Speaker 1: Big Food and Beyond.
Speaker 2: With Cliff and Bubo. These guys are your favorites, so like to subscribe and rade it live Stock and me right, just go on yesterday listening watching Lin always keep it's watching.
Speaker 1: And now you're hosts Cliff Berrickman and James Bubo Fay.
Speaker 2: Hello Cliff, good day sir. How are you doing?
Speaker 3: Good day?
Speaker 2: Good day?
Speaker 3: Yeah, but I heard you got some good guests today.
Speaker 2: Fantastic guess. Actually, I have a lot of respect for for a lot of years, and we finally managed to pin him down. I was talking to him before we started recording here, and apparently he's all over the country now, so I've got We've got a lot of catching up to do. So everybody, Bigfoot and Beyond Land, all you listeners and such, please welcome Scott Violette to our our podcast here. Scott, thank you very much for coming.
Speaker 4: On, Scotty, thanks for having me. High Cliff, Hi, Bobo.
Speaker 3: Have I met you in person?
Speaker 4: Oh? Actually you have at the Oregon Bigfoot Festival a couple of years ago, three years ago.
Speaker 2: I think, well, those are crazy. You can't blame I can't you know, nobody can blame you for not remembering because my wife was at them and I don't remember that. You know, those are just whirlwinds of activity and people and all that sort of stuff. Yeah, is that the only time I've met you, Scott? Is that the only time I've met you? Or is there something that goes back further?
Speaker 4: Well, no, it's just you and I were at the Oregon Bigfoot Festival. We met once, and then we were at the last Pocatello.
Speaker 2: Gotcha, gotcha again. Yeah, it's not a good time to meet me and have me remember anybody. It happens all the time in the shop. So Cliff remember me, and I go, well, you look familiar, but so does everybody else who walks in the door. We met like four years ago. Oh well that's probably why we in a bikini. But Scott's a name that a lot of people recognize. I mean, he's been in the Bigfoot community for quite a while, and I think he's a way worthy guest. We're going to learn a lot about him today and what he's been up to, because he's doing some really exciting stuff. But for those who don't know you, Scott, how did you get into this ridiculous subject that we all love so much.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it was kind of totally by accident, sort of, I could put it that way. I you know, I was always interested in Bigfoot as a kid, because I'm a pretty old guy now, and I remember seeing the Patterson Gimmlin film as a newsreel before a movie when I was about seven or eight, So I you know, I was always kind of in the back of my mind, you know, thought about, hey, this could be a real thing. But what really got me into it is after years of living and I ended up being an anthropologist, a Native American cultural anthropologist, and I worked with a couple of different universities on some archaeological digs. But what really got me into it is I worked with the Mee Walk tribe in central California.
Speaker 2: That's in the Sierra Nevada Mountains, isn't it.
Speaker 4: Yes, it is, yeah, around Yosemite. Actually yeah yeah yeah. Think he Strain does a lot of work with them. Yeah, yeah, she does. So what I was doing, I was working with one of the tribes near a town called Mariposa where we were actually documenting their history and I was helping them to document their how long they had been in the valley basically, and I was walking around with the elders and they were showing me pictographs and petroglyphs that they have found all over the years, and you know, I'd learned to read those in college and that was kind of my area that I really delved into in my studies. And I asked the elder, what's this symbol? I don't recognize that one, and he said that's bigfoot. And I looked at him and was like, so they're real and he looked at me like I was stupid and said, yeah, you know. So that's what kind of got me into doing the research. And when I started delving into you know, I've I've taken forensic anthropology and college and stuff. So when I started looking at the footprint casts, I started noticing that there is morphology to this, you know. So I started delving into you know, of course doctor Meldrum's books and some other things, and I thought, well, there's a lot more history here than I realized.
Speaker 3: Sorry, Scott, what here was this? When you saw the Harryman pick her out for the first.
Speaker 4: Time, that one would have been about gosh, I would say ninety seven.
Speaker 3: Did Kathy did Kathy Stream learn about it from you? Or did Shirty know about it?
Speaker 4: Oh no, No, this was a different one, the one she was talking about. Yeah, this is this is up north in Assembity area.
Speaker 3: I never saw pictures of that one.
Speaker 4: Nobody has because the Miwalk tribal members keep it pretty quiet. So uh. And and I haven't got permission to you know, to say where it's at, but I can say, uh, just recently, as in like three weeks ago, I found another one that was almost identical to the one that Kathy has down there, and it's in eastern Oregon here. Well what yeah it and uh and it's kind of interesting because there's three symbols together. There's the Bigfoot, the Harryman, and then there's a symbol that's a directional symbol that tells people to avoid this area, go around basically. And then they have a stick man symbol which is also on the one down there in California, which is more of a warning sign, you know, danger basically. So yeah, the one we found up here, it's only it's only like nine inches tall, so it's unless you're looking closely on the rocks, you'll never see it. But I had I had a gentleman who had had seen that just by accident, and had sent me pictures of it and and took me out there and we were able to document it just about four weeks ago.
Speaker 3: Actually, do you have any idea how well that is?
Speaker 5: Like, is there stuff kind of loge around there that gives you an idea of the age when it was done?
Speaker 4: There's there's really not, you know, because they use it was a pictograph, so they used like iron oxide, which is the whole area is just covered in it because this is a mineral rich area. But so there's really not there's no way to you know, carbon date rock. So oh, I can't really tell you, but I can give you an id. I can get an idea from when the you know, the tribes that were in the area, So I'm guessing probably two to three hundred years old.
