Speaker 1: So we went to Andrew's American Pizza Kitchen on President's Day. It was me, WiFi, Gator and Papa and here's what we did. Papa and Gator both had lasagna soup, and then wife he got like I think, I forget the name of it, but it's like the Andrews Vegetarian beef Extravaganza. It's like the Dallas style pizza. And then I got a special beef ragou pasta dish. We had cold Rollertown Lights because their bar is great. They got several beers on tap, including Rollertown Light and big German and a couple other Rollertown offerings. That's the brewery up there and Sline have been and I are partners and so we appreciate that. But they have a full bar. They got wine selection on and on and we feasted, and then we were texting with the kids and they wanted us to bring food home, so we brought home chicken Parmie.
Speaker 2: We brought home chicken catch a tory like.
Speaker 1: We hooked them up and it was wonderful and you should do the same. Visit Andrew's American Pizza Kitchen voted best Pizza in the DF dub by the Dallas Morning News readers five different styles of pizza that they've mastered. Such a great place right there at Preston and Plano Parkway in Plano. See for yourself. We think it's the best. It's Andrew's American Pizza Kitchen. But right now it's time for this.
Speaker 3: And now it's time for Basis Wee Day Day, featuring veteran news anchor kt fon tweets. Here are the important stories he's currently tracking from around the world.
Speaker 1: Quick SNL fifty follow up. We know the reason why Dana Carvey was not there, But oh butt flu had the flu? Yeah, tough deal there, Christina. Have you ever had butt flu?
Speaker 4: I don't think so.
Speaker 2: Is that not what you guys had not too long ago?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Again, that was the neuro virus. Yep, the full which looking back, I don't know that I would take the noum virus over anything, but the full flu does knock you out for you know, a week or so. Sounds like Dana Carvey had the Nora Dunn virus at it now, it was going around back in the day, but I sure was.
Speaker 2: I asked dice Man.
Speaker 1: Dickery, Doc, No man, I was thinking about the most racist joke that he told back in the day.
Speaker 2: Do you know the one I'm not gonna.
Speaker 1: Please don't say it ever bade them. Let's see now, I'll just give you that. I'll just give you the punchline and without setting it up. And in hindsight, it is so shocking when he said, well, what they have fertilizer in those things?
Speaker 2: Wait, i'll tell you off air, I'm scared about her breast.
Speaker 4: No, that was my first thought, too. Uh uh interesting?
Speaker 1: Can you lay this out?
Speaker 2: No, I've really gone.
Speaker 1: I've gone as far as I want to go because I haven't really disparaged race, which I wouldn't in the first place.
Speaker 2: It was merely what another person had said.
Speaker 1: But now I'm not even bringing up any of it, so I'm just gonna leave it at that.
Speaker 2: But it just stuck out to me.
Speaker 1: I mean, I was in high school when I heard the joke, and at the time, I'm sure I laughed because everyone was just so casually racist back then. Yeah, and then I was thinking about it, Resa was like, my god, that is a shocking joke. That is I'd like to find out what it is. Because most of his material did not stand the test of time. No, which I was really none of his materials too. I always wonder though, when he's in town and he comes to town once a year. Yeah, I'm always like, he's evolved. What's he doing? That's the thing of the in memoriam that they did on Sarah Life. Keep in mind that guy sold out Arenas. He was the biggest, certainly the biggest comedy star. But they made movies like the Adventures of Ford Fairlane. His comedy was so huge they based movies around him like he was massive, and he was basically just racist and bigoted and sexist.
Speaker 2: It's pretty much it.
Speaker 1: Okay, So Andrew Dice Clay will not be playing at the Richardson Wildflower Festival though, that's a surprise. Yeah, Christina guys played it last year, right, we did, and okay, Okay, I was gonna get it. Have they fully?
Speaker 4: I believe we are set to play. God, I don't know if it's gonna be Sunday again or South Okay, because.
Speaker 1: I still see the additional bands coming soon.
Speaker 4: Oh no, I'm not supposed to say dump all that. Yeah, I don't, I legit, don't know for sure yet. I know we were talking about doing it again.
Speaker 2: I think it's okay to say that you guys are in talks.
