Speaker 1: Here we go, Here we go, Come on, come on, come on, good morning.
Speaker 2: This is Ed McMahon and now ladies and gentlemen, he.
Speaker 1: Rid right, all right, wakey, wakey, hands off those snakies. Welcome mord to another. It's a wild card Wednesday, it is our final. Where's Chili at Wednesday? Yeah, he's going to be leaving. He said he wanted to leave like now. I think he might already have left. So I don't know if he's going far. I don't know what the deal is. I think he's gone. Chili is going to reveal himself at seven oh five this morning at a location tickets to the Rod Ryan Show twentieth anniversary party. He has one hundred pair of tickets to give away today last time.
Speaker 2: Chillie's gonna be.
Speaker 1: Out with these tickets. Party of course is going down on Saturday. We'll give you tickets on air at eight twenty this morning. Looking for fresh fish. Let's back up, what.
Speaker 2: Are we doing in home room?
Speaker 1: Needs some brand new players for the fresh out of bedheads who had challenge.
Speaker 2: We had Abby going to the Hall of Fame yesterday.
Speaker 1: I got Tony's tickets for you on the Fun Fact Flashback Tom Segura tickets today on the show. We announced him. Yeah, it is home day today and I've got some Monster Jam tickets for you too.
Speaker 2: Those are coming your way on No the show.
Speaker 1: Guys. It is about sixty five degrees outside right now. That's awesome. It's not going to last. Sunday skuys highs up around ninety today, but man can go outside right now. It's beautiful.
Speaker 2: Good morning Tesla one to Houston's headline.
Speaker 3: Hey, good morning Rodney, Good morning a home room.
Speaker 4: Whatever our weather is, we should just be thankful that it is not her Cae Milton. After dropping down to a category four storm early yesterday, Milton re intensified to a category five later in the day. Meteorologists caution people that the path could still shift, and the evacuation routes of I four I seventy five had bumper to bumper traffic.
Speaker 3: All day yesterday in Florida.
Speaker 4: Many of the evacuees were finding gas stations out of.
Speaker 3: Fuel along the route.
Speaker 4: Here in Houston, former police officer Gerald Goins is set to spend at least three decades behind bars for the murray for the murder of a married couple during a botch drug rate at their home.
Speaker 3: This was a pretty intense case.
Speaker 4: A jury sentence coins yesterday to sixty years in prison with the possibility for barol in thirty years.
Speaker 3: That means he'll be ninety by the time he's eligible.
Speaker 4: Lisa Marie Presley's posthumous memoir came out yesterday with the help of her daughter Riley Keoh.
Speaker 3: It's called From Here to the Great Unknown.
Speaker 4: In it, Lisa Marie reveals some things you've probably never heard about, like how she kept her son Benjamin's body on dry ice at her home for two months.
Speaker 1: Saw eywhere yes day because it's insane.
Speaker 5: You know.
Speaker 4: Benjamin took his own life on July twelfth and twenty twenty, and he was only twenty seven years old.
Speaker 3: But she said, you.
Speaker 4: Know, my house has a separate casitas bedroom and that's where she kept ben She calls him Ben Ben in there for two months. There's no law in the state of California that you have to bury someone immediately, So yeah, I'm good. I think I need to read this book. I think I need to read this book for sure. It was just reported that Carrie Underwood has paid one million dollars every time the theme from NBC Sunday Night Football plays. So this is like the salary was for that entirety.
Speaker 3: Of the twenty twenty three season.
Speaker 4: We don't know if she made that much on any of the other seasons before that. So with eighteen weeks in the NFL, that means she'll make thirty six.
Speaker 3: Million dollars between this and last year.
Speaker 4: And if that hasn't negotiated a raise for this season, I don't know what does. But she did mention she has to do like all the matchups, every possible combination of teams that could possibly play, And she says, sometimes you're in there singing about a team and you're like, you're not gonna be in the playoffs. We're not gonna need this version, but I'll sing it because it's a million dollars per time.
Speaker 1: God damn, a million dollars every Monday night.
Speaker 3: She gets good on you, Carrie.
Speaker 4: Listening to metal while you drive might not be the best idea, because there's a new poll that suggests.
Speaker 3: It could make you dangerous.
Speaker 4: According to a survey of one thousand people, metal heads are more likely to honk other drivers, run red lights, get into major crashes, and then get to uys more so than in fans of any other generations. Let's take it easy, metal heads.
Speaker 3: Those are Houston's headlines.
Speaker 1: Wow, okay, let's go.
Speaker 6: Well.
Speaker 7: In the MLB playoffs, yesterday the Mets beat the Phillies seven to two and the Padres got by the Dodgers six to five.
Speaker 3: They're to play four games today.
Speaker 7: Guardians at Tigers kicks things off at two o'clock. Than the Mets take on the Phillies in game four of that series at four, Yankees at Royals will be at six o'clock, and then Padres will face the Dodgers at eight. You can watch all the games today on TBS, True TV.
Speaker 3: And FS one. That is what's going on in sports.
Speaker 1: Let's go.
Speaker 8: Let's go.
Speaker 1: All right, you want the first phone call you're gonna have to go through Bobby jokes. Chili is already gone. I don't know if that's some kind of a clue that he's going somewhere far that he needs to leave earlier than normal. Every other Wednesday, he's been here till about twenty after he said I need to be out of here at six. Of course he probably just wanted to leave early. But yeah, Bobby, Jokes is standing by from the first phone call you what do you want to talk about?
Speaker 2: How do you want to get a started?
Speaker 1: This morning seven one three, two one two five four five the most interactive show on the radio. There isn't even a close second when it comes to today and you make book on that starts right now, ninety four five The Buzz, Good Morning, Ron Ryan's show, Wakey, Wakey, Hands off cup cakes. We got four hours of pain. We are going to be extremely busy this morning. We're busy every morning, and I kind of get that. But the anticipation of where Chili's just going to pop up somewhere in the city or the burbs.
Speaker 2: He's been hanging out in the burbs lately.
Speaker 1: Chili will be revealed. One hour from now. We'll have Chili on the air with us and he'll tell us where he's landed. And he's again got one hundred pairs of tickets, two hundred tickets. One hundred pair of tickets will be given out today wherever he lands. And that's his last time out. The Rod Ryan Show twentieth aniversary party is going down this Saturday. I will be out at Little Woodrow's in Ito eight oh one State Emmanuel Street Tomorrow night. Rosie's now going to be playing live out there, and I will have fifty pair of tickets with me, and that is not a first come, first serve. I hate mentioning the two things back to back because Chili is when you show up boom, you get in line, and then the hundred people that get in line, they get the tickets. Mine isn't like that. Mine is a registration box and I draw names throughout the evening, So I'm not looking for a big line of people because I'm pre telling you the location. So that's what makes it different between what Chili and I do. So you know where I'm going to be, you know when I'm going to be there, and then in that two hour time I'll be giving away tickets. So hopefully you're making plans to come out and join me to Aron Night at Little Woodrows.
Speaker 7: Is Rosie at this point the like on a rod Ryan Mini tour.
Speaker 3: I feel like they're the house band now.
Speaker 1: Because ROSI yea, yeah yeah. When we made the announcement, we put it together really really quick. When they played out in Katie at the home Run dug out, we put that deal together really quick. For them to come out and play, like within a day or two. Then they came out to Onion Creek. They didn't they weren't playing. They're playing in Chema that night. They just wanted to kind of hang out.
Speaker 9: So if you had had them instruments, they would have played, well, the would have played for you.
Speaker 1: You know what was cool this is this is a pretty fun thing. This is a little behind the scenes thing. So Rosie had come over. My friend Chris is kind of managing the band, and he's managing the band. Sorry, I know, but he brought him over. He brought him over. So they were over at the house. And you know, I talk about from time to time, London and I we watch a lot of videos.
Speaker 10: Now.
Speaker 1: It's like one of the main things that we do in our house. Everybody gets to take turns. We watch videos and stuff. We put on Rosie. Rosie's got a bunch of stuff on YouTube.
Speaker 2: So we put on all for one, the Rosie.
Speaker 1: Video and to see London stand there and then look at the people in the video standing in our living room, that was blown. She was to see Zoe standing right there and then she's watching them on YouTube on my television. That she watches Taylor Swift on. Yeah, she's watching Rosie and they're standing next to her.
Speaker 3: It was awesome.
Speaker 1: It was like a mind and then to see you know, powerful girls hitting the drums and stuff, you know. I mean it was a really big thing for London. Uh. So she's looking forward to seeing them for sure. So yeah, so.
Speaker 2: Rosie tomorrow night, Chilli out at seven o five?
Speaker 1: What else? What else? Yeah, it's it's it's it's crazy.
Speaker 3: You rest up yesterday and the day before.
Speaker 1: No, there's no rest. There's no rest. We're working on Boobs Rock and I'm working on the Monster Jam truck and everything else.
Speaker 11: It's that time for the first phone call. The name.
Speaker 2: Looks like David got through.
Speaker 1: David.
Speaker 2: Hey, David, how are you.
Speaker 12: I'm doing very well.
Speaker 1: How are you?
Speaker 2: Super awesome?
Speaker 13: Man?
Speaker 1: You got the first phone call today. Thanks for chiming in what you got man.
Speaker 8: I want to thank you thank you yesterday for the ticket sale.
Speaker 3: Actually I was the guy who emailed.
Speaker 5: You last night.
Speaker 1: That was my little guy Modicle.
Speaker 3: He's so excited.
Speaker 1: He's been wanting to go see a Monster Jam for a long time. David, I thought so much of your email. What time do you email me like I got back to like eight o'clock at night. Okay, I thought so much of your email. I sent it to the Monster Jam people and I said, you know, as a way of thanking them for their generosity. Yesterday, around this time, we were frantically online and we were selling tickets to Monster Jam forty dollars. Monster Jam tickets were on sale for nine dollars and forty five cents. And I heard from so many parents out there, regardless of what's going on in your life, some people are just flat out like, listen, we can't go to these kinds of things. Okay, we just don't have it in our budget. But because of the nine dollars and forty five cent ticket that you guys do, we wait for that. If we're lucky enough to get in, then we know that the family gets to go and hang. And uh and David, I loved your email because you're a little guy and it looks like he's got a lot of little Monster Jam trucks and uhh, yeah, the fact that you guys were able to get in on that. Yeah. I sent it to the moster Jam people. I send it to Tom, who kind of gives us the updates all morning long, and just to reinforce him how special it is and how important it is, you know, and what you're doing with that email. When I send it to Tom, I'm like, hey, man, when when moster jam comes back in January and February, can we do this again? So I use that stuff to ask, you know, for those to keep those chick those cheap tickets, those sales going.
Speaker 8: I'm behind to the city man.
Speaker 1: Thank you. You doing a lot for it. Thank you, brother, Thank you. I I always appreciate shares like that, and I try to get it in the hands of the right people so that we can kind of continue to do these fun things. David, You're awesome. What's your boy's name again? So Greg, all right, dude, thank you. I appreciate that email. Let me take a short break, let me come back on a rec check for you. We'll find out what's trending, and then we'll get set up. We're looking for fresh fish.
Speaker 5: Today, Houston, Houston's alternative and.
Speaker 14: Tell them at The rod Ryan Morning Show ninety four five, The Buzz.
Speaker 1: The Buzz, Welcome back rod Ryan's Show. Yeah, everybody's wondering where will Chili wind up today? I got a guy here, he said, I've tried three times. I have failed all three times in my attempt to go out and find Chile.
Speaker 3: So it's too big. How are you gonna do that?
Speaker 1: The closest he came, he was three minutes away. When y'all announced he was sold out. With everyone in line, he goes, I'm going to get out this morning. I'm going to shoot for Central Houston and see what happens. That's Richie. He's coming from Lake Jackson, good Luck, and he's trying to figure out. He's trying to like, where hasn't Chili been?
Speaker 4: What if Chili goes to Lake Jackson, Ritchie, Richie, I'm just kidding.
Speaker 3: I don't think. I don't know if he's going there. He did leave very early.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he's coming from Angleton and Lake Jackson. He's gonna like just he's like a free safety.
Speaker 2: He's just hovering.
Speaker 1: He's hovering around Houston to try to figure out when Chili makes the announcement. He's trying to get there in time.
Speaker 3: This is a good time for a jet packs.
Speaker 1: Great, we were promised jet packs by now. Sunny skuys today highs of around ninety it's sixty three out there right now? What's trending?
Speaker 3: Okay?
Speaker 4: Did you see that some Spirit stores are going to stick around and become a Spirit Christmas stores this holiday season?
Speaker 1: Friend on, friend off, friend on, friend off, probably friend off Eli sent me this yesterday, and I thought maybe he was messing with me, But now I'm seeing the story.
Speaker 4: So there's only going to be ten and they're gonna so the Spirit Halloweens are going to turn into Spirit Christmases, and they're mostly all.
Speaker 3: Going to be on the East Coast.
Speaker 4: So this hasn't trickled down to Texas yet, but it is a thing that I'm assuming is going to be successful and it eventually will get here.
Speaker 1: It seems brilliant, right, it seems absolutely brill Okay.
Speaker 3: So that's going on.
Speaker 4: Something I thought was so cool Hockey news, the Seattle Kraken and the first female coach, Jessica Campbell. I was looking at her. She's a two time I was reading her, a two time World Championship medalist. She's like the first remote coach in ah L history. And I gotta say she looks almost identical to Nicki Glacer, if Nicki Glacer were more athletic.
Speaker 1: Okay, is she the head coach, Alex, No, she's an assistant coach.
Speaker 3: Okay, Oh, how is it? Okay? I'm sorry I wrote down head coach either way, has that ever happened? It's her story. Can I get excited? Can I pretend she's a head coach? Thank you? Thank you.
Speaker 4: She's a coach on a you know.
Speaker 3: Professional hockey team. Very cool, very cool. In Seattle, justin.
Speaker 4: Timberlake had another bad night at the Tri State Tuesday.
Speaker 3: This time is his fan. This time his fans had a bad night too.
Speaker 4: Timberlake abruptly canceled his concert just seventy five minutes before showtime. He said an injury is preventing him from performing on social media and he didn't share any.
Speaker 3: Other information, so people are pretty upset.
Speaker 4: That's what's trending on eighty four five the bus.
Speaker 8: Good morning, everybody, This is Abby. I'm you're fresh out of bed. Head to head Hall of Famer number eleven for twenty twenty four. It k beating at four time Hall of Famer to get here on my last game, you'll hear me. At the end of the year, that's a tournament of champions and I may just take it all business.
Speaker 1: Oh oh, Alex dustin this one, all yeah, what are you playing?
Speaker 7: This?
Speaker 2: On forty five and.
Speaker 1: I think we still had a record player in here. Guys, we need some fresh fish, fresh fish. You've been waiting your thirty days. You're a former Hall of Famer, you've never played before. We don't care. We just want you to get in here and win five in a row. I need more people in the Hall of Fame seven one three two one two five, If you'd like to play.
