Speaker 1: This is Dan Caplis and welcome to today's online podcast edition of The Dankpla Show. Please be sure to give us a five star rating if you'd be so kind, and to subscribe, download, and listen to the show every single day on your favorite podcast platform.
Speaker 2: You're listening to the Dan Kapla Show, but obviously you're not hearing Dan today. You've got Sheriff Steve Riims from Weld County, Colorado that's filling in, and I feel like it's almost like someone's giving me the keys to Dan's old corvette. I'm driving this big, fancy hot rod here at the K House Studios, and it's a little overwhelming, to be honest with you, because you know, I tune in as often as I can. I try to listen to Dan. I try to listen to Ryan almost daily, So sitting in the seat is it's kind of a big deal to me. I don't even know how to put it other than that it feels like the studio is really hot right now, but that's all fun.
Speaker 3: I think it has the lowest temperature setting in there. I do that intentionally for myself, but I'll make sure Kelly'll come in right now.
Speaker 2: No, it's good. I'm just I'm playing around. But you know, it is an honor to be filling in for Dan. I know he's got some important work going this week, and we'll try to make sure we make the show as exciting as possible, but also keep it on the rails. To be honest. When Dan texted last week saying that, you know, he'd like for me to potentially do some fill in work, I thought, well, he'd maybe had a head injury, he'd maybe been in a car crash. I was thinking, you know, the guy's baby, he's drunk. I don't know. But a couple of days go by and he texts me again and says, here's some dates. What do you think? And apparently he recovered from his head injury and still decided that this was a good idea. So here we are. I'm filling in. We've got a bunch of guests lined up for today and tomorrow because you're gonna have to deal with me for that day too. And obviously, as a law enforcement officer, as I said at the end of Ryan Show, there are some things that interest me and they probably interest you as well, especially if you live in the state of Colorado. We're dealing with a barrage of gun legislation that's hit this state for the last I don't know, ten years, probably twenty thirteen when the magazine ban started, So I guess twelve years now. Gosh, it goes by so fast. I guess that's what happens when you're having a good time. But on top of that, we've had a giant shift in the way that this state operates when it comes to dealing with criminals. We've almost we've almost villainized law enforcement, and we've made the criminals the victims of the system. And I say that as a law enforcement officer because I never thought the table would be so tilted in the favor of the criminal, and yet here we are. So we're going to talk a little bit of that, how that slide happened. And you can't talk about all this shift in the environment surrounding Colorado, and I guess the lack of following the law without talking about how it happened. We lost power as Republicans at the state House, and the Democrats gave us exactly what we didn't want. So we're going to talk. We're going to talk politics. We're going to talk Republican politics. And we're going to have a guest on here pretty quickly who some of you may have heard of. You may know him through some social media circles, but he's a young man. He truly does represent the beginning of that next wave of Republicans and he's the new GOP chairman in Weld County. I think you're going to love hearing from the guy. He's young, he's energetic, he's got a lot of great ideas, and he's he's already moved himself up to a pretty high level in Republican politics. We're going to have Lauren Boward on a little later in the show. We'll have a candidate for sheriff in Wild County. I have an expiration date. My term expires in one year, nine months, in eighteen days. At anyone's county say it isn't so, Steve, It's coming to an end. And I'm okay with that. At twelve years as sheriff is enough, and you know the fifteen years before that is as a person inside the agency. That stacks up to quite a bit of time. So we're going to have Matt Turner on. He's going to tell you about his run for sheriff and kind of the eye opening experience that's been not only in jumping into the realm of politics, but also going down to the State House and testifying on some bills and just seeing what that tone is down at the State House as it pertains to Republicans, as it pertains to gun laws, but mostly as it pertains to law enforcement. And we're also going to have State Rep. Ryan armagust On again later in the show. He is a gun fighter down at the I say that figuratively, not literally, but if given the opportunity, he probably wouldn't shy away from a gunfight to defend good men and women here in this state. But he's going to come on and talk a little bit about some of the same stuff. So we've got a heavy show ahead of us. It's going to be a great time. But before we start bringing on any of these guests, I kind of want