Speaker 1: You're listening to Bill Handle on demand from KFI AM six forty.
Speaker 2: And also the photo that Trump has, which most of us think is photoshop, that Gavin Newsom actually igniting the fire itself, putting a bunch of firewood next to a gas station, lighting it and running away.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that one is probably not true. And now handle on the news, ladies and gentlemen. Here's Bill Handle, and.
Speaker 2: Good morning everybody. It is a Friday, foody Friday morning, January twenty four. Presidents coming into town today. Can't wait for that one. And I'll talk a little bit more about that. Let me quickly say hello to the crowd before we get started. Morning, Neil, Good morning, Willie wool Good morning, Kno good morning, Good morning Bill.
Speaker 1: And there's Ann good morning, Good morning Bill and Amy, good.
Speaker 3: Morning, and good Friday morning to you.
Speaker 1: Yes it's a good Friday, it is. Yes, we do.
Speaker 2: Oh well, a couple of things that I want to put on the table before we get into handle on the news. First of all, I told you the present's coming in. There's a whole world to that. Also, one of the things about the fires, I think Amy mentioned this. As horrific as they are, the sunsets are spectacular. It's a very, very big, big price to pay for sunsets. And it reminds me of that age old phrase that sailors have red skies in the morning, sailors take warning red skies at night.
Speaker 1: Pay attention to what happened in the morning. It is those sunsets. Do I have that wrong? Yeah?
Speaker 3: That sounded a little a sailor's delight.
Speaker 2: Oh oh okay, thanks Carno. All right, so it's the memory issue, you know. I'm getting you the point now where the bench is actually hitting.
Speaker 1: What else was I going to say? Exactly? See my point.
Speaker 2: The other thing is today we're going to do ask handle anything after Foody Friday, Foody Friday eight to eight twenty ask handle anything, which we've been doing broadcasting for a few weeks now, and you get to ask me anything.
Speaker 1: We have some recordings.
Speaker 2: And the way it works is if you want to ask me a question, a personal question, don't gonna be politics. Oh you're gonna ask me politics. I don't care, but I don't want your opinion on politics. Here's what you do when you can do that this morning too. Still you still have time to record and Neil and and we'll pick it up and if it's a great question, boom it goes in. You go to the iHeart app. During the course of this show with sometimes this morning, you go to the app, click onto the KFI page and it'll be this show. At the top of the right hand corner will be a small microphone. Click on it, and no longer than fifteen seconds, ask your question. Yeah, whatever the hell question you want to ask. And it's great fun because we're it's humiliating for me, and you know, I humiliate you as a matter of course, and I really really enjoy it. And one of the things about this show, which has been going on for decades, is I don't have very much of a thin skin. I mean, I dish it out pretty good, but you know I can take it. Neil dishes that out for me a lot. I've been trying to have Neil fired now for over a year and management.
Speaker 4: Says, I'm sorry, I appreciate that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's okay, all right.
Speaker 2: And the President coming in the president lands when he goes to lax and by the way, president's coming into town are a pain in the ass. It's it's horrific any president coming in because the streets.
Speaker 1: Are all blocked. It's it's just god awful.
Speaker 5: But first Trump said that it's going to be the best president coming in.
Speaker 1: In the history of the United States.
Speaker 5: I get coming in and traffic is going to be beautiful. Traffic is beautiful.
Speaker 1: Yeah, on the west side its smooth.
Speaker 2: Right where the palisades are, Sunset is the only way in.
Speaker 1: There's basically one road.
Speaker 3: And no one's ever seen anything like it before.
Speaker 1: Yes, and it is. It's already jam.
Speaker 2: You know what you're going to see is presidential bulldozers, National bulldozers from the Fire Service actually going down the road and pushing fire trucks off the road so the presidential convoy can make it over to the areas. So ambulance. That's going to be interesting. I've never seen that before. All right, so he comes in. One of the things that's really neat about when a president comes in. If you ever have the opportunity, this is legit. You go down to lax and you stand on I think Supulvida and that's at the end of the runway. The president lands at the Imperial Terminal. It does not land in ord terminal, so it's a cargo terminal. That's south of the other runways, and no flight fifteen minutes before, fifteen minutes after, nobody is allowed.
Speaker 1: Near air Force one.
Speaker 2: And you see this blue dot in the distance and there's nothing else in the sky, and it gets closer and closer, and then you then you start recognizing air Force one, that magnificent seven forty seven with that gorgeous.
Speaker 1: Blue paint job.
Speaker 2: And of course Trump has changed that to just under Jackie Kennedy.
Speaker 1: She's the one that made designed.
