Speaker 1: All right, I'm back from Turkey. It's been a blast, and it's time to reconnect. I was thinking of we had some people on the tour that I had known for a number of years, and one of them. A couple of people were asking what's going on with Jindale? And Jen is, of course busy doing her own thing, but I have her back on the program. It's been a while since we had our in house archaeologists on the program, so I wanted to check in and say, hey, Jen, hey going on.
Speaker 2: Oh, you know, summer's at its end and prepping for the fall, pepping for the winter in the old weather.
Speaker 1: Did you grow any any produce or any flowers or anything during the summer.
Speaker 2: Oh my gosh, I grew so much. I did.
Speaker 1: I don't mean cannabis, I mean.
Speaker 2: I did. I grew my own heirloom tomatoes and I ripped out a bunch of grass and just rewilded it rewilded.
Speaker 1: Heirloom tomatoes are are those are the ones that are like for good for canning, or just so you actually can too.
Speaker 2: I do, I can and freeze. You know. Heirlooms are those ugly tomatoes that everyone sees and they're like, oh, that looks terrible, but.
Speaker 1: They they taste really good. Yeah, and they have a thinner skin too, so you're not chewing on the scan though.
Speaker 2: That's true. That is very true.
Speaker 1: All right, So only tomatoes. You didn't do any kind of other vegetable then, huh?
Speaker 2: You know I didn't because I was so busy. I renovated a house. My mom lives here with us now, and I want to do enjoy a little bit of this summer, so my garden took a back seat. I have a ginormous blueberry patch, so harvested tons of blueberries, blackberries, strawberries.
Speaker 1: Those are running wild on the property, right. They're not something you planted.
Speaker 2: The previous owner probably planted like ten bushes and they just grew exponentially. So now I've got this great berry patch.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, well wild berries. We should mention that you're now living in Vermont, and are you on, like it four acres or something.
Speaker 3: I'm on eight acres and eight acres well that's a big people.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, that's pretty nice.
Speaker 1: It's one of those situations where you need to actually get a tractor.
Speaker 2: Right, Yeah, I've we have a couple of four wheelers that we use here.
Speaker 1: You living the country life now, which is kind of cool, fantastic, great to see. I want to mention that there were a couple of museums that I thought of you. One was the Istanbul Historical Museum that had these wonderful sculptures, these Roman sculptures that were gorgeous because the Romans were there in the Istanbul for for many years. But they also had and I posted this, they had a sculpture of Best, the god Best, a huge sculpture. He must have waited several hundred times. And I wrote about this and I was like, what the hell's Best doing in Turkey because he's an Egyptian god. So there's some strange history there that we don't know about, kind of weird and.
Speaker 2: Has some crossover. I think that there's a lot of that that happens. I mean, even if you think about, you know, how the Roman gods are really just you know, borrowings from all of these other pantheons, and that they excited.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they immortalized the Greeks. I mean the museums also Goebecy, Teppy and Krahan and Teppee were fabulous. They're just very sophisticated it's almost like they're the the curators have been educated in some school that we don't know about what we've done.
Speaker 2: Absolutely, they're reproductions of I mean the megaliths like blow my mind, and the reproductions of uh, you know, some of that stone work. You can really see the detail where you can't see it in the authentic stone stone work. I am like floored by that stuff for sure.
Speaker 1: Yeah. It's really a worthwhile trip. So hopefully we'll go back to Turkey one of these days. All right, well, let's talk about what some of your interests are. You sent me an article on on the glaciers that are melting in northern Europe, most notably Norway and what's being revealed. This is cool. In fact, it's funny because you were saying, they're telling people who are like hiking, be careful, stay away from stay on the trail, and don't touch anything, which I think is kind of funny. Talk about this.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean, this is kind of amazing. The reason I pulled this out is because I'm an avid hiker and I can only imagine what it would be like to come upon, you know, like some Bronze age weapon or implement that was being used, and that's kind of what happened in this article in Norway. So people were out looking around and hiking around and they came upon these this artifact called or artifacts called scar sticks, and basically they're just bundles of wooden sticks tied together with like birch bark, and they were used by ancient hunters to frighten wild rain deer and guide them towards the hunting areas. So they're these really ingenious ways that early hunters were trapping their dinner essentially, and now they're finding you know, they probably dropped them in place and you know, got said reindeer and you know, snow came, glacier moved in and they were recovered. Well, I think what's going to start happening a great deal more, especially as the glaciers are receding, is we're going to see so many artifacts reveal themselves. And the really I guess the thing that caught my eye was that the government is now saying, if you see a melting snow drift, make sure that if there's an artifact that's you know, emerging, leave it in place, leave it there and call the archaeology.
Speaker 1: Isn't that call like leaving it in C two you know, yeah, which is untouched, unexcavated, undocumented, I guess, right.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And that's just it. They want to document where these they're finding, these implements, these artifacts, so that you know, you've you've got provenience on these things, you've got a mapped location of where it was found, because the likelihood of finding other items in these areas is very high. I mean, these are well trafficked areas. These are areas that are still being used pretty consistently skien.
Speaker 1: In these areas or are they hiking trails or both?
Speaker 2: Well, I mean I think it's both, because you know they're they're talking about, you know, in cold conditions, you can still find these things because our winters, especially in western Europe, northwestern Europe, have been much warmer than they have been in previous years. And as you see, like you know, think of places like Siberia as the permafrost melts. I mean, they're already pulling out mammoths and dire wools and all sorts of megafauna that they hadn't intended ever seeing again. And the crazy thing is the tissue is just so pristine. It's been kept so well in that cold environment. I'm really interested in it because on a on a testing level, whether you know they're testing DNA, soil DNA, there are some really cool things that could come from all of these cold or freezing area items that are being found, artifacts that are being found.
Speaker 1: How how much of these glaciers is melting like must be major. It's massive footage of you know, like maybe ten feet shrinks down to few in I.
Speaker 2: Mean, it's it's a little shocking what glacial recession is looking like in northwestern Europe right now. Even if you think about what you know glacial recession is looking like in anti Arctica Alaska, It's it's fairly exponential right now. What's going on? So unfortunately their.
Speaker 1: Hygiene somewhere and there's like the the protrusion of a foundation or something. It's like they need to stay away from that, right Yeah.
Speaker 2: I mean your best bet is document it with your GPS, you know, mark it on your phone. If you've got really good service wherever it is that you're hiking, and you send the ac coordinates to an archaeologist and sure that they can grab it, you're making.
Speaker 1: A really good point. Jen. If someone goes up into those mountainous areas and comes across some artifacts or or the remains of a building or something like that. They need to they need to track it, and they need to post.
Speaker 2: It, right absolutely.
Speaker 1: I mean, are they suggesting that in the in the article.
Speaker 2: No, I mean, I wouldn't post it on like social media because you'll get some knucklehead that comes and tries to steal it, you know what I mean. I wouldn't do that, but I would definitely take a GPS coordinate of it. Coordinates are going to be really important, especially, I mean, it's it's water, it's glaciers, it's you know, scree rock fall and stuff like that. So it could move just slightly, but I think it is important to document it and the hikers, skiers, people that are out on the trails that they're you know, they're being respectful, I guess, is the best way to put it.
Speaker 1: I love that. It's very cool. Okay, let's move on. There's another article that you submitted to me, which is a new hominine bone, which are these hobbits, and these are human beings are a branch of hominin human that lived tens of thousands of years ago, but they're perfect in size, but they're just really weird. What did we discover? What do they? What were they?
