Speaker 1: Ripped off news you don't have.
Speaker 2: Run just as fast as we can. Shooter's gonna help come.
Speaker 1: This is the Troubleshooter Show. No Tom Martino, Welcome, welcome, my friends, to the only show of us can. We're here to solve problems, answer questions, take your complaints. Really, we just want to make your life a little bit better. You've been ripped off, taken advantage of this, my friends, is the show for you. You call three oh three Martino or three oh three seven one, three eight, two five five. We got two lines open right now. You'll get right through. We got a lot going on. I've got Deputy Dimitri, I've got Deputy Dollar, and I have got I haven't seen you forever. What's your name again? What is your name again? Oh it's Chopper, Deputy Chopper, Chopper. You haven't been in for a couple months. Man, How are you been doing well?
Speaker 3: I was sick for one month, but I'm okay.
Speaker 1: Now that's a long time. You feel better. I feel real good. You look good. Yeah, glad to hear that. So we got plenty of deputies to fight for you today. Any updates real quick, guys, anything exciting? Okay, go ahead?
Speaker 3: Deputy Chopper last week, Mark, I don't know if you were here on a Tuesday.
Speaker 1: I don't recall.
Speaker 3: Probably, Well, we had a gentleman that called in with a washing machine and he was going to use Seers to repair it, and it was seven hundred dollars to repair it.
Speaker 1: And I got the case.
Speaker 3: I talked to the gentleman and I said, you know what, I've checked a lot of box stores, and you can buy a brand new washer for how much? For less than seven hundred, for less than seven hundred, And he was going to spend seven hundred. Was it a pretty old washer? Sixteen years?
Speaker 1: Well, funny enough, sixteen years, yes, so it wouldn't be worth putting one hundred bucks in.
Speaker 3: Well, for some reason he got a hold of Seers and they said, send back the parts, We'll give you you your seven hundred, and I'm going to go buy a new washing machine.
Speaker 1: Chopper, I couldnot believe for the life of me that Sears, first of all, is still around. I thought they were completely gone. Mark, It's not Sears. I know this company they more. No, they just bought.
Speaker 4: It's some service company that bought the name Seis, brought the intellectual property. Yeah, just like craftsmen exactly. So it's got nothing to do with Sears as we used to know.
Speaker 1: It not a shame you think of. Like I go back to Wards, Montgomery Wards. My grandfather actually worked there a million years ago. And then we had, of course Sears, and then there was another big one.
Speaker 5: Ken Moore was another Seis that was.
Speaker 1: Another Seers name. But what was another big box or these catalog stores? It went away?
Speaker 6: Did you say service merchandise yet?
Speaker 1: Oh that's gone, you guys remember, like the world's largest. Actually service merchandise was interesting because they would sell music, they would sell computer stuff, they would sell a lot of stuff. How about Spiegels was that it? What the hell's Spiegels? Out east?
Speaker 5: There was a catalog, wasn't. Yeah there's catalog with.
Speaker 1: I don't remember that one. I mean it sounds familiar, but I don't remember it. God, it's just our world has changed. Amazon's changed a lot. I don't think Macy's. I think they're closing a ton of stores this year.
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, they're shutting down the one over there by Stapleton.
Speaker 1: You know, I bought just the other day. I buy almost all my clothes and Suzanne can acknowledge this. In fact, the last thing I bought outside Confirm, I don't know. Yeah, the last thing outside of Costco or closed outside of Costco would be Sam's Club. So I mean that's it. But listen, I bought a pair of Lucky jeans. Okay, you go to Macy's. How much your Luckies? I don't know. I mean, are they even still a thing?
Speaker 6: Yeah they are.
Speaker 1: I mean they're like one hundred bucks. Yeah, they're like twenty bucks at Costco. Come on, I mean, how do these people even How does nord'st them to even survive?
Speaker 5: Who buys jeans for seventy dollars a pair? That's crazy?
Speaker 1: Uh? The person to my left, the person to my left my wife, which is crazy. Three oh three seven one three a two five five. I got to warn everybody out there on something. Then I promised Randyo, go to you first. We got some lines open. Three oh three seven one three a two five five. So the people here in Colorado, and I mean are government officials. Does everybody know what Tabor is? I know everybody in this room is. So there's probably about three billion that'll be really refunded to the people of Colorado. And it happens every year. So what's crazy is this guy sent me an article and I looked it up. It's on Fox thirty one local Fox, and Monday was the first day the IRS could start accepting tax returns in Colorado. Check this out. Tell me what you guys think of this. If you want to participate in the TABOR refund, and the TABOR refund for anybody here is going to be anywhere from like seven hundred dollars, depending on how much money you make or how much you file on your taxes, all the way up to say, thirteen hundred dollars. So that's about typical. I think that's about what it was last year. You got to check a box on there. Now, Yeah, you have to opt into it. You have to opt into the table refund. Tell me that's not sneaky. Why what other reason who out there filing taxes would be like, you know what, I don't want to opt in to TABOR this year.
Speaker 4: Yeah, my suggestion is you've got to opt into the whole income tax thing.
Speaker 5: How about that?
Speaker 7: Well?
Speaker 1: Why though, isn't that that would be great? But why would you want to opt into TABOR? Is there any other reason besides who would possibly say no, I want Polish to keep the money.
Speaker 5: Oh, nobody's going to say that the state is trying to keep.
Speaker 4: The money from people who didn't know that they have to opt into that refund.
Speaker 1: It's just insane, man, I just can't play.
Speaker 5: It's pretty dirty.
Speaker 1: It's very dirty. It's a dirty trick, and you would think they would just stop doing that. I mean, it's like we voted for Tabor, it passed, and now it's just a total issue. Hey, Brooke White just joined us Red Rocks rs Brook. How's the solar business going?
Speaker 8: It's pretty wild right now?
Speaker 1: Why why is it wild? That's crazy? I would think it's slow this time of year, it's cold out.
Speaker 9: Well, with the Trump administration coming on, there's a lot of folks that have no idea what's going on with the federal tax credits or the grant programs or any of that stuff.
Speaker 8: So I think I have a meeting.
Speaker 9: Every three days trying to figure out what the next pathway is.
Speaker 1: Well, what is it at this very second? I mean none of the tax credits have gone away yet, right.
Speaker 9: No, everything's expected to stay, and the grants are actually expected to stay. So they just extended when we can file applications.
Speaker 8: So that happened yesterday. Actually wow.
Speaker 9: Yeah, so a lot of people were really nervous about it, but it's actually turning out to be a really great thing for the solar space.
Speaker 1: He was talking about more than anything was probably the electric cars that might be gone the tax credits. And I'm not saying you're an expert on that, but I mean, I assume he has said that. But he never said anything about the solar credits going away.
Speaker 9: No, not at all, and in fact just assumed it exactly. And it feels like they might actually strengthen them. So you might be right about the ev vehicles. I have no idea, but for solar itself, they're actually looking really great.
Speaker 1: So explain the grants. Is that's still going on for commercial stuff?
Speaker 9: Yeah, they actually open up a new grant, So you have one that's going to cover twenty percent, and then you still have the other one that covers fifty percent. So you could actually put both of them together if you wanted to.
Speaker 1: So seventy percent right there just.
Speaker 8: In grants, let alone the other, and.
Speaker 1: Then what would you have in tax credits.
Speaker 9: You would still get the normal sixty four percent, So thirty percent in your federal itc ten percent in your domestic and then twenty three point nine on year depreciation.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, So can you possibly still get an entire commercial system paid for? Does Colorado have any grants?
Speaker 9: They do have grants, but they're mostly tied to like nonprofits, so folks that wouldn't benefit from the tax credits.
Speaker 8: But they do have battery incentives.
Speaker 1: What does that mean, oh, for to add onto the system, just batteries.
Speaker 8: Yeah, they don't, uh, the solar part of it.
Speaker 9: They just make sure the utility company has to give you retail value for it, but they do give you credit back if you get a battery.
Speaker 1: So how much how much? Right now? If it's a commercial system, can someone expect to get paid for all in?
Speaker 9: If they're doing a grant, they can get anywhere from one hundred and eight percent to one hundred and fifty percent of it.
Speaker 1: Covered one hundred and fifty percent.
Speaker 9: Yeah, So if the project costs one hundred thousand dollars, you're talking about getting paid one.
Speaker 8: Hundred and eight to one hundred and fifty just depending.
Speaker 9: On what the solar system is benefited.
Speaker 1: We've got to dig into that because people when we talk about that in the spots for you, they think it's unbelievable. The fact, the fact you could own a quad plex or even a duplex, or any commercial property and literally get money in your pocket to put a solar system up. If you get one hundred and fifty percent? Am I not crazy? You would actually get money into your pocket or at least tax credits.
Speaker 9: Yeah, not only that, but let's say you've got tenants. Now you can charge the tenants what Excel has been doing. So it's a really good revenue.
Speaker 1: YEA, all of a sudden, you're your own Letle Electric company. Yeah, it's just hard to believe. Hey, Randy, what's going on?
Speaker 10: What?
Speaker 1: Whoa is this? Tom?
Speaker 11: No?
Speaker 1: This is Mark, Randy. What's going on? Man?
Speaker 7: Okay? Man? My mother and thirty other families before my mother's case came to bar on a probate case in a Raffles County with Judge Timothy L. Fase. He's famous for this, He's got priors. He did thirty other families before that. Anyway, he stole all my inheritance on the sol air of my mother and father's will. And I was old two hundred and forty seven, thousand.
Speaker 1: My dad's hey, Randy, where did this happen here?
Speaker 7: Oh? When did this at twenty eleven? But now the transcripts are missing from both cases, But.
Speaker 1: It's twenty eleven. I mean, what are you expecting? How are you expecting us to help you from something in twenty eleven? I just want to set expectations here.
Speaker 7: Well, he kept doing that until he retired in twenty fifteen. Judge phasing in a Rapo County.
Speaker 1: So you're saying the judge, the judge was in cahoots with who.
Speaker 7: With the court appointed lawyer, probate lawyer named Marco Sayette.
Speaker 1: So between the judge and Marco, they took your mom's inheritance and just basically stole it. Is that your accusation, that is?
Speaker 7: And I got the judge phasing with even my mom having an attorney at her own probate hearing, and I told him you're violating in their rights under sixth eighth important.
Speaker 1: All right, hold on a second, Randy, I got to take to break. I'll bring you up after this. But honestly, man, that was a lot to swallow. We got to dive into that. Uh, right after this.
Speaker 12: Go with a sure thing Denver's best roofer Excel Roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance check up free, no obligation. In comparison, call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three O three seven to seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two.
Speaker 1: All right, three O three seven one three A two five five. We have some lines opening. You've been ripped off or taken advantage of, maybe a bad contractor a bad landlord, honestly, pretty much anything. The diversity of our diversity of our phone calls is quite amazing. Over the years, we had one person we helped actually get a liver. If that doesn't sound crazy, Hey, Dimitri, what's the craziest case you've worked on?
Speaker 7: Hm?
Speaker 1: And yeah, I'm going to be asking you guys too, the craziest one. And then what do you like working on? I mean, like, I know Deputy Bow who's listening. He likes plumbing stuff because that's what he did forever. He had a plumbing company, so hvac, et cetera.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you know, I think this isn't very crazy. But I think that my favorite case so far is helping bo with a Justin Garcia case.
Speaker 1: That's an interesting one.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 4: So Justin finally got served with a lawsuit, and so this is now in o'l passo District Court. But Hollington Law Firm is representing the consumer, Carol, Do.
Speaker 1: They have money to actually go after?
Speaker 13: Well?
Speaker 4: I hope there's something, but I don't know. I mean, typically when people steal money, or allegedly steal money, it's not so they can buy stocks, you know, It's because they needed for something else.
Speaker 1: Oh of course, So Randy, Randy.
Speaker 7: That's gonna happen. Yes, sir, I'm here.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you got it. Yeah, so focus a little bit here, man. So in twenty fifteen, what exactly happened is that when the court date was or was that in twenty eleven.
Speaker 7: Court cases twenty eleven, and I got the day it was filed by my sister, and I got the court number, the case numbers, okay, but for you too.
Speaker 1: Yeah. So in twenty eleven, though, who open probate your sister.
Speaker 7: Yes, she tried to be my mom's guarding inservitor to save the money because my mom liked going to bingo and she also liked going to the slot twenty five cent slot machines up in Blackhawk at Pitzerro's Casino. And my sister was on the wheel at the time. My little brother, my two sisters and me and then my sister had gone to my dad's nursing home. Take right here, and he had dementia. And she took one of his three checkbooks out the deal out of his drawer at the nursing home.
Speaker 1: It fits Simmons, your mother or your sister who took it?
Speaker 7: My sister took to one of the three checkbooks.
Speaker 1: And what did she do?
Speaker 7: She uh, goes straight. Yes, she turned around and wrote, had my dad sign a blank piece of papers.
Speaker 1: Okay, but hold Brandy, hold on, Randy, Randy, I don't I don't need to go like through the entire four course dinner. Okay, here's what I'm trying to ask. Did your sister steal from your parents?
Speaker 7: Yeah, brand forty seven thousand, she.
Speaker 1: Stole the Okay, son, Randy, hold on, So your sister stole from your parents. Well the court did too well, hold on, but how much did your so your sister was in cahoots with the court and the attorney exactly so, and what did she do? What did she convince the judge to do? Did the will say, you've got some money? Because I assume this entire her phone call is you didn't get your share?
Speaker 7: Yeah, I'm the sole error after my sister got investigated when she filed the guardian and conservatory petition to be my mom and dad's guardian and conservator, so my mom wouldn't blow the money. And she knew. I didn't courage my mom to blow the money, you know, damn it, Doug.
