Speaker 1: Five o five.
Speaker 2: The fifty five k RC de Talk Station Friday Eves vacation.
Speaker 3: I'm talking about drawing a line in the.
Speaker 1: Sand, dude. Okay, Happy Friday Eve, folks. Brian Thomas right here, glad to be hope you're having a wonderful morning. If not, make it a good day. You got plenty of time between now and the end of the day, and I hope that turns out for you. Coming up in the fifty five KRC Morning Show, looking forward to having George Brennman and Keith Tennenfeld back in the studio to talk about restore wellness. Pardon me that came out of nowhere, apologize a cough button covered by a bunch of articles that maybe I'll have a chance to get to this morning anyhow. Today, make America healthy again, a direct indictment of current practices in big agriculture, big pharma, and the healthcare complex. RFK Junior is supposed to release a report today that's got some agg state Republicans and others a little worried and concerned. So we'll see what that report has to say when it's well let out. I know RFK Junior has been trying to get food dies and other well, dangerous things out of our food, which seems like a legitimate thing to want to do. Some concerned that we're going to end up with a European Union style food regulation, so there's got to be some balance struck in there. I'm just a guy that wants information. You know, if you tell me the food dies are bad and they represent some threat to the human body, provide that information and require the food companies to explain why they continue to put them in there if they do represent some threat to us. I mean, you don't have to necessarily ban them, as long as you provide the information to us, who can make informed decisions about what's going into our body. Anyway, trying to balance my republic or my libertarian belief systems with well, the idea that there is value in looking into the stuff that goes into our body and trying to find some well connection between that and the well maybe obesity crisis we're facing in this country. The health crisis we're facing in this country. I mean, we are generally less healthy than we used to be, at least it's widely reported. Look around. You can easily figure that one out just by paying attention to the folks walking by down the street. Jason Riley with the book The Affirmative Action Myth. After George and Keith leave the studio, we'll talk to Jason Riley at eight oh five why blacks don't need racial preferences to succeed the subtitle on the Affirmative Action Myth, So Jason Riley at eight oh five, followed by of course it's Thursday. I heard media aviation expert Jay Ratliffe every Thursday at a thirty standing airline seats. Maybe a thing of the future with European budget airlines like Straphangers. I don't know that I liked that idea anyway. Austin Airport sees ground delays due to the shortage of air traffic controllers, and the Newark mess continues. Yes it does, and apparently well I'll get to that this a second hub delays will also talk about that. And just the other day, CEOs of ten airlines run an open level to members of Congress. This was yesterday, asking them to take bold action to rebuild the aging air traffic control system that is, in their words, failing Americans. Letter yesterday sent by Airlines for America that's a trade association for the leading airlines, citing a twenty twenty three report from the FAA that said that understaffing of the air Traffic organization was eroding the system's margin of safety. That along with the aging system calling it unacceptable. US airlines are pilot's, flight attendants, technicians, the ground employees will never compromise on safety. Congress must do the same. This is a problem, as Jay's been pointing out, that's the problem going on for decades. Court to the reporting outdated technology and equipment from the nineteen eighties being used. Ninety two percent of the FAA's Facilities and Equipment budget going to maintain these outdated systems ninety two percent. No figures provided to what that budget equals to in terms of total number of dollars. CEO's pointed out in their letter air traffic controllers should not be operating with are you ready you're gonna get on an airplane today? Quote corroded copper wiring, floppy disks, and physical strips of paper with flight numbers. From January twenty twenty three, the FAA's notice to Air Missions System to in fat to recent ou is causing disruptions in Newark, Americans are feeling the impact beyond delayed and canceled flights. Yeah, I got a problem with flying anyway, but recognizing the continued failures over and over and over again, specifically at new work. And then the idea that they're using floppy discs. Joe, did you ever use floppy discs in your life? Twenty five years ago? Now you're a younger man than me. I remember five and a quarter floppy drives. I remember computers that didn't even have a hard drive in them. You had to swap out two floppy discs and go back and forth and rely on your random access memory. It just I also remember DOS MS DOS. But what a major improvement in computers when you got the three and a half inch floppy drives which held a whopping seven hundred megabytes of data unless you went to one point two, which was a real big upgrade. Really expensive too, those boxes of floppy anyway, So when you get on an airplane, remember it's nineteen eighties technology with floppy drives. And now I learned corroded copper wiring. So they're using basically my dad's methodology. If he couldn't fix it with black electrical tape or WD forty, then he would hire someone out. It's time to hire someone out. And I know Congress is on this and they're going to press to get something done under the Trump administration. But you know, this is a problem decades in the making. Government failure. Well, every direction you look, when you rely on the federal government to take care of you or solve a problem, you're met with epic, colossal failure government generally, not just the federal government. And maybe we can get into some of the further details on this, but Medicaid, which is currently being discussed, and I know they've made some last minute changes to the big beautiful bill, it still remains a question whether it's going to pass today. Medicaid really a big topic in there. Democrats scream and yelling, oh my god, people are gonna die. You're clear, Well, all they're doing is making people that are able to work just work. And it's not even that much. Childless adults without disability between the ages of nineteen and sixty four who shouldn't be on Medicaid have to provide documentation that they worked eighty hours per month to qualify, and that eighty hours can be parlayed into a career opportunity is I keep pointing out, you know, there's so many opportunities in the trades. You don't need to be hooked up to the Biblical court of government. I think a lot of people out there make a conscious decision to be like, you know what, I'm not going to participate. I'm gonna make you pay for my life. I'm going to make you pay for my medical care. I'm gonna make you pay for my food. I will not participate. Period. Well, it's time to step up to the plate. Our country is sinking under the weight of debt, and one of the reasons we have debt is because of the massive number of people on Medicaid. Anyway, speaking to that, we have one state representative here in Ohio, and this has been a topic we've talked about in the Morning Show quite a bit. State Representative Mike de Villa, He's from Barea, launch an investigation to Ohio's Medicaid system. This investigation started in April, uncovering, in his words, a troubling abdication of oversight that may fail to directly account for over Are you ready six billion dollars annually in taxpayer funds. Ohio Press Network obtained the documents behind this investigation by Representative develop investigation involving ODM a how Department of Medicaid is it and its third party vendors found ineligible recipients who may have been receiving payments despite not being despite actually being disqualified by Ohio and Federal Income and Asset Regulations Court. To the Representative, ODM is not demonstrated in its response to his requests and questions how it uses the third party vendor data or USOSI Security Administration information to audit and medicaid rolls, an oversight gap that the Representative Devilla says makes it impossible to know whether billions of taxpayer dollars are funding ineligible beneficiaries. Ohioan's enrolled in Medicaid ballooned to over three and a half million and twenty twenty three, costing an estimated thirty one point eighty five billion dollars. Thirty one percent comes directly from how taxpayers. That's a sizable chunk of change, isn't it for anybody who complains about budget and oh my god, we don't have enough money, if you just would engage in some oversight, exercise, some measure of control and oversight about eligibility and medicaid. Boom. He calculates we can save six billion dollars six billion with a b unbelievable. So the money's there, it's just being wasted again. Government. The government doesn't do much oversight. And the easy solution to add to the question, well why is that is because they don't care. They're not responsible stewards of our labor, our labor in the form of tax dollars taken from our paychecks. Because well, some of us out here in the work are in the working world and are paying taxes. Some eligible people between the ages of sixteen and sixty five with no children choose not to participate in the labor market. Maybe they've got a good argument. Why would I participate and have my labor turned into tax dollars to go to a state or federal government that refuses to be responsible with my labor. Hmm, interesting argument. I'd rather just hook myself up in the biblical court of government and take advantage of and abuse the system fiddling much out there, representatives, officials, elected officials fiddling while the whole system collapse. And I see the changes. The last minute changes made to the Big Beautiful Bill are still going to resultant looks like two point seven trillion dollars in additional spending over the next decade. That's beyond the additional spending we are currently engaged in. Now, Welcome to a giant, massive hole being made even bigger. Five one three, seven, four nine fifty five hundred eight hundred eight two three talk. It's five sixteen right now, be right back after these brief words.
Speaker 4: This is fifty five krc an iHeartRadio Station five nineteen on a Thursday.
Speaker 1: Five three, seven, four nine fifty five hundred eight hundred eight two three talk to a tom Fi fifty. If you have an AT and T phone, always remember and never forget. If if I have Kesey dot com for your podcast, check out judgment and a Paulitano defending Congressman Massey, who I defend, also probably a no on the Big Beautiful Bill. Warren Davidson, quoted by the Wall Street Journal, also appears to be a no. He said no yesterday and then uh Wednesday evening he reportedly said, this Congress we controlled, it actually grows the deficit. All this is the same play with a bunch more smoke and mirrors. He's still apparently opposing the legislation as well. Some of He's got to speak truth to power. And at least you got two folks right there who do we spend too much? Le's go to the phone too. What Jay's got this morning? Jay, Welcome to the show. I kind of expected to hear from you.
Speaker 3: Oh man, Good morning, Brian.
Speaker 1: When I saw the article this morning, You're the first person that came to my mind. Headline Ohio lawmaker's probe finds troubling abdication of oversight in Medicaid, potentially wasting over six billion dollars bing, Jay popped into my mind.
Speaker 5: Yeah, well, well, and you know, don't give me the credit, Brian. I learned about it years ago on your program from Americans for Prosperity, and I just kind of picked up the ball and ran with it. But you know, this is so many layers of government that failed on this. You had Keith Faber, Ohio State Auditor, on the program, and I called that office. I can't tell you how many times talking about this needs audited.
Speaker 6: You had him on and he failed.
Speaker 5: He gets an f He got on and talked about well, it's complicated, expensive, there's eighty eight counties, there's computers involved, computers are topic smells like work, and I'd rather not, so he didn't. And then I called the Ohio Attorney General's Office on their fraud, waste and abuse hotline here recently he talked to the first two people I talked to told me that if I wanted to pursue this, I needed to get legal counsel and pay for it out of my own pocket. I said, I am, it's the Ohio Attorney General's Office. We pay for everything. No, we represent the departments for the state of Ohio. Finally got the third guy. I said, I want to speak to your boss. Your boss, speak to your boss. Finally got somebody who said, I said, who represents the taxpayers for fraud, waste and abuses?
Speaker 1: That is it you?
Speaker 5: Well, yes, okay, then why don't you look into this? Because I got an email back that said, you guys talked about it at staff and decided not to pursue this. So the Ohio Attorney General needs to be investigated, the state auditor needs to be investigated. And I think your interview with that gentleman last week was on your podcast that laid it out had the clearest reason as to why it's follow the money. Mike de Wine was against Medicaid expansion until he got elected as governor and found out that the set is paying for two thirds of this and that the states who took the Medicaid expansion were getting fat bank and letting because who cares if it's fraud as long as it's being paid by the federal government. Yeah, people, look at your pace stub where it says, Fika, you're the federal government.
Speaker 6: That's you.
Speaker 1: It's such a profet it's such a simplistic point, but it just that's like, knock it out of the park point. Jay. You know, all, well, hell, the federal government's paying for what do you mean that's us. We're the ones generating the income the federal government takes from us. That's my point of right labor.
Speaker 5: The six billion dollars is a lappably small numb umber two based on it, it's a forty billion dollar annual spend. And the report that came from the said the last one we saw said Ohio ranked dead last at like forty five percent improper payment rate. So we's just call it fifty percent for easy map, fifty percent of forty billion is twenty billion, not six billion, So I think their number is way low based on the what the Medicare Medicaid Department out of the federal government reported as Ohio.
Speaker 6: Being dead lost.
Speaker 5: This starts to explain how is it that Ohio's budget's one hundred and twenty billion dollars a year with a nine hundred million dollar GDP, and our friends in Ohio Pennsylvania. Pennsylvania's entire state budget is forty five billion dollars, which equals our Medicaid send and they have a one trillion dollar They have a larger GDP by one hundred million dollars, with A with A with A with a.
Speaker 7: State budget that's a third of ours.
Speaker 5: And we wonder what we don't have, Why we've got people moving out, and why we can't get businesses moving in because it's too damned expensive to live here. We're in the top ten states of being taxed because we've got to pay this one hundred and twenty billion dollar state government. And the wine sitting there smiling and pressure release holding up that so happy that you've got one hundred and twenty billion dollar state budget So this is all about getting that money coming into a state, and the state is just acting like a whore as the federal government is the pimp. And this red, supposed red state of Ohio is no better in that regard than California, New York, or Illinois or the rest of them.
Speaker 1: Well, I just have to observe that. To be a new sheriff in town come next November, the said thing is we've got to wait a year and a half or to happen.
Speaker 5: Well, we have him, but you know, we still have the Ohio Republican Party, and they're the ones that throw all their weight power influencing money behind people like Mike the Wine and all the rhinos that are up there in Columbus, and I you know, they supposedly now you know, jumped in and said, okay, we're going to get behind the big Well, okay, how about the rest of them or is it going to be like you know, uh, you're going to be standing alone.
Speaker 6: We'll see.
Speaker 5: But this whole Ohio Republican Party, the whole leadership, needs to be flushed. These are the people that own Keith Faber and the Attorney general who.
Speaker 3: And all the rest of it they've made this mess, so they need to.
Speaker 5: Come out of the stop hiding in the tall grass and own it as well.
Speaker 3: Watch them all.
Speaker 1: We need to be more responsible in selecting folks in the primary to move on and change the guard in Columbus, because clearly Columbus has failed. I think all of us collectively, I need you be out there. I'm glad you're awake to hear me read about that.
Speaker 6: I keep it up, good good work.
Speaker 4: Kudos to you.
Speaker 5: You get all the credit on this continuing to bring it up, and I appreciate what you do because here it anywhere else, nowhere else you hear it other than than fifty five PR Brian Thomas shall Well.
Speaker 1: I'm a vehicle to get smarter and better people's information on and out to the listeners. So I can't take credit myself. I did not do this investigation. Props to state Representative Mike Davilla and others like you who stay on top of this. Just just awful, awful situation we got percolating out there. Thanks Jay, appreciate you tuning into the program. It's five twenty six right now. Local stories coming up. Alternatively, you can call five three seven four nine fifty five hundred, eight hundred and eight two three talk or Pound five fifty on a T and T phones will be right.
Speaker 3: Back fifty five the talk station. What's the best PlayStation?
Speaker 1: Five twenty nine on a Thursday, slash Friday Eve five one three seven fifty five hundred, eight hundred eight two three talk where it gets the local stories if I do. Let's see what Tom's got this morning. Tom, welcome back to the morning show. Good to hear from you.
Speaker 6: Hey, good morning, good sleeping weather man. I I'd love to just still be in bed, curl thereas it right now. But after years, you just can't stay in bed till after a certain time. You know, I'm sure you understand it. Back what I'm talking about?
Speaker 1: Oh man, I just when the alarm goes off, I just want to roll over and just stay in bed. That's why I love my weekends, because you know, it's easy for me to deviate from my regular league six two thirty alarm and wake up time to I'll sleep until eight, you know, I'll roll over, look at the alarm plucks, Oh my god, it's almost eight thirty. I got to get out of bed. Yeah, Blacker, I know, I just roll over and get in the fetal position.
Speaker 6: Nom nom nam nam nam.
Speaker 1: You get the cover over me.
