Speaker 1: Well, well, well, welcome back, bestie. It's your mother. I'm so excited to be here with you guys this week. Our guest today is absolutely amazing. I hope you enjoyed this conversation as much as I did. She's a comedian, model, actress. She does it all, Charlotte McKinney. Please enjoy. So I want to talk to you about this. I was at a coffee shop this morning and I overheard these two bros talking about girls online with followings. They're like, they're like, yo, this girl has like four hundred thousand followers. I don't think I could date someone like that, Like she seems too high maintenance. And I was like, it was so interesting to like just listen to how guys like think about and process a following. And have you ever have you ever had a guy like not want to date you because you're following it so big?
Speaker 2: Yeah, Like someone told me the other guy they were like, I was going to hit you up, but I didn't even think you would like see it, but I see everything.
Speaker 1: That's the thing. People are like, no, you're not like I would hit.
Speaker 2: You up, But I was like, why didn't you? Yeah, we're also bored I'm also bored, like we're looking like hello, is anyone there? Yeah, Like the dms have definitely like cranked a little down, like now that I post this comedy, like no one really yeah yeah yeah, like she's going through it. She's going to having an episode psychic psycho will leave her.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: But it's funny you say that because I think I don't think like I think it's so stupid to be like, oh, yeah, she's a following. It's like, no, I'm more lonely.
Speaker 1: Than than you would ever imagined.
Speaker 2: Totally.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's it's such a funny misconception. I almost wanted to like step in and be like no, d.
Speaker 2: M us slide in the DM for sure.
Speaker 1: Slide slide, slippery slide baby, even if the girl has like millions of.
Speaker 2: Followers, just like, dude, shoot shoot your shot. Yeah, I say, like, take a chance. So this is the thing.
Speaker 1: I really thought it was interesting to be like fly on the wall listening to guys be like she's going to be too high maintenance, it's going to be unmanageable, she's going to be an energy sack. And I really wanted to like get in there and be like no, no, no, no, no, Like trust.
Speaker 2: Me, did you say anything? No?
Speaker 1: Because this it was in Venice Beach and this woman came in with no pants on and started she had a mask like she had like that.
Speaker 3: Sounds like an average coffee shop in Venice, Like you know, she had like a Marty Gras mask on and beads and then no pants and like a thong and then she was like yelling about a screenplay where Lebron James finally retires.
Speaker 2: And I was like, you know what I missed moment? Yeah, yeah, that's like this lady has the floor. Now that's hysterical.
Speaker 1: But no, it is true because I think there's like this because even like when I've talked to my ex boyfriend's friends are like obsessed with you. They're like she's the hottest person alive.
Speaker 2: Like I don't feel that way. Well, but it's like if they slid in my damns, I'd be so flattered, right Like I you said, like I think they need to do it more. I think people see numbers or think that like they're gonna get lost, But I say, I say you have to do it. I mean, no idea.
Speaker 1: How bored someone with a million followers is.
Speaker 2: Extremely no I need I need the convoy. But I mean, I'm sure there are girls that are maybe like younger hot or like Instagram girls are like a little more right. I do see their point because I know influencers who influencers.
Speaker 1: Who are always influencing, Like they're getting ready in my hotel room and I'm on the street.
Speaker 2: Now I'm in. When you're like a real real and like, I don't post my personal life not too much, so like I have like such a like normal like when I have like relationship, I'm not like sharing it or like posting them so, but some girls post every little thing.
Speaker 1: Everything, and that I couldn't deal with. Yeah, I never really posted. I mean I had my ex on the podcast once, but I never really posted. You had him on the pod, which is once, okay, and because I was living in Palm Beach and I.
Speaker 2: Was like I needed a guest. You're like, I'm running on.
Speaker 1: I was like, he's in my house, so I'm going to have him on.
Speaker 2: But other than that, I didn't post him.
Speaker 1: I think it is really important, especially like when you are kind of a public semi public, you're to keep that part of the relationship like, yeah, keep it sacred. When it's in one piece, do you know what I mean? When you're still with the person, it's like keep it private, keep it sacred, because like.
Speaker 2: The more eyes on it kind of wishing it. People will pray on your downfall exactly. And I think, what's your audience, like a male or female?
Speaker 1: It's actually like a seventy thirty split male female.