Speaker 12: Boobs The Ron Ryan Show Mornings on ninety.
Speaker 15: Four five, The Buzz.
Speaker 1: Ninety four five, The Buzz, Good Morning, Brought Ryan's Show, Good Morning, Home Room. Take your seats. We're about to play a game. Please everybody in their seats. Bobby jokes. One of your contestants just hung up. They got stoward, fill up. What happened to you, Philip? I can see like the phones and Bobby has lined up everybody to play.
Speaker 2: Gotta go grab someone else, dude.
Speaker 1: I'll lock in Josh, and then you go get me someone else to play. Chili is not here. He has gone, He has left the building. I didn't see much of him this morning. I feel like he was out of here before the show intro started. Mud have been that jazzy intro, and that was his exit out the door. Chili's gonna reveal himself at seven oh five this morning, and he's got one hundred pair of tickets to the Rod Ryan Show twenty f anniversary party. I'll give away a pair of tickets on the air today at around this morning. And of course today's wildcard Wednesday, got a little wildcard action for you on links and guests. The Looking at Girls blog pages packed today and now each.
Speaker 12: Time for the Fresh out of Bed head to Head challenge. Listeners to your corners.
Speaker 1: All right, looks like we got some players, lock and load. Hey Josh, good.
Speaker 16: Morning, good morning.
Speaker 1: I'm doing great. This is a Josh that has never played the Fresh out of Bed head to Head before? Is that even possible? Josh? It definitely pops it. I need something for the fresh fish here, Alex. If you got a little something, maybe you could chum the waters. Well, that's amazing, dude, It's good to have you on.
Speaker 2: Welcome aboard fresh Fish. What about Nate the Great here?
Speaker 1: Nate? Good morning, Good morning Nate. You've played before, right, yes, sir, okay, I mean it was a while ago.
Speaker 3: Yes, sir, hold on about two years ago?
Speaker 1: Did I did test to say something to upset you? Is that why you went away for two years?
Speaker 3: No, it's a one day chump.
Speaker 1: Okay, one pump chump.
Speaker 2: Well, welcome back to the game, Nate.
Speaker 1: You've had the sting of that for two years. Let's fix it, all right. Shout out your name when you think you know the answer. Now, Josh, you're a fresh fish, same instructions. Shout out your name when you think you know the answer, Wait for me to call on you, and then give me the correct answer. What are they playing for?
Speaker 3: Rod ryanschow t shirt?
Speaker 1: All right, guys, Josh, are you ready got it? Nate the great one pump chump? Let's go question number one? What do you call the comfy, colorful plastic clogs with holes in them? Josh? Nate, Josh, Crops, Crocs. Yeah, I guess all those things are true, right totally? Are they plastic something?
Speaker 3: There's something?
Speaker 1: Are they plastic, rob there's something? Yeah they are. Thank you for that answer, all right, Crocs. So that was Josh that got through. Nate. You were a little slow on that, Okay, Okay, now I know why you were a one pump chump, turn it around, bro, trying to make you upset so that you, you know, get mad like Rocky. Josh and Nate shout out your name when you think you know the answer. It's like a real question right here. How many colors are there in a rainbow?
Speaker 2: Josh, go for it, Josh f show me five.
Speaker 1: Nate the Great? How many colors are there in a rainbow?
Speaker 3: Hey?
Speaker 2: Show me?
Speaker 11: Hey man.
Speaker 1: So if it was if it was up to Josh, it would just be roy gb He forgot the IV I V I remember this because it's roy GBIV and uh apparently Nate thought it was ROYGBIV plus one? Uh seven r O what red, orange, yellow, green, blue, indigo, and violet? That's seven? Yeah.
Speaker 2: I said that was like a real question.
Speaker 1: Okay, let's get let's get back to the silly crock questions. All right, Josh and Nate the Great show me you're great. Okay, we'll see who's got kids. What's the name of the princess in Disney's Frozen? Yes, they both got kids. I guess elsa al tie. Here we go. Next question, what pizza place has a giant rat? Has its mascot? Nate the great Chuckie chiefs. Oh, he's on the board.
Speaker 3: He's on the board. Okay, Nate, all right, Peter's question sheet.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, yeah, yeah, it's good. Okay, Nate and Josh. What does metamorphosis turn caterpillars into?
Speaker 10: Nate?
Speaker 1: Josh a butterfly?
Speaker 17: Wheah, nice widow, Josh.
Speaker 1: Thank god I got a ticket knee. That was, Nate, not so great, although you made it a fun game, dude, don't wait too years.
Speaker 2: Come back and play your fun.
Speaker 1: Biney. Hey, fresh fishing, Josh, you want to play too?
Speaker 16: Do it?
Speaker 1: Yeah, let's do it. I think you just scored the rod Ryan Show T shirt. The prizes should get better after not that the T shirt's not great. But stick around, man, We'll hook you upus some cool stuff.
Speaker 2: Man.
Speaker 18: I went to a great treating today. I was said to do it every day.
Speaker 3: I went to.
Speaker 18: The first house after school.
Speaker 4: The first man I saw.
Speaker 11: Was in cool.
Speaker 18: He gave me a tooth pressed to clean my teeth. I told him I want a sugary treat. She said no, I'm walked away. So I thanked him in a special.
Speaker 1: Way of love with wire with a heart.
Speaker 17: Now was getting very good.
Speaker 1: As done.
Speaker 11: I went to the next house. I ring the bell.
Speaker 18: Theod grown ups and cool. I could already tell. She gave me a raised and said they're healthy formal. I said, I want chocolate, can't you see? She said no and closed the door. So I story, thanks, that's filthy.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, you hot right blaunch.
Speaker 3: She's writing card a bunch no laws right.
Speaker 18: To Happy Halloween from me to you. When I'm not gonner door, you'll know what to do. I love candy and that's no light banter, be sweet or else you'll die.
Speaker 11: Bitch.
Speaker 15: The Ron Ryan Show on ninety four to five the Buzz.
Speaker 2: Good morning, everybody.
Speaker 1: Appreciate you guys hanging out with us here in homeroom. Got some fun facts and we'll do a fun fact flashback and we'll do a great prize and all that good stuff coming up. Every email is asking me, dude, can you give me a heads up where Chili's gonna be at?
Speaker 7: No?
Speaker 1: I cannot how about new I cannot tell you. Chili will reveal where he is today at seven o five, and you know he's gonna be out with another one hundred pair of tickets to the Rod Ryan Show twenty anniversary party. He'll go Facebook Live. We'll talk to him on the air. I mean, that's if everything goes according to plant. But yeah, seven o five is going to be that big reveal. So we gotta we all gotta wait together Sun these guys today. Low chances of rain, high of around ninety guys, that's in the low sixties right now. Fresh out of bed head.
Speaker 12: To head challenge, here's your current champion.
Speaker 16: Good morning everybody, former pressie job. Now you're fresh out of bed head to head one day, so started Nate. Not so going me on Thursday when I'm making slit number two.
Speaker 2: Bro, you don't want that phone.
Speaker 1: I mean, I don't know where you where you went, Josh, you sounded great during the game, but the speech it cut off every last word. I don't want you cutting off. I don't want to hear any of that nonsense. It's already a trouble getting on the game and the show and all of that. So get your phone squared away. You heard your victory speech. That's how we hear you. So put some tinfoil on your head. It's the fuck that to the day. Let's go. We make you look smart in front of your buddy. It's the fuck that to the day. There are some that call him Tim. The one they called Tim sent me a bunch of fun facts the movie Fun Facts. I thought a couple of them were really really good. So thank you Tim for doing my work for me.
Speaker 11: Uh.
Speaker 1: First one he sends me, I think we may have done this before, but it's worthy. The matrix code that is shown during the movie. It's a recipe for sushi.
Speaker 3: Ah, what is it like?
Speaker 1: Binary?
Speaker 15: Oh?
Speaker 3: Yeah, heroes, yeah, zeros and ones?
Speaker 1: Can Are we friends? Is this a trust tree? Trust? Can I trust you?
Speaker 19: Hell?
Speaker 1: I've never seen the matrix? Has everybody seen it? I mean, is it just? Is it amazing?
Speaker 4: I mean it's it was ahead of its time, Like you can't see it now?
Speaker 3: Yeah, watching it wouldn't It wouldn't hit the same So that.
Speaker 1: I don't understand the blue and the red pills exactly? Fair enough? Uh. The one they called Tim also sent this one in in Rocky Too, Sevester Stallone's sparring partner in the film. Go back and have a look. It's Roberto Duran. He also tax on. You know, I love the tact on Free fund facts. Roberto Duran, who was a very famous fighter back in the day. I'll just leave it at that. He was Richard Pryor's bodyguard in the movie Harlem Knights, So I now that movie I saw. Finally, there is a fascinating video on YouTube that will explain what I'm about to tell you. I'm gonna leave it on you to go see if you if you're just like a super fan, The intro music to Seinfeld was slightly different in every single episode. That's neat you know, round bam bam bam, boum popp bamp baound. That bassline was reflective of the pace and the cadence of what Jerry was talking about in the opening monologue. He changed it for every single episode. I'm telling you go look that up on YouTube. It's a it's an awesome, like ten to fifteen minute video. It's the fuck That to the Day. We make you look smart.
Speaker 3: Everybody's it's the fuck That to the Day.
Speaker 1: Bam bam, bam, bam bam proper bam, bam, bam, bam, bampa bam. What do you giving away?
Speaker 3: I've got a pair of tickets to see the Tody's at the House of Bruise.
Speaker 1: All right, let's do this's your fun ooh, alex so smart. The earliest known reference to the mile High Club. Uh, it took place a long long time ago. Where where was the mile High Club successful? What did they use to make the Mile High Club successful? You guys know what I'm asking?
Speaker 3: Yeah? Where was the first mile High Club?
Speaker 12: Join?
Speaker 1: What vessel was used? Did a vessel seven one three two one two five nine four five?
Speaker 2: If you know, you know, it's.
Speaker 1: Now time for rock out with your stock out with Captain cash. It's not a vehicle, no, what what was the the thing used for the mile High Club? Thing? Let me think, let's go with the thing, Okay, the thing and the thing and the thing seven one three two one two five nine four five The thing, the thing and the thing and the thing. That's what's that's what we're looking for me on Wall Street yesterday, This is a good day on Wall Street. That was up one hundred and twenty six points.
Speaker 19: Kick off this morning at forty two thousand and eighty NASDAC up two hundred and fifty nine to eighteen thousand two. Bentionmarten, your treasuries trading at a four point two percent and oil stands at seventy three dollars nineteen cent a barrel to the most active big studs, Intel, Salesforce and travelers, the big duds, Caterpillar, Dow, and Amex.
Speaker 1: On the economic calendar.
Speaker 19: This morning, we'll get numbers on wholesale inventories for August right now, futures slowly on the downside.
Speaker 1: Come on, let's turn this baby around. That's it.
Speaker 2: I'm out here.
Speaker 19: This is hallan manage director with Raymon James party for The Rod Ryan Show from Ramon James, stan flip and I got no Deefica toys.
Speaker 1: A rock out with your stockout.
Speaker 14: Amian's expressed are those of Aland and not necessarily those are Raymond James and associates. Income Ever, nit AS, IBC, Iront Radio or as sponsors. Information is based on sources believed to be reliable, but it's not guaranteed. There's no insurance transmision. We'll continue if this is not a solicitation, offer or recommendation to buy or sell any security referred to. Your program is for educational and informational serposes on LI It's based on the movement as reported by.
Speaker 1: Ninety four or five The Buzz Good Morning rod Ryan Show.
Speaker 3: Hit it, it's your fuss facts.
Speaker 1: Good morning.
Speaker 2: Who's this?
Speaker 11: Good morning?
Speaker 2: That's to Sally Holly? Is it Holly?
Speaker 1: I'm sorry I didn't hear your name. Hi, Holly. You know what, I think it's our stinking phones. I think it's ours because you're cutting out too. And I don't think it's I don't think it's the problem with uh with you guys at all. Holly, if you can hear me, Welcome to the fun fact flash back. The earliest known reference to the Mile High Club took place in this That's how I should have asked it. What's the answer?
Speaker 3: She said it? She said hot air, and I can only say below.
Speaker 1: God, damn it. These phones suck. Hey, I'm having such a good morning. And then yeah, this Holly, your win. Congratulations, thank you. Yeah, let's just get the first word of everything that somebody's gonna say today on the show. On the show, that's so fun? What are you giving her?
Speaker 4: Holly's gonna go to the Tody's at the House of Blues on us. She's got a pair of tickets because she knows the backfat That's awesome.
Speaker 1: Congratulations, Holly, I apologize. Fourth biggest city in America, the world's crappiest phone lines.
Speaker 2: You deserve better.
Speaker 1: As a matter of fact, everybody listening deserves better than what we are offering today. Holly, have on the phone for me. Bobby Jokes will take care of you. On those tickets. It's green Day, It's long View ninety four to five, the buzz. We all gotta wait about another fifteen minutes or so. We gotta wait till seven o five when Chili, well, that should be ten minutes away. Chili will reveal where he is today. He is out with one hundred pair of tickets. He'll be calling in. Hopefully we'll be able to hear him and give the location of where he's at, and then you'll start lining up. First come, first serve. Where is Chili at Wednesday? Our final one saunny skies today?
Speaker 2: Temper sent chance of rain hies.
Speaker 1: Over around ninety Tessa, what are Houston's headlines?
Speaker 4: Well, we're gonna start with Hurricane Milton, because after dropping down to a Category four storm yesterday, it re intensified to a category five later in the day, and it remains a category five storm this morning, with winds of one hundred and sixty miles per hour aimed at.
Speaker 3: The Gulf Coast of Florida.
Speaker 4: So yesterday, I don't know if you were watching any of the news on this, but the evacuation routes of I four and I seventy five had bumper to bumper traffic all day yesterday. Many of the evacuees we were finding gas stations along the route that were just out of fuel. Everyone had been stopping to fill up, and there were I mean, it was just chaos.
Speaker 3: And then Ron, I don't know if you saw any of this.
Speaker 4: But there were some people who are like, where are we supposed to go? Everything's booked. One girl had like her parents to.
Speaker 11: Take care of.
Speaker 3: She had three kids, she had dogs, they had cats. It's like, where are you supposed to go?
Speaker 4: So continue to pray for our friends in Florida and hopefully, in some twist of fate, maybe this storm can just like weekend before it hits here in Houston.
Speaker 3: The attorney for a Houston woman who.
Speaker 4: Recently filed a suit against Cleveland Browns quarterback to Sean Watson says the matter has been settled. So the woman filed the action last month, accusing him of sexual battery and sexual assault, saying that he attacked her inside an apartment back in twenty twenty when he was a member of the Houston Texans. Well Watson denied the charges, and now the plaintive lawyer says, look, this matter has been deposed of with a confidential settlement.
