Speaker 1: Ripped off.
Speaker 2: News need advice, so you don't have.
Speaker 3: Come running.
Speaker 4: Just as as as we can, Shooter's gonna help come MANX is the Troubleshooter Show.
Speaker 3: No Tom Martino, Hi, Tom Martino here, Welcome.
Speaker 2: To the show. Today is car Day, but that.
Speaker 3: Doesn't mean we only talk about cars, and we have experts standing by. Although we have no experts in house. Today, we have Deputy Day. I have all four of my deputy's in house, which means extra pizza. Then we have Shannon at the controls, and we have Loopy Kachina Calori taking your calls and producing the show.
Speaker 5: And Tom is actually paying for the pizza.
Speaker 2: Hold on, why am I Loopy?
Speaker 5: Well?
Speaker 3: I don't want to get into that right now. Oh okay, I'm not sure we can.
Speaker 2: Actually we can.
Speaker 3: Mimosash one oh Dragon said one. Okay, okay, I guess I guess those empty glasses were for show?
Speaker 2: What he said you had four? What for mimosas?
Speaker 6: Oh?
Speaker 7: Yeah, like I could function on four mimosas three h three.
Speaker 2: Seven one three talk. You know.
Speaker 3: I got a drunk call once from Kelly.
Speaker 2: I won't I won't.
Speaker 3: Get into it. It was a long it was funny. It was actually funny. Oh you see, she don't even remember it? What okay, Kelly, I won't talk about it. Chen and YouTube says, no sense. Have you ever made a drunk call or a drunk text? Have you ever done that and then regretted? It happens? You know, seriously there it's a thing, a drunk call. You get drunk, you think of a friend say oh oh you know, or you text an old flame or something. I've never done that, but I hear about it. By the way, morons, how you doing? I see the morons are up and they're climbing in numbers.
Speaker 2: YouTube.
Speaker 3: It's referral List, by the way, on YouTube. I have a channel, but I don't post on that channel. The Troubleshooter. What we do is we go to the Troubleshooter Show live and it's on referral List YouTube and again, welcome morons. Let me put my welcome on there. And then also we have Facebook, flunkies, but I don't know. Facebook is for old people. I'm told David has a problem. Oh no, actually, wa wait a minute, get my dinger ready. He's got good news, he said, what's happening, David? Is this from a previous call.
Speaker 2: Yes, Tom, how are you today? Good? How long ago did you call? David?
Speaker 1: I think it was uh, I think it was three weeks ago. My wife thinks.
Speaker 8: It was three weeks ago.
Speaker 2: I'm looking.
Speaker 1: You're not a rental that I had obtained a rental car in Houston, Texas on a.
Speaker 2: Two days where it was it in Florida?
Speaker 1: No, I live in Florida, but I was And it.
Speaker 2: Was six Oh, it was si XT. The rental car company was called.
Speaker 1: Sixth That's that's correct.
Speaker 3: And you sent us picks and they assessed you damages for regular little, tiny, tiny road rash that every car in the world has. And how could they possibly say you did all of those in one rental and not only that charge you for it. I'm positive that this is a scam. And we had other calls since then from Sixth and what what happened?
Speaker 2: Really?
Speaker 1: So that's interesting that you've had other calls.
Speaker 2: Yeah, since your call, we had others.
Speaker 1: Wow, Okay, So anyhow, I wrote them a letter saying I'm disputing their allegations that I did this damage and so on, and I did point out to them, I said, if you notice that the two headlights they have similar marks on either side, not on the vertical panel, but on a horizontal area. I said, it looks to me like it was a car washing issue or something like that. It's so small you'd never notice it. And they wanted to charge one thousand, three hundred and seventy one dollars for all the little blanshes. Yeah, yeah, whatever. And so the other day I got a letter from them saying that, dear madam or sir, we're writing to inform you that sixth a car rental agency, has decided to close the file and will no longer pursue financially for the damages to the guy.
Speaker 2: So they're giving up the ghost.
Speaker 1: They're giving up the ghosts. They apologize for any inconvenience.
Speaker 9: Would like to think, Wow, wow, are we allowed to give callers a dinger he needs?
Speaker 2: I think they heard about it on the show.
Speaker 3: I told people to call them, and I kept giving out the name and numbers. So let's do the dinger for everyone involved the caller the show.
Speaker 2: Do it.
Speaker 3: Channon, thank you very much too. So really that's good news. I appreciate that. David. Now you can have success as well. All you have to do is call us with a problem. Now not I can't help everyone, and uh sometimes I can, sometimes I can, depends on the problem. So what's on your mind today? Give us a call three oh three, seven to one three talk three oh three, seven to one, three eight two five five.
Speaker 2: I'm going to tell you what's on my mind.
Speaker 3: Two more apartment buildings have been taken over by gangs. Venezuelan street. Gangs are having their way with our law enforcement, our governor, our mayors.
Speaker 2: It is amazing. It's just amazing.
Speaker 3: So add to shoplifting and smashing grabs. Now add to it seizing personal property, going door to door collecting rent or kicking people out of their apartments illegally. How can that happen? Well, in Colorado, it's pretty easy. And in California. You know, here's what's weird. Both of those those states are a mirror of each other. That's because Polis, I think secretly admires Newsom and wants to be just like him. He doesn't quite have the hair, but he has everything else. I think that I think there's a little bromance going on there.
Speaker 2: I think he thinks that this.
Speaker 3: Guy is just fabulous, so he copies everything that happens in California.
Speaker 2: Have you noticed that?
Speaker 3: If we want to know what's going to happen in Colorado, look at California.
Speaker 5: Look so we're gonna go bankrupt too, Tom.
Speaker 3: California's not bankrupt, But a lot of people are leaving California and a lot of people are going.
Speaker 2: To leave Colorado. A lot of people are leaving Colorado.
Speaker 3: But I mean it's going to get to a point where more people are leaving that are coming in. But I mean, why is law enforcement letting this happen?
Speaker 2: Why? Why?
Speaker 3: I mean it's private property being seized by gangsters.
Speaker 2: Why is that happening? And what message is that sending?
Speaker 1: Well?
Speaker 10: I don't understand is the mayor of Aurora is a lawn order guye.
Speaker 2: You know what?
Speaker 3: I don't understand it at all. And no local media have you noticed it? No local media is covering No, I haven't. Has anyone seen it on local media? You won't see it on nine DNC news that's Democratic National Headquarters.
Speaker 2: It went viral. What it went viral? But did nine News cover it? I don't think so.
Speaker 3: You won't see it, But you don't see what's that.
Speaker 7: Fox News covered it, CNN covered it. Yeah, it literally went national.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I don't think you'll see it though in Denver. You won't see it in Denver. Let's see, I'm on nine news website.
Speaker 2: Is there one? Well?
Speaker 3: Actually no, no, no, no, hold on, there's I gotta be fair here.
Speaker 2: Nine news dot com.
Speaker 3: Aurora Mayor Mike Coffin and Denver Mayor Mike Johnson respond to concerns about Venezuelan gangs after a video at a Roar apartment complex circulated online. See they didn't see that's a sneaky way of covering it. They're covering a reaction.
Speaker 2: But they did.
Speaker 3: They never told us about the situation. Let's see what it says here. A video showing people carrying guns in the hallway of Aurora apartment complex is making rounds on social media. And listen to this and conservative media outlets with the narrative that the Venezuelan gang is taking over the building.
Speaker 2: Do you notice they made it.
Speaker 3: They diminished it right there, saying it's conservative media outlets making the case that the Venezuelan gang is doing it.
Speaker 2: Wow, oh, this is why they're covering it. Nine News.
Speaker 3: The Democratic National Committee is saying, Mike Kaufman and Mike Johnson said the situation is being exaggerated by the way Tom Yes.
Speaker 7: Dan Kaplis is actually going to have Mike Kaufman on today in studio.
Speaker 3: Good good to know that a former tenant shared a video of people carrying guns. Police have had this video for days and they have not said it shows members of the gang. See nine is an apologetic news organization. They haven't angled their local CNN. I swear to god, I have never seen more blatant bull crap in my life. Kaufman acknowledged that the residents of two or three apartment buildings are being intimidated by a Venezuelan gang, but said Aurora police are handling the situation and making arrests. Police said gang activity is isolated. Denver and Aurora leaders have said for weeks that trend drgoa however you pronounce it is in both cities, and that police are working to determine the extent of their operations. I'm reading from nine News the Democratic National Committee Thursday, after twenty four hours of intense national media coverage, Coffin and Johnson said the exaggerated and inaccurate news coverage is creating new risks it's overwhelming our nine to one to one system.
Speaker 2: See this is why nine is now covering it.
Speaker 3: They didn't cover it as a news story because they're gonna deny it, like they denied the Hunter laptop story, and how they deny everything against their narrative and during COVID.
Speaker 2: I mean, nine News has become a.
Speaker 3: Piece of trash. It wasn't organized and it had some detrimental effects. Oh that's all it is. I hope Dan really really holds his feet to the fire and then somehow that was gang activity. The fet the threat from TDA in Denver is smaller than many other criminal networks.
Speaker 2: So see nine news diminishing this.
Speaker 3: Don't worry, folks, they're only taking over one building or it's exaggerated.
Speaker 2: Hold on. I think both sides are in for a new awakening. Johnson said.
Speaker 3: The folks that came here looking for the American dream will find it. But those who came looking for chaos, I think they will have their worst nightmare. That's good, that's good. I mean all talk though, and of course they would appear on nine News because that is their narrative. It's you know, and here's what's really funny. I swear to God they will deny it, deny it, deny it, that their coverage is slanted. Yet every single person in the world cannot look at nine News and say that it's unbiased news.
Speaker 2: Ever, Ever, the.
Speaker 3: Closest to independent news you get here in town is Fox thirty one, Channel four, somewhere in between goes back and forth.
Speaker 2: Channel seven. I don't even know where channels is.
Speaker 10: One of our morons said that CBS Channel four has had the story on from the Penny for the past three days.
Speaker 3: Good, I mean, are they covering it accurately? Let me look at him?
Speaker 2: Are they?
Speaker 5: I didn't look at it, just I just relayed the message.
Speaker 3: Let's see, let's see. I mean, I guess I had a look before I criticized him.
Speaker 10: You know, one of my friends had his house robbed by a professional Venezuelan gang for over one hundred thousand dollars.
Speaker 2: How do you know it was? How do they know?
Speaker 10: Because they left the house and the only way they could have gotten in was through the highline canal, so they crossed town. Gang well because the cops holdman probably was, but they were so professional that they use they were able to get rid of the alarm system, they crossed the canal and actually had booties on, so they didn't bring any money into the house so it couldn't be tracked, and.
Speaker 5: All sorts of other things that pointed professional with Jay.
Speaker 2: What do you have to say?
Speaker 3: Jay?
Speaker 2: I know I got to take a break. What do you have to say, Jay?
Speaker 11: Oh, you might want to wait till after the break.
Speaker 2: If you got all right, I will hold on. We'll come right back.
Speaker 3: Go with a sure thing Denver's best roofer Excel Roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance check up free, no obligation. In comparison, call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three oh three seven to seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. Hi Tom Martino, your troubleshooter three oh three seven to one three eight two five five. Well we talked about this Venezuela and gang happening. Nine News diminishes it in their story. Of course, along with the politicians, they're carrying the narrative that is exaggerated and that it's not really happening, and that conservative conservative news outlets are the ones really spreading this false story.
Speaker 2: Jay, what's your comment?
Speaker 5: Thanks Tom, because this goes back aways.
Speaker 1: I was absolutely called a liar, screamed at, and hung up by one of the top.
Speaker 11: Show hosts on your station. When I said, I simply was quoting a friend of mine, and he is, in fact, and still is in fact, a deputy sheriff for Jefferson County. We were talking about how bad Aurora had gotten. It's terrible, it's beyond that. And he and I were talking and he said, you know, they're gang problems so bad, there's the death of these gangs. And I was speaking with your top show host on that passion there of yours, and he called me a liar.
Speaker 3: Well, I can't, I can't, Okay, I can't go back and talk about what they do on their show or.
Speaker 11: How Now, So now it's coming up that very top show host has to talk to the mayor after calling me a damn liar, hanging up on me, yelling at me, and the gangs are absolutely taken over. I want to hear this force and you can't even imagine.
Speaker 2: Okay, so you were hung up on well.
Speaker 6: It's horrible.
Speaker 11: Look what's going on is really bad and people.
Speaker 3: Mean but I understand that. But here's what happens in the news media. I'm just going to tell you what happens. There are some news media that will exacerbate and and and well they amplify what's going on if it looks bad for liberals and progress. Its very few, but they're you know, mostly Fox, and I think Fox thirty one locally is owned by.
Speaker 2: A conservative group.
