Speaker 1: Hello, and welcome to Deep Blue Sea the Podcast. I am Mark Skaggin's Hoffmeyer.
Speaker 2: And I am Jay Bird Cluett. Welcome to you a board deeply of the podcast. On this show, we'd normally go through the Deep with Sea franchise scene by scene. We looked at Deep c jacent films. This is the most special episode we've ever done, perhaps and also the most advanced in like in Revus. We've recorded it because we're recording this March twenty twenty four. All well, this episode is being released June twenty twenty six. Bear with me. If you've been listening to the show for the past couple of years, you'll when we've been doing scene by scene again at the start of each episode, you'll have a little clip, a little what's going on in that episode. And this is the piece together, the one massive Deep Blue Sea script recording. It's finally happening, the magnum opus of my show, roughly two hundred and eighty seven episodes in.
Speaker 1: We've come a long way since since when I recorded a Deep Blue Sea commentary by myself and I just spead my way through the entire thing, and it was It's horrifying it's not good, but I published anyway because it's content. But yeah, we've come a long way since then.
Speaker 2: And you're definitely not by yourself today. We have a bunch of Deep Blue Sea fan favorites that we could get for this show that were available. First choice, this crew, Yeah, yeah, everyone here is great. Everyone literally the first choice I want for every rock here. So what'll start? Actually with me and you? Mark?
Speaker 3: So?
Speaker 4: Mark?
Speaker 2: Who are you playing on today's show?
Speaker 5: Brenny, Harlan Skaggins and Coastguard excellent?
Speaker 2: I am playing the Bird. I'm also playing doctor Jim mclocke, and I'll be doing the stage directions Emily Emily Slide from What This Film? Podcast? Who are you playing today?
Speaker 6: Hello? I am doctor Susan Mcanister.
Speaker 2: As well as ready now yes, ready for one line? Okay, no, but move on. Welcome back to the show. Who are you playing today?
Speaker 7: And I will be worker and helicopter and preaching Sherman Dudley.
Speaker 2: Heather backs to day, Woche. Who are you playing today?
Speaker 8: I am playing Woman Number one not to be confused with number two.
Speaker 2: And Janie excellent, Nick Rey Heck, welcome back. Who are you playing today?
Speaker 9: Today?
Speaker 4: I am playing Man number one and Carter.
Speaker 2: Excellent, jeanett Wold, who are you playing today?
Speaker 10: I am playing Woman number two, not to be confused with Woman number one, and also Brenda excellent.
Speaker 2: And finally, DJ Valentine, who are you playing today?
Speaker 11: I've been honored with the coveted role of Man number two. I thought very hard for this role. And I'm also playing somebody named Russell. I don't know who that is, but my number two is what I'm here for, number two.
Speaker 2: In the scripts that I've put together, DJ, some of the lines say Russell.
Speaker 11: Someone already fixture errors, Thank you, I found replaced its good.
Speaker 2: Someone did great.
Speaker 11: I know.
Speaker 5: Sorry, Jay placated me and gave me Rennie.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I figured if anyone's going to play Rennie, it should be Mark. So yeah, without further ado, let's let's get into this thing, shall we, Because we've got a lot to read here, and people have lives.
Speaker 3: So.
Speaker 2: Let's pretend we're hearing the theme turned to the side of the film, and let's go. Opening exterior, A small pleasure boat on the ocean. Good and Plenty plays on the stereo. Its four teenagers are having an intimate party, whilst an unseen threat watches ominously from underwater.
Speaker 4: So beautiful.
Speaker 8: What's that? Where did you feel something?
Speaker 4: Yeah? I feel something? Hey, get back here.
Speaker 10: Woo turn up the music.
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, well a party man Woo?
Speaker 4: Boats rocking? Whoa stop, you're paranoid?
Speaker 9: Listen?
Speaker 8: Yeah, okay, did you hear that?
Speaker 9: Listen?
Speaker 10: Listen?
Speaker 2: The boat sways back and forth. Then something hits the bottom, knocking the stereo over and spinning wine into the water.
Speaker 8: You guys, hear that?
Speaker 9: What is that?
Speaker 5: Rhyme? Step here?
Speaker 3: What is that?
Speaker 2: Everything goes quiet. The teens look around, confused, and so the giant shark burst through the whole of the boat, knocking everyone into the water. The four fla ail in the water, desperate to return to the safety of the boat. As a shark swims closer, they pull a rope tight climb, only for a mysterious figure to appear another boat. It's Carter Blake. He shoots two rope harpoons and one steely eyed glare at the shark, preventing it from getting closer to the teens. Not so Susan mcaister arise by helicopter to a seepia tinged high rise to attend a meeting with wealthy investor Russell Franklin and his silent puppet Ronnie Cox.
Speaker 6: Okay, we've had some problems at the facility. What we're attempting to achieve here has never been done with this close to the reactivation of a human brain cell.
Speaker 11: Doctor are two hundred million. I'm stuck in this Company's do a great part of your research. But when the market opens Monday, despite my reputation, I don't like heights, especially falling from them. I'm sorry. Honestly, tell me.
Speaker 6: Mister Franklin, have you ever known anyone with Alzheimer's?
Speaker 2: Well? No.
Speaker 6: By the end, all my father could do was ask when my mother was and to tome, and each time I said she was dead, I had to watch him take that loss like a car wreck. Two hundred thousand men and women developed Alzheimer's each year. What if you could end all that suffering with a single pill. Give me till Monday morning, forty eight hours. I'll give you results that will skyrock at your stock price. But I'll help you pack the lab myself. It's your call.
Speaker 2: Susan flying Russell over the ocean in a small plane.
Speaker 11: Yeah, that was quite the impressive speech. You gave back there.
Speaker 6: I read that article on you, the thing in the Himalayas Alps.
Speaker 11: Right, we were just trying to do something together, having fun.
Speaker 6: Things went bad, but you saved all those people, not all.
Speaker 2: They approach an isolated facility in the middle of the ocean.
Speaker 6: Navy built it for World War two submarine loading refueling. When they mothballed it, we picked it up. Added aquatic pens, underwater labs. You're dying, I guess, hmmm.
Speaker 11: Looks like Alcatraz floats.
Speaker 2: Exterior aquatica surface. Carter Blake approaches some crew members transferring a tiger shark into one of the pens.
Speaker 4: Hey on the canal. Hey, that'll say his stove.
Speaker 5: What do you think of me?
Speaker 4: She's a twelve footer, She's beautiful.
Speaker 5: She wants to give you a big kiss.
Speaker 4: I bet she's got a damn license plate jammed in her mouth.
Speaker 3: It's a good deal of ego.
Speaker 4: He drop a billy.
Speaker 2: Janie Higgins walks through a gate to welcome Dr. Susan Macaster and Russell Franklin to Aquatica.
Speaker 6: Russell Franklin, Janice Higgins, marine biologist Jane will get you settled.
Speaker 8: Welcome to our island paradise.
Speaker 11: So where's tattoo? You know?
Speaker 5: Short guy the plane master plane?
Speaker 9: Right?
Speaker 11: I am getting old.
Speaker 8: So how much do you know about our facility?
Speaker 11: Treat me like a tourist.
Speaker 8: No, I hate trusts, and I decided I'm gonna like you.
Speaker 2: As they head into a Quaska, and after starring at a gatelok for an uncomfortable amount of time, Russell sees Carter swimming at a tire shark following closely. Hey, card of dives. The shark follows, and just before Carter is eaten, he turns and wrangles the shark retrieve from the license plate from his mouth for dropping it on a walk away in front of Susan, Louisiana.