Speaker 3: So little hush money there.
Speaker 1: That's what we talked about with Tony Buzby's the guy that's working this case. He's also working the p Ditty case. And yesterday or the day before, you talked about big celebrities, big names that we apparently would know and recognize, are sending hush.
Speaker 3: Money, paying for things to go away.
Speaker 1: Busby is brokering those deals. You want to keep your name out of this boom. Here's the settlement number.
Speaker 4: Okay, this next story is crazy because we have the ozempic craze and now we have this. Researchers in Denmark say they've created a pill that mix the benefits of running a ten k stop an exercise bill.
Speaker 3: It's finally here. Up, shit, No, it is fantastic. Give me fourteen of them.
Speaker 1: I don't believe.
Speaker 4: Before you get too excited like me, it doesn't come with all the benefits of running. For example, your legs won't get it any stronger and you all, you know.
Speaker 3: Get that water bottle they hand out to you.
Speaker 4: But anyway, the author of the one of the scientists, the lead author on this as a new molecule they develop, does mimic the effect it has on your metabolism, so bringing your body you have to work in order to get it into that metabolic state.
Speaker 3: You have to do the work and exercise. But they say, nope.
Speaker 4: This corresponds to running ten kilometers at high speed on an empty stomach, so it offers some of those benefits you get when you fast.
Speaker 3: Exercise also releases.
Speaker 4: Triggers, the release of a hormone that suppresses your appetite and another one that flushes fatty acids from your bloodstream.
Speaker 3: So it I mean, listen, has there.
Speaker 1: Been one trial on a human yet?
Speaker 3: I'll do it. Let me get yes, I volunteers tribute.
Speaker 1: Let me guess they tested it on some rats and now.
Speaker 3: They're excites rats you've ever known?
Speaker 1: Okay, I'm not buying this one.
Speaker 4: In honor of breast cancer, wearing a month with jennif Fisher, you know Pam from the office.
Speaker 3: Revealed that she beat the disease.
Speaker 4: She posted on ig saying she was diagnosed the last December, but after surgery, chemo, and radiation, she is now cancer free and feeling great. She says she lost her hair, but she had some great wigs and hats, and she's been able to wait until now to reveal that she has had all of that going on. She also urged women to get checked, saying if I had waited six months longer, things could have been much worse. And then she referenced the scene from the Office where Michael Scott told her to get her breast checked because they're ticking time bags.
Speaker 1: Great quote.
Speaker 4: Fresh off their eighth appearance as the musical guest on SNL, the seven time Grammy winners, cold Play and like their music of the Spear's World Tour, so they announce that they're going to do some stadium shows. They put it on IG yesterday. The closest it comes to us is El Paso. But still the fact that they're going to be, you know, at Mile High in Denver. They're going to Toronto, Canada, Rod's home country. This is all very exciting for cold Play. It's on the music Blonk page.
Speaker 1: Those are Houston ted lights taking Alex in the MLB Playoffs.
Speaker 7: Yesterday the Mets beat the Phillies seven to two and the Padres got by the Dodgers six to five. There's gonna be four games on the MLB schedule today. Guardians at Tigers kicks things.
Speaker 3: Off at two o eight.
Speaker 7: Then the Mets are gonna play the Phillies at four, followed by Yankees and Royals at six, and wrapping things up, it's gonna be the Padres against the Dodgers at eighth eight. You can watch all those games on TBS, True TV, and FS one.
Speaker 3: That is what's going on in sports.
Speaker 1: Okay, I see Bobby Jokes in the window the little box on Facebook Live there he is. That means we don't have chili. That means we should be checking in with chili very very soon. Where is chili at Wednesday? It's our final one. The reveal on where he is sitting pretty very pretty with one hundred pair of tickets. We will find out in about five minutes.
Speaker 5: The rod Ryan Morning Show six to ten AM.
Speaker 1: The Buzz Andy four or five Buzz Good Morning rod Ryan Show, Lincoln Park in the seventh spot. If you're carrying over from home room, thank you very much. If you're just joining us. Wakey, wakey, hands off those snakies. I see Chili on hold. We're going to talk to him shortly. He's gonna tell us and give us the big reveal on where he is at. I see nothing over at ten percent chance of rain, sunny skies, hies of around at ninety I know I've got you listening to the radio right now because you're waiting to hear from Chili. Rod Ryan's show twentyth anniversary party Carboch Brewery this Saturday. Your last chances, and there's a bunch of them. Your last chances are this week. Rosie's going to open things up. We got the XCES theory of a dead Man, Blue October Sublime, that's right. Jacob Knowle's going to be here on Saturday, and Brenton Zach from Shinedown acoustic performances out there at the Brewery, and I will be out tomorrow in Edo eight oh one. Saint Emmanuel address should mean a little something to you. We've only done a million parties at that address. It's a little woodrows now and Rosie's going to be playing live and I'm gonna bring fifty pair of tickets out with me, but always out doing me. He's like, oh yeah, hey, man, Frid's bringing fifty pair.
Speaker 2: I want one hundred pair?
Speaker 1: Jay?
Speaker 3: What's my brother Rod?
Speaker 2: Hey dude, how are you?
Speaker 1: Wow? Dude, I got a crazy story for you. Okay, because I hadn't seen yet all this morning. You checked in, you said hey, I'm here, and then the next thing I know, your ass is out the door.
Speaker 13: Yeah.
Speaker 20: So you know, I had to leave it because I was like, man, I don't want to hit the traffic or anything.
Speaker 1: I want to make it by seven h five.
Speaker 2: Yes.
Speaker 20: So the crazy story is we pulled up to the academy that we selected for today and there was a car part before us there, right, and it's been about thirty minutes or forty five minutes, And as soon as we go live whatever, the car pulls up to us and he's like, hey, are y'all giving tickets away?
Speaker 1: Wait? Wait a minute, where they tipped? Is there a male who's the mall? No, Alex, you're the mall. I to get her to come over here, But she can, dude.
Speaker 20: She's got a crazy story that her dad mapped out at every location that we've been and everything. And she took a Walf's GISs with her dad and they just said, you know what, I think this is where they're gonna be and everything you can look on Faith Book Live right now. I'm gonna put her on the phone right now.
Speaker 1: Okay, your on the phone with Rod, give him your name and tell them what you just told me. Hello, Hi, Well wait wait wait, Chili, I want to hear this story. Tell everybody your location. Oh oh yeah, yeah, Chili. You you need to tell everybody exactly where you are, so storytime people can do you turns and drive there? All right?
Speaker 13: All right, so check this out right now, I'm gonna be academy in Caroland up of two eighty eight and five eighteen.
Speaker 11: Uh.
Speaker 13: The address to be exet is twenty eighth four Business Center right behind the HIV. There's an academy.
Speaker 1: That's where we're at right now. So all right, what's the pair lands getting the tickets today? Okay? So I know that you got you got you turning and everything. Please be safe. It is a first come, first served basis. Be safe, everybody, because this is the last where ye at Chili? Where yet Wednesday with Chili? All right, what's the girl's name?
Speaker 6: Okay?
Speaker 13: Your name again.
Speaker 1: What was it, Destiny? You want to talk your destiny?
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, I do.
Speaker 1: Hold on hello, hey Destiny, you were you were there before Chili got there?
Speaker 8: Oh yeah, okay, the cars are.
Speaker 3: I mean the parking office empty?
Speaker 1: Did somebody on the show tip you off? I want honest answers here? Was it Bobby Jokes? Was it Tessa who told you that we were going to be at this location?
Speaker 15: Uh?
Speaker 1: No, no one told me.
Speaker 3: I wish it was a lucky guess.
Speaker 1: And your dad was helpful in kind of plodding out and looking at a map like where we have been, and he said that was going to be your best chance at this Paarland location. Yes, he mapped out Chili's past locations and then he was like, that's insane.
Speaker 3: He's probably going to.
Speaker 1: Be here that.
Speaker 3: I love it.
Speaker 1: That is freaking crazy. Does your dad work for the CIA or something? Is he an FBI agent? What does your dad do for a living?
Speaker 11: He's a pipe designer.
Speaker 1: He's really smart.
Speaker 2: He's very smart.
Speaker 1: Clearly, Well, listen, you got the very first pair of tickets. Can I talk to my bike to my guy Chili?
Speaker 2: Yes, here you go, Okay, thank you. So that's one pair down.
Speaker 1: So Chili's. Chili only has ninety nine pair of tickets. Now, that's right, Yeah, okay Pairland It's twenty eight oh four Business Center Drive. It's Academy in Paarland seven seven five eighty four. Is that zip code? Okay, dude, you see anybody else pulling in the drive yet in the driveway?
Speaker 14: No?
Speaker 1: Right now, nobody?
Speaker 3: So just her dad there, Yeah, hurry, her dad just in there, killing.
Speaker 1: And crazy to me. All right, well listen, we'll check in with you after the break. Chile.
Speaker 2: That is an.
Speaker 1: Awesome okay, oh yeah, thankful Grid. All right, I'm gonna go pull you up right now. All right, my man, Chili, he's old. He's down to ninety nine pair of tickets. The Academy in Paarland Business Center Drive. Yeah, put that zip right there in your ways seven seven five eighty four. That's the location that he will be at. He'll be there till the tickets are gone. It is a first come, first serve situation.
Speaker 10: Wow Houston's Rock, Houston's alternative and The Rod Ryan Morning Show ninety four or five Buzz.
Speaker 1: Good Morning, rod Ryan's Show, Exciting exciting stuff. Wild Card Wednesday. We're at Chili Wednesday. That's all going on right now. Chili is out with tickets to the Rod Ryan Show twentieth anniversary party. Sonny's Guys today ten percent Chancell rain Hi's up around ninety and looking ahead to the weather. You know, this is an outdoor concert on Saturday at the Carbok Brewery. It looks like a beautiful day. Saturday is going to be awesome.
Speaker 2: What's trending?
Speaker 4: Well, I can't take my eyes off the live feed on Facebook.
Speaker 3: Chile is at the Paarland Academy.
Speaker 4: I tweeted the address out. It's twenty eight oh four Business Center drive out in Pariland. And yeah, he's.
Speaker 1: Uh got a line of people out here.
Speaker 3: He's already being bombarded.
Speaker 1: All right, We're gonna check in with him in just a moment.
Speaker 3: Okay, cool.
Speaker 1: So yeah, you can watch this all go down on Facebook Live. If you are just you know, already at work, you're on the other side of town, whatever, you can go see Chili's little Facebook cast. Okay, what else is trending?
Speaker 4: Do you see Garth Brooks acknowledge the sexual assault allegations. He would went on Facebook Live and he's like, let's address.
Speaker 3: The elephant in the room.
Speaker 4: He is accused of sexual assault and battery by a hairsellace and makeup artists who work for him. He said the lawsuit will be a long process and he really can't get into detail about it right now. Speaking of country music, Creed Stuts Stop Scott's Staff is going to make his debut at the Grand Ole Opry.
Speaker 3: I don't know if any people have this on their twenty twenty.
Speaker 4: Four Bingo card, but you know Create Newly Reunited doing some New Year's Eve shows. He is going. Staff is going to be on the Grand Ole Opry stage with a duet and then he's going to be like with John Party, Ashley McBride, a lot of these like Opry faithful, right, So congratulations to him, and that's what's trending on many for five of us.
Speaker 1: I think, no matter what genre of music you are, the Grand Ole Opry is like pretty sacred ground, absolutely, you know. I mean I don't know that it's on everybody's, like you said, bingo card, but it's a huge honor to get up on that.
Speaker 3: Tank time, big time.
Speaker 1: That's a huge, huge, huge honor, huge honor have this guy on our stage. Dude, you got a line of people out there in Paarland. Yeah, there's the man. I've seen a girl like behind you as you're talking to me. I'm watching you on Facebook Live and people are running to get in that line.
Speaker 2: All right, I'll give out the location.
Speaker 1: Chili's out in Paarland at the Academy Sports and Outdoors twenty eight oh four Business Center Drive.
Speaker 2: It's seven seven, five eighty four.
Speaker 1: Punch that into your whatever you find, whatever you use on your phone to get there. I mean, can you give me an idea of how many people are in line, how many tickets you've given away, how many you have left? What do you got?
Speaker 13: So we're given away like twenty five and we're on seventy six right now, like tickets seventy.
Speaker 1: Streats that we have lift So we got like seventy six tickets, limp seventy six tickets, seventy six pair of tickets. What are you dealing with you? Yeah, seventy pair of tickets? Rod, you got seven? Okay, all right, so it's not too late. I can't. I can't tell you, Hey, Rod, I'm getting this dude, I'm twenty minutes away. Will I make it? Maybe? You know how you won't make it by not trying.
Speaker 3: That's right, That's right, Rock.
Speaker 20: We were driving on the way here we heard that there was a guy coming from like Lake Jacksline or something like that. He was trying to get the big I hope he made. We were around his area.
Speaker 1: He was. He was leaving like Jackson area though, and he was gonna like hover in central he was gonna lead. He was gonna be hovering in central Houston to try to like predict on where what side of town he needed to get to.
Speaker 20: All I think, all right, man, but that's gonna be kind of crazy because I'm looking at there's like a lot of traffic going forward Houston.
Speaker 1: So I hope he makes. Man, I'm watching chili on Facebook, and as he's talking to me, he's got he's got people coming up there.
Speaker 2: They're putting it.
Speaker 1: They're grabbing his arms and putting it over their shoulders. He's taking selfies with people as he's talking on the air. Great, all right, bro, listen, we'll check them out with you. I'm gonna I'm gonna come back to you in four minutes. Okay, work your magic. I'm gonna come back to you, and then you can give us a solid ticket account on what you have left if you have any left in four minutes okay, all right, cool, no problems, all right. That's our guy, Chiley on at the Academy Sports and Outdoor in Paarland with tickets so the Rob Ryan Show twentieth aniversary party. We'll get an update in four minutes and sixteen seconds.
Speaker 2: Chili, don't leave me for.
Speaker 5: Long run Ryan Show ninety four or five.
Speaker 2: I'm spooped.
Speaker 1: What the buzz shit mo gosh by ninety four or five the bus, Good morning, broughd Ryan Show on a wild card Wednesday. Where's Chili at Wednesday? Well, we now know where Chili is at. He's in He's hanging in Paarland this morning at the Academy Sports and Outdoors on Business Center Drive. Okay, it's twenty eight oh four Business Center Drive. Update from the Lake Jackson guy. He emailed me seven point fifteen. He said, dude, I'm seventeen minutes away. I'm hauling ass. Okay, that was the guy. He said he's been to three of these locations. Now, where's Chili at Wednesday? And he's always showed up late. So he was the guy that said I'm gonna get out of Lake Jackson. I'm going to hang in mid somewhere centrally located in Houston, and he's trying to get there. So Chile is on Facebook Live right now getting bombarded.