Speaker 2: So you took this pectograph as a was a petroglyph or a pictograph. There is a difference.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's a pictograph. It's painted on with oron oxide paint. Petrogless are pecked into the rock or carved.
Speaker 2: Right, So you're interpreting this pictograph as a warning sign like don't go in this particular area. I assume you've gone there.
Speaker 4: Yes we have. Yeah, it's actually really a deserted area here in eastern Oregon too, but it does lead into the Eagle Cap Mountains, which is part of the Blue Mountain Range.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, okay, so there you go. Interesting. Interesting. Well, anyway back on track. So you started reading about doctor Meldrum's work and the foot morphology and that sort of thing.
Speaker 4: And yeah, and I started to discovering there there's a lot of actual science to this. You know, there's a lot of proof right here. And I don't know why the world hasn't, you know, jumped on this myself. So what I wanted to do is to in this probably has been like almost eight years ago. I decided, well, I live here in eastern Oregon. I live in the Blue Mountains. I saw the Freeman film. You know, in fact, where I grew up in Somerville, Oregon, was only about fifteen miles south of where the Freeman film was shot. So I thought, well, hey, what if I put up a YouTube chen, or not a YouTube channel, but a Facebook page and say, hey, maybe somebody who's got stories that they could tell me. So I put up the Facebook page and a website, and then the local newspaper guy here did a little story on me, and next thing I know, we're getting hundreds of stories, you know, from all around this area. So and so I figured that's going to be my operating style from now on. I guess you can put it that way. Is So, we put the fancy logos on our truck and all that stuff, just so people would know I'm a safe guy to talk to. And we actually started going to setting up booths in like local fares and sportsmen shows and you know, not necessarily the Bigfoot conference type stuff, but just the out of the way little places. And inevitably we were getting stories all the time, and I was able to put pins and maps and dates and times, and I started creating my own like basically database of the bigfoots and the blues and or is it big feet? I don't know, Well I don't.
Speaker 3: Know that's good.
Speaker 2: Which do you prefer? I say big foots because feet is a plural of foot, but bigfoot is, you know, and I don't of course they have two feet.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so yeah, I go with the big feets.
Speaker 2: So gotcha each throne.
Speaker 3: Grammatically it's big foots.
Speaker 2: I air towards sasquatches, it's easiest there you go. Yeah, but you know, one of the most important things I think you're doing is because the Blue Mountains put on the map by the you know, by the Vanguard. You know, the Paul Freeman's in the West Summerlands and all those folks, Bill Lowry and those folks. But you are south of there, and that zone is really quiet. Even doctor Krantz took note of that, Like he said, there's a ton of stuff outside Walla Walla, and people are willing to talk about it. But you go further south Sumter and Baker City, and people are very hush hush about the bigfoot thing. Even though obviously the habitat is great and a lot of things happen. It is so great that a local person like yourself, I know that you probably grew up I'm guessing Milton Freewater or something like that. I don't know where you were south of the deduct area.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I grew up in and near The biggest town would be La Grand.
Speaker 2: La Grand. Okay, sure, sure, Well, out in that zone, not really anybody but you is on the radar that's working it. There probably are a few bigfooters out there, but no one is taking a high profile. So it's really great that you're out there doing it and documenting the activity that's out there, because it's hard to get unless you're a local exactly.
Speaker 4: You know. Inevitably, like when we go to fairs and things and set up our little booth, we'll have the guy that walks by the booth five or six times and kind of looks at me out of the side of his eye and waits until there's nobody there to come talk to me.
Speaker 2: Various low cows throughout the country really feel that same way, like they're not going to open up to anybody unless they have a reason to, Like you're a local. I mean for Bobo and I a lot of times it's like we're on TV and they kind of feel like they know us or whatever. So we might get some of those reports, and then again some people say, oh, he's been on TV. I'm not telling him. So I'm sure we lose reports like that too. But the Southern Blues is one of those areas where people just kind of keep hushed about it. Idaho is another spot, you know, because people move to Idaho for various reasons, and one of them is to not deal with outsiders, and of course Maine as well. They live up in the corner of the country to keep all of us away as far as I can tell, So if and it's up to the local researchers in these areas to do the groundwork to find out what's going on in their areas, because they're not going to report it to the BFRO. They're not going to tell some guy on the Internet what's going on that, they're going to tell local people. At least that's what I found. Stay tuned for more Bigfoot and Beyond with Cliff and Bobo. Will be right back after these messages. Boba, are you starting to notice thinning hair? Who me maybe a little a little hair left or a little thinning hair both. Well, I've got good news for you. Bobo Hymns offers access to prescription treatments for regrowing hair and as little as three to six months, so you can see a fuller head of hair like Bobo in the old days by fall.
Speaker 3: That'd be nice having a fresh fall crop to harvest.
Speaker 2: So Sweet Hyms offers convenient acts access to a range of prescription hair loss treatments with ingredients at work, including choose oral medication serums and sprays.
Speaker 3: Yep, doctors trust this stuff. It's been clinically proven.
Speaker 5: It's got ingredients like finesteride and oxidil, and that stuff can stop hair loss and we go hair in as little as three to six months.
Speaker 2: You can get started from the comfort of your own home, cave, motor home, or wherever you happen to be by filling out an intake form and a medical provider will determine if treatment is right for you. If prescribed, your treatment is sent directly to you for free.
Speaker 5: The process is one hundred percent online, which meanss getting started has never been more convenient, and even if sasquatch can do it, it's so easy.
Speaker 2: No insurance is needed and one low price covers everything from treatments to ongoing care. Plus treatment options start at just thirty five dollars a month. Start your free online visit today at hymns dot com slash beyond.
