Speaker 1: We interface with financial institutions all over planet Earth. We were early and aggressive. I mentioned we just started experimenting in a blockchain. We began to understand that maybe there's a number of different blockchains that are going to be winners here. Blockchains are technologies they'll continue to iterate in the information based economy. We think of these as just utility rails, So we want to be on as many of those ecosystems as we can because that's where we're going to find customers eventually.
Speaker 2: This episode is brought to you by Treasure. Treasure makes beautifully crafted hardware wallets that allow you to easily and safely store your crypto assets. Treasure has been in the game for a very long time, since twenty thirteen. They were the pioneers of hardware wallets and the seed phrase setup, and their hardware wallets are open source. In fact, my favorite is the Treasure Save five. It's a beautifully designed and easy to use hardware wallet guys, and it's my go to. And they support a variety of coins, all your top crypto tokens, your big coins, your x rp Ethereum, Solana and much more, and even new coins, even black Rock's Biddle token, so they support coins on the institutional side where you have tokenization of different assets and much more. And they even offer a great service that helps you to get your treasure device set up. You get one on one customer support from their team, so you can check that out as well. So once again, I'm a big fan of this hardware wallet. So if you'd like to learn more, visit the link in the description. Hey, everyone, welcome into the Thinking Crypto podcast. I'm your host Tony Edward and we're recording at Station three in New York's Financial District. And joining me today's Roger Bastin, who is the head of Digital Assets at Franklin Templeton, which is one of the largest investment firms in the world, managing over one point six trillion dollars in assets. Roger, great to have you. Yeah, thanks for having me, Roger. I'm excited for this conversation. Franklin Templeton is leading to charge in many different ways as it relates to your assets. So I have lots of questions for you. Awesome, but I'd love to start with your backrop tell us a bit about yourself. Where are you from, where'd you grow up and how'd you end up at Franklin Templeton.
Speaker 1: Wow. Well, yeah, I actually grew up in the midwest, central Illinois, but I came kind of the East coast to do my undergraduate work at the University of Virginia. Came to Wall Street in New York in the mid eighties, spent about three years here, and I found myself heading to the West coast to go to graduate business school at UCLA. Once I got to UCLA in the wonderful California and sunshine, I was like, well, this is going to be a good place to be ended up being hired out of business school what then was known as Franklin Group of Funds. Wow, in nineteen ninety one. And I've actually been at Franklin and then, you know, as we've been a net acquirer of asset managers over time. Franklin Templeton, Yeah, since nineteen ninety one. Who do you have on your show who's been at the same firm that long?
Speaker 3: Nobody? That's an incredible tenure. So did you want to go into finance?
Speaker 1: You know?
Speaker 3: Was out your target goal?
Speaker 1: So I had some exposure when I was younger because my father was one of the first persons who took the CFA Exam, and that CFA Exam program is a kind of a there is an organization CFA, but there's a lot of professionals that aid in like creating the exam and creating the exam, and you know, they really draw on the whole community of of CFA participants in order to be able to make that whole thing work and hum. And this was many years ago now, but a lot of those CFA people had investment. There were investment people right in the investment community, and so I had a lot of exposure to a lot of different investment professionals having been around that CFA institute early in my you know, when I was you know, in junior high, in high school and those you know, college formative years, and so I had a pretty good idea that I wanted to be doing investment investment related things. And so when I went to graduate, when I came to New York, I actually was working for a company that was then called Banker's Trust Company, and we were you know, in several locations in the city, but I was I was in the index fund group. So like think about the you know period in nineteen eighty six toward nineteen eighty nine, which is when I was there explosive activity in the number of pension funds who were thinking about, hey, maybe I can you know, put some lower cost index fund passive investment strategies in our portfolio at a lower cost rather than paying high cost active management fees. So that's kind of where I cut my teeth. And it's been a great career. I've seen a lot of things over almost four decades of experience now in these markets.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, I'm sure you have a plthora of knowledge, and I'm curious what your point of view is or take of or perspective I should say on how the markets have changed, especially as they become digitized, On what the internet and help blockchain.
Speaker 1: Well, I think in the in the big thematic one is a fact that all of these technologies have continued to drive down the pricing of asset management services. I think of the world in two camps. Those who have capital and then those who want capital. So have capital would be like big major retirement plans, pension plans and that kind of stuff. Those who want capital, businesses you know who want that, and anything else in between. And the intermediary role in between that take out rents between those two that prevent the have capital for getting the most return on their capital, and they want capital to get the lowest costs of capital. Inside of all that are a number of different actors, and what we've seen is keep hollowing out of those actors and those rents in between. And I think you know where we've arrive now with blockchain technology, because a lot of those rents in between those two actors are really a legacy of like we have this record, you have that record. It's gonna take us five days to settle a stock. I mean that's when I first started, right because we have to get these records moved back and forth. And this whole distributed ledger technology where you have a record, I have a record and that's the same record, really dramatically changes all of that. So I've seen that whole path, you know, keeps shrinking down, and I think that's ultimately to the benefit again of the the owners of capital to get higher returns on capital. I think there's a whole bunch of other things happening with blockchain and distribute ledger technologies that expand the opportunity set uh for those investors as well. But those are some of the themes I think I could point to.
Speaker 2: So is it like a natural evolution of the technology that you know, the macro internet, internet based companies, the ability to move data real time uh subtle real time with now stable coins and tokenized assets. It's it's a natural evolution of how maybe things started in nin nineties with the Internet.
Speaker 1: Well, I mean you say it started with the Internet, but I mean all of these activities started a long, long, long time ago.
Speaker 3: Oh sure.
Speaker 1: I mean, like one of the one of the basic I guess laws, securities laws that govern a lot of these things, like our projects like Benji, our tokenized money funder are called the forty Act. They're called forty Act funds because the law was written in nineteen forty. And so you know how we did things in nineteen forty where we were passing paper certificates around to each other and you needed to self custody you know, this particular asset by holding the piece of paper and you had some sort of fire safe or we started having these big custody businesses who are like, well, we'll take care of that for you, so you don't have to worry about that that is all just rapidly changing because of these technologies. And yes, it might have been the Internet and the networking of you know, businesses and planets and entities all over planet Earth, but it's arrived at a pretty exciting time. In those forty some years that I've described in my career, I've never seen more opportunities in asset management than i've you know, ever, So it's pretty exciting time to be able to be in the space base and exploring.