Speaker 6: Yeah, you sound like all these adults with don't children between the ages of nineteen and whatever, or slackers, and it's just yeah, but you're not. You get up, You get up every morning at least five days a week, and you get to it. Yeah, and then unfortunately, there's too many people out there who, like you said, have seen the opportunity to stick your hand out and have somebody put a check in. However, they're getting their money now direct deposit or whatever. Heck, that's even easy. You don't even have to get out of bed, you know, just just kind of pull your phone up and andy, pull up your bank. You can't let oh look I got money today. So yeah, it's it's we've made it way too easy for people to be slackers, is the problem. There's not enough accountability and you know, one of the you know, one of the things, and it's not just Trump, but he kind of embodies the whole idea of setting things right and not worry about people's ceilings in the process. I mean, look what he did to to that South African president. Call the man out right in the White House, you know, I mean that that kind and I don't know the whole story behind that particular thing, so I don't know how appropriate it is. And obviously Trump's been then to cross the line a little bit in that department and go too far. But the idea is, we got to fix things. And you can't worry about people's ceilings when you have to fix things, because the the danger of banker see is much more of a problem to everybody than your speaking feelings. You know that. And that's what politicians have to get over, because all most politicians see is is and these person is their vote. That person has to vote for me. Well, I can't upset them. If I upset them and take money away from them, they're not gonna vote for me. Well, oh well, you stood up there and you said I'm gonna do this, I'm gonna do that, i'm gonna do this, i'm gonna set this right, we're gonna fix this. And then you get in there and you worry about everybody's feelings. That's it's too late for that. You can't worry about people's feelings. You got to do your job. And that's the problem. Too many of these people get in there, they see this pig pot of gold. At hell, here's how I keep getting elected. I just keep giving this money away to people. And that's that's just ridiculous. And it's and it's like standing at the edge of the ocean with a bucket in your hand trying to bail water. It is. It is very daunting dealing with these government agencies that are so fat as as Jay was just talking out, who knows the Jay for doing all this and making the phone calls? And we just got to get more people doing it, you know, just you know, and especially when it comes up to election time, we got to get people in there. And then we got to get rid of Rhinos and and and some just straight up Republicans. It's not good enough. We've got to fix this. It has to be fixed all and let's not make your worse people. So please don't vote Democrat. Have a great day, Brian, Thanks, Tom appreciated. Yeah, well, you know that's how Marxism ends up creeping in. You know, we all have this this I think sympathy and concern for our fellow man quite often as part of the Judeo Christian ethic. And you need to help your fellow man. And and you know there are leftists that will prey on that, and you are being mean, you are you are Oh my god, there are people out in the world that are starving and dying and sick, and yes there are. And you know, looking at Medicaid, that's exactly the kind of program that is supposed to help that very category of people. So why are there people of working age who are healthy and able bodied hooked up to a program designed to help those on life's margins, truly on life's margins. The program has been extended so big, so much, and the minute you say you're going to cut it, people are, oh my god, they're gonna be Oh, everybody's gonna die. Well, you know, I think they're overstating the case a little bit. You know, this is a mechanism, this reform to the extended passes. It's a mechanism to get people re engaged and participating in the system and you know, sort of maybe living on their own for a change.
Speaker 1: It's a good idea. Anyhow, I heart mediaviation Expert JA rally at eight thirty, and that pitots over to a local story since our Northern Kentucky Airport CBG departures were shut down early yesterday. CBG's Mindy Kershner said airport police responded to an unattended suspicious package. Fortunately, no hazards were identify during the investigation and all CBG operations went back to normal. So suspicious package, nothing to see there, thankfully. It's five thirty five right now. If you've have KERCD station stack is stupid coming up. Alternatively, I love to hear from you if you've got something else you want to talk about. It's my preference, but we'll move forward regardless of the next segment. After I mentioned my dear friends at Zimmer Heating and air Conditioning, you know they've been around for almost eighty years. Chris Zimmer at the Helm now family owned and operated, and a reminder you can save up to fifteen hundred and fifty dollars on a new Carrier comfort system from the experts at Zimmer Heating and Cooling. They are experts and helping Cincinnati homes be safe, efficient and comfortable again for almost eighty full years. And they do represent the company that invented air conditioning, that of course is Carrier, which pivots me back over to the reminder fifteen hundred and fifty dollars savings. So, I know it sucks if your system goes out, but you know it does happen. That's the joy of being a homeowner. You've got to take care of these kind of things. But you know, great opportunity to save a significant amount of cash replacing the old unit. So give Kristimmer a call five one three five two one ninety eight ninety three five one three five two one ninety eight ninety three. You can easily schedule appointment and learn about all the service is offered by Zimmer at the website which is go Zimmer dot.
Speaker 3: Com, fifty five KRC dot com.
Speaker 1: By forty here a fifty five KRC DE talk station talking Wellness in the seven o'clock hour with George Brene mccketh Tennefeld. Restore Wellness dot org is their website. Lots of valuable information there to how to take better care of your health and what you eat and that kind of thing. It's easy to do. Just put your mind to it and stick to the program and you two can be healthy. Jason Riley with the book of the Affirmative Action Myth and Jay Ratliff at eight thirty. That's what's coming up. You can call five won three seven four nine fifty five eight hundred eight two three talk pound five fifty on AT and T phone trigger warning ahead of this stack of stupid article and in advanced notice, we will be giving out the award in response to this guy, this guy at Christopher Davis, who's sixty three, your Pennsylvania doctor, has been accused of sexually assaulting vulnerable women, has spent years praying on attic under his care, as well as others described as sickening acts, including a bedside puppet show with a woman's corpse. After pronouncing her dead, he moved her jaw up and down and told nurses in the room, Hi, how are you Christoper. Christopher Davis recently arrested for allegedly using his position as an addiction treatment specialist to lure and course women into sexual encounters. This according to the Pennsylvania Office the Attorney Genner. One female patient tell of the Grand Jury last month that Davis kissed her and shoved his tongue down her throat during a twenty twenty three visit before whispering a chilling message into her ear. Quote the broken ones are the easiest close quote what oh, it goes downhill from there. Pennyvan Attorney General's Office charge of the disgraced physician with ninety two criminal counts for allegedly what they describe as tormenting patients between twenty twenty one and twenty twenty four. Charges include rape by threat of force, involuntary deviate sexual intercourse, aggravated in decent assault, in decent assault, sexual extortion, illegal use of a communication device, illegal administration of a controlled substance, and furnishing false or fraudulent information. Now going back to two thousand and two, there was a license suspension for this pervert. Says he underwent substance abuse treatment in the early two thousands. Pleaded guilty to stealing the painkiller Newbane. The corpse puppet incident happened while he was a medical director at Manor Care Back in December of two thousand. Court to the Pennsylvania Departments of State. It reported Davis check the patient's heart and lungs and pronounced their deceased. This is a quote. Davis informed the nurses that he had been a ventriloquist. Davis then proceeded to place the deceased patient's body in a set of position, put his hand on her bottom jaw, and while manipulation of manipulating the patient's jaw up and down to create the affectation that the deceased patient was talking, Davis said, Hi there, how are you or words to that effect? Close quote what the hell? As far as the recent allegations go, authlready said, several women reported having sex with this guy that he would withhold or threaten to withhold treatment benefits from the patients who refused his sexual advances. While conversely, remember these are addicted patients. Prescribing contra indicated addictive medications to patients who acquiesced to his sexual demands, charges them. From an investigation launching last year, while he was working as a medical director for Pyramid Healthcare in Springs and Springs Spring Getsbury Township, I think I got that right anyway, Davis allegedly encouraged women to drink alcohol abuse medications while he treated them. One victim says he even gave her money to purchase and use fetanyl other claims. Other claims he prescribed benzodiazepines to her after she became a patient at his private practice in October of twenty three, while she was at the same time receiving methadone treatments at that pyramid healthcare system. According to Attorney General Dave Sunday in a statement announcing Davis Aresquo, this doctor abused his role as a gatekeeper to necessary medications for vulnerable patients by manipulating, intimidating, and assaulting numerous patients between twenty twenty two and twenty twenty four. The patients relied on the defender to provide compassionate care and treatment as they navigated a path to recovery. Instead, he betrayed them time and time again. People seeking to better their lives through treatment should be celebrated and supported, not preyed upon and exploited. It's being held in a York County prison on a one million dollar bail, according to the online court records. Let some have it, Joe Strecker.
Speaker 8: Perios, the biggest douche of the universe, in all the galaxies. There's no bigg a douche than you. What's the top the pinnacle of dous do good going dous Your dreams have come.
Speaker 1: True and one to grow one uh okay, your home deserves the best care. And you know who's there to provide a chimney care fireplace in Stove and around since nineteen eighty eight, a plus with a better business there with good reason showroom located at four thirteen Ward's Corner Road. If you're interested in buying like a free standing stove or a fireplace, insert but right now, take advantage of one of two things. First, a free exterior evaluation. Whether you have a gas or wood burner, you may have water damage. You may have a problem up there. Water could be leaking into your roofline creating real problems down the road. Maybe you're even aware of a situation. Let the chimney Care Fireplaces still perform that free exterior evaluation, again no cost to you, and of course, if anything work needs to be done, they are truly the experts to get it done. Also, the spring special still going on. If you have a wood burning fireplace, you gotta worry about kreosoap build up that would cause a chimney of aligning fire and you to crack your lining and could burn your house down. You don't want that to happen. We'll do a full video camera inspection and a full sweep by certified chimney Sweep, but also do that xterior evaluation at Spring Special. It's only one sixty nine to ninety nine, so take advantage of the discount while it's going on. Give them a call or go to the website to schedule appointment five one three two four eight ninety six hundred two four eight ninety six hundred online It's Chimneycareco.
Speaker 3: Dot Com fifty five KRC the talk station.
Speaker 1: Did you know even this time of the Channel nine first twenty one forecasts partly partly are mostly clidy today. Apologies. Spoty afternoon showers are a possibility fifty nine for the high, overnight little forty five with clouds decreasing. Segue to a sunny Friday. For the most part, Clouds may build up in the afternoon sixty four for the high, a few clouds overnight Friday night, forty seven for the low. Saturday looking fantastic, says Channel nine. It's going to be partly clide with a high sixty eight fifty five degrees. Right now, it's time for a track update from the UCUP Traffic Center.
Speaker 9: From pregnancy and metopause to healthy aging, the Women's Health experts at U see Health offer personalized care with the newest treatment's learn more.
Speaker 1: Right you see health dot com.
Speaker 9: Highway traffic problems early this morning westbound two seventy five. That's an accident before reed Harbin right two lanes are blocked off.
Speaker 1: Traffic still getting by.
Speaker 9: On the left in side, so back at not the seventy one as of yet. Elsewhere highway traffic's good. Chucking ramon fifty five krs the talk station.
Speaker 1: Five fifty fifty five kr CD talk station, I'm very happy Thursday to you five one three seven fifty eight two three talk un pay fifty on AT and T funds. Care to call all the wise back to the stack is stupid? It was kind of funny. We talked with I talk with Congressman Warren Davidson yesterday and one of the topics his bill, the National Institute for Health to look into whether Trump arrangement syndrome is an actual thing and and he come up with some treatment for it. With that, we segue over to a seventy two year old man wearing a Maga hat struck in the head by a woman who police say admitted to in the report staying approaching the victim and questioning why he would support Trump. Dearwater, Florida arrested Laura Garrett tradition thirty three for a battery and a person sixty five or older, which is a felony. According to investigator's verbal argument broke out between Garrett and Gary Gamma regarding the victim wearing a Maga hat. During the argument, Garrett allegedly struck Gamma on the back of the head slash shoulder area with a can she was holding. After that battery, cops charge charge. Garrett jumped over the fence and began walking away from Gamma, who lives about a mile away from the park. When the police located Garrett, she reported the acknowledged approaching Gamma and questioning about his support for Donald Trump quote. She also admitted to pouring the contents of her can on the victim, denied hitting him with it. Confrontation between the two observed by an independent witness who provided the police with a sporting statement. Garrett struggle with officers, threw herself to the ground and kicked her feet one point, allegedly wrapped her legs around one cop and forced him to the ground. Garrett eventually subdued with restraints and escorted by four officers. In addition to battery, charged with battery on a law enforcement officer, which is a felony, as well resisting police misdemeanor, and has been diagnosed with trumpter Agement's indrot idiots doing idiot things because they're idiots. Seventy year old woman in Arizona allegedly opened fire on her adult son during a fight over a video game the noise you doing that, shooting him in the stomach and sending him to the hospital after he got too loud while playing the video game. Hazel Benson arrested Saturday after allegedly shooting her thirty eight year old son during this domestic confrontation at her home corner court documents. Mason Police Department said it responded to the sh shoting about ten minutes till nine pm Saturday, found Benson's son with non life threatening injuries. Victim was shot once in the stomach. Benson facing aggravated assault charges, disorderly conduct, and discharge of a firearm within the city limits. She told investigators that she fired the gun and then threw it into a canal. She said the two had been fighting with her son going for a walk to calm down, before returning to find Benson blocking the door. She allegedly shot her son as he lunged toward her with his hands in fists. Told police she was not sure whether she fired once or multiple times. Thority say officers were called the home prior to her son's shooting for another service call earlier that night, in which Benson described being frustrated over the noise level, facing aggravated assault, charge, disorderly conduct, discharge of a firearm within city limits. As I mentioned the sun. Now expecting to make a full recovery after being hospitalized, just away, keep that thought mind. Joe Strecker, twenty four year old man in New Mexico, being accused of intentionally breaking a glass beer bottle over an eight year old girl's head and slicing her neck at a restaurant for being quote in his way close quote victim hospitalized, required more than a dozen stitches. We'll let this guy share in the award. Nicholas san sooci and died by grand jury on charges of abuse of a child resulting in great bodily harm, aggravated about her with a deadly weapon, and aggravated assault with a deadly weapon. Accord to the news release from the Borough Berna Leiolo County District Attorney's Office, the sincident took place April twenty fifth at Saggio's restaurant. Victim was looking at a waterfall inside the restaurant when this guy hit the child over the head with a beer bottle and sliced her neck with the broken bottle. Of corner of the prosecutors, the child was seriously injuried and authorities that she needed at nineteen stitches. He did not know the victim. Victim's father, Brenton Rose, provided additional details, said that when he found his daughter in the restaurant, she was soaking wet. She explained that someone had come up from behind and broke a beer bottle over her head, court to court documents obtained by local news, After breaking the bottle in the child's head, Sansochi then stabbed and sliced the victim with what remained the bottle. Allegedly told authorities he attacked the eight year ago again because she got in my way. That's his quote. After allegedly attacking his daughter Rose, the parent told the station that Sansochi pulled out a weapon. Quote Later after our original altercation, he did stand back up. He pulled out a knife, which at first I maybe thought he was going to use it against me, But I quickly I could tell that his intention diverted and he was looking back over towards my daughter. So I wanted to make sure that I could get in between him and her. District attorney called the incident quote so so disturbing, adding that Sansochi could face decades in prison. Was indicted for first degree child abuse, aggravated about it with a deadly weapon, aggravated assault with a deadly weapon. If he's convicted of that child abuse, that is mandatory eighteen years, facing twenty two and a half years. What a jerk. Lucky he's still alive, Joe, if that was your daughter, I now exactly feel in the same way. Five fifty six plenty to talk about in the six o'clock hours. I'd enjoy hearing from you. If you want to give me a call, I'll be right back after the news.
Speaker 3: At the top of the hour.
Speaker 10: Every day we discover something new and important.
Speaker 1: The day's top stories on fifty five KRC, the talk station grab your shit's your fair? CEB Talk Station Friday. What Off Now? George Brunnman kep ten found our health expers Restore Wellness dot Org your website. Great resources of material there, and of course they have podcasts as well as other information. We'll talk to them where we are in terms of the state of American health. Jason Riley with a book, Affirmative Action Myth. He'll be on at eighth five. Jason will Affirmative Action myth My Blacks don't need racial preferences to succeed. It's the full title of the book. Jay Rattle. If I heard me Aviation Expert every Thursday at eight thirty, I thoroughly enjoyed my conversations with Jay. Got plenty to talk about with Jay. Anyhow, before we get going with other things, start out the program or this hour with west Sie. Jim. Welcome to the Morning show, Jim. It's always a pleasure to hearing from you.
Speaker 6: Good morning, Brian.
Speaker 7: They had a swat situation yesterday out by O'khill's High school.
Speaker 1: How about that? No kidding, I did not hear that.
Speaker 6: It even hits the suburbs. I guess.
Speaker 1: I guess no places.
Speaker 6: Every place is vulnerable.
Speaker 7: Let's just put it that way.
Speaker 1: Was it a legitimate, like standoff kind of thing or was it a like one of those fake phone called swatting incidents.
Speaker 6: No, it was a real one.
Speaker 7: I caught the tail end of it on Channel nine. I didn't hear the whole story, so I'm not going to put out their faulse.
Speaker 1: In from Judah said it's in my local staff. Apparently the guy killed himself. That was the quick summary from Joe Stratford.
Speaker 7: That's a quick story. I got a good story about one of your sponsors, and then I got a question about the Connie pill each fangles thing. But one of your sponsors, but Herbert one of my friends and listens to your show periodically. She bought one of those nice big tractors to do her yards, and as soon as she got it and started it up and started having some issues, some really bad issues where it was sputtering, spitting, having smoke issues, and then her gas mileage just went down the hill really really bad. So she called in and told him and it.
Speaker 6: Was a brand new one.
Speaker 7: Well here, I didn't know this that John Deere doesn't do their own motors. They buy Brize and Stratton or Kawasaki's and she hit a Kawasaki one. The guy recommended that. So who do they send out out to fix the situation it was a stuck choke, was Jim Herbert. So I just want to let you know that, you know, the big guy goes out to fix it, and as soon as he fixed the choke, it was running perfectly.
Speaker 1: Oh okay, so the situation was resolved.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I mean, but I thought that was a pretty good thing to put on the air, about the fact that they send out the big guns to fix the situation and it all came out fine.
Speaker 1: I'm glad to hear that. I'm glad. Yeah, I know they're great with customer service. About Erbert, yes, sir.
