Speaker 1: You're listening to Big for Society, and I'm Jeremiah Byron. Tonight's story isn't from a hunter or a hiker. It's from Erin, a listener originally from Eugene, Oregon, who just wanted a quiet weekend in the woods. But what they got was anything but quiet, and three nights of silence that felt too still, an eight hundred pound owl that didn't exist in lights that danced in the sky, and footsteps quiet but heavy, circling their tent in the middle of the night. Whatever was out there, it wasn't elk, and it wasn't alone. This is the story of Erin and the thing that walked beside the tent. All right, Big for Society. I have got the privilege of talking to Erin today. Erin is an individual who's a listener of the show from the Pacific Northwest. Reached out regarding some things that they would want to share today, and it's pleasure to have Aaron on the show. Erin, how are you doing today?
Speaker 2: I'm doing great and I'm happy to be here talking with you.
Speaker 1: Absolutely I know a little bit about what you're going to share, because you did share some before during your sign up and this area is a very interesting area. We've had a few people share regarding this area, so you know, I want to make sure you have the time to share everything that you need to today, Aaron. So I'm going to go ahead and pass things over to you and feel free to take us back to when this happened to you.
Speaker 2: Okay, great, Well, I'm going to talk about my personal experience I had. This was in twenty twenty, and it was you know, early COVID years, and my wife and I lived in Eugene, Oregon, and we had used that time of isolation to go out to the woods and you know, learned how to forage and camp, doing a lot of camping and just taking a lot of hikes. And so it's a really good time for us in a way because we were out in the woods a lot. But we missed our friends up north. So we decided to book this camping spot up in I would say Granted Falls Arlington area, and we were going to go visit my sister and another good friend of mine said, been a long time since we saw anyone. So that was later in the summer of two thousand and twenty, and we had been camping a lot, and so I was excited to go. But something weird happened before we left. I got this, like I don't know how to would even say. It was kind of like a message or a kind of a psychic message that I could have some kind of encounter. And I said to whatever was talking to me, I said, I don't really want an encounter. Just leave us alone, you know. And I am kind of a sensitive so you know, I've had a lot of you could say, paranormal or kind of strange experiences in my life, but I'm not a chaser of them, at least not anymore. I did in my past, and I just kind of want to be left alone now. But I did. I was very much aware of Sasquatch and you know, growing up in Seattle area, and you know, I just kind of knew that it was around, or I hoped it was around, let's put it that way. Anyway. So we hooked it up to Washington State and from Eugene, and the first day we arrived at this camp site, it was kind of like back behind it was like a good I don't know, a quarter mile behind this house and it was off, you know. We booked it off one of these camp sites you can you can rent, and it was kind of back in this kind of old second growth forest area, and we pulled up this driveway and it was like a little packed, packed gravel driveway. We pulled up in our truck and kind of looked around, set up our tents in the driveway like in front of the truck, and then there was a small campground where we could like cook and stuff and had a couple of logs we could sit on, so it wasn't big. We did. We put our tents up in the driveway. Behind that was the truck, and you could there was not a lot of room to walk, you know, up and down the driveway. You had to really get in the bushes to get in your tent, so that's kind of it was kind of important. And then there was like just to kind of like tell people there's this little camp site. And then off to the left there was this beaver pond down below, and off to the right where this kind of hills that went up into the cascades. Right it just kind of got bigger and bigger, and then to the north there was this ridge. It was pretty high up I would say about two hundred three hundred feet high, and you know, so it was kind of surrounded by you know, hills in this ridge then down below this beaver pond. So you're like, we're all cool, you know, we made some dinner, we got through in the afternoon, We're starting to get dinner together. But I just noticed like it was quiet. It was super quiet. And we had been camping a lot in in Oregon, and I thought, well, maybe, you know, maybe it's just kind of weird in Washington. You know, I haven't done a lot of camping up here, so maybe there's just not a lot of bug noises or birds or whatever. You could hear a pin drop, and the air was just so still. It was just like heavy, and I was kind of freaked out about that. And around the