Speaker 3: I forget what anyway, and I'm not saying that they're told to do it, but they just gravitate that way. And then you have the other news media, and they tend to exaggerate and amplify stories that make conservatives look bad. It's back and forth. I swear to you, it's back and forth. They each have their own narrative. If you look at the reporting about the Kamala Harris interview on CNN, you would think she's the second Coming. She's a female Christ, she is going to heal everything in the world, and she has momentum now and she's talking about issues and she is going to save America and turn the page.
Speaker 2: If you look at Fox.
Speaker 3: And a few others and listen to conservative talk radio, you will swear to God she was a bumbling idiot and couldn't put a sentence together. Neither one of those two things are true. But somehow we don't. We don't know how to filter.
Speaker 2: We don't.
Speaker 3: We pick a side and we stick to it, and then we go for what we call confirmation bias. We only gravitate toward people and news and reports that tend to support our position.
Speaker 2: That's the way we do it. That's just life.
Speaker 3: But I swear to God, I mean, by the way, CBS four did a much better job reporting on this Venezuelan street game and the previous stories than nine News.
Speaker 2: I don't know why. Here, here's what I believe.
Speaker 3: There's nothing wrong with a private news organization or a private I'm not even gonna call them news, a media outlet. There's nothing wrong with a media outlet wanting to push their agenda, nothing wrong at all, but they should be upfront about it. Nine News masquerades as journalism.
Speaker 2: It's not it's not.
Speaker 3: Oh, some of their stories are, by the way, some of their stories do pretty good. Other consumer kid he's he's a good kid. He does good stories. And they do other stories about you know, like fires and murders and crime.
Speaker 2: They'll they'll do that.
Speaker 3: But if the stories get anywhere near political, they take a side. Look at their coverage and tell me I'm wrong.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 3: They like bragging about there. You know how big they are and how they're number one the ratings and.
Speaker 2: All of that.
Speaker 3: But here's the deal. They are one sided. I don't care what you say. And then other outlets are one sided in other ways. That's that's just life. We're not going to have unbiased reporting anymore. We're never It's never gonna happen again. That's my prediction. It will never happen again. When I tell you, I, honest to God, don't care about any narrative whatsoever.
Speaker 2: I don't care.
Speaker 3: I just want to talk about things happening. I mean it now. I'm not news obviously, you know, and I don't purport to be. I'm an advocate. I go out and I pick people to help I I like to put it this way. I unbiasedly collect information and then I decide who side I'm going to be on.
Speaker 5: Now.
Speaker 3: Sometimes I can decide that pretty quickly. Sometimes it takes me a while to get the information I need. Three three seven one three eight two five five. By the way, waterpros dot net you have a great, great company for the best water systems at the lowest prices that I know. I'm gonna tell you this, okay, bottom line, you can get for thirty one ninety five the best deal I've ever seen. That's reverse osmosis, drinking water, that's softening, that's a whole house system. Thirty one ninety five. You must book it. It doesn't have to be done, but you must book it before.
Speaker 2: Labor day. So I guess you don't.
Speaker 3: I don't know if they're open on the weekend, but you can try three oh three eight. Let me just get the number, water Pros three oh three eight six y two five five five four. Go with a sure thing Denver's best roofer Excel roofing dot com.
Speaker 2: You don't pay a cent until you're.
Speaker 3: Contenth time for an insurance check up free, no obligation. In comparison, call Compass insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance company. Please find out now three all three seven seven to one. Help you'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three all three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. Hi Tom Martino, your troubleshooter three O three seven to one three talk three oh three seven one three eight.
Speaker 2: Two five five.
Speaker 3: Okay, let's talk about your life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness. First, I want to talk about the worst cars.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 3: Consumer Reports and other consumer agencies, including market research companies like a mourning consultant and things like that. What they do is take sentiment of people who own cars, and they come up with a list of uh reliable cars and cars that people hate and the worst cars and the best cars and the reliability concerns have been published all over the place and they range from luxury cars to mainstream car makers.
Speaker 2: Ford and Chevrolet.
Speaker 3: Have basically the worst record, unfortunately so, but BMW, Honda, Subaru, Toyota.
Speaker 2: Not on the list of ugly hateful cars.
Speaker 3: Now according to Consumer Reports, the worst scores where the twenty twenty one PACIFICA It's a hybrid A Chrysler Pacifica, the twenty twenty one Jeep Wrangler and the twenty twenty three Nissan Frontier or the twenty twenty two guess what Rivian and the twenty twenty one Volkswagen Jetta. See, they get absolutely right down to the specific years. So evs are considered in general by consumers less reliable.
Speaker 2: That's what people feel now.
Speaker 3: Again, I don't know if they are, but the consumer sentiment is that they are less reliable.
Speaker 2: I feel exactly the opposite. Now.
Speaker 3: I don't own one, but I don't now well, actually I do own one. My son I got him one, and that car there's nothing to do to it. I mean, there's actually not even any regular service intervals. Doc, you just bought one, so you're kind of new. My what are your services like, Hynda? It's nothing just ten year, ten thousand. It's a ten year, one hundred thousand mile warranty on the battery and there's really nothing else that can go wrong except maybe breaks, which apparently we're down a little bit faster because of the weight of the car. But it says not a defect, it's just a routine maintenance. Now, according to consumer reports and their surveys. Now, remember, surveys are as accurate as people report. I don't think people lie on surveys, but I also think surveys tend to be responded to mostly by people with an axe to grind or they want to be heard normally, really truly, if in fact, you do not have a beef and you love something, you actually are less likely to respond to surveys because you have no concerns the wait, let's just talk to Steve and I'll go back to this. Steve, what's going on with you?
Speaker 6: Tea?
Speaker 12: I was just well, I've got a little issue.
Speaker 2: Don't you help me with some that is?
Speaker 12: I just got a call from a collection agency and pertaining to a date of service back in October of twenty twenty, and it appears that it's some doctors group acute care partners. I never received any invoices or any communication for anybody.
Speaker 13: They just went street to collections.
Speaker 14: I'm wondering, if I want to ask a few questions, is it a legit bill that I don't know you have?
Speaker 3: No, you don't recognize the bill at all. Ever, that you never went to the provider.
Speaker 14: As far as I know, back in October twenty. I don't remember ever going to provide this was October. It's a bill from four years ago. October you said, of twenty twenty, correct, okay?
Speaker 2: And what is it for? What in a service?
Speaker 12: It doesn't the invoys from the collection company, doesn't state what it was for, doesn't give me any details, doesn't show me any eob information.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 12: It just says U fifty dollars.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 3: I looked at it and they don't say what it's for. There's no information whatsoever. Have you contacted them.
Speaker 12: Well, they got they actually got me on the phone yesterday.
Speaker 3: And what did and did you ask for specifics? I sure did and what did they say?
Speaker 12: And the collection company said, we don't will have to get that information.
Speaker 5: We don't have it available.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 3: Now they have to give you documentation. They may not like it, but they have to now. If they don't, they might say something like this, we'll see you in court or we'll just collect it. But remember they can't collect a dime until they take you to court. No one can collect a dime from you. They have to get a judgment. So the good news is you're going to find out what it is and if it's legit or not, and if it's not, it's going to go away.
Speaker 2: That's the good news.
Speaker 3: So if it's a medical bill and it just surface from a collection agency, they don't have to notify you that it's going to collections. They don't technically even have to collect from you. If you have a bill doing owing and your insurance didn't pay it, or and you're responsible for it, you just have to be notified once, just once, and that notification could be, you know, given to you at the doctor's office. Even but people are under the false impression that they need to have multiple warnings or warnings before it goes to collection.
Speaker 2: In essence, collection is your warning.
Speaker 3: Now what I'm saying is you know whether you were warned or not doesn't matter, So forget that as your defense. And what I would strive to do is get documentation. And the way I approach these is very simple. I say, listen, I believe in paying all my legitimate debts. Simply let me know what this is. It may have it may have gone under the radar. I doubt it, but I'd like to see it and I'd be happy to.
Speaker 2: Pay it if it's legit. Any good collection agency will cooperate with that, and if not, it's not legit. Okay.
Speaker 3: If they don't give you a documentation, simply ignore it.
Speaker 5: Okay.
Speaker 12: What about the requirements for timely filing with the insurance and it's clearly passed you that if they.
Speaker 3: Don't have a requirement, they don't have a requirement to do anything you do.
Speaker 12: No, No, the provider accept that the insurance is a form of payment, and then there's a contractual agreement there that they'll file it.
Speaker 2: Listen, so many days, where where where is that agreement?
Speaker 3: You actually have an agreement because you said you didn't even know what it was.
Speaker 12: So well, most most most providers have you know, if they accept insurance, they have a contract with that insurance to accept certain rates for certain services and timely filing and all those I.
Speaker 2: Listen, here's what I'm saying. Listen carefully.
Speaker 3: This is really important if a provider decides to take it on the filing. Accepting and filing are two different things. When they have a contract to accept the insurance coverage and the approved amounts, they are not taking on the obligation to file it correctly for you.
Speaker 2: They will only do that if they tell you they're going to do that.
Speaker 3: And if they tell you they're going to do that, then obviously they should do it.
Speaker 2: But you're you're confusing things.
Speaker 3: An insurance company doesn't say to them, if you take my cover bridge, you.
Speaker 2: Must do this, this, and this.
Speaker 3: All they say is this, here's the approved amount for the procedure. Now, consumers can put in their own claims.
Speaker 10: But you can't balance tho. In other words, if a procedure normally costs US, say five hundred dollars, and you have an insurance such a through Medicare, and at page two hundred and eighty, the doctor cannot bill you another two hundred and twenty.
Speaker 2: They can't balance bill.
Speaker 3: They can't if they can't balance bill if they have a contract with the coverage except for Medicare, they can never do it in Medicare. But when it comes to United Healthcare, if they don't have a contract with United Healthcare at all and you go to them, they can hold you responsible for one hundred percent of it. But if you're asking, what if I end up owing the money and now it's too late for me to put it through my insurance.
Speaker 2: That could be a problem.
Speaker 3: Then you'd have to go back and re search why it wasn't submitted and whose responsibility it was. Don't automatically assume it was their responsibility. Go with a sure thing Denver's Best roofer Excel Roofing dot com.
Speaker 2: You don't pay a cent until you're content.
Speaker 3: Time for an insurance checkup free, no obligation comparison call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out Now three O three seven to seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the Real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two.
Speaker 2: Hi Tom Martino One.
Speaker 3: Clear Choice Garage Doors for your garage door needs great people, personalized service, twenty four to seven emergency service. They are factory authorized for most garage doors, A lot of people aren't, so they can do any part of the door. They can also do the openers, including the newest openers, like those sidewinders without.
Speaker 2: All that crap above the door. I love it.
Speaker 3: I have it, battery backups, Wi Fi, they do it all one Clear Choice Doors dot Com. That's where you find prices too one clear choice doors dot Com. Okay, Gary, as a transmission issue, we may have to get Kevin online. Kevin couldn't make it to the studio, but he's standing by. He's at his shop today. Go ahead, and so is Jeff Pick. I believe Gary. What's going on, Jeers?
Speaker 15: I'm calling in regards to a twenty ten Kia Sorrento.
Speaker 2: What's going on at.
Speaker 15: Under a heart acceleration between first and second gear? Italy emit a white smoke out of the tailpipe for maybe five or ten seconds and then clears up.
Speaker 2: Yes, yes, yes, question is what it sounds? Okay?
Speaker 3: It sounds like obviously, and it's only under load right correct? All right, We're gonna get our expert on. I want you to hang on. Okay, let's get Kevin Caulkin on a Kachina or Jeff Pick or one of our experts, or we can get our smarts Wise Alex Wise guys from the springs. We got great guys down there as well, so stay tuned for that and more. I'm Tom Martinez three O three seven one three eight two five five go with a sure thing Denver's best roofer Excel Roofing dot com.
Speaker 2: You don't pay a cent until you're contenth.
Speaker 3: Time for an insurance check up free, no obligation. Comparison call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three oh three, seven to seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance eight nine two zero sixteen twenty two.
Speaker 5: Ripped up.
Speaker 2: News need advice so you don't.
Speaker 6: Have come, run in just as fast.
Speaker 16: As we can.
Speaker 4: Shooter's gonna help, coming man.
Speaker 16: This is the Troubleshooter Show.
Speaker 3: No Tom Martino, Hi, Tom Martino, You're troubleshooter. Three oh three seven one three talk THREELL three seven one three.
Speaker 2: Eight two five five. Welcome to the show.
Speaker 3: What is happening in your life? How can we help you? We'll get right to the phones now. On reliability studies for cars I was going to get to there are a lot of them on the non reliable scale, according to consumer reports and other consumer.
