Speaker 1: The show has begun since your phases the fun You Galty, Full Trip Trip Trip Trips and in DC with Corridome, It's the d Conchamber. Ladies and gentlemen, boys and girls, trekkies and trekkers, Welcome back to a very special episode of the Decon Chamber. I am your co host, Dominic keating joint as always with my bestie mister Connor Treneer, my fellow co host.
Speaker 2: In the house.
Speaker 1: We're so pleased to have in the Chamber today, mister Vince Dedrick Junior. He's a second generation stunt performer, following his father, Vince Dedrick Senor into film and TV. He's now a titan of the industry with over fifty years working an acclaimed stunt coordinator, actor, producer, director, and even writer. Now Connor and I know him best of all as the stunt coordinator on all four seasons of Enterprise, where he also served as primary stunt double for our captain mister Scott Bakula. Among his many distinctions, He's also doubled Jeff Bridges in dozens of films. He's well known for his incredible stunt work on films like Sir Romancing, The Stone, Heat Titanic, The Big Lebowski, and Iron Man. On the TV screen, You've seen him in Buffy, Babylon five, and of course Maguiver to name it a few. Literally, his credits number in the hundreds. He's been nominated three times for Primetime Emmy Awards, including one for two episodes of our show Enterprise in season four. I think that was Borderland and Cold Station twelve if I'm not mistaken. He got a SAG nomination for Iron Man three and has won of Children of Family Emmy Award for his stunt coordination on the show Danger Force. His series Donn on the Go, which I did not know about, for which he served as director, producer and writer, has picked up several awards across the festival circuit, and just recently his dedicated years of work in the stunt industry, He's just become an inductee into the Gold Circle of the twenty twenty six Children of Family Emmy Awards. He's meant to subsequent generations of stunt performers who are sure to carry on his wisdom. Don't bump into the furniture, mate, it is to come. Please give a very warm welcome to mister Vince Dedrick Junior. Yes, there you are.
Speaker 2: Mates. Wow, that was a great lead in. Wow, that's a lead in.
Speaker 3: It's such a thrill to talk to you again and to talk about your work with not only us, but all of the things.
Speaker 4: You've done throughout your career.
Speaker 3: And look, I mean I looked you up, I did some research. Good god, man, do you ever well you're sitting now.
Speaker 2: I'm sitting. Yeah, I'm resting now. It's been a now, but not I've started to rest a lot more about last year and a half. Yeah, this fifty two years I think. I don't know if you've heard, but I was on the on The Happy Day Show the first season as an extra. I did background crosses. And that show is a single camera show that was back in seventy three, and that's where it kind of started.
Speaker 1: So your dad, Vince Fedrick, was obviously a stunt man. How let's start there, I mean, how did he It takes a certain you know, let's face it, a certain human being that goes, yeah, I don't want to.
Speaker 2: Do Yeah, I'll give you the short story. He worked at Groman. It's an aeronautical industry growman whatever it's called. And he's doing nights. He couldn't stand it, and he looked in the newspaper that's what that was before the Internet, and he saw something for some grips and electricians over at MGM Studios. They are looking for it. So he went down there to apply to do something different, and he saw all these marines down at the end of the block there. He said, Hey, I just got out of the Marines. I'd loved it. What were these guys doing. Oh, they're signing up for doing extra work. What's extra work? And that's how it kind of started. He went down there because he was a marine and just knew the talk. He got in there and that's when he started doing extra work and worked his way up from there into stunt work, working with the guys. I you may remember how I need him those guys when how it was just getting started working out on weekends, and because he loved seeing the stunts on the shows, and back then it was a lot of Westerns. He's sort of like the late fifth mid to late fifties, so it's nothing but Westerns. And he didn't know how to ride a horse, so he learned how to ride a horse, and that's how he got with McQueen. He got a job to just work on the show as a background, one of the backgrounds, and the ad came up to him and looked him up and down said, hey, can you ride? He said, oh, like the win. He said, I'm going to have you put on Josh Randall's outfit, which was Steve McQueen, and he did some writing on the show. Steve and my dad hit it off because Steve was an ext marine, came from a broken home, my dad came from a broken home. They were best friends for seven years and they did a lot of shows together and that's where it kind of all started with him.
Speaker 4: That's amazing. I have to say this.
Speaker 3: I was looking you up and I looked through your Instagram and there's this post that you sent out where you and your pops are working on a fight scene and halfway through your dad stops and then you go through it again and then he clocks it.
Speaker 4: You can even hear it.
Speaker 2: Oh God, Jesus Christ. Oh it's a nice sound. It's a great time. I thought my tooth came through my lip because it was a good hit and not due to the ground. Yeah, it was an uppercut, you know, Dad was in his seventies at that point, and I was doing a Sony commercial and I came he goes not too far from me, and I said, hey, Dad, I got to work on some Koreo. Can you help me? I said, okay, I'm a little tired, but okay, And so of course, you know when you're tired, you wanted to throw punches all. You know, we had done it a few times and he clocked me. Good.
Speaker 3: Yeah, really pretty beautiful thing about that scene, I'll call it moment, is that you know, after that you've got to you know, tissue on your lip, and then you are just talking to your dad. You know, he's like, the last time that happened, he broke somebody's nose.
Speaker 2: To double uh uh Kirk Douglas and he broke his nose real bad on a show. And yeah, so he'd only broken or hit two people. My me, what's funny we forgot that the camera is still rolling and you see all this stuff in the background.
Speaker 3: I have to say that, Vince, one of the most beautiful things I've seen in a while is that you're chatting about it and like, you know, and then what does he say, like, you know, yeah, I got you good, and he was like, yeah, don't piss me off.
Speaker 2: But I went down pretty quick. You went down like a rock.
Speaker 1: A lot of blood, Yeah, a lot of blood.
Speaker 2: Don't piss me off. And then you I love you, I love you. I love you.
Speaker 4: Yeah, he says, I love you.
Speaker 3: And the way in which you said it to each other, I mean just just really made my heart swell.
Speaker 2: Yeah. He wasn't one to use that too much and he didn't say it much. But I got it on video and that's the first first one. And I'm glad, you know, but it took me hit and hit to get that on video. Yeah, so you did you?
Speaker 1: I mean, as a kid, did you get to go to set and see him in action? And is that what you got the bug?
