Speaker 1: Welcome to the deep dive, where we take your source material and uncover the most fascinating insights. So when you hear the word server, what's the first image that pops into your head.
Speaker 2: Yeah, probably you know, a big humming box in a data center somewhere, lots of blinking lights, tons of hardware, that kind of thing.
Speaker 1: Exactly that classic image. But what if we told you that the real core of what makes a server well, a server isn't really the box itself. It's actually all about the software.
Speaker 2: Running on it. It's a really fundamental shift in thinking, isn't it, And it really underpins almost everything we do in modern IT these days. Today we're going to dive deep into Windows Server twenty sixteen. Well, look at its core technologies, how it delivers robus services, make sure things stay up and running, high availability, and how it really embraces modern computing precisely.
Speaker 1: So, whether you're maybe mapping out your next IT project or prepping for a meeting, or maybe you're just curious about what makes the digital world tick, we're here to give you that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, gets you those aha moments, you know, without drowning you in technical jargon.
Speaker 1: Exactly, So over the next few minutes, we'll unpack how even simple hardware can become a powerhouse. We'll get into some really clever storage tricks.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, storage spaces indeed, depth good stuff there.
Speaker 1: Peek into virtualization and containers, and uncover some secrets to keeping everything online pretty much all the time.
Speaker 2: Sounds like a plan.
Speaker 1: Okay, So let's tackle that server image head on. You said it's less about the box, more the software the mindset. Can you break that down a bit, because it really does.
Speaker 2: Change things absolutely. That old idea of a server just being beef hardware is well, it's kind of outdated. Now. A computer becomes a server when you install software on it that's built to provide network services.
Speaker 1: So like rolls and features.
Speaker 2: Exactly roles and features that serve clients. You could theoretically take an inexpensive laptop, install the right software and boom, it's a server for some specific task. And conversely, you could have this absolute beast of a machine loaded with processors in RAM. But if it's just running desktop apps for one person, it's just a powerful workstation, right.
Speaker 1: So the difference isn't just raw horsepower, it's the job it's doing. The specialized functions. What kind of things does Windows Server twenty sixteen do that, say, my Windows ten machine just can't.
Speaker 2: Ah, that's the key distinction. Windows Server is built from the ground up for resilience, for scale, for running twenty four to seven. It has things like built in fault tolerance features like ray.
Speaker 1: Five volumes okay, redundant array of independent disks level five.
Speaker 2: Right, plus sophisticated load balancing, clustering, stuff you just don't find in a standard desktop OS like Windows ten.
Speaker 1: And the hardware support is different too, lassively different.
Speaker 2: Windows Server twenty sixteen can handle I think up to sixty four processors compared to just two for Windows ten pro wow and users. Windows ten might limit you to maybe twenty network connections. Windows Server Standard or data center. It's basically unlimited by the OS itself. You're limited by your licenses and how much the hardware can handle. Is designed for hundreds of thousands of users.
Speaker 1: Okay, that pains a really clear picture. It's built for mission critical stuff. Now let's talk storage. That's always huge, right, bottlenecks, failures. How does Windows Server twenty sixteen handle discs smartly?
Speaker 2: Yes? Storage tech has come a long way. Storage spaces in Windows Server twenty sixteen is a great example. It lets you take a bunch of different physical drives USB, SATA, SaaS, internal, external, even different sizes, and pool them together, cool them. Yeah, create a storage pool, and then you carve out virtual discs from that pool. These virtual discs can be flexible, fault tolerant, and you don't necessarily need those expensive hardware rate controllers anymore.
Speaker 1: That flexibility sounds amazing, especially if you've got mixed hardware lying around and you mentioned something about capacity planning. Thin provisioning that sounds interesting.
Speaker 2: Oh, thin provision is brilliant. I mean you can create a virtual disc and tell the system, okay, this volume can grow up to say t terabytes, right, But the system doesn't actually grab all ten terabytes of physical disk space right away. It only allocates space from the pool as data is actually written to the volume.
Speaker 1: Ah. So you provision big, but you only pay for or use the physical space you need. Now that must be huge for managing costs and scaling.
Speaker 2: It absolutely is huge for optimizing resources, deferring hardware purchases, and for resilience within storage spaces. You've got good options. Mirror space is like grade one.
Speaker 1: Okay, data is duplicated, right.
Speaker 2: A two way mirror writes data to two discs, so it can survive one disc failing needs at least two physical discs for more protection. A three way mirror writs to three.
