Speaker 1: This is Gary and Shannon and you're listening to KFI AM six forty, the Gary and Shannon Show on demand on the iHeartRadio app. Israel says it's honoring the ceasefire agreed to with Iran after Prime Minister Benjamin nettna Who's conversation with Trump. Trump was pissed off when he left the White House this morning and not happy with either country at the moment. After putting his name on the ceasefire yesterday, Israel overnight accused Iran of violating its terms by launching more missiles. Iran denied that amid reports of explosions in the capital city of Tehran. Netnya, Who's office in Trump expressed confidence that the ceasefire is.
Speaker 2: Stable except for the Houthis.
Speaker 3: A senior political official and a spokesman for the Huthi militants in Yemen, said they are not bound by any ceasefire agreement and said that the military operations against Israel would continue until the aggression against Gaza stops and that siege is lifted. Tropical Storm Andrea to become the first tropical storm of the season in the Atlantic, about twelve hundred miles away from the Azores and moving east moving that direction, maximum sustained wins just about forty miles an hour.
Speaker 2: It's right on time.
Speaker 3: Usually the first name storm of the Atlantic season comes in, I think on average on June twentieth, so this would be within that window.
Speaker 2: But it's not gonna last. It should be pretty cool.
Speaker 1: Hey quick, if you are of my age, Brandy and Monica are hitting the road together.
Speaker 2: I just saw that on the toll Yeah, the Boy is Mine Tour.
Speaker 1: It's gonna stop in twenty four cities kicks off in October and Cincinnati, ends in Houston in December.
Speaker 2: That would be a fun night. Are you gonna what are you gonna go? I don't know.
Speaker 3: So speaking of the weather, there is something that, something incredible that happened at Lake Tahoe over the weekend. And when I say incredible, we were just watching a video during the break here that showed a time lapse is not the right word, but splices a video over the course of just a couple of hours on Lake Tahoe on Saturday afternoon, where it starts at about two two thirty in the afternoon, A couple of scattered clouds in the sky, but nothing real big and then the wind picks up, and I mean wind in Lake Tahoe is not unusual, and yeah, the lake itself can get pretty choppy. But by three three thirty, the clouds had come over and the wind was howling. They were talking forty forty five fifty miles an hour, so that swells on Lake Tahoe reached about eight sorry eight feet eight to ten feet was one of the estimates. Boats started wrestling free from their moorings. They were running into each other. There were people who were scrambling to get off of the power boats that were out on the lake and just basically running up onto the beach and then trying to get out of the boat because it was so dangerous to be out on the lake. There was one boat that officially went over, twenty seven foot crisscraft that went over, filled with tourists, and two more people have now been found dead, so the death toll from that specific boat is now eight people killed.
Speaker 1: Looking at the footage, it is unrecognizable as Lake Tahoe.
Speaker 2: No visibility.
Speaker 1: Waves crashing on the shore, six foot seven foot waves, boats just looking like toy boats and a bathtub, the sky dark. It does not look like Tahoe at all as those boats are crashing into each other, and it passes, and then it passes, and blue skies come back out.
Speaker 3: You guys again, the lake as clear and flat as ever.
Speaker 2: Tell me about the conspiracy thing well in just a second.
Speaker 3: So the meteorological explanation, at least what they're going with now is that it was a down draft associated with a severe thunderstorm that rolled through.
Speaker 2: That is not unusual.
Speaker 3: The up and down of the wind currents in a thunderstorm like that is exactly why airplanes don't want to fly through there, because it'll completely you know, wreck their ability to stay you know, aloft. And when the downdraft hits something like the lake the surface, it's going to go and spread out. And that's why the winds were so erratic at forty fifty miles an hour. But it's not weird. It's not a it's not a common but it's also not something that they couldn't figure out. It's not like I didn't know that that could possibly happen in Lake Tahoe. The weather modification weapon thread of that's what hit Lake Tahoe is pretty hot and heavy right now, is it somehow somewhere someone pushes the Dick Cheney weather modification button and that they targeted specifically Lake Tahoe to see if it worked.