Speaker 3: Quite frankly, Roger, there.
Speaker 2: Are still some skeptics out there who said, who needs this blockchain stuff? What does tokenization matter? So I'm curious if you can answer that question from a perspective of what Franklin Templeton's building. Is this in a test? Is this an R and D project or is this something you are looking to build that's going to.
Speaker 3: Be the fabric of the business.
Speaker 1: I think that's a really great question because a lot of times when technologies come forward and we start doing things, and you know, we've been aggressive and token is exploring tokenization, and we have a you know, a big branded, you know product that we're really kind of talking to clients all over the globe, and that's a tokenized money fund. Money funds are our securities, and we still operate within the kind of geographic borders of very securities laws all over planet earths. We have a number of different Benji's that we have a US Benji, we have a ce keV use it's eligible. We have a Singapore Benji. You know, we have a number of those things. And you know we have been and we we have you know, over a billion dollars of customer client assets in it. That doesn't feel like a proof of a concept really, but I think what we've really uncovered because the question gets asked a lot. You should call them skeptics, but tuality like the current system seems to work, so why are we doing That's differently, but what we have uncovered and Benji, we just had this idea. I had this idea, Hey, how do we use distributed ledger technology in our business? I mean ledger? That word ledger is really important. As I mentioned, the whole industry is full of records. Yes, whether it's asset management, whether it's capital markets records is what I'm honing in on. And this idea that this technology would be disruptive disruptive means it could you know, impact your current business. It could also create opportunities for you. Meant that we were just like, hey, let's start and do something. And now we started that some eight years ago, so at that point I think it was a proof of concept. But what we unpacked was being on these new rails created new utility, and that utility accrues to the users and the shareholders and the customers of the product. Now, in Benji's case, that utility kind of is into form one. You and I can I can transfer Benji back and forth to one another, literally as fast as a new block can be appended onto a blockchain. So those times are you know, fractions of a second. So I can move an interest bearing asset back and forth between economic actors, individuals, companies, whatever, in less than a you know, in fractions of a second. Number one. But because the blockchain is composable, we have been able to take the twenty four hour cycle of interest, decompose that into seconds, and for however many seconds and minutes or hours you hold Benji, I can pay you for those portions of the day, rather than it's being on this twenty four o'clock. Now, that may, you know, for you and I as individuals, I don't know if that's you know, super interesting, but for the tremendous the billions and trillions of dollars that flow through the capital markets and financial system every day, an interest bearing an asset that if I hold it for five minutes, my asset is sweating big thing, so big new type of markets that unfold because of the utilities of using these new blockchain rails in order to build products and services on top of that's what we've discovered.
Speaker 2: Pardon the interruption. Hi, I'm Tony. I'm the host of the Thinking Crypto podcast. I wanted to ask you if you can please support the podcast by hitting the like button subscribing. If you haven't as yet, you can leave a comment below as well. And if you're listening on a podcast platform such as Spotify, Apple or wherever you get your podcasts, please be sure to follow and hit the five star rating.
Speaker 3: I'll let you get back to the content. Thank you so much.
Speaker 2: Now, you mentioned there's a different form of benji across the globe in the US markets and different markets.
Speaker 1: Tell us a bit.
Speaker 2: About is that all connected to a central hub, so to speak? All running on the same blockchain rails, but just categorize in different regions.
Speaker 1: Well, I think the way in our exploration of deploying these tokenization platforms, we you know, we started on one chain, but we quickly began to think about how and when we started that process. By the way, again, we wanted to be a user of blockchain, right. We weren't sitting here looking back and saying, well, do cryptos X, Y, and Z have value? You know, how do we extract value from those? It's like, oh, these are new and interesting and vastly improved, you know, data record systems. This idea that we both have the same copy of the ledger at any given time, let's experiment and do things on those. And we we found efficiency gains in the part of the securities business that we call transfer agency. So if we're in the business of issuing securities, we have rules and responsibilities wrapped around transfer agency to receive permission to issue those securities. And those those are records that we have to maintain forever. Those are records of who you are, where you are, and those are kept in more private database systems that you know, don't expose personal identify information out into the marketplace. But it's the transaction records. So it is the things that say, hey, you subscribed, you redeemed, you reinvested dividends. These transaction record keeping systems are large and large, and they grow and we have to keep them forever, and so we were just kind of thinking maybe the blockchain would be a better place to house those records rather than in our centralized, monolithic database system that we head inside of our transfer agency system. And so in that experimentation, you know, we covered big efficiency gains and that gave us super big confidence that this wasn't something that was just a fad, but these were going to be rails. These were going to be new infrastructure for the capital market. It's asset management moving forward, and so we kind of put more chips on the table to develop what those outcomes would be.
Speaker 2: You just mentioned something that these are going to be the rails for the capital markets. So is that where the puck is heading in, where banks, investment firms, stock exchanges, you name it, and then would plug into the government with the treasury and so forth. All these things will be running on plup chain.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I might go back. You made a statement that I was kind of raising eyebrows about there's still skepticals, skill, still skeptics. Where are those skeptics? By and large? I mean, we interface with financial institutions all over planet Earth. We were early and aggressive. I mentioned we just started experimenting in a blockchain. We begin to understand that maybe there's a number of different blockchains that are going to be winners here. Blockchains are technologies, they'll continue to iterate. There's in the information based economy. We think of these as just utility rails and pipes for the information based economy. So we want to be on as many of those ecosystems as we can because that's where we're going to find customers eventually. And so it's not you know, it's not one winner takes all. In our environmvironment. We think of these as kind of digital nation states. They have their own economies, they're aggressive and pursuing and growing their own economies. We want to grow in there with their economies, alongside of them. Whatever we may decide to bring as a you know, securities you related product or service on top of those rails. And so that's kind of where our journey, So our journey actually permates a across a number of different blockchains. I think we may be on either ten or eleven blockchains currently with our products and services, where we are in the process of building a tokenization factory, and we are doing that and we're deploying toward that end specifically because we have massive confidence about all of these legacy partners that we know that have we worked with in traditional financial service firms over time are going to be coming onto the web three wallet ecosystems, and of course there's just hundreds and hundreds of millions of web through digital wallets all over planet Earth already, and we want to be able to provide products and services into that existing ecosystem as well.
