Speaker 1: This night side with Dan Ray on WBZ Constance new video.
Speaker 2: Just following up on the story that we're dealing with. We intended to do a very different show tonight, but unfortunately the events in New Orleans have kind of overtaken us, and we are talking about the terror attack that took place at about three point fifteen local time in New Orleans this morning while most of us were asleep. I'm sure by this point all of you have begun to get onto the story. But now I'm looking at some of the New York papers, specifically the New York Post. First of all, they show the house where this guy lived in Houston, and apparently he was living in a trailer park. He was in big trouble financially. He had started some sort of a real estate company in twenty twenty one, which had gone belly up, been through a couple of divorces. According to the Post, individual who we have now it's we have come to know him by the name samshud Din Jabbar Us that hasen served in the US military. A lot of pictures of him in US Military of Army uniforms. He he apparently lived in a squalid area of Houston in an area where I guess next to his home or sheep and goats. It did look very upscale, So this guy was obviously down and out. He made some videos, according to the New York Post, confessing to a plan. He did have an ISIS flag off the back of the truck as it plowed down Bourbon Street. Clearly he had been radicalized.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 2: The FBI now, according to the Post, is ruling out the involvement of three men in one woman who allegedly have been seen perhaps depositing some form of IEDs planting IEDs around New Orleans near the terror attack. As I mentioned earlier, that could be obviously a set of circumstances where somebody, again at three point thirty of the morning, is a little overtaken by the revelie of the evening and they decide to leave a package or something, and obviously you always assume the worst. But the FBI now is ruling out the involvement of them, although they are still saying that maybe others involved. So there is a lot to cover. If you'd like to join the conversation. We had a really interesting caller last hour with John from Acton, who talked about this rental car site, which I was unaware of. I'm sure some of you are unaware of it. I'm sure many of you are aware of it. It's called Toro. And apparently this truck that was used as the murder weapon, and apparently, by the way, this ISIS flag was flying off the back of his truck. And the first video that I saw, the first photograph, it was covered by a jacket. So I'm assuming that some well meaning civilians saw the ISIS flag after the shootout and he was dead in the ground, they probably covered up that flag. But yeah, he had the audacity to fly the ISIS flag. And then the question is how many others are in our midst This is an American citizen, he says, an American as you and I. Shamshood Din Jabbar served a dozen years in the US military, deployed to Afghanistan. Let's get back to the calls. We'll continue for this for a little while. We had planned a very different program tonight, and for those of you who are expecting to talk about New Year's resolutions, we may get to that. We may get to thoughts about Jimmy Carter, the oldest living president, who passed earlier this week at the age of one hundred. And also this horrific malaise that I've been fighting speaking Jimmy Carter, upper respiratory illness, bronchitis. Let's get back to Patrick in Washington, d C. Patrick, thanks for holding through the news. Go right ahead, all right.
Speaker 4: So here's here's something else that's also interesting because we have we can think here on your radio program. That's one of the great things about myself.
Speaker 2: It is allowed, Patrick, it is allowed to actually encourage Go right ahead.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 4: One hundred and eighty miles down south of Washington, d C. The FBI on December seventeenth raided a house where they had one hundred and fifty bombs and all sorts of ammunitions. The FBI is saying this is the largest weapons catch in their history that they have won.
Speaker 2: Now, that is a story that I did not see. Did it get much national publicity?
Speaker 5: Pat BBC.
Speaker 4: December seventeenth, It was the store, was the arrest, and it's a day old.
Speaker 2: It's a day old, right, No, I didn't see this. Look, I did not watch every newscast during my time off. But did this if it is the largest cash of weapons ever discovered by the FBI. Did it get not get a little publicity or national publicity? National? I never saw that story.
Speaker 4: Here's here's the quote, preliminary assessed as the largest seizure by a number of finished explosive devices in FBI history.
Speaker 2: Okay, I got that, But my question is maybe you kind of answer it. I don't remember recall seeing that. I watched news periodically. I didn't watch it as I watch it when I'm working. To be honest with.
Speaker 4: You, Okay, well, there's something that you know, it's big and not everybody carries everything with the BBC, you know runs so.
Speaker 2: So what you're saying it was on the BBC, right, it was on the British broad BBC, But I didn't I got to be honest with you. Maybe some others have seen that. Did they have any sort of idea as to who these people were who were collecting such such an arsenal.