Speaker 5: That's hims dot com slash beyond for personalized her lost treatment options.
Speaker 2: Hymns dot com slash beyond.
Speaker 1: Individual results may vary based on studies of topical and oral monoxidyal and finasteride. Prescription required. See website for full details restrictions and important safety information, you know.
Speaker 2: The coast range in Organ. That's another one. I had this woman. I did a gig at this casino out in the Organ Coast a few years back, and this woman says, I want to tell you about my siding, but you know, I don't want it to go anywhere and step okay, fine, And she starts telling me about the siding, and she's basically had a road crossing on the highway in the general area you're the main highway. And I said, oh, do you live right there? She goes, Oh, no, I don't live there. I live like fifteen miles up in the hills from there. You know, you have to go down this road in this store to go, Oh, you don't live anywhere near there. Why don't you want anybody to know about your sighting? She goes, oh, well, we just don't like outsiders around here. So even though it was on a main highway that everybody in the world knows, or everybody in the local area knows this highway, she doesn't want anybody to know where she saw it, and she doesn't live anywhere new there because we don't want outsiders. So what have even finding out about this. I mean, well, I don't want to get too far ahead of myself because I know what you're doing now compared to what you were doing. But what were your takeaways by studying the patterns that were developing in the southern Blues. Did they resemble the stuff outside of Walla, Walla that everybody else knows about, did they resemble other parts of the country or were they totally different? What were your takeaways?
Speaker 4: Oh, they're very similar to the ones set up in Walla, Walla. But what was really interesting to me was all the reports we get and I was looking at, you know, dates, and you know, some of these were like years and years apart, but the months were the same in the same place. And so I come to the conclusion that it's almost I could almost see like a migratory pattern basically. And then I started noticing that there was there was kind of two factors to it. There was the food availability, like they were in this area when the huckleberries, or they were in this area when there was mushrooms, you know, or that was one thing. And another thing. We got more reports during the mushroom season and during huckleberry seasons, and during the hunting season. So I don't know if the bigfoot were there the whole time in just more people there to see them, or if they were migrating from one spot to the other through this area.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that would be a hard one to discern because certainly more people are out in those areas during that time. That might be a human factor.
Speaker 4: Right, So that was kind of interesting. But I started looking at some of the reports and we were getting like, you know, rocks thrown at people. In fact, we got one report where a stump was thrown at somebody in a huckleberry patch during huckleberry seasons, like get out of my huckleberries kind of deal. So I was thinking, if we took the more aggressive I guess you would say encounters compared to the ones where people just saw them basically or smelt them or heard them or got the tree knox or whatnot. So if youve got the more aggressive ones, it's when they're in this area for food, basically. It's kind of a conclusion I came to. It's, of course not scientific, it's just kind of a scientific guess, I have to say. So taking that into consideration, we would hit those areas doing our research. You know, and just going out and spending time in the woods. And that was another thing that I decided we needed to do, is you can't go out on a weekend, you know, we would spend two weeks or three weeks or four weeks in an area and just camp out there and stay there. And bying able to do that is after twenty years of doing this research, I actually had my first encounter, you know when first encounter or sighting both. Yeah, it's my sighting. I can well, I can go into that I had. I had a gentleman with me, which is kind of interesting.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 4: So my wife, her friend, her husband always wanted to go bigfooting. He'd never done it before, and it was his birthday, so she thought it would be great for a birthday prison to have him go out in the woods with me. So we had been researching this area for a couple of weeks, so I said, okay, come with me for the first time out. So he comes out and we're hiking down this trail and this is kind of interesting too. We're in the area where there it's the watershed area for Baker City up in the Blues. It's kind of funny how it's a watershed area. Very interesting, but as opposed to the Freeman film is what I'm re alluding to. But so we're out hiking trail and we smelt the smell and I had never smelt it before. I had had lots of reports about how it smelled, but I had never experienced. And now I can say, oh, I get it. You know how bad it smells. So I said, hey, let's we stopped, of course, and looked around. But of course we're in the forest and it's kind of dusaling rain and I can't see anything. And I told the guy with me, hey, let's just keep walking. Maybe this thing will follow us or something, you know, and we'll get footprints. So we kept walking. The smell went away, and I said, well that didn't work. So we turned around and went back to where the smell was very pungent, and we were scanning the trees, and I finally just said the heck with it, and I just went in the woods just to see if something happened, and it mimicked me. I got the almost the exact same sound I made back at me, and that's when we were able to see it. It was two hundred feet away down the hill and I saw this head bob inside to side between this little tiny opening in the trees, and I had about three seconds to take a picture, and I got my quintessential blurry bigfoot picture.
Speaker 3: Congratulations.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah. So but then we heard this whistle off in the woods, and this really loud whistle too, and the one I had I was seeing through the opening, turned and walked away really fast, and of course it was down behind a bunch of trees, and it just disappeared on me and I couldn't and the smell went away. So this guy looked at me and goes, am I really lucky to see a big foot on my first trip. I'm like, yeah, very So we actually spent three days there after that.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 4: Of course the gentleman went home, but we went back every day and we went down to the area and where this creature was standing, we found three nine inch footprints with three fifteen inch footprints next to it. After shooting lasers through the trees and measuring where I was standing, I put my camera on a tripod and we put a laser pointer on top of it so I could see where my camera was shooting down through that opening. And then we went down in the opening with you know, with poles to decide how so this creature was five foot or six foot tall where it was standing and down off this hill. So I'm figuring this was probably the nine inch footprints and the fifteen inch footprints was the one that whistled that I never saw.
Speaker 2: Very interesting. I'm glad you now. I'm assuming you cast those footprints or were they just in Dunphin You couldn't do it.