Speaker 6: But now the situation with Pillage.
Speaker 7: You know, she gets elected, which we all know democratic city and county and all that kind of crap with campaign no, and now she's thrown in there. The Bengals sent out a letter yesterday. I don't know if you've got it in front of her not about the fact of her situation of throwing it in there, and.
Speaker 6: She's basical Clyton.
Speaker 7: I'm not going to use the word in competent, but that she's a nubie on something like this and that has never handled these deals. And her answer of the whole situation was that she's not going to have barbs with the Bengals. You know, the three Lady commissioners couldn't handle the situation for years. And then Pillage gets elected and they throw her out there to mop up about this situation. And then they hire a guy for a million dollars he doesn't do it, then they switch lawyers. I mean, this thing, this whole situation just thinks about as bad as betting House when his first to go around with the Bengals on this thing.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And honestly, I don't know how she got involved with it, to be quite candid with you, as as Hamilton County prosecutor. What does she have to do with the negotiations between the county and the Bengals.
Speaker 3: No.
Speaker 7: I'm watching Channel nine right now and they're covering it right now about the tensions over paid course stadium lease, and I think they just kind of threw it out there and maybe she's looking to be important.
Speaker 1: I have no idea what I mean.
Speaker 7: Joe Dieters wasn't involved way back when in that situation. And of course I don't think he was prosecuted back then, but still he wouldn't have been involved in this. And I don't know why she is. I guess he's trying to show that she is prosecutor and she's.
Speaker 6: A viable operation.
Speaker 1: What does this have anything to do with criminal justice? No, okay, thank you. This is what the county commissioners are supposed to be charged with handling. They're the ones in the negotiation table, or they're the ones responsible for hiring the negotiator. I don't know how she's in it. It's never been explained to me. I know she's she helped terminate the agreement with the longtime lawyer Tom Gableman and then hired Dinsmore and should handle the negotiations on behalf of the county. And I know the Bengals are upset about that, they said in their letter to her. Despite your lack of involvement or any direct knowledge of ongoing least discussions, you took liberties last week by making public comments regarding the team and questioning the team's good faith efforts to negotiate a comprehensive agreement with the county. So obviously a little miffed the Bengals are.
Speaker 7: I think it's a lot a lot of politics are playing in this really because gable way of being republic And yeah, well I just I know you knew that, but I just thought I towed out there for the listeners. She's just playing politics on this thing and trying to push her weight around.
Speaker 1: I guess I wish someone would ask the outlaw question that you and I are asking, which is, how in the hell is it she gotten all over the first instance? Yeah, yeah, exactly.
Speaker 7: I appreciate, But I thought the bar Herbert thing was a nice little story, so that that turned out well, well standing by what they sell, right, Yes, sir, that's why you have them.
Speaker 1: That's why, and that's why you recommended them to me. You're the reason I know about them and the reason I now have the opportunity to speak on their behalf. So the good people, they are very good people, very good people, reliable folks. I appreciate pointing that out, Thank you, brother six or six to twelve fifty by Karsity Talk station five one three seven nine fifty two three talk. So they got new language and the big beautiful bill trying to get everybody get the cats herded together. I'm not quite sure it's going to happen. They accelerated the Medicaid work requirement from to December twenty sixth. They had previously been twenty twenty nine. Ending certain tax credits for wind and energy and solar plants. The Green New Deal Bill ending those by twenty twenty eight instead of the slower phase out to twenty thirty one. Locked in the forty thousand dollars salt tax thing that they've been bickering about, up from thirty thousand dollars. So I guess the piece some of the New York, New Jersey, and California Republicans, Chucky Schumer already mad about that. It wasn't enough. I guess for Chuck Schumer. And that's one where you could argue Chuck Schumer is the one in favor of well benefiting the uber rich. Although there's a phase out, Lawmakers in Florida and Texas that have not expanded Medicaid under Obamacare will get a favorable change to a funding formula. Border states are going to get twelve billion dollars for the security cost they incurred during the Biden administration's open borders policy. Here's an interesting one. An indoor tanning excise tax that was previously eliminated is going to be maintained, as well as a nuclear energy tax break which will be expanded. So they're planning on pushing this thing forward with a vote new money for border security, national defense, support for farmers. That's right, those corn subsidies, Yes, you got to have those, don't you, because Lord knows we need more corn and corn syrup in our diets as well as our gas tanks. And as I mentioned, Congressman Davidson appears to not be on board. Yesterday he was against it here on the Morning Show. You said, no, I can't be in favor of it because it increases our budget deficits at least by two point seven trillion dollars over the decade. So we continue on the current spending trajectory and then add to it. He said, this Congress, we control, it actually grows the deficit, indicating he opposed the legislation last night. All this is the same play with a bunch more smoke and mirrors. That's his conclusion. And it was pointed out to those Democrats who are screaming about the cuts in medicaids not really cuts. It's a work requirement imposed by the bill. Childless adults without disabilities within the ages of nineteen and sixty four would have to provide documentation that they worked eighty hours a month to qualify for Medicaid. Brett Guthrie, Republican from Kentucky, chairman of the committee in Handling Medicaid, emphasized that many of the people who would lose health coverage are unauthorized immigrants or able bodied people who would be affected by the new work requirements. Unauthorized immigrants, How is it that the illegal immigrant population has hooked itself up to Medicaid? Is that a winning strategy for Democrats? And I know they've been screaming out loud about this. Oh my god, we're going to cut illegal immigrants off of the Medicaid program. Yeah right, How did they had none in the in the first place. It's a sinking ship. It's supposed to be for those on life's margins, citizens of the United States of America who cannot manage their affairs because they're disabled, their elderly, they have maybe struggles, medical struggles or something. The fact that we even have able bodied residents of the United States of America citizens of the United States of America on the program is already an affront to the basic predicate for the reason for the program's existence, to help those on life's margins. If you're able bodied, in working and working age, and you don't have any children, most notably, you don't have someone to care for, how is it you ended on a program that's helped us, that's supposed to help the disabled and disadvantaged. It's just fundamentally wrong. And the Republicans worried about getting re elected. I can the Democrat answer this question for me my listening audience. Can the Democrats get re elected or oust a Republican who's trying to cut illegal immigrants off Medicaid and require able body people to least make an effort to work. Can they win on that opposing strategy? We need to expand medicaid for illegal immigrants. Can you run on that and win? It's like my basic question, can you run on supporting men competing against women in sports? That's what they advocate. I know at some point over the last couple of decades, I woke up in a parallel universe, so I appreciate the weirdness and how far we have gone and moved to the insane. But have we really gone full on batcrap insane that Republicans are worried about losing to a party that advocates for those things. Steer me in the right direction. Tell me I'm right, or tell me I'm wrong. Explain to me why I'm wrong. Six seventeen. Steve, You're next, if you don't mind holding for a moment. I had to get all that out of my system. And I want to mention plumb type plumbing because everybody needs a great plumber from time to time. Everyone. I know that I've relied on plumb type plumbing many times over the years, and I like to joke about my raining chandelier came down to water pouring out of that, and I was like, oh my god. Yeah, Well it took some detective work and plump type plumbing. Well they do that plumbing detective work. He figured it out and had that fixed and just a fairly short order, which I thought was great. They know you deserve better. The customer services superior no service fees, free estimates A plus with the BBB. The tri States number one and all are for tankless water heaters, which you should go for if you run out of hot water heater, you know, exhausting that tank and you got to wait around for it to get reheated. HI tankless, that's just endless hot water. Also an energy saver and a huge space saver. You got cramp space because of that big hot water heater. These things are about the size of a suitcase. These tankless, so they also last longer than traditional. So rely on plump type plumbing. The number one installer for tankless any plumbing need you've got, They're gonna help you out and they'll do a great job of it, of course at the right price. Five one three seven two seven Tight t I t E five one three seven two seven eighty four eighty three online It's plumb tight dot.
Speaker 10: Com fifty five KRC. Mark your calendars for Saturday mixing.
Speaker 1: UH Channel nine first one to weather forecast. Today raymains cloudy, spotty. Afternoon showers are possible. We'll have a high a fifty nine down to forty five overnight with decreasing clouds a sunny Friday. Clouds may build up in the afternoon sixty four for the high tomorrow. Overnight down to forty seven with just a few clouds and Saturday partly cloudy highest sixty eight fifty five. Right now, time for traffic from.
Speaker 9: The UCL Tramphic Center from pregnancy and metopause to healthy aging the women's health experts and you see health of her person of ins care with the newest treatments learn mark at you see health dot com Forward s Vish women westbound two seventy five. The slow go from seventy one to red Hartmann thanks to an accident that blocks the right lines.
Speaker 1: Two lings are getting by on the left.
Speaker 9: Highway traffic esewhere doing okay, but don't forget Columbia Parkways blocked off between the sixth Street ramp and downtown.
Speaker 1: To get ready for taste of Cincinnati.
Speaker 9: So was fifth Street from Water to Columbia Parkway, Chuck Ingram on fifty five KR see the talk station.
Speaker 1: Six twenty one. I jumped to the phone here in a moment, but see perfect timing. Further to my point that I was ranting about toward the end of the last segment, somebody posted to mean if a liberal from nineteen sixty showed up in twenty twenty five, he'd begin considered a conservative. If a liberal from not twenty twenty five showed up in nineteen sixty, he'd be considered a dangerous lunatic. Yeah, a Susde's got to say, Steve, thanks for calling this morning. Welcome to the program.
Speaker 11: Yes, sir, three or four real quick comments in rapid fire succession. And I'm sixty three, so I might forget one or two of them, So it might be one or two comments.
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 11: First comment, as Christopher Smitherman would say, Brian Thomas, thank you very much for waking up at two thirty in the morning, five days a week putting on one heck of a good show. When I tell you what, Joe Strecker makes it a complete show. I mean, it's a different show when he's not there. No offense, no offense to the person filling in for him, who's doing.
Speaker 1: A good job.
Speaker 11: But he really does a good job.
Speaker 1: He does.
Speaker 11: He sure as heck does. Second comment, and this is probably the most depraved and sick stack of stupid I've ever heard. You got I think the guy was thirty eight and he lives at home playing video games and his mom shoots him. You got the guy attacking an eight year old.
Speaker 3: Girl and the doctor my abuse.
Speaker 11: What a sick human being moving the mouth up and down. I mean, that is just so perverse. It's just beyond belief. So I got that those two out of my system. H Warren Davidson will be a yes on the I'm much older than you, I'm sixty three. You haven't paid enough attention to politics. They'll tweak the bill a little bit. He'll be a yes vote.
Speaker 1: That well. Listen, I did not personally say Warren Davidson would be a no. I'm only repeating Warren Davidson's words.
Speaker 4: Oh I know.
Speaker 11: It was on heard. I heard him yesterday.
Speaker 1: And he was also quoted in the Wall Street Journal from a comment last night. Yeah that he was he was leaning no, was a no. So I got my popcorn out, brother.
Speaker 11: Oh yeah, yeah, no, no, Yeah, I mean, it's just the way politics works. And the last one, and you know, first of all, go let's go back to the bill for a second. Trump wants the tax cuts made permanent. That's the cake. He's different than most people. All the rest is icing to him. He really wants the tax cuts made permanent. And he doesn't look at things the way other politicians do, be it good or bad. Final comment, You got the president of South Africa in there, Trump calls them out. I mean, I'd be scared if I was a foreign leader to meet in the Oval Office and have, you know, with the press there. But pretty cool doing that and amazing if you look at different outlets, they are saying Trump makes false claims about genocide in South Africa as opposed to unproven claims. They make a false claim when they say it's a false claim because they don't know.
Speaker 1: Well, I think that's probably accurate, and I did see quite a few articles to that concluded that the information the video of the Trump Show was not accurate and was taken out of context. So I don't follow South Africa really very closely at all. So it's one of those things. I just really actually being honest here, kind of ignored. So can't cover everything here in the Morning show. I'm the editor of the content in which the direction we go, unless, of course, you call in and bring it up New Hampshire, Gary, I am sorry you're out of time in this segment. I will be happy to take your call after some brief words here, beginning with and you heard a West side. Jim talking about Bud Herbert standing behind the products they sell and coming out and service them. They do service everything they sell occasionally, but things happen, you know, and you're going to need a repair job to the Herbert family members is going to come out and take great care of you, and they'll take great care of you. When you give them a call, you will be working with a Herbert family member. This is five generations. They're proud of what they do. That's why the customer service is so high, and they're focused on that. Their name is on the building and they do carry the best brands out there, x Mark Steel, Haunt of Power Equipment, and John Deere and they will help you find the perfect piece of equipment for whatever you're looking for. I know they helped me out and they did a great job of that after my terrible experience at the box store. Bud Herbertmotors dot com is where you find them online. Bud Herbert dot com. Here's the number. Please tell them Brian said hi, and you give them a shout. Five one three five four one thirty two ninety one. That's five four to one thirty two ninety one.
Speaker 10: Fifty five KRC grab your shit.
Speaker 1: Janne nine. On the forecast time, I'm going to be a cloudy day to day. Spotty afternoon showers are a possibility fifty ninety to the high today, overnight a little forty five with clouds decreasing, leaving us a sunny Friday, although clouds may show up in the afternoon at some point. Sixty four tomorrows high overnight little forty seven with just a few clouds, and uh what do they describe as fantastic Saturday? Which is partly cloudy skies in high sixty eight fifty five Right now?
Speaker 9: Time for traffic from the Uce out Traffic Center. From pregnancy and metopause to healthy Agent. The women's health experts that you See Health offer person of ice care with the newest treatments.
Speaker 1: Learn more at you see health dot com.
Speaker 9: Forward Slash Women crews continue to work with the rec westpend two seventy five before Reed Hartman right Leans are BA blocked off. Traffic backs up to seventy one. Highway Traffic elsewhere is doing okay. Don't forget from going be a park. That way's bocked up between six Street and downtown. To get ready for Taste to Cincinnati Sehn Kingbramund fifty five KRC EAT talk station.
Speaker 1: Just sh I six thirty here for you five KRCIT talk station five three, seven, four nine fifty five hundred, eight hundred and eight two three talk or pound five fifty. If you have an AT and T phone, dial it up like Gary did New Hampshire. Gary, welcome back to the morning show.
Speaker 6: Hey Brian, how you doing? Hey? I just wondered with all the budget and reconciliation going on, I wonder if they caught my line that Gary from New Hampshire gets a two point five mil just for resettlement purposes, you know, Yeah, why not put it out or built me a stadium.
Speaker 1: Put your hand in the cookie gar. Yeah, everybody else is put in their hand in the cookie jar. You may as well do it yourself. Just make sure you establish a nonprofit organization, call yourself an nng O five on one three C and claim that you're going to go out into the world and do work in the community. You too can get yourself a slice of the pie.
Speaker 6: That's all crazy.
Speaker 1: It's all crazy. Hey.
Speaker 6: By the way, I read an article, and I'm a military kind of guy, so I keep track of the military and you know, we're down to four hundred and ninety thousand active duty troops active duty troops, okay, Pete Headsteps said that we're going to cut that down anywhere twenty to ninety thousand more, which would give us a total end strength of about four hundred and twenty thousand active duty. Brought it being in the military, and I know that more weapons, newer weapons, drones and things like that make one man a multiplier, okay, but you still need somebody to guard the door. And if you ever go to a real war, you're not going to have enough people. And what happens when you don't have enough troops to go to war, it's a reason to escalate. Possibly makes nuclear war more possible, right because if I can't deal with conventional troops, they have to go to nuclear war or you're going to have to capitulate on whatever your war ends. You know, war goals are so every time I keep looking as we fall apart as a country, but we're approaching more and more towards the nuclear endgame, you.