Speaker 1: I swear to god, you're going in and out like you're taking the phone and moving it four feet away from you.
Speaker 7: I'm sorry, I just get out of a car from a medical vizard of.
Speaker 1: Just keep the phone, Just keep the home, Just keep the phone in the right place. So they go to court in twenty eleven. Your sister opens probate. She hires an attorney, yes or no?
Speaker 11: No?
Speaker 7: No, Yeah, she hired her own attorney. Yeah, Norm mccampbell.
Speaker 1: That'kay right, Okay, So she hires him and then they go to court. And what does the judge ultimately say, she gets all the money or what?
Speaker 7: No, the judge ultimately said, you took your dad's checkbook handed over to your mom's lawyer right now, okay, and you owed two hundred and forty seven thousand dollars to the sole era of the will, which is me.
Speaker 1: So you were the only one in the will.
Speaker 7: Yep. So after my mom found out my sister stole that money, my mom cut out my little brother and both sisters.
Speaker 1: But all the money was gone at this point, is that correct?
Speaker 7: No, all the money was still you know a guardian conservator that they pointed in a Rappo County on my mom's case, named Jeanette Goodwin.
Speaker 1: Why didn't you get the money? At that point?
Speaker 7: Nobody would give me any money, But you just said.
Speaker 1: You were the only one in the will and the money was still there being held in trust. How come you didn't get the money?
Speaker 7: Because the guardian conservator and the judge and Marcoschayette and then and the psychologists who passed my mom twice and then plunked their third time, had judge hoping told him that if he doesn't plunk my mom, we'll never get another court appointment. But the Guardian conservators and that good went along with the judge and the other characters Markushayat, and then they had control over the money. The guardian conservator.
Speaker 1: Did okay, So you didn't okay? So when did your mom pass away?
Speaker 7: Twenty fourteen?
Speaker 1: And then what happened to the money at that point? Did they burn through it? What happened?
Speaker 7: Yeah, they sold the four hundred thousand dollars condo for fifty three thousand dollars and they gave me forty two thousand of it period null one point two million that was saved in that four hundred thousand dollars condos that they sold for fifty three fifty two thousand. They gave me forty three thousand, that's what it was total. And I signed it, had to sign the paper saying that that I'm paid in full. But I put my name on there. Before I put my name on the line, I said, I'm signing this document under the rest sign my name, and then I wrote, I'm owed one point two million dollars.
Speaker 1: Yeah, none of that's gonna matter. But here's where we're at now. I mean let's say everything you're saying is correct, and at this point, everybody in the entire system is against you, right, I mean literally, the judge, everybody. There's no one not against you at this point, right.
Speaker 7: Right, I got one.
Speaker 1: Let's just say all of that's correct.
Speaker 7: State senator.
Speaker 1: Oh and the state senator is involved? No, she's on my side, my ally, okay? And what is the state story? What does the state senator say about all this? And just I know, I'm gonna wish I never asked you this, But how did a state senator become involved?
Speaker 7: Because enough complaints were made and she ended up getting back at than thirty some families before they took my mother's money. The hearing with a when't even judge pays one?
Speaker 1: And what did she do? What did she? What did the senator do for you? Did she look into the case? Did she hire an attorney a special prosecutor? What did she do or he do?
Speaker 9: What?
Speaker 7: She took all my information and she started trying to get money back from the thirty some families that came up before my mom's case and get the money back from me. And to date, she only got the money back for one family and they get ripped off for millions of dollars.
Speaker 1: And how did they get and where did that money come from? Where did they get that money for that one person?
Speaker 7: Well, they lived and asking the people. So when you live and ask and you have money, So.
Speaker 1: When you live and ask when you have money. But I guess I'm saying where did they get it? Was it in was someone? Was it in trust somewhere?
Speaker 11: Uh?
Speaker 7: Yeah, it was With Janiette Goodwin, the same task to characters.
Speaker 1: Is there anything I could google to get more information on these thirty people that a parent? We're all involved in the same thing.
Speaker 5: You were, Hey, let's call the state senator.
Speaker 1: Well what would I google to see?
Speaker 9: Though?
Speaker 7: Would Okay?
Speaker 1: Hold on? Hold on? I got an idea. I want to get Dan McKenzie on and see if he knows anything about this judge, this senator, this conservator and.
Speaker 5: The statute of limitations.
Speaker 1: Well that, of course, that's where this is all going to come down to. It's ten years later. But for the life of me, I don't know if this is absolutely crazy or if there's something there. I mean, honest to God, I mean everybody in the world. But then when he said there was twenty nine or thirty other people involved. That perked up my ears a little bit, especially if we can find something on it. Hold on.
Speaker 12: Go with a sure thing Denver's Best roofer Excel Roofing dot com.
Speaker 14: You don't pay a cent until you're content.
Speaker 12: Time for an insurance check up, no obligation comparison call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three all three seven to seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three all three nine two zero sixteen twenty two all right three all three.
Speaker 1: Seven one three A two five five. I just got to put this all together to talk to Dan mackenzie. He's on a referral list to refer a list dot com when it comes to Will's probate anything like that. I mean, he's our go to guy. Hey Dan, how are you doing?
Speaker 10: Man?
Speaker 1: Great?
Speaker 7: Are you?
Speaker 11: Uh?
Speaker 1: I'm doing pretty good. Listen. I don't want to get into the weeds on this because I think you're going to be able to answer the real question. But basically, in twenty eleven. According to the caller Randy, everybody was going after his mom's money, and in twenty eleven someone I think his sister basically became her conservator and was over her healthy other things, and bottom line, in twenty eleven, the money was put somewhere, and in twenty fourteen or fifteen, the mother died, and the person on the phone, Randy is saying, between the corrupt attorney, the corrupt sister, the corrupt judge, and other people, I mean, everybody was corrupt. He ended up only getting forty thousand dollars instead of like over a million dollars. So just to just to put it like that, and if he wants to correct me on any of that, I don't think it's gonna matter because that was twenty fourteen and fifteen. Is there anything anybody can do, including Randy, to go back ten years to do anything about it. If everything was correct, the judge, everybody was against him, and everybody was in kohudes to get the money, but him, is there anything you can do ten years later, we probably can.
Speaker 15: Look at the file and see there should be reports from the conservatorship. I mean the fact that there was a conservativeship usually part of that is a reporting at least once a year and what's been spent and received. So there should be those reports should still be somewhere. But yeah, the fact that there was a conservatorship probably makes it a little bit more challenging because there are all these notification requirements and people get told what's going on and all that kind of stuff. So if Randy can prove, hey, I was supposed to be on the list of people that was notified about what was happening, and I was not on that list, you know, maybe there is some avenue to get in there. But that'd be something that'd be something to discover that.
Speaker 1: Hey, Dan, there was another thing he brought up. He said that he found doing research. He got in touch. I'm going to bring him up here. Hey, who was his senator? Randy? What senator did you reach out to?
Speaker 7: The senator's name is Senator Laurel Woods, the Republicly.
Speaker 1: Okay, hold on, that's all I needed. That's all I needed. So apparently a carently Dan a lore would Senator law Woods at the time looked into it and she uncovered that this what the same judge who was involved in all of these other thirty thirty plus people getting ripped off.
Speaker 7: The faint Timothy L. Phasing. In fact, he's in an article in the Denver Post of July thirty first, twenty fifteen, and it's he's on the front page and then the third page, and it tells about him and a probate boyer named Camera Palmer that both were under investigation for ripping off families. I guess the article right now, Well, hold.
Speaker 1: On, that's yeah, but the article still goes ten years out of curiosity. Where did that investigation go? Was there ever an arrest? Was there ever restitution? Did anything become of it?
Speaker 7: Absolutely nothing? Okay, hold on by, like yeah, like a fat Hall. They slid by and got away with it so far?
Speaker 1: So, Dan, have you heard of any of those people?
Speaker 7: I have not. I have not. Okay, good one. First.
Speaker 1: See the problem here is, well, look, I'm just okay, Randy. Hold on, Dan, I'm just going to ask you this straight up. If he called you off air, besides probably never talking to me again, what would you tell him to do if he called you? If he called you off air and said, hey, what can you do to help? And he engaged with you? I mean, what what would you do first, I mean, honestly, or is it not even worth the call. I'm trying to figure out a route for this guy because it has been ten years. But if some of this stuff is true and he only ended up, Randy, how much do you think you should have gotten? Total?
Speaker 7: One point two million plus a four hundred thousand dollars condo in a Rapo County with Judge Fazing and the judge and Adams.
Speaker 1: Can Randy, Randy, I just wanted to ask that. So one point six million, right, No.
Speaker 7: One point two million and a four hundred thousand dollars condom.
Speaker 1: Okay, I'm okay, I get it. So, Dan, if he called you up, what would you even would you engage with him?
Speaker 7: We would?
Speaker 15: You know, we could, like I said, we could go back into the court system and just see what's available. As far as the file goes, it seems like it should be available, but you know that things will be sealed because it is a conservative ship, so they don't just let everyone look at that and write out any restriction. So that's an issue that we'd have to get over. But I'm pretty confident we could. Uh, you know, the bigger issue is something you probably talk a lot about which is winning a lawsuit is half the battle. I meany we pursue this thing, and then you know, you win everything, Randy, and get exactly what you want as far as the court goes.
Speaker 7: And let me let me.
Speaker 14: Brandy.
Speaker 1: Let him listen, Randy, here's how he was going to finish at Just let us talk. He was going to finish like, even if you get a judgment, where do you think the money is?
Speaker 7: God the only knows.
Speaker 1: So I guess what I'm saying is, do you want to spend And I'm gonna exaggerate here if you had it, would you spend one hundred thousand dollars to get a million dollar judgment? But the other parties don't have the million dollars, so you end up getting nothing.
Speaker 7: Well, Judge Basin's got the money, and there's no stature of limitation in forgery in the Colorado statutory Here's.
Speaker 1: What I'm gonna do. Here's what I'm going to suggest, Randy, Honest to God, you know what something's there. Listen. I might think you're a little off base. I'm not exactly sure what happened. Generally speaking, when everybody and their mother is involved, there is some issues there. But honestly, if there's newspaper articles and everything you're talking about, and this judge was part of it, there might be some money to go after. So I'm going to suggest you call Dan. Dan when you talk about a conservativeship in unsealing it, I mean basically, you go and petition the court and that's like literally a case right there in order to get it open. Correct.
Speaker 15: It could be yeah, or maybe there's some way for me to appears as an attorney in that case. Nokay, access those documents, but I'd have to I'd have to look in at that a little bit.
Speaker 11: Yeah.
Speaker 1: The bottom line is, Randy, I want you to call Dan, honest to goodness, I want you to call Dan and talk to him, and then you know, follow up with us. Dan McKenzie eight three three co plans. Dan, As always, I appreciate you coming on and anybody out there, Honestly, if you just need a simple will or you know, a complicated trust or a simple trust, or you don't know, probably more importantly, you don't know exactly what you need. Maybe you just add kids, maybe you just got remarried, now you have a blended family. I mean There's so many different reasons to call Dan. Some of his stuff is actually flat rate pricing, which I love. He'll sit with you, he'll talk to you, he'll tell you what you need, and he'll tell you how much. At Stan McKenzie, he's our expert right here eight three three co plans eight three three co plans or coplans dot Co. Randy, please get in touch with Dan and then follow up with us on the air. Anna and Dougs, you guys are up next right here on the Troubleshooter Show.
Speaker 12: Go with a sure thing Denver's Best roofer Excel Roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Wait time for an insurance checkup free, no obligation. In comparison, call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three oh three seven seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two.
Speaker 1: All right, three oh three seven one three A two five five. We got some lines open three zero three Martino, you've been ripped off or just need some advice. Hey Doug, what's going on with you?
Speaker 7: All right?
Speaker 16: This is kind of a follow up coffee yesterday.
Speaker 1: I'm sure I was that asked if I had.
Speaker 17: Sent for a small claim corder to ask if I had sent out a letter to let the renters know they would not get their deposit back, and I reginally said no. But then I told this to my wife and she said no, you said, well it is out.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you pretty much have to if you don't either refund the deposit. And this goes down to the actual lease. It's either sixty days or I think it can be extended to ninety days. In a written lease, it might be thirty and sixty. But if you don't send it back, they can actually go for trouble damages of not receiving it.
Speaker 16: So I did send it out and found the copy of the stapework on the computer and really outside, so I know I did that paper out and I'd say a scent that certified melt to make sure they did get Hey.
Speaker 1: Doug, you got to catch me up a little bit, though I think I missed this call. I was on all day yesterday. But I don't recall this. So you kicked them, you kicked them out, or you gave them Actually, I think I do remember this. You actually put up a ten or thirty day notice, right.
Speaker 16: I did a thirty day notice. They kept being late, pain rant shart three weeks late, and I said, this is nothing that I kept getting complaints from HOA on them as well. Yeah, noise and garbage and so forth. I've got to be done with this. Yeah, after there's so much damage was done, I said, it's going to take me a year to recover from the damages.
Speaker 1: So hey, give me an idea of the damages in your unit. Was it like, was it a house, was it a duplex? Was it a condo? What is it?
Speaker 16: It's a town home? So I upstairs and downstairs a little bar one thousand square footed. But they both the husband and wife had anger issues because there is they broke every single door in the house, including the storm door.
Speaker 1: You mean like get them down pretty much.
Speaker 16: There was holes in the door where a fist would go, hold the door where a foot would go.
Speaker 17: That doesn't that doesn't matter.
