Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 2: I don't get political, but it seems these days that by the time I go up a ladder and come back down again, we've changed woman prime minister. I don't know what's going on at all. Maybe if I'm patient enough, I'll get a turn. If so, prepare to see some sweeping reforms in the field of steam engineering.
Speaker 1: I can tell you that.
Speaker 3: Hello everybody, and welcome to what will be the shortest ever episode of the Tom and Jerry Show with myself, Jerry McBride and himself Tom. O'Mahoney, because even though we love every single listener to the Tom and Jerry Show, Tom, you are mistaken. If you think I'm sitting in the hottest room in the house on the hottest day of the year, I am turning into soup over here.
Speaker 1: Watch this now, people watched us, Just watch us. You'll know by the end of it that Jerry's probably done an hour and twenty five minutes, given out yards and before you know it, he'll get up and go to leave, and the seat would be stuck to his anus. That'll be it.
Speaker 3: He'll have look down at the scroll bar here and you'll see it hour and forty five for all McBride's talk, but it's a hot one time.
Speaker 1: One of my favorite phrases from a heat like this is the bag wouldn't be long sticking to your leg. I think I actually invented that one myself, but I like it. I like everybody knows what it means. Do you know what speed and timing is? Is a thing er because I learned a valuable lesson at the weekend I was in. I was in Waterford and on the way back I had to come through a place called kill mc thomas. And there's one of these big airbeam or not the airbeam apple Apple Greens? Yes, and do now do like fast food Asian food? As if Asian food isn't fast enough anyway, this is even faster. And it's just one variance of the exact same fucking thing nineteen times over, kicking in shiny shit. And when you're starving, this is you know, like Corita bis sead as they say that delicious, delicious, And I ate it down with ghosto Jar and I would warm anybody who has a you know, an iron forty at least at most an Aaron forty of a drive, because that's that was where it is that's where things clocked off. Sure, an iron forty of a driver as that, and you find yourself at a service station full of cork j fans and lo and behold the door on the cubicle, absolute fucking lookally does not lock.
Speaker 3: Absolutely what I warned you about last week.
Speaker 1: It was the I honestly in my time of I mean we're talking, this was a photo finisher. I leave the family and the keys behind you, like, well, what are you getting into this ship? I had to go, no, you go start your own I will find you after an emergency, the last chopper out of Sidgon kind of scenario like this was. And then when I finally got in the door and the door doesn't even come to the thing has been like molested on the hinges and hasn't been fucking looked at in months. And you've got one hand, one index finger hold praying some youngster in a fucking cork boocket hat doesn't come flying in the door as as your Chinese comes back to see you. It was it was crazy. I'm I'm do you know what we're two days? Two days a day and a half really prior a post and yeah, that's me off the off the Asian list for a while, the fast the super fast food Asian stuff for a while. I agree, if you want to sponsor the podcast, no problem, but I can't endorse your your whatever's going on with that Chinese thing like a man can only a man's inside can only take so much MSG. And then to drink a flat white down on top of a chair. Not a good cop.
Speaker 3: I mean, like, I don't like the victim blame, nor do we like the victim blame on the Tom and Joy.
Speaker 1: I'm I have two hands in the air here, jr. Two hands, and I'm forty four years of age. Long enough I know that this combo is a terrible idea. I should have gotten a granola bar and it's just a bottle of water and a bottle of water and shut the fuck up. Instead, I ate like an asshole. Do you know the asshole who finds themselves on those TV shows? You know, thirty nine stone and goes I don't know how it happened. For like fifteen minutes, that's where my brain was at. I was that person, and thankfully I learned a lesson from my soda, all my insights and just a lesson that I've advised to anybody, go for it. But if you know where the next service station is within twenty to twenty five minutes, go for it. Go for roll the dice.
Speaker 3: But if you've got only young ones, if.
Speaker 1: You've got an arm forty minutes of back roads, don't do it. Don't fucking do it.
Speaker 3: Well there you there, there, you have the lay of the land for today's comedy output. Ladies and gentlemen. Tom's insides may not last an hour. I'm sitting here like I'm sitting in a freaking slow cooker.
Speaker 1: Do you know what you remind of? The bone you remind me of? Remember in that movie, the TV show Chernobyl, the guy that got blessed with all the protons and he just started to turn to lasagna over fucking two day period. As Jerry is like, he's, I mean, he's he's starting to crust. That's where he's starting to now, he's starting to bubble and crust. He's nice looking. If you looked into the oven door right now, but honestly, I'd say after about forty five minutes and it'll look it'll look blackened on the top, and I can last thing we need is Jerry having a black top.
Speaker 3: And that I can't even crack open a window here now because there's young guy's playing football outside. So I'll tell you what we do. I think it's best that we crack on with this show, buddy, we'll be in and out of here. And I said, well, we're not going to short change anybody when it comes to laughs that we've now that we've set out the terms and conditions.
Speaker 1: Yeah exactly, Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 3: But fuck it, we've gone ahead with the show. Ladies and gentlemen, this is time for the weekly what have you. This is a very complicated case, mad You know, a lot of ian's, a lot of outs, a lot of what have you, and uh, a lot of scrans to keep in my head.
Speaker 1: Man, it had to happen, Jerry, because it was jew It was due you.
Speaker 3: Six months had passed.
Speaker 1: Yeah exactly, So I mean some sort of ceremonial bell had gone off. I'm guessing somebody would have sword had to walk up through a building somewhere. They probably had to put a strange key in a thing and then shout out something three times, turn around and kill a crow. But the latest PM from Britannia has fucking jump ship.
Speaker 3: Do you know what the funny thing about it is? Tom okay, all of it. We're recording this on Monday as British PM care starmer has stepped down by the time this episode drops on Thursday, and another British PM might have stood down. That's the rate they're going through these focus at the minute. It's but I guarantee the new guy will be still there.
Speaker 1: It's both admirable and it's at a level that the kind of shit you know, there's mad countries you hear like Truckmenistan, although no, he ain't gone anywhere for a long time, that guy. But you know these countries you're like, do you know Albania? New countries like you know, and you can't even new or even all right, you know one they're just kind of fuck acting on and finding their feet when it comes to being a government because you know, there've been this long as you know, let's say, I don't know Team War, which is only twenty years old or something, is it independence, you'd allow them to fuck actually finding their feet a bit like but these bastards, lads, you've been at it a long time and it's snowballing with like it's completely acceptable now to not take the plastic off the cover of the company phone you got.
Speaker 3: Don't cut new keys for number, don't.
Speaker 1: Even put a name on the door, just put prime minister on the door. That's it.
Speaker 3: And long term listeners to The Tom and Jerry Show, we'll know we're not a political podcast, so quite frankly that the political commings and goings of our British chums really don't interest us all that very much. But the fact that Keir Starmer six months into the job joins why my count Tom becomes I should say, by my count, the sixth prime minister to step down in the history of the Tom and Jerry Show is really something.
Speaker 1: That's a good way to put it. Look at it. Yeah, yeah, we're still here.
Speaker 3: We haven't like swapped it out. Yeah, many have called for Tom I should be called the Tom and Hughes story. Tom Hughes Show, get rid of that Jerry fucker.
Speaker 1: Who do you think who do you think had the shortest in that time? Right? Because there's been great like we're up to fifty eight prime ministers.
