So you've got to start reducing all chemicals from all those crappy products that we're talking about, including our foods, including our cleaning supplies, including our storages, our clothes, all these spandex and workout clothes that all you women are wearing a full of plastics that are getting in your body. Start wearing cotton again. Stop wearing all these workout clothes that look good and tighten your body. They're getting through your skin. It's causing inflammation. It's too many chemical exposure. Don't purposely do it. Because if you want to function best, feel best, and live a better life, just listen to boost your brain power more when we come back from the break.
Speaker 3: If you want to improve your brain function, help with memory, focus, sleep, digestion, energy depression, anxiety, dizziness, balance, vision, headaches, brain fog, weight loss, or simply want to maximize your human potential and prevent future diseases. That this is the show for you. Don't mis boost your brain power with doctor Eric Caplan and you will learn natural, integrative, and holistic approaches to modern day medical problems such as Alzheimer's, Parkinson's stroke, autism, add concussion, autoimmune diseases, insomnia, fibromyalgia, vertigo, migrains four, posture pain, TBI, skin and digestive problems. Doctor Kaplan is most famous for getting to the root cause of a wide variety of brain and health conditions, rather than treating symptoms with traditional medicines and risky surgeries. To contact doctor Kaplan, you can call his team at two oh one two six one two one five zero or visit his website at kaplindc dot com.
Speaker 2: Function Betner, feel better and live a better life. This is doctor Eric Caplan, and you're listening to boost your brain power. We're talking about modern medical misconceptions. Now, we see many children with autism in our offices. Autism is an underdeveloped brain, and what we need to do is rewire the brain. It's called neuroplasticity. Now, don't listen to people that tell you that autism is irreversible, that there's nothing you could do. There's lots you could do to improve your health. Just like you can improve your health if you have diabetes, you can improve your health if you have autism. The first step is called primitive reflex remediation exercises. Children with autism or adults with autism have these retained primitive reflexes that must be fixed before their brain can catch up to development. The second phase is motor and sensory. That's different movements, coordination, different sensory lights and sounds and smells. And then the third part is what most people start with, and why it doesn't work is because you got to do the first two parts first. So you got to do the primitive reflexes first, motor and sensory second. And then the third part with autism is the behavioral, the cognitive, the occupational, the speech, the physical, the social, the cognitive. That's the last part. But you can't do that part before you take care of the primitive reflexes. And you can't do that part before you take care of the motor and sensory components. That is the truth about autism. Okay, so we know a lot of the causes and we know a lot of the solutions, all right, and stick around to the end of the show, and I'll give you a way that you could get your brain analyzed to see if it's appropriate for you or your child. Right, let's talk about another medical conception is milk. Right, Milk is not healthy. Milk causes autoimmune disease. Milk causes lung congestion. Milk causes eczema and skin problems. Milk causes digested problems. So if you have any digested problems, you have acn, you have hives, you have eczema, if you have bronchitis or asthma, if you have inflammation in your joints, you have autoimmune disease, you have hashimotos or MS or siliac, stay away from milk. Milk intolerance is actually normal. Everybody's lactose intolerant. Everybody. If there's somebody who actually isn't, they're the mutation. But I've never met anyone who's not lactose intolerant. You might not realize it because there are a lot of effects are internal even balance problems, brain fog, headaches, bad periods can all be aggravated by milk. I read an article that came out of Harvard a few years ago that linked milk to Parkinson's disease. I don't want Parkinson's disease. I for sure will not drink milk. Right, So they hire these celebrities with their milk mustaches, and they get in the schools, and they get in the pharmaceuticals, and they get in the doctors in the hospitals, and they say, hey, milk is healthy. It's all marketing, all right, we do not need milk. Another medical misconception has to do with cancer. Right. The cancer industry will have you believe that radiation and chemotherapy are the only cures. No, a lot of the radiation and chemotherapy causes cancer. But anyone who tries to help you with cancer who does not use radiation or chemo is considered a quack. It's the way for them to make you look like you don't know what you're talking about. So the cancer industry is interesting because doctors get a kickback if they write a prescription