camp around the campsite is about a four foot hedge of salal bushes, you know, and I just gosh, I was like, you know, just kept kind of shining my my flashlight around, just make sure there was no eye shine, nothing watching us. I just kind of felt weird. That night, it got real dark, dinner was over, and the moon was rising, was a full moon. Still no sounds, no night sounds, nothing, and we were just sitting and talking, and all of a sudden, we hear this howl out in the hills behind the camp campsite, and it was one of those Ohio howl sounds, you know what I mean, Like started real low and it got kind of higher and it was long. And I looked at my wife and I said, I think we're not alone, and she kind of looked at me. And then we heard another one and I said, I know what that sound is. I think there's a sasquatch around here. And she was like, what it was probably I'm going to say about a mile away, but it was real loud, and I mean, nothing has lungs like that. A wolf doesn't have lungs like that. And I could tell like there was something out there. So I was like, okay, cool, you know that's cool. They're here. You know. I just said, hey, you know, we respect you. We're not going to do nothing. Just leave us alone, you know. And so we were sitting there and just kind of talking about that for a minute, and then we see up in the ridge. She kind of points up at the ridge and there are these lights up there, and you know, they're pretty far up there, but the lights were off off the ground a bit and they were like white or blank lights and they were moving around and I was like, well, that's got to be a plane, right, like we're looking at really high maybe the optics or something or kind of a optical illusion or something like that. But the lights were moving kind of back and forth, kind of zigzaging, and I was like, plane doesn't do that, doesn't zigzag like that. And yeah, we were just watching them for I don't know, good about twenty minutes. And I had seen UFOs before down in the desert dig down in New Mexico and Arizona, so I was like, well, we have more company. So we just kind of kind of watched the light show and the moon came up. We watched the moon for a while and I was like, okay, it's time to go to bed. You know, everything's cool. So still the whole night and no sounds, no night sounds, no bugs, nothing. So the next day it was kind of a normal day. We went out, we did some stuff, saw some friends, came back, and it was just normal, like you hear the crickets or whatever they are out there, birds flapping around. We saw a heron fly by, the beaver was in a great mood. He was jumping in, in and out of that pond. You know. We ate some dinner, We saw the moon rise, and we saw the light show again up on that ridge, and you know, we're backaways, we're in the foothills, and I don't think that was someone running around with a flashlight. There was no house up there or anything, and it was it was flying above the surface of the ridge. So we just you know, I just figured it was some UFOs or something, you know. So we watched that for a while and went to bed, and it was just kind of a normal night. We have a couple of dogs with us too, and one is you know, kind of special needs, and I have my little little dog. So we had two tents. They were set up right next to each other, and the one dog needs a little special medication anxiety issues. So we just thought we'd have two tents, you know, and my wife's snores and I didn't want to be around. So anyway, we had two tents and you know, that night went by without incident, but the third night something happened. We had we got back, we were out in Index and we were out by the river and got a lot of sun, and we came back and you know, we're kind of tired, but we wanted to walk around the area a bit, the area around our camp ground, and there were a couple of trails that one was real dark, and I had a lot of like old trees that had fallen down back there, and there was like it was real dark with trees, but there were some old trees that had fallen and it just kind of gave me the creeps. And I said to her, you know, I just don't want to be back here. It feels real squatchy to me. And I'm like, I don't I don't know. You know, she's been listening to me about sasquatch for years and people think I'm nuts, but I just know they're out there, you know, and I kind of have this I kind of have a love for them because you know, they're kind of like the they're kind of like free beings, you know, and I just I like the idea of these beings running around free, and you know, certainly we're not free, So I like the idea of a wild kind of humanoid creature running around. You know. It just makes me feel like kind of expand of thinking about it. So, you know, I've always talked about it, but I don't really I'm not a big advocate of chasing them. I think just leaving them alone, you know, and you know, if you come across one, it's kind of like a gift. But I didn't want to come across one out there