Speaker 4: I'm thinking he was bought in a pet shop in Baton Rouge ate everything in his fish tank and then the guy that bought him. Next day, fills up the cab of the guy's truck with water, dives himself down to Baja, picking bones out of his teeth with the license plate.
Speaker 5: We need to talk later.
Speaker 8: Carter, Blake Russell Franklin, president of the board of Chimera Pharmaceuticals.
Speaker 11: WHOA, that was incredible.
Speaker 4: Actually, they don't like the taste of us very much. They bite you. It's because they think you're a fat little seal or a rich suit.
Speaker 11: Nice meeting you rundly place.
Speaker 8: You got full sentences. Usually he just kind of nods.
Speaker 2: Jannie continues to show Russell around the surface of.
Speaker 8: AQUATICA world travels fast. About why you're here and all?
Speaker 3: So?
Speaker 5: Was that the gen one that escaped that little.
Speaker 8: Guy new way? Those are the normals. These three are the test sharks, two first generation and one second generation female.
Speaker 2: They look down into the water and something unseen looks right back at them.
Speaker 8: Beneath its glassy surface. A world of gliding monsters. It's pretty scary stuff.
Speaker 11: Huh, yes it is.
Speaker 2: They are interrupted by Brenda over the tannoy.
Speaker 10: Tower to water Taxi. Towered to water Taxi. Hi, Ben, I'm picking up a nasty little bit of a squall about thirty miles out over He'll be That will be all.
Speaker 2: Right, I can see clearly now, plays over the radio. Brenda dances in her tower, where most of the aquatic staff head to a boat and stay out of the rain.
Speaker 11: See you, bye, John. So where are they going? They hate me too?
Speaker 8: Oh, they are going home. We run a skeleton crew on the weekend, but they probably hate you anyway.
Speaker 2: On one of the corner pillars, Jane spots a man relieving himself in the least public place possible.
Speaker 8: There's doctor Jim Whitblock, the most brilliant man ever.
Speaker 11: He's pissing in the wind. How brilliant can he be?
Speaker 8: You'll see?
Speaker 2: Brenda continues to dance in her tower. Tut Takata, on a different small boat, reloading his helpurns. A man who might be from New York approaches.
Speaker 5: What happened dead? I you missed with the first shot.
Speaker 4: It took two hits to even slow it down.
Speaker 5: What are you kidding me? Two of these things should have damn near killed it.
Speaker 4: You tell it that' skoggs.
Speaker 5: Hey, you missed. Don't get mad just because you can't shoot with the.
Speaker 4: Look, man, if you hadn't left the pen open last night, I could have gotten a good night's sleep.
Speaker 1: Look hold the dot. I lock the pen like I do every other night. The fish just got out some other way.
Speaker 5: Huh huh. What are you looking at me like that? For? Who are you gonna trust me? That's who you trust me? You know why? Because I'm trustworthy.
Speaker 4: Hey, how high are these fences off the water well?
Speaker 5: Given the surface variations intentsal strength.
Speaker 4: Skog's short answer man.
Speaker 5: Eight feet give or take a centimeter.
Speaker 2: Passa gives the shox a contemptuous Glas Russell's tour of Aquatia continues as Giannis takes him underwater in the hen dicagonal elevator.
Speaker 8: I'm sorry, I'm making Aquaticas sound like some sort of mental hospital.
Speaker 11: No, no, not really, well maybe a little.
Speaker 8: The truth is it is, but almost everyone here is at the top of their game. Living below is like living in space. You don't get very many mistakes. Besides a half a mile of catwalks. You bought us titanium based fencing around all the lagoons and pens are three sub levels. Sub Level one is a living quarters, two wet lab and workshops, and three engineering and air locked wet entry.
Speaker 6: Welcome to Aquatica, so.
Speaker 2: Dr Susan McCallister in her research lab slash living quarters. Retrieving a floppy disk from a cabinet, she reviews the shark brain data on the disc before the urinating man from earlier approaches.
Speaker 6: Did you dose the Gen two with the serum I had?
Speaker 9: Carter to do it as soon as you call from the city. It should be ready by tomorrow night. But we will not be ready two months ahead of schedule. We's keeping three rounds of preliminary trials.
Speaker 6: No choice.
Speaker 2: Susan removes the cover of an anatomical shark model before inserting a worryingly large syringe into his brain.
Speaker 6: You wait your whole life for a single moment, and then one day it's tomorrow, the tour complete.
Speaker 2: Russell Franklin is now doing that most tourist like activity, bothering people trying to get on with their work.
Speaker 11: So what exactly does a shark wrangler do?
Speaker 4: Pretty much what it sounds like.
Speaker 11: I guess how'd you end up here? On aquatica?
Speaker 4: I like the water pays good, hey, and I'll come mass.
Speaker 11: It's some reck diving in one of these off the coast of Spain, tourist thing. You know, m do you like reck diving? It's okay, come on, I bet you're really good at it.
Speaker 4: We're on the water, whole cat and mouse thing. Don't float.
Speaker 11: You're the man, right, yeah, yeah, I'm the man.
Speaker 4: Well, the man's always got a file. What's it say?
Speaker 11: Two years Leavenworth smuggling.
Speaker 4: How'd you make your money? Man, You're the first rich guy in history who's squeaky clean.
Speaker 11: You do understand my concern right.
Speaker 4: Look, I got a workable deal here. I don't make waves. I mean the terms of my parole. I'm not out to change the world like the doc, and I'm not out to wreck it either.
Speaker 2: That's the kitchen where a chef is preparing a cake and listening to money. Money. Money was his unhygienic bird. Friend shouts abuse.
Speaker 4: Yeah what you dig here?
Speaker 9: Squash flat?
Speaker 8: You got a big flat but squish?
Speaker 7: You know what?
Speaker 4: Bird?
Speaker 11: You try?
Speaker 3: My last nerve, don't make me drown. To feed the reass give myself a cat.
Speaker 2: Richard feeds the bird some cake frosting from his finger.
Speaker 3: Oh that's good, Yeah, that's good. I see you got a nasty looking song.
Speaker 7: You know that.
Speaker 2: He hears a clanging noise from outside the facility and gives the window a wary look. Feeding tune. So After is swimming through an underwater tunnel, receiving instructions from Scoggins over the radio.
Speaker 1: I'm releasing the tiger shark in thirty seconds, Carter copy, I hear you.
Speaker 5: I'm going in you guys hungry.
Speaker 2: Less than thirty seconds later, Scoggins releases the tiger shark. It doesn't take long for the tiger shark to be ripped apart by three large makos. As Carter looks on nighttime, Brenda is on the ta.
Speaker 10: Doctor McAllister, we have a situation up here. Could you please come to the surface level, Dr McAllister, could you please come to the surface level please.
Speaker 2: Susan exits the elevator on the dark, deserted surface.
Speaker 6: Hello.
Speaker 2: She walks out, the only sound and movement coming from the ocean lapping at the walkways, until two red flares are shot in the sky. The lights come on. Everyone jumps out, yelling. A song is playing on the radio. Preacher is tending bar, serving Jim and Russell. Susan is seated. Carter arrives and crosses the dance floor whilst Brenda Scoggin's and Janni's dance.
Speaker 9: Damn, I hate that you like.
Speaker 10: The tunes here preach Hey, Carter, come and join us. There's too much woman on this deck for Skag's to handle.
Speaker 11: Vodka straight and by the way, food with excellent brother.