Speaker 4: A man and his wife who lived there with his two children.
Speaker 2: And here you go, right, a man and his wife who just liked to collect weaponry, but did not were they associated with any given any.
Speaker 4: He has he has a hashtag that no lives, madam. Is that that's any indication? But anyway, we're going a little bit too off the we're getting a little well, anyway, this was well you brought it.
Speaker 2: You brought it up, which is okay, and I find it intriguing brought it up. So but but but that's okay.
Speaker 4: This is my neighbor where you say you see something, say something. Well, this is where a neighbor said you saw something, and he said something, and so in the FBI goes in, it says, oh what are you doing? And yeah, they had some really dangerous chemicals there that could explode very easy. They had a bunch of fifty caliber firearms.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm looking at it right here. I'm looking at a report out of a local television station, Local twelve, which is w k RC, which I believe is in Newport News, Virginia. So the guy's name is Brad. Spafford was arrested on December seventeenth after the police found him with an unregistered weapon. Authorities that obtained a search one for his property. They found a stockpilot more than one hundred and fifty homemade improvised explosive devices IEDs, assessed as pipe bombs. Some of these devices were marked lethal. Some of the devices were found in a detached garage, where the FBI also found tools in manufacturing materials, including homelind fuses and pieces of PVC pipe. Several additional apparent UH pipe bombs were found in a backpack in the home's bedroom. NBC reported the backpack had No Lives Matter written on it, which, according to the New Jersey Office of Homeland Security, is an extremist group who promotes mass killings and other crimes. NBC They're they're quoting NBC here. Uh So, a local judge released this guy with electronic monitoring, but he'll remain in custody until a hearing with a federal judge takes place. Interesting, interesting story, Patrick, that you brought to our attention, which was certainly cause cause for concern.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Joy, because they're just like just what our friend brought up about this this ride, this car share thing that is really a scary liability for all of us.
Speaker 2: Have you ever heard of to ro No, No.
Speaker 4: I have not, but I can imagine that there is such a thing, and that's very dangerous. And the insurance regulators and the state legislators have to put this down because you know, we can stop that if we hold one of these owners responsible for a deed that somebody uses with their vehicle.
Speaker 2: Well, I don't know that you can do that unless you can prove that the owner of the vehicle was told or was complicit in it. I mean, if if it's legal, I mean, if I can put an ad somewhere and say, gee, I have an extra car in my garage that I'm not using because my kid's away at college, and if you want to rent the car from me, here's my name and number. I mean, I don't know that that's illegal.
Speaker 4: If I use your vehicle go through a red light camera or a puto enforcement speed, you're responsible for that ticket, not me.
Speaker 2: Uh, I know, but I'm going to pay the ticket and then I'm going to try to get the money back from you. But at the same time, if you take that vehicle and you use it in a manner, it'd be very reasonable for me to assume that my friend Patrick might occasionally go through a red light or not fully stop at a stop sign. But I don't think that it's reasonable for me to assume that my men Matt Patrick, when to say you're gonna wrint my vehicle? Are you going to drive this down Bourbon Street and kill fifteen people. I mean, there's a different level of responsibility there.
Speaker 4: My friend, something to think about, something that they all right, go on to the next and we will see what happens in the next few days.
Speaker 2: It's going to be fascinating to see with this story. You know, it started off this morning they said classic law lone wolf, that was what they were saying. And then as the day went on, they said, well, may have been other people involved, and his ed Davis told us in the last hour they're still looking at other potential connections here. Boy, the more I look at this, if you look at the New York Post stories about where this guy was living in a real rim shackle uh trailer park with goats sheep. Now again I realize it's Texas, it's not Massachusetts, but that's proof.
Speaker 4: I'd be in hell, Billy Bless Bliss. I wouldn't need to go out and kill anybody. I would have all my chickens and all my ducks and everybody that.
Speaker 2: Means sheep and goats, you know, have the run of this Rundown trailer park where he kept sheeping goats in the yard shamps champsu Dingjibar Patrick has always Thank you much, my friend. You brought an interesting story to the to the conversation tonight. Thank you much.
Speaker 5: All right, thank you, sir.