Speaker 2: I got the bug? Yeah. I used to watch him in the backyard do fights and choreograph fights. That's when they, you know, do it in the backyard. Today they do it and big warehouses with cardboard boxes. But my dad and a buddy of his I can't remember his name, would just fight all the time, and and uh, it was so funny. One time one of the neighbors thought they were really fighting and called the police and the police came down and they were just throwing you know, fake punches, what have you. But I, you know, lift it. I was around it. We had Lee Majors who was just getting started on Big Valley, was hungry all the time, didn't have any money. He came over to our house all the time for dinner. His dad was doubling him on Big Valley, and so I saw that. But I think of what got me is he did bring me to the set a few times and I saw him do a big fight on Big Valley, and I thought that was great. And what I loved about is at the end, all the people behind the camera clapped and that was fantastic, and I was, you know, I swelled my chest. I'm nine years old, and I thought, wow, that's that's my dad. So that was pretty cool, and that's how it kind of got started. But I didn't think I could ever do it because my dad was a tough son of a gun, and I wasn't tough. I was nowhere near as tough as him. My kids had a broken home, a marine. He had a tough life, and he was he was known to the beliefe. He used to steal hubcaps. He was he was a rough kid. Oh yeah, he was a rough but.
Speaker 1: My Ryan thinking you were born in Hawaii.
Speaker 2: Yeah, my dad was stationed at Kanyee and I was born in Hawaii. So I still see that house every time we go there on vacation. I go to Kanyeoe and that house is still there. It's a little cottage. And it's so funny because my dad and I were working on a show down there once. He took me there. He said, because it's a two, it's a like a condo, an A, a unit and a B.
Speaker 1: Is it.
Speaker 2: Well, over here you were conceived and over here you were born units.
Speaker 1: That's say that, Vince.
Speaker 3: How does it work? How do you like sow for instance? You know, yeah, can you ride a horse? Actors are always like, well horse and you go, hell yeah. One of the reality is is that in your business you've got to actually do some serious things with stunts, yes, cars, what have you? What what gets one into it and what does it take to be able to survive the business?
Speaker 2: Well, that's a good question. Today I have no idea how they're doing it. But back in my day, how we did it was we just uh, we would trained with friends or they had some stunt schools back then, and you would train and then you take pictures of yourself doing a high fall or doing some sword work or on fire, and you'd have your composite and eight by ten your face shot on one side and you're all your action on the other, and you go hustle the studios and go to the stunt coordinators that are running shows. And back then you literally had to jump over the fences at like universal sneak in to get your pictures to the coordinators. And that's how you got recognized and known, and they wouldn't take just everybody had to have word of mouth too, like other stunt guys would say, oh yeah, that guy's good, that kid's good, he's up and coming. And you have to train. You just got to do all your training and today.
Speaker 4: Does a good mean like they'll do anything.
Speaker 3: I mean, I remember I was looking at your on the information about you, like somebody said to you, hey, we're gonna send a car down an eighty foot fall and going to be on either side, and you went, hell, yeah.
Speaker 2: Jump, oh yeah. I was very excited about that because I was I was okay with heights. I had never taken a car off a waterfall with right next to me. We literally Terry Leonard and I were on each side of the car and wrote the car was on a ramp and it looked like it was floating and going off the eighty footer, but it was actually on a ramp that you don't see. And we had little pigs made on each side of the car and we were standing on those, and as the car hit the end of the of the waterfall, we actually chumped off and went with it all the way down. But yeah, I mean it was exciting. I was twenty seven, I think I was. Really I had five years in the business as a professional stunt man, and I said to do a stunt with a legend like Terry Leonard, Hell yeah, yes, and I I was game for it.
Speaker 4: It's almost like, yeah, sure, I'll do that.
Speaker 3: But the machinations, the reality of how do you figure out sending a car over a waterfall two actors on either side, the realities of that are very different.
Speaker 4: They're just kind of going like hell yeah.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah. And we had an accident the first well not an accident, but when they released the car on take one, the car got stuck on the ramp. So there was no cable on it. It was literally stuck and we didn't know what to do. We couldn't jump because we would have been killed because we weren't even near the edge. We had to ride this thing down. So we literally, I'm screaming at him the top of my lungs because the water so wow, what did we do were we were in a mess? And he said just jump off to the side, So we literally jumped off to the side. They cut, they broke for lunch. They reset the car during lunch, and it was the first shot after lunch. Of course, I couldn't eat a thing now because you know, we had a mishap, so we didn't expect that. I knew. I knew going back into it. I knew with a car you have to get or anything that you're riding, you have to get away from it. So you have to if you get If you get off of that car too late when you're riding it down, when it's in free fall, you're gonna stay with the car all the way down, you're not gonna get away from it. So you have to jump off the car right before you get to the edge of that ramp, which we did. Although Terry, if you watch the picture the movie Romancing the Stone, he was literally right next to the car all the way down. He'll day he almost got killed on that one. But see, those are the those are the ones that are what I call the ten percenters. Ninety percent of the time, they're you know, fights and falls, ten footers and and you know, things that you're gonna walk away from. You might get hurt, but you're gonna walk away from. That one was a life or death and I've had a few of those over there over my career.
Speaker 1: When you say jumped from the car, I mean are you jumping out of the window? Are you opening the door?
Speaker 2: No? We're literally I mean uh. In the movie, you see Kathleen Turner Michael Douglass inside the car. They're riding it down the river and they see the waterfalle what do we do? We got to jump And so they climb out the what do you call that the sun roof, and as they do, they go to a different shot of a white shot of them jumping off, so you don't see they We had we had to have a spot made for us with these two little steel pegs on each side, just so we could hang onto those by our feet hold onto the car. So we were literally straddling the car on each side and we jumped just when it got to the edge. And that's what was so scary because the first time it's it got hung up, and that freaks you out.
Speaker 1: You just don't like to understand that you might have been Kathleen Turner in that ship.
Speaker 2: I was.
Speaker 1: I know, I knew it.
Speaker 2: Now, you can't do that.
Speaker 1: You're a pretty young man.
Speaker 2: Here's what's so funny. I got. And I was thinking about it today in the shower. I was thinking, you know what, I wouldn't have doubled Kathleen Turner had I not gotten a me. Butit dysentery I got. You know, do you remember the mud side when they were going to follow?
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 2: So that was water that they shipped in. They literally had barrels of water that would go with us. Don't know where the water came from, who knows where, you know, because these Mexican drivers were bringing the water in barrels of water in for us. And uh, I got sick about a week after that. I mean bit dysentery and I just lost thirty nine pounds in like six weeks, Wow, like a rail and that Kathleen was a railback. Then she's just gotten off a body heat, which was an amazing movie. And uh so Terry said, my girl doesn't want to do the stunt. You want to do it? And I said, hell yeah, as you know, hell yeah, yeah no, there's a picture of me somewhere in my in my photo desks of me in the dress.
Speaker 1: With the bigger bowski. Just how many white Russians did you have to drink?
