Speaker 1: Thanks to Teaching Award for joining us in the last hour.
Speaker 2: We're gonna ran and think here wait Comma Sparrel hotline though we are a good friend from CBS for roomy being Romany.
Speaker 1: How's it going this evening?
Speaker 3: Oh it's going great. Dad, A little snowy, little snowy, So we're good.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm a little worried. I haven't looked outside yet. Don't only drive home.
Speaker 2: Its gonna look like I was just trying to hope that it wasn't sticking out there. But now you're suggesting that it's a little snowy out there. I might I might be in for a fun ride home.
Speaker 3: Yeah, in your car might be fun, and it might be fun.
Speaker 1: Yeah, even Roy's making I've got to get rid of that.
Speaker 2: That car used to be fun. It is no longer fun. That car used to be fun. It was fun a few years ago. It's no longer fun. I'm gonna have to I'm gonna be able to look out for a new car. That's that's something. So somebody get at me about a deal on a new car, especially like if you've got an electric thing, I kind of want to try that out.
Speaker 1: For one electric car I've been wanting to try it out. We'll see how it goes. H Roby. The Heisman finalists were a Now's. Nick and I had a bitter.
Speaker 2: Feud a bit on the earlier as NA Travis Hunter, Dash Janty we.
Speaker 1: Both agree on.
Speaker 2: But then Dylan Gabriel and cam Ward, whom I'm less appreciative of them being there where Nick was from their camp.
Speaker 1: I was talking up Army quarterback Bryce and Daily was the same number.
Speaker 2: Of touchdowns as Ashton Janty rushing, plus you know, the throwing touchdowns as well. Nick called me an idiot, and TJ. Ward came on and just totally agree with everything I said word for word. And I may be embellishing this slightly, but I do feel a little vindicated.
Speaker 3: Okay, Well, I'm unclear where TJ stands on this, but I'm with you. I wasn't overwhelmed by the quarterbacks choices. Almost felt like, well, you got to have quarterbacks in the race, you know. Dylan Gabriel, certainly, I understand that where he's led Oregon into and that is undeniable. But when you look at the numbers, the numbers, there's quarterbacks with better numbers out there, including I know you're gonna get me flax for this, but even including sirorth Anders, you's got better numbers than Dyllan Gabriel was one last game. Now again, Dylan Gabriel brought them to the one seed, and that speaks for something. You know, in a college football playoffs, first you're in the Big Ten, all of these things. But I'm not overwhelmed.
Speaker 4: By that choice. When I look at the two quarterbacks that are in the race.
Speaker 3: To me, that basically feels like, okay, no, this is just down to Travis national Genty, Like, I don't look at either of them and think that they have a realistic chance or should have a realistic chance of beating out Travis or Genty for one and two in that race.
Speaker 5: Robbie, if Travis is able to pull this off, he would become the second Buff to win the most Covenant Trophy in college football. What would that mean for the CU Buffs program?
Speaker 1: And I know you are alumni of the Buff organization.
Speaker 3: What was it?
Speaker 5: What would it mean for you? What would it mean for the fan base? But what would it mean mostly for the football program?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean it would mean a tremendous amount for that program. I mean, the first time since the great Vershankl would be you know, incredible, and it is one of those things that I think is a micro with everything that's gone on the past two years, I think there's a lot of people who devout buss fans that every pot that the bus would once again get back to right where they are national prominence, where you have got a bona fide Heisman candidate, the one that we believe should be standing up there with the hardware on Saturday evening. And of course it does a ton for recruiting and all of those things as well, but just tremendous for the program that gets a lot of love, gets a lot of hate.
Speaker 4: But to have someone like that walk through those halls.
Speaker 3: And be a bus and be solidified as a bus in that fashion, you know, it's it's tremendous and I think that for bus fans that truly means a lot. It means a lot.
Speaker 4: Really what's happened in the past two.
Speaker 3: Years where this program is really is really back and really in national relevance and it doesn't matter what school you go to to see a generational player like that has been incredible and I think that's truly how Buss fans feel. But this would just really pick it up out much more. And yeah, I mean the Heisman winner is a lot for a program, especially a program tho only ever had one before him.
Speaker 1: So I was romy Bean from from CBS.
