Speaker 1: Right four minutes after five o'clock on this final day of twenty twenty four.
Speaker 2: Gosh, who the time is flying? So h With that in mind, we are gonna have a little bit of fun today. We're gonna have a lot of stories, kind of look at the year and review and uh, some of the other stories that have popped up. There's, of course a couple of major sort of major stories that we need to cover as well. But we'll be reflecting on a lot of stuff and talk about our plans for twenty twenty five. Basically, yeah, phone numbers by the way, five one, three, seven, four, nine, fifty five one, eight hundred eight two three talk one eight hundred eight two three eight two five five pound, five point fifty at and T wireless phone. Of course, we're gonna cover some of the biggest stories of twenty twenty four. And I'm kind of curious from your perspective what you see as the major story of twenty twenty four. Really, there are probably five stories out there or more that in any other year probably would have been one of the top stories of the year, but because of everything else going on, they either you know, move within that top five range, and so I'm kind of curious as to what is top of your list. Also, do you have any plans for tonight? Any New Year's celebrations that you're going to be going to? What are your plans for that? I know in the Gordon household, we generally just stay at home. And I watched the ball drop, and you know, yeah, watch a couple of movies or something beforehand, and then watch the ball drop and have a nice dinner.
Speaker 3: It's funny.
Speaker 2: There's been two occasions where my wife decided that we were going to do something special. When one was for the Super Bowl an the other was for New Year's Eve one year. And we and now I've told you in the past that we are basically a family of three with the way I eat, sometimes maybe even a family of four. But she made some stuff for this super We were gonna have this, you know, kind of a Super Bowl. We're gonna watch the game, and so she started making all this stuff, and I swear we must have had enough food that we could have probably fed about ten people. Uh, And we were kind of looking at it and go, well, we're gonna have a lot of leftovers, But boy was it good stuff. And myself that day, and then a couple of years ago, same thing on New Year's Eve, saw, well, why don't we try this recipe or try this, and oh, let's try this as well, and we had a ton of food that night as well. So it's it's always interesting around the house because I've always I've said numerous times, I live I happen to live in the best restaurant in the world. So it makes it tough to go out to eat. I don't you know. We go out to eat a couple of times a week, but it's always interesting when she makes something and then she just ruins it for me to go out and eat that anyplace else because it never comes up to the same standards, whether it's lasagna or whether it's soups that she makes. Just about everything she makes is just amazing compared to what you get out. And when we do stuff around the house, grill out, do whatever we're going to do, we kind of look at that and say, gosh, the cost of this versus going out to dinner. The other thing you're missing though, is the cleanup. You don't have the cleanup at the end, and you got to wait service, and so you don't have the mess. But sometimes it's just worth going out because the quality of food or what you're.
Speaker 3: Going to be eating is not as good.
Speaker 2: And I'm not one of these guys that goes to fancy restaurants. My preference has always been what they refer to, or what I've referred to if heard referred to as greasy spoons. They're the mom and pop restaurants where some home cooking and your basic restaurant type foods. I love hamburgers, I love pizza, love ham sandwiches, I love all that kind of stuff. So going to a restaurant or going to a greasy spoon, whenever we're out and whenever we're driving around, whenever we are on vacation, we can try to find the little hole in the wall type of place to go eat. I remember when I was doing a showdown a little Rock, Arkansas. That's one of the things I used to do. I used to go out and try to find different places. Of course, I asked when I first got there, I was asking a bunch of the people on air where to go, where to eat, Where's the best pizza, Where's the best burger? And then I just started going around testing the places out and I would come back and I would kind of kind of do a mini review. I'm not one to do you know, all the ambiance and you know the delicacies in terms of what was you know, the bread. All I know is whether it tastes good or not. And I described, you know where I'd be. And what was interesting is a couple of restaurants would call the station and say, hey, can Kevin come over and try our restaurant. We've got this specialty that seemed like it might be good for him. And it was pretty cool. It was a lot of fun, and some of the hole in the wall places that you find is just absolutely incredible. Now you've always heard, I'm sure, the phrase dive, and you've heard, you know, well, I don't know if you've ever heard the term greasy spoon. But a difference between a dive and a greasy spoon is whether or not they sell liquor. And so a dive would be a dive bar where it's kind of a homegrown type of neighborhood bar that has food. And sometimes a lot of those places have some excellent food as well. And so the culinary exploration of Kevin Gordon is kind of well documented, and my wife kind of well kind of just enjoys it as well. Now that's not to say that we don't occasionally go to a nice restaurant, but sometimes it's one of those things where you look at a price and you look at what you're eating and it's like, gosh, is it really worth it?
Speaker 3: I can remember going back to when.
Speaker 2: I was down in Little Rock, Arkansas, the salespeople or the program director in the in the station, the course, like we do here, have some rock stations and some music stations, and these radio or these record people would come in and try to whine and dine the program director or the disc jockeys to talk about some of the music that they're playing or kind of introduce them to some of the new songs that are coming up. And once in a while they take them to dinner. And every time there would be like one of the guys that couldn't go, and so they'd give me a holler and say, Hey, we're going out to dinner tonight.
Speaker 3: You want to you want to head out?
Speaker 2: And I got to tell you in a Little Rock, Arkansas, which is kind of a cool little town, well, you know, Bill Clinton obviously down there but a lot of stories about him down there. But going to a lot of these different restaurants. We went to some of the best restaurants in Little Rock, Arkansas, some very high class restaurants, steakhouses and stuff. And quite honestly, I'm looking at the menu and the guy says, you know, get whatever you want. I'm like, my goodness, I'm looking at the prices and I'm like, my god, I feel guilty eating this. And when i was eating and I was thinking, my god, I'm glad I'm not paying for this, because I'd have a heart attack based on the price that I'd get the bill at the end of the dinner. But I'm just kind of a basic kind of guy. And so anyway, getting back to the story. On New Year's Eve, I had a lot of stuff that that night, and we just had a great time watching movies, watching some of the news events, and then of course watching some of the entertainment, flipping around the stations, and then watching the ball drop at midnight. So I'm not quite sure what our plans are for tonight, but I'm sure we'll come up with something fun because we always do. So Anyway, again, got the phone numbers out there and I see Bobby. Let's go to the phones right now, Bobby fifty five k s. Happy New Year and Happy New Year's Eve. I guess I should say.
Speaker 4: Hey, my brother, I tell you what hold that torture of freedom up high and bright? It's dark outside.
Speaker 3: Oh, you bet you. We certainly will.
Speaker 4: Well, we got the governor of the state of Ohio. I think you'll make that appointment probably today or tomorrow, so I hope it's too I think it will be.
Speaker 3: What is the shortlist of you some of them? Have you seen the shortlist on that?
Speaker 4: Or well, Jane Daney, girl from up here in Columbus, and his uh you know number two man is the governor. But I thank you. I hope that he'd take Orlando Salsa. Yeah, you know, somebody from the Cincinnati area to replace the Cincinnati Senator. And you will find a better man than that. Change some of the guard out from the Columbus people.
Speaker 3: I'll tell you what.
Speaker 2: That would be great because you know, living over in Kentucky, I kind of I have to really well, I have to work it to get together with politicians over here on this side of the river. And so I've gone to a bunch of the fundraisers with Orlando. Very impressive young man and really has a lot of good ideas and a lot of and what he stood for. And it's amazing to me watching the inner workings of the Republican Party, especially in Hamilton County and as far as the state is concerned, they kind of still have that old guard mentality where they pick certain people and those are the people that they push as opposed to some of the bright young stars and some of the people that should be in line. But because somebody's been there for a while, all of a sudden, it seems as though that it's their shot instead of them having to go in the primary or go in and actually prove themselves. So that would be a that would be an excellent pick on the part of the Wine. But again, waiting for to Wine to do something right would be you know, that's like Annabasher in Kentucky trying to do something right.
Speaker 4: So you couldn't put it in better by brother. The next thing I'm really proud about is that when our President Trump comes and takes his inauguration, it's going to be on the MLK Day. So he's done a lot for the black community and he's going to be taking the oath of office on the MLK days.
Speaker 3: That's going to be interesting.
Speaker 2: I hadn't thought that far ahead and looked at the at the date and I know it was around that time. But that's cool, that'd be That's interesting. What's your top story of twenty twenty four?
Speaker 5: Brother?
Speaker 4: I tell you what all we're going to try to do is keep that flag of flying and the torch of burning and try to do everything we can because we're in the midst of a cultural revolution. People need to understand that and don't be complacent. Be awall goes on around.
Speaker 3: You, exactly.
Speaker 2: And I think the overall theme should be with as vigilant as we were in twenty twenty, well actually since since twenty sixteen, as vigilant as we've been to try to make America great and to try to move America forward and keep us as strong and as impactful and world leaders in this world. We just can't stop. We got to keep the vigilance. We can't rest on our laurels. We got to keep pushing forward because the other side is always going to be pushing their agenda and trying to ramrod that down our throat. As we discussed yesterday with my guest Even Moser from a population research institute, talking about the communist influence around the world and how that has kind of creeped into the United States. And if you look at some of the policies of the Democrats and the Democratic platform, there's a little bit a twinge of a whole lot of twinge of socialism and a little dab communism in there as well.
Speaker 3: So we got it.
Speaker 4: As you say, I try to make a difference between a brand or a foe than an adversary or an inmate. Yeah, and using the word democrat anymore doesn't really fit the narrative of the individual that are on the left. Yah, there's nothing. But you know, I seem as short of enemies as the state. And that's how I feel.
Speaker 2: And I don't know that I can actually disagree with you on that when I look and as I as I've said, I if I could wave a magic wand I would kind of prefer that Fox News or some of the conservative outlets stop playing the clips of the people on the left on the view on some of these ms NBC shows or CNN, because they get more views and more ears on Fox than they do on their own programs. However, the other flip side of that is we still have to know what nonsense is going on on the left. It's good to know who your enemies are and what they're thinking, so that you're not a surprise when they bring these things out. So I'm kind of torn. I don't like seeing it on the air because you're giving them too much props. But on the other hand, you got to know where are coming from. So well, Bobby, I'm up against the break. You have a you have one book. We got one finals thought before we get out of here. Oh okay, well, Bobby, thanks so much for the phone call. I certainly appreciate it again. Five one three seven four nine fifty five hundred one eight hundred eight two three talk one eight hundred eight two three eight two five five pound, five point fifty AT and T wireless phone. We're off and running with one of the best calls and one of the best callers of the day.
Speaker 3: Well see if you can top that.
Speaker 2: I'm Kevin Gordon in for Brian Thomas, fifty five KR see the talk station five twenty one. I'm if almost five twenty two in the morning. Kevin Gordon and for Brian Thomas fifty five KRS the talk station. You know, one of the things that again looking forward to twenty twenty five, I've mentioned this before and I just there is just this air of optimism. You see this in a lot of different businesses. You see this as far as some of the people ramping up and thinking in terms of what they are going to capital expenditure wise, as far as their companies are concerned, looking at some of the companies that are looking to expand, and the idea that people are more optimistic as far as what they are looking for in twenty twenty five. And contrast you can trast that with what you are seeing in again the spoon fed regurgitators in the mainstream media. And you have to look in between the lines sometimes when you're reading some of these stories, because they always have to throw this little barb in there, and the one barb that they keep throwing in there that is just well, it's just so typical. How we can go back to twenty fifteen, We can go back to whenever you want, of where the media will pick out a sentence of a speech or a comment from Trump and then blow that up as opposed to putting the contextual reasoning behind that, taking it out of context, or finishing the entire sentence as to what was being said. And one of the things we keep hearing about is tariffs, tariffs, tariffs, How this is going to lead to inflation? Even Jerome Powell with the Federal Reserve, which is not and even though that it's called the Federal Reserve, it is not connected to the government. A lot of people think it is, but it is supposed to be the separate, independent agency that handles money supply, money flow, interest rates, and the economy, you know, trying to tweak the economy because due to whether the jobs are strong or the inflation is high, and they generally have a pretty bad track record of doing that. And they have pretty much as far as what they've done as far as the economy, I would give them about a C minus in terms of what they've tried to do in terms of trying.
Speaker 3: To control inflation.
Speaker 2: But when you have an administration that is out of control with their energy policy, when they don't know what they're doing as far as running businesses or how to run a country, when you start off your administration by saying we're going to just cancel everything and start from scratch from what the previous administration did. And so when you do that, you're going to open yourself up for failure. And then when you start throwing money into the economy like they did, and as they were worn with the stimulus packages, the final stimulus package that caused inflation, that put too much money into the pockets, because then people had more money and they could stay home. So the Federal Reserve had a task of fighting against the administration of them bidnomics and ruining the economy, and then them trying to put a rudder on that or a steering wheel or something to control all that. So when you look at going ahead, even Jerome Powell has said that, well, well it's uncertain whether we should decrease interest rates even further because there is a possibility of inflation on the horizon. Well, based on what you've got the previous four years when Trump was in office, what was the inflation rate? Then people were saying the tariffs that he levied back then were going to lead to inflation.