Speaker 2: That was a crazy show. I got to tell you, that's my first time working with the Cohen brothers and I almost got fired on that show because I did. Oh yeah, they we went in it was the scene where Jeff's head gets put in the toilet and they want me to do it. We went in the apartment and there they're showing me what we're gonna do, and and uh uh. One of the Coen brothers, I think it was Ethan. He says, hey, guys, they're lighting in there in the bathroom right now, so we can't rehearse. So we're gonna we're gonna go around the corner. This is at a studio in Hollywood somewhere. I forget the name of Sam Goldwyn Ally whatever whatever it was. It was from the thirties. And he said, we're gonna go to the public restroom around the corner. It's been cleaned and we're going to rehearse there. And I said stop. I said stop, And I looked at Ethan and Joel and the stunt coordinators from New York. So I really didn't know him. I said, look, I said, I'm not doing that. You can do it. I pointed my finger at Ethan. You can. I'm not putting my head in that toilet. I said, you can go to home depot, get a brand new toilet, bring it in and we'll rehearse all day on. I'll rehearse all day on for it. And there was silence. They all looked at me, and I'm going I'm done, I'm fired. This is it, And then Ethan laughed. Joel laughed and said that, yeah, I think you're right, we'll do that. And great they did it. And so if you ever say I'm trying to think it might be in my Instagram, I've got the story on that, and you'll see the toilet with Ethan leaning over it.
Speaker 4: Oh no, yes, yeah, yeah, he's he's like underneath it, and you looked up and yeah, I am not about that.
Speaker 2: Did so much DNA from the thirties all the way till the present. There's no way. I don't care how clean that toilet is in.
Speaker 1: That Yeah, and you do already, you know you had to maybe dysancery once already.
Speaker 3: Yeah, So I wanted to ask you what what are you looking for? And what makes you hire someone to be a part of your team or group as a stunt performer.
Speaker 2: Oh, that's deep, I think. I look I look for confidence. I look for I don't want an egotistical asshole. Excuse my French, but I don't want that kind of guy on my show because those kinds of guys will get hurt, the ones that are a little too cocky, And I just want guys that know their stuff, have a good rep, will listen to me, will stay I like people that stay on set are there so I don't have to go looking for him, and just you know, just all all around stunt guys.
Speaker 4: What is knowing your stuff mean?
Speaker 3: Like, you know, for instance, did you have a guy that says, I mean I've never ridden a horse?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 2: Yeah, Well see that's the thing. You know, hey, you have to check and they have websites or or back in the day, we used to have these books and I used to use them on on Star Trek. They were called the Stunt Directory, and you can look and you can see their picture onto the right where there be their abilities or there's specialties some what have you. And so there'd be people that I didn't know that I had to get over there. It was a good size, or I needed some indis that could ride or whatever, and I'd look in there and i'd look to see if they could ride, or if they could if they're good with sword play, they were comfortable with fire, that kind of stuff, and then I would cross check with another stunt guy that has worked them and get, you know, recommendations. Every once in a while, I get bit by somebody that didn't didn't do what I wanted to do. It even happened on one of our episodes, and it happens. But all in all, uh, you got you got to know your basics. You got to know your fights, your high falls, your fire sword plays, good car work, motorcycles, all as a well rounded stunt guy. Horsework is something that's almost a specialty now because you don't see much of it anymore. I really don't see much of it, but now with the Yellowstone and all the other shows that's coming back. What Taylor shrit is he can ride a horse. That's you can ride a horse?
Speaker 1: Yes, yes he can. He does all he does. I'm right saying he does a lot of that stunt horse work is himself, doesn't.
Speaker 2: He he does the uh I forget what it's called. It's uh uh oh god, where they stopped stuff? I forget forget what? But yes, he's very good, a good horseman, tssage stopping way.
Speaker 1: You know, he can like a radio guy. He can stop a horse on a dime and turn it around.
Speaker 2: And I think it's called cutting where they cut the horse, you know?
Speaker 1: Oh oh yeah, yeah, he's got extraordinary So I when when when did you get your first job as a coordinator rather than a gun for hire as it were.
Speaker 2: I'm going to say it was romancing the Stone?
Speaker 4: What was it?
Speaker 2: I think that was it. I tried to think if I did anything prior to that as a coordinator. I can't go that far back. I've been knocked out five times, so I used that bing that But I think it was. It was well, let's put it this way, when Romancing came out and they gave me that coordinator credit, the phone went I can't. I was true and features and TV shows and that's how I got mcgiver. Yeah. Mcgiver was a seven year run. It was a great run over at Paramount, which by the way, is my favorite studio of all studios. I had so many great memories with you guys on eight nine and eighteen, just a really great, great times.
Speaker 3: And that would say probably for a stunt coordinator to get mcgiver. Yeah, with a paper clip and aluminum boil and you figure all these things out. What a wonder to be able to do stunt coordination for that show specifically.
Speaker 2: It was a great job and it was a great way they took me up to We shot down here for two years over at Paramount, I went up to Vancouver for four and then came back here for the last season. So the sad thing about that was we never had a core crew like we did on Star Trek, you know, for the four years, and those crews on Star Trek, boy, they went back, didn't they They had we had an enterprise and then they were on Voyager DS nine and all the way back.
Speaker 1: Seventeen is some of them had been together. Yeah a long time.
Speaker 2: I think I told you. I've been talking to Brad and Mary lately and they're doing good and they're still around.
Speaker 1: Rod. You said, lives out in palm.
Speaker 2: It's either Palm Springs or Palm Desert, one of those palms out there. Any place. Golf just about every.
Speaker 1: Day, God bless.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: We used toll love playing golf together. He was not bad, not a bad golfer. As I remember what I know. You got hurt, didn't you quite badly on Titanic? That was I was one British actor in town at the time. Didn't get a bloody job on that film. Yeah that was when was that? That was ninety six, That was before I started Enterprise. Yeah, I get broke some ribs on that show. I was the first US stunt guy to get hurt on that.
Speaker 2: And the stunt guys, the paramedics on the show down there in Mexico we shot a rosarted beach weren't the best. They were not really qualified and we had some issues with me when they came to my rescue. And because of that, the stunt guys went on mute me and wouldn't work until we got idea of a paramedics from the US down there.
Speaker 1: What was the stunt that you got?
Speaker 2: Had it was one? It was? It was one of the crazy guys at the top of the I started at the top, you know, when it started to go up like that. We had it on a what do you call it? Oh, I'm trying to tall that kind of liked that, yeah, but there's another word for it. But anyways, it was on one of those pendulum things, was up like this, but we were doing slides in the beginning, so we're probably at seventeen degrees. That's what we rehearsed at and I was in control at seventeen. But while we were filming take four, somebody got on that Rhea stat and bumped it up a little bit too high. I don't know, I don't know who did it, but I wish I could. Anyways, eight people got hurt on that one take. So we got up a little too high and people were flying and I went into the pads. But a guy right behind me with his knee coming down at twenty five miles an hour, I was like this, he hit me right there, and I could hear him crack. Yeah, and then what was it? Was there? Then another guy came after him, so I was just double and deemity on my ribs. So it was bad. I was out for eight weeks. I don't wish ribs on anybody. You can't do anything.
