Speaker 1: You're listening to KPI AM six forty the Bill Handle Show on demand on the iHeartRadio app.
Speaker 2: I have just had a thought. You could have dressed up like a sheep for Halloween.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's true. I could have. And Neil could have dressed up as a.
Speaker 1: Sheep farmer and walked behind me very closely in the two of.
Speaker 4: His feet seven in the morning early for this Why only mind.
Speaker 3: Because it would have been a good look.
Speaker 1: And now Handle on the news, ladies and gentlemen, here's Bill Handle. Oh yes, Foy Friday, November eighth, What a week, What a week. And we're still in the middle of a huge story with fire, and we'll be talking about that Amy, certainly we'll be talking about that, and then the beginning of the Trump administration some really interesting things. As I had said, as we had all said, we're in for a roller coasha ride. There is no question all about that. So we'll be talking a little bit here there about it. Also, we have Foody Friday, which is why it's Foody Friday, and that's at eight o'clock this morning.
Speaker 3: This week's World in Review.
Speaker 1: And a topic, Oh god, I love this topic, and.
Speaker 3: That is atheist chaplains.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you know, that's coming up at seven point fifty, but we may do at seven point thirty. And because I'm going to bring you in because we're always talking about atheism and God, et cetera, and that may go to sections, so we may hold over the retailer's returnless refunds.
Speaker 3: See what happens.
Speaker 1: The show is put together as we do the show. It's very strange how we do it. You talk about live radio.
Speaker 3: Huh.
Speaker 1: All right, good morning to everybody, Neil, morning.
Speaker 3: To you, Good morning.
Speaker 1: Oh and tomorrow, Neil and I are going to be at the Wildfork and Laguna to gel together from two to five. Tell you more about that later. Yeah, we'll be pitching that a fair amount today. Also, I'll be pitching that at on handle on the Law too, And you know, yeah it is handle on the Law is syndicated. I'm assuming people know that, and it's heard in several hundred markets around the country. I'm going to be asking people in Florida and Maine to come on out, come on out this afternoon. Yeah, okay, so it's a plane ride, but we are going to be together from two to five at the Wild Fork.
Speaker 3: In Laguna, and Miguel, wasn't that a neat way for me to brag?
Speaker 4: Well, the way I look at it, anybody dumb enough to listen to handle on the law for legal advice might just get on a plane to come see you.
Speaker 3: On a Saturday and Laguna Negal.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's true. And you say, don't forget your teeth.
Speaker 3: Okay.
Speaker 4: You know what, people on social media have been very kind and are excited about it.
Speaker 3: So I'm looking forward to hanging out with you for tomorrow.
Speaker 1: Oh, not listening to the show on handling a lot being excited about us.
Speaker 3: I listen every Saturday, right Amy, Good morning.
Speaker 5: Good morning, Bill.
Speaker 2: And can I just say, since you mentioned the fires, we talked to Dean Sharp this morning, host of at Home with Dean Sharp here on KFI. He had some great tips for fireproofing your home. If you want to go listen to the podcast.
Speaker 3: Yeah, no, he always does.
Speaker 2: They were really good and especially always does for people who don't think they might be at risk.
Speaker 3: Yeah. No, it's always great information.
Speaker 1: The best Yeah, the best information he's ever come up with is move to an island.
Speaker 4: Would you see that today? I'm a fan of a building igloo. Yeah, yeah, move to Knowles, his math, his math on what you need to do to protect yourself from large flames.
Speaker 3: This morning, Amy was insane.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he's no, he's very very good. And what he does, I mean obviously, and he has spoken about this. If there is a flame, if there's a fire coming in to the extent that this mountain fire is attacking you, you're done.
Speaker 3: I mean, you can't deal with that.
Speaker 1: But it's throwing embers miles in front of it, and that you can do and those can really cause fires and for your house down. So anyway, great, great information, and you can listen to it on demand. Yeah, Dean does this. We usually do whatever you have fire season. He's excellent to that.
Speaker 3: Hello and good morning.
Speaker 5: Good morning Bill.
Speaker 1: Oh you sounds so chipper and kno Bill, Bill, Okay, that sounds better.
