Speaker 1: The following is a paid podcast. iHeartRadio's hosting of this podcast constitute's neither an endorsement of the products offered or the ideas expressed. The following program is sponsored by Invite Health, who is solely responsible for its content.
Speaker 2: Welcome to Invite Radio. You're about to receive responsible, life changing information on health and nutrition. You'll hear from Invite professionals who are leaders and targeted and anti aging nutrition. Get ready for tomorrow's Nutritional Science Today right here, right now.
Speaker 3: Hello, and welcome to Invite Health Radio. I am doctor Amanda Williams, Scientific director at Invite Health, and I've got good news and bad news. I'll start with the bad news first. It's our last show of the year. I can't believe we're already wrapping up twenty twenty four. But I've got good news, and that's we are having our holiday buy one, get one free sale going on right now, so you can wrap up twenty twenty four get into twenty twenty five on a positive, upbeat note, focusing on your wellness. So that's what we're going to do this morning. We are going to zero in on many of the different formulations that you can take advantage of during our holiday bogo. Remember with our bogos, you buy one at the retail price, you get the second bottle free. So it's a wonderful time. I would say to stock up on your favorites, but also to try some new items. So we have many new products that we launched over the past year, including our entire gummy line, which have been quite the hit. Jerry Hickey and myself we have We've heard your requests and people have been asking us for years, hey, can you guys, you know, make some gummies? And Jerry and I would sit there and we would have these discussions that are like, well, how in the world can we make a gummy where it's not like a candy, where it's actually good for you. And we were able to pull that off this year. So we have a wonderful line of gummies available for you. The Fiber Gummy, that's my favorite reason why we know Americans just don't do enough fiber intake in their diet, so this is a really nice way to incorporate in a higher intake of fiber. So if you have two gummies, that's giving you three grams three grams of fiber, so that's a simple way to try to boost up your fiber intakes. We know fiber is incredibly important. A lot of times when people hear the word fiber, they think, oh, this is for digestive health and for healthy bowel movements, and of course very important for that, but also critically important for maintaining your blood cholesterol levels as well as your blood sugar levels. So cholesterol is really key. So we have all of our gummies. We have the digest of probiotic gummy that's an excellent choice and just as a side note on the digestive probiotic gummy that has five billion colony forming units of the basilla's coagulans. That's one of the most predominant healthy bacterias that we find in our gut. But it's really key when we think about the microbiome that we don't overlook the oral microbiome, so in your mouth, so we always want to zero in on that. So we have many different products that we can utilize to help to enhance the health of our gums because dealing with periodontal disease or gingivitis, that's not ideal because we know that this can then shift focus from those bacterias that are residing in your mouth and create havoc throughout the entire body. So there's such a strong correlation between periodontal disease and heart disease, so we always want to focus on mouthcare as well. So using the digestive probiotic gummy, using the zinc lozenges, the oral coenzyme Q ten. These are all chewable, so just think about that. You know that when it comes to the lining of your gums, they require healthy bacteria, they require coenzyme Q ten and of course zinc. So this is a nice routine. And you can also use the green TTX. That's kind of my little protocol when it comes to oral care. So maybe you take a few drops of the green tea and just add in with just a little tiny bit of water and swish that around in your mouth. And those catechins that come from the green tea very helpful when it comes to targeting that negative s of bacteria that can occur in the mouth. And then you chew on your digestive probiotic gummy. We're laying down good, healthy bacteria into the mouth, and then we use our oral coenzyme Q ten, which also has DMG in that which is dimethyl glycine, so it helps to enhance your body's production of glutathione. So really nifty way to start the new year with a healthy mouth. So if you want more information on anything that I talk about, remember you can always reach out to me directly A Williams at invitehealth dot com. But you can also stop by one of our stores or give us a call and we are happy to patch you through to one of our available nutritionness. We're open seven days a week, and we have wonderful folks who have been with Invite Health for so many years and they are so well versed on the many aspects of wellness. I always say wellness doesn't come and just you know one simple form. Wellness isn't just about well. I'm going to take my REDSHX from Invite Health and call it good. We have to look at everything in totality. We have to assess you know, what's your diet, like, do you exercise? I saw a Goofy commercial just yesterday. I was watching some of the bowl games. This is my time of year. I love watching college football, so it's bowl game mania right now. But they had a commercial and these people were dressed like baked potatoes and then they were sitting on a couch, so they were being couch potatoes. But it's really true. Americans through the years have become more and more sedentary. So if you find that you have that tendency to be more sedentary, that's okay. But have that conversation with one of our nutritional experts because maybe we can find a creative