Speaker 1: Know, And this is another step certainly a possibility, although mutually assured destructions not something anybody wants is looking forward to. I don't know. I mean, the presence of multiple nuclear warheads in various nuclear powered countries has well kept us out of fighting with our biggest enemies China and Russia and some of the other ones. So these smaller, skirmishy, smaller countries engaging in fighting as we rapidly get closer and closer to a time when smaller countries, slightly more unhinged countries can have nuclear weapons at their disposal. Iran, I think you may be onto something there, but as so far as the number of troops are concerned, you're right. It's the equipment is a force multiplier. I'm not in a position to say how many active duty service men and women who need it to successfully defend our country or engage in warfare. It just does seem like it's going in the wrong direction. And question out loud, what are they going to do with a trillion dollar annual budget for the American military. I'm still waiting for DOZE to start doing a military audit because, in spite of the fact that I do love the American military and support the men and women in uniform, I know there's got to be a heapload of fraud, waste, and abuse in that budget military industrial complex. Alive and well appreciate the call. Six thirty three. Jumping over to the local stories, here's when the West Side gin brought up earlier suspect of the center of a swat situation near my alma Matero Kills High School. He's dead, according to sources. Last evening Fox nineteen reporting Green Township officers dispatch of the thirty one hundred block. He's a road for report of a possibly suicidal person violating a protection order. Captain Mitch Hill providing the details on this, police confirmed that the person inside had violated the protection order had access to firearms. Captain Hill said the suspect would not come out of the house, prompting police to dispatch the Hamilton County SWAT team to negotiate. In response to the police presence. In addition to swat, Oak Hill's High school canceled all afternoon after school activities for safety reasons. After several hours of trying to negotiate with the suspect, SWAT team entered the home and found the suspect dead from a self inflicted gunshot wound. Green Township Police Criminal Investigation Sections continuing their investigation of the incident got a woman arrested. I had charged with shooting of two men Springfield Township. Having yesterday afternoon, Anisha Tucker thirty eight of Springfield Township now facing two Counsilfloronia's assault corner of the Springfield Township Police Chief Chris knee House happened approximately twenty five minutes after two near seven Him Drive. Officers dispatchedly the area. They found two men suffering from gunshot wounds. Witnesses speaking with Fox nineteen reporting on this one, they heard an argument between two people near the T Mobile store, then moved to the Seven Hills Shopping Plaza parking lot later that's where they heard gunshots. Both Itckhams taking a UC medical center for treatment. Conditions unknown. Do you have any information about the shooting. You need to get in touch with the cinci A Police Department five one three, seven two nine thirteen hundred or crime Stoppers five one, three, three, five two thirty forty uh more coming up. I got a great story on speaking of fraud, waste and abuse, this is unbelievable, well not unbelievable given everything else that we fund in this world, but outlandish, and I know part of the big beautiful bill involves pairing back the green energy projects, which you hear the details about this one. Uh first though, Affordable medical Imaging was there just the other day, Affordable Imaging Services. I got an MRIC. I had to get that doctor's orders. Everything came out great though. I was pretty happy to see that, and just I got the report back in one day at noon on Tuesday, and the report in my doctor's hand by at least nine in the morning on Wednesday, because he texted me to let me know everything is great, which is you know, that's the outcome you're really hoping for. But we all have to get them echo cardiograms, MRIs, CT scans, ultrasounds. And one of the things about affordable Imaging services, it's really comparatively affordable. Point this out at a time, thirty five hundred bucks for an echo cardiogram, after you have to wait around for a month or so to get into the hospital imaging department. No, they'll get you right in at Affordable Imaging Services and you'll only spend five hundred dollars without an enhancement or eight hundred with the enhancement. And yes, it comes with a board certified radiologist report. My MRI was let's see baseblined four ninety five for an MRI, had to pay an extra one hundred and fifty bucks for the contrast because it needed a contrast, so so only six hundred and change. It could cost you thirty five hundred dollars at the hospital and you pay separately for the radiologists report, probably CT scans. I've had many affordable imaging services four point fifty without a contrast six hundred with so Dumont sure believe lower prices. My friend Jeff out there save thirty one hundred dollars out of pocket for his MRI because he took my recommendation. Went to affordable imaging services, low overhead, same equipment as hospitals use five one three seven five three eight thousand five to one three seven five three eight thousand online Affordable Medimaging dot.
Speaker 10: Com fifty five KRC.
Speaker 1: Hello, I'm Victor Gray and I'm calling tier Chenna nine. First warning. Weather forecasts got cloudy day to day, maybe some spotty afternoon showers. High fifty nine down to forty five. Overnight. Clouds will decrease, leaving us a sunny Friday at least until the afternoon. They say some clouds may build up. Sixty four be the high tomorrow, with an overnight low forty seven. A partly cloudy Saturday with the highest sixty eight fifty five. Right now, time for traffic update. Chuck from the UCUP Tramphings Center.
Speaker 9: From Pregnancy and metopause to healthy aging the women's health experts. You see health offer person of ice care from the newest treatments Learn Morid, you see health dot com Forward.
Speaker 1: It's myst women all clear.
Speaker 9: I spend two seventy five from the accident before Reid Hartman a couple more minutes and traffic will look much better from seventy one. The latest accident is just off of seventy one King's Mills. They're on the right hand side. Chuck Ingram on fifty five KRZ the talk station.
Speaker 1: Six forty Here fIF five KRCD talk station Friday Eve always Enjoy. We have George Running and Keith Tennefeld in the studio. The Restore Wellness dot Org program that they kicked off and hard at work trying to help us live healthier lives. Jason Riley with a book, The Affrontive Action Myth, and of course Jay Ratliffe at eight thirty five two three talk an illustration of your federal tax dollars and including state tax dollars of your Californian And I know the big beautiful Bill is going to try to be pairing back some of these green energy projects and as well they should, and of course on full display California is high speed rail line. I'm talking about this in the past. This is just one of the greater illustrations of the batcrap, insanity and just absolute abuse at taxpayer dollars. Now the price tag alone is more than tripled. Originally it was supposed to be forty billion dollars. It's now belonged to one hundred and twenty eight billion dollars. Apparently, Donald Trump resented four billion dollars in federal funding, stating the project quote has the worst overruns that there has ever been in the history of our country. That's a bold statement considering what we've learned over the years. Now, state audits, this is a reporting and thank you to the Free Beacon. State audits reviewed by the Free Beacon found cash spent not on construction but graffiti removal. Subscriptions to the online left wing rag Politico, which Doge discovered that we that you, the American taxpayer, have been paying for a whole lot of federal employees to subscribe to Politico. Also diversity equity inclusion initiatives, none of which have anything to do with building a railroad. Now here's just just key facts on epic failure. Construction was supposed to begin in twenty fifteen and finish in twenty twenty. Joe, isn't it twenty twenty five? Now, last time you checked too, Okay, I want to make sure I was in the right calendar year. So it should have been done five years ago. And yet to date, no track has been laid, not a single track, And they don't even have an estimate for when the project's going to be completed. They've given up even trying to predict that deadline for the first portion of the track, first portion twenty thirty three. But according to the State Inspector General report, ah, that's not likely. Meanwhile, the California High Speed Rail Authority has spent five hundred and thirty seven million dollars on environmental services. The project's environmental impact statement took fourteen years to write. One company identified as Westervelt Ecological Services received twenty million dollars to build new animal habitats since many could be destroyed by the construction. There's that word could in there, and if it could, maybe they won't. City of Fresno got five million dollars for graffiti cleanup. Company called Kadeshian Associates received two million dollars for lobbying and congressional advisory services. CBS Human Resource Consulting received almost fifty one thousand dollars to run meetings for the rail Authorities, DEI task Force and train employees. Is is it crazy how a rail project that is supposed to be the name of the environment and getting people on the two train rather than driving an automobile from point A to point B, even to point A to point B in this particular case, or places that people don't really want to go in large volumes, but it's a vehicle to end up getting DEI programs in place and fund outside consultants supervide DEI services. Going back to the point, New Hampshire Gary made, hey, get your hand in the cookie jar, create your own private company, call it a nonprofit five oh one to three c and say you're going to be out in the world training people to do things that well they otherwise wouldn't do, complements of the American taxpayer. In terms of the political subscriptions, one hundred and seventy seven thousand dollars, federal government spent forty four million dollars on political subscriptions between twenty seventeen and twenty twenty four. And I think that's something that Doge revealed. So that's been canceled. Politico, you're going to have to survive on your own sans American taxpayer dollars. In a press conference, Governor Gavin Newsom said, quote, I think we've been audited one hundred times. There at a certain point you have audit fatigue, audits for audit's sake service no one what people want is problem solved, okay. I think if you're interested in getting a train built, you start laying track that provides the opportunity for travel on the Chu Chu. Had the rail line been completed in twenty twenty as planned, I want a stude observer noted that audits probably would have ended. Also observed here, the high speed rail isn't the only transportation project facing extreme delays. The county is. Santa Clara announced last year that its planned rail station was eleven years behind schedule and eight billion dollars over budget. That's a rail station. Federal government decided last year to give the project five billion dollars in funding. At the time, it was the second largest federal transportation grant in history. So as you get up and go to work today, realizing tax dollars is going to come out of your paycheck to fund this crap. Remember it's crap. It's a waste. It's an opportunity for fraud, waste, and abuse to pump up and service and pay for outside companies to twiddle their thumbs and get literally nothing accomplished. And the background behind this train is the environment. The environment. And if it wasn't for people who believe in climate change, you know what, I don't think they'd be building this ridict. Well they're not really even building it now, are they. This project wouldn't even have been considered six forty six right now. If you have k sit the talk station, get in touch with QC Kinetics. You got pain. A lot of people do, joint pain, knee pain, hit pain, arthritis pain, you know, and you got to focus on your health. Speaking of things, focusing on health with George and Keith coming to the program in the next hour. Look beyond pills and steroids and look beyond surgery to feel your best. That's what QC Kinetics is all about, and they're offering a free consultation to discuss with them these revolutionary treatments that work to give your by long term relief. Meet face to faces with QC kinetics medical team. They'll explain how the regenerative treatments take your body's own healing power, help heal and restore your damage tissue without surgery, without downtime, without pills in office procedure, using your own bodies natural healing properties. Tens of thousands of people across this country, many right here in the city of Cincinnati in the Greater Cincinnati area, have gotten the cure from QC Kinetics. No more masking the pain. They're going right after the very source of the pain. So find out if you're a good candidate with the free consultation, give them a call at five one three eight four seven zero zero one nine five one three eight four seven zero zero one nine one more time five one three eight four seven zero zero one nine fifty five krc I lived on a commercial John nine says the following about the weather. Got a cloudy day to day and a light chance of precipitation later this afternoon spotty. They're calling it fifty nine for the high overnightle of forty five. Clouds will decrease sunny on Friday tomorrowby sunny with maybe some clouds building up in the afternoon. Sixty four for the high tomorrow overnight little forty seven and a beautiful Saturday which is partly body skies in a I sixty eight fifty five degrees. Right now, let's go to traffic update from.
Speaker 9: The ucutran Thinks Center from pregnancy and metopause to healthy aging. The women's health experts say, you see health off for personalized care with the newest treatments. Mark Moore, do you see health dot com forward slash Women Cruis are working with an injury accident on King's Mills at the southbound seventy one ram More Emergency Cruise just got to the scenes. Traffic getting a bit heavier westbound two seventy five clearing out between seventy one and reed Hartman after an earlier wreck chucking from on fifty five KRC, the talk station.
Speaker 1: Six fifty one I fifty five KRC Talk Station. Happy Friday, Eve, go go straight to the phones. Welcome back to the fifty five KRC Morning Show. Will haven't heard from you for a while. It's good that you called in this morning.
Speaker 11: Ray.
Speaker 12: Good to hear from you too, Brian. I just basically called to say hi to you that I still speak to you.
Speaker 1: I'm glad.
Speaker 12: I was just calm comment on this talking about a man with cancer. I don't care who he is. It could even be the guy I don't like it, y'all know who that is. I would never wish that on somebody's family.
Speaker 1: Amen, brother, never do that.
Speaker 12: I would never And it's just wrong.
Speaker 1: I've said that many times. Will I have said these very words. I wouldn't wish it on my worst enemy. I've got cancer, man, you know, I know what it's like to struggle with it. And I don't even have that bad of cancer. I mean, this is what we're talking about, life threatening disease, a disease that's painful. West Side Jim Keefer lives with pain every single day. He's got cancer in his bones. It's awful.
Speaker 6: It's awful.
Speaker 12: And dude, you got to think about that man got what six or seven grand kid or something like that, think about his children, and everybody's gonna lose.
Speaker 3: And we might not like him.
Speaker 12: Well I might not like them, but his children and.
Speaker 6: Stuff love them.
Speaker 1: It's just not fair.
Speaker 3: I'll just stop that.
Speaker 1: Yes, I'm with you. Don't don't don't make fun of a man's got cancer. Don't wish cancer on anybody. Don't relish and gleefully. Think about how so maybe that was like they were doing with Rush limballs. Somebody brought that back up to my mind of the day. Yeah, yeah, yeah, that's wrong.
Speaker 12: As much as I didn't like Rush, you know, let him let him deal with it, you know what I'm saying, the way, let him.
Speaker 6: Let him go. You know, let a person they last days be great or whatever.
Speaker 3: I don't know, but just stop.
Speaker 1: That's a red card.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 12: And then far as the waste concerned, this is still a lot of waste going on. Oh yeah, I mean, and you know, golf, you know what I'm saying, people coming here private jets from Africa, you know, so I don't know what the same really, I don't you know what I'm saying, do you know, you know, so just just you know, everybody, just I'm about to go and go fishing all of that, you know, every every everybody. Just need to stop because it's so screwed up. Just just stop all of this, just all of us, just talk. I don't know what to do no more, but I don't want to fight no more.
Speaker 3: We have a good day blind you too. Will.
Speaker 1: I'm glad you're still out there. Man, you have a great weekend fishing, my friend. I hope you catch some big ones. Amen, I'm tired of the division, you know. And Will doesn't always agree with me, and he calls and criticizes from time to time about positions on things, and you know, his view of the world might differ than mine. We've lived different life experiences, but he at least is in willing to engage in a civilized conversation about it and not like this from the stack of stupid smash a bottle over somebody's head because they're wearing a maga hat. State of public discourse is just kind of evaporated in this world. So anyway, we'll move away from politics in the next hour with George Brennman and Keith Tennantfeld in the studio to talk about restore wellness, and I saw this real Briefly, I'll mention as we run out of time in this particular segmental US health officials knew about the risk of mile karditis from COVID nineteen vaccines, but downplayed the concern and also delayed informing the public about those risks while they were out there advocating and mandating that you got a COVID nineteen shot. According a new Senate report released by Senator Ron Johnson yesterday, chairman of the Sentiment Senate Permanent sub Committee on Investigations been looking into the health safety and efficacy of COVID nineteen vaccines, did an earlier this year suboena the Department of Health and Human Services for records regarding COVID nineteen HMMM interim report revealed the Biden administration officials quote withheld crucial health information from the Subcommittee and the public. He sent more than seventy letters out which he says were either completely ignored or inadequately addressed. So we find out that they did have concerns about myocarditis and especially in young people. There was an initial warning that they had put together. It was a draft which recommended that young people, after getting the COVID nineteen vaccine refrain from engaging in sports activities because of the myocarditis concern. Now I am paraphrasing what it was described in a very long and lengthy reporting on this. But see, they knew about the problems. They were aware of them that they didn't bother passing along the information. You and meate and as I've talked to so many experts on this topic, doctors and folks who were speaking truth the power back when it was not favorable to speak truth the power on the realities of COVID nineteen generally speaking, and the dangers of the vaccines. What they were saying back in twenty twenty and twenty twenty one all turned out to be true. They were viewed as lunatics and fringe crazies and conspiracy theorists. Well, thankfully, you know what we ultimately will get the information. Problem is you've got to wait long enough, and you know it's all Usually like this case is after the damage has already been done. Six fifty six to fifty five kres to the talk station to stick around, restore Wellness Keith or George Brennan and Keith Tennefel joining the program next. I'll be right back a.
Speaker 3: Full rundown and the biggest ten lines just minutes away. At the top of the hour.
Speaker 9: I'm giving you a fact now Americans shouldn't know fifty five care see the talk station.
Speaker 1: This report is ponsible seven O six A fifty about KRC Decalk Station. A very happy third day feet. It made even happier because we're moving away from politics sort of kind of, and we're talking about restoring wellness in the studio. George Brett, Mcckeith Tennefel with Restore Wellness. You can find them online at restore Wellness dot org. Guys, great to have you back in the studio. Thanks Brian. Great to be here on the heels of me closing out the last hour with the report on COVID nineteen vaccines and the fact that they hid from us the whole idea that it caused myocarditis. Not to jump out of the gate with just that one, but you know, COVID is an awakening across the board of everything to do with the hell system. Like you said, they covered up the fact they knew that the it was going to cause heard issues. They knew mRNA was a bad approach to doing things, yet they did it anyway. It's going to keep mushrooming into they actually fix the problem, which is, you know, why are we doing the things that are not actually making people people healthier? And I don't mean to be sarcastic, but wasn't there some guy named Fauci. I haven't heard of that. Maybe my memory. I think he's gone into hiding and that probably is for for good reason. But I know that, and I mentioned it to you because a political was reporting on others are reporting on it. I guess RFK Junior is going to be releasing a report today and it's got some farm advocates and industry protectionists that are elected sweating bullets a little bit because they believe that he's going to make some recommendations that probably eat into their profits so well, and that's like we were saying, you know, before we came on air, was that the whole idea is what this report might say will actually improve the situation, especially for children for chronic disease, but it might eat into their profits. It's like, come on, guys, if we've got a way to solve the problem. Why don't we want to solve it? And they immediately jump to you know, like you were, you were saying, the pesticides. If that's the problem, well, let's find a different way. They don't do it this way in Europe, they don't do this way. You know, back in the fifties and sixties. There's obviously a way to do farming safely and effectively and cost effective. Let's find those instead of trying to, you know, keep the status quo and keep the roundup going. Yeah, I know, round up gets the finger pointed at it all the time, and I we use it at our house. Well, and somebody has said that the original formulation, if you use it the way it was directed, it's not that big a deal. It's kind of like DDT. It worn't great until people started spraying it everywhere. So I don't know. I think it's going to be interesting to see what's in that report, and even more interesting to, like you say, watch the reactions. Are they going to actually take heed to the recommendations or are they just going to fight them?