for chema. You know, usually if you write a prescription for a headache medication or a diabetes medication or a pain killer, you don't get any money. But with chemotherapy they can actually get a kickback. There legally, all right, So you gotta be careful for that chemotherapy. You know, it's a business. Don't forget that. They don't want you cured. That's why they say remission. They never use the word remission. That's the worst term ever. That means your cancer is just gonna come back. Why put that in the universe? Right, So the cancer industry isn't what they tell you about. There's other cures for cancer that are not radiation, that are not chemotherapy. Okay, but that is the medical misconception. Another medical misconception is the thyroid. Most thyroid problems are due to autoimmune disease. It's called hashimotos, but doctors don't check you for that. They either say your hypo or hyper can't tell you how many like patients are on thyroid medication, and they don't even know what type of thyroid condition they have, because if you don't check the antibodies, you don't know if you have hashimotos or grays. And if you do have hashimotives, it's not actually a thyroid problem. It's an autoimmune disease. And if you have an autoimmune disease, you must eliminate dairy, gluten, corn, soil, coffee, alcohol. Those are the big six for autoimmune disease. Hashimotos thyroiditis is one of them. MS, multiple sclerosis, siliac gluten intolerance, psoriasis, rheumatoid arthritis, chogrins, lupis, fibromyalgia, chronic fatigue syndrome. These are all autoimmune disease and they all must be worked out by avoiding six foods. Gluten, dairy, corn, soy, coffee, alcohol. Those are the big ones, all right, that's for autoimmune disease. And if you fix your autoimmune disease, you're no longer gonna have a thyroid problem. Right. These are big misconceptions. And the last misconception is medicine. People think medicine is needed for you to feel better. Start paying attention to your symptoms. If you have a fever, your body is heating up to kill off the bacteria, the virus. Why are you gonna take a medicine to bring down your fever, because the body was doing that to protect yourself. Right. If you have a cancer tumor, your body is protecting it. It's encapsulating all your bad stuff. The body's smart. If you have pain, your body is saying hey, don't twist over to the left because you're gonna compress my nerve or my disk. You're gonna cause more muscle spasm. So it causes pain to prevent you from moving a certain way. If you take a painkiller or a muscle relaxer, now you're gonna move more and you're actually gonna aggravate your body more. Right, so there's an issue. If you have a headache, you're not getting blood and oxygen into your brain. Don't take a medication to hide the headache. Get to the root cause of the headache, right. You know, if you know my wife just lost her father, she's all depressed, she's very sad. You know, many doctors are gonna say, here, take antidepressants. No, you're supposed to be sad, You're supposed to cry, let it out. Why are you gonna take medication to hide your symptoms. It doesn't make sense. I'm a functional doctor. I get to the root cause of the problem. That's what you want to do, not to hide it with band aid. Now, how do you know where your problems are? Well, you want to do testing. I'm gonna go over three tests and we're gonna give a gift Normally each test is five hundred dollars each, but we're doing a special today where for the first seven callers or texters or emailers you can get each test for only twenty one dollars each. Now one test is called the q EEG brain mapping. A q EEG brain mapping measures your alpha, beta data and delta brain waves, and based on the location of the abnormal brain waves, it can tell us which areas of the brain are functioning well and which areas are not functioning well. It's gonna tell us you have depression, anxiety. Do you have troubles with focus attention? Are you easily distracted? Do you have troubles with motivation, organization, planning, shifting tasks? Do you have memory long term, short term working memory problems, reading difficulties. Do you have problems with punctuality? Do you have language problems thinking of the right words. Do you have problems with your balance or your eyes or your ears? You have ringing in the ears, floaters in the eyes? Do you have light sensitivity? Do you have problems with your thyroid with your intestines? Do you have heavy metal poisoning? Do you have a virus? Do you have a traumatic brain injury. You can cut, you have insomnia, sleep deprivation, Do you have low dopamine, low acido coling? Do you have white matter inflammation? Do you have toxic stress? It literally picks up everything that's the qEEG brain mapping. It's normally five hundred dollars. First seven people can get it for twenty one dollars. The second test is called a VG video nostography. This is a great test where you wear these goggles. They measure different eye movements fast and slow, and up and down, and with light and dark, and with head movements and all