Speaker 1: The sports page with The Orlando Sentinel at FM ninety six to nine. In the games, Mike the Bulldog Beyonki on Jr. R.
Speaker 2: Bulldog Sports Page, brought you by Kaufman and Linn Injury Attorneys. Hello, Mike Beyonki.
Speaker 3: Hello, we have a new college head coach who's never coached before. Bill Belichick, the Hoodie, coming to college football. It was announced last night. He's the new coach at North Carolina. I cannot but I thought this was just like some ridiculous speculation. But it's happened. It has happened. The seventy two year old Bill Belichick is gonna coach in North Carolina. Got a five year contract.
Speaker 2: Wow.
Speaker 3: I don't I don't know if I like this higher. But if you're North Carolina, you've been irrelevant for most of your existence. Now you're relevant. I don't know if this is work, but I sort of admire North Carolina for thinking out of the box a little bit here.
Speaker 1: I knew this was gonna happen because, you know, I was watching my boyfriend Pat McAfee and uh, and he had you know, he has Belichick on I think it's every Monday, and they he was like I heard you were in five and five hour interview on Sunday. Why would he be doing that? So, yeah, I could see it coming and then uh, and the way that he was acting. He's like, well, I don't want to put all my cards out there, but if you had a kid going to play football and they could go play for Bill Belichick, that.
Speaker 2: That says huge things.
Speaker 1: Plus you have Michael Jordan as a you know, a donor.
Speaker 3: Come on, I don't know. Again, it's gonna be interesting. It really is going to be interesting. I'll tell you what though, Even though it's not a conference game, UCF game against North Carolina on September twentieth next season at the Bounce House, that's gonna be the hottest tick on UCFS home scheduled. Now, I'll tell you that I'm skeptical at best of this whole. Yeah, I'm skeptical as too. I'm skeptical as well. But do you agree North Carolina has been irrelevant for most of his existence as North Carolina except for a couple of years when Mac Brown was there. The first time as North Carolina ever been anything in college football.
Speaker 2: They had they had another flash when they had Mac dancing in the locker room with the players.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that was I think they won nine games that.
Speaker 2: Season, right, No, you're right, day, So you know, why not give it a whirl, see what happens. I just this main skeptic in me is this whole. I don't envision Belichick dealing well with the mentality now of the college football player in the whole. Nil, in the portal he got.
Speaker 3: He is dating a twenty five year old former college cheerleader.
Speaker 2: So maybe that'll help things, and I wish him the best. It'll be it'll be two reasons to go.
Speaker 3: He will scout his next girlfriend, right, Sure, what else we got? Speaking of college football, UCF has hired a new offensive coordinator. Scott Frost made that announcement Yesterday's hiring a guy named Steve Cooper who's a Boise State offensive analyst. He will be the offensive coordinator at UCF. I'm suspecting, since Steve Cooper is not a sitting offensive coordinator right now, I'm assuming Scott Frost is probably gonna call the plays and be the main play caller next season. But we shall see. So that announcement was made yesterday. Speaking of offensive coordinators, former UCF head coach Gus Malzon had his introductory news conference yesterday up at Florida State as their new offensive coordinator, and Gus Malzon said that the reason, or one of the main reasons he left UCF to be an offensive coordinator is, quote, the job description of a head college football coach has changed dramatically in the last two years, with everything transfer portal took, collectives, to agents and everything that goes with that. I'm just an old school football coach, That's.
Speaker 2: What he said.
Speaker 3: He said he wants to go call plays. I'll say this, if Gus were eight and four this year instead of four and eight, he'd still be the coach at uc If it always comes down to winning. Gus's problem wasn't so much the new landscape at college football. It was he wasn't very good at navigating it. Okay, so if he if he was really sick of it, would he still be coaching in any way in college football?
Speaker 2: I think the whole questioning where he was going this year started with the kJ Jefferson decision. Yeah, to put all put on the eggs in that basket, and we saw how that worked or didn't work out.
Speaker 3: Huh yeah, did you just see this story is this.
Speaker 2: Are you gonna bring up the Ohio lawmaker who's trying it? Oh God?
Speaker 3: Is this?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 3: This is the state Representative Josh Williams in Ohio has presented a bill that would make it a felony if you plant a flag in the middle of the field at Ohio State Stadium. I mean, one thing that drives me crazy is he's pandering kiss ass politicians who use sports to get their names in the headlines.
Speaker 2: Come on this.
Speaker 3: I agree, it is felony for planning a flag.
Speaker 2: Are you kidding me?
Speaker 3: How about telling the players you know you're gonna be suspended for a game if you do it, or something like that.
Speaker 2: But good lord, I would like to point out and give credit to Dave Portnoy, who brought to the table the fact that this guy who's presenting this is up from Toledo, which is closer to Michigan than and he claims is a hot of Michigan fans, So this could be a reverse trolling from Michigan on on Oio State.
Speaker 3: Good God, that's what we need, our politicians making laws about flag planning, right.
Speaker 2: Right, Go worry about get the price of eggs down, yass. God Man, unbelievable.
Speaker 3: All right, the other big college football is a rich Rodriguez. Rich Rod looks like he may be returning to West Virginia. So they're pulling the Scott Frost. They're bringing their old coach back.
Speaker 2: Where's he been.
Speaker 3: He's he's actually at Jacksonville State playing in the Cure Bowl. Okay, yeah, so he turned around Jacksonville State and you know he's going to go back to West Virginia now, looks like so good for him.
Speaker 2: Michae the Bulldog Miyankey, host of open Mic weekday mornings on adjacent TuS AM seven forty FM ninety six to ninety Game, takes a few minutes from his show to give us a sports page each morning here on JR by Kaufman and Lynd.
Speaker 3: That's right. You can listen to Under Oath with Attorney Jeff Cobb and every Saturday morning at seven point thirty on FM ninety six nine in the game. You can catch extended versions of Under Oath on your favorite streaming platform o.
Speaker 2: Linchen Taco on demand.
Speaker 1: Download the iHeartRadio
Speaker 2: App from the Bogan