Speaker 1: Ironized Yeast present lights out everybody.
Speaker 2: Later than.
Speaker 3: You.
Speaker 1: My name arch Obler, all my life, I, even as you have been fascinated by stories of the unusual, by stories of suspense, by stories of the world of the future, and of the dark mysteries of the past. Tonight, through the sponsorship of the makers of Ironized Yeast, we bring you a new series of plays that I have written, dedicated to all of you who like to think that perhaps there are other worlds.
Speaker 2: Beyond this very mad one of ours.
Speaker 1: I'll meet mister babloman or announcer who'll tell you more of.
Speaker 2: What is to come.
Speaker 1: Yes, ladies and gentlemen, in the weeks to come, we will bring you the thrills and chills of stories of imagination. And we tell you calmly, but very sincerely, that these will not be stories for those who frightened easily and permanently. But if you want released for just a little while before facing the problems of today, then listen while we tell you, from week to week of this world and other worlds of these times, and the ages to come of the dead and the undead. But now, mister Roebler, what's the title of the story for tonight title. We'll tell you that at the end of the story, for reasons you'll quickly discover.
Speaker 3: Anyway, those title has no importance.
Speaker 1: This is a story the touches on the supernatural, and no matter how calm you may feel at the moment, perhaps soon you won't be quite so calm. Yes, there's a something mighty awe inspiring about the supernatural, but you know, plain facts can be pretty startling too. For instance, think of the thousands of Americans who are miserably thin and.
Speaker 2: Nervous and run down, often because they're simply not getting enough.
Speaker 1: Vitamin B and iron from their food. If that's true of you, friends, then I urge you, in all sincerity, try ironized yeast tablets.
Speaker 2: They're so easy to.
Speaker 1: Take, and they've worked wonders for thousands of people who only needed more vitamin B and iron help them gain glorious new pep and strength and five to ten even more pounds of good new play. Remember that's the one and only ironized yeast tablets. Enough life out.
Speaker 4: I got another way.
Speaker 3: Now, this warmer had a daughter.
Speaker 4: You what you're driving?
Speaker 5: Go on?
Speaker 3: This bus drives itself from the steering wheel.
Speaker 6: Sweety pot Oh yeah, until the rain stops.
Speaker 3: Well what if it rains all the way down to Mexico? Will stop?
Speaker 7: Oh?
Speaker 3: Oh gee, you sure got a nice set of tires on this.
Speaker 6: Yeah, that's one thing about that ex husband of mine kept everything he had in perfect condition.
Speaker 4: Mm hmmm for me, your face?
Speaker 3: I wonder if you're followers sham follow us?
Speaker 4: What for you got the divorce?
Speaker 3: Didn't he?
Speaker 4: Anyway?
Speaker 6: How's he gonna follow me? When that judge got through pan me off alimony? There wasn't enough left in the account. But Sam to by roller skates.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, that's right.
Speaker 6: Sure I'm going places he ain't. He's stuck with the kid.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 8: Oh, how do you like that?
Speaker 3: What? Look?
Speaker 2: Cup ahead?
Speaker 4: Where?
Speaker 5: That's the first thing on wheels we've seen on this road since noon?
Speaker 3: Hey?
Speaker 4: What kind of a truck is that? I don't know.
Speaker 3: Do you think I got eyes like an eagle?
Speaker 4: No? A wolf? Oh?
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, well I'll catch up to him.
Speaker 4: Hey, wait a minute, maybe you better not pass it?
Speaker 3: Why not?
Speaker 4: Google looking truck? Maybe army?
Speaker 3: Are you kidding?
Speaker 8: Well? I'm one.
Speaker 5: Do you think that's all the army guy's gotta do? They think I'm bot sticking out their hands and asking, Hey, where's.
Speaker 3: Your draft card?
Speaker 2: Say frank, Oh, just needling me?
Speaker 3: Now, lay off.
Speaker 5: I told you before, no more of that draft stuff. If you want a tin hero in the uniform, you got the wrong guy. No draft boards broke with me, No, sir, I'm getting so far away there, truck your head.
Speaker 8: Look, huh wow?
Speaker 3: How do you like that? I don't danger hi explosive minute?
Speaker 4: I saw the red color, but I knew it was something, so what yeah? Pass him up?
Speaker 3: You know me?
Speaker 5: All right?
Speaker 3: All right, get over there, get over Look at the.
Speaker 4: Guy standing right in the middle.
Speaker 5: Come on, come on one side something. How do you like that guy hog in the middle of the road. Get over Hey, you want to get the pants off?
Speaker 3: What do you mean?
Speaker 4: Come on? Hey, wait a.