Speaker 2: Oh I'm so jealous. Yeah, mine's all just like random like men in Middle America. So they don't want to see a guy like right, right right, They want to la And I've always I guess for me, I've always wanted to like have this like look like, you know, not approachable. But I'm not like with some guy like I've always had to kind of look single. And yeah, it kind of affected my last relationship because I think the guy like got but hurt after seven years. I never posted him. Yeah, but you're like the shady dude. You're like shady dude, like Shay want to get post And I'm like, nah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's the God to put a man in the position of a woman who just wants to be posted on the Internet. That is it is women in men's field.
Speaker 2: It's kind of nice.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, yeah, you're like, No, I lose income if people know I'm in a relationship.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Like I lose followers if I post, even if I post like my guy friends, like, no one wants to see me.
Speaker 1: Or with a man, No, because they all think you're dating.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they're all like I need them to have the illusion delusion that you were like gonna get married. Yeah, you're their internet wife exactly. Yeah, so I can't. I can't do that. You can't do that, But there is something free, Like I thought about it recently, there is something freeing of like if I did ever do like it seems kind of fun to post a man.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but like you know, like show like when you're like little something when you find your person.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and you're like like all like.
Speaker 1: And you know, like here's the reality. If you're with someone for seven years and you never posted them.
Speaker 2: Once, there may be a person there was clearly something something was a little yeah, something was a little off.
Speaker 1: But I'm sure when you find your person, yeah, after like two years after they sit in jail in fucking time out exactly.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, until I know they don't have Also too, like once when I did put my X on my story, that's when I found out he was having an affair because I never shared them. So sometimes you need to be sharing them so right, you can get the feedback.
Speaker 1: Right, so you can find out who their other girlfriends are exactly. And that's instant.
Speaker 2: That's probably why it lasted so long. The other girlfriends didn't know, they didn't not gather.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so that's something that I thought was very shady about the relationship I just got out of. He never posted me once, and I didn't post him because I was protecting him and like people, you don't want people to know who you are.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you're like your audience like.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, yeah, I'm like you don't want it. But for the reverse, he never posted me, and I was like, I'm like, you're hot, cool fucking yeah, Like I'm like the one.
Speaker 2: You need to be posted.
Speaker 1: I was like, this is crazy, But.
Speaker 2: Have you talked about this yet? Can we get into.
Speaker 1: Like yeah, we canna, Yeah we can talk about it. Yeah, it's I mean, listen, I think.
Speaker 2: It's how are you feeling right now?
Speaker 1: This is very very optimistic, Like I'm very excited to go to New York and have a summer and like do the things I'm also very sad, like, yeah, I've never been in a relationship before where I was like, this person's going to be my husband and then they weren't my husband, you know what I mean.
Speaker 2: My last one was my actual husband. Yeah, you actually had that.
Speaker 1: It was like I did so much. Yeah, we all forget, we all forget about the person. Yeah, but you gotta get it out of the way, you know. Yeah. No, but I obviously like moved my life to Palm Beach for this person, and like, listen, we can talk about it six ways towards the weekend, whether or not he thinks he was cheating because he's like, I never was physical with this person. It was just, you know, it was an inappropriate relationship. But I just think that's worse.
Speaker 2: My accent got kind of physical, but it was mostly an emotional relationship for a really long time, and I think, to me, that hurt worse. I'm like, go fucking bang someone out and then like never talk to them again. But like these like weird like ongoing Yeah.
Speaker 1: So the way he just describes it was like this is my best friend. Okay, He's like, this is my best friend. They just don't have boundaries. He calls her baby. He says, I'm glad you're thinking about me before you go to bed at night.
Speaker 2: She sends him having to go so that anyway, so that's his best friend. Yeah, and I you know, so anyway, that's his best friend. I'm like, do you send this to your male friends?
Speaker 1: Like, do you know are you and your male friends exchanging nudes too?
Speaker 2: Because then yeah, like yeah, anyway, but whatever the reality is, whether.
Speaker 1: Or not it was physical, it's none of my business. At this point. It was like such a wild betrayal of trust. I had never felt that before.
Speaker 2: It's so weird. It's the weirdest feeling. It's like it's it's worse because I found out that he was like telling her my business and mine yeah, yeah stuff. And I was like I had felt so like violent in a way I've never like I've been Yes, I've been violating my whole life. Yeah, this was like a different it's a different feeling.
Speaker 1: It just is such a betrayal. And it's like for me, I'm living with this person, right. I moved my whole life across the country and put my career on hold. I did all these things to like create a home with him and then to know that the entirety of our relationship this was going on behind my back, was just devastating. And you know, I think at this point, I'm just like we were incompatible and for many reasons, but I was not seeing them because I was so in love.
