Speaker 1: Callaroga Shark Media.
Speaker 2: Hello, I'm Johnny Mack with your daily comedy news, A daily briefing on stand up comedy comedians in the comedy industry, A sentence, and that the algorithms like me to say every single day for some reason. So I shall you know, doing this show is kind of like pitching a baseball game, And today it was one of those days that ten minutes ago I thought I had nothing, and then I'm like, eh, let me see if I could stir it up with this. Barbiglia, Mullaney, John Marco Siresi thing incasion missed it. Go back to the February tenth episode where I played some clips John Mulaney was on Mike Berbiglia's podcast. Birbiglia floated an idea that perhaps, possibly maybe there's a comedian who was ripping off John Mulaney's act. That I played a separate clip in which John Marco Siresi thought they were referring to him. It is unclear who they were referring to anyway. So I went on Reddit and people think it might be a guy named Mike Feenie. Now I was unfamiliar with Mike Feenie. Half an hour ago, but some clips. I'm going to play you three clips here and I'll let you be the jury, and I'm trying to make the clips relatively even.
Speaker 3: So.
Speaker 2: The clips from Feenie and John Marco are on Jimmy Fallon's Tonight Show. I couldn't find John mullany on the Tonight Show. I did find a cone and clip that was too far back, and I didn't want to play anything current because these days there is mullanie mania. He could just walk up on stage and say hello and he'll get a big Did I just rip off John Mullaney? Oh, I'm big. It's gonna be mad at me. I've told you this before. The secret to a half asked John Mullaney, is you have to do the B fifty two s Fred Schneider going big as a whale, And that's how you get into your mullany. It's just in the sing song Noss. I mean, it's a half assed Millenie. But maybe I'm stealing from John mllanie. I digress. So the Feenie and the John Marco are from the Tonight Show, and I've pulled a clip of John mullaney on HBO's Night of Too many stores. This clip is John Mullaney from eight years ago, which I think is before mullanie Mania. I've tried to make all the clips around a minute ten. I've tried to include the intro so you hear the comedian getting into it, and then around minute ten we'll get out of the clips. But first up from eight years ago, here's John Mulaney.
Speaker 1: I'm John Mulaney, finally a name on this show. I had a great day. I hope you're all well. I'm flattered to be here. I was walking downtown today. I was on West twelfth Street. I was downtown. I was walking towards this guy. He's walking towards me. He's on his cell phone. We're both downtown. We're on West twelfth. As he walks past me, I hear him say no, no, no, I can't.
Speaker 2: Meet right now. I'm way uptown.
Speaker 1: And then he looked at me and he winked, and he kept walking. That guy should be declared mayor of New York City. I don't care if he's had a scandal automatic mayor, and he probably has, if that's how he conducts himself on a day to day basis, If he's lying about his whereabouts At two o'clock on a Saturday, while I high fiving random guys on the street. I was glad I noticed him. I normally don't notice people. I zone out conslate. Have you ever zoned out for a few minutes. I've been zoned out since two thy and fourteen. I just all day long. I wander into traffic, walking like Charlie Chaplin, listening to a podcast while thinking about a different podcast.
Speaker 2: Next up, a three year old clip from The Tonight Show, storing in Jimmy Fallon. Comedian Mike Feede takes the stage wearing a suits and again John mulaniy known for wearing a suit. Right now, I'm looking at a picture of George Carlin performing in a suit in the sixties. Is John mulani stealing from George Carlin? Obviously? He is get your own wardrobe buddy. Anyway, Mike Feoeney, here you go.