Speaker 4: We cast one of the nine inch ones. I got some really good photos of the fifteen inch ones, but they were on this side of this bank that was nearly vertical, and it was almost impossible to cast. I had to make I had to make the plaster really thick, and I kept swiping it up to keep it in the in the cast until it's set up. But we did, we did have those casts.
Speaker 2: Oh good, good do it. It takes do whatever it takes to get it, you know. So and what what when was this? When when did you say it? When did you see this thing?
Speaker 4: This is four years ago in April, four years.
Speaker 2: Ago in April. Okay, okay, what's a snow situation like in April?
Speaker 4: Just gone just barely gone, barely gone. Okay, Yeah, So where we were is that the snow is had just cleared out of that area basically, and what happens there if you follow the snow lines, we have a lot of morell mushrooms and people pick those, uh in this area. It's kind of an almost an industry here in eastern Oregon, the Morrell mushroom picking season. But the mushrooms follow the edge of the snow line. As the snow line goes up the mountain, the morrells pop out first at the edge where the snow is going away. So we were right in that area where the murrales were thick. So interesting.
Speaker 2: Interesting, and I think deer also followed the snow line up because that's where the new growth is happening. A lot of that new growth is the most nutritious growth they get. So that's another correlation. And were you inside the watershed where you should not have been or were you're right outside?
Speaker 4: We were right on the edge, right.
Speaker 2: On the edge where you are allowed to go, Okay.
Speaker 4: Where we are allowed to go. I know I didn't go into the watershed. It's kind of there's a there's a road that goes into the area the left side of the road. You can't go into the right side of the road. You can, but you can walk down the middle of the road. And that's where we were at.
Speaker 2: The reason I asked, I wasn't trying to get you in trouble or anything like that. But around here where I live, there are two watersheds available for working. One of them is the Bull Run Watershed, and you're not allowed in there at all. It's a huge fine. It's you know, as a matter of national insecurity basically, you know, so you are not allowed in there at all. It's a huge fine for fish even a tributary to it, and blah blah blah. But on the other side of the mountain, on the other side of mountain Hood, there is the Dows Watershed, where there's no fences or gates or whatever, and you're kind of allowed to drive through there. You're just not allowed to stop and get out and park and do all that sort of stuff. So for big footing from your car with a dash cam or a thermal out the window or something, it's absolutely perfect. And that's why I asked, I want to know what kind of watershed we're dealing with, Like a Mill Creek situation where you're not allowed to set foot in it, or like the Dows where you kind of are allowed to go through it for some reason, you're just not allowed to get out and do anything.
Speaker 4: Right, Well, this one here is closed off to the public. You're not allowed to go into it, but they do issue X amount of deer tags that you can hunt the area, but they have strict rules about being in there. You can't even go to the bathroom on the ground.
Speaker 3: See.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's the same thing with the Mill Creek watershed. I've talked to people in the shop here quite frequently who have maybe pulled an elk tag for the Mill Creek water I'm thinking, Oh, man, I wish I hunted. I'd love to go in there.
Speaker 4: Yeah yeah, so yeah, so the next two years I never drew a tag. I put in tags. I don't hunt either, but I was hoping to get the tag so I could go in there.
Speaker 2: Genius, I should do the same thing. That's great. I guess some hunters wouldn't be very happy with you, though, if you got the tag and you didn't try to go get an elk or whatever.
Speaker 4: Yeah, exactly, Yeah, cool.
Speaker 2: Well, what other sort of victories have you had in the Blues before we move on to what you're doing.
Speaker 4: Now, we've we've found footprints. We found some footprints up in the Tollgate area, which isn't far from where the Freeman film was taken.
Speaker 2: Yeah, great footprint came out of there too. Actually a woman cast it. Some fly fishermen found it. It was on the It was on the wall actually in the Tollgate store for a long time. But the guy who owned the Tollgate store, Jeff, he sold the store and he took that cast with him and one that I gave him as a gift, and say, well, if you ever want to get rid of that cast, let me know, I'd love to have the original. There's a hole right through the middle of it. That's how they stuck into the wall. They stuck. They put like a dry wall screw through the middle of the cast. And there's a bunch of other casts on the wall too, Bill Lowry cast and bunch of Paul Freeman stuff on the wall.
Speaker 4: Even Still, Yeah, well I can attest to that because the guy who bought the Tollgate store, his name's Wren. When he first bought the story, he went in there and those were still on the wall in there, and since I was the bigfoot guy in the area, he calls me up and says, hey, can you come authenticate any of these casts for me? And I went in there, and you're right, they're all on the wall with holes drilled through them, you know where they were screwed into the wall. So I saw one of the Freeman casts and I asked him, hey, can we take this off the wall. I just wanted to take a look at it. And he pulled it off and on the back of it is signed by Grover Krantz.
Speaker 2: Oh, yeah, that's interesting. Interesting, that's cool. Yeah, none of those are originals, though, those are all copies. The only original that I'm aware it was a toll Gate cast, which they also screwed the hole in the middle of. But yeah, yeah, but I have a copy of the toll Gate cast before it was drilled, which is kind of nice, I guess.
