Speaker 1: It's Nice Eyes Undoingrazy Boston's News Radio.
Speaker 2: All Right, it's the twentieth hour of the week, and let's have a little bit of fun here tonight. We'll get I got a couple of ideas and I want to give you really a couple of choices here. First of all, let me just tell you that we've had an interesting week. A lot of it was dominated, as I'm sure you know by the conversations about that chat line that got out and the signal app that we talked with Hiawatha Bray about last night. And we spent I think six hours tonight talking about the attack on the hoodies and the signal app and all of that. And we'll have to see how that works out. Next week. I'm sure going to be a lot of these legal decisions that facing the Trump administration will be decided. We had a week in which we were talked about a variety of seff and I'm just going to hit a couple of the highlights of the week.
Speaker 3: For me.
Speaker 2: The best hour of the week, I thought, was with Joe Konetsky, the woman who's the American woman living in Kabul. That will be our best of Nightside on Sunday night at eleven o'clock over the weekend. Again, would commend to all of you if you missed any of our hours this week, and we had some really good ones. Dave Cash, former EPA regional director on Wednesday night was an excellent guest. Last night we talked with Kelly Shrug Shug talking about body imaging. We talked with Abbie Foster tonight about retail from the Retail Advancement Energy League. That was one that I thought people should have been more interested in. The last hour with doctor Patrick Porter about brain health and sleep health. Really interesting. And of course any of our nights this week enduring the eight o'clock hour, we talked with a variety of interesting guests. One I'd like to point out specifically I thought it was great this week was Past Boone, the singer. He's ninety years old, but he's still trying to do good things for other people around the world, talking about digging wells to get water to people in Tanzania. So a wide variety of topics is always on night side. And one of the things I noticed this week which we never talked about, and I'm going to give you an opportunity here I'm going to give you a double opportunity. I don't know if you saw, but Rosie O'Donnell has left America. I'm sure many of you probably are traumatized. But I think there was also an article that said that Richard gear the actor, is moving to France. I just want to make sure that I haven't mixed Gear up with someone else. But again, he seems to be disappointed, upset with how things are going in America. And I can't understand that depending upon who you are and whether or not you have the funds to move somewhere else, you can do that. Maybe it's Spain, but that's that was what was he? Yeah, it said this. I guess it was out of People magazine. Richard gear Uh, the former Sexiest Man Alive, sold his new Canaan, Connecticut home in October, and apparently he's thinking of moving to Spain. I guess I don't know. I know that there are a lot of people who have said that they would like to leave. He says that he's loving his new life in Spain. Yeah, there's an article of the New York Post. So we've lost Richard gear which is, you know, fine. I guess he can come back any time he would like. So I just want to have some fun with it here. And here's what I want to do. I want to ask you two questions. Two questions. What America would you like to see leave the country?
Speaker 4: You know?
Speaker 2: Uh? And it could be anybody. I mean, some of you might say Donald Trump, I don't care, and some of you might think of other people who have threatened to leave and have never left. Uh. And then the other question is, if you had all the money that you needed, what country would you choose to live in. I'm not talking about where you might want to go in vacation. I'm talking about if you really we're going to leave America, where would you go? And if you're going to tell me that you want to stay in America, that's okay too. So uh, let's just light it up here. Six one, seven, two, five, four, ten thirty. If there is a celebrity that you would like to invite to leave the country, let's hear it whoever that might be. Again, we've I guess you could celebrate Rosie o'donnald leaving, or you could find someone else, uh, maybe others who you'd like to see leave. And my question is where would you if you had all the money, could you ever get to the point that you would want to leave the country. All of you have lived through presidential elections. I don't care if you're a Democrat or Republican. I'm sure that at some point, or a liberal or conservative at some point. I'm sure there's probably nobody in this audience who has voted for every president during their adult lifetime who was elected. And by that I mean if you vote. I'm sure there are some people voted for Barack Obama and Donald Trump. I get that. I'm sure there are people some people who voted for Jimmy Carter and Ronald Reagan. I get that. But overall, if you look back and you think about who you voted for for president, or who you voted for for senator, or who you voted for Congress, you probably have voted for some winning candidates and some losing candidates. But have you ever got to the point, at any point in your life that you would leave the United States? Now, maybe you'd want to leave the United States, because frankly, there's something else. It doesn't have to be a presidential election. So if you would really, with sufficient money, be able to relocate somewhere where would it be? Number one? And then number two? With everybody sort of threatening that. You know there were some people have threatened to leave. But I think of Rosie o'donald who did go to Ireland. God bless her, good luck Ireland. And Richard gear who I once had dinner with, believe it or not, and he was a nice guy. I didn't realize he was that political. So with that said, let's get it going. Gonna started right off with Andrew and Rockland. Andrew, you were quick on the on the phone to dial, so you get to be up first tonight and you can set the pad first.