Speaker 4: Oh my gosh, thank you so much, everybody. Wow, I appreciate that I have exciting news. I just celebrated seven years of marriage with my wife. Yeah. Yeah, we've been married seven years. We've been dating a total of seventeen years. Though I had to make sure and if i'man honest, she's one of my favorite people right now. But when you're in a relationship that long, a lot of times after shows from men, they'll come up to me and they'll be like, seventeen years. I mean, my god, I must have gotten so stale in the bedroom by now, right, And every time I have to explain to them, I'm like, no, it hasn't gotten stale, it's gotten efficient. That's how I would, yeah, like our sex life. As I go into a Billy Joel concert at this point, you know, we're just playing the hits, no new stuff. Everybody's happy, yea.
Speaker 2: And our third clip from four months ago, the twenty twenty six Comedian of the Year, John Marco SIASI. He's not wearing a suit. He's wearing a pretty loose shirt. It's a little wrinkled actually, so it's a look. He didn't accidentally go on the Tonight Show in a renkled shirt. And he is much more animated than mister Malaney and mister Feenie. Here is John Marco Siisi, thank you.
Speaker 3: I appreciate it real quick. I'm going to talk a lot about my girlfriend tonight, and I just want to be careful, because I think what happens with a lot of male comedians is they'll notice something about their girlfriend, and then when they're on stage they act like that specific trait applies to the entire gender. So I just want to be clear. All the jokes tonight are about my girlfriend, and I don't want to use her real name, so let's just call her women. Women.
Speaker 1: Hear me out, please please please.
Speaker 3: Women are Jewish and mine is no exception to the rule, and it's fine. I'm also Jewish, although I was raised more culturally Jewish, which means I have all the anxiety of regular Judaism, but without the comfort of God.
Speaker 2: So I don't know who Duberbigs and the Laney mean. We're gonna have to ask them. Mike Ebbs has issued an apology. Apparently Mike Epps had made some comments about rapper Nicki Minaj after Nicki Minaj recently appeared with the President of the United States in a comedy routine. Mike Ebbs had suggested that Minaj had engaged in a group sex activity with the President and others joke that perhaps Nicki had done some favors in exchange for help with her US citizenship. Fans of Nicki Minaj did not like that. Mike Epps has posted on Instagram. Y'all know, I'm mister accountability. You know, I say stuff and do stuff, and then I go to bed, wake up the next morning, having prayed on and thought about it. I just want to apologize to you, Nicki Minaj for saying the stuff that I said. I want to apologize to your husband, your kids, all that for saying what I said. I'm a comedian. Sometimes I get on that stage. You know, I have a little drink and I go wild. I'm nonfiltered, not explaining myself. But I am mister accountability. I love apologizing, something a lot of people don't know how to do. I just saw this one. As I walked into the basement. I took one last look at comedy threads, and I see from the Daily Beast, Michael Jay shut down a fan who suggested a sketch. The sketch suggested by the fan was about Epstein Island with actual children, and the fan thought that would be a hilarious idea for Saturday Night Live. Chay apparently mocked the pitch in a series of now deleted Instagram stories, even sharing a screenshot of his DMS with the fan. The Daily Beast says the fan had written to Michael Chay, if SNL had any balls, they'd do an Epstein Island sketch like it was a joke, but just have it be reality and of Trump and Elon et cetera, et cetera, partying with actual children. Have Elon try and explain electric cars to a fifth grader over cocktails, etc. Jay wrote back, that'd be funny to you, beato reenactments with actual kids. You think the audience would be laughing at that. I guess I just don't understand comedy audiences anymore. I get so much criticism that starts with if you had any balls, and now we do we just stay on Channel four and this is really funny. I wonder if ice T gets messages like show penetration on SVU cowards. The Garden of Dreams Foundation and MSG Entertainment have announced Garden of Laughs, coming to Radio City Music Hall on April thirteenth. Nice line up here. Headliners include John Oliver Andrew Schultz. Oh we the press should ask Andrew some questions if he's taking any questions. Ronnie