Speaker 3: They didn't.
Speaker 2: And when he talks about now as being tariffs as a negotiating tool in order to get better bargains or to get our goods into these different countries that are banning or you know, putting tariffs on our goods coming into their countries. You know, it's a little tit for tat there. Why should they be dumping their cheap goods in the United States and making an unfair competition with our domestic manufacturers and the people that are making here. And I've got a story coming up we'll get to pretty soon about how Walma and a particular country company we're able to reverse the tide in terms of manufacturing and manufacturing goods that can sell at a reasonable price in competition with foreign competition. Five one, three, seven, four nine fifty five hundred one, eight hundred eight two three talk one eight hundred eight two three eight two five five pound, five point fifty AT and T wireless phone. Kevin Gordon in for Brian Thomas, fifty five KRC, The Talk Station.
Speaker 6: Fifty five KRC.
Speaker 2: Five thirty in the morning, Kevin Gordon in for Brian Thomas, fifty five KRC, The Talk Station. This one story just I keep seeing this pop up and it just absolutely boggles my mind and bothers me. The corner ideas. The thirty three year old girl that was mauled by I think I heard yesterday that this was the sixth, third or fourth mauling of a human in Ohio during this past year. And they are talking about the father was sleeping at the time, that the people calling nine to one one, and they've got the recordings of that. What amazes me is that, And I know I'm probably going to stir some pot here, but people keep forgetting that dogs are animals, that animals are going to act like animals, and at some time or another, they a flip of a coin, could go either way. They can be very gentle to a certain extent, but then at some point in time they can flip. And to have a dog that is of a very large size that would overpower and could maul a three year old, you gotta wonder, you gotta wonder. I know there are certain breeds that are very gentle. I know that they're but at any given time, a dog can react like it's an animal. It's not a human being, it is not a family member. I'm sorry, but a dog is a dog, a cat is a cat. They are animals. You can call yourself a I'm gonna get into it here. You can call yourself a pet parent, But the bottom line is is that animals are going to behave like animals. And when you look at certain breeds and when you see stories that certain breeds are vicious and that they are the type of dogs that will attack, then you need to be proactive. And if you're going to have children, or if you're gonna have kids around that animal, make sure that you have the right breed in the house in order to handle that. And I it bothers me that when these especially when you've got something that could be easily present preventable simply because they.
Speaker 3: Choose to have.
Speaker 2: This animal in the home that is too big and maybe not the right breed. When you look around and you say each year, seventeen thousand dog bites are reported by local public health agencies, seventeen thousand.
Speaker 3: That is a that it shocked.
Speaker 2: Me when I read the number, because we put so much emphasis and it seems so many people put so much emphasis on treating these animals as if they are humans, and where they how they feed them, where they feed them. You see these like for instance, you I mean, you do any reading on this, and you read that you know, dogs are meant to be eating stuff off with the way they eat them, like it's off the floor or at a low position, putting putting these dog bowls up in a position of where it's kind of like almost a mini table for them. That is not the way their bodies have been constructed. You look at these dogs, you look at animals in the wild, what they do, how they eat, and what they do when they're eating. If you tend to follow that, it would be like changing our eating habits by where we sit, where where we stand, how we do certain things. But the way it is is the way you the animal is made. And it's just amazing me. It bothers me every time I read one of these stories, and there are I think, out of the three maulings or whatever, two of them were children and one was a seventy eight year old woman somewhere in the state. But it's just, uh, it's just a tragic story. Phone numbers five one, three four nine fifty, five hundred one, eight hundred eight two three talk one eight hundred eight two three eight two five five pound, five point fifty at and T wireless phone Kevin Gordon and for Brian Thomas fifty five KR see the talk station.
Speaker 7: This is fifty five KRC, an iHeartRadio station, run a business, and not the.
Speaker 3: Five forty in the morning.
Speaker 2: Kevin Gordon for Brian Thomas, fifty five KR, se the talk station phone there was five one three, seven four nine fifty, five hundred one, eight hundred eight two three talk one eight hundred eight two three eight two five five pound, five fifty AT and T wireless phone.
Speaker 8: UH.
Speaker 2: For my money, I would say that the biggest story of the year, UH overall.
Speaker 3: Was the election that we saw.
Speaker 2: We saw that all of the all the stuff that we've been hearing for oh ever, since Trump came down the later in twenty fifteen, being a threat to democracy, being Hitler, being Mussolini, the end of democracy as we know it, and that you know, as they called a existential thread, he's a Nazi and all this sort of stuff. I've mentioned this several times before, and it bears repeating and repeating, because certain things just don't quite sink in the first time, and you have to repeat things over and over again. And I cannot emphasize enough that if you see something, you see an attack from the left, when you hear an accusation from them. All you need to do is realize that I do a little bit of digging, and they are guilty of what it is that they are accusing the other side of I don't care. Well, you can go down the list. I don't care. If you can look at racism. Democratic Party is the party of racism. It is the party of Jim Crow Laws. It was the party of slavery, It was the party of the black codes. It is the party of segregation. If you go back and you look at all of the civil rights movement, if you look at all of the southern towns down there, all of the beatings, all of the every you know, when you listen to Martin Martin Luther King Junior's I have a dream speech. Every southern state that he mentions was had a Democrat governor in every one of these cities. Were Democrat mayors. In the sheriffs that were doing the beatings, the dogs that were turned on people, the water hoses, all Democrats, and coming across the Edmund Pettis Bridge, that bloody Sunday, Democrats doing the beatings, Democrats doing the billy clubs and trying to tamp down segregation, it wasn't until the Voting Rights Act, or first of all, the Civil Rights Act of nineteen sixty four, when the Republicans actually in more as far as a larger percentage voted for that bill got that passed. And if it wasn't for the efforts of Senator Everett Dirkson, who was probably one of the last Republican senators from the state of Illinois. He spearheaded that and pushed that through beyond the filibuster one of the longest filibusters in history by Robert Byrd. You know Robert KKK Bird, Democrat senator from West Virginia. Oh yes, a mentor to Hillary Clinton, Joe Biden's friend. Yeah, Biden talks about Oh yeah, he used to work with some of these segregationists and they were you know that, but that's how they got things done. Okay, So you have there a member now, Robert Byrd. And this is probably old news to a lot of people, but Robert Byrd was more than just a racist. He was a former klansman. And I'm not so sure the former actually applies, because there were records of him being a klansman up until at least nineteen fifty even though he said that he stopped sometime in the forties, and he was a little bit more, a lot more than just a klansman. He was what they call a klegal, which is the guy that goes out and recruits people. So back in the day when you had during the depression, when you had during the low economic times, people were making about twenty bucks an hour or twenty bucks a day, Robert Byrd was making sixty dollars a week going out and recruiting people to come into the KKK. And he was made the chapter of the Exalted Cyclops of that particular chapter, so he had his own chapter. And yet every time we hear about racism and putting that on the Republican Party, Okay, all they can come up with is a disgraced David Duke who was run out of the Republican Party. Nobody wants to associate with him. Everybody pushed him aside. When his name comes up, they denounce him. Did anybody denounce Robert Byrd? Look at the eulogy that was done by Bill Clinton. It is incredible at praising this racist. And so when you look back on the allegations of racism, all they've got to do is look at what is going on in their own party. And if you look at Bill Clinton and Hillary Clinton, they have a history of racism between the two of them. Bill Clinton's mentor, Orville Fabas, He's the guy that infamously stood in front of the Central High School, Little Rock, Arkansas and prevented the Little Rock nine from coming into the school.
Speaker 3: There.
Speaker 2: Bill Clinton Fulbright scholar, William Fulbright, avid racist, was a member of the what they referred to as the southerns what they call the Southern author of one of the authors of the Southern Manifesto. There was a group of Dixiecrats that after the Brown versus Board of Education Supreme Court ruling came down that not ended separate but equal, they protested and said that they were going to fight this and form this group of Dixiecrats wrote the Southern Manifesto. And William Fulbright was one of those people. And yet Bill Clinton Fulbright scholar comes from some pretty heavy races. And here's the thing that shocked me. When I was down to a Little Rock, Arkansas. I actually went and interviewed I was going to have her on the program, but I wound up leaving the station before I could get her on the air.
Speaker 3: Little Rock nine. After the.
Speaker 2: National Guard was there to allow those kids and to protect those kids to come in. The federal government took over the school system, the school district in Little Rock, Arkansas, and was in charge of that until the schools were desegregated. Take a wild guess when those schools were desegregated. I'm gonna save that until after the break. I'm Kevin Gordon in for Brian Thomas, fifty five kr SE detalk.
Speaker 7: Station fifty five KRC getting quality employees to fillp his.
Speaker 2: Pick five fifty one in the morning, Kevin Gordon and for Brian Thomas.
Speaker 3: Fifty five kr SE.
Speaker 2: The talk station phone numbers five one, three, seven, four nine fifty, five hundred one, eight hundred eight two three talk one eight hundred eight two three eight two five five pound, five point fifty on that AT and T wireless phone. Before the break I mentioned, when do you suppose or when do you think the Little Rock, Arkansas School District was desegregated enough that the overall federal control was turned back over to the local school board. Now, this incident with the Little Rock nine happened in nineteen fifty nine when Orville Faubas stood in front of that school and prevented the Little Rock nine from attend, or actually any blacks, any blacks to attend. And then it took the federal troops to come down there, sent by Eisenhower, by the way, a Republican. So then the federal government took control of those schools until they desegregated. Now, mind you, Bill Clinton was the attorney general there for four years and then wound up being governor for eight, so in charge of or in a elected position in Arkansas for twelve years prior to him running for president nineteen ninety two. Hillary Clinton supposedly this champion of racial equality who was his wife, and talked about all the great things she did as first lady down there. So do you suppose that the Little Rock schools were desegregated by then? No, no, no, no, you'd be wrong. Little Rock, Arkansas schools were turned over to the school District in twenty fourteen.
Speaker 3: Twenty fourteen.
Speaker 2: It cost the taxpayers of Little Rock School District and the people of Arkansas almost a billion and a half dollars from nineteen fifty nine up until twenty fourteen, when they were sufficiently desegregated enough for the federal government to stop being in control of the schools there. So, if Bill Clinton was this big champion of racial rights and desegregation, why didn't he start in his own backyard.
Speaker 3: It's just the things when you learned.
Speaker 2: The history of what they accuse us of doing, when you look at when they talk about Nazis, when you talk about what was going on, what did FDR do to stop Nazi Nazi atrocities. He refused to bomb any of the railroad lines leading to the death camps. He knew what was going on in those death camps. He also knew some of the persecutions that were going on of the Jewish people prior to World War Two. And he's the one that didn't allow the ship, the Saint Louis from bringing nine hundred and thirty two Jewish settlers from Europe from Germany to land in the United States. And that ship went from port to port, was refused to entry, and then also refused entry down in South America, wound up returning to Europe. And these people were deposited in Belgium and they figured, Okay, well that's far enough away from Germany. Not so fast when Germany invaded Belgium and took over one third of those people on board that ship wound up dying in concentration camps. Thank you very much, Franklin Delano Roosevelt for fighting Nazism and the sympathizers. And then when you talk about communist influence in the FDR cabinet and in his government, there were numerous communists in there, and his thinking was, well, you know what, if I have some communists in my cabinet or communists in my administration, I can keep an eye on them and I know what they're up to.
Speaker 3: How did that work out for you?
Speaker 2: Coming up the top of the hour, take your phone calls and even more again setting the stage here, what's your biggest story for the year, what's your plans for the New Year's celebration and what are you hoping for twenty twenty five? If I one three seven four nine fifty five one eight hundred eight two three talk one eight hundred eighty two three eight two five five pound five fifty the AT and T wireless phone, Kevin Gordon in for Brian Thomas, fifty five krs the talk station, there's.
Speaker 9: No shortage of stuff to talk about in twenty twenty five. I'm the conversation is happening here on fifty five KRS the talk station.
Speaker 2: I'll right, five minutes after six o'clock. Happy New Year to the people listening to fifty five KRC in America's Samoa and New Zealand. They are actually celebrating New Year's Day right as we speak. The ball has dropped there at the top of the hour, and they're all in the party mood there. So that will start going across the from the Pacific and on into the Eastern time zone, across the Europe and so on, it comes over heads to the West, and eventually it comes to us at midnight. So happy news to all of our listeners out there on American Samoa and New Zealand. Now I got to tell you, I'm a little proud of myself. I love something over on I printed. I hit print on something, and for some reason it went over to our newsroom, which is probably about forty yards away. So after I did the weather announcement, I did the forty yard dash over there to get that and then back so probably under probably about forty yard dashing about the maybe about six seconds flat both ways. So not too bad, not too bad out of breath either. So I'm kind of proud of myself today, you know. So anyway, I just thought i'd give you a little bit of heads up there. One of the things I want to see happen in twenty twenty twenty five. One of my goals, aside from everything on the national stage and wanting to make sure that doze it gets off to a good start. The Department of Government Efficiency, which again operating kind of independently outside the government, could have a long way because if you're in an advisory capacity and these guys are going to be doing this for free, they're not going to get paid for this, so they're not beholding to anybody.