Speaker 2: Romy You know, the Buffs are kind of pulling in a lot of the hardware as far as that kind of stuff goes.
Speaker 1: The accolades for Schidor and Travis Hunter.
Speaker 2: Meanwhile, Kitty Dillingham's got Arizona State and college football playoffs. What do you think has enabled his ability to uh take the program to that level of success even without perhaps some of the hardware of a Shidoor or Travis Hunter.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and Kenny Dillingham has been incredible. And you know what, if you go back to last season, he turned over the program much like Prime did here in Colorado, just a lot quieter. But I not positive on this. I believe he had the most the biggest turnover last year. I think it was more he had more, you know, transfers in and out last season than Prime did. I think he had somewhere around seventy. It was tremendous. So it's he has done in many ways a very.
Speaker 4: Similar thing when he went to Arizona.
Speaker 3: State and when Prime arrived at Colorado, again different in the amount of noise in the publicity of it.
Speaker 4: He kind of did it quietly, but he did that same thing where he took a program, he.
Speaker 3: Pushed out a lot of people that were part of the non winning culture beforehand, and he built it really from the ground up in such a short period of time. It's been tremendous. It's really been tremendous what he's done, and to do that, you know, in his own recruiting style and really his own way. But at the same time, not that different from what Prime did with turning.
Speaker 4: Over a program really two years in a row.
Speaker 3: So it's incredible what he's done, the culture that he's built in such a short period of time, and the way he did it again so quietly. It's very cool.
Speaker 4: You give him a tremendous amount of respect for what he did in many.
Speaker 3: Ways under the radar. Amazing that his program was picked to finish a last in the Big twelve. I mean, you just love to see it, right, And they never, you know, never spoke about it. They just they just put their heads down and went to work. But incredible with what he's built.
Speaker 4: And really with you know, no excuses, very high expectations.
Speaker 3: He doesn't really stand for.
Speaker 4: Any nonsense, you know, And he went about it again I've said it four times already, similar to how primed in you're one.
Speaker 3: So it's very cool to see what he's done well.
Speaker 5: With the biggest conversation opposite the Heisman and Shador Sanders has definitely been one.
Speaker 1: How great to see your buffs have done.
Speaker 5: And year two on the Coach Prime and with that expectation come with a lot of accolades and a lot of whispers and the fact of Coach.
Speaker 1: Prime possibly leaving see you and Boulder to head for the NFL.
Speaker 5: If you were advising Coach Prime, and I know you sit down with him during the season with your show on CBS four, if you could advise him, would you say, well, what would you tell Coach Prime as it pertains to either make it jumps in the NFL or possibly staying in Boulder for years to come.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I think big picture with Prime when you look at I think the.
Speaker 3: NFL in general is not a great fit for him. And what I mean by that is right, you can't win a Prime gear on the field, right, you can't really establish your own brand. You are a brand.
Speaker 4: You are part of whatever team's brand you join.
Speaker 3: If you are the head coach of the New York Giants, you're wearing Giants gear, right, You're not wearing Prime gear. It's different, right, the kind of in many ways it's see you. He kind of has cart blanche. You can know whatever he wants, and he is a savior in Boulder, right, and he.
Speaker 4: Can make make his own rules and people will go with the flow.
Speaker 3: And he has got a man in Rick George who supports, you know, his every move and will do everything he can to support him. So I think from that element, in terms of really just you know, the.
Speaker 4: Business side of it, I think college is a better fit.
Speaker 3: In that sense. And I also think we've coached Prime.
Speaker 5: Look.
Speaker 3: A big thing for him is mentoring these young men. It is about more than just football.
Speaker 4: I think he has a passion and a purpose.
Speaker 3: To really guide young men and help them, you.
Speaker 4: Know, become really contributing members of society. And you can speak to the Nick, it's different when you get it to the NFL. Those guys hear the message differently.
Speaker 3: They don't want to hear the same thing, right, they don't want to be mentored in the same way. It's different. This is a this is a job now. So I think that's the piece of it too. And you know, I think with Nil, you know, I'm a ton of power right that it's for kids who want to play there, who want to get to the next level, who are motivated with that staff. I think it's I think he's got you know, I think Colorado really is a great fit for it. You can really rule the roost. However, which way he wants, I've always thought the only way I think he goes to the NFL, and if there's an opportunity to coach.