way for you to get more active and off the couch, because movement is key, but we have to find the right way to achieve this. I always say, you know, as people are getting ready to set their New Year's resolutions, don't set yourself up for failure. You know, I always use myself as an example. I'm not going to go sign up for a gym membership because I'm certainly not going to go, and then I'm going to guilt myself, you know, three days into it and say, oh, I have this gym membership. But I'm never going so set reasonable, attainable new Year's resolutions. Most people want to focus on one of two things. One is I'm going to eat healthier or I'm going to exercise more because I want to perhaps lose weight and so you want to work with one of the Invite Health nutritionists so that we can assist you in actually achieving those goals because they're not always the easiest, especially if you've been kind of stuck in your ways for many years. So we want to take almost in a sense of baby steps towards achieving those resolutions that you're setting for yourself. So we look at wellness in this kind of this big umbrella. So we have to look at the diet, we have to look at exercise. Then of course we look at dietary supplementation and where that can actually enhance our health. And then we look at other factors. You know, are we dealing with high amounts of stress? Do we have disrupted sleep cycles? Because all of these things can hinder our wellness journey. So if you can't stop by one of the stores, like I said, just give us a call or go to our website invitehealth dot com and you can sign up right there on the website for a free free free is always good, a free nutrition consultation. So you pick the day and time that works well for your schedule, because we want to de stress, right, so we don't want you to be stressed out. So you pick a time that works well for you and one of our nutritional experts will call you. So make sure that you think about these things as we have this big holiday sale going on, because I always say this is the time that you You definitely want to make sure that you're investing into your health. You're you're excited just like I am, get these wonderful savings from Invite Health, but you want to assure that you're taking the right things for your specific needs. You know, what I use may be totally different than what Jerry Hickey uses on a daily basis. So Jerry and I both use the same basic nutrients when it comes to our daily supplementation routine. You know, the taking a complete multi vitamin, multimineral, taking in Omega three fatty acid, taking the Invite Health ubiquinyl coenzyme Q ten. I take the one with the NADH, so does Jerry. We take vitamin D. We both take additional magnesium. But then from there, you know, what I take might be a little bit different than what Jerry takes. So this is why you want to talk to one of our nutritionists so that we can really personalize your nutritional supplementation routine based on your needs. So perhaps it is stress, maybe you have low back pain or arthritis. We want to target those issues for you with the right nutrients. And just as another side note, we have a couple of products that are back in stock, so our Sterell's capsules are back a few weeks ago, maybe actually over a month ago. I talked about our Sterol's Plus formulation. That's an excellent choice for folks who are looking to address problems when it comes to cholesterol, whether that means you have just elevated total cholesterol or elevated triglystrides. The Sterol's Plus that's our powdered formulation. Very good choice because it combines cranberry extract with oat Brand. It also has the sterols, the plant sterols, and red yeast rice. But we also have a standalone Sterol's capsule and that has been a fan favorite for a very long time. That's back in stock, so you can take advantage of that during this buy one, get one free sell. We also have the Inflammon back in stock now. This is a product that I really find so fascinating because we're using green lip Muscle along with Perilla extract. Now, perilla is unique in its own right because it's a very powerful antioxidant, but it's also a plant based omega three fatty acid. So when you're looking at omega three intake for yourself, we just have to realize we likely are not getting enough omega threes just from our diet alone. So taking a omega three every day very very advantageous. So we have many different options for you to choose from. We have our fish oil, we have the krill oil advanced. The krill oil is unique in its own right because it has that phosphatitle coaline plus actisanthin naturally occurring from the krill. And then we have the inflammune, and the inflammune with the green lip muscle has a very unique form of omega three fatty acid. Plus you get the plant based omega three coming from the perilla extract. And the reason why I really enjoy talking about the inflammune formulation is it's wonderful for those who, you know, as we get into the heart of the winter months here, some folks deal with upper respiratory issues. Maybe you come down with just the common cold and then you feel like it's kind of lingering, you know, longer than you would like. So the inflammune is wonderful when it comes to respiratory inflammation. So if we're dealing with inflammation within our airways, supplementing with that inflammune can be incredibly helpful. But it's also wonderful for folks who are dealing with joint discomfort. So if you've got you know, an achy hip or an achey knee, adding in that inflammune is a really nice way to address that systemic inflammation that creates a lot of that pain and discomfort. So both of those products are back in stock. I'm going to talk about the science behind omega threes a little bit on the flip side of this break, because a really fascinating study just came out, not surprising to