Speaker 2: Now, you mentioned you're building on public chains and a handful of them, and it seems it's going to be a multichain world, as you alluded to, But are you also looking at building your own internal permission blockchain. It seems like that's a hybrid model. Is kind of the what some people are doing where they're bridging public chains.
Speaker 1: I think the short answer is no, I mean, and that is obviously a trend. We talked with friends yesterday. You know, coinbase has a has a blockchain, Yes, right, And I was asking questions like, look, hey, in my in my in our past life, and we're work counseling and talking to you know, investors all over planet Earth. You know. The previous kind of construct was, let me choose a custodian where I know my assets are saving trust and usually they have relationships with these entities over decades quite frankly, our institutional investor communities and clients have. And then let me work to find where I can get best execution because in my fuduciary responsibilities for these clients, I have to make the lowest transaction costs. Where can I get the best execution on whatever the idea is that I'm offering advice on to them. But all of those are kind of subdivided different actors. And now you know, you have somebody like coinbase who's like, well, we're the change you're gonna custody with us, and oh and as our blockchain that you might be evolved into. So it's a real interesting conversation when you're describing this ecosystem to institutional other institutional investors and adopters who are so used to being like, well, all of these things are separated out. How can they be all knitted together? And clearly we're seeing large cases where you know, people like Robin Hood are saying, hey, we want we want our own chain. You know, I think that's a really interesting strategy. Franklin Templeton is not diving down to that strategy. We want to be part of a bunch of people's chains, quite frankly, and ride inside of those kind of like I said, digital nation states. As they grow, some of them will grow faster, some of them may become obsolete. We don't know, but we do know that there's a lot of capital deployed by these legacy chains, and some of those actors like Ripple have really fantastic plans to be able to take that capital that has grown an XRP over time and be able to redeploy that to build quite frankly substantial businesses. And they have a lot of money to be able to deploy to make those ends come about. Oh.
Speaker 3: Absolutely.
Speaker 2: Now we're seeing different types of assets being put on the blockchain money market funds. You know, obviously frank and Templeton is doing that. Are you planning to do anything with all their asset classes? Precious metals real estate and things like that.
Speaker 1: Well, yeah, I mean I think what is unfolded in front of the opportunities. And this is why I say it's so exciting, is that as the as we approach opportunities in what we call the have wallet ecosystem. So we're talking about the finances and coinbases and okax and Krakens you know of the world that have literally hundreds of millions of wallets. Those are potentially new customers for us. You know, our journey started with money funds, but you know, with our one point seven trillion and we cover you know, basically every asset class on the planet. How can we take those our services of offering advice around those things and bring them delivery into the new have wallet ecosystem. Simultaneous, you have all of these legacy actors who are just over the past year quite frankly, have permissions to be able to seek wallets. Those are our legacy business partners for decades, quite frankly, and we know they're going to be coming into space. And so we are firmly firm believers that we will meet customers large and small in a web three point of wallet you know service somewhere and so yeah, we're going to you know, over time, and it will take time sure, transmit all of these other things into this type of you want to call them tokenies, but really what they are is just a new kind of form that clients are holding the asset, but there's still a security. They're still you know, they're wrapped in securities or they're wrapped into commodities type of wrapper. Those are at least that's what our experience is showing so far.
Speaker 2: You mentioned Binance right recently that you have formed a partnership with Finance. Tell us about that and how you'll be working together.
Speaker 1: Well, Benji is we are working with a number of different exchanges, and Finances is one of those to bring U specifically some of their institutional customers who want a trade on finance but want to hold a yield bearing asset as collateral inside of the trades versus a non yield bearing stable coin. And it's as simple as that. How do we how do those customers you know, who are doing maybe complex derivative trades get a little bit more economic value by holding something that sweats yield all the time. It's pretty simple. In that construct, there's there's a number of different exchanges that are they're doing that. We've we've been doing that with Okax as well, and we're having conversations because you know, what we have done specifically with Benji is that we have worked hard and persistent, invested a lot of time and money to work with their regulators so that Benji is actually natively on chain. We're not a shadow record keeping, We're not a you know, digital twin of any sort. We're actually a native on chain and that gives a lot more permissions for these ecosystems that are absolutely on chain as opposed to relying on the legacy transagency processes and systems. And so that makes Benji a perfect candidate to be brought into these kind of constructs.
Speaker 3: You mentioned earlier.
Speaker 2: Sweating yield constantly with the tokenization of assets, you now have twenty four to seven markets, three sixty five, no more opening and closing bell, so to speak. How are you managing that are using AI? You have global teams, that type of thing going on.
Speaker 1: If I understand your question correctly, you know, moving from basically what is the fund is a five business day week into a seven you know day business seven day, twenty four hours a day environment is a gap, there's a bridge to get there in that construct, and so we're working with the number of different actors, liquidity providers. You know, this idea that for for the near term, while certain stable coins have achieved this ability to offer rewards depending on top of which platform that they're riding on top of this idea that that a money fund which offers you know, full transparency of whatever the clateral may be, and it you know it, you know, by concert, it kicks out all its yield. You know, we don't kind of have to determine what we're going to be paying out. It's all a function of the underlying you know, collateral that we own, the assets that we own underneath it. You know what that means is we are you know, in this phase right now where we are trying to find liquidity between stable coins and money funds. That's a new thing, right stable coins are relatively new and there's obviously a lot of transaction activity and stable coins. I mean, I think we could point and you'd probably know this is better than anybody. The biggest killer app and all these blockchains. If you think about the number of records being you know, appended If you think about blockchain as an as an nty that you know sells block space, the vast majority of block space that they sell is stable coin moving from you know, Party A to Party B by and large, and the idea that that there's this other now new, complementary and kind of similar, but the benefit of the yield component on it can come and begin to interrupt, operate and collaborate, be a substitute for number of word choices if you want to come up. The idea that there would be markets between tokenized money funds and stable coins is something that we're aggressively pursuing. Now. The financial system is going to continue to lurch forward from five business days and seven business days, you know, and we're seeing that kind of begin to come about. But you know, we're talking about a heavy lift on a whole bunch of things to get to that space. Whether you and I are both you know, you know, around to focus on these things by the time that comes about, maybe have some uncertainty on that.
Speaker 2: Are there any risks that I don't know how much you can share on this, you know, from a risk mitigation standpoint, are there any risks when it comes to tokenized assets and stable coins, like maybe things that haven't been proven as yet, or still we still need to test the waters because we don't have the full network or all players on board. Are there any risks that you know keep you up at night.