Speaker 12: You the guy in a corner Evily is right, Yeah, the one like black.
Speaker 3: Men don't have enough ways to get killed without climbing up some stupid ass mountain in the middle of CAD's nowhere. Need to lead that to the white folks.
Speaker 2: Brother got to find Susan alone looking at the water.
Speaker 4: Happy birthday.
Speaker 6: I'll let you know tomorrow. Hou's life underwater.
Speaker 4: Well, it's a lot less complicated than it is on the surface, that's for sure.
Speaker 6: Nice work with that new tiger shark today. One day you'll have to tell me how you learned that.
Speaker 4: One day you'll have to take me up on that beer, and maybe I will.
Speaker 6: Ah, It's all worked for me, Carter. But like you said, one day Russell.
Speaker 2: Sits down with Jim and Janis.
Speaker 8: Sharks never get cancer or go blind, or show any loss of brain activity as they age, Unlike some people I.
Speaker 9: Know, sharks are the oldest creatures on the planet, from a time when the world was just flesh and teeth.
Speaker 8: By using a hormone enhancer, we increase this female's forebrain to five times its.
Speaker 11: Normal size to harves more protein.
Speaker 8: Exactly a protein that may reactivate but will that will that will reactivate? Human brain cells stored in the forebrain of the shark.
Speaker 11: I'm just amazed that we've come so far so fast without genetic tempering.
Speaker 8: Genetic engineering to increase brain mass is in direct violation of the Harbord Genetics Compact. Not to mention chimera policy.
Speaker 2: Got to follow Susan down some stairs.
Speaker 4: They're hunting in packs like wild dogs. They'll only eat other sharks.
Speaker 6: You're reading too much into it.
Speaker 4: That gen one attacked a twenty five foot boat. Am I reading too much into that too?
Speaker 6: Did you tell Franklin?
Speaker 4: I'm just a fish keeper, lady, But bringing in that shark ahead his schedule was a very bad idea.
Speaker 6: Do you like kyo job?
Speaker 4: Are you threatening me?
Speaker 9: Doc? No?
Speaker 6: But if we don't pull off that test tomorrow, we're all on the street. Now. You're a good man, Carter, but with your background.
Speaker 4: Ah right.
Speaker 2: Nata walks away, Susan heads inside and Skuggin's approaches Katera.
Speaker 1: How's miss smarty pants? Hope she's not as dumb as she seems. Raise those fences like I asked.
Speaker 5: I took care of it. Let's go get a beer.
Speaker 2: Good morning After the party. Brenda checks the weather forecast for the day.
Speaker 1: Coast Guard advisories include all craft warnings for water south of the US mainland. In west of California, a tropical depression is generating gale force winds and is associated with heavy rains and ocean swells to thirty feet or more. Repeat US Coast Guard advisories.
Speaker 2: Preacher is cooking breakfast in the kitchen.
Speaker 3: Any ain nonsense this morning. We're gonna have tiny little drumsticks on a menu tonight. But that's right, you can all you want.
Speaker 2: Susan leaves her bathroom and puts a key around her neck. On the surface, Scoggins turns some wheels to shut down the fuel for the impending storm. Carter grabs his gun and suits up, ready to dive. Susan, Jim, Janie, Scoggins, and Russell head into the wet lap.
Speaker 6: Welcome to my parlor, mister Franklin.
Speaker 10: Wow, well lad, we're taking a pounding up here. Can't see past my nose, so I suggest you check pen monitors and lagoon monitors. I can't imagine there's so much visibility below.
Speaker 2: Carter, you copy CARTERA.
Speaker 1: Okay, I'm approaching the tunnel, bingo. Elvis has left the building.
Speaker 9: Okay, we picked you up. The visibility is near zero, No problem.
Speaker 2: Carter swims through one of the underwater tunnels as the others watch on the monitors. Suddenly, two sharks simultaneously ram the tunnel either side of Carter.
Speaker 6: How long have they been synchronized like this?
Speaker 11: I don't know.
Speaker 2: Carter raises his gun and the sharks back away.
Speaker 11: Tell me I didn't see that they recognize that gun.
Speaker 8: That's impossible. Sharks do not swim backwards. They can't.
Speaker 9: Let's try to stay focused, people, What the hell was that?
Speaker 2: One by one? The camera's cut out? We asked picture in gen two?
Speaker 5: Ben okay, hold on.
Speaker 2: The lights go out in the pens. Carter turns on his flashlight and heads out into the water.
Speaker 5: That's it, you, Coppy, Carter? Do you copy? Carter? Talk to me, man, do you copy? Carter? Cut the crap? You're scaring everybody?
Speaker 4: Carter.
Speaker 2: Charta's gear is in the water, with the largest macro shark heading towards it. She bites at the gear repeatedly, only for Custs to attack, not from the front but from the side, shooting her with a tranquilizer.
Speaker 5: Boarding platform engaged, He's got her.
Speaker 2: The platform rises with Carter and a shark far too large to have been easily manoved onto the platform.
Speaker 5: On board did someone order the fish?
Speaker 2: Russell stares at the creature in disbelief.
Speaker 11: What and God's create? Oh? Not his ours?
Speaker 2: In the wet lab, Carter and the shark are semi submerged on the platform. Jim Scoggins, Janets and Susan all man various computer terminals whist. Russell watches amazing scan.
Speaker 1: Gen two is online transfer and exotics to remote terminals. Vital signs of Terminal one, diagnostic imaging the terminal two.
Speaker 2: Jim puts a cigarette in his mouth, but Janets gives him a disapproving look, so he removes it. You're right, we're livening.
Speaker 8: Color BP sixty seven over forty three, heart rate fifty bpm within norms.
Speaker 4: She's sleeping like a baby, okay.
Speaker 2: Susan steps into the water and maneuvers some test equipment into place on the shark's head. The shark rays up, but immediately.
Speaker 4: Settles down again, bad dreams.
Speaker 2: Susan tries again, this time successfully mounting the device with some satisfying sound effects.
Speaker 6: Imposition vitals are stable.
Speaker 2: Susan inserts another dis can certainly long needle into the shark's head, whilst Carter pours water over the shark's.
Speaker 8: Back vitals, holding.
Speaker 6: Aspirating four point five ccs.
Speaker 2: Susan withdraws some orange fluid with a syringe and passed it to Gym before removing the device clamped to the shark. Jim squartes the syringe contents into a small vial and hands it back to Susan. Truly, he is an essential part of this.
Speaker 6: Procedure, introducing two secs of the protein complex into cultured inactive brain neurons of an Alzheimer's patient.
Speaker 2: Susan used the device to deposit and drop the liquid onto the goop of shark brain.
Speaker 6: And what you're looking for here is lightning in a bottle.
Speaker 2: She heads over to a computer monitor displaying brain neurons. Everyone else crowds around her.
Speaker 6: Protein complex is interacting with the neurons. Neurons are becoming hypersomatic. Membrane integrity is improving. They're firing.
Speaker 9: They're firing one second, two, three.
Speaker 8: Still firing, four five, six, six point five six zero seconds.
Speaker 2: Jim grabs Janesi's face and kisses her.
Speaker 11: I'll be damned, no, sir, for.
Speaker 9: Six point five six zero seconds.
Speaker 2: You saw what it's like not to be damned. Russell shakes Susan's hand congratulations. In the wet lap, Jim puts a post successful test cigarette into his mouth and lights it, while the others continue to marvel over the results.
Speaker 6: Are you impressed?