Speaker 5: Andrew, two questions.
Speaker 2: I'm doing great. You get the first question that you can take them in any order. The question is where would you live? And one answer could be the good old us of A That probably would be my choice, but I don't want to influence people. And who would you like to see leave the country? I got a few that I'd like to I'm gonna come up with one before the end of the night, but I don't want to influence people. So give me your answers to those questions.
Speaker 5: I would never leave in the United States. No, matter who was president. This is country I was born and raised in and I'm not a child. I'll deal with whoever is in office and see what they can do, and hopefully whoever is in office does best buy all right by the United States. And Robert Danira's got my vote. He can leave anytime.
Speaker 2: That's a great vote. That is really a good vote because Daniro. I don't know if Daniro has ever threatened to leave, but I'd love to say. Robert Leaf, I mean I think he hasn't. He hasn't added much to the to the level of political conversation over time. Yeah, right, I he doesn't have.
Speaker 5: Much People people threatening to leave the United States because they're not getting their way with who's president, how the country is running. That's what America is all about. You're gonna vote to change it and deal with the consequences and not act like a child. Take you toways and go home. And who cares what celebrities think anyway, they're they're no better than any one of us. Uh, So go ahead, leave Sila.
Speaker 2: You got it. Robert de Niro, that's a good one. Andrew, he plays this sort of tough guy.
Speaker 6: Uh.
Speaker 2: And I used to like de Niro in the movies, but I'm not fit. I love it. That's a strong, strong vote.
Speaker 5: People can I'd like to watch your I'd like to watch your movies and watch your sports and go to your concerts. I don't care what your political opinion is.
Speaker 2: Absolutely he couldn't agree with you more, couldn't agree with you more. Andrew, thank you. That was a great one to get us going. Appreciate the call. That was a strong start. Thank you very much. Okay, guys, you gotta stick Guys and gals, you gotta stick up. Stick with Andrew here again. If you could move it, and there may be some people out there would say, hey, look, if I had all the money in the world, I would love to live in wherever New Zealand Australia. That's okay. But who would you like to see leave? And obviously please don't don't tell me your your uncle Harry, because we don't know uncle Harry. But as long as it's a public figure, who would it be? Six one, seven, two, five, four ten thirty six one seven, nine, three one ten thirty Get in the spirit of the night, everybody. We'll be back on nightside, coming back after this.
Speaker 1: It's Night Side with Dan Boston's news radio.
Speaker 2: All Right, I'm having a tough time coming up with someone who I would really like to see, but I'm going I will figure it out before midnight. I promise. Let's go to We're gonna go next. Let me go to Florence, Florence. You were next on Nightside. If you could live anywhere Florence, where would it be?
Speaker 6: Okay? I love it here. I was born here and here on my years. But if I had to go somewhere else or wanted to, it would be either Switzerland or France, two other countries that I like.
Speaker 2: Who would you like to see? Who would you like to see leave follow through on their threat? Or who would you could just pick what.
Speaker 6: You want, Dan, I started laughing when you started out and you said, oh, yes, somebody might say Trump. I was thinking of him the second you said it, and I cracked up.
Speaker 2: Locked ahead.
Speaker 6: We got to struggle through four years of agony.
Speaker 2: I mean, you got he's the only two months in, so you got, you got forty six months left to go, you got, you got about four percent gone? So would it be Trump? Is that the person you like to see leave?
Speaker 1: Yep?
Speaker 2: Okay? I got, we got one vote from Donald Trump.
Speaker 6: I'd like to see him with his big eagle fly over the White House and go somewhere else.
Speaker 2: Okay, all right, well, I mean maybe he'd go to Greenland.
Speaker 6: Yeah, he really hung up with that place.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you know, I don't know that's a he's talking about talking about Greenland a lot. I originally thought he was thinking about Canada, but I think Greenland is really the focus of his attention. The Vice president and his wife is up there today, and I don't think they got a particularly warm reception in Greenland. I wouldn't expect it anyway. It's a very cold country.
Speaker 6: And my favorite pass president has been Obama. I loved Obama.