Speaker 2: Like of course when I get in love, I'm like, yeah, yeah, you look me on it. And I think for you, like, first of all, congrats, you're killing it and like to go to Florida and like leave, like with stand up, you have to be so in it and here and like to give to do that, like it's a big step. Yeah, you know, like you're not really hitting clubs every night in Palm Bea. I have a girl.
Speaker 1: I haven't worked, that's the other thing. So then when I was moving to New York, you know, usually I can show income because I'm usually working, but now I have to get a place on my own in a city that's the hardest city in the country to get a place in. And I've made literally I'm not exaggerating, like ten thousand dollars.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and they're like you can't afford you know what I mean. They're like, yeah, it's.
Speaker 1: Been such a disorienting experience, but I think ultimately and like it's divinery direction and like that's how you.
Speaker 2: Have to look at it. I think this is a really exciting chapter. Yeah, you going to New York is very exciting, and I think that's gonna really.
Speaker 1: Like yeah, and you're going to come hang out.
Speaker 2: Yes, I really I hate New York.
Speaker 1: Okay, good, but it's a good start. That's I used to be with it too.
Speaker 2: Fucking hate it, but like I was up for something that's out there, and and I was like, honestly, if like i'm working in a mouth, like if I'm doing stuff, I'm fine. It's just like when I'm not working out there and I'm just like spending money to just live, I.
Speaker 1: Don't like like fourteen dollars per air.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but i'd loved like we should do like a little like mon Talk weekend or like you know, have like I'm excited for. I think this is going to be a really it's gonna be fun.
Speaker 1: And if you still want them, you know, his friends are waiting, they're.
Speaker 2: Round Now I'm like, fuck his friend, but like but like yeah, yeah, fuck his friends or fucking friends.
Speaker 1: I really don't care which way you go with that. No, they're wonderful people. I can't speak to their of course, honestly, you can have him, honestly take him off my bucking as we do a mood talk weekend.
Speaker 2: He's just in til I'm like, I don't know, I don't know. You're like bold guys.
Speaker 1: The one friend that I sent you is so hot.
Speaker 2: Did you send me pictures of them? Yes? You did?
Speaker 1: Yes, let me show you again.
Speaker 2: I think I I think I told you like my type is so like weird, where they like if they like look normal. I'm like, okay, yeah, so you don't like this guy. You didn't show me this picture. What's his ethnicity? Jewish? Okay, he looks like Spanish. He might be something else, as I have to go to friend all right up, Like, what are running a background check on? Running out of check?
Speaker 1: We're running a background check on you?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't know. I'm so weird. I'm also like very big on like humor and personality, so funny.
Speaker 1: His friends are also funny. It's very unfortunate how funny they are. I was like really excited to spend the rest of our life together with all those friends because they're all very.
Speaker 2: Funny, you know, what's tough is when they have a great friend group. Yeah, and then you have to break up with the friend group. I know, I hate that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's really tough. It's funny. One of his friends like joined my Patreon yesterday and I had to like block him because I was like, I know, you're just in your fucking snooping.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but you just want to hear the d Yeah, I know, you just want to see that's funny. You can tell who who?
Speaker 1: Well, he did it with his first and last name, yea is playing his fuck email. I was like, well, I okay, you're.
Speaker 2: It was probably your acts.
Speaker 1: I mean, probably maybe wanting information.
Speaker 2: But I don't know.
Speaker 1: I think he's like kind of in a dark place right now. I don't know that he's like seeking he should should.
Speaker 2: I want them all in a dark place. Every guy needs to just be in a dark place at all time. Men in a dark place.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it might drop them all in a fucking wild literally in a manhole in New York City.
Speaker 2: I'll find the manholes, you fly out, We'll start pushing guys on, and we'll just spoil them like fucking lobsters. Truly, like that woman, did you hear that woman fell into me and hole and died in New York City.
Speaker 1: Sent yeah, like a week ago, horrible death. I didn't know this kind of I know that like that was even a thing. A death could be this bad? So you know when those where is it?
Speaker 2: Can I go? Yeah? Literally? Can we get? No?
Speaker 1: Listen to how horrible this is? So the cover was off. I don't know what's down there or why it's hot.
Speaker 2: But she why is it hot? I don't know what's down there.
Speaker 1: Mike's doing the research, I think, but basically the cap is off right, and then she gets out of her car, falls in and then just screams until she dies because she's getting like boiled or something like that. I was like, that's a I wouldn't want to like get boiled. No, And I thought it was just between drowning and firing. Boiling is a combination of the two that sounds horrid.