because it just felt real creepy. So and when I first got that message before we left, I felt like it just felt weird, Like I just I didn't want to have an encounter, you know, I just didn't. So anyway, the third night we came back, we went down that creepy trail, we walked around the property a bit, and we were walking back to the campsite and my dog, I have a little shit too. He was all of a sudden stopped in the middle of the trail and was like stunned. He was just he wouldn't move. He was like kind of in a little fugue or something. And I kept trying to like say, hey, you know, come on, dude, let's go back to the site. It's not too far. But he wouldn't. He couldn't move. So I picked him up and I said, gosh, there's something wrong with him. And my wife was like, oh, he's probably just really tired. But I had never seen him like this. You know, we had taken him out to the woods a lot, so maybe he was tired. I don't know. But we got back up to the site and I put him in my tent with a little bit of food and some water, and he just was He just kind of like tipped over and laid down. And I was kind of worried. Should I bring him to the vet? And she was like, no, he's just okay. You know, I'd never seen him like that. So anyway, we got to making dinner and stuff, and I started feeling real nervous. I just started feeling like my anxiety was like real visceral in my body, and the sun was going down and I just it was quiet again, and I was kind of so nervous that I didn't even want to eat, you know, I just I didn't say anything to my wife, didn't want to scare or anything, but I just felt like there was something around and I would do the flashlight thing and the bushes and around the back and I didn't see anything, but again, so quiet, and she was like, you know, we heard the beavers jump in the lake and that was the only sound you heard, and we didn't see any lights, and she was like, you know, I need to I'm just exhausted. I'm going to go to bed into her tent. My whole body was just vibrating, and so I went into my tent and I was like, well, I had some old This is how old I am. I had a CD player with like headphones, and I brought the CD to play just in case I needed to have some music to go to sleep, and I put those on and I was just trying to calm myself because I just felt so uneasy. And anyway, I must have fallen asleep, but I don't know. It must have been maybe a maybe an hour or two later, or maybe I woke up to three sounds that seemed like there may be maybe about maybe one hundred yards away. I'm not very good at my distance, but and you know, I thought I was original in saying this, but I've heard it since on people's encounters. It sounded like an eight hundred pound owl. And I was like, there were three exact same sounds and they cut through the night like butter. It was whatever made those sounds had lungs that I just can't even imagine like whale's lungs or something, and it sounded like they were trying to be an owl, but that wasn't no owl, okay. And I was just like I just kind of shot up, and I was like, what the check was that? And I just didn't know what to make of it. It just woke me up, and I just something was out there, not too far away. But for some reason, I just put the headphones back on and just tried to like go back to sleep, you know, I just I just don't think about it, go back to sleep. Well, it must have been I don't know. Another hour or two later, I shot up and my body, my whole body was in full on, full metal jacket terror. Okay. I was like my heart was racing. I thought I was gonna throw up. I was in absolute a state of terror. And I was in that state before it even woke up. It's hard to explain that, but I wasn't even quite awake to know why my body was shaking so hard, and I was like trying to get control, you know, myself, you know, And then I hear a footstep and it's right outside my tent, and it was like really quiet. It was a quiet footstep, and then like I thought, well, this can't be a bear because we kind of we did the you know, the thing you shouldn't do. We left our dishes unwashed after dinner, and I thought, of it was a bear. We hit it rooting around out there, trying to get some food or whatever. But this thing was right outside my tent, and whatever it was was huge because I heard the second step and it was trying to be real quiet, but it was like crushing the crush gravel, you know, the crush gravel, like how they crush it so it's almost solid, but I could hear the sound kind of crushing, and I was just I was like out of control, was terrified, and I was like stop breathing, but at the same time, I was worried, like I was going to throw up. I mean, I was so scary and my heart was beating so fast. I'm sure whatever was out there heard it. So I was trying to like breathe real quiet and not make any more sounds. And then I heard another step and it was just kind of like going to the right of my tent, and I just knew whatever this was freaking huge. Because the crunch took a long time