Speaker 2: I am so over the moon about this story. So the Hobbits of Flores is what they're calling. And you know they they used to We've known about these folks for a little while. But the reason that this is so big is because it is a new adult armbone. It's peg to be roughly seven hundred thousand years old.
Speaker 1: Say it again, they find it.
Speaker 2: They found this in Indonesia, on the island of Flores.
Speaker 1: Okay, that's why I thought.
Speaker 2: Okay, okay, So it's extremely tiny. That's that's okay number one. But again, seven hundred thousand years old, that's that's pretty dang old.
Speaker 1: Give us a hint of what they think. The total site was like a three point five foot human.
Speaker 2: Well, the humorous bone is nine to sixteen percent shorter and thinner than specimens dated at sixty thousand years ago. So what does that tell us that they grew? Oh, they got bigger. Yeah, so and you know you kind of see their terminus around that sixty thousand year point. So seven hundred thousand to sixty thousand, that's a really big window a really big window. As far as how diminutive these folks were, they were pretty small. You're maybe looking it around. From what I can tell, and I mean, don't quote me on this, I'd say around three feet tall around there, a really light body size. So these this this person was very small, very acclimated to their environment. That's the best way I can say it. And Okay, so this is the other thing I'm going to say about this. These folks are island dwellers. So what does that tell you? If if this early human got to an Indonesian island, it means that they had some grasp of some maritime technology, whether they're you know, building small little boats to go from island to island, from mainland to mainland, whatever that might be. But again, what what is you know? I'm a crazy maritime technology person. I'm always looking for the maritime technology, and for me, this early human find just speaks to that, that knowledge of the ocean, that knowledge of seapairing.
Speaker 1: Yeah, let me ask you. In the photograph they show somewhat ape like the face of this hominin. Do they have an actual skull of one of these hobbit people?
Speaker 2: Not? To my knowledge, I don't think that they I don't think they do.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so this we don't have. That's just what drives me nuts about these guys. They create a face from an ape line creature just because it's so old. They you know, could it be looking like a Homo sapien sapient cranium? We don't know.
Speaker 2: I mean, as far as we know now, who even knows. I mean, there's there's no way is this is a bit of a leap.
Speaker 1: And it looks like leep.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean I think we can make certain, you know, assumptions like this was probably a darker skinned person and that you know, they were very adapted to their environment. So that's kind of what I would go off of.
Speaker 1: I think someone someone took a little too much license on here. I had the same problem when we were in Turkey. They had reproductions of what they believe were the Gobecley Tepee human beings and they look like cavement. They had bear skins on, and they had long hair and they look brutish. I'm like, well, do we know they've never found a skeleton in that area, so they're assuming this is what they look like.
Speaker 2: Let's just disagree from you know, those t shaped pillars. You'd think that the folks that were there were pretty well dressed.
Speaker 1: I mean, yeah.
Speaker 2: The reason why I say that is, you know, they've got that fox pelt down the front a belt. Yeah, they've got some sort of tunic that presumes that they were making, you know, some sort of clothing or something that looked like a piece of clothing. So yeah, that that's a that's a bad rendering. I would think I would.
Speaker 1: I kept asking everywhere we went in uh, Turkey, has a skeletal remain been found? Have any?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 2: They just not at that side. I mean that's not true. They've found portions of cremation, so like inhumation cremation, but those are like tiny pieces of bone, so there would be no way to make that kind of a determination.
Speaker 1: You know the same thing with this high it it's like they're assuming that because it's so old, it must be part you know, animal.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I mean it's so hard to say because I think they kind of just lumped it in with all early humans and how they perceive how folks that are doing these types of reproductions and renderings perceive that. And isn't that such an antiquated idea? I mean, don't get me started on Neanderthal. You know how I feel about that.
Speaker 1: I know, I'm just saying that, you know, we don't have enough bones. It's like some other hominins. We have a finger of them and all of a sudden, fingerbone of Denisovan begnificent, and all of a sudden they're huge, eight foot tall monsters. It's like, how do you come up with that from a finger bone? Yeah, I mean I should say I should be careful because that's the that's the alternative theory. People like Andrew Collins are like they're they're huge, huge, a hulk like bees of like will you give you this?
Speaker 2: Yeah? I think there are a lot of assertions that are made and I think that they're if if we could see folks teeth, I think that that would be a good indicator of you know, uh, cranium, your your cranium.
Speaker 1: They have a molar of replacement. Yeah, they have a molar of a beneficent and it's huge. So yeah, there's more specula.
Speaker 2: Well, and I would even say I would okay, so let me take that one step further. You can have big teeth, like I'm one of those people who have big molars I do. I have a special type of molar that most people don't have. There's so much diversity in humans there just is, you know what I mean. And early humans there's probably three million times more diversity because there were a bunch of them walking around at any given time.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we should give the scientists who are the curators who place these various hominin on display a break because they're doing the best guess work they can.
Speaker 2: They are, they are, Let's cut them a break. Let's let's let's let them off the hook.
Speaker 1: Unfortunately, the National Geographic and the Smithsonian magazines pick it up and go, this is it, this is who they are, this is it. Accept it. I'm like, oh, hey, really great to have you. Let's let's get you back on and more power to you as the fall months approach.
Speaker 2: You got it, Cliff, Good to be here with you, all.
Speaker 1: Right, Take care, Jim, see you, Cliff. It's always good to have Gin on the program. It's been a while since we've connected, and I wanted to check in with her, and I think you most of you remember her from other programs and so always fun to talk with her. Today's program is with Robert Temple He has written a new book called The Greek Pyramids, The Myth That Was Real, and this is a fascinating look at actual pyramids. There are five great pyramids in Greece during antiquity, and he has traced down and tracked three that are known, and today there's only two left. So this is a very important interview. And we also learn about a testing technique that can date this stone work of this it's called thermal luminescence. We're going to learn about this technique and why it's coming around and becoming more important for not only existing sites, but new discoveries in the world of stone masonry. We can begin testing it. So today's program is the Pyramids of Greece and my guest is Professor Robert Temple. Each year we support a number of different conferences. We have a new one out by megal Lithomania that's Hugh Newman's production. It's called Origins. It is scheduled for November two. It's a full day, it's ten am to seven pm, and we're going to learn a little more about it. Anything having to do with megal Lithumania is a must see simply because we're talking about a group of presenters who are noted authors, noted research investigators, and people who are in the know, meaning that they are either digging or excavating or they are part of the research material that is coming out from these sites. So we have the producer with us right now, and that's the old, the one and only Hugh new Men with us to talk a little bit about it. So, Hey, how are you doing, buddy.
Speaker 4: Thanks Cliff, Great to see you again. I hope all was going well where you are. Yeah, we're all set for the Origins Conference. We've got lots going on during the conference and beyond that of course.
Speaker 1: So what's the theme of the Origins What was the purpose in creating that over the as a secondary conference.
Speaker 4: Well, we originally founded it back in twenty thirteen with my good friend and colleague Andrew Collins, and we really felt that London at the time needed an ancient mysteries conference. I mean, we do Megalithumania obviously in Glastonbury every May. We want to do something towards the end of the year early November like Sam Hayn time, you know, Halloween time, and we set it up. We run it in London. London for many years really pushing back to the origins of civilization, especially because of Quebec, Lee Teppe and Carahan Tepe and things like that. But also we get into like you know, Mesolithic Paleolithic kind of theories. We have a mixture of academics and alternative researchers really just try and kind of question what was going on, you know, ten thousands or tens of thousands of years ago.