Speaker 16: If it was the bathroom doors, closet door.
Speaker 1: How many doors did they ruin like every door, pretty much.
Speaker 16: Literally everything, what else except for the the sink?
Speaker 1: How do you ruin a sink?
Speaker 16: They bust well, not only did they chip up the sink.
Speaker 1: Like a ceramic sink.
Speaker 16: Yeah, they busted off the the sink handles off, at least one of them.
Speaker 1: Do you think they did that on purpose? Is this like after the game?
Speaker 16: I gave thirty days then some of the damage I think they probably had done somewhere the long line, I'm stupid. I'll take the blame. I didn't check up on them on a regular basis.
Speaker 1: How long? How long were they in there?
Speaker 16: They were actually there for four years?
Speaker 1: Did they screw you during COVID? Did you get paid?
Speaker 16: They paid me and that's what they paid me late, but they always paid me, so I put up with it. Yeah, but after so much time after COVID was over, they still wouldn't pay me on time, and they kept making it later and later later.
Speaker 1: So this is it's gotta be so hard to be a landlord in this state now.
Speaker 16: So I got out for partly that reason.
Speaker 1: So they pack up, they leave. After you put up the notice to vacate the property, and you go in there, you see all the damage. What's the dollar amount of the damage roughly roughly? Yeah, don't go crazy?
Speaker 16: What is they claim all of it? Because of what we call it is? I can't claim carpet. I mean the carpet was just destroyed. Yeah, and it's so bad. I had personally take the carpet out before new carpetonstallers would come in.
Speaker 1: They wouldn't even pull it out.
Speaker 7: It was.
Speaker 16: It's stunk too bad.
Speaker 1: That's unbelievable. Can you imagine a carpet guy coming in, Suzanne and saying, Oh, this stinks so bad, you're gonna have to pull it out. That's nasty. What did it stink from to they have pets?
Speaker 16: They apparently did not have pets, so I'm not sure what if they had.
Speaker 1: Stunk from them? Hold on, hold on, man, hold on. I want to get into the small claims aspect of it after this. Three oh three Martino, two lines open, three oh three Martino.
Speaker 12: Go with a sure thing Denver's Best roofer Excel roofing dot com.
Speaker 14: You don't pay a cent until you're content.
Speaker 12: Time for an insurance check up, free no obligation comparison call Compass insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies. Find Out Now three oh three seven to seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two.
Speaker 2: Ripped off News need advice? Who you don't have?
Speaker 11: Come?
Speaker 9: Run in just as fast as we can.
Speaker 2: Shooter's gonna help coming man.
Speaker 1: This is the Troubleshooter Show Now, Tom Martinez, welcome my friends to the only show if it's gad. We're here to solve problems, answer questions, take complaints, make your life a little bit better, educate you, teach you how to save money, and really help you with any problem you have. We have a list of experts, attorneys, contractors, and just great people, including Dennis for that matter at referral list dot com. One of our referral Lists dot Com members is in today with us Brooke White, and we're going to talk about solar How to get a free system, How to get a solar system that you can actually not only get paid for, but start making money on from day one. And I know everybody's like there's no way that's impossible. I'm telling you it's absolutely true, and we're going to dig into that. Please join us on YouTube. By the way, you can go to YouTube dot com type in Troubleshooter Network. You'll see us. We're live. You can actually watch past shows. You get to hear us during the breaks talk about other things, sometimes stuff we can't talk about on these wonderful airwaves. Susanne.
Speaker 6: Oh, you like a potty mouth, you gotta go to our pottymouth, Mark, you gotta go to our YouTube to hear that.
Speaker 1: You know. I put a poll up one time and I actually said on YouTube, somebody came on someone wrote a hate mail to me. I get those occasionally, and you know what I found out about hate mail. They're the ones that hang on to every word you say. I mean literally, this guy was like, I can't believe you said that word during the break. I know it's YouTube, but you shouldn't be able to cuss anywhere. Blah blah blah blah wa wa. So that's what this guy say. So I go on YouTube and I know he's listening because he's talking about on YouTube, and I a poll. I said, shit, Tom, and I stop cussing all together on YouTube ninety six ninety seven percent was no. I mean it's amazing people like listen, I don't care who you are. People are real. There's certain things we can't say over these airwaves. But my goodness, I mean you can see that kind of backside if you go to YouTube dot com. Oh, shush, backside. Okay, Hey, I'm gonna have Suzanne open the show up probably next hour, the third hour, so that's gonna be kind of cool. We're gonna start making her get more involved in the Troubleshooter show. She does a ton behind the scenes, don't give me wrong. In fact, she puts People don't know this, honestly, you put all the guests together. Forget about the business part of it. You run the businesses, but for the show itself, you actually put all the guests together.
Speaker 8: That's correct.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you basically direct Kelly for the most part. I mean she does everything herself.
Speaker 8: But yes, cover Kelly now and then two.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's fun. Yep.
Speaker 8: I had that job for years, Mark. A lot of people don't know that for ten years, nine years.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I know you did.
Speaker 8: Four Kelly took it over.
Speaker 1: Hey, three oh three, seven one, three, eight, two, five, five, Any questions, problems, complaints? Three oh three Martino, we got lines open, Doug. I'm going to come right back to you Brook. You know, talking about women business owners, Suzanne actually owns quite a few businesses, no kidding. How many prior to Red Rocks Rs have you owned? Is this your first business that you've owned, Yes, it is. Where did you come from? What did you do before? Was it still solar?
Speaker 18: Yep?
Speaker 8: It was.
Speaker 9: It was just more on the sales and administrative side of things. So when I open up the new shop, I know, I knew I wanted to bring installation in so that where we're a.
Speaker 8: One stop shop.
Speaker 1: So you guys do everything you do the new sales, commercial, residential you do of course repair for any solar system. What do you find goes wrong in a solar system, let's say, after I don't know, ten years, I mean, give me an idea of what people face. And I don't care if it's commercial or residential. But what starts going wrong? Do panels go out after a period of time? Inverters? I mean, what is it? Yeah?
Speaker 8: So your inverters are going to be your fallpoint?
Speaker 7: Yeah?
Speaker 1: How many yours typically are they good for?
Speaker 10: Uh?
Speaker 8: For commercial, I would say probably ten.
Speaker 9: Residential they can lost up to twenty five okay, but anybody that installs an inverter, the inverting companies usually have a manufacturer warranty from you know, twenty to twenty five years.
Speaker 1: Now, you if you went out to someone's house who had a problem with solar right now, let's say somebody calls you up from Highlands Ranch, you're Parker wherever, it doesn't matter, and you go out there, you look at it. It's an inverter, and you know it's under warranty. Do you can you get the part warranty? Then you just charge them labor. I mean typically, how does it work?
Speaker 8: Yeah, one hundred percent, exactly like what you just said.
Speaker 9: So if we get called out to another spot and it's an inverter, it's an easy warranty claim. It usually takes about one to two weeks for that to happen, depending on the inverting company, en Phase and solar edge, you might even have that new inverter in three days.
Speaker 8: They're really quick.
Speaker 9: If they are one of our clients, then we do all of that work for thirty years for free.
Speaker 1: Period.
Speaker 8: Yeah, it's part of the contract.
Speaker 14: Yeah.
Speaker 1: So, and the reason I asked after so many people, I don't care if it's a new build from a home builder Track Homes, I don't care if it's someone that bought it ten, fifteen, twenty years ago. Most of the solar companies are out of business. I mean there's a lot of people. Now. You have Tassela, and you have some other ones. But I mean, seriously, we have seen on this show so many solar companies come and go. It's crazy. And typically their model is a lot different than yours. Typically they're either the sales arm only, so they go out, knock on the door, sell it. Then they bring in the installation company and you're dealing with multiple different people the whole time. So if something goes wrong, they all point the fingers at each other and typically those go away. The sound aspect or it is the installation companies. They're out there. It's a contractor that works for these sales companies, and they go through different subs like crazy, and all of a sudden they can either keep up, or they don't know what they're doing, or a combination of everything, and then that happens. But you guys, actually everything's in house.
Speaker 8: Yep, everything's done in house. And then I also.
Speaker 9: Control production at a really high level because thanks to you guys, we've had a ton of business and a ton of opportunities. But I think one of the biggest things is that we're growing really slow. So the projects we take on, in the way that we coordinate them, we make sure we do it in a controlled manner.
Speaker 1: That way you have to.
Speaker 9: That way, the labor that's working on your projects that they're skilled, they know what we're doing.
Speaker 8: We're not just throwing somebody green on your projects.
Speaker 9: And I think that makes a big difference, is that we're looking at people over profit.
Speaker 1: You keep the quality control. There's been times, in fact, I remember Suzanne and I were in where were we we were down in We were at a beach somewhere on a long road trip, and still picture the restaurant we were at. What was in North Carolina? We went to what the heck was that place called? We were oh, Hilton Head, Yeah, we were in Hilton Head. And I got a call from you. No, I had to call you over something. I called you over something and she's like, hold on, I'm up on a roof. So literally she's up there like doing inspections from her own people. So like after they're done with the install and before the inspectors come out and doing the actual install, Brooks up there doing this stuff. And I was like, are you serious, because at that point, that was like a year and a half ago. At that point I thought, kind of you were in the office, you were doing some of the sales, but you're you're totally hands on with your business.
Speaker 9: Oh yeah, absolutely, it's a big connection point. I mean, folks time, Folks trust you. It's a thirty year investment. So I want to make sure that they know that they can trust me.
Speaker 1: And we're going to talk about those systems commercial literally, how you can get the whole thing paid for. Hey, Doug, So I'm going to just get everybody caught up real quick. You add some tenants, you put up a get the hell out of my apartment or I'm sorry, my town home signed. You started the eviction process, They packed up, they left, you walk in. They damage every single door, interior door in there. The carpet was totaled. Hey do you think they were doing You said they didn't have pets, but the carpet was so bad. What do you think it was bad from like them just spilling like food, like sweat. I mean a math, I mean, what was wrong with the carpet. I'm just curious.
Speaker 16: There was more stains on that carpet than you can imagine. And the smell. It's like they did have two two kids. I'm sure that They'm sure there's a lot of food stains, but it was more than food stains.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I gotcha. It was everything too.
Speaker 16: Even though the the least said no drugs, I don't think they really cared.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but you would. You would know if there was remnants of cooking or something. I would assume.
Speaker 11: So I'm not.
Speaker 1: What it was.
Speaker 16: I'm mix lot of them things when I when it's done, all done and send this told the play. So it was a little over fifteen thousand dollars in damages?
Speaker 1: Oh wow, Well how much was the security deposit? You kept?
Speaker 16: Fifteen hundred?
Speaker 1: So do you know where they live now? I mean, could you serve them?
Speaker 16: That's that's my problem is is I'm not sure where they're at right now. I did a check on the internet and I believe they're in Westminster. Yeah, So what's the process is to go to serve them? And what can I can't try.
Speaker 1: Well anybody, anybody, but you, for the most part, can serve them. So like Suzanne, did you give everybody an idea? Suzanne is served people for me and people might argue, oh, she's your wife, but I'm telling you, long as she's not named in the lawsuit, is one of the plane if she can serve for me. So Suzanne has served plenty for me and vice versa. Honestly, you can have a friend serve but the first thing you want to do is find them. You don't want to hire a process server if you don't know where they are. There's no purpose in it. So you got to figure out where they are. I served one guy on a golf course years ago for Deputy Dan where knew where he worked, and I showed up and basically walked the golf course till I found him working on one of the greens and walked up and served the guy. So you got to figure out either where they work or whatever. Then you can have virtually anybody serve them and that's it. But there's no I wouldn't do it. If you don't know where they're at. You could probably you can find a skip tracer somewhat cheap. Suzanne might know someone that can help, and what they can do is look and see if they can find a residence or a job, in other words, figure out where they work.
Speaker 14: Mark, let's backtrack a.
Speaker 6: Little bit, because his damages were fifteen grand ish, and you know you can only do small claims up to seventy five hundred.
Speaker 8: There, Doug.
Speaker 16: One of the damage was they and I don't know entirely they're called, but the furnace went bad, but they never change the filter.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you're not gonna I don't think you're gonna get them on maintenance because honestly you probably should have been doing that. But I mean that would all be addressed in the least. But what Suzanne says is important. You can only go seventy five hundred. So that's what I would do. Go after for seventy five hundred, Keep the furnace out of that, keep all the stuff that would be arguable, holes in the door, holes in the drywall, damage like that. They're not going to be able to argue in front of a judge. But so you find where they are, you fill out the paperwork. I think it's JDF two fifty you just fill it out. It's pretty easy. It's intriplicate right on the website for dot gov or for Colorado dot up. You fill it out. I can give you the link to it, and you serve them with it. And after you serve them with it, if they don't show up to court, and a lot of these deadbeats don't show up, you'll get a default judgment. Now, what people don't realize is after you get to default judgment, then you've got to go serve them with interrogatories, which means where's the money, what job do you have, what property you deal on, what's going on with your life? So then you got to serve them again with interrogatories. They have thirty days to answer to the court their bank account information or everything. If they lie or don't fill them out, and a lot of people lie and a lot of people don't fill them out, then they can be held in contempt. Once they're held in contempt, the judge can put a bench a bench warrant out for them. But once again you got to go out and serve them a third time with the bench war with the bench warrant order. So there's a lot of work to it. But the good news is you could end up putting them in jail for that seventy five hundred bucks. They would hold them on a bond for exactly whatever that judgment's for in your case, seventy five hundred plus whatever available interest is or recrude interest in that period of time. So, I mean, that's basically how it works, Doug. But before anything, you got to find them. That's the number one thing. So people out there, we talk about collections and if people don't have money, you know, if you're throwing a lot of money with an attorney, it generally would never be worth it. But when it's small claims and it's fifty five bucks, they can end up in jail if you're diligent about going after him. That's the coolest part. I thought you were going to say something, Dmitri. I know you've gone to small claims court a lot.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 4: I actually went through this process exactly a year ago, and the judge did issue a bench warrant for the defendant and the cash only bond was set in the amount of the judgment that I got against the defendant.