Speaker 4: But yeah, so we found some footprints there. We found some other footprints up here in the Eagle Caps or the Elkhorns that's right above Baker between Baker and Sumter area. A lot of reports in this area. But let's see, and but recently just Actually a couple of weeks ago, we had a gentleman down south in just out of Unity, Organ, which is a one horse town in the middle of nowhere. Nothing but cows, you know, out there, but in the southern port. He sent me a video that he had found when he was mushroom hunting, and it was in his hunting area. And what's really interesting, in last October he had he this is where he hunts, I mean where he puts up his blind and sits in this area. He was sitting there last year in the hunting season, and then he left and he came back from mushroom season to the exact same spot and there was a huge igloo style nest built in his spot, which he kept pretty quiet, you know, he did the one other people in his hunting area. And so he took a video of it and sent it to me when it was still green, and I thought, well, this is really cool. It looks like you know the Quintidential bigfoot nests, you know. So I thought, well, let's go check it out. So got a hold of him. We went up there. He took me down to the area. I mean, you got to park on the road and you got to walk down a really steep hill for about a mile and a half to get down to where this place is, and the nest is still there. So I started looking at it, and every single limb that this thing is made out of was broken. There wasn't one saw mark anywhere. And they were ranging from six to you know, from two to six inches around some of these limbs. And this thing was woven together. I mean it was solid and it looked like an igloo to me. But the opening wasn't at the bottom, it was about halfway up. Yeah. I measured everything, took a lot of pictures. We even looked for biologicals of course on the inside, looked for Harris with a fine toothed comb. I even have a UV light that we used to see if anything glows. Didn't find anything. But while we were doing the doing our walkarounds and looking and filming everything, something dawned on me that this thing had a fence around it. There was these these big trees, some of them were you know, four or five feet around, had been pushed over with the roots up. Some of them were snapped off. The smaller ones, like eight ten inch trees were snapped off, and there was like a fence built probably twenty feet away from the nest, completely around the nest. Just these trees laid down on the ground in a big circle around the nest. It looked like a fence.
Speaker 2: Could you date the damage in any sort of way?
Speaker 4: I couldn't. I meant, of course, the nest itself we knew in early spring. In April it was still green. I mean all the boughsand stuff were still green. They're not now, but so but as far as the trees go, I can't really tell the date, you know, when they were broken or stuff. But what was really interesting is around this area then we were probably about one hundred feet to a river that runs year round, so there was water available really close. And we did find a footprint, an old, old footprint. I did cast it, but there's there's some features, but you know, not much.
Speaker 2: Stay tuned for more Bigfoot and Beyond with Cliff and Bobo. Will be right back after these messages.
Speaker 4: After spending we spent a couple of days there and then we came back home and we went back the next weekend and spend a couple more days because it was just confusing to me the way this thing was set up and how strong it was. I mean you could walk on it, on the top of it and it wouldn't fall in basically, you know it was it was built sturdy. And when you've when you've got four to five inch logs, you know, woven together. In fact, one of them we found a six inch that was pulled up with the root ball still on it that was woven into this.
Speaker 3: That's awesome.
Speaker 2: I think you indicated this earlier, but just for just to clarify for me, how in what time period was this thing constructed? Because the hunter went there, went away for a while and came back and it was there. What's that time period look like? How long was that?
Speaker 4: It wasn't there in October and then we had over the winter, but it was there and it was still green in April.
Speaker 2: In April, wow, so four months. And that is that area readily accessible during that time of year like in February or is it snowed in?
Speaker 4: No, it snowed in.
Speaker 2: Weird, totally weird, and no one, no signs of fires or anything like you dis kind of the human thing pretty readily.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, there was no there's no you know, signs of camping or anything. Anywhere near there, and it was. And you know how how they have really steep The Blue Mountains are really steep, so you know you have these cut banks and the roads above it. You know, but like I said, it's a mile and a half straight down to get to do this down by the river, so you have to really want to go there.
Speaker 2: Basically interesting, that's weird. It's totally weird. So do you have your eye on that right now? Do you have game cameras on it or is there anything to do about that?
Speaker 4: Yeah, we do have game cameras still there. Other than that, we've we've done. I've literally measured everything, which is kind of an advantage to me being an archaeologist, so I know how to document stuff. So I basically did the old archaeological documentation on it, which is document everything basically. So we've done We've done a couple of shows on on our we have a YouTube live that we do. And what was really interesting is between the two weeks we went there and I had talked about it on our show that week, and then I went had went back the next weekend and something dawned on me. You know, this thing is about five feet on the inside it's five feet tall and about five feet around on the inside. It's fourteen feet on the outside. Because there's a lot of stuff piled up on this thing, I got to think, and you know, this isn't big enough for like a full size bigfoot to lay down in. I mean, the bottoms, the bottom was filled with pine boughs and stuff, you know, like a human would use to make a bed. But and the opening was smaller, you know, it's probably three three and a half feet around. I thought, this isn't big enough for a bigfoot to be in, but it's big enough to put a bigfoot baby in. And I was wondering if this is a bassinet basically or crib some.
Speaker 5: Of those in Alaska, the Native so that they build those. And the one I saw didn't look like auld hold a baby bigfoot, but that's what they said it was for.
Speaker 4: Well, this one, I'm pretty sure it could because we I even got a picture of my wife. We took a stick and had her stand over it and reached down in there like you was going to put a baby in it. And she was a little short for the task, but she could have done it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that might make sense considering the time of year, because you know, if it's all snowed in and whatnot, that structure like that would keep the inside area more or less free of snow, especially if you covered the out covered the doorway in some sort of way. Yeah, and it would have to be I don't know what the snow cover is in this particular area, the altitude or anything, but something that heavy that you could you said, you could practically walk on it. It was so strong that would probably hold a huge snow load, I imagine, But I mean, who knows. That's very interesting that you're coming with these hypotheses.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so you know, and I think you know, you need someplace to put a kid if you're going to go out hunt or whatever. You know, just need a break for a minute. So you know, I'm thinking, if they're not that much different than humans, so why not a platepin or bassing to put them in.