Speaker 1: Okay, give us your lineup and give us a hint as to who they are. Is Andrew Collins going to be part of the group. He's always part of it.
Speaker 4: He was part of the founding of Origins Conference, so he comes every year. And we have obviously Andrew is going to be speaking about his new book about Carahan Tepe, also some new research he's planning for a book on Stonehenge as well. And also we have Robin heath is just confirmed. He's like a prolific author from West Wales who's done some of the breakthrough stuff on the cosmology of Stonehenge and the British you know, megalithic culture, working on a geodyssey and the measurements and the remark He worked with John mish Shell as well for a very long time musil and the found one of the co founders of megalith Mania, really so delighted his company. He's also running the tour we do on the Sunday around Avebury, so obviously we've got him and Andrew the kind of keynotes. And then we have Caroline Wise. She's coming in from London. She's an expert on ancient goddess cults all around the world and she's looking going back into the Mesolithic and Paleolithic kind of goddess cults from this kind of ear especially looking at their artworks.
Speaker 1: And also have.
Speaker 4: Very special guest John F. White, who's going to be looking the very very ancient origin of mythology, going back hundreds of thousands of years in some cases. He does the Cregnford YouTube channel. He's brilliant. I mean we've been following his Me and Jay have been following his work for you for a few years and thought, God, we've got to invite him. He's perfect for origins. We've got Simon Banton coming in. He's lucky astronomer and he does all the cutting edge discoveries and research around Stonehenge and the ancient landscape of this part of the world and myself and JJ Ainsworth are going to be covering all the latest from Carahan Tepe, Beckley Teppe, the Tastebola culture. JJ is going to focus on the symbolism and the cosmology was I'm going to be looking at what was going on before go Beckley Tepe, you know, two or three thousand years leading up to when Gebecley Tepe suddenly exploded at the end of the last ice Age. Because people always say that there's such go Beckley Teppe came out of nowhere. Well we've got good evidence now with some of the sites, some of the actually visited ourselves, of a kind of progress coming up to that point through the Ice Age and then really peaking and different groups coming together at the time of Cabeckley Teppe and Carahan Tepe. So they're the main speakers. We're going to have a few other guests turning up and saying little things and yeah, it's going to be it's gonna be a good event. Live at the conference itself, you know in Pewsey Wiltshire or obviously we do you know, got it all on live stream which is archive that people can watch it as well.
Speaker 1: Okay, so if you get there in person. What is the fee and give us the web link so people can go and read more about it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, to get you know, the main conference in British pounds. This is if you just turn up, you know, you want to book a ticket to us. It's currently fifty five pounds just for the day and there's another twenty five for the tour, or we do a deal for both.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 4: The live stream is only thirty five pounds, which for those from America, and that's about forty five dollars. That's the whole day, from like ten am to seven pm.
Speaker 1: And here do they get to keep the the files for that live stream, so if they miss somebody during the speak the program, they can go back and pick it up.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's the yeah, they do. Yeah, we make it available you can watch it at your leisure anytime afterwards forever basically, so that's all covered.
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay, cool. Yeah, and I forgot that you're gonna go to Averbury the second day the tour that Negolithic say, which is very very core.
Speaker 4: Avebury is insane. I mean, for those that haven't been to Avebury, it is the largest stone circle on the planet. It's so big they've built a small town inside of it. It's the main roads going through it.
Speaker 1: It's that big.
Speaker 4: It's crazy. So what we do is, you know, it's a bit of a kind of you cooped up all day at conference, you know, an event, and this is a beautiful venue, mind you, but next day you really feel like you've got to get out stretch your legs. So we just a walking tour for like four maybe five hours, and then we you know, we all break you know, have a late lunch, hang out in the pub, and kind of enjoy the rest of the day at your leisure. So we kind of break it up one day for on talks, the next day a proper tour. But Robin heaths running the tour. So what he does he points out all the cosmology, all the astronomy, all the layout of the site, how it was designed, and the geometry and intricacies that they were working with. So we delighted he's agreed to come because he doesn't do many lectures.
Speaker 1: Now he's getting on a bit.
Speaker 4: He's just this remarkable researcher, doesn't I think it's going to be his first public lecture this year. He's a real legend in the Earth Mysteries and Ancient Mysteries Field and this part of Europe. So we're delighted is coming and we're really looking forward to spending a couple of days with him.
Speaker 1: Fantastic. So for more information go to megal Lithomania that co dot uk. All the information is listed there. If you can't get to England, the next best thing is to stream at forty five dollars is very very reasonable and you can see the origin graphic. You can click it and get all the details there. Fantastic all right, Origins November two. Check it out, all right, good luck and thanks you.
Speaker 3: Thank you, clif appreciate it.
Speaker 1: It's always good to speak to Robert Temple. We had Robert on recently to discuss the serious mystery. He's also the author of The Crystal Sun, Oracles of the Dead, and many many other books, and he has just released a new book called The Greek Pyramids, The Myth That Was Real, and I have to tell you I had a chance to read it recently and it really brings up a lot of questions about antiquity, how we review history, what is left to us in the forms of ruins, those being buildings, pyramids, structures and just how history is remembered. So Robert, great to see you again joining me.
Speaker 5: Yes, and I look forward to meeting you because I always like to go over the cliff.
Speaker 1: Exactly what was I mean this work on the Greek Pyramids took place? When when was the research begun?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 5: That was several years ago. But I have a lot of stuff that I keep trying to bring out. I write too much, And I finally got around to doing this, getting into proper form and with all the pictures organized, and because it's very heavily illustrated, with the pictures that I took on the locations, and there was a huge amount of research that was required in old publications, and I had to study the mythology very carefully and decode a lot of it. So it's a huge amount of work involved. Perhaps I should say, as we're starting to talk on that subject that some of your viewers might say Greek pyramids? What Greek pyramids? Because I mean, if surely I started the book out like this, I say, people would be inclined to say, well, look, if there are pyramids in Greece, I would have heard about it. Yeah, But because everybody knows there's no pyramids in Greece. But as I often point out, what everybody knows is usually wrong.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I want to mention to our listeners that this new book will show. We'll give links and the information on it. But Robert has actually taken excellent photographs of the remains of two of what was thought to be five original pyramids in Greece. And the photographs are excellent. I'll be posting a few of them on the Facebook page or the ancient's Facebook. But what the school back, Robert, what are the legends of pyramids in Greece. This is actually the brilliance of your research. You actually trace the various points of reference, go as far back as you can and give us a sense of when this subject first. Because you're right, and you mentioned this in the book, Pyramids in Greece seem very odd.