Speaker 2: Keep an eye on that for us, will yeah, okay, thanks, talk to you soon. We'll take quick break six one seven, two five four to ten thirty six seven, nine thirty. I'd like to get your reaction to what went on in New Orleans about eighteen hours ago. I mean, as always, the sad part about these stories is just to think, eighteen hours ago or less, these fifteen people were either preparing to go out and celebrate New Year's Eve in New Orleans, or or they were already out celebrating New Year's Eve in New Orleans, and little did they know that a few hours later they would be killed by a terrorist lone wolf otherwise, who decided to drive this truck that was rented through this interesting website, this interesting app Touro t u ro, which I had never heard of. If you have loved, give, give, share, share information, We're coming back on night side six one seven two thirty, six seven ninety I got some wide open lines here, fill them up back after.
Speaker 1: This Now back to Dan Ray Live from the Window World Nightside Studios on WBZ News.
Speaker 2: Radio, we're talking about what happened in New Orleans. Let's go to Steven Bridgewater. Steve, You're next night Side. Welcome and happy New Year, Steve.
Speaker 5: Yeah, Dan, happy to you. I hope you enjoyed your time off.
Speaker 2: I did. Happy to be back, nonetheless, and just sorry to start off with the year with such a down and we had sort of a different show planned. If people are not interested in talking about this, we can move back to some of the lighter topics. But go right ahead, Steve, what's your thoughts?
Speaker 5: Yeah. I turned the news on this morning, like I always do on Fox News, and I hear this thing. I said, Oh, nice way to stop the year off. Huh yeah, yeah, unbelievable, And I just got a question about it. They said that he had some remote in the truck and they found all these bombs all over the place. They start with eyes, the same ones they did have blown up our soldiers in Iraq? What do they call them? They that with an.
Speaker 2: Ideas, I improvised, exposed the devices, I eds.
Speaker 5: Right, and they found a remote in the truck. Do you think the idea was he was going to explode them, but he got killed them to shootout first, because.
Speaker 2: I would assume, I would assume. So now again, I don't know, will never know, We'll never know. I'm sure the authorities can figure that out. What we were told earlier today was that the FBI were looking at some unknown individuals who were seen putting things in the neighborhood of where this all happened. And Davis, who we spoke with at eight o five tonight, said that you've got to be a little careful on that because sometimes, again, it's three o'clock in the morning in New Orleans on Bourbon Street and everybody's probably feeling a little happy and loose, and there could be people who were, you know, putting things, putting a beer can down on the sidewalk, and from a you know, I think, if I recall correctly, alcohol consumption is allowed on Bourbon Street, I could see people walking and then putting a container down on a sidewalk, and from some security camp, you know, one hundred feet away, might look like a pretty suspicious activity. Uh. But apparently, according to the New York Post tonight, the New York Post is reporting uh that uh that this, uh that that is no longer. They do not they're not looking at at at local people, uh, you know, in the New Orleans area. So yeah, that's what the post. FBI rules out involvement of three men one woman allegedly seen planting I e eds around New Orleans near attack. Feds have ruled out the ISIS flag flying terrorists who killed that the that the ice IS flag flying terrorists who killed at least fifteen people and injured dozens of others had help from four people spotted on surveillance footage near the deadly attack On Wednesday, Video silverivance from the French Quarter seemingly showed three men and one woman planting explosives at multiple locations, a federal alert to police departments around the country said soon after the tragic attack. Federal authorities have since ruled out their involvement in the attack, but still suggested that terror suspect shamsu Din Jabbar was not solely responsible for the carnage.
Speaker 4: Right, they'll never know.
Speaker 5: They might never know.
Speaker 2: Well, they should eventually know, because even though this guy's dead, I'm sure he left some sort of an electronic trail. I think he had a phone, even if it was a burner phone. They can probably get some information off of that. Maybe he was a loner who pulled us off by himself to some extent. If that were true, it would probably come some concerns. But if there are other people who are working with him on it, who are they? Where did they go? I mean this guy, This guy served in the army for over ten years. He came out with a rank of staff sergeant. He tried to start some sort of a real estate business, which apparently didn't work, and his life spiral downward. He's now forty two years He was forty two years old, divorced twice, in bankruptcy, living in a trailer park in a Rundown section of Houston.
Speaker 5: Yeah, but he was not, you know, he was not an illegally immigrants. He was born in this country.