Speaker 1: Why would they target Lake Tahoe? And what is this weapon? This is all new to You've never heard of weather modification. So there was a there was a whole discussion about whether or not that's an actual thing.
Speaker 2: Can can you somehow manipulate manipulate the weather as a weapon? Kim Trails.
Speaker 1: I'll just leave this right here.
Speaker 2: Elmer talked to me.
Speaker 4: Elmer, Well, I'm not an expert on it, but like I have heard it throughout the years.
Speaker 2: Okay, so you know about this, these theories of weather. Do you believe in it? I'm open to tell me more. What do you know that I'm with Elmer.
Speaker 3: I'm afraid to say too much about it because I don't want anybody to think that I believe it.
Speaker 2: I'm not open to it.
Speaker 3: I don't think there's such thing as a weather modification weapon that would target something like Lake Tahoe.
Speaker 1: Why wouldn't target Lake Tahoe, especially in Lake if it wor Yeah, but all the money that's lost from tourism and you're.
Speaker 3: Building a weather modification weapon you don't care about lost? What is not your goal? If you are I don't know, controlling something I don't.
Speaker 1: Know now googling it, which means I'm gonna get all the weirdo niche pockets of the internet advertised to me.
Speaker 2: You didn't have to weather modification.
Speaker 3: Remember I got male leotards yesterday on my That was all me.
Speaker 2: The goal. Mm hmmmm hmm. But you gotta share with us what's uh? You can't you control fear? That is something.
Speaker 1: Common methods include cloud seeding, which involves introducing substances like silver iodide into clouds to increase or suppress precipitation. Other methods include fog dispersal and potentially even influencing atmosphere proceeds like hurricane intensity. Historical examples, I love AI, don't you? Operation Popeye during the Vietnam War. This could all be made up too, because AI does that as well. Operation Popeye during the Vietnam War, the US military used cloud seating to extend the monsoon season over the Ho Chiman Trail, trying to disrupt enemy supply lines.
Speaker 2: Didn't read about Operation Popeye, did we?
Speaker 1: No? You didn't project storm fury a US government effort in the sixties to weaken hurricanes by cloud seating, although results were inconclusive.
Speaker 2: Oh Elmer was in the military. That's how he knows.
Speaker 5: Sh you're listening to Gary and Shannon on Demand from KFI AM six forty.
Speaker 1: I fell into this story over the weekend. She died years ago. Cold case. Seems like they've spent this time building the case against her husband, the timeline, the daughter's role in this as well.
Speaker 2: It's all very fascinating. We'll talk about it.
Speaker 1: They have now arrested him for the murder of his dead wife and this cold case.
Speaker 3: This is day twenty nine of the seanditty Combs trial. Prosecution's probably going to wrap up its case either today or tomorrow. The defense has said they're not calling any witnesses. Sean ditty Combe's defense attorneys said they're just going to submit evidence and expand on the issues that the prosecution brought up. The defense attorney, of course, we told you Tenny Garagus is Mark Arragos's.
Speaker 2: Daughter, right.
Speaker 3: I told the court that her team and the government each plan to take at least four hours for closing arguments.
Speaker 1: We are going to be talking about money, pissing people off. But first let's make money. Make you happy with your chance at one thousand dollars.
Speaker 5: Now your chance to win one thousand dollars. Just enter this nationwide keyword on our website. Check. That's check, C H E C K edwer it now at KFIAM six forty dot com, slash cash, Howardvice James Accident Attorneys. If you're hurting an accident. Winning is everything called the winning Attorneys at Sweet James one eight hundred nine million. That's one eight hundred nine million or sweet James dot com.
Speaker 3: Again, the keyword check goes on the website an hour from now.
Speaker 2: In fact, just about every hour, we give you a chance to win one thousand dollars.
Speaker 1: I was wondering why Fox News has this krawl of dedicated to the hot temperatures in summer, and now I'm realizing why. It's because they're based out of New York and wherever you're based out of it's the biggest news of the day, right whatever, the big news is where you are. And the temperature in New York City has reached one hundred degrees already today, well, I mean it's one o'clock. Kennedy Airport recorded one hundred degrees at midday, not the hottest time of the day.