Speaker 4: His son, I think he considers it right. But outside of that, I don't think he really has.
Speaker 3: An interest to elevate to the NFL unless it is doing that, you know, continuing that journey with his kids.
Speaker 1: So I was Roby Viene from CBS four.
Speaker 2: Robby, we're in the age of the alt cast, as it were. Tonight's Monday Night football game had the Simpsons alt cast.
Speaker 1: I don't know who asked for that, but that is a thing that happened.
Speaker 2: Are you a fan of any of these I suspect the Manning Cast is probably going to get the most you know, love here. But are you a fan of any of these alt casts, whether it's Nickelodeon or the Simpsons or whatever it may be.
Speaker 3: I do love the Maning Cast obviously. I think I gives I give a lot of love to the man Cast for sure. You know, it's funny because I feel like we are conflicted here with with this fund Bob.
Speaker 4: Alt cast, because there's there's a lot.
Speaker 3: Of raw memories there for Broncos fans. Right when it came to the Christmas Day massacre as it is known, and Patrick had some orders for Russell Wilson. We remember that one.
Speaker 4: But you know, I like it.
Speaker 3: I think it's fun. I think it's a fun way to bring in other fans. But I I do love the Manning Cast. Outside of that though, I kind of with like the Simpsons and that I'll watch a little bit, but try and keep it on the main cast.
Speaker 4: But I think it's nice for people who want to get into football.
Speaker 3: I don't got need to be with it.
Speaker 5: Well running Before you joined us, I put something out on social media about technology and how I felt technology was ruining relationships in the dating scene. And I also taught something out about a proposed app to help both men and women in a relationships kind of get alone better.
Speaker 1: Based on translation, Ben coined the app. You call it dude Speak from the makers of Coach Speaking.
Speaker 5: That's right, dudes Speak, where you can have your woman a significant other speak into the app and it translates it so the guy understands and we can communicate better.
Speaker 1: If there was such an app, would you be.
Speaker 5: In favor and would you be really promotive of this particular app?
Speaker 3: You know what, I think it's a pretty solid punnis. Actually, you know, it does borderline on like man's planing and women's planning.
Speaker 4: Yes, a little bit, but hey, you know what, I don't hate it.
Speaker 3: It could be a good communication to it. Uh, you know that's except the AI generator then for the women saying I'm fine, it's gonna have to come up with a lot of relations and honestly, I don't know if AI is ready to come up with all of the translations of what I'm fine means in so many settings. So that's your first blitch, that's your first hurdle. You got to overcome that.
Speaker 2: That's right, right, And also man's plating romy is when a man explains to a well she a.
Speaker 1: Man's plating, man's plating. See how that works?
Speaker 2: Oh my god, I got my mom on that would see mom by man's plating is when a man explains to her and she was like, I could, I swear I've never seen that level of anger pass over her eyes at one.
Speaker 6: Point, at one point in time talking with Robbie being for Robbie, we'll get the game coming up against the Colts this that's the biggest game in Denver since they're run up to Super Bowl fifty for the Denver Broncos.
Speaker 2: Because if you lose this game, the cults are one behind you with the tiebreaker. Matter of fact, every wildcard team in contention would own the tiebreaker on you, versuss putting some distance in between and possibly positioning yourself to not even be the last wild card, which gets you ostensibly a more favorable matchup there in the opening round.
Speaker 3: You know what it is fun? Right now?
Speaker 4: We are at a place where each game feels like it is the biggest game, right That's what everybody was.
Speaker 3: Saying about Monday nights, and up to that point it was the biggest game and you're right, that's Targeers game that comes on Thursday night have massive implications, but it doesn't matter if you don't beat the cult. So this is the biggest game to this point.
Speaker 4: And what's really exciting about where the Broncos.
Speaker 3: Are at right now is that we go back to all these previous seasons and it was just get a winning season, just try and sneak into the playoffs. And now, I mean, unless they're a colossal meltdown, this team is in the postseason.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 3: Of course, you have to take care business. You got to win games, and.
Speaker 4: So far this season, I think there is a lot of scar.
Speaker 3: Tissue with Broncos fans and Broncos country, and you know, seeing.
Speaker 4: Things happen that you expect the meltdown to happen, and this.
Speaker 3: Team doesn't do it.