Speaker 1: Discs, needs five discs total for that though.
Speaker 2: It needs five physical discs. Yeah, but it can survive two disc failures. Mirroring is generally recommended for pretty much any storage that needs resilience in good.
Speaker 1: Performance okay, so it's top performance, top aliability with mirroring. What if you need to be more space efficient, maybe for backups or archives.
Speaker 2: That's where parity space comes in. It's more like five or RAD six. A single parity space stripes data and parity info across discs. These at least three discs can handle one.
Speaker 1: Failure, and dual parody.
Speaker 2: Dual parody uses two sets of parity info, needs at least seven discs and can survive two failures. It's much more space efficient than mirroring.
Speaker 1: But there's always a butt, but.
Speaker 2: The right performance is generally lower calculating that parity takes some overhead, so parity spaces are usually better for things like archival storage backups. Data that isn't constantly being written to at high speed?
Speaker 1: Got it? Balancing acts between space performance and resilience. Okay, so we've organized the disks, what about actually saving space on them. Data d duplication sounds almost like magic.
Speaker 2: It does seem like magic sometimes. Data d duplication or d DEP is seriously impressive tech. It uses a combination of compression and finding duplicate data.
Speaker 1: Blocks blocks, not just whole five right blocks.
Speaker 2: So imagine you have ten copies of almost the same PowerPoint presentation, maybe just the title slide changed, or lots of virtual machine files that share common OS components. DTA finds those identical blocks.
Speaker 1: Of data and just stores one copy exactly.
Speaker 2: It stores one unique copy of the block and replaces all the other instances with tiny pointers back to that single copy.
Speaker 1: So all that redundant data just kind of evaporates, leaving one real copy. What kind of savings are we talking and any catches?
Speaker 2: The savings can be really dramatic for things like user documents, software install shares, VHD libraries. You often see fifty percent to even ninety percent space savings. It's pretty common.
Speaker 1: Wow.
Speaker 2: But yeah, there are limitations. It doesn't work well or at all on encrypted files or on very small files generally under thirty two KP okay, And you need to keep some free space on the volume for it to work efficiently, usually at least ten percent. Also a key point for twenty sixteen, it wasn't supported on cluster shared volumes csvs for active workloads back then.
Speaker 1: Good caveats to remember. Okay, storage is flexible efficient, But what about the big like a whole server dying or even a whole site going offline. That's where storage replica comes in.
Speaker 2: I assume absolutely. Storage Replica is your lifeline for disaster recovery, for business continuity. It lets you replicate entire volumes between servers or even between entire clusters.
Speaker 1: Replica like keep an exact copy somewhere else precisely.
Speaker 2: And the big choice here is how you replicate synchronous or asynchronous?
Speaker 1: Okay, what's the difference?
Speaker 2: Synchronous replication is this super safe option. When your application writes data, the system waits until that data is successfully written to both the main site and the replica site before it tells the application okay done, ah.
Speaker 1: So zero data loss guaranteed, even if the main site instantly disappears.
Speaker 2: Exactly zero data loss guarantee, But it needs a really fast, low latency network connection between the sites because that wait time adds latencyed every single right operation.
Speaker 1: Right, physics gets in the way. So what's the alternative if your sites are far apart or the network isn't super.
Speaker 2: Fast, that's asynchronous replication. With async the right happens on the source. First, the system tells the app okay done. Then it sends the data over to the replica site.
Speaker 1: So faster for the application, but there's a small window.
Speaker 2: There's a small potential for data loss. If the source fails suddenly before the data makes it to the replica, that last little bit might be lost. But it works great over longer distances, higher latency networks.
Speaker 1: So you trade that tiny risk for geographical flexibility. Makes sense. It's about choosing the right tool for the job based on your recovery needs and network exactly right.
Speaker 2: It gives you critical options.
Speaker 1: Okay, we've got solid storage foundations. Now let's move up a layer into the virtual world hyper V. That's Windows servers built in Hypervisor right the heart of its virtualization.
Speaker 2: Ye, piper V is a server role. You install it basically creates this software layer that mimics hardware, lets you run multiple operating systems. We call them guest os is all running isolator from each other on just one physical machine, the host.
Speaker 1: It's like having a whole rack of servers condensed into one box.
Speaker 2: Pretty much, massive boost in hardware utilization, simplifies management, speeds up deployment. It's fundamental to modern data centers.