Speaker 6: Right?
Speaker 1: And it's a worthy endeavor to look into this. I mean, anybody who with their eyes open, who has been on this planet for you know, as like as long as I have, or even not quite as long. You can just see visually we have deteriorated from a health perspective in our country. I mean, and the numbers bear this out. We have a chronic obesity problem in our country. Now, why and why don't we look peel back to Veneer and look at the whys and whereforce is it? Because of the just the absolute overwhelming presence and availability of fast food. I think back when I was a kid one we rarely got it because mom and Dad wouldn't allow it. It was a special treat. But then again, you know, there may be a McDonald's here, but there wasn't fifteen different options on the same street, within the same one or two block geographic area. So we defaulted just it's easy, it's convenient. They make it taste so good. It's like, oh, why would I want to spend a couple hours in the kitchen. I'm going to drive over to whatever and put the processed food. I mean, so you can maybe a direct correlation between the availability of process and the abundance of processed food. Well, think about it. The only box that was percha, you know, from Kroger's in the early days that I remember as a kid was a box for cake. That was about the only thing that my mom would make that came in a box. Everything else you bought. The eggs, you bought, the flour, you bought the sugar. You made it yourself. We had hosts, ho hos and things like that around the house when I was growing up too, so there was a lot of that stuff out there. It's just a question whether mom would buy.
Speaker 11: It, right.
Speaker 13: I thought about this topic a lot, like what prevents someone from gaining access to better nutrition. If we might have a hunch that hey, this isn't the good option, Well there's really a monopoly. The options for really healthy alternatives are not there. And I'm hoping the report with RFK is going to release the opportunity for people to find other opportunities, to go with grass fed, to go with more organic, make it more available. And that's really what's going to change is when we start spending our money in the right direction. The problem is is that direction is not there. We don't know where to go to find all the access to all this good fits.
Speaker 1: Right, it's going to take a lot of getting information out and a lot of encouragement and a lot of enthusiasm, a support for the concept of eating healthier, all that kind of thing. It's gonna have to be a mind shift, a mindset change where we all decided, you know what, damn it, I'm tired of feeling bad. I'm tired of, you know, being overweight or whatever. I'm sick of feeling unhealthy. You know, I'm gonna I'm gonna step up to the plate and join the bandwagon and start focusing on what's going into my body. Well, And part of the problem is, for so long, the whole idea that you shouldn't eat butter, you should eat margarine. Yeah, that was a that was like the beginning of the end. Yet they started focused on cholesterol, and because I had a drug that could control it, I guess. I remember my my grandfather, my mom's dad, had a triple bypass surgery, had clogged arteries, and you know, I don't know why or where that came from. I know he was a smoker, and I know there were times in his life he wasn't that healthy even eater. But after the triple bypass surgery, he couldn't eat eggs. They told him, no, you got to stay away from the cholesterol, right, And I just remember him lamenting that he wasn't allow he eggs. I guess a lot all the time, every morning or whatever. My grandma my dad had six a day growing up. Yeah, when he was in his spurt. Yeah, in cigarettes, they're disgusting. They destroy the body in so many different ways, and everybody instead of the cigarettes, well, no, he was he was toltally was a lot of spoke. He would sneak them. I remember he got busted. He He used to like to uh to usher at golf events because he loved golf, and so when they would have an open or some of the you know, the celebrity golfers to come to town, he would volunteer. You know, the quiet sign guy holding that up anyway front page of the sports section. I never forget this. There he is, he's walking in a field of people down the fairway when the pro golfers were in front. He's got a cigarette danging out of his mouth, and my grandma presented into him like busted. Yeah, he would he would sneak them. But you know, they're a very addictive thing. And he well, and so you're you're on the tracker. So you've got addictive cigarettes. And then the Surgeon General, which is something we want to talk about. Surgery General comes out and say you have to put this warning there because they're so bad, we need to warn people about it. Yeah, nineteen sixty four Surgeon General's report. So then after that, what do the cigarette companies do Because they're worried about losing profits, They buy all the food companies. And what do they do. They take the same scientists that made cigarettes addictive and now they make food addictive. So the whole switch to high fructose corn syrup is sugar gives you the rush and it goes through your system and then you know it takes care of it. But some reason, high fructose corn syrup is much more addictive. You get the hit, but then you want more, and they put all these other additives in there strictly so that you will feel like you want to eat more of the product, not because it tastes better. And there are studies to back up what you are saying. Yes, yes, easily go to like we were just saying, go to groc you can. You can ask any of the AI give me the studies on you know what Philip Morris and R. J. Reynolds did after you know, the cigare at warning, And they'll tell you they bought all the food companies and you know the cigarette warning. I say what you want about the mandates and edicts, and you know they my position isn't so far as the back of litigation was concerned. Listen, if you started smoking after the nineteen sixty four Surgeon General support came out, then you know you shouldn't be entitled anything period. You're the same as the ingredients list on food. Now, if you look through that list, you see I fruit, trussed, corn syrup, sunflower oil, soybean oil, you know, and then you see all the monasudium gluedenate and all the preservatives. It's like, you know, a minute, if the list for something called apple sauce has got fifteen elements in it, yeah, and apple is just one of them, you're probably not gonna want to eat that.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Well okay, And they see that's my default position anymore. And I know, like we can talk about carbs and the good and the bad and wise and wareforce, but you know, ever since my wife's been making sour dough bread every week. And we've been eating sour dough bread now for like six months. I just love it. Every week she makes a new loaf of it, and so it's got in it's got flour and soar doough starter and some water and there's nothing else in it. And you look at a loaf of wonderbread or something from the store and it's got all these ingredients designed for shelf life and for transportation, and they never put ingredients so that when you squish it it bounce us back. Yeah, rubbery, Oh my gosh. We'll continue. I know we're kind of been like a free form conversation here. We'll get focused here. It's restore Wellness dot org. Lots of research materials over there on the available on the restore Wellness dot org page. We'll hear more from Georgia and Keith. After I mentioned my friends at Colin Electric for residential electric projects, you were in the best possible hands when you call Andrew Cullen and the team at color Electric locally n andoperated since nineteen ninety nine eight plus with a better business bureau. Been in my house a whole bunch of times. I like the personal experience I had because I can speak with clarity and honesty, and they are great electricians and the price is always right. They do great work, and that's why they have an A plus with the BBB. You get a ten year wiring warranty on anything they do for you and your home noob. And two upgrades wiring illumined of wiring upgrades bigger projects. Those are maybe you just need an outletter to or can lights installed? If it's electric and you got a house related it. It's Colin Electric Online, Cullen ceeul E and Coulenelectriccincinnati dot com. Here's the number. It's five one three two two seven four one one two. That's five one three two two seven four one one two.
Speaker 10: This is fifty five KRC an iHeartRadio station.
Speaker 1: Let's speak h channel line first one to wether forecast Today A cloudy day for the most part, maybe some spotty afternoon showers. Fifty nine for the high today, O night little forty five to decreasing clouds, A mostly sunny Friday. I have a sixty four, few clouds over night forty seven and what they described as a fantastic Saturday with partly cloudy sky's in a highest sixty eight fifty five degrees.
Speaker 9: Right now, it's time for traffic update from the uc UP Tramphanate Center. From pregnancy in menopause to healthy aging. The women's health experts that you see health offer personalized care with the newest treatments. More you see health dot com Forward slash women Cruise continue to work with the accident with injuries that's on King's Mills. Let the southbound seventy one ramp. Traffic on the highways not bad at all on southbound seventy one. Making your way into downtown less than twenty minutes from Fields Eartle Chuck Ingramont fifty five KRC the talk station.
Speaker 1: Seventeen come up with seven twenty fifty five KERCD talk station Restore Wellness dot Org. George run mc keith, Tennefield in studio talking health generally speaking, and I know we can pivot directly over to doctor Casey Means, who's been nominated by Donald Trump for Surgeon General. And she's she's in bed with you guys in your perception of health generally speaking. She was a trained surgeon and apparently at one point she put her scalpel down, she said. According to the article that I consulted, it was written about her noticing the recent rising chronic illness, dimansia, diabetes, and obesity. Says she became disillusioned with the medical field and at age thirty, ended up putting down her scalpel forever. This according to discussions she had on Joe Rogan program last fall, and decided to focus on the root causes of why Americans are getting sicker and believes the core problem is metabolic health. Wrote a book on it with her brother, Good Energy, The Surprising Connection between Metabolism and Limitless Health, became a bestseller last year, and talked about eating healthily, sleeping more, leading an active lifestyle and that's I guess the key to good health of those you know, it's a simple formula generally speaking. What's your guys take on this? And is she in any way controversial? It sounds to me like she's writing RFK Juniors Camp. She is in the the RFK camp because of training or RFK is a politician that wants to talk about health. She's a health professional that wants to talk about health. And the book Good Energy, the whole first third of the book is about her her journey to this awakening of metabolic health. And it started because her her mother got pancreated cancer and died, you know, with a very short period of time, oh noid. So she she looked at that and said, okay, here's there were warning signs for years, you know, starting with the fact that Casey Means was a very large baby. That's an indicator if you've got insulin issues. So she's she kind of started this journey saying, look, there were all these signs that my mother was was on this path to a problem, and nobody did anything about it because each she know, she was seeing a heart specialist about high blood pressure, she was seeing, you know, somebody else about diabetes, and so nobody was looking at the big picture. And so she sort of took this step back in her outcome the Good Energy Book as saying that, you know, the reason for the chronic problems is bad energy. Your cells aren't producing energy properly because of insulin resistance, because of the food you eat, because you're you're sitting in front of a computer all day instead of walking. And that was the other thing I wanted to hit on last time, was ranting about all the available bit of fast filled and fast process food. We just are sedentary as a as a society.
Speaker 7: And it's.
Speaker 1: Right. So the key thing with her appointment now is surgeon general. There's there's so many aspects to this that are important. The first was she's replacing a candidate that was nominated that was pro vaccine, pro COVID. This person, the previous appointee, was in favor of the lockdowns and the masks and all that crap Fauci approach. Yes, and so when Trump finally woke up to hey, people really don't like what happened during COVID, Casey is the obvious person to go to after that because she doesn't talk specifically about vaccines much, but she's very focused on what's the root cause, what's the big picture, how do we get to the health So she's this trillion dollar threat and so you've seen the violent protests of her appointment. It's because unlike MAGA didn't really threaten anybody. It was a different way of ruling the country, right, it was a political thing. Yeah, Maha threatens healthy again, make America healthy, threatens big agriculture, it threatens big pharma, it threatens the healthcare in industry because if we start focusing on fixing the problem instead of treating the symptoms, these people are going to go bankrupt. And the analogy I like to use is, you know, if you go outside in the morning and your your tires flat, it's lost air. So the first diagnosis is, well, let's just pump more air into it.
Speaker 7: Right.
Speaker 1: You pump air works for a day. You come back the next morning it's low again. You haven't got the root cause I haven't got rid. So I pump more air in and then I go see a specialist and the specialist says, we'll tell you what. We got this pump that you can screw on and leave on and so it'll pump it full of air every ten minutes. Well wait a minute, how about just spraying some soapy water on it and clogging the hole that you're find figuring out where the hole is. And that's where medicine is today. We're always about pumping more air in instead of looking for the hole.
Speaker 13: And the industry is really teaching these new medical residents to go with their big tech, big medicine, you know, alternatives instead of saying, hey, how did we used to do it that worked?
Speaker 1: Pretty well.
Speaker 13: There's a lot of really old, even twenty years ago, ways of treating people that did it really really good job. But because something's new and and many're like, hey, we got the new refrigerator, we got the new this, you should buy this because this is gonna be way better. Really the old stuff worked just great. Same thing with the medical industry. There's a lot of really great old options that are cost effective. The medications are cheap, and you can really get somewhere if you need to. Yeah, and you know that that's so called off label use. You get us that are out there already, Like you know, Ibermectan is a prime example of that. It does have broader applications than the you know, the the the authorized use form that it has. You just need a physician that knows what they's I think the really sad part is that we're we're hurting our children with this potential to make money. And that's the disturbing thing. Mothers and fathers need to really get aggressive and get engaged in this healthcare crisis that we have because our children are being hurt every single day that someone is trying to make money off of illness, and it's ridiculous. We need to stop that right now and get our children healthy. By doing what's right.
Speaker 1: Maybe they'll develop a pill for that station. The only real estate team I'd ever consider hiring if I needed a buyer or seller's agent, it's the Shabri Group of Calorium seven Hills. They're outstanding of what they do, the number one real estate group in the greater Cincinnati area. The mission your five star experience and they'll they'll deliver on that easily instant offer program. Love that one. Don't want to show your house. I've been down that road before. Actually my wife did the laboring or on that. We sold our house in Oak Park, Illinois. But you got to show it. You got to make it sure it's clean. You got to get out of the house when they're coming to show your house. It's a pain in the Keyster called Peter Shebierkeloriam seven Hills and their team. Within forty eight hours of them seeing your home, you'll have a cash offer, which means you can close as shortly as three weeks from your contact initial contact with them. Love it or leave it. If you're a buyer's agent, they get you in a house you think you love it, but within the first year you say nope and this is a bad choice. They'll sell it for you for free. That's their commitment to you. Cash. The keys will leverage a cash offer on that house you're looking at the just and then the Patriot program, which I dearly love, developed by veterans. Patriots buy and sell their homes. Bottom line is ten percent of the subregroup commission goes back to you as a rebated closing. If you're in the group of veterans, police, fire and ems. Check it all out online seven zero eight three thousand dot com seven zero eight three thousand dot com call them up put a five one three in front of it five one three seven zero eight three thousand.
Speaker 10: Fifty five krc hi.
Speaker 1: Uh, here's your channel nine. First one to what O forecast two day. It's gonna be mostly thouty day, possible light precipitation in the afternoon. Fifty nine for the high today down to forty five over nine, decreasing clouds, a beautiful day Tomorrow, mostly sunny sky sixty four for the hot a few clouds every night down to forty seven, and Saturday, a partly cloudy day and a highest sixty eight fifty five degrees. Right now, it's time for traffic update from the Ucumptraumphink Center.
Speaker 9: From Pregnancy and menopause to healthy age the Women's Health Experts a U see help offer person of Mine's care with the newest treatments. Learn more see how dot com forward slash women crews continue to work with the wreck on King's Mills of the southbound seventy one ramp into downtown. That's a little tougher. Come on, be a parkway. It's bocked off at the sixth Street ramp. To get ready for taste fifth Street walling up to come on, be a parkway. Chuck Ingram on fifty five KRC the talk station.
Speaker 1: It's seven thirty here, but about cares the talk station talking health with George Bretter, McKeith Tavinfeld. You can find their website Restore Wellness dot org. You guys do a podcast, don't you?
Speaker 6: We do?
Speaker 1: Haven't done it in a while. The last one was on COVID five years later. What do we know? Okay, it's there's still fireward wings out about COVID. As I mentioned earlier about the UH this this this release of the information yesterday and that investigation. Now going back to Casey means the Surgeon General and looking like, I guess you will get appointed. I don't know. I guess there's some protests over her and the talking about vaccines, because she's sounds like she's pretty anti vaccine. I think she's more like we were saying, the fifty that you have to take to a newborn, it's just ridiculous. It's reasonable vaccine. Yeah, and she has quite I was reading an article about while we were talking earlier. She's questioned why babies are inoculated within the first few hours of being born, saying the claims of practice puts people on a pharma treadmill for life. Her comment, that's a quote from her.
Speaker 14: Uh.
Speaker 1: And she also pointed out, for example, said newborns don't need to be vaccinated for hepatitis B shots. Well, it's a sexually transmitted disease or an IV drug user disease. So yeah, for a newborn, they're not sexually active and they haven't yet become IV drug users. But mom could be infected, and I think that's one of the arguments. But you can test for hepatitis BE at you, yes, very easily. And so if mom has b then you give maybe the baby the vaccine. But other than that, it doesn't seem like it will be justified. But that's just one of a multitude vaccine that children's gets. And I understand the anti vaccine argument.