Speaker 4: I thought in the Raiders game, he thought, Okay, I.
Speaker 3: Know how this one's ending, right that Monday night game, Okay, I have a feeling how this one's ending. And this team has done the opposite and they have found ways to win. And that's what I think makes this Colts game really exciting because you have a lot of competence that this team is going to show up to this game, prepare that they're not going to overlook it. So they're not going to be looking ahead to the Chargers game. They understand the implications of it, and so you feel like they're going to answer the bell. And so far this season, this team has given me no reason to believe that they're not going.
Speaker 4: To answer the bell because they have done it in so many scenarios that.
Speaker 3: In years past they simply wouldn't have. And that's a fun place to be. We haven't been there in a very long time.
Speaker 5: Well, speaking of kind of answering the bell, let's talk a little Nuggets really quickly. When we look at Nikola yolkis constantly carrying this team. My biggest concern is because he's doing so much heavy lifting, they're going to burn him out when they need him the most, He's not going to be there for them. When we look at this Nuggets team and where they are performing right now, do you have high expectations for them as the season move on or should Nuggets fans start to somewhat Dare I say lower the expectations?
Speaker 3: Well, I think you make a great point, because the conversation every year is we can't burn out Nikola Jokic, you know this early in the season.
Speaker 4: This has been the conversation.
Speaker 3: Year and and you're out where Michael alone says, I'd like to pull Jokic, you know, during the fourth quarter more.
Speaker 4: But they just simply haven't run.
Speaker 3: Away with enough games. And I mean, one hundred and four points in twenty four hours is incredible. It is incredible to watch. It's not what we should be seeing though, right big picture, he shouldn't have that much task on him game in and game out. And it's still the same conversation, guys that we've been having for years, how are they going to survive and non the cole of minutes and so at the end of games, you know, unless it's a runaway, can't have non the colon minutes.
Speaker 4: So it is a concern that once again.
Speaker 3: Nicole Jokic is in the game so much.
Speaker 4: He is incredibly durable, but we've seen this sail before.
Speaker 3: So they really have to figure out. And the onus is on Jamal Murray and it should be. He got paid a lot of money and he is not performing the way he should be performing. I would not be opposed to putting Russell Westbrook in the starting lineup and making Jamal reyear in those minutes a little bit. I think, honestly that might do Jamal good. Like that'd be some fire and we know he gets fired up by competition like that. But Jamal has to step up. Jamal has historically been a playoff player, but that just cannot be the situation right now. Obviously he hasn't played the past few games, but it is on him to carry a much bigger load and he needs to. He has to because you can't put this on Nicoliocauch again. Or it is as you said, Mack, he's gonna get burnt out and retired by the end of the season. And that's not a recipe for success.
Speaker 1: No, it's not. Romy We appreciate the time as always. You can get your own CBS for there, romy Bean. And again we do appreciate the time as always.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I appreciate you guys.
Speaker 1: Absolutely take care Roby Bean. We come back. We have the NFL six pack, all bright.
Speaker 2: Nick Ferguson, zacht Sea's here with you five six sixty nine zeros. The text line appreciate romy Bean joined us in the last segment.
Speaker 1: TJ Ward Rocco's no flies join us earlier in the program. You listen to that, you go to Broncos Country dot Com.
Speaker 2: Slash podcast or where we get your podcast applighting Spotify totally free, and also my Heart radio app.
Speaker 1: There's no grant, there's say nailed it. I just let it go. There you go. We're gonna save that one. With that, let's get to the NFL six pack. Time for the NFL.
Speaker 2: Six I'm gonna take a lot of insight and insight information you can't find anywhere else.
Speaker 1: I know, the top six NFL adline.
Speaker 7: What I heard you guys asking Romi about the Simpsons All Cast.
Speaker 1: Well though that you've had.
Speaker 7: A chance to see it either maybe on your screens or social media. Do you have an opinion on the Simpsons All Cast?
Speaker 1: You know, I do not. I didn't watch any of it. I haven't seen any of it.
Speaker 2: I'm sure I'll see the highlights of it on social media as far as that kind of stuff goes.
Speaker 1: I didn't care about the SpongeBob thing.
Speaker 2: I tuned into the Nickelodeon one for the curiosity factor back in the day, even the Manning one man like. Don't get me wrong, I go back and I listen to their conversations.