Speaker 1: And these virtual machines. They need virtual hard drives vhds. What are the options there?
Speaker 2: Mainly see three types of virtual discs. Fixed sized discs are kind of the old school way. You create one hundred GMBVHD, it immediately takes up one hundred gigabe on your host's storage.
Speaker 1: Even if it's empty inside.
Speaker 2: Even if it's empty, the benefit is slightly better performance sometimes, especially for really disc heavy apps, because the system doesn't have to resize the file on the fly.
Speaker 1: Okay, what's more common.
Speaker 2: Now dynamically expanding discs. These are much more flexible. You still set a maximum size, say one hundred gigaby, but the actual VHD file on the host starts tiny and only grows as you add data inside the.
Speaker 1: Vm AH like thin provisioning for VHDS saves host disk space.
Speaker 2: Exactly great choice for most vms unless you have extreme disc io needs, and then there's a special care pass through discs pass through. Yeah, this isn't actually a virtual disc file. You take a physical disc attached to the host, get it offline in the host OS, and then you attach that entire physical disc directly to a VM. The VM gets raw access.
Speaker 1: Why would you do that?
Speaker 2: Maybe you have data already on that physical disc you want the VM to access directly, or some very specific performance scenario. It bypasses the virtual disc layer.
Speaker 1: Interesting niche case, and the file formats VHD versus VHDX right.
Speaker 2: VHD is the older format, limited to two terabytes per virtual disc. VHDX is the newer format introduced later. It supports much larger discs up to sixty four carabytes, has better performance, and includes features like resilience against corruption if there's a power failure during a rite. Generally you want to use VHDX for new vms.
Speaker 1: Could tip okay, VM's virtual discs. How do they talk to each other and to the outside world Virtual networks YEP.
Speaker 2: Through virtual networks managed by virtual switches. There are three main types of virtual switches you can create in hyper v Okay, an external virtual switch links your VMS to a physical network adapter and I see on the host. This lets the vms talk to the physical network, the Internet, other physical machines, and the host itself. It's the most common.
Speaker 1: Type, makes sense, connects virtual to physical What.
Speaker 2: Else an internal virtual switch. This creates a network that only the vms on that host and the host itself can use. They can all talk to each other, but they cannot reach the physical network beyond the host.
Speaker 1: Ah isolated, but the host is included right.
Speaker 2: And finally, a private virtual switch. This is total isolation. Only the vms connected to that private switch can talk to each other. They can't even talk to the host machine, let alone the physical network.
Speaker 1: Okay, useful for sandboxing or specific tiered applications, maybe.
Speaker 2: Exactly, security boundaries, testing labs, things like that.
Speaker 1: Now within these virtual networks, especially the external ones, are there more advanced controls? How do you manage traffic or security more granularly? Oh?
Speaker 2: Yes, lots of advanced features. Volume IDs. For example, just like on physical switches, you can sign vland tags to virtual network adapters. This lets you segment traffic from different vms onto different logical networks, even if they're all connected to the same external virtual switch.
Speaker 1: So better organization and security without needing tons of physical NICs. Smart. What about MAC address spoofing That sounds bad?
Speaker 2: Huh? Usually, yes, you don't want machines just pretending to be other machines, But hyper v lets you enable MAC scoofing on a VM's virtual NIC for specific reasons like what. Certain types of network clustering inside the vms, like network load balancing NLP, sometimes require the VM to be able to use a shared or virtual MC address, so you enable spoofing just for those specific vms that need it.
Speaker 1: AH unnecessary evil in some cases, Okay. Any other key security features in virtual networking.
Speaker 2: DHDP guard is a big one. You really want this enabled on pretty much all your vms do. It prevents that VM from acting like a DHCP server, you know, the service that hands out IP addresses. A rogue DHGP server may be accidentally started by a user in side of VM, or even maliciously can cause chaos on your network.
Speaker 1: Right handing out bad IP addresses, disrupting everyone exactly.
Speaker 2: So DHP guard blocks the outgoing DXCP server messages from that VM. You only leave it disabled on your actual authorized DHGP server.
Speaker 1: VMS critical security setting them and you can even do NIC teaming inside of VM, like team up virtual NICs.
Speaker 2: You can even if the host server already has physical NICs teamed, you can create another team inside the VM. Using multiple virtual NICs connected to the same switch gives you redundancy or potentially more bandwidth within that specific Virtual machines operating system.