Speaker 3: Right, I'm not going to fuck with no end of it now, But it seems like they're on a real hot streak of getting rid of people. I know David Cameron left like ten years ago after bregsit.
Speaker 1: Yeah he was exactly let me see.
Speaker 3: If I can even name them. Yeah, David Cameron left. And what do you call our trees of making in basically John Major in address exactly. Yeah, we don't, we don't look shame on the Tom and Jerry Show. But a ghoulish woman.
Speaker 1: Yeah, not mid type, I won't lie.
Speaker 3: You know, there's a there's a there's a there's a there's a there's a bolt for every note. But a gooulish looking woman. Boris Johnson, I want to say it came next right, and he fuck acted around for a wee bit. Yeah, and like he lasted longer than he should have, like he could have been gone within a form like let's take a bad look at this lad.
Speaker 1: They all kind of have the look for a prem you know what I mean that? Yeah, you know the oh yeah, you know they drive over, you know they like they hang out with Hays and Bouquet where.
Speaker 3: He's never done like what you or eye with glasses to be a day's work.
Speaker 1: No, And Boris Johnson always struck me as a fellow that does cocaine off dwarf's heads. Do you know what I mean? He's I would tell you one in mind, like.
Speaker 3: I'll tell you one thing for Boris Johnson. Do you know the way like every town has one of these lads, just a ladd in the pub that you know, not the fucking mess with. He's a pure bull ignorant. Yeah, like deceptively strong.
Speaker 1: Should say, the semi f that young fla. He leveled that child as some rugby tournament, like he just fucking like he didn't just he was wasn't looking another way. He dropped the shoulder on that young fla.
Speaker 3: Like he's he's like Mars Johnson's a lot of things, but I'll tell you what he is. He's a big man.
Speaker 1: He's a fucking big lump of him. But he has done behind him there like Harry Enfield has him nailed, like you know, Tim, Tim Nice, but Tim like you know, just a big foppish, fucking weirdough like with that ridiculous hair.
Speaker 3: But at the same time like Tim Nice, but Tim if he would like just crush a rabbit skull.
Speaker 1: But you you know, like Johnson was head head head of all those, He was head of all those lads in you know, skull and bones, like doing fucked up stuff like making on a basically do you know what I mean? All that's weird. Ship.
Speaker 3: He's never done a normal day in his life. Like here, who's after Johnson? I want to say, it was no trees may no, no, no, no.
Speaker 1: Liz trust Liz trusts.
Speaker 3: And now she was short because they run a thing in the paper that she wouldn't last the same amount of time as a cabbage fifty days ahead of cabbage fifty days. Yeah, yeah, I remember that day. I o by his money going on past fifty days and the heuse I'm.
Speaker 1: Looking for her, Yeah yeah, yeah, fifty days like there's there's there are fridge products in my fridge that are.
Speaker 3: Fifty days plus like that. I will have no, probably takes more than fifty days to get through a bottle of seven seas now you said it, you know. And then it was Rechi's bigger part Ricchi Suna after that, and then into Keer Starmer and now he's fucked out as well, Like I gotta tell you, when you take that into account, Tom, and then you take into account the fact that meehall Martin has been head of fen of falls since two and eleven for fifteen straight year. And it's not like he's not We're not a political podcast, Tom, but he's due a performance review, one would say, at least, right.
Speaker 1: I don't know how you like even in the company, unless you're killing it, you don't. You don't hold onto the flag that for that long. You just don't get like if you and your country I know is definitely not a company. And I know people because that's what Trump's initial thoughts was that he was going to run a country like a company or whatever, and it's not. But it's the same time. You drop the fucking ball that many times, and I know you've got a lot of fucking things to play off things, but at the same time you're.
Speaker 3: Like, here, you're not set up for success.
Speaker 1: One might say, but there's there's no recourse for failure either. But in Ireland there's no recourse. There's there's no reprocaussions, Like you just really.
Speaker 3: Isn't you just feel?
Speaker 1: You go what else?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 1: What else? Like what are we gonna do about? Who? Who wants this? You know what I mean?
Speaker 3: You know, the turn around and go look yeah, in Ireland they go like yeah, ever and ship, but like, come on, what do you want to do? Yeah, quit quinn. I'm not a quittor. And it's like, actually, yeah, you know what, leave him in charge for all that. Like this is madness, you know. That's like going out with someone that you fuck hate and you're like been with them a long time. Though at the same time, it's money wasted at this ditch.
Speaker 1: And if I'm not mistaken, I think our T shirt gets a lot more money in the PM now. I'm sure there's more potential as a PM to make money out down the side.
Speaker 3: With the opportunity to earn tom isn't that mad money at that on the sales the.
Speaker 1: Private the private sector after that, if you set up enough arms deals, you know, out of Afghanistan and stuff like that. I'm just saying that you could potentially end up in a nice little gig afterwards where you get show for it everywhere in the fucking mayback. But you're right in that it's admirable and laughable with the bridge all at the same time. It's laughable because they're running the fucking place into the ground and nobody seems to have a fucking hand on the tiller. But it is admirable. I think there's something to admire about either somebody having the fucking bottle to just fuck off an or for the British people to go it's a fucking disgrace. Get out, get out, you know.
Speaker 3: And like I'm soft hearted, Tom, if I had enough people yelling at me that I'm useless and I should leave, I'd be like terribly sorry for wasting your time.
Speaker 1: I had no idea that there'd be a point where you'd have like, there has to be a point where you go, yeah, they might be right at this. I might be way better a golf.
Speaker 3: You know, we've we've we as comedians, Tom know when we've outstayed our welcome on stage and we cut things short. What we don't do is like get ready for another half an hour. This lad's this is exactly an hour. Joke's more common.
Speaker 1: And you know what, you take pride in taking your licks and telling your friends. And I've talked on many podcasts about, as they say, in the business eating dicks. And we had a whole segment once upon a time called My worst giy Gamer and you're happy.
Speaker 3: To take it for a long time now.
Speaker 1: It did, But you know, what we knew when to park it. We fucking knew when to parket the last fucking sixteen years. I can tell you that point.
Speaker 3: I'll tell you that much. Here's the thing, Tom, it's it's and we're not going to spend all night talking about British politics because again we stress and let them matter. But it it's a completely different mentality from not just political life, but just job life. Like I personally, if I ever got a job, I would always say, well, this is my job now, and I will do this for as long as I can, and I will do the best I can. And I may not like it, but this is the job and we're going to we're going to keep going on it. And then you'd meet lads that will be just like quitting jobs every two weeks. Fuck it, I'll go on to something else, yeah, in another place, and like but they get given a new uniform or whatever it be, and they'd be like, you know, our fucking no, actually I'm going to jump I just kept jumping ship every six months, going around the place. Now I ask you, Tom, who's right.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean if if if if? Yeah, if at first your shite move on? Yeah, do you know that that gets an element. Now, I my my thinking with these fuckers of ours is that they can't see what to do afterwards? Do you know what kind of way like well, like are they all trying to get to the pensionage and just just clip it at that? Because what do you go do after that? Because you I mean, what do you hire me Hal Martin to do? Do you know what I mean? Maybe make a decent school principle or something like that, But what do you hire him to do? Because you can't put him out front of the house, you know as a sales guy, you know, because you've got a big windows firm and you know, like you do. You see a lot of sports stars end up falling into gigs like that where they go, I'm kind of the face of you know, the pm group or you know, I'm kind of the face of KPMG and Munster or whatever, and that's the thing that happens. You're like, yeah, he's an affable character, and he's nice, he shakes hands and he knows how to you know, buy a drink and buy there's nothing. There's nothing you can do with me. While Martin's sure the other end of.