Speaker 5: Well. The oldest surviving published description of a Greek pyramid dates from the second century AD by the famous ancient Greek geographical writer Pausanius, And so I give the reference and I quote all that he actually saw one of them, and he said it was a perfect pyramid, and he was astonished that it was there, because he only saw the one he didn't see all five. He wasn't expecting it. Now, as you just pointed out, the ancient mythological references are very elaborate and very striking, and they're repeated by many, many, many ancient writers over and over again. This tradition that long before Glasgow, Greece in pre in what they call prehistoric Greek times, in fact, before the Greeks even reached Greece, when it was the pre Greek inhabitants who were living there, about whom we don't know very much. That people came from the coast of Egypt, from the Delta region of Egypt, and they sailed first to Rhodes as a stepping off point, and then sailed up to the Peloponnese, which is the south of Greece, and along the coast until they came to the town of Argos, which was it's described as having been ruled by a king called King Geleanor. I was able to discover that Geleanor simply means king, so he was king king. It means king in the ancient language known as Karian, And we don't know much about the Karians and the other ancient inhabitants of Greece were called the Palascians, and we don't know much about them either. But the so what happened was that, according to the mythological tale which is told over and over again, these Egyptians turned up one day with a lot of fighting men in their ships, and they landed at a place on the coast of the Peloponnese, which even today is still called Pyrama, and they conquered the kingdom of Augus. And the head of this expedition from Egypt was called Danius da a Us, who's very famous in Greek mythology, and he became king of August. But he had a brother who remained in Egypt, who was called Egyptus. Well, that kind of says it all.
Speaker 1: And so.
Speaker 5: We've now dated, as I will describe later dated the surviving pyramids, and they are indeed of the prehistoric date. We've dated them to approximately twenty five hundred BC.
Speaker 1: Which is equal to the old Kingdom in Egypt. That's that whole period. So they're very old, yes.
Speaker 5: And so I had to study all the surviving bits and pieces of the mythology, which meant a lot of very obscure Greek authors. But then I'm reading them all the time, so I already knew about them, and the the details are very precise. They even name the town that these migrants came from. They said it was Chemys. That's in Greek kh e m m i s but often spelt ch e m m i s Chemists. Now, I need to explain what it really means to come from the Delta of Egypt. At that time in history, at the time I'm speaking of in the Old Kingdom period, there were no ports on the Egyptian coast of the Mediterranean. None, And the reason for that is that the coast of each the Mediterranean coast of Egypt largely consists of what's called the delta. And the delta is all the mud that's brought down by the Nile as it empties into the sea, and it's all it was. Back then. It was completely marshy and coverd and reads, including the thing reads known as papyrus. And then there were these huge sort of saltwater lakes near the end of the delta which were almost enclosed, and just a little tiny mouth leading from the lake out into the Mediterranean. And what served as the ports for Egypt were on the coasts of the of the lakes, not on the coasts of the sea. In fact, if you were savingly long, you wouldn't even see the ports because you'd have to go through this narrow mouth into the big lake. And only once you were in the lake, which you say, oh, there's a city over there. And Chemists was the main Egyptian port of that time, in a lake on a sort of saltwater lake. And so all the details that survive in the mythology are accurate. And I published the map in the book of what was important in the Delta region of Egypt back at that time in history. And even when people were going to Egypt later on, much later in the classical period, people like Plato, for instance, were going to greet to Egypt, this is two thousand years later, they were still not really going down into Thebes and all of that. They were going to a town called Sais, which was at that time the capital of the Delta. So they weren't penetrating too far into Egypt. They weren't getting south of the Delta really most of them. A few people would get to Giza. But and for instance Herodotus, who was in the fifth century BC, he wrote his account of Egypt in which he describes the Pyramids, but he doesn't even mention the Sphinx, the reason being that the Sphinx was covered up to it's chin in sand and you can't really see it from the pyramids, and wasn't taken down there, didn't even know.
Speaker 1: It was there.
Speaker 5: So the knowledge that the Greeks had of Egypt was very limited, mostly to the Delta regions, and so these people fled Egypt and sailed out to form a colony somewhere else and ended up at Argos. And we know that it can't have been any earlier than the Fifth dynasty, but it was probably when the Old Kingdom collapsed, because for one hundred and fifty years the Old Kingdom ended with the sixth dynasty, and there was complete chaos in Egypt and famine and drought and everybody killing each other and constant warfare and destruction, and everybody wanted to get out. So makes perfect sense that the dates that we found for the two pyramids that we've dated in Greece coincide with just the period when people would want to be fleeing, And there is archaeological evidence to show that the remains archaeological remains of sixth Dynasty Egypt survive in Greece because a seal of the one of the pharaohs of the sixth dynasty was actually excavated in Greece, and I described that, which proves that there was contact between the Greeks and the Egyptians at this precise period we're talking about. That's actual hard archaeological evidence which very few people know about.
Speaker 1: So let me just quickly interrupt you for a second. Was Argos populated by Egyptians who built my pyramids?
Speaker 5: Yeah? Yeah, so that's what I'm saying. That when they conquered Argos, they brought a big crowd of people with them, and they were colonists, and they turned into a city of Egyptian migrants. And so then they built we know, at least five limestone pyramids. Now these are very modest sized pyramids. They're only thirty or forty feet high. That kind of thing still not easy to build, and built in the Egyptian political style, not in the little much later Greek polygonal style where you have the weird blocks fitting into each other kind of thing, interlocking blocks. And so why now, these pyramids were very well known in the nineteenth century they were described on the front pages of British newspapers. Many English, German and French scholars who were walked around the Peloponnese, which was then called Maria, were visiting them and describing them and publishing engravings of them and so on. And I have an engraving of one of the missing three that before it was demolished, so we have images of three of them, and all this knowledge vanished, which goes to show how bad archaeologists are at being scholars. So you see, they may be experts in the archaeology of Greece as they know it, what they don't do is go and bury their noses in the old reports, in the libraries and the archives. These Greek pyramids were extremely well known one hundred years ago in Europe and discussed constantly and a great mystery, and many people were raising the mythological issue as well in connection with them. And then it just vanishes. Everything goes becomes very fossilized and orthodox, and you can't mention anything that can't be explained, or you don't get a promotion at your university. You know, you know what academics so like, they're they're in a state of permanent terror that they won't get promoted, that they'll lose their posts, that they won't get grants.
Speaker 1: That's the worst tenure their tenureship as well.
Speaker 5: Absolutely tenure. And if they say anything that's slightly odd, all their enemies will stick all those knives in their back and they'll never get the job. So there's this terrible enforcement of a brainless conformity in the entire academic sphere. In fact less so in science, but you still get it there. And it's due to the fact that education is shrinking. There's less and less funding for or universities and for professors and so on, Fewer and fewer professors. Nobody wants to have Egyptologists anymore, and they don't want to have Greek scholars, and they don't teach Greek and Latin schools anymore. And it's all out of fashion. And and in connection with all of that happening, nobody dared to mention the Greek Pyramids in case they were thought to be crazy. Because as soon as you talk about anything, oh, you're immediately crazy, aren't you, And then you lose your job and then you finished no career, Your wife leaves you you you have to say.
Speaker 1: Sounds like a soap opera.
Speaker 5: I'm afraid that the academic world is even worse than a soap opera. It's a soap horror opera because the the duplicity and treachery in the academic world, and the and the the infighting and the way they stab each other in the back is worse than politics. But that's about that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I I want to in a minute here, I want to get to Edward Daniel Clark's work, because you really highlight him as one of the profound archaeologists who gives us really good details. But before we get to him, can you provide any reference that is discussed either as myth or legends about these five pyramids? And perhaps what isn't in the book you can provide a little further after your research in that why would they build them? Number one? Are they are they solid? Or are they like the Great Pyramids of Giza where there's inner chambers? Which is very very important for a lot of us because there's something I'm fascinated in and more importantly, and you may not be able to discuss this is are they on energetic lay lines? Which is something that's coming up more recently to lurk energy. We know that this is people who are sensitive. There's new devices that can measure this. But I don't want to get too far ahead of myself. Let's talk about the descriptions of antiquity and the purpose.