Speaker 3: Minute, I'm not loaded with dynamite he is.
Speaker 6: Well, you're gonna follow him all the way around the shoulder. You got room, okay, get over there, your big bomb.
Speaker 3: Shove over, I'm coming through bright.
Speaker 4: Oh hm.
Speaker 5: He tried to kill us, Yeah, run us off the road. The guy loaded with dynamite tries to run us off the road. Really, Millie, what's the matter with you? What are you just looking like that for?
Speaker 4: Thank? Right?
Speaker 5: Yeah, I know it was a close one, but it was your idea passing him up.
Speaker 7: So he's gone on ahead of us. So what didn't you see?
Speaker 4: See?
Speaker 8: What?
Speaker 4: What the driver of the truck, he didn't have a face.
Speaker 5: All right, all right, I've heard you once. I've heard you a hundred times, so let's not talk about it anymore.
Speaker 8: Go on, go on, take.
Speaker 4: Another drinking bottles empty?
Speaker 3: Well, there's another one in the black suitcase.
Speaker 8: Reached back.
Speaker 3: I don't want anymore. Okay, then, so what's gone on?
Speaker 2: Ahead?
Speaker 3: The road's clear. We're on our way, so forget it.
Speaker 8: Without a face.
Speaker 5: Yeah, crazy, sure, what's the matter, bauby.
Speaker 4: Me me saying things?
Speaker 6: Yeah, like this song they sing over the radio.
Speaker 4: I ain't got nobody have a b that's gonna spoil our fun, Frank.
Speaker 9: You're telling me listen once we get over the border, ran what ahead?
Speaker 4: Look ahead? The truck? Well it's there again.
Speaker 8: I see it.
Speaker 4: I got eyes, but it's that truck.
Speaker 3: So what having going fast?
Speaker 8: I caught up with it this time? I will pass.
Speaker 4: No, Frank, what do you mean?
Speaker 3: No four lane road? You can't block me off this time?
Speaker 5: Right?
Speaker 4: Don't turn off?
Speaker 3: What are you talking about?
Speaker 4: Another road? We'll take another road.
Speaker 5: This one's the shortest one. We're staying right on this. I'll leave that guy standing still.
Speaker 4: M what's the.
Speaker 3: Matter the engine?
Speaker 8: It it?
Speaker 3: No, No, it's alright. See.
Speaker 4: How do you like?
Speaker 1: That?
Speaker 3: Was almost up to him? If the engine would her? No, I'll pass that buzzard pray, what's the matter with this car?
Speaker 4: There?
Speaker 3: It's alright again? Uh?
Speaker 8: How do you like that?
Speaker 3: A second time in a row. Just when I was gonna pass him, the engine cuts out?
Speaker 4: Yeah, let him go?
Speaker 5: Huh what do you mean?
Speaker 3: Let him go?
Speaker 4: Nah?
Speaker 3: There, it's okay.
Speaker 5: This time I will get.
Speaker 4: Around, Yes, pass him up. I want you to pass him.
Speaker 5: Up on I will.
Speaker 8: I'll be your sun up.
Speaker 4: And again you're telling.
Speaker 3: Me, say, what kind of a car do that husband of yours have? Anyway?
Speaker 5: This thing's crazy. Guess when I'm going to pass him up? The engine cuts out when I fall behind. It's all right, something wrong with the engine.
Speaker 3: Sure, Sure, what do you think I've been talking about? Well, I've had my belley for you mean, we'll go some other way. I told you this is the shortest road. Look down grade, I'll do it.
Speaker 8: What passed him?
Speaker 5: Going on down a hill?
Speaker 3: If you think I'm going to follow behind the dynamite truck the rest of the day. You're crazy.
Speaker 5: What's the matter with you? First you want us to pass him, and then you don't. He's going downhill and deared. I'm catching up to him as if he was standing still.
Speaker 4: Look out, he's getting to the left.
Speaker 8: So what I'll pass him on the right.
Speaker 3: All right, you road.
Speaker 5: Hog and buzzard? Pull over there, pull over and knock your ears back on you?
Speaker 4: Right?
Speaker 1: What is it?
Speaker 4: Why did you stop?
Speaker 10: Right?
Speaker 3: Didn't? Didn't you see my eyes?
Speaker 4: That was scared? I kept him shut?
Speaker 1: Rank?
Speaker 11: What is it? The truck and the driver? Frank, you saw what I thought? The face?
Speaker 3: No, so I didn't, Millie.
Speaker 5: As sure as we're sitting here, I'm telling you there's nobody driving that truck, just nobody.
Speaker 4: Rank. Yeah, how long we're just gonna sit here, Frank, I'm talking to you.