Speaker 1: I broke ribs three years ago. I did. I fell in the bathroom here rescuing a spider from the ceiling. And yeah, it wasn't good.
Speaker 2: No, because you can't. You have to sleep at a forty five degree angle. You can't do anything, if you know what I.
Speaker 1: Mean, I mean you literally, I mean I'm lucky, man, I've got enough pillows in this house. Literally. And then I wore an airline, you know, neck brace around and that's how I tried to sleep for literally two months.
Speaker 2: It was.
Speaker 1: It was pretty grim as you as you can.
Speaker 2: Oh, yeah, no, it's not it's not good.
Speaker 1: Very painful. And I had a bruise the size of Alaska down the side that was just black and blue. And I would not be a stunt man. I have to say, yeah, if I snag a nail, yeah, I don't like it.
Speaker 2: We don't like getting hurt because we want to work the next day. And but I will say this, I was thinking, you know, like I don't want to hit the ground now, concrete I hate, But back in my twenties and thirties, I loved it. I loved fighting, hitting the ground, doing, doing all that stuff I was. I had that. I guess I had that gene that that dad had. I had this, not recklessness, but this you know, running excitement and uh uh you know that exciting factor, that fear factor or whatever you want to call it, fearlessness and yeah, and the applause as he was, Yeah, I mean, it's great, and you know, getting this fifty year token, the gold yeah thing. It was my first ever ever standing ovation. I've never had the most amazing thing to be recognized for my work and to have people from the Academy all stand up, Oh my god, it was Well, there.
Speaker 1: You're the first stunt killed and get this award on you. Isn't that amazing. It's amazing that you are the first. But it's you know, certainly applause for you.
Speaker 2: Oh and here's another one for you, Star Trek Enterprise. You got a nomination for Outstanding Stunt Coordination for the fourth fourth season.
Speaker 1: Simple we lost out to Deadwood, didn't we which.
Speaker 2: No it was, wasn't it Deadwood? No, it was the other one, the one that keeper was a Keeper souther one was going four. I think it was twenty four. I think it's twenty four.
Speaker 1: There was Borderland and Coal Station.
Speaker 2: You were able to put in two episodes, you because it was considered a two parter. But back then they're only allowing you one episode or a two partner. But that Star Trek is still the only one in the franchise Star Trek history that has been nominated for an Outstanding Stunt Coordination Emmy.
Speaker 4: Wow.
Speaker 1: And another bit of trivia, your dad is one of five people that have been in the original series and Star Trek Enterprise. Look at that right.
Speaker 2: And then here he is on with the Shatner and Jeane Roddenberry's wife.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Majel Majel Barras.
Speaker 2: And he's the first first uh richert to get killed. I mean there's arguments that's a first or second, but if you look at most of the websites, he's the first red Shirt to get killed on start on that show.
Speaker 1: He started a craze.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah, yeah, he doubled. I don't know if you ever watched any of the originals, but there was a one called Short Leave with Finnegan the Irish. Yeah, my dad doubled him on that for the fight between him and Shatner. He did it at Vasquez Rocks, right.
Speaker 1: That's that was the famous filming place. Yeah, the one of five. There's major Clint Howard who is Ron's brother. Yeah, Joseph Resnick or something. Oh yeah, yeah, uh uh and Jack Donna who I don't know, but they were. They were in the original and our show. I want to find a little bit of trip there. Hey everyone, Connor Trenier here.
Speaker 2: Hey guys, Dominic Keating here.
Speaker 1: We want to thank you all for tuning into our Star Trek podcast, the Decon Chamber.
Speaker 3: We've officially opened our merch shop and we wanted to show you some of the t shirts you can get there right now.
Speaker 1: There are many designs, including these two wonderful ones. I went to Riser and all I got.
Speaker 2: Was tied up in a basement with him. And let me tell you, this is just the beginning. We've got so much more to come.
Speaker 3: If you want to check them out, head to the dcon chamber dot com slash shop and if you are.
Speaker 1: A Patroon, you can get a discount on.
Speaker 3: All of our It's a great way to support the show and wrap the Decon chamber at.
Speaker 4: The same time.
Speaker 2: And you know new.
Speaker 1: So let's talk about Heat. Michael Mann's movie that had a boatload of stunts, so I'm sure did.
Speaker 2: I was the I don't know if you've probably yeah, you've seen the movie. But I'm the drive in driver at the Sentinel, a drive in that brings the money in. I'm in the white pickup truck and I pull up next to De Naro and I handled the money and there's that interaction and then the bad guy gets out with the gun and tries to shoot De Narrow and then Val Kilmer tries to shoot me, and the one that really gets me is Tom Sizemore at the end. But funny story on that. Michael Mann was the director and he had this huge crany with his camera up high, like two hundred feet and that starts the thing. So literally, there's only one car in the middle of the driving and that's Denial and he's already in the car sitting and here they wanted to do a rehearsals, so I come in nice and sow like man said, with my white pickup truck, come right up next to him, roll down the window and I look at him. I go Bob, Robert, Bobby, and he goes Bob and that broke the ice. And then that's how we had our nice little scene and get killed and I had to run in with Tom Sizemore. He got a little heated.
Speaker 4: A lot of folks you've had run into Tom.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he get he was a little uh cranked up.
Speaker 1: Not just as an act road restless.
Speaker 3: I have a question for you, Vince, So as a stunt coordinator, how does this work in terms of shooting a shot? So I imagine as a coordinator you've got to have conversations pre shoot with the DP. You've got to have an idea about kind of every element that's going to be taking place in that scene to put your work into it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's all the prep.
Speaker 4: Yeah, how does how does that go?
Speaker 2: Well? I got I started in with the production meetings where we have the scripts and we go page one, page two, we just talk about eat it. And when there's a sequence of action, I'll get all department hit heads involved in it, especially the ones that I need like a prop department or set decorating, you know, for breakaways, what have you, and special effects. And we'll just all have with these little side meetings after the production meeting, and then I'll try to work with Mary who's budgeting the show or outlining the show. I'll try and say, hey, can we put the action near the end, Especially if it's a big, big fight like Harbinger, I'll say, let's put that towards the end of the schedule if we can. Gives us more time to rehearse. And so it's all it's all in the prep. It's all in the breakdown. It's a there's a lot to it. Prep production meetings. You got to go to. You got to get your stunt guys. You got to make sure it's safe. You got to put in budget stunt budgets. You got to get together with Marvin, our Marvin Brush was our DP. We'd have a little talk a lot of times, though that guy is filming, so we didn't have that quality time until day of No.