Speaker 5: Why did they do this? Why would they go to the trouble of You know, it's quite difficult. They had to make these limestone structures, and they had to know how to make them have slopes that were going up to a point. And yeah, constructing a period pyramid is not easy.
Speaker 1: And also I should mention that much of the base stones are megalithic in size several times some of that, so they're not simple easy to put together. That they take up good engineering skills.
Speaker 5: Yes, the stones get smaller the higher up you go. They're very very huge, and these are on stone bases. And so they leveled the ground and they did a nice firm flat stone bay which was the foundation, and the two that survived do have chambers inside, and I described that, and I show the photos and the diagrams. It's all very fully explained. So the question is why on Earth did they go to all this trouble? What was the motivation, and there've been all kinds of suggestions in the nineteenth century as to what they were for. It was very soon rejected the idea that they could possibly be tombs because that didn't make any sense. And then it was suggested that they are military guard posts, but of course they've got no windows and they're facing the wrong way so you couldn't see anybody coming anyway, so that didn't work. And there are a few archaeologists who are so fantastically stupid that they said that they were farm buildings. Can you imagine building a forty foot high limestone pyramid to put your hay in? It's completely crazy, And so I joke in my book, because I live in the countryside in England, I think I'm going to go tell all my farmer neighbors who are all around me, you're doing anything wrong. Guys. All those hay barns you've got forget it. What you all really need is forty foot high limestone pyramids. And if you don't do that, you're just not in the swing. So of course all these ridiculous ideas have come up of farm buildings as the most ridiculous. I also discovered by the way, although I have not been there to inspect them, and nobody's going to do it anytime soon, is that there are four the remains of four of them in the Crimea. It seems that these Egyptians went up into the Black Sea, and we do know that they did because Herodotus specifically since that they went to the Black Sea all the time, and they even went as far as the eastern end of it, which is called Georgia today. Anyway, that's another issue. But the why would they build these pyramids and go to all that trouble, Well, I think there are two reasons. One is the psychological reason of them being a statement this is who we are and this is where we come from, and this is our symbol. We stand for pyramids, and they're they're doing many replicas of what they remember from home, and it's like it's like the international flag. But the other thing is they did have a practical use in that they were useful if you were sailing, you could see them, and for instance, they tended to be at key points and they're also always near springs.
Speaker 1: We're going to take a short commercial break to allow our sponsors to identify themselves and we will return shortly with my guest today Robert Temple discussing his his newest book, The Greek Pyramids, The Myth That Was Real, will be right back. My guest today is Professor Robert Temple, who has written a new book called The Greek Pyramids, The Myth That Was Real. His research, his augmentation takes us back to the old Kingdom of Egypt and the group of Egyptians who actually migrated to Greece. So they're not clustered together as what you've discovered. They weren't like in a grouping. They were spread over landscape.
Speaker 5: They're all separate from one another across the landscape, and so you ask about lay lines, and this is what I haven't done or been able to do, is to do proper links between them geodetically and to see how they connect on maps and study the configurations. This is what I haven't done in that I in my book, I urge people to try and do that. Okay, there's been some work done on one of them in terms of its astronomical orientation, and we because it has a door that's open towards the sea, because it's on a hill and you can look out and you can see just below you in the distance is the town of Argos and then the sea, and that is not oriented towards a sunrise or a sunset, or a moon standing still point or anything like that. It seems to be a stellar orientation of some kind. But this has not been fully worked out. So basically, I've gathered all the evidence to show, first of all that these things exist. I've come up with what I think are sensible suggestions about why they were built. I've decoded and pieced together all the bits and pieces of all the mythological lure to make sense, and combined it with the archaeological knowledge that we have that touches upon it, and put all that together and close it a lot of authorities, and it's basically, I'm like somebody who has made a coat out of a patchwork and it looks nice, what you could call a harlequin design, Okay, but it works. It is a picture. It's a very colorful picture. And it's not just connected with the town of Argos. It's connected also with the the fortified city of Tyrans, which was which is well known from the age of the Trojan War, and because the archives who came from Argos were also from Tyrance, and they went off to fight in Troy. But this is a thousand years later. And also there's a prehistoric site that's very mysterious in the territory of Argos, which, as it happens, I wrote about in a previous book, the one called the Crystal Sun, before I knew really about the Greek Pyramids. That book came out in the year two thousand and In it I talk about this mysterious place called Learner ellie R in a Now Learner is really bizarre. It's it's been fully excavated and dated to what they call Late Helladic two and we and then that's more or less the same time as we've dated these pyramids too, and it's it's got all kinds of mysterious things attached to it, but primarily it's important in mythology. It's the site of one of the key labors of Hercules, his second labor you know he had. He was given twelve labors that he had to do, and the second one took place at Lerna. And most people don't know where Learner is or what it means, because there that's where the hydro was. You cut off ahead, and two more grew in his place. You know the story of the Hydra, And I've explained the whole myth of the Hydra, which was all Learner, and it was all happening at the same time as these pyramids were being built and the Egyptians were there. I put the whole story together. And there is a sort of bottomless lake there. The Emperor Nero had a fixation on the place and he was determined to get to the bottom of it, literally, and he got these huge weighted cables and took a sort of small army with him to this site because he said, there can't be a bottomless lake. It's got to be a bottom. And he kept putting the cables down, the cables down, and the ropes down with lead weights, and he never did get to the bottom. And so that kind of drove me mad. Maybe that's why he burnt room down. But it's a place that's driven people man from time to time. This mysterious place called Lerna, and it had it was said to be the abode of witches and spirits, and they had weird ceremonies in the middle of the night there, mystical ceremonies where they blue horns in classical times to make the god Dionysius rise from the dead, which he was meant to do by coming up out of the water of this bottomless lake. There are so many weird stories in this book, and I've shown how they all relate to one another, and they all substantiate one another, and it's all to do with this fact that these Egyptian colonists came, and this the memory of them was preserved, even though they were a thousand years before the children wore.
Speaker 1: Yeah, let me ask you are has anyone done any cosmological studies to see if these pyramids line up with a certain constellation similar to the Orion constellation we see at Giza.
Speaker 5: Yes, my friend Joannis, who will talk about a bit later, who has the dating technique, and he did the dating thought that the one that I was just mentioning where you can look out to see was oriented to one of the stars in Orion's belt.
Speaker 1: Okay, so that's important to know that these are just not randomly placed in argos. They're actually thought out, well thought out.
Speaker 5: Oh very well thought out, incredibly well planned, and you can't build a structure like that without knowing what you're doing, although I do criticize the roughness of some of the stonework, because the architects were thorough professionals who were doing all this, but they were relying to a certain extent on local labor, and they didn't have the expert stone masons obviously that existed back home in Egypt. But they did the best they could in terms of that. But they managed. And there's no cement. This is all dry stone.
Speaker 1: There's no mortar or any of them. It's it's stone against stone, which is extremely difficult.
Speaker 5: Very difficult. No motar at all. Now there was there was some mortar smeared into bits of them much later on, because there were people squatting inside these pyramids, and and and they even dragged a grindstone in there. The people were living in them, squatting throughout the centuries, and in fact, until the ninth about the eighteen seventies, basically all five of them were more or less still in existence. Certainly the three of them were pretty much complete. And what's happened is that the local farmers as soon as the Turks lost control of Greece and it became independent, and the Turkish people soldiers weren't going around and shooting if you did their own thing. The farmers were free to gamble about the local farmers, I mean, and do as they wished instead that one of the first things they did was pulled down these pyramids and reuse the stone for their own constructions, or burned them for lime, to make lime from the limestone. So this is why this huge destruction took place. But I have an image of one of the three lost pyramids that was still in existence in the eighteen seventies, but it's completely gone now, although we know it was.