Speaker 1: We had one one time from a caller, J. Lopez. This guy was the biggest dirt bag, not the caller. He'd go out and just outright rip people off. He'd say, yeah, new driveway is a cement guy. New driveway is going to be five thousand. He'd give you a price that's unbelievable. I can start in a week, but I need twenty five hundred up front. Never see him again. We tracked him down. We had one caller, went through all these steps. I was the guy that served him every time, and he finally got picked up by Denver because I got involved. He was in Douglas County on a criminal charge, so I knew. I called up Denver and said, you got a bench warn out for this guy. He's literally in the taj Mahal in front of a judge right now, and you guys can come get them or tell them to hold them in, come get them. They weren't gonna do it. I start talking about it on the air, and all of a sudden, they changed your mind and he ended up being held for exactly that amount. Problem was listen to this. Yeah, he didn't have any money, and after thirty days or forty five days, it was a nice little stay. He had a nice little vacation. They let him out, but he still owed the money.
Speaker 5: Not legal advice. What do you mean we're not giving out legal advice.
Speaker 1: Oh, that's just that's factual. That's exactly how it works. So, Doug, you got any other questions, because I'm gonna cut you loose, brother.
Speaker 15: One question?
Speaker 16: Yea them for my hours that I personally spent to fix the place.
Speaker 1: It's not gonna matter because you're gonna have seventy five hundred bucks. Yeah, you're just gonna say, replacing five to wors with seventy five hundred bucks with the drywall repairs, everything else. I mean, just come up with seventy five hundred bucks. Yeah, it doesn't matter if you do it yourself. I mean you still had to buy the doors. I doubt you went out back and cut the trees.
Speaker 17: Nope.
Speaker 16: I did hire a handyman to help out.
Speaker 1: Yeah, just get a receipt from him for X amount. But you can only sue for that seventy five hundred in small claims.
Speaker 16: Not a problem though.
Speaker 1: All right, man, you got any more questions after that, just email us at help in troubleshooter dot com and follow up with us. A lot of people talk about doing everything we talked about, but they never do it. Listen three O three seven one three a two five five. We're gonna have some open lines. Three oh three, Martino, I want to hear from you. I want to sink my teeth into a bad contractor if you've been ripped off.
Speaker 12: Go with a sure thing Denver's best roofer Excel Roofing dot com.
Speaker 14: You don't pay a cent until you're content.
Speaker 12: Time for an insurance check up, no obligation comparison call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three all three, seven to seven to one.
Speaker 1: Help.
Speaker 12: You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance. Three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two.
Speaker 1: All right, three oh three seven one three eight two five five. First time we got lines open today, three oh three Martino. Now, Brooke, I'm going to put you on the spot with this uh commercial commercial solar stuff. The bottom line is with grants and tax credits. Let's say it's a what is the average cost of a commercial solar system? I know that's a ridiculous question, but you've done ones that are over a million. Yeah.
Speaker 8: Yeah, I mean it really just depends on your space.
Speaker 1: Guy, an idea of one either going on right now that you have got almost one hundred percent if not more paid for, and how much was it?
Speaker 9: Yeah, So anytime you tie any grants to the project, that's when you can get a hundred plus US paid for. Regardless of where the commercial project is installed. In Colorado, you get sixty four percent of it cover through government benefits, whether it's tax credits or depreciation. So then you're just finding different grants or things to fill up.
Speaker 1: The gap of it got thirty six exactly.
Speaker 9: So we have a project right now that's a non for profit and they service low income and they're actually receiving one hundred and thirty seven.
Speaker 1: Percent of it covered. So give us an idea of what the system is. Is it like on a house, is it on a building? What is it? Just basics?
Speaker 9: Yeah, so this is a low income apartment complex. So they've got twenty plus buildings that were adding the solar system too.
Speaker 8: It's about a million and a half dollar project.
Speaker 1: How much out of how many units would you say it is.
Speaker 8: Uh that one.
Speaker 9: I believe they've got ninety No, it's twenty buildings.
Speaker 8: Sorry, you have to forgive me.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and they're putting them on all buildings.
Speaker 11: Yeah.
Speaker 8: I would assume that they probably have like three hundred units at least.
Speaker 9: Okay, yeah, I mean it's not very I don't really look at the units. I just look at what the electrical as. I apologize, guys.
Speaker 1: That's right. So you put it on top of each building. Yep, so you're building that out. Boy, that seems cheap for that a million and a half or whatever. So you got sixty four percent of it covered local government.
Speaker 9: Uh, sixty four percent of it covered by federal government, and then the locals coming in with some benefits as well as those grant projects that are locally and federal.
Speaker 1: So bottom line, you're getting one hundred and thirty percent of it.
Speaker 9: They're getting one hundred and thirty seven percent of it paid for. Yeah, so if the project was a million dollars, they're getting paid three hundred and seventy thousand to do it. Plus they get to charge their tenants for the power, so now they have to sorry.
Speaker 1: No, no, I just people listening out there think about that. Not only do they get the solar system, they own it. It's for free. They're putting almost three hundred and seventy thousand dollars in their pocket, or they're using it for you know, write offs.
Speaker 9: Yep, it's tax credits, h exactly, So they get that three seventy back, plus they get to charge whatever the utility is at eighty percent.
Speaker 8: So if the utility company, you.
Speaker 1: Can't charge whatever, you can't charge one hundred percent.
Speaker 8: These guys are low income.
Speaker 9: That's why they have to charge eighty percent.
Speaker 1: Is that how they qualified for some of those grants too?
Speaker 8: Exactly?
Speaker 9: Yeah, So it just depends on the case, because you could charge as much or more than the utility when you take over that.
Speaker 8: It's up to you and what you would want to do with your.
Speaker 1: Tenants, unless if you had an example like that where you're getting some of the money because it is low income.
Speaker 8: Exactly.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's still amazing. So now going forward they will make how much do you think they'll make monthly? Not only are they saving the low income people money because they're only charging eighty percent of what they would be paying, right.
Speaker 8: Yep, they're saving them money.
Speaker 1: How much do you think that how much do you think they're going to be billing out each month that they put in their pocket.
Speaker 9: So this specific case is in Excel territory. If Excel increases their rates at a three percent inflationary these folks are going to make over thirty million dollars on this project.
Speaker 1: Over how many years?
Speaker 8: Twenty years?
Speaker 1: Oh my god, how much?
Speaker 8: Thirty million?
Speaker 9: Thirty I totally understand that this sounds way fake.
Speaker 1: It's insane.
Speaker 9: Yeah, no, you look at these financialism people.
Speaker 1: Are how much how much a month like this year? Forget about the three percent over a twenty year period, I mean, what are these guys going to be billing out for electricity that they're not paying for the day got for free? Each month?
Speaker 9: Whatever they're gonna it's eighty percent of whatever Excel is charging.
Speaker 8: So i'd have to look on those this.
Speaker 1: Total ballpark like twenty grand a month. I mean what are we talking here?
Speaker 9: Initially, probably less because you're thinking over twenty years every year at a three percent increase, that's where you're seeing a lot more of the income is towards the end of it.
Speaker 8: Of course, Yeah, you're definitely making money.
Speaker 9: Right away, especially because the solar system's paid for.
Speaker 1: Now if it wasn't low cost, and someone has For an example, I'm trying to think of some Okay, I own Goodyear stores forever. Some of the buildings I owned, Yeah, so some of them I rented, some of them my own. But now we're talking true commercial properties. So let's take a good Year that sits right down here in front of Microcenter. In fact, I used to own that one. I sold that to Colorado Land. So let's say that building I own it. I don't now, but let's say I did, and I wanted to put solar on there. I want to know how much you could get paid for it, and then how much I'd be saving. But I got to take this break before h Shannon Yell's at me three oh three seven one three.
Speaker 12: Talk Go with a sure thing Denver's Best Roofer Excel roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance checkup free, no obligation. In comparison, call Compass insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies. Find out now three oh three seven to seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate man dot com to list your home with remat Alliance three all three nine two zero sixteen twenty two.
Speaker 1: All right three all three seven one three eight two five five. You've been ripped off taking advantage of We're going to go back to brook in a minute, but calls are always going to come first. Hey, Natalie, what's going on with you skylights? Hopefully we can help you out.
Speaker 19: Yeah, Hi, Hey, I had a couple skylights installed in twenty twenty three. Okay, just before I moved out of my home and made it a rental home. The skylights that were there had they were like the bubble skylights, and they had some hail damage. So I went ahead and called UH company to have them come out and.
Speaker 11: Replace the skylights.
Speaker 19: They came out, replaced the skylights. There was also some some leaking into.
Speaker 1: The house after hold on, Natalie, let me, I want to clarify a few things. One, so back in twenty twenty three, you said hail damage. Today you I don't know if it was the same company or not. They do want to know that answer. But did they do your roof as well? So you had your roof done with the hell claim and and the skylights done or was it an insurance claim or what what happened? Give me a little there.
Speaker 19: Was I did not do an insurance claim, just replace the skylights.
Speaker 1: Okay, that's fine, And so you paid cash for it.
Speaker 11: Frecked.
Speaker 1: And then after they did them, they started leaking.
Speaker 19: There was some leakage beforehand, which was also an incentive for me to replace them.
Speaker 13: Got it so.
Speaker 19: So that the skylight company knew that there had been some leaking into the into the into the home.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 19: So they came out and they replaced the skylights. They were they ended up having to be special ordered, and because they were a special sized and they were a pretty significant cost.
Speaker 1: And what is that significant costs? Roughly, if I recall.
Speaker 19: It was around thirteen hundred dollars a skylight.
Speaker 1: So what would the total be? I mean, how much did you have all together in the project that you paid them?
Speaker 19: You know, I'd have to look it up, but there was two three skylights that were.
Speaker 1: Replaced, so like six grand A little.
Speaker 19: I want to say it maybe around maybe around four okay?
Speaker 1: Perfect, So around four grand, okay, so let's keep going. That was all in twenty twenty three, I get it, yep.
Speaker 19: So I get a tenant in and in early twenty twenty four, the tenant complains that that the skylight is leaking. It's leaking, So, you know, I get a hold of this company and they say, oh, well you didn't. You didn't hire us to replace the flashing if the skylights are covered in the warranty, but the flashing isn't. And I'm thinking, well, don't you have to go?
Speaker 1: That's the most hold on Natalie. If they actually said that to you, it's asinine. In fact, I almost find that hard to believe. Although I believe you, But I want to ask brook White something with red rock Solar. You know, red rock stands for roofing in solar. You come across skylights every day. So have you ever heard of a skylight company that would blame not putting the flashing when they installed them and they installed them right. You didn't buy the parts and have someone else install them, right, Natalie, they install them right?
Speaker 20: Get broke.
Speaker 1: Just give me your opinion on that.
Speaker 9: Yeah, So skylights usually leak because they don't do the flashing correctly, and it is one hundred percent their fault. They should know that if they put in new skylights that they need to have the flashing as well.
Speaker 8: I've never heard of it as being split.
Speaker 1: And they literally told you they hired they were hired by you to install the skylights, not the flashing.
Speaker 19: I literally have an email from them here.
Speaker 1: Can you send that to me?
Speaker 19: I absolutely can, Natalie.
Speaker 1: I really want to see that in writing, because it might be the dumbest thing I have heard this year. Now, granted it's an early year, but that might be the dumbest thing that would be, Like, well, you hired us to put the tire on the wheel for your car, but not the wheel back onto the car or tighten it down. You didn't hire us to tighten down your lug nuts. You hired us to repair your tire. It's like the dumbest thing I ever heard. Hold on, and Natalie, I appreciate you holding and I have a feeling we're going to get dis handled for you. But if I don't take this break, I run up against the end of the show. But you hold tight, Paul, you hold tight, and whoever's on three, we're going to figure out what's going on with the skylight because I can't believe it Kelly, please give her an email to get that. I want to see that email. I've got to see that for myself. Hold on, this is gonna be nuts.
Speaker 12: Go with a sure thing Denver's Best roofer Excel Roofing dot com.
Speaker 14: You don't pay a cent until you're contenth.
Speaker 12: Time for an insurance check up free no obligation comparison call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three oh three seven to seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two.
Speaker 1: You know three oh three seven one three eight two five five? Uh, you know? You Brook our guest and Deputy Dimitri. We're telling me about a particular King Soupers that is downtown, and I guess it's quite the feat to get in and out of there with your groceries. But right now I'm going to go back to Natalie. Hey, Natalie, did you send us that email? Kelly? Did we get that email from her? Kelly? Kelly, Kelly?
Speaker 11: Yet?
Speaker 8: Not yet?
Speaker 1: I was on the thumb. Sorry, Natal, that's all right, Natalie. Did you send that to Kelly yet or did she tell you where to send it?
Speaker 21: I don't have an email yet, That's right.
Speaker 1: I want you to send it to help HLP at troubleshooter dot com. And I'm want to look at that this second. I get it, So I don't want you to go anywhere. I'm going to put you back on hold. I have a feeling we might be able to get this literally taken care of today. So they're refusing the bottom line is this Skylight company is basically saying it's your own fault when they install them. You didn't ask for flashing, and this was all in twenty twenty three. Now they're linking the leaking and how much is it going to be to have them fixed?