Speaker 3: Things, Tom could I put forward a counter argument, retire bitch.
Speaker 1: Fuck could sit in the house.
Speaker 3: There's nobody sit in the house anymore.
Speaker 1: They want they want to fuck a pensioner. They want the pension.
Speaker 3: I know, I know this. I know it's a whole different mentality, but I've said it to you, Tom. There's I have a I have a in my head, and it's not high. If I ever got that amount of money into my hand, you would never fucking hear from me. Ye yeah, yeah, yeah. You'd sign up sign in for the podcast next Monday, and I just wouldn't be there. I'd be like, good Will hunting. You'd be rapping on the door. Yeah, I guess he ain't here, Will ain't home today, I'll be gone.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah. And I do you know what I I it dug into my brain. I was like, well, okay, well, what's the residing the thing with all these uh these pms. And something I remember hearing before was that the I know we have the likes of klongoes here, but which you know shapes boys for the future. Yeah, doesn't it just eating eating twenty of the fifty odd that's some percentage twenty of the of the of the the fifty eight pms went to eating. Now, I mean if that doesn't tell you, you know, you know the likes of Boris Johnson, David Cameron, I know they went. You know, there's and they have all the look at that pudgy school boy look like seven went to Harrow, which is essentially the same thing. You know. I think Bennett comber Back went to Harrow on the Hill, you know, Westminster. I think there was six uh fucking and Winchester College, which again is they're all four cheeks of the one arts, if you know what I mean, Like Richie sun as Soon that went to that, and you get that the odd ones like and typically their labor that went to as they call him, grammar schools, you know, regular schools. But like you know what I mean, like you know what I mean, they were they're either pupposed for the time like whatever, being driven by somebody who went to fucking eating behind them, like but when you look at it then it's it's you look at them. I just went, well, I wonder if they're in similar you know, I'm guessing not many t shocks went to my school, I can tell you and lo and behold, Yeah, well we all know Leo Radker. I mean he's more Tory than fucking the Tories. He went to wait here where he went to school? On? Go on, where do you reckon?
Speaker 3: He went to school? I know he's I know he's at our direction. So he went to like Castle Knock he.
Speaker 1: Went no, no, no, no, he went no no, no, no.
Speaker 3: No no no, not the lowly Castle Knock.
Speaker 1: Not lowly Castle Arch isn't enough. And I was thinking, oh, did he go to a crowd with you know, a decent sports program, because that's where you know, Because I was like, was it Michael's or Blackrock the Big Five? Did he go to? He probably went to Clongos did He probably went to clong Goes with the rule and of course he didn't play any fucking sports he went to and it's famous for something else these days. He went to King's Hospital School.
Speaker 3: Who who many with this institution? No, I you know, I gotta tell you concerned myself where people.
Speaker 1: Went to school a certain No, am I wrong? Or because you're more up to date with the news, a certain chat hanging out outside the school gates? Oh no, that's that's not a hospital school as well?
Speaker 3: No, it might be all right, but that's in Westmead, will you?
Speaker 1: Oh on a second, hold on, I.
Speaker 3: Gotta tell you to everyone, and then I'll be talking to people and to be talking about where they went to school, this, that and the other not you know, so and so he went to school here, and I'll be like, we're grown ass men and women here. What the fuck do we care where? People?
Speaker 1: I know?
Speaker 3: Yeah, just a whole different world, you know, it's a whole different ballgame. I turned around, go like, well, I went to school in Tech and character across.
Speaker 1: It's yeah, well it's not a millionmized. It's in Palmerstown, isn't Okay?
Speaker 3: Palmerstown is out their way here.
Speaker 1: Right, Okay? Well okay, well.
Speaker 3: Full of fucking soft handed. Yeah, come fight in Palmerstown. You know where to find me. You know where to find me?
Speaker 1: Where did you know me?
Speaker 3: In the clan Silane?
Speaker 1: I got because people I'm eating pizza with the kids, because people are shouting out what we call Wilson's Hospital School even more protty.
Speaker 3: That was another boy, Yeah, that.
Speaker 1: Was that was what That's enough for? Right?
Speaker 3: Well, I'll tell you what, Tom. We'll wrap up this segment with a very simple question, how long do you think there's new prime minister is going to last if indeed he hasn't been fucked out by.
Speaker 1: I reckon, we should send over me home Martin. Let him become the new prime minister. Jesus would not be nice because he like he went to another what he did.
Speaker 3: We're not a political podcast, but he wouldn't need to learn much to fit right in.
Speaker 1: No, no, he wouldn't. That's what happened. But no he well do you know what Leo like I said, he torrius fuck hates poor people. You know it goes on and you know I'm from an immigrant family. You are, yet your father was a doctor. Relaxed, you went to fucking King's Hospital.
Speaker 3: You're okay, Grant, it's one of these things. Is not like the other here?
Speaker 1: No, no, no, no, you were listen.
Speaker 3: I'll tell you what Andy Burnham I want to call him. I want to say the very best. Look, hope you don't get knocked out by Christmas. And he's not like I got fifty quid riding on you being knocked out before christ and make the new year. There, buddy, what party is he? Is? He?
Speaker 1: Labor?
Speaker 3: The labor?
Speaker 1: Okay, light tell.
Speaker 3: These days to be honest with you. Ah, that's I'll tell you. Oh, we'll do Tom still as a place in the cots is guaranteed. We will. We will park the British Politics section of the Tom and Jerry Show a first for the Tom and Jerry Show there. But we never know. We might come back when the when they start walking at this guy in in three months time. Enough about those lads, Tom, I have an idea. Let's talk about this lad.
Speaker 1: Now there's that guy. This lad is right up your street and I need to know more.
Speaker 3: He Well, when you say right up my street, Tom, I think what you mean is right right tracks.
Speaker 1: Well, right up your street. Car we'll call it so yes, indeed, probably yeah, because I didn't like how you said that at all.
Speaker 3: Don't don't doesn't sound a better in my head, is what I was going to say, Tom. This week's this Lad. Everybody knows what the segment this lad is all about. It's about like a very very special person that pops more than anybody else. Just it's just like stands out among the rest for good and for ill, sometimes because they do good, sometimes because they do bad.
Speaker 1: And we'll we'll we'll hold.
Speaker 3: Jury on this one, Tom, there's a train driver in Dublin. You know it's drivers and Donny goll I'll tell you that much.
Speaker 1: Starter to Lewis. Yeah, oh no, there's not like they're all turning into greenway. It's not to sect your bikes on.
Speaker 3: You know you don't need public transport in that direction. No crab a bicycle you all right? You can cycle to the hospital forty miles away. There is a train driver way, not the Lewis train. And he has gone viral and indeed has become a known character in the last eighteen months for his charming, uplifting and motivational speeches that he makes over the train's public address system while he announces what station is next. He won't just say this train is for Docklands. He'll say this train is for Docklands, and you're looking gorgeous today. Don't let anybody bring you down. Be the best you you can be. And remember, folks, it's only a day job. It's not worth falling for. It's not the love of your life. Don't fall on your way off the train. Things like this, and he features heavily on the line that I go to and from work with. So I've heard this many many times. How do this bop around for? He goes on several lines. I mean, I guess it's like, well, you're doing this route today, you're doing that route today, whatever, or you're gone the eight o'clock shift, you're on the nine o'clock track, whatever it might be. But several times on my way to work, I have had the pleasure of getting these motivational speeches, and I wanted to know your thoughts on it, Tom.