Speaker 3: I need another drink?
Speaker 4: There any anymore? Rank?
Speaker 11: Before when I thought I saw something, goofy that truck. You said I was seeing things?
Speaker 4: Well maybe you did too.
Speaker 11: I mean the rain both that nervous, being jumpy, So maybe it was just seeing things?
Speaker 3: Yeah, seeing things? Yeah, maybe that's it?
Speaker 4: All right?
Speaker 11: Then let's get going. When you're sitting here in the car in the rain, let's get moving.
Speaker 8: Okay, you know something what.
Speaker 3: I feel?
Speaker 8: Okay, huh with what.
Speaker 4: You poured down your order.
Speaker 5: Goofy, that's what it was, playing, goofy. A crazy truck driver tries to block us off, and I see things. You see things, Goofy.
Speaker 3: That's what it is.
Speaker 4: Yeah, rain, you were making it dark fast. Huh.
Speaker 3: I know what I'm gonna do.
Speaker 5: Why the next crossroads I'm gonna turn off? But you said so, I changed my mind. Cut to the right and the next road going south will take it.
Speaker 4: Rank. What what did they stop us?
Speaker 3: Who?
Speaker 4: The cops?
Speaker 3: H lit?
Speaker 4: The border patrol? Whoever they got guard on the border?
Speaker 5: I told you that guy will meet us at no galleys and for two hundred bucks he'll show us away.
Speaker 3: Don't you ever listen to me? Right alright, that dirty truck driving buzzard.
Speaker 4: I never wanna see a red truck again as long as I live. Red.
Speaker 5: Yeah, once we get over the border, we'll painted red all the way down to South America.
Speaker 6: Hey baby, Yeah, that's what I want fun the rest of my life.
Speaker 3: I told you you'll get it.
Speaker 8: Oh, that's where we turn.
Speaker 4: Hey, but I think Ill's Sam used to worry about these tired.
Speaker 5: Uh that jump patriotic duty to say me said, I'll bet you he had an American flag and brought it on his chest.
Speaker 4: Do you make me forget anything? How far do we go? This way?
Speaker 5: I told you, next road we'll swing back south and Rank, I see it parked.
Speaker 4: Up there here? What are you? Why are you pulling up behind?
Speaker 3: Gonna wait?
Speaker 4: Wait?
Speaker 3: You don't think I'm gonna rideast him again? Do you?
Speaker 4: Then? What?
Speaker 3: We'll wait?
Speaker 8: Just wait?
Speaker 3: Frank? Yeah, getting dark?
Speaker 4: Yeah, just sitting here right, Frank? Is there somebody in that truck?
Speaker 3: There must be, Frank, the compartment open. I'll give it to night.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 5: I'm gonna find out who that guy is up there and why once and for all. Come on, come on, come with me, you come with me. Come on, I'm telling you I've had about all.
Speaker 4: I can take. Stop dragging me along.
Speaker 5: Telling that guy crowdingess off the road? Follow into a second place, We go out, telling him.
Speaker 4: I don't want to go up there.
Speaker 5: Lock All right, mister, all right, come on out of there. You see, Melie, there is a guy driving Come on you get out of there, all right. I'll drag you out. Come on, open that door, climb down out there, all right? How lopen it for you?
Speaker 1: Who oh, No, ladies and gentlemen, while we catch our breath. Before the second half of to Night's Lights out story, I want you to hear a true story that happened to mister Charles Kran's of Detroit, Michigan. Mister Krans, who simply needed more bitamin B and iron wrights.
Speaker 10: I work in one of the large defense plants here. Not long ago, they put me on the third shift, which means working nights and sleeping daytimes. I wasn't used to this. Couldn't get my regular sleep in the daytime. I also lost my appetite. One of my fellow workers told me to try ironized yeast, which I did. Now I get my regular sleep, and talk about appetite, I'm always hungry. Thanks to ironized yeast, I've gained about seven pounds.
Speaker 1: Thank you, mister Crans and friends. If you are miserably thin and nervous and run down, remember this.
Speaker 2: Authorities say when.
Speaker 12: You don't get enough vitamin B and iron from your daily food, you may lack appetite, not even enough to maintain normal weight and strength. And when you don't get enough iron from your food, you may be weak and pale and listless.
Speaker 1: Ironized yeast tablets give you both vitamin B and iron. They cost but a few pennies a day. So if you simply need more vitamin B and iron to feel better, look better, really, and joy life once again, ask your druggist for the one and only ironized yeast tablets with IY on the package and on each tablet. And now back to light's out. The red truck has disappeared in the distance, but the man and woman sit there in the moving automobile with a frightened beyond words, while around them the rain beats.