Speaker 3: And one of the.
Speaker 2: Things and you know, all right, here I go, I'm interrupting myself. And this is one of the things my wife always tells me. She says, you know, when you're in the middle of the thought, you always interrupt yourself. Well, I'm going to interrupt myself here. You know, last week we kept hearing about all this. You know, Elon musk Is is actually the president and Donald Trump is the vice president. They're trying to draw this red wedge in between Donald Trump and Elon Musk and trying to sow some seeds of doubt and trying to stir the pot as far as everything is concerned, and people are talking about, well, we're uncomfortable with this relationship with this billionaire having an influence over our government. It's now become where like Russia. And of course because Trump, you know, loves Vlatimir Putin and wants to be a dictator, right, so he wants to have these oligarchs that are part of the federal.
Speaker 3: Government that run things.
Speaker 2: And so when they're talking about Elon Musk having too much influence because he helped fund you know, because of Twitter, because of actually having a fair and independent journalism outlet, I guess you will. You know, Twitter is not journalism, but people can get on there and express their thoughts. But by that, that's one of the things that people talked about, and especially some of the money that Elon Musk contributed that helped Donald Trump get elected. But why wouldn't you want to have advice from a billionaire another billionaire because who are they going to be influenced by? Are they going to be influenced by special interest? Are they going to be influenced by lobbyists. Are they going to be paid to have an opinion? How do you bribe them? How do you influence them? They've got more money than you know, just well the richest man in the world, So how how is that not a good thing? But of course when she was on the other foot, and again, who's doing the accusations, who's making the accusations, And let's not forget who's doing that accusations.
Speaker 3: That's the left.
Speaker 2: Well, you got Mark Zuckerberg, you got Bill Gates, You've got George Sorows, You've got all of the Hollywood people. Oprah Win Fee is a campaign donor and a supporter of the Democratic Party.
Speaker 3: She's a billionaire.
Speaker 2: Nobody concerned themselves with those billionaires influencing things, But all of a sudden, when a Democrat or when a Republican has billionaires influencing them. And by the way, I did not misspeak. I know her name is oprah Winfree, but now I call her oprah win Fee because she is not free. You have to pay for her endorsement, as we found with the Kamala Harris fiasco.
Speaker 3: There So, going.
Speaker 2: Into the new year, Vivek Ramaswami and Elon Musk being on part of this DOGE Department of Government Efficiency, they can make all kinds of recommendations. They can get in, they can look at some of these things. And we talked last week about the Festivus Report that Ran Paul puts together every year, and it goes down some of the government funding and some of the projects that are being funded. And I'm sure you've heard some of the stories about different giving rats cocaine and do they prefer cocaine over food as if, as if you need that study as some of the crazy stuff that's done where we're spending money, who we're giving foreign aid to. Even Trump mentioned last week we're giving one hundred billion dollars a year, one hundred billion dollars a year in foreign aid to Canada. We're giving hundreds of billions of dollars to foreign aid in Mexico. And as he said, why not just the heck with him? Just make them a fifty first state. I mean, it makes and there's some levity to that, but all seriousness. So the Festivus Report put together by Rand Paul comes up with a little bit over a trillion dollars just there. The Office of Management and Budget every year comes up with their laundry list. The Inspector General's report comes out every year where they're talking about the different waste and fraud and abuses within the federal government.
Speaker 3: We see the.
Speaker 2: IG Department once in a while that'll come up and say, you know, they're the ones that started reporting or reported on some of the stimulus checks. The fraud there, some of the stuff that they've in investigated and people that they've prosecuted for getting the from the Cares Act, getting these government subsidies to keep their businesses open when in fact they didn't have a business, and that they've fraudulently claimed that they had employees, that they had a business, and they got federal funds. So we see those reports, we see that the stimulus check that went out, how some of them went to actually people that were in prison, some people that were in federal well penitentiaries around the country.
Speaker 3: I went to dead people.
Speaker 2: And so when the federal government doesn't watch what they're doing, they can waste a ton of money. And just by stopping that, and when you're talking about oh, well this is going to cut into Medicare, that's going to cut into Medicaid. This is going to cut in you know, social Security, They're going to cut benefits and all these lies that they've been telling. Well, you know, if you're going to bankrupt the fund, if you're not going to have money available for the intended purpose, the easiest way to do that is to raid that pot of money. And when you look at what has been done with us is Social Security. You know, even al Gore, remember al Gore talking about that Social Security was going to be put in a lock box where nobody could touch it. Well, why did he say that, Because in the past it wasn't in a lockbow, it wasn't set aside. The federal government used that stream of money to fund other things and dropped the little io you in there, just an io you, not with interest, but just an io you. We'll replace that money later on. And then when they started looking at Social Security and saying, you know what, soci Security is going bankrupt. You know, we're running out of money, then it had to be refortified. And during the Reagan years they had to do certain things to tweak it and extend it on for another thirty years. And we keep hearing this stuff and then on top of that, that's not enough. So we just can't have Social Security going out in the form of Social Security checks. No, we got to start layering in SSI payments, which is supplemental Security income for people who are on disability. Now they're taking money out of the retirement fund, which was supposed to be a retirement fund, and they're paying this, and then we find out that money has been coming out of that fund to pay and house illegal aliens. In addition to the funds that were supposed to be available for disaster relief that went to housing illegal aliens, so that when it came to a disaster relief for Hurricane Helene and Milton, that the funds weren't there. And they say, oh, that's a lie, that's a conspiracy, that is a lie, flat out lie, and you're just trying to mislead people. Well, the people that were misleading the people were the people that were saying that we were misleading because of the actual facts. And when the stories came out of the number of people that have been ignored, amount of people that hadn't seen a federal worker, hadn't seen any people from FEMA, then all of a sudden, the words started getting out and they started having to do something about that. So when you start seeing these funds being distributed from one group to another because there's a pot of money there and one of my well, you know, I've talked about this numerous times before, when you talk about the funding and you talk about back in twenty thirteen, how they you know, finally, you know, we got to build this here, right here, right now, the replacement Brent Spence Bridge placement that that project had to be built. They had to do it right now. That they had to get this legislation passed in the Kentucky Senate and out which would fund public private partnerships and then they could use that in order to build this bridge with tolls, which you know, the story I've talked about that. Now you look at the Highway Trust Fund, this is a classic example of when we were fighting the tolls on the Brents Benz Bridge. Looking at the Federal Highway Trust Fund, You've got all this money going in there from gas taxes, diesel taxes, you got excise tax on tires on trucks, excise taxes on the trailers that they haul, on the cabs that they drive, and you have all these taxes that go into this fund to repair highways, and instead of leaving that money in there when you have a brand new highway system, when you don't have many repairs at all, what they did is they raided that and said, you know what, we've got this pot of money that's not going to be used for a few more years, because when something's brand new, it doesn't break down in the first four or five six years, So we'll just go ahead spend that money and then put it back in later on. Well, that later on never did happen. And then when it came time to start doing some of these repairs, that's when they started doing some of these tolls around the country, and they started doing higher assessments and making sure that the states were charging people to drive on these highways and upping these excise tax And when we came to find out in that investment and looking into that that a third, even to this day, a third of what goes into that Highway Trust Fund is spent on things other than highways, bridges, tunnels, and so on. And we'll bring that up. I'll let you know where that money goes coming up. I'm Kevin Gordon in for Brian Thomas fifty five KRS the.
Speaker 6: Talk station fifty five KARC just in time for the New year.
Speaker 9: The new and improved free iHeartRadio app.
Speaker 2: Is the first one and forecast during morning rush, We're gonna have a wet start to the day, rainy, wendy and a low of four twenty seven. Rain continues into the afternoon. Whins could reach as high as thirty to thirty miles per hour, a high of only fifty Tuesday night, getting ready for the New Year's eve Ball drop any of your outside celebrations. Rain should be drying out prior to that tempature's fall colder. Look for a low of thirty two on a New Year's day, mostly cloudy, some sun possible.
Speaker 3: It's cold again, a high of thirty eight and a low of twenty six.
Speaker 2: Right now forty four degree is fifty five per se detalk station and Chuck Ingram updates.
Speaker 10: Our traffic from the U S Howth Traffic Center.
Speaker 11: The University of sintin Ed Cancer Centers the region's first and only provider as specialized primary care services for cancer bass and survivors called five one three five eighty five U S seat Seed Highway Traffic.
Speaker 10: Continues to look pretty good this morning.
Speaker 11: There's some heavy rainfalling in some spots, so traffic slowing the bit they are and construction isn't helping any On the Carroll Cropper Bridge, both east and westbound. I see a few break lights between Indiana and Kentucky judging the tide.
Speaker 10: Prez DE talk station.
Speaker 2: Six twenty one in the morning Kevin Gorton and for Brian Thomas if you have KERO, see the talk station plone numbers five one, three, seven, four nine fifty, five hundred one, eight hundred eighty two three talk one eight hundred eight two three eight two five five pound five point fifty on that at and T wireless bill or phone rather looking at the bill for instance. As far as the Highway Trust Fund, I mentioned the previous segment that over a third of the money going into that Highway Trust Fund is spent on things other than highways and bridges. That we were told that, Well, when you pay your gasoline tax at the federal on the state level, that goes in the Highway Trust Fund. Right, So when you hear Highway trust fund, what do you think that this is a trust fund that's there for highways. Okay, so what's that money used for. Well, remember talking about Joe Biden, how he used to go from Washington, d C. Back to Delaware every night on the train, supposedly to spend time with his family and just to be a good old lunch bucket Joe and blue collar Joe and whatever. Well that was funded. That was subsidized by you and me. Because the Northeastern Corridor, the Amtrak system up there, is funded out of the Highway Highway Trust Fund. So there's the subsidy there. They should be paying twice what they're paying for on a normal ticket. Then you look at hiking and biking trails, and before you start calling and saying, well Kevin, I love my hiking trails and I love my biking trails and on and on and on, Well that's all well and good, but is it a highway and walking trail hiking trail trust fund?
Speaker 3: Is it a highway.
Speaker 2: And bike trail trust fund? No, Now it would be very I mean we keep talking about when the arguments come about tolling, Well, if you use it, you use it, you pay for it. Why doesn't that apply to these hiking trails and biking trails and again I'm not opposed to those things, but when you look at the equipment, when you look at the bikes, when you look at the shoes, when you look at the walking sticks, backpacks, bottles, gloves, gear, helmets, the whole equipment, the clothing for biking and hiking that is used. Couldn't there be a little bit of a tiny tax on that, maybe a penny or so on, maybe a one percent tax on all the stuff that they do that that goes into a hiking trail and biking trail fund to fund these projects. And maybe if they did that, they wouldn't have to put them on streets or do them in certain areas where it just seems like, oh, you paint a solid white line, and then this part. You know, when you're driving down the road, all of a sudden you see this solid white line and there's what about a five six foot space between that and the curb. Oh, well, that's for bikes over there, because you know a car can't go over that, that solid white line. And some of you drive down some of these areas and you see where these bike biking trails are, or the biking the coexistence with some of these streets and you go down and you look at those and in certain instances, and at least a lot of places where I've driven, you see you see the symbol for the bikes on that path, and then all of a sudden you get to a street and it ends, and then it doesn't continue from that point on.
Speaker 3: So it's like, why bother?
Speaker 2: And you you know, build them where and use the money out of a trust fund that's set up for that, and tax the people that use them, unless they just want to put a turnstyle on these things and just have people drop a coin in there when they use them. Five one three seven four nine fifty eight hundred eight two three talk one eight hundred eight two three eight two five five pound five fifty AT and T wireless phone. Kevin Gordon in for Brian Thomas, fifty five K see the talk station.
Speaker 9: Fifty five the talks station in the US there.
Speaker 3: Six twenty nine in the morning.
Speaker 2: Kevin Gordon in for Brian Thomas, fifty five kre see the talk station. Look, yeah, some of the local headlines and I just cannot get away from this story. The three year old girl that was mauled by this dog. Actually there were three dogs in the home and appears as though that she was mauled by.
Speaker 3: Two of them. I just.