Speaker 2: Well, I would think that if you loved Obama, you're probably not thrilled about Donald Trump. And if you love Trump, you're probably not thrilled about Obama. But guess what, we'll we'll we'll survive both of them. In my in my, in my humble opinion, Florence, you have a great weekend, okay, my guy, Okay, well you have a great weekend, and we'll talk next week you too. So you've got one vote for Roberts Niro and vote for Donald Trump. We're gonna go next. Oh, let me see who Glenn thinks. Glenn, welcome back? How are you?
Speaker 3: I love these topics because I would love Anthony Founci to leave the country. I don't care where we got an orange jumpsuit for crimes against humanity, But I'll fiddle for if that's the ported somewhere.
Speaker 2: That that's one, you know, that's funny. That's one that I think some other people might agree with you on in terms of the aggravation. So where would you if you could go anywhere?
Speaker 7: You know?
Speaker 2: Or so you want to go somewhere else and money was not a factor? Is there anywhere else that you would want to live other than here? Or no?
Speaker 3: Holland because they're very libertarian, you know. Okay, that's prostitutions, legal drugs, you know, yeah.
Speaker 2: Okay, Holland and doctor Fauci's.
Speaker 3: I love how I love their women, the Dutch women they turned me on. I love them.
Speaker 2: I always get Netherlands in Holland and all of that mixed up, you know, it's it's it's it's tough to you know, Netherlands and debt. Well, you got Denmark, Holland and Neverlans. I think Holland and the Netherlands are the same, aren't they not.
Speaker 3: I don't know. I'm like you. I just know how Howland prostitutions legal, and so.
Speaker 2: It's also legal. I think in some parts of Las Vegas you don't have to go to Holland for that.
Speaker 3: I know, but it's only it's probably more expensive in Las Vegas. Judging by my conversations with Morgan White Junior, he knows a lot about Las Vegas.
Speaker 2: Oh, he's he is, he's your he is your expert on that.
Speaker 3: Let me see on the opposite of foreign from Grooving poetically the difference.
Speaker 2: Here we go the news Netherlands in Holland, Hollands was now a province and it's economic and cultural domison within the kingdom meant that Holland became a commonly used word for the entire realm at that time. Belgium. Oh, this is going to get too difficult here.
Speaker 7: Uh.
Speaker 2: The Netherlands is the country in northwestern Europe with overseas territories in the Caribbean. It is the target is the largest of the four constituent countries of the Kingdom of the Netherlands. The Netherlands. This is just going to confuse me.
Speaker 3: I am meek.
Speaker 2: It consists of what has it got here? Uh? The county it's and it says it's Dutch. I gotta figure It's gonna take me a little time to figure this out. But yeah, someone has to tell me. Is Holland the same as the Netherlands?
Speaker 3: Oh? I know, Amsterdam is the city I said called it right here.
Speaker 2: The Netherlands informally Holland. So yeah, it is the same, it says the Netherlands informally. Informally, Holland is a country in northwestern Europe with overseas territories. It's the largest of the four constituent countries in the Kingdom of the Netherlands. The Netherlands consists of twelve provinces. It borders Germany in the east and Belgium in the south where the North Sea coast line to the north. Yeah, so Holland is the Netherlands. Okay, we we just solved an incredible when you think about it, an incredible geographic problem that probably has confused people for years.
Speaker 3: Do I win a coffee?
Speaker 8: Kidding?
Speaker 2: No, come on, you win one someday. Okay, thanks Glenning Dodgy later.
Speaker 3: All right, I have a good weekend.
Speaker 2: I have a great weekend. Okay, looking forward to seeing near the twenty seventh.
Speaker 8: Thank you?
Speaker 3: Yes, I know, yeah, I mean all right sometime.
Speaker 2: All right, good ect. Let's keep rolling here. We're going to go next to where were going to go here? Okay, let's go to Larry. Larry, you were next on night side. Larry, who would you like to see leave the country voluntarily? We're not talking about deporting anybody. This is a deportation free zone. Okay.
Speaker 9: Well, Elizabeth Warren made the news today because she wants to pull investigation on that Turkish student that was taking into custody. Yes, so I would like Elizabeth Warren to leave. Because when Jill was trapped in Afghanistan and couldn't get out, I called Elizabeth Warren's office. This is back in twenty sixteen, and I said, please call, went to voicemail and I said, if you don't call within twenty four wow, I was my daughter. Jill Cornetsky could possibly be dead. Never got a call back from her.
Speaker 2: She's very concerned about her constituents.
Speaker 9: Absolutely, yep, yep.
Speaker 2: And those who do not know Jill, ye, Jill was our guest on one of our guests on well, our guest on Tuesday night at nine o'clock and by the way, that hour will be best of night side this Sunday night at eleven.