to set the stage with what's been happening with the GOP in the state of Colorado. We've had a lot of chairm and races that have come and gone over the last two years. We've got this heated mess that's happening right now with I think five or six candidates that are running to replace Dave Williams. But really where the start and end of all of this what i'll call topsy turvy stuff in the state of Colorado is through this last couple of years with the Republican Party, and that's under the leadership of Dave Williams. I'm not trying to take a side on either one either way, but Dave Williams definitely is a lightning rod and he's done some things that no other party chairman has done in the past. He's endorsed candidates during the primary, He's run for office himself. There's some questions about where some of the state funding went. And most recently, he got very involved in the Weld County process for picking our new leadership and picking our new delegates to go to the state reorganization meeting. So that really impacted the way our new party chairman got elected. And I have to set that up so that he can tell his story when he it's on the air. Quite frankly, it's a head scratcher as to how we got here as a Republican Party. We went from a state that has probably always been purple, but we had some influence in this state as Republicans, not just statewide but county, you know, at the county level and at the city level, and there's just a few bastions of hope that are still hanging on by a thread. Weald County is still strongly read. Elpaso County is still pretty red. There's a few others, Mason County on the western slope, I think Jefferson is lost, and several others. So we're really trying to hold on to those strongholds and build from there. And we have a young man that's he's a great building block for Weald County in my opinion, as a young man and a figuratively and literally coming into the party. You know, he's got a new vision for where Republicans can go. And I'm so excited to see a seed change that hopefully will start in Welld County and kind of grow its way across the state of color. Autumn, there's been pockets of hope. I think Weld County is still that pocket of hope. We flipped some seats ced eight. Gabe Evans took a seat that started up blue and turned it red, and we took a Senate district thirteen seat that had gone blue, it's back to red. And then the HD fifty seat that had been blue forever and it finally went red. That's the area that if you live in northern Colorado, you know it surrounds UNC. It's right there around the college and it's been a blue stronghold until this last session. And we finally got a young man in there, Hispanic man, Ryan Gonzalez, and he's doing a great job. So it's great to just see that that seed change happen and just start seeing a different influence down at the State House. Ryan, Am I seeing this right? There's a caller on the line.
Speaker 3: We're working on that behind the scenes. But I do have a question for you before we go to break. You can't answer it however you would like. But after twelve years, there's the sheriff in Wild County. I've had some off air conversations exchanges with you about what might be next for you. Would you consider a run in politics for another office or is this something where you might just kind of stay on the sidelines right off into the sunset and do your own thing.
Speaker 2: You know, I would never rule everything completely out, but I am not That's not where my focus is. You know, with the Trump administration, there's some potential opportunities there, so I'm exploring where that might lead. But you know, I'm going to figure out what I want to be when I grow up in one year, nine months, in eighteen days.
Speaker 4: Fair enough?
Speaker 2: Yeah, you know, as as anybody who's been in politics can tell you, it ages you in dog years. But if you're in politics and you're a sheriff, it ages you tenfold. I feel like I'm I look like I'm seventy, but I'm only forty nine. So go with that. It looks like we have Hunter Rivera on the line. Now, Okay, we're going to go to break. As soon as we come back from break, we'll get with Hunter Rivera. And he's a phenomenal young man. You're gonna love hearing what he has to deliver. I'm just so proud to see a new wave coming into Weld County and I think I think Hunter is going to do a fantastic job in leading the Weld County GOP in a new and aggressive direction.
Speaker 5: And now back to the Dan Kaplas Show podcast.
Speaker 2: What a song to come back to? On The Dan Kapla Show, You're listening to Steve Reams today. I'm filling in for Dan, but that is one of my favorite songs and it was even before I got into law enforcement. Maybe that was the Swan song and the call in something like that.
Speaker 3: Now, which one do you prefer, Sheriff the Clashes version that you just heard or the original Bobby Fuller for.
Speaker 2: I actually prefer the Bobby Fuller version, Okay, but I like this one too.
Speaker 5: I'll have that one when we come back from the next break.