Speaker 1: I wonder I like the general feeling of a group of people, because there's nothing like Irish people in the morning for being a bunch of cyinical cons Like you could say the nicest thing to them, like here you fucking going on?
Speaker 3: It must be said, Tom, it must be said that he is buying large, universally beloved.
Speaker 1: Some of them. I read it. I'm glad you said charming, right, because you sent this on to me and I I started reading it and I sent it on to me and I genuinely read it like the guy was having a mental breakdown. I don't know why, because can I read it? It's a fine line, Tom, Can I read it in a different tone?
Speaker 3: Please please read it out to me. Read it out to me as you read it, and I'll read it as I would have heard it, because I've heard this pant dozen times.
Speaker 1: Okay, bing bong upcoming stations on your left there, please keep all doors clear. Heading for Connley. Now it's one day is raining, but sure remember, ladies and gentlemen, this life is for living and enjoying. I suppose, so long as you're doing what you you want to do, and Christ is not. It's not hurting anybody, never hurt anywhere, and you're having fun. Who cares? What cares Jesus Christ? It was? It was just a for the output. Why does she have to throw me out? Sleep in what anybody else thinks? Let's enjoy your day.
Speaker 3: You look, you look lovely.
Speaker 1: That's anybody and like.
Speaker 3: It couldn't come across as that.
Speaker 1: That's absolutely how I read it. I didn't think this was over and eight my perd. I thought this is over a weekend with his poor No, this is you know, don't slip and fall like so it sounds like he or somebody belonged to him slipped and fell like.
Speaker 3: Slip yeah, like your life.
Speaker 1: Like it sounded like he was being fired because he was you know, your job isn't worth fucking running for because or you know, he's losing out now because he's you know, he's broke his hip or something like. It didn't sound good to me as I read it, So I'm delighted that he's a charming fellow.
Speaker 3: It's more charming. Can I read that exact same passage how he would deliver bong bong? Hey, good morning everybody. I would like to thank you for traveling with us this morning, and I hope you have a fantastic day. And remember the ladies and gentlemen, this life is for living and enjoying. So as long as you're doing what you want to do, it's not hurting anybody. You're having fun. Who cares what anybody else thinks. Thanks for your attention, and have an absolutely mashing day. Okay, I mean, now, okay, what you gotta what you gotta put yourselves in the position for? Is hearing that at like quartery eight in the morning, That's yeah?
Speaker 1: I mean, and again I would I like I like it, I like it, and I want to have that backstory. But if not having that backstory and hearing that even genuinely, even in that charpy tone, I'd go something wrong.
Speaker 3: In the in the chirpy tone. Yeah, honestly the first time, I like, cause like, here's the thing with that man. In the morning, I would have my headphones in listening to quality podcasts such as The Tom and Jerry Show. Ah, I listened to them on repeat because I just fucking love the sound of my own voice. I skip past Tom spits. Understand. You hear the announcement and you face them out because it's normally next up Broombridge, next up, you know, Docklands, whatever it might be. But then you notice that, hang on, this annuntioninente has been going on for a while, and you take your headphones out and you here's someone midspiel like this, and a little part of me sounds like it just maybe it's the fatalist in me just goes, Oh my god, he's he's going to drive this train into a wall. Yeah, he's taking us all with him. He's like, ladies and gentlemen, I just want to say, this isn't your fault. This is all on me, and I apologize in advance, but this is just something I have to do. As he speeds towards the buffers at the Dockland station as fast as the train will go.
Speaker 1: Ladies in general, I had the plans to issue all a fantastic day, but I can promise you your day is going to go exactly how my day is going. And charn fuck you.
Speaker 3: I never liked you anyway on occasion, you know, and he's very cheerful, and he's a nice guy, and I thank him for doing it, and I will say, by and large, it never annoys me. Keep it up. But every now and then he sounds like, you know, he sounds like the joker. It's like, welcome everybody, Hello, ge citizens of Gotham, enjoying your ride to work. As you hear the sound, you might have thought this was just any other day, But I promise you this is a day you will never forget.
Speaker 1: Yeah, as the clip from a grenade fucking goes flying down the fucking the corridor, Yeah, honest.
Speaker 3: To god, Like on occasion when you just sort of half catch it and you'll be half asleep in the morning, you sort of half catch this chirpy voice coming over. And it's very like, ladies and gentlemen commuters every day you travel to work, not knowing that there was work that needed to be done. I am Jigsaw and you are in my trap. There is a key lodged in your rectum. Find the key. One passenger here has a key lodged in his rectum. Find the passenger and unlodge it, or you will all die.
Speaker 1: I don't even try and reach the ca I'm at home in Castle Knock.
Speaker 3: Yes is a recording, So again, I'm terribly sorry, folks. I'm a very jaded, very cynical, very bitter on occasion, very sleepy man on the train in the morning. Rarely do I get a seat frequently? Is it hotter than it is right now? And my man comes on and he's doing his best to cheer up a thousand people on a train going to work, and for nine hundred and ninety nine of those people he succeeds. Every now and then, I'm just like buddy, I'm reading the book. I'm reading the book here.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, ton of down. Yeah. It's almost like somebody tapping on the shoulder continuously to get your attention. When you know, when you've made it obvious that you don't want to be disturbed, they're going have a wonderful.
Speaker 3: Day for I mean, like some people will be yelling at that podcast right now and going new cynical Fox. We need more people like this, We need people like this everyone. Do you really want this chap? With respect a lot of time from what do you want them? Coming over the Tanney and Tasco. Hello shoppers, how are you all doing well? Listen? I gotta tell you we have a great special on corn Flex today. And speaking about corn Flix, you're the corn flake off my eye, you beautiful being. Why don't you just keep being the one rock star you know you can.
Speaker 1: Be speaking a corn Flix? Have you gotten that that thrush checked out Thrush cream at half price in the medical aisle.
Speaker 3: I just am here to tell you that any gentleman over the age of forty five you should probably check yourself in for a prostate and call on check because you never know, all that years of eating red meat now want special could be catching up on you.
Speaker 1: Yeah, there actually could be. You know, there could be. I think maybe for a sitcom or somewhere somebody is like, uh, fear of colon cancer, get yourself over to the fiber Aslee, like we have a special on Weita Bix. Like there's no there's what I I there's when people say if there's people listen to this on that train right now, and they're going, oh, yeah, that's you put the too cynical out folks. There is an element of plorabus to it, Like you've seen that TV show where everybody is a hive mind of happiness, everybody's happy. It's it's kind of creeps me out a little bit where I'm going. I it's not that I don't it's you know what it is to jar sometimes when it's I wish, I wish I wasn't so cynical. But sometimes I hear you know, you hear blokes and their influencers and stuff like that. They'll say stuff like guys, we need to be better to women, Like, yeah, what are you doing to women? You know there's something weird in me out by that kind of And I've had this from the opinion from women gone that creeps me out.