Speaker 11: I am not.
Speaker 1: I haven't sipped the kool aid yet to believe that it causes autism and all these other problems. I don't know. I'm not a doctor and I don't play one on radio. But I am glad that, for example, there's a polio vaccine because there used to be rooms full of people on iron lungs. Right, Well, people don't get polio anymore. Why vaccine? That's why.
Speaker 13: So well, let's just talk about the outcome of if case means was to get in and how that would change the way we look at our food, our diet, our exercise, our hospice, vaccine schedule, and the vaccine schedule. I think that would be a very proactive movement to get our families healthy again in America. And if you don't have a healthy America, you don't have a healthy agriculture, you don't have healthy economics, you don't have healthy anything. Healthy brains be able to come with inventive and I guess we could probably achieve this, as I mentioned earlier, through an education program. Very few people smoke cigarettes now why because there has been a massive effort over the years to talk about how smoking is bad for you and the idea.
Speaker 1: And I don't like loss telling restaurant owners you can't allow smoking in the restaurant if you want to avoid business. If you want to drive people away by allowing people to smoke in your restaurant, fine, But if you want to be the restaurant where smokers can be welcome and enjoy that See I'm a libertarian, that's my philosophy of life. But overall, the ad campaigns, the marketing campaigns, the public education campaigns that talk about smoking has really been quite successful. And the opportunity that Casey has is to restart the discussion. Let's let's look at the food pyramid. Do you really need eleven servings of carb no, every day and only one serving one to two servings of protein. It's like, let's just take a look back and look at this thing from an actual database, not a marketing base. Do we have what is search that really truly shows what the best diet is because it's like opinions are like sphincters. Everybody's got by far, the best diet is more of a Mediterranean green protein slash with omega threes and vegetables. If they're not been hearing that for years, right, But we don't do it.
Speaker 13: And the other concept is that if Casey means does, what she's going to want us, you know, to get involved in is what about these insurance companies that are jacking at prices and reducing the access to affordable good care and everybody's competing. Now, if you can take away the stress of someone saying, hey, I can't afford to get healthy, and you get that more baseline where we can actually have affordable health care that allows us to actually have affordable access to good food as well. Instead of spending all of our money in insurance companies and premiums of medical costs, we can take that money and put it into ourselves. We can put it into healthy organic food, healthy good filtered water, good exercise gym memberships.
Speaker 1: Well, that's one of the directions many health insurance policies have gone. They will pay for or companies that provide medical insurance for their for their employees will pay for the annual physician visit, they encourage it. They will pay for a gym membership, they'll pay for even running shoes. My wife works for a company that does that. So the incentivization to get in and be treated and be cared for by a doctor before you get sick, to maybe get them on that wellness plan or get them on a healthy eatings schedule. That's a good idea, and I think we have taken steps to move in that direction. And I think you're right.
Speaker 13: I think education is a very very big point, and we spend a lot of time at our job, right, So I think it would be good if some of these CEOs and larger companies give us a call and we can come out and speak to them and say, hey, how can we make your industry healthy?
Speaker 1: What are some tips that we can have with your employees. They can get them tuned up. Yeah. Rather than doing diversity equity inclusion class and talking about that woke pronouns and things, maybe you get people in and talk about a good diet like whatever the Mediterranean diet happens, being explained what that means and what you should be eating. Rather than the bag of Doritos and the giant bottle of mountain dew that's on so many people's desk. I work with a woman every single day, big bag of Dorritos and a couple of mountain dews a day. Oh you know how bad that is. It just makes me. It gives me a migraine just to think of that anymore anymore. Yeah, anymore, and a shout out to my mom. You know why, because growing up, we were only allowed one soda a week on Saturday, Saturday night. Yeah Neward, Mary Tyler Moore, Carabernet, one soda period, end of story. You were not allowed so be really close to the same age.
Speaker 6: I know, I know, I know, I know.
Speaker 13: Always gave us the last of that four ounces after he poured his twelve ounces. We had that four ounces at my twin and I had to share, to sit back and forth.
Speaker 6: And that was a thing.
Speaker 1: Seven thirty sixthey five KRC the talk station. Foreign Exchange. Any kind of car you got, it's traditionally imported, even if it's an exotic one. Foreign Exchange will take great care of you and charge you less than the dealer. And that's the point less than the dealer. But you still get an a SC certified Master technician working on your car. They do have data access to your manufacturer's technical information. Last time I was there, they told me the story about this under warranty Honda guy brought it in there because the dealer said, there's nothing here, there's nothing wrong. It's like, well, do I know there's something wrong. It's not running right. Well, we don't find any codes. Well, guess what Foreign Exchange has The exact same software hooked it up and it was filled with all kinds of codes. So he took the list from Foreign Exchange and he took it back to his dealer, who then admitted it, Well, okay, you're right, that's kind of thing Foreign Exchange will do for you good people out there. But ultimately your bottom line is the bottom line. They charge less. So whether you have a traditionally imported manufacturer from Asia Europe or a tesla there licensed to do teslas as well, you're going to save money and they'll treat you great. I assure you that the west Chester location is what I'm specifically talking about because that's where I go. Tylersville, egsit off B seventy five East two streets right on Kinglin. You're there on mine. You're there at foreign xpor in the letter x dot com five one three six four four twenty six twenty six six four four twenty six twenty six.
Speaker 15: Fifty five far the talk station TED and I weather forecast. We have a cloudy day today, maybe some light precipitation. This afternoon.
Speaker 1: Fifty nine will be the high overnight low of forty five with clouds. It'll be sunny tomorrow for the most part, sixty four for a high over night. Friday, it's going to be dry forty seven with a few clouds. Saturday, they say, is looking fantastic, partly cloudy, high at sixty eight fifty five. Right now. Traffic time.
Speaker 9: From the UCUP Traffic Center. From Prank metopause to healthy Aging. The women's health experts and you See help offer personal wise care with the newest treatments learn park at you See health dot Com Forward Slash Women crews continue to work with the wreck on King's Mills at the southbound seventy one ramp. In southbound seventy one, then beginning to slow down through Blue ash Fifth Streets balked off downtown between Walnut and Comeumbi A Parkway to get ready for dat to Cincinnati. Chuck Ingram on fifty five KRC the Talk Station.
Speaker 1: Think about krcity Talk Station in studio, George running In, Keith enfil talkinghealth, Restore Wellness dot org. You find them online and at some point they'll release a new podcast. You can search for that in the meantime, and uh, the kind of the joke here, we're going to be speaking about how do you live to be one hundred and twenty? And I commented like, well, assuming you want to live to one hundred and twenty, because you need the default responses. Well, if I'm that old, I'm going to have all kinds of problems, right to be in bed or I'm gonna be in a hospital or hooked up with some she And you know how people suffer the terrible quality of life. It's my dad going downhill with Alzheimer's. You know that was no, that was no quality of life. What's right towards the end? It's just it's just painful to think about it. But how do you do it? You stay healthy? If you could be healthy, you might want to live longer. Yeah, if you had all the faculties moving and grooving like some of these centurions do. You know, they're nice and calm, but they're just slower moving. But you know, they kind of got it all together.
Speaker 13: And what's one really interesting common thing is that they're not frazzled, they're not stressed out. They're just kind of, hey, what's going on today?
Speaker 1: You know, like it's almost as if they've gotten into default mode that every day of being alive and having your faculties as a gift from God, and you're just sort of gonna enjoy it. Why you can't and you come to a period where you can't appreciate it, like vast majority of us don't exactly live in the moment right Well, and that's the key, I think. As you get older, you get this larger perspective on things that let you sort of say, well, that's not important. Why do I care about you know, the kids five minutes late for his baseball practice. You know, in the grand scheme of things, that's not going to hurt the gratitude can and you're right the social emotional side of it, you know, being comfortable with what's going on is probably the biggest thing for long term health. You know, not having that stress and this is someone who can spend his entire career being stressed. No, And I understand, and you know, I'm usually quite anxiety written. And I've read a lot of articles and research that's been coming out more and more, I mean, just an exponential increase in the volume of literature out there about meditation and how important it is mindfulness clearing your mind of thoughts and not, you know, and allowing your brain sort of arrest. So what's really interesting.
Speaker 13: And I've done meditation and yoga a lot, and so I believe that I have a pretty good analogy of how this works. But a neuroscientist once said, and I thought this was phenomenal that when you're breeding without thinking about it, you're using your animal brain, your lower brain, your small brain, if you will. And as soon as you decide to take over your breathing, as soon as you decided I'm going to breathe now, your frontal lobe gets activated. And the frontal lobe is the main difference between any other mammal species we have on Earth. And when we activate our frontal lobe, and then we're starting move into higher thinking, conscious thinking, all kinds of those. And it's obviously important not to overthink. But my point being is that you get yourself out of that fight or flight brain, that reptilian brain, and you move it into the frontal lobe where you can find rational peace and commons and gratitude.
Speaker 1: Well, isn't focusing on breathing and breathing exercises and techniques. Isn't that one of the one of the reasons for medical reasons. It's it's involved in meditation, is yoga, because if you're focused on your breathing and counting the number of seconds or otherwise, you know consciously you're not thinking about something else. It takes your mind away from the crap of the day that might be flowing through your brain. Is like sody peple have difficult time going to sleep at night. They lay down immediately they're flooded with oh my god, I can't believe I said that earlier day. I believe I can't believe what I got to do tomorrow. It's the worst possible time of your life to start thinking about things that are going to drive your anxiety levels up, or that are going to give you psychological concerns or problems. It's interrupting your sleep it's just the number two thing you have to worry about it. So after mental health, it's sleep.
Speaker 13: The last thing I remember thinking of before I go to bed is I'm going to start breathing, And soon as I start breathing, actually I'm falling asleep. Yeah, so you know, we real quick. Some things to talk about how to live to be one hundred and twenty. Obviously, the things that you know that you need to change if once I mentioned them, is your water? Is it filtered and is it adequate? Number two is your diet. Are you doing a good diet? Number three? Are you exercising? Are you doing the things that get your butt move? And especially in a society where we sit all day, are you spending one to two hours actually moving in a very healthy way. Number four is your sleep. You got to maintain and optimize your sleep and make that a priority. Don't stay on your cell phone scrolling through the middle of the night, or or getting up really early to make.
Speaker 1: Yourself a pot of coffee. Then when you know you could begin in a couple hours of sleep.
Speaker 13: And then fifth is that relationships and then relationships not just with other people but with yourself. Are you being honest with yourself, you're taking care of yourself? Are you loving yourself? Those top five are the basics, and you know how to fix that, but there are some biohacks that you can be starting to do that add to it.
Speaker 4: All.
Speaker 1: Right, let's get the biohacks. We'll take a quick break care of bring them back for one more segment before we get to Jason Riley with a new book, The Affirmative Action Myth. He'll join the program at the top of the hour News In the meantime, a strong recommendation you get in touch with the USA Insulation have your home inspected. They'll do it for free. Find out if you're under insulated or you don't have insulation. So mid seventies and before probably no insulation, and then after there's a period where the old insulation wasn't sufficient r value. Of course, it was what they had at the time. That was my daughter's house, for example. We got the USA Premium phone as a housewarming gift for Lauren and Eric and they only had to run their air conditioning like one time this year, so it really is very comfortable with their home. That's one thing you'll notice from day one. Improve comfort. But when you are using your system HVAC, you're going to save money. The product will ultimately pay for itself and you may save more on your monthly energy bill than the price, which is only ninety nine dollars a month interest free. It does an amazing job so for comfort improvement and of course energy saving. It's one thing in the world that can guarantee your return on investment. USA's premium phone made right here in the state of Ohio. Get the free inspection by calling five one three three eight one three sixty two six. That's five one three three eight one phone. Check out out online. Learn more at USA Insulation dot.
Speaker 3: Net fifty five, KRC dot com fifty.
Speaker 1: Here's your ten to nine first one in ONFOLCA. It's going to be a cloudy day to day. Uh maybe afternoon showers fifty nine for the high tonight, flouds will decrease. It'll drop the forty five tomorrows high sixty four with mostly sunny day. Proud to move an in in the afternoon, a few clouds over night, drop to forty seven, and a high a sixty eight on Saturday with partly floudy sky fifty five. Right now, let's get a traffic.
Speaker 9: Cup teat from going to use the out tramphing Center. From pregnancy and menopause to healthy Aging, the women's health experience and you see help off our personal lives care with the newest treatments. Learn more at you seehealth dot com. Forward slash women North Bend seventy five slow out of floor, It's into the cut than heavy above seventy four to were.
Speaker 1: Broken down in the right lane at the lateral.
Speaker 9: They cleared the problems on King's Mills at the South Bend seventy one ramp fifth Streets blocked off with Walnut to come on be a parkway to get ready for taste.
Speaker 1: Chuck Ingram on fifty five krs the talk station seven fifty fifty five krc DE talk station at a Thursday, call it Friday, Nay, I always love my Friday shown at the five karossee War Show. But I always enjoy talking with George Vernonan and Keith Tennant felt about health issues generally speaking, touch on a whole variety of topics this morning, and Keith teased did going into the close of the last segment about some bio hacks. He gave us all the information about stuff we could do generally, try to eat better, sleep better, that kind of thing. But what are biohacks and what are you talking about specifically, Keith?
Speaker 13: So, biohacks are unique ways that we know that we can alter the aging process, improving mitochondrial function, slowing down the oxidative stress that causes our body cells to age and therefore die. So if we can slow that process down, we have a really good chance of living a little bit longer. Number one is intermittent fasting. Intermittent fasting allows you to have cellular regeneration, improve cellular regeneration, and can improve metabolism, and it gives your gut a chance to rest.
Speaker 1: How long? Yeah, that's always as I know exactly, just going to ask that. It depends, you know, how much of a warrior are you.
Speaker 13: But the standard, probably most tolerable one is a sixteen eight. You know, you're fasting for sixteen hours and you're eating for eight hours, and that means basically skipping a breakfast or a dinner every meal, and you kind of crunch there's a lunch and a dinner or a breakfast and a lunch together, and making sure you're drinking plenty of water during that process and again making sure it's filtered. Number two is incorporate some type of high intensity training where you really get your heart rate up and then you let it come back down. Get it up and then get it back down, kind of pushing into what we call zone two zone three metabolism, and it really enhances mitochondrial function and creates a lot of internal into sense friction that allows metabolism to spark up because you need that heat in order for metabolism.
Speaker 1: So HIT is a really, really good way to do it. So HIT high intensity training. Third, believe this or not.
Speaker 13: If you really want to kind of avoid some of the benefits of stem cell repair through long term fasting, you can do cold plunging or cold showers. Oh yeah, I know, and now I know it's very uncomfortable, but I gyees what it is three minutes of discomfort can give you a longevity of maybe years to your life if you're stimulating stem cells. That can help you rebuild your body enhance mitochondria function. So you start backing that up. They jumping into an ice cold water three minutes will actually do this. They're old shower workers that have to be showers work pretty well as well. And it helps produce a lot of good neurochemistry too. When you're hot water, all comfortable in the shower, I'm saying, and it's gold, you can actually produce some.
Speaker 1: Now, again, you have to be a you have to be kind of a warrior. You have to be a man.
Speaker 13: You have to be someone who can tolerate this stuff. If you're a wimp, then it's not for you. I encourage you not to be a whimp. That was a shot at me, maybe I know though I was looking at both of you. But anyway, So the fourth one is a NAD supplement. NAD supplement that is a precursor of the mitochondria that really helps with energy and mitochondrial health. And NAD is poorly absorbed orally, so sometimes you have to get its byproduct or its precursor, which is antiicamide mononuclid, which is endy. These supplements there are something that you can get somewhere or they're readily available, okay, and you can reach out to us and we can hook you up and you can give me that.
Speaker 1: I'll put that up on the website where we can find some of that.
Speaker 13: I'll put that road nutrition has a lot of these products that are the kind of the leader in some of this advertising.
Speaker 1: But n m and is a precursor for NAD and that is really really important. Fifth is gut health.
Speaker 13: We sometimes ignore a gut health pardominantly as we destroy it with all the fast food. But if you can eat healthy and you take intermittent probiotics such as Basilli's Ruteri, Basilli's Ruteri is a fantastic probiotic that we uh As babies have and then we take our first course of antibiotics and there it goes out the door. But Basilli's ruteriz is a great probiotic that you can intermittently use, especially if you take an antibiotics. Recently, keeping a gut health is the optimal way to improve your immune system and anti aging.
Speaker 1: Six is sauna therapy.
Speaker 13: It's sweating it out, getting all those oxidative stress out of your body through sweating it out. Then if you can incorporate a sauna with red light therapy. Red light therapy again is another antioxidant therapy that helps promote mitochondrial health.