Speaker 3: Okay, let me see. You know, I got nothing, So you guys want to do something like what I don't know, don't know, you know, yeah, talk about fire day Friday. Hey, yeah, let's row schambeau.
Speaker 5: What are we roam for?
Speaker 3: I don't know. It doesn't work on the radio.
Speaker 1: Yeah, all right, guys, yeah, you probably would, you know, savle My, Uh.
Speaker 3: Basically my best friend, a dear friend of Neil and mine.
Speaker 1: It has a scleroroderma, which is a horrific disease, which is a hardening of the skin, hardening of the arteries, and it is a life threatening disease. And we didn't know what it was. And when he first told me, uh hell, he just called me. We finally got a diagnosis, Bill, it's scleroderma. And I blurted out, that means we can play hockey with your kidneys correct, And he said, see, that's why we're friends.
Speaker 3: And then his.
Speaker 1: Skin if he does an exercise, his fingers become clawlike and he can't move them.
Speaker 4: At your wedding, he looks wonder because he's he's exercising like he's very good looking.
Speaker 1: So when he was, but when his skin does tighten up, I'm always I always want to pay rock scissors paper with him because I never lose.
Speaker 3: Okay, let's do it.
Speaker 1: It is time handle on the news with Amy, Neil and me lead.
Speaker 3: Story and it is the Mountain fire Man.
Speaker 1: It exploded two thousand acres an hour yesterday. Let me defer to Amy right here, Amy, because you're keeping up with the latest.
Speaker 2: Yes, So it's over twenty thousand acres. They've confirmed that one hundred and thirty two structures, houses and other buildings have been destroyed. Eighty eight others are damaged. The fire is five percent surrounded and did not grow much yesterday. They've got like eight hundred firefighters on the lines. The governor toward some of the fire damage and declared a state of emergency. That's good at freeze up some resources, and they are expecting the winds to die down today, so that is hopefully going to help out.
Speaker 1: To Yeah, of course you saw the video last night of the fire and the damage and the neighborhoods that were.
Speaker 5: Flattened, like reduced to nothing, right to the.
Speaker 1: Foundation, But it's not even that used to be end of the world head line stuff. Today it is expected and doesn't surprise anybody. It's by school shootings. Uh okay, big number, that's news small number. EH one hundred homes, fifty homes destroyed, EH, two hundred, three hundred.
Speaker 3: Okay, now we have a story.
Speaker 2: So Newsom wants to Trump proof California less than thirty six hours after former President Trump was declared the winner of the twenty twenty four presidential election. Governor Newsom has called for a special session of the legislature. He says he wants to increase legal funding to protect California policies on civil rights, climate change, abortion access, and disaster funding. He said, the freedoms we hold deer in California are under attack, and we won't sit idle.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm going to talk more about that at seven o'clock. This is a whole lot to do about not very much. A lot of symbolism here. Not anything dummy, isn't he Yeah, dumby? This is not This is basically kind of a dumb move. It's it's nothing. It's just you know, standing up and screaming.
Speaker 3: And we'll talk more about that. We'll talk more about that at seven o'clock.
Speaker 1: And this may be the opening salvo of Newsim's run for the presidency. It's getting closer and closer for the nomination next time out because it's going to be an open battle.
Speaker 3: Of course, Trump won't be able to run.
Speaker 1: Again unless MAGA people say we need to redo our constitution like they did in Russia, which gave Putin, like they used to have a two term limit in Russia, not anymore.
Speaker 3: Putin had that changed. Well, we used to not have a limit, did.
Speaker 1: We Yeah, until FDR. We did it after FDR. He was elected four times and they said that's enough. And keep in mind that we've never had a limit. And there was never a president that lasted or or serve more than two third terms.
Speaker 3: Until nineteen thirty two.
Speaker 1: So from seventeen eighty one, when George Washington became the president, president president, there was never anybody lasted longer than two terms.
Speaker 3: They just gave it up.
Speaker 1: He was sort of the thing to do. And then would you be president because some people like it? As someone was asked Lyndon Johnson, I was president. Two things you know about two things about the presidency? What do you think are the best?
Speaker 3: Two things? Goes one? Air Force one two? You never stand in line for anything? Okay, isn't that what you say about being the host of the morning show? What air Force one? Yeah? And never standing in line for anything? Yeah? I wish you had joined me.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I did a Costco run yesterday and it was the most crowded I have ever seen.