Speaker 2: That sounds great. So before we went to break, I was kind of preluding what we were going to be talking about in this segment, and that's the new Well County GOP chairman. For the rest of you around the state, you say, yeah, what about the Weld County GOP chairman doesn't affect me, But it really does. You know, we had a new wave of leadership coming into the to the GOP, and if we're going to talk about where we can go in the future, we need young faces, we need young ideas, and Hunter represents that. So with us on the line is Hunter Rivera, the newly elected GOP chairman for Weld County. Hunter, thanks for being with us.
Speaker 4: Yeah, thanks, for having me on.
Speaker 2: Sir, you bet Hunter, Before we get started, I got an email a few days ago, and it's from a little known organization called Rhino Watch. And in that in that email, it gave basically, like a few subtitles are heading, it said, well, County Rhinos refused to let dozens of Trump volunteers into their so called big tent, crazed by Dave Derange derangement syndrome. And then it goes down It's not Dave they hate, it's you. And then another section forty volunteers turned down. And then the last the last section calls out several elected officials who allegedly revealed themselves to be rhinos, one of those including myself on the list, which I find comical. I've been called everything under the sun working in law enforcement for twenty seven years, and I've spent several of those years working in a jail. Rhino is the least of my concerns. But Hunter, I don't think I can put all this to words, probably nearly as clearly as you can, because you actually faced the fire, you went through. You went to helen back in order to become our new GOP chairman. So first tell us a little bit about your background, why you got involved in Republican politics, and then we'll set up kind of your pathway to becoming our GOP chairman.
Speaker 6: Oh my goodness.
Speaker 4: I mean, I guess the first wave that I got involved into politics came from actually your predecessor as sheriff Sheriff John Cook when he became a state senator and buying my class to come down to the capitol when I was in high school back in twenty sixteen, seventeen somewhere in there. That was an awesome experience. Remember going to the state Capitol, never had been there before, and I'm like, this is awesome. You know, this is what I want to be involved with. I knew that there was something bigger than myself, you know, being involved with with the state politics, and so I knew that was something I wanted to be a part of. Back in twenty twenty, I think most folks in Windsor and Wealth County know that I stupidly ran for mayor at the age of eighteen.
Speaker 2: I would say stupidly, Hunter, It wasn't stupidly. You were a young man and you were on a mission, so you ran for Windsor mayor. You didn't win, but you got involved and that's okay, yep, yep.
Speaker 4: And then it just kind of became a natural progression of being more and more involved with Republican politics. My real first big campaign that I was involved with was I got hired by the Colorado State GUP slash RNC to work on Barb Kirkmeyer's campaign back in twenty twenty two. Ended up doing a lot of work on that campaign. We were one of the most effective grassroots organizing teams in the entire country for Barb's campaign, and as everybody knows, we came about fifteen hundred votes short. It really really hurt two years ago. Back in after the twenty twenty two elections, you know, it was kind of like, well, my gosh, I don't know what went wrong exactly. I felt like we did all the right things, and so I kind of looked around and I said, you know, I want to get involved a little bit more with my county party. Raised my hand and said, you know, I want to be the vice chair of the World GOP and running for that back in twenty twenty four or for the twenty twenty four cycle. And you know, my goals were clear I said, we're going to flip these five seats that you mentioned in the segment before we went out, and we did that. We went out, we flipped those five seats, and I felt given a good track record after the twenty twenty four election, you know, I feel very strongly that we need to keep Wealth County red. We need to keep we have three competitive seats. They are going to be up for election here in two years, and I feel very strongly that we need to keep those. So, you know, given our success and given that goal in mind, I decided to throw my hat in and run for GOP chair up here in Wealth County.
Speaker 2: So that's where things got really interesting, because, like you said, you've been heavily involved, You've been working with several campaigns. You were one of the boots on the ground kind of guys. So you throw your name in the hat that you're going to run for gopachair and we have our standard meeting up in Weld County and eaton Colorado. It's noticed, it's scheduled properly, and it's being conducted by our former chairman, and tell the listeners kind of what happened in that process.