Speaker 8: So yes, she was here.
Speaker 9: We had you know, she came over to our house and had dinner tonight and she told me that she's actually going to be speaking in front of the Hobby Club at the Kennedy Museum in Hyenas. Yeah, she's making the rounds here.
Speaker 3: Yep.
Speaker 2: Well, she was very very impressive thea the night, Larry.
Speaker 9: I know, and you've done so much or I can't thank you. So the place that I will live for the rest of my life I will never leave is hype Cod.
Speaker 2: So we're gonna put you down, USA, because that is clearly part of Cape Cod.
Speaker 8: Uh.
Speaker 9: By the way, they don't take if they take the bridges down, we're going to succeed and become our own country.
Speaker 2: Well that could be yeah, yeah, no, they're not going to take them all down. But boy, it looks like it's gonna be there, gonna be are I Now, I'm so glad that Glenn raised the question of Holland or the Netherlands Holland the Neands. Did you know that before that?
Speaker 9: No, No, I'm always confused in that area.
Speaker 2: It really is. So you have Denmark, which is a different country, and Denmark has Copenhagen and Amsterdam. Where's Amsterdam? It's Amsterdam in the Netherlands, snow.
Speaker 9: I don't know, you know, I.
Speaker 2: Think that Denmark has Amsterdam and Copenhagen.
Speaker 9: Dan if it's on the other side of the bathroom of a bridge or the Sagamore Bridge. All right, great topic, alright, appreciate Lar.
Speaker 2: Have a great one. Good night. Who's up next? Matt?
Speaker 3: Matt?
Speaker 2: Welcome, Matt, how are you hey?
Speaker 10: Then?
Speaker 11: All right, I'm two points.
Speaker 12: One.
Speaker 11: I wanted to answer who needs to go?
Speaker 9: Where I would go?
Speaker 11: And then I want to make a point about the Holland. That a little difference. All right, if I were to go anywhere, I'll never announce my citizenship here, but it would be the Israel because I haven't partural right citizenship.
Speaker 2: You would still stay here, Okay, I mean, okay, but.
Speaker 11: They're half a year, yeah, something like that. Who needs to go is every person that says they want to go. Anybody who wants to go is more than welcome. To leave an exhibit door. I followed through on their promise that they did and got some publicity.
Speaker 2: For anyone specifically, anyone specifically that.
Speaker 11: You go will be Goldberg. She's been a real great UH supporter in this country for a long time. Okay, that's sarcastically.
Speaker 2: Okay, yep, I hear you out.
Speaker 11: Okay, but Roman Polanski thing, make sure he never comes back. I'll put that one there.
Speaker 2: I don't think he's coming back.
Speaker 11: No, he's not coming back, and unless go to jail.
Speaker 2: I just figured out Amsterdam is not in Denmark. Copenhagens in Denmark. Amsterdam is the capital and largest city in the Kingdom of the Netherlands, which is Holland.
Speaker 11: So where I have somebody who knows this, who's standing right next to me, and he wants to make that point. If I can pass the right toul him.
Speaker 2: Okay, we don't do the point, make an exception for you, go right answer Who's who is this person was gonna speak with Hullo.
Speaker 13: I just wanted to clarify, Yes, Holland is two provinces. There's a north in the south, and there are two out of twelve provinces of the country of the Netherlands.
Speaker 2: So then Holland is not a country. Holland is part of the Netherlands.
Speaker 13: Correct specifically, okay.
Speaker 2: So let me ask you this so so, just so I understand it when we talk about Holland, there are two provinces of the nation of the country of the Netherlands. Well, thank you for that clarification, the Netherlands and then Amsterdam. Uh is the capital of the Netherlands or the capital.
Speaker 13: Of the Capital of the Netherlands, the.
Speaker 2: Capital of the Netherlands, okay, in Copenhagen is Denmark. Okay, thank you very much. Do you have you had over there that you knew that just like a geography major.
Speaker 13: No, I just my brother lived in Holland for a couple of years. He traveled abroad and studied, tried learning Dutch. So I just wanted to clear that up.
Speaker 2: Well, thank you very much. What's your first name, Benny? Benny, Nice to meet you, Benny. Thank you very much. Matt's a regular college and.
Speaker 13: Not a regular call her at all. But think I'm thinking you for your time.
Speaker 2: Thank you very much for your information. All right, say good night to med for us. All right, good, all right, thanks, all right.
Speaker 3: Thank you.