to crunch, you know what I mean of the footstep. So at that point I was like, Okay, I'm gonna I'm gonna throw up here because my body was just shaking. And I grabbed my backpack and was like rooting for some pepto bismo or something, and I heard it one more step, and then the next thing I know, I'm serious. The next thing I know, I woke up the next morning. I don't remember passing out. I'm not a person who's ever passed out in my life. I woke up the next morning and I don't even know like how that happened. So I went out of my tent and I didn't say anything at first, but I tried to kind of stomp around outside of my tent to see if I could make that sound. And I couldn't make that sound with my boots. So whatever was out there was walking on two legs must have been pretty freaking huge to make that sound because of the pack gravel. So I told my wife, I said, I had an experience last night, but let's just start packing. Let's go, And so we got all our stuff in the car and we took off and then I kind of told her what happened, and so that was kind of like that. And you know, I remember that day so well because as we were driving back to Eugene, it was the day of the big fire down there, of the Holiday farm fire. I could see the smoke in the distance, and I went from like it was kind of a terrifying experience I had that night into a very terrifying experience in Eugene and in that area down there. So I didn't really process it for a while because we went into like two weeks of danger, you know, from that fire that was happening, and so that was kind of it. But I will say about two years ago, so what was that In twenty three, I was talking to a buddy of mine up in Washington and we had since moved up here to Washington State, and I was talking to him and he asked me, do you know about Bigfoot? And I was like, oh, yeah, you know, he says, I listened to the Bigfoot podcast and I was like, yeah, I do too. You know, they said if you ever had an experience, and said, well, I actually actually I kind of think I did. You know, I can't one hundred percent say, I did, but I told him about it. I told him the area and he said he kind of looked white, and he said, you know, my buddy is a hunting is a hunter and he goes up in that area and he's run across a family twice up there, and he won't tell me where because he doesn't want he wants everyone to leave him alone. But he's run across a family, like, you know, person to person up there. So I was like, well, that makes a lot of sense then, because I can't I can't figure else what else would be that big that came off the hills because they couldn't walk up the driveway, and so I think that I think it was this asquatch. I do, especially if you kind of put everything together, the noises, you know, the silence, and that just feeling of being watch and stuff. So that was my first experience. I'll stop there for a sec. If you have any questions.
Speaker 1: Yeah, absolutely, Aaron, that was man. I can't imagine going going through that. Who. I don't know how you did it. I I definitely have have some questions for you. M did your wife experience anything that night at all?
Speaker 2: No, because she was she just passed out, she was tired. The dog. Her dog was also on anti anxiety medication, so that dog was asleep. My dog was asleep. My dog was like down for the count, you know. So it was just me.
Speaker 1: Gotcha, And it sounds like you left extremely quick the next morning. But any any footprints at all or maybe markings on the truck windows that you noticed at a later time.
Speaker 2: Gosh, I didn't even look. There's no footprints because it was so it was that pat gravel, you know, there were no footprints that I could see either.
Speaker 1: What CD were you listening to when you were trying to go to bed.
Speaker 2: It was probably like a flute, like a like a Japanese flute.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's cool. It's pretty relaxing, right.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I was trying to relax. I just felt there, I really did.
Speaker 1: What did you have for dinner that night? Of I guess the third night.
Speaker 2: We had a couple of steaks, gotcha?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Were all three nights kind of meat based, like the steak meal?
Speaker 2: Yeah, we're big meat eaters.
Speaker 1: That's cool. That's cool. Yeah, So you were definitely making some delicious smelling smells for a creature or the bigfoot who is totally into eating meat, and I know there's going to be so many comments after that's there no big eats planned. You get it, guys. There's a weird thing though. It seems like in most encounters they're drawn in. There's like a the campers will be cooking bacon. I've noticed that patterns very weird. But yes, steak, steak is there? You go that would do it? You mentioned coming across one is a gift? What can you explain why you have that that thought process of of why you think coming across one is as is a gift?