Speaker 1: Wow. Layers upon layers of flexibility and resilience. Speaking of resilience, moving VMS around without downtime live migration that still sounds like magic to me.
Speaker 2: It really is one of the coolest things hypervw does. Live migration lets you move a running virtual machine, operating system, applications, memory state everything from one hyper v host server to another without any interruption to the service or the connected users.
Speaker 1: Seriously, no downtime at all, zero.
Speaker 2: Perceived downtime for the end user. If everything is configured correctly. You can use to drain a host for maintenance balance workloads across hosts. It's incredibly powerful for keeping things running smoothly.
Speaker 1: That's amazing for infrastructure management. And you can move just the storage too. Without moving the whole VM.
Speaker 2: Yep, that's storage migration. You can move the VHD files of running VM from one storage location, say one lun or share, to another without interrupting the VM, and without moving it to a different host server.
Speaker 1: Useful for storage maintenance or moving to faster discs.
Speaker 2: I guess exactly, rebalanced storage upgrade arrays migrate off a hardware all while the VM keeps running.
Speaker 1: Now, what about those little glitches like a temporary network hiccup to the storage. Does the VM just crash? I heard twenty sixteen improve this with VM resiliency.
Speaker 2: It did make a significant improvement there. Before, if a clustered VM briefly lost connection to its storage, it might just fail over, causing a small outage. In Windows Server twenty sixteen, especially with vms stored on cluster shared volumes csvs, things got smarter. Oh, so, if a VM loses access to its storage, instead of immediately crashing or failing over, it might enter a temporary pause critical state. It just waits for how long, potentially up to thirty minutes. If the storage connection comes back within that time, maybe it was just a network leitch, a switch rebooting the VM automatically resumes right where it left off.
Speaker 1: No failover, no reboot, just resumes, just resumes.
Speaker 2: It turns a potential outage into just a temporary pause, often unnoticed by users. It's a huge wind for stability, especially in complex environments where transient storage issues can happen.
Speaker 1: That's incredibly practical. Okay, shifting focus slightly to keeping services highly available, not just individual VMS Network load balancing LB. What's its role?
Speaker 2: NLB is great for scaling out applications that are mostly stateless, meaning they don't need to remember a complot details about each user's session from one request to the next. Think web servers serving stack content or maybe media streaming servers.
Speaker 1: How does it work.
Speaker 2: You set up multiple servers nodes running the same application. LB presents a single virtual IP address to the clients when requests come in, and LB distributes them across the active nodes in the cluster. If one node fails, and I'll be just stop sending traffic to it.
Speaker 1: So more capacity and some basic fault tolerance for those kinds of.
Speaker 2: Apps exactly good for scaling out, but for applications that are stateful or need true automatic failover of the service itself. You need something more robust.
Speaker 1: Which brings us to failover clusters.
Speaker 2: Right. Failover clustering is the heavyweight champion of high availability in the Windows world. You typically have two or more servers nodes connected to some form of shared storage.
Speaker 1: Shared storage is key here.
Speaker 2: Absolutely the application data, the configuration, maybe the VM files. If it's a hyperv cluster, it all is on storage accessible by all nodes. Only one node is active for a given cluster roll at a time. If that active node.
Speaker 1: Fails, another node takes over exactly.
Speaker 2: The cluster service detects the failure, brings the application resources online on a passive node, which then becomes active. Clients connect using a cluster name or IP address which follows the active node, so the transition is often seamless or very brief.
Speaker 1: And the cluster needs a way to agree on who's active and who's failed. Right.
Speaker 2: That's quorum precisely. Quorum is the voting mechanism. Each node gets a vote, and sometimes you can figure a witness like a fileshare or a dedicated disc which also gets a vote. The cluster needs a majority of votes more than half to stay online. This prevents split brain scenarios where network partitions might make two sets of nodes think they are the active cluster.
Speaker 1: Okay, voting insures consistency and Windows Server twenty sixteen introduced a new type of witness, the cloud witness.
Speaker 2: Yes, this is a really neat addition. Instead of needing a physical disc or a file share somewhere which might be on one of your main side creating a single point of failure for the witness itself, you can use a tiny bit of storage in Microsoft Azure as the witness resource in the cloud.
Speaker 1: Why is that useful?
Speaker 2: It's fantastic for stretch clusters where your cluster nodes or in different physical locations, maybe different buildings or even cities. Putting the witness in Azure provides a truly independent third location, making the quorum much more resilient to site failures. Also great for clusters running entirely in VMS, maybe even Azure VMS.