Speaker 2: Matt'll be back right after the news break at the bottom of the hour, I got I got a couple of lines here, but I got Peg, I got Harriet, and I got Ian coming up, which is great. Ladies are going to take over for a little while. And then one line at six one seven two four thirty and one line at six one seven nine thirty. If you could, if you could live anywhere in the world, and we all live in the USA here, unless you're listening somewhere out of somewhere else. I have my friend Neil down at Panama who calls in every once in a while. I know he's he likes living in Panama. But if you had to live for me, it's the US of A. I still haven't figured out who I would like to show the door to. There's been some good suggestions here, I mean, uh Robertson, Airo, Donald Trump, doctor Fauci, Senator Warren and Whoop Goldberg. Your choice. You can sound off coming back on Nightside right after this.
Speaker 1: It's Night Side with Boston's news Radio.
Speaker 2: All right, well, thank you very much, let's keep rolling. I have my choices. Okay, I had my choices if I ever had to leave the country. I'm going to.
Speaker 14: Ireland, okay, because I have i Irish citizenship. I was born here, an American citizen here. But I would stay here. I mean it would take a lot to have me leave the country. But the person that I would like to see that I would show the door to. And this is all a personal beef. Okay, none other than former Vice President Dick Cheney. And I'll tell you why. He was thinking about.
Speaker 2: Running for president in nineteen ninety six and he showed up in New Hampshire at some sort of an event and we were trying to set up an interview with him, and he was a total jerk. I mean, just a total jerk. And remember he's the guy that shot one of his his uh. He was hunting with a guy in Texas and he ended up shooting this poor guy was hunting with him. Uh. And he was the Left hated him when he was Darth Vader and he was Bush's vice president. Seems just like a guy that scowls doesn't have a sense of humor. I would be more than happy to show him the door. And particularly since he's a woman vice president and declined to do an interview with me as a TV reporter. So I guess it's a little personal. And of course now the conservatives hate him as well. I mean he's somehow he's alienated everybody. Vice President Dick Cheney. That's my choice. Let me see what you're gonna say. Here we go, keep rolling, here, gonna go to Who's up next?
Speaker 3: Ian?
Speaker 2: In San Antonio? Ian? Where would you go if it wasn't gonna be America? Or would it be America? And who who would you like to show the door too?
Speaker 9: Hi?
Speaker 10: Dan, I would like to show the door to Maxine Waters.
Speaker 2: Oh, that's a lovely choice.
Speaker 10: I love the de Niro choice as well. That was good. And I have lived outside the country for long periods of time and loved it because you don't miss the news culture or the pop culture.
Speaker 2: Where did you live with Did you live in one place or more than one places?
Speaker 3: Mostly?
Speaker 10: Yeah? Bothly in Germany and years. I would go to Switzerland. That's where I would choose, Switzerland.
Speaker 2: You and Florence would be there. She she wants to throw Trump out? You want to throw Maxine Waters out? It'd be an interesting flame flight for you if you and Florence were on the same flight.
Speaker 10: Yeah, yeah, Well, my husband and I were seriously speaking about it during by the administration going back to Europe. But you know, you can have best the best of both worlds, and you know, six months here, six months there.
Speaker 2: Well that's true too. Yeah. Well, you know, sometimes once I'm through with my my career in media, I hope I'll be able to travel a little bit more freely. I've traveled quite a bit. I traveled quite a bit as a TV reporter working, and I've traveled a little bit with some tours that we've done with listeners Alaska and a couple of river cruises, one of the Rhine, one of the Danube, one to last summer Ireland the fall before that. So I've been around. But yeah, there's parts of the world. I'm still hoping to be able to pull a trip together to go to take listeners to Russia, to Saint Petersburg and Moscow, but we'll have to see. If I don't think we're going to do that right away, well, things have to settled down a little bit.
Speaker 8: Okay, Okay, thanks Ed, bad guy all.
Speaker 2: I gotta keep rolling here. The ladies are in charge for the at least for the moment. PEG is in New Hampshire. Hi, Peg, how are you?
Speaker 8: I'm good, bean, how are you?
Speaker 2: I'm doing just great. Where would you live if you had the Well, first of all, would you ever want to leave the country.
Speaker 8: I'm not leaving my country.
Speaker 7: Good just putting that out there.
Speaker 2: Good for you.
Speaker 4: Yeah, not leaving my country. I love to visit some other countries. Yeah, I'm not leaving my country. This is gonna sound so petty. I don't like being petty.