Speaker 11: Overly impressed?
Speaker 8: Six point five six zero seconds?
Speaker 11: All right? All right, now that you've got this, how long before you make something that's really permanent?
Speaker 5: He did it?
Speaker 11: Well, you did it.
Speaker 2: Jim crouches down next to the shark, only for the shark to lunch at Jim and swiftly detaches right cigarette holding arm. He falls to the floor, screaming and bleeding.
Speaker 4: Ah no.
Speaker 2: Jim crawls along towards Janis, leaving a trail of blood behind him. Carter desperately escapes the pool as the shark thrashes around. As Susan and Janis tend to Jim, Carter breaks open the glass cabinet door with his elbow and grabs a gun from inside. The noise alerts Susan.
Speaker 9: No.
Speaker 2: As Carter goes to shoot the shark, Susan dies for the emergency's release button, dropping the shark back into the safety of the water.
Speaker 4: Are you insane?
Speaker 2: Carter and Susan glare at each other until Carter picks up the radio tower.
Speaker 4: We need paramedics and evac now.
Speaker 10: All frequencies SOS. This is Research Station Aquatica. We have a medical emergency. I repeat, this is Research Station Aquatica. We have a medical emergency. Please respond.
Speaker 2: A rescue helicopter approaches, flying through the storm. Thanks right off, too light coming off shop Jane's Carter, Susan, Russell, and Scoggins look after Jim as they ascend in the elevator.
Speaker 8: We'll take that post you've always wanted.
Speaker 6: Lot it, Dawn. He's hemorrhaging.
Speaker 2: Russell uses his belt to tie tourn cut on Jim's arm.
Speaker 13: Got it, they say.
Speaker 8: The yellow butterflies are the thickest clouds there.
Speaker 4: Remember Research Station Quarica.
Speaker 2: This is extraight off for two eighteen.
Speaker 9: Have you in sight?
Speaker 2: Approaching from zero.
Speaker 10: Six zero over copy two eighteen.
Speaker 4: Stay with him, Jans, keep talking.
Speaker 2: The elevator reaches the surface level. Cash opens the door.
Speaker 4: Let's move.
Speaker 2: As the elevator doors open, the team ten to the injured gym.
Speaker 6: I'm not this kind of doctor.
Speaker 11: Just keep doing what you're doing.
Speaker 2: The doors open, revealing the surface and a stormy turmoil waves crash over the walkways. It's lightning, lights up the sky.
Speaker 4: Where's the chopper tower? Come on, Brenda, where's my chopper?
Speaker 2: The helicopter approaches as the team prepares to take Jim out into the storm.
Speaker 4: Franklynn this end.
Speaker 2: Gotter heads out alone to grab the cable lowered from the helicopter from gett.
Speaker 5: It, keep it comming.
Speaker 8: That's fine, that's fine. Ready, it's all right, honey, hold on.
Speaker 2: Jannis places knocks Jim, mask over Jim as Carter grabs the cable and motions for the other to bring Jim out.
Speaker 4: Got it, Okay, move him out, let's go, let's go go.
Speaker 2: They reached Carter and clip Jim's journey to.
Speaker 5: The cable one two three, I Love you.
Speaker 2: Jim ascends on the cable. As the others rush back inside, a wave knocks them down.
Speaker 5: Come on, get up, get up, Come on, Carter, Carter, Come on, Carter, get up.
Speaker 3: Come on.
Speaker 2: They make it back inside and close the elevator doors. As a helicopter pulls away in the storm. Jim is almost in the helicopter, being raised by a winch. His arm outstretched at the crewman's hand put the winch jams, The mechanism breaks and Jim plummets into the water, still attached to the helicopter by the cable.
Speaker 10: Where RIBA pull up to eighteen pull up.
Speaker 2: The cable attaching the submerged Jym to the helicopter pulls tout, dragging the chopper down. Back in the wet lab, the team try to ascertain what's happening on the surface.
Speaker 5: What the hell I can't get a picture tower.
Speaker 4: We're in the wet lab. You got a visual copy?
Speaker 5: I can't get anything.
Speaker 4: Do you copy?
Speaker 5: Go in a backup?
Speaker 7: Got it?
Speaker 2: The monitor lights up just in time to see the helicopter dragged by the cable into Brenda's radio tower, exploding everyone and everything above the surface. In the wet lab, everyone falls over. Janis falls into the pool. Tata helps her out. The kitchen is wrecked, and Preacher finds an intact bottle of cooking sherry, which he opens and drinks.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna take this as a sag.
Speaker 2: In the wet lab, everyone gets back up as the room still shakes from the blast.
Speaker 8: Where is he now? Where is he?
Speaker 5: Shut down? The whole system's shut down.
Speaker 4: Brenda, are you there? This thing is dead.
Speaker 2: Let's little spots something unusual in the giant window looking out onto the ocean.
Speaker 11: Somebody please tell me what that is. Please.
Speaker 2: The unusual object is, of course, Jim, still alive, still breathing through the oxygen mask, still strapped in my ball to a gurney, but now being propelled by a shark and Lord straight at the window, cracking the glass. Everyone looks on in horror as the glass cracks increase and spread.
Speaker 11: All right, people, let's move now, get to the door. Come on, you can't help them. Come on, let's go, go, go, go, go go.
Speaker 2: They run for the door as the glass shutters and the entire ocean tries to flood the facility. Carson leaps for the stairs and.
Speaker 4: Missus corror, corror, let's go. Come on.
Speaker 2: They all fumble at the door, struggling to get it open.
Speaker 5: The doorframe is bent.
Speaker 4: Ah open it.
Speaker 2: They just about get the door open and barey make it through, forcing the door shut behind them.
Speaker 4: Come on, go go go turn it.
Speaker 9: Turn it Now.
Speaker 2: In the corridor outside the kitchen, Preacher uses the telephone.
Speaker 11: Brenda tower, can you hear me? Anyone?
Speaker 2: Hello, with no response. He heads off, still drinking the sherry in with the bird on his shoulder outside the wet lap. The other survivors keep moving.
Speaker 11: We gotta get topside, buy some help.
Speaker 2: Russell goes to open the door, but Carter stops him.
Speaker 4: What we're flooded.
Speaker 1: There's no other stairway from this level the elevator. The elevator steals off automatically to keep the shaft from filling.
Speaker 5: There's no way up.
Speaker 2: Preacher makes his way cautiously along an empty corridor, with water beginning to flood from somewhere unseen. The whole of Aquatica is creaking and shaking ominously.
Speaker 3: Oh right, all right, okay, okay, there's a lesson about to drink in.
Speaker 7: Let's just stab Burrandy.
Speaker 2: He throws the bottle of sherry away.
Speaker 3: No need to get all carried away. Show me your ventul side. I know you're wrath, Lord squeare.
Speaker 2: It's not a consultant map of Aquatica.
Speaker 4: All right. If Quarter B is dry, we go back past the wet lab to the maintenance ladder, climb down to level three. We get to the wet entry. We take the sub top side two at a time we go down to get up.
Speaker 11: All right, let's move Come on.
Speaker 2: Preacher and the bird continue along the corridor to a stairwell. A distant loud crash spooks the bird and it flies back the way they came. Preacher cautiously heads up the stairwell, only for a torrent of water to send him down and back towards the kitchen. Yao, Russell. Hears a noise up ahead.
Speaker 11: Listen, sounds like somebody made it over here.
Speaker 4: We're over here.
Speaker 11: Whoa, whoa, whoa, whoa, Preach.