those of us who are you know, following this on a regular basis. In myself as well as Jerry Hicky, we talk about the importance of omega threes and how they help to regulate inflammation in the body. But really fascinating study just came out from UCLA. So I want to tell you about that, but I'm looking at the clock. I realize I need to squeeze in a quick break, So stick around with me. We have our holiday buy one, get one free sale going on right now. I will be right back just after this. Do you want to kick your New year off right by getting healthy and sticking with your resolutions? We can help with our annual holiday buy one, get one free sale that's going on right now by any Invite Health product at suggested retail and get the second bottle free. Want better focus and attention more energy? Help with losing weight? Contact Invite Health today for a free nutrition consult with one of our experts in store or by phone. We can help. Call us now eight hundred six three two zero five seven to two. That's eight hundred six three two zero five seven to two. Or go to invitealth dot com to order online get free shipping on orders over thirty five dollars. Take advantage of invites limited time buy one, get one free holiday sale. Contact Invite at eight hundred six three two zero five seven two. That number one eight hundred six three two zero five seven two eight hundred six three two zero five seven two, Or go to invitehealth dot com and welcome back to Invite Health Radio. I am doctor Amanda Williams. We're having our holiday Buy one, get one free sale. We're wrapping up the year here, folks, and we want to do that on a positive note. Focus on our wellness. Think about entering into twenty twenty five and put yourself first. I would say it's not selfish to think of your own health. You know many times where we get so kind of bogged down with day to day life that we can let our own health start to slip a bit so thin. You know, during this next few days, you know, what are the things I want to focus on in twenty twenty five? You know, my trying to lose weight by trying to be more active. Do I feel just generally run down and I want to feel like I have more energy as I get into a new year. Maybe you're dealing with chronic joint pain. Reach out to us, I said. You can go to our website, invitehealth dot com. You can pick a day in time that works well for you and have a free nutritional consultation. Of course, you can give us a call any day of the week and we will patch you through to one of our nutritional experts, or if you have a store that's near you, stop by and have a chat. So before the break, I said, that there was a study that came out of UCLA, and this was led by researchers over at the Johnson Comprehensive Cancer Center. And like I said, this isn't new in the sense of what we understand about omega three. So remember, omega three fatty acids are essential. The body requires them, and we know that just the standard American diet unfortunately has a very strong tendency to be weighted heavily in omega six fatty acids and not enough of the omega three fatty acids. So if safe, they were to just go out and sample, you know, a group of one hundred Americans and say, okay, we're going to do a blood test, and we're going to look at how many omega six fatty acids are circulating in your blood right now, and how many omega threes are circulating. We would find that the ratio of the omega six to the omega three is way off and not in a good way. So that number should be like two to one, and unfortunately for the average American that ratio is usually twenty to one. Not good Omega six fatty acids. I don't want to make them our enemy because they certainly are not. However, when we have too much of something, sometimes that's not always a good thing. And that's the exact case when it comes to omega sixes. So this is what the researchers there at the Comprehensive Cancer Center were looking at. They were looking at men who had prostate cancer, and they wanted to assess that if they had a low intake of omega six fatty acids, meaning they were having less intake of ultra process foods, and then they had a high omega three intake, and how do they achieve this via supplementation of fish oil. Okay, so the next time you're at your doctor and your doctor tries to be dismissive when you say, hey, I take my fish oil every single day from Invite Health and they say, oh, you don't need that, you just say, well, listen. The researchers over at UCLA in their cancer division said that if we give men who have prostate cancer fish oil, and we monitor their intake of fish oil, and we make sure that they're having a low intake of omega six fatty acids, meaning we're starting to bring that ratio back closer to that two to one we're seeing significant improvement. They had significant lower levels of cancer sell proliferation in just one year. Now. I say this with enthusiasm because I love when you have a major research institution such as UCLA coming out and saying, wow, are we seeing the mark here. If we focus on diet and we focus on supplementation, we can make significant clinical improvement and individuals who are dealing with very complex conditions. And so they and they broke the men down into different categories, men who had you know, you know, higher risk factors for the cancer to spread compared to those who were in the lower risk group. But across the board, they could see that the more that they limited their Omega six intake, meaning you know, stop with the potato chips and the cookies and you know, all of the other processed foods and let's have them supplement with fish oil, we're seeing a significant improvement. So I just wanted to mention that because I was just talking about inflammune and how that's back in stock and this is a wonderful way for us to get a high exposure to the Omega three fatty acids and the