Speaker 1: I don't remember, No, he wasn't. We had one day to rehearse the Harbinger. We have a long, twelve fourteen hour day. I remember one day, very long day until then, and then again at twelve fourteen hour day shooting it the fall the next day.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we got in there a day before you guys, just the doubles and just got stuff on camera, you know, with my video camera and just to get some because I would the fight started and worked its way from here all the way to there. So we had the beginning and and then walked with David Livingston I think it was our director on that episode. Yes, right, okay, so we go over that and then we just get his input and he'd say, yes, this is great, fantastic. Oh wait, can we add this or take that away? Can we spend a little bit of more time in year? So it's just fine tuning at that point and hopefully when you guys come in the next day, we're ready for you and we get that time to rehearse.
Speaker 3: And who determines who signs off on that is that you as the coordinator.
Speaker 4: Does it go upstairs? That's something like you videotape, Oh I see, yeah.
Speaker 2: No, A lot of times that show they didn't really sign off on it. They just would let me do what I wanted to do. It was pretty cool. Very few times I would rehearse things videotape them. This was we were using videotape back for rehearsals. But it never really went past for me to look at it night or you know, just to study with my doubles special effects.
Speaker 1: But yeah, did they approached you when they wanted you for the series.
Speaker 2: That's a great story. So I have to go back to mcgiver. Mary Howard was our second ad on that show. Mary Howard and Jerry Fleck. You remember Jerry Harry was the first day D, the last beautiful guy, so he was our first a D. Mary was there. So anyways, that ended in what ninety one? So all of a sudden, nine years later, I just lost a feature. I was up for a big feature at Universal and I lost it. I went in to meet the director, Levy. What's his name, Levy first name. He's been very popular director now he does a lot of stuff, lost the gigs. I'm driving my kids to school one morning and I'm going, God, I lost a summer job and I was going to be three months of work at Universal, And all of a sudden, I hear on the radio on kN X, Hey they're doing a spin off another Star Trek series, and they didn't call it Enterprise, and they didn't call it anything. And I said, ooh to myself, the thing I'll see. I know Mary and Jerry work on it. I'll send a resume and a little note to them saying, hey, I hear you got this new show. If I see there was a coordinator on the other ones. But I thought they were going to do two at the same time. I thought it was gonna be like another like two shows I did DS nine and Voyager. So I set it up and nothing nothing for two months, month and a half, two months, not a thing, And then a of a sudden, my daughter says, hey, you got a phone call. I didn't hear that. I was outside watching my car. Mary stayed on the phone ten minutes waiting for me to come in because she hit tariff. Went outside again, said hey, Mary Howard is still on the phone for you. I said, how long has that been? She said at least ten minutes. Oh no, she didn't hang up. If she had hung up, that would have been.
Speaker 1: It always guys, Marry how It doesn't wait ten minutes on the phone for many.
Speaker 2: People, but she did for me, And so I went in there and I was supposed to meet with Rick Berman and Brandon Braga. She said, I'll be right back and I'm going to bring them over to meet you. And she came back ten minutes later, and she said, they said, just hire them. And so I gave her a big hug and I said, I'm so thrilled. I'm happy, and and I was only they put me on the pilot and then they were going to put me on as needed, like a daily here and there, daily there, And I said I can't do it. I said, you need me here all the time. You got to put me on a weekly got it. So it was a nice, nice run the whole four year.
Speaker 1: Do you have an agent? Do some people having some of.
Speaker 2: The big big wigs, the big guys they do now, the ones that are doing feature after feature, they have agents. I don't. I've never had one. I had a commercial agent, did a lot of commercials back in the day.
Speaker 4: Yeah. You and your BMW. Yeah the BMW.
Speaker 2: Yeah. My Instagram is so much fun. It's got some fun stuff on it.
Speaker 4: I scrolled the whole thing.
Speaker 2: Oh great, not only this.
Speaker 4: Vince one.
Speaker 3: You know what, There are times when you come across someone, I mean and you know, I know you, I don't know you very well.
Speaker 2: We gotta we gotta get to know each other quite well when we're in Vegas. Yes, I'm going.
Speaker 1: To argue that.
Speaker 4: By the way, your Instagram is so extraordinary.
Speaker 3: I mean, like you know you how you express the passing of friends that you've worked with and yeah own and then your pride in your your children and having a grand baby, and the way in which you.
Speaker 4: Express yourself. I have to say, man, it gave me like, yeah, awesome, You're a you know what, You're a good human.
Speaker 2: I am a good human. Yeah, I am good? Yeah, I am.
Speaker 1: I remember. I mean we were working with you. It was always a joy. Do you remember the time the three of us, me, Conor and Anthony, we went around your place to talk about doing it in the backyard. You told us how to repel.
Speaker 2: Oh did we wait? Do it? So we went up to the mountains. Yeah you have?
Speaker 1: Didn't you have? Didn't We go to your place and you had some sort of you know, scaffolding structure.
Speaker 2: That it was a friend of mine, was it? We met? I think we started to meet over there. Then we went to the uh to Stony Point to do our.
Speaker 4: Repelly right, like eighteen.
Speaker 2: It's like out there, that's where Charlie Manson used to hang out. Yes, no kidding, Yeah, a lot of story, a lot of skeletons there. But I have all the video from that. You'd love to see it. I got all the behind the scenes of you coming down doing the repelling and oh.
Speaker 1: Well you'll have to. I'm going to get Sarah to get in touch.
Speaker 2: My wife.
Speaker 1: Reddit's these things. We'll, we'll, we'll, we'll put some of that stuff in.
Speaker 2: We all love it. A little bit more of a lane. That's good. That's good. Stop there, Anthony looking this way, looking there? Okay, good and then exit. Boy, you picked this up pretty quick. Now you got a big outcropping here. Take your time, take your time, take your time.
Speaker 3: You can do it.
Speaker 2: God, take your time. Yeah that's good.
Speaker 4: That next time.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's a whole new deal.
Speaker 3: You told me this very early on, because you know, we got into the show. We're all young, fit having a great time, and I was like, I want to do all my stunts.
Speaker 4: I don't care. I want to do all my stunts.
Speaker 3: And then one day I forget it was early episode and you walked up to me and you were like, I think that's fantastic that you want to do this, and you should do whatever you want.
Speaker 4: But I just want to.