Speaker 1: But when I'm watching the game, I really don't want to. I want to watch a game. I don't need Peyton and.
Speaker 2: Eli and uh the guy who played Deuce Bigelow, you know, out there interrupting the game like it's like I just rob Scheinder, like I wanted.
Speaker 1: I just want to see the game. So I'm not a big fan of the old cast. I don't know. I've never talked to any kids. They're like, hey, it's.
Speaker 3: Gonna make me watch football because they dressed it up like the Simpsons, something I definitely don't watch anyway.
Speaker 1: So you know, it's like the Simpsons just cartoon for old people.
Speaker 5: Right, Well, I wouldn't say it's cartoon for old people been, because Simpsons has been around for several years and they are still inspiring a new generation.
Speaker 1: And was that your Simpson's voice? No, I mean I can do one like, I don't know what that is either. That was my Marge. I'll tell you, Zach.
Speaker 5: They showed it a little on one of the televisions here. I thought it was a little yeah, sophistication you add to a game, but I even has been. Do you think that's something that would encourage a younger viewers who look at football. I don't think that it does, but I do like the part where you can watch a game where you can you can they plan on Prime and you can go into one of the features and you can watch it like it's a.
Speaker 1: Mad video game.
Speaker 5: I think that and going in that direction with technology will kind of get more people to actually watch the game than something like.
Speaker 1: With the sims. If you could do any old cast, what would you what would you have?
Speaker 2: All you asking me? So I'm gonna say Star Wars. You have a Star Wars one? Like it's like a c G like an Ai James Earl Jones voice.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean that that's me. Well it's like Mike A. Parson Sack and somebody I am your father? Exactly what would you do? I don't know, man, that's a good question.
Speaker 2: Like I know I had the question complimenting myself on the question, but I don't know. I think a family Guy one would be funny, you know, going.
Speaker 1: At the refs.
Speaker 5: No, no, no, I can't go it can't do Family Guy No, no, no, it's not for kids.
Speaker 1: Well I'm just saying like I don't I mean, I'm trying to for the kid. I'm tholing you're talking about for me, like for the kids. Oh man, I don't know, I really don't.
Speaker 2: Honestly, I want like a I want like a Snoop all cast like Noseball, but he's also funny.
Speaker 1: Not not Snoopy but snoop dogg. Shoop dogg. Yeah, that's not one for the kids. Know, it's not gonna be love for the kids.
Speaker 7: That's got a nice little kids song popular right now. Yeah, it's I'll pull it up for the next break or something.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 7: Cadarius Tony played just two snaps on Sunday. The first one saw him get a fifteen yard time team penalty for throwing a football at Ben's Karnik.
Speaker 1: The second one saw him.
Speaker 7: Off a punt and have that punt get recovered by Ben's Kronick on the Browns about twenty yard line. Is this the last we've seen of Kadarius Tony in the NFL? Will this be the last GAF he gets to make Ben's Kirniic hopes not.
Speaker 5: Be.
Speaker 1: Karonic was making blazes off that dude all day. Yeah. Yeah, I don't know.
Speaker 2: I mean, Kidarius Tony's been a nightmare since he's been in the league to whatever team that he's been on, what is his third fourth team he's been on now, and he.
Speaker 1: Just can't get his head on straight. All you know, guy's got the talent, guy's got a old talent the world. We can't get his head on straight. I'd love to see him go up there. Where's he right now? He's with Browns.
Speaker 2: I'd love to see him go to the Steelers because Tomlin's got a, you know, as a history of getting head cases like that to play to their potential.
Speaker 5: Oh no, Ben No, I think the Steelers have had enough because they've had Antonio.
Speaker 1: Brown and Deontay Johnson.
Speaker 5: I mean, as skillful as Mike Tomlin is, as motivating.
Speaker 1: Guys Tamas Bryant, he's not trying to go for the tryfraxit No.
Speaker 5: I think listen, have the themes in with the Cleveland Browns. I think we may be on the version of hearing the last of Todars.
Speaker 2: Sony y pixfl or whatever it is now probably three.
Speaker 7: Juan Soto has signed a massive deal, record breaking deal with the New York Mets. You guys are talking about buying a championship earlier. Is this enough to put the Mets ahead of the Dodgers and Yankees sior estimation?