Speaker 1: Yeah, let's talk about Edward Daniel Clark, who in eighteen eighteen did some very basic excavation and came up with a description that you figured in his in his analysis of this structures.
Speaker 5: Go ahead, Well, Clark was one of the greatest of the nineteenth century travelers, and he was very intrepid, and at the time he was tramping through the Peloponnese, it was totally wild and there were lots of bandits who would attack you and rob you, and it was quite perilous, and so you had to be quite tough, and you had to have your guns with you. And in fact, I don't know what it was. Clark or one of the others actually speaks of taking a break from ruin hunting to go quail shooting in the marshes. You know, they were they were hunting game to eat on their tracks through the wilderness of Greece because you know, the Turks had only recently been thrown out, so that it was possible to get about, but there wasn't much to see. That was because everybody was in sort of shacks because they were oppressed by the Turks, you see.
Speaker 1: And.
Speaker 5: So these travelers weren't interested so much in the towns. They were exploring, for what was in fact, the very first time in what we could call modern times, exploring the terrain of Greek And they all carried with them their copies of Paulsenius, the man I mentioned earlier who described one of the pyramids in the second century AD, because Paulsenius is brilliant, and they all had their copies of Pausenius with them, and of course they could all read fluent ancient Greek, so they didn't need to need translations, and they they actually quote Paulsenius as they go around. They say, oh, well, we found the thing he mentions there, and he's their guidebook, even though he's seventeen hundred years earlier than them, but it's the only guidebook they have. And they're basically writing these very detailed reports on the topography and terrain of these wild places in Greece, which are so much of which are still wild today, although much less vegetation because the goats eat everything, as you know, and there's too many goats in Greece. But they they left these very detailed records, and they came across these pyramids, and they discussed them at length, and the Germans were doing a lot of that, and so I had to translate all the German stuff, and I criticized some of the early scholars because they, for instance, there was one German who wrote a detailed description of one of the pyramids, and he's he's always listed in their footnotes, but nobody ever quotes him. And that's because they either couldn't read German or couldn't be bothered to try and read the German. And so what I've done with him is I've I've published the entire thing that he wrote in German, I translated into English, and I put it as an appendix, and I pointed out that if the guys that were putting him in their footnotes had actually read what he said, they would know that some of the things they were speculating about weren't you, because the already disproved them. But they didn't know that because they couldn't read couldn't read the Germans. So it was very time consuming. And Clark published many volumes of his travels in Greece and in several editions, and I had to get I think it was volume three or was it volume six, something like that. It's all in the book, and I had to get a certain edition. And because he then he moves on, you see minions having the other volumes because there won't be any pyramids because he's already left the territory of Argos by then. And all the references of the early scholars are very brief. They give only surnames, they don't give any first names, So you have to do a lot of research to find out, well, who is this guy, for instance, And then you get a footnote says Clark, and you have to find out what which Clark is he talking about. I had to discover Clark.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he did a lot of he did a lot of research.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and so in my book I give the complete, full names and full dates of everybody that ever discussed the Greek pyramids, whereas that was completely unavailable before, and it took me forever to find them, especially with some of the Germans. Some of those German scholars are very obscure and you don't necessarily come up with them on well, they wouldn't be listed on Wikipedia, and it's hard to find them on the indet because the Internet is English language biased. As you know. It's also full of errors. I mean, never rely upon Wikipedia for anything because they make so many mistakes and they're very complete. In fact, I have a very low opinion of them, but they are useful for a lot of basic information. So it was it was very difficult, and I had to spend a lot of time in the British Library hunting down these guys. So you get a whole list, you might have one hundred and fifty guys with that same surname, and you have to look at every entry to find the word Greece in there somewhere, and then you have to order the books and wait for them, and you can only get so many of the time. It takes absolutely forever to put these pieces of jigsaw together.
Speaker 1: Is that how you found Theodore Wigan the guy again?
Speaker 5: Yeah, he's the guy that they never bothered to read.
Speaker 1: Well, t I want you to talk about him because he actually excavated one of the pyramids, Cafalari, the Caffilari Pyramids, which is one of the names for these Egyptian pyramids in nineteen oh one.
Speaker 5: Yes, and he actually came up.
Speaker 1: With in your and you write about this what he believed was the purpose.
Speaker 5: Yeah, we'll talk about him. So first of all, I'll show you. This is the front of the book, which is the Pyramids, and Appendix two at the back is my translation of the Complete Account of the Pyramids by Vgon, Yeah, in English for the very first time. And so, as you said, he is full of information, but information that until I translated it, nobody in the English language ever bothered to read, including all the people who are supposedly making very clever remarks about the Greek Pyramids. But they hadn't read Vegon, which but even though they put him in their footnotes to make it look as if they at least they knew he existed. Yeah, And pretend that they'd read him, but in fact they hadn't read him. This is very common in scholarship that you stick people in your footnotes to impress your readers, to show how learned you are, but in fact you haven't read all that stuff. You're just sticking. It's a way of puffing up your feathers, you know, as if you're a mating pigeon or something.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but anyhow, Theodore Wygan.
Speaker 5: Determined you pronounced the W like a V, as in.
Speaker 1: Vogner, Oh, veg Gland Vegan vegan.
Speaker 5: Yeah, because you see the Germans they say Wagner, not Wagner.
Speaker 1: Okay, you're right. I should have realized that. But anyhow, he actually determines that the stone the face of these pyramids there is actual limestone, which is very important because that's exactly what the Giza is. But talk a little bit about what he excavated and his his uh, and this is in nineteen one the country.
Speaker 5: Yes.
Speaker 1: Uh, he actually determines the what he thinks is a hypothetical purpose.
Speaker 5: Yes. Well, he gives a very detailed description of them, of this one, the one that call that I should say that the pyramid of Kevlari also has a couple of other names. It's also called the Hellenicon pyramid. But because it's near the spring, the sacred spring of Kevlari, which is in a cave within walking distance, which none of these people I ever mentioned. But I went to that cave and saw the spring, and I and I thought, well, it's quite clear that these pyramids are always built somewhere near a sacred spring, which was a very common sort of thing to do back then. Now he says, he gives these descriptions, and then he says this shape was not unique in the are. That's the region of Argos, another slanted tower. In other words, pyramids stood on the pass between Epidaurus and Nauplia. They say Epidavrus. Now that's where the great amphitheater is, and people used to go there for medical treatments. I don't want to get too technical, but people who know about Greece will have been there to Epidavorus as the modern Greeks pronounce it, because modern Greek doesn't sound at all like ancient Greek, and so it's a bit confusing there.
Speaker 3: But the.