Speaker 3: Tell you something that if you do a stunt, my stunt guy doesn't get paid. And I was like, well done done. Yeah, I'm not going to waste anybody's time. Let let's get the work. I mean, like, you know, don't just sit there. You're there for a reason.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I had to get my ego shifted in a way specifically about you know, like being on a new show and all that. And I learned that was such a great lesson that you talked to me, and I've used that forever.
Speaker 2: One of the things one of the things I've learned real quick over the years with all with actors is that they do they want to do as much as they can and I and I also tell them and I may have told you this too. The thing is I have to I have to be the bad guy sometimes to say no, you're not doing this because uh not, you may be able to do it, but what if you What if you or that person gets really hurt and we're down and we're down, and I'm going to take the hit for that because I've got I was the one that agreed to let that person do it, and so I have to I have to weigh that. Sometimes the things that always scared me were the fights. The fights always scared me because of the punches. I can't I The thing is, I couldn't get in there fast enough to stop a punch of somebody leaned into one, Like what happened to you with your head butt? Yeah, you know I could. There's no way I can get to you. So those kinds of fights are frightening because and a lot of people don't think about that, but it's it's you know, you take a hit like that like I took from my dad, and that wasn't even at full speed.
Speaker 3: I mean, to your point, the reality is is like you know, that night we were doing something and a guy who was I forget his name's uh stunting for uh John.
Speaker 4: You know, there's the thing.
Speaker 3: You can see it, you can tell, you know exactly what's going on because it's a choreography.
Speaker 4: You can tell when somebody's eyes disappear. Yes, and he.
Speaker 3: I don't know what happened the distance whatever he had the helmet on, yeah, and looked at me because you know, you can't head some head butt somebody with your arms straight out locked.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but he did and.
Speaker 3: He went in and but and the truth and the reality is is that, yeah, I mean whatever, I got three stitches.
Speaker 4: Who cares? But it eight hours?
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I remember when we did the big fight with Steve Culpringer, Am I right in saying? Because I was looking this up and I didn't see it nosed anywhere. I remember you coming to me and giving me a Stunt Association cap, which I still very proudly have. And I think I remember you telling me that that year we lost out at the I guess the NATAS Awards. We came second for that fight. Coordination to the Bourne identity is that?
Speaker 2: Okay, I remember something like that. I'm trying to go back and that's right, Okay, a great fight.
Speaker 1: But I remember Steve culp had had taken one on the chin in a fight not too long before. Really, wasn't he.
Speaker 2: He was very gun shy, yes, because and he kept talking me every time he'd come back we had fights. He would say, I just want to you know, remember I got hit by a stunt guy on another show, and I just want to make sure we're good and I said, we'll be good.
Speaker 1: But the hell of a fight. My who was my guy? Marm Martin Murray, Martin Murray, he really made me look good.
Speaker 2: Lately, I don't know where he is he.
Speaker 1: I remember in and off when we were off season he went on doubled Taby McGuire Sea Biscuit. He was as tough as nails. Marty Murray.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he was broke.
Speaker 1: I think every rib in his body. A horse kicked him. Not really beat up, he got thoroughly beat up. Yeah, but he was a lovely chat. Is he still still around? Is he?
Speaker 2: I haven't seen him in a long time, so it doesn't mean anything. He might be. A lot of shows are now in Atlanta, so there's a lot of guys there now in Atlanta, I think in an How we're still in Vancouver again and uh with the Toronto so we're kind of spread out. I got one Do you remember this thing? Do you remember these?
Speaker 1: I half remember that. What is that? Is that like a grenade thing? We had?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Those are the manes. I got one of these. They gave me one of these. And I don't even know if this works. I hope, but yeah, no, it's and then Uh, I'll just real quick what I got you. I was looking at some pictures the first you know, when we had to get doubles for everybody the first season. This week when you guys were there, I had polaroids, gone.
Speaker 1: Yeah, am I doing that?
Speaker 2: And then there's uh Connor, these are these.
Speaker 4: Are like Now, I gotta tell you, that's what that young man watched. I watched the dailies so that I do moves like that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, good times.
Speaker 1: He loved a bit of hands on hip acting. He did. He did better good hands on hip act. What's what is the workload like when you're when you're responsible for a series like Enterprise? I mean, is it is it intense?
Speaker 2: I mean it is because anything can happen. Anything, Anything can happen, like an accident in a serious one or something that effects that's too big, you know, if I'm pretty did.
Speaker 1: Anyone get hurt that we can recall on our show?
Speaker 2: The knocked out one guy at the very end of the last season, one of my stunt guys, and it was a it was a weird and this is what happened. It shouldn't have happened, but because he was wearing a wig that went down. He played some kind of alien that had a wig that went way down past his butt. And you know all the remember all the cable polls we used to do where people fly back in the air. Okay, Well, when they land, a lot of times they land on their butt first and then scrap a on the ground. Well, what happened with him when he got pulled back? His wig was down low and when he landed on his butt, he caught that wig and then that just did that to us net and knocked him out. And well, sad about it when he came to. I mean, we laugh about it now. But when he came to, he just got married. He had a big honeymoon and everything. And when he woke up and we finally got him to wake up, hey how are you doing okay? And we talked about remember your wedding. You were talking about what wedding? He didn't he didn't know wedding, the honeymoon, And that's what happens a lot of times when you get knocked out. That's happened to me, and so it finally it came back. But yeah, there's a.
Speaker 3: What is there any point where like you know, for instance, we're talking in the beginning of this about like you know, eighty foot waterfall.
Speaker 4: We're both going to jump off the side. What do you do? You ever say no, Yes, you can't do that.
Speaker 2: Yeah you do, do not many times, or or I'll have to change it. But there's been times I walked away, Well, I walked away from a show because it was just not up to part. It was not a safe show. And I was back in the eighties. Uh, well it was just before mcguiver, that's right, because right after that I got to I got the call for mcguiver. But yeah, I was running the show and it was not safe. The effects guys weren't doing a good job, and and uh somebody got fell down, got hurt. Not bad, but I could see the writing on the wall that was not This was not one of those warm and friendly, uh cozy feels. And I can feel that, I can feel the energy of a crew and uh and if I if there's a bad crew, I don't want to be a part of that. But usually guys like Mary and Brad they've crew up so nicely and they're they're responsible for good crews, and most up ms and ads and and producers will crew a good crew put.
Speaker 1: You on the spot. But can you sort of you know, let's talk about rust for instance. Oh, that's sort of I mean that should not happen in this day and age. Shouldn't I mean, no.