Speaker 3: If you and I sat there in line for twenty minutes.
Speaker 4: If you get a plane, can we call it OI Force one?
Speaker 3: I'm trying to think of that that's bad or good.
Speaker 1: It's sort of it's sort of stupid, but sort of it's also sort of very good too.
Speaker 3: Let me think that through. How do you pronounce your last name? Susie Wiles? Wiles Wiles?
Speaker 4: Okay, she's a long time GOP operative, but she's kind of been avoiding the spotlight. She's she's going to serve as President Elect Trump's White House chief of staff. She was the one who's credited for running this last Trump which they say this campaign was the most disciplined and well executed.
Speaker 1: Kid.
Speaker 3: Yeah, she is.
Speaker 1: I was watching an interview last night on CNN describing her as being both sides. Everybody thinks she's a very disciplined she.
Speaker 3: She's universally admired, absolutely.
Speaker 1: And there was there was a story about how she said that there are certain conditions that have to be met before I will be the White House chief of staff. One of them is she said, and it was described by the interviewee a pundit is that she said, We're not going to have a clown car outside of the White House door where everybody is piling into the Oval office.
Speaker 3: That's not going to happen. It was very well said.
Speaker 5: I think she runs a tight ship.
Speaker 1: She does run a tight ship where Trump, anybody could walk in. Trump is very loose. He's always had that way of management. People walk in, they don't wait, what are you doing? And that's and you know, if you're going to have a buttoned down presidency, it has to be more disciplined, and he's not.
Speaker 3: So he brought her in.
Speaker 1: So it goes to show you he understands that maybe we have to go in a little direction in terms of operational, operationally.
Speaker 3: And the first world, by the way.
Speaker 4: The most powerful way for him to run his administration, say what he wants, but somebody that kind of controls things.
Speaker 3: A little more.
Speaker 2: Soccer fans have gone wild, God, and it's worse than normal.
Speaker 5: You know how soccer fans got out of control?
Speaker 2: Well, this time they attacked Israeli soccer fans at a match in Amsterdam. The least made dozens of arrest the fans. The Israeli fans were targeted in several areas of the city after the match between Maccabi Tel Aviv and Dutch club Ajax.
Speaker 3: Yeah, maccabee by the way, Macabee.
Speaker 5: Sorry, Yeah, they.
Speaker 3: Didn't go to Hebrew school.
Speaker 2: I did not there you are, Yeah, and they're now. The Israel Foreign Ministry says they're urging Israel Israeli's tours in Amsterdam to just stay in their hotel rooms because it's dangerous out there.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's sick. And anti Semitism is growing like crazy.
Speaker 1: As I've said, Israel has become is on its way to becoming a pariah state as to what is happening in Gaza and Lebanon now.
Speaker 4: So why don't they see it separate? Why don't they see the administration separate from Uh?
Speaker 1: That's you know, here's why Israel I'll tell you this one is it goes back to you know, Jews and the religion. Most Arabs right who, let's say the Arab world, they're not anti Semitic, They're anti Zionism.
Speaker 3: That's what they're about.
Speaker 1: They there's always been somewhat of a hatred, but nothing like today. And it's because Israel is a theocracy, it's a Jewish state, and it's takeover taken over land that the Arabs feel, the Palestinians feel is their land, and everybody hates Jews.
Speaker 3: I guess is that good? Analysis. Yeah.
Speaker 4: I love the way you broke it down and put a nice, nice point on Yeah.
Speaker 3: There's been an anti semitism for forever all over the world.
Speaker 4: All rightaways, all right, go ahead, key takeaways from the Fed's rate cut. After the election. You know, all this stuff is going to tie into presidential politics. You've got the charitr Rome Powell. A lot of people were wondering if he's going to you know, run through his entire you know, length of being chair, which I think goes into mid of twenty twenty six. But it looks like everything that's come out of President Trump's camp is that they're not going to change him or do anything more. Tax rate cuts are expected for twenty twenty five, but you know, with a new president, there's a lot of things that can impact that. Proposed policies, tax cuts, deregulation, tariffs, all these big.