Speaker 3: Look at his face, how close it is to.
Speaker 1: The Richie should be there. I'm gonna I'm gonna ask Chili to see if he can actually find Richie. Now, Omar is in a predicament, Rod, why do you torture me like this. I'm in a dump truck. I'm on a construction site and I am six minutes away. I cannot move like damn, like we're six He is in a dump truck, six minutes from this location.
Speaker 3: Reaching so close. There's so far.
Speaker 1: Nothing that he can do about it. Reagan says, since this is the last where's Chili at Wednesday? You think he's going to bring back some snacks? I don't know, We don't.
Speaker 3: I don't think I've given up hope, Rod, it's the last one. It's a celebrity. Look at him. Do you think a celebrity goes in vice Tree?
Speaker 1: I am enjoying Facebook Live right now. We are trending on Facebook.
Speaker 13: Rod.
Speaker 1: Okay, everyone wants to know the update. Before we do any chitting or chatting, everyone wants to know how many tickets have you given away? How many people are in line? And is it too late? Uh no, it's not too late yet.
Speaker 13: We got sixty four tickets, sixty four pairs of tickets.
Speaker 1: How many people in line? Though?
Speaker 13: Uh?
Speaker 4: In line?
Speaker 1: How many more?
Speaker 11: Reason? You can tell them?
Speaker 1: We got thirty six people in line. Thirty six people in line, so there's about thirty pair of tickets for remaining. Yeah, well, what not bad? Well, I don't mean, I'm just saying. I'm just saying, well, because it looks like there's a lot of a lot.
Speaker 20: Of cars pulling up right now. And then, dude, somebody brought a school boys Like.
Speaker 1: You look at Facebook Live. Yeah, like if you look at Facebook live looking at you back, then there's a there's a school boys park right over there.
Speaker 2: Is there kids in it.
Speaker 1: I don't know if they brought the school boys, but you know, I.
Speaker 3: Would get that is so funny. That looks like so funny.
Speaker 1: That looks like the bus that drops off people at my house for trick or treats. Yeah, I've seen that. I've seen that.
Speaker 20: But I mean, I'm just saying, I don't know of Uh, I don't want to get any clothes because I don't want if they are here for tickets, I want him to lose a job.
Speaker 1: Could you go? Could you? But look at that lady running right there? I know I see him running. Can you? Can you go towards the back of the line. And I know you don't have a bullhorn or anything, but can you? Is rich Richie Hunt? That's his name, Richie Hunt? Are you? That's the guy that we've kind of been rooting for. He's been, he's been the three of your ticket hits. Now Richie Hunt's not here, Damn, he's not here.
Speaker 2: Yet, okay, but we're rooting for him.
Speaker 20: Who was the person to say it that I'm supposed to bring you all treats today or whatever?
Speaker 7: Me?
Speaker 1: We heard that, you know today being the last one, you know, Chili is sweet, bring in us some treats like I got a song ready for it and everything?
Speaker 21: All right?
Speaker 1: Who's the one that said it?
Speaker 20: Because I'm gonna make sure he doesn't get tickets?
Speaker 1: Oh, I will never tell my source. He's just thought that, uh, that today would be a great one for some treats on the way the people. It's the last one, all right, Lly, So you still you're feeling good. You got about twenty pair of tickets remaining, if somebody was.
Speaker 13: Close, Yeah, I mean we got we got a lot enough.
Speaker 20: We got about twenty five thirty left.
Speaker 1: So okay, I will let you do a one more ticket count with us, because I got a feeling that's not going to last. We'll come back to you in about three four minutes. All right, all right, no problem, it's uh.
Speaker 2: It's chilly.
Speaker 1: He's live at the Academy Sports and Outdoors in Paarland. If you are close, you know we're rooting for that guy that's coming from clear Lake. He's been to a bunch of these. Is he doing twenty eighth four Business Center Drive, Paarland, Texas seven seven five eight four.
Speaker 2: Punch it in.
Speaker 1: If you're close, it is not too late to get rod Ryan' Show twentieth Anniversary party tickets. Come home. Happy Halloween to all you freak shows out there.
Speaker 15: You are listening to The Rod Ryan Show on ninety four.
Speaker 1: Five The Buzz five The Buzz, Good Morning, rod Ryan's Show. Let's Shine down. Brent and Zach will be in town on Saturday Jacob Nole from Sublimes coming, Justin and Ryan of Blue October, Tyler, Dave and Joe Theory of a Dead Man, Scott Stevens, singer of the Xsies, and all of Rosie are all going to be performing acoustic sets on Saturday. Carbok Brewing Company. Doors all open at three. It is an all ages thing. You need a ticket for your kid. You need a ticket for that five year old, that six year old. If you are bringing that kid, oh, a ten year old. Yeah, you need a ticket for that kid. So I get it. We're giving away pairs of tickets and families are now torn.
Speaker 2: Who's going? What do you do? I get all of that all right?
Speaker 3: Make your favorite kid.
Speaker 1: I guess what you do every time? Whip out the report card? Who did the best on the report card? It's just that simple. Yeah, right, whom o the lawn last night? Yeah, your kid needs a ticket. Doors are open at three o'clock the Carbok Brewing He's got to be shut down by ten. A lot of people are asking, like, how late is this thing going. We anticipate the music stopping at around nine and then giving us like an hour to just to kind of like talk about like, oh my god, and hang and what just happened?
Speaker 2: But ten o'clock is when we will all file out of there.
Speaker 3: This is an iconic live on Facebook. Right now, the sun's coming up.
Speaker 1: People mine, I got, I got all kinds of people. It's been NonStop, Jay Rod, I have never ever shifted this eighteen wheeler as fast as I've been shifting this morning. Thank god. I made it just in time. I got to meet the famous Chili. He secured my tickets. Love you guys, all right, Jay made it in. Jay made it in.
Speaker 3: Now.
Speaker 1: Adam left the house. He lives in Parland. He left the house at seven point thirty three. He goes, I heard this on the radio. Jumped out so fast when I heard the location. We are so close, Adam, be careful. He is on the road right now trying to get there. Let's find out if you can still get in. We've been checking in with Chili sent seven o five Chile. What's up?
Speaker 16: Rod?
Speaker 1: This up a subbro. Everybody wants to know. Is it too late? Is there still tickets? I need I need a ticket count.
Speaker 13: I need to know where we're at all right, So we already got one hundred people in line, already.
Speaker 1: Oh the ticket throw gone baom. If you're on the road right now and you're two minutes away, it doesn't matter if you're sixty seconds away. Dude, I heard from the bus driver. She emailed me with kids with kids. No, no kids. I don't think there's kids on the bus. But she sent me a picture of you. You showed me you were standing in line Chili and you said, look at that school bus over here. She sent me a picture from the driver's seat. She said, I can't get out. I'll get fired. She goes, I just wanted to see it. She's working this morning.
Speaker 20: The funny The funny thing is, I saw like five minutes out there, I said, dad, I saw the bus just pulling out. I'm not going to say the fool district that he was or anything.
Speaker 1: I don't want to get her in trouble here.
Speaker 13: It was funny.
Speaker 1: So yeah, it was funny, dude. She didn't get ou out. She didn't do anything wrong. She just wanted to see Chili doing his thing. So let's let's repeat. Let's repeat. You have enough people, that's it. Your one hundred pair of tickets are spoken for. Everybody out there at the Academy Sports and Outdoors today. Yeah, so the tickets are all gone. The last person in line.
Speaker 20: I'm going to try to walk up to you and say hi, but she's already got the tickets.
Speaker 3: She knows that she's going to be the one.
Speaker 2: God, I hope you counted right here.
Speaker 1: Hey, here's the here's one hundred and one. The guy that lost in interviewed them. Bon No, here's one hundred one. Jim says that he drove from Katie. Oh, I'm flowery bro, Jim in the hoodie. Whoops, Well, wait a minute, walk to Jim. You guys have miscounted before. No, because I don't want to get his hopes up. Just tell her, Just tell him that we love Jim. We love you. Ron says he loves you jamming. Yeah, and just pray for a miscount.
Speaker 20: Hey, she said he's gonna Hey said, he's going to hang in line in case somebody worry if someone gets.
Speaker 3: Out of line.
Speaker 2: That's what I would do, That's what I do, all right.
Speaker 1: But we already got the people already, so they know.
Speaker 2: All right, thank you chili, thank you chili.
Speaker 1: All right, all right, treats, thank you, treats, just.
Speaker 3: Say everything bagel with the latte oat milk. Please, thank you.
Speaker 1: Snacks you treating snacks, treats.
Speaker 3: Extra shot, I don't know.
Speaker 1: No blowing glitz. Chili, you're so good on live teasing, fresh and hot. Maybe some fresh squeezed something, treat the sausage of sorts, all right, just chili, everybody, guys, thank you, thank you. This has been really, really fun. I was notified by Jeremy yesterday. When I was telling you guys all the different ways that you could get tickets to the Rod Ryan Show twentieth Anniversary party, he emailed me. He's like, rod quit sending people here. He said, you're the only one that has tickets this week. Oh they don't have them. Oh so Teresa, Caro Lee, they don't have them. It's yeah, it's Jared's like, dude, what are you doing to me? You told everybody I have tickets. They're all blowing me up this week. So you have We are the only gig in town, the rod Ryan Show. To get into the Rod Ryan Show twentyth anniversary party, I've got tickets for you. At eight twenty tomorrow, I'm going to be and we'll have tickets obviously. Thursday, Friday, Free Beer Friday. Every beer winner gets a six pack of tickets to the party. And then tomorrow night, I am out at Little Woodrow's in Edo East Downtown. It is eight oh one Saint Emmanuel Street. The place is amazing, and that Rosie is going to play live. They just want a little warm up, They want a little tune up gig. Yeah before they you know, they share the stage with these greats at the anniversary show, so it's a it's a tune up gig. They don't need any tune up. Trust me, they're peaking right now. They are running in the red. Rosie's going to be performing live, no cover charge. This one is an adult party twenty one and up at Little Woodrow's tomorrow. I'll see you there between seven and nine. Thank you. Chili.
Speaker 5: Houston's rocking alternatives.
Speaker 14: The rod Ryan The Morning Show from six to ten AM ninety four or five.
Speaker 1: Buzz ninety four or five the Buzz, Good Morning rod Ryan Show. That system of a down in toxicity. Rod Ryan's Show coming up on a halfway point.
Speaker 2: That's it.
Speaker 1: The era of Where's Chili at Wednesday comes to a close. Four five weeks, five weeks, I think I think five different locations. You got Dad's out there plotting it on on a map, trying to predict so awesome where Chili's going to be. You got to go back and listen to that first check in with Chili. Some chick that listens to the show had her dad help her looked at all the locations where Chili has been and just somehow deducted that the best opportunity and the best guess where Chili was gonna be was at the Academy in Paarland. She was there waiting for Chili to get there. No inside information, know nothing. Her dad is John Nash, internet guy from a beautiful mind.
Speaker 4: Yet like someone who watches true crime and like solves the murder.
Speaker 3: Because they look at the photo and they're like, you know what, I know where that is. I can find that place.
Speaker 1: I can see it. Now. He's got a map of the city and he's got like red string going from the different locations. There's a picture of Chili like he's the one to look out for. There's that.
Speaker 2: Wild wild stuff man.
Speaker 1: All right, I have a pair of rod Ryan showed twentieth anniversary party tickets for you coming up at eight twenty apparently you can only get them from us now. Wow, everyone else on the station is shut out from those tickets given away for the big party on Saturday. Make sure you make plans to join me tomorrow. I will be at eight one St. Emmanuel Street in Ito. The brand one of those well it's not brand new, but it's it's new. It's new and it looks amazing. We'll be at Little Woodrow tomorrow seven to nine Rosie's playing live. I'll give away fifty pair of tickets, not a first come, first serve basis. We'll get you signed up, put you in the registration box, and then I'll draw names for the two hours I'm there. All right, what are Houston's headlines? Please? Well?
Speaker 4: Hurricane Milton could be one of the most destructive storms on record for West central Florida. Milton, currently a Category five storm with maximum sustained wins of one hundred and sixty miles per hour, is set to make landfall tonight or early Thursday. Forcaster's projected to make landfall slightly south of Tampa, which hasn't seen a storm like this in a century. Former Houston police officer Gerald Goins is set to spend at least three decades behind bars for the murder of a married couple during a botch drug raid at their home. A jury sentence goins yesterday to sixty years in prison with a possibility for parol in thirty years. Coins will be ninety years old by the time he's eligible. Lisa Marie Presley's Past two memoir came out yesterday with the help of her daughter Riley Keoh. It's called From Here to the Great Unknown. One of the big takeaways that everyone's talking about is how she kept her son, Benjamin, who took his own life sadly in twenty twenty when he was only twenty seven. She kept his body on dry ice in her home for two months. She says, my house has separate casita's bedroom, has a separate casita's bedroom, and he kept and she kept ben Ben that's what she calls him in there for two months. There's no law in the state of California that you have to bury someone immediately, and she felt so fortunate that there was a way she could still parent him and delay it a bit longer so that she could become okay with laying him to rest.
Speaker 2: Okay, that's.
Speaker 1: Listen, everyone, grieves difference, but keeping your kid on ice, that's mental, that's something.
Speaker 2: There was something wrong with her, right, there was something wrong with her.
Speaker 4: Well had she struggled with abuse and addiction as well. But I think if people had more. I mean, she's rich, right, she's a she's a millionaire, she has this estate. I think rich people do really weird things like this when given the opportunity.
Speaker 1: Keeping your dead child on ice. How was that? I mean you said that there was a loophole and it's technically legal. Yeah, that shouldn't be allowed.
Speaker 4: Let's talk about Carrie Underwood because it was just reported that she was paid a million bucks every time the theme song from NBC Sunday Night Football plays. So keep in mind that salary was for the entirety of the twenty twenty three season.
Speaker 3: We don't know if she made that much on like the.
Speaker 4: Previous seasons, but with eighteen weeks in the NFL, that means Carrie will make thirty six million dollars between this year and last year. That's if she hasn't negotiated a raise for this season.
Speaker 1: What I'd killed to find out right now? What Faith Hill?
Speaker 2: What was her?
Speaker 1: It couldn't have been close to that. No, no, no, it could have been close to that. And I think faith Hill was done in twenty thirteen and her intros were great too. I loved it.
Speaker 4: So Carrie's talking about it, She's like, I do the whole main version that everyone knows, that iconic part of it. But then she goes they go through and pick all the matchups for regular season and then off football, and then she sings every possible combinations of teams that could possibly maybe play each other, and she's like, and even in the back of your mind, you're like, I know.
Speaker 3: They ain't gonna make it into the so what is she talking about?
Speaker 6: She flexes like if they be like, like the Browns and Dolphins are here for fat okay, So then you just do every like they.
Speaker 3: Have flex scheduling.