Speaker 2: Well, for me it would be, but you know, thinking that and then having that experience, and I can't say one hundred percent it was, but I'm thinking it's about ninety nine ninety eight percent. But I'm kind of of the you know mind that these are kind of extra special beings. And you know, in the First Nations people say that Sasquatch has real strong medicine, and if you have an experience of that, it's you know, they have very strong medicine of truth, you know, And I just think that's pretty cool. I have a lot of respect for them, and I never want to make them. I would never want to be intrusive to these beings because I do believe that they need to be left alone. And I just think that it would be a very powerful spiritual experience. And I will say too, as I mentioned, I am a sensitive for better or for worse, mostly for worse. But I'd never come across anything with that kind of energy in my life. And I used to do work with How would I even want to I don't want to even get to wu Wu because I don't want people to think that I'm like totally into the mu Wu. But I used to do some medicine work and would do some spirit work and back back in the day, and I came across a lot of stuff for good or for bad, and I came across when this energy was right next to me. I felt like it was almost like a reverse energy of anything I've ever experienced, like a reverse energy of human It was like a wild energy. And that may sound crazy, but I've never come across anything that felt like this. And I'm a big feeler and I can, you know, feel places, I can feel beings, I can feel things. I've never felt anything like this before.
Speaker 1: See. I think that's incredible and just and it's really cool, because yeah, I believe there are some individuals that have the ability to sense energy and different cultures and religions, and there's so many different ways to say what that is, right, but I think that that is an actual thing in people. And also I just need to get on a soapbox for a little bit. I swear if I if there's one thing I get accomplished in the next twenty to twenty five years, is that I wipe the phrase woo woo or woo out of the community seriously. Like so, because the way that I do it is I think it's just, you know, we need to take everything that is happening to people and consider it right and not just you know, totally just kick it to the side, like, oh it's too crazy or it's too freaky. No, there's stuff we don't understand, and science doesn't understand it either, and hopefully we will eventually, but man, it's just it gets to me, you know, it's like just people are experiencing some weird stuff and we have got to give it credence, you know what I mean.
Speaker 2: But uh, yeah, yeah, I respect I respect that because I mean I can't hope that I have these have had these experiences in life and just a lot of like stuff we won't get into. But some of them I didn't necessarily like at all, I'll tell you that. But I do believe that we've lost as humans or whatever we are. You know, I have my own theory about that, but I think we've lost a lot of our instincts, a lot of our kind of instinctual body. We've lost our connection with nature to a very large degree, to a devastating degree. And that these beings, whatever they are, if they are the original beings here and we're kind of more of a mix or vice versa, I think they do have more gifts. And you know, I think they do have more senses that we have somehow, maybe due to our what do you call that conditioning or whatever we've shut down over the century. Whatever.
Speaker 1: Now, after you had this three night experience, did you find that did anything out of the ordinary start happening afterwards, like when you got home, or did your senses become affected in any way that you realized or anything with that?
Speaker 2: You know, we went right into that big fire situation now and ash like half of Oregon was on fire. So, like I said, I didn't have a lot of chance to really process that, but I did write it down and I didn't really get back to it for a little bit.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I've mentioned a few things a few times on the show, but I'll mention it again just in case anyone has experienced. But I think that sometimes I think based on you know, what people tell me, is I think that sometimes when an individual is in an encounter like this, or maybe in an area where there are sasquatch, it almost maybe unlocks something in the person. I don't know. I'm still kind of working through it, but it is another pattern that I've found that has kind of come up in multiple, multiple encounters over the years. It's very very strange, so something I'm still working through. After this. When you're you know, you're to the point, you're past the fires, you're processing everything through, you're like, what happened? What happened? Did you ever at any point be like, Oh, I wonder if this exact area has also had other things happen and it maybe I'll look on you know, BFRORO or the big Foot Mapping Project to see if other things have happened there.
Speaker 2: I think there have been some on bf ROW. I think there's some things up in you know, Grant Falls area. I think it's pretty active up there. Well, you know, BFROL doesn't seem like it's updated a lot. I actually contacted the owners of the land and said, hey, I think I had experienced there. He was like, oh, it's just some elk or something. I said, you know, yeah, elk walk feet and you know, ones on top of each other maybe you know, like but it was on two feet. And he was like, well, it's just some elk, you know. So he didn't want to get into it. Yeah, so I had it. You know. I grew up up there. We had a cabin up in the near Machias area, a little bit further than Machias in Granted you know, between matchaias Granted Falls area, and so we had a lot of land that I would walk around when I was a kid, and I always felt like there's something up there, but I didn't know, you know, and that was a long time ago. You know, I'm in my fifties now, but yeah, I just you know, I kind of grew up knowing there was something out there.