Speaker 2: She had a designer come up with that paint scheme, which is magnificent. And I'm just really unhappy that's going away anyway. It's really neat. And you go, that's the President of the United States and that plane, what.
Speaker 4: What's he changing it to?
Speaker 2: Oh it's botty though, it's whatever. And then little tiny stripes of red, white and blue. It looks like any airliner, it doesn't, you know.
Speaker 4: I love the look of Air Force one.
Speaker 2: I know, and he's changed it. He's changed it, which is just a shame because the Air Force one, the logo and the big seal of the President of the United States, I mean, Jackie Kennedy did that, and just it's astounding how good. It looks so anyway, president comes in and that's the president the United States, and then you realize Trump on Air Force one really is slumming versus what he gets on the Trump plane, because on Air Force one, for example, the front of the plane is the.
Speaker 1: Bedroom, and it really couches that.
Speaker 2: The purser makes up into beds. It's almost like a pull out couch. From what I understand, the Trump plane has a full king sized bed and a full bedroom with you know, the lamps and you know the over you know, basically it looks like an Iranian bedroom, you know, completely overdone with guilt and marble and pillars and chandeliers. And never seen the interior of his apartment in New York and Trump Tower.
Speaker 1: It's very understated. It's very elegant.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I've seen pictures. It is a lot of gold and a lot of.
Speaker 1: Gold shares their gold.
Speaker 5: It's kind of opulence. Isn't attractive to me.
Speaker 2: It's very baroke and a lot it is when I make jokes about you know, that's the way the Iranians do it. That's the way the Iranians do it. It's probably one of the few airplanes in the world that actually has marble pillars inside the airplane.
Speaker 4: If they are Barke? What don't fix it? Or you stole that from what?
Speaker 3: From h Beauty and the Beast?
Speaker 4: Oh I actually did it?
Speaker 3: It is Barke. Don't fix it?
Speaker 1: Oh okay, let's do it. Handle on the news with Amy and me lead story.
Speaker 2: The governor signed a two point five billion dollar bipartisan relief package to help LA recover and rebuild after the after the fires.
Speaker 1: Now I have a question.
Speaker 2: It's described as a bipartisan as if it needs bipartisan support.
Speaker 1: I mean, the.
Speaker 2: Democrats have a super majority, so whatever the hell they want to do. I don't even know why Republicans show up to the legislature. But who is going to vote against it? Who's going to say, nah, I'd rather not help Los Angeles. So I'll be talking about that coming up at seven to twenty. You go through some of the specifics and give you some information and where to go.
Speaker 1: It's good. It's a good thing. I mean, obviously it had to be done. And this is just a state.
Speaker 4: Mind you.
Speaker 2: We're not talking about the FEDS anymore. The county or not about the feds, the county, the city. What's going to happen. Also private money coming in, for example that benefit concert. I don't know how much that's going to raise, but the lineup is insane on that one.
Speaker 6: Okay, Trump gets his first slap back. A federal judge in Washington said that President Trump's executive order to end birthright citizenship was, in his words, blatantly unconstitutional, and he issued a temporary restraining order to block it. The judge is a Ronald Reagan appointee and said yesterday, I have been on the bench for over four decades. I can't remember another case whether the question presented was as clear.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And he went on, where were the lawyers when the decision to sign the executive.
Speaker 1: Order was made?
Speaker 2: He said, it boggled the mind that a member of the bar would claim that this birthright order was constitutional. And by the way, though, even though I talked about it yesterday, even though it says specifically in the fourteenth Amendment, anybody born in the United States is a citizen, thank you.
Speaker 1: How unequivocal is that? However, I think what he's hanging his hat on.
Speaker 2: And I've read some of the constitutional pundits is following part of that phrase and under the jurisdiction of the United States, and that's where he's going saying that kids mean, he is saying that they're not under their jurisdiction if they're illegal. You know, much like we talked about yesterday, when you have the children of diplomats, they're not native born Americans, even though they're born on American soil, they're not under the jurisdiction of the United States. You know, for example, you've got diplomats have immunity, they have a governmental immunity. They commit a crime, the worst that happens, you throw them out.
Speaker 4: I have a question.
Speaker 5: So if there is an embassy and someone was born in the embassy, that's not technically the United States.
Speaker 1: Oh it's absolutely not the United States.
Speaker 2: But it doesn't even matter if the kid is not born in the embassy, if his parents or his or her parents are part of the diplomatic staff, that child is not an American citizen.
Speaker 4: Okay, so there is there.
Speaker 1: Is an exception.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but it doesn't it's not gonna fly. And I can't even imagine the court going on over that. It's a I think it is a political statement. Oh another one yesterday we talked about that memo from Department of Health and Human Services. Remember the DEI programs, and you have to snitch on anybody that you think is involved in DEI.