Speaker 2: I'm not why are the sewers so hot?
Speaker 1: That's what I'm wondering.
Speaker 2: Isn't the walk around? Are you? Did you find it? I mean, it doesn't say that she was ship boiled ten feet and suffered fatal scald burns and inhalation injuries and blunt force trauma. Yeah, aka boiling aka ship boiled.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna call it a poostew yahtew our sponsor this week, you guys, it's Berber.
Speaker 2: It's always Berber.
Speaker 1: It's our one and only Berber uh. Berber Hair Oil is a treatment that you do as much as you want, as much as you can to help your hair grow strong and fast and beautiful. And honestly, I'm so happy with my hair. I just got a little cut, but it is, it's so healthy and it's all because of Berber. Go to Berber dot com bu r b u r dot com, use the code Brick for fifteen percent off your first order, and you guys, send me progress picks. I want to see what your hair is looking like because I see all these orders coming in. I always get like a little notification when I get an order off my code, So use my code and send me progress picks. I want to hear all the tea and how your hair is growing. Love you guys, So anyway, that's going to be our hobby this same.
Speaker 2: Okay, cool, I can't wait.
Speaker 1: We'll go to the Hamptons first and on our way back and they'll throw men in manholes for father's supposed to that's why they're maybe back. Yeah, manholes put the man in the hole.
Speaker 2: That the man in the hole. I love that. I love that. No, but I'm excited for this chapter for you. I think at the time, you think it's the worst, even like looking back, I was like, this is the worst thing. But the amount of people I met and the way getting out of that relationship put me back into stand up so intensely and like threw me back. Like I look back and you think that's where your life's going, and you picture this road and then you're like no, and your person want to do that to you? Yeah, you know, yeah truly, Like when you really think of it, if that was your dude, he would have never who had been like fuck off? Yeah, I don't.
Speaker 1: Like, I just don't need to be with someone who makes me feel unsafe. You know. I had like a very unsafe and chaotic upbringing, and I just don't need that energy anymore.
Speaker 2: You really don't. You've you've put your time in you need somebody, Yeah, you don't need that. And I think too when people try and like work through it, it's always just going to be in the back of your head. Yeah, always going to kind of come back to that. You're not going to trust him. You're going to become the girl who like is constantly looking through his phone.
Speaker 1: It's just not fun. And that's what I was like, you know, even when we went to therapy and we're like, what do we need to like make this work? And I had to make a list, and I was like, this is going to be a horrible life for both of us.
Speaker 2: Fine, it's not only.
Speaker 1: Bad for you, it's bad for me too, Like I don't want to look through your phone.
Speaker 2: I never have before. I don't want it to be my hobby. Like, no, it's not fun.
Speaker 1: Yeah, my life has more purpose than being insecure exactly so, and you'll get great material out of it.
Speaker 2: You'll it's fortunately unfortunately, but unfortunately, I don't know. I think it's a blessing. In disguison, you were saying he was younger. Yeah, he's how much younger? Ten years? Okay? Well yeah, also like cool but also also also yeah, but I see I've never done younger. I know.
Speaker 1: Also that was the thing when I was trying to hook you up with his friends. You're like, this might be too young, and I was like they're great.
Speaker 2: But you know what, I've noticed that I eat those words. I'm not not truly, but you know what I've noticed in the younger generation, even just like when I'm doing open mics with these like younger kids, they're more respectful. Yeah, that generation than like the forty year old. Forty year olds very very different. They're very different, Like they don't they respect women differently, like we are kind of more as opposed to like the men that are in their four years.
Speaker 1: Yes, I know exactly what you're saying. Kids are better. They're just better across the board that like gen Z group, they're more thoughtful. They were raised kind of with technology, so they don't like pour themselves into it so much dangers of it. They're like, yeah, they they are I think, highly intelligent and that's why, you know, even I was at like it was maybe like a year ago, I went to a Cascade concert and there was like kids, there's all these kids at the club, right, and I was like, why is nobody hammered? Like if this was me, like my fucking tits would be out. Yeah, But it was like everyone was just like chillin and they're own mushrooms and like I was talking to I'm friends with Cascades tour manager Ryan, and he was just like, yeah, the kids just do mushrooms and vibe like they're just like they're not as wild and rambunctious and disrespectful and toxic and like all of these things that are generation and above were.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and they've learned to like deal. I think they deal with their feelings more than like just like the other generations.