Speaker 2: Now in the latest stories, I don't see the breed of the dog, and I'm sure that's done for a particular reason. I'm sure that they're not identifying that that. I'm sure that they're you know, I guess shaming, dog shaming or breed shaming. I don't know. But they talk about in this story and talk about how other dog attacks and some interesting facts according to what goes on. I mentioned on the previous hour that seventeen dog seventeen thousand dog bites are reported to local public agencies and all just in Ohio, experts say at least another seventeen thousand bites go unreported nationwide. One million of the four point seven million people bitten by dogs yearly require medical treatment. Kids under ten account for nearly half of the bite victims and are overrepresented in the fatalities. Now, you can imagine as far as a child is concerned, a child going up to a dog, you know, there's you know, an adult goes up and they pet a dog and they are you know whatever, they you know, petting a dog and sometimes play with a toy. But kids because they're used to their stuffed animals or used to certain things. How many times do you see a child go over and kind of almost jump on a dog or go up and try to lay on a dog because they look at it as if it's some sort of a stuffed animal. And then the dog sometimes, you know, some of the breeds, the dog will just you know, get up and kind of mosey on, mosy on its way. But in some instances the dog will turn around and kind of nip at the child. And if you have an aggressive breed of dog, then that could turn in this instance, and in many instances around the country deadly. And so why this is going on? And I was Gez, I read this and I couldn't believe what I was reading. Okay, Cincinnati Animal Care was called Friday morning to remove three dogs from the home. The dogs are currently being held for a state mandated ten day quarantine period. As shelter spokesperson said, judges have the discretion to order the euthanasia of dogs or vicious dogs after the first unprovoked attack. Often often it's left to the dog owner.
Speaker 3: If to the dog.
Speaker 2: Owner, now some mean it's it says the people. They love their animals. They're not going to kill them. You know, this is just a one off. This dog has never done this before. Often it's less up to the dog owner. If the dog is already deemed vicious gets out and kills a second person, the judge must order euthanasia a second person. So if a dog mauls somebody and kills them, I guess what you get one strike. You're not at out, but oh you go out and kill somebody else, and all of a sudden you're going to be put down. This is insane. And when you look at the story online and you look at this precious little well, all children are pressure, let's get right down to it.
Speaker 3: They are just so cute.
Speaker 2: And the picture of this little girl at Christmas time, at the Christmas tree and a photo of her opening gifts, it just it just tugs at your heart. And especially you know there are going to be accents. There are going to be things that happen. You can get killed in a traffic accent. You can get killed almost anywhere. And you read some of these stories of some of these weird ways that people have died, and you see them all the time. But when you have something as preventable as this, To have this happen, it just boggles my mind and bothers me looking at some of the other local headlines. One person has died after a small plane crashed in Adam's count a Monday afternoon, units of the Ohio State Patrol Georgetown Posts were dispatched at three point thirty four pm to Saving Savage Road in Bratton Township for reports of a small plane that had crashed. The area is north of Peebles and the west of State Route seventy three. Apparently the according to the sources, there was only one person on board.
Speaker 3: And it was the pilot that was killed in this accident.
Speaker 2: And if you've noticed that around the world, there's been a spate of plane crashes in other countries so far, not in the United States in terms of passenger planes. And I was seeing a report last night that said that this is one of the twenty twenty four has been one of the deadliest years for airplane accidents plane death. I thought that was amazing because I've except for these last two over the last few days, the one in South Korea and the other one and Azurebaijan, I wasn't really aware of many other plane crashes throughout the country or throughout the world.
Speaker 3: So interesting.
Speaker 2: By the way, phone numbers five one, three, seven, four nine, fifty, five hundred one, eight hundred eight two three talk one eight hundred eighty two three eight two five five pound, five point fifty AT and T Wireless fund. Kevin Gordon in for Brian Thomas, fifty five kr SE the talk station.
Speaker 7: This is fifty five KRC and iHeartRadio station.
Speaker 6: The holiday.
Speaker 2: Six thirty nine in the morning, Kevin Gordon and for Brian Thomas, fifty five KISEE the talk station. I mentioned during the weather that it'll be interesting to see what people do and go outside, because I know there's some some celebrations going on around a lot of celebrations, I'm sure, but I mentioned this before. Where we live. We live on the side of a hill. Well, go to my Facebook page and I live in one, Kentucky. We overlook the Licking River and sit up on top of a hill, so we see Latonio, we see Fort right, Fort Mitchell. We actually have a view of downtown the left, the west side of downtown. We can see a little bit of Paul Brown Stadium. Now that the leaves are off the tree. But especially during Fourth of July, we love sitting out on the deck and watching the fireworks displays because it's almost like every neighborhood. It's amazing some of the fireworks displays that they have, and you can see those just sitting out there on the deck, and at any one time you probably have one hundred and fifty two hundred people that are shooting off these fireworks. And of course you see off in the distance the major displays from Independence and then Fort Wright, Fort Mitchell. You can see some of the fireworks displays at Davou Park, but you can't see we can't see down there by the Brent Spence Bridge because this hillside comes in and covers that, so we can't see that part down there, but anything to the west, and so it's always great to see that. And fourth July, now on New Year's Eve, there will be people in the area neighborhood below us that will shoot off some fireworks and do some you know, firecrackers and stuff. Not as much a major display as we saw as we see on July fourth, but there will be some. I mean, there'll be some booms and bangs and I know there are some people, and I hope we don't hear of any of them now, but some people will actually go outside and shoot guns in the air. Now, you know, let's remember that those bullets. Gravity still works. Okay, gravity still is in play. So the bullet can go up and be the trajectory can go up, but what goes up must come down. And there's numerous instances of where these bullets have fallen down and killed somebody. So let's not do that practice this year. Okay, no gun play, no violince, none of that stuff is shooting guns in the air. Do the fireworks if you must, but be safe out there. So again, it's going to be interesting to see what goes on. As I mentioned before, I'm looking forward to tonight. I don't know what's on the menu at the best restaurant in the world, but I'm sure we'll cook up something that is pretty cool and enjoyed. Just you know, spending time with your best friend. I mean, what can I say. So we're talking about the festivities, we're talking about what's going on. As far as this mauling is concerned. I just can't get my mind off of that, because when you look at something that is so preventible, but prevent a ball. It's just infuriating that something wasn't done, and the care and the consideration of what has to be done when we're talking about young children.
Speaker 3: Now, I mentioned.
Speaker 2: That because I brought up brid Spence Bridge, I thought i'd pull this up. Toll rates if you happen to be traveling around the country. Toll rates are set to rise in several states in twenty twenty five, starting in January. Toll rates on roads in Ohio, Oklahoma, Penncil, New Jersey, and New York are set to rise anywhere from three percent to fifteen percent for passenger and commercial vehicles in the most modest increases drivers traveling along New Jersey Turnpike. And I know a lot of listeners will talk about on this program that we'll talk about they have relatives in Pennsylvania, they'll drive to New Jersey, They'll drive around the country. And it's becoming more and more a game if you do it much traveling to try to avoid these tolls. Now, I know that there are certain areas where you're going it's a lot more convenient just to go ahead and pay the toll. But how aggravating is that tolls are going into effect or a three percent hike. New Jersey Turnpike Authority. Pennsylvania drivers will see toll raids rise five percent. Now, I know a lot of people that use that Pennsylvania Turnpike going back and forth, and especially if you're going over to the Washington DC area from here. Anybody that goes over to Pennsylvania goes to Philadelphia, don't even tell you. Actually, if you're going up to Pittsburgh, you kind of the exit right perform. I think you have to go on the Pennsylvania Turnpike for at least one exit or so to get to Pittsburgh. That's on my bucket lip list of places to go sometime. Let's see here, Pennsylvania Turnpike Commission that five percent increase automatic automatic vehicle system that standardizes rates. Now, this is interesting. The state noted that while many passenger vehicle drivers will see tolls decline under the SHIFT, commercial users may see rates increase. Now with this automatic vehicle classification system. What they do is due to the changes with standardization and the AVC classification, nearly fifty percent of passenger car trips will see a lower toll rate because they are counting the axles, and so if you have more axles, and of course that would affect the commercial trucking industry that they will charge you a higher rate for that. Now, it used to be for trucks. It used to be based on weight. So if you had if you you know, we're doing a job, if you were doing a delivery on the Pennsylvania you know, along the Pennsylvania Turnpike, and then you turned around and dead headed back, which meant that your truck was empty, you would pay a lesser toll. Now you're going to be paying the full toll both ways because they count axles and not weight. So commercial vehicles are going to be spending more money on tolls in these areas that have this what they refer to as the automatic vehicle classification. Now, the problem with that is is that like everything that is done in business, everything that is done as part of the merch that we buy, those things have to be added in as operating costs to the cost of the stuff that we buy. So instead of you know, this is not going to just be eaten by these freight companies, they're going to you have to figure that into the cost of delivering those goods, which will then be tacked onto the price of the goods when it's put on the shelf. And what we are going to wind up paying. Let's see the Ohio Turnpike. The state alsot's see Ohio Turnpike toll rates will rise. Let's see whereas that seven point seven percent for passenger vehicles as well as most commercial vehicles. The common commercial vehicles traveling in the Ohio Turnpike is what the state described as high vehicle with five axles. Toll fees will increase seven point eight cents to twenty two cents per mile. Now, the interesting thing about the Ohio Turnpike, and this is one of the things that we discovered, and you go back to John Kasik, he thought it was a brilliant idea that when the bonds and everything was paid off for the Ohio Turnpike see the Ohio Turnpike. When it was first built, there was supposed to be the sunset clause as far as the toll on that, and that was supposed to end sometime in nineteen eighty six. Well, the state looked at this revenue and said, hey, you know, this is a little cash cow going on up there. So we'll just go ahead and continue to charge the people up there. Well, when Kasik was governor, he decided, well, you know what, this is paid off. What we can do is leverage this and borrow money some industrial revenue bonds against that turnpike because it has a steady stream of funds, and we can use that money. Because they change the law that they could start funding road projects around the country. So if you ever go on the Ohio Turnpike, and for everybody that uses that, if you can hear me, if you're driving along that Ohio Turnpike on a regular basis to and from work, know that you have the privilege of driving on that and paying to drive on that, so that other places in the state can drive on their roads for free. Isn't that merry Christmas? Five one, three, seven, four nine fifty one, eight hundred day two three talk one eight hundred day two three eight two five five pound, five point fifty at and T wireless from Kevin Gordon in for Brian Thomas fifty five KR see the talk station.
Speaker 9: Fifty five KRC dot com, run a bit.
Speaker 2: The nine first War and forecast morning rush.
Speaker 3: Today.
Speaker 2: Let's start to the day, Rainy wendy and a low of forty seven. Rain continues on through the day. Wins could reach as much as thirty miles per hour, high of fifty and then on into the night when the rain is supposed to stop before the midnight drying out a little bit. Temperature's ball and.
Speaker 3: The v colder. Look for a low of thirty two.
Speaker 2: New Year's Day, most of cloudy, some sun possible cold again, high of thirty eight, low of twenty six. Right now forty four degrees fifty five car see the talk station. Chuck Ingram has tramped.
Speaker 10: Rugley UCF Tramphic Center.
Speaker 11: The University of Cincinnati Cancer Center is the region's first and only provider of specialized primary care services for cancer patients and survivors.
Speaker 10: Called five out three five eighty five.
Speaker 11: Yees, set crews continue to work for the wreck North Pens seventy five. Before the Western News fid up right leans or block tramping heavy from mister Charles west Poud two seventy five. There's an accident at Witting that blocks the right let Chuck Ingram on fifty five KR seat the talk.
Speaker 2: Station six fifty two in the morning, Kevin Gordian for Brian Thomas fifty five. Kara c DE Talk Station started the show off by asking what is the big stories of twenty twenty four, what your plans are for tonight, and what you hope to see in twenty twenty five. One of the things I would like to see happen in twenty twenty five was the same thing that should have happened in twenty twenty three and in twenty twenty four. And I wish that the city fathers would get their collective acts together and do something. As far as what we've been told, I remember back in twenty thirteen, it was such a crisis. There is such congestion on the Brent Spence Bridge. We have to build a new companion bridge there. And it doesn't matter if it's told or not. We've got to do that. Well, you know, you go back and as I said, you know, we stopped that and if you we stopped tolls on the Brent Spence Bridge. And let's not forget if you look at the amount of money that that would have collected. That would have collected more than a billion dollars from the taxpayers from the area as far as people commuting, and two thirds actually the billion dollars. That the number is a calculation of that since sixty percent of the traffic that comes across that bridge, almost two thirds of the traffic comes from northern Kentucky, so out of the pockets of northern Kentucky residents would have been over a billion dollars had that big bridge been built with tolls and buil available by twenty fifteen. Now, that was such a major deal that it had to be built right here, right now. And then all of a sudden, in twenty twenty two, December twenty ninth, twenty twenty two, they announced that the federal government had approved out of the Infrastructure Bill the funding for the Brents. Benz Bridge, So it wouldn't be told and it was supposed to be shovel ready. All of this stuff was supposed to be done, and they were supposed to turn the shovel of the groundbreaking sometime in twenty twenty three. Well that didn't happen. Now, all of a sudden, we're at the end of twenty twenty four and it still hasn't happened. And I've been online and I've looked, and I don't see anywhere where they're planning on doing it anytime soon. I mean, if it's if it's that important, get to it for crying out loud. Now, that's one of the hopes I have for twenty twenty five, if in fact they're going to do that now, I would have preferred to see in a Cincinnati since the Eastern bypassed. But that's a story for another day. We could get into that and talk about that for hours. But coming up we'll get into some other mischief here. I've got some other stories we can get to again. Take your phone calls five one, three, seven, four nine fifty five hundred one, eight hundred eight two three talk one eight hundred eighty two three eight two five five pound, five point fifty AT and T wireless phone. Kevin Gordon in for Brian Thomas. Fifty five KRC the talk station.