Chang Zarna garg Josh Johnson, Analyza Slessenger. You may recall Andrew and Zarna played there od Gomedy Festival, so their career is doing quite well. Steve Sharippa of Sopranos fame will return as the host. I know Steve worked with him on The Wise Guy Show. It's serious, a really good guy. Uh drove around Vegas with him one day and had a nice timeout. Steve said the Garden of Dreams Foundation has impacted the lives of one hundreds of thousands of young people and their families in the Tri state area over the last twenty years. At it's incredible events like Garden of Laughs that helped make that possible. That dude's a pro and awesome to work with. Got a lot of New York City stuff. Today. If you're on the subway and you're like, is that Ronnie Chang, it is Ronnie Chang. He is the latest entertainer to lend his voice to public service announcements for the New York City Subway. Now see, I'm old school, I grew up in Queen's New York City. When I get on the train and they have these like pre recorded announcements that are crystal clear, like ooom, next up times Square. I'm like, as the kids say, g TFO. Back in the day when Johnny Mack was a young lad listening to Howard Stern on a walkman, the announcement sounded like this, and you dealt with it, and that's how it was, and there was graff feiti everywhere. Oh sorry, I almost ripped on John Lane there. Sorry, I'm entertaining myself. Ronnie Ching affects a frustrated voice as he reprimands writers for various subway faux pause. One message ses can he please move into the train so other people can get on? Thank you, Cursey counts. Now, I have found myself on threads. I'm in some sort of New York City conversation about who's a real New Yorker and newbies asking for advice from real New Yorkers. Listen to me, I'm not moving in. If you're from New York City, you understand, and you're like, of course, I'm not moving in. People are like, why is this jerk not moving in? Here's why I'm not moving in because I have my own space. Welcome to New York City. If you can't handle it, go somewhere else. I'm getting on, and the second I get on, I'm turning sideways and I'm leaning against the metal railing. When the door is closed, I'm leaning against the door. I have space. I'm not standing in the middle holding on a railing. If you want to give me a seat, I'll sit down, I'll get out of the door. But I'm not standing in the middle. I'm blocking the door. More advice from Ronnie Chang, the PA announcer. Unless it's old school hip hop, nobody wants to hear your music, your phone, call your headphones on. Oh boy. And the people at the airports with the TikTok videos, yeah, they got to stop too. Ronnie Chang said he was honored to record the new messages and then said, wait, does that mean I work for the MTA now New York or Pete Davidson. He's got that TV show that the delusional people at Netflix think it's a podcast. It's not a podcast, it's a TV show. And the Union might have some questions for you people. Pete was having a conversation on his inexpensive television show with Machine Gun Kelly. We learned Pete Davidson's happy place. He said, mine was this deli that's near my house. It's not the best deli in the world. It's just clean. It's like really clean, and you feel really good about buying produce and like meats from there. Now you're like, what's it called. Well, eventually Pete Davidson revealed the place is called Bagels are Us in Great Kills. Pete says, it's phenomenal. While you're in New York City taking the subway, block the doors. It's everyone else's problem that they're trying to get on the train. They should have gotten on the stop before like I did. But if you're on the train and you're like, is that George Clooney, it's too fat to be George Clooney. No, it's not George Clooney. It's me and I'm blocking the doors and we're on our way to Williamsburg for the sixth Annual Awards for Excellence in Audio aka the Ambies. They will be hosted by comedian Wyatt Sanak. Why It said, podcasting has become one of the most exciting places for ideas and storytelling. I'm looking forward to honoring the creators, keeping the energy up and helping make the night feel as vibe and engaging as the podcast themselves, plus as a New Yorker doing this in Brooklyn just makes it hit different. Keenan Thompson is going to be part of a new action comedy based on the podcast Unwanted. Unwanted centers on two degenerates who attempt to claim a one million dollar reward by capturing an escaped, convicted murderer, but that