Speaker 1: Just like, yeah, they're like in therapy. Yeah, they're actually like yeah, like the generations above us, they're like, ill just do five hundred push ups.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, totally. I'll just go out for you know, yah, three nights in a row. Get through it. But it's I don't know. Yeah, I don't know if I could, I don't know.
Speaker 1: But even don't mind asking how old are you?
Speaker 2: Because I'm thirty two? Okay, hold are you?
Speaker 1: I'm thirty seven?
Speaker 2: Your baby?
Speaker 1: I thought you I wish Actually no, I don't. No offense, no offense. I'm sprinting to the finish line.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah. He has really close, wonderful, supportive friends.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: So like, while I know he's like suffering right now, he's also so supportive. Yeah, like these these male friendships I think are so much more mature in this generation. Yeah, where they're like actually like supportive bros, and they like check on each other and they worry about each other's mental health and like they're like A it's like A he has a fucking solid friend group. So I'm like, if you have a good friend group, you can get through anything.
Speaker 2: Yeah, now you can get through literally no.
Speaker 1: Matter how bad you fuck up or your your life turns upside down. If you have good friends, you're good.
Speaker 2: Did you have any girlfriends in Pompeach?
Speaker 1: So I made too, but like I was there for such a short amount of time. Yeah, there's one girl, Eva, who I will be friends with for the rest of my life. Her and I just like clicked immediately. She's so fucking funny. I met her at a meeting and she told me. She was like, yeah, I had to get over because I threw myself off a balcony at my boyfriend. And I was like, that's my bitch, we're friends, that's my bitch.
Speaker 2: You get me. Yeah. I was like, Yeah, that's.
Speaker 1: The energy I'm talking about.
Speaker 2: That's the friend I want.
Speaker 1: She's like, I brought my fucking back, But whatever, and yeah.
Speaker 2: I'm so you've had to have like tried to commit to it to be my friend, like sorry, like at least like it leads to do we have anything to connect to have anything you know at all? It's so true.
Speaker 1: Yeah, how's your journey going with that?
Speaker 2: Do you want to talk about that? Yes? And then that's kind of what I was excited to talk to you about. Are you saying like sobriety just like jumping off a bridge? Jumping off?
Speaker 1: Tell, let's talk about your experience.
Speaker 2: What bridge am I looking at at the moment? Which would you have your eye on?
Speaker 1: There's a good one, opacity you know.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, it's nice, a good downfall. No, it's I'm one hundred and sixty six days today.
Speaker 1: Congratulation.
Speaker 2: It's the hardest thing I've ever done. It's very hard, hands down.
Speaker 1: But like, are you full sobriety or are you your full sobriety?
Speaker 2: Yes? The weed was really hard to quit. But yeah, I mean I micro doosed a microdovese mushrooms. I'm not gonna like lie on that. Yeah, just for like depression, not even like not not even enjoy not even have mushrooms just make me get in my head and like over analyze my whole life, look at what I'm doing wrong. So like mushrooms isn't really like relaxing weed. Mushrooms, mum, Mushrooms just make me Like when I do mushrooms, it just like kind of like puts my life out and it's.
Speaker 1: Like you need to like, yeah, I feel like I.
Speaker 2: Think too much when I'm like, in a good way, it helps me work through a lot of stuff. But in the same way, it's like with drugs, I just want to check out, and like mushrooms, you're like check.
Speaker 1: Checking and a way I do feel like when you're on mushrooms, or me too, when I'm on mushrooms, it's almost like you get sucked out of your life a little bit and you can look at it.
Speaker 2: You're looking at it from another view, yeah, which is nice.
Speaker 1: Bird's eye and yeh, be like this is working for you.
Speaker 2: This is it totally for you.
Speaker 1: I've had twice on mushrooms, so I've I'm like California sober right now, but I've like gone back and.
Speaker 2: Forth with full sobriety.
Speaker 1: But two times when I've done mushrooms, I've had the download from the University like you need to stop doing all drugs.
Speaker 2: Which is like, but that's what I mean. Mushrooms is what got me sober. Yes, okay, Like it was like, yeah, what are you doing? And even when I take mushrooms, it's like why are you taking me?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: What are you? Like, what are you doing? Like you're doing so like it really kind of keeps it's keeping me sober. Yeah in a weird way. Yeah, but no, it's uh, it's very challenging. But for me, what I'm noticing I suffer with like very severe depression and anxiety, don't we all.