Speaker 12: Your Voice, Refreshing Voice, Your Country for Reasonable American.
Speaker 9: Fifty five KRC the talk Station. This report is sponsored by Peter.
Speaker 1: I'm righty.
Speaker 2: Five minutes after seven o'clock. Happy New Year's Eve to you, the final day of the year.
Speaker 3: It's here already. Uh, it's Oh.
Speaker 2: There's a running joke in our in our family, always around birthdays when the granddaughters won I wish them a happy birthday, one of the things I always do. And grandsons as well. I always on their birthday, I'll call them and you know, if they turn eight, twelve, I mean, shoot, the oldest one just turned twenty two, and I did the same thing. I just said, honey, it just seemed like just yesterday you were twenty one, and so I mean, you know, so tomorrow I'll be going, Gee, it just seemed like just yesterday it was twenty twenty four. So anyway, it's, you know, one of those dad jokes that you got to get out there. But anyway, I saw this story. You know, we've been hearing all these stories about and of course in Kentucky they're doing these medical marijuana and that was a push into legislation, which is just a camel's nose in the tent to go to recreational marijuana. And this has always bothered me and it amazes me. At this point, there are twenty five states that currently are are that pot is legal, and and in every one of every one of them they have had issues with that. And we we start off or they keep trying to convince us of the medical advantages of marijuana, and if you do the research, if you read up on it, there is no definitive solution. There is no definitive proof that it does anything. The only effect that I have been able to see that makes any sense would be in the case of where you have cancer patients because of the weight loss that marijuana induces the munchies, and so it forces them or gets them over the nausea and they can go ahead and eat a lot or you know, have their monkeyes. Now, as far as any other advantages of marijuana, I don't see any, and it's interesting when I talk to people that now see. First of all, let me preface this with the fact that I am approaching this. I approach all drug used from a position of never having tried it at all. I've never even taken a puff off of a joint. I've never done any drugs. The most serious drugs I think I've ever done was a like eight hundred milligram tailenol or something when I had a knee injury or something along those lines. But I you know the old saying that drugs or a crutch used by people who can't handle reality.
Speaker 3: Well, my motto is reality is a.
Speaker 2: Drug used by people, or a crutch used by people who can't handle drugs. And you know, growing up in the seventies and being in college, the temptations were there. You had the cocaine craze of the eighties. Never tried it, never interested in trying it. So I'm coming from this from a position of never having tried it. So whatever benefits there are, or perceived benefits, I have not experienced those. All I've seen is the downside of it. And I came across this story. Elton John says legalizing marijuana is one of the greatest mistakes. Elton John has been sober since nineteen ninety and he thinks a recent policy shift might lead more people down the path to addiction. The Rocketman singer denounced the legalization of recreational marijuana during his time Icon of the Year profile. I maintain that it's addictive, it leads to other drugs, and when you're stoned, and I've been stoned, you don't think normally. According to Elton John, legalizing marijuana in America and Canada is one of the greatest mistakes of all time. This was actually this story was released back on December the twelfth. Marijuana is currently legal in twenty five states and federally legal in Canada. Other countries, including Mexico, South American Germany, have legalized marijuana in the last decade. Now take a pause here for a moment, because, as you may be aware of, I do America's truck and Network on our sister station midnight to one AM. And one of the things that's interesting in the trucking industry, and I'm sure a lot of you people that are in that industry know this, that marijuana is still a level one substance akin to in the same class as cocaine and heroin. And if marijuana is detected in your system, you can lose your CDL license, and you've got to go through this entire a long process in order to get that license back. So, even though marijuana may be legal in your state and anybody that might be driving through the area and happen to be tuning in, if you're from a different state and your state has pot is legal, it is not legal on a federal level. And so if it's in your system, and if you're drug testing and it's in your system, you can lose your license. Now, the weird thing about that, as I've learned, is that people that will do recreational use, they think that, Okay, I can just go ahead, you know, I'm off the job on Friday, and then I can just go ahead and do this, and then I can be sober by Monday. Now, with cocaine and heroin, that is out of your system within twenty four to forty eight hours or at least detectable. But marijuana the only test for that. It takes a month for that to be out of your system. And so if you're tested, you could have take done marijuana a month ago and it would still be in your system. And one of the things that I've heard from a lot of employers and a lot of people in certain businesses, and especially a lot of businesses that does do drug testing. They will say and they've tried to get away or they you know, because drug testing, you know, when you're cutting costs, then you have to pay for the drug test and you have to send the person over there to get the drug test. Now, what they've done is that when the person is hired, they will ask the question can you pass a drug test? And then of course on the application and it will say that any false information is a subject determination. So a lot of people turn down jobs and don't show up for jobs because they wouldn't be able to pass a random drug test. So that's when you look at supply chain issues. When you look at the employment situation, when you go to a lot of service driven industries where it seems that they don't have enough employees, that's one of the reasons that people are their businesses are having trouble filling these spots. But the fact that a lot of these different states have gone to medical use or recreational use of marijuana is in my opinion, not the way to go. And what it boils down to is that just like with the lottery, Okay, gambling used to be illegal. You used to used to hear about the numbers racket, the numbers running that was done as far as the mob was concerned. They used to do these schemes as far as numbers. You bet on numbers, Well, that was illegal and they sent people to prison for that. But then all of a sudden, the states thought, hmm, you know, we can have the quick the pick three, the pick four, the pick five, and we can make revenue off of that. And all of a sudden it becomes legal, gambling is legal, and then you go to the entire lottery system.
Speaker 3: So they looked at cigarettes.
Speaker 2: And one of the things about tobacco that a lot of people don't know of is the fact that the largest, the the biggest profiteers of tobacco in this country is the federal and the state governments. The amount of taxes that are on cigarettes is astounding, and the amount of taxes on this on the state level is astounding. So they are the biggest profiteers. But as fewer and fewer people are smoking, then all of a sudden, now okay, you've got this lost revenue, where are you going to make it up? And all of a sudden, marijuana, which they, in their opinion, everybody's doing anyway, so we might as well make money from this. They're seeing in some of these states where they've legalized marijuana that the black market is still there. People are still buying marijuana illegally, and when you have, you do not have. I guess Highway patrol people and cops are starting to learn better as to how to tell when somebody's stoned. I mean, if somebody's drunk, you can generally tell you know, you got the smell of alcohol, they got the slurred speech and that, but it's much more difficult to tell if somebody's stoned. And so now they're doing certain sobriety tests for that. But a lot of these states they have actually had these situations where fatalities have gone up. Road fatality has gone up because of so many people stoned. And so they go into this and Elton John and of course we're gonna probably get more to this. Marijuana is currently legal in twenty five states we mentioned that legalize marijuana. It's the information on its information page on cannabis. The CDC notes that experts disagree whether it lives up to its long held reputation as a gateway drug that leads to further addiction. Now, of course they put gateway drug in quotation marks. However, the Health agency also reports that quote people who use cannabis and and do go on to use other drugs quote, including alcohol and tobacco, may have a higher risk of dependence or addiction to those drugs. Well, why add another layer of addiction on top of that? Is my you know, you know they always want to throw the alcohol and tobacco addiction in there. But we already understand and that, and we've lived with that. Now you're throwing another layer on top of that. Nelton John has a few more things to say. We'll pick this up. Five one, three, seven, four nine, fifty five hundred one, eight hundred eight two three talk one eight hundred eight two three eight two five five pound, five point fifty AT and T wireless phone. Kevin Gordon in for Brian Thomas, fifty five KRC the talk station.
Speaker 7: This is fifty five KRC and iHeartRadio station leak hel del.
Speaker 3: Seven nineteen in the morning.
Speaker 2: Kevin Gordon in for Brian Thomas, fifty five kr SE the talk station. Phone numbers five one, three, seven, four nine, fifty five hundred one, eight hundred eight two three talk one eight hundred eight two three eight two, five five pound, five point fifty AT and T wireless phone.
Speaker 3: To the phones, we go, well, we've got.
Speaker 2: Pete up there. Pete, fifty five kr S. How are you this morning? Happy New Year or New Year's Eve? I should say the.
Speaker 13: Same, Tavin, good morning. Yeah. I just wonder if you remember about twenty years or so ago, I drove to the Newport Shopping Center and there was a pain center there. I remember all little pain clints used to be around four. I would move through there, and all the octar coton they were hanging out like they were.
Speaker 3: Yeah yeah, yeah, okay, yeah.
Speaker 13: Well you know that was that was a schedule war. And you said before about marijuana, right, but it's just it's a schedule one, you know. I mean, it's just I see going that way right. It's like it's like seabellow, you know, it's a the secondary thing, and the medical thing will come to you know, marijuana. You know, it'll be just it'll be it'll be free and easy to grow whatever, you know.
Speaker 2: Uh huh, Now, I remember, you know, you bring up an interesting point. I remember when they had those uh what they called the old pill mills. And of course, whenever something moves and won direct then of course the heavy hand of government has to pull it into another direction, which in terms of the unintended consequences they never think about. Now, there are legitimate reasons, and there are legitimate people that have pain and require medications, and it's required that some of the more severe pain requires more severe medication. But because it was abused and a lot of doctors or at least people were going around and shopping for different doctors that would prescribe the drugs for them, and they know where to go, and they didn't coordinate between doctors as to who was getting drugs in that so they tighten that up. But as a result of that, a lot of people were actually starting to be denied these drugs. Well rather than okay, if somebody is being denied a drug that they're addicted to, the addiction isn't automatically going to go away. And that's why you saw such a spike in the heroin epidem back in the UH two thousand, two thousand and twelve, twenty ten area, where you had people who it was a cheap substitute for the oxy cotton and oxy cotone in order to start relieving their pain. And so this unintended consequences led to this heroin addiction and this heroin crisis in the Tri state era and especially you know, then the way to solve that is, okay, put needle dispensaries, put the needle exchanges in different places, and as a matter of fact, in Campbell County they have drop boxes for used needles in the bathrooms of Campbell County libraries.
Speaker 3: Isn't that lovely? Where kids go? Isn't that lovely? Yeah?
Speaker 13: Well you remember the Oxy Cotton saying there after the you know, the they can get prescription, the story by both the house floves going over the rhine and going back to park in the corner. Yeah, and now they would get picked and the story was told. You know, the co said, why don't you run them off? Said if we run them off, we're just gonna go somewhere else. Because we keep them here, we can at least control it.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, a lot of good that does too, Yeah, control it and that lovely?
Speaker 13: Yeah. Another thing on on your on your dog thing, get back to that day, Yes, Gus you port wall. Listen a lot of talk radio. They said it was a terrier, you know, it wasn't a poodle work ducks and we were a big or a polic I mean it was kept in a cage. Well, you don't put those kind of dogs in a cage.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 13: The terrier is also called an American pit bull terrier. Uh huh, Okay, there he was on WW something I heard that.
Speaker 2: Okay, all right, interesting, thanks a lot of Pete, thanks for the information. Have yourself happy New you've got any big plans for tonight or okay? Oh he dropped off, he hung up on us. Well all right, let's uh, let's see we've got time. Yeah, let's go to Kyle Kyle fifty five. Care, see how are you this morning?
Speaker 4: I'm good?
Speaker 2: Are you doing I'm doing great, I'm behind the microphone. Doesn't getting better than that for me?
Speaker 12: Yeah? So I had some comments about the marijuana topics you're on. So I'm a police officer at a jurisdiction around Cincinnati. Now, what what I think the public generally doesn't know and what they're not aware of, is how it's impacting juveniles now that it's been made legal. So obviously, you have to be eighteen years old to buy medical marijuana at a dispensary. You have to be twenty one to buy it recreationally. But what I'm seeing now is, at least personally, you know, eighteen year olds are going in there for whatever reason, and then they're purchasing it, and then they're distributing it to their their friends that you know, in high school all the way down to middle school. At least where I'm working, our school resource officers are taking marijuana vapes and you know, bud and whatever else off of you know, kids as low as you know, fourth and fifth grade, and it's not something it's not something that I've seen until it's become legal more in you know, the school system. But I think that's that's just something that I think the state's just generally not aware of, and the general public is either.