Speaker 4: Yeah, well, I mean The basic thing is that every county has to hold these meetings that in the very beginning of February. We sent out to our folks. In early January, we're going to hold this meeting. About a week after I sent out notice that we were going to hold our meeting and what day it was going to be on, we got a email from the state Party chair. There was no heads up, no phone call to us, no nothing, and it was a list of over twenty different names of people that the state chair wanted to appoint as precinc Committee folks. Precing committee folks are of course members of our Central Committee and we'd get to vote on new leadership that we'd be considering. So it was a bit of a blind side from the state Party chair. We went in, we looked at the applicable laws and when our by laws and Robert Rules of Order said, and we made the determination that, you know, state lasses, we have to consider these people. We put them on our agenda. And as far as we were concerned, by putting them on the agenda and considering them, we satisfied the you know, the intent.
Speaker 6: Of the law.
Speaker 4: And there were some individuals within our county, including the state GOP, which did not agree with us just simply putting it on our agenda, right, So we put.
Speaker 2: Those individuals on the agenda, I say, we, the County Party put those individuals on the agenda to be considered. The voting body overwhelmingly said no, we don't want to add these people in at the last minute to be voters in our next process, and so we moved on. We elected all our new leadership for the party and we all left and did our thing.
Speaker 4: And then what happened, well, then after that we ended up getting about a week after our elections had happened. In fact, I think it was the Tuesday after we got this beautiful decision from the State GOP which basically said, nope, your elections are Nolan void. You guys didn't do this properly, and the State GOP was going to come in and basically hold a meeting no matter what. Now, normally when it comes to controversies, and we had added controversy with the State GOP before this concerning our Central Committee meeting which I appealed and we never it's not going before the SEC. So you know, Chairman Williams broke bylaws by not hearing my appeal on their first decision, but in his second decision he sent to us, which caused the second meeting that we just held here at the beginning of March. You know, he said that even if I appealed his second decision, that he was still going to do this meeting no matter what. I mean, they were just absolutely going to steamerroll Well County and just not even give us a say in what was going on. And I think from there, you know, me and the executive team that did get elected in February, you know, we kind of got together and developed a strateg and you know, really kind of worked with the state GOP and kind of forced their hand on some stuff so that way we could have some say in how this meeting was going to be conducted, because yeah, at the beginning, I mean, they were just absolutely going to steamroll us, and Weld County was being so utterly disrespected throughout this entire process. I mean, there was no chance for me to appeal. I felt like when I led my case the first time, you know, I didn't get very far with it, and the second time, when they made the second decision which invalidated our meeting, we weren't even invited to the meeting to give our side of the story. It was just it was done in a closed door meeting and we were left out.
Speaker 2: But the short of it is, Hunter, you've been elected to the GOP chair position twice now because in your second run you won by an even larger margin because your opponent dropped out. So yeah, when it's all said and done, you know, and the history books are written in Weld County politics or talked about, you're going to be the youngest chairman we've ever elected, and we elected you twice. Tell the listeners what is your age right now?
Speaker 4: I am twenty two years old. And just to put it into perspective for some folks because I know you mentioned it before with Ryan Gonzalez's race. So last time we flipped house dister fifty I think I was only about seven months old, went from Republican the Democrat, and you know, twenty two years later we were.
Speaker 6: Able to flip that deep.
Speaker 2: Hunter, thanks for being on with us. You're listening to the Dan Kapla Show and we'll be back right after the break.
Speaker 5: You're listening to the Dan Kapliss Show podcast.
Speaker 2: Well, we're back at the Dan Caplis show here and you got Steve Riams filling in Weld County Sheriff. It's great that you have Lauren Bobert. Some music cued up. That is her walk up song. I'm sure for every baseball game she plays. Lauren is truly one of those warriors in Washington, d C. And I'm so glad that we had a few conversations. We'll say a few months back when ken Buck finally decided to quit disgracing CD four and leave the seat, and Lauren decided, you know, it's time to move my family relocate, and she came to Windsor, Colorado, and decided she was going to take over that seat, or at least run for that seat, challenge for that seat, and it wasn't even close. She dusted the competition. So with us next, I think she's on the line. Congresswoman Lauren Bobert, how are.