Speaker 2: Agencies and surveys. Audies have won two three four entries, the eight, the A three, the A six, the Q three and the E Tron. Buick has the encorees. Cadillac has the XT four.
Speaker 3: These are dissatisfaction among general dissatisfaction among owners are a majority or let's just say bad ratings. How about Chevrolet Blazer, Bolt, Cruise, Malibu, Subaru, Tahoe Traverse, the Chrysler Pacific Hybrid, Town and Country Dodge, the Grand Caravan Ford, the Escape, the Escape Hydrid Hybrid, the Explorer of the Expedition, the F one fifty Hybrid, the F two fifty, the Mustang GMC Arcadia, Akadia I mean Yukon, Yukon Excel, Hyundai's the Ionic, the Kona Electric, the Santa Fe, Sport, Sonata and Tucson.
Speaker 2: With Jeep. Basically just says the Cherokee, Gladiator, Grand Cherokee and Wrangler, the Griffin. What's that I have? Oh? You do good?
Speaker 3: With the Kiya you have Nero and Soul Mas has a c X nine on it. These are bad cars or bad satisfaction ratings. Mercedes spends the C class. Do they give the years, Tom because.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they give, they give years.
Speaker 11: They do.
Speaker 2: I just didn't go through. All of them are really recent years.
Speaker 5: Mike ConA was twenty twenty one, not the new ones.
Speaker 2: You got a twenty twenty one dissatisfaction?
Speaker 5: Was it the twenty Oh.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you're right, you're right, not the one I bore. Most of these are twenty threes. Yeah, you're right.
Speaker 3: I should give years. The Rivian for example, the twenty twenty two, the Tesla mode less they say, basically from nineteen to twenty one, the X from eighteen twenty two. Anyway, you can find these at MSN dot com as well.
Speaker 2: Summed up three oh three seven one three. Talk Gary, what's going on with you? Hello? Gary?
Speaker 3: I have Griffin with me, and Griffin ashes from Colorado Spring seas from action, I believe, and so let's talk Gary about your problem. Griffin's listening.
Speaker 15: Okay, it's a twenty ten Kia Sorrento.
Speaker 2: Twenty ten Kia Sorrento.
Speaker 3: Got it, and it emits you say it emits black smoke?
Speaker 2: Right?
Speaker 15: Oh no, it's white smoke.
Speaker 3: I mean that's what I meant, white smoke when it's underload of acceleration. Correct Now, from what I can find out, that's could be oil leaking into the combustion chamber or even coolant.
Speaker 2: What do you think, Griffin?
Speaker 17: Yeah, so if I'm not mistaken, Kia Hundai had the kind of had a massive problem with engines on on those on that model on those model years. It was, it was over a period of years. I'm looking up some information right now. Is it does it have any lack of power or anything? Or does it drive good? Just put that a lot of smoke?
Speaker 15: No, that drives fine. There's no indication of any problem other than the smoke.
Speaker 17: Okay. And what kind of Kia was that?
Speaker 2: Sorrento I believe, right, Sorrento, Yeah, Sorrento.
Speaker 17: Oh yeah yeah, if it's he said it's a twenty ten.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yes, yeah.
Speaker 17: I'm not seeing an option for that here in my in my system.
Speaker 3: So that but in general, in general, what is it? In general? Is it an oil leak or a coolant leak?
Speaker 17: Yeah? So if it's white smoke, you know, be indicative that you're you're burning Coolant's like maybe you have a head gasket failure, and so a vehicle can run fine as a head gasket is failing and blow a bunch of white smoke out. Blue smoke would be an indication of burning oil.
Speaker 2: Okay, yes, so how.
Speaker 17: Is your coolant level?
Speaker 2: Have you.
Speaker 17: Have you noticed that you're having to fill it up or is it going down?
Speaker 15: No, there's been no problem on that. It has been known to use oil between oil chains.
Speaker 2: How much oil.
Speaker 15: Probably a quart in five thousand miles.
Speaker 2: That's not a lot, is it.
Speaker 17: No, it's that's fine. But what I the reason I wanted to do with the exact car is because I wanted to see if there was a technical service bulletin for it and and see if if you had to path forward there because they were warrantying these engines and people were they're getting a whole engine replacements from Kia.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but I don't believe they went back that far to twenty ten. Yeah.
Speaker 15: I may be wrong on the year. It maybe at twenty and eleven.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I bet they're not going to go back more than you go back that far.
Speaker 17: It's over ten years. Yeah, I would. What I would do is have you actually looked at the at the coolants, not just the reservoir, but actually opened the cap and looked inside to see if if your coolant level is low.
Speaker 15: No, I've not done that. I've always looked at the reservoir to this point.
Speaker 17: Okay, Well, that's a good indication there, but nothing else is jumping out at me with with.
Speaker 2: But emitting smoke of any kind is not normal. Can we say that?
Speaker 17: Well, yeah, and you're just trying to figure out where.
Speaker 5: It's coming from.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and it's.
Speaker 17: Coming out the exhaust right.
Speaker 15: Correct kind of startup or just want to heart accelerate?
Speaker 17: Huh? Yeah, that that seems like that seems like it could be a head gasket issue, as when it's underload, it's working harder. That's in the coolant's really escaping through where that head gasket may be split and burning off. So that's you know, in any shop can run it's called a block test to go ahead and check if there's combustion fumes in the cooling system.
Speaker 12: Ah, all right.
Speaker 17: They want to tell that you want to get the shop as much information without overwhelming them as possible, so let them know, hey, this is when it does it. That way, they can try to mimic that would that throw.
Speaker 3: A code of any kind with that old of a car and that that symptom would that throw a code?
Speaker 17: Well, so codes go all the way back to you know, the eighties actually, but they became standardized in nineteen ninety six. So yes, it would have a code if it was if it had a driveability problem, it will set a code. Are you having any codes or any lights? Pop on?
Speaker 15: Nothing coming up on the dash. But I have not actually had the computer checked as to fit storing any codes.
Speaker 17: Yeah, so typically it's only going to store a code once it's set a code, unless it has an option for a pending.
Speaker 2: I don't know if it does well, Gary, where are you located, Littleton? We just go to referral list dot com.
Speaker 3: We got really good shops and uh you know, I mean, you know, just just look around your area there from referralist dot com.
Speaker 2: And Griffin ash by.
Speaker 3: The way, is with Action Automotive in Colorado Springs and he's a self proclaimed best looking auto technician.
Speaker 2: But Griffin, the jury's still out Bro's dispute.
Speaker 17: We gotta have a contest.
Speaker 2: Okay, we got more coming up.
Speaker 3: Go with a sure thing Denver's best roofer Excel Roofing dot com.
Speaker 2: You don't pay a cent until you're content.
Speaker 3: Time for an insurance check up free no obligation comparison call Compass Insurance. Pay too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three oh three seven seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate man dot Com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. Hey, today is car Day, but you don't have to talk cars. Our car experts are available by phone.
Speaker 2: And we also have I call it Deputy Day. It's the first Deputy day where I had.
Speaker 3: Him all in the same studio at the same time, with this brain power. Oh my god, if a bomb ever went off in this studio, what would happen?
Speaker 2: We'd be left with only Mark. Oh my god, what would happen?
Speaker 1: Then?
Speaker 2: Anyway, we'd have.
Speaker 3: To have Sue's takeover three oh three seven to one to three talk. I haven't checked in with my morons lately, says.
Speaker 2: It says.
Speaker 3: Somebody heard you say Doc can't remember when he took his last bath.
Speaker 5: Tell them I can't remember when I took my lest Somebody.
Speaker 3: Wants to introduce the people in the studio. Okay, So as you're looking at the camera, because I'm looking at I mean as you're looking at YouTube, I'll tell you so. In the foreground, the one with his the back of his head. That is dak or Chopper. Okay, that's Chopper. We call him that because he's a retired police helicopter pilot. And then as you go to screen left, you have in the foreground Scott or Deputy Dollar. And then to his left, which is the furthest to the left on the screen, but in the back that's Deputy Bow. And then you have Deputy Doc in the green shirt screen right. That's the screen shirt right, I mean the screen shot there. And then of course I'm behind the mic and you see him waving and.
Speaker 2: There's a delay. There's a delay.
Speaker 3: When you watch and you in the studio doing it live, but you guys are seeing it as I'm talking about it. Three all, three, seven, one, three eight, two five five. If you have a problem, question or complain, give us a call. And I'm also talking about other things like this one here Richard Simmons.
Speaker 2: I didn't know this.
Speaker 3: His autopsy showed at the time of his death he had a broken leg, multiple contusions.
Speaker 2: Cuts, and bruises. What's a contusion?
Speaker 5: Doc? Basically what we used to call black and blue mark.
Speaker 2: Why does he have all these bruises and bruises? Huh.
Speaker 5: I don't know what I left him.
Speaker 2: He was fine and a broken and a broken leg.
Speaker 3: Now they say he fell a couple days before or a day before and didn't want any medical attention, and and maybe he had broken his leg, didn't man anyway, no one is alleging he was beaten or anything. Uh, but they're saying he probably had multiple falls. And what I'm being told is.
Speaker 2: That falls are right up there with heart attacks and strokes. Falls are a big part of why older people die.
Speaker 5: Absolutely.
Speaker 12: True.
Speaker 10: They break you know, they break a hip, they go into the hospital, they get in pneumonia and they die from that.
Speaker 3: And with all kidding aside, I'm going to tell you something right now, because I am getting older and everybody is.
Speaker 2: By the way, everybody's getting.
Speaker 3: Older, right You remember Mark and Sue's had all those people come on from my seventieth last year, we'll do the math.
Speaker 2: It's a year later.
Speaker 3: So anyway, here's the bottom line. Your core is so important to you. Your core strength and a really good practice for you. If you can't do it, it's very difficult to learn how to do it afterwards if you haven't.
Speaker 2: Been doing it.
Speaker 3: But a really good practice to see your core strength.
Speaker 2: Is if you can get up.
Speaker 3: From a sitting position on the floor. You can sit any way you want on the floor. You can sit with your lake sideways, Indian squat, whatever you want, and then get up without using your hands. Now, if you can do that, you have superior agility and strength superior. There are a lot of younger people that can't do that. You sit on the floor anyway you want.
Speaker 2: You know, you can sit on your butt, sit on your side, sit any way you want, but get up without using your hands now or then next, try to use your hands as little as possible.
Speaker 3: And when it comes to to health, and I do this through research, through personal experience, and also through my many many years of just being compulsive about this studying this stuff. There are three components to health and fitness, okay, And one is pliability or stretching, because you can get as many injuries from not being stretched and pliable, so stretching is very important. That's why yoga's really good. And yoga does some strength training too, but yoga's really good for stretching. So long as you don't hyper stretch or overstretch. Stretching is really good. The next thing I will not next, I'm not putting these in order. Muscle strength, resistance training, muscle strength, so different parts of your body, of different muscle groups, you should work.
Speaker 2: You can do it any way you want.
Speaker 3: Then they should be rested at least the day in between, sometimes more the older you get. So if you do a combination of stretching and muscles, that's really good. And then the third one, of course, is what aerobic or breathing or vigorous exercise. It doesn't have to be underweight. It can be a cycle, it can be swimming, swimming streat it can be walking, but getting your heart rate up. Those three components are best for you. Those three components. In fact, I don't know if there's a fourth one is that. I mean, that's it now. One thing people do in they exercise too, is they don't exercise their small muscles. They exercise their big muscles. When you do bicep curls, triceps, when you do shoulders, when you do whatever, you do your your abs, your lads. When you're doing these exercises, a lot of times you're just doing the big muscles because that's all there is there. And to get to the small muscles, you would have to do something tricky like, for example, you stand on the flat part of a half circle. If you're just seeing those rubber half circles with the flat part, you know what I mean? A half a half ball, right, and that the half that's flat you stand on, so the ball keeps you a little off bound. You balance on that ball with two feet and then do an The weight of this is not important. This is for the small twitch muscles in your legs. You stand on that ball and you can use anything and do some bicep curls or do some overhead presses. That weight's not important here. You're not doing those muscles that you have. The weight in that's just to keep you off balance, so you're forced to balance, or you can stand there and just do arm movements. But you stand on that ball and that helps small twitch muscles in your abdomum and your legs. Another thing are these vibrating plates.
Speaker 2: They're wonderful.
Speaker 3: You can just stand on a vibrating plate and you can do squats. You can do one legged. You stand on one leg for thirty seconds, the other leg for thirty seconds. You don't have to do anything except stand on there. What that does is that vibrating plate is microscopically working your small twitch muscles. Small twitch muscles are very important because they trigger the big muscles and.
Speaker 2: They have to be strong as well.
Speaker 3: You can also so what you're looking for is balance as one of them. Vibration would be good for it, and anything like that you can do would help.