Speaker 2: Yet.
Speaker 3: We talked before about the thirty dollars an hour minimum wage that is going to be imposed on hotels and airport workers, et cetera ahead of the twenty twenty eight Olympics.
Speaker 2: Hotel owners are.
Speaker 1: Payoss No, not just pissed. This is an untenable situation. You can't sustain paying thirty dollars an hour minimum wage when you're running a hotel where the margins are not large. Anyway, this is maybe good news for people who want to work under the table, maybe good for illegal immigrants, because that's the only way you're going to be able to run a hotel is by a wink wink, nod nod situation.
Speaker 2: If a thirty.
Speaker 1: Hour minimum wage is going to be sticking around, there's a.
Speaker 3: Couple of things that the hotel owners can do. Among other things, they are petitioning to suspend the new ordinance that was passed by the city. Several hotel owners are also calling up their lawyers and asking if they can pull out of the agreements that they had made to provide blocks of rooms during the Olympic Games. Some of them said they were all ready to get out of La simply because the governments of the municipal governments here make it too difficult to do their jobs.
Speaker 1: And you can't talk about this story without talking about the hypocrisy at city Hall where they're cutting, cutting, cutting all the departments, laying off people, realizing that they are strapped financially, while demanding that the business community pony up more money for their workers.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and you know that.
Speaker 3: Listen, the if you wanted to come to La and stay in one of these hotels anytime in the next four or five years, you're already paying a pretty penny because this is a tourist destination. So the prices for a lot of these hotels is going to be high anyway. But now you're going to be hit with what do you call higher resort fees or whatever they want to you know, whatever kind of fee or tax they're going to put on your room charge that's an extra forty five dollars a night that's not part of the advertised price. They're going to charge you sixty bucks a day to park. I mean, that kind of stuff is what's going to add up. And that's how they're going to make up the difference.
Speaker 1: If you have a stomach for it. Let's not let this crisis go to waste, shall we? With the Olympics coming in World Cup right as well? If you can, if you want to, you rent out that home of yours. You will make a killing, a killing. You and some friends decide that you're going to live together for a week, you rent out one of the homes, you will make a lot of money. You don't have the resort fee, you don't have the thirty you have a cleaning fee to charge.
Speaker 3: Well, you've just said something out loud, and now the La City Council and the County Board of Supervisors are going to go, wait a minute, maybe we should impose restrictions on short term rentals so that they do exist.
Speaker 2: But are they enforced not all the time.
Speaker 1: I'm just saying, if you want to make some quick money and you've got a place, and the Olympic are coming to town and people are going to be looking at best option, whether it's Airbnb or staying at the Omni downtown for six hundred dollars a night for a two hundred dollars a night place, I'm going to probably go with Airbnb and get a car and drive from Valencia to downtown.
Speaker 3: John Bortz is chief executive of Pebblebrook Hotel Trust. They owned two hotels in the city of La and several others in the LA area, and said, we would love to sell our hotels in LA, but nobody will buy them. Part of the reason is we've had one of the slowest recoveries from the pandemic among the top twenty five hotel markets in the country. When you adjust for inflation, revenue per available room is about fifteen percent below pre pandemic performance during the twelve month period that.
Speaker 2: Ended in April.
Speaker 3: Already, we're having a hard time recovering, and the city of La thinks this is the best way to make sure that they.
Speaker 1: Have ever They've never run a business, they don't know what the hell they're doing, and they want to do the popular thing. Oh you want more money, Oh it's not my money. Sure have as much as you want. It's ridiculous. A bunch of horrores. Era one. Have you ever been to an ara one? I went. I went for the first time in Pasadena about a month ago.
Speaker 2: I get it. It's beautiful.
Speaker 1: It's kind of a fun way to shop if you've got nothing but maybe somebody else's money. Like La City Council, it's very pricey. It is a beautiful shop. It's like a it's like a boutique grocery experience, is what it's like. We'll talk about it because now it's a tourist destination here in La.
Speaker 5: You're listening to Gary and Shannon on demand from KFI AM six forty.