Speaker 1: So to speak? I actually sleep pretty good at night, And we wouldn't be deployed with customer money if we didn't think that we have been able to mitigate any risks whatsoever. I think in general, if I've looked back over my forty years of experience, we've obviously increased the velocity of activities. So harken back to the global financial crisis. Where were you in the global financial crisis?
Speaker 2: Man, I didn't know anything about the financial markets. Ago was my financial university, so to speak, where I learned how money works, how the economy works, how the FED works, and all that.
Speaker 3: So I was just an onlooker.
Speaker 1: Well, as you were onlooking, you probably realized that, you know, weeks, months transpired as different financial institutions began to be woven into the kind of the damage that began to permeate through the financial system. It took months for and took collaboration by regulators and rescuers to come together pushing Company A into Company B in order to stabilize the system and all that kind of stuff. Fast forward to a couple of years ago when in one weekend, Silicon Valley Bank and First Republic went under right, and so velocity of bad outcomes has definitely increased. And what we're talking about when we're talking about blockchains and these economies, we're talking about networking, right, it's a network economy and the goal of financial crisis. One of the words we were all feared was contagent. Yeah, where is it? Contagent? And the word contagent implies that there's networking. You know, something happened here, but it's linked somehow. Networked is something over here And if this domino falls, is that's going to tip over a domino over here. Well, think about that blockchain and the networking and the contagion impacts. You know, something happens and it permeates across the system pretty quickly. Is a real live factor. And we started to have conversations with the SEC about these things. It became clear and neutral wisened grizzly old veteran myself, just because we can do something, should we be doing something? I mean, I remember being on a trading floor. In the fall of nineteen eighty seven when the stock market dropped by twenty five percent, what was the response, then, Well, let's put in circuit breakers, stop the activity, Let's let you know, rationality return, or let's have the market particistants evaluate the situation and come in and make a decision about where to go. You know, when we get to twenty four to seven constant velocity, you know, will we have those same circuit breakers. Will we have to implement those type of things. It's possible because these are what's happened in the past, by and large. The other thing that I just get a little bit concerned about is the fact that a lot of this ecosystem and digital assets and blockchain have developed post the global financial crisis. Now I say the global financial crisis, and what I really mean was a full born credit cycle. Right, so when we have companies going under, when we have more bankruptcies on individuals, when history shows when we have credit cycles is when the weakest links find themselves. Now, we could have had a credit cycle dur the pandemic, but monetary policy authorities all over the plan that flooded the planet with liquidity and prevented a full credit cycle from developing. So we've developed this whole new ecosystem. It's about networking and possibilities of linking contagion and a more aggressive way. And we've done that without having any credit cycles. So, uh, you know what happens when the credit cycle comes about, and you know, do we have enough kind of watchdogs and firepower on the other side to kind of help solve those problems as they come together? Again? I sleep, I sleep all night, but I just I have been at business long enough. Yeah, I've been student of things long enough to know that it's really credit cycles that are going to cure any sort of you know fallaties that are you know, that don't exist, any sort of you know failing points that might exist currently. They're good, they'll be exposed in that and then we'll well, you know, it will right set the environment for you know, another huge expansive wave of growth. But you know, those would be the my wisdom. Sure you invite me here to share kind of years and decades of wisdom to you, those would be the things that I would kind of share with you.
Speaker 3: Oh absolutely.
Speaker 2: And I asked those questions because I know I get them. Sometimes I know the answer, but you know there are people who are new to this is all Newton and they're like, well, what are the pros and cons?
Speaker 3: What are a risks?
Speaker 2: And I think it's great to have someone with your expertise to be able to share, you know, the knowledge around that and how some of these things could be mitigated or are being mitigated. And I'm curious, would AI be a big help in monitoring blockchains twenty four to seven in the markets? And is Franklin Temple are looking to leverage AI in that way?
Speaker 1: Well, we looked at like all businesses, we're gonna information based business. We're looking to leverage AI in an under the number of different ways. You know, if I was a regulator, i'd be have an AI. The beauty of the public blockchains and when we were actually beginning to talk with regulator friends, you know, years and years ago now and to seek these permissions, what we're doing the idea that many of these blockchains are public blockchains, and with the right tool sets you can surveil them in the activity. If I'm using these blockchains in my transfer agency process, you can kind of surveil that transfer agency process. You're not going to know names of people again, because we will never expose customers and clients' names in any sort of public place. We protect that. But the idea that you know, the movement, the transactions that are happening, you can do that. I mean previously, if they if some regulator thought there was bad acting going on, they would go to judge, they get a subpoena, they come into you, and they say, Okay, we're gonna come in, We're gonna look at all those records. But like literally now you can surveil and observe them with the right tool sets. So you know, yeah, I think. I think because of the public nature and the massive amount of information that's available in these public blockchains, of course AI are the tools to be that's used to be able to understand all that in a pretty efficient way.
Speaker 2: So, Roger, it is twenty thirty What does a tokenization market look like? What does the markets look like? Is it all like you mentioned earlier, running a blockchain rail is the convergence of crypto and TRADFID there's just one market.