Speaker 2: Down in the lonely room, a heavy rain.
Speaker 3: I stop crying.
Speaker 5: Stop crying, like I can stop it?
Speaker 4: What good is crying?
Speaker 5: Keep moving, that's all I keep moving.
Speaker 4: If we only get to something else. People.
Speaker 3: Yeah, first times we come to we'll stop.
Speaker 8: Sure.
Speaker 3: Wait, wait till it's light again. People are safe with as people.
Speaker 4: People will help us, right, anybody will help us.
Speaker 3: Yeah, get the people.
Speaker 8: Car.
Speaker 3: I haven't seen a car, not for my house.
Speaker 4: As long as we don't see him.
Speaker 3: It's alright, no truck could keep up with us as fast as we been going.
Speaker 4: He could.
Speaker 3: No, No, we'll keep on driving driving.
Speaker 8: Never be that, you hear me, that'll be that.
Speaker 4: I think you're more scared than I am.
Speaker 3: Shut up?
Speaker 8: Look what No?
Speaker 3: No, I was still alone on the road. Picked up your pace. Look see on the horizon the lights. Oh how about you? That's no galleyes?
Speaker 4: Drink?
Speaker 3: Sure, sure, once we get there, it'll be alright.
Speaker 4: Hi, you're sure, friend?
Speaker 3: Sure? Sure? Light people, I drink, that's what we need.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 11: I don't wanna sleep tonight. Huh, I said, I don't wanna sleep tonight. If I close my eyes.
Speaker 4: I'll see No.
Speaker 3: Might don't wanna talk about it.
Speaker 4: I gotta talk about it.
Speaker 11: You gotta talk about it now, and then I'll get it all off from inside me and I won't think about it an.
Speaker 3: I might tell you.
Speaker 4: I got you gotta tell me in the truck what I saw? Was it? Really? Shut up?
Speaker 5: Your blested moment?
Speaker 4: Shut up?
Speaker 3: M oh no, how what are you crying about it?
Speaker 4: Real low? We welcome to my kid for what beauty? Yell at mey.
Speaker 3: Okay, okay, forget it.
Speaker 5: Look lights in the skies getting brighter. Oh, we're getting closer.
Speaker 8: Alright?
Speaker 4: Oh?
Speaker 3: Why car ahead?
Speaker 4: Did you see?
Speaker 8: What are you talking about it?
Speaker 3: That's nothing there?
Speaker 4: I saw there. I saw it again. I tell your life what.
Speaker 3: It's another car. We're getting near the town.
Speaker 9: That swell.
Speaker 3: That's what we want, ain't it? Other cars? People, that's what we want? Y right, truck?
Speaker 9: Oh blessed you shut up?
Speaker 3: Give me, you're gonna give me a chance to think.
Speaker 5: All right, all right, go on, go on and cry your blasted eyes out. I'll get out of this.
Speaker 3: I will the rain stopped like the town.
Speaker 8: Oh.
Speaker 3: Once I get there, you know what I'm going to do. I'm gonna dip you.
Speaker 7: You hear that, Mali, I'm gonna ditch you. Sure, sure, all that's happened that thing up there, it's.
Speaker 3: You that put on.
Speaker 7: You're just a hoodoo to me.
Speaker 5: Get ready, you and I'll get rid of him. Up ahead, go on, go on, go on, cry, I cry?
Speaker 4: Who cares?
Speaker 3: I'm ditching your baby?
Speaker 5: And there's nothing you can do about it.
Speaker 8: Sure, follow him.
Speaker 3: Get to town. He won't get into town, he couldn't, but I will.
Speaker 5: Then out you go, baby, You take.
Speaker 3: Your car and go right back again.
Speaker 8: Baby.
Speaker 3: Once we get to know galleyes. I don't want any part of it or you. Hey, look gone, what the truck ahead?
Speaker 8: It's gone?
Speaker 5: Put im spot, yeah gone, just like that. The minute I even talk about getting ready you it's gone. Yeah right lights here, I come.
Speaker 3: Clear out ahead. You're not gonna You're in the ditch already. Baby, won't take me back?
Speaker 8: Ah, you got me crying.
Speaker 4: I'll I'll tell you running out in the craft.
Speaker 3: Yes you will.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's allowed to heart it back on State Street.
Speaker 3: Maybe I'll have to shut your mouth.
Speaker 4: You touch me and I'll tear your eyes out.
Speaker 3: All right, baby, I've had enough today. What's happened, What I saw on that truck, it all adds up.
Speaker 5: To one thing. No matter what I gotta do for it, I gotta get rid of my hudoo.