Speaker 1: I had dinner with Jim Jim Keiney last night.
Speaker 2: You know, he's medical director of Saint Mary Saint Mary Medical Group, so he runs the hospital. He got that memo. What he got the memo from the Department of Health and Human Services. Specifically, here's what you must do wrap up any DEI. Anybody at the hospital involved in DEI has to be let go immediately or has to be put on paid leave while we figure it out. And anybody who you think is even secretly or slipping in a DEI issue, you have to let us know. He said that memo was just the weirdest thing he has ever gotten.
Speaker 1: I mean, he was just stunned.
Speaker 4: Wow.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Okay, moving on all right.
Speaker 5: Pete Haig Seth, of course, President Donald Trump's nominee to lead the Pentagon, told the Senate Armed Services Committee that he paid fifty thousand dollars as part of a confidentiality agreement to a woman who alleged he sexually assaulted her. Now, he referred to it as a nuisance claim and He was never charged with a crime in connection with the twenty seventeen incident Monterey, California, but he said he reached a settlement agreement that included a confidentiality clause with his accuser to prevent her from trying to tarnish his career.
Speaker 2: Yeah. No, let me ask you a question, okay, And not that I'm going to defend him, but I'm going to defend the concept if you take it as his word that it was a consensual agreement, consensual and it's an affair, you know, and there's a whole issue about, you know, adultery, et cetera.
Speaker 1: She makes the accusation.
Speaker 2: He's working at Fox, he knows his career is done the instance that goes public. And his position is it was a consensual affair, and here is an accusation, here's fifty grand. Shut up about it. I don't want to lose my job. It's today. I don't think it would be an issue. I don't think so today if someone was accused of adultery, Eh, who cares. Back in the day, you know the me too movement with that, it's high. Let me tell you it was any sexual affair was somehow not consensual. There was the thing as a consensual affair. It was exploitative, exploitive.
Speaker 1: No matter what.
Speaker 2: So you know, I mean, and if you believe the allegation about the the impropriety or the assault is true, well then there's no issue. But I can see his argument and paying it off in the NDAs. By the way, those NDAs are no longer valid in the state of California.
Speaker 4: You know that.
Speaker 2: The state changed it where you can't be held responsible if you sign an NDA and you go public with it.
Speaker 5: Really yeah, fine for anything like if you work for no regarding no regarding sexual you know, a sexual impropriety or just having a sexual affair.
Speaker 1: If I'm having an affair with you, Neil, and I don't want the world.
Speaker 2: To know that you and I spoon and you know we you know, have those kinds of activities, which, by the way, I've had better.
Speaker 1: I just want to point that out.
Speaker 4: Well I'm partial to forking, go.
Speaker 1: There you are.
Speaker 2: The point is is that I have you sign an NDA, I can't hold you to it.
Speaker 5: Okay, Well, I'm not gonna give up my rights for fifty thousand. I'm going to let you know right now. I'm squeezing you for everything you're worth.
Speaker 1: Well, you're squeezing me in general. Okay, that's enough of that.
Speaker 2: As we go off on tangions to say the police, okay, enough.
Speaker 1: Of that's Friday. It's Friday. Leave me alone, all right, Amy, you're up.
Speaker 3: Round two just around the corner.
Speaker 6: The next hostages for prisoners swap is set to take place over the next day, as the truce between Israel and Hummas appears to have held for its first week. Under the terms of the agreement made between Israel and Hummas, Hamas has to send the names of four female hostages that it plans to release tomorrow, and then Israel will publish the names of the more than one hundred Palestinian prisoners that it is going to set free.
Speaker 4: Okay, wow, not usually that quiet?
Speaker 1: All right?
Speaker 5: Nearly four minute audio recording and I heard it this morning on Wake Up Call, allegedly captured show Heyo Tawani's former interpreter.
Speaker 4: Was it, Epei, Missuhara?
Speaker 1: Did I take a break already? Did you know I thought I went to break? Didn't I know you did that? Oh? Wow? I was just thinking of the next story of the story.
Speaker 2: Actually, now you know what I was looking at my commercial that I was going to do for Reuben Adjusting. It's the new commercial, and I was that was going through my head on Okay, why don't you do that again, Neil?
Speaker 4: Neil, please go ahead, thank you.
Speaker 3: Try It's Friday, Neil.
Speaker 1: It's Friday, Nel, leave me alone day.
Speaker 5: Okay, we do that every day. It's Tuesday, Neil.
Speaker 1: Well, you know what, let me do. Hold on, you know what I want to do.