Speaker 1: One is going to be teriffs in a lot of ways. I saw a big fan I saw on Instagram there was a letter. I don't know if it's real or not, fake news or not, but it's a CEO a small manufacturing company saying this year there will be no bonuses that will be given to the employees because in anticipation of the tariffs, we're going to have to pay much much more for our goods that we're going from China.
Speaker 3: Therefore, it's going to be more expensive for us to manufacture. We don't have the money to pay you.
Speaker 1: I think people are going to wake up and realize if tariffs come in, it's going to be a lot more expensive for us. It is, I mean, that's the reality. Whether that's good or bad, you decide. Some economists say good, some economis will say bad. But the price of stuff is going to go up. Inflation is going to hit even on tu Well, yeah, because everything is tariffed. Yeah, yeah, I don't know how it works. On the internet what.
Speaker 4: And on Wish I wish and TEAMU it didn't go up.
Speaker 1: I don't know how the tariffs work. Do you know that we have twenty six thousand tariffs out there right now? Twenty six thousand because everything is different. For just giving you an idea, you buy a ring, all right from China, Well you if you separate the stone, that's a different tariff. If you just do the metal, that's a tariff. If you just do if you do the entire ring, that's a different tariff. That's three tariffs, three different tariffs on a ring.
Speaker 3: And this is all just to motivate us to make it here at home. Yep. But that means it's going to be more money. It's going to be more money if it costs too much money.
Speaker 1: You manufacture in Mexico, for example, and that's really a sweating bullets now is Mexico. So you have car manufacturers that are manufacturing. They have their car assembly plants in Mexico to save money, and there now is a thirty percent tariff for twenty percent tariff put in there. All of a sudden, GM is now having to pay twenty percent.
Speaker 3: More to bring in the car. And so guess what the price of the car is going to go up?
Speaker 1: Now?
Speaker 3: Will they be manufacturing in the United States?
Speaker 1: That is the point of tariffs where Trump is absolutely right. If we make it so onerous you to manufacture overseas, then you have to buy American products. They have to hire American workers fair enough. How much you think a guy who assembles a car south of the border makes six dollars an hour eight dollars an hour? How about United auto workers make forty dollars an hour? It's you know, people are going to see that it's not so simple.
Speaker 3: It's going to be a little complex.
Speaker 5: So the crazies are coming out. This is so gross.
Speaker 2: Somebody is sending text messages to black men, to women, to students, including middle schoolers, and basically saying, hey, report to the plantation. Gather your stuff and report to this place. The messages are being sent anonymously. They've been reported in several states, including California. Some were instructing the recipient to show up at an address at a particular time, quote with their belonging.
Speaker 1: I'm assuming that a single hacker can do this, and I don't know.
Speaker 3: I don't know enough about tech, but.
Speaker 1: It's you know, now with the Internet, the crazy stuff comes out, and not just the conspiracy theories, which are nuts that are reprinted or reposted. But you know, okay, a small group can a single person because I can't imagine this is circulating.
Speaker 3: Well maybe it is.
Speaker 1: And you've got I mean, there are plenty of racists in this country. I've got to ask Rich that.
Speaker 2: But that it's you know, well, the FBI is in on it now, the Justice Department, the Federal Communications Question.
Speaker 5: I hope they catch these.
Speaker 3: People Trump allies.
Speaker 4: Uh, they say private sector as well, quietly prepare for mass detention of immigrants.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 4: You know, obviously he's been saying that he's going to deport a bunch of people. His day one priority is to reinstate his former administration's border policies, reverse the of President Joe Biden. So that is what is expected and people are preparing for. I can't remember what the original policy was, but the Trump's original policy.
Speaker 1: Trump's original policy was he made it remain in Mexico. That was one of them, one of his policies. The other one was separation of kids. I mean not specifically, but just it happened. It made it very, very difficult, and then Joe Biden almost doubled down on it.
Speaker 3: So Trump's going to go back to the old ways.
Speaker 1: And I mean he said day one he's going to start moving with the biggest mass deportation in the history of the United States. Now, obviously he's not going to deport eleven million people one day, but he's going to make it really difficult. This is it's not going to be an easy time for those people who are illegal immigrants coming in. And then of course there's two sides of that coin.