Speaker 1: The other thing I wanted to ask you before we continued was when you lived down in Eugene. Did you ever hear of any Bigfoot related things happening down there?
Speaker 2: Well, we had some. We had a couple of weird experiences. I can kind of go through those pretty quick, you know. One of the areas you talk about a lot of a Salmon creek and out of the Yeah, so this was during that same year probably, or maybe it was the year after. I don't know, but I got a message, one of those messages quote unquote to go to Salmon Creek, and I was like, I don't even know where that is. So I had to look it up and we found that it was out near Oakridge. Okay, cool. So we went out there. And whenever I get a message, I used to do it, you know, because usually the messages have always turned out really good for me in life. So we went out there and we were walking down the trails and stuff, and there was this one area where it's just super creepy. I felt like super creeped out, and there was a smell. It was really really strong and it smelled kind of like a horse but maybe some manure, but there was no horses around there. Like we were back on the river, on the creek or whatever, and I just kind of like brushed it off, and then we came back on that same trail and I kind of smelled it again, and I was like, well, maybe it's a dead animal or something. But I just couldn't get out of there fast enough, if that makes any sense. So I don't know if it was in the exact area that we walked by the first time, but I did feel a little bit uneasy on that particular visit to Salmon Creek. And then the other experience we had in Oregon that was significant was we were out near Mary's Peak area near the in the Coastal Range, and we were camping nearby, and we decided to go to Mary's Peak, which is kind of like a little mountain, and I was doing some foraging and I was working on getting some Devil's Club and my wife took the dog, her dog up further the explore the trail up above where I was working on the Devil's Club, and she got off the creek, she got up there aways, and next thing I know, she was coming down the trail kind of white face, and her dog was like running down and I said, what's going on, and she's like, I don't know. But we hit something up there and we were told not to come up any further, like we were not to go any further. The dog wouldn't move, and I just got kind of hit and I said said, okay, let's get out of here. And so you know, I had just finished with my little forage and we got back into the truck and she was like, I feel sick. I feel like I have a headache, and I feel really out of it. And I said, what exactly happened. She's like, I don't know. We just couldn't go any farther, Like the dog stopped and like I was told we do not go any further. And so I said, okay, let's get out of here. So we moved back to the campsite. And I said, I wonder if you got hit with some I mean just a theory, but that some of that infrasound, because it sounds like something was telling you not to proceed. And she had a headache and she was kind of nauseous that whole day. So I did look up Mary's Peak on THEFO and yes, there have been experiences up there, so I think she had her experience. It kind of it was kind of a humbling experience for her there.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm absolutely not surprising, especially I mean I've heard multiple interviews brought up the Salmon Creek area of Oakridge. There's even stuff documented back to the seventies, I think in John Green's file. But thank you for sharing that that. I think that that was something that you hadn't even planned on bringing up.
Speaker 2: Correct the Mary's Peak experience. Yeah, yeah, I forgot about that. That was weird. That was really weird. So we don't know what that was. But she was told not to proceed and she got the message and she was like, white is a ghost coming down that hill on that trail. So we go out in the woods a lot and have not had any weird experiences up here. We live in north of Seattle near Skeadget County, and we go out in the you know, the foothills a lot out there, and I, yeah, I'm learning that's actually not really safe to go out there. There's a lot of there's a lot of weird instances with humans out there. So we don't go out as much as we used to, but we do go out, you know, up in Watam County and stuff. So I haven't had experience like that since. But I have a friend who had an experience down in Montesano up experience, and I can tell you about that too. Point that's pretty amazing.
Speaker 1: Yeah, absolutely, you said, was that Monte Sano? Is that Washington?