fact that it has that perilla extract, which is very geared towards you know, supporting the respiratory health. If you deal with you know, the seasonal kind of bronchitis, many people suffer with that during this time of year. Like I said, you can get the common cold and maybe you start feeling a little peppier after about a week, but then you feel like you have a lingering issue going on in your airways. So inflammune can be your go to Omega three fatty acid. You can take that in addition to taking fish oil or in addition to taking the Kryll oil advanced. And you know, it's it's not hard to understand how the human body is working. Sometimes we take a complex system and we just want to try to say, well, this is too confusing, let's just ignore it. That's never good idea because I always say, when you really think at a cell level, generally speaking, what we're dealing with is either an excess of something or a deficiency in something. So if we have access Omega six fatty acid intake and not enough omega three, well then we simply know the fix to this. We lower the Omega six intake by improving our diet, and we supplement with Omega threes so whether you're taking our fish oil, which goes through that double distillation process so it's very clean, that's important. I have a lot of folks who tell me, oh, you know, Amanda, I've tried fish oil before in the past, but it gives me this fishy after taste and it just I'm just not going to use that. And I always say, well, first and foremost, you probably weren't using a very high quality fish oil. And unfortunately, there are many companies out there who make fish oil, and you can find it at your common Walgreens and CBS's across the country, but it's just not a high quality and due to that, you can then start to experience the nasty fishy verbs as people describe it. But if you're taking a high quality fish oil that's been sourced properly and goes through this extensive process as we do at Invite Health, then you're not going to experience that fishy aftertaste. And if you do with taking the Invite fish oil, then we know, oh goodness, we are dealing with a very disrupted GI issue. And so this is generally very isolated, but there are times where people can still experience that. That's an indication to us at Invite Health that we have to really clean your gut up, that your GI tract is in dire need. And so then we'll focus on taking nutrans like the digestive HX, which aids in the proper breakdown of your nutrants, and we partner that up with taking probiotic HX, so we lay down the good, healthy bacteria coming from the probiotic. And that's such a wonderful formulation that Jerry Hickey came up with so many years ago, the multi strain blend of the particular forms of bacteria that he put into that product along with the prebiotic that's in that Because we do get that question a lot, because over the past let's just say five years, this has become very trendy, is prebiotics. And well, we'll get a lot of folks who call us and say, oh, you know, well, does your probiotic have prebiotic in it too? And I always say, well, yes, you know, and it has for years because you know, all of the decades ago when when Jerry was looking into formulating a powerful probiotic into the line, he knew even back then you need to also have a prebiotic so the probiotic HX has always contained a prebiotic in that and that's important because what that does is it gives a means for those healthy bacteria that's in that capsule a source to feed on. And so because you know when you think about what is a probiotic, well, it's a live bacteria. And I know that that gives people kind of that cringey feeling, but it's those live, healthy bacteria that helped to maintain our health. And you know, this is just another study that came out recently out of University of Toronto looking at the connection between the gut microbiome and the respiratory track. Now you've heard us talk about the gut brain connection. If we have an unhealthy gut, that can affect our brain, our cognition, our focus, our mood in particular, so for folks who are dealing with any type of gut dysbiosis, it's not uncommon for them to experience a significant amount of problems such as depression and anxiety. But researchers at University of Toronto discovered this new communication pathway between the gut and the lungs. So once again we're into cold and flu season, we want to pay attention to what are we putting into our system every day, and if we're supplementing with the probiotic immune or the probiotic HX, this is not only helping with digestive health, but also it is helping when it comes to that gut brain connection, the gut liver connection, which is really important for daily detoxification. And as we are learning from the University of Toronto and the researchers, they're very, very helpful when it comes to respiratory health as well. So for me, I find studies like this really quite fascinating because many people do deal with, you know, upper respiratory conditions on a kind of a chronic basis, and so if we can use a probiotic to address that, that's a wonderful, wonderful thing. What I'm gonna do, I'm gonna take a quick break, and then when I get back from that break, I'm gonna open up the lines. So if you want to give me a call, if you have a question for me, I will be taking your calls this morning, so stick around. I will be right back just after this. Do you want to kick your new year off right by getting healthy and sticking with your resolutions. We can help with our annual holiday buy one, get one free sale that's going on right now by any Invite Health product at suggested retail and get the second bottle free. Want better focus and attention more energy, help with losing weight, Contact Invite Health today for a free nutrition consult with one of our experts in store or by phone.
Speaker 4: We can help.