Speaker 2: You with the small and the big muscles.
Speaker 3: Three oh three, seven to one to three talks our number seven one, three, eight, two five five.
Speaker 2: There are a number of art.
Speaker 3: Now I'm going to talk about some intellectual property IP. Intellectual property, there's something called public domain and fair use. That's when you can use something or quote from it or musical clips in what's called fair use. Fair use would be if I said I love Paul McCartney and you know, he's just such a good songwriter, and in the background you hear Paul McCartney song, that's fair use. You only use a certain amount of it, and you're talking about him, you're not using it. For example, if I said I love Paul McCartney and Shannon starts playing yesterday, he's such a great songwriter, this is one of his best songs.
Speaker 2: That's fair use.
Speaker 5: Is it for informational and educational purposes.
Speaker 2: You're talking about it.
Speaker 3: But if I said, I remember when I was a young man and I was facing many challenges, and then Shannon starts playing Yesterday, that is enhancing me and my presentation, that's not fair use.
Speaker 2: See, there's a difference.
Speaker 3: Fair use is when it's in context with what you're talking about, not used to enhance what you're doing. Now, why do I bring this up Because virtually every single star and composer and musician, virtually every one of them except Lee Greenwood is suing Donald Trump for using songs. Not one of them wants him to use their songs in his appearances.
Speaker 2: He's used.
Speaker 3: Let's see, hold on, I'm coming, hold on, I'm coming, okay from Isaac Hayes.
Speaker 2: Isaac Hayes is passed away. His estate is suing but I looked into it.
Speaker 3: He is facing court action or demand letters for to cease and desist from.
Speaker 2: Every single artist.
Speaker 3: God, that's how much they hate him, every single one except Lee Greenwood, who, of course, I'm proud to be an American.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 3: Kid Rock, I didn't Actually I don't know about kid Rock. Actually, I mean do they? I mean Kid Rock's not suing him. But I mean, does he use kid rock music?
Speaker 2: I think he does. I wonder what he uses from kid rock. That would be apropos.
Speaker 3: But in any case, it's it's a big deal. Hollywood is up in arms. I don't know if you call it Hollywood. But wherever music I don't know what the music capital is, but they're up in arms. Nashville, not yeah for some of it, Detroit for some, What are some other New Orleans? What are some other music capital? There are a lot of music capitals, aren't there? Chicago, New York, I guess anyway, So they say they never gave permission and they do not want him using anything to do with them. Now, this is something that I find shocking. You remember I said I want either an electric vehicle or a gasoline vehicle.
Speaker 2: I don't want a hybrid.
Speaker 3: Why did I say that? Because I don't want to worry about two systems?
Speaker 6: Right?
Speaker 5: Two systems?
Speaker 2: Okay?
Speaker 3: According to this study from Consumer Reports, electric total electric vehicles have seventy nine percent more problems than gasoline vehicles. I don't I don't get it. What could it possibly be? I mean, an electric car is a battery and a motor. How can they have seventy nine percent more problems? Now I don't look at I can't say I disagree because I don't have any data.
Speaker 2: Now, listen, is hybrids.
Speaker 3: Have twenty six percent fewer problems than gas vehicles.
Speaker 2: Now, how can that be.
Speaker 3: If they're gas and have twenty six percent fewer problems? Yet they have electrical systems and electrical cars have seventy nine percent more problems. How does a hybrid taking both of them have twenty six percent fewer problems?
Speaker 2: That? I just don't understand it at all.
Speaker 3: However, here's the one big caveat with hybrids. A plug in hybrid is a totally different animal. I didn't even know there was. I knew they call them hybrids are plugged in. I didn't know that two different things. A regular hybrid doesn't get plugged in. It charges. When you drive a plug in hybrid, you can plug it in and charge it, right, That's the difference.
Speaker 5: That's why they call it a plug in hybrid.
Speaker 2: Yah, that's what I mean. But I mean it charges.
Speaker 9: The Chrysler Pacifica is a plug in and Toyota has a plug in on the Sienna, but they have normal Toyota has a normal hybrid, is a Prius a plug in I don't know about Prius, but listen to this.
Speaker 2: This makes no sense.
Speaker 3: So you have hybrids with twenty six percent fewer problems than gasoline vehicles, electric vehicles all electric seventy nine percent more problems than gasoline vehicles, but plug in hybrids one hundred and forty six percent more problems than all of them. Make No, it doesn't make sense. And this is why I'm going to tell you this happens. They do it totally based on surveys, Garbage in, garbage out. Here's why someone with a plugged in hybrid, it's a much more complicated car. Therefore, I believe you're going to have more surveys saying why a lot of them just don't get it, or they didn't plug it in, or they overcharge it, whatever, So you got one hundred and forty six percent more with all electric vehicles. I don't believe a lot of people understand how to use them. They don't charge them often enough or proper enough, or they have to charge for a half hour because they didn't.
Speaker 2: Do it one time for ten minutes. I don't know, Well, what's the source of that survey that you just no. No consumer reports does everything on survey reports.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they don't go out and research like a Carfax does based on report. Well, those are technically surveys, but they come from repair shops and all of that. They're asking consumers about their cars, and for example, twenty six percent fewer problems with hybrids. I think people like their hybrid, they're getting good gas mintage, and they give positive reports. I just have never believed totally in surveys when it comes to asking people. I mean, yeah, they are somewhat accurate, but I believe the people who are taking the survey and own something don't really necessarily know if it's owner operator error or if it's truly a defective product. That's what I think. Well, I gotta take this break, Megan. We're gonna come right back to You go with a sure thing Denver's Best Roofer Excel roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance check up free, no obligation. In comparison, call Compass insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three O three seven to seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate man dot Com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. Hey Tom Martine here, Welcome to the show. Megan's got a problem with a window contractor. And then I want to ask people to look up online the Ineos I n EOS Grenadier. There's a dealership in Colorado Springs. It looks like a g wagon or a jeep or a range robe kind of mixture, and but I don't know if it has a rough ride. I'd like to know from people who have one. I've seen them around. They're pretty cool looking. You know, it's gasoline. They've been making them for a long time. I just like to know if anybody has one of what's the rides? Like, Hey, Megan, what's going on with your window? Who's the window contractor?
Speaker 8: Wow? Uh jk R windows jk R.
Speaker 3: Now who are they the Are they the maker of the window or the installer?
Speaker 8: They are the company out of Saint George, Utah that came into our area around the end of spring with a legitimate you know, cells individual so.
Speaker 3: They did windows and installations. So they did the whole package for you.
Speaker 8: Unfortunately, we haven't gotten to the installation. It's it's beyond you can't even make this stuff.
Speaker 3: Oh wait a minute, Megan, hold on, I want to ask a few questions before you go on.
Speaker 2: You signed the contract.
Speaker 8: When, oh gosh, i'd have to go home. I'm at Worth just rough the end of the spring, correct, okay.
Speaker 3: So an end of this spring, like just just this past spring, right, you got it?
Speaker 2: Okay?
Speaker 3: Now, it was for a house full of windows or a few windows?
Speaker 8: Correct?
Speaker 2: Oh, a house full of windows?
Speaker 5: Okay?
Speaker 2: And did they knock on your doors at how it happened?
Speaker 5: Yes?
Speaker 2: Uh, yep.
Speaker 8: They're new to the area. They've been in Saint George, Utah, Arizona, Idaho. Their website is amazing and they were.
Speaker 2: Just what kind of windows are they supposed to be?
Speaker 8: What is the brand of that window?
Speaker 2: And was it was the window a vinyl window?
Speaker 5: Yes?
Speaker 3: Okay, for vinyl replacement? Okay, next question? What went wrong?
Speaker 11: Uh?
Speaker 8: Oh? So their new office is up and running. It's in there in Fort Collins. It has a phone number.
Speaker 2: Oh, they have a Colorado office in Fort Collins.
Speaker 8: Did oh so they ordered all the windows. They communicated things they're not Wait did.
Speaker 2: They did they pack up and leave?
Speaker 8: Well, that's where things get interesting. I didn't. This just happened probably in the last two weeks. They sent a professional out. He was great. He measured all the windows. They communicated and said, your windows are going to be here. All the windows showed up.
Speaker 3: Oh there they thank goodness. Hold on, now, Megan, how much have you paid so far? How much is that?
Speaker 8: It's embarrassing? Twenty five thousand?
Speaker 3: Okay, now hold on, did you get all the windows?
Speaker 8: They were all improperly measured. They've installed one, two, three, four, five, six. And then when they got downstairs and realized how.
Speaker 2: Many total windows? How many total windows by the.
Speaker 8: Way, I think we would have had twenty.
Speaker 2: For twenty and then and only six had been installed.
Speaker 8: Well yeah, because some of them upstairs fit. But when they got downstairs they had they did a terrible job installing them, so they had to lead.
Speaker 3: So they did install more than six. You're saying there's only six that work. How many did they install totally?
Speaker 8: One, two, three, four or five six? Seven?
Speaker 2: So they installed one window? Wrong?
Speaker 3: No, you said they installed six when okay, so all the windows they installed are wrong.
Speaker 8: At this point, yes, but three of them. I told them to stop working because of all the.
Speaker 3: Three of them, in addition to the seven or three of them in the seven.
Speaker 8: The eight upstairs seemed to look good and fit. But when they got downstairs.
Speaker 3: Okay, hold on, you said eight upstairs seemed to look good and fit. I asked you how many did they install? And you said seven? So I'm not oh, I'm trying to get numbers here. I'm trying to get a handle so we can hand this off and call these people. How many total windows I'm not yelling at you, by the way, this is for emphasis. How many total windows have been installed?
Speaker 2: Totally?
Speaker 8: Okay? Total? So seven upstairs, three downstairs?
Speaker 3: Ten windows correct? How many need to be stopped? Ten out of twenty windows have been installed?
Speaker 2: Okay? How many of those ten windows have to be redone?
Speaker 8: According to them, the three downstairs. So they had to reorder everything because the guy measured everything long. But they were able to pull off the upstairs somehow. Don't ask me how well.
Speaker 2: They just trimmed it or something. I want to ask you something.
Speaker 3: But then the ten windows, the three they have to replace within that ten, then they have ten more to go, right, did they?
Speaker 2: Are they on site as well?
Speaker 8: No? No, because now when I called the salesperson, he said, I left the company. It's declining. It's awful. The next guy who's managing the Fort Collins office is no longer there. They got a new guy in who said I'm going to take care of this, and just this week he suddenly is no longer there. So then I called the Utah.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, I have a headache. It's so bad.
Speaker 8: It gets worse. They shut the Fort Collins office. They've outsourced their answering service for all their offices in Saint George, Utah to a out of the country kind of answering service who told me that the phones are blowing up. They cannot they have so many complaints and you can now not get a hold.
Speaker 3: So how long has it been since you heard from them?
Speaker 6: Oh?
Speaker 3: Yeah, have you guys looked this up yet? Have you looked up the online jkr?
Speaker 8: Yeah, it's a fantastic website. They have decent ratings. But I was joking. I said, maybe the owner went off the deep end. Well, I find out he has a podcast. He's this big shot who has recovered drug and alcohol addiction and somehow created this multi million dollar company. And I'm thinking either we got scammed or this guy with this podcast, whoevercame a drug and alcohol addiction relapsed in the whole company went down in flames and we're out. We have two toned windows in the whole house.
Speaker 3: Right hold on, just hold on. We got to give this to my hang on will come very pey. Go with a sure thing Denver's Best roofer Excel Roofing dot com.
Speaker 2: You don't pay a cent until you're content.
Speaker 3: Time for an insurance check up free no obligation comparison call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three all three seven to seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three all three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. Hey Tom Martino, your troubleshooter eight eight eight Heating dot com.
Speaker 2: We'll come and check.
Speaker 3: Your ac for your furnace and they give you honest estimations. They do plumbing and heating as well, and of course electrical. And they're honest people three oh three seven seven zero two seven seven six eight eight eight heating dot com people you can trust. Hey, Megan, Okay, we're going to give this to somebody to work on it. But I want to I want to call. I want to narrow it down. So the contract was signed the company, Uh, you're supposed to do twenty vinyl windows. You paid half and they installed ten. Three have to be reinstalled. The other ten aren't even there, and they shut down their Colorado office. And when was the last time you heard from them?
Speaker 8: They do not reach out to me. I had. I called the installer guy that they had in the area, and he's been great about Is.
Speaker 2: He still with the company.
Speaker 8: She says that he is, and he says, oh, your windows are ordered. Oh yeah, they're ordered.
Speaker 2: Good. You have a name for this guy and a number.
Speaker 3: Right, I do, But there's no office here in town anymore or in Colorado.
Speaker 8: Correct.