Speaker 7: But I bet you during the week she could even just hop in and be like, whoever the two teams that get flexed into the Giants and Bingles.
Speaker 3: I wonder if you want it ready?
Speaker 1: But I wonder if it's even because it's all she's not writing the lyrics. Somebody's writing everything for her. She's got to of course sing.
Speaker 7: It, and that part is usually just kind of shoehorned in in that one specific part.
Speaker 1: I just wonder if she can knock that out in like two eight hour sessions, even three eight hour sessions. I bet you that could get knocked out a million dollars every Sunday.
Speaker 3: Night, a day worth of work.
Speaker 2: I bet you it's two eight hour sessions.
Speaker 1: That's so sick amazing. That's my guess.
Speaker 3: Why couldn't I be born with talent? Alex, you could have been doing this, but you don't want to sing. Jacks the legs.
Speaker 1: I don't have the leg you sing.
Speaker 9: I don't have the legs singing and you sing good.
Speaker 3: Listen, listen.
Speaker 4: If you're listening to metal yu drive, it may not be the best idea because a new poll suggests that it makes you dangerous. According to a survey of a thousand people, metal heads are more likely to honk at other drivers, run red lights, get into major crashes, and get to UIs.
Speaker 3: And fans of other musical genres.
Speaker 4: They're only fourth on the list of drivers likely to get road rage. RB and R and B and soul fans were most prone to road rage, followed by rap and then E d M listeners. People who listen to Joe Rogan experience are twenty three percent.
Speaker 3: Likely to have road rage. You think it'd be a lot higher.
Speaker 4: Stone drivers most likely to tailgate listen to rap, while people who listen to podcasts are the most likely to text while driving.
Speaker 3: And get into a benda benda. Those are he some sid slines.
Speaker 7: Take it out, you text everybody, which you just heard talk about this?
Speaker 2: Yeah, but I mean R and B Let's get it on. Those are the worst drivers.
Speaker 3: You're focused on the road Rangers all right?
Speaker 7: In the MLB bomb in the MLB playoffs, yesterday the Mets beat the Phillies seven to two, Padres got by the Dodgers six to five. There's four games on the MLB schedule today. Guardians and Tigers is going to start things off at two oh eight, and it's Mets against the Phillies at four, followed by Yankees Royals at six, and wrapping things up will be the Padres against the Dodgers at eight oh eight. You can watch all of those games on TBS, True TV, and FS one.
Speaker 10: That is what's going on in sports, Hit It Rock and Alternative fairhust The Rod Ryan.
Speaker 11: Morning Show six to ten AM, The Buzz.
Speaker 1: Thinety four five, The Buzz Offspring, the kids Orange all right. Halfway part of the show, pe pup, you see nothing above a ten percent chance of rain, sunny skies, highs up around ninety. When they said we were getting a cold front, I didn't know. It was just a morning cold front. Uh sixty two outside awesome. I saw people in line with the Chile this morning with their hoodies, sweat weather.
Speaker 3: They were cody.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I saw some of that in line. It will warm up to ninety.
Speaker 3: Did you bring a sweatshirt today, Rod.
Speaker 1: I did not.
Speaker 3: Well, you're going to be coldy. I didn't do that.
Speaker 1: No too. It was glorious taking vou out this morning, and then just that short little where I park into the building. It's a little windy. I park on the sixth floor here, and uh, it was glorious. I loved it. I loved it.
Speaker 2: I want to ruin it with a sweater.
Speaker 7: This morning I walked out, I was like, somebody's got their ug boots on today.
Speaker 1: Somebody does some girls like pull the fur out I saw, but it was it was just weird seeing people in line wearing jackets this morning. When Chili was on Facebook Live, Adam sent me this email. At seven forty goes Bro pulling in the parking lot. I just heard Chili on the air give the devastating news. I'm going to try to hang and say hi. At least I hadn't heard back from Adam. He sent me a picture. He goes, Dude, I'm one O two in line. He said. I saw what Chili said was the cutoff. He goes, I'm hoping for a miscount, and I haven't heard back from him because they've miscounted before.
Speaker 2: So I get there's people everywhere.
Speaker 1: It's it's a scene out there between him, Chili and Marvin. And then we got a bunch of new kids that are working for us. Now it's awesome. It's just it's pretty crazy out there. Where is Oh?
Speaker 7: No?
Speaker 11: What?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 21: Now?
Speaker 11: What happened?
Speaker 2: I heard from Richie?
Speaker 1: Richie?
Speaker 2: I heard from Richie.
Speaker 1: Today was the fourth time that he was attempting to go out on a Where's Chili at Wednesday? Four times Richie has been out. Four times. Richie from Lake Jack has been shut out. No, Richie, You're horrible, Alex. But Richie rod I was just pulling in and I heard the line is full. Fourth time was not a charm. I was in Paarland, which I literally passed up from Angleton to get to the Med Center to be in a central location for Chili's announcement. Traffic held me up, too bad yet again. I drove right past the academy an hour ago. Now I'm not getting tickets regardless. Thanks for the opportunity. Man heading home defeated Richie.
Speaker 3: Damn it stings.
Speaker 1: One more for Richie, please, just one more for Richie. I was.
Speaker 3: That's a strong one.
Speaker 1: That's a lot of work, man, that's a lot of work. He drove past where Chili was an hour ago, trying to find a good spot to hang. So when Chili makes the announcement, he's centrally located. He can get there. By the time he got to where he was hanging. Chili makes makes the announcement, he tries to backpedal and he can't get there.
Speaker 3: You can't chase the dragon. You have to let it come to you.
Speaker 1: Richie, Please come out to please come out to Little Wood Druss tomorrow fIF.
Speaker 3: Times a charm. That's what they say.
Speaker 1: Oh damn, yeah, no ways, time, Richie, come out, come out tomorrow eight oh one. Saint Emmanuel, it's your last chance to win tickets. I really I want to at least shake the man's hand I wanted.
Speaker 2: I mean, what an effort.
Speaker 1: Who's putting in that kind of effort. I've had people a lot. I've had people go to every single one of my ticket spots. I've had people go so where was I was out in Katie, Then I was out at the Porky's location out there at Humble. Then they've gone to see Chili a couple of times. They plan on coming tomorrow. Rosie's gonna play live. I get it. Man party is on Saturday, where your last stop. As a matter of fact, I have tickets to the Rod Ryan Show twentieth Anniversary Party on.
Speaker 2: The flip of this break, Richie.
Speaker 1: This number is only for Richie seven one three two one two five nine four five. I want everybody to stand down, Okay, I want all of you stand down. Let Richie call. As a matter of fact, nine of you can call. Let Richie in at ten please, Okay, only and only Richie seven one three, two and two five nine four five. That's the number you're going to use after the break, Richie, to win some tickets.
Speaker 5: Rock and Alternative, The Rod Ryan.
Speaker 11: Morning show six to ten am, The Buzz.
Speaker 1: Fi The Buzz Welcome back Rod Ryan's Show. All right, thanks so much for having us on. Yes, I'm gonna give you a chance. Everybody can call, including Richie. I'm gonna give you a answ to win some tickets. And I have a few things that I want to say about the twentieth anniversary party. That some questions that have been coming in that I did not have answers to, and I am surprised at the answers I received. I will share that information with you immediately following what's trending.
Speaker 4: Remember those glitter freckles that Taylor Swift was wearing at the football game.
Speaker 1: No, but go, I want to circle back on something. Please tell me about those. I don't know what those are. So she's a looking at girls.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so the owner of this small business has these freckles that you can put on your face that'll give it like a sparkling effect, and she had sent Taylor Swift's makeup artists them like months ago. Well, Taylor Swift shows up at Monday Night football as fort Travis Kelsey and you can see her rocking the little glitter freckles. Okay, she has changed this woman's life and anyone else on the market who is making a glitter freckle in some capacity, the sales of them are up like thousands of percent.
Speaker 1: Now London wear's glitter all the time. Is it the same thing? I mean it's no.
Speaker 3: This is like a sheet. This is like a freckle sheet.
Speaker 1: Okay. So my kid just kind of like rubs glitter on her face, which also has.
Speaker 3: A great effect.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's like good that that brings out her little glitter freckles.
Speaker 2: Here, I get glitter rubbed on my face.
Speaker 3: Absolutely, and it gets all of her house and I'll never ever ever be despunged.
Speaker 1: Okay, well that's on the look at a girls block page. Here's what I wanted to mention when when I was young, and I think when you guys were young as well. Okay, when you hit a certain age, acne becomes a problem for some people and some worse than others. And they made a product called clear a cell, yeah, and that would be to dry out your skin and cure the acne. And then they came out with skin colored clear cell to maybe almost act as a little cover up a tint, right, so that you wanted to hide it. Yeah, kids are not wearing stickers on top of their pimples.
Speaker 4: Yeah, showing them off like there'll be a star or a heart. It's a pimple patch.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they're seeing it. I had to ask a kid, like, what is that on your face? It's like, Oh, it's a pimple patch.
Speaker 3: It's like a ghost or something. It's like a little it's like a character.
Speaker 1: I'm owning my pimples, dude.
Speaker 3: I'm telling you the confidence of these younger kids. I love it. I love it.
Speaker 1: I don't know that I do.
Speaker 3: I love it.
Speaker 1: I think it's good. I think they're in for a root awakening when they get older.
Speaker 4: Also, one of the longest standing casino hotels on the Las Vegas Strip went out with a bang.
Speaker 3: Overnight.
Speaker 4: Demolition crews brought down the Tropicana Las Vegas, which opened in nineteen fifty seven. Trapaicano was famous for live entertainment. It was destroyed in twenty two seconds, preceded by a seven minute drone and fireworks show there in Vegas. Also, if you go over to the like the popular blog page links and guests, The carry Underwood Sunday Night football story is the most popular blog page. It's more popular than the Wildcar Wednesday the headline.
Speaker 1: I almost it's unbelievable that every time I watch Sunday Night Football and I see her intro, Come on, that's a million dollars in her pocket, king to Chang to Chang to ching. That's a million dollars in her handler's pocket. She wouldn't carry her own money like that.
Speaker 4: Yeah, in a bank roll, get her bag. Maybe she does carry all her money, and that's why her legs are so fit.
Speaker 3: That's just trending.
Speaker 1: Bus she's just squatting stacks of cash. Yeah, dude, okay, yes, I'm gonna give you a chance to win some tickets. Here's what I just found out. That something called the Rod Ryan Show twentyth anniversary Party. Everyone's been asking, and I get it. You know, we're telling you we're gonna have a party that the doors open at three and they it shuts down at ten. I don't think like this, but people do. Rod. What am I gonna eat? Now? I just want to party?
Speaker 2: Okay?
Speaker 1: Now, food sounds like a good idea, Yeah.
Speaker 3: And aarry. You probably want to get some food in your belly. If you're drinking all day, you lunch.
Speaker 1: Now, I guess let me even back up even further. It's a brewery. Yeah, dude, there's going to be beer there for sale, right, so there will be water there. As a matter of fact, we have a water sponsor, Liquid Death, so there will be beverages there for sale for purchase.
Speaker 2: What I did tell you, guys, you're.
Speaker 1: Not gonna get dinged that twelve dollars that you get dinged at other places. I'm not gonna. I'm not gonna go against any other you know, venues in the area. But it's the brewery. They're not gonna It's gonna be very cost effective to drink at this thing. Okay, but bring but bring some money, cash, credit card.
Speaker 2: They're set up for you.
Speaker 1: Okay. They host parties there all the time, so there will be beverage all ages. Does your kid need a ticket? Yes, your kid needs a ticket. That kid's walking in, That kid needs a ticket. Okay, get a sitter. Now. The other thing is the food. There's gonna be food trucks there and the pizza joint will be open with a limited menu.
Speaker 3: What do you what more do you need? So there's food now, so what else do people need?
Speaker 1: They don't want to stand for that.
Speaker 3: Am Okay, they need some place to see Rod.
Speaker 1: Rod, where am I gonna sit between three and seven o'clock?
Speaker 3: I will assign seats, and I said, let.
Speaker 1: Me go check on this. Okay, here we go. Okay, talk to Doug. Doug's like the big guy over there. Dog. Yes, on the chairs. You can bring a portable. You can bring a portable chair with you. Now, tailgate, do you think you can bring your chair and you're gonna park that thing right in front of the stage?
Speaker 8: Uh huh.
Speaker 1: There is an area where chairs will.
Speaker 2: Not be allowed.
Speaker 1: But if you want to bring a chair, apparently, if it's back far enough. And I'm told that this is all going to be explained to everyone. If you would like to bring a chair, it'll be it'll be far back from the stage, but you will be allowed to bring a chair into this. Okay. Okay, Now if you if I get one email and somebody wants to bring a goddamn lazy boy, okay, no, don't bring your do not bring a sofa.
Speaker 3: You're not camping.
Speaker 1: That's run fast.
Speaker 4: This is the twentieth anniversary party.
Speaker 16: Rod.
Speaker 1: I want to bring a blow up mattress from my family.
Speaker 7: Yeah, no, can I bring a bounce house and we can bounce and watch?
Speaker 3: It's gonna be hot.
Speaker 1: Okay, So there's gonna be opportunities to purchase food, opportunities to purchase beer, opportunities to purchase other beverages.
Speaker 3: Yes, opportunities to piss me off. You ask one more question, you can be clear bag policies ride.
Speaker 1: Oh god, as well.
Speaker 3: Stop, we're just doing We're doing the fakus.
Speaker 1: I think we should knock them out. Okay, I don't have an answer to that one.
Speaker 3: Okay, call carback.
Speaker 1: I just asked, wizard. I'm like, can we please get a FAQ thing put together? I'm I'm begging give my number out. I'm begging. No, I'm not having people call you.
Speaker 3: I have things to tell them.
Speaker 1: Now, with all that being said, would you like to go to the party?
Speaker 3: It sounds so fun.
Speaker 1: I'll take caller number ten right now. Seven one three, two one two five nine four five. The Right Ryan.
Speaker 5: Show celebrating twenty years ninety four.
Speaker 1: The Buzz, I'm the buzz. Good Morning rod Ryan Show stayed for you. I'm not gonna make you wait.
Speaker 2: Let's just go do this.
Speaker 1: Good morning, Hey Richie, how are you. Oh my gosh, you don't do that. Wait a minute.
Speaker 2: Richie didn't get through.
Speaker 3: Richie. This isn't you, I said.
Speaker 1: I said everybody. I said everyone seificai, I said, stand down, everyone, Let Richie go in.
Speaker 3: I heard you.
Speaker 2: Who is this?
Speaker 1: You gotta you have to take Richie. I'm only giving you one ticket. Alsa, absolutely not. I'm giving you a pair of tickets to the Rod Ryan Showed twentieth anniversary party. It's this Saturday.