Speaker 1: But is that one that they have the studies behind. When I first saw red light therapy, it's like, okay, this is rock sand, I know what red light therapy is. Oh yeah, yeah, I all that. The well on the up pick there, George, it's too many years with red LEDs, right, So just look into the research that you'll be impressed.
Speaker 13: I think there's a lot out there, and it's just red light therapy. It's not harmful, and you can just sit there and hang out, read a book while it's being exposed to it. Great for face, great for wrinkles, great for thyroid, great for brain health. So and it's easy, you don't have to do anything. So we talked about the red light therapy. We talked about breathing exercises. But sometimes people say, oh it is damn yoga people. It says, damn you know, sit there and stretch and write. But really just focusing on your breath, taking deep breaths, especially when you're sitting all day, you'll find your lung stretch open and you really breathe and oxidize or bring oxygen in your body and regenerate itself. Imagine if you did that every hour, you took fifteen deep breasts. Every hour, you set your alarm, oh here's my breathing and you just we did that ten times every hour, you'd be a different person, especially.
Speaker 1: For the way you get rid of it. All right, well, I'll tell you what you guys. Add this stuff to will or tomorrow. Great, you'll update the website to include the information, a couple other tips at Keith and get a chance to get to George Brenamancckeith Tennefield. Thank you for passing along the good news, the information and the opportunities for us to improve our health. And we'll look forward to having you back on down the road a little bit and stay in touch with you through your website Restore Wellness dot org. Folks, stick around Jason Riley the affirmative action myth after the top of the our news. Then Jay rat left at eight thirty or iHeartMedia aviation expert. I hope you can stick around us.
Speaker 3: Happens fast, stay up to date at the top of the hour. Not gonna be complicated.
Speaker 1: It's going to go very fast.
Speaker 3: Fifty five KRC the talk station.
Speaker 10: This report is sponsored byment.
Speaker 1: It's Heyo five right now. If the five PRCD talk stations been looking forward to this moment all morning, it is a distinct pleasure to Welcome. One of my op ed here is over the Wall Street Journal, Jason Riley. He's a fellow at the Manhattan Institute and columnist with the Wall Street Journal. He's been writing in The Wall Street Journal about politics, economics, education, immigration, and social inequality for a couple of decades plus. He is the author of multiple looks, including Please Stop hel and Helping Us How Liberals make it Harder for Blacks to succeed, as well as Maverick, a biography of Thomas Sol another hero of mine. Welcome to the fifty five CARC Morning Show, Jason Riley. It's a pleasure to have you taught on the program to talk about your new book, The Affirmative Action myth why Blacks don't need racial preferences to succeed.
Speaker 4: Good morning, Thank you for having me.
Speaker 1: Thank you, and thank you for doing such a wonderful job with your columns on the Wall Street Journal. I always look forward to reading what you have to say. It's a very very well logical, reasonable and always makes a great deal of sense. So thanks for what you're doing, and also for writing the book about another hero of mine, Thomas Sole. I had the privilege of interviewing Thomas Soul as well as Walter Williams, who I do believe both commented on or have written articles about the topic of your book, the empirical data. Yeah, I mean, is that where you were inspired to write this? Perhaps?
Speaker 4: Well, much of my journalistic career and book writing career has been inspired by both those guys, both heroes of mine. So yes, their writings, their research not only informs this book, but informs a lot of my journalism.
Speaker 1: Well, there lived experience as well. I remember, I believe it was Walter Williams talking about his childhood, you know, and he grew up in an era where there was no affirmative action, there was no you know, great society programs, and he ended up doing quite well himself.
Speaker 4: Yeah, both he and and Soul have pointed out the differences in their childhood in terms of black advancement. And that's one of the things I point out in this book. I mean, the great myth that I mentioned in the title is the myth that blacks need affirmative action, they need special preferences, they need set asides and quotas to get ahead in society, and that without affirmative action, you know, there would be no black middle class, or there would be no Blacks and higher education or in the skilled professions. And that just isn't true. And you're right, both Soul and Williams, And as I point out in.
Speaker 1: The book, there's a lot of data to back that up.
Speaker 4: For example, but beween, nineteen forty and nineteen sixty, the black poverty rate fell from eighty seven percent to forty seven percent. That's a forty point drop. There was no affirmative action during that period. That was before the Civil Rights Act of sixty four, the Voting Rights Act of sixty five. It was before a black present or before black any kind of real political clout in this country in terms of running large cities with large black populations. A forty point drop in the black poverty rate, and so people look at the black middle class today and say, oh, that's a product of affirmative action. No, it isn't. Black people lifted themselves out of poverty well before there was racial favoritism leaning in their favor if anything, they did it when there was racial favoritism in the other direction.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and that's certainly demonstrated by the numbers. And we all know that period of time in the nation's history. You know, with a Jim Crow Law still in place in some areas, and separate but not equal schooling and things like that, they were still able to make great advances in economic prosperity as well. But how much of this shift the problems facing the black community do you connect with the well, the disintegration of the nuclear family.
Speaker 4: Oh quite a bit, quite a bit. In fact, you can see all of these trends, whether it's climbing out of poverty, greater black incomes, greater Black educational attainment, greater Black movement into the middle class professions, all of those things. You saw a black white convergence happening in the forties and the fifties and the sixties, and right toward the end of the nineteen sixties, right around the Great Society programs under Lyndon Johnson, when they kick in, you start to see these trends stall or in some cases even reverse course. And one of them is the rise in incomes relative to white incomes that was growing in a very fast clip prior to the late nineteen sixties. And one of the reasons it stalls is because you start to see a proliferation of single black families in the late sixties, and it's very hard for a single parent family to compete economically with a two parent family, and so that black white convergence seems to starts to stall around this period, and that is what has plagued a lot of black progress since the late nineteen sixties. And notwithstanding affirmative action, is this breakdown of the black family and a welfare state that subsidizes you know, anti social behavior, counterproductive habits, and so forth. And so that's been a huge, huge problem that doesn't get nearly enough attention.
Speaker 1: No it doesn't. And you know, just the simple absence of a father in a child's life I think has a profound impact. I mean, I'm blessed that I was able to grow up in a full family. I had a dad that was always there, you know, sort of the the well, the guy who laid down the law when you got out of hand, you know, that kind of thing. It's the importance of that father figure. You're providing an example, an illustration of the value of hard work, getting up in every day and helping to put food on the table. I mean, whether or not the man makes a whole lot of money, just the fact that that person is there being an inspiration I think is really it's just a terrible loss for many families.
Speaker 4: Right And as late as the early nineteen sixties, two out of three black children were being raised in a home with a mother and a father. Today seventy percent or not. And that's a huge, huge problem for all the reasons you just stated. We know the litany of problems that are associated with single parent homes, from you know, involvement in the criminal justice system, more likelihood of that not finishing school, involvement in drug and alcohol abuse and so forth, and becoming a single parent yourself. All of those things are detrimental to upward mobility. And I used to say back when President Obama was in the White House, I'd say, you know, that's great, it's a great symbolic victory for Black America and for America in general. But it's far more important to have a black man in the home than in the White House.
Speaker 1: That's a good point. Well, And I guess I wonder why we continue down the same paths if anyone were to talk about removing some of these programs, and I know the Supreme Court recently ruled that, you know, race based college emissions is unconstitutionals. That's supposed as a step in the right direction toward a meritocracy, But we have generational welfare dependency. There's almost an expectation that, well, you're going to grow up and you're gonna be on welfare. I mean, the programs haven't worked. That Your evidence, your empirical data that you point out in your book, Affirmative Action myth shows that we haven't made any progress. In fact, that there has been regression. So how is it that people who are interested in serving the black community and really wanting to help and get people elevated out of property keep barking up the same tree.
Speaker 4: Yes, and it's you know, right now, we see that as a bipartisan problem. You look at this fight over over Medicaid reform, where you have even Republicans who are reluctant to put in place work requirements. We have a lot of able bodied adults, able bodied men, working age men receiving welfare benefits and no one wants to touch this, these entitlement programs.
Speaker 1: And it's a shame.
Speaker 4: Obviously the reform what would redound to the benefit of a disproportionate number of blacks but it would help the poor in general. I mean, if you're going to pay people not to work, you're going to get more people not working, right, We know that, and that's what we continue continue to do, and so i'd like to see this reform. I think would be a huge step for the country. But we've really got to get both parties involved because the still seems to be a third rail in our in our political system.
Speaker 1: Well, Jason Riley off of the book, we're talking about the affirmative action myth why blacks don't need racial preferences to succeed. Going back to the work requirement, and I've been screaming about this now since they started bickering over whether or not to have a work requirement. We're talking about able bodied people without any physical problems, that do not have children in the home. These are folks that could easily with that mandated hour twenty hours a week or eighty hours a month, get education. In the trades. There are millions of jobs in the trades out there. This is a way to lift someone up out of poverty permanently because well, guess what, They're going to have a job, yes, exactly.
Speaker 4: And the job is us anti poverty program out there, if you know, ibviously an intact family is also an anti poverty program.
Speaker 1: Indeed, so as a job. So as a job, I wish there are more people preaching your your message there, Jason Riley. And the other thing that I I you know, I am not black, I know you are, but you know, I express insult on behalf of every black person out there when I see these, uh, the these folks screaming in the streets about like, for example, saying a voter ID requirement is racist or fill in the blank is racist. And I'm thinking to myself, how what an insult to every black person out there they're saying out loud that you are incapable of performing such a simple task as getting a driver's license. I mean, your reaction to something like that, Jason, Well, it's an example.
Speaker 4: It's like affirmative action, a voter ID laws, uh, school choice. These are issues where when you pull blacks in general, you get one response, and when you pull black elites and civil rights activists and so forth, you get a different response. So the black public in general supports voter ivy laws, they support school choice, and they oppose affirmative action. Black elites are on the other side of every one of those issues. And I blame my profession somewhat the media for running to these elites, running to the Black Lives Matter activists, the NAACP folks, and so forth, to express opinion on behalf of all black people, when in fact they do not represent most Black people. They simply represent themselves. An affirmative action is yet another example of that. Most blacks, along with most of the country, supported that Supreme Court decision ending race based college admissions, even if the black elites did not well.
Speaker 1: And that's another point you make in your book, The taints Black Achievement. When you have someone out there who is brilliant or smart, or demonstrably has the merit to fill any position and they end up getting employed and they're looked at with like a jaundic STEIM's suspicion is that, Okay, how did you really get the job? Was it through an affirmative action program? Are you a diversity higher or do you really have the skill sets necessary to compete with the rest of us out there? And that's a terrible thing that you have to walk around with thinking that perception is out in the world Jason, Yes.
Speaker 6: It is.
Speaker 4: No one wants to be the token and campus or in the workforce, and so yes, that is a problem. In the Supreme Court decision, the majority opinion talked about the stereotyping that is associated with affirmative action. It also sets up smart kids to fail. And what I mean by that is that most of these black kids that are admitted to say a Duke or Harvard or Cornell, with lower test scores than the average white student on campus are still scoring well above the national average. They're just not scoring as high as their peers at those elite institutions, and so they're struggling at those elite institutions. They're dropping out at higher rates. They're pooling at the bottom of the class where they would be thriving at a less selective institution. I mean, what is the point of flunking out of Michigan instead of graduate waiting for Michigan State. They're flunking out of North Carolina instead of graduating from North Carolina State. And that's what we've had systematically happening over the past fifty years of affirmative action. You have black you know, you have white kids and Asian kids matched with schools that fit their preparation. You have black kids funneled into schools where they are not prepared and struggle just because these college campuses want racial balance or they want a college catalog that looks like America. And I think that's wrong. These kids are being used and I'm glad that the Supreme Court ruled.
Speaker 6: The way that it did.
Speaker 1: Yes, as am I, Jason Riley, And let me just pick your brain briefly in the marine mean moment we have here the idea of this. I don't know if it's in the name of DEI or what the education system. I think the public education system seems to be failing our children miserbly. And you can see it in cities like Baltimore, in Chicago where you have a predominantly black classroom, but them advancing children to the next grade level even though they demonstrate they don't demonstrate adequate grade level proficiency, which just sets them up for failure in the next grade. If you don't have the foundation for the next grade level material, you can't succeed moving forward. This is something that is in profound need of being fixed. Jason, your thoughts, you're right, and I.
Speaker 4: Mean, I'm writing a book about affirmative action that talks about what we should do at the college level. But you're right, this is really a K through twelve problem. Yeah, that cannot be fixed when someone sits down to take the SAT score at age eighteen. This is something we need to address early. And the sad part is that we have the education models out there to help the most disadvantaged kids. They're called charter schools, they're called vouchers, they're called tax credits.
Speaker 3: They work, they.
Speaker 4: Work especially well for low income minority kids. And yet you have a public school system controlled by teachers' unions and they block those reforms. They want failing schools to stay open because those schools are still providing good jobs for the adults. That's why those schools stay open. But I'm more concerned about them failing the kids, and I think those schools should close. So yes, the school choice that we really need is at the K through twelve level, and if we got it, it would obviate the need for affirmative action and higher education.
Speaker 1: Amen, Jason Riley, A distinct pleasure to have you on my program. Always looking forward to your columns on the Wall Street Journal, and of course the affirmative action myth why blacks don't need racial preference to succeed. Your book is on my blog page. My listeners can easily get a copy of it. Keep up the great work, sir. It was again a pleasure having you on my program this morning.
Speaker 4: Thank you very much.
Speaker 1: A twenty three if you about ARCD Talk station. I'm very happy Friday eve Ta coming up. I heart media aviation expert Jay Rattleff. Loved talking with Jay and playing going on in the world talk about with Jay too. No no particular direction to go, but I have a couple of minutes here real quick read this article. I think it was on town Hall. Yeah it was town Hall Matt Vespa headline. A fired government worker later sobbed but couldn't call his parents because for this hilarious of this hilarious reason. And it's basically he was making fun of the individuals who lost their job in government because they apparently can't handle dealing with reality that people lose their jobs. I mean, it's why is it that a government employee losing their job will make headlines and oh my god, we're all going to die. The world's coming to an end. It's like a tenured professor losing the tenure and you know, seems to be drawing parallels to that, like you can't fire me, and you know, over the past several weeks, I've seen a lot of companies that are laying off or firing right sizing their employees, and therefore people are out of jobs. I can't remember. Maybe it was Amazon or something firing fifteen hundred people. Anyway, Washington Post wrote an article about this interview with more than thirty for former current workers told the Washington Posts that the chaos and mass firings have left them feeling devalue, demoralizing, and scared for themselves in the country. Many described problems they'd never experienced before, insomnia, panic attack, suicidal thoughts. Others with a history of mental struggles say they found themselves pushed into terrifying territory, he said. One on February fourteenth, Richard Midgett cleared his desk out at Yelstone National Park headquarters. On the way home, he blasted indie rock music to drown out the sound of his own sobbing. The root home took him across the only bridge in Guardian, Montana. Never suffered from depression or other mental problems. But he said he sat newly unemployed in his idling car just past the bridge. He was overwhelmed by dark thoughts. It was an entire article of stories like this, the interview anybody got laid off over to Amazon? How about the people that got laid off from my Heart Media over the Year's judge. You ever seen the articles about them and the reaction to it. I've been through right sizing of companies before. Anthem did it multiple times while I was there. Fortunately I wasn't part of it. But you know, everybody in the real world struggles with the possibility then he lose their job. Everyone and many people across this great United States every single day lose their job for a variety of reasons. Mismanagement, maybe overstaffing, maybe efficiency brought about by artificial intelligence. You find yourself out of a situation. I'm sorry. Just because you're working for the government doesn't guarantee you employment. And we have found out since Doge came around and people started looking beneath the veneer of government spending that there is a whole lot of fraud, wasted abuse, and there's far too many employees in federal government that are really needed to perform whatever task they're doing. You know, if you're in the working world, sorry sucks to be you. You may lose your job A twenty It's one of the reasons education is so important. A twenty six. If you have care se detalk station Jimmy care fireplace and stove, get in touch with a litle free inspection of your chimney. See if you get any water damage. So whether you got a wood burner or a gas fireplace, free standing stove, you know, just have it inspected because there could be a problem going on up there and you don't know about it, which could lead to a much better, bigger problem at Water damage is the nefarious stuff. But if you have a wood burner, they got a spring special going on now, the woodburning sweeping Evaluation only one sixty nine ninety nine. Do a video camera inspection certified chimney sweep sweeping it out. It will be safe and you'll be ready to hit the ground running this fall when the temperatures presumably will drop. To reach them for the either the free exterior evaluation or the wood burning sweeping special, call five one, three, two four eight ninety six hundred eight plus with a better business bureau have been locally owned and operated since nineteen eighty eight. You can also schedule deployment. To learn more about the company and the showroom products, go to Chimneycareco.