Speaker 2: That's okay. I love being petty. I'm kind of being petty with Dick Cheney wouldn't do an interview with me in ninety six.
Speaker 4: And by the way, and I thought about his hunting accident quote unquote.
Speaker 2: Well, I'm not sure if it was in an accident, if he wanted to plug the guy, I don't know. He was a nasty guy.
Speaker 4: I forgot about that until you were mentioning it.
Speaker 2: I was like, oh, yeah, I mean they were making fun of Tim Wallas because he couldn't load a gun, which was fine. I enjoyed watching Walls struggle with a gun. But what, Yeah, Cheney shot the guy.
Speaker 15: I shot all about that.
Speaker 2: I'm not going hunting with him. Go ahead, No, who do you want to show the door to Nancy clo Oh boy, Nancy, she had a tough she's.
Speaker 4: So old, you know. I mean, that's where it's really petty. If this was twenty years ago, I want him deal with petty.
Speaker 2: She's a sprightly eighty five. Come on, she's got another thirty years left. Don't you think.
Speaker 4: I don't like her at all at all?
Speaker 8: She's charming, she's something.
Speaker 4: Maybe her and mister Janey can get together and have a chat.
Speaker 2: Oh, I think I think that would be lovely. I think that would be like the snake in the mongoose, who you root for? All right, thanks so much, Beg, I love it. Good suggestions. You have a good night, you too, have a great weekend. Harriet is in Tewkesbury, Harriet, we have three ladies in a row. Here, go aheadhead, Harriet.
Speaker 4: High I'd like to I'd like to have the squad leave for Reba and along without me. The Bernie could join them.
Speaker 2: Well, you make Bernie a temporary member of the squad. I like that. So, so where would you if you had to leave? Is there anywhere you want to live other than the us of a?
Speaker 4: Well, if I really had to leave, I guess I would go to Israel.
Speaker 2: Israel, Okay, yes, yes, well hopefully you never have to leave. But we'll shift the squad somewhere. We'll shipt the squad and.
Speaker 4: Bernie good thank you, thank you.
Speaker 2: Well we got we got the squad, Bernie Pelosi and Senator Warren. That's quite a crew at Confidet Naxian Waters. Okay, but I got I have Cheney in there, and Florence has uh has Trump. So we have a current president and a former vice president. I was never a fan of Cheney, and particularly after he didn't want to do an interview with ninety six.
Speaker 8: Was you know, come out.
Speaker 2: Yeah, everybody any presidents of cant president Scanny goes to him to has to do an interview. It's like a written rule of life.
Speaker 7: Thanks Harriet, thank you, good night.
Speaker 2: Okay, let's keep rolld Hi, We're gonna take We're gonna get a lot of people in Paul is in Plymouth. Paul, you were next on Nightside. Welcome, Hi, Dan.
Speaker 7: I I would get always with Dick Cheney, and but you know he's not the only one I'd like to see Ilian Omar Oh yeah, oh.
Speaker 2: She would be great. I mean, that's an excellent choice. That is an excellent choice.
Speaker 7: Yes, yeah, well she's you know, I've been over that part of the world where she's from and it's a it's a hell hole. So she can go back there and uh, I don't know how she could come to this great country and and uh be the way she is. And the other thing is Rosie O'Donnell. As far as I'm concerned, she can go take a long walk off the cliffs of Moore.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that would be lovely. I have been at the cliffs of More and it's quite a drop. Have you ever been there?
Speaker 7: No, I've been to Ireland, but I've never been to the cliff.
Speaker 2: The cliffs will find I'll tell you something. It was windy the day we were there. We were there in September of twenty twenty three, and I'll tell you you didn't get close to the edge. They had a lot of fencing out there. If you went over, you wouldn't die from the fall, You'd probably die from starvation. It was a long fall.
Speaker 7: Really. Wow. Yeah, I've been to the White Cliffs of Dola.
Speaker 2: I've done that. Oh yeah.
Speaker 7: As far as Dick Cheney goes, one other thing he did Dan when he was vice president. He get away with cooked in the military, and and you were in the military. I was in the military. And everybody takes a turn at mess cooking somewhere along the line because it builds character. And you get away with that and put his government contractor friends in there.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you know, I feel I peel potatoes. They wouldn't let me get they would let me, wouldn't allow me near an oven, but just peel the potatoes to keep quiet, you.
Speaker 7: Know, right, Yeah, But if you know, it's teamwork, and that's what the military is all about. And that guy, uh get.
Speaker 2: I'm guessing you would stay in the US of A.