Speaker 2: Now, do you know I'd love when you look at these reports from the CDC and they say that that there's there, experts aren't convinced, or that that they they don't have They disagree on whether it's a long held reputation of a great gateway drug. But how are they not studying this? I mean we are, we are doing funding of you know, to see if if you feed rats or rats cocaine, whether they will choose cocaine over food. Well, we can do those tests, but we can't do tests like this and come down to whether or not cannabis marijuana is harmful to people.
Speaker 3: Unbelievable.
Speaker 12: Unbelievable, Yeah, exactly, And it's it's it's been something that's been you know, readily available for what you know, forty years now within the general uh with the public.
Speaker 2: So fifty years, fifty years or more. Yeah, yeah, Jimmy Buffett's famous song only I forget what's in the name of the song, but when back when, the days when only jazz mosi musicians were smoking marijuana. So it's been around for a long period of time, so uh yeah.
Speaker 3: Anyway, well, I just.
Speaker 12: Wanted to give my two cents in you have a happy New Year.
Speaker 2: Hey, thank you for your service, and be safe out there, my friend. Take care of having Mary Chris, Mary Christmas a happy New Year. Five one three, seven, four nine fifty five hundred one, eight hundred eight two three talk one eight hundred eighty two three eight two five five pound five fifty at and t Wileer's phone. Kevin Gordon in for Brian Thomas fifty five KR see the talk.
Speaker 9: Station fifty five KRC. The talk station.
Speaker 13: Twenty twenty four is almost overseas.
Speaker 2: Seven in the morning Kevin rdon and for Brian Thommas if you five care see the talk station. You know. Following these local stories, the corner Corner IDs the three year old girl mauled by dogs and I'm more and more I read the stories about this and some of the events. This is one of those things that could have been prevented and should have been prevented, and it's a shame that this actually happened. Saw some information on another story where there was a visiting the people were visiting and the dogs weren't used to having kids around. That's one of the things I've been seeing.
Speaker 8: It just.
Speaker 2: You look at this little girl and they're all precious little angels. And to see to have a situation where dogs maul a child, and especially when I start reading stuff like judges have the discretion to order the euthanasia of dangerous or vicious dogs after the first unprovoked attack. Often it's left to the dog owner. If the dog is already deemed vicious, gets out and kills a second person, then the judge must order the dog euthanized.
Speaker 3: I mean, it's unbelievable.
Speaker 2: Other story that we've been following cruise responding to a plane crash in Adams County. This occurred at ten actually ten o'clock, yes, well actually last night. One person has died after a small plane crash in Adams County on Monday afternoon. Units from the Ohio State Highway Patrol Georgetown Post were dispatched at three thirty four pm to Savage Road and Bratton Township for reports of a small plane that had crashed the areas north of Peebles and west of State Route seventy three. Source with the Adams County Sheriff's Office confirmed Monday night that one person died in the crash. They're learning to find more information what led to the crash and identify the victim. But of course the person that died was the pilot of that plane, so well, unfortunate, well, fortunately there were no other people on board, but unfortunately there was the pilot and we never know on those and what may have happened there. So again, it's interesting to see what is going on in the news and some of the local headlines, and of course everybody's getting ready for the celebrations as far as New Year's Eve and the New Year's celebrations. There's a lot of stories out there, and you can go online as everything should be pretty much open today.
Speaker 14: Now.
Speaker 2: I know there's a lot of stores and you probably have to call the individual stores because as we have found and when we've been trying to go places that the hours that they put online and the hours that they have on that prone phone tree when you call aren't generally maybe up to date very well, and so don't push it to the last minute. If you know that these stores may be open, you might want to get there early enough because some of the stores will be closing early because of because it's Today's not a holiday, but some people are getting off early so that they can get ready for the night's festivities. And you can call around find out what's open. You know, banks are going to be open, other places, most places of business will be open, but they may have a little bit shorter hours, so you might want to check around and find all that out. And of course online you can find out any last minute activities that might be out there if you're interested in going to any place tonight. But the one thing I do want to emphasize is make sure that you have either a designated driver or take that uber home. Make sure that you're out there safe. Let's try to keep this one of the safest New Year's Eve celebrations that we've had on record. You know, it just takes a moment of stupidity or a moment of bad judgment to create a horrible and a horrific situation that then completely Mars, the entire event, the holiday season, and of course the grief that that brings to families that every time around the holidays they have to think about a tragedy that could have been prevented. Phone numbers five one, three, seven, four nine, fifty, five hundred one, eight hundred eighty two three talk one eight hundred eight two three eight two five, five pound, five point fifty AT and T wireless phone. Kevin Gordon in for Brian Thomas, fifty five KRC, the Talk Station.
Speaker 7: This is fifty five KRC and iHeartRadio Station.
Speaker 3: Seven forty in the morning.
Speaker 2: Kevin Gordon in for Brian Thomas, fifty five k the Talk Station. You know, sometimes things just work out perfectly.
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 2: I think mental telepathy between me and Sean, who is my producer today, is there because I was going to talk about this anyway, but all of a sudden, you go get your motor running and road songs type of thing. In the forecast, we're talking about or wind speeds being up to about thirty miles per hour. If you're out driving around today, you need to be aware of that, and especially if you're out on the highway in a flat area. And you're passing trucks, any kind of a truck, whether it be a tractor trailer or one of those big box trucks. Be aware of the fact that if a gust of wind comes up, that that could.
Speaker 3: Swerve that a trailer ever so slightly.
Speaker 2: So kind of pay attention to that because sometimes when you drive down the road, you can see those trailers kind of weaving back and forth, and you kind of wonder, well, is there something wrong with the truck driver. No, normally it's just a win, and it doesn't take much if you're driving down the road that if you turn the wheel a little bit a certain way and then back that that trailer will turn a little bit. So you know, there could be a little bit of normally done distracted driving. It's normally a win, but be aware of that while you're out there. And of course I have been in situations, even in a sedan, when you're driving down the road when the wind is enough, and there's a couple of times I've noticed that when i'd go across the Big Mac Bridge that there are certain times once the wind blows a certain way, you can actually feel that and in jerking the car. So be aware of that out there if you're going to be out on the highway this afternoon and pay attention to the wind condition. So with that phone numbers five one, three, seven, four nine fifty, five hundred one, eight hundred eight two three talk one eight hundred eight two three eight two five five pound, five point fifty at and T wireless phone. I want to wrap this story up with Elton John because again, when you're talking about somebody who's been sober since nineteen ninety, somebody who's been part of the drug culture, somebody who has participated in smoking of marijuana, and somebody that well, I guess you consider could consider him somewhat of an expert of where he talks about his own use of drugs has disasterus effects in his personal life. You make terrible decision on drugs. I want to love you so badly. I just take hostages. I'd see somebody like to spend three or four months together, and then they would resent me because they had nothing in their lives apart from me. It really upsets me thinking back on how many people I probably hurt. It's just you know, when people go back and lament this. And I was talking to somebody too the other day, and he was asking me about the marijuana laws, and I could, well, you know, you can tell sometimes that somebody has been smoking pot or had been a smoking pot, or is a pot smoker. I don't know, or you can just guess. Maybe I'm jumping to the conclusions. But I thought, you know, the guy's asking my opinion, I'm just going to give it. And one of the things I pride myself on is that when you are in a conversation with me, when you walk away, you'll never say to yourself, gosh, I wonder what Kevin thinks about that particular subject, because whether you like it or not, you're gonna hear my Well, if you ask my opinion, I'm going to give it. And sometimes I even volunteer it because I have an opinion and I'm not afraid to use it. So anyway, I told him that I just I said, I just have no use for it. I don't think there's any benefit to it. And it just bothers me that this is beginning to be more and more a part of the culture, and I still think of it as a gateway drug. And I was shocked to find out from him he said, I have been a pot smoker. I've smoked pot. I still smoke pot. And he says, but I have noticed that I am not as sharp as I was. And this guy is a guy that's in his maybe a late forties, early fifties, and he says, there is just not the mental acuity that there was there years ago. I'm not as sharp. I seem to have a little bit less energy. I'm a little bit more laid back, more than I probably should be. And there's just certain things that I just can't do that I could do even five years ago.
Speaker 3: Excuse me.
Speaker 2: And I was shocked that he would admit that, because I've known of a lot of people that have done marijuana a lot over the years, and there's just something about them. They just don't seem like they're all there. They seem like the word searching is a lot more at a much younger age. And it's just why bother messing with the system like that? And I don't know, And don't get me started. I mean, I know people drink. I know that there's tobacco out there. I'm a cigar smoker, so I know that. But again, because I've never even smoked a cigarette. The advantage of that that I have is that I don't have that need or that reflex to actually inhale the smoke, and so you can get whatever the buzz there is from nicotine or whatever that is, from just smoking a cigar, puffing on a cigar, and it's relaxing, I find. But again, it's not like I'm smoking cigars every day. I'm trying to figure out. I think there's been about three months since I've had one. So now I'm getting myself interested. I'm gonna have to go home and have one. No, my wife probably won't want that anyway. Let's go to the phones. Let's talk to Bob or is it Rob?
Speaker 3: Rob? Rob fifty five? Caresee how are you this morning?
Speaker 15: I'm pretty good? How are you?
Speaker 3: Not too bad? Not too bad at all.
Speaker 15: So I'm sitting there listening this morning, coming into.
Speaker 10: Work, and.
Speaker 15: I just had yesterday twenty one years cleaning several off of every drug besides marijuana.
Speaker 2: Congratulations.
Speaker 15: And I just disagree with marijuana being the gayway drug. Because I was fifteen years completely severer of everything, came down with cancer. They were wanting to give me oxy cottins, which I refused. In the past, and I said, I'm not doing that. I said, I can't do it. I'm not going to take that chance. I seen people in the program I was in that had surgeries and they went back out, so I started. He said, well, you can try marijuana, and I did that and made it through having drank. Then I had a motorcycle wreck. Two years after that, same exact, same exact thing happened. He said, here's some moxies. I said, I can't do that, and I did marijuana. And I've been doing marijuana since for the last six years, and it has not let me do anything else. I go to bars, I said, there at a bar and drink Coca Cola, and as long as I go somewhere for a reason, I'm good.
Speaker 2: Now what you may have messed because I brought this. I brought this subject up probably close to the beginning of the hour, these comments by Elton John, and then we got sidetracked on some other things, and I just got back to it. One of the things that I've said is that with all of the studies and all the stuff that I've read in terms of marijuana medical use of marijuana, about the only thing that I have seen a benefit that I would probably say, hey, probably not a bad idea is in the event of cancer patients, because with cancer patients and with marijuana use, because of the weight loss and the level of comfort that that gives that you forces you to eat, and when you are under cancer treatments, one of the big things is weight loss. And so that's the only advantage that I have seen medical wise of marijuana. So from that aspect, I did use that as a qualifier. So that would fit into what you're saying. And it works for paying if you get the right kind for paying. And what I'll say to you is that I applaud your efforts and I applaud the fact that you have stayed.
Speaker 3: Was it twenty years now that you've cleaned and so.
Speaker 15: Years server that was a heavy cocaine user. I was a everything user.
Speaker 2: That is so difficult because once once something becomes a habit, there's certain things where there's a chemical dependence on it, but then also a psychological need for it, as what they refer to as the crutch. And to be able to avoid that for all these many years, I got hats off to you, my friend, and uh, I wish you all the best of luck have no more accidents so that you can recommend me.
Speaker 15: I'm try not to, Okay, New Year.
Speaker 2: Happy New Year to you. Thank you so much for the phone call. I certainly appreciate it. Five one three, seven four nine fifty five hundred one, eight hundred eight two three talk one eight hundred eight two three eight two five five pound five point fifty AT and T wireless phone. I think we went a little bit long with that segment, so we'll make it up on the other side. Kevin Gordon and for Brian Thomas, fifty five KRC, the talk Station.
Speaker 6: Fifty five KRC.
Speaker 9: The holidays are a blast of the financial.
Speaker 2: Seven fifty two in the morning, Kevin Gordon and for Brian Thomas, fifty five k see the talk station. Had a little cough there and got a little bit back by anyway, I'm back. We're talking about medical marijuana use, and I just want to kind of finish up here the fact that Elton John came out and spoke about this back on December the twelfth in an interview Icon of the Year award, and in the interview talking about his journey through as far as sobriety and looking at that as he refers to it as a gateway drug, and I was just caution people out there. And we had the police officer earlier in the hour talking about how they have seen Meraica medical marijuana being abused and that is being used and now invading and available at a lot of grade schools as low as fourth and fifth graders. School resource officers are having to deal with this and just all we need is just one more headache out there, one more thing that could cause addiction. And Elton John in his comments said that he believes that it is some form of addiction. And you know, it's one of those things where what one person. You know, there are certain people that can smoke cigarettes forever, and you know the people they can quit cold turkey and never go back to it. There are others that it takes them three, four, five, six times. You hear the ads on the on the on the stations all the time about house people. They didn't quit the first time, they didn't quit the second time, but they learned more and more and then I finally was able to do it. I was finally able to kick the addiction. There are some people that have an addictive personality. And if people have an addictive personality, and they go into and take marijuana or use marijuana. They may be looking for something higher and again could lead to a great way drug. But again speaking from the standpoint of never having tried it, never used it, never wanted to try it, So you're gonna have to. But just look before you do it, Like anything else, do an informed consent. Look at what is being written. The fact that they admit in here CDC notes that experts experts disagree whether it lives up to its long held reputation. Now it's interesting that they would say that about marijuana. The same is true on climate change, but they'll never say that climate change, as you know, is absolutely settled science not.