Speaker 3: When on occasion, on occasion, what it will be with me when he comes across the town, I'd be like, dude, what do you think the relationship we have is right now? Like we are not an audience for you, We're commuters, Like we just want to go for me to be do you know again this is because I'm grumpy and the morning, and you know what the problem is, I have quite often a literal pain in my whole, do you know?
Speaker 1: Do you know we can do a whole segment on the podcast and just a whole but the problem is, like we've seen the upbeat, you know, perky happy, you know, chappy flight attendants in America. Yes, hello, welcome to FI Midwell, it's that whole thing into that. But they have their spiel fucking down. They're banging it out there, They've got jokes in the middle. This guy's kind of creeping me up because it's like I did, these are inspirational quotes. You you know, you Wikipedia, you know you're on chat GVT in the morning for inspirational quotes. I get it, But dude, you've got to come in with this offline. Don't be just telling me to just not fall over, don't rush or fall you know, Jesus Christ, Like.
Speaker 3: I gotta tell you, you've been talking to me five minutes about how I should put a pep in my step and I'm a bright and shining snowflake. A I've forgotten what the next station is, buddy.
Speaker 1: The whole place fucking fumid with him because it's ship talking. Like I'm not saying it is nice to have good good customer service can sometimes catch you. But I think there's a more subtle way of going about it rather than just blurting out a big, heavy duty Remember guys, you are you are the love of your you know, yeah.
Speaker 3: You know that's it? And what can I say, Tom? To rescue puppies like myself, even love seems sharp.
Speaker 1: So I'm just like, there's a reason why I don't use public transport here.
Speaker 3: Tell you you'd be you'd be crawling along the roof of this train like speed to sort this out. So you would. But if you are indeed that lad, and you are a listener to the Tomenterry Show, we didn't say a bad thing about you. You know sometimes in the morning it's.
Speaker 1: Maybe okay, maybe that's maybe that's on us, you know what I mean, Just sorry, dude, but you you keep doing you but maybe just throwing a couple of.
Speaker 3: Maybe we're just mad jealous because you have a thousand listeners a day.
Speaker 1: What if?
Speaker 3: What amateur? But there you go, keep it up. I suppose that's what we want to say, Tom. We are going to bost On with the final episode.
Speaker 1: Finale, seeing you going to wrap this up.
Speaker 3: On slip on that one.
Speaker 1: No.
Speaker 3: The final segment My good Man, where we look back at ship that we've seen down through the years in a segment we call we Remember when.
Speaker 1: When I was a young lad twenty or thirty or forty years ago. This peaked. It was almost this guy almost become became the lad as a result. But then Jerry in fairness peaked it because this guy's kind of on running for a long time and his name is Akira Nikai.
Speaker 3: Got you got you got ship showing up on your Instagram, Tom that lun show open mind.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I know. I see this guy a lot. He pops up a lot and he's people recognize him. He's kind of wild haired, aloof Japanese. Guy is an out and out artist, was a drift champion back in the day, right, but he it's it's hilarious. It's like something out of events to their movie. How this guy shows up right, So they've he'll get flown by private jet to like a hangar in you know Barray, right, and there'll be so many and he'll show up with no no shoes, on. You know what I mean nothing. You know, he may have a bandana or something and he'll have a couple of lads behind him with all his tools and bits and bobs, and he would only specialize in classic sports, uh sports, Porsches. Now he ain't doing your box. So this this, this is, this is this is.
Speaker 3: A guy that works on cars.
Speaker 1: He's a car modifier.
Speaker 3: This car modifier.
Speaker 1: I'm just going to give you the quick rundown on this guy. He's he's I mean, he's a fucking bluffer. If you ask me. Do you know these lads you see their artists and this you know this last you know what we're going to tell you if he's a butler with a hurry for twenty minutes and everybody pay fifty quid to watch this genius at work. Like he is the he is.
Speaker 3: The Salt Bay Yeah modification.
Speaker 1: Now you now you nail. He is the Silicon King, like he's filling your three hundred grand fucking car with silicon putty filler, like he's putting big and then he signs it down the bonnot invariably. Here's the mad thing, and this is the brilliant thing about art. The car will be worth more because he selected and he just rocks up. He's smoking on the plane. He just stands back. He'll stand in the corner on his head doing fucking handstands with a fagging and his mouth thinking and looking and seeing them. I seeing the Cara, all the arty arty moves that you would see Will fer or Ben Stiller.
Speaker 3: Do you know in a movie?
Speaker 1: You know what I mean? One of these.
Speaker 3: But like he's as far as all I can tell he's doing is like he's filling in the gaps on a spoiler on a Super Mario.
Speaker 1: They're all portions right, and he'll just he'll stand back with a fucking multitude, like you know, take a chunk out of a thing, put putting an air vent in it and just fucking into the air. Some bass has to catch it, and that's him done. He'd say, he won't speak to anybody who'd just walk out, flick a fag in the fucking air and rock star moment, like you know, flames around him and that's it. Back on the jet and back to wherever is in Japan, and fuck knows what you owe him. He's just and.
Speaker 3: Chris knows what he's done. So this is this is a Kraen modifier that again the salt Bay of Karen modification comes out. Fuck acts around the place does as far as I can tell, very little work to your already incredibly expensive McLaren sports car. And then, as Tom says, stubs the fag out in a way out he goes, yeah, we were gonna tell him as this lad, but like that's pretty That's pretty much all we got for him on what he does. But it did get us talking about car modification now. I know last week we talked about the difference between Toyotas in the eighties and toyotas today. We didn't talk about the actual modifications of those cars. So it's a nice part too to that because we've got some lovely comments on that, which we will have now in a little second. It's a nice part too to talk about the history of car modifications as we've seen it down through early years, because it went from very very little Tom to what we have today. I think, do.
Speaker 1: You know what it was? It was definitely a heightened thing in the nineties and the mid early two thousands. I don't I don't think lads go to that level anymore. So it doesn't seem to be as many car modification shops around the place. Every town had, you know, the auto car, and it seems to be more I think the Eastern European thing, and a lot of lads just want BMW's, you know, and stock things done to them to make them look.
Speaker 3: Well, that's the cars we talked about last week that we're off the shelf. Okay, here's what Here's how the windows went down in a stock car, and here's they used to go down with the wind then then they went down a button in Karen modification. I'll tell you what I remember from like maybe a little in the eighties. I would have been very, very small, and who the fuck would have been driving a model car in Carrot Macross in nineteen eighty eight. But what you would have at best would be maybe some decals, maybe some furry dice, you know, nice seat covers, and towards the mid nineties, a CD player in your car that wasn't in it when you bought it. Now, these are level of modification we're talking about. In the nineties, you know, they get like what do you call the visor strip on the windscreen with Tom on one side and Jerry on the other do you.
Speaker 1: Know he should actually do that? But they went mad down here. They went mad like the late nineties around here, soft Jesus. And it's one thing to take a car. We'll say, let's say you took a golf, yes, and you took a bog basic golf and you put it, you put your GTI kit on it and you put all GDI looking things on it to make it look like a GGI. But you obviously are eighteen years of age. You can't afford the insurance for a GGI. You've got a one point four. It's when you're seeing cars that have no heritage in sports whatsoever, and you're going, ah, I didn't know. I'll tell you that was about Berlingo. There was a Berlingo fucking you know, racing, racing, fucking team like that was.
Speaker 3: That was about the height that the car modifications in the nineties and character cross was if you put floodlights on the.