Speaker 3: Oh no, this is terrible, This is terrible. We looked up the website, we looked him up online. We're looking up the whole thing. I'm going to give this the Deputy Chopper, that's his nickname.
Speaker 2: We're going to be a calling.
Speaker 3: We're going to want your contact information, now do you have that on you? Rs at at home?
Speaker 8: My contact? Well, I've got the owner's number. Now the people have quit are giving me more information. His mailbox is full, you know you you name it. It's happening, and.
Speaker 3: You're saying that this owner, his story is, he's a he's a recovering drug addict.
Speaker 8: He has a podcast, he's a big shot.
Speaker 2: What's his name? What's his name?
Speaker 8: Jefferson Rogers. You won't believe this when you.
Speaker 3: See it, Okay, Rogers, hold on, Jefferson Rogers. I'm going to give this the deputy chopper, but I want you to hang on. We'll get your information. I'm Tom art. You know we got more coming up on the Troubleshooter Show three oh three seven to one three Talk or three all three Martino, Go with a sure thing Denver's Best Roofer Excel roofing dot com.
Speaker 2: You don't pay a cent until you're content.
Speaker 3: Please time for an insurance check up free, no obligation comparison call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three oh three seven seven to one Help you'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate man dot Com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two.
Speaker 2: Ripped you needed? Who you don't have?
Speaker 15: Come?
Speaker 4: Run anxious as fast as we can. Shooter's gonna help.
Speaker 16: Come, man, this is the Troubleshooter Show.
Speaker 3: Noo, Hi, Tom Martino here, Welcome to the show. Three oh three seven one three talk seven one three eight two five five. Today is Car Friday. That doesn't mean we talked just about cars. Are experts make it in today? There were various obligations for the holiday, but we have all of them available on phone if you have car problems, questions, complaints and speaking of cars, I want to know if anyone is familiar with the ineos. I think I'm pronouncing it properly ineos ineos. I knows it's I n EO S grenadeer g r e n A d i e r ineos grenadeer.
Speaker 5: Uh.
Speaker 2: It's funny. Uh, I just I swear to guys.
Speaker 3: I was looking at it online and it says starting from seventy five thousand, and it changed right before my eyes I swear to you right before they must have been doing like an update and it says now eighty six eighty six thousand. So in any case, they look you can get them with a little pickup bet or four door pick up with a pickup bed, or you can get them four doors.
Speaker 2: They look a little.
Speaker 3: Like a g Wagon, Jeep and Bronco rolled into one, maybe even a hummer, and they're obvious. Wait wait, wait, okay, it does say seventy five grand for the station wagon.
Speaker 2: Special deal just for you, Tom and the Quartermaster. The one with a pickup starts at eighty six nine and then the limited starts at eighty six nine fifty. So what air ring? All I want to know is what's the ride? Like? I have no idea.
Speaker 3: Maybe we should call down there, you know what, Kachina, Let's call down to Grenadier. I don't know what the name of it is in Colorado Springs, but they have a dealership in Colorado Springs. Let's call down there and ask them if they'll come on and talk about it. Of course they're going to tell us the rides wonderful, but you know what, I think they'll be honest.
Speaker 2: Why not?
Speaker 3: So they're in Colorado Springs. Find a dealer here it is find a retailer so Colorado Springs.
Speaker 2: Here, it is right here in Colorado. There it is. It's called I'm going to give you the name.
Speaker 3: Okay, it's called Red noland Ineos Grenadier, and I'll give you the number.
Speaker 2: Even say I'm doing your job. Is she listening to me? For God's sakes? Or I might be not? Am I being ignored? Come on, man, hey, Kachina, is that four four four number?
Speaker 3: It's the yes, thank you, seven to one nine, thank you? Can you write that down for And by the way, what's she doing? She has a few mimosas and you think the world's gonna You know, we gotta have a rule no alcohol.
Speaker 2: In this freaking studio anymore.
Speaker 3: They had a birthday party and somebody had a few too many mimosas. If you want to ask me, she's walking around in a.
Speaker 16: Stupid with the bottle.
Speaker 2: She's walking around in a stupor. She's working.
Speaker 3: It's a holiday weekend, and she thinks it just started, like when my show started.
Speaker 2: Does she working?
Speaker 3: Capitalists say hey, this will be fun, of course, yeah, it'd be great. Oh, it'll be way fun. Anyway, have any of my youtubew by the way, I was sold the YouTube audio is off again. It's something they say they're getting bleed over from another station.
Speaker 2: Is that right? Child?
Speaker 1: Just got here?
Speaker 2: It sounds fine when I just sound fine? Okay?
Speaker 3: Any of my YouTube morons? Do you know about the ineos? Somebody said it looks like they're using a BMW engine.
Speaker 2: Well, that would be cool.
Speaker 3: The I like BMW's performance. Again, I just want to know what it's going to drive like, That's what I want to know. And I imagine we have a best of on Monday, don't we Okay?
Speaker 15: Uh?
Speaker 2: Three three seven one, three eight two five five is the number. I'm gonna go.
Speaker 3: Chopper right now is calling this window company, which is jk R. They installed a roughly half the windows. Some of them have to be redone the other ten. She doesn't know where they are. They close their Colorado office JKR Windows and they're out of Utah. The guy brags about being a recovering addict and he has four point nine stars. They say, uh, and he seems look his video seem good. The guy does a podcast. He supposedly he supposedly a legit guy, but we'll see. They say they have areas in Utah, Boise, Vegas, Seattle, Phoenix, Grand Junction, Denver, Fort Collins, Billings, And they do have some numbers, you know, for the local for Fort Collins. But anyway, three zero three, seven to one to three talk is our number. Now in the news, there are a number of people who are buying listen to this. They're buying up unused patents, people who filed patents years ago and never made it, never did anything with it. And then they're going out and finding similar products.
Speaker 2: That come close to that product.
Speaker 3: And they are making demand letters for patent infringement. So they buy for pennies on the dollar. They buy a patent for a few bucks, or they have a patent. Then they go out and find similar products and threaten the hell out of these people to settle for them cash or take their product off the market, or they sue them. They're called patent trolls, patent trolls, and it's happening more and more.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 3: In twenty thirteen, Barack Obama actually said that he wanted to get rid of people who have patents that don't produce anything, and they're simply leveraging and hijacking ideas.
Speaker 2: In order to extort money.
Speaker 3: However, they did have some success in the courts, ruling that if you have no intent to make anything and you solely exist to extract money, it could be ruled invalid.
Speaker 2: But there are still people doing it.
Speaker 3: They have first of all, they try to enforce a patent by asking you to pay licensing fees, or they simply go against you for damages, claiming that now they're not going to be able to make what they wanted to make, and they basically are trolling products. And what the government feels, even though they haven't been successful in shutting it down, is that it's wrong to do if you're not going to produce anything. But the government itself actually made it advantageous to be a patent troll.
Speaker 2: And here's why.
Speaker 3: If you hear about a patent, or if you have a patent and somebody else has something, if some bod he's been using or producing something for many many years and it's been in public domain, it can't be patented.
Speaker 2: But if both people, if two people.
Speaker 3: Have an idea, it's the first one to the patent office that gets the patent. It's not the first one who thought of it, or the first one who produced it, but the first one to the patent office, except when something is public domain. Once something becomes public domain, it can never be patented unless it's altered in such a way that it becomes almost something new or has a different function. So beware of patent trolls. Meaning this, if you have an idea for something that you want to bring to market, do not show it to anybody, even with a non disclosure. If you do, it could be considered disclosure, it could be considered public and it could start counting the clock on public domain before it Because if you don't bring it to the patent office within a certain amount of time, you lose your right.
Speaker 2: So here's what I recommend.
Speaker 3: There's something called a provisional patent that can be gotten immediately by filing. Now you may say, how can you do a provisional patent if in fact you haven't done a patent search and you don't know what's out there and you don't know where you stand on the product.
Speaker 2: Here's what a provisional patent says. Here's what it says.
Speaker 3: It's provisional and it's contingent on a few things. First, it's contingent on you being first in line, which means that if someone did a provisional patent last year and you do one this year, their provisional patent takes precedent.
Speaker 2: But if no one did, you at least are in line.
Speaker 3: It also says it's contingent on you having a unique product.
Speaker 2: You see, the reason they don't.
Speaker 3: Require a patent search is because if you go to the patent office with a provisional patent and it turns out that this has been invented before, no harm, no foul, because it's only provisional.
Speaker 2: It never becomes permanent.
Speaker 3: So it's contingent on you being first or in front of other provisional patents. It's contingent on you being original that there's no other thing out there that's already been patented, and it's contingent upon you coming up with a prototype to do it. So when you file a provisional patent, it's a place in line and it says, if I can prove these elements, it's going to be my patent and no one can get in there first. And that's important because if you don't do that now, that then the provisional patent becomes a real patent. If you don't do that, you run the risk of someone beating you to the patent office with the same idea.
Speaker 10: Tom. There was a great documentary about that with Alexander green Bell and Telephone. There was a scandal because apparently they paid off the clerk in the patent office to put his patent before someone else's so that he got the credit for it.
Speaker 3: That's right, that's exactly right, which goes exactly what you say. Yeah, and nowadays it's getting even worse because things are invented all the time and they keep it under wraps. Go with a sure thing Denver's Best roofer Excel Roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance check up free, no obligation. In comparison, call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three oh three seven seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the Real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. Hi, Tom Martine, your troubleshooter three oh three seven to one three talk seven one three eight two five five. Pro Bid Energy is another a solar company. We love probidenergy dot com.
Speaker 2: You can use them for your solar needs.
Speaker 3: Now we uh, we go out to eat a lot, my wife and I just two of us. Sometimes it doesn't pay to cook. And uh, I haven't noticed a lot of obnoxious people. But I hear that it's a growing trend of noxiousness in restaurants and people's come up this. This travel magazine came up with the most deplorable habits in a restaurant. They surveyed staff. So what do you think is the number one complaint of staff? And sometimes no, that's number two.
Speaker 2: It's not screaming kids kids allowed to roam.
Speaker 3: I've watched that. Now to me, that's my number one bugaboo.
Speaker 2: Can you there are.
Speaker 3: Parents that I swear to God, their kids just get down off the chair, walk around. I've seen them walk up to other tables and talk to people and bug people.
Speaker 2: What are you eating? You know? What? Why you know? I mean? Now, I I can.
Speaker 3: Say I don't see it very common. I don't go to a lot of kid restaurants that are kid friendly now, not.
Speaker 2: Because I don't like his We just don't. But I don't blame you. Here's the deal.
Speaker 3: The number one is people who refuse to pay for a dish because it was.
Speaker 2: Bad, but they ate like ninety percent of it.
Speaker 3: Because normally, if you don't like something right off the bat, you say, I'm sorry, there's something wrong with this. There was a taste, this fish doesn't taste right, or it's not cooked to temperature or something. You just you usually do it right away, and the wait staff has never given me a hard time.
Speaker 2: And I don't do it often.
Speaker 3: But if something isn't right and you bring it up right away in a kind way, you know.
Speaker 2: It's not a bad deal. Right.
Speaker 3: They don't do it, but they say when people eat about ninety percent of it and then do that, they really get pissed off. My tom My daughter works at Starbucks, and she gets irritated.
Speaker 5: She serves the coffee and they go.
Speaker 10: Out and walk around and come back when the coffee's like three quarters empty, and then they they said it wasn't right and they want a new coffee.
Speaker 2: She gets that a lot at the Golden Starbucks.
Speaker 5: They should just say right now, I heye, the coffee's not good.
Speaker 10: But they take the coffee out, drink it, and come back and say, say the coffee's bad.
Speaker 3: Now here's the deal. The number two is letting kids run free. Number three debating prices of the menu, with the staff saying, why is this so much? Can I get it for this? I have never heard that ever, I've never seen that. I find that hard to believe.
Speaker 2: They say that.
Speaker 3: Well, let's see respondents deemed unacceptable hold on eighty four percent. Oh, they don't say it happens that all. Well, it says just to be behaviors. Ninety percent hate the not eating the dish or eating most of the dish and then saying okay. And then ninety percent say they hate when the kids run free. Eighty four percent say they hate when people debate prices. I've never seen people debate prices. Now, this is another one that I've never seen that the staff says that people stay past closing time and linger past closing time.
Speaker 2: I don't even like going in.
Speaker 3: I don't know how you feel about this, but have you ever I won't go to a restaurant fifteen minutes before they close or twenty minutes although technically they're open.
Speaker 2: I don't like it.
Speaker 3: I don't feel right about it, because you're going to go in, you're going to order, and you know you're going to stay past closing. Now, most of the time they account for that anyway, don't they. I mean, if you're going to be let's say you're open till nine and somebody goes in eight forty five, you know that it's going to be more than fifteen minutes, right, So I don't I don't know.