Speaker 2: Well, first of all, we always celebrate whenever Yankees fans are mad.
Speaker 1: We stand.
Speaker 2: We stand our hero Juan Soto for choosing the money with another team in celebrating national irony. As far as the Mets go, though, now, if they have no chance of waiting to go to the New York Mets, they're not gonna win. They're never gonna win. It's gonna be an abject disaster. And there's sunk a bunch of money into something else.
Speaker 1: That's not going up of one.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I agree with Ben. This is just going to be just a band aid, like on a gunshot one for the Mets fans, because once again, when you think about story tradition, you don't think Mets.
Speaker 1: You think more of the Yankees. You think more of the Dodgers.
Speaker 5: And I can't wait to Sodo go to you know, the Yankee stadium and hear the fans boo him.
Speaker 1: That's gonna be amazing. Yeah, I mean, I definitely here for that.
Speaker 2: But as far as the rest of it goes, I mean, the Mets like and they've met's been throwing money at it for a while.
Speaker 1: They still can't get it, can't get it together. So you know, I'm not.
Speaker 2: I'm not elevating them less. They the Met's still gonna get to the Dodgers. And that's that's just an arms race. That doesn't look like it because it's.
Speaker 1: Great for Sodo. He's got the player.
Speaker 2: I'm I'm just saying, like, for once, somebody passed on the Yankees for the money, and that that tickles apart of me.
Speaker 1: That's what's what you're happy about. Poor all right?
Speaker 7: Uh, Bill Belichick, you and C talk North Carolina. That is talk has been heating up all week long. H that those talks are reportedly going to reach their conclusion later this week. Which way do you think is going to go? And if you think he's going to be the target heels head coach? Will he be successful in shape will?
Speaker 1: I don't think he'll be their coach.
Speaker 2: I can't see Bill Belichick going to the college game and succeeding. I do understand the whole I'm setting it up for my son thing, and you know he'll be the coaching waiting and all.
Speaker 1: That kind of stuff. But I Bill Belichick's not the time to go the guy who's going to go glad hand boosters. And that's what you know.
Speaker 2: I head coach in the in college football, you're that guy. You're the face of the program, the guy's gladhead and recruits and boosters trying to cozy up to him.
Speaker 1: He gets he come to your bro.
Speaker 2: Can you imagine Bill Belichick trying to re recruit his own rock. Yeah, I know, I know I was parcelsing you all year, but turn over.
Speaker 1: New lead guys. Come on back. We'll top off a little bit more money on your nil deals and through your job.
Speaker 5: Well, you giving him Bill Belichick a lot more credit than I would actually give him, because he's not going to recruit the same guys. If those guys feel as though they want to leave, he's going to show them the door and give him his warm foot to help give them a boost outside the door. But when I think about Bill Belichick and where he is from, an old school type of coach, that type of philosophy wants work in the NFL, and it doesn't work anymore, even though some coaches still employed. But on the collegiate level, that's not going to work because you're trying to cater to young athletes anywhere from eighteen to twenty two. They're not going to be filling with Belichick tell you well, and they're not even Teli chick doesn't have the pulsive use. Yes, and we talk about translator app. He's gonna definitely need a translator app to talk to some of the new kids that will play, you know, football.
Speaker 1: Now, you only Bill can have that conversation about the new Drizzy. No, I don't think so.
Speaker 5: No.
Speaker 1: Five.
Speaker 7: All right, see you and BYU are primed to square off in the Alamobile this year. Do you think this is a disappointing draw for the CU Buffs? And who do you think whin's the game?
Speaker 2: Absolutely nobody wants to see a regular season rematch at a meetingless bowl game. If you're gonna give us an exhibition game, which is what the bulls outside of the college playoffs are now, then you don't want a rematch of something that happens during the season.
Speaker 1: You don't want a conference you don't want a conference opponent.
Speaker 2: That's that's silly, it's stupid, and I don't understand why they would do that to me.
Speaker 1: That was that's ridiculous.
Speaker 2: It's definitely disappointing, dumb matchup, and I don't know why.
Speaker 1: I don't know why you would do this.