Speaker 19: You know, I'm not sure. I've had two people go out, or my property management company has had two people go out, and no one's really been able to come up with a solution.
Speaker 1: What do you mean what kind of solution you would you would pull them out, you would put the proper flashing in and then put it back. I mean, what kind of solution, what's the what do they want to call them. I mean, like, literally, what what what kind of solution are they thinking of?
Speaker 21: I don't I didn't even have a solution. I don't have a proposal or anything from from any company. So that's what I was hoping to Skylight. The people that I use y, you know, would would go back and fix it. Now, I did pull up the initial quote and I don't know why, but it's it specifically does state no flashing, and it just doesn't make any sense to me why they would not include flashing.
Speaker 1: And it makes absolutely zero sense. I do you have that original quote as well? And actually what I really like to see is the invoice. You know, it's so stupid. And here's why there's people out there right now going, oh, well the original quote said no flashing. Who cares? That doesn't matter. She's not the Skylight expert. When I go out and buy something, I'm not an expert on Let's just say I go out and buy a roof. How about if the roofer says, well, you know what, down there in the small print it says no flashing, Well, that would be idiotic. What HAPs if it has no barrier, no ice barrier? But yet it calls for it. I mean, did they pull a permit? Brook? Do you generally got to pull a permit when you put in new skylights?
Speaker 8: Yeah, if you do a roof repair or something like that.
Speaker 1: Yes, you don't have the Did they pull a permit? Natalie?
Speaker 19: They don't.
Speaker 13: I don't know if they.
Speaker 21: I don't think they pulled a permit.
Speaker 11: No.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean you would have known because literally on your door, the permit would have been there. So hold on. I want that email. I want you to send it to help a troubleshooter dot com. So Natalie, here's what I want. I want that email where they talk about the flashing. I want the original quote if you have it. If that's fine, you already told us what it said, and then the actual invoice. Does that make sense?
Speaker 7: Yep?
Speaker 11: Got it.
Speaker 1: I want you to send that, but I want you to hold on. I this is one of these ones. I would really like to get dishandled. I'd also like a second opinion. We talked to in studio Brooke White, but Kelly next hour, I would like to get on. I'm trying to think who would be perfect for this. I'd really like an attorney. I mean, I know what a roofer is gonna say, let's get Jay Brant's for the heck of it if we can, or a sun But Brooke, I mean, do you understand what I'm saying. Even if they said flashing not included, it's not her job to understand this. She's going with the skylight company.
Speaker 9: They can't do that because anybody that says that you don't add flashing tow a.
Speaker 8: Skylight knows that the roof's gonna leak and you're gonna have issues.
Speaker 9: And there's there's no way that would acceptable. Yeah, and Natalie, if you want, totally up to you, but I can have guys out there within the week, maybe the next two days to put together for fixes it.
Speaker 1: Hold on, we're going to go there for sure. But what I would like to do, No, we're gonna go there for sure. If anything, I would like you to go out there and just verify everything and then give her a quote. That's great, But I'm going to figure out who these people are, and I really don't understand how they could possibly do this, Brooke. I mean, they either need to pay a good company like you guys to fix it, or they got to fix it. I just can't believe it's going to be in writing from a skylight company that they're not going to use flashing and that they didn't pull a permit. If that part's correct, can you look up if we get her address, if they pulled a permit retro.
Speaker 8: Yeah, absolutely, very easily, you know what.
Speaker 1: So, so, Kelly, here's another thing. She's going to email three things. She knows that I gave her the email. The other thing I want from her is her address, unless if it's on one of those, we're going to see if they actually pulled a permit. Hey, Natalie, you just hang in there. We're going to help you out here. I, honest to goodness, can't believe this company.
Speaker 11: You know.
Speaker 1: Three O three seven one three A two five five. Hey, Mike, you hold on. Franz got a question on a housing inspector. Paul's got a problem with service of some sort. We've got a lot cooking right here on the Troubleshooter show, a lot going on three oh three, Martino. The other thing is hold on third hour. Suzanne's going to open the show up. You heard me, She heard me, y'all heard me. Everybody holds tight.
Speaker 12: Go with a sure thing, Denver's best roofer Excel Roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're contenth time for an insurance check up free, no obligation. In comparison, call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out Now three oh three seven seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two.
Speaker 1: Ripped up.
Speaker 11: News so you don't have.
Speaker 2: Come running as fast as we can. Shooter's gonna help.
Speaker 11: Come man, this is.
Speaker 1: The Troubleshooter Show. No Tom Martinez, welcome my friends to the Only show. If it's kind of here to solve problems, answer questions, take complaints if you've been ripped off. We love helping people. We're helping Natalie right now. We've got some stuff going on in the background. She had skylights, and I'm saying this recap for two reasons. One, I have Jay Brett's listening. But basically she had skylights installed in twenty twenty three, just as Skylights replaced and the company that replaced him did not put flashing around him, and literally put this this is a little crazy on the estimate, literally put no flashing. But when you install skylights, you have to put flashing around them. So my contention, and I want to get Jay Brett's opinion. I already got Brooke White's opinion. She's in studio with this as our solar expert. She also ends up doing roofing occasionally her team because that's where solar panels are. So I wanted to get a secondary look at this. Jay Brett's First of all, have you ever ran into skylights where you would not put flashing around them when you replace them?
Speaker 18: Hey, Mark, So there is a very janky type of skylight out there. Normally it's going to be on manufactured homes and the plastic is put directly into the shingles and so that has no flashing on it at all. We won't even touch those. If somebody's not willing to replace that and put a frame around it with the flashing, we won't touch it. So just to let everybody know, there is such a creature that exists out there of skylight without flashing, but it is bad news, and you do not want any.
Speaker 7: Part of that.
Speaker 1: Well, in this one, they literally put let me look at this. I'd like to read this, but here's the bottom line. They installed them in twenty twenty three and they're leaking. So she called up because they have a warranty on them. And basically the warranty is a tenure warranty on glass breakage from hail up to two inches and it says replace. Here's what it says, fixed curb, fixed curb mount skylight replace old dark, brittle plastic domes with more efficient, pleasing Vlux skylights. Has anybody heard of these? I have no idea what those are. Jay, have you heard of Vlux?
Speaker 7: I mean I sure have.
Speaker 18: I know there's several components to this one.
Speaker 7: Right here.
Speaker 18: What they were talking about is they were going to lift the frame off of the curb that had the flashing on it, and they were just going to replace the acrylic domes, is what they agree.
Speaker 1: Well, how would that ever pass any kind of mustard, especially now that it's leaking, because what they're hanging their hat on. And honestly, Jay, if you think I'm wrong on this, I want you to tell me they're hanging their hat on. She didn't buy flashing, and the reason they're leaking now is because there's no flashing. Well, how the hell is the consumer? Would she know that she should have bought flashing or what you're saying is that basically, whatever they did to these skylights, they would have never got down to the flashing because they just replaced the bubble if you will, the upper part.
Speaker 18: Yeah, And so what they did is they said that they were going to take the bubbles off and actually put a Vlux skylight down on them. A Vlux is a pre manufactured self contained unit and it's normally going to have flat glass on it. And so what they were saying is they were going to pop the old units off and then put these vluxes on there. But my guess I would have to double check into this one is Vlux won't warrant you those things unless they are put on a curb or the Vlux Flashing kit is used as well. So they installed those incorrect in my opinion, just based on the information I've gotten so far. I mean, how do you go out and install skylights and then say well, we're not gonna We're not going to warrant him for leaks that's crazy.
Speaker 1: Well, it's absolutely crazy. And they're saying the reason they're leaking is because he didn't buy the flashing. But on this is what kills me. How would a customer ever know? How would a consumer ever know? Like when you came out and did my roof, you know, we don't talk about ice ice what do you call it?
Speaker 7: Ice?
Speaker 18: And what ice dams? Ice stam water shield?
Speaker 1: Yeah, the water shield. It's like, you know, you don't explain that it might be on the estimate. You're going to do my roof and do whatever it takes for it to pass inspection and not leak and be a good job. I mean it would be crazy. Would you come out and sell someone shingles without selling them everything needed under it?
Speaker 18: No? No, absolutely not. And it just I can't imagine anybody doing skylights only and not saying that the entire unit is going to be warranted.
Speaker 6: And guys, just so you know, under the scope, under the scope of work Jay, it says workshell include the removal of the old units before installation of the new skylights and weather proofing roofside.
Speaker 1: Isn't that part of flashing?
Speaker 18: What weather proofing? That's it right there? Whether they want to call it flashing or tar or whatever else they want to call it. They guaranteed the deal in that contract.
Speaker 1: Well, no, but here's the deal. Then it says fee summary, here's the price thirty two ninety and then it says without flashing, labor and materials to replace three existing skylights with Vlux model FCM blah blah blah skylights. And then warranties with flashing skylights special test dank fifteen year workmanship warranty manufacturers warranty ten year no leak promise on product and installation when installed with Vlux flashing. But they didn't install them with the flashing and then the glass breakage. But how would she know that if they installed them. Here's my contention. If they installed them as the expert, the special disc which is in their damn name. If they installed them as the expert and they're leaking two years later because they didn't install them properly, that's insane. They should have never allowed her not to have that kit. They should have told her, no, you need to have that.
Speaker 18: That's exactly right, Mark. I think, more to the point is the heart of the whole matter. Why don't they just go out there and fix.
Speaker 1: It well, because they're being okay, well, at least from everything I know, they're not being cooperative. So here's what I would like at this point. I would like, Hey, Jay, I appreciate it. Excel roofing you hear jay on all the time. Jay's a great guy. Here's the bottom line. I'm gonna give his number out. But right now, you guys have the gutter cleaning deal still, right.
Speaker 11: We do?
Speaker 18: Yeah, we called the Martino Special because the price actually went up for other people to come across us randomly put the Martino Special. If you need your gutters clean, it's one hundred and ninety nine bucks. But one of the caveats, Mark, One of the things that I like to tell people is if we come out there and the gutters are all frozen with ice, we're not going to be cleaning them right now.
Speaker 1: Wait until they can get on the books sawed out.
Speaker 18: They can get on the books. But you know what, I've had people that say, you, you said this special and you're going to come clean.
Speaker 1: Get up there on that ice. Yeah, okay, well look on your golf shoes.
Speaker 7: Gutters packed full of ice.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I know you can't clean them I get it.
Speaker 18: It's because they literally destroyed the gutter trying to get.
Speaker 11: All the ice out.
Speaker 1: Yeah, no, trust me, I get it. So Excel Roofing starting at one hundred and ninety nine bucks three oh three seven six one sixty four hundred, give you a quote on a roof. Of course, I got my roof from them, god years ago. I haven't had any hal damage since my new Excel Helproof roof zero zero, no hail damage. All my neighbors have had new roofs in the last year or two years. I've had absolutely zero damage to the roof period with my helproof roof from Excel Excelroofing dot Com. Now here's what I want to do. Hey, Natalie, I'm going to reach out to this company and I want them to explain to me why they're not going to do anything for you. Okay, that's kind of where we're going to take this, and we're going to take it there pretty quick. I understand what's on it, I understand everything going on. I completely disagree with how they're looking at it, and we are trying to get an attorney on dimitri Is that literally specializes in contractor issues just like this.
Speaker 4: Absolutely This man is a great resource. He works at Haullington Law Firm and Parker and I'd love to get him on the air. I just invited him.
Speaker 1: Yep, we're going to try to get him up. So here's what I would like to do with you, Natalie. Right now, we've got all your information. I assume Kelly's got your number. We're going to move this on to the next part and then we're gonna call you back. Okay, sound great? All right, Hold tight, Natalie, make sure we got everything we need Kelly. Plus, we'll free that line open. So right now we're going to have one open line three ZHO three Martino. By the way, this hour brought to you by a Frank Duran, the real estate man. How I love the Frank made us so much money selling our house and Red Hawk up in Castle Rock. You know what he did, He got a bidding friendzy going. He actually listed it low. I'm kinda I'm kind of pulling his skirt up a little bit, but he listed it lower than the same models around the neighborhood that was for sale, and people wanted it, so they start coming in and it created a bidding war. He also did this, I think it's called the matter horn. He did a three D walkthrough of our house online. We had almost one hundred thousand people virtually walk our house when he listed it on Friday until Sunday. We had five offers, including cash offers on Monday, and we chose the best one, which have worse was way higher than what he listed it at. He's got the secret sauce. And if you need help selling your house, Oh man, is he good? He is really good and buying a house. I'm sorry, Frank Durant Holmes dot com. That's the number, Mike. Let me see who's gonna be up next. I promise Paul, you're gonna be up next. And then Mike's got a question on oil and gas rights. Fran has a question on housing inspectors. We're gonna try to get to all three of you right after this.
Speaker 12: Go with a sure thing Denver's best roofer Excel roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance check up free, no obligation. In comparison, call Compass insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three oh three seven to seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate man dot com to list your home with remax a li three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two.
Speaker 1: Try three oh three seven eighty five five. By the way, this hour brought to you by waterpros dot Net. Paul the Waterman, he was on just the other day. Those Forever chemicals are everywhere. They're in your drinking water. I don't care if you're on well Water, Denver Water, Lakewoodwater, Parker water, it doesn't matter. Forever chemicals are everywhere. To get them out. They got a system now. Not only will it soften your water, it'll get rid of the forever chemicals your entire house. Under thirty seven hundred dollars that's installed. You're not gonna find a deal like that anywhere. Check them out at waterpros dot net. That's waterpros dot net. I like Paul, Infecta Susanna and I got a system. What's it been six months? Maybe?