Speaker 5: And so the slopes are particularly useful with thick walls. When these have been raised without mortar as so called drywalls. So he's calling attention to this and the tower of Cankrei, which is what he calls the Kapilari Pyramid, shows a strange mixture of mortar and drywall. But what he didn't know and was later proved, is that the mortar that he found inside the pyramid was smeared in thereby laser squatters. You have to read all the accounts in order to find they keep disproving one another. But he says today the ruin is called helen Helenico, which you know the Hellenican Pyramid or Kefalari Pyramid is the same one, and it lies above the deeply cut bed of the river Camaros at the bottom of the foothills of Catania Mountains, two to three kilometers southwest of Mealy Cavalari. That's that's the Kefilari spring that I mentioned in the cave. The building rises up on a vertical plint which reaches the height of one point six five meters at the northwest corner. So the vertical plint is this stone base that's been made of carved in the stone to be the flat base. And he's measured that, and and then he finds out and the southeast corner is cut out vertically for a door, the stone threshold of which is lying smashed to bits in front of the eastern side. The right wall of the door shows two indentations for the wooden frame, and at the bottom points of the corbol there is one cut out each to receive either side of the lintel. Imagine having to translate this stuff. It's very technical architectural terminology. Via a corridor, One then reaches the second door at the left side of which I found four bolt holes. He's very methodical, and one now enters a seven meter square room. Seven meters that's about twenty yards square. One notices that here treasure hunters have dug superficially. A big smashed millstone of breccia is lying in the middle. Furthermore, one can see the remnants of thin partition walls which have been erected on the earth at the same level with the door threshold, made of broken rocks and poor mortar, which Ross, who was an earlier writer, was not able to see because they were covered in rubble. And so they're all trying their best to figure it out. These weird structs.
Speaker 1: We're going to take another commercial break to allow our sponsors to identify themselves, and we will return shortly with my guest today, Professor Robert Temple, discussing his newest book, The Greek Pyramids, The Myth That Was Real. We will return shortly. My guess is Robert Temple, who has written a new book called The Greek Pyramids, The Myth That Was Real, and we're learning about his own personal research as well as a history of chronicled sightings of these pyramids throughout the Great Ages, and there's no hieroglyphics that he discovers on any portion of the interior or exterior.
Speaker 5: No, but don't forgat that we've dated these to the Old Kingdom period and there were the up until through the end of the Fourth dynasty, they never had hieroglyphic The fifth and sixth dynasties did have in the pyramid texts at at Giza, I mean at Sakara, but there are no no hieroglyphic inscriptions known. But there's a huge mass of hieroglyphic inscribed material from later days found all over the Greek islands, in the Greek mainland masses and masses of broken Egyptian pots and all sorts of things with hieroglyphs on to show the extent of the trade that was taking place in later periods.
Speaker 1: I'm curious about this, Robert, because Vegan sounds very methodical in his description in his excavations. Wouldn't he have foraged through the outer air is and maybe there's pot shards that have an Egyptian marks on them, or you know, perhaps vases that are reminiscent of the Egyptian style at that time.
Speaker 5: Well, this is a very important point. Now there's a huge amount of later broken stuff relying around, because after all, we're talking about things that were built four and a half thousand years ago. Yeah, there's all kinds of stuff on the surface. Now, what one of them did describe, I'm trying to remember which one of these guys did describe discover it was later than Clark and Begone that there are remnants down below the Keppellaria Pyramid. There's a kind of big terrace area remnants of prehistoric buildings there which have never been excavated. And nearby, if you go down into the river valley, there is an ancient tower there which could even have been another pyramid for all we know. They found the base of it, but these things were all overgrown with brush and you couldn't even see them unless you cleared away all the vegetation. It's a bit like not quite as jungly as, but similar to the situation in Mexico and Guatemala with the Mayan ruins, that you could see pyramidal shapes, but you didn't know what was under all those vines. And I mean, obviously Greece is not a jungle, but you still had all these weeds and plants and vegetation covering everything, and nobody's done anything about it since we were there. To my knowledge, they should see. The Greeks don't have any money. I know this because I did some work at Delphi. I've discovered the original site of the town of Delphi, the prehistoric site, and I paid for some Greeks to do trial excavations which confirmed it. But I wanted to do a full excavation of the site because it was a town. It had been sought for two hundred years and I was able to find that and it goes back to twenty two hundred BC. And when I was talking to the Greeks, the Greek archaeologists, about what to do. They said, well, you know, we don't have any money we in Greece, because Greece is always on the verge of bankruptcy. And as a country, well, it was made much worse by the punishment they got from the European Union. But they don't want to get into politics. But they suffered greatly because of that, because of being forced to adopt the Euro which is no good for the southern European countries. But that's an issue, it's political, and I shouldn't even be talking about such things which which are only to do with today. But the thing is that the Greeks cannot fund excavations. They rely upon foreign sources of funds. So there's a British school at Athens, of which I'm a member, and then it was an American school and a French school, and I think a German school. And but you know, all that, all that funding keeps drying up because nobody cares anymore. Uh, we've all become barbarians. And and also there's this crazy movement to destroy Western tradition because it's considered equal. Somehow, I suppose that before long Plato will be accused of having been a slave traders of Barbados or some that's it's become sub ridiculous. But there's a foot in the academic world to stop anybody looking into European tradition and history and culture. And they say it's it's all it's too white and uh and that white is no good and therefore Plato's no good. You don't want to read him because he was he was a white male, you know, m hm. I mean, this is what's going on. So there's no money anymore to do anything, and so a lot of stuff doesn't get done. It's obvious that the area around, especially the cavalarip here, and that where we have already proved that structures exist underground, need to be excavated.
Speaker 1: And are you saying there's structures underneath this pyramids.
Speaker 5: Not underneath the pyramid, but underneath the ground around the pyramid.
Speaker 1: Around it all fascinating, So there could be a tunnel system or something.
Speaker 5: Well, a whole settlement that obviously it was an important site and there were structures where people presumably could live.
Speaker 1: So when you were there were there foundations or anything that looked like there was the buildings that were nearby.
Speaker 5: Well, I didn't examine those areas in detail personally, but my colleague Johannis has done so, and some of these Greek colleagues Greek archaeologists, and they have found definite traces of what are probably prehistoric buildings in the immediate vicinity of that pyramid. Oh my god, I can see below it. But nobody's done anything about it because no money.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I hear you. Hey, As we close, Robert, I'd like you to describe the dating technique that was used on stone. And it's known as thermal luminescence, and this is something that is being used more and more by archaeologists. But if you could give us a brief explanation, because you actually know the inventor, who I didn't realize was a physicist, and who developed this dating technique. Is it about twenty years old now?
Speaker 5: Oh? Yes, more like twenty five. Okay, so it's not. There's a slight confusion because the technique known as thermoluminescence has existed for many, many decades and is used on pottery. His technique is called optical thermoluminescence. So I'll explain what that means, Okay, He was originally a nuclear physicist, and that's how he was able to come up with this technique because he knew enough about physics, and he then switched. He became so interested in archaeology he became an archaeometrist, which means archaeometrist, that means the measurement of antiquity of things. It's, in other words, a dating expert. And he knows all about carbon fourteen and all the usual forms. But he invented this special form called optical thermoluminescence, which makes it possible to date some stone structures directly. And so this is how it works. I'll give you the very simple explanation. Limestone is basically crystalline. And as you have a limestone structure, or if you have limestone sitting in the ground, let's say, and you dig into the ground and you cut out some blocks of limestone and lift them up out of the ground, they are exposed to the sun and that does what he calls bleaching, because when limestone's in the ground, the crystalline structure of the limestone has what are called electron hole which get filled up by electrons. These are very seriously microscopic things. You can't see them with the eye, and so all these electron holes are full of electrons. But when you pull the limestone up and expose it to the sun, the sun bleaches it and all the electrons are lost. So you got the holes. And then if you use that limestone block to put it into a structure, you're covering it up again, which means it can't be bleached anymore because the sun's no longer shining on it. And then it starts to get more electrons slowly back into the holes again over the course of the centuries. And so he could take a sample of the join between two blocks of limestone, very tiny sample, only that big, and put it immediately in the black plastic bag so there's no light exposure to it, take it back to a lab and out the electrons as it were, and based upon the count, he can then use that as a clock. So when the limestone is bleached by the sun, that's like putting the stone clock to zero. Sitting the clock to zero, you put it in the building and starts that time goes by and it gets more and more full of electrons. You count the amount of the electrons, and then then you can measure the amount of years it's been doing that, and he was able.