Speaker 3: I want to pay off something that we heard about last month. For sure, Hey Gary.
Speaker 4: Shannon, I doesn't fright. I just want to let you guys know my son.
Speaker 3: Vince cashed in his Metallica tickets this past weekend.
Speaker 2: Yes, it was awesome.
Speaker 4: We even got upgraded till the sixteenth row instead of the third level.
Speaker 2: Great show, love your guys shows.
Speaker 4: Have a good day.
Speaker 5: Thanks.
Speaker 1: Oh that's the Metallica concert that he got to go to for like his house.
Speaker 2: Old was he No, he was younger. He was like twelve or something.
Speaker 1: Oh okay, I think and mom arranged it because Mom called back.
Speaker 2: Because you were like, how did he get out? Did dad get away with that?
Speaker 1: Mom's like I got the ticket something like that for Vince's birthday.
Speaker 2: My heart grew three sizes that day Gary two things.
Speaker 6: I know I'm not the sharpest knife in the drawer, but can you guys explain to me what is an acre feet or acre foot? And the other thing is Gary mentioned about the guy in New York that wants to be a mayor about not being too experienced. Well, what are the experience or what their qualifications to be mayor or for that matter, to be anyone in politics.
Speaker 2: See people come to us for the information, good questions.
Speaker 3: Acrefoot is a lot of water equivalent to three hundred and twenty five thousand gallons A lot of water, A lot of water like an acre an with a foot deep of water on it.
Speaker 2: Right, that's an acre foot? Right? Usually reservoirs. Is that a farming calculation?
Speaker 3: If you have a pond on your on your farm, I mean, if you need water to water your crops, you can well, I guess you could do it that way.
Speaker 2: It is. It is a unit of volume. Anyway, he makes a good point about running for mayor.
Speaker 1: You should just be a dude who lives in the community, maybe raising a family, with a job, who wants the city to be better.
Speaker 2: That should be the qualification.
Speaker 1: So I found it shouldn't have had to whore out yourself for three decades or two decades to get to that position.
Speaker 2: Absolutely, mayor of New York City. The requirements.
Speaker 3: You have to be eighteen, you have to be a US citizen, and you must be a resident of New York City for at least how long would you say you have to be a resident of New York City for how long?
Speaker 2: Four years? Thirty days? Okay? To run for mayor of that city. It's a city where people come and go. True, it's a city of immigrants.
Speaker 1: That's you come, you go, you stay, you make money, you leave, you come back. You look for your third act, like Anthony Wiener.
Speaker 2: I tried to find.
Speaker 3: I think the closest Arawon to where we sit right now is the one in Studio City. There's one over in Silver Lake, and there's one like you mentioned out in Pasadena area, but the Arawon Studio City is probably the closest to us. I still couldn't tell you where it is or what is in it.
Speaker 1: There was just an advertisement on a game show for this resort in Italy and it was called in Villa something or other, but it was called an olive oil resort, and I was like, yes, please, Why I love olive oils, all of the different flavors of olive oils, the different fields of olive oils.
Speaker 2: I love olive oil. Do they sell olive oil at Arawon?
Speaker 1: Oh? Yeah, yeah, so I've been. I went to an Arawon once, the one in Pasadena. It was a rainy day, I remember, and I walk in and it was such a juxtaposition between the rainy day and the beautiful, bright, colorful lights of arawan There are rules in this market.
Speaker 2: I don't want to say rules, but I felt.
Speaker 1: Like there was definitely a way to navigate the market, where to stand if you were ordering fresh food or whatever. It's an upscale, boutique grocery market where you pay through the nose. For instance, I saw a they have all these fresh soups in the mason jars, which are I love soups.
Speaker 2: And I went over there and I'm looking at this.