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's in Washington, south southwest Washington, kind of a little bit south of the peninsula. You know, there's a lot of logging out there. And so this is the last story I have. Actually, my niece this is another just a little side thing. I can't tell her story, but my niece grew up visiting her grandparents in the woods and she would get visited as a child by the monkey Man, like several times. Yeah, so she has her own I will say, I believe her, and I just know these things are true. I know that they're out there. So because I have another friend who had an experience down in Georgia that was like just absolutely terrifying story. But I can't tell her story either, but hm, she saw him ride up close right outside her house, like kind of creeping around her house and stuff. So but this this friend of mine down in Montaceo, Okay, so he owns this. Well, he's not with us anymore, but he owned this Patcher land. He had a house on it, and he was a prayer man, a Lakota prayer man. And he had a ceremony on his land. And there's a whole bunch of people that came, some from South Dakota and some people from Washington came. And it was a four day ceremony. And I was I was there on his land as one of the cooks. I was cooking for the people, and I was cooking in this little barn that he had. So I know his I know his property, and I know what he's talking about when he told told his story, and he told his story to my closest friend at that time. She's no longer with us either. But this guy would not tell he was he was a man of few words, let's put it that way. He was very he didn't talk much, and he was kind of a serious man. He was a prayer man, and he was very devoted to his spirituality. So anyway, and this barn, this little white shed or whatever that we cooked in was I don't know. Let me sink, you're one hundred feet from his house, I don't know. Something like that. So he had an experience after the ceremonies were done, and we all had experiences at that ceremony. But after that was done and over, maybe I don't know, within that year he was one. He went one day, was at his breakfast table, having his coffee. He looked out to it that for that shed, and there was a ten foot sasquatch just looking right at him, just looking straight through that window at him, and they looked at each other for a while, and my friend he just kind of nodded to him, and the sasquatch kind of pushed off from the shed and just slowly walked up this hill that's in the backyard of his property. And so he saw it right up front. And he's not much for a reaction, but he did tell that story, and if you told it, it's true. And he would also put people up on that hill in Humble a ceremony, which is the Vision Quest ceremony. And I have a friend who he put up on the hill for that four day ceremony up there, and she said that when she was in that ceremony up there by herself, she could hear the sasquatch sing, she called it, and she was just praying, please don't come and please don't come and visit me. But she said they were all around during her ceremony, So uh yeah, that was the that's the secondhand story. But I know these people. I knew these people, and they were the people I trust very deeply.
Speaker 1: So we had a little bit of a blip when you had shared what she called the sasquatch singing. Could you repeat that whatever she called it? Please?
Speaker 2: Oh, she just instead of saying that she heard them, you know, howling, this woman said that she heard them singing and she knew what they were, and she just prayed, please please don't come and see me, like I just you know, she was up there in the dark for four nights, right, so she didn't want to be terrified, you know. But they're up Yeah, they're out there.
Speaker 1: Oh, I mean absolutely. I'm looking on a map at that area, and it's not too far from Lake Capital State Forest, which is known for a lot of activity. And also you know, you've even got shahalis around around the corner, although looks can be deceiving on maps. Let's see. Okay, it's about an hour away, so not too bad. Wow, man, thank you for for sharing that that secondhand account as well. No, doubt that Washington, the state of Washington has activity all over the place. And this is just you know, some other just some more pieces of evidence that you can add to to the long list of things happening in that state. Would you ever want to have a visual citing yourself if you were able to have that, or is what happened that night enough for you?
Speaker 2: I wouldn't mind it, because I'm always up for an experience, whether it's like good or bad. But I felt a little vulnerable for some I felt vulnerable for some reason, Like if I was out hiking and happened to see a sasquatch or I would I would love to see it for the experience, but I would definitely hide til it out because I do want to be very respectful, you know, and it'd probably be scary. But I'm up for the experience, but I'm not going to seek that experience, if that makes any sense.
Speaker 1: Absolutely. So what I take from that is you're not the kind of person that's like, Okay, I'm gonna take a weekend off, go to a hot zone and start banging on trees. No, that's not going to be you, right, I don't know.
Speaker 2: That just doesn't seem right to me, gotcha, Yeah, someone, I'm not judging people. I just you know, I kind of want to be left alone. So I don't want someone like stalking me, you know, so I wouldn't want to do that. I just I really like the idea of them being free and being left alone. You know.
Speaker 1: It's it's interesting, you know, I've found it. And I don't go out all the time, but I have found that if you just go out and you hang out and you just chill out there, that's a lot of times when when the stuff can happen when you just kind of chill out and let whatever happens happens. So it's kind of interesting.