Speaker 1: To actually determine that these Greek pyramids were dated around the Old Kingdom around twenty five hundred BCD or BCE. That's right, Yeah, just fascinating.
Speaker 5: Well, you know, there aren't that many prehistoric structures in Greece, and I've studied other Preistaric structures in Greece. For instance, at Dealthy, I now know how to recognize a preastark wall, and we did trial excavation of a prehistoric house that was at this town. I discovered in Delphi further up the mountain, and so I'm familiar with prehistoric stone work, and it doesn't remotely resemble these pyramids, because these pyramids are done by people who want to do pyramids, and it was only in the territory of August that they were ever built. Otherwise prehistoric stone work was none at all like that. And I also show in the book that the strange polygonal structure of the stones, the way they fit into each other, is not like what they call Greek polygonal, which is a bit like that, but it's very very similar to Egyptian political of the Old polygonal of the Old Kingdom, and I show photographs that I took up the Valley Temple at Giza with the same kind of patterns of stone polygonal construction, side by side with the photographs of these Greek pyramids, and you can see it's the same technique, just not so brilliantly carried out in Greece because they didn't have enough masons.
Speaker 1: Okay, fantastic. The books called the Greek Pyramids the myth that was real, I guess today has been Professor Robert Temple.
Speaker 5: How can people, let me just say how they can get the book?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I was going to ask him, ask you is it on Amazon? How can they get it?
Speaker 5: Well, officially it's published on this side of the Atlantic on October sixteenth. It's listed on British, French and German Amazon. It's not yet listed on American Amazon. But I can make a special offer to your viewers, Cliff out of friendship to you that if they want to order it from the publishing website itself directly, I will sign the copies and they can have pre publication copies one month before it's even published in England, where it's originating. It will come to America later, because I've got The publishing company has a distributor called Cardinal Publishing Group, and then it will feed its way onto American Amazon and Barnes and Noble and so on, but not at first, and you can you can't even order it from British Amazon for another month, but you can order it directly from the publishing website. So I should say the publisher's name is Egglantine Books. Now egglund Tinne is a wild rose and a great favorite of Shakespeare. And it's the only roads with aromatic leaves and if you crush them they smell of apples, and it's a wonderful plant. And so the book the publisher is called Eglantine Books, and it's spelled e g l a n egglan tyme t y n e egglen Tine books. So if you go to www dot Egglantine book dot com you can order the Greek Pyramids directly. A bit of postage is added, but the book is very inexpensive, and it's uh it's paperback, a large, larger format like that, and uh, and I will I will sign those copies and these would be only for your viewers to have prep publications signed copies before anybody else.
Speaker 1: So if they order it this is this is Arion Saturday. So if they order it the end of the day this Saturday, what would be the timeframe that they would actually physically get the book? Would you guess?
Speaker 5: Well, it depends how many of there are. I have a certain number of copies. I'm in at my house in the country, not going up to London the media I have. I have a stack of twenty of them here. Oh okay, and there's more in London in my office. I go back and between the country and the office all the time.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 5: Just think that people offices in New York, in Manhattan, and then they go back to the house in Connecticut.
Speaker 1: Yeah. For those of you listening, this is a very rare book, simply because Robert is very insistent in high quality photographs, and I will say that the photographs are excellent. I will actually have a small gallery. Robert has granted me permission to use a number of these photographs that he has in this new book, and you can see them on Facebook. Go to Facebook, go to Earth Agents. It'll be on both the international page and the group page. So look forward to those. The Greek pyramids, the myth that was real. Robert as always a great pleasure having you on the program, and I look forward to seeing you again real soon.
Speaker 5: Thanks a lot, Cliff, It's always great fun being with you.
Speaker 1: I've had a chance to review the photographs from this new book by Robert Temple, and they are not only very clear, but there's a lot more research that needs to be done. Not only are these megalithic size based stones, but as Robert mentioned, someone needs to do some ground penetrating radar, perhaps some light art scants of that area, because it looks like there could be other dwellings that are surrounding the pyramid. Well, no until someone does some work on there. Fascinating idea, and I you know, his thinking is that these were markers to identify the Argos area as Egyptian and Egyptian settlement. I don't know about that. I mean, you know, we're beginning to find as we look into subtle energy, toleric energy, that a lot of these, especially at Giza, these pyramids are sitting on lay lines. Now, I'm not saying that these these Greek pair is are machines, but they could have been certain types of communication devices. They could have been. I think he mentioned that they follow the pattern of a constellation. You know, these Greeks, these Egyptians were extremely bright. And if it's Old Kingdom, that's carrying over pre dynastic technology into the Dynastic period, and that is highly, highly technical, and I think it'd be great as someone went out to these pyramids and did some field testing with magnometers or scanning devices to determine if they're sitting on lay lines. That's just a thought, but what a fascinating topic. He's got another book on Odysseus that we're gonna bring up, and also in the early part of twenty twenty five, he's releasing a new version, an updated version on the sphinxmeness history and he has chronicled years of documentation throughout thousands of and I should says hundreds of people who have walked inside the Sphinx and walked into these tunnel systems. Remember we had William Brown on the program who did surface scans, ground penetrating radar as well as some other scanning technology and discovered significant tunnel systems underneath these Sphinx and the Giza Plateau, and that in the northern region there's an actual temple that is buried and he's been unable to get the authorities to consider digging or even looking for it. But yeah, we had William On a few months ago. So all these ancient technologies come on to bear when you start using scanning technology that can pick up frequencies. So something to think about. Hey, we're coming into the fall and we have one more visit that we are scheduled to do. That's the Sacred Temples of Mexico. That is November eighth to the fifteenth to the seventeenth. For all the details, go to Earth Ancients dot com forward slash tours t O U R S. This is a good one because we're going to see all these sacred sites. Many of these pyramids sit on to lyric fields, geomagnetic faults and they are active. So as we climb these pyramids, and we will be doing some climbing, we will fill these energies. This is a chance to see some of the most noted pyramidal structures in the Yucatan Peninsula attributed to the Maya, and we'll see places like Ushmoh, the fabulous Chichinitza, Ekbalam Mayapan, Sayil Lobna and many others for during the week, so we're really gonna pack it in. These are fairly close by, so we'll bust to these locations and it's gonna be a great deal of fun. For more information and all the details, go to earth Agents dot com forward Slash Tours and check it out. Any questions whatsoever, send me an email. Send it to Earth Ancients the number four of the letter you at gmail dot com and I'll get right back to you. All right, that's it for this program. I want to thank my guest today, Robert Temple, coming to us from England. As always, the team of Gail Tour, Mark Foster and everyone who makes this thing happen. You guys rock, all right, take care, be well, and we will talk to you next time. A