Speaker 2: But yet you have to have a closing time. So what do you do? Do you stop seeing, you.
Speaker 3: Stop seating I would have a sign saying stop seating at right, then you stop seating at nine rather than closing at nine. Then you close at ten maybe, or you close at nine p thirty. But that would be a better way to do it. It's just a stop seating at a certain time, and then people don't get pissed if they come in and there's twenty minutes left and they're about to close, I think anyway, So staying past closing time is another one. The other thing is when they snapped their fingers at weight people.
Speaker 2: Have you ever snapped your fingers? I've never ever done that. I've never done that one hand, I've never done that.
Speaker 3: I've sometimes wave, you know, I wave a little, but that's only first you guys.
Speaker 5: I was a water for years.
Speaker 10: When I was in college, we went up to the Catskills to work in the hotels. And then when I was in medical school, whenever I didn't have a a rotation and call from that call, I worked as a wait to an Italian restaurant.
Speaker 2: And what about as.
Speaker 3: Anyway three oh three seven one three talks seven one three eight two five five. A lot of people are on vacation and uh, it is the It is the uh time of year when people leave. Even though Monday is the holiday, people leave on a Friday. We know that's what they do. By the way, Compass Insurance Group will do a free insurance check of for you for the asking at three oh three nine nine six nine thousand.
Speaker 2: Make sure you're not paying too much.
Speaker 3: Make sure you're not paying UH for coverage you don't need or that you're under insured.
Speaker 2: That's three oh three nine ninety six nine thousand.
Speaker 3: Go with a sure thing Denver's Best roofer Excel roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance check up free no obligation. In comparison, call Compass insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies. Find out Now three oh three seven seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. Next year, I have well, I don't know why, because phone calls, people are out, people are out of town, are going out of town. But I got a whole crapload of texts that came into my Google number seven four seven nine nine fifty two eighty. So on that topic, we talked about reliability of cars. I wondered why plug in hybrids have such a bad reliability rating according to consumer reports surveys they do surveys, they set one hundred and forty six percent more than regular cars, and the electrical ones have like a seventy nine percent more problems. And somebody here said, I rented a plug in hybrid in North Carolina.
Speaker 2: For a weekend. At first, it was a kind of pain in the ass.
Speaker 3: I had to literally read instructions on how to charge it, because it's not like a typ of a car in any way. And it was the first time I've used it. I had never rented or been around one. I had to figure it out. My guess is a lack of knowledge of the car is a problem.
Speaker 2: It is why they had the week reviews.
Speaker 3: And because remember these are done on surveys, they're not actual numbers, it said. And then we have another one with a picture. Listen to this republic sanitation are now they now have EV trash trucks. How can a battery lass on those suckers?
Speaker 2: You know how much energy they use to crush garbage. There's a picture of one. They have EV trash trucks.
Speaker 3: And then somebody said on the apartments the Venezuelans that Channel thirty one has been following it first and foremost Fox thirty one News that because a lot of the local news I accused of ignoring it, Channel nine ignored it until they could write a puff piece on how it's exaggerated and only conservatives are saying it's happening and that other people aren't.
Speaker 2: Then there's another recommendation.
Speaker 3: Okay, somebody wants to know who do I recommend for my surgery, the back surgery.
Speaker 2: Okay, here's what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: I don't I love my shirt.
Speaker 2: I'm not recommending it to you. I'm not recommending anybody to you.
Speaker 3: If you do, if you go to the Top Surgery, the Top's website. This is a spinal implant I had done. You go to Premia I think it's called Premia pr e m I a Premiu spine.
Speaker 2: Google it, go to their website. They have recommended doctors.
Speaker 3: Now, I used doctor Joshua Beckman at Saint A's Great People. He's a neurosurgeon and he was one of the first to do it, and I was one.
Speaker 2: Of the first FDA approved procedures in the world.
Speaker 3: Now, they did hundreds before me, but I'm talking about FDA approved and then he got trained on it for me, so it was great. So obviously I like him. Now here's another one. Now, Oh, how do you get the ten percent off your electric bill?
Speaker 2: Now?
Speaker 3: I talked about it yesterday? Have you missed it? I delayed a lot before I talked about it. I said I'm going to talk about it, and I didn't get to it till the third hour. There are solar farms right now being built by individual concerns, either co ops, corporations, partnerships, neighborhoods. What is the solar field. It is a giant field of solar panels.
Speaker 5: Now.
Speaker 3: They build the solar field in order to get tax credits and grant money and in order to sell back to the grid. They make money by building a solar field. Excel Energy now they sell virtual shares of.
Speaker 2: That solar field to you.
Speaker 3: They don't really sell it to you where you own it forever, but they kind of let you in on it.
Speaker 2: And by letting you in on it.
Speaker 3: What Excel hopes to do, and this is not really public and published, but this is the real truth. What Excel hopes you to do is to take advantage of this program and accept an ownership share, no obligation whatsoever in this solar field, and get a ten percent reduction on your bill. There's no gim it's no gimmick, it's no scam. If you sign up for a solar field near you, if there's one near you and you sign up for it, you will get ten percent.
Speaker 2: Off your electric bill. Bar none.
Speaker 3: They don't install anything on your house. You don't get the power actually from that grid. It's just a virtual ownership. And for owning it, for being part of it, I mean like being a member of that solar field, you get ten percent off your electric bill.
Speaker 2: Now why would Excel do this? Well, first I told you why the solar field people do it.
Speaker 3: A bunch of people can get together and put in a solar field and literally make money from it. They make hundreds of thousands a year by selling power back to Excel. They do, and they also get tax credits.
Speaker 2: It's a wonderful business.
Speaker 3: Build a solar field, make money, You initially get tax credits and then you get grid money for selling money selling power back to the grid. Okay, that's why they do it. Why does Excel do it?
Speaker 2: Anyone want to take a guess.
Speaker 3: Why would Excel give you a ten percent discount for being part of the solar field?
Speaker 2: Why do they care?
Speaker 9: Somehow they get it back from the government.
Speaker 10: Nope, decrease demanded peak hours Nope.
Speaker 2: Here's why they do it.
Speaker 3: Excel knows people interested in solar will.
Speaker 2: Bite on this.
Speaker 3: And it might appease them enough to where they don't put in their own system. Now, why does Excel care about you? Putting in a solar system. As much as Excel says that they want alternative power, they don't want you to go away because if you put in a solar system, they lose major revenue from you. Plus they're obligated to buy energy from you if you obligate it. They don't have a choice. They can't say to you, we have enough energy. If you have a net meter and you produce more than you're using, not only do they lose you as an electrical customer, but they also have to pay you for producing electricity. So Excel would rather have a bunch of people they give a ten percent discount too, then have a bunch of people go off the grid, so to speak.
Speaker 2: Makes sense. It's happening.
Speaker 3: So if you find out about these solar fields I found, I have a brochure for one, I'm.
Speaker 2: Going to do it.
Speaker 3: You'll get ten off your electric and there and it's not a gimmick. You can get out of it anytime you want. That's just the way it is. It's a real deal. Hey, by the way, another real deal. Excel roofing dot com my favorite roofer and I'll tell you why. They don't take a cent until you're content. You don't have to sign anything to get a complete roof inspection and a complete contract.
Speaker 2: That's right.
Speaker 3: You don't have to sign anything, and you don't have to give them a dime. And then when you're happy one hundred percent with the job, you pay. How about that excel as an excellent E x C E L excel roofing dot com. And that's there's a reason I endorse them. No one does business like that. Three oh three seven sixty one sixty four hundred Go with a sure thing Denvers best roofer Excel roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance check up, free, no obligation. Compare call Compass insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies. Find out now three oh three seven seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two.
Speaker 2: Hi Tom Martino, You're a troubleshooter. Three o three seven one three talk three oh three seven one three eight two five five Another text God, I can't believe what where people.
Speaker 3: Texting from their cars? Because uh okay, here's here's what it says. It's weird. Have you turned into a trumper? God almighty, I'm far from that. I'm not a Harriser either, kind of get it? Harriser, a Harriser, Harasser, Harriser. I'm not anyway when you say you haven't. The guy's a criminal in disrespects the military almost every week with words and actions.
Speaker 2: It's very sad. Man. I don't know who the hell you're talking to, but it ain't me. Three oh three seven to one three talks seven one three eight two five five. Here's another one.
Speaker 3: This one wants to know about umbrella coverage. They want to know does umbrella coverage on insurance on your house? By the way, you don't get it on your house. Let me explain this to you. You get umbrella coverage on yourself. You as a person, have umbrella coverage. The umbrella coverage by default extends to your homeowners and it extends to your automobile coverage except for one part of your automobile coverage. And you better listen carefully. If you have liability, it will extend to lie ability. So if someone sues you and for some reason they have massive losses and they won't settle for your insurance premium, excuse me your insurance limits, they may choose to sue you. Your umbrella coverage kicks in. So if you have five or ten million in umbrella coverage, you're pretty well insulated from damages.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 3: It will cover you with homeowners liability and your automobile liability, but it doesn't extend your uninsured motorist coverage to you.
Speaker 2: Let me give you an example of what I mean.
Speaker 3: If you get in a car accident with someone who doesn't have insurance or who is under insured, and you have pain and suffering and economic losses totally a million dollars and they only have one hundred thousand dollars in coverage.
Speaker 2: Your UM coverage will cover you. Your UM not your umbrella will cover you up to a certain assent. So let's say you have UM coverage of five hundred thousand, so you'll get one hundred.
Speaker 3: From them and five hundred from your UM for a total of six hundred. But if you have a million dollars in true provable losses, can you get the other four hundred from your umbrella No, not automatically. Umbrella coverage is to protect you against liability for others.
Speaker 2: It can, however, extend to.
Speaker 3: Your underinsured and uninsured motorists coverage for your own pain and suffering.
Speaker 2: It can if you have a special riot. It's called a UM rider.
Speaker 3: So make sure if you get an umbrella coverage and you wanted to cover you, you wanted to cover you not just for liability to others, but you wanted to extend to your UM coverage your uninsured motor coverage. In that case, you have to have a special rider. That is very very important. Now why would anyone do that well, Because if you're worth a lot of money, or you make a lot of money and someone injures you and they don't have a lot of liability coverage and you're stuck without work or your misery, you're miserable, you want to make damn well sure that you're taken care of as if the other person had insurance. And you normally don't cover that much UM coverage. So in addition to the UM coverage, if you have an umbrella policy and that umbrella policy carries a special UM rider, it will then extend to your under insured or uninsured motorist coverage.
Speaker 2: That's really important.
Speaker 3: Somebody else texted me again, I can't believe I hadn't looked at these earlier seven four seven, nine fifty two eighty. If you want to text me there or give us a call. Three oh three Martino three oh three six two seven eight four sixty six. We have more coming up on the Troubleshooter Show. You have car problems, says car Day as well. We have our car.
Speaker 2: Experts standing by, so hangout three oh three seven one three eight two five five.
Speaker 3: Go with a sure thing Denver's Best roofer Excel Roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content, Leave time for an insurance check up free no obligation comparison call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three all three seven seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the Real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three all three nine two zero sixteen twenty two.
Speaker 4: Yeah, ripped off news deleat advice.
Speaker 3: So you don't have.
Speaker 4: Come runnxious as fast as we can. Shooter's gonna help come Man.
Speaker 16: Six is the Troubleshooter Show.
Speaker 3: No Tom Martino, Hi, Tom Martino here, Welcome to the show.
Speaker 2: Three all three seven one three talks seven one three eight two five five.
Speaker 3: This hour brought to you by Denver Regen dot com. Listen, you've heard of the way US drugs ter zeppetide and semigluetide, they really worked. You can get all of your supplies for pennies on the dollar from Denverregen dot com.
Speaker 2: Seriously, you will not find it less expensive for the same supplies and doctor's visits, everything included. Denverregen dot com.
Speaker 3: Just a few hundred bucks a month compared to fourteen hundred, You're gonna save a ton of money.
Speaker 2: Denver Regen dot com. Let's talk to Floyd. Our number is three oh three Martino three oh three sixty two seven eight four sixty six or three oh three seven one three talk. What's going on? Floyd? What's happening all?
Speaker 5: Tom?
Speaker 18: I sure hope you can't. You have your wand today?
Speaker 2: Oh what happened?
Speaker 5: I don't know if you still.
Speaker 18: Have any contacts with Centurylinklomen they're totally incompetent. I live in Denver with my wife and my family by in laws live in Thornton. They're in their upper eighties. They have what you would expect from medical issues and beyond. They rely on a landline.
Speaker 3: Okay, any day did they ever call us before?
Speaker 2: No? Okay? Because I got a call from an older couple. It wasn't them, Okay, and go ahead tell me about it.