plan quickly unravels as they find themselves dangerously unprepared for the chaos that follows. Golf enthusiast Kat Williams is on the new episode of the PGA Tours Studio's Mindful series. Kat Williams opens up on how the game of golf has impacted and shaped him in an overall sense and congratulations too, great dramatic actor Adam Sandler, who for some reason is in this Spress release called the comedy ike us on that must be a typo. The American Society of Composers, Authors and Publishers you know them as ASCAP, announced that songwriter, movie star, and comedy powerhouse Adam Sandler be honored with the ASSCAP Founder's Award, recognizing his contributions to music and songwriting across comedy, film, and popular culture. Are we really doing that? Are you sure? Asscap? Can we give him an oscar for Ray Kelly? Don't reward the silly songs? What are you doing? Sandler will accept the ward at the twenty twenty six ASSCAP Experience that'll be at the Scriball Cultural Center in Los Angeles. Today. The ASSCAP Chairman of the Board and President, Paul Williams said, Adam is a giant of comedy and so many of his most hilarious on screen moments are based in music and song, from Operaman to the Hanukah song to Grow Old with You. Adam's genius ability to seamlessly blend comedy and music helps us all appreciate the wonders and absurdities of life and love. ASSCAP is honored to recognize Adam Sandlor for his singular contributions to the comedy music cannon. Previous recipients include Paul McCartney, Oh Boy, This press release is Gonna Kill Me from his famous SNL classics like the Thanksgiving song, Lunch Lady Land and Red Hooded Sweatshirt, Who Can Forget That One? To newer songs like as Chris Farley Jam and No Sailor skit is complete without a song to send the audience into fits. Oh it says sorry, fits of laughter. Adam Sandlor has released six albums, two went double platinum, and Sailor has earned three Grammy nominations. We got to stop with this. Give the man an oscar. You're rewarding the wrong part of this guy's career. Cut it out, boy. This show's a lot better than it was an hour ago. I'll tell you that this really came together from late nighter. They pulled the ratings for the late night talk shows. Let's see, I'm reading this cold. Star Trek ruiner. Stephen Colbert in first place, but January was down five percent from December. And now hopefully that's because people realize that Stephen Colbert is part of the problem. He is one of the horrible, horrible people destroying Star Trek. And this is why I am aligned with the President of the United States that Stephen Colbert's talk show must end. If you're going to do that to Star Trek, I'm going to come at you. Stephen Colbert. Tig nataro genius here Patton Oswalt two point six five million total viewers is down five percent from December. Johnny Mack takes Star Trek very seriously, Jimmy Kimmel in second with two point four to six, up three percent, and The Tonight Show starring Jimmy Fallon third place one point two two million viewers. Wow, so he's got half of Kimmel's audience. Fallon was down eleven percent. Let's look at the young people. Eighteen to forty nine Kimmel an average of two hundred and thirty one thousand viewers. So Kimmel had two point four to six overall. So if we subtract two thirty one, that means of the viewers two point one million of it call it or under eighteen or over fifty. Yikes, And I'm over fifty and I still say yikes. Colbert two twenty five fall one hundred and fifty six thousand viewers, down twenty two percent month over month. Wow. At twelve thirty Late Night with SETH Myers nine hundred and sixty eight thousand viewers overall, down two percent. Guess people weren't watching Late Night in January. Huh, eighteen to forty nine's SETH Myers has one hundred and twenty six thousand viewers. That is within Frisbee range of this dopey podcast, and this one's a lot cheaper to produce. I'll put it this way, I'm a lot closer to Seth than Seth is to Colbert Big shout out to your friend of the show, Jason Zenneman of The New York Times. He did a nice retweet for this program on his very popular threads account. Seemed he was interested in the Berbiglia Melaney John Marco discussion Jason had posted on his threads account, which is zennamon j comedy is middle school, even down to the secretive handwritten notes. Of course, so is everything else that is true, my friend. Now, right before I hit record today, I wrote back to Jason. Some folks were saying Mike Feeney, who I was