Speaker 7: You doing steam. I'm so happy that you were filling in today, And You're right. I did decide I was taking over Colorado's fourth District. It was never much of a will I win. I have traveled the state of Colorado for five years now to date, and I've been earning the trust of voters all throughout our seat and now as the most senior republic representing Colorado, I have represented fifty three of our sixty four counties in Colorado. And so if there's anyone who knows what it's like to represent our rural constituents, our ad community, our farmers, our ranchers, our energy developers, our forest service workers, and so much more.
Speaker 6: It is me.
Speaker 7: And I'm so honored to.
Speaker 6: Be trusted to be in a physician.
Speaker 2: Well, I'm honored that you and I are on a list together that I don't know if you got to listen to the previous segment when I was talking with our new GOP chairman, but you and I made the elected officials reveal themselves to be rhinos. Chapter in the latest.
Speaker 7: Rhino Watch, when the rhino hunters become the rhinos.
Speaker 2: Right, Yeah, I think it's kind of ironic that you and I are on a list of rhinos. I mean, sure whatever, call me what you want, but you're at the top. I'm at the bottom. So I don't know if that makes you worse or better.
Speaker 7: Sheriff I put myself is better than you, but I'm at the top of the limbs. But here's the deal. I've been I've been in the room with the anonymous Rhino Watch author a couple of times now and have called this author out directly I to eye, saying, as Colorado's self proclaimed rhino hunter, I don't give a rip what you have to say about me. The tactics that are going on right now are are not right, they are not just. And if you were only going to look at the person of Dave Williams and say, if you defy our state party chair, you are there for a rhino, well, then that is an effective and inaccurate Because unfortunately Dave Williams, whom I endorsed in his congressional primary.
Speaker 6: God blessed Jeff Crank.
Speaker 7: He's now my colleague, and you know, I've had multiple conversations and he and I work very well together other and understands those dynamics. But I endorse Dave Williams as the congressional nominee for District five. Unfortunately, where he lacked was his campaign.
Speaker 6: First of all, you have to put in the works. You can't just.
Speaker 7: Sit back and say, well, I have the Trump endorsement, so I don't need to do anything else like that. That's not right, and you cannot then then for go proceed and and desimate every other congressional candidate who is the nominee. Look gave Evans, he went through the assembly process the one top line, and the state party spent money against him and never came out and supported him in the general.
Speaker 6: So you know that that just hurt our assembly process.
Speaker 7: And if if if that's what it means to take.
Speaker 6: Out a rhino, fine, so be it. But or to be a.
Speaker 7: Rhino, I guess is what it is, what they're saying it is.
Speaker 6: I let them say whatever they're going to say.
Speaker 7: I sleep well at night. I know I'm fighting for the country and sheriff, so are you well?
Speaker 2: Speaking of you fighting for the country, you know I get your updates, I get your email from your staff, and you know, I'm sure some of the people know this. But if you do have that mantra of rhino, it's definitely not earned. Because is it not true that you've introduced a bill to do away with the ATF.
Speaker 7: Jariff, I have indeed introduced the bill to defund the ATF. I want the ATF abolish. This is unconstitutional, as are many federal government agencies.
Speaker 6: And this is.
Speaker 7: One that I have solely put my name to saying this must be done away with. If we're going to go forward and protect the Second Amendment, then we need to get not only the federal government out of the way with their unconstitutional agencies who have particularly are armed cartels with thousands of unmarked firearms, but also we need to put the states in check. If we are truly constitutional and saying we abide by the Tenth Amendment and say the states have constitutional direction of their states, well, we have to look further to the Constitution that says, well, we have this Bill of Rights that clearly states all of these things belong to the people and not to any government.
Speaker 6: And so the Tenth Amendment.
Speaker 7: Never allows a state to come in and override the Constitution. And what unfortunately many on the left, many liberals, many Democrats, have interpreted that as is, oh, well, the tenth Amendment says we can regulate the Second Amendment.
Speaker 6: Well, if that's.
Speaker 7: True, then they can regulate the nineteenth Amendment, they can regulate.
Speaker 6: The thirteenth, the fourteenth, first, the.
Speaker 4: Fourth, all of them.
Speaker 7: And so this is where we come up in a quandary of saying, well, what is constitutional law, what is a law land? And the Second Amendment is a long land and share frames.