Speaker 7: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Go maybe a year? Almost a year now she loves it because of Okay, I'll say it. It's amazing to me. It does wonders for her hair and skin. So it's like, okay, but somehow it still tastes the same, It tastes identical. Well that's what you.
Speaker 8: Were mostly worried about. As we sort of power.
Speaker 1: And you know, happy wife, happy life, and now our hair is better.
Speaker 8: Your hair looks good too, Mark Brook.
Speaker 1: Do you have a water softener at your house? Have you noticed a difference between hard water and soft water in your hair? Or Am I the only person in the world that lives with the woman that does notice the difference?
Speaker 9: I feel I feel like there's for sure a difference, but I am one hundred percent like a housewife when it comes to that stuff.
Speaker 8: I know nothing about how our water works.
Speaker 9: I know our electrical box in our roof, but anything else.
Speaker 1: So it all started. It all started at a hotel in New Orleans. Oh this this is doing wonders for my hair. And next thing, you know.
Speaker 8: You're like, my skin feels slimy on this.
Speaker 1: It feels slimy. But you know what I mean? Whatever? And uh, all right? I digress three or three seven one three A two five five thirty five hundred dollars later, Hey Paul, what's going on? Man?
Speaker 11: Hello?
Speaker 1: Hey Paul? How are you, sir?
Speaker 11: I'm good. Thank you for taking my call. You got it listener, first time caller.
Speaker 1: I appreciate you holding two for a while. What's what's going on? How can we help you?
Speaker 7: Sir?
Speaker 11: I have a twenty and twenty one Chevrolet Silverado half Ton fifteen hundred Polo drive Z seventy one three point zero Diesel.
Speaker 1: Damn, what are you drag racing? I mean, my god, that's a z R that's got that Corvette engine in it.
Speaker 11: No, it's a diesel engine.
Speaker 1: Oh, I thought, what did you call?
Speaker 12: It?
Speaker 1: Is Z one?
Speaker 11: The seventy one?
Speaker 1: Isn't it Z seventy one? Okay, I got you a little confused. So that's a really nice pickup.
Speaker 11: It is to have loved it until November. In November, I was dozen hunting in South Dakota with my sons and on the way home it quit on me. So I called on Star and asked for an online diagnostic through the code P two two eight C, which actually is about a fuel regulator on the pump, the high pressure fuel pump. Got it, brought it, brought it home, took it to the dealer here in town. They had it. It is Bradley Hyundai Chevrolet got it. They had it for over two weeks, and I went in and talked to the service manager and they were really having trouble diagnosing the issue. So finally they said, well, the only conclusion we can come to is that it's the high pressure fuel pump. So I said, well, what's that cost in it? The original price was seventy two hundred dollars.
Speaker 1: Fully smoked, seventy two hundred bucks. Yes, okay, so what'd you do?
Speaker 11: Well? I did what you did? You know, I've never heard of a fuel pump being that high. Yeah, and to be honest, the majority of that was labor cost at two hundred dollars an hour.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think they have to drop the entire tank. So a lot of those dcs so people know, have a high pressure and low pressure. That God, I'm trying to go back to my goodyear days. I know the labor is pretty intense here, but okay, go ahead, keep finishing.
Speaker 11: So he said they had to drop the transmission, et cetera. Well, I said, well, let me get a second opinion. So I took it to another reputable diesel service, McKenny Kieren Pueblo, who was and they couldn't get is Big Gem's diesel.
Speaker 1: Okay, and they have I talked to.
Speaker 11: Other mechanics and that's where they recommended.
Speaker 7: That I go.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I got, it's just so cool. What Big Jim say.
Speaker 11: Well, Big Jim came up, saint do he's sick antest. He said, we didn't find sufficient evidence in the fuel to warrant that the that the fuel pump. I guess you'll throw metal shavens and stuff when it goes back.
Speaker 1: Hey, let me ask you something. When this first happened, when you were coming back from Fezan hunting, the check engine light came on. Correct, that is correct. Did it stall out as well or just the check engine like came on or it stopped or what happened? No, it stalled so after installed in an hour to get it started and you called on Star, did they end up towing it? Yes, And that's how it got to that first dealer.
Speaker 11: No, I got it started and crippled it in to winter out Dakota. And there it was a Saturday. It was football season and yeah, I found a mechanic and he told me that he couldn't do the right diagnosis on him because the shop was closed, but he felt like I could cripple it home, and I did and installed on me a couple of monks.
Speaker 1: Okay, I get I get home. I understand. So let's go back to Big Jim. They couldn't figure out what was going on either. They didn't want to say it was the pump because it's so expensive. So what happened, Well.
Speaker 11: What I did? He said, Look, normally I will you know, if that's not what the issue is, then I would just eat the cost. So I said, well, I don't want you to do that, and he said, well, I'm going to call the dealer. So he called the dealer and the dealer told him it was the fuel pop.
Speaker 1: So I said, so he called Stradley or whomever it was.
Speaker 11: Yeah, well, I don't know if it's Bradley. He just told me he called a Shivy dealership.
Speaker 1: Okay, keep going, Oh, I don't know.
Speaker 11: Uh, And so it's it's a Shivvy. So I took it back to Chivy so the warranty would be covered by the dealer.
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay.
Speaker 11: They they gave me a discounted rate. I think it was like right at fifty eight dollars. They supposedly fixed it. I had picked it up Monday. On the way home, the engine light came.
Speaker 1: Back on what dealership, Paul, what was the second dealership?
Speaker 11: Well, it's the same dealership. I took him back to this Hyundai Spreadby.
Speaker 1: Yes, so you took it back to them. They put in the pump today, diagnosed in the first part and it didn't fix it. That's where you're going, right, That's correct. Okay. So when you brought it back to him.
Speaker 11: Before I took it back to him, I did another online diagnose and it was throwing the same code, so I knew that it wasn't It wasn't.
Speaker 1: The fuel pumps, so keep going.
Speaker 11: Maybe I just thought maybe it was the maybe you know, mechanic's make mistakes, so maybe there was something that was missing. Well, they called me this morning and they told me that it's the fuel rail and they want to charge me another close to twenty five hundred dollars for the fuel rail.
Speaker 1: Well did you ask them, well, how come you sold me this pump?
Speaker 7: I did.
Speaker 11: I said, what are you going to reimburse me for the pump? And they said, no, we're not going to do that. And the only thing is that they would go half with me on the room. I said, no, it wasn't the fuel pumped. It was obviously.
Speaker 1: Do you have that diagnosis like in writing or an email saying that you needed to fuel pump?
Speaker 11: I do have it.
Speaker 1: Hold on a second, hold on, this is an interesting one. There's a couple you know who I'd like to talk to. Who was the attorney Suzanne the automotive Raina Bias. I would like to see if she could come on real quick. This is right up her alley. This drives me crazy. And then Kelly, who I'd like to talk to right after this break is Kevin Colkin. I want to ask him a couple of questions on this particular Z seventy one Silverado, Hold on everybody, including Fran Paul and Russ.
Speaker 12: Go with a sure thing Denver's Rufer Excel roofing dot com.
Speaker 14: You don't pay a cent until you're content.
Speaker 12: Time for an insurance checkup free no obligation comparison call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three all three seven to seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three all three nine two zero sixteen twenty two all right, three oh.
Speaker 1: Three seven one three A two five five. We've got a ton going on. First of all, a couple a couple kind of house cleaning things here. One that woman with the skylights. I want to get with that attorney, so Dimitri's working on that. Hopefully we get that attorney on. I would like to reach out, though, Kelly. Have you reached out to that skylight company? Would you see if we can get them on for an opinion on that. I'd like to talk to them why they think it's okay to el skylights and not properly install them, even if the customer you know, says okay, I don't want flashing. I don't understand why that would even be an option, But I want to get the attorney's opinion on that, and I'd also like to ask him if they pulled a permit. I'd be very curious on there. But just see if Dey'll come on and give their side of the story. You know how to do that. Meantime, I want to go to Kevin Coalk and shared an auto tech. Hey, Kevin, I don't know if you were listening, but this guy basically has a two thy twenty one silverado Z seventy one diesel. I assume it's a twenty five hundred. Follow me so far, sir? Gotcha. So he was coming back from hunting. I don't know the relevance of that, but he was coming back from a trip and check engine light came on, vehicle stalled. He's got on Star. He hits you on Star button. They pull the code remotely and say it could be a fuel pump. In fact, let me lock him back in here. Hey, hey, Paul, Well what did on Star originally said? They said that code was for a fuel pump?
Speaker 11: Right?
Speaker 1: Or was it a fuel pressure regulator?
Speaker 11: No, it's a fuel pressure it's the code was P two twenty eight C. I actually still have all of the records.
Speaker 1: Yeah, So on Star tells him that. He ends up limping it back to where he lives. He brings it up to Spradley, say it again.
Speaker 11: It's not a it's a three point oh diesel, the not the.
Speaker 1: Six So oh it's a three point oh, so that is a fifty. They made a fifteen hundred diesel. Yeah, oh my god, I didn't know that. I never I've never seen that vehicle. That's crazy, a little fifteen hundred diesel. Someone asked me right in studio during the break. I was like, I don't think I've ever seen a fifteen hundred or a whatever, like an F one fifty with the diesel for that matter. But anyhow, so Kevin he gets that code. He brings it to Spradley. It's a dealership kind of up where that's Colorado Springs, isn't it? Or is that where is it? It's in Quebla. So he brings it up there and they say it's a fuel pump. They quote him like seventy five hundred bucks for the high pressure pump. He wants his second opinion, so he brings it over to another place called Big Jim's Diesel. They look at it. They can't they don't know. They're very honest with them. They're like, hey, we're having trouble diagnosing this, but we simply don't know what it is. But we think it's probably that high pressure pump. And they actually offered you to install it, and if it wasn't that they would switch it back out. Is that correct, Paul, No, it's close.
Speaker 11: What he said is normally we we will stand behind it. If that's not the deal, that then we'll you know, make it right, well just eat it. But that's yeah, but that's it was just too expensive. And I said, well, well, if it is a fuel pump, large it was because he didn't see metal shavings and the fuel.
Speaker 12: Yeah.
Speaker 1: But for whatever reason, Kevin, I got you, Paul. But for whatever reason, Big Jim is where they were at. So he ends up bringing it back over to the dealership same you know, Spradley, and they say, yep, it's the fuel pump. They get the fuel pump installed. Long story short, he leaves their same exact problem, same code, same check engine like, same everything, and he brings it back. They look at it now they say it's the fuel rail, and now he needs a fuel rail. So he said, well, why did you sell me the pump? And of course they're what what are they saying when you say why did you sell the pump?
Speaker 11: Well, they they just they didn't say anything about that. I said, can you reimburse me for the pump? The fuel pump?
Speaker 1: And are they saying it was both things are they saying it was both things.
Speaker 11: Well, I don't know.
Speaker 7: They didn't.
Speaker 11: They didn't, they have not said, but they didn't tell me that initially. Okay, rail was.
Speaker 1: Never I got Paul, I got you, Paul, I got you. So, Kevin, let me ask you this first of all, could it be both things? In other words, if something's wrong with the fuel rail, can it cause a pump to go out and vice versa?
Speaker 7: No?
Speaker 1: Probably not so, I mean we're talking it's either one or the other. Yep, most likely yes, So what would you do in this case? Is Sheridan Auto Tech? And I'm being dead serious. That's an expensive pump. I don't know if you can send it back to the dealer. I don't know how that works.
Speaker 16: No, you'd have to you know, a little salt and pepper.
Speaker 11: You're gonna have to eat it.
Speaker 13: I mean you were wrong.
Speaker 1: Totally wrong, is what it appears. Yeah, I mean you missed and we miss We're not one hundred percent yep, And it doesn't taste good. But I mean you got to be straight up. How much do they want for that fuel rail? Funny too?
Speaker 11: Something? It didn't give me a renten estimate. It was over the phone, but I think it's around twenty two hundred dollars more.
Speaker 1: Who are you dealing with there?
Speaker 11: Or the gentleman's name The service writer that I'm dealing with is Mark, have you go his last name?
Speaker 1: And then that's fine.
Speaker 11: I did talk to the service manager. What they say, uh if his name is Brett Toledo and he hasn't responded yet on my complaint this morning, I've trun resolve it. I just don't know who else to turn to.
Speaker 1: Well, it sounds I'm with Not only am I with Kevin, but I think everybody listening to this would be on the same page. They misdiagnosed it, and now they're saying, well, too bad, so sad, we'll cut you a little break on the next part. We're going to sell you. And how do we know that would even fix it? I'm being a little facetious there. I would hope it would fix it, but who the hell can trust these guys?
Speaker 16: Yeah, it could be a computer as well. There's many things this circuit could be.
Speaker 1: Well, that's what I wanted you on for Kevin, because I really wanted to know could because sometimes what we hear is, oh, it was both problems, you know, The reason the transmission went out is because the PCM was giving it the wrong instructions, so you needed both. I just dealt with that on another call, and I thought that was garbage.
Speaker 11: Yep, I remember that one. Now I agree.
Speaker 1: So you really think there's no way it could be both. This was either the rail or the bumper.
Speaker 7: Very unlikely, all right, Hey.