Speaker 2: H I got one more experience I had just to add to your and I forgot about this, but could I share really quick?
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, absolutely, go ahead.
Speaker 2: So we were out we went out past that Oak Oakridge area. Forgot for a minute, but we went out past the Oak Ridge area a bit, and I was looking for this waterfall off the highway, and I thought we had found it. But we parked and I saw this little trail and I said to my wife, you know, I'm just going to go up this trail and see if I can see if I can hear anything. So I think I'm hearing something and maybe if I hear it, I can you know, I'll call you and you can come up. We can find this waterfall. Well, I was going up this trail. It was a little bit icy, and I was out there probably about a quarter mile, and I heard the whistle on one side of the trail and I thought, oh, you know, it must be a bird to sound like a human whistle. Then I heard a whistle on the other side of the trail, and I was like okay, and I kept on walking, and then I heard another, like a real kind of low whistle, and then I heard it on the other side of the trail again, and I said, okay, y'all, I'm leaving now I hear you and I don't want to be in your space. I'm leaving. And just then I hear my wife say calling my name really really loud, and said come back, come back, And so I just kept saying, okay, I'm leaving, please just let me be. I'm going to let you be. I'm leaving because I've heard about these whistles, right, and that they were like walking with me and whistling on both sides. That kind of freaked me out, and so I got back to the car and she was like something, I just knew I had to call you back. I knew something wasn't right, and I said, yeah, yeah, someone was tracking me out there and whistling both sides of the trail and I just couldn't get out of there fast enough and so we just kind of sped off, and I kind of forgot about that experience too, But yeah, that was out there in that area.
Speaker 1: Oh, that's that's some crapy stuff. Was that? Uh was that Salt Creek Falls?
Speaker 2: I think that might have been. I can't can't, I can't be sure, but that sounds kind of familiar.
Speaker 1: That's weird stuff.
Speaker 2: So yeah, I was trying to find it and I couldn't find it, but I went up this trail and I started having those whistles on both sides. Yeah, so it was Salt Creek. Yeah. Were there experiences up there too?
Speaker 1: I have heard a few things from that area. Yeah yeah, yeah, so really, really, you could you could say that about any anything in the any area in the willlame At National Forest. Is what I'm finding out, And I mean the whole Pacific Northwest, but I've pretty much only gone to that area so far. Just some really interesting things you've shared tonight, and UH, I just want to thank you for for coming on to share those. Uh. It's it's cool to hear more things from the Granite Falls area of Washington, uh and in other places as well. And just want to say, uh, thank you for for coming on Aaron to to to share what you experienced over the years.
Speaker 2: Thank you, Jeremiah, keep doing your great work. I enjoy every episode.
Speaker 1: I appreciate that. And if you know, if anything else ever happens, feel free to you know, you've got my contact info and you know, always feel free to uh to send my info uh to anyone you might know that it needs a place to talk as well. But thank you so much, thank you, have a great night, you two, Okay, goodbye. Just wanted to take a minute to say thank you truly for listening to this episode of the Big for Society podcast. Aaron's story is one that lingers, not just because of the gravel crunching footsteps or the white orbs dancing above the ridge, but because of the deep feeling that was carried that they weren't alone, So huge thanks to Erin for opening up and sharing such a powerful and vulnerable experience with us. This one stuck with you. Please consider subscribing to us on YouTube, hitting the bell icon, and sharing this episode with a friend who's in the Sasquatch a good campfire mystery, or just weird things in the woods. And hey, if you've had an encounter of your own, especially in the Pacific Northwest, please shoot me an email at big for Society at gmail dot com. I'd love to hear your story and also mark your calendar. O Sasquatch Summer Fest is coming up July eleventh through the twelfth in Oakridge, Oregon. Bigfoot Society listeners can grab a two day pass for the price of a one day admission using code BFS at checkout. Tickets are over at www dot Sasquatch Summerfest dot com, so don't miss it. Thanks again for being part of the Bigfoot Society. Until next time, keep your eyes open, trust your instincts, and remember some gifts come quietly in the middle of the night.