Speaker 6: You are Colorado's sheriff.
Speaker 7: You were against red flag laws, and I applaud you greatly.
Speaker 6: For that, and I hope that your.
Speaker 7: Career it continues honestly because of that alone, because you cherish the Second Amendment right of American citizens.
Speaker 2: Well, that's why this bill caught my attention. You know, I've dealt with a lot of three letter federal agencies, and I oftentimes have four letter words to describe some of them, and the ATF is oftentimes one of those because I don't find them being very helpful in catching criminals, but I do find them very regulatory and trying to deal with people who are law abiding citizens that are oftentimes trying to figure out how to, you know, just exercise their Secondmendment right. So that doesn't mean that they don't have some righteous cases from time to time, but I think those cases could be worked by other federal agencies or local law enforcement. To that extent. We're talking about three things that the ATF represents that are all legal, alcohol, tobacco, and firearms. If you're going to use any of those.
Speaker 6: Things, we name a corner store, gas station.
Speaker 2: Yeah, right, exactly. So if those things are going to be legal, if something goes haywire and a crime occurs involving any of those things, I think local law enforcement or FBI whomever could have jurisdiction to do that, and we save the taxpayers a ton of money and a ton of headache. And to top this off, your bill is beautiful. It's the shortest bill I think I've ever seen because it's right to the point, do away with ATF. It's that simple. I love it.
Speaker 6: That's exactly right.
Speaker 7: We don't need one hundred pages to do away with the ATF.
Speaker 6: We don't need one hundred.
Speaker 7: Pages to defund the ATF. And also, sheriff, to your point, I've been described as a four letter word a time.
Speaker 6: Or two, and so I get it. Yeah, we get this. And and also may I just.
Speaker 7: Add on a side note, you sound very common proper on the radio, and I do want listeners to know this is like a bad a sheriff that we have in Colorado. And uh so don't take his voices, you know something that's just like someone who can be shoved.
Speaker 6: Shoved the side because because.
Speaker 7: You are seriously one of our toughest sheriffs in Colorado.
Speaker 6: And I commend you, But the ATS and so.
Speaker 7: Many other agencies have overreached and really have have just infringed on so many of our rights. And and it's time that we do away with those and withdraw that federal funding from them, UH, so we can we can be better stewards of our tax dollars and uh and really allow local government to do what it should do. And and and police are saying, and counties the way that the Constitution gives right to there's no one that does it better than our counties and cities, our local government. My job is to get federal government out of your life.
Speaker 2: It couldn't be said better.
Speaker 4: Control.
Speaker 2: It couldn't be said better. We're coming up on the end of the segment, but I do want to give you one last opportunity before we go to break. You said you've confronted that person from the Rhino Watch, the Rhinal Watch author. Would you like to name that person before you go off the air or you want to just do that on your own time, on your own dime.
Speaker 7: You know there there's certainly a few that are involved in that publication, and there is one of the few that I have confronted. And I think the people who are familiar with that publication will know the toothless person that I'm referencing. You know, it is it is unfortunate that someone who can sympathize with school shooters, who can go into the Republican Party and remain remain a member and even even a prominent member of the Republican Party by proxy, uh to make such wide accusations. Now, there are other portions like listen, like the honey badgery report in the in the Rhino Watch public publication. Look, that's Mark Hampton. He is wide open saying.
Speaker 6: This is me.
Speaker 7: He's not high, not anonymous. I love Mark Hampton, I love Pam Hampton. They're wonderful people representing Parker, Colorado, in Douglas County, and and they do call it as they see it, but they are not disgusting and vile, and they do not lie as far as I have seen. And and so you know, these are people that I'm like, Okay, what you say, fine, let it out to the people. But when when you Sheriff reems And and me and Lauren Bobert are called rhinos in Colorado, I mean, that's just really going beyond the pale. I don't want to give them much more credit than they deserve because.
Speaker 6: They're not credible. But you know, they have.