Speaker 1: Van, yeah yeah, yeah, yeah, the Hello ones that have and I mean that's for lamp and rabbits, like, let's be honest, you know, for lamping Fox there was there was different things came from, like you got a lot of lads around here coming back from Germany. There was a lot of guys went to Germany to work it came back. But it never interested me when I saw the lads. No, I never did.
Speaker 3: I just all I wanted was it always put me to the panamic collar to buy a car, let alone do anything to it.
Speaker 1: I just I remember in my at sixty, I think in the decision was made in my head. I was driving around town with one of the lads who was a bit older than us, and he had all the shite done to the car. Like the car immaculate, but he had all the shit done to it. He had a big whale tail spoiler that I do believe. My younger brother sold him from a car modification shop that he worked in and it had no business. I even remember ringing my brother a going what did you do? So? What is this? I sold it him for five hundred and ninety euros. So and I get commissioned on that time so he can take as many start a whale tail spoiler that came on the Escott cosword, which also served no purpose at all to aesthetics only like it just about works in a Formula one car. I can tell you now it's not too much even on a cosseward. But anyway, he's old and we were driving around and it was a moment of clarity. And it was at twelve o'clock on a Saturday night. We're all eating chips or whatever, and there was a moment of clarity between four blokes sitting in the car cruising around on Saturday night and I'm gone, we're we're all dudes.
Speaker 3: Yeah, where's that? Where's the lasties here?
Speaker 1: Where's the boats? Like? What are we doing? What? And I'm like, oh no, And I remember asking the guys like do girls ever want to get the car? Like? I know there's four lads of a.
Speaker 3: Characters being around with our common interest is the car we're sitting in.
Speaker 1: And I tell you, I'll tell you, I'll tell you.
Speaker 3: The modification creep as I experienced the Tom was number one. Spoilers started coming. You bought a car without a spoiler and you could put a spoiler on it. Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, this seems basic. This is what we witnessed in our lifetime in Ireland. Following the spoilers came the body kit. You got a body kit for it and you could put the trim on the side, and again this is where your man would come in and silicon and do the job nicely. Up in character was a lot of poorly put on body kits because I.
Speaker 1: Saw I remember one time saying, I was fucking it was. It was, you know the black we haven't had the house here that black have Gothuran.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, yeah, he actually had that on the side of that did, surely.
Speaker 1: He did, and you knew it was. But he did blend it out with like you know, car talking, you know, the.
Speaker 3: Whatever you call it, which is what this other fuck the Rangers be doing. Yeah, yeah, yeah, And here was the other one that this was that was car modification for young lads that wanted the car to look like a Transformer, you know, you know, grown ass men didn't do that. But Ally wheels got everybody when Alli wheels. These days, ally wheels will probably become a standard. Not back in the mid nineties, it was a very very specific thing to buy and put on your car, and even older people even dazz like the Pair of Allies.
Speaker 1: Yeah they did, yeah they did, and they were like.
Speaker 3: We're of an age where these things got they were so precious. They got robbed. The old you know, The old joke is like, don't park in that don't park in that estate, don't park in that neighborhood. When you come back, your car will be up breaks. Do people even leave cars up on bricks anymore? Who's stealing fucking allies these days?
Speaker 1: I can't imagine anybody is like I mean, like the the I guess the break the breaking market or if you have you know, a very rare causework.
Speaker 3: And very very rare pokemon alloyes.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I can only imagine that it would be come down to you like they or you know, the little ones under under those those twin cams, you know the toilet twin camp, like those little ones there.
Speaker 3: Big exhaust that was another thing that was big, big.
Speaker 1: Exhausting there was. It was awful. Sometimes you see some lads and you go, okay, you've gone for the full change of the exhaust. But again it'd be something like on at one point three Corolla, what is the point of this? But at least they went that far to bring a full exhaust system on through it. Yeah, which may or may not give a horse power to more performance sound for sure. But it was the lads that you just see like chrome tips put on you know, the little pipe on the end of their inch fucking exhaust stuck on the end of it.
Speaker 3: Like I hear, what are we doing here, lads?
Speaker 1: Yet, like I have admiration for lads that would get to the silly place because you know, you could buy the mud flaps with back off and all.
Speaker 3: This ship, yeah, the dragon mud flaps.
Speaker 1: And but I did often I would kind of give a tip of the cap because there's lads that would go, like lads put fucking like you know, mirror balls in their car, you know, in in with the central light like you know stuff. But there was I remember seeing that they would have like you know, grotesque sair of pair of fucking you know, chrome balls hanging off a ball. Okay, do you know what. There's a bit of humor and that like fair enough, But you're getting lads then they're taking their you know, their their their Fiesta and they're getting the engine remapped up to one hundred and nine horse power. Like, dude, that just costs you a fucking six months. Way, just what are you doing? You know, I'll tell you.
Speaker 3: I'll tell you one big thing we experienced in our lifetime. That and again I was never a modified car enthusiast, which I believe is the yeah third term that they like. There have been several other terms yell across town, but we'll go with modified karentthusiasts. There was one big moment for modified car enthusiasts that that I feel really kind of was it was a turning point for it. And it was in two thousand and one when al Qaeda attacked the Two Towers.
Speaker 1: And Jesus Christ there okay, oh.
Speaker 3: Wait, no shit, no, no, it was in two thousand and one when The Fast and the Furious was released.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, leads when and you're looking at as Leeds driving like German you know, German based sports cars and they've got like a Japanese dragging up the side of You're like.
Speaker 3: It really was you know, nine to eleven for modified arenthusiasts, but good like it was really a big moment in their lives because the cars, and I knew lads that would never set foot inside the cinema in their life went to see Fast and the Furious to see the actors or anything like that. It wasn't like, oh well at Starns so and so I have to see it. They were going to see it because there was a Tyota super in it to be fair right in this and sky like like actual cars that I could theoretically own.
Speaker 1: I genuinely think I genuinely think that that that movie, or that series of movies, that's first couple anywa where they were Japanese based.
Speaker 3: I was actually driving cars on the street and not parachuting onto a volcano or whatever the fuck it became.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I I genuinely think that that that that couple of movies has solidified the the classic Japanese sports car market in Ireland still, like like you can't get a Superfer and loved them, and you can't get a you know three hundred, three hundreds X or whatever it is, you can't get you know, fuck you can't get them, Like do you know get you get these one hundred preludes SDI Because the brother in law has one behind in the garage that he has like he is a car enthusiast still and he built his from the ground up with all the raco seats, Like the thing is ready for the track, but it will sit in the garage and wakeforgure is gathering money.
Speaker 3: As it sits there. Well, you know, like a fine wine.
Speaker 1: It really is, and you kind of I was gonna, what are you doing? But the ones I just want to talk about the mods that made me laugh, like and again you're going ahead, we.
Speaker 3: Have we have another big we have another big moment for kar enthusiasts coming up though, go ahead.
Speaker 1: Time neon lights underneath the neon lights.
Speaker 3: That I feel that was a real fast and furious time was Yeah, green lights underneath.
Speaker 1: It and good if you're driving the streets of l A or the streets of of you know, Tokyo whatever like, But if you're driving the streets of Tip Town, you know where the county council might or might not have, you know, told you about a fucking speed ramp that they just put in.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and you lose it across the bottom of it.