Speaker 1: Kevin Caukin shared in an auto tech I appreciate it. And honestly, if you went to him, Paul, in the first place, it would have been cheaper. You would have had a three year nationwide warranty. But I'm not trying to beat you up. I want to help you out here, Paul. So here's the next step we're going to take. Kelly, I'd like to get these guys on the phone. I would like to get Spradley, get the phone number, and get the service manager's name. I want to get them on the phone and understand why when they screw up. He's out fifty eight hundred.
Speaker 12: With a sure thing Denver's Best roofer Excel Roofing dot com.
Speaker 14: You don't pay a cent until you're content, wait.
Speaker 12: Time for an insurance checkup, free no obligation comparison call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three all three seven seven one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three all three nine two zero sixteen twenty two.
Speaker 1: All right, three O three seven one three eight two five five Kelly, give me some updates here. I know we reached out to the Skylight people. Did we get in touch with them or were we at with those guys?
Speaker 22: No, I loved a message with both of the companies that you asked me. So we had the Skylight company and just uh for giggles, the gentleman who actually quoted and serviced the job on Natalie's account Skylight, Uh huh he's no longer with the company.
Speaker 1: Yeah, of course, because he's a moron and sold her something that leaked to to uh two freaking years later. So I can understand, I I can, or or he quit because he worked for morons. I'm not sure that you know we're We're not sure.
Speaker 22: Out the Jerry we love to message for his manager. So that's where we are.
Speaker 1: I can't wait to hear from either of them. And then, Paul, I'm gonna we need all your info. Here's the deal I'm gonna put you.
Speaker 8: Yeah, I got that.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna put you with Deputy Scott. Okay, Paul, we call him Deputy Dollar. We've got a message into these Oh no, we're giving this to you, Chopper. Oh, I'm sorry, I got these backwards, Paul. So, Chopper, you're gonna call down to Spradley Hondai and what is a GMC.
Speaker 11: Just Bradley Hondai Chevrolet.
Speaker 1: Hondai Chevrolet and figure out what's going on here. Remember, Kelly already left a message for the service manager. She's got the name. I mean, these guys straight up sold him something he didn't need, and now we're willing to do nothing. A bad diagnostic is not Paul's fault in any world that I've ever lived in. Paul, can you send us those emails where they tell you it's the fuel pump in the estimate to fix it?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 11: Can we just submitute to get a pans here?
Speaker 1: Yep, it's really easy. It's help HLP at troubleshooter dot com. Help at Troubleshooter dot com. In fact, if you can send those in the next hour, actually quicker than that, I would love to read them to everybody listening. I do want to read them and see what they say about this seventy five hundred dollars fuel pump you needed, so hold on. Give Kelly your phone number. I do believe she has everything, but I want those email as soon as it comes in three oh three seven one three A two five five Now really quick, fran You're going to be next up. But what is going on? What is the question you have so I can think about it simply?
Speaker 20: My question is, since Colorado doesn't require mold and steppers to be certified, I need a name of a section company that would do it. That is, does not do the fixing of it either. I just want somebody to go check out my daughter's Okay.
Speaker 1: Hold on, hold on, I get it. Hold on all right, Black coming up. Everybody holds tight three zero three Martino.
Speaker 12: Go with a sure thing, Denvers Best Roofer, Excel Roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance check up free, no obligation. In comparison, call Compass insurance too much. Your coverage at dozens of insurance companies. Find out now three all three seven seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three all three nine two zero sixteen twenty two.
Speaker 2: Yeah, ripped up you needed, that's who.
Speaker 13: You don't have.
Speaker 2: Come run in as fast as we can. Shooter's gonna help coming.
Speaker 1: Man Dix is the Troubleshooter Show Now Tom Martino.
Speaker 8: Howdy howdy out there.
Speaker 6: Welcome to the Tom Martino Troubleshooter Show. Susanne major Hair known to most as Sues. We're broadcasting live on our iHeartRadio and on our YouTube channel. You can find us by typing in Troubleshooter Network. We've been taking on your problems for a long time now long time now.
Speaker 8: Been ripped off at your it's in not being heard.
Speaker 1: If you need helper.
Speaker 6: Advice, please give us a call three h three Martino. That's three oh three six two seven eight four sixty six. If we're not live, you can leave us a voicemail and Kelly will reach back out to you, or you can email us at help at troubleshooter dot com. We're always happy to get back to you that way. We had Fran last hour holding. She had called and talked to Mark wanting to know Fran on nine three about a mold inspector not being certified but needing a referral for one.
Speaker 11: Mark.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm not exactly sure what she was asking. So, Fran, your daughter's house possibly as mold. I picked up on that right, Yes, And you want someone to go out and test for mold? Are we talking airborne? That's really what you want?
Speaker 20: Well, it's she had a pipe burst in.
Speaker 11: Her condo, okay, and that was and.
Speaker 1: That was remediated.
Speaker 20: But that was some years ago, and now she's been having some physical problems and I'm just wondering, I need somebody to go that doesn't do the remediation and the checking. Is there a company that you know? My question is really simple. Is there a company that will just go do the testing and not affiliated with fixing the problem.
Speaker 1: Well, well, most of them do both, but why do you even care? I mean, they'll do just one like Genesis, Mark over a Genesis will come out, they'll put the mold test down. I think it sits there for X amount of hours or days, I'm not exactly sure, and then he'll come pick it up and he'll send it to the lab and get a full report for or for you on exactly what's going on, how many mold spores, what kind of mold, and you'll know everything about it. Now. If you want him to take care of the problem, he would give you an estimate on that if you would like, or deal with your insurance company if that's a possibility. But if all you want done is a test, he'll do that. Same with Rock at America Restoration, he can come out and do the test as well.
Speaker 20: Okay. And the only reason that I was asking that question is because I've had a talk to people that have had companies to go out and sometimes they've been scammed. So of course they're going to find mold, yeah, and then you pull them to figure it right.
Speaker 13: So I'm wondering.
Speaker 20: And the thing is that Colorado, you don't have to be certified to be a mold inspector.
Speaker 1: Fran I fully understand what you're saying now, So Rock, for sure, you know what I want to ask Rock, just for the heck of it. Hold on a second, you've been holding long enough to where I want to figure out Yeah, and I appreciate that. Look, I want to figure out how long it would take and what he would charge you. And because he held so long, I'll try to beat him up on price, but I want to ask him about that as far as certifications and stuff like that. So hold tight, Suzanne Kelly, let's try to get rock on. We have two lines open three oh three seven one three eight two five five. Hey, how does dragon? How do you think Suzanne did? I thought she killed it. That was beautiful. I love that opening so much better than Mark or Tom. Well, you can't argue that part. That's there's no doubt about that. Hey, Russ, what's going on with you?
Speaker 7: Hi? Mark?
Speaker 10: I'm getting ready to put some insulation in my headache, and I just have a question. They're they're giving a huge rebate.
Speaker 16: For this xcel is but I have to do with a.
Speaker 10: For the college.
Speaker 1: You probably have to use one of their vendors as well, right.
Speaker 10: Yes, and they are one of their vendors. I'm sure it was. I didn't call it Excel to find out, but they have a like a twenty two hundred dollars rebate for this particular insulation, but the insulation is different. I mean, well, first of all, back to Excel. When they do the.
Speaker 5: What do they call it the rebate?
Speaker 10: Yeah, there's a whole home efficiency program that takes three to four hours.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 10: Now, will they try to sell me other things other than what I need or what I'm getting?
Speaker 1: Well, that part, that part I can't answer. I don't know how much heat is escaping through your doors and your windows and other places. I don't know what your attic is like right now. You know, that's a good question. We have a company on our referral list. In fact, I used god I've used them a few times, but it's called Apple Air and Todd. I think they still do this. They come out. I think they're actually on Excel stuff too. It's a very curious way though, And I'm trying to think of what they would upsell you, like, give me an idea of like what you were afraid of. Like, let's say you know you're getting a lot of leakage through one of your door jams. Wouldn't you want that corrected if it wasn't that big of a deal.
Speaker 10: Yeah, but the rebate, I want to make sure I get the rebate for the insulation that I'm putting in the attic. And that's what it's all about, basically.
Speaker 1: But you know, what company are you looking at having?
Speaker 10: It's the Best Way insallation.
Speaker 1: Oh they were on a referral list. Yeah, uh uh okay.
Speaker 10: And the type of that insulation you know that I'm getting they're putting in is they say it's heavier and it's pink or something, but it's cellulose. Yeah, and that's not the safe stuff I have in my house, you know, in the attic now it's it's kind of real light and feathery.
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay, hold on, I gotta be I just got to be straight up and honest with people. So Best Way was on our referral list for a long time, you know, during COVID and during other stuff. They fell a little behind as far as payments. You know, our referral list, you know, yeah, you do pay to be on our referral list because it costs money to run the referral list, quite frankly, and it doesn't cost a lot. But they got behind. But I do want to say this, that's why they're not on there anymore. I gave them every opportunity to basically get caught up, and there was a lot of promises and it never happened. But now saying that, saying that, of all the years they've been on, I've never had one complaint on them, I've never had one single complaint. I would be comfortable using Best Way insulation. So I want you to understand that, Russ, And I mean that, what was the owner's name, Suzanne Deb? Are you dealing with Deb?
Speaker 12: Oh?
Speaker 1: Yes, she knows more. I can literally say this. Deb knows more about insulation than pretty much anybody else I've ever met. And I liked her a lot. I liked her coming in and I once again, I gave I extended months upon months, if not a year, to allow them to get caught up, and it just got to the point where I was just chasing butterflies. But I would use them, Russ, I wouldn't have any issue. I don't think they would sell you anything that's not needed. I mean, so really, I think you're in good hands there.
Speaker 10: So what's Salulo's insulation. It's not the feathery type inslation that I have in my house now, And they say it's heavier.
Speaker 6: You know, I'm not exactly sure, from a recycled paper that's treated with fire retardant.
Speaker 1: Well, I'm more curious of the R value compared to the paper compared to you know, the pink stuff they rolled down, if they even do that anymore, or the stuff they blow in.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I think what the caller is referring to is the stuff they blow in. It's like this light, gray, fluofy stuff. Yeah, I got's made of shredded shredded newspaper.
Speaker 5: I have that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's what we have in our house. Man is exactly that.
Speaker 10: Okay, So it's you know, there's they're going to add R fifty two of some those two regular addic to bring it to our sixty.
Speaker 1: So it's going to go up quite a bit. Yeah, yeah, I mean yeah, I would have no problem with that. How much does it cost? We already know the rebates twenty two hundred bucks or whatever. How much? Yeah, that's a great deal. So you're going to be about two grand out of pocket.
Speaker 10: Right yeah? Yeah.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 1: They'll set up they'll set up these draft boxes or drift boxes, whatever they're called, and they're going to measure how the home does, like when the HVAC or the furnace kicks on this time of year, and they're going to figure out all the little things that are going on, and don't be surprised if there are some little things. Listen, these guys aren't going to try to sell you windows or doors because they simply don't do that. But they will tell you if there's a big problem there, then you're going to have to go find another bit. But they might tell you, hey, you know, we can do some new weather stripping at the bottom of here. As you can see, you're losing a lot of heat right here. We can do this. They do other stuff like that for sure, but it's nothing major and you're going to see that it's an issue. They'll point it out and they're going to actually show you. Okay, yeah, I'd feel good with it. What are you going to have them in and do it? Because I'd like for you to report back to me. Would you do that?
Speaker 10: Sure? I have an appointment to do the evaluation month Thursday, the nice you know, and then they're going to come out, you know, to put the installation in probably a week later or something.
Speaker 1: I love it, So Russ get back with me on that. We might reach back out to them. I really did like her. I'd actually have her come in usually one time during the winter because she is so full of information. I mean really, you know, I joke about a lot of our members. She'd be probably horrible at a party, like, Hey, how's your year been going. I'm been switching over to sell you lost this week? So but really, Russ I followed back up with us, would you I appreciate that. Now, Fran listen, I've got her expert rock on. So when we come back from this break, I'm going to ask Rock the questions you had on mold and testing for mold and certifications, and we're going to jump into that. I do have a line open three zero three Martino, and we're going to touch base with Brooke again after this. About hitting a free solar system, it's the way to put it, I mean, really, that's the way I put it.
Speaker 12: Go with a sure thing Denver's Best Roofer, Excel roofing dot com.
Speaker 14: You don't pay a cent until you're content.
Speaker 12: Time for an insurance check up free no obligation comparison call Compass insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three all three seven seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate man dot Com to list your home with Remax Alliance three all three nine two zero sixteen twenty two.
Speaker 1: You know Genesis Total Exteriors. I was thinking of that call second hour. They've got a deal right now. You know, they do stucco, they do siding, windows, Genesis Total Exteriors, decks, fences, they do it all. But during the cold days, like right now, you know what Mark does. He's got guys that can replace all your interior doors, you know, either one or thirty, the whole house, whatever you want, but right now, because of the cold weather, he wants to keep his guys moving. Buy one, get one free interior doors. Whatever you want, solid wood, hollow, he's got them all. But right now, buy one, get one free interior doors. And if you have a staircase and an old railing, you know, maybe it's wood and it's better around twenty thirty years, they can come out and turn it into metal. They can turn it into iron. They can transform that staircase into something that's gorgeous. But that too. For one deal on doors I'd get that done right now. If you've been putting it off, I should have told that guy Suzanne who had all the damage in his apartment about that or in his townhouse, Renald. But it's genesistotalexteriors dot com. You can check out everything they do there, but call on that buy one, get one free on the interior door. You're not going to find a better deal genesistotalexteriors dot com. Now I'm going to go to Rock. He's with American Restoration. We call him amrest. Hey, Rock, I wanted to ask you some basic questions and I'll see if Franz got any follow ups. But she called in her daughter. They think mold's in there. So we were talking about mold testing and she was apprehensive about calling up a company to have mold testing, and all of a sudden, they, you know, they start saying, oh, you've got so much mold, you need to do this. You've got to do this, and it's going to cost you twenty thousand dollars. She wanted someone that only does the testing and nothing else, and she wanted someone that has some kind of certifications, and she mentioned in Colorado to do mold testing. You don't need any certifications. But I didn't find that crazy at all, because I can go on to Amazon and get a mold test. But then, of course I got to find a lab that I trust and send it out, and I've got to collect a sample correctly. But you know, give me some basic information. Is there any certifications in Colorado for mold?