Speaker 3: There will be chairs, you can bring a chair. There can be beer.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, yeah, Oh my gosh, thank y'all. You can bring a chair if you want. You can't get it close. There's going to be food there to purchase. There's gonna be beers there for purchase. There'll be waters there for purchase.
Speaker 3: A chili, petting zoo.
Speaker 7: There will not be a petty ZUEI chilli will be the only He'll love it.
Speaker 3: His idea.
Speaker 4: I'm going to bring my husband.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's why. Hi, missus, Richie. How are you? I didn't know Richie was married, Alissa. Thanks for being a great sport. We'll see you on Saturday. Okay, thank you so much, brother, thank you, thank you. Where are you from Texas. Okay, very good. Well, I think you and your husband are going to be a great addition to our party.
Speaker 2: This is your last gig.
Speaker 1: In town here to try to this is your last chance. You're listening to the rod Ryan sho. We're going to force you to listen to us. I guess that's the h I guess that's the playbook here at the Buzz. No one else has tickets the rest of the day, it's just us. I just found out about that. Like Jeremy was yelling at me, Jeremy and.
Speaker 2: Every ye else.
Speaker 1: It's like, dude, what are you doing.
Speaker 2: You're killing me.
Speaker 1: You're sending some prom You're sending people to me. I don't have tickets, only you have them this week. I said, thanks Jeremy. All right. It's excited times, it really is. I mean, we're you can tell how excited we all are, and it's it's nothing but love for everyone. And I understand all the questions. Man, It's like people feel like they really feel like they're holding on. It's got that Golden Ticket Willie Wonka and the chocolate factory feel to it, which is awesome. So Alyssa, I'm gonna put you on hold you are in I have to tell you. Tomorrow eight oh one, Saint Emmanuel, I will be at Little Woodrow's edo. I will be there. Rosie's Rosie's coming. They're gonna play. They're gonna plug in and play. This is like their their warm up gig to open things up out there at the Brewery on Saturday. So come meet the guy Rosie. They're the best man. You know what they're doing. They're selling shot classes now. If you buy a shot class, they'll order you a drink and then they do like a big group shot after their show. Oh fuck, it's pretty cool. Yeah yeah, yeah, So like, okay, if you buy a shot glass during the set. I hope they're doing this tomorrow. They did it the last time they played, and I think that's kind of the thing. Now. You buy the shot class and they're like, meet us after the show and we'll fill that for you and.
Speaker 3: Then we'll take a show.
Speaker 1: We'll all do one together.
Speaker 3: That's really cute.
Speaker 1: I wish I would have thought of that when I was in a band.
Speaker 3: Sham he would have made it. You wouldn't be here today. You'd be taking shots on the road with everyone still.
Speaker 2: People would be bringing chairs to come see my band.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I got an.
Speaker 1: Email share we shift the Little Gears here. I think it was Derek that sent me this. Yeah, it is Rod. I went to breakfast at Cracker Barrel on the West Side over the weekend with some friends. I knew when we pulled up it was going to be packed. The wait was twenty five to forty minutes, and I was positive no one in our.
Speaker 2: Group would wait.
Speaker 1: But I was wrong. My wife's friend immediately spoke up and said to the hostess, we'll wait, okay, without asking anyone in the group what we wanted to do. She then turns around and I was like, what else do we have to do?
Speaker 3: He eat?
Speaker 1: I was secretly pissed off because I was starving and there's tons of restaurants out there next to us. If I wasn't in the group, there's no doubt I would have left. Who sits around for up to forty minutes for a meal? Do you btw thirty seven minutes? The longest thirty seven minutes of my life? And then we waited another twenty five minutes for the food. Effing torture and rude for her to speak for all of us.
Speaker 3: I don't think I'm on his side.
Speaker 1: Here's how you eliminate that. Going out to eat with a group of people is the worst thing in the world. It is the worst thing in the world.
Speaker 3: It's an adventure, for sure.
Speaker 1: I'm good with another couple, maybe two couples. I will not be at a table with more than six people. I'm not doing it. I'm not doing it. Who's getting the bill? I'm splitting who's doing all of this? And it's just you're getting apps? Are you? Are you in all you can drink? Mimsta person?
Speaker 2: Is there dessert?
Speaker 1: People at the table? It'so much to manage for me. I don't enjoy it. Yeah, so I get I I eliminate that before someone speaks up and say, yeah, we'll all wait forty five minutes for a table. He just thought it was a little presumptuous of her to speak for the group. She didn't even check it in, like, hey, you guys want to you want to try somewhere else?
Speaker 3: Yeah, but that's the move. She's not gonna go.
Speaker 4: I think it's ruder to be like, hey, who wants to wait to turn her ound?
Speaker 3: You're at the front, Hey, who wants to wait?
Speaker 4: Who wants to leave you automatically just say hey, we'll wait, and then that way you're on the list. And then if you all collectively decide, hey, actually we're not gonna wait, doesn't matter.
Speaker 3: You're still in line.
Speaker 7: I think it took. It would have been like thirty seconds. But you guys want to wait. Yep, that's all it takes.
Speaker 3: And you're and then your whole you're holding up and then there's a line thirty behind you.
Speaker 7: Thirty seconds, so you wait, r did you did you want to wait thirty minutes?
Speaker 2: Do you guys want to wait?
Speaker 3: That's one literally, that's one person.
Speaker 1: Start the timer. Start the timer. Everyone's standing on a round, so you guys, you guys want to wait, or you guys want to go check somewhere else. And then you're looking, You're looking, You're looking at you.
Speaker 4: You're I mean, you're assuming everyone's like you boom.
Speaker 1: Now we're ten seconds in. You're not stalling.
Speaker 4: I think I think you just put it down as a as a veil seat.
Speaker 1: What does cracker barrel have by way by means of.
Speaker 3: Waiting those little games?
Speaker 1: Do they have an area, because here's the other thing.
Speaker 3: Have a store at the country store, okay.
Speaker 1: So can you wait in there? Hang on a second. Hear me out where you wait means something to me as well. If I'm in the doorway and I'm asked to elbows and we're standing there and people are coming in and out, in and out. Yeah, I'm not waiting. I'm not waiting for forty five minutes in that wait shopping. Can you see the old couple that has been done for twenty minutes? Can I eyeball them while they're ordering another cup of coffee? Can I see them while I'm waiting, because then I might stay. I'll play Alex on that one.
Speaker 3: You could just look at them?
Speaker 1: Can I see people? Can I see people and stare them down looking at that check sitting at their table?
Speaker 4: Can you take chill pill, go, get in a rocking chair in the front and clear your jets.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I don't know what the exact setup is there. I know that waiting forty five minutes at a place, it's almost a long time. It's almost an absolute deal breaker for me. I don't have the patience. I see you guys in these lines. You know I don't need fast food. I see you guys in these lines, and I see these lines at fast food places, and I don't care how fast it is.
Speaker 3: Insane.
Speaker 1: I cannot believe you guys do that. I cannot believe the lines of people that I see. I don't care what it is, Taco Bell, if it's any of these places, I cannot believe the lines. I know that I'm not you. I'm not a regular person that doesn't mind waiting. I really mind waiting.
Speaker 3: I'm pretty impatient.
Speaker 4: But when I really crave something, I'll wait for the thing I want.
Speaker 3: Craving, I will wait for the thing I want. Also, I don't like eating with a big group.
Speaker 4: Of people, but like when my family comes down and we're like eight people, it's.
Speaker 3: Just part of it.
Speaker 4: We gotta wait, we gotta park, if we don't want to all enjoy a meal together, if we didn't make reservations, it's it's.
Speaker 3: One of the things. But you know what, the joy I have sitting down with like my family, to me, it's worth it. Oh wait two hours, I don't.
Speaker 1: Care, it's joyless. There's no enjoyment my family, eight people at a table, I don't care.
Speaker 7: If it's the family is an exception, And like a if you're with a big group and like there's not a lot of other places to go.
Speaker 3: I understand that. Yeah, but like with girlfriends and like friends. No, I'm not doing not doing that. Oh my guys, let's go correct.
Speaker 1: And this was his wife's friend, so not family right, like you were talking right, you said like there was some kind of a family clause. This is his wife's friend that said spoke up for the group.
Speaker 2: Will wait?
Speaker 1: Hey, hooker, why don't you check in with me because maybe we won't wait? Which, you know what, if you don't need to keep the group together, then just peel off.
Speaker 3: Oh separate. Yeah, I'm missing a bounce gang.
Speaker 1: All right. I appreciate that. Email. Lincoln Park on the Buzz ninety four or five The Buzz New music from Lincoln Park rod Ryan Show on this Wednesday, which is now kind of back to wild Card Wednesday.
Speaker 2: That is our Instagram feature.
Speaker 1: But ChIL kind of stole the show, and he stole the seven o'clock hour with h Where's Chili at Wednesday?
Speaker 2: Guess what?
Speaker 1: When we were watching on Facebook Live and we saw and I think it was the dude with the hoodie and he said he was number one oh one and he was just going to kind of hang Out Classic miscount he was number one hundred.
Speaker 3: He didn't want to leave.
Speaker 1: He was told he was one oh one. He said, I'm just going to wait because none of you look like you can count, which he took a gamble. What's up, brother Rod? It turns out I was number one hundred and where is chili giveaway in pair Land? All I can say is thank God for bad counting. My son is going to love this, absolutely, love the show. Keep doing what you're doing, sock sock shoe shoe. Dude is standing there waiting, thinking, I'm not getting tickets, but I'm going to just see, just to see, just hope, and again they miscounted. He stayed, He stayed, and he got tickets. Love it.
Speaker 3: I love that he got the ticket. Now.
Speaker 1: The picture that I'm looking at right now rod on one O two in line, which means you're one on one oh. It is brutal.
Speaker 2: It's brutal.
Speaker 1: Come out and see me tomorrow night, guys, Come out and see me tomorrow night. Little wood Row's in Itto.
Speaker 5: Rock and Alternative, where he used to the Rod Ryan Morning.
Speaker 11: Show six to ten.
Speaker 1: AM ninety four or five. Buzz started blind and semi Charmed Life. For some reason, you just need to follow that song up with a who at the end, good morning to help you off to a great start to your Wednesday hump Day. We're back at it with wild Card Wednesday. That is, it's now back to our number one link today. Although a lot of people look at that Kerry Underwood wink. I know you talked about that in the last Houston's headlines, but.
Speaker 3: For the most popular link, I still can't wrap.
Speaker 1: My head around it.
Speaker 2: Every time.
Speaker 1: I mean, and I rarely miss Sunday Night Football the intro. I don't always watch the game. I always watch carry Yeah, okay, yeah, I'm there for that a million every time that Sunday Night Football intro airs. That goes in her pocket. That's great. Lots of stuff for you on the world famous rod Ryan showpage at the buzz dot com. Ten percent chance of rain, sunny skies, highs of around ninety one.
Speaker 2: Final time, What are Houston's headlines?
Speaker 4: Millions of people on Florida's Gulf Coast are scrambling to get out of the way of Hurricane Milton. The National Hurricane Center says Milton is a catastrophic category for hurricane and will be extremely dangerous when it hits Florida's central coast either tonight or early tomorrow morning. Milton is currently at about two hundred and thirty miles southwest of Tampa, and the winds are at one hundred and fifty five miles per hour. I am looking at fiends on my Twitter where people are trying to evacuate.
Speaker 3: They only have a few options.
Speaker 4: To leave out of Florida, so I seventy five, four forty one, I four I ninety five.
Speaker 3: Those are all jammed with people trying to lead there on bumper to bumper traffic.
Speaker 4: So evacuation routes are are definitely excruciating right now. A lot of gas stations on those evacuation run out of fuel. The attorney for a Houston woman who recently filed suit against Cleveland Browns quarterback to Sean Watson says the matter has been settled. Women filed the action last month against A Shawn, accusing him of sexual assault and battery, saying he attacked her inside of an apartment in twenty twenty when he was a member of the Houston Texans. Watson denied the charges, and now the plaintiff, Sawyer says the matter has been disposed of with a confidential settlement.
Speaker 1: Settlement, so a big fat check was written.
Speaker 3: Well, hush money there.
Speaker 4: Researchers in Denmark say they've created a pill that mimics the benefits of running a ten k.
Speaker 3: I want this to be real so bad.
Speaker 1: I'll take a marathon's worth of pills. Yeah, every morning, get my days, because I'll never know what that feels like to run a marathon. Started if I could take a marathon pill, hook me up? Yeah, you got a guy? Else, you got a guy?
Speaker 4: Wait, So it doesn't come obviously, it doesn't come with all the benefits of actually doing the running.
Speaker 3: For example, your legs.
Speaker 4: Aren't gonna get any stronger when you take this little.
Speaker 1: Pilm, But are you gonna grow a tail?
Speaker 4: It will trigger the release of the hormone that suppresses your appetite and another one that blushes fatty acids from your blood.
Speaker 3: Dream. It'll also bring your.
Speaker 4: Body into a metabolic state that corresponds to running at ten k.
Speaker 1: Okay, has this gone beyond rat testing?
Speaker 2: I mean, can I get it? Can we get this?
Speaker 3: We need to try to get this.
Speaker 1: But you and I is it even available?
Speaker 15: Well?
Speaker 3: I don't know, no does It's sane. Just tells me. It just tells me about the pill.
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 3: There's no link to get it.
Speaker 4: You know, it's gonna whatever website it is is gonna crash.
Speaker 3: So this is all I have for you right now. Everything I have for you is on links and guests.
Speaker 4: Please just know that the laziest person you know might soon be the healthiest.
Speaker 3: So treat your lazy friends.
Speaker 2: Well, she's what you been doing popping pills.
Speaker 1: You look right.
Speaker 4: This is a great story and honor of Breast Cancer Awareness Month, Jenni Fisher aka Pam from the Office.
Speaker 3: Revealed that she has a beat the disease.
Speaker 4: She posted on ig saying she actually was diagnosed with breast cancer last December. She had have surgery, had to have chemotherapy radiation, but now she is cancer free and feeling great. She says she's been able to wait until now due to some great wigs and hats, to be able to reveal everything that's been going on with her. She also urged everyone to get checked. She said if she had waited six months longer, things could have been much worse, and then she referenced the scene from the office where Michael Scott told her to get her breast checked because they're ticking time bags.
Speaker 1: If there was only a place where you could donate money or maybe even buy'd be a good march. Maybe even buy a shirt where the money would go to breast cancer research.
Speaker 3: Wait, what about the rod Ryan schio Care store online?
Speaker 1: You know what? Thanks for the reminder. I do know a place, the rod Ryan show Cares online store Breast Cancer Awareness Month. Our money goes to research. Please if you haven't shopped yet, please go check out the store. On links and Guests, cold.
Speaker 3: Play was recently on Saturday Night Live.
Speaker 4: They've been the musical guest on SNL for eight times eight times and then they've won a Grammy seven times and their Music of the Spears World Tour is the biggest rock tour of all time. But before they head to the UK and Indian and late summer twenty twenty five, Chris Martin and company will play nine stadium shows all over North America from May through July, closest one to US El Paso.