Speaker 3: Now, I s.
Speaker 1: You have all these white people who were just to pick strawberries, and thank goodness, they're going to get their jobs back.
Speaker 4: You know, me being an asked, Okay, Mexicans don't aspire just to pick strawberries.
Speaker 1: I was making a very bad political joke. Not so bad maybe, but okay. That's anyway where the mass deportations are going to be tough.
Speaker 3: They are.
Speaker 1: It's for we're going to be talking plenty about that because this starts January twenty first or twentieth.
Speaker 2: Well, this isn't deportations, but it's another program that President Biden wanted to have happen. It doesn't appear it's going to A judge in Texas has ruled against Biden's program that offers the path the citizenship to illegal immigrants who are married to US citizens and have been married for ten years. Remember it passed back in August. It was supposed to affect about five hundred thousand people. But now the judge says, no.
Speaker 3: Judge turned it around. It's going to go up on appeal.
Speaker 1: It used to be automatic if someone married an American citizen, it was an automatic you applied then they made it more difficult. It was sort of automatic, but you had to apply outside the country.
Speaker 3: You couldn't apply inside the country.
Speaker 2: So this would would have allowed the people to stay here while they apply for citizenship.
Speaker 3: No, it was a program offering a path to the citizenship.
Speaker 1: I think you still had to apply outside the US and then you get a green.
Speaker 3: Card, is the way I read it, if I'm not mistaken that.
Speaker 5: Into Yeah, I thought let them stay here.
Speaker 1: Originally it did, but then they changed the rules. I don't think they changed. I don't think Biden changed the rules. Back you could stay in the United States or outrun your visa, outlive your what do they call that? Overrun your visa, and then you'd have to apply. Today the rule is you can't apply in the United States.
Speaker 4: Well, more fun stuff coming from China. Chinese chemical company being accused of manufacturing flesh eating zombie drug and fentanyl and even alleging that back in November of twenty sixteen and through November of twenty twenty three that this group what is it hube Oaks sold significant amounts of not only you know fentanyl later but fentanyl precursors to customers here in the United States, and.
Speaker 1: The big one is xylazine trank and that is have you seen pictures of people who are addicted to trenk?
Speaker 3: Are those literally holes in their bodies? I mean that's the flesh eating.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's almost like a flesh eating bacteria. So what I'm going to do for let's put this up on this story up on the are Instagram because for those of you that are going to have oatmeal for breakfast, I'd like you to take some catch up and put it on your oat meal and then look at this story and really enjoy it.
Speaker 2: Kids down Under may as well power down their phones. Australia's Prime Minister says he's going to ban kids under sixteen from social media, saying the pervasive influence of things like Facebook and TikTok is doing real harm to the children and their plan then is to have like Facebook and Instagram TikTok. Those guys would be responsible for enforcing the age limit. They'd get huge fines if they allowed kids under sixteen onto the platform, and if this passes, it would be among the world's strictest measures aimed at kids.
Speaker 1: Well, I think first of all that's going to happen. This is just the harbinger of things to come. And I was wondering, how is that possible? How do you tell if someone is underage? And it occurred to me with AI. It's fairly easy. It just compares posts that kids make and what grade they're in, and what they're doing and birthdays.
Speaker 3: Et cetera.
Speaker 1: Put all that together, and you can pretty well ascertain the age of someone. For example, you can tell how old I am really easy the Internet. You do a search and there I am under hip Hipster is a word that you put together.
Speaker 4: I think they're they're gonna think you're a sixteen year olds because you go in there and you type show me boobies, and they're like, yeah, sixteen.
Speaker 1: All right, I'm gonna look at what I've typed in. Okay, stop it, Okay, where am I? Where have I searched?
Speaker 3: Okay? Lesbians from Venus? Okay? I just did that? Oh so fat birds.
Speaker 4: That's no, it's not the new Jewish couple that moved into your neighborhood.
Speaker 3: Very strong, very strong.
Speaker 4: They got these mysterious black balls. They washed up in Sydney on the beach. They stinked. They're horrible smelling. Seven Beaches last month were shut down after lifeguards spotted these thousands of black spheres.
Speaker 3: Guess what they're made of.