Speaker 2: Just hang on a minute, because we do have to take a break and we're going to come back and I'm probably going to do a Reuben Adjusting commercial, the one that I've been looking at, and I'll.
Speaker 5: Probably talk about a four minute audio recording.
Speaker 1: And that's when we come back.
Speaker 4: Okay, I bet you I haven't heard this one before.
Speaker 5: On nearly four minute audio recording allegedly capturing show Hey Otani's former interpreter impersonating him in a call with a bank.
Speaker 4: It's crazy.
Speaker 5: I heard it on Wake Up Call this morning with Amy attempting to transfer two hundred thousand dollars for what he describes as a car Loan Wow, and it referenced. This was reference in a court filing of obtained by the Associated Press. It's being used to back up prosecutors push for nearly five year sentence for Misuhara, who previously pled guilty to bank and tax fraud for stealing almost seventeen million dollars.
Speaker 4: From the Dodgers star. That's just insane.
Speaker 1: Yeah, clearly you have Dick Slexia. You can't you mix up fours and fives?
Speaker 4: Was a.
Speaker 1: Do I have this right? The next story was going to be a Hamas and then the uh Amy.
Speaker 3: No, we already did that one.
Speaker 4: I already did him.
Speaker 1: We did that.
Speaker 6: We did the Hamas story while you were looking at your script seriously.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yes, do you want to go back to it?
Speaker 2: No, I'm oh, that's why you were You know what this morning. I'm already out of the show.
Speaker 1: You know that. I'm already done. It's Friday.
Speaker 4: You want do you want to go?
Speaker 1: Why don't you go?
Speaker 4: We'll take care of it.
Speaker 1: No, that's okay, that's okay, All right, let's go ahead and move on.
Speaker 3: Okay.
Speaker 6: The foil Cap conspiracy crowd has got to be salivating Forresident Trump has announced that he's going to declassify all remaining files from the assassination of President John F. Kennedy is brother Robert F. Kennedy and civil rights leader Martin Luther King Junior. He signed an executive order at the White House yesterday and says he wants his Director of National Intelligence and the Attorney General to take about two weeks to come up with a plan on releasing the JFK files, and then they have forty five days to come up with plans to release the RFK and MLK files.
Speaker 2: Which makes all of sense in the world. I completely agree with Trump on this one. Why would files regarding the JFK assassination nineteen sixty three would still be classified?
Speaker 1: Why everybody is dead?
Speaker 2: Whatever national security is involved, You tell me from nineteen from the nineteen sixties now was in the middle of the Cold War.
Speaker 1: Maybe there is some connection.
Speaker 2: You know, there was an argument that Russia somehow was involved in this, but it's do you think it's time for us to know everything, including Martin Luther King, including Robert Kennedy.
Speaker 4: If Russia was involved, wouldn't that be an act of war?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Pretty much.
Speaker 2: But the point is, but this was so long ago it would be and maybe they kept it and no one wanted to deal with it, and the government didn't want to confront it, and there was evidence or it was bad evidence.
Speaker 1: But we have no idea. But the point is now, what you know? How long do you keep it? How long do you keep it secret?
Speaker 4: Aren't you curious?
Speaker 1: Yes?
Speaker 4: What they have?
Speaker 5: Yes?
Speaker 2: I just saw another documentary on the JFK assassinations by ninetieth one that I saw.
Speaker 4: You. Did you learn anything new on it?
Speaker 1: No? Not really.
Speaker 2: It's just what the doctor saw versus It's basically on the autopsy.
Speaker 1: What was the.
Speaker 2: Difference between what the Secret Service and the doctor saw at Parkland versus what the official autopsy was at Bethesda, and the two sort of contradict each other. And then they put they tried to put the pieces together, and they didn't do a really good job.
Speaker 1: That was what that was about. Okay, let's move on.
Speaker 5: United Healthcare announced the new CEO, boy that's a brave person, on Thursday, filling the spot after Brian Thompson was shot and killed in Midtown Manhattan in a targeted attack. So the company veteran Tim Noell or Noel, is the new United Healthcare CEO, the company said in an email statement. Noel has been the head of the company's Medicare and Retirement Division, according to the company's website.
Speaker 4: Okay, so what you're back.
Speaker 1: I mean it was only a question at a time as they search for someone.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but who's You're right.
Speaker 2: The guy has some guts. I'll tell you one thing. He's never going to take a walk around Manhattan on his own.
Speaker 4: I wonder if he negotiated for personal security.
Speaker 1: Oh, there was no question. It's not even a question of negotiating.
Speaker 2: You have these major corporations who now are forcing It's almost like the Secret Service with the President.