Speaker 3: Call us now eight hundred six three two zero five seven to two. That's eight hundred six three two zero five seven two. Or go to invitehealth dot com to order online, get free shipping on orders over thirty five dollars. Take advantage of invites limited time buy one, get one free holiday sale. Contact Invite at eight hundred six three two zero five seven two That number one eight hundred six three two zero five seven two eight hundred six three two zero five seven two, or go to invitehealth dot com and welcome back to Invite Health Radio. Just talking about this study out of the University of Toronto, and we've added another place where our healthy gut bacteria are assisting in our health, and that's for the lungs. So we can't think of the probiotic just in the setting of digestive health anymore, we realize how many places it's helping us. So our immune system is driven by our microbiome, and we know that our immune system regulates our inflammatory system. So really fascinating the way that these researchers there up there in Canada, we're looking at different chronic inflammatory illnesses and in particular in the setting of respiratory airway conditions and just seeing this direct connection between healthy gut microbiome and healthy lung function. So before the break, I said I was going to open up the lines, so if you happen to have a question for me, you can give us a call. The number is eight hundred three two one zero seven to ten. That's eight hundred three two one zero seven ten. Now, there was some kind of breaking news, not really a few weeks ago saying that the FDA was considering banning some of the red food dies, which should have been banned a long time ago. But apparently they're still on the fence trying to figure this out. We know the detrimental effects. The reason I bring this up is I was just talking about gut health. We know that the artificial red food dies can create havoc for our intestinal lining, which is not good. I would say, if you want to talk about leaky gut, start looking at what am I eating every day? Am I eating things that has a lot of food coloring? Maybe this is one of the driving forces. So the reason I bring this up is two reasons. I say reason, there's actually two reasons. Number one, don't put anything artificial into your body. Artificial sweetener, artificial colors. Just avoid it. This is just at this point in time we know that they are not good for us. We can't wait for a government agency to ban something before we say okay, well yeah, maybe I shouldn't have that. No, we know the information now, folks. We need to be smarter about what we take in every single day. So this is why we can turn to things like min acid. Our men acid formulation is an excellent thing to stock up on during this holiday Bogo. The reason why is the men acid is a very clean, no artificial color way to address some gi issues like heartburn, indigestion, acid reflux. And during the holidays, this is usually when people can experience this at a higher rate because maybe you're going to holiday parties and maybe you're consuming some you know, adult beverages, whatever be the case. We get a lot of calls and emails during this time of year where people say, I don't know what's going on. I just have a lot of heartburn. It's waking me up in the middle of the night, or you know, just after I eat, I just I feel like there's just this acid that's creeping up. Men. Acid are wonderful clean formulation that contains slippery elm extract. It has DGL, which is the licorice extract that's not going to affect your blood pressure because it's the deglystronized version of that. And then it has plantain extract and marshmallow extract, not the fluffy variety of marshmallow extract I always like to put that out there, but the plant version. And so this combination of these four nutrients together in a chewable tablet really allows for this soothing effect for the upper esophagus and going down into the stomach, and it creates this lovely balance of the acid environment for you. And so this is a wonderful go too. The reason I wanted to mention this is because during the holidays sometimes people do experience, you know, higher amount of heartburn and what do you do? You run off to Dwayne Reed's and you're like, well, I guess I'll go get some tombs. Well, you don't really want to be doing that, even though it's you know, common place, and most folks have probably grown up in a house where you know, there was always a bottle of that in the medicine cabinet. But what's actually in that? Well, this is when we start looking and say, okay, so nature gives us all of these things. We have slippery elm, we've got the mershmallow extract, we've got plantain. So these are all things that we're familiar with coming from nature. But what's actually in in the stuff that we can get from Dwayne Reid's Well, and now we're starting to look at artificial colors, we're looking at talk, we're looking at corn starch. This is not the things that we should be taking in. So min acid can be your go to for those desperate times if you attend one of those holiday parties and you say, oh goodness, I'm kind of in a gam. Here, take your men acid. I have Donna from New Jersey on the line. How are you doing this morning? Donna?
Speaker 5: Oh hi, doctor, good morning. Thank you for taking my call. I have a question for you. I've been taking your stratonium since probably August. Is it safe for me to take it every day?
Speaker 1: Yes?
Speaker 3: And an excellent question because we do get a lot of folks who who have concerns because there's I think, in many regards, a lot of misinformation when it comes to strontium, and strontium is very similar in terms of its structure to calcium. So for women in particular, taking strontium on a more regular, frequent basis can be very helpful in helping with the enhanced bone remineralization. And that's what we want. I want to make sure that our bones are able to take in that calcium, the magnesium, all of those nutrients, and strontium kind of acts as an additional facilitator of that process for us. Now, I think we're sometimes people say well, I shouldn't probably use it long term. I've heard maybe that's not good for me. The issue with that came from the use of a very potent form of strontium used in Europe for many years for women in particular who had osteoporosis, and there was kind of a skewing effect where they would give these women this prescription strontium and then when they redid their DEXA scan, they'd say, oh wow, look at their bones are really strong. But it was kind of almost a masking effect. So and that was because of the prescribed strontium, not the strontium that we're using. So the strontium that we're using is working, like I said, more as a facilitator to help kind of pull that calcium in the magnesium into the bone to help strengthen that up. So how much do you need to take it really kind of depends if you've had a recent DEXA scan. Generally speaking, I would say for most menopausal women, taking one capsule of the strontium on a regular, continual basis is usually sufficient. If we're in more of a position where we know we've got a significant amount of whether that be osteopenia or osteoporosis occurring, then we're probably gonna, you know, bump that up a bit. But this is when you want to work with one of our nutritional experts to really determine how much you should be supplementing with. Have you had a recent DEXA scan done, Donna.