Speaker 1: Okay, So this is twenty twenty six, and you said twenty thirty five, So nine years from now, look, I think actually we're not going to be talking about tokenization well before then, because I think, like lots of things, we use word choices as we transition from one thing to another. The user experience will just know I have a record somewhere, I have an asset somewhere. It's held here in this wallet somewhere. Is it called toganization, is it called blockchain? I don't really give a crap quite frankly, I just know that it's there, it's protected, and it's there for my use and for you know, to grow my assets in portfolios. I think in twenty thirty five, what we're likely to see is blockchain to be able to allow a whole new array in different types of assets to flow. And this is where I actually kind of sunk myth in this whole thing. Many years ago. Yes, I was focusing on Ledger distribute Ledger technology, but I also was aware it had spent a lot of time in my career trying to figure out how I could keep expanding the opportunity set of investments for clients. So I had a friend at Franklin Templeton who went on to work at the biggest pension fund in the country in Sacramento for a period of time, and then he came back to Franklin Templeton and he was describing to me one time about a project that they had done at this super large pension fund in Sacramento. And the study that they'd done had said that if you examine all of the assets on planet Earth again the super large public pension planet and Sacramento, had they see every investment opportunity possible. They have every manager coming in and saying what about this, what about that? So they see all investment opportunities. But in this study that they had commissioned, they had come to determine that they really only touched about half of the planet's assets. And this was only about ten years ago. That's pretty interesting, right, You see every investment opportunity, but you were only seeing half. Quite frankly, so is there a possibility that these blockchain technologies create more fungibility for maybe that remaining half of assets, whatever the case may be. And so can we raise the efficient frontier? Will we raise the efficient frontier that you know that curve that we draw a tangent to to say, this is the mix of assets that I want that gives me the best risk adjust returns over time, or maybe we do away with the idea that we don't live in a two dimensional world of risk and return. People want other things from their portfolios. They want outcomes, they want impact. So maybe there's third or fourth vertices, quite frankly in dimensions, and so now we're optimizing client's portfolios across a plane rather than across a curve and a tangent to that curve. I think that's what we're gonna end up unpacking. I think we're going to end up having more and different type of assets. I think for individuals those assets will have emotional appeal. When they have emotional appeal, they're sticky. And if you're an advisor and you're offering advice to customers and clients, and you're drawing in things that aren't just financial assets, but there are in investments and other things that have an emotional appeal, you have a better chance of counseling and keeping that client for a long period of time. So this is I mean, all of these things is what I speak to you about. Why it's such an exciting time because of these technologies to allow you to be able to focus more intently on customers and what they want and when you can deliver. We know from any business, if you can deliver to customers what they want, then you're going to have a customer for a long time.
Speaker 2: Absolutely, you know the emotional connection you're talking about. Are you highlighting like, let's say, rare artwork or certain collectibles even like look, Pokemon card just recently sold for sixteen point something million dollars, Right, it's a piece of cardboard.
Speaker 3: Obviously it does a rarity to it, Like, could that be token.
Speaker 1: Well, yeah, certainly. There's a lot of people have cultural assets, and we engage in a lot of different projects. And you probably have talked to my friend Sandy Call about cultural assets in the past, and so we have some proof of concepts we're exploring. We have a lot of partners who were thinking about that. Uh, the idea that you might be tokenizing interest in sports clubs for example, and bring that. I mean, sure, yes, those could be some of them, but there's a lot of other things. I may be a little bit too far afield to talk about this, but when I talk to my kids about what the best investments are there investments and experiences in my book, Yeah, I mean you can have a good pile of money and you might be able to have more experiences. That's true, But it's this idea that there's more to investment than just financial returns lots of times and so you know, this is all, you know, changing and folding in front of us. And so yeah, if you're focused on those opportunities and you're doing some R and D activity, I mean, I think that's what we found ourselves doing. It's just like we had support to do just basic R and D activity in distributed ledger technology, and it's now unfolded this whole, you know, interesting world of the things that I'm talking to you about. You know that feels pretty good, even having spent you know, almost forty years in the industry. In the industry.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, I'll give an example. We're in New York.
Speaker 2: I'm a New York Knicks fan. I'm a big basketball fan. If the New York Knicks tokenize themselves, I'm buying. Yeah, even if I don't get up a return, but if that token allows me to earn certain rewards or benefits or perks, you know, I could go meet at one of the players, go in the court. At some point you know, depending on how much token to.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so that's that's exactly what you're saying. Yeah, what you're doing is you may be investing in that, and it might not be a cash flowing investment, right, You might need to be awaiting, you know, new media deals that cause the enterprise value to rise over time. But if the New York Knicks are going to give you more experiences from that, you know that fills your need, right, especially if that experience comes in a championship year for crying out loud.
Speaker 3: Right, yeah, that would be amazing. It takes like.
Speaker 1: New York Knicks winning a championship would be amazing to agree. Hope, hope we see it again in our in the next several years.
Speaker 3: Yeah, well hopefully this year.
Speaker 1: We'll hope you Okay, bring it closer, right.
Speaker 2: But no, to your point, it goes beyond just a monetary value or even a return, just creating these experiences. And could you see big companies like an Amazon and some of these retailers doing things like that, maybe with stable coins, but also tokenizing themselves in different ways and it builds more customer loyalty, brand affinity and things.
Speaker 1: Yeah, for sure, we see the ability for enterprises. I mean, loyalty programs have existed in airlines for a long time, right, and in fact it's I think it's a fact that the loyalty programs for the airlines are worth more than the airlines themselves. Now, airlines have this business model where they lease, you know, the airplanes, so they're really the airplanes are really owned by somebody else. But the idea that there's this big sticky I mean, I'm flying United at home tomorrow and my wife won't book me on another flight besides the United flight, you know, anytime soon for a long period of time. So yeah, they you know, take that model and apply as their creativity to apply to bring that to other type of industries. For sure, that we see those possibilities unfolding as well.
Speaker 2: I remember Sandy call and I read some things about Franklin Templeton building crypto wallets. What can you tell us there are you building moreph at the institutions for retail and things like that.
Speaker 1: Well, really it's kind of funny. We had to, you know, to get permissions to use blockchain and the transfer agency activity for Benji and working with the regulators. I mean that has to be held in a you know, you know what's it going to be held in. You're gonna create token, what's going to go and it's going to go into digital wallet. So that's exactly what we've done, and we build those digital wallets across you know, a number of different blockchains, those digital wallets, you know, we're in our building of that. We see a world of inner operability of blockchains. We have to be able to you know, we talked to the regulators. You know, in the very very very remote chance that blockchain A goes down, all of our customer experience has to be on blockchain B immediately. So I mean, I think you can think of us as had problem solved some interoperability sure issues already, but this idea that we've that we have built digital wallet ecosystems wrapped around a number of blockchains and in a securities permission space. Right because there's a lot of digital wallets on planet Earth. I in my I have two phones in my pocket over there. That means I have two digital wallets on my Apple phones right now, those aren't those aren't wallets that hold securities by and large, right, I mean again, my United ticket tomorrow is held in one of those digital wallets. But this idea that we have three point zero digital wallets where you know, you and I can control ourselves and where we can actually you know, we get the outcome of what's in the wallet, as opposed to you know, somebody like Apple just taking that information and use it for their own benefit to provide us goods and services. You know, those are the futures that we see, and you know, we've had to be and we've developed digital web through printal wallets, and we have a lot of in qorey and discussions with folks who don't want to go through the brain damage that that they've gone through to you know, is there a way that you know, we can leverage Franklin Temple's a digital ecosystem. You know, I have nothing really to report about that specifically other than that, yes, we have built digital wallets across the number of different blockchains with our kind of proof of concept and yet commercially viable and expanding Benji array of assets. You know, we expect to have you know, digital representation, tokenized representation of a wide variety of products and services in the future. They'll have to be held in a wallet, whether they're in our wallet or where they interoperate with somebody else's wallet. You know, we're an advice we're an advice business, not necessarily the infrastructure business, but we see the future needed to be in the wallets, yes for sure.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so go back to that twenty thirty five question again. Our majority of us with our phone, our digital identity, are assets in a digital format, tokenize stable coins and things like that, crypto assets all in a unique central wallet, or we're having multiple wallets.