Speaker 13: No, because the state doesn't want to get the state, the state at the state level and the subtle government don't necessarily want to get involved. It's too hard to regulate. There's too many moving windows. There are tony moving targets.
Speaker 1: I got you.
Speaker 13: But you know, it does have an effect, and it's mold berries. Like you'll get ten people and it'll effect three of those people differently than the other ones.
Speaker 1: So and it can be different kinds of mold exactly exactly.
Speaker 13: And so what if she wants to if she just want to test, you know, and there's you have to look at the conditions. There's natural states of mold, you know, given where you are, you know, you know, if your house sits in the north or under a bunch of trees.
Speaker 1: No, well, let me, I'll give you a little bit. I'll give you a little bit of background. I'm going to lock you in bring her up so she can jump in if she wants. But Rock, basically her daughter's condo. There was some pipes it broke, they had water damage. How long ago was that, frand Oh.
Speaker 20: I would say probably at least seven or eight years ago.
Speaker 1: And they're having respiratory issues her and her kids. Is that right?
Speaker 20: With my daughter, she's having more like neurological it's like she's allergic to something, headaches, and she says she hasn't had any breeding problems, but she's She's been tested for a lot of stuff. You're thinking maybe a mass or whatever. But the thing is, I think it's the mold. I'm sure it's sack, and I want to make sure.
Speaker 1: So Rock, just just hearing that, tell me how a mold test works. If you guys or your guys go out there to test for mold, you're only testing for it in the air, correct. I mean you can eyeball around and see if there's any standing mold. But basically, if you're starting to have health issues, it's got to be airborne at that point, right.
Speaker 13: Well, like you said, there could be a number of factors Number one, you have to start with the ownership. The UH and the health department has no bearing. It could be it can be dripping off, which I've seen. Yeah, I've been a party to that. Not you, not my fault, but I've done the analysis and seen it dripping. And the health department says, you know, that's it's between the owner.
Speaker 1: Well, well, I think I think she owns it. But that's not even I don't even care about getting rid of it. All Fran wants to know is is their mold in that unit? Is it airborne? And what is it? How do we get to that point? How does that work? You guys go out there and what set up little Petrie dishes? I mean, how do you test for mold?
Speaker 11: We do?
Speaker 13: We do air sampling or surface sampling, but you can we can only deal with owners. Okay, I have to deal with owners.
Speaker 1: Fran. Does she own the unit?
Speaker 7: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Yeah, so she owns her own condo.
Speaker 13: Okay, Just that has to be clear, because that's that's infringing on another person's prop You know, I can't go into your house.
Speaker 1: Yeah, no, no, no, listen, rock, I get it, man. Most of our HVAC companies, I mean they're the same way. They're not going to go into a rental unit of any kind. I mean, they don't have permission to do anything. So but Fran, once again, you were your daughter owned this, right, my daughter owns it.
Speaker 20: And the thing is the h o A when it happened years ago, they they send somebody out and we I we didn't know that. Actually I should have talked to them and said how often do I have to recheck for it? I didn't ask all.
Speaker 1: But just as Fran, that's years ago. I'm not worried about that. But Rock as of right now, how would it work? You go out there and what I mean, I want people listening to understand what a real mold test is.
Speaker 13: Yes, you sample the area and you surface testing, but I've also been called had your listeners call us who've had issues with their h o AS. We can test, but if the if the if it's an issue outside of their outside of their unit.
Speaker 1: You can't do anything.
Speaker 13: That's between the ownership, the owners.
Speaker 7: And the h o A.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah I get that. But what we what we want to know is is their mold in her unit? How much does that what? What area is she in?
Speaker 20: Fran, Well, she's a south east Denver, she's off of Monaco, Okay and Hampton.
Speaker 1: So what do you what do you guys charge for the testing? Rock, I mean, what is that run in that area?
Speaker 13: Well, you know, I'd like to talk to her often about the charts pricing, but you know, we would do the best thing to do with the inside and outside. And then even in a situation like that where there's if there's common areas, you do inside, you do the common areas, and then you do a comparison to the outside in general because there's a lot of factors there. So you need at least three areas, at least three or.
Speaker 1: Does she go, is there common areas at her unit?
Speaker 13: No?
Speaker 1: Yeah, So well okay, let's just do this. But Rock, just for an example, I'm saying like two to five to test, I mean, what do you give me something here that.
Speaker 13: That sounds about right? That sounds about right.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's not crazy, Fran, And he's going to do that. He's going to do a great job and he's going to give you the real skinny on he's going to tell you what's going on. So Rock, you collect the samples and you send them out to a lab right, correct, Yeah, and then the lab comes back with whatever it is, Fran, so let me give you his number is easy, Fran, it's and he's not going to steer you wrong. Eight three three seven am. Rest Hold on a second, and that's for anybody out there, American Restoration. Eight three three seven am. Rest and Kelly give Fran that number off air if she needs it. Everybody hold tight. When we come back from this break, We've got Rhiann, Russ, Crystal, and I've got multiple questions on the free commercial solar systems. So we're going to go to Brook after this. Hold tight, all right, three, I'll three seven one three eight two five five. I have to do this. I promise Crystal hold tight and Russ. But okay, So it was funny during the break I left. I said, yeah, we're going to talk about those free solar systems and Brooke was like, oh, you make me so nervous when you say that. Well, I get that, but the bottom line is really after the grants, I really want people to understand this because we have had so many listeners call you and now they've had solar systems for their commercial projects that literally have cost them zero. Is that correct?
Speaker 8: Yeah, that's correct.
Speaker 1: And some people literally have put money in their pocket and they have the solar system at no cost yep. So if that's not free, I don't know what is free. Now. One of the caveats, for example, is you do pay out of pocket and then some of the grant money reimburses you. You have to pay for it. Is that correct?
Speaker 11: Yeah?
Speaker 8: Yeah, everything with solar is a reimbursement.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so it's in reimbursement. And some are tax credits. So if you never owe the government any money ever, they might not help you. But people can actually buy the tax credits, that's correct, So you can still benefit from tax credits even if you don't have a taxi correct. So we're talking commercial and what you know, when I do or when I do your spots. You know, I don't know if you like him or not, but I'll say, man, she's got a nose for sniffing out the money. And it's true. You find different grants, so we have there might even be city grants, but in general you have state grants and you have federal grants yep. So State of Colorado and them between those two, and let's say I'm just going to throw a number out there, one hundred thousand, to keep it easy, one hundred thousand dollars commercial solar system. How much can you typically get covered with the grant money for those two? And it's it's always different depending on what the project is. I get that, but I'm saying typical. Let's say it's a quadplex or a duplex or something a commercial project. Let's say a quadplex, so you rent out to four different people, and it's an LLC, it's a commercial property, and you're going to do one hundred thousand dollars solar system. Give us an idea of what the grant money would be.
Speaker 9: Yeah, So with that kind of project, I would assume that you'd get one hundred and eight thousand dollars.
Speaker 8: I'm sorry, yeah, one hundred and eight thousand. I can't talk one hundred thousand dollars back.
Speaker 1: Yep.
Speaker 9: And then you would also be able to charge your four tenants for what their electric.
Speaker 8: Bill used to be.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 8: Yeah, so you have annual revenue as well.
Speaker 1: So you get your hundred thousand back yep. So now you have a free solar system yep. And they own it. There's no like Uncle Sam doesn't own it. They literally own it.
Speaker 8: They own it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and there's no promises at this point what to do with it.
Speaker 8: No, no, not at all.
Speaker 1: In other words, just to sound stupid, but if they wanted to sell it, I realized how dumb that sounds. But really they can do it. They could sell the They don't have to hold on to that fourplex for ten years. They can do whatever they want with the solar system. The four plex, it's theirs. They got reimbursed, yep.
Speaker 8: As soon as it's on the roof, it's theirs to do as they want to.
Speaker 1: Okay. Then instead of your tenants, those four people paying directly to Excel for example, you literally could sell them the electricity. You have to discount it by twenty percent, but you're paying nothing for it, yep, because the system's paid for, yes, which is absolutely insane. That's when people out there, God, it's too good to be true. I know they do because the first I say that, I've said that to you numerous times until we had a lot of people call up, going it's crazy. So there's one scenario where you become the electric company and you make money every month on a solar system that costs you nothing net I mean that's incredible. Second option if people want to build an array out there. I know one of our callers did that. You actually did a ground system. How does that work? And who do they sell power to? What is a ground system?
Speaker 9: Yeah, if they want to build a solar field themselves, they definitely can do. So there's a ton of grants that are open to do that. And depending on the utility company, depends on how much they get paid.
Speaker 1: So if you got somebody out in Elizabeth that's sitting on thirty five acres and they're going to make part of it commerce, I mean, once again, it's got to be something commercial, right.
Speaker 8: Yeah, it needs to be tied to a small business or a farm, some sort.
Speaker 1: Of bag oh okay, perfect, but whatever, it is a business. So you would go out there and you would build the ray just out in the field basically, But who buys the power? I mean, I don't understand who would buy the power.
Speaker 9: The utility company that's in that area. So if it's Elizabeth, it'd probably be core A come out in View, Okay, so they would buy it, yep, exactly, and you can get close to one hundred percent of that paid for as well.
Speaker 1: Generally through grants.
Speaker 9: Uh, yeah, depending on how the utility company's going to work with it.
Speaker 1: So it depends on where you are and what utility company.
Speaker 9: Exactly and what area it is. So you're again, you're looking at between one hundred and eight percent to one hundred and thirty four percent.
Speaker 1: Talk, give me what you know, Elizabeth Kaiawa, give me, give me something.
Speaker 9: Yeah, if it's in a designated low income area, then you're looking at getting one hundred and thirty percent of the project paid for. So getting one hundred thousand dollars to do the solar, you're looking at recouping one hundred and thirty.
Speaker 1: So literally, not only do you have a free array of free solar array that's going to be generating profit for you every month, literally because you're selling all that power directly to Core or whoever it is, whatever power company it is, but you're going to put thirty thousand dollars in your pocket.
Speaker 9: Yeah, and then solar fields you're not making as much because the utility company's going to pay you wholesale, but you're still I mean, if the system's free and you're not using the land for anything else.
Speaker 1: Yeah, who cares? Yeah, I mean if five hundred bucks a month, I'd be happy as hell. Yeah, I mean what canon array? I mean like how big? What's a big array? Like an acre? I mean that would be huge, right, Yeah.
Speaker 9: So typically you want to stay below five megawats, which would be a ton acres. And the reason being is that there's different tax benefits when you go over that five megawatt and it's less advantageous and just.
Speaker 1: Out of you know, not exact price by any means, but if you had this five megawatt system or under let's say five megawatt, what would you generally generate dollar wise per month?
Speaker 9: So for these bigger projects, they usually look on an annual basis. So for five magwats, you're probably looking at bringing in one hundred thousand a year.
Speaker 1: That's insane if it just makes you want to go out and buy something in Kiowa. In fact, the funny part is, you know I might actually have that conversation with you, is like where should we go set something up? What is the best area to do this where we can max out that investment, Because to me, I just don't even understand why everybody's not doing it.
Speaker 9: Brooke, If I if you were really asking for a recommendation I would do, like Cripple Creek or anything that was a mining or a part.
Speaker 8: Of coal or anything.
Speaker 9: Why is that because dirty energy places quote unquote they get more tax benefits when they go sold Cripple Creek.
Speaker 1: If I went up there and bought I don't know, we'd have to make sure it's zoned right and all that. But let's just go from there. An acre.
Speaker 8: Yeah, if you did.
Speaker 9: An acre, and again we'll just use one hundred thousand dollars because it's easy. Of that one hundred thousand dollars, six thousand of it would be covered through government benefits.
Speaker 1: Plus I'd still have tax credits.
Speaker 8: Plus you'd still have the grants.
Speaker 1: Oh my god. Plus wait say that again, ninety six percent would be covered.
Speaker 8: By what just your tax credits.
Speaker 1: So instead of paying Uncle Sam a couple hundred thousand a year, basically I would I'd skate half of that for at least one year. Yeah, and then you would still get me grant money.
Speaker 8: Yeah.
Speaker 9: So of that one hundred thousand dollars project, you'd probably recoup an additional fifty thousand backs one hundred and fifty of that kind of project, Like I said, if you can find oil or coal land that can be designated a certain way and it's tied to a low.
Speaker 1: Income, that's incredible. Listen, I'm going to give her number out. We talk about Red Rocks all the time. Listen. For all the people that just own homes and want a great solar system, you call her as well. I mean they do everything. In fact, they'll fix old machines, they'll do whatever when it comes to solar. Everybody is in house. But the most impressive part about that company is a lady that runs in that's Brooke, And quite honestly, I am not kidding you everything she just said. She can tell you exactly how it works. Three O three seven O four two four four nine. I love when she's on three O three seven oh four two four four nine or redrocksars dot com. Everybody holds tight. I know that's a lot to digest, but I promise you it's worth the phone call. If you have or want a commercial project.