Speaker 1: Removes the need for that third physical site just for the witness. Glover and Dynamic Quorum AH.
Speaker 2: Dynamic Korum has been around since Server twenty twelve, actually enabled by default. Also very clever. The cluster automatically adjusts node votes based on their current state. If nodes shut down gracefully they lose their vote. This means a cluster can potentially stay online even if it loses multiple nodes right down to the last single node in some scenarios, because the required number of votes for quorum adjusts dynamically.
Speaker 1: Wow. Okay, so the cluster tries its best to stay up even as nodes fail. Very resilient. All right. Let's talk maintenance. Keeping servers healthy. Updates are critical but can also be risky.
Speaker 2: WSUS Windows Server Update Services WSUS is fundamental for managing Microsoft updates in any reasonably sized organization. Instead of every single client computer downloading updates directly for Microsoft Update over the Internet.
Speaker 1: Which would kill your bandwidth.
Speaker 2: Exactly, Instead, you set up one WSUS server. It downloads all the improved updates once for Microsoft. Then all your clients and servers point to your internal WSUS server to get their updates.
Speaker 1: Saves bandwidth. Okay, but the real win is control, right.
Speaker 2: That's the biggest benefit. Administrators use WSUS to approve which updates get deployed. You can test updates on a pilot group first. You can improve security updates immediately, but maybe hold back on big feature updates until you're ready, you get reports on which machines need which updates. Gives you vital control over the patching process.
Speaker 1: Can you delay updates if you need to test more.
Speaker 2: Yes, Especially with the newer servicing models, you can typically defer feature updates the ones that add new cap abilities for several months, and quality updates. The monthly security patches and bug fixes can usually be deferred for up to thirty days using group policy. This gives it time to test and ensure compatibility before rolling out widely.
Speaker 1: That control is absolutely essential in production environments. Okay, what about protecting against malware? Windows Defender is built in now right yep.
Speaker 2: Windows Defender antimolware is included and enabled by default in Windows Server twenty sixteen. Unlike some earlier versions, it provides real time protection, scanning, definition updates, the usual anti war capabilities.
Speaker 1: And you can manage it centrally.
Speaker 2: You can't typically through group policy for configuration settings or using PowerShell cmdalits. You can configure exclusion paths, schedule scans, managed definition updates.
Speaker 1: And you mentioned a clever setting for VMS earlier.
Speaker 2: Yes, the randomized scheduled task times setting in group policy. For Defender. This is especially important on hyper v hosts or FEEDI environments where you might have tens or hundreds.
Speaker 1: Of vms, oh I randomize.
Speaker 2: If you don't, all those vms might try to run their scheduled scan or download updates at exactly the same time, say two point zero am. This can absolutely crush the host CPU and disc io, making everything grind to a halt. Randomizing spreads that load out over a window of time maybe an hour or two, so you don't get those huge resource spikes.
Speaker 1: That is smart prevents a self inflicted performance disaster and beyond updates in malware, just keeping an eye on things. Monitoring tools.
Speaker 2: Window Server has a whole suite. You've got the quick overview of task manager, deeper dives with resource monitor and Performance monitor for tracking CPU memory, disc network usage over time, and critically.
Speaker 1: Event Viewer ah the logs.
Speaker 2: Everything gets logged there, system events, application error, security audits. But the really powerful part for larger environments is event subscriptions. You can configure servers to forward specific events to a central collector server, so.
Speaker 1: You don't have to log into fifty servers to check their logs exactly.
Speaker 2: You get one consolidated forwarded events log with all your important stuff from multiple systems makes monitoring and troubleshooting way more efficient.
Speaker 1: Okay, we've covered a lot of ground on traditional server roles and virtualization. Let's shift to something newer, more cutting edge for server twenty sixteen Windows containers. How are these different from hypervvms?
Speaker 2: Fundamentally different approach. Hyper v virtualizes the hardware. Each VM gets its own entire operating system, its own kernel drivers, it's a full machine simulation. Containers, on the other hand, virtualized parts of the operating system.
Speaker 1: Itself, virtualize THEOS. How does that work?
Speaker 2: The key concept is namespace isolation. All the containers running on a host actually share the host operating systems kernel, but each container gets its own isolated view of things like the file system, the registry, network, ports process lists.