Speaker 2: The noise is coming from large metal doors, water pouring from the edges, and something beating against them from the inside.
Speaker 9: What the hell is that?
Speaker 6: Lab equipment? Maybe banging around?
Speaker 5: I think so, not a chance.
Speaker 2: With another bang, the rivets from the door still to shoot across the corridor.
Speaker 4: We gotta get past that door. Go go, go, go go.
Speaker 2: They make it pass the door, Carter falls over again and head down a flooding corridor to another door.
Speaker 4: Come on, give me your hand, get it open. Hurry up, hurry up, to go go.
Speaker 2: A wall of water gushes towards them as they just about get the door open in time. Go go, hurry, go go, on aquatica surface. A sharkfin swims through the wreckage and into a doorway in a now flooded corridor. Preacher searches for his pet Burg. Come on, Burg, where are you?
Speaker 7: Burr?
Speaker 9: You know you did it?
Speaker 3: Burr yet?
Speaker 11: But burn Burr?
Speaker 9: Anybody here?
Speaker 2: Two floors down, the other survivors climb down a ladder into a room full of pipes and steam.
Speaker 11: Say, cowboy, let me ask you a question.
Speaker 6: No, we should keep moving.
Speaker 5: I'm talking to him. Is that a goddamn shark broke through that door?
Speaker 4: I expect?
Speaker 11: So you expect?
Speaker 2: So?
Speaker 11: Uh huh? Well, well, well, am I the only asshole down here who thinks that a tad bit odd it can do that bust through a steel door?
Speaker 4: I ain't the expert, but I'd say given Gen two size and some room to move, she could put a couple tons maybe more into a hit. So yeah, in my opinion, if she wants through, she's coming.
Speaker 11: And these sharks they aren't just breaking down doors with the sheer joy of it, are they They're after us.
Speaker 4: Pretty damn obvious. We don't know what they're doing yet.
Speaker 5: Just what the hell did you do with these sharks?
Speaker 6: Their brains? Weren't large enough to harvest sufficient amounts of the protein complex, so we violated the Harvard compact. Jim and I used gene therapies to increase their brain mass. Larger brain means more protein. As a side effect, the sharks got smarter, You stupid bitch. We didn't want this to happen, but with this research, we could practically wipe out to genitory brain disease. Sink of the generations that would be saved.
Speaker 4: Exactly how many sticks of dynamite would you have to set off in your ears before your head cleared. You wouldn't understand, I wouldn't, huh, dumb old Carter wouldn't understand that you used us, That you used me someone on the water who wouldn't make waves, someone who wouldn't ask too many questions because he had something to lose.
Speaker 6: You don't see what we've done here.
Speaker 4: Now. What you've done is taking God's oldest killing machine and given it will and desire. What you've done is knocked us all the way to the bottom of the goddamn food chain. It's not a great leap forward. In my book, people will save Jim brenda us all right.
Speaker 11: People, these sharks are thinking hard and clear. Here's the riddle. What does an eight thousand pound mako shark with the brain the size of a flat had vight engine and no natural predators think about.
Speaker 4: I'm not waiting around here to find out.
Speaker 5: Now you see how that works. She screwed the sharks, and now the sharks they're screwing with us.
Speaker 2: Everyone walks off. Preacher shivers as he weighs through the now chest deep water in the corridor outside the kitchen. He finds a Playboy magazine and takes a moment to presumably read an article.
Speaker 7: Please let me get out of here.
Speaker 2: He hears something behind him and turns to see a shark making its way down the corridor. He flails, swims his way to the kitchen and hides behind a pillar, grabbing a nearby pan as a weapon. The shark swims past his Preacher grabs his cruise fits necklace and prays to himself, Oh father. The other survivors continue to make their way towards the submersible.
Speaker 11: So what if the sharks get through the fence and into the ocean. It's okay.
Speaker 5: The fence on the ocean side is titanium, and it gives, so it works just like a net.
Speaker 4: Let's get to the sub we'll discuss it on the way to the top.
Speaker 2: They arrive at the submersible room and find the place trashed and the sub destroyed. Back in the kitchen, Preacher finds a small fire axe. He climbs a kitchen shelving unit to get out of the cold water. Behind him, something unseen swings the doors open. Preacher reaches the top of the shelves, only for the bird to stell him down a few shelves.
Speaker 10: Ah.
Speaker 2: The bird flies around the room and lands in a large floating pot. Yes, Preacher climbs down and reaches for the bird.
Speaker 9: Careful, Now, come on, bird, Come on, baby.
Speaker 3: Loakehead, see daddy smiling.
Speaker 2: Come on, you're the ass here.
Speaker 10: Come on.
Speaker 2: The shark rises up from the water mouth agape and eats the bird hole, causing Preacher's shelves to tip over and plunge him back into the water. He surfaces the shark between him and the exit, so he takes the only other reasonable option and swims for the giant oven, clambering inside and showing the door just as the shark bashes into it. When the submersible room. The other survivors assess the situation with the damaged submersible.
Speaker 11: Closion caused that.
Speaker 1: No, there's nothing here that could have blown with enough force to move that damn sub whatever it's junk.
Speaker 8: Well, we could all just dive in and see who makes it to the top. Isn't that the old aquatica spirit? Doctor Susie dive in. You could go first, just lead by example.
Speaker 6: He was my best friend, Jennie.
Speaker 2: Russell Brandish is a wetsuit at Skuggans.
Speaker 11: You gotta get out of here.
Speaker 5: I'm not going into water no way.
Speaker 7: Man.
Speaker 5: The sharks are in there.
Speaker 11: Listen. We put these on. They help fight hypothermia. That's a start, and unless someone's got a better idea, we're gonna have to swim out of here.
Speaker 2: In the kitchen, Preachers trapped in his oven with a shock thrashing at the controls. Miraculously, it manages to tell the oven home.
Speaker 7: Yes.
Speaker 2: Preacher still touching the fire ax, hacks at the roof of his oven compartment as the shop continues to attack the oven window.
Speaker 4: And you light it, Irony Low, I've got the.
Speaker 2: He cuts the hole large enough to fit through, climbs up and dives out of the upper compartment. As the shark breaks into the oven, Preacher swims to the door and lights a cigarette lighter. You ain't my bird, before launching the cliter across the room. The gas from the oven ignites as the shark surfaces, and the room RUPs in flame. As Preacher dives out to the safety of the corridor, the submersible room is rocked by the kitchen explosion.
Speaker 5: Was that the surface, No, the vibrations are too deep. That was from inside.
Speaker 2: Russell inspects the open water pool.
Speaker 4: I wouldn't get that close to fire with you just a suggestion.
Speaker 11: Water is murky. You might make it.
Speaker 5: No way, No, we won't.
Speaker 2: Scoggan starts to move equipment away from a wall, revealing a concealed door.
Speaker 1: It's two hundred and thirty feet from the lagoon floor to the lagoon surface. The average human swims two feet per second. The average shark swims fifty feet per second. There's no way I am not getting into that pool.
Speaker 4: Now.
Speaker 1: What we have here is your basic maintenance ladder. This leads all the way up to the surface.
Speaker 8: I love these Scott's I really do.
Speaker 4: Why do I feel a butt coming on?
Speaker 1: But We don't know what kind of shape the surface level is in the shaft is air locked, but if the explosion has breached the shaft that surface level in any way, we won't have enough pressure in here to keep the wet pool stabilized.
Speaker 6: If the pool isn't stabilized, there's about a million tons of ocean just dying to get in here. Should bring the whole facility down. We're better off taking our chances with the sharks.