different types of stimulations. That's gonna tell us which areas of the brain are overactive and which are underactive. For areas that are overactive, a lot of times you can get panic and you worry, and your mind's raising and your ADHD and you have you know, trouble sleeping and you have to go to the bedroom all the time, and you have heart palpitations and you always are distracted and you can't focus and think that is the overactive brain. The V ANDNG will also tell us which areas are underactive. You know, poor memory, low motivation, fatigue, always late, slow, metabolism, can't lose weight, stressed depressed, everything's down, So that is an underactive brain. So the VNG picks that up. And I like that because it tells me, okay, on what side of the body you have to stimulate and what side I have to relax, So it helps to figure out the imbalances from left to right. That test is also normally five hundred dollars, but for the first seven people to call, text or email, you can get that test for only twenty one dollars. The last test is a one on one with me, which is also normally five hundred dollars, and you can get that for only twenty one dollars. During the one on one with me, we'll go over your QEG, brain mapping, We'll go over your VNG, We'll go over any blood work you've done. I'll also check out your heart and your lungs and your gut. I'll check out your memory, your balance, your posture, your alignment, your eyes, your ears. So we do a complete evaluation all right, takes about forty five minutes. This is good for the first seven people. You can get it for only twenty one dollars. Right, if you want all three. You could do all three. You only want one, you could do one. You want to do two of them. You could do two, but you gotta be one of the first seven people to call, text or email. The number is six four six two two one, six seven three eight. And again you could call or email or text six four six two two one six seven three eight. The email is info at Caplinbrain and Body dot com. If you want more information, you could go to our website kaplindc dot com. Or if you're on social media, you could go on Facebook join our community. It's Kaplin Brain and Body. If you're on Instagram, it's at Kaplan Brain Body. If you're on TikTok, it's doctor Eric Kaplan. And if you like to go on YouTube and watch videos, you can go to Kaplin Brain and Body on YouTube. If you want my book, you could go on Amazon and you can order my book which is called Boost Your Brain Power, A Guide to improving your Memory and Focus. And when you put in brain power, it's one word. Just go on Amazon. It's a picture of a big blue brain. Boost your brain Power, a Guide to improving your memory and focus. I'm actually writing my latest book, which is Boost Your brain Power the Eight Essentials for Conquering Anxiety without Medication that should come out in twenty twenty five. We're also working on a school classroom, which will be very excited. I'll tell you guys about that. And we're also doing a lot of virtual visits. So if you feel like you want to consult with me and you're far away and you don't want to necessarily come to the office, we could do virtual over WhatsApp, we could do it over FaceTime, we could do it over Zoom, and you can tell me your health concerns and I'll do a one on one with you as well. Uh So, one on one with me about forty five minutes normally five hundred dollars. First seven people you can get for only twenty one dollars. That includes virtual visits. If you don't want to come to my New York City office or my New Jersey office, you could do virtual. Patients are really loving that because they can get their therapy from the comfort of their own home. So we figure out what's wrong with you and we give you the solutions. Again. The number is six four six two two one, six seven three eight and the email is info at Kaplanbrainanbody dot com. Call us, email us, visit us like, subscribe, get your notification, comment everything so that you can function better, feel better, and live a better life. This is doctor Eric Kaplan. You just listen to boost your brain power. We'll see you next week.
Speaker 3: Don't miss boost your brain power with doctor Eric Kaplan every Saturday from two pm to three pm to learn the secrets of how to optimize your brain function. You can improve memory, focus, energy, sleep, digestion, mood, skin, metabolism, and strength by following the science and research that doctor Caplan will be sharing with his audience. Join the adventure of discovering how to help the brain and body in a natural way while having fun at the same time. Listen to boost your brain power if you want to function better, feel better, and enjoy the quality of life you deserve. Called two oh one two six ' one two one five zero or email info at Kaplan, Brain and Body dot com if you're interested in a free ten minute consultation with doctor Kaplan, or visit kaplandc dot com for more information.
Speaker 1: The proceeding was a paid podcast. iHeartRadio's hosting of this podcast constitutes neither an endorsement of the products offered or the ideas expressed