Speaker 3: Coming up.
Speaker 2: We'll talk a couple other things, some mischief that we can get into. I'm Kevin Gordon in for Brian Thomas. Fifty five kr se de Talk station.
Speaker 15: Your voice beg you for Dayan McColl.
Speaker 9: Your country to hear it every day fifty five krs the talk station.
Speaker 6: This report is sponsored by puretalk dot com.
Speaker 9: It's time to dip, all right.
Speaker 2: Five minutes after eight o'clock on this New Year's Eve morning, I still pinched myself realizing that this is the last day of the year. I hope everybody's having a great morning. I hope you're going to have a great night. I'm kind of curious as to what people are doing. What's on your agenda for the day, I've got any New Year's resolutions? What are you planning on for tonight? What are your hosts for twenty twenty four or twenty twenty five, And what do you think is the top story of twenty twenty four. Now I'm going to answer that a little bit, maybe get the ball rolling a little bit on that. But you know, I've mentioned that there's there's several stories. I mentioned this earlier that there are any There are several stories that in and of themselves could be the top story of the year in any other year, but the fact that it happened that they all happened this year was significant. Of course, I think overall overarching theme of the entire year would have been the twenty twenty four presidential election. Leading up to that, the whole deal with Biden being in announcing that he was going to run, even though that people were saying that there appeared to be clearly that his mental faculties weren't all there. But of course then we got lied to by all the people in the administration telling us how sharp he was, that he could run rings around everybody. So then you have the June debate and just the absolute meltdown and Democratic Party goes into a panic. They decided that okay, they're going to convince him to drop out. The same people they kind of pushed him onto the ticket because he was a safe person, a safe bet, somebody that they could manipulate as far as their needs and wants as president. So the same people that brought him in are the same people that brought him out. And then we wind up with Kamala Harris where they don't, you know, the party that talks about Donald Trump being an existential threat to democracy, they themselves being the existential threat to democracy that they were. Even in their primaries before Biden even dropped out, they didn't allow certain people on the ticket.
Speaker 3: They sued to let the force them off.
Speaker 2: Bobby Kennedy Junior was on there, a couple of other people had chosen to run and they closed them out. So they did not really have an open primary process. They haven't had an open primary process for the last well, now three presidential cycles. So when Biden dropped out, instead of having a shortened nominating procedure or at least go in and interview for the job and take the credentials of everybody, and the party officials selecting no, they choose Kamala Harris because again, that was a safe bet, and even with her disastrous job as Borders Are, which they then tried to gaslight us, lie to us and tell us that Kamala Harris really in fact wasn't the Borders Are, even though people referred to her as that, she never corrected them. They never corrected it, the administration never corrected it. All of a sudden they're trying to clean up her resume, and yet people can't forget about the cackling, the inappropriate laughter, and just the gaps that she did throughout her vice presidency. Now all of a sudden, she's in charge and she's running this joyful campaign. And we started seeing cracks in that they lied to us that, oh, the polls were neck and neck, when in fact they probably weren't. We're hearing stories now that the polls were never tight, but that's what they were telling The Spoon Federal regurgitators in the mainstream media, and they continued that on. Then we come to election night and then all of a sudden we find out that well not only find out how bad these polls were, but how it was an attempt by them to suppress the vote. And especially over the weekend before the election, they had that Iowa Bill, a poll that came out that talked about that the race was not close, that Kamala Harris was going to win. And so the election turned out the way it did, and of course the media has paid a price for that. They their ratings are way down. They should be if they had any brains about them, would be totally embarrassed. Then we come to find out that Kamala Harris raised two point five billion dollars, blew through that wound up with three hundred million dollars in debt as far as the DNC was concerned, and then goes begging back to these donors that had propped up this campaign. Then we come to find out through some of the election reports that Oprah win Fee had been paid what was a two point five million dollars Well, actually she directly wasn't paid, but it was her production company to do the production. They spent one hundred thousand dollars on the second construction of that Call Your Daddy podcast. We find out that they paid Bruce Springsteen to attempt to endorse and to actually show up and do a couple of songs at one of the campaign stops. Beyonce paid Al Sharpton, who is on MSNBC and is one of their commentators, one of their political people. All of a sudden we come to find out that he was paid five hundred thousand dollars by the Harris campaign in order to secure an interview with him, and of course the softball interview that pursued that proceeded from that. He hasn't paid the price, he hasn't lost his job. But of course they propped this up, and they call us the Republicans or Conservatives and existential threat to democracy, even though that we were being told that this woman was competent, that this woman was running a flawless campaign, and now that the dust is settled, they're still calling it a flawless campaign. We see Biden sitting down for interviews saying that he can't think of a single mistake that he made. Nothing comes to mind completely ignoring the Afghanistan embarrassment withdrawal, the crushing debt, that we've got record inflation, wide open borders, and South American gangs now running some of the cities, invading some of our cities, which was denied. So everything was perfect. Everything was perfect with Kamala Harris campaign, she couldn't think of anything, even a softball question. Even the people on the view were shocked when she gave the answer that do you think there's anything that comes to mind that you would do differently than what had been done previously? And she said, no, nothing comes to mind. So I think overarching the big story of twenty twenty four was the election. However, I think as a backdrop of that and the biggest scandal to ever face the United States happened over the last four years. We had that Wall Street Journal expose the other day that talked about how even back during the campaign of twenty twenty that Biden was not as up to the campaigning as a lot of people. And they talked about how his wife was doing like nine campaign appearances on a particular day versus what one or two for Biden, and she was getting all this notoriety, and they started saying, well, you know, you got to tamp down those stories because you're making the president look bad or the candidate look bad, and we don't want that. And so all of the gaps, all the things that happened during that campaign were hidden from the American public. Then we come to find out through this Wall Street Journal article that even in the first couple of months, he started being isolated from advisers and from the outsiders, and he was surrounded by his close advisors and close associates. And they're not all his associates, of course, a lot of them were Obama associates. And so it's pretty safe to say that Obama and his people were pretty much running things. They insulated him. I mean, we see now that he spent four hundred and forty four days on vacation. It may be higher than that by now because he's still on vacation, and that more than forty percent of his presidency. Now, if you go back to and read some of these stories, now, I came across the story that it was called Death and the All American Boy. And this was a story written by Kitty Kelly, who you may be familiar with. She was a is a columnist was a columnist very popular back in the seventies. Wrote a story about him, and I think it was supposed to be a puff piece about him talking about the tragedy of him losing his wife and that he wanted that he actually believed that he should be the smart you know, being the smartest guy in the room. According to him, that he was destined to be president. So can you imagine a job something that you've wanted your entire life, that you're going to be there, that you wanted to be president of the United States, and you become president and you spend forty percent of your time away from Washington on vacation. I'm afraid that, even at my level of the respect for that office, I don't know that I would ever leave Washington except for some diplomatic tour or something that I would Because you cherish that job. You may only have it for four years or as the maximum of eight years, how you don't pull pour every bit of your heart and soul into that job to do the best job you can do for the American people. The hell with your legacy, but for the American people because they entrusted you with that position. I can't imagine spending that much time away. Now I know that, you know, you've got to have family, you got to be involved, But for crying out loud, as Ronald Reagan used to refer to it, just as proprietors and small businesses throughout the history of this country, he said, this is one of the jobs where you live above the store. And that's the way he looked at the office. That's the way he honored the office. The fact that it was the business was on the ground floor and your residence was on the second and third floor. So the respect for the office, wanting to be there and wanting to be part of that, and the fact that you have worked so hard to be in that position, it just dumbfounds me. The fact that how cavalier this presidency has been, and pretty much it appears as though that has been on autopilot, and that should be a major investigation going forward to get to the bottom of this. Who made the decision, who were pulling the strings? Because in effect, my friends, that is unconstitutional, it's undemocratic, and I'm not talking about the party. I'm talking about an existential threat to democracy and actually put our country in danger and actually is in my opinion, treason US five point three, seven four nine, fifty five hundred one, eight hundred eight two three talk one, eight hundred eighty two three eight two, five five pound, five point fifty AT and T wireless phone. Kevin Gordon in for Brian Thomas, fifty five KRC the talk station.
Speaker 6: Fifty five KRC just in time for the New.
Speaker 2: Year twenty one in the morning, Kevin Gordon and for Brian Thomas fifty five ker See the talk stations phone numbers five one, three, seven four nine, fifty, five hundred one, eight hundred, talk one, eight hundred.
Speaker 3: Eight two three eight two.
Speaker 2: Five five pound, five point fifty AT and T wireless phone. Looking at some of these stories I'm talking about, and I've asked UH, and we've had a couple of callers call in and talk about the biggest stories of twenty twenty four, plans for the New Year's Eve celebration, and of course any plans for or what you're anticipating on what you're looking forward to in twenty twenty five. Now, some of the headlines that I'm seeing inflation, elections in war dominated twenty twenty four, angered by the hefty ramp up in prices for everything from eggs to energy. Over the past few years, they punished incumbent and parties at almost every opportunity. The pain of inflation lingers and the ruling parties took the blame, that took the blame in election after election.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's just the media.
Speaker 13: You know.
Speaker 2: In the United States, high cost help Donald Trump win a second term as president four years after he was voted out of the White House and then falsely claimed election fraud. His supporters failed in their bid to overturn Trump's defeat by storming the US Capitol. You know, they just can't get a Scholert. But I just love the Trump derangement syndrome and stories like this. Let's see Trump's defeat. They could not stand Trump's defeat by storming the US Capitol on January sixth.
Speaker 3: Twenty twenty one.
Speaker 2: This year, they made their voices heard at the ballot box, ushering in a new American leadership likely to test democratic institutions at home and relations abroad.
Speaker 3: Are you kidding me?
Speaker 2: The inflation driven and anti incumbent sentiment also ushered in new governments and writin and Botswana, Portugal and Panama, South Korean voters put the opposition into power in its parliament, a check on President Yun suk yol. In early December, the president imposed martial law, a move the National Assembly quickly reversed.
Speaker 3: Elections also shook up.
Speaker 2: France and Germany, and Japan and India. In one place where there was no change, Russia, where Vladimir Putin was re elected president with eighty eight percent of the vote, a record in post Soviet Russia. What you don't understand that that is still almost a communist country. There, damn near a communist country, that there is no freedom over there. But of course you know you can't tell this to so called well spoon fed Well, they are spoon fed regurgitators because I don't want to characterize them as journalists, because they are anything, but because they never report the actual truth or the facts, but their version of and let's face it, Okay, there has never been a communist or a communist idea that the left hasn't loved. I've made the comment before, kind of jokingly, but I would be surprised. I wouldn't be surprised. I wonder how many of the liberals out there actually have Sha Guevera t shirts in their closets. You know, it wouldn't surprise me because all the leftists that we see, all this leftist movement from the Green News Steel on down is all designed as control. It's not having to do anything with climate change, has nothing to do with anything other than making a ruling class where they are at the top and we are at the bottom. And of course they love that, because in their hearts they are all socialists. Moscow continued to prosecute its war against Ukraine, grinding out notable notable territorial gains. The big question is what impact Trump's return to the White House will have on the conflict. He has promised end the war in a day. Many in Ukraine and elsewhere in Europe fear that will mean siding with Putin and freezing the status quo. In the Middle East, Israel continues its war against Gaza and extended it to Lebanon, where it left Iran backed Hezbola damage and in disarray. In Syria, a well coordinated collection of rebel groups top oled Bashir l Asad and now seeks to run the country. In business, companies around the world grappled with how to adapt to artificial intelligence. The dominance of tech companies for investors can be summed up as one simple fact. Seven tech firms, the so called Magnificent seven, now account for more than one third of the S and P five hundred's market cap. Elon Musk, who runs one of those companies, Tesla, is an advisor and financial backer of President Trump. Looking ahead, that combination of tech bro mojo and political power could well defined twenty five Interesting. Interesting, see a little bit of slant in that particular story. And oh lo and behold, we'll dig into this coming up. Hamas suddenly open to release of some Israeli hostages before the Trump Trump inauguration five one three seven four nine fifty five hundred one eight hundred eight two three talk one eight hundred eight eight two three eight two five five pound, five point fifty AT and T wireless phone. Kevin Gordon in for Brian Thomas, fifty five KRC the Talk station.
Speaker 6: Fifty five KRC, eight thirty two.