Speaker 1: I think it was like a tie tomato basil soup, spicy tie tomato baiale, and all like that sounds great rainy day, right, So I pick it up and I look at it and it is twenty three dollars and I thought to myself, I do love soup, but not for the price of what a filet mignon should cost me, you know what I mean. So it's that kind of a thing. If you like healthy foods, clean foods that are prepared that make it easy for you to eat healthy and eat clean, and it's efficient, and you've got f and you money, that is your place. I can see kids being attracted to it because of all of the aforementioned bright colors and boutique nature of it and the expensive nature of it, because kids like expensive, and I think that kind of is what it plays into. And when I say kids, I don't mean you know eight year olds, I mean you know twenty two to twenty four year olds that think it's really cool to go into a place like that where everything is it's like an apple store but food. Everything's very clean. Everything is like cleanly designed, you know what I mean.
Speaker 3: But it's not a giant is it a grocery store or it's like a small it's like a boutique grocery store.
Speaker 1: Okay, it's a small grocery store, but it's beautiful and you feel real good when you're walking around in there. The produce is gorgeous. The way everything is positioned. It's kind of like walking into a market in Tokyo, where every everything is about presentation, same thing in an Arawan.
Speaker 2: Everything is about presentation and color. But would people come all the way to La to go to Arawan.
Speaker 1: I've known people in Northern California that came down to visit and went to an Arawan to see what all the fuss was about, because it's a it's an La thing.
Speaker 2: It's like Gwyneth's goop Arawan.
Speaker 3: There are influencers hate the term. Got to use it so people know what we're talking about, who make Ariwana like a character in their influencing whatever they do, okay, And they're mad about these tourists, these Arawan tourists that come through.
Speaker 2: Are they ruining the ascetic of their erewon well.
Speaker 3: Meredith Lynch is a writer and an influencer who frequently talks about to influencer culture online.
Speaker 2: Sorry threw up a little bit.
Speaker 3: The Beverly Hills location, she says, is so much a stage now compared to what it used to be. So much about La for better or worses about being seen, and now Arawan is a place where people go and they get seen.
Speaker 1: That's unfortunate. It's just food, people, It's just food. It's going to end up in your toilet tomorrow. Okay, think about that when you're walking around.
Speaker 3: Paying for twenty three dollars.
Speaker 1: Well, and the thing is, as I was like thinking to myself, well, obviously you got to bring back the mason jar to recycle it, right, or maybe they give you money back if you recycle it, or do you just recite there?
Speaker 3: I had questions, Well, you gotta have you gotta have somewhere to put your moist, pulpy mother fungus that you're starting your kombucha with, don't you.
Speaker 1: Everything was just wildly overpriced there, and it was busy.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And I looked around.
Speaker 1: Instead of going like, oh, who's that, I looked around going who is that?
Speaker 2: Who's gonna buy that?
Speaker 1: Who has that kind of money to throw away on something that's going to end up in the toilet.
Speaker 3: President Trump has landed in the Netherlands for this week's big NATO summit. If you make some comments anywhere out of Air Force one, we'll roll on those.
Speaker 2: Swamp watches coming up at the top of the hour.
Speaker 5: Anyway, you're listening to Gary and Shannon on demand from KFI AM six.
Speaker 3: Forty, President Trump had landed in the Netherlands for the NATO summit. This is going to be dominated, of course, by talk of the peace deal.
Speaker 2: Sorry, the ceasefire deal.
Speaker 3: We won't call it a piece yet, but a ceasefire deal between Iran and Israel.
Speaker 1: Bobby Sherman has died Gary. This means a lot for people who saw him as.
Speaker 3: A I'm as familiar with Bobby Sherman as I am with Arawan teen.
Speaker 1: I heard of it teen idol in the late sixties, early seventies. Your mother would have known who Bobby Sherman is. Probably died age eighty one. He was diagnosed stage four I believe in March cancer.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: The British public has been told to actively prepare for war on soil around the UK. Newly published National Security Strategy said that they're going to have a test of the UK with a World War two style spirit needed to deal with growing threats, and that as of right now, tackling the danger of nuclear weapons would be more complex than it was even in the Cold War. They said that to warns that major powers like China and Russia are trying to gain an upper hand in outer space, cyberspace, the deep sea, and the Arctic and Antarctic polls.