Speaker 1: You think, well, I don't know what do you think about. I mean, you're still gonna have a phone.
Speaker 3: That's a good question.
Speaker 1: We're gonna be using that. Are you gonna be using those medical assets that you're just going to talk to it and something else happens. I don't know what the hardware device he is of in the future. But yeah, the idea that you can control that's the problem. That's the kind of thought about Web three point zero and different between you know, earlier versions of the Internet where you can control the outcome, where you're an owner of the assets and you can permiss others to access your data and your information. That's so that's a we see that world. Yeah, you know, unfolding in front of us. So, yeah, lots of opportunity, oh for sure.
Speaker 2: Now Franklin Templeton has a big ETF business, and you've launched a lot of different crypto ETF assets ETFs. I'm curious what's your strategy there? Do you foresee tokenized assets living in ETFs as well?
Speaker 1: Okay, so let me unpack that question a little bit. I think the ETF, the the bringing crypto into the securities forum through the ETF and unlocking the opportunities in the legacy want wallet broker dealer was was a was a big watershed moment because previously you had, uh, you had more do it yourself. You know, individual investors with all these digital wallets who are buying you know, uh, bitcoin and eight and soul and a variety of digital assets including n fts like board apes and all that kind of stuff inside of that digital wallet. And now, all of a sudden, the first time you had well, I don't have to have a digital wallet. I already have a relationship. I already have a broker dealer account for granted, and I probably have four or five of them. And now I can buy this exposure to this emerging thematic story about the expanding block chain and the importance of being able to invest in networks into my own broker dealer, and and you can do it at really low cost. We have a a passive market product that we call easy pz easy, So we're making crypto easyps, make investing in crypto easyps. It's kind of a nice little jingle to say, but I mean we're offering that at like nineteen basis points. We're kind of out loud, so I mean calling out a lot of cost to allow that to happen. I think that was a big watershed moment because a lot of investors that either had to be I got to do this and figured it out myself, or institutional investors would be paying, you know, private funds with private fund fees, a lot of money to make that happen. So I think I think there's gonna be a lot of change because of the ETF themselves. Now, the second part of your question.
Speaker 2: Was, remind me if tokenized assets will be in ETFs as well.
Speaker 1: If token i ised assets and ETFs, I think of ETF. I mean, and ETF looks like a stock, right, but it's like a portfolio wrapped in a kind of a stock wrapper in some way, shape or forms. There's again a lot of change it's going to come about because even ETFs themselves have a number of different components of the make the ETF work that are in this back up our conversation, you know whatever thirty minutes when I say there's rent seekers inside of the process that make an ETF work. Whether this technology supplants replaces some of those is an interesting thought process. It wouldn't surprise me that it doesn't dramatically change in some way shape ETFs. I mean, ETFs are the most successful you know product in you know, on the planet bringing money. And this is and we do have a great ETF business, and we're and we're focused on expanding our ETF business as it currently exists. But we're also smart enough and aware enough to know that there are technologies that come along in every industry that's a plant, whatever the current form is, whether that's albums and CDs and then MP three's, you know type stuff, it's like all of that gets impacted in some way, shape or form. So our eyes are always forward about how to make sure that we're prepared to deliver those services as the technologies allow us to do so.
Speaker 3: Yeah, for sure, Roger.
Speaker 2: One of the things everyone is waiting for is the Clarity Act to pass. So I'm curious, you know, what are your thoughts you expect that to pass this here and that's a tough question. But also what would that mean for Franklin Templeton's digital asset business.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't, you know. Market structure acts are certainly important. I mean we would. I think we're supportive of a number of different things as it relates to the Clarity Act. I mean, the defined rules always help all of us in the environment moving forward. You know, we think things that are securities and act like securities and smell like securities probably should be considered securities. At the same time, we understand, again, these technologies have come together and some of these laws you know, are literally eighty five years old now their law is because they are protecting consumers right by and large, and you know, I think that's a that's a great idea. Quite Frankly, We're going to see time and time again new things come about and if consumers get abused in some way, shape or form, that is not our desired outcome. We're in the business of trust right, We're in the business of trust. Everything we build and do has to be around promoting and expanding that trust. We even refer to our blockchain engineering not as software but as trustware, and so that business of trust is and that brand of trust is hugely, hugely important to us. Any sort of you know, new laws that are coming about need to keep emphasizing consumer protections and promoting trust in the overall ecosystem. However, it comes forward as opposed to, you know, displacing that trust and losing the confidence. I mean, I think that's what makes our capital market in the US, some of them robust on planet Earth, and you know, the great promise, so that you can accomplish lots of things. There's lots of different markets that have developed in the US that haven't developed in other parts of the world because we have that robust ecosystem. So any of the type of new laws that wrap around these things, we do have to recognize that there are new things though. The idea that you can invest in a network is a new thing, right, and so we don't want to constrict that behavior. We want to just modify it toward the benefit for all users. I didn't answer your question, did I.
Speaker 2: Did the bill get Do you think the bill is going to get past?
Speaker 1: No? No, I don't really have a good idea on that. I do believe that, you know, some of the large sponsors of the bills are now contending with a new environment with crypto winter, and so it's been really important. I'm sure they will be doubling down their efforts to try to move it through. But you know, politics is not something that's really easy to predict or hedge.
Speaker 2: Well, the big battle that's kind of holding up the bill is the banks pushing back on stable coin yield, which was part of the Genius Act. Any thoughts on that, and you know the banks maybe trying to still hold on to interests and yield.