Speaker 2: It shouldn't have happened. You know. Uh, I can't how many times I've been shot at and uh, you know, with blanks. But there's there's rules. There's rules where you don't point when you're that close. I forget what the limit is. I think it's like eight or ten feet or something like that. And a lot of times you can change it with you know, you can change it with the camera position to make it look like you're pointing at somebody, but you're actually pointing to the right of that person. That person was too close. And and then oh my god. Yeah there was a live round in there. Oh my god. And see this was the this was a perfect store. This was a low budget show, and they were working long hours. Some people were working multiple jobs. The armor was also the prop person. So there was just so much going on. And that's one of those bad juju shows you don't want to be. And that's what happened that poor girl, she was a young.
Speaker 1: Girl, wasn't she. Yeah. The van that she was working out of had live Ammo in it.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: And you know, on a set, I can't tell you how many time have been I've had. You know, you just you just uh, what's the word I want to use? Uh, you're when you're getting shot at and the facts man and the prop guy says, okay, these are blanks. You you you know you were with him. You know you have a look, Yeah you look, but you you honor what he's saying.
Speaker 1: And you know these shows I've worked on where I've had to shoot a gun or someone shot at me. You everything stops, Yeah, and you know you shut up and listen.
Speaker 2: So he's we had three people get killed by these things. Brandon, uh, Brandon, Yeah, Bruce Friendly And then we had another guy where I can't remember Dave. It was a nice good looking actor over Fox Studios.
Speaker 4: Uh Girl, the show is cover Girl Girl.
Speaker 2: Eric Hexham. Yeah, he had a revolver and he was just dicking around, I guess, and there was he did this to the gun and put it there and clicked it and had a it had had a uh I think it probably a full load in there. You know, it went that load. You know, it takes that stuff right out. Well, even if Blake will kill you, it went right to the other side of his brain right, very very sad.
Speaker 3: Have there been scenarios where you have said, uh, no, it's not working or not doing it.
Speaker 2: Yes, already mcgiver a couple of times. Yeah, and it was bad communication. We had a deal where it was a winter scene. We had a huge toboggan full of gold, the big gold bricks, and we were supposed to make them out of like balsa wood or some kind of light product, and they made it out of this wood material that's denser than wood and heavy. And so when they had these four hundred bricks on this toboggan and people had to be standing watching it at them from one hundred feet, Uh, that was a death trap. I mean, way too heavy the weapon. Uh. And uh. We get out there to shoot it and I see it and it looks beautiful. I said, oh great. I picked one up and I go, wait a minute. We had a discussion about this. These were supposed to be ten percent this weight. Oh well, I didn't get the note or whatever it was, so I said, well, we're not doing We canceled. We canceled that shot, which was a big cancel. It was a big cancer. But because we had three people that had to dive out of the way at the last minute if they got hit by that, you know one.
Speaker 4: And they had they'll kill you killed them.
Speaker 2: So one of that was one of them. I probably had a few more in there. But you have to be you have a lot.
Speaker 1: Of pushback from producers when you when you start waiving the safety flag.
Speaker 2: Not much back in the day. And you know, back before we had safety meetings, it was a it was a different life back then in the seventies and eighties. Uh today the first a d and the stuff coordinator. I mean we have I worked on a Naked Gun the movie just last year, and uhafety one safety meetings we had boom boom, boom boom. I mean, they're just they take up so much time. But it's but they do now. We didn't have those back in the day. I didn't. I don't remember safety meetings until like maybe mid nineties. Yeah, and so how would that.
Speaker 4: Work then, like would there you know, coordinators then have to.
Speaker 3: Be very very keen and very good and very specific about what was safe or not right, because you know, you don't hear a lot about people dying on sets, but you're saying back in the day, there wasn't any meeting at all.
Speaker 2: No, not really, not if I if I can recall, I mean, we might have like a small group, but it wasn't the whole. It wasn't bringing everybody over so everb had ears on it. It wasn't like that. And uh and sometimes that communicator, you know, because communication is paramount. That's that's the whole deal. If you don't have that, you don't have a you have unsafe conditions. And that's why it's so important today. The more communication you have, the more knowledge. Knowledge is power.
Speaker 4: So yeah, you think about like the.
Speaker 3: Well, the greatest I think sort of pursuit scene is from the French Connection, you know, and all that stuff in Queens and Brooklyn and stuff.
Speaker 4: You're saying that there was they're just sort of flying on the seat of their pants.
Speaker 2: No. No, they would have their own meetings, you know, they'd have traffic crowd control, traffic control, they'd have cops, not as many as they do now, but they would sometimes Back those those days, I know I did it. We'd steal shots. We was meeting, we would go to locations where we didn't have a permit and get up a dry real fast. And now today today that wouldn't happen. There's too much going on. But you know, it was a it was a different it was a different time.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 2: And I go all the way back to six million dollars Man. I was the stand in for le majors on that we. I don't remember. Are we any any safety meetings? I mean very they weren't. They weren't anything like the art today.
Speaker 1: Yeah, do you remember your first ever stunt?
Speaker 2: Yes? I was. I talked about it when I, uh, I got my fifty year thing. I said, one of my first stunts was on six million dollars Man, where I'm playing a guy at a computer and the computer falls on me and crushes me because they said, back then the computers were the size of refrigerators. So yeah, that whole thing came right down on me, and you know, everybody clapped, they loved it. I mean it was a big, massive thing and it was pretty heavy.
Speaker 1: Was it was it actually a computer or did they know?
Speaker 2: Lights? All the lights, but all the gu on the back back then that all that hardware was heavy like a.
Speaker 1: Filing cabinet coming down.
Speaker 2: Yeah, oh, I'm talking about like a refrigerator definitely bigger than me. Kidding, but that was one of my first and uh yeah, I did a few stunts on that show. But the big the best show I had when my early twenties was a show called Hardy Boys where I doubled the read Parker Stevenson on that and we shot a lot in a back lot of Universal Studios.
Speaker 1: So the Western, Yeah, boys were they? Was that in the Western?
Speaker 4: No, no, no, no, no, It's It's the It's the Heart.
Speaker 2: Was a detective show back in the back in seventy seven, seventy eight, And these kids were I Sean Cassidy. You ever heard of him? Sure, Sean was really popular back then. He was a singer and what have you. Parker was still he was good looking and all the girls just love these two. And so when they took the trams back the Universal trams back in the day, they trams that could go anywhere in the back of lot, and we were always filming there. So the double Bill and I would be dressed up like Parker and we looked like Parker and Sean. We'd come out and we'd look around, hi girls, and then they jump out of the trams and try and chase that run after us.
Speaker 3: We'd hide at the back of Since you have good hair now, but I saw that picture of you and Parker Stevenson.
Speaker 4: Yeah you had.
Speaker 2: I think, I think that's a way, but I can't remember. Oh, really it might have been away. That's a lot of hair.
Speaker 1: Well. I was going to say, you have got very good hairs. Still, man, I mean, what are you? Are you seventies something seventy one? Oh, bless man, I know.