Speaker 5: Hey, you want to go swim with your little fishes? Miss you go right ahead.
Speaker 3: Me.
Speaker 5: I'm opening this door and I'm climbing out of here.
Speaker 1: The hell you are, Hey, I don't work for you anymore, Okay, I don't have to take orders.
Speaker 9: Enough.
Speaker 11: That's enough now from all of you. You think water's fast, you should see ice. It moves like it has a mind, like it knows. It's killed the world once and got a taste for murder when the avalanche came. Took us a week to climb out, and somewhere we lost hope. Now I don't know exactly when we turned on each other. I just know that seven of us survived the slide and only five made it out. Now, we took an oath that I'm breaking now. Swore that we'd say it was the snow that killed the other two, but it wasn't. Nature can be lethal, but it doesn't hold a candle to man. Now you've seen how bad things can get and how quick they can get that way, Well, they can get a whole lot worse. So we're not gonna fight anymore. We're gonna pull together. We're gonna find a way to get out of here. First, we're gonna seal off this pool.
Speaker 2: Chuck jumps out and bites Franklin, dragging him into the water. No one is okay about this. Oh my god, underwater the too many shocks raped Franklin apart. In the submissal room, Skoggin's cils up next to a pillar.
Speaker 5: It just ate them, It just ate them. Christ I'm not moving. I'm not moving from here.
Speaker 1: Someone will come. They'll come and they'll get us and we'll be fine. Skogs No, I'm not moving, I'm not moving. No, listen to me, Tom, What is the precise structural failure limit for aquatica?
Speaker 5: Thirty two hundred tons?
Speaker 4: Come on, Tom, what happens when we get more than thirty two hundred tons?
Speaker 1: Of water in this rig. The support struts go first. They're tolerance is about seven tons. They're gonna crack like toothpicks. Then the walls are gonna buckle. They can't handle more than ten tons of pressure. You wanna be here for that man?
Speaker 5: Hell no, hell no.
Speaker 2: Scoggins takes cut his hand and gets up. Tasha and the Scoggins turn the wheel to the maintenance ladder door.
Speaker 8: The moment of truth again.
Speaker 2: They open the door. There is a moment of silence before the pressure is released and the water begins to surge into the room from the open pool behind them. They hurry through the door.
Speaker 4: Go go, Go, Move, Move Move.
Speaker 2: Carter and Scoggin struggle to close the door against the oncoming torrent. Janis and Susan climb the ladder as Scoggins and Carter disappear underwater, still trying to reseal the door. Scoggins runs out of their first and appears on the surface. Carter seals the door, swims up and helps get Skoggins to the ladder.
Speaker 4: I got you.
Speaker 2: They all climb the ladder, but burning chunks of debris fall from above.
Speaker 5: A it's burning.
Speaker 1: The elevator's blocking the top. But if we make it to level one, we can take the stairs out.
Speaker 2: In the flooded submersible room, a shark swims in and starts ramming the door.
Speaker 4: Let's get the hell out of here.
Speaker 7: Go go go.
Speaker 2: Cars moves to the site to let Scoggins pass.
Speaker 5: Wait, what are you doing?
Speaker 4: If the sharks break through that door, water's going to bring them right to us. Now, Level two is only partially flooded. If I can get that access door open, the water will run off there, buy us some time.
Speaker 5: They're big, real big. What's that the size of your brass balls?
Speaker 11: Be careful?
Speaker 2: Scoggins climbs up pass carter as Carta climbs down to open the door to level two. A shark bursts through the maintenance shaft door.
Speaker 4: Go go, Go, Go, Go, keep going, Go go.
Speaker 2: Gotera reaches the door to level too and breaks his knife off from the door crack before forcing the doors open and getting washed into the path of the shark. It just about makes it onto the ladder in time. He climbs the ladder, but having taken on too much water, aquatica support struts begin to crumple and part of the up ladder detaches. From the wall, sending Jannis straight into the water. A jan Scoggins, and Susan use some rising coarse strength to manoeuver themselves onto the horizontal ladder segment. Tata climbs along the ladder to the middle.
Speaker 4: Jan't stay there, hear me.
Speaker 9: Out of your car. I don't want to die.
Speaker 2: He hangs upside down, reaching for her.
Speaker 4: Grab my hand, Come on, grab grab on.
Speaker 9: I can't, I can't, I can't.
Speaker 2: Janis disappears under the water, then reappears, propelled upwards by the shock biting her lower half. She and Carter failed to grab hold of each other, and she slips under the now bloodied water. Harta, Susan, and Scoggins take a moment on top of the ladder.
Speaker 4: Scars, yeah, can you reach that door above you?
Speaker 2: Scoggins makes a futile attempt to reach the door that's to go three or four feet high when he could ever.
Speaker 5: Possibly reach, it's too high, it's too high.
Speaker 2: Defeated, Susan lies next to Cart on the ladder. Above them, they hear several out banks.
Speaker 4: Shark's probably flooded that level too.
Speaker 2: The door opens. It's preacher, he salutes. The others look relieved, and we cut to an impromptu rope made of sheets being lifted up and into the door, which is sealed shut behind them.
Speaker 4: Creature.
Speaker 2: Carter, Susan, and Scoggins walk down a blue corridor.
Speaker 3: It's a good thing you guys came to this side, the other side of the wall.
Speaker 6: We didn't exactly plan this.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it wasn't like we planned.
Speaker 7: Are you all that made it?
Speaker 2: Susan looks away. Carter sinks into a squad. Scoggin's consults a map of Aquatica.
Speaker 4: We did it.
Speaker 5: We're on level one. We can take the access stare all the way up to the surface.
Speaker 3: The stairs a flood, trust me, unknown, Are you sure?
Speaker 2: Raecher points to his head wound. Scoggin's y eels to the ceiling.
Speaker 5: Give us a goddamn break, can't you?
Speaker 2: Aquatica shakes loudly.
Speaker 3: He always answers. Sometimes answer you get is an ANCU one.
Speaker 4: We're sixty feet from the surface. There's an emergency hatch on this level, right.
Speaker 1: Okay, listen, This level has bilge pumps on it for storm runoff. We can reroute the emergency generators. We could drain one whole stairway. You sure who who are you gonna trust you? That's right, you trust me.
Speaker 2: The survivors look for supplies in Janis's room.
Speaker 5: We had poker here tomorrow night.
Speaker 3: She always drawed her the insize trade when she could have stuck to the.
Speaker 2: Pair Big dreams. Tarta throws a bag of power Buster Preacher. He tosses them aside, even in death standards.
Speaker 5: Okay, jan was a healthy girl. Something in here has to run on batteries.
Speaker 9: Nice.
Speaker 5: Where would the girl keep her mm thing?
Speaker 10: It was.
Speaker 2: In the bathroom. Carta checks the cabinet, Susan joins him. Carsa finds some cream and applies it to his arm.
Speaker 4: My skins starting a hemorrhage. Shark smell of blood. This will coat it with oil.
Speaker 6: Look, Carter, what you said down there? Maybe you were right. Everything I've done I don't think I could have done it.
Speaker 4: Without you, I know, Susan, that's the problem.
Speaker 3: Boy, am I know?
Speaker 5: One n feels like a whole week?
Speaker 2: Relativity?
Speaker 11: What do you mean it?
Speaker 2: Start's theory of relativity.
Speaker 3: Grab hold of a hot pan. A second could seem like an owl. Push your hands on a hoye woman. An hour could seem like a second. So all relative.