Speaker 18: I found out that we tried to contact them because we're always in touch with them, on last Friday, and what wasn't getting through. No signal, no, no a thing. I did a troubleshooting online via Century Links their software. The test was failing. So we came out on Saturday, spent all day Saturday and all the day Sunday. I took a look at the network interface, determined that it was getting power and determined that it was the fiber optic line that was going to the interface. So they have fiber to the interface and then it's a twisted pair from there into their house, so I know that it's the fiber line somewhere, you know, centry link stuff. So Monday was the first time I could actually talk to somebody to schedule it, schedule the repair. So I called them.
Speaker 2: I told them that it can Illoyd.
Speaker 3: While while you're saying all this, I want to explain something to you. And you can still explain it, okay, And I don't want you to think I'm unfeeling or uncaring a change in regulations.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 3: It basically says that Century Link no longer has to provide landline service. Now, listen to what this means, because I know what you're going to say, Well, if we're paying for it, they should supply it.
Speaker 2: That's absolutely true. But here's what.
Speaker 3: I'm getting at, and I went through this the other day, and in the regulation, if they breach your contract to supply a landline that you're paying.
Speaker 2: For, your recourse is to stop.
Speaker 3: Paying for it and to get a refund for the time you were not served. Your recourse is not making them supply the landline, nor can you make them fix it.
Speaker 2: And I'm going to tell you why. It just they're no longer regulated that way.
Speaker 18: How How could they not supply a nine to one one service that we're paying for?
Speaker 6: How can they not.
Speaker 3: Maintain if you're paying for it? Listen, they're breaching your contract. Therefore, you really have to hear me, Floyd. You can't make them. You can't make them supply it. If you're paying for it and they are not living up to their contract, you have a right to get that money back that you paid while it is not working, and you have a right to not pay them anymore.
Speaker 2: You do not have a right.
Speaker 3: To make them fix it. I know it sounds weird and you're thinking, oh, no, they have to supply it. No, they do not have to supply it.
Speaker 6: When did this change happen.
Speaker 3: It happened in it's order numbers nineteen seventy two. It ended the requirement for telecon companies to supply, maintain and landline services of all kinds, including nine one one and this.
Speaker 2: I don't have a date. I don't have a date.
Speaker 13: How the heck does that work.
Speaker 3: For seniors on I find it vulable people, because hold on the way it works is this, when something's not available, it's not available. I mean, what if seniors wanted to move out to the country and they don't have a landline out there?
Speaker 2: The way you buy them cell phones.
Speaker 18: So I understand that they're not required to look at the load.
Speaker 2: By the way.
Speaker 6: I understand.
Speaker 18: I understand you're just giving me information. So, but there's a difference between moving to an area that doesn't have service, where it's not possible for them reasonably, you know, to do. And there are plenty of areas in the nation that are in that scenario. But this is an existing line that's been in existing first.
Speaker 2: That's rights right, that's right, Floyd, and they're longer obligated under the Telecommunications Act to maintain it.
Speaker 18: So let's go through the possibility of problem solving on this. So I put in an SEC complaint last night. Who knows where that's gotting.
Speaker 2: No one's going to make them fix anything.
Speaker 18: I put it.
Speaker 4: I put it.
Speaker 18: I'm just giving you the updates where it stands, and you could determine where you may be able to help or where you may not. Sure the SEC complaint is in. I had an appointment for Wednesday, I had another appointment for Thursday, and I appointments for this morning till noon. All three appointments have been missed. Never got a call from the tech I've had it escalated.
Speaker 2: I have no contact, Floyd. Do you know why for corporate? Do you know why?
Speaker 18: I know why they're incompetent. There's silent.
Speaker 2: That's not that's not true. That's not true. They're no more incompetent.
Speaker 3: They're no more incompetent than a company that used to offer blacksmith services that doesn't do it anymore. They just don't staff like they used to for a dying technology, Floyd.
Speaker 18: But there's enough ads of the tech's out there. They're scheduled, they are doing work. They may not have enough, that's.
Speaker 3: Right, they don't have enough. But there's another underlying Floyd. There's another underlying reason. And I I just want to tell you the truth because there's no sense lying to you.
Speaker 2: They don't want your landline business.
Speaker 18: Where do you have Let's move forward from this. Do you have any contacts in such really?
Speaker 2: Yeah, we do have contacts, But okay.
Speaker 18: If they don't have any contact with in corporate repair beyond the basic where they channel you, I've.
Speaker 2: Got we have what's called we have what's called the corporate angel. And here's what they use. What they usually what they usually do for us, they do.
Speaker 3: Sometimes they'll they'll escalate something and help. But I will say, if.
Speaker 2: It's in an area that has been abandoned, and this is not an efficient what's that?
Speaker 8: This isn't This is right in Thornton.
Speaker 3: I'm not talking about officially abandoned with a sign up.
Speaker 2: This is abandoned. They have inner workings.
Speaker 3: They're shutting down their land line business if.
Speaker 18: They upgraded the service here to they're making to maintain the fiber to the house to the interface in the hopes that the reason.
Speaker 3: They're doing fiber. The reason they're doing fiber, and that's good is for broadband where you can have an.
Speaker 18: Idea and I understand that.
Speaker 3: Do you have my house, boyd do you have fiber going to your in law's house?
Speaker 18: I told you they have fiber going to the interface. They have twisted pair from that point with two inside the house, so they have the fiber. I've already determined. The problem is.
Speaker 2: With the fiber.
Speaker 3: Okay, their fiber network. Let me just tell you what they're doing. They're upgrading to fiber so they can do broadband. And then those people who want a landline, it's never going to be the same landline. It will be an IP phone, yes, okay, and your parents, your in laws will have a similarity to what they have now once that transition is done. In the meantime, during this time of transition, there are going to be many areas abandoned. I'm not talking about officially abandoned. You're not going to see it written down anywhere, but they're not going to dedicate a lot of time and energy to fixing.
Speaker 2: It because it's going away.
Speaker 3: They're no longer going to maintain any twisted pears, so until.
Speaker 18: They don't have to maintain a twisted pair, I don't understand why you know.
Speaker 16: Maybe I'm Floyd.
Speaker 3: Actually I heard everything you said. I'm The problem is I heard you, Floyd. The problem is you think I don't listen. The problem is are you going to listen to me or not? If not, just hang off if you want to listen. You said, the problem is in the actual digital fiber is in the fiber.
Speaker 2: That's where the problem is. What I'm telling you, it.
Speaker 3: Is in the interface of the fiber to the twisted pair. Floyd, I'm sorry, you're trying to resurrect a dead horse. Okay, there are ways around it, but you are hell bent on trying to make centry Link perform on a technology they are no longer required to maintain. You're asking for the impossible. It's terrible, and I am sure people who had telegraph service hated it, and people who had steam cars.
Speaker 2: It's terrible.
Speaker 3: They're not going to maintain it unless they maintain it just because they have enough time and energy. They're not going to go out of their way.
Speaker 2: They did.
Speaker 3: They know that there are other services available. I am not your enemy. I am telling you the state of reality. I swear to God that is the reality. Wait, you know, whether the problem is technically in the twisted pair or in the fiber network, the problem is where it feeds that that twisted pair or near it, and or it might be the fiber network itself.
Speaker 2: They'll get to that.
Speaker 3: But they're not rolling a truck because your in laws do not have landlines.
Speaker 2: I'm not happy about it. I wish I.
Speaker 3: Could wave my magic wand and fix it. I swear to God I do. I can't do it because they're they just aren't supporting it. Floyd, you know, please don't please don't hear this as me not wanting to help you.
Speaker 2: We're still gonna put in a.
Speaker 18: Call Tom, Tom, Tom, calm yourself.
Speaker 2: You know what I'm I'm by.
Speaker 3: Nobody tells me to calm myself. Go to hell, I'll get as excited as I want the last I have to You know what I used to have to take that. I don't have to take that anymore. It's called divorce. Three oh three seven one three talk seven one three eight two five five. Go with a sure thing Denver's best roofer Excel Roofing dot com.
Speaker 2: You don't pay a cent until you're content.
Speaker 3: Wait time for an insurance checkup free, no obligation. In comparison, call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three all three seven seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three all three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. Hi Tom Martino, your troubleshooter. Three oh three seven one three talk seven one three.
Speaker 2: Eight two five five. Okay, back to the texting.
Speaker 3: By the way, um, and by the way, I do look at the other text as well. Somebody asked me that five seven seven three nine, So let me go there. But people seem to be texting me, mostly on my Google phone, which comes right to my way to my cell phone and you can do that twenty four to seven. By the way, it hasn't been abused. People are asking decent questions. That's seven four seven. Now on the regular text I have one. Maybe with normal hybrids you have each system not working harder to move the car, and they.
Speaker 2: Support each other.
Speaker 3: Maybe that's why there's less problems with hybrids than with all electric or all gasoline.
Speaker 2: That could be. That could be.
Speaker 3: Now on a question here on Okay, this person we've heard about this. I don't know if you guys remember it. This person was notified by Uber that they owed for vomiting in a car, and they deducted from their credit card.
Speaker 2: Money for damages.
Speaker 3: Now, this happens to be something we've heard about, not once, not twice, but about three or four times.
Speaker 2: So I started looking into it.
Speaker 3: Now in other cities they call it the vomit scam.
Speaker 2: And there's a way to fight it. I'm not kidding.
Speaker 3: The vomit scam is where a rideshare driver puts in for extra money for so called damages, saying that you vomited in their car. What happens is they get extra money, and of course no vomit, no cleanup.
Speaker 2: They prockit the money.
Speaker 3: If your driver has a four or five rating, four and a half or five rating, you're not probably going to ever have to worry about that. And however, if you have a lower rated driver or medium grade driver, or the car seems a little sketch, or you have any doubts whatsoever, there's one easy way to combat this. Because your phone made it. Tags every picture, take a pic before you exit.
Speaker 10: Com do almost all the all of the clips I've seen on YouTube with Uber and Lyft, drivers have cameras on the inside of the car to protect themselves from allegations of misbehavior.
Speaker 3: Hold on, So I'm just saying, if the guy wants to do the vomit scam, if a driver wants to pull a scam, you think he's going to say, I have a camera that shows you doing it. If it doesn't, he's not going to mention his camera. He's not required to have the camera. Therefore he'll never mention the camera. And the driver. What's the passengers are going to say, I demand to see your camera. He'll say, I don't have one. I mean, yeah, they have they do have cameras, but they're only going to use it to their advantage. If they're pulling a scam, you're never going to know about it. I mean, if you get if you get a notification that you vomited in a ride share and you have to pay three hundred bucks for cleanup two hundred whatever it is, what are the che answers that they're gonna voluntarily when you say, yeah, well, I think you have a camera, don't you I want to see the video, They're gonna say, oh yeah, let me show you the video that doesn't show you vomiting. They're they're gonna deny it. I mean, these guys are scumbags. We're not talking about a normal driver. We're talking about someone who's so nasty that they make something up like this so they can get an extra one hundred and fifty three hundred bucks.
Speaker 2: Who knows.
Speaker 3: But it's called the vomit scam in other cities, and I've gotten now this is my fourth inquiry about it. This person's been charged for the for the vomit scam. I mean that's incredible to me. It's like, Wow, what kind of I don't know, I mean, what kind.
Speaker 2: Of person I got to just write this here Okay.
Speaker 3: Now, when you get on these rides heres, there's a lot of scams, but that's definitely one that when when you see when you hear one of them, you think, okay, maybe the guy didn't he doesn't even remember. But when you start hearing them over and over again, then a pattern develops. Ye pattern actually develops for your saying what the heck is going on? Three zero three seven one three talks seven one three eight two five five. Now somebody with a timeshare says, I'm not I was looking to get out of my time share, but now I got an offer to rent it. Okay, there's only one thing worse than having a time share, and that is renting your time share. Yeah, having two or renting or renting your time share through one of these agencies because they want them to pay upfront for the advertising and all of that.
Speaker 2: No, no, renting is hard enough, folks.
Speaker 3: I know a lot of people that have vacation rentals, but they have real vacation you know, they have a real home or a real condo of their own. They own it one hundred percent and they have a management company and they rent it out.
Speaker 2: I mean, I know a lot of.
Speaker 3: People who love doing that and they or they have other homes that they rent out, but they do it like a real rental. Don't ever go through these agencies. And this is something fair to say. Almost everything involved with time shares is a scam.
Speaker 2: How about that? Almost every single thing involved.
Speaker 3: That's the buying, the selling, the renting, the listing, because a lot of people will call you and say, well list it. We have a lot of buyers standing in line. So don't pay any money upfront, not for any of them. And these people who promise to get you out of time shares, there are some legit people that.
Speaker 2: Can get you out of a timeshare, But did you know how they operate? Do you really know how they operate? How do you think they do this?