Speaker 1: It's still I never once in my free time while I put on a cold Play song. I don't hate them, I just I just don't think about them ever. I've seen them twice live. It's a top ten concert experience, it really is. There's so much going on.
Speaker 4: By song four, it's an experience by song it's more than a concert.
Speaker 1: By song four, it looks like at the end of a kiss concert. There's confetti, there's huge beach balls. By song four, the place is tracked.
Speaker 3: As I'm saying, there's so.
Speaker 4: Much going on, not just dudes play music like they are gonna wow you and blow your head off, and then you're.
Speaker 1: You're surprised how many songs you know by them? Yeah, they're amazing live. Then you're then your little wrist band is going off and it's blinking to the music and you feel like you're a part of something.
Speaker 3: It really is awesome, just like Kay's okay, let's are use this sad.
Speaker 1: Life all right? What you got out o there?
Speaker 7: In the MOLA playoffs, yesterday the Mets beat the Phillies seven to two, the Padres yet but the Dodgers six to five. There's four games on the schedule today. Guardians at Tigers starts things off at two eight, Then the Mets play the Phillies at four, followed by Yankees against the Royals at six, and then the Padres and Dodgers wrapped things up at eight o'clock. You can watch all of the games today on TVs, True TV.
Speaker 3: And FS one. That is what's going on in sports.
Speaker 5: The Buzz, Rock and All Tearing, and very soon The rod.
Speaker 11: Ryan Morning Show six to ten AM.
Speaker 1: Ninety four five, The Buzz, Good Morning, brod Ryan Show, That's Jimmy eight World, and The Middle rod Ryan Show. I just got off the phone with with Fonda. Yeah, she emailed me and I couldn't really make out what she was emailing. She just she emailed me and said I'll take I'll take two VIP passes to the anniversary show. And I said, excuse me, so she ended up. I saw that she was calling, so I took the call during the song. I didn't know what was going to happen, and she was like, yeah, I'll take those VIP passes to the show. And I said what She's like, VIP's there's got to be VIP. I said, there there might be some VIP area, but we've never even said that on the air. She goes, I'll take two for me and then I'll take two for Richie too. I'd like to pay it forward to him.
Speaker 3: Oh so nice. That's really nice of her, But I collect her vip.
Speaker 1: I told her, I said, listen, I can tell you're a good soul. I can tell you think you're thinking of Richie. Richie is the guy that's been every single Chili everything, every single ticket location that we've been to, and he just didn't get there in time. I told Fonda what I told Richie, who we talked about earlier today on the show.
Speaker 2: That's it for the tickets.
Speaker 1: For me today. I don't have any more to give away on air. Apparently the guys the shore on the station don't have any tickets, so it's just us this week tomorrow night. I can only imagine what it's gonna look like over there eight oh one Saint Emmanuel Edo that that address should ring a bell. It is now Little Woodrows. It is a beautiful location. We are going to be there signing people up to win tickets. I have fifty pair of tickets to give away. I've got Love Street Bald on Tap you hurt me not Love Street Blonde, Love Street Bald Okay, coming home, a little tap handle and everything.
Speaker 2: My head's on there.
Speaker 1: It's awesome, and I'll give away fifty pair of tickets. Not a first not a first come, first surf situation. This is a raffle Come in, get signed up, and hopefully Fonda and everyone else it will come and get signed up. Rosie's gonna be playing live. It's gonna be fun. It's to be great. Oo scary scary.
Speaker 4: Okay, now this weather, you see, this weather makes me wear my Halloween stuff.
Speaker 3: I'm riding that hoodie, well, no underneath because I'm cold.
Speaker 2: Yeah, double hoodie.
Speaker 3: I've got my witches.
Speaker 1: Okay, is that a T shirt? I can't see?
Speaker 2: Girls will be girls?
Speaker 3: Witches say on?
Speaker 1: Gotcha?
Speaker 3: This is radio. You kind of had to explain it to girls will be girls?
Speaker 5: What you say on?
Speaker 1: I said it? Everyone knows. Two thousand Americans were asked when did you see your first scary movie? Sixty five percent of people said their first scary movie they saw before the age of eleven. Guys, I was five years old when I saw Jaws. I don't know what kind of psycho parents I had. I wouldn't go swimming for two seasons. After that two years, I wouldn't get in their pool. I told you, I have an eighteen foot round, rusted out above ground swimming pool in the background.
Speaker 2: Look out.
Speaker 1: The Ryans were rich. My dad's like, it's a twenty five foot shark. Get in there, or I'm tearing that pool down. He said, Jaws will not fit in that pool. He said, I don't care, Dad, I'm not going swimming.
Speaker 3: Yeah, she knee.
Speaker 1: I know. I begged you to take me to Jaws. You should have never taken me. You crazy as your fault, crazy man, right, do you remember your first scary movie? I don't know that Jaws is thought of as a horror movie, but it's the scariest thing I ever saw.
Speaker 3: I'll never forget it, so that for me.
Speaker 1: And then I always talk about Salem's Lot, which there's a new version of it. That's the one with the brothers, you know, floating around, and I say, that's the one that really ruined.
Speaker 2: Me on the horror genre.
Speaker 1: I watched that when I was a kid, and I don't I must have been around ten or eleven. It was made for TV, and I was like, I'm checking out on this genre of movies, and that's it. I didn't see the Jason's, the Freddy's, the Nothing that the penny Wise, the guy in the sewer. I didn't see any of those because of that brother floating? Does you I mean that is a core memory for me. Do you know your first scary movie?
Speaker 4: We were at my aunt's house and my cousins, the older cousins, were in.
Speaker 3: The room for like the kids play room.
Speaker 1: About how old are you?
Speaker 3: I'm probably around seven or.
Speaker 1: Eight, okay, and good and good age to be watching opate content.
Speaker 4: Well, they were in there and I go in there and they get out, tests get out, And I said.
Speaker 3: No, what are you guys doing?
Speaker 1: Uh huh?
Speaker 4: And they go, we're watching a scary movie. It's too scary for you.
Speaker 3: Get out. And I said, you don't tell me what to do. You're not.
Speaker 1: My mom really doesn't sound like you. So you've really changed.
Speaker 3: So they were watching the Exorcists.
Speaker 4: And when I tell you that, I was pretending to be brave the whole time.
Speaker 1: You hated it, but you wanted to prove them wrong that you were wrong. Yeah.
Speaker 4: My mom proceeded to pick me up later that day. Night time comes, I am terrified. I cannot go to sleep. I'm crying for my grandma. My mom had to drive me in the middle of the night to my grandma's house, who I was the only person comfortable enough to be comforted by. My Grandma would get up to pee, I would get up to pee. I would go with her. I did not leave her side for probably forty eight hours.
Speaker 1: I pissed thirteen times in Jaws. Jaws is an hour and.
Speaker 2: A half long.
Speaker 1: When we got home, for some reason, my dad too Sue and then my dad. I'm sorry, my mom took Sue the day before, and then my dad took me. We come in, my dad slams the door. It's like, goddamn kid was in the bathroom the whole time. I didn't even see the movie. Every time, Dad, Dad, I got a pee. I mean that music has probably played thirteen times. Dad, I got a pee. Dad, We gotta go, We gotta go, We gotta go. Yeah, I got up. I told him he had to take me pee. I was five. I remember it terrified again, core memory. Five years old. I remember, what do you remember your first scary movie?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 1: He was and about how old you are?
Speaker 3: He was probably two thousand. It was like early two thousands.
Speaker 7: But my friends Mike and Mitch had the Blair Witch and they told me, like we thought it was a real movie. Yeah, they found this and it was like their stepdad's movie and which we watched that and like, this is crazy. The terrify the I thought that really happened to people. So for like the underground just believed it.
Speaker 1: The under round gorilla marketing a blair Witch project will never be duplicated, right, it will never happen again. The internet was pretty new. This is a home movie, bro, and everyone thought it was real.
Speaker 7: That's how they pitched it to me. Dude, this guy had he saw a ghost, Like there's no way, there's no real ghosts, but it was. And we watched it and we're like, what the hell was that?
Speaker 1: But we knew it was coming, like, what is this blair Witch thing? Oh my god, this is gonna be the craziest thing ever. And I remember for months people talking about it in the infancy of the internet, what is this blair Witch thing? If you weren't talking about it, you're just like, dude, do you even live on this planet?
Speaker 9: Bro?
Speaker 3: It was like a home video footage movie.
Speaker 1: But nobody had answers. Nobody really knew what it was. But it was just so unbelievably. We didn't use the term viral, but it was so crazy viral before it was ever talked about. Chili. Do you remember your first scary movie? Oh, he's probably you're probably plating up all of our treats. Yeah, you're got to put together a full charcuterie board. Dude, just bring it in which you got you eat it right out of the bag. I'm gonna give you all my bills. That's all you gain. What do you remember your first scary movie?
Speaker 2: And how old you were?
Speaker 13: I thought he might have been The Exercise. Yeah, and that was like seven eight.
Speaker 1: That's a hell of a movie for people to see for the first time. My mom my mom went to go see it in the theaters by herself. It isn't crazy. She knew better. She didn't take any kids of that one. I remember her story. She smuggled in a peach okay, probably wrapped in foil in first.
Speaker 3: So she wouldn't have to spend money.
Speaker 2: Shade half of it.
Speaker 1: I was it.
Speaker 2: She couldn't finish it, dude.
Speaker 1: Am my cousin peach.
Speaker 3: My cousins were like laughing.
Speaker 4: You know, because there's pea soup and it's like a girl scary hand character hair like ha ha ha, and I'm like, ha ha ha, yeah, scary, so scary.
Speaker 1: She like, could we get this would be a fun thing on Facebook later and then maybe we could even review it tomorrow. Can you make one of those things like, hey, what was your first scary movie that you saw and how old were you? I'm too scared to do it. I would love to see people because you know, it's gonna represent people of all ages. Yeah, you know, it's like, you know, I imagine that people saw Freddy, you know, for the first time, Nightmare on Elm Street. That's somebody's That's gotta be somebody's first. All those movies have to be first for people that are listening.
Speaker 3: To any sharp's the Haunted Mansion. Oh my gosh, that's really what spooked me out.
Speaker 1: All right, guys, a chance that's some alternative income. Good luck?
Speaker 2: Ninety four or five of the bus Welcome.
Speaker 1: Back rod Ryan Show. Got Monster Jam tickets for you coming up. That's not until another show. We got plenty of time before we get there, but four pack of tickets with pit passes to Monster Jam October nineteenth, Energy Stadium with all those brand new superhero trucks, and then.
Speaker 11: What is it?
Speaker 2: Sparkle smash.
Speaker 1: It's like this rainbowie unicorny thing that I cannot believe that it took them this long to come up with that. Yeah, London is so excited about seeing that truck. So we'll have some tickets for you coming up. I know the show.
Speaker 15: Kid's Flicks online.
Speaker 1: Four five? Okay, what you got?
Speaker 9: Today's aol is called crayon Town. What crayon Town? Crayons, crown Town. Working on that in my old age to to pronounce crayons.
Speaker 7: So you will be able to draw or color with crowns with anyone online, with a bunch of strangers.
Speaker 3: Online right now, coloring with nine other random people. Hectic, Well it is.
Speaker 7: And then also a lot of people have My idea is well just coloring with everybody else.
Speaker 3: I'm obvious he to draw.
Speaker 7: Yeah I did, and then B and B turns out I wasn't the only one. So then then they changed the page and you can you can refresh the page, and then you just start everybody over again, and then everybody dress the same kind of stuff. So go check it out and kill some time today. It's like, was it spaghetti warehouse where you just got to draw on the tablecloth.
Speaker 1: It might have been the only thing I remember is that every every spaghetti warehouse always claimed to be haunted in every city, and it was just it's a thing.
Speaker 3: Because ghost loves spaghetti. Guess by go check it out. Crayon Town at the World Time Ryan Show, com Crean's.
Speaker 1: Spam, Wishing You and Yours happies on the Apocalypse.
Speaker 15: The Ron Ryan Show on ninety four five The Bus.
Speaker 1: Ninety four five The Bus, It's Nirvana in all apologies, Rob Ryan's Show eight. Did Chili brand us treats?
Speaker 4: No, unless Chili's name is roy E F, Because roy E F he's delivered to us.
Speaker 1: Roy sent me some sort of an email like with a receipt. I didn't know what he was talking about. Did he send us treats?
Speaker 3: Yeah, look he brought us Shipley's.
Speaker 4: He got us gross and chocolate, doughnuts and doughnut holes.
Speaker 3: Not Chili. Chili cannot have these.
Speaker 1: We put that in the cameras with Chili. Can see that Chili knows what treats look like.
Speaker 3: Chili opened the box.
Speaker 1: I don't know if Chili knows what a treat looks like.
Speaker 3: The guys. It's shut out.
Speaker 1: English is his second language, so treats might not translate to he's American chili.
Speaker 2: These are treats in here.
Speaker 1: No, that's food. A treat is like candy.
Speaker 3: Like candy corn, like you ate yesterday.
Speaker 13: Yeah, y'all have candy corn right there in the studio. So that's why I didn't buy.
Speaker 1: We need a treat. We have to save it for the next couple of weeks for the chili brown game. I can't eat those. Everybody is for some reason. Radio Wizard was walking in here and he starts eating. I'm like, bronch, like a parent. I'm like, get out of there. Those are for the game. I was like, dude, as many as you want, as many as you want. Bro, all right, chili, welcome back. How was it out there today? It was crazy? It was fun.
Speaker 2: You guys miscounted again.
Speaker 1: I saw no one. The guy in the hoodie says he was one hundred. Now he was one hundred and one. What happened.
Speaker 20: What it happened was there was two girls in line, and Marvin counted them both, but they were together.
Speaker 13: So the lady was like, oh no, I don't need one. She's already taken me. So then that's how he ended up getting one hundred and one.
Speaker 1: Oh that's a lucky son of a bitch right there. Yes he was.
Speaker 13: So I've got video, Actually, I do have video of him finding out that he's one hundred, one hundredth person and he's getting tickets.
Speaker 1: That's all right. I was gonna post it on social media.
Speaker 13: But since you said that, uh, I didn't bring your treats or anything, then I shouldn't have to post it.
Speaker 1: Then well, I mean, well, then let's get to the bottom of this. I said you didn't bring us treats? Yeah, did I lie?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 1: Okay, So then I was I was just throwing truth bombs out on the air. A credit card, yeah, car you get waiting for that g if. I if you think that at any point a good idea includes handing Chili your credit card and him leaving campus.
Speaker 3: Gave him all of these tickets to.
Speaker 1: Right there, that hurts. Okay, he's coming back with cubans and I don't mean justsic gars, he's coming back with cubans and sandwiches. All right, Well, we have Roy to thank for the treats.