Speaker 1: I spent four years at Caltech, and that's the best physics explanation I've ever heard.
Speaker 2: Tatra has found some batteries and loaded them into a flashlight.
Speaker 4: It works, all right. You stay with the doc. Me and skogs are gonna go. Try to get to the wet lab. Drain that stairwell, Preach, what would.
Speaker 5: You zip me up? Please?
Speaker 2: Preacher zips up Skuggin's wetsuit and they hug and Scoggin swim down the corridor to the wet lab.
Speaker 5: We got one. There's two sharks left, and there's you and the doc do in a little bathroom love.
Speaker 4: They got a pill for what's wrong with you?
Speaker 2: Skag's on floor one. Susan looks at a photo of Janis and her cat.
Speaker 6: I need to get some things from my quarters, Preacher, research data, the tests.
Speaker 3: They worked so much stuff all around us to risk any more life for some numbers.
Speaker 6: Without that data, everyone dying isn't just tragic, It's useless.
Speaker 2: That is always useless. Doctor Carter and Scoggins arrive at a doorway.
Speaker 4: This is it. Stay here, I'll be back before you know it.
Speaker 2: Carter leave. Skoggin's hanging on to an overhead pipe, but Scoggin's immediately starts freaking out Carter. Carter swims down to the fully flooded wet lab. He gets tangled in some wires, then Gym's upsidewn corpse drifts towards him. Carto panics and surfaces. Hah ah Scoggin's, Ah, what the hell's going on?
Speaker 9: What is that?
Speaker 4: It's okay? Okay, what is that? We're all right?
Speaker 9: What the fuck?
Speaker 4: It's okay, It's it's okay, it's okay, it's okay.
Speaker 5: I thought you were coming back for me.
Speaker 4: One of your stupid monitors is blocking the panel. You want to help me move it?
Speaker 7: Yeah?
Speaker 5: I say, we do everything right together, Yeah, right together.
Speaker 2: Waiting for carteron Scuggins to return, pretty sure finds a video camera.
Speaker 3: Hello, my name is Sherman Dudley. And if this message finds you, then I did not survive.
Speaker 12: So this is my legacy. I have loved the pulpit and I have loved the bottom. I did my best to be a good husband father. I came up wanting, so what do I have to say to you? What monck do I have to leave behind? We begin with the Perfect Islet, which is made with two eggs.
Speaker 11: Not three.
Speaker 3: Amushes off in that milk for density.
Speaker 9: This is a mistake.
Speaker 2: Carter and Skuggin swim down to the wet lab and move him atter out of the way of the generator's access panel. Scoggin successfully re roots the power and gives Carter a thumbs up. Carter indicates they should swim up, then sees something behind Scuggins a shark. It launched that Scoggins and mashes his body against the wall panels, ripping him apart and leaving one lone leg twitching. Carter finds an air pocket and then swims away, barely getting a door open in time to escape. Susan heads down to her room to retrieve the test data. Preacher arrives at the maintenance ladder shaft to throw his legacy tape until a figure appears in the water.
Speaker 3: Come on.
Speaker 2: Preacher helps Carter out of the water and looks around for other signs of life.
Speaker 3: I got you, Come on, damn the scars.
Speaker 4: Where's Susan.
Speaker 3: I'm done, but I was never make it out of situations like this. Never.
Speaker 2: Carter rushes off to find Susan. Susan wads threw waste deep water into her room. She opens her lockes and the key around her neck, and retrieves a pack of data. She turns around to see a anatomical shark model floating in the water behind her. She pushes it away, but a second shark, fin bigger and actually thrashing in the water, approaches. She blocks its path with furniture and climbs on a low one stable table, which she soon falls from. Climbing onto a high shelf, she drops the data out of reach. Susan rips an electric cable from the wall, removes her rubber wetsuit, stands on it, and as the shark rears up, rams the sparking cable into the shark's mouth. It sparks and smokes, dead, bobbing next to the now destroyed data thatster room preacher splashed down a corrier to Susan's room.
Speaker 4: Susan, Susan, Susan, did.
Speaker 12: You do it?
Speaker 6: We're scoggins.
Speaker 11: Look.
Speaker 3: I hate to interrupt this a moment of burge in the intimacy, but can we get the out of here?
Speaker 2: They head to a sealed room and seal the door behind them. Carter begins attaching life jackets to fire extinguishers taking a vest from Preacher.
Speaker 5: Is this the only one exits blooded?
Speaker 4: Whole place is sinking. It's this way or no way at all.
Speaker 3: Ah, you can bring on a good news anytime now.
Speaker 4: Sharks are attracted to churning water, bright colors. These extinguishers should be a distraction.
Speaker 6: What about us?
Speaker 4: The vessel bring you up too fast? Your lungs will pop like a balloon.
Speaker 3: You weren't a sunny kid in your class, were you?
Speaker 4: I never went to class.
Speaker 6: Well, how far to the surface?
Speaker 4: What is it?
Speaker 6: Sixty feet?
Speaker 4: There's nothing to it. Remember Egg's hail on the way up, and get the hell out of the water. I got to equalize the pressure before we blow the airlock. I gotta let the room fill up with water. It's only gonna take a few seconds. You ready, No, not in the least.
Speaker 2: Pata turns a wheel to open vents all around the room, from which water gushes in. Preacher holds his hands out for the others to take.
Speaker 13: Yay, Though I walk through the valley the shadow with death, I shall feel no evil, for thou are with me, thy rod and thy staff.
Speaker 5: They coach with me.
Speaker 13: Surely, Goodness, and she'll follow me all the days of my life, because I carry a big stick, and I'm the mead in the valley to shut up down, Lord, where do you offics to go?
Speaker 8: Can I get amen?
Speaker 6: Amen?
Speaker 4: Amen?
Speaker 9: I can hear you?
Speaker 4: Amen?
Speaker 5: Amen, Amen, Amen, Amen, amen amen.
Speaker 2: They reached the ceiling of the field room.
Speaker 4: Okay, okay, hold on three ready, one two three?
Speaker 2: They all take a deep breath. Carter pulls the lever and opens the hatch. Susan goes through first, then Preacher, and finally Carter, each sitting off their fire extinguisher distractions the exhalers. They swim to the surface past the shark, attacking the extinguishers. The shark grabs Preacher and drags him across the surface of the water.
Speaker 4: No swim cat and and.
Speaker 2: Swim to safety. Bus Preacher in the shark's mouth, stabs in its eye with its crucifit necklace. The shark releases Preacher. Cartera swims out and retrieves him, leaving a trail of blood across the water. The surface of aquaticas in ruins dotted with fires and smoking wreckage. Susan attends to preach its leg wound. It's the devil, you know, preacher closes his eyes. Susan leaves him to rest. Carter surveys the environment.
Speaker 6: He'll be okay if we can get out of here.
Speaker 4: Not bitch, what those fences are titanium underneath, but on top they're just plain steel. They've been hurting us, pushing us where they won, using us to flood the facility. Oh my god, that's the answer to the riddle, because that's what an eight thousand pound mako thinks about about freedom, about the deep blue sea.
Speaker 6: We have to kill her.
Speaker 4: Now, that's the first real smart thing you've said all day.
Speaker 5: Here we go.
Speaker 2: The shark bashes into the distant fence. Carter and Susan jog across the runway to load up on supplies.
Speaker 4: Let's go.
Speaker 2: Carter empties powder from flares into a metal canister and loads it into his spare gun.