Speaker 1: And welcome to being alive.
Speaker 2: Yeah, welcome to anyone right now. But I've noticed like when I was using drugs, I was just so up and down. I couldn't control my mood. I was super high, I was super low. My calm doowns were really bad. And now I'm just like constantly like I'm not happy, I'm not sad. I'm just like I'm good, You're okay. And I've noticed it helping with my like I'm more grounded within my work and memory, my my lines, and I'm just more present than I ever have been. But like Saturday, like it's some y I'm just even the other day, like with like work stuff and this and that, I just wanted to just fucking check like the checkout I miss.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, no checking out is I mean, that's that's one of the things that helped me get sober. The very first time I got sober, so I quit drinking alcohol, and then I was smoking weed for a while. And I ran into a friend who was in the program and I was like, I'm sober now, and she's like, did you quit smoking weed? And I was like no, And she's like, who are you that You're so afraid to be with yourself?
Speaker 2: And and I was like, the weeds. Yeah, the weed really just kind of takes you. I don't know. I've smoked weed every day for since great school. I mean I that was the hard of even like quitting like the molly, the coke that that, but like weed that that's hard because it just.
Speaker 1: Kind of like, wait, grade school, when did you start smoking weed?
Speaker 2: This is like so gangster? Uh the seventh grade?
Speaker 1: Oh wow?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Okay, Yeah. I started very young, like in Florida, and then like then boozing really hard and all that stuff and really got into where it was in Florida. It was just like drugs were just very Yeah. It's kind of all of Florida. It's very yeah. Where are you from again, Wisconsin? Okay, we we kind of have that like same.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but ours is more like alcohol and like there's some people who do drugs obviously, but like we're a lot more like drinking. So like I started drinking heavily when I was fifty.
Speaker 2: I forgot I had a zinner and like that probably makes me look like I have a big mouth. You are like every man's wet dream. I'm sing with an energy drinking r. Sorry.
Speaker 1: I was depressious low self, literally, and I was like.
Speaker 2: Oh my gosh, Jesus Christ. Yeah, the zins are helping me a little bit of nicotine. Nicotine and caffeine are like all doing right now.
Speaker 1: So I this di coke is the first caffeine I've had in like months. I've been off, Like today, I was dying. I was so tired, and I've been ripping SIGs, which I have to stop doing because it's making me age like the devil.
Speaker 2: Like that's the one thing, Like as much as I want to just rip them all day to night, it's it's the anti, it's the battle age. He's so quick. Girl.
Speaker 1: It was like I got stressed and I started smoking SIGs again, and I literally had just gone to my doctor to get like botox and yeah, you like spend a million dollars and it was like literally perfect. And then I looked at it two days later and there was all these wrinkles and I was like.
Speaker 2: I really, but it will definitely like it ages you like that so quick, even the booze and and even coke or this, like you're just like bloated and gross. You look great.
Speaker 1: You have like a sober glow, which is and honestly, if there's no other reason for people to quit drinking and using, it's to look better. Like you just look better. Like when you're drinking, like especially alcohol, it's like this is actually poison that we're just putting in our bodies. And then when you take it away, everyone's like people will be like, what's your beauty secret? And I'm like, I don't poison myself every I know someone the.
Speaker 2: Other days saw me and they're like, oh my gosh, you look like so healthy, which is kind of rude, but but also I'm like, no, like I want to look healthy. I battled eating disorders for the last seven years of my life and and now I'm like, okay, I I'd rather have a little more weight to me and like, look like I'm not dying. Is this a little more weight? Yes? And I'm and I'm and I'm like getting comfortable with it, and I'm like okay, So like I'm you know whatever, and I have.
Speaker 1: So do you haven't found that when you took the other the drugs in the alcohol away, that that disorder.
Speaker 2: Got it got No, it got quieter.
Speaker 1: Oh great, because yeah, sometimes like co addicted behaviors like that can like want the pendulum swings right.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean I'm definitely like overdoing it with work to kind of like I'm definitely kind of changed it to that. But but that's okay. But that's what that makes you mind. If you're addicted to make I mean, no, I'm working harder than I've ever worked and getting paid less than I've ever made. I've never made less money, I understand. I am right now, but I know it's all gonna Are.
Speaker 1: You working on anything you're excited about right now?
Speaker 2: I have a couple of films I'm waiting to come.
Speaker 1: Out you were amazing and bus boys. I know you had such a small.