Speaker 2: It's I mean amazing. I was when we did Star Trek, I was wet in my mid forties, mid mid to eight I think, no even no, yes, was it five years ago? Yeah?
Speaker 1: Midway bang stunt told you doubled for Scott? Was that? Was that a sort of extra job as it?
Speaker 2: Oh? Yeah, that was a beautiful guy. Get another contract? It was great.
Speaker 1: Cool.
Speaker 2: And then when I doubled Fox, I was. I doubled John quite a bit, Oh, I was. I was. I didn't have an agent, so I had to take care of myself. So yeah, I got the weekly I got every time I doubled Scott, I got a daily, got a daily for John and it was great. Sometimes those that, especially in a double John, the overtime was insane with all that, you know, got all to get up. Yeah.
Speaker 4: Had you ever worked with Scott before?
Speaker 2: I had never worked with him. Never, No, And and I knew he had a double. Diamond was his double from way back when? And and I said, And he asked, and I said, I said, look, I don't know who you want diamond. If I can reach out to, he said, let's try and get Diamond. But Diamond was still on n CIS at the time, so he had dimes. Said hey, you doubled, And I said, great, sure double yeah, bing ch chin cheat, Yeah. Yeah, it was great.
Speaker 4: It was a good guy.
Speaker 2: It was a great show. And you know, I don't know if you've ever seen it, but I put together a couple of highlight reels you know that I showed at the wrap parties. I don't know if you ever saw them, but they're really, really nice. But it's a great I have a great one and then the other one I have that I want to kind of keep under. I want to I want I don't want it to get out too much, but I it's the cast and crew music video that I put together. You guys were in it. By the way, I don't know if you remember that one where I remember, uh, Marvin Day when he's saying that song, got to give it up? You know that that dance, that party song. I use that. And I got everybody on video throughout a couple three weeks with my little video camera, turned on my little caissette recorder and got people to do a little you know, little dance, little movement, and I put it into a nice five minute music video and it was the highlight of the rap party. They showed it at the season four finale Rap part. It was the first video they showed. Oh well, yeah, it's great. You're in it. You're you all. It was hard getting all of you together because you were you know you. It was crazy. You're always you're always filming or whatever, and there's no time. So I finally said that Marvin and Brad Brad, I gotta get this, got to get either. And so we got you all at the in the crew room there or whatever the ship and all of you dancing on the bridge. On the bridge.
Speaker 1: I'm so you did you did?
Speaker 2: You jumped on you did a some sideways stuff too. Pretty good.
Speaker 1: They were fun years.
Speaker 2: What they made, they were great years. I like I say, Paramount is my favorite studio. Uh, you know, I did a lot of shows there, a lot of shows. And I'm going to go back there in a couple of weeks to meet up with a producer that just have lunch. We're gonna have lunch. And she wants to hear the Deadrick tour because I have a tour.
Speaker 3: I have.
Speaker 2: I have different areas, you know, Happy Days and Star Trek Original Star Trek. I have other shows that I did. There a lot of shows and so you know, little moments.
Speaker 1: So my wife and I we just watched she'd never seen Sunset Boulevard and we just watched that the other Nyew just it is there, it is, I mean, where William Holden goes to see the girl to do the writing at night. That was right above my trailer, right above trailers there. It was amazing, she says, Reader's department.
Speaker 2: I remember my walls were covered with black pat letter.
Speaker 1: Y there it was.
Speaker 2: Was it on eighteen or was it eight and nine?
Speaker 1: Was it was that was above eight and nine?
Speaker 2: That she comes down the stairs right yeah, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 1: And uh and then she goes to see cecilb de Mill on stage eighteen and there it is. It's like, wow, where's mister Mill shooting?
Speaker 2: J and Misssbond. I know there's so much history there.
Speaker 1: Got to pinch yourself. You really do?
Speaker 2: You do? You do? We had a really bad rainstorm one year at stage of eight nine. We were underneath there was reading profusely, nobody was moving and I looked over at the drain with all the water coming out from up high, and I went to read at the edge of the drain, I see something shiny, like copper, shiny, and I picked it up and it was a nineteen thirty two penny. Shut up, sweet, I still have it. It's in my Yeah, that's awes. So, you know, some rep or somebody maybe she had it up there. I don't know what year she did that, A lucky penny, yeah thirty.
Speaker 1: Well it's but absolute joy seeing you again, mate, and yeah, thank you for coming on the show and showing some stories.
Speaker 2: Thank you for having me. I hope to see both of you in Vegas.
Speaker 1: Well, well, definitely, we'll have a little drink together. And are you going for how many days? Are you going?
Speaker 2: Full? I'm gonna go Thursday I'll be there Thursday evening. I don't think i'll sign, but i'll be there Friday, all Friday and all Saturday. Okay, I'm going to some party you guys are having Saturday night.
Speaker 1: Who's hosting? Is it?
Speaker 2: Is it one of John's you know, Ryan p Husk? Yeah, yeah, something about a party.
Speaker 4: I can't wait to see you in person. It's so great to see your face. Yeah, it's good to see you guys, and it's really nice.
Speaker 2: I had enjoyable time talking to you guys, and you know, after all these years, it's it's really it's warm and friendly.
Speaker 1: Yeah, great, mane, I gotta say, I mean, how are you feeling?
Speaker 2: I feel good? Is okay? I do have mekey issues. They're getting worse. That's bad because I sometimes I have to turn like this my back lower back. But my knees are great. My knees are good. You know, discocated this twice the shoulder. I've had some head hits, some pretty serious head the hats over the years, one where I.
Speaker 1: Had an MRI scan to check that you know, everything's all rising there.
Speaker 2: In the brain. No, I probably do. My wife keeps telling me I do, because skip it. I don't know. I had some. I won't go into that. I did get hurt on the show and I hurt my kidney real bad and they had to do MRI or whatever you call it on my on my back side here, and he couldn't believe my back. He said, wow, that's a nice roadman. Yeah. Yeah, you've seen some backs. And I've been beat up pretty good. But I've been very seriously, guys have been very very fortunate, very lucky. I've never really spent many many I don't think i've spent the night I.
Speaker 1: Think I saw and as you say that, you've never spent a nice and no, I've been there, admits it. But let go that day.
Speaker 2: I love that right, Yeah, god bless man.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I can't wait to see you in Vegas and we'll raise a glass.
Speaker 2: Somehow. I'll fight, fight, I'll text you, I get you.
Speaker 1: Guys, Conor, and I'll try so. You know, the two saddest words in Hollywood are what party?
Speaker 2: We'll see you there? Yeah, thank you, thank you much.
Speaker 1: Listen up, boy.
Speaker 3: Boy boy
Speaker 2: Boy on