Speaker 2: So you're continuing to do work on that. So cameras are out there, now, are you going to check the cameras before the snows come and set up some more for the snowtime? Since that's when it was made.
Speaker 4: Well, I think it was made early spring. It had to be because like I said the stuff was still green in April, so we might hit that pretty hard early spring.
Speaker 3: Do you leave it on daytime only?
Speaker 5: Like, do you guys keep the IR flash off on those things your cameras?
Speaker 3: Do you know?
Speaker 4: I've I've seen so much stuff about them being able to see the IR, you know, and we know that there's there's animals like caribou and other things that can see that IR. Yeah, we do. We We even we put tape over our IR on our cameras. And I also put the camera in basically a faradaid cage so it doesn't give off any EMF just in case, I don't know why, in case they're aliens. I don't know. So you know, basically, well, a.
Speaker 2: Lot of animal animals are sensitive to electromagnetic frequencies at times, you know, they may they may complete demouflage hunter outfits now that mask the very faint EMFs that humans give off, or any animal gives off in our little electrical impulses and our nervous system and that sort of thing. They don't have to be aliens for that. I just want to clarify that. So it's not a bad idea.
Speaker 4: Yeah, So we wrap ours and a wire mesh just to keep the MF down basically, so.
Speaker 2: You know the sort of new paragraph here. You spent a lot of time in that area. I know you're kind of rooming around now, which of course we will get to in a minute. But the Snake River isn't that far from you. And really the Snake River kind of winds through some unlikely sasquatch habitat, just like some rivers in the Southwest too. But yet the people who live there report Sasquatches from the river basins themselves. Have you got a lot of stuff or have you done any investigations on the Snake River and what would normally be or at least seem to be unlikely sasquatch habitat if it wasn't for that riverbed.
Speaker 4: Oh, yeah, definitely. We've got actually quite a few reports. Now north of us, there's a town called Halfway, Halfway, Oregon. It does exist, yeah, but just north of Halfway is the Snake River runs through that area, and it's in the northern part of the Blue Mountains, but it's it's still very high deserty in that area. It's where there's a there's Hell's Canyon. I don't know if you've heard of Hell's Canyon.
Speaker 2: Oh sure, yeah, I've gotten a couple of reports out of Hell's Canyon.
Speaker 4: Yeah, well that's the area that's it. It's actually Hell's Canyon. So in that area we have had reports of people being you know, see these creatures puring at them over rocks and stuff up in the up in the tops of the hills. Well they're down in the river fishing, you know, and they'll they'll see these creatures washing them from the top of the hill, you know, behind a rock, because there's not many trees up there, but there's lots of rocks. It's very desert tea and the Hell Canyon is deep it you know, it's cut. Its the Snake Rivers cut you know, through there. But there's also a lot of Native American legend from that area. In fact, that these seven devils from the Nesbersh tribe are seven Bigfoot basically in their stories, and that's exactly in the same area. So there's a lot of history there.
Speaker 2: Can you tell us about that story? I don't think i've heard that one.
Speaker 4: Uh, basically, yeah, it's it's from the Nesbur's strife, which is from the Willawa Mountains. Which is just over the hill from Hills Canyon. The Netsburghs have a legend and it goes way back into the their creation stories, and this one here is where the tribe was taunted by these seven hairy men. Basically is the only way I could describe it from what you know from their language. Basically, I don't know if you're familiar with Native American coyotes stories, but the coyote to most tribal members is basically a trickster but also a protector of the tribe. And in this instance, the coyote tricked the seven bigfoot over into this area and he circled them and turned them into stone. So there's seven mountaintops in this little area, and they called the seven devils, and so there are The story goes that these seven mountaintops were bigfoot at one time that the coyote changed into stone.
Speaker 5: You know what's funny is you're on the Hoopa Reservation on the Trinity River a few hundred miles from they're probably four hundred miles. But they have a legend of seven big foots coming in and stealing seven Indian women and the young young women out of the tish Tang village and that's why they abandoned it and they never lived there again.
Speaker 3: That was three four hundred years ago.
Speaker 2: So seven seven seems to be something. There's something going on with that then perhaps.
Speaker 3: I don't know, like figure that out, you guys.
Speaker 2: Okay, it's on you. Scott, You're back to us. Okay, stay tuned for more Bigfoot and Beyond with Cliff and Bogo. We'll be right back after these messages. Now, Scott, you're you're no longer based in the Blue Mountain region. You have now taken on a new chapter in your life and your bigfooting research as well. I want you to tell us about what's going on there.
Speaker 4: Well, a couple of years ago, my wife and I were both teaching at high school, and of course we know what happened a couple of years ago, and our jobs kind of went away. So we were both teaching in the performing arts, so that kind of went away because you can't really do that online. So we decided to sell our house and have some huge yard sales, and we bought an RV and decided just to hit the road and look for Bigfoot. So we ended up surprisingly in Maine for a couple of reasons. My father was from Maine, so I had never really visited any family. I grew up in Oregon, so we had I think we went to Maine once when I was a kid. So we decided to go back and check out Maine. Because my dad's a Kadian French hence the last named Violet, you know, for using the South they're called Cajun's. But so we decided to go check out that area. So we found a campground in North Maine Woods that was looking for, you know, just people to you know, work for the summer and then you could camp there for free. And then we thought, what a great opportunity just to hang out in a North Maine Woods. I can probably meet up with some family I've never met before, and we can look for Bigfoot. So we have started doing a kind of a town hall meeting. I know you're familiar with that. So we set up one at a local bar in a little town called mill Knock at Maine, and I was surprised. I meant, the local newspaper did a little story beforehand to kind of advertise it for us, and I thought, well, maybe we'll get five or six people. You know, we had about forty people show up.