Speaker 5: Yes, I have been diagnosed with osteopina on borderline of osteoporosis. And that's why I was questioning, because I've been told I shouldn't take it long term. That's why I wanted to ask you if it's okay for me to take I've been taking two capsules a day, and I just wanted to ask you if that's safe for me to take, you know, every day.
Speaker 3: Yes. So, so the answer to that is yes. Like I said, the confusion with the dangers of strontium use was the prescribed strontium that was used over in Europe that has never been utilized here in the United States. And so there's kind of that a little bit of information that slid across the pond, shall we say, and and folks that, oh, wow, we probably shouldn't use strontium. It's not good for us. But the amount that you're taking right now, taking two capsules, since you've already shown from the DEXA scan that you have osteopenia, is probably the right amount for you to be taking. And I would say, you know, you'll probably redo your DEXA scan maybe within the next year. At that point we should see a significant improvement. And then remember there's other things that we have to look at too. Increasing your leafy greens very important because that's an excellent source of dietary calcium for your bones and powerful antioxidants because we want to make sure free radicals aren't you doing damage to our bones. So taking in you know, the right nutrients from the foods that we eat, and then partnering that up with a formulation such as the bone powder, taking a scoop of that in the evening because our calcium intake is usually pretty good at night, so a scoop of the bone powder, you can even add that into yogurt, and then taking your strontium in the morning is a good one to punch on that. But likely, Donna, what will probably do is have you, you know, scale back to maybe one capsule of that strontium once we know that the the bone remenialization has occurred and the bones themselves are starting to get stronger. But for right now, yes, that is fine that you are taking two capsules a day, but focus on your greens as well. Make sure you're getting that spinach.
Speaker 5: Oh I am, and I do take your bone powder. I've been using not for a couple of months abow too, excellent.
Speaker 3: You are on a wonderful, wonderful routine then, And I will tell you just as a you know, a testament to that combo of products. I had a woman who came in many years ago and she had significant osteoporosis. So she only had one area that tested out as osteopenia. Every other area that the decks of scan showed was osteop herotic. And we got her on that routine of doing bone powder in the evening, doing her strong team in the morning, and she really zeroed in on you know, her core strength with doing some you know stretching and toning exercises and then increasing her leafy greens. And within one year she actually only had one area that came back as osteoporotic. The all of the other areas had shifted over back to osteopenia, and the areas that were osteopoenic had improved back to normal. So, you know, just stay stay focused on your routine and you you will get you will get positive results. I'm quite sure of that.
Speaker 5: Well, thank you so much that I do the strength training as well the leafy greens, So thank you for reassuring me about the capsules every day. I appreciate it.
Speaker 3: Oh you are welcome, and you have a wonderful and healthy new year.
Speaker 5: Donna, Thank you you as well.
Speaker 3: Thank you, thank you so much, Donna. So we've got Joe from Queen's Joe, how are you doing this morning?
Speaker 6: Football?
Speaker 3: Today is the big football day too, you know it's like bowl game after bowl game.
Speaker 6: Yeah, yeah, before there's a book. I was just listening to bio Hack bio Hack your Brain. But it's Kristen. She did in two thousand and nine. She was part of a study of NFL players act as and retired one hundred of them that had at least three years on the field. And you know what the brain scan showed. So you might be interested in that. Oh, ile hack your brain. Yeah, but my question is mostly relating to I sight One is the shade of eat it's sourced you said from the Himalayas partially. Does that help I cite I think you had said once about the Chris home and the masculine checks helping eyesight. Besides, you know what it's you know, raising tuchtoster on supposedly, and you know also the bitter melon. Does that help the eye? Sight? The herd.