Speaker 4: They thought they were tar, They're actually what they're calling fat birds. They're made up of human feces, methamphetamine, human hair, fatty acids, food waste, and hundreds of other vile and disgusting substances. They smell absolutely disgusting. And their breakfast on the shores fat burgs. Can you imagine now, they're gonna do like a Titanic two, but instead they hit a fat burg.
Speaker 3: And they don't go down. And they come in all size and shapes.
Speaker 1: You can buy the extra large ones at three hundred and thirty ton fat bird.
Speaker 3: Oh boy, you know what England, Come on, there comes Fatburg. Yeah, Fatburg and the Okay, I hope.
Speaker 2: These little guys find a church so they can declare sanctuary or something.
Speaker 3: The fat birds.
Speaker 5: No, I'm moving on to the next story.
Speaker 2: The little guys I'm talking about are the forty three monkeys who escape from a research facility in South Carolina.
Speaker 5: They're reeseusque macaque monkeys. What did you say, Yeah.
Speaker 3: There were a caque. Yeah, I think those little ones. Remember the Night of the day at night at the museum. Yeah, I think that.
Speaker 5: Was a yeah, like from outreak in France.
Speaker 4: Those in a prank call to someone, all right, okay, anyway, it calls for ip freely.
Speaker 2: Anyway, the monkeys got out, they're young, they're female. People are being warned not to let them into the house, keep their doors locked, and they're they're basically hunting them down. I think they should get sanctuary since they were able to escape from this research facility.
Speaker 3: And the name one Caesar.
Speaker 5: Yes, oh yeah, oh think of that.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's happening. Thanks Trump. Now we're going to be the planet of the apes, all right. The average rate on a thirty year mortgage in the US rises to six point seven to nine percent. That is up from six point seven two percent, still down from a year ago when the rate average was seven point five percent.
Speaker 1: Anything to complain, Yeah, it's still you know, north of six percent still seems very high, at least in our mind. And it used to be where six percent was right in line. But we're still used to three percent money, that's the problem.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but that was an exceptional low, yeah for twenty years.
Speaker 3: No, it wasn't twenty years. It was a long, long time. It was. Oh yeah, it was forever. It was.
Speaker 1: I think it was after the Great Recession, and that was what two thousand and eight, So it's, you know, good, fifteen years, eighteen years, something like that.
Speaker 3: Do I have that right? Do I have the numbers?
Speaker 1: Right? I don't know. I don't do math. All right, Amy, let's do one last story.
Speaker 2: Well, they haven't talked, but Putin has a message for Trump. He didn't speak directly to the president elect, but did speak publicly about Trump's election, congratulating him on his election victory, and then also praising his courage during the July assassination attempt, Putin said his behavior at the moment of an attempt on his life left an impression on me. He turned out to be a brave man. Trump also said or Putin also said, what Trump said about restoring relations with Russia and helping to end the Ukrainian crisis, in his opinion, deserves attention at least.
Speaker 1: Oh, there'll be plenty of attention, and I think it will. I think it's going to happen. Our relations with Russia are going to now turn around and go up. The war in Ukraine. We're not going to be so pro Ukraine. It's going to be a different world. I told you we're on a roller coaster ride. Things are going to be very different for the next four year.
Speaker 3: How about it? Pardon?
Speaker 5: How can how can Trump stop it on day one?
Speaker 3: As he is probably well, I can't.
Speaker 1: What he can do is tell Ukraine we're done sip shipping you one more bullet.
Speaker 3: Done finished. You don't sit down and cut a deal right now.
Speaker 1: And that means a deal means that there's going to be some land that's going to be given to Russia. There's going to be a new part of Russia, annexing part of the Donbass.
Speaker 3: And it's going to have the most beautiful Trump Tower built on it.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 3: Yeah, although it's kind of interesting. Yeah, that's how That's how it ends. Uh, it's he is.
Speaker 1: A president has a lot of power in foreign relations. The president is almost untouchable. All Right, We're done, guys. KF I Am six forty live everywhere on the iHeartRadio app.
Speaker 3: You've been listening to the Bill Handle Show.
Speaker 1: Catch my show Monday through Friday six am to nine am, and anytime on demand on the iHeartRadio app.