Speaker 2: Little, tiny but I like, but you were wait so hard for that a great David offered me like a just a smaller role, and I was like, no, like I want to read for this. Yeah, like I really liked this part and I really pushed for that and I really worked my ass off for yeah.
Speaker 1: No, but you were great because you never know, like when there's a movie with a lot of cameos, do you know what I mean, Like a lot of people know, and you're like not sure how they're gonna do, and then you just like just stole the scene and that I was like, oh, you're just like so detached and dissociated.
Speaker 2: Ye I was going out for comedian, Like we're just like uh.
Speaker 1: Huh, yeah, yeah, you're perfect.
Speaker 2: But it's so hard to book anything in this town. So what I Normally I'd be like, oh that's so small, I don't even care. But now I'm learning to just celebrate the small things. I'm like, Okay, I got that, that was great, that was fun, and like celebrate it instead of like pick everything apart and like it could have been this, it could have been that.
Speaker 1: Have you ever read the book, The Surrender Experiment.
Speaker 2: No, do I need to. Yes, I'm not a great reader. I'm an audio booker.
Speaker 1: Okay, well you can listen to the audiobook.
Speaker 2: You don't have to read it.
Speaker 1: It's by the guy who wrote The Untethered Soul. Okay, do you know that one? Okay, so no, that's okay, I do that all the time. I'm like, yes, totally great author.
Speaker 2: I love I love mister Tethered.
Speaker 1: He's brilliant, brilliant. Okay, So two books you have to read, and for different reasons. But The Surrender Experiment is about this guy who just for one year says yes to everything.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he doesn't like use his ego.
Speaker 1: He he isn't like he's just like guided by what he wants to do and what the universe offers him totally, and he has no ego of like this is too small, this is too dumb, I don't want to put my energy here. He like takes himself out of it and just says yes to everything, which is like, to me daunting because in this business it's like, oh my god, I.
Speaker 2: Would have to say yes to like every shitty little job my agent sends me. But it's kind.
Speaker 1: But the point is if you believe in God and creator in the universe and all that, of course that like that that little role you got could have introduced you to somebody who then is going to have something bigger for you totally or like you do this thing with these people and then they collab with you on something, and it's just like this guy's life unfolds in a way where like he literally said yes for a year and he became a like multi multimillionaire.
Speaker 2: It's it, And that's kind of where I'm at. Even like last night, I got invited to go to this like gathering for people with my industry and normally be like I'm too tired or you know, and I'm just trying to say yes to everything and even stand up weirdly has just kind of naturally happen and like I'll be like, oh, but I want to be, you know, on set or doing this, and I'm like, this is what's here, this is what is happening, and like let me really go full force and like just say yes to everything and any I'm doing shows and alleyways, I'm saying yes to everything, and it's humbling and it's like you learn so much about yourself and you're kind of like you put the ego aside. I used to be like, oh no, I can't do it. Yeah yeah, Now I'm like I say yes to fucking a pickle jar opening. Yeah, Like it's literally I don't give a fuck.
Speaker 1: And how did you work to recalibrate your ego in that way? Because you came from like this huge, as I understand it, like internet modeling, like big kind of modeling career, right, and then into stand up where you kind of do have to just get your.
Speaker 2: Teeth kicked in. Oh totally.
Speaker 1: So how did you go from like, you know, saying no to stuff because you're above it as a model or whatever you had established yourself as before to then kind of like recalibrating your ego to start stand up.
Speaker 2: I kind of was just like, if I'm gonna do this, I don't want to do it based off of this past career that I had. I kind of came into this as like a completely fresh person, Like I spend my days at open mics. I just like want to work for it the way everyone else has. And even if I get booked on bigger shows sometimes just because they think of my audience is going to pull a crowd or something like that. Sometimes I'll say no to stuff if I don't feel ready. I'm like, no, I want to work a little harder and then you know, but I think I've just full. Even the breakup I went through really humbled me, and I was just like, oh, like I have to kind of start over, and I think this is the first time in my life, like everything kind of naturally, like I've first time, Like I'm working towards something that's more meaningful to me. Everything like modeling meant nothing to me. I didn't like, Yeah, you I worked very hard and I you know, was very disciplined in that world. But what's coming for me in my future is so much more meaningful than like an ad or a brand deal or a commercial or you know.