Speaker 5: I would agree with you because when we look at these Bowl games, obviously you look for fan bases that travel, and you always look for my key matchups. Something you could say, well, did you who did you play in the bowl game? And did you be You're out of conference rival, and right now with this matchup is not really giving us much because I mean, we could have seen this in the big world matchup. I mean, if you see you had meat, you know, Kansas State, I mean, excuse me, Kansas, But I don't really want to see it, but I will watch it for the.
Speaker 1: Purpose of seeing it.
Speaker 5: Both Shador and Travis Hunter both playing in this game.
Speaker 7: Six all right, we saw yesterday Josh Allen played an incredible game for the Buffalo Bills.
Speaker 1: I fear I might be re sparking the Heisman debate here.
Speaker 7: But had an incredible game for the Buffalo Bills six total touchdowns, but the Bills still lost. Do you think that incredible performance helped Josh Allen's MVP case or do you think it ultimately hurt his case because the Bill's lost.
Speaker 1: I think helped.
Speaker 2: I mean the first ball, the performance was historic, and the fact that you put up an historic performance as a quarterback like that, and your defense, by the way, you're run by a defensive minded head coach, is unable to do anything to stop the rams. Yeah, I gotta say I think that helped his candidacy. I think if you're looking at MVP this year, I think you got three guys that are probably in that running maybe four, Lamar Jackson, Saquon Barkley, Josh Allen.
Speaker 1: Maybe you're putting Joe Burra in there. I don't know.
Speaker 2: I mean, you know he's got no defensive help, but he's certainly putting the offense pedal to the metal this season.
Speaker 1: What's say your nick?
Speaker 5: Well for me, you know, when you look at Saquon barcol, I'm glads you brought him up. He's having a monster year within the self. But we know how the NFL works. In order to keep the machine moving, you have to grease the injurines with the quarterback talk. And it was a magnificent performance by Josh Allen. You throw forward three touchdowns and you rushed for another three. So yes, you see the leading guy right now in the clubhouse when it comes to.
Speaker 1: The MVP, Alps freakolutely.
Speaker 5: But here's a problem for Josh Allen and the Buffalo Bills. While Josh is actually performing at that particular rate, it is not going to be enough. In my opinion, I will stand corrected if it changes for him to get to New Orleans and play in the Super Bowl. There's still much to be desired from this Buffalo Bills team.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean, I think end of the day, Josh has got the stats for the MVP and all that kind of stuff. I think he's got the personal the numbers put up, and when you look at that Bills team, it's not exactly like he's doing it with world beaters surrounded him, you know. I mean, she's elevating the guys around him that said you gotta win. I mean, the MVP award has become the quarterback of the winning team in the NFL, which is what I was trying to rail against with the Heisman vote.
Speaker 1: You know earlier that the winnings team's quarterback just gets in there. I hate that. I hate that that's the way that the order.
Speaker 2: But Josh also has the stats this year, and so if they're not the winning team. I kind of wonder, you know, when it comes down to the AFC we get the the AFC Championship Game, if it's Baltimore and Kansas City. Did Josh Allen get shut out on MVP despite having the numbers?
Speaker 5: Well, for me, when I look at Josh Allen and the Bills, I mean when you look at just rushing, I mean he led the team in rushing. It's one of the reasons why when we look at fantasy football, I would never pick up a Bill's running back as long as Josh Allen is a quarterback because I know once they get inside the red zone, their running back slash quarterback is going.
Speaker 1: To take over and he's going to score.
Speaker 5: And for me, when I look at this situation, it's great to say that you score forty two points.
Speaker 1: It's great to.
Speaker 5: Say Josh Allen threw for three touchdowns and he rushed for three, But I'm looking at, well, where's the incorporation of everyone else within the team. I mean, he did have some ball distribution with his wide receivers. But once again, Josh Allen cannot win the Super Bowl by himself. And I know we always talk about players and strong will. I like the fact of what he's able to do as a player independently, just skill set wise, but he's not going to be the catalyst to them getting there and winning it all by himself. He's got to lean on his team, and I get it. Sometimes you got to embrace the Kobe mentality and take over. But I mean, for me, I don't know, Ben, you tell me what you think. I just I just look at it and said, well, great performance, but man, you're gonna need to do more than that and kind of win these games down the stretch.