Speaker 1: You lose it across the bottom of it. But there were Like for me, I I took more enjoyment from listen. It's I don't see it. It's been an unhealthy obsession at all. No, And you know what, if lads are going to go at it, they're going to go at it, and it's better than fucking putting it up their nose or whatever. Like fair folks. You know, mind it, keep between the digits, don't drive it like a cant. But it's when I saw that the likes of the lights underneath their lads, the real culture, like the big thing now with culture lads in car modification. And I saw I was down at the Rally the Lakes. I was. I was doing a gig in the Glen Eagle a couple of years ago and it was during the fucking Rally the Lakes. It took me an hour and a half to get to get there. And you see the amount of these lads would like Volkswagen Borers or Prosetts they've got and you know they haven't put a lowering kit on it. They've just cut the fucking coil springs.
Speaker 3: The thing, it almos amazes me. When I saw a sticker on the back of a car, a modified carr and was like, be patient, I'm lowered, and it was because he has to tip too over, but little prayer at the back, please be patient with me. I've got a lower suspension. I can't possibly take a hump.
Speaker 1: The big thing with these lesson I was putting big fucking ext chimneys on them. In the diesel ones and leaving the rest of the car clean, but leaving all at the back of it black. I did see one that particular night, and I thought on on a meme on Instagram, but this was for real, and I had a picture. It had this exhausts in all fernst and they were pretty well done. They were coming up the side and underneath the skirts too, exhausts and I it had gretted Tonburg over the exhaust, huge black plumes just coming out of her nose. I got it. The ingenuity involved in getting.
Speaker 3: That they could only use this powerful good Tom.
Speaker 1: Do you know if that fucking made me happy? It was funny in the moment, like you know, but it was. It was put you're right, Fast and the Furious was the rocky for you.
Speaker 3: I'll tell you If Fast and Furious was the rocky, then Pimp My Ride was the raw four fuck me just madness upon madness. Uh, you know, everything just dialed the fuck up to eleven ah, And I don't know that much if any of it stuck. I think this was like car modification, taking the piss out of itself.
Speaker 1: It is by eat work, you know, this was you know, talk about it devouring yourself like this exactly. This ended the popularity and the relative coolness of car modification. They made it cheesy and shit because they were just trying to make more TV and to a point where even exhibits was like what what is Look, we put a TV inside a fish tank inside your for Granada. Isn't the class? What? This doesn't make any sense?
Speaker 3: I remember one that one pimp my ride. He had just casually mentioned that he liked playing poker with his pals, you know, just poker with the lads, and they had a card shuffler that would spit poker cards out the exhaust, Like, well, you can be dealing cards like a black jack shoot a back black jack shoe, just like spitting out cards at the back of the exhaust.
Speaker 1: To what end?
Speaker 3: What are we doing here?
Speaker 1: There was there seemed to be no engine modification like and I always had the tip of the cap like. I remember meeting a guy one time and he'd a he was an older chair. I couldn't believe I knew his son. He's an actor and a bit of a softy, you know, you definitely couldn't see a ratchet in his hand. But met his dad one day. His dad had a. He had a mark one grenade right, and it looked like a piece of shit, like it was beating up rust nothing done to it. But when you look closely, you're like, that thing is sitting a bit low. And you look underneath absolute rat rod. The thing was complete rest them out underneath, full struts, full like everything and either five point five or Mustang engine hiding it and you're going, okay, coolest fun because to look at this thing, it looks like, you know, if plants were grown out of the boot of it, wouldn't it'll be fine. But it was immaculate underneath the shell. I kind of love that, you know, this this sleeper, the sleeper effect that he had, but it was the so any engine, you know, any engine modification, I'd always have a tip of the cap for that. I'm like, okay, there's more about you.
Speaker 3: You know what you're doing here.
Speaker 1: But when you start seeing you know.
Speaker 3: God bless them hamp on dispensers.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and you know there's bubbles out the exhaust. Now, well that's great because I like bubbles when I was four. Thanks very much for that. Does it go any faster? Well, no, Actually, you can't drive too quickly. Because all the filler that we put in will just crack and fall off, and it now weighs a ton and a half. Have you and you'll never ever get it through a test.
Speaker 3: And does this and you're you've out of my car and you're giving it to me now with a year's insurance. Of course you're not. Okay, well, okay, well this is going to be robbed promptly.
Speaker 1: Or when I do go to insure it and they go, have you made any modifications, you're well, doesn't gain he be pig farm qualify as that because.
Speaker 3: In the back of it, I don't think that it's got nine televisions.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's got nine did you say nine television Yeah, nine televisions, a fish tank and.
Speaker 3: Bullet.
Speaker 1: Only one of the carri doors works and that's on the roof now, yes, indeed, but it was. Yeah, they've ruined it. I think they ruined car modification.
Speaker 3: I think it was beyond parody at this stage. So like, you know, it's it's, it's it's it's a hard one to come back from. When people are like, oh, yeah, look at pimp my ride over here is like, well, yeah, okay, I suppose you have me there all right, we did we we didn't touch on it.
Speaker 1: I can't get away from it. But because there was magazines like Max Power and stuff. Yeah, I knew a guy. He he became quite I won't sayhim famous, but he was hugely admired in Cork because he managed to get his wait near this, his punto into X power because of what he did to it. He he had one money with the lotto or something like, not not the life changing, but he won like let's say, fifty thousand on the lotter, right and plugged it all into this fucking.
Speaker 3: Thing, fifty thousands of the amount of money that I would take to never be heard of again, by the.
Speaker 1: Way, you know, like this is what, this is what. And he like the thing too to give him his due. It was perfect if you like that sort of thing.
Speaker 3: The silky chapel of Ponto's.
Speaker 1: There was nothing like there was nothing to left, nothing left on MODI fight and that was him made for life, sold us for a tenth of what he put into it. Yes, but they were I mean the classic cars that seem to be all kind of hot hatches, like the two of five GTI you remember is they were everywhere, but they were fucking brilliant. The one was six gtis. There was novas you know, you you know st S scards every like a lot more than today. You have the Focus st and you've obviously the GTI gos. But almost every car like you were getting to tell you to start at glens End, you remember those they were these fucking months and they all put these dump foul things into any car of horrible yeah, and it sounds, yeah, it sounds like the car sneezing. But there's almost I would say, wagers, there's very few cars car crowds now folks and the you know their lower range smaller hot hatches too yumphulous these days, you know, like putting them they look like for outrues nowadays. Back in the day, you know, they'd have an ST sticker on them, were and they'd have a bit extra maybe in the way of style. But they don't seem to do that anymore. I don't know why. But game's gone, tam the big thing that I think that any lad started with. And there'll be people shouting and say if we don't mention it, if you start anywhere before you have the price of the alloyes of you the pai this you had to put sars in. You had to. So this is it.
Speaker 3: This is the one thing you could get. We mentioned the last week that car stereos was a whole industry into itself, Like that's you you had.
Speaker 1: To Oh yeah, you could get. He made the box, the carpeted box for like the subs or MDF enclosures that you know, they make him out of MDF and carpet and he'd fill it with speakers and a suboard fron He put in a like a six stick changeable CD thing and he would wire a stock beside.
Speaker 3: Your your I had one in a fucking Fiat Ponto that I that I drove did yeah it was on it uh And it was the first carrier I ever bought. I just figured, well, I get that's handy. That's in every car now is it? Ever had a car again? A ten changer in the back. And when it come time to sell that carrier man bought it, like you know, and that thing was you know, I had not driven it gently the first carrier ever bought. And I asked him for I think it was like eight on the the Europe was like yeah, absolutely, Like you don't like it? Was eight hundred bucks and started candle out of his hand because he's seen the fucking CD changer in the back when that was five years straight away.