Speaker 2: That's what I understand. He served in the US military for ten years or ten plus years, was deployed to Afghanistan. Remember the major Major Nadal Hassan, the guy at Fort Hood who gunned down I think it was thirteen US service personnel back in two thousand and nine. He's still on federal death row. By the way, he did not get a pardon from President Biden. So I would suspect that shortly after Donald Trump becomes president, if his appeals have run out, his life can be probably measured in a matter of hours rather than weeks, or days rather than weeks.
Speaker 5: I should say, yeah, yeah, all right, Dan, Thanks.
Speaker 2: Appreciate your call. Thank you much, take a break. Six one seven, two, five, four, ten thirty, triple eight nine to nine ten thirty and six one seven, nine three one ten thirty. I hope that my audience realizes I'm back tonight. Look, if you don't want to talk about this topic, which I can understand, we can move on to the to the other topics that we had promoted tonight. Uh, if you'd like to continue to talk about what happened in New Orleans, And again, what happened in New Orleans happened just eighteen hours ago. Those fifteen people were as a lie as you and I are right now eighteen hours ago. Little did they know that they only had a brief period of time in which to live. Uh, this is a horrible way to start the new year. But if you want to talk about it. Six one seven, two, five, four ten thirty, six one seven, nine three one ten thirty feel free to call in, and if not, I'm going to move on to a different topic back on night Side right after this.
Speaker 1: If you're on night Side with Dan Ray on wz Boston's news radio.
Speaker 6: It's just interesting that people go out to celebrate New Year's Eve and little do they know that their their time is so limited.
Speaker 2: Just horrific. Lola joins us from San Diego, Lolla, welcome, happy, Sorry starting this topic.
Speaker 3: Yeah, well it's not. I don't even know way to begin to explain my discussed and disappointment with this country. This guy's been amassing all this stuff, and how did he get it all together? Nobody, you know, every there's a camera on every corner. They're watching what we say on Facebook, Instagram, and they can't figure this out.
Speaker 2: I think it's a great point you make. According to according to The New York Post, I love that paper.
Speaker 5: I love that paper.
Speaker 2: Made videos where he confessed to planning murder his family. He claimed he joined Isis now. I haven't seen the videos, but if the New York Post can figure them out now Again, I don't know that they figured him out ahead of time. They must have gone to his Facebook page, but is no one else seeing what people are putting up. I mean.
Speaker 3: They are watching. I have friends that are in the health industry and they get their their pages get shut down because they're talking about you know, natural ways to stay healthy instead of getting the jab. Okay, now A I A I. Anybody saying the word blue, they search it. Boom this guy, that guy, that guy. They could put words in the search and do it. They're just not doing it. You know what just reminded me of the marathon bombers.
Speaker 7: Well, we talked last how that happened.
Speaker 2: We talked, we talked last hour with former police Commissioner At Davis, who of course was in charge of the marathon bombing investigation. And as you may know, I'm sure you know because you follow this pretty closely. FBI agents interviewed the two brothers before the bombing, before the bombing, and I gotta believe that if the FBI wanted to go after you or me, they.
Speaker 3: Could find something.
Speaker 2: You know, Harvey Silberbley has written the book Three Felonies a Day. I just I mean, did this guy never disclose to anyone what he was thinking? Now you could say, Okay, this guy's insane. Let's assume you say he's insane, he's lost his mind. But I assumed that this guy must have told other people. Yeah, you know, I feel like doing this. We had a guy up in Maine, the guy up in Maine a couple of years ago who killed I don't know what was fifteen or sixteen people at two locations of Bowling Alley and elsewhere. He had been interviewed. He was also a former military guy who loved his weapons, and he he was interviewed and and and he was allowed to keep his weapons and it costs fifteen sixteen whatever then ever people were in main. I don't know if you remember that story.
Speaker 1: It's a huge story back here, Lola, Yep.
Speaker 3: Yeah. But they can search anything, That's what I'm trying to tell you. On Facebook and Instagram. If you start talking like health stuff, oh your page goes down.
Speaker 2: Well put that aside for a second. If that's true, and I suspect it is, why are they not searching for ISIS and attacked?
Speaker 3: I want and what I want to know.
Speaker 2: There's got to be twenty keywords that these folks could go through. And anyone who's watching ISIS videos, Uh, I think they deserve it. They deserve at this point, a visit from from the.
Speaker 7: FBI, well they deserve someone will.