Speaker 7: A sliver of an audience that gives them a little bit of accolade and make them feel important, so you know, they keep doing what they're doing. But this is not a credible source of media. And I would continue to listen to our radio shows on k and US and local media and even the podcasts that are nationally broadcast, because that's where I get my most informative news from the folks who are really digging in and getting the information, not being biased, sometimes sharing their opinion, but certainly being fair. And Sheriff, I think.
Speaker 4: We have a lot of work to do in Colorado.
Speaker 7: We're seeing trende or Ragua taken out. I hope John Fabricatory gets a position here soon in the Department of Homeland Security. I've been talking with a Borders are Tom Homan about that because he was once a border a border patrol director for WYOM and Colorado, and I hope he gets picked up again, and I hope he continue to gain momentum throughout now and the midterm elections, because remember Colorado, Trump is not going to be at the top of our ticket in.
Speaker 6: The midterm elections.
Speaker 7: It is going to be a governor and senator candidate in Colorado, and we know that Colorado has gone severely blue, so we have to pay severe attention and ensure that we are getting the vote out.
Speaker 2: Well, Lauren, as always, you brought the fire, you brought the you brought the brought the heat, and we appreciate it. Hey, thanks for coming on the show, Thanks for being on the Dan Kapla Show, and we look forward to having you on again real soon. Thanks again, Lauren Bobert, congress Folman for.
Speaker 4: The fourth ceded.
Speaker 5: And now back to the Dan Kaplass Show podcast.
Speaker 2: But I had a radio show for a little while up in northern Colorado and this was the show that we always heard the song that we always kicked the show off too. So this is like old home there it is. You're with the Dan Capless Show. You got Sheriff Steve Riams filling in. It's an honor and a pleasure to be here. You know, this big, big chair to fill when Dan's not around. So again, a little overwhelming, but I've got the keys to the corvette we're taking out for a hot lap and we haven't hit the wall yet, but we're going to get close. So we're almost we're almost done with this hour, but I wanted to get to a few things here. Let's go to the text wall. So I got a couple from Alexa. She says, Sheriff Frames is in the seat looking forward to this. She may not be now, and then a little later she says, Sheriff Frames is on my list of people I would clone if I could, Great great leader. Look, I don't know how many people would agree with Alex on that one. I know my wife certainly couldn't take another one of me around, so she's probably going to vote that down. And then I had another texter said, what happened to Weld County being on on Patrol live? For some of you that watched that show, it was a good experience. We kind of tipped our toe in it a little bit as an agency. And I had a little skepticism because sometimes you don't know if those shows are truly live, if they're really if they're really playing to the audience, or they're trying to script some things out. And I think the show was very honest in the way they covered us. They weren't They definitely weren't accustomed to how big Weld County is. It's a four thousand square mile county. So when you want to go on Patrol live, sometimes you were watching a drive for fifteen or twenty minutes, So that's a challenge. And then on top of that, we had some issues with some of the other agencies that were being highlighted on the TV show. I did personally. I just I didn't think they practiced good policing techniques and I don't like being bumped up against those agencies. You know, you'd go to some agency down in the South where they're chasing someone over a busted tail light, crashing up cars and putting people in danger, and then we're, you know, out handling a shooting incident, you know, and trying to do things the right way. It's not to say that there's not one hundred different ways to do law enforcement. I just like to think that we try to do it best by the citizens, and the show just wasn't giving us the look that we really wanted. But I want to encourage people to keep texting in Our text number is five seven seven three nine. Start your text off with Dan, or you can call in, which is three O three seven one three eight two fivey five. That's three O three seven one three eight two five five. We've got a couple of callers that we're going to try to get to in the opening segment of the next hour. We'll start off with that, and you know, we're just going to try to see where this whole show takes us. I certainly wasn't expecting some of the fire that Congresswoman Lauren Bobert brought, but she described the person who she thinks is the brains behind Rhino Watch, and she called him a big, toothless person. I think that I don't know if I got it exactly right accurate, though, but I would encour urage any of you text in or call in if you think you know who she's describing, because that can give us another topic of debate. To tell you that the Rhino Watch thing has gotten a little out of control would be an understatement, especially when Lauren and I make the same list. So with that, we'll see you in the next hour. You're listening to the Dan Kaplas Show right here,