Speaker 10: Dot com fifty five KRC visit Channel nine.
Speaker 1: Weather forecast. Got cloudy skies a day with light precipitation, afternoon showers maybe popping up fifty nine for the high today, down to forty five tonight with clouds will decreasing. Get a mostly sunny day Tomorrow with the highest sixty four, few clouds every night forty seven and Saturday partly cloudy skies in a highest sixty eight fifty six degrees.
Speaker 9: Right now, let's hear about traffic from the UCL Transit Center. From pregnancy and metopause to healthy aging. The women's health experts that you see Health offer person device care with the newest treatments. Learn more age you see health dot com. Forward slash women southbound seventy one break lights for an extra fifteen minutes between Fields Irtle and Red Bank. Northbound four to seventy one is slow out of Southgate into downtown. Some of those the alternative to Columbia Parkway being shut down to get ready for it takes. That's sixth Street chucking from fifty five krs the talk station.
Speaker 1: They take thirty one. It's Thursday. It's time. I always look forward to this particular time of the week and day because we get to talk to iHeart need the aviation expert, Jay or right left, Jay, welcome back to the program, our friends away A pleasure having you on.
Speaker 14: It is a pleasure to be here. And a belated happy birthday to Honor Flight. Yesterday was the twentieth anniversary.
Speaker 1: They've taken three hundred thousand.
Speaker 14: Veterans to Washington, DC, had no expense to see their memorials.
Speaker 1: It was started by a team here in Ohio. Yeah.
Speaker 14: Now they've got Honor Flight one hundred and twenty five cities across the country and they are doing an incredible job. And oh my god, Yeah, we had one yesterday that went up to d C. Took I think eighty eighty some veterans.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that was it. Yeah, and most all of them Vietnam veterans. I think there are eighty of them that were Vietnam veterans. The rest from North Korea. And you know, God bless the folks. That showed up at CVG last night. I was kind of bummed I didn't get a call in a sort of a recap of these welcome home celebration, which is always an emotional thing. It's such such a great, great opportunity to see some patriotism, which we don't get enough of it these.
Speaker 14: Days, and from kids, you know, in older adults as well, and it's great to see the kids out there. And most of the time they have cards and notes and letters that were put together by kids, colors, coloring and different types of things that'll be putting the welcome home packs for these veterans. But yeah, just just a phenomenal organization is Look, if anybody is interested, it's on or flight to Tristate dot org is the site to go to if you want to throw a couple bucks at him or just kind of follow the great work that they're doing because it's it's incredible and happy birthday to an incredible organization to turn twenty as of yesterday.
Speaker 1: I'm glad you brought it up. And if you want to be a guard I was actually had the blessing and benefit of being a guardian on two separate honor flights and just just an amazing opportunity. It's there's a wait list for that though, I'm always pleased to see, so get on it and wait around, maybe a few years before you can be there as a guardian. But it is well worth the effort. Real quick. Here, we've been in we've been down this river before, and I know you don't mind a curveball or two thrown.
Speaker 14: At you, but sure, absolutely thy curve ball.
Speaker 11: I know.
Speaker 1: But I saw the headline this morning and I got to know, chuck a lo out of it because you and I have talked about this before, and sadly it was a Navy technician, US Navy technician been charged with making a false bomb threat. I mean he made an outright false bomb thread on this flight that was getting ready to take off to Hawaii from San Diego.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 14: Well, you know, when you're Joe King and you say, hey, the guy next to me, he's got a bomb, you know, flight attendts don't go ha ha and go no, We've got a protocol that's followed.
Speaker 1: So what ends up taking place.
Speaker 14: Is, yeah, the airplane goes back to the It doesn't go back to the airport. We take it to a remote location in case there is a possible bomb threat, and they've got their protocol where passengers are removed the rescreen, they're questioned, the airplane is searched, and it's just an absolute debacle when it comes to what happens to people on the on the airplane because somebody's joke.
Speaker 1: It's like when somebody wants.
Speaker 14: To be funny by renaming their hot spot on their phone like Jehad terrorist or something. So when somebody's on a plane and they're looking at some of the hot spots around them, they see that, it's like uh. And of course once they bring it up to the flight attendant, who notice the captain right, it's very clear what's going to happen at that point in time. And it's not like we have a choice. We have to follow that protocol and it will be done every single time. And that's why when I had people that would fly it, and they would show up in a group and they'd be like, hey, you know when you screen my bag and see these bombs, don't worry. It's like, okay, time out. Now you and your entire group stand off to the side until the police get here and they're like, well, what did I do. It's like, well, you're an idiot. I mean, yeah, you just don't do stuff like that. Well, Brian, I understand a lot of people that are nervous to fly. The way they try to, you know, compensate is just humor. They want something funny to take their mind off of how scared they are.
Speaker 1: But there's different ways.
Speaker 4: To do it.
Speaker 1: Nothing funny about that. But then the reaction, and you know this is required, that required the Police Maritime Tactical Team K nineteen, the Joint Terrorism Task Force, along with the San Diego Fire Department, and multiple federal agency showing up of the scene to SERTs the aircraft. Think of them being taken away from their valuable law enforcement obligations and going after something that doesn't exist. I mean, the chaos that you create by doing this that just really angers me, especially that a US Navy technician would be the one of the idiot who should know better that it would cause all.
Speaker 14: This, And you're pulling those resources from other places that can be and now they can't immediately respond for a real threat. So you're putting other lives potentially at risk as well by something that you're just exactly it's stupid. It's absolutely stupid, and it happens far too often.
Speaker 1: Don't be that person. Eight thirty six will continue with Jay Ratliff strap hangers on airplanes. That's one of the subjects we're talking about coming up next. Stick around, be right back, keep your stupid mouth shut.
Speaker 10: Fifty five karc.
Speaker 1: Jay Radlff has he's our heart media aviation expert and a pilot. Jay forty right now, if you've got pierced de talk station, I can't leave this story. You've got here standing airline seats. I suppose if you're standing, they're not really a seat. But this is like the concept of a straphanger on a subway.
Speaker 6: Jay.
Speaker 1: People are gonna like his no kidding, I don't like the sound of it. Well, it actually came out in twenty eighteen.
Speaker 14: It was at a some sort of conference in Hamburg, Germany, where this skyrider seat was unveiled. It was considered a lightweight alternative to the typical airline seat by having it elevated slightly to a nearly standing position for people that were flying. Now. To me, when I first saw it, I thought, okay, this is a joke. But the seats look cramped. They looked uncomfortable, and I really questioned how fast you could exit an airplane if you had everybody in one of these things. But you know, apparently these seats have gained approval in Europe and a few low cost carriers are going to be using them by next year. Now airlines love them because the seats are lighter, so less fuel, and surprise they can and more seats onto those airplanes, more people, more revenue. Who cares if you're comfortable. Apparently it's going to be targeted for flights two hours and less. And I'm telling you, anybody, a person of any kind of size, Brant, I don't see how. And the other thing is I've got to see the aircraft, see the schematics as far as the seating configuration. But you know, now, if somebody in the window seat needs use the laboratory, you know you're just moving knees in the kind they just kind of screwed out.
Speaker 1: That's not happening here.
Speaker 14: Everybody's going to the aisle if the person on the on the window seat has to get out and use the laboratory.
Speaker 1: So it's that much that it's that narrow between the standing sea and appears.
Speaker 14: Look I've ever said, and all I've done is I've looked at maybe twenty or thirty different variations of how these could be used in an airplane. And you know, and in a lot of places around the world, world comforts up secondary. I mean, we're spoiled as Americans because we know what we like and we've got our personal space, which you know, you go to a Disney in Tokyo or something, you're not going to enjoy your personal space because it's just that's how it is. You get to some third world countries and I mean people just cram it and they don't think anything rude of it.
Speaker 1: It's just that that culture.
Speaker 14: So the idea of being crammed into an airplane like this is something that for a lot of people. You know, this is how we travel in some other ways. It's not a big deal for us here in the States. We look at it like, oh, there's absolutely no way. But I tell you what, if airlines can find a way to put more people onto those silver revenue time, you and I both know they're going to do it, Yes, absolutely, And they're going to be forced to you because they're going to.
Speaker 1: Say the cause of fuels going up and we have to do this. It's not our fault. Yes, yeah, right, Well I'm flying blind on how they look. Are you actually supporting your own weight on your legs because I'm thinking about folks maybe if a knee pain or folks that aren't capable of standing for two hours? Is a cake any weight off of you?
Speaker 6: It does? It? Does it?
Speaker 14: It kind of looks like you know, one of the things I first saw was the King Cobra. I thought, you know, when that stand up roller coaster where you had kind of the thing that came between the legs where you get.
Speaker 1: Rest a little bit.
Speaker 14: This is a kind of a slight variation of that, but a little bit more where both your.
Speaker 1: Feet could be off the floor if you want it.
Speaker 14: Okay, But Brian, they're just, I mean, they're just really crammed in there and the sky If you want to google the image, it's a skyrider seat and it's a sky rider too, I believe it is. And they are there's nothing that screams comfort on this at all. And you know, they've got to be safe because they have to meet aviation protocol for regards to you know, withstanding crashes and those kinds of things where they meet meet a certain tolerance as far as strength, so they're not just throwing a bunch of lawn chairs in there and saying good luck. But it's just, you know, it's it's something totally different from what we've seen here in.
Speaker 1: The United States.
Speaker 14: And when you go back to the days when you know, the fifty sixty seventies, when you had plenty of run between rows, you people thanked you, you know, all these kinds of blah blah blah. That's one thing, but these things are I mean, sardines have it better than I think it's bad.
Speaker 1: Brian Bad, Let's puzzle bring Jaba back for one more. Apparently the cantagion is spreading now. The Austin Airport's having some delay issues. Plus we'll hear about hub delays one more with iHeart Media aviation expert Jay rat Lift. It's eight forty five right now, fifty five KRCIT Talk station.
Speaker 10: Fifty five KRC.
Speaker 1: What if you had an extra thousand Channa nine first one, well forecast, final one in the morning here, same score cast all day. So we got clouds today, maybe a little possible precipitation later this afternoon. Fifty nine for the high down to forty five tonight, a few clouds and mostly sunny skies Tomorrow sixty four for the high, few clouds every night down to forty seven, and a partly cloudy Saturday with the highest sixty eight fifty six Right now.
Speaker 9: Final traffic from the UCUP Tramp Center from pregnancy to menopause to healthy Agent. The women's health experts that you see Health offer personalized care with the newest treatments. Learn more at you see health dot com. Forward slash women soothbound seventy one continues slow from above two seventy five towards Red Bank northbound. Four seventy one backs into Southgate and rain not helping any there. In Bend seventy four backs above Montana. There's a wreck outside eleven and on sixty three near McClure. Chuck Ingram on fifty five KRC the talk station.
Speaker 1: Forty nine if you have KERCD talk station, Happy Friday Eve. Before we get back to Jay Ratliffe breaking news. You heard it here first yesterday from Congressman Warren Davidson's mouth. He was going to be a no unless there were sizeable cuts in the spending bill, the Big Beautiful Bill. He and Congressman Massey were the only two no votes. So to Steve out there who claimed that Warren Davidson was ultimately going to vote yes. Sorry, Steve, you called that one wrong, and that confirms with Congressman david said he was going to Davidson said he was going to do so. Spends too much, increases the debt too much, pivoting over the contagion has spread Austin Airport. We had problems with insufficient number of air traffic controllers in Newark, he Al said. The system manages. I guess it's gone to Austin as well. It has.
Speaker 14: In fact, it was yesterday the federal Abas administration initiated a ground delay and it kind of hit us on and off from noon until about seven thirty yesterday, where they had more than one hundred and sixty flights that were impacted, and it caused a significant issue because of the fact that the air traffic controllers they simply didn't have enough, So from a staffing standpoint, they just reduced the flight activity. And Brian, we're going to be seeing this across the country because a lot of these men and women that are exhausted working over time, some that are taking a mental leave of absence for forty five days. It's just getting tougher and tougher for them to do their job. And when you factor in the idea that this antiquated technology is failing them, a lot of these individuals simply just don't want to stay on the job. And from a retention standpoint, we're really suffering here. And that's one of the reasons that I'm further excited about President Trump trying to make sure that they do everything that they can to upgrade this technology because I'm telling you, read these men and women some fun tools to play with. Uh you know, while they're on the job, they're gonna it's gonna make it easier for them to do their work, and I think that the job satisfaction everything else will be a lot higher. So, but yeah, Austin was the latest we've had Austin, We've had Denver, We've seen it in as well as in uh Newark, obviously, and that's going to be an ongoing discussion for a number of years. But we've we've until we address the issue of air traffic controller shortage, and we've talked about it's gonna be years before we can do that. Uh, this is going to be something that we're going to be dealing with as we continue to fly well, and.
Speaker 1: Something that's good to take a number of years. You and I've been talking about this, and it's been all in all over the news, going back to Newark and the failing UH systems. I Sell, the CEOs of ten Airlines, wrote an open letter to members of Congress asking them to take bold action to deal with the air traffic control system and they point out in the letter air control air control offers should not be operating with corroded copper wiring, floppy disks, and physical strips of paper with flight numbers. Yeah, that's the problem, Jay, I mean, here we are.
Speaker 14: I mean we can find a drug dealer on the corner of the fifth and Maine using their cell phone. But we've got to subject our air traffic controllers of this kind of an issue. And it's you know, when when Sean Duffy said some of their parts you have to go to eBay to find Yeah.
Speaker 1: People thought it was a joke, and no it's not.
Speaker 14: That's what they have to do to find some parts to keep these types of this type of equipment moving and it's really unfortunate, but it's the truth, and sadly it's it's it's something that you know, could you imagine waking up every day knowing you're gonna go to work with people's lives at stake under your control, and you're given these kinds of tools that work some of the time but not all the time. Yeah, and that are so outdated that they were created before you were even born.
Speaker 1: Well, and the other component of this, I thought, with the timing, was kind of questionable because as you've mentioned, as it's been widely reported, this has been a problem for decades. They're using nineteen eighties technology. Nobody's ever any administration has stepped up to the plate to resolve the problems. Finally now being addressed. But after Donald Trump and the administration says we're going to tackle the problem, We're going to get upgrade to the systems, the CEOs now come out and send a letter to Congress saying they need to take bold action. I mean, you know, hey, wake up, guys, where are you been.
Speaker 14: Well, they've been asking for it, bro Oh okay, but it's been falling on deaf ears because no one really cared because it worked, and you know it's but look, airlines are just as guilty. Southwest Airlines had a Christmas melt down a couple of years ago when their computer crashed for their crew scheduling that was developed the nineteen nineties technology that they're still using when an airline was a third of the size as it was right now. So airlines are also guilty of not upgrading their own personal stuff as well as they could. But you know, we're talking about something that's twenty years outdated versus something that's forty fifty, sixty, seventy years outdated.
Speaker 1: So it's just ridiculous.
Speaker 14: It's just beyond that, and the fact that we've been able to enjoy the safest air ever of commercial jet travel as a testament to just how hard working a lot of these people are to keep making that stuff work well.
Speaker 1: As we part company, we always went on hub delays. So how's it looking out there for air travel this way today?
Speaker 14: Well for all of us, you know, hoping we never have a standing seat to have. It looks like, yeah, the northeast Brian is going to be a mess. We've been talking about Newark, the biggest storm system in the country, whereas that smack dab right over in Newark, Newark, Boston, d C.
Speaker 1: Philadelphia.
Speaker 14: Basically, if you're headed towards the northeast, make sure the airlines have a way to get a hold of you, show up at the airport early. Is this going to be a slow goo if you're headed in that direction?
Speaker 1: Always a pleasure having none of my program there, Jay, I'll look forward to next Thursday another edition of the segment, and between now and then, best of health to both you and your better half. Thank you much, Take care brother. Eight fifty four rather fifty five KRC talk station Hour of Health Power with George Breneman and Keith Tenenfeld. We talking about a whole variety of health related issues. Restore Wellness dot Org is where you find George and Keith. Jason Riley with his book Man I'm Pressed by Jason Riley always have been the affirmative action myth why blacks don't need racial preference to succeed. So interesting conversation that you can get a copy of the book a fifty five KRC dot com and of course my conversation with Jay Ratliff there. Tune in tomorrow for Tech Friday with Dave Hatter. Thank you, as always Joe Strekker for producing the program. You do an excellent job, my friend and I hope you all have a wonderful day and don't go away. Glen Beck is coming right up.
Speaker 3: News happens fast, stay up to date.
Speaker 15: At the top of the hour, you're moving very quickly fifty five KRC.
Speaker 1: The talk station report is