Speaker 2: Say, well, what's your Probably someone the ACOU is going to say to me, what's your probable cause you're just looking at it at ISIS videos. Have you ever looked at an ISIS video? I have no, No, I have no interest in it. Now if look, if I was a counter terrorism expert and I had to because of my job watch ISIS videos, if the FBI came knocking at the door and said, what are you doing looking at the ISIS videos? I could easily say, look, that's part of my job. I work for you know, the FBI, just like you. But if I'm some Joe schmuck who's looking at it's like someone who's looking at child pornography.
Speaker 3: Yeah yeah, yeah, they can yeah, and they're not doing a good job about that either.
Speaker 2: But right, but I'm saying I'm more concerned about that as opposed to somebody who's talking about holistic medicine or or you know, different type of medical meda teddy medications that might be more effective than.
Speaker 3: My point was. My point about that was if they can find people looking about that, why can't they find them about looking about any other code words, you know, like come on, come on.
Speaker 2: I mean, I would think if they they should have been looking like the kid in Wisconsin who took a shot at President elect Trump in Butler, Pennsylvania. Not Wisconsin, Butler, Pennsylvania. This kid, the age of twenty, all of a sudden decides to buy a weapon and uh and take a shot that nearly kills a presidential candidate who now is the president elect. And that was who this kid was ahead of time.
Speaker 3: Well, that Luigi kid. There were flags all over the place, and his own mother, his own mother said to the FBI or whoever went knocking on her door, Oh yeah, that could have been my that could have been my son. Well, you know, could have, should have, would have. But here's the thing. At the end of the day, there's more more dead people, more dead Americans. When are we gonna wake up? We're our own worst enemy. Oh, we don't want to be filmed. We don't want this, We don't want that. As much as I disliked China and I don't want to buy any thing from there, I don't see the problems there going on over there like they're going on over here.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And I don't want to live in a police state either.
Speaker 3: But I don't.
Speaker 2: But with as you said, with Ai and with all of the Internet that we have, if people are looking at kiddy porn sites, that there needs to be you need to go check these people out, okay. And if people are looking at terrorist sites, you need to check them out. I guess what if people are looking at ku Klux Klan sites. I mean, there should be a much more, in my opinion, affirmative action taken by investigative agencies to find the people, the male contents among us, who who have the potential, the Dylan Roofs of the world, who killed the the black parishioners in South Carolina, all of those people they show signs. Lola, I got a screw. Great to hear your voice.
Speaker 7: We talk, happy new midhand.
Speaker 3: We'll talk all right.
Speaker 2: Let me go to Laurie in Idaho. Laurie, welcome, How are you tonight? Welcome?
Speaker 7: Welcome back. I am yeah, I was busy in the kitchen.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 7: Not the best way to start the new year is that. I believe my first Texas morning was something like five thirty my time. But to someone on the East coast, it's about it was just a capital WTF. And I get back from the other side of New Orleans. I'm like, yeah, yeah, I don't know.
Speaker 2: You know, we were all on the alert here in Boston, and maybe because of the marathon bombing. We'll always be on alert, but it seemed like the city was fairly buttoned up. They had great first night celebrations in Boston. I was asleep by eleven thirty, so I missed it all. Woke up this morning and I thought, well, it was a pretty quiet evening and all of a sudden, I'm hearing ten people dead in New Orleans. And of course as the day went on, I said, I got to talk about this tonight.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I agree, it's yeah.
Speaker 2: Not what I you to talk about. But I think Lola raised a great question. With all of the the apparatus that we have available, how come that that this guy can stay below the radar?
Speaker 7: Well, the only well, I'm obviously our government, I'm sure has the ability to scan the dark web too, But part of it is in the dark web because there's a lot of convolution and being able to hide on it. But I can't believe that our government doesn't have the ability to also scan it. But yes, and I felt the same as she said. I felt the same thing about the man who shot the excuse me, the United Health Cookers guy in New York. You have known if he was talking to somebody, if there's something else going on, because you know, they can't help themselves. They get involved in all these weird social online group and so there has to be a way to track that. She's absolutely right.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and I and I realized that that we live in the freest society in the world, which is great, but there comes a point in time. I mean there I keep saying, there are fifteen people dead tonight in New Orleans who eight eighteen hours ago or well now maybe seventeen hours ago, uh no, yeah, whatever the number were here. Yeah, you know that at this time last night, they were enjoying the world. They're enjoying it. Well, I know they probably had tickets to the Sugar Bowl game, were they probably had a great dinner. They were out with some drinks with some friends, and in an instant, yeah, it's over.