Speaker 7: Absolutely. I will stay in the US of A in the old colony.
Speaker 2: You got it, Paul, Thanks for your service. We'll talk soon. Thanks for calling it tonight.
Speaker 7: Have a great one, okay, yeah, you do, Thank you for yours.
Speaker 2: By now good night. Let me get one more in here real quickly before we got to go to break. No one's waiting long tonight, that's for sure. Dennis and Everett. I love this topic. Dennis, how are you, Dan, I'm doing great, Dennis, haven't talked to you in a few weeks.
Speaker 15: Hope all is well, yeah, I hope all is well. I mean, well, i'd go with I'd like to say Obama.
Speaker 2: We've really okay.
Speaker 8: I don't like the man, that's all.
Speaker 2: Okay, fair enough, okay, I mean you know.
Speaker 8: He's got the from to porna.
Speaker 2: Yeah, okay, so go ahead.
Speaker 15: I would never leave this country. I wouldn't leave the city that I'm in. Really, I just I'm here, that's it. But I go to Ireland because I got plenty of cousins over there.
Speaker 2: Have you been to Ireland to know? Have you ever been?
Speaker 8: Oh? Yeah, yeah, yeah, many years ago ninety two when my dad was alive.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well, you know what, I took my dad for his seventieth birthday to Ireland and it was it was an interesting trip, it really was. He had not been on an airplane since being in the military in World War Two. Oh wow, yeah, well a long time was from the end of World War Two. He was in China, Bournman, India, and he hadn't been on an airplane until he turned seventy, which was in nineteen eighty four.
Speaker 8: And I'm it over there.
Speaker 15: I mean there's a pop on every corner. We went in and I asked.
Speaker 8: Her bud Wise.
Speaker 15: They took it off the shelf. I looked at it. WHOA wow, room temperature. I guess I'm real Greg.
Speaker 2: Yeah, no, No, they're pushing Guinness, that's for sure.
Speaker 10: Denn.
Speaker 2: It's great to hear your voice. Call more often. We'll talk soon.
Speaker 8: Okay, all right, brother, have a great week.
Speaker 2: Good night you too. We'll take a quick break, coming right back on night Side. We'll get everybody in. Joe, Joel, Christine and Danielle. Only one line six, one seven nine.
Speaker 1: You're on night Side with Dan Ray on Boston's news radio.
Speaker 2: Let's keep rolling here, let's get We're gonna get everybody, and I'm gonna give it a shot, and we're gonna make it. Danielle and Worcester. Danielle, welcome back. I know you you would never leave this country.
Speaker 4: If I left, Or who do I want to leave?
Speaker 2: Oh? Well, I don't think you would ever leave. But who would you like to see last?
Speaker 4: It would take a lot to leave if the list of people that i'd like to see leave is basically all the big mouths that said they were going to leave if Trump got elected. So let's start with share and she says she was heading to Jupiter.
Speaker 2: Ah, yeah, well I wasn't you. She was going to go to Jupiter, which is lovely up there this time of year. The one who else?
Speaker 4: Reiley Cyrus, Miley Cyrus. Okay, Kaylas Swift, goodbye? How about Elon Musk's transgender daughter, Vivian Bye? Bye bye. I want to do hit you, I mean I can. The list goes on. I mean, it's ridiculous. How many people you got.
Speaker 2: To give Rosie credit? We got to give Rosie and Richard give credit?
Speaker 3: Right sure?
Speaker 2: Yeah, well they laughed, they said that leave that leave. That's I mean, you know they followed through on it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, if you're gonna leave, leave, but don't talk about it like a big shot. And then when it comes down to it, get your money where your mouth is.
Speaker 2: Put your airline ticket where your mouth is. All right, Danielle, I love it. We got a packed live here, Gonna keep rolling again. Thanks all right, Thanks you so much. Thanks good Joel and Nakay Joel, how are you tonight?
Speaker 8: I'm fine. I'm doing fine.
Speaker 2: Dan.
Speaker 8: So, I like to get rid of all the Democratic judges were blocking Trump's agendas.
Speaker 2: Oh that's interesting, Okay, that's that's a good that's a good choice. Yeah, and I assume you would stay here come heck or.
Speaker 8: High water, right, definitely, I wouldn't leave the stakes good.
Speaker 2: I was thinking about your last Saturday night. We had a lovely meal with my grandson and my wife and my daughter in law. Uh you know exactly where I had that meal. And uh, thank I want to say to thank you and to your wife. Okay, okay, thanks Joel, Thanks buddy, we'll talk soon. Okay, Okay, my name, thank you, Okay, thank you. Christine is in debt him Christine, hi a real quickly? Would you ever leave? And who would you like to see leave?