Speaker 4: We ought to get about two and a half six of dynamite out of these flares from up here. You ought to be able to see me, spirit when I do. You take this end of the cable, hook it up to the positive side of the boat, battery and boom.
Speaker 2: Susan watches Carter joggling a stone walkway to get into position to shoot the shark.
Speaker 4: Damn, I can't get her. She's too far away.
Speaker 10: I know how to get her.
Speaker 4: How bait?
Speaker 2: What? Susan cuts the palm of her hand with the rustiest piece of shrub where she can find.
Speaker 6: She may be the smartest animal in the world, but she's still just an animal. Come to Mama.
Speaker 2: Susan jumps into the water.
Speaker 4: No Susan, No, Susan, don't.
Speaker 2: Carter runs to stop Susan, but the shark senses her blood and heads towards her.
Speaker 4: Get out of the water.
Speaker 2: Susan swims to a metal ladder in the stone wall, but the wrung falls out in her hand. She turns and sees the shark approaching. Carter drops the gun and dives into the water, but he is too late. Susan is grabbed, thrashed, chewed, and eventually swallowed hole. Carter tries to climb out of the water, with no success. He wrangles the shark and rides the fin as Preacher, having been awoken by the Ruckus, climbs a tower with the spear gun in hand. He stands and loads the spear gun, leveling it at the distant shark. With Carter still riding it all right, Lord.
Speaker 5: Doun it breach this is for skargins.
Speaker 4: Shoot it.
Speaker 2: He fires, hitting the shark fin but also spearing Carter in the leg ah.
Speaker 3: Deal.
Speaker 2: The spear gun is yanked from Preacher's hands as the long cables pulled. Tartar is unable to extricate himself from the spear world.
Speaker 4: Breach, blow it the battery, blow it, do it.
Speaker 2: The shark drags cart underwater as Preacher picks up the end of the cable. The shark swims through the hole it has made in the fence. Carter catches on the fence and it's wrenched from the shark. Preacher connects the cable to the boat battery, receiving a shock.
Speaker 9: Bown.
Speaker 2: The explosion engulfs Carter under the water, and the shark is vaporized. Bloody shark debris rains from the sky. Preacher looks distraught and that he sees a familiar face surface just clear of the blast radius.
Speaker 4: Con Hey sushi.
Speaker 2: Carter swims back without any sushi. Preacher helps him onto a stone platform.
Speaker 4: Forty five foot shark, and you hit me nice.
Speaker 7: It could have been worse.
Speaker 13: I could let him eat ass hey Karra we're sinking right, yep, me actually something Are you sure it was just three shots?
Speaker 11: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Oh okay, so lifts his legs out of the water justin kans.
Speaker 7: M hm, that's more like it.
Speaker 2: A boat appears on the horizon.
Speaker 7: Here comes the next shift.
Speaker 4: Let me tell you, man, I quit this job.
Speaker 3: Tim me back to the ghetto.
Speaker 4: Amen.
Speaker 2: The two collapses. The greatest end credits song in history plays out. We wouldn't have the rights to that.
Speaker 5: So the end we did it right.
Speaker 2: We read the whole thing. What on everybody?
Speaker 5: Thank you all very much?
Speaker 2: Yes, thank you everyone. This was that was that was fun.
Speaker 9: I was so sad if it's over already, everyone stayed, everyone died.
Speaker 2: Everyone's stay.
Speaker 5: I was like laughing to keep muting myself because I'm laughing.
Speaker 2: My are we going to do the same thing for two and three eventually?
Speaker 9: Who knows not?
Speaker 2: Maybe?
Speaker 5: Yes, yes, I'm reading deep I'll just already two.
Speaker 2: Months were putting those in the three years two years.
Speaker 10: Show shout out to incredibly ll impression.
Speaker 8: Goodness, oh my god, that was amazing.
Speaker 5: In the building.
Speaker 9: Shut out, when are you amazing?
Speaker 11: Okay, deepest bluest, I broke character like six times because you know I was trying to hold it in.
Speaker 3: Me.
Speaker 7: Charles to death across pressed cause you to see forty thousand leagues death.
Speaker 10: We do know we.
Speaker 5: Credits right there, please have the soundtracke and be that please.
Speaker 11: Right there?
Speaker 2: Absolutely absolutely so. This is a couple of his way have been released. But anyone going to think the.
Speaker 6: Plug that's nice?
Speaker 2: What we're gonna do?
Speaker 4: Is that a real statement? Joe?
Speaker 8: Oh yeah, because it'll be June.
Speaker 2: It'll be June twenty twenty six.
Speaker 8: I'm so confused.
Speaker 4: Wait monmorrow.
Speaker 5: So Nick.
Speaker 4: Like he made that tequila movie and it's not coming out for one hundred years.
Speaker 11: Well, no one will ever.
Speaker 7: Hear this.
Speaker 10: Isn't this the perfect opportunity to predict like the giant major world that listen, guys, then game huge pandemic last year twenty twenty five was great. I'm glad we all made it through.
Speaker 5: Oh, Elvis turns out to be alive. This whole time. You would have known. Man, it was crazy. I'm coming back on the news yesterday.
Speaker 10: It was a shock when that Aliens showed up and ran for president. But I'm glad we voted for him.
Speaker 11: I voted from I voted from.
Speaker 8: Ever actually wrote in on a meteor that smashed into the ocean.
Speaker 5: It was great, man, We we won baby Bruce Willis style.
Speaker 4: I can't believe Dune Messiah was terrible.
Speaker 5: Dudha thow oh I could have.
Speaker 11: I mean, I feel embarrassed by this, Like you know this banner I have here because I was a really big fan of the second one heard Garbage. Didn't feel a new the worst director ever get out of here.
Speaker 2: I mean he might have been canceled by then. We don't know.
Speaker 11: And he's a guy.
Speaker 2: I hope. No, he seems like a good guy. Uh yeah, great, Okay, so I did. You can find everyone everywhere they were two years ago. I guess I don't know what we're doing next week on this show because I haven't planned that far ahead schedule wise. I don't know Shargnado six, we'll see Heather, don't look excited.
Speaker 10: No, I've seen all of them.
Speaker 8: Island here, the movies they.
Speaker 2: Happened actually deep c four next week, people see four. That's what we'll cover on next week. Eventually, John Pogue listen to this, finally get onto it.
Speaker 5: But I think I think.
Speaker 2: That'll do for this show. I don't know how to end this because it's ridiculous. Thank you everyone for listening. Thank you massive, thank you to everyone on the show today. Thank you Emily, Heather, Nick, Jeannette, Norbert d J. It's thrilled to have your It was incredible, you were great.
Speaker 8: You were great.
Speaker 6: Everybody.
Speaker 2: Apologies to not as starting the role of Ben, to anybody that was just pick a cock up on my front, but there we are. And apologies every time I would do a gym or a bird voice and then have to stay direction and then not realize that was me again ten times.
Speaker 8: Yeah, I couldn't hear you. Every time you did it went quiet.
Speaker 2: A lot of the screams got canceled as well. I think, so anybody who did do a recording please send them my way. But yes, anything I pitched went out, so I might I might just have to sit there and do bird noises myself if they didn't get picked up on the mic. That's gonna be a fun afternoon. But I think I think that will do it. Mark anything more to.
Speaker 5: Add, This is wonderful.
Speaker 11: I'm very happy.
Speaker 2: This is perfect right Well that Deepacy the podcast our full script reading will oh Deep Blue see you next week.
Speaker 3: It