Speaker 7: Yeah, And it's kind of interesting that New Orleans. What someone else who called said, you know that the I think some a little bit. I don't like the FED stepping on everybody's toes. But maybe get all these large cities on the same wavelength as far as why weren't those barriers in place for this kind of event and they just put cruisers there. But see, I just I think people think, people think kindly of human being and human behavior, and it just doesn't cur to you that some idiot is going to come do this. And unfortunately, I think that's the world we're in now.
Speaker 2: You look at work all, look at all of the events that we've that I can think of in the last few, uh in a couple of years where people were plowed down, either intentionally or by accident on sidewalks. And apparently this this truck didn't slam into the police car at that at the head of Bourbon Street. He just swung around it and uh and drove down the sidewalk.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Then apparently they had had a place on Bourbon Street. They had a place I guess what they call ballards b O L L A r d s Those either cement or steel structures. Look, we had we had an event here in Massachusetts a couple of years ago where some guy in a parking lot drove his car into a big Yeah, and and they they said, well, why weren't there. Look if you look at the Massachusetts State House, go look at a picture they have them in front of the state House. You know, well, I guess they could probably try to smash through them, but they're not coming.
Speaker 7: You know, their insurance company's not gonna pay for their car.
Speaker 2: I wouldn't think so. I would think so. But I just think the idea of why. The question I would like to ask people right now is do you want the government to be a little more invasive of people who are frequenting as you I've never been in the dark web. I would know how to get in the dark web. But what I'm saying is if if you if you're some weirdo who's who's on kiddy porn sites? Uh, you know, I don't think that. I think that the there's probable cause there that that if if all of a sudden they realize, Okay, this guy's on kiddy porn sites, let's let's go talk to him, let's find out what's going on. And that's that's a you know, and I know that some people say to me, well, most people who are in kidty point sites would never attack a child I don't care. I don't care, you know, but if you're okay, you know what said, if your frequency ices sights, what are you doing that for?
Speaker 3: Ye?
Speaker 7: What said? He served in Afghanisa, Afghanistan. Do you suppose that something triggered over there that he thought, oh well I can go get you know.
Speaker 2: Very possible. Yeah, and he might have. Well, it could be that maybe over there there were conversations that he overheard our US troops saying that he felt was disrespectful. Who knows, We'll never know his mind at this point. But I've got to tell you we should. We should get deep into every site that he was on. Let's figure out who else is on these sites.
Speaker 7: I have to Yeah, no privacy, no, obviously this stuff. I mean, if you're gonna do anything untoward, then you're gonna be exposed. It's like, just like if you do anything untoward in public, it should be the same thing on the internet as far as I'm concerned.
Speaker 8: But oh sure, Yeah, you walk down the street buck naked in in the you know, boss the street in Boston, that's going to cause that's going to cause some some uh some reaction.
Speaker 2: And I just think the same thing. I just think that we know that these people get radicalized on ISO sites. He's got an icest flag. Okay, sorry, why can't we kill those sites? I mean, is it impossible.
Speaker 7: That's a tough one. But yeah, but but at least monitor them and you know exactly then to go knock on their door someday.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, I mean, I don't know if people are on some sort of ku klux claim sites. I want to know who those are those people are as well. Yeah, Laurie, we're in agreement as always. Hey, Happy New Year.
Speaker 7: Thanks, Happy New Year to you too. I'm sorry. Were you sick the whole time?
Speaker 2: Pretty much? Well not, I mean I had a I'll talk about it, if not tonight later later this week. They sent me for chest X right to make sure I didn't have pneumonia. I was sick. I was pretty sick for three or four five So I'm coming much better, much better. One not one day for sixteen hours, I'll tell you that.
Speaker 5: Wow. Night, that was.
Speaker 2: Thanks Laurie.
Speaker 7: Talk to you soon, all right, goodnight, welcome back, Happy New York.
Speaker 2: Thanks much. Okay, take very quick break, we will. I'll take a couple more calls of this. I will switch topics at ten, because I think that no one either wants to talk about this or feels that there's much they can add to the conversation. Six one seven thirty if you want to try, or six one seven nine thirty coming back right after the break here at night Side.
Speaker 1: Now back to Dan Way live from the window World to night Sight Studios. I'm WBZ New Radio.