Speaker 1: You have no choice. We cannot let you be at risk. You run this company.
Speaker 6: More than just a drop in the hat for the Sackler family. Members of the family who own oxy conton maker Purdue Pharma, and the company itself have agreed to pay seven point four billion dollars in a new settlement to lawsuits over the toll the drug has taken. It replaces a previous settlement deal that got rejected by the US Supreme Court last year. In the new one, the Sacklers agreed to pay up to six and a half billion dollars and give up ownership of the company, which would pay nearly nine hundred million dollars and apparently the previous deal would have them pay five hundred million in the Supreme Court apparently said that wasn't enough.
Speaker 2: So yeah, also, and the Sacklers were off the hook too, and the previous settlement done finished this settlement, they still can be sued.
Speaker 3: Did you see that movie what's it called?
Speaker 4: I don't?
Speaker 1: I did?
Speaker 3: So what about this whole?
Speaker 1: A great movie? Yes, I did.
Speaker 2: It is fascinating, and that actually all of the truth, I mean, those facts were true as it happened.
Speaker 4: All right.
Speaker 5: CNN is laying off roughly two one hundred employees, or about six percent of its workforce. This is all part of their plan and their chief executive Mark Thompson, saying that their shift the cable TV brand to emphasize towards digital growth. They're saying that this is a response to the profound and irreversible shifts in the way audiences in America and around the world consume news.
Speaker 1: Yeah, no one trusts CNN anymore, No mainstream media. They're all at Newsmax. What does that tell you?
Speaker 3: Okay, the name of the movie, by the way, is Painkiller.
Speaker 1: Yeah it's great.
Speaker 6: Yeah, Okay. The fires even hit the mayor close to home. La mer Bass says her brother lost his home in the Palisades fire. She says he had lived in Malibu for forty years, been through a lot of fires, had been forced to evacuate the home times, but this time wasn't able to get away and then La County DA Nathan Hoffman also said that his sister lost a home in the Pacific palises.
Speaker 1: How many people do we know? I know three people, No, three people who lost their homes.
Speaker 4: That's horrible.
Speaker 1: It is, it's horrific.
Speaker 5: I know one of her brothers and he is one of the kindest, nicest people you will ever meet.
Speaker 4: I'm hoping it wasn't him. President Donald Trump.
Speaker 5: Has revoked the security detail from his former Secretary of State Mike Pompeo. He'd received ongoing protection due to threats from Iran after taking a very hard line policy towards the country during Trump's first administration. And you know, reporters asked Trump why, and he said, hey, when you have protection, you can't have for the rest of your life.
Speaker 4: You know.
Speaker 2: Comes In the meantime, Pompeo had all kinds of death threats against him by Iran. John Bolt just had his security detailed yanked because he was the former UN ambassador and he came out against Trump.
Speaker 1: I interviewed him when he.
Speaker 2: Wrote his book, not very not favorable towards Trump. He just had his security detail and General Mark Milly Do I have his name right?
Speaker 1: Ay? That it is Mark Milly who former chief of staff.
Speaker 2: There is a former chief Joint Chiefs of Staff.
Speaker 1: He was head of the Joint Chiefs.
Speaker 2: They have portraits of all of the former Joint chiefs along the wall in the Pentagon.
Speaker 1: His just was taken down day one.
Speaker 2: Hey, you know when you're on the wrong side of this guy, you are on the wrong side of this guy New World. Yeah, it's well, we're in. As I said, we're in for a huge ride. It's going to be absolutely fascinating. He didn't disappoint with day one. He did not disappoint. He says, this is what I'm going to do, and he was elected to do exactly that of this country wanted that to happen, and it did.
Speaker 1: All right, go ahead, Amy.
Speaker 6: I'm just gonna say, and today we're in today five, and there's no signs of slowing down.
Speaker 1: Oh no, I can't.
Speaker 2: Trump is arriving today he'll be at LAX and Newsom is set to meet him at the tarmac.
Speaker 6: Well, Newsom says he's going to meet him at the tarmac, but he hasn't had any communication apparently with the White House.
Speaker 1: So what does Trump do?
Speaker 2: Because there's Newsom sitting at the foot of the stairs coming off of Air Force one, what does Trump do at that time?
Speaker 3: Hopefully he'll go over and shake his hand.
Speaker 1: Absolutely not. Hopefully he'll blow right past him.
Speaker 3: Because you want to talk about it on Monday?
Speaker 2: Oh God, yes, KF I am sixty.
Speaker 1: You've been listening to the Bill Handle Show.
Speaker 2: Catch my Show Monday through Friday, six am to nine am, and anytime on demand on the iHeartRadio app.