Speaker 1: So they think they have their own OS, but they're really just using segregated parts of the host OS.
Speaker 2: In essence. Yes, the hosts kernel manages this isolation, only showing each container the resource is allocated to it. It's much lighter weight than a full VM because you don't have that overhead of a separate OS kernel and duplicate system files for every single instance.
Speaker 1: Lighter weight means faster startup, more density on a host exactly.
Speaker 2: Containers can often start in seconds compared to minutes for a VM, and you can typically run many more containers on the same hardware compared to vms. Plus the host DOS can enforce resource constraints. You can tell a container you only get to use one CPU core, or you're limited to five hundred and twelve million bit of RAMS.
Speaker 1: So one noisy container doesn't hog all the resources from its neighbors.
Speaker 2: Right ensures fair sharing and predictable performance in multi tenant scenarios.
Speaker 1: Now I heard there were two types of Windows containers in server twenty sixteen.
Speaker 2: That's correct, you have Windows Server containers. These provide that process and namespace isolation. We just talked about sharing the host kernel directly. They're the fastest and.
Speaker 1: Lightest option, okay, and the other type.
Speaker 2: Hyper V containers. These offer an extra layer of isolation. Each hyper V container actually runs inside a very minimal, highly optimized special purpose virtual machine. Crucially, each container gets its own copy of the Windows.
Speaker 1: Kernel AH, so they don't share the host kernel.
Speaker 2: Correct, they still share hardware resources, but the kernel isolation is much stronger, almost like a full VM, but still much lighter and faster to deploy than a traditional VM.
Speaker 1: Why would you need that extra isolation.
Speaker 2: Maybe you're running untrusted code, or you have strict multi tenant security requirements where even kernel level sharing isn't acceptable, or perhaps the application inside the container needs a different kernel version or patch level than the host. OS. Hyper v containers provide that stronger boundary.
Speaker 1: So a spectrum of isolation options and managing all these container Docker is the tool for that.
Speaker 2: Docker became the de facto's standard pretty quickly. It's the command line tool and engine you use to build, ship and run containers. You use Docker commands to download basos images from repositories like Docker.
Speaker 1: Hub, which is like an app store for container images.
Speaker 2: Kind of yeah, a huge public registry with official images for Windowserver, Core, Nanoserver, Linux distributions, applications. Then you use Docker to build your own application layers on top, create new images, and then run stop list and manage your running containers and networking.
Speaker 1: For containers, how do external users reach an app inside a container?
Speaker 2: Docker handles port mapping. You tell docer map port eighty on the host machine to port eighty eighty inside this web server container. Then traffic hitting the host on port eighty gets automatically forwarded to the application inside the container. Docker manages all that virtual networking behind the scenes.
Speaker 1: Makes sense, It orchestrates the whole life cycle, it really does.
Speaker 2: It's simplified container usage dramatically.
Speaker 1: Wow, we've covered a ton of ground today. We started by just redefining what a server even.
Speaker 2: Is, right, moving beyond just the box, and.
Speaker 1: Then dove into Windows Server twenty sixteen's capabilities. Flexible storage with storage spaces and ded up, powerful virtualization with hyper v and all its networking tricks.
Speaker 2: Live migration, VM resiliency.
Speaker 1: Robust high availability using NLB and failover clusters including that clever cloud witness.
Speaker 2: And proactive maintenance with WSUS and Defender plus smart.
Speaker 1: Monitoring, and finally, the agile world of Windows containers managed by Docker. It's really quite an ecosystem.
Speaker 2: It truly is. The amount of engineering that goes into making all this work reliably, securely, efficiently. It's pretty incredible, all aimed at keeping your digital services running smoothly.
Speaker 1: So thinking about the bigger picture, this invisible work done by server operating systems like Windows Server twenty sixteen is just becoming more and more critical, isn't it?
Speaker 2: Absolutely? As we rely more on distributed services cloud platforms, the intelligence baked into the OS layer is paramount, which leads to a thought. Is that line between a server and just any other powerful computer becoming kind of blurry?
Speaker 1: Or is it just constantly being redefined? Maybe it's less about the label server and more about the capabilities and resilience provided by the software wherever it happens to run.
Speaker 2: That's a great way to put it. The function defines it, not necessarily the form factor. So for everyone listening, what aspect of all this tech sparks your curiosity? What might you want to dive deeper into next?
Speaker 1: Definitely something to think about as you navigate our increasingly digital world.