Speaker 4: We are in talks with It was so much fun last year, and like it's it's an arts festival. So even before we played, we walked around and uh believe we bought a few things from Smartest there.
Speaker 1: It's cool you guys just promoted that you contributed financially to the festival.
Speaker 4: Well, I want other people to know that, Hey, not only is there good music, a ton of great bands playing at this thing. I was blown away to look down and see a Wall Nation tape all right on the same stage we're playing. But there's great bands but also great artists as.
Speaker 2: Well as you guys do sail before they did.
Speaker 4: No they played, They played the night before. We were the first band the next day. They still have the tape there.
Speaker 1: It's a very good music festival. It has been for ten years, yeah, or however long it's been going underrated. They released their there most of their lineup. Okay, before you hit that, I did see. I just saw it on my Instagram that Oatmeal Pizza is playing in a week at the end of February.
Speaker 4: This Sunday, Andy's Farewell to Andy's.
Speaker 1: That's what I saw.
Speaker 4: So, yes, we will be playing.
Speaker 1: I hope y'all get to play with the with the Gay Sea Daddies.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, I do what you guys.
Speaker 4: I don't know if they're part of the Farewell lineup or not.
Speaker 2: They should be.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they always play there rule Yeah. Year, I think it was. I mean some group Love was one of the Nights thirty eight special. She said, Hey, well na third eight special. Yep, so this this year, Friday Young the Giant.
Speaker 4: Why didn't you Why did you say?
Speaker 1: I like I was doing. I was trying to do buttead Okay, Miley, because all the bands have three something, the Something minus the Bear, Young the Giant, Cage, the Elephant Cage, the Elephant.
Speaker 2: They survived Kentucky.
Speaker 1: Yeah they made it out.
Speaker 4: Wait show in Kentucky the same night we're there.
Speaker 1: No, they're just from from there sort of but mean sort of Young the Giants Saturday your headliner you got. I'm gonna read a few of these for you here, skin Eli, the Young, Uh, the Spin Doctors, Sugar Ray Okay, Cold War Kids and the Revivalist will be your Saturday night headliners.
Speaker 2: Let me just say no, you go ahead.
Speaker 4: I just saying huge Cold War Kids especially. I don't think I've ever seen him live.
Speaker 1: I've seen Cold War Kids live and they were great, I assume twice. They were great when they were headlining. They were not great when they were opening for the Kings of Leon. Did you see them with me at the Rustic?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, Okay, that was really fun, right, Yeah, that was a good show. Sunday Black Joe Lewis and the Honeybears they're dope, fun time.
Speaker 2: They're from Austin, right, maybe so. I think they are.
Speaker 1: Sell them open up for Dave a long time ago. Yeah, Dave Matthews's mom died. Tough one right there for me. They're moving KFC to Texas. Oh, KFC is going to play the Richardson Wildflower Festival. That's not true, although Casey and the Sunshine Band absolutely have.
Speaker 2: I like KFC Sunshine Band. Wouldn't that be great?
Speaker 4: The Giant guy dress is a chicken tender.
Speaker 1: Yeah, eating fried chicken and listening to sweaty cocaine disco. They're moving their US headquarters from Louisville, Kentucky, to plan Oh.
Speaker 2: Louisville.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so, KFS, which has their state in the title, like when Waterburger got sold to Chicago.
Speaker 2: It's not like it was Texas Burger.
Speaker 1: You know? Does this a little strange? One hundred KFC US employees will be required to relocate the next six months, So one hundred people are coming to Texas. Don't Kentucky my Texas.
Speaker 4: I did feel bad because it's like, man, you see all that Kentucky's going through right now, you're gonna put this on top of all that. I know, right, come on, KFC timing.
Speaker 1: Lives, land, flooding, So do you go ahead and take the next step and make it Plano Fried Chicken is the name of your franchise, PFC.
Speaker 4: PFC.
Speaker 1: No, this is weird to me, but it's it's happening, and I don't think it changes anything because there are some fun facts that you should know. Do you guys think that the Outback Steakhouse originated in Australia? I know for a fact that it did right there in Sydney or Melbourne. That is incorrect, sir, Outback Steakhouse up with Florida. That's right, that's the That's the where the first bloomin onion was right there in Tampa, right there at Saint Pete out there.
Speaker 4: Roy Brothers served that very first.