unfamiliar with. Will Noonan has chimed in and wrote feoene as a saint in this house. End of story. Just for last Vancouver kicks off, Let's take a look at today's lineup. I really thought about going, but it's a little far The show I wanted to see David Letterman was on a Wednesday. If Letterman was on a weekend, I might have gone for it, but thanks to the Just for Last Vancouver people who gave us some great guests. We'll have Drew Lynch on this program on Sunday. And if you missed Ismao last Sunday, he was fantastic. If you're in Vancouver, say hi to my Chisholm from the Letterman podcast. You might see him standing on a street corner. He's gonna be doing some field reporting for this program. Joe List is at the Rio Theater at seven, and then Joe List is at the Biltmore at nine. If you want to see Joe List back to back in different rooms, that's different. I don't think I've seen that in the Comedy Festival before. At Gamble is at the Rio at nine. Okay, so we're just getting started. I guess if we were at the festival tonight, I would just stay at the Rio and I would see Joe List and then I would see Ed Gamble, which would be a actually really good night of comedy. Today's Thursday, so it's the final day of voting for this week's Comedy Survivor. I haven't been on the Facebook group yet to see what was going on, but last time I checked, there were a lot of single votes. I think this week's game is wide open if you're new to all this. We put sixteen comedians on Comedy Island and we're playing Comedy Survivor, a legally distinct parody of whatever you think we're parodying. It's legally distinct, totally different. Did I mentioned as a parody? So what you do? You should go to the Facebook group Daily Comedy News Podcast Group. You'll see a drawing of me and Jay Letto there, and then there's a thread and I'll tell you who's still on the island and who you can vote off, and I'll share the results on Monday. Congratulations to Adam Ernest piccard. Where is it Pickard? He doesn't spell it like the Starfleet Captain. He spells it pic k Ard, so maybe it's Pickard Anyway. He is the Captain of Puns. He's twenty two years old and he won the UK Pun Championship show with this pun. The song Greensleeves was composed by Henry the Eighth. Play some of it here, but it's not royalty free. Congratulations Captain Pickard, and I'm gonna leave you with this one. Sometimes the podcast just to amuse myself at google the word comedian, I see what comes up, and I learned that an ad agency has partnered with KFC Arabia to bring comedic chaos to the launch of the Korean Barbecue Twister. Apparently they gave comedian Juan Ho Chung free reign over the creative messaging recipe, antics and culturally aware storytelling. That's right, KFC Arabia has launched the Korean Barbecue Twister, and they want to know what happens when you give a bilingual comedian full creative control over your menu launch. The answer chaos, deliciously culturally aware chaos, and I have some audio for you. Have've clipped it a little bit, but you know, let's let this run.
Speaker 5: Wondering how things between KFC and one Ho ended up like this, let us explain. We made a Korean menu with everything drenched in barbecue sauce. Then we signed the only Korean guy on the planet who speaks Arabic. I have a knew well that logic didn't last long. From day one, one Hot started improvising, showed up wearing this wig, which by the way, isn't even Korean. So he tried his own thing on design and even put his touches on the recipe. At some point we completely lost him over one Kentucky Fried Chicken bother Korean right chicken. He named the podcast one ho On Barbecue Wow, just wow, and then he went on to build the toy line. Man, we aren't the ones with toys. Suddenly we found out about this arab K pop hit.
Speaker 2: Song, canes be not a wideo for it?
Speaker 5: Who approved this? He might ask? Nobody? Of course, Yeah, we kept going in circles and circles. What else could we do. It's Kentucky launching a Korean menu with an Arabic speaking Korean. It just made sense.
Speaker 2: And fun stuff from one who y young there who wants to rebrand KFC as Korean Fried Chicken. That is your comedy news for today. All right? If you got a thought about who's ripping who off? There's the Facebook group Daily Comedy News podcast Group. But I didn't do a post for it, but what if you could start a post. You're allowed to talk about things on your own, but to be curious who everyone thinks is ripping someone off? All right? I see tomorrow