Speaker 2: Allen the third through thirteen games has three thousand and thirty three yards twenty three touchdowns to five interceptions, and then on the ground another eighty cawries for four hundred and sixteen yards another nine touchdowns there.
Speaker 1: James Cook does have more yardage and touchdowns on.
Speaker 2: The season, but not my whole lot and certainly not where you'd want a primary running back to be.
Speaker 1: Josh Allen running the ball as much. Is this gonna truncate his career similar to what happened to Cam Newton.
Speaker 5: Well, it all depends on the level of shots he's taken, right, because that's a big thing because unlike Trevor Lawrence, man, you run and get your yards, get.
Speaker 1: On the ground.
Speaker 5: You know the defenders are coming, they're hunting you. They don't put yourself in harm's way and force the fish shoes to make somewhat of a judgment call. But Josh Allen, man, that's just who he is. He's gonna take the ball inside the red zone and he's going to try to make it play. Even that means that he's jumping and diving over guys. He's gonna make that play. But I think it's going to shorten his career if he does not learn, hey, man, take what the defense giving me and get the hell on the ground.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And that's that's sint of the thing.
Speaker 2: I mean, Cam, you know, got to the point where the shots and and the number of carries that he had just just finally took their toll and and you know, and and of course he had that car accident with his back as well. But he's just that's one of those things I wonder like Josh Allen, that's who he compares most favorably to. If you want to know who he compares to, if you compare him to a historic quarterback. That's the guy he compares to, you know, the big guy, tough to bring down, cannon arm h and runs the ball and we'll run the ball on you. And you know, I think Cam and his prime was was probably a better athlete. But it's the same token. I mean, that's that's what it is. So if you're Buffalo, you got to find a way to protect the wear and tear on Josh Allen because as you're looking at this year over year, it's getting into that territory in terms of the number of hits you're taken.
Speaker 5: Well, the one thing we do know, the hints on quarterback, they are accumulative and you may not feel them now, you feel them later. As a guy that played ten years in this league, I can tell you that what didn't bother me ten years ago, now.
Speaker 1: I got a roommate I can't get rid of.
Speaker 5: Right, So the same thing should be the mindset for Josh Allen. But being able to lean on your other teammates that's going to be very vital for him because if he gets injured down the stretch, everything that he's worked for, the Bills being you know where they are from a standing standpoint, him throwing for three touchdowns and rushing all that sensation of stuff, it all goes away because now you give Kansas City an opportunity to leap frog you.
Speaker 1: Yet again, you do believe Josh should be the MVP conversation. Of course he should be in a coup suit. His rushing touchdowns be counted? Should does Russian touchdowns be counted? No, Texter almost has a year.
Speaker 2: I was seven to one four, says Nick doesn't believe Josh's rushing touchdown should count says they don't for college quarterbacks.
Speaker 1: I thought we were going to catch you on that one. Nope, should be absolutely, should be counted. Absolutely.
Speaker 2: And by the way, in defense of Bryson Daily, go back and look at Heisman winner Eric Crouch's Heisman winner Eric Crouch's numbers during his high and compare those to Bryson Dailies today. Bryce and smokes him in every category. Okay, he might smoke him in every carry category.
Speaker 5: But how much did Eric Cruch winning the Heisman actually carry forward for him?
Speaker 1: That's not about but who cares about that? It's about the.
Speaker 2: Most when he cared for Charlie Ward's.
Speaker 5: Career, Well, Charlotte was better than both of those guys. Let's be totally honest. I mean, Charlie Joe's basketball playing with the Knicks over football, which.
Speaker 1: And I ain't mad at it because he guaranteed money and more.
Speaker 2: Of course, move on. I'm just saying, I mean, like it's you know, I mean, you go back and you look at uh at Heisman winners.
Speaker 1: And some of that stuff doesn't carry over. Pete Dawkins didn't even didn't even enter the NFL draft. He wouldn't go see he went to serve his country. Hey, it's another winner for army. I'm just saying, he listen, man, you have an army. There there is a product. Did the Heisman helped push Winky out?
Speaker 5: No?
Speaker 1: We didn't, all right, did? I never thought Aboutretta?
Speaker 5: I did think Winky was a great quarterback anyway, What about Gino Torretta? I mean no, no, Andre Ware, no, no, no, and no
Speaker 1: Just saying Froncos country name becking this