Speaker 3: Excellent questions and yes on the bitter melon. And the reason why we can say yes for sure on the bitter melon even though there isn't extensive studies you know with bitter melon and macular degeneration or cataracts. We know that bitter melon extract is working to regulate insulin sensitivity, so it's helping with glucose control. And we know that excess glucose or sugar is going to affect vision health. So we can just make that direct correlation. So if we're taking bitter melon extract, of course we're going to yield that benefit. As far as targeting the advanced collocation end products that can create cataracts or create damage and havoc around the optic nerve, the sila G. That's quite fascinating because the shila G being that it is sourced from the Himalayans and it has this just wonderful spectrum of all of those trace minerals. So the powerful antioxidant, the fulc acid itself definitely is going to help, you know, lower reduce the oxidative stress that can occur within the retinal cells. And once again, even though it hasn't been extensively studied in the setting of eye health. Most of the studies with the sila G are in the setting of hormone balance in you know, collagen synthesis as well as just you know, it's antioxidant power for fighting off free radicals. But we know that oxidative stress occurring within the retinal cells is one of those driving forces as well as when you look at you know, macular degeneration and inflammation that's occurring within the macula. We know that shila G in the fullvic acid along with its trace minerals can you know, definitely give a powerful punch. So when you're using a product like shila gy or risveratrol for example, sometimes we're looking at it in the lens no pun intended, but the lens of one particular health concern. Maybe you take shilag because you think, oh, this is going to be great for my testosterone levels and not realizing, oh, wow, this is actually going to be good for eye health and heart health and joint health. Same thing when we look at risveratrol. A lot of times rizveratrol folks think, oh, I'll take this for anti aging, not realizing wow, this is a powerful nutrient for my blood vessels, and so this is why shila G is a nice addition. But having the spectrum of those trace minerals definitely can be quite helpful for vision health and even fending off not only the the UV radiation that comes from the sun but also from the blue light. So you know, I would definitely put the shi la je fifty max into that category. And then yes, you are correct. When it came to the masculine there was a really interesting study that was done over a decade ago looking at how chrysin, which we always look at chrysin as being you know, nature's form to help hold on to testosterone because it blocks that pathway of over conversion into estrogen. So we recognize that, but we also could see from these studies that were being conducted on men who had excess estrogen that they were seeing a secondary benefit. They were like, wow, we're giving them chrysin, their testosterone levels are improving, but we're also getting this improvement when it comes to visual acuity. So really interesting, once again, how you get this crossover between systems when you're using a particular nutrient. So yeah, masculine HX, you might thinking of it just for hormone support and helping to enhance your testosterol levels, but it's also gonna be very beneficial when it comes to the health of your eyes. So excellent questions as usual, Uh, Joe, and I will look into that. That book, the Biohack. You know, that's such a major area of research right now, as you know, like nutritional neuro hacking. What nutrients can we turn to? But in the setting of the NFL players and looking at the you know, concussion related injuries and how we can start to assess, you know, what nutrients should these guys be turning to. We know that omega three fatty acids are very important, you know, Dha. There's many different things that we can see an enhanced way of recovering those acute brain injuries. So I'm gonna definitely look into that. I know I have to squeeze in a quick break, but it was nice chatting with you as always, Joe, and enjoy your.
Speaker 6: New year, okay, Mary, Christmas? Happy minute? Okay?
Speaker 3: All right, Well stick around, folks, I've got more ground to cover on the flip side of this break. I will be right back just after this. Do you want to kick your new Year off right by getting healthy and sticking with your resolutions. We can help with our annual holiday Buy one, get one free sale that's going on right now by any Invite Health product at suggested retail and get the second bottle free. Want better focus and attention more energy? Help with losing weight, Contact Invite Health today for a free nutrition consult with one of our experts in store or by phone. We can help. Call us now eight hundred six three two zero five seven to two. That's eight hundred six three two zero five seven to two. Or go to invitehealth dot com to order online. Get free shipping on orders over thirty five dollars. Take advantage of invites limited time buy one get one free holiday sale. Contact Invite at eight hundred six three two zero five seven two That number one eight hundred six three two zero five seven two eight hundred six three two zero five seven two, Or go to invitehealth dot com and welcome back to Invite Health Radio. I am doctor Amanda Williams. We're having our holiday. I would get one freesell going on, so do take advantage of that.
Speaker 4: Give us a.
Speaker 3: Call, Go to our website Invite health dot com or stop by one of our stores. We're open seven days a week. We have New Year's right around the corner. We want to focus on how do we get healthier? I always say, we want to focus on health, not illness. We want to zero in on wellness, and this, you know, is the umbrella. There's many different things that we have to keep in mind when it comes to our wellness journey. For myself, the one area that I was missing for a long time was the mindfulness component. I was doing everything right as far as my diet, my exercise, the supplements that I was taking, but I needed that mindfulness to help better manage daily stressors. It can make all the difference in the world. I tell you. Now we've got Mark from Philadelphia. How are you doing this morning?
Speaker 4: Mark?
Speaker 7: Oh? Fine, thank you. It's good to hear you and Jerry on the weekend.
Speaker 3: Yes, I know, we both love what we do.
Speaker 7: I have a gum problem. You went over let me think green tea probiotic? Was that a gummy oral probiotic? And coke two ten with the NADH It.
Speaker 3: Was the well you can use the COQ ten with the NADH, but we also have the oral COQ ten that has dimethyl glycing in that and so that's a chewable, So sometimes using the chewable it can give us a lot more support within the gum line. So if we're dealing with gingivitis ear any form of periodontal disease, using the ore.
Speaker 7: Yes, that's what it was, and then inflamm in with perrilla.