Speaker 1: Hey, good news, since we don't really have time for much right now. The stock markets continue to rise as it appears more and more so that the worst of the conflict has passed. S and P five hundred, up one percent heading into afternoon trading, adding to a one percent gain for the index yesterday, now sitting about one percent away.
Speaker 2: From the February record high.
Speaker 1: This is quite the recovery from April's tariff mess that induced that selloff.
Speaker 3: I'm glad we don't have a lot of time, only because this story doesn't require a lot of time.
Speaker 2: Where were you last night? At about eleven fifty?
Speaker 1: I was actually, uh oh, actually it's probably ten ish when I decided to look into what love is Love Island is.
Speaker 2: Oh, no, you were in front of a TV.
Speaker 1: It was in front of a TV and you had a Love Island story that you regaled me with yesterday. And I've heard of Love Island talked about, you know, around and I had never watched the show, so I threw on episode one of the current season.
Speaker 2: It's everything that was cracked up to be huh.
Speaker 4: Oh my god, I say, pushin and listen. Yeah, the same story. I watched the first episode last night. Oh started talking about it right now. I was geeking.
Speaker 2: Okay, so did you finish the first episode? Yeah, I'm at like episode three right now. Okay, Oh boy.
Speaker 1: I did not finish the first episode. I but I was blown away by what I saw, and I am no thinking Violet. I watched the Trash of the Trash of the trash, and this man was next level.
Speaker 2: It's peak trash.
Speaker 1: Holy hell, it is peak trash peak. Yeah, I say peak is what is? What is the peak?
Speaker 2: If this is not it?
Speaker 3: No, No, I'm just saying peak means it's an elevated thing. I would say it's the absolute depths of the trash.
Speaker 1: If trash was a mountain and getting to the highest point was the peak, this would be sitting on top of that freaking mountain.
Speaker 2: But anyway, what's your point? Oh?
Speaker 3: So, last night, a woman out in sort of the Hollywood Hills area starts vandalizing a Porsche.
Speaker 2: You thought this was me?
Speaker 3: Yes, The lapd is called in, throw her in some handcuffs and stick her in the back of one of the police SUVs. She crawls from the back seat to the front seat and steals the police cruiser. Short chase they eventually she stops, gets out and is still on the lamb.
Speaker 2: Was it my sister?
Speaker 3: Probably not, because one of the main descriptions is A she's wearing handcuffs and B she's decked out head to toe in Raiders gear.
Speaker 1: I was just gonna say, because my sister and I there wasn't a handcuffs.
Speaker 2: But we snuck beer.
Speaker 1: We snuck COR's light into the NFC Championship game at Sofia on our person, which was pretty cool, so.
Speaker 7: We know how to get But I would also argue that if she was to jack a black if she was to jack a cop car, she would also don herself in raiders gear just to avoid capture.
Speaker 2: Throw off the sense.
Speaker 1: And I would like to defend this woman, oh boy, because in this great country of America, we do have a team called the Oakland slash Los Angeles slash Las Vegas Raiders, and they've seen some things. Those fans have been through it. And where are they at quarterback? Where are they this year? What do they have to show for their commitment to excellence?
Speaker 2: I argue nothing not much. They're like Iran.
Speaker 1: All of their nuclear sites have been imploded, and now what are.
Speaker 2: They gonna do?
Speaker 1: Throw a couple missiles at Denver, gonna go to Mile High and play footsie with Thunder the Horse.
Speaker 2: They have nothing to do, They have no choices to make. They are Iran. And so if one of their fans, one of the.
Speaker 3: Lesion Vegas Raiders, are the Iran of the national football.
Speaker 1: If she is going through it in anticipation of what is sure to be a very disappointing season, let her take the vehicle that she pays tax dollars for.
Speaker 2: Let her ride off.
Speaker 1: With freedom, because sometimes in this country, that is all we have.
Speaker 2: Sorry.
Speaker 3: Gary and Shannon will continue Swamp watch us up next right after this.
Speaker 2: You've been listening to The Gary and Shannon Show.
Speaker 3: You can always hear us live on KFI AM six forty nine am to one pm every Monday through Friday, and anytime on demand on the iHeartRadio app