Speaker 4: I would never believe.
Speaker 12: I'd like to see Ellen.
Speaker 2: I think she didn't she actually leave?
Speaker 4: Or no?
Speaker 2: I thought hasn't you're not sure? Okay, well yeah, I think there was some question, but whether she or whether she she she hadn't she? I'm not sure. I think there's some controversy if she's left for real. But I think she's living in England now. So there's Ellen. Okay, you may have you wish.
Speaker 7: Thank you, Dan, good weekend, you.
Speaker 2: Two, Christie. Everybody's been great on this one tonight. We've been quick. Let me go next to let me go next to You're gonna get everybody in, so stay right there, Joe and Cambridge. Joe, you gotta be quick for me, buddy, go.
Speaker 8: Right ahead, Hayden absolutely, uh all the cast of characters, the Democrats that weren't mentioned down in DC, Schumer, Pelosi, all of them as usual, the ones that I've left, good buying, the Riddims, stay where you are. Who would I want to leave it?
Speaker 4: Like?
Speaker 8: Make it the tuffer. I'd like to have more Healy and Michelle.
Speaker 2: Woof, wow, that's that's a little We got a little local there, that's for sure.
Speaker 8: Yes, I wanted to get local. And would I leave now? I was naturalized for a reason. I love this country. However, if I did have a chance to move and live somewhere, I would go to my home country of Switzerland, where I was born.
Speaker 2: Oh really, really really wow. There were a couple of people tonight, Florence and uh At from San Antonio, Switzerland. I've been to Switzerland. I've not spent a lot of time there, but it's a beautiful country. I'm gonna I'm gonna get two more in under the wire. Thanks you night, have a great night. We got Mark in Cambridge. Next, Mark, you were next on nights, I got you and one more go ahead, Mark.
Speaker 12: Are you knowing?
Speaker 4: Damn?
Speaker 12: We'll make it short and simple, okay, all love the aunts Hi American people that come here and do what they're not supposed to do and get involved with this vettericor that's why I was that.
Speaker 2: We'll go back, all right, And I'm assuming you would you would never leave.
Speaker 12: No, this is my country, born and raised here at Boston City Hospital back in nineteen sixty eight. Nope, I'm good.
Speaker 8: I'm with my friend.
Speaker 2: I'm wait you. Thank you, my friend. Have a great weekend. Okay, thanks minch Bud. I've gotta wrap it up with Pete in South Carolina. Pete, welcome back right ahead. Who will it? Who would it be that you win?
Speaker 7: My friend?
Speaker 2: Hi?
Speaker 3: Pete?
Speaker 7: Look, I like his movies. But George Clooney's gotta go.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, well, George was was on sixty minutes the other night, and boy, I'll tell you, uh, he kind of stabbed Biden in the back, didn't.
Speaker 9: He He did.
Speaker 3: He did.
Speaker 7: The whole left side of the of the aisle. I just can't figure out right now, and and it just gets crazy. You're in crazier you know. I saw on one news report tonight that most of the people who buy Tesla cars are left bleaning because of clean energy.
Speaker 2: Yes, yes, yes, yes, so why destroy them? I'm with you, totally, yeah, totally you would. I assume you would stay in the USA no matter what. Right.
Speaker 7: Ah hey my Philadelfa Eagles. One where else could I go?
Speaker 2: You got it? You got to congratulations of the super Bowl. We're done for the night. Thanks Pete.
Speaker 7: You've got good when I'll get you one day next week or therefore soon.
Speaker 2: I hope, so, I hope. So, Rob, how much time we got? Forty five seconds? That's perfect. Okay, so we're about done for the night. Rob Brooks, thank you very much. Mariita, thank you very much to all the callers. We blew it up here in the eleven o'clock hour, which is always great to finish strong against me. Through the weekend. You can find us night side and demand this weekend any hour you missed. You are more than welcome to join us, and I will remind you I'm Dan Ray and I want to thank all of you for listening. We're gonna have that big nightside brunch on April twenty seventh at Naioli Restaurant. Make rear reservations and listen to me. We'll be on Facebook in about two minutes on Dan Ray Nightside on Facebook. Thanks everybody, All dogs, all cats, all pets go to heaven. That's my pal Charlie Rays, who passed fifteen years ago in February. That's why your pets are who passed. They loved you and you love them. I do believe you'll see them begin see again on Monday night. Everyone have a great week and enjoy