Speaker 3: Roy f You're a gem.
Speaker 13: Thank you Tessa, your sponsored by a ship, pleasa, you don't never bring us ship please?
Speaker 4: And Roy, I literally have video of me bringing me bringing you ship please.
Speaker 3: Shut So I did it, so.
Speaker 1: I have so I have it up on links and guests, and I was so disappointed. I thought this was a really really cool idea until Tessa in Houston's Headlines said that there's only going to be ten Spirit Halloween stores that are going to morph into Christmas pop up stores. Everybody knows what Spirit Halloween is, of course, okay, they kind of. They move into like vacant store runts all across the country every fall. Usually it's old bookstores, you know, Barnes and Nobles really didn't work out very well. Books a million, remember them? Bam bam. That was their ticker on the on the stock market. Books a million business with that, bam bam. I don't think is in business anymore, at least the brick and mortar isn't. I mean Amazon took out all that bam what yeah, brick and mortar. So these Spirit Halloween stores that pop up everywhere. Somebody had the brilliant idea, and I'm not being sarcastic, A brilliant idea to morph those into Christmas stores. You've already you're already paying for the rent. And normally they pack up and they're out of there. They are out of there November first. Okay, It's crazy how quickly they can pack up and get out.
Speaker 3: Have you ever been to one on Halloween?
Speaker 1: Never been to a Spirit on a Halloween.
Speaker 3: No, it's just naked. There's nothing there.
Speaker 7: It's just been absolutely likes through like it's open, but like all the crap's gone, like when they run out of stock there in order.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they gotta time it out, yeah, because then you know, you're you're you're dealing with last year's you know, you gotta hold you gotta store that stuff, and you gotta deal with all that you want to sell it.
Speaker 3: Even on Halloween, to just get the hell out of our stuff.
Speaker 1: There will be ten Spirit Christmas shops opening up in early November, and they're gonna stay open obviously through the holiday season.
Speaker 2: New Jersey's getting the first one.
Speaker 1: Looks like up in Connecticut, New York, Massachusetts, Pennsylvania. Why are we not getting one? There's Santa Claus. There's gonna be a giant, winking Santa Claus. They've already got this. Okay, real Santa on a schedule, so the kids can tell them what they want. All the holiday decors, apparel, inflatables, gift stocking, suffers, life stize, gingerbread village that you can stroll through.
Speaker 3: That sounds lovely.
Speaker 1: Oh hang on, I get it. You go in there, you get a deal on a place that closed down, and you sell Halloween stuff, you morph it into Christmas. Now you're open from when do Spirit Halloweens open? September? Yeah, okay, so now you're going September to January. If you could, just if you could, and then if you if you added in the firework to the place that you sold fireworks. But that's not but that Northeast, they're not. They're illegal. There's not another holiday you can't have, like Spirit Easter, you can't right spirit Spirit Spirit Valan January and they just don't sell alcoholic spirit. Martin Luther King Junior Day.
Speaker 3: Could you did you sell.
Speaker 1: MLK posters and the speeches?
Speaker 7: The speech speech? I don't think braved on different kinds of like metals.
Speaker 1: Okay, okay, I'm just trying. I'm trying to get a deal year round.
Speaker 7: You'd have a bus outside of the MLKA thing, and you would not get on that bus.
Speaker 1: Starting it starting January. Give me two days to turn the place around starting January. Second, pickle ball courts. You do pickle ball up until you do Spirit Halloween and Spirit Christmas. And then now you got that place for the year packed.
Speaker 3: I think the whole thing is to not pay rent for most of the year. But now that you already are, it's a business.
Speaker 1: But if you're if your banking just for the last quarter, if you're getting it, get out, you get in and you get out, you move, your job, you stick, you move. Are we missing a holiday? Labor Day? Can you do a Spirit Labor Days?
Speaker 3: People's Day?
Speaker 21: Oh?
Speaker 7: Yeahs steaks uh.
Speaker 3: Election Day? You have have audition.
Speaker 5: I got it.
Speaker 1: Everyone in the country is gonna want it. You could at least milk it for a whole month. Spirit San Jacento Day. You know they're gonna want to celebrate that in the Northeast.
Speaker 3: You shouldn't say the ideas on the radio. Someone's what about his spirit polling location? It's important to get out and vote. Why don't they just open it up for the polls?
Speaker 1: And it does seem like those NonStop elections. Now, I feel like elections used to be every four years. I know there's mid terms, but I feel like every month Tuesday. Do you Okay? That's great.
Speaker 3: I don't know what I'm voting for, but I'm voting for stuff.
Speaker 1: Sorry, they're not coming to us here, but I think it's gonna work.
Speaker 2: And I bet you are. We're going to change our tune.
Speaker 1: Next year we'll be talking about Supirit Christmas stores here in Texas.
Speaker 10: The Rod Ryan Show celebrating twenty years, ninety four or five, The Buzz.
Speaker 15: The really.
Speaker 1: Ninety four or five, The Buzz, Good Morning, rod Ryan's shown thirty eight.
Speaker 3: What do you think Romon I Ella is up to right now on the road again? Is he alive?
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 3: I'm not even.
Speaker 1: I'm not even what is is it a is it a TV show? What is Ramon?
Speaker 3: Is a singer Donald uh huh? Oh from Coco still alive, seventy al still going strong.
Speaker 7: Not from Coco, He's from uh Monterey Wave Leon.
Speaker 1: Oh. Well, there was a beloved singer in Coco that passed away. That's what I was wondering. He was like a ghost and he was still singing, but then he stole all the Yeah, stole all the songs from Coco's Grandpa. Yeah, I know the story of Coco, the ghosts. The guy that became famous stole the song. This is a Disney Pixar movie. I don't know which one.
Speaker 7: It is.
Speaker 1: Great Coco. It's funny when you watch these there are some that are just okay, not that great.
Speaker 3: What's the worst?
Speaker 1: The Disney and the Pixar stuff moving forward, they're all pretty good. I mean they're they're well written, and they do put some things in there that kids won't understand that, you know, parents will kind of appreciate that. The worst comes to the other shows, like Coco Melon. When your kids starts watching Coco Melon, that's the worst because everything is sung. Everything is sung to, like Twinkle Twinkle, Little Star. It's like, you know, time to go outside, and everything is song. It's the worst.
Speaker 2: And then Blippy. My kid had a Blippy.
Speaker 4: Like a moment for she was in her Blippy era about six months.
Speaker 1: There was a lot of Blippy going on and I could not stand that idiot on the TV. I couldn't. Yeah, the Disney stuff is all good.
Speaker 3: All we got right now is dance and fruit. Just go to YouTube.
Speaker 7: It's just a bunch of fruit with like techno music, and she'll just stare at that.
Speaker 1: That's awesome. How old is your kid now?
Speaker 3: Four months?
Speaker 4: Why did you say it like that question four on the fifteen four months?
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's awesome.
Speaker 3: So I just crowned up. She's four months.
Speaker 1: Are you doing anything like a monthly weekly type of picture to show her growth? Are you doing like sometimes you know, parents will do that for the first year when I.
Speaker 3: Get the mat and you're like this month, this month. Yeah, but we didn't do that.
Speaker 7: We did somebody gave her a really cool like sweater that she'll probably able to wear, and she's like one or so, just as an e on it, and so every month we just put her in that sweater and she's progressively fitting into it.
Speaker 1: Yeah. A friend of mine bought me like a little chair that said London on it, and we just you know a couple first couple of months. You know, they're just gelatinous things. Yeah, so you just like throw her around the chair and take a picture. So we so that was kind of cool. We did that every month. The best one I saw was pizza. I saw one piece of pizza. You see the pizza one and then finally it was a year and it was a full pie.
Speaker 3: And I had a good friend that was doing that with his kid.
Speaker 1: I was like, I can't coffee.
Speaker 2: Oh, somebody's doing the pizza.
Speaker 3: How are you doing that? I was liketo thing even though saw somewhere else too.
Speaker 1: What are you giving away to know the show over there?
Speaker 4: I have a pair of well actually a four pack of tickets with pit passes from Monster Jam.
Speaker 3: I know price.
Speaker 7: See super Sparkles out there, Sparkle Smash.
Speaker 3: My Bad Ill like here about the rod Ryan.
Speaker 1: Rod Ryan Show, Monster Jam Truck, Sparkle Smash, Amazing Spider Man, iron Man, Black Panther, and thor These are all debuting, uh here in Texas at our show, at our show, and then again it's the Houston premiere of the all new Sparkle Smash, Monster Jam Truck. All right, four pack with pitt We'll be down in the pits. You can come over and say hello and get the pictures and all that stuff. We'll have a question for you on the Flip.
Speaker 10: Houston's Rock Houston's Alternative All Day and The Rock Ryan Morning Show ninety five.
Speaker 1: Buzz ninety four five The Buzz, Good Morning, rod Ryan Show.
Speaker 2: It's time for another show.
Speaker 1: Let's do it.
Speaker 21: La la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la.
Speaker 1: Okay for a four pack of tickets with pit passes to Monster Jam, October nineteenth, NRG Stadium.
Speaker 2: Listen carefully.
Speaker 1: What's your question?
Speaker 3: Okay?
Speaker 4: Someone tell me who could not They were in the Academy parking lot for the tickets this morning, but they could not exit. They couldn't get the tickets. Tell me why, Tell me why this is a mean question. No, this, to me was the best story of the day because it just proved the dedication of some people.
Speaker 3: And she just wanted to watch, just wanted to see what was going on.
Speaker 1: Okay. So not Richie, Okay, No, not Richie. This isn't Richie.
Speaker 3: No, this isn't Richie.
Speaker 1: So ask your question again so that I know that and everybody knows it's not Richie.
Speaker 3: Who pulled up to witness the ticket giveaway. They couldn't get off.
Speaker 1: The via their vehicle.
Speaker 3: They could not leave their vehicle.
Speaker 4: Tell me who it was and why they couldn't leave their vehicle, and I will give you the Monster tairportback.
Speaker 1: I don't think we said a name.
Speaker 3: No, there wasn't a name, but there's a situation. And if you know, and if you were listening to the show, you know it.
Speaker 1: Seven Hey Alexa play ninety four point five The Buzz on iHeartRadio, getting ninety four point five the bus station from iHeartRadio.
Speaker 15: The Ron Ryan Show on ninety four five, The Buzz.
Speaker 1: Ninety four five, The Buzz.
Speaker 2: That's Rise against Savior.
Speaker 1: Rod Ryan Show on a Wednesday, which started out as a Wildcard Wednesday, then it was where yeah, Chili Wednesday, and then I went back to Wildcard Wednesday. Now we're onto the show. All right, sunny skies, timber cent, chance of rain high around ninety.
Speaker 2: It was nice this morning.
Speaker 1: Man, we were hovering in the lower sixties this morning. I guess that's our cold fronties now BT know.
Speaker 15: This show on ninety four to five.
Speaker 21: La La la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la.
Speaker 1: Good morning, Rod Ryan Show. Who's on the phone. Hello, did you hi?
Speaker 12: Hell?
Speaker 18: Barry?
Speaker 2: Hey Barry? How are you today?
Speaker 1: Doing pretty good? How are you'll great? Thank you for asking Barry let's see if we can get you in the monster jam Tesla.
Speaker 4: What's your question, Barry, tell me who pulled up at the ticket giveaway.
Speaker 3: This morning and witnessed the whole thing.
Speaker 16: The bus driver that couldn't get out of the bus because you might get fired.
Speaker 1: Yeah, she just she showed her just to watch Chili in action, which, believe me, I've seen it before. I sometimes I stop myself and I realized, Rod, you're staring. I just watched Chili do us at work, and that's what she.
Speaker 15: Wanted to do.
Speaker 1: She wanted to see Chili in the wild doing his thing. She emailed. Right after Chili got done talking to us on the air Facebook Live, he said, look at this dude, there's a school bus just scouting us out. He couldn't see from there if there were kids on the bus. It wasn't short. It was right after that that she sent me a picture. She said, Hey, I'm in the school bus. I'm just watching. I want to be there so bad. I'm thinking of leaving my post, but I'm not because I'll be fired. Another school bus driver said Rod, same, I was thinking of taking the kids on a field trip today to go get tickets, so yeah. Shout out to all of our bus drivers out there. They're already in their buses and they're like, I can't take part in this. Well, you can all come out and join me. There's no bus parking over at Little Woodrow's, but hopefully you're on your free time. You can come out and see me tomorrow.
Speaker 2: Please don't bury up, Barry.
Speaker 4: I'm gonna give you a four packag ticket some monster jam. This comes with Pitt Passes at NRG October nineteenth.
Speaker 3: Congratulations, jud all right, thank you, You'll have a good day. Thank you Berry.
Speaker 1: All right. Former fresh fish Josh he beat fresh Nate this morning. Nate a Nate had played before. Oh didn't really do much. It's Nate not so great. It's not so great, Nate great, Actually not so great, Nate. Moving forward, Sorry Nate, But Josh is gonna go who was truly a fresh fish? He won. He's gonna go for win number two tomorrow, Fresh out of bed head to head challenge we play every morning, get six to twenty. Thank you chilling man of the people. He's out there. We tried to answer a few questions. I've asked for an FAQ thing to put together. I guess you can bring chairs now to the rod Ryan Show twentieth anniversary party. You can bring like fold up chairs. You're not gonna get them close to the stage though. There's there's an area where it's like chairs stop right here. But it might be worth it. Man, you're out there for a long time. There's gonna be food trucks out there. It's gonna be a limited menu in the pizza joint, so there will be some food out there that you can purchase.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 1: Wildcard Wednesday, Carrie hundred was the number one link Today Carrie was the number one wild Card Wednesday was number two. Throw Back Thursday Tomorrow read my lips, Alex takes on Tessa. It'll be fixed to Graham. Thursday. We'll have another pair of tickets for you for the rod Ryan Show twenty t anniversary party up next NonStop nooner. Jeremy has to pick your tickets, not anniversary show tickets, but he's got great tickets for you. You can give you a choice to pick those. In the one o'clock hour golf tournament, we do need some more sponsors. I got one guy that emailed me had a question. Maybe we can turn it into something. But yeah, there's some sponsorship opportunities that I would love to get you involved with with the golf tournament. I know we're focused on this party, but Testa's on Houston Life today at one o'clock. That's it. That's it, guys. Tomorrow I'll talk about it even more, but she'lly created an event page on our Facebook page eight o one Saint Emmanuel tomorrow night, I'm bringing fifty pair of tickets with me to the Little Woodrows in Ito with Rosie playing live. That's your next, big big that's your next and last big opportunity to get in on tickets. Have an awesome Wednesday, everybody, amf.
Speaker 15: Well, wasn't that fun?
Speaker 12: If you missed any of the show today, all the good stuff will be podcast. Check it out on the world famous Ron Ryan showpage at the buzz dot com