Speaker 2: Wow for Maine. That's amazing.
Speaker 4: Yeah, And so we got to you know, they were bringing their pictures on their phones, and so I got footprint pictures and blob squatch pictures and you know, and a whole bunch of stuff, stories about rocks being thrown and things like that. And so we documented all that and we started going checking out these areas. Now, the North Main woods shocked me because you know, I grew up in eastern Oregon. Here we got forests, but they have forest. I meant, that forest is so thick you can't see twenty feet into it. And I don't see how anybody can keep from getting lost if you go ten feet in the woods there. It's just so thick. The trees are dense basically, so I think finding Bigfoot. The reason we don't have a lot of stories out of that area is because basically impossible to see them. I mean, I don't even know how these moose s walk through it with their horns to get through these forests. But and water everywhere I'm at. Everywhere there's rivers, ponds, lakes, just everywhere in Northern Main it's beautiful. So we did discover something because of all the water. We get a lot. We had a lot of pictures of footprints and near you know, river edges and stuff like that, reports that people seeing these down by the river or down by a pond or lake. So we spend a lot of time camping out by lake's edge. Didn't find anything as usual, you know, it's very rare, but the area is right for bigfoot pick and I guess for hunting basically because there's not a lot of people in the North main Woods. Another thing that is really surprising to me is that there's actually not much of the North main Woods which is public. Most of it's private land. I mean ninety percent of Maine. They don't have like here we have, you know, the Willaw Whitman National Forest. You know, they don't have national forests in Maine. It's all private land. And there's hundreds and hundreds of I mean I think it was it was it eight hundred and ninety miles of four wheeler roads through these woods. People can literally go from northern Maine to central Maine on four wheelers through the woods on these roads that are set up for snowbills or four wheelers during the summer, so We actually got a really good bigfoot video sent to us last year from the North main Woods from a guy driving on a four wheeler. We went back and tried to find the exact spot where he took the video, and I couldn't find it. But we're going to go back and probably next year and see if we can delve into that again.
Speaker 2: Did you have the witness with you to help you to help guide you to the location where you filmed it?
Speaker 4: We did not.
Speaker 2: Yes, that's a huge blow. Yeah, so you have plans to go back there and maybe learn a little bit more about the footage.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah that Yeah, we're gonna see if we can find that spot. I meant, I've got friends that own four wheelers and we just keep driving in circles up there until we find it.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 4: You know, I've got a general general area of where it's supposed to be. So we just we've got the video. And what we were doing is I had the video running while we're driving down the road. I'm saying, no, that's not it. Nope, that's not it. You know, basically, is it a.
Speaker 2: Public video like on YouTube or something at this point?
Speaker 4: Or yeah, it actually is. If you go to a Squatch America on YouTube shameless plug.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we definitely want to plug your channel, but so Squatch America on YouTube. Yes, and then you can see this video.
Speaker 4: Okay, it's called a new Bigfoot Video in Maine.
Speaker 2: Oh where'd you come up with that title?
Speaker 4: I don't know.
Speaker 2: Okay, so we can see this sing a new Bigfoot Video in Maine on the Squatch America channel.
Speaker 3: This is a costume of that.
Speaker 2: It's definitely not a blob squatch. That's the good news.
Speaker 4: Most of these guys drive about twenty five miles an hour because that's a speed limit on these four wheeler roads. If you take it frame by frame and look at it, this thing is actually moving frame by frame ahead of the camera. So it had to be moving at least twenty five or twenty six or twenty seven miles an hour when they caught it in those frames. That was the only thing that really confused me. That made me think, well, maybe not. I'm hoping to find that area so we can measure that tree at walk under it. That's what I want to do.
Speaker 3: It. It looks like a costume to be like, pretty blatantly almost.
Speaker 2: The problem with sasquatch is that they do look like dudes in costumes, you know, but I don't recognize the costume, which is good news because there's a lot of really commonly available ones. Yeah, i'd say without further work, this is ambiguous, you know, but it's something there and it seems to be moving.
Speaker 5: What about the witness, the guy driving, did you get to talk to him much?
Speaker 4: We have tried several times to get a hold of him and he's never got back to me. So that's another kind of like maybe not you know, kind of deal.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but it's also Maine. You know, people in Maine, I mean are kind of weird about that stuff. Where were we with that other video with that the kid who got it, he was thirteen or fourteen or something. Was that Tyler or something like that? Or oh Turner, Turner, Turner, Maine. Have you ever looked at that one up there?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 4: I haven't. I'll have to write that down.
Speaker 2: Yeah, real interesting stuff. And it's kind of gone back and forth and some investigators say it's a hoax and some say it's not because because the kid eventually said that he hoaxed it, but he was getting bullied at school and he was just tired of getting bullied about it, so he said, fine, I hoaxed, leave me alone, but I don't think he did. We interviewed the kid quite extensively on site. We interviewed his parents as well. There's actually two videos from the from the area, same property there were I guess the deal was that they were having vocalizations almost daily for a while and they would see this big quote unquote guy walking on the edge of their property and they filmed them one day they thought they had a trespasser, and then there was a vocalization one day and the kid goes, I'm going to record these vocalizations, and he had his video cameras, so he went and put it down on this road that right behind the property and just to record the vocalizations, and he happened to catch a glimpse of the thing walking in front of the camera.
Speaker 3: There was an iPhone.