Speaker 2: Okay, back to college. We all y's go to ron Is in Newton. Ron welcome back, How are you wrong? Welcome, Happy New Year?
Speaker 5: Hi again happening You're welcome back. Really glad to have you back. Job anyway, have you ever thought about the timeline that led up to nine to eleven, nineteen ninety three when ronson usef Ye come back to.
Speaker 2: Take down with the bombing there in the in the garage, yep.
Speaker 5: Okay boy, And that was the beginnings. He escaped. He later went to They caught him in in the Philippines at one point making he and some other individuals making bombs. Mohammad the person who flew Flight eleven into Tower one, he was an architect. He was he was trained in Cairo than Germany.
Speaker 2: Smart guy.
Speaker 5: And they hambered the four in the Hamburg, Germany, so for a while, and then they came over to Florida and they had extensive flight lessons. In fact, they had much more than the forty hours usually necessary for doing this alf they had one hundred ninety hours.
Speaker 2: And then but then there were there were reports back on those guys. They didn't want to learn how to take the take off or land. They just wanted to know how to playing with the up of the air And there was an FBI agent, a woman out of then Minneapolis office, who tried to get the word up the chain of command and it never got up there.
Speaker 5: Well there was yeah, that supposedly they were siloed. The CIA and FBI worked more siloed than they than they are now. I mean, hopefully they advanced I think they have. But you know, along that timeline, subsequently the bombings and Somalia outside the US and the site and then following that the uh that's right. And even before that, Ronja Yusuf was involved with a what they call the Badjinka plot, where they were going to actually the plan was to fly twelve airliners into different points of the viewers, in fact, with the hope of hitting some nucleosytes and even all the way up till August of two thousand and one. These guys were pretty active. And the second so the Terran that flew into the tower, he was Uh, he was he was trained in engineering. He understood that the stress points of the buildings. They took field trips into New York City. Uh and uh it was. I don't know if she's ever seen or heard some of the Yosama bin Laden training manual.
Speaker 2: Yeah, no, you know all of that, and so sore, where are you taking me? I I'm familiar with everything you've said.
Speaker 5: My point is, yeah, My point is that everybody's been talking about what the FBI may be watching in this country, but a lot of that can easily be orchestrated outside of the country. That's my point.
Speaker 2: No, but you know what I'm saying, But right no one can be and you and and I think we've done a pretty good job protecting the terrorist attacks. Since were the Boston bombers, they were they were, they came here and we're in the process of becoming American citizens. This guy was an American citizen. Nadal Hassan the major in the military at Fort Hood. He was an American citizen. He was in the US military. Now we have homegrown this guy apparently was born here in Texas. There was some ONUS reports earlier today about how he got here. But this guy apparently was a US citizen born in Texas.
Speaker 5: Yeah. Well, one of the hijackers too had been in the military and in a counter terrorism division, so he knew how to make bombs. He knew all of that.
Speaker 2: One of the hijackers, one of the nineteen hijackers.
Speaker 5: Yep, oh I was.
Speaker 2: I'm unfamiliar with that.
Speaker 5: I'll get it to tomorrow. But anyway, my my point, I guess in general is that some of this stuff, like the stuff that was going on in the Philippines for the you know they how closely do they monitor it there or can they.
Speaker 2: Well I don't know the cooperation with other countries, the Philippines that has had their own problems with you know, homegrown terrorists there. Ron So I mean, I I'm just trying to put my arms around something we can do, and that is we should be able to monitor the is of sites and if somebody's going to the ISI sites. Look, if there's some college professors doing research, that's fine, But if all of a sudden you go into some guys room, you're knocking the door, he opens the door, there's three iceis flags there. Now you got somebody you at least can begin to keep an eye on him. Hey, Ron, I am up against my break, so I got to let you go. But thanks so much for checking in. Okay, we will talk soon many times this year. Thanks thanks Ron. All Right, those in the line stay there. If you'd like to continue to talk about this, you have the number six one, seven, two, five, four ten thirty six one seven, nine three one ten thirty. Sandra and Carver will get to you for sure. Anyone else would like to talk on this subject. If not, we're going to move to a different topic. I think it's extremely important. I hope you would as well. I know it's kind of a downer on January first, but I don't think we have a choice. We've done two hours. I'm willing to talk more, or we can switch. Coming back on night side