Speaker 1: In that way, Well you say banks money funds. That's a differential between benji and a stable coin, right, And so the idea that again, if you if you pay rewards, you get a tax document that says you're getting some sort of reward. Is that interest? Is that a reward? What does that come in the idea that you hold an asset, you're going to get some reward for holding that asset. That reward has an economic value? Does that look an act like a security or we're trying to make big carve outs. Look, we know there's a geopolitical strategy for the US to be able to expand US dollar stable coins deeper across planet Earth. For the retain US dollar is the currency of reserve across the planet. And so there's a lot of you know, momentum in Washington, not just by the crypto or digital asset community, but you know, anything that keeps the US dollar in that position is going to be massively supported by and large. I think that's the big thematic reason to pay attention to this fight over about you know, whether stable coin can offer yield and whether that imperils community banks that sit in every corner you know, on main Street and every town by and large, and they may not not have their name JP Morgan Chase on them, but they might have you know, your your state state bank type of situation. Those I mean, those are real things, right, I mean, I think what you want to be careful about. Going back to the global financial crisis, what did we learn We learned from the Global financial crisis that if the banks aren't operating, the economy doesn't operate, right, and if you're going to be doing things that remove a tremendous amount of the revenue and or profit potential for banks themselves. I mean a stable coin does it. When you put money into a stable coin, there isn't a multiplier effect that they lend it out into the economy and fund mortgages or fund you know, small businesses in any way, shape or form. They take it, they earn the yield on the t bills, and they pocket and put it their shareholders. So there is you know, we found in the global financial crisis that banks, you know, their utilities, they're important utilities, and we need them to function on function properly in order for us to have a vibrant economy. This is again the difference between the US economy and a whole bunch of other economies on planet Earth that have very fragile and unstable you know, financial systems. I did a lot of work in Argentina many many years ago in South America, and my visits would be, you know, one day in Argentina and like two or three days in Montevideo, Uruguay. You know, why is that the case? I mean, Argentina is a big country, Uruguay is a big hunt it's got a lot of people, it's got a lot of cows. Love both countries, by the way, just difference between the population base. Why is that the case. I'm in Montevideo, Uruguay. I'm there because the Argentines learned a long time ago that if your money's in the banking system, it's possible that the government's gonna come in and take your savings account and convert it into long term Argentine bonds and right, and so the confidence in the financial system themselves that eroded, so they wanted to move money out of the country. I mean, we don't want those things outcomes in the US. And so there's gonna be a dynamic at play here because of the way banks do. I think it's naive to think that banks just you know, come in and charge interest. And so therefore, if we have a new form of money, we should be able to you know, pay interest as well, and we're gonna have the same We're gonna have the same you know, operate in the same economy and helping expand the economy as banks have done for literally decades. That that's probably a somewhat naive position, to be honest with you, Yeah.
Speaker 2: And I don't know what the compromise is going to be. We're gonna have to wait, and said, I think there was an they're meeting today this morning at the White House between the bank and the crypto industries. So hopefully they find some sort of compromise and we can get the Clarity Act pushed through.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Again, I think one of the big, big, big I mean, going back to early last year when one of the first UH moves by the administration was to kind of do away with SAB one twenty one, which was the accounting you know recommendation that said you had to hold a dollar capital for everything that might be in some sort of blockchain product or service. I mean, that was just a freeze ray on everything. And so we do want to unleash the creativity and opportunities exist within the financial systems, you know, here in the US. I think we I mean, I think that's a noble and you know, good idea. By and large, how they crypto industry, you know, lobbies against bank. We do know also that there's a lot of money deployed by the crypto industry in super PACs prepared for the mid term election relative to what the you know, legacy financial community is doing as well. So yeah, we'll be super interesting to see who comes out on the right side of that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I didn't have this in my bingo card. You know, the banks would you know, be battling crypto this year on that. But yeah, hopefully to find a balance, right, I think that's important. But to your point, I don't think you can just you know, with all the things that banks are responsible, like you mentioned mortgages and all that, and credit and all that, we can't just pull the seat from under them.
Speaker 1: The other thing that it's going to be important, and we saw this in a global financial crisis too. It's the lines kind of credit ultimately, you know, whether it's in the in the banks and stable coins, it's all sits inside of you know, the US dollar that the Federal Reserve has responsibility for, you know, and you know the Treasury and all of that kind of system. And so we have to recognize that as well. And so it's likely if you have these big if you have a if you have some institution that has some sort of systemic risk associated with it, with a whole bunch of money from businesses and or you know, consumers, you know, associate with it. Then they are going to need to have lines, you know, maybe even just like credit lines with the FED as well. Put those things type of things in place. Those are things that don't necessarily exist currently, right, I mean we talked about that with money fund as well. I mean, we'd love to have Benji be big enough that the that the FED is like, we need to have you to have a credit line associated with that. Those are going to be important things as well. Right, You don't want to grow up this thing by its own with you know, being permissious, permissionless, and and and deregulated without understanding how it potentially gets woven in again, because while the genius acts certainly for the vast for for the US specific stable coins defined what that collateral pool could be should be and limited it kind of in the same way that two A seven money funds in the US have a very limited types of assets that they can hold. You know, that's just one step of that. When you think about that, we haven't had a credit cycle unfold. You know, let's let's make sure that we're making sure that we have all of the appropriate safeguards in place for all actors moving forward. So those are also going to be important things to be thinking about.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well said so Roger, what's on your digital Asset ROAPEMAP.
Speaker 1: For this year. It's this idea that you know, now with you know, skepticism melting and more significant players coming into the entire using blockchain as infrastructure ecosystem, how we integrate with more of those, how we deliver more products and services besides just you know, kind of these boring things like money funds. Money funds are I call them boring. We think of them as infrastructures much as anything, not like really an asset class. But we kind of you know, just kind of solve that problem an opportunity coming forward. So how do we get this experience of other assets into the h the both the existing kind of digital ecosystem as well as kind of our legacy customers and clients who are exploring those. That's a lot of our heavy lift that we're involved in over the next couple of months. But it's an exciting thing to be doing. As I mentioned very early, you know, of the forty years that I have been doing this, the idea that we're going to meet customers and clients in a new environment We're going to be receiving assets, by the way, in these new environments, right, we know the projects by the Treasury obviously NASDAC, New York Stock Exchange. So the raw materials of asset management that are coming to us are becoming on these you know, blockchain rails. That changes a lot of the underpinnings of the operations that we have to think about. And then that third component I talked about, can we bring more differentiated type of asset experiences into clients portfolios? Those three things that's a lot of would to chop quite frankly. Oh.