Speaker 3: So the inflammune with the perilla excellent choice too, kind of like using the regular ubiquenol with N A d H, but that is in a capsule, so it will still address the inflammation that's occurring within the mouth. But the things that we can use as far as like chewables, will use the oral coenzyme Q ten, the zinc lozenge because the way that the gum is kind of the health of the gum is heavily reliant on vitamin C on zinc, so using the zinc lossenge is a really nice way to address that. And then in the green TTX that has vitamin C in that. So that's why that makes that just a really great choice because not only the catkins the antioxidant from the green tea, but it also has your vitamin C. So the vitamin C, your chewabyle zinc tablet, your chewabyle probiotic and that chewabyle coenzyme Q ten can really work. Wonders when it comes to improvement overall for your your gums for sure.
Speaker 7: Right, was that the green tea? But what is that TX they call it?
Speaker 3: Or what Yep, it's the TX for the tincture.
Speaker 7: So yeah, the TX. There was a discussion among the old doctors, the dentists, and some thought that in the cause of my gum problem was loss of bone. When I did have a dexa that showed the seventy eight showed the osteoporosis, right.
Speaker 3: And there is definitely a correlation to that. You know, when we think of about you know, bone loss, whether that is in the form of osteopenia or osteoporosis. You know, sometimes we're thinking of our larger bones, we're thinking of the hips, and you know, thinking of your your legs. But yes, we could have you know, a significant amount of bone loss that occurs within our jaw and so you know, supplementing with the bone powder also is a good idea for you to help with that bone remineralization, try to strengthen up the jaw itself. But what makes it difficult is if we're also dealing with you know, ginger vitis, We're already have a lot of inflammation that's occurring sitting just above that jaw bone, so it's kind of like accelerating more of the bone loss. So it's like, what which came first? You know, the chicken or the egg, same thing when we're looking at you know, bone loss in the jaw, which one came first? Was it the ginga vitis and the inflammation that's creating more of the bone loss or is it just you know, because we have bone loss that that's allowing the ginger us to worsen. But in any event, we know that we can target this by addressing the inflammatory problem within the gums with our oral coke ten, with our zinc lossenge, with our green TTX, and then we can also take the bone powder every day to help kind of strengthen up our jaw bone.
Speaker 7: And I've had previously, I had a gum problem. I didn't have courage, so I didn't go to a dentist for a long time. I thought I was okay. Found the gum problem. I had laser done and it worked, but it left some that I mean because of eating between meals, some food was properly getting stuck in there and my bone problem combined.
Speaker 3: I think, right, yeah, any that's not uncommon. You know when they you have little pockets and we can you know, the food different. You know, unhealthy bacteria can start to build up in there. So that's why you know, the the more we zero in on daily use of you know, using powerful antioxidants and getting those key minerals like zinc back in it can it can allow for a more rapid healing process for you. And I think that you'll you'll find good success if you get into that routine each and every single day.
Speaker 7: Say hello to Jerry. I met him in one of his downtown stores in a couple of years. This right before the blue hit. I mentioned another person who's famous in nutrition, so we'll remember who I am. Mark.
Speaker 3: I will tell him I will be talking to him the start of next week, so I will be sure to let him know that Mark, and you enjoy your your New Year's and if you have any questions for me, certainly reach out to me. And that that applies for all of you out there. I know that I I probably have a couple of callers who are who are left in the lines of what we'll do is we'll we'll jot down your information and on the next show I will be sure that we reach out to you. And if you still have your question to ask you can you can do that, but you can also send me an email A Williams at invitehealth dot com. That's A Williams at invitehealth dot com. Remember we've got our holiday buy one, get one free sale going on right now. Please take advantage of that, and I wish all of you a wonderful and happy and healthy New Year.
Speaker 4: And until we speak again, be well.
Speaker 3: Do you want to kick your new year off right by getting healthy and sticking with your resolutions? We can help with our annual holiday buy one, get one free sale that's going on right now by any invite Health product at suggested retail and get the second bottle free. Want better focus and attention, more energy, help with losing weight, contact invite Health today for a free nutrition consult with one of our experts in store or by phone. We can help Call us now eight hundred six three two zero five seven two. That's eight hundred six three two zero five seven two, or go to invite heealth dot com to order online, get free shipping on orders over thirty five dollars. Take advantage of invites limited time buy one, get one free holiday sale. Contact invite at eight hundred six three two zero five seven two. That's eight hundred six three two zero five seven two eight hundred six three two zero five seven two, or go to invitehealth dot com.
Speaker 2: You've been listening to invite Health radio, and remember, seven days a week in all our beautiful stores, we have professionals available for your health and nutrition needs. You'll enjoy your visit to Invite Health because we'll make it better. And when you can't come in, just give us a qull at eight hundred six three two zero five seven two.
Speaker 1: The preceding program was sponsored by Invite Health, who is solely responsible for its content. The proceeding was a paid podcast. iHeartRadio's hosting of this podcast constitutes neither an endorsement of the products offered or the ideas expressed