Speaker 3: I'm gonna tell you a story about the true inside. This is inside information on the timeshare liquidation industry. It's now an industry and you're going to be shocked because you can go into the business tomorrow if you want, go with us your thing Denver's Best Roofer Excel Roofing dot com.
Speaker 2: You don't pay a cent until you're content.
Speaker 3: Time for an insurance check up, free no obligation comparison call compass insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three oh three seven seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real Estate Man dot Com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two.
Speaker 2: Hey Tom Martino here at three O three seven one three talks seven one three eight two five five. Frankdurand the Realestate Man dot Com the only one I recommend for well, not the only one, but the best I've ever used in real estate for buying or selling. And he'll do a complete valuation of your home free of charge. Three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. Hey Adam, you want to sell your carm I do?
Speaker 13: Are you interested in a twenty four year old beautiful blue Jeep Grand Turkey ser.
Speaker 3: So, the GEF, the Grand Cherokee two thousand. That's just the regular SUV, right, I like what they call jeep jeeps.
Speaker 2: But no I'm not. But somebody listening right now? Is I know it? I can feel it in my bones. So what's the deal? What is it?
Speaker 13: It's a blue V eight jeep Grand Cherokee for looking for a site to sell them on Facebook or how many.
Speaker 3: Well, first of all, okay, I'm just going to tell you this. You set yourself up for ripoffs on Craigslist and Facebook Marketplace, two of the biggest areas of ripoffs in the world. Okay, that doesn't mean that doesn't mean you don't get a crap load of eyeballs and you can't possibly sell it. I would be foolish to say you can't sell it that way. It's just a pain in the ass.
Speaker 2: But you'll get a lot of people, just like with eBay.
Speaker 3: But you got to protect yourself. That the main thing is protecting yourself. Finding the eyeballs with today's technology is easy. It's going to be easy. So put it on marketplace, put it on Craigslist. But then know the difference of scams and a scam. There's so many scams. First of all, you only meet in public, and the second wall, you never let them take the car, and if they want to get the car checked, you have to go to their mcket. You can't let them take it. And then when it comes to when it comes to payment, it's got to be cash or you have to literally be at their bank with their cashiers check if they want to do a cashiers check. But then when you're at their bank, you can do cash or they can issue a cashiers check to you at the bank.
Speaker 2: That would be fine.
Speaker 3: Or you can wire funds, but most of the time people don't know how to really verify a wire, so that's not necessarily great.
Speaker 2: I wouldn't do venmo. How much do you.
Speaker 3: Want for this car before grand? Four grand? How many miles on it?
Speaker 2: Five? And what's been done to it?
Speaker 13: It's got new breaks, fuel ejectors, spark plugs, belt and whatnot, free shape, it's been garage most of it's black.
Speaker 2: But does that have a time though a change?
Speaker 5: It's got the timing change okay, so.
Speaker 2: You don't have to change it, okay? And is it in good? Does it look good?
Speaker 13: Does it's a great condition?
Speaker 6: No?
Speaker 13: Russ and whatnot?
Speaker 2: All right?
Speaker 13: Limits is in the interior, but overall it's in great shape.
Speaker 2: All right. So listen, if we're if you're going to sell this for four grand, you shouldn't have you shouldn't have a problem selling it for four grand. I mean no, I mean not really, So what what part of town are you in.
Speaker 13: Southeast Aurora?
Speaker 3: I mean that, can you know? Finding a car for under five grand nowadays is a miracle.
Speaker 2: It is.
Speaker 3: But it's got high mileage, there's no doubt about it. And that's just a little that's just a little. Uh Wait, is that that's not a V eight?
Speaker 2: Is it?
Speaker 13: Oh?
Speaker 2: That's not bad engine, that's not bad. That's a V eight. What do you think? What do you think they're selling for similar ones?
Speaker 17: Oh?
Speaker 13: On a KBB, which is always a hit or miss. He's saying anywhere from three to five thousands.
Speaker 3: So well, man, I don't know what you're looking at, but I'm seeing them for way more than that.
Speaker 13: Oh wow, okay, I mean I'm seeing them.
Speaker 2: You know. I love cars dot Com.
Speaker 3: They're pretty accurate and they cars dot com keeps track of everything, and what they do is then they give you a gauge on whether it's a good a good deal or not.
Speaker 2: And yours is an extra screaming deal. Did you know that? Maybe you didn't know that, bro.
Speaker 13: No, it's good to know. I'll check out cars dot com. That's very helpful.
Speaker 2: Tom.
Speaker 3: No, you know what, Yeah, I think I think it's understand But listen, if somebody right now, you leave your number. If somebody right now listening wants a two thousand grand share, one hundred and eighty five thousand miles been maintained, and I'm looking. I'm not trying to sell it. I'm not going to give it any I'm not going to say it's good or bad. I will say this, as far as price goes, I don't know, man, that is very Is it the Grand Cherokee L or Grand Cherokee Plane? Jaron Caerry XC which one?
Speaker 13: It's the Laredo Edition, so not the limited, but the Laredo.
Speaker 2: I wonder what designation that is? Is that the L? Maybe I don't know Grand Cherokee and.
Speaker 13: Go ahead, Hey this is about twenty four years old, so well if they had that in the tooth style, Yeah, so it's just a Laredos Maybe it is the L. That's a good point.
Speaker 3: But I will say this, Look, you are asking way under the market. Okay, I think you're underestimating. Well, I think you're underestimating what the self were right now. Okay, again, I'm not telling you to raise the price. I'd love one of my listeners to get a great deal, but I think you're.
Speaker 13: There's there's an incentive out there for people who are a low income can trade in an old twelve year old or older car for an EV and get six thousand from the state. So you know, here's almost someone does it, right, they could get an extra.
Speaker 3: CA hold on if they get to EV credit. Don't they have to get it for what they actually for the EV though?
Speaker 2: Right? They can't. They can't take an EV credit and buy another car.
Speaker 13: No, no, they would take They would buy this jeep and then trade it in for an EV. So it's just a step into the EV market if you will.
Speaker 2: Oh, I never thought of that. Why don't you do that?
Speaker 13: I'm unfortunately not low income, so knock on wood, I'm very fortunate.
Speaker 3: Okay, Well, you know I'm looking at some of these that are as low as yours. No, no, they're they're all higher, but they're they're only a little higher. And then I'm looking at some that are way higher. So I don't even know how they're pricing these damn things. It might just be on condition and is your is your condition? Are the seats all good?
Speaker 15: Oh?
Speaker 13: Yeah, they really are. The seats are good, and interiors in great shape and whatnot. It's been very well made.
Speaker 2: Any ding, I mean, any big dents or any bodywork needed.
Speaker 13: Nope, nope, nope. There's a couple of little baby Danco car doors, but nothing major. It's honestly in good condition.
Speaker 2: Okay, let me ask you something. Do you want to give out your number?
Speaker 13: Give it off the air if that's okay, interested.
Speaker 2: If anyone's interested, okay, hang on.
Speaker 3: Hey, you know, folks, it's not the screaming screening deal of the century, but it's definitely below market. Four grand for that, I mean, if it's if it's in good shape, have it checked out, people, don't, don't rely on me. Go with a sure thing Denver's Best roofer Excel Roofing dot com.
Speaker 2: You don't pay a cent until you're content.
Speaker 3: Time for an insurance check up free, no obligation in comparison, call Compass Insurance. Pay too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three O three seven to seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three all three nine two zero sixteen twenty two Hi, Tom Martino here three O three seven one three talk seven one three eight two five five. Welcome to the show. Today is Deputy day Man. We've had nothing but deputies. We've been sparse a little on calls, but we've had a ton of texts and other topics. And I did not I did not finish the bad restaurant habits. Okay, so hold on, so I said, first, they complained about their dish, but they ate most of it, Their kids roam free, they debate menu prices with the staff, they stay past the closing hours. Another one, they snapped their fingers, we said, for servers. Or they bring food or drink outside, oh, from outside into the restaurant. I've never seen that all once in a while would bring Starbucks into like a breakfast place.
Speaker 2: But then I still order.
Speaker 3: They show up fifteen minutes late for a reservation, or they leave a mess on the table, such as spilled drinks and food crumbs, Well, come on, all right then, Or they occupy a table for an extended period of time during very busy hours and just basically milk it.
Speaker 2: And then the other one is.
Speaker 3: They flirt with the staff. That's obnoxious. Come on, Stephen, what's going on? Or is it Stephan Stephen? Hey, what's happening?
Speaker 6: Oh? Yes, sir, I foller claim back in May about the State Farmer about my roof.
Speaker 3: Okay, now let me ask you. First of all, do you go by Stefan, Stefan or Steven?
Speaker 6: Everybody calls me Steve.
Speaker 2: Okay, Steve, listen, you're calling about your roof? Was this for a hell damage?
Speaker 6: Yes?
Speaker 2: Okay? And is the room finished? What's the issue right now?
Speaker 6: No? No, no, the roof doesn't. I received the the roof first estimate nineteen thousand dollars, pictures and everything, and State Farm sent their ad gesture out on the twenty ninth of June. And then they send me the the check for eleven thousand dollars. I guess that's what it is, or a voucher or whatever.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, but then they're going to give you the rest when it's done, right, yeah, I guess?
Speaker 6: So yeah?
Speaker 3: Okay, so State Farm sent you eleven grand to get started.
Speaker 2: Now what what else happened?
Speaker 6: What is it? Their deductibles? Three thousand?
Speaker 2: Okay? Did you okay, did you pay the roof for anything?
Speaker 6: Oh?
Speaker 2: Good? So what's your question?
Speaker 6: Do I? I guess I should wait till they call back.
Speaker 2: I guess, did you did you sign with this roofer?
Speaker 6: Huh?
Speaker 2: Did you sign with the roofer? Sign a contract?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 6: Good, I haven't signed anything.
Speaker 2: Good, don't sign anything. Who is the roofer?
Speaker 6: I just got I just got the rest of it. Picture.
Speaker 2: Who is the roofer? Who's the roofer?
Speaker 6: Uh? I can't remember the name, but just stay farm. They don't work for safe firm, but they furnished the a A company to come out.
Speaker 3: Okay, Steven, please listen to me. Don't use that roofer. I'm going to automatically tell you that if State Farm Insurance recommended the roofer, do not use them.
Speaker 2: I can just say that.
Speaker 6: As a jet.
Speaker 5: What's that I said?
Speaker 6: I haven't yet.
Speaker 3: I will give you the name of a roofer, one reliable where you don't pay one penny, not one until the job's completely done.
Speaker 6: Has that Red Rocks Roofing?
Speaker 3: No? Well, no, they do solo. They do red Rock roof and so it's Excel Roofing. Take down this number. I'm serious, Okay, I don't want to see anybody ripped off.
Speaker 2: I want you to call these people.
Speaker 3: Okay, just please call them and tell them Tom told look, I don't get a dime for that. I want you to call them, but tell them I told you to call and it's three oh three seven six one sixty four hundred and you.
Speaker 2: Have you will I can.
Speaker 3: I know that if I send you to them, I don't have to worry about anything.
Speaker 2: They're not gonna take any money. They're not gonna take a penny. They're not gonna do anything. All they're gonna.
Speaker 3: Do is is do your roof the right way, and when it's done, they'll collect.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 6: I'm supposed to do some got to repair.
Speaker 3: Too, they'll do that too. I'm telling you, I'm gonna just tell you this once. If you use the insurance come but he's preferred roofer, you will be screwed like it or not.
Speaker 2: I'm telling you that straight up front.
Speaker 3: Your insurance company does not, especially State Farm, does not have your best interest at heart.
Speaker 6: I know that too extensive.
Speaker 3: Yeah, well that's another thing. When you're done with State Farm in this claim, you should do an insurance checkup. And I'm serious, you make sure you're not paying too much. Sure, that's all right, Compass. See you've listened enough. You know what you're doing. So call Excel Roofing seven sixty one sixty four hundred. Then call when you're all done and get get an insurance checkup to see if you can get better insurance rates, because I'm almost sure you can, but not all the time. Sometimes they can't beat State Farm. Sometimes they can. It depends on the situation. And that's three oh three nine nine six.
Speaker 2: So I just feel that.
Speaker 3: That I could have saved this guy in big trouble because what happens with a preferred roofer.
Speaker 2: A preferred roofer is preferred for.
Speaker 3: A reason because they're not going to argue with State Farm. So if State Farm says we don't need to do this, don't do that, new flashing, don't do this, don't do that, then they'll say okay, because they want to stay preferred. By the way, we're out of time. I want to tell you to remember the number and use it. Three to zero three Martino. Leave a message. We will get back to three oh three six two seven eight four sixty six. Hey, have a great extended weekend if you're taking off money, and save all your problems for me.