Speaker 3: Absolutely.
Speaker 2: Well, I'm excited for the updates and I'll be paying attention. We'll love to have you back on as things progress. I have some wrap up questions here for you. First, if you could create your own metaverse.
Speaker 3: What would the theme be?
Speaker 2: Oh my god, where'd you put your oculus in metaverse?
Speaker 1: Well, I have some great passions in my life. I too like basketball. I grew up a Central Illinois boy, and you know, basketball was everything we do. The movie Housier's could have been our community by and large, So the metaverse would have a lot of basketball. And you know, we're seeing this huge inflection point in women's basketball. By the way, right, the delta of popularity and opportunities and women's basketball is rapidly rising. That's super exciting to my family. I have a whole family female basketball players. I have. It took the Midwestern boy put them in some alpine communities for a while. I love sliding down slick things at high rates of speed, not as you know at my age, maybe not as high rates speed I used to. My metaverse involves a lot of explorations and mountains and different type of topographies. I guess the other thing is I'm hoping and then not too distant future as I get to experience, you know, not just my own children, but another generation about how to grandparent through that. I don't know. Has that really a metaverse? So I grandchildren, snowsports and basketball.
Speaker 3: Were you a Chicago Bulls fan?
Speaker 1: I was. The Chicago Bulls weren't very good when I was growing up. But my boyhood hero was a a player by name of Doug Collins who ended up being a coach with Chaga Bulls. But he played in my at the Illinis State University, which is in normal Illinois where I grew up, and of course, he went on to I think he was the number one draft pick for the seventy six years, and he had that that experience in the the Munich Olympics where you know, you know, the US did not win gold. We don't have to punch down all that premiation of that. But yeah, Doug Collins was my childhood hero. Is the best call.
Speaker 2: I love them as a commentator as well. I enjoyed listening to him when you commented on games, Okay, rapid fire questions. Favorite food, favorite food I like tacos. Favorite musician or band, Favorite musician or band?
Speaker 1: My favorite? If I said Taylor Swift. How would you feel about that?
Speaker 3: Well, my daughter will love that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well good, I'm appealing to your daughter. The Women's committee at my house, I mean maybe that's just happened because the Women's committee dominates who gets to beyond the airwaves at my house and on stuff. So I've taped to that. You know who else I like quite a bit is Green Day.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah.
Speaker 1: Green Day is a Northern California band, their East Bay band. I live in the East Bay and so I love I love Green Day Quay. But it's great. It's great to see them on a Super Bowl pregame show.
Speaker 2: Yes, Dookie one of the best albums ever.
Speaker 1: Absolutely yeah.
Speaker 2: Regarding Tailor Stuff, every time I go into my car my phone because it's automatically SYNCD with Spotify, Taylor stuff comes on.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, I don't like that, but my eight.
Speaker 1: Year old absolutely well, anything for the eight year old.
Speaker 3: Right yeah.
Speaker 1: Favorite movie, A favorite movie. I love the Godfather movies.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, it was a great. Favorite book.
Speaker 1: A favorite book? Wow, you know I I love the John Irving novels, the whole series of them. I spent one year my academic life at the University of Iowa, and he was at the writer's workshop in Iowa, and I just liked historytelling quite a bit. Turns out I can think his grandchildren were Olympians on the on the alpine ski team, and uh In in Italy and Qurtina right now, Yeah, I read an article about that, but yeah, I was. I always found his story history is fascinating.
Speaker 3: Wow, I'll check that out. When you're not working, what are you doing for fun?
Speaker 1: Gosh? I try to keep myself, you know, healthy and and uh moving forward, moving I find that, you know. I want to keep the body limber. I want to be able to you know, I expect to live to a ripe old age. I want to enjoy, you know, multiple generations behind me. I want to be able to teach them to, uh, to shoot a basket, teach them to you know, fish in a stream, teach them just to kind of enjoy life and and uh, just I love spending time with my family. Of course, I have very very great long term friends from when I was you know, even in first grade that are still really good friends of mine, and so I you know, I've taken up golf in the past several years. I used to think of golf as like kind of a well, is it an old person type of game? I don't know. But I started experiencing golf with my wife and her family, and it was such an enriching experience. It was just like I when I was a younger guy and I was playing golf, it was all about like, you know, trash, talking about oh crab shop. But what I really learned is like it's a whole bunch of enriching people. Might my wife might totally like long breakdown laughing when I totally miss and swing a shot whatever, but almost always there's something complimentary to say to somebody like you know, good ball strike, or like you know night direction. Oh you're in the fairway. You only might be thirty yards forward in the fairway because you mishit it. But I found it to be an enriching thing and it's very humbling situation, right, And so that's you have to pace through life on like that. Life is not. You have to be able to enjoy the journey through life. So you have to be able to enjoy the journey of the nine or eighteen holes, not just what the outcome is. I found that to be true in lots of life. It's not about the destination where you're getting to, but it's like the everyday journey that gets there. And I found that to be a nice humbling thing about golf. That puts you out there. You know, you got to wipe away what just happened, and you got to try it, you know, try for something else, and every once in a while, like a real miracle happens, and then you hope to keep doing it. But that's a that's a new pastime for me.
Speaker 2: I used to trash golf a lot, and then I've learned to respect it when I try to play with some people.
Speaker 3: This is hard man. Yeah, did your point pace?
Speaker 2: And it's a bit slum moving because I'm used to playing basketball and baseball, grew uplaying you know those sports, but golf is tough.
Speaker 1: Well, I hope you get to enjoy more golf. And what I also learned is like, if I golf, this is what I saw with my wife, she spends she prioritized spending time with her father golfing, you know, multiple times a month, you know. And I was at that time golfing with them. But I was like, if I take up golf, my kids will prioritize spending and I invest with them. There's going to be a time in my life where my kids actually prioritize spending time with me for five hours without phones or anything.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm in Yeah, oh yeah, for sure. I'll keep that in mind when my daughter gets a little bit older and I get older. But Roger, great conversation, looking forward to the future. Updates are on Franklin, Templeton, and Digital Assets. Thank you so much for taking the time.
Speaker 1: Yeah, thanks for having me.
Speaker 2: Thank you so much for tuning in. Please hit the like button subscribe if you have any as yet If you're listening on a podcast platform such as Spotify or Apple, please follow and leave a five star rating. Thank you so much.