Speaker 2: That's right.
Speaker 1: There's something about the breading you know in Florida. Dude, you get that with a what is that called a great Benini?
Speaker 4: What is the name of that drink?
Speaker 1: A wall of be benini or something like a frozen drink. Maybe that's it. Yeah, who could know? Okay, Steakhows there's a pizza place that say, oh, what did you see? They got their house knocked off Keith Urban and uh plastic lady.
Speaker 2: They went.
Speaker 1: They went somewhere in the same South African gang that's been hitting up the Kelcia.
Speaker 2: Look it up, look it up. Okay, yeah, I'm not yelling.
Speaker 4: At I didn't just see on this TV in here they put a picture of the guys that stole because they were so smart that they posted a picture of them with the safe. Yes they're so dumb.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they had some wild dudes. South Africans don't care, bro, Well, I thought they were Chileans. That's in South Africa. Oh, I said South. I met South America. North Americans. Yeah, my bad, Yeah, man, I met South America. Come on, dude, come on christ They got Joe Burrow and they're the one. They're the ones that got Luca, I believe, no, no, yes, so Mike Conley maybe these are all. These are all because I think we never found out on the Luca thing, but there was. It was just these these guys came up because of that. Of those, was it Mike Conley junior or senior junior?
Speaker 2: Yep?
Speaker 1: So the other place, Andrews America Pizza Kitchen is way better than this pizza place. About to mention old Chicago pizza.
Speaker 2: I'm unfamiliar with it. Where do you think they're from? Naples?
Speaker 4: I guess not Chicago, Boulder, Colorado.
Speaker 1: Oh so if you're just going to start a business, you can just go and give it the name of something else, even though you have no ties to there. Wasn't there some hot sauce recently, or tortillas or something in Carolina that had a Texas tie to it? Remember that in a story down off the top of my head, something happened and there was a guy hot sauce, right, yes, and it was made in Carolina, but it had Texas in the name or something. Yeah, it feels weird to do that, but I don't know. For instance, Twin Peaks the restaurant. Yeah, the Booby Wings HQ right here in Addison. Wow. But you know they're not like they're from almost like mountains and stuff. This is not that weird, I guess. I don't know.
Speaker 2: That was a little strange, though.
Speaker 1: Five hundred thousand people without power, I'm sorry, I'm sorry. Five thousand people without power in DFW because of the cold snap. Really, yeah, five thousand people without power in Dallas Tarret counties as of this morning. A lot of these people got it back by noon, so that's good. I did see a video of someone had thrown out a snow nato on Lake Louisville.
Speaker 4: I saw that too. That was insane.
Speaker 1: Yeah, although it it never touched down, but it was forming didn't have the blonde gal from American Pie in it. It did not have the blonde gal from American Pie and it Tara Reid. Yeah, but the bad knees, Yeah, was she in it.
Speaker 4: I didn't see any cows going by either.
Speaker 1: I'd see the cows.
Speaker 4: Too cold for cows. But it was weird. It was just snow, but a tornado like a snow nato.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's a natural occurrence in these parts. Last story, we're going to do in the weekday updates. Hey, look, they're Steve Eager right behind you.
Speaker 2: He is ready to go.
Speaker 1: The number of virgins in the United States has hit an all time high because of the population. If you were young adults in America having sex them before, virginity rates among twenty two to thirty four year olds hitting record high. So if you're twenty two to thirty four, a lot of people in that age group virgins say stay pure and stay true to yourself. This is great for radical terrorists because when they do their act, they're promised. That's a weird one that you strung.
Speaker 2: Man, that's pretty good, right, Yeah.
Speaker 1: I mean because where I was going to go is did you see the stats that drinking is down with young people.
Speaker 2: I have seen that correlation.
Speaker 4: So yeah, I I was thinking it's because more people are on their phones all the time, and then you don't actually want to talk to people, and then that you kind of need to talk to someone before you do that. You don't have to know you yes or no?
Speaker 1: Yeah, you can nod your head. There's no gray area ever. I'm looking for sex. Nod yes, shake your head no if you're unwilling, All right, we've made up doing a Justin Tucker thing. Coming up next is bidden feel better? And maybe he'll join us for the Today game. Stick around and find out