Speaker 2: In the morning, Kevin Gordon in for Brian Thomas, fifty five KRC, the Talk Stations. We're following some local headlines and I just cannot get my It's just this, this story just completely keeps bothering me over and over again. Cruse, responding to the point, well, the nine one one calls say dad was asleep when three year old child died. A nine to eleven call father of killed daughter of dog attack woke up found her already dead in the apartment. Father of three year old girl was killed in the dog attack told dispatchers he woke up Friday to find her already dead in the living room. The man called Sin Santa Police seven fifty am just after he woke up in the Roselawn apartment. According to nine to one one calls recording the computer aided dispatched documents in a panic state. He identified himself as the girl's father and described the scene just a horrific situation. We had a caller earlier that called in said they described the dog as a terrier, but that could actually be a pit bull terrier, which is unbelievable.
Speaker 3: Just sad.
Speaker 2: Cruse responded that they had the let's see they idd the girl killed in the attack. Let me see county two dogs cat Kingsley right inside the home a seven thousand blocks a Stillwell Road, according to police. And then they talk in here about some of the other dog attacks that have happened around the state and kind of some national statistics. Also, we looked at a cruise responding to a plane crash in Adams County. They do have they have identified the person that lost their life in that plane crash.
Speaker 3: A gentleman by the name of.
Speaker 2: Robert Harris Coles of Vicksburg, Michigan, is a pilot flying the small plane when it crashed into a wooded area and the Ohios according to Ohio State Highway Patrols Georgetown Division wrote in a press release, preliminary investigation revealed that Coles was flying the nineteen sixty twin engine Cessna three ten D when a crash near the property of at twenty one seventy three Savage Road. A trooper at the scene told news agencies that the plane was headed to West Union. Once officer emergency crews located the crash site, they found Coles, who was pronounced dead at the scene. There's no other occupants in the plane, so it was just a single death. But again, tragedy around the Christmas holidays. Tragedy of any time at any any time of the year is always tragic, but when it occurs around the holidays or a holiday that creates problems because when those anniversaries come around, when you're supposed to be in a celebratory mood, when you're supposed to be ready for a holiday, you have that reminder the anniversary of the loss of a loved one or the tragic death of someone that in some cases could have been prevented. Coming up, we've got let's go a little bit of fun facts and talk a little bit about New Year's and what people can expect. Phone numbers five one, three, seven, nine, fifty five one, eight hundred eight two three talk one, eight hundred eighty two three eight two five five pound, five point fifty AT and T wireless phone. Kevin Gordon in for Brian Thomas, fifty five KR see the talk station.
Speaker 7: This is fifty five KRC, an iHeartRadio station.
Speaker 9: The holidays are a blast.
Speaker 2: Eight thirty eight in the morning. Kevin Gordon in for Brian Thomas.
Speaker 3: Fifty five krises the talk station.
Speaker 2: Let's go to the phones. Let's talk to Joe fifty five KR. See how are you this morning? Happy New Year Eve? And uh what.
Speaker 3: You got for us?
Speaker 14: Happy New Year? Kevin, God bless you and prayers for uh say sorry about the background was the victims of that tragedy you just spoke about. I wanted to get your opinion on saying two things. They are kind of a conundrum to me.
Speaker 2: Now, what would make you think I have an opinion on anything?
Speaker 3: What would give you that I your brother?
Speaker 14: I'm sorry, that's okay, love, It is good to laugh.
Speaker 3: First.
Speaker 14: I don't know how we reconcile this three or you know, I look in terms of six months that you have to be able to get by. But eventually it comes down in my mind a community. You know, you can't be everything to everybody. And I'm going to get out of the way because I'd rather listen.
Speaker 2: Well, what what was your first first question on what?
Speaker 3: Now? It was?
Speaker 14: There's apparently and I'm not educated on this. I need to catch up. Controversy regarding Trump's view of the green card extensions.
Speaker 2: Oh okay, okay, you follow Yeah, okay, yeah, okay, Well you don't have to hang up. But anyway, there the controversy over these h H one B visas that had been around for a number of years. In fact, I believe there was some testimony by Bill Gates back in the nineteen nineties talking about how you need to have what they call the best and brightest available and when you get into some of this tech and some of the computer stuff, the Americans the workforce wasn't enough and that you have to be able to bring in people who can handle that. But what we've seen, and I think there was supposed to be something like eight hundred and sixty of these that would be allowed every year, that has more than exploded to over eighty six thousand a year. And what we are seeing is that companies are using this the way that they're using the cheap labor coming across the border the illegals, and using that cheap labor in certain areas, they are bringing in people from other countries into things that aren't really a H one B was supposed to be a specific set of skills for a specific industry, and they have brought people in that are basically pushing computer programmers that are in those positions out. There was a story about Disney where all of their employees there were told you're losing your job, and it's your job now to train the person coming in behind you. If you don't do that, and if you refuse to do that, you will get no severance package. So they brought these people in from the outside making less money than what the people that were there.
Speaker 3: We've seen this.
Speaker 2: I saw some reports in my profession or original profession as a recovering accountant, I look back on that companies, accounting firms are bringing people in at lower wages in order to do certain accounting work for their clients. Now, again, if you're abusing this program, that needs to be tightened up tremendously. And although there are if there are industries and if there are needs for certain employees that you cannot find, then yes, being able to bring those in from the outside would be great. But when you start abusing the heck out of this like that, that is wrong. That is flat out wrong. And when this happens, that's when the thing needs to be either disbanded or built up back from the ground up. So does that answer the question?
Speaker 3: It all? We're here? Yeah?
Speaker 14: I needed to get educated, and now I feel like I can articulate based on what you told me and my thoughts and concerns.
Speaker 4: Thank you for that.
Speaker 2: Okay, very good, Have a happy new year and be safe out there. Where do we go now, Sean? Who do I go to next? Tim, Tim fifty five cares how are you this morning?
Speaker 16: The boy, sir, just fine. How you did it?
Speaker 3: I cannot complain.
Speaker 16: As far as the visas there, you know, there's a lot of places these companies want to build. You know, it's cheaper to build out in the country. But then there's not a workforce. You've got to bring them in from somewhere, you know.
Speaker 2: Yeah, because you can bring them in from the cities, you can bring them in from the surrounding areas. You don't necessarily have to bring them in as immigrants or on a visa from another country.
Speaker 3: You can do go ahead, No.
Speaker 16: That well, that they should work on that. Then they should try, you know, try to do that more.
Speaker 2: But where you have again, when you have a program that is set up for a specific set of skills in a narrow field that there aren't a whole lot of so called experts in that field, when you bring those people in that should be for that specific task, you don't bring people in on those visas just to do research work, accounting work, or programming work, and you don't fire the people that are currently doing that job so that you can bring in people who will work cheaper. I'm going back on my experience as a recovering accountant. People may be familiar with if you're old enough to remember, French Bauer ice Cream, French Bower Dairy down in downtown Cincinnati. I remember going to an audit there and I was talking to a gentleman who was from India, who as his background, was a doctor but could not get licensed in the United States and was working there in their accounts receivable, the accounts receivable department, and we got to talking and I was talking to him about where he lived, and he lived over near Cincinnati Gardens, and he talked about what a wonderful place that was, and if you remember back during the seventies eighties is when that area started deterioring over there. So he was working at a profession that he wasn't trained in at a cheaper rate than what he normally would be paid in a position. Now, when you're bringing these people in, and I've talked to a lot of people in the programming departments, and they say that if you're applying for a job, if you aren't from a particular country, if you're not Indian, and you don't have the technical I mean, if you have the technical skills. But again, if you're not that nationality, you don't get hired. And I don't know if it's a form of discrimination. I guess this needs to be looked at. If they're being paid less than what the marketplace would bear, then you're starting to skew the scales here in the United States and bringing people in for an intended purpose that it wasn't intended in the first place. So we'll pick the U up phone numbers five one, three, seven, four nine fifty five hundred one, eight hundred eight two three talk one eight hundred eight two three eight two five five pound, five point fifty AT and T wireless phone. Will and Mark. We'll get to you right after the break. I'm Kevin Gordon in for Brian Thomas, fifty five KRC, the.
Speaker 6: Talk station fifty five KRC Cyber retire.
Speaker 2: The nine first morning forecast, the Morning Rush. We're going to see what start of the day rainy, windy, and a low of forty seven, and the rain continues on into the afternoon. The winds could reach his nearly thirty miles per hour, be a high of fifty tonight right before midnight, should dry out a little bit temperatures will fall colder. It's going to be about thirty two degrees. New Year's Day, mostly cloudy, some sun possible. It's cold again, a high of thirty eight and a low of twenty six. Right now, all forty four degrees. Fifty five KRC DE talk station Chuck Ingram has traffic.
Speaker 10: From the UCUP Traffic Center.
Speaker 11: The University of Cincinnati Cancer Center is the region's first and only provider of specialized primary care services for cancer patients and survivors. Called five one three five eighty five uc CC highwaight traffic.
Speaker 10: In pretty good shape.
Speaker 11: Had a reporter of an accident northbound seventy one's ramp to the lateral westbound. So far, I'm seeing no slow traffic in that area. Seventy five is doing fine too. Through Lacklan.
Speaker 10: Chuck Ingram on fifty five KR SE deep talk station.
Speaker 2: Coming up on a fifty one in the morning. Kevin Gordon in for Brian Thomas, fifty five KR see the talk station. Let's do some clean up here. We got a bunch of phone calls. Let's try to get to as many of them as we can will fifty five KR. See how are you this morning?
Speaker 5: Hey, Kevin, how you doing today?
Speaker 3: Good? Good good.
Speaker 5: That same thing happened to me just last December. I worked for CBS Fashion. They laid four thousand of their IT people off. They were a big company, you have a million people. But they also brought them in for us to train first and then get the jobs to India because everything was remote.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so they now know.
Speaker 5: They sent four thousand jobs to a censure. That same thing that was going on back in the eighties with General Electric. They were using a company called Tata.
Speaker 3: I remember, Oh yeah, for sure.
Speaker 5: And they would they would. I think they did other things besides just I t you know, it's really frustrating. Yeah, you go to all these years at the school and to get trained, and they would train you and tell you, you know, the more you gotta leave you need to learn this, this and this. Well the reason why you need to learn that, which said that you could train the people that are going to take your place.
Speaker 3: That's insane, you know.
Speaker 2: And and where they talk about big business and you know, in the agriculture area and all these sort of thing taking advantage of people, and people are taking advantage of it all. And I think it is one of the big ones. Let's get you a Nick. By the way, thank you for that phone call. Will Let's try to get to Nick here real quick.
Speaker 4: Hi, Kevin, this is Nick Knowle. I am I'm the author.
Speaker 16: Hi.
Speaker 14: I am the author of.
Speaker 8: A book called Our God Given Freedom, not our freedom itself, but the book called Our God Given Freedom that I've been on with Brian about several times. And you know, and this book actually addresses the reason that we have these vises and the reason there's a controversy over it. The reason that we have these verses and the reason there's a controversy is because the education system in this country has done such a poor job of educating people in this country, especially Black Americans. They purposely do not educate Black Americans the same way they educate white people. And it's been that way. Walter Williams used to write about this a lot, and I wrote about it a lot in my book and the book before that, Our God Given Freedom. And this is this is the thing as right now we don't have an educated populous because the schools don't do a good job. But they especially discriminate against Black Americans and education. And they've been doing that ever since the Democratic Party has been in charge of running our schools, and that's been the case for a long long time.
Speaker 2: I have been maintaining all along, Nick, that the Democratic Party is the party of racism.
Speaker 3: And you know, George W.
Speaker 2: Bush used to say that was the soft bigotry of low expectations. Well, I think it's the hard bigotry of no expectations in certain instances. And this is what they have done. Now I'm getting close to the top of the ron. I got to wrap this up. Can Sean, can you put him on hold, get his number and I'll talk to him. Maybe we can have him on in some future future time, Nick, because I'd really like to get into this a lot more in depth with you. Okay, great, thank you very much having Mary. I have a happy New Year. Well, folks, we got about a minute here before I got to scoot out of here. But I just want to tell everybody it's been great being here. I've enjoyed all the calls, enjoyed the subject matter. Shoot, if I'd have known this H one B visa thing was going to be a topic that would drive the day, maybe.
Speaker 3: I should have started off with that.
Speaker 2: But then again, you would have missed out on me waxing eloquently about so many subjects throughout the day, So you know, you kind of got to take the good with the bad here. I mean, otherwise you wouldn't have been so well informed on some of these other subjects. But we'll have to. This is a subject that really is heating up and something that needs to be addressed and something that needs to be talked about. Well, folks, have a very safe and very happy New Year's Eve tonight. Let's be safe out there and have a great time. I'm Kevin Gordon in for Brian Thomas. Fifty five KRC, the Talk Station.
Speaker 9: Your voice, thank you for taking my call. Your country gives us all somewhat to think about. Fifty five KRC the Talk Station, This reapel