Speaker 2: Okay, I could be incorrect about that, because I know he set it down, and I can't imagine setting down an iPhone like that and just leaving it. But maybe maybe he did, I don't know. But nonetheless, he did get a He did got a second or two of the thing walking in front of the camera. And the vocalizations as well. We ended up doing a night investigation there when we filmed our main episode, and we got bigfoots that night. We got them and it was there running and they followed us back to the property when we're doing interviews later that night and stuff. The whole nine it was. It was really good and money Maker got great vocalizations the night before that at the same property as well. I'm inclined to think it's real, So if you haven't checked out the Turner main video, check it out. It's pretty cool.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm convinced it's real.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think it's real too. So some people don't, that's fine whatever. We'll never know for sure, but seems that a lot of people who don't think it's real haven't really talked to the witnesses and the parents. On top of it, both the parents and we were there having bigfoot activity, So I don't know. I think it's real based on the context and the interviews that we did, so that might be a good area. Next time you're up in Maine, go check.
Speaker 4: Out absolutely got out on my list.
Speaker 2: Do you have a place on your website or anything Squatchamerica dot com where you can look at some of the evidence and whatnot. Then some of the researchers read some of the siding reports or do you just keep that all internal for now?
Speaker 4: Right now, we're keeping it kind of internal, but we do have we do talk about it on our show on YouTube. But were actually we just revamped our website, so we're working on a database so we can put this up there. But it's coming soon. We'll put it that way, okay.
Speaker 2: Cool. Well, yeah, everything takes time. Everything takes time, okay, Scott, Well, thank you very much for coming on Bigfoot and Beyond. Where can people hear you? I know you've got a couple speaking events coming up, and you're also you know, roaming around the country doing stuff. So where can people run into you and learn a little bit more about what you're doing.
Speaker 4: Well, of course, we're going to be at the Bigfoot Rendezvous and Pocatello, Idaho. You're going to be there too, Cliff and doctor Jeff, we're going to be there. That's September twenty third and twenty fourth and Pocatello at the fair Grounds. And then after that we're going to a little town called Elgin, Oregon on October first, there's the Bigfoot Rendezvous train where you get to go on a train ride and have lunch, and we're going to be talking with you while we're going down the tracks about bigfoot, and you might see a bigfoot along the way, allegedly.
Speaker 2: Allegedly that there aren't they guaranteeing something.
Speaker 4: They are guaranteeing you'll see at least one or two big foot along the way, or I should say alleged bigfoot.
Speaker 2: Okay, yeah, it's probably a safer way to say it, I think.
Speaker 4: Yeah. Yeah. So there's that. And then on October twenty first and twenty second, we're going to be at the Yakama Valley Bigfoot con in Yakima, Washington.
Speaker 2: You get a full calendar then. And then after that wintertime, what are you going to be doing then?
Speaker 4: This winter? Are we going to be heading south to do some big footing down south in Texas and Louisiana and Alabama, in South Carolina and North Carolina. And then we're headed to Tennessee and April for the East Tennessee Bigfoot Conference there with us and Josh Gates.
Speaker 2: Wow, good, good, good, excellent.
Speaker 3: I'm jealous of everything you said, except for the Josh Gates part.
Speaker 4: Oh really okay, yes.
Speaker 3: I got you're doing what I want to do.
Speaker 5: Then just squatching follow the season's going around the country.
Speaker 3: Dude.
Speaker 2: Well, if you have room in the rig, maybe Bobo can like be your pet or.
Speaker 4: Something like that.
Speaker 3: Yeah. I don't think on the floor too much.
Speaker 2: All right, Well, Scott, thank you very much for spending some time with us. You have you have any extra time, you can stick around and do some more stuff for our members with us.
Speaker 4: Oh absolutely cool.
Speaker 3: Cool, I got a lot of stuff I want to ask you.
Speaker 2: All right, Well, that'll be just for our members. Of course. We have a Patreon account is starting in October. If you want to check that out, just go to Bigfoot and Beyond podcast dot com and there'll be a nice big link for our Patreon on the web page somewhere, and is to help us a little bit pay for the podcast and all that sort of stuff, and you get extra features. At least thirty forty five minutes a week is what we're planning at this point. And some of the visuals that we talk about, like the main video, for example, we can post a link to that nice and easy for people to find. So, yeah, if you want to be a member of the Beyond, Bigfoot and Beyond podcast. You know, if you want to hear that and have some extra content every single week, you can go ahead and go to Bigfoot and Beyond podcast dot com and follow links and help support us there. We have shirts and hoodies and stuff like that available as well. So but Scott, you don't care about that, why don't we get you off the phone first. Thank you so much for coming on. We really appreciate it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, thanks, Scott, all right, thank you. Bye.
Speaker 5: Well, Squatch America is going to be coming to a campground near you, so check those guys out they're in.
Speaker 2: The area, and listen to their podcast on YouTube.
Speaker 5: Yeah you know what I realized when I looked on there when we were doing the interview, I punched it up.
Speaker 3: I've totally checked out their page before and knew who they were.
Speaker 2: Well, yeah, that's just like you had met him before and neated and remember it as well. So man, me too, me too, But that's our life, I guess.
Speaker 5: All right, Well, thanks to Scott and good luck with the Squatch America project. And until next week, y'all keep it squatchy.
Speaker 2: Thanks for listening to this week's episode. Of Bigfoot and Beyond. If you liked what you heard, please rate and review us on iTunes, subscribe to Bigfoot and Beyond wherever you get your podcasts, and follow us on Facebook and Instagram at Bigfoot and Beyond podcast. You can find us on Twitter at Bigfoot and Beyond that's an N in the middle, and tweet us your thoughts and questions with the hashtag Bigfoot and Beyond.