Speaker 2: You.
Speaker 3: Yeah, even if I have to kill you. Frank, you're gonna be smart. Hey, baby, Frank, behind us? What are you talking about?
Speaker 4: Behind?
Speaker 3: Huh? The car?
Speaker 4: So what?
Speaker 3: Him? Hi? You're here crazy him?
Speaker 4: I tell you follow.
Speaker 3: Nobody's following us. Getting near a town. It's another car, So what shut up?
Speaker 8: I don't show you.
Speaker 3: What I'm behind. I'll show you.
Speaker 4: It's no good getting closer, closer. I tell you, no, go faster. It's not it's closer, Frank, he's closer.
Speaker 3: Crazy. You're trying to drive me crazy.
Speaker 4: Frank, it is the red it.
Speaker 3: No, stop saying that him him, No, no.
Speaker 4: Mession, you're look at it.
Speaker 5: Laster, Go faster, yes, yes, don't let him get.
Speaker 4: Me Frank, faster. He's getting closer faster.
Speaker 3: I can't what'ston of the floor after.
Speaker 4: Tam can, Thank yous? Right boy, and got it right over it back? No, I'm dropping back right right the wheel right, he.
Speaker 8: Ain't got ride all right?
Speaker 13: Allah? Huh Hello, sergeant, this is Raydon about that crash just outside. No, golly's yeah. I've been all over it and it still don't make sense. Empty road, no skid marks, no nothing, and it looks as if they see Dan must have been the only car on the road. Yeah, and yet it's crushed flat like well, like a seventy five ton tank rolled over it. I'm telling you the truth, sergeant. The whole automobile crushed flat like a tin can. And then it must have caught fire. No, what was left of them was burned to a crisp huh yeah, yeah, okay, yeah, I'm coming in. Uh oh, one thing more, serge. And there's a funny thing all around the car where we found it. There are hoof prints, Yeah, I said, marks like hoof prints burned into the macadam of the road. Oh suh, I'm cold, sober as sure as I'm standing here. I'm telling you the car was crushed flat, and the body's burned, and the marks like hoof prints burned in the road, like well, like something walked around watching them burn. Okay, okay, I was just telling you. It don't mean a thing to me. What the devil, mister Obler, Yes, the story? What was in that truck?
Speaker 2: Was it really? I mean, was it really?
Speaker 1: Well, I can only repeat the title of tonight's story.
Speaker 2: What the devil?
Speaker 3: Was it? Really?
Speaker 2: How should I know? Oh? And I suppose you don't even know about next week's life. Oh but I do.
Speaker 1: Do you like worms, mister Lehman. What worms? Fat crawley worms?
Speaker 2: You know the kind that slither.
Speaker 1: All over your lawn at night, the swirmy ones that hang on the end of your fish hug. Well, next week our story is going to be about worms, little insignificant worms who one strange night decided that they'd be insignificant no longer, or perhaps.
Speaker 2: You think the impossible is always impossible, mister.
Speaker 1: Obler, the longer I live, the more I become convinced that nothing is impossible. Of course, not everyone feels that way. I'm thinking now of the thousands of people who go on day after day leading a miserable half existence, thin and weak and nervous, run down, always tired, because they figure nothing can help them. Well, friends, if you're one of those thin, tired, nervous folks, and if it's due simply to bite and iron shortage, believe me, there is help for you. Ironized Yeast supplies both these vital substances. It's helped thousands who needed them, help them so amazingly that Ironized Yeast is actually sold on this no risk money back basis.
Speaker 12: If you are not one hundred percent pleased with the results, the cost of the first package will be refunded to you in full by the Ironized Yeast Company. Box I y Rawway, New Jersey.
Speaker 2: And now, mister Roebler, will you tell us more about next Tuesday Night?
Speaker 1: Yes, but not too much.
Speaker 2: The story is called the Revolt.
Speaker 1: Of the Worms, and in it we ask a very simple question. What would happen to our earth if suddenly the earthworms, Yes, the simple little earthworms that turn over our soil, suddenly grew and grew until But that's next week.
Speaker 9: It is.
Speaker 4: Later than you thing.
Speaker 14: This summer's close may have to last you several summers more. So give them the care they need to last longer before packing those clothes away for winter. Rid them of grease spots with energen. Cleaning fluid mods attack grease spots first, you know, and if neglected, grease spots may penetrate deeply into the fabric and prove harmful to the cloth. So get out the energyen and get rid of every grease spot on the clothes you're packing away. You'll find energy in cleaning fluid removes those grease spots easily to help make your clothes last longer. This is the Columbia Broadcasting System