Speaker 1: And you know what you're and I'm going to say something you. I was in Wexford a couple of a couple of months ago to do a gig and I think I might have mentioned it on the podcast I like, and I'm now sure of it because people have contacted me since that. Everything has gone full circle again. And I wonder because now kids are wearing raver jeans. There's gone on the day of skinny jeans. It's gone. Like girls especially they're wearing shit like they're off to a rave in nineteen ninety eight.
Speaker 3: They're driving unmodified car.
Speaker 1: No, but they they're they're dressing like they're wearing raver gear. Yeah, like the shame and are now backing back on tour is now you know they're it's a go in the places. Been a really funny fights and guys remember like that guy's back out again, like the Prodigy never turned. But in Wexford that day I saw like four girls that were they were dressed like they were going to a Spice Girls concerts. You know what I mean, And in that moment, like noineteen or two thousand and two, punto went past me. When the fuck did I last see one of them that shape, you know, the one that shape like a boot, you know it shaped like somebody's fucking ski boot, And I'm like, what the fuck this? So I'm wondering, Jerry Will Will we have to revisit this podcast with a weekly what have you with karmods that are now making a comeback on as a result of the Tom and Jerry Show talking about it.
Speaker 3: Let's find out, Tom, let's find out and I'll tell you where you'll find out about it. First, ladies and gentlemen, is in the social media channels because we've done date it again. Man, I said, we're gonna be off this thing in thirty five minutes. We've been on here for about an hour and I am, ah gooey. Let's just say, might not smell great. We can follow us on social media at Tom and Jerry, Tom with a T, Jerry with a G. You'll find us on Instagram sticking Tom and Jerry on Instagram. We look like we sound, We're not hard. Found me over on Blue Sky at Jerry McBride him good self is on Instagram at Tom o'manony e in that o'many over on Instagram. We had some people chime in while we're talking about cars. If you don't like cars, sorry about the last half hour of this episode and last week as well. We won't talk about a single car next week. No, but we had people chime in, including me. Hall there chimes in about the Koreina two. He said, can't beat the Kreina two. Tom, he had one back in the day or his family had one back in the day that did nearly three hundred and seventy five thousand miles.
Speaker 1: And that's the two with like, that's like Roman numerus two of them. Correctly. The Kareena e came out after that, I think, yeah, did.
Speaker 3: Three hundred and seventy five thousand miles. And then the NCT came in and the tug of an NCT and the NCT was like, I newd.
Speaker 1: Just shook their hand at the door. Leave it here.
Speaker 3: I think you knew this day was coming. What else have we got? We have Donald? Yes, indeed, Donald says he has an eighty eight redge. Again, everybody loves the Korea I'm sorry eighty eight Redge the cards calling to the door about it because he was driving it at sixteen when you're only supposed to be driving your tractors were Again this is this is not yesterday, this is the nineties. But still in all he was put off the road by the guards, and his man had to drive him to work, and his mom was mad and him.
Speaker 1: Forgetting caught driving when he was sixteen.
Speaker 3: This is it necessarily, not necessarily for driving, but for getting put off the road. And Cormack as well chimes in, he had in this answers only and listen the blueboard and his mad and I would have liked to see this card. Tom had a you go, which I never had a pleasure of. And I've never sat in the ladder either. Oh, back in the day, folks in the nineties, ladder cars were the joker.
Speaker 1: They were. And I knew a guy up the road that used to buying brand new. I think I told him before he used to buying brand.
Speaker 3: New, like the one ladder joke that I remember. This is goddamn. I'm pulling this from thirty years ago, Tom more forty years ago. Ah, why do ladies have heated rear windows.
Speaker 1: Keep your hands warm when you're pushing it.
Speaker 3: Keep your hands warm when you're pushing them.
Speaker 2: There you go.
Speaker 3: What else do we want these fine folks to do?
Speaker 1: Tom lead a comment if you are going to leave it there, or if you find it, yeah, we'll read it out. Just find Go ahead and on Spotify because you've probably hit subscribe if you haven't hit subscribe as well as the belts so it pops into your phone. You're giving us an absolute I'm blushing with how how good the ratings are where. We're still rocking a five star tanks to tea, So right now go rate. If you're han't rated, please do give it a rating. It just makes it more visible to everybody else. Other than that, just comment, comment, and share as much as you possibly can. That'd be great.
Speaker 3: Any if any of your pals are going on holidays and they're like.
Speaker 1: Oh shit, I got no podcast.
Speaker 3: Now you're talking on the plane, I know, why will I listen to? I've listened to every other podcast, Go and what I listen to? Just turn around on hey, you know what? Throw in a couple of top episodes of The Tom and Jerry Show.
Speaker 1: Oh but by the way, er I've been talking about this podcast on stages for the last couple of weeks because I'm building a new bit right and I will talked because I just want to promote the podcasts. I don't need to go where the inspiration for the bit came from. But I stum found myself stumbling into school tours and another another woman, God, she got brought to the joy as well as a school tour and she went to school and kill Dare.
Speaker 3: Yeah it's a whole big thing, baby, yeah yeah, yeah, so yeah.
Speaker 1: And also the bad situation and the comic and with me. He was a gigging with me at the weekend. He I didn't realize he was such a bad tow enthusiast. Driving back from the gig he listened to the podcast. He went, fuck, I have a bad guy that will literally draw in that for you. Tom. So we have the bad situation in hand for the Midge's very very enthusiastic about that situation.
Speaker 3: You love to see it. Keep an eye as well. I've got a gig coming up in Dublin in the Core area coming up. I'll shut it out. It is Crackademia, which takes place in Rascal's brewing. Oh yeah, So I'm up next month on the fifteenth of July. Fifteenth of July in Crackademia. I have a wonderful topic to talk about. It's half comedy, half ted talk all crack Crackademia. Keep an eye on the social media channels. I will be pimping that like.
Speaker 1: Exhibit used to pimp.
Speaker 3: You're right, Tom.
Speaker 1: Nice, I'm yeah this weekend and I think I'm it's going to be pretty sexy. I think there's about seven Where is that again, sorry time, mister, I mean Kenny this weekend, Kenny Kenny Show Tour, showing to Kenny this weekend, and yeah, and then we go over to the I'm going to be talking at the wellness veest. So I'm going to talk for fifteen minutes story about how I'm just probably pretty much just going to quote everything for our podcast. How stand up comedy is good for your health. I guess it is more than anything. I'm just standing aside, I'm filling the air while then my wife comes on stage and gets her hair chopped down.
Speaker 3: You know, I'm go Tellia, I don't want to go back to a bit, Tom, But like man on the Train, like he's he's spreading joy among people, among an audience. And I gotta be honest with you, that's our job.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and we do it to get paid.
Speaker 3: We can't have you given it away for free. I reckon, we go fucking smack this fell in them out with a sock full of coins, Like fuck that.
Speaker 1: Guy is true muscling in on our territory.
Speaker 3: Fuck that guy, And have you given it away when we're trying to sell it?
Speaker 1: Buddy Jesus Christ, Rice, just say go on till him.
Speaker 3: Take care, body, get a lick