Speaker 1: Totally and yeah, the great thing about comedy too, is like it doesn't matter when you make it, Like you don't need to be like young and hot actually doesn't help.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I know, it was funny. I sent my mom a picture from my show last night, and I looked horrible the right you know stage. She just looked horrific, and she goes, she said something to me, she goes and I go, this was last night, I look horrible. She goes, did that affect any bit of your show? Yeah? And I go, oh, no, it didn't.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: And it's the first time I've been able to just like not care about what I look like. And I'm so obsessed and I think that's what getting away from like my eating disorder and my body dysmorphia. It's like people want to hear more about what you're saying on stage than like if you have a fuba like right right right, you know. So it's like it's very it's it's weirdly been. It's it's just kind of saved my life in a weird way with the last year, with my change, and my life is waiting even right now, I'm on hold for a huge project in like this waiting game, and I back when I didn't have stand up, I'd just be in my head waiting, waiting, And now I can like I can control it. I can go and like take that energy on stage and not wait for an agent to call me and tell me I didn't get something, you know.
Speaker 1: Right right right, Well, we're gonna put it into thet You're getting it.
Speaker 2: Thank you. I hate this is I don't know. I'm like, stop, I don't know, your fingers up, your eyes literally doing the pink one in the stink that's the shack. But yeah, I couldn't be more grateful. I mean that it's hard on, Like weekends really get me. I need to get back to meetings. I've kind of used shows as meetings and I need to still go to meetings. And working the steps is something I'm just like lagging on and I.
Speaker 1: Think everyone kind of does. It's just a lot of work that nobody wants to do. It's so much easier to not grow in that way. It's so much easier to never look at yourself and what you did wrong in every single situation that caused you grief. It's so much easier to point fingers at people and say everyone else is the problem. And it is so much easier. And that's why I'm like, I'm continually plagued by the fact that work never ends totally. And when you do it once totally to you know what I mean, Like, I've done the work now, I've done the steps three times, i have to do them again.
Speaker 2: I've had a bad year.
Speaker 1: I've been like a.
Speaker 2: Months so you have to maybe we can do them together.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, I would love to ye, I could. I could actually take you through them. I just I just stop someoking weak quick.
Speaker 2: I'm going to be on you about that. I can't my sponsor, my sponsor, my sponsor can't be threatened joint sponts. That's funny.
Speaker 1: Yeah, no, But it's like the work really never ends. And like whenever I take a break and I kind of get into the mode I'm in now where I'm.
Speaker 2: Like, oh, just smuck a little weed.
Speaker 1: And all the problems will go away, and there problems in the in the background, just like stacking up. They're like, you're just gonna have more to take care of whenever you get around to us.
Speaker 2: It's true and even I think, even like when I go on podcasts where I talk about my sobriety, I get nervous talking about it because I'm like, what if I don't what if I can't do it?
Speaker 1: I get it, and I've been there, and so many comedians that I know that are sober feel the same way. It's almost like you build yourself into like this box where then people expect you to be so.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and I don't want to like post you know, I'm sober and then like have like a wicked.
Speaker 1: Relas yeah, well, I mean I know, and it's I've seen it. Like I've seen friends who you know, outwardly are like I'm sober and like it's their whole personality and their whole like follow them for that reason, and then they're like secretly in like a two year long relapse and it's like just this miserable, fucking little prison where like four people know about it and like the world doesn't, and it's just, yeah, it's a dark place to be in. And honestly, like something happened to me where like someone outed me on my like not full sobriety, and as much as that sucked because it was not that person's place to do it, yeah, I was so grateful because I actually was like, Okay, let's talk about it, like let's talk about.
Speaker 2: Totally and that and that's the relationship I want to have if I do kind of share it more online. And a lot of my material right now is about being sober navigating sobriety. But I'm like I want to have a relationship with like my sobriety and my audience to where like, oh, I'll let you guys know if you'll be the first to hear. I'm excited for Like, I will plan the party, but I don't want to I miss sober and then like you know.
Speaker 1: Be like secretly yeah, because that's the saying. It's like when things, when the addiction becomes shrouded in secret, secrecy, it becomes so much more dangerous.
Speaker 2: Right, so extremely and you just don't feel honest.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and that's the worst feeling, the worst. Yeah, I'm really proud of you.
Speaker 2: Thank you. I feel like we you hitting me up that day. I was like, ah, like it just felt like perfect timing. And I'm really excited to be part of each other's life. I know we're coming into each other, but the perfect time.
Speaker 1: Listen, it's for fucking man whole summer, man, whole summer summer. We're gonna be sober, murdering people summer I'm here for. We're gonna be in full Our bodies aren't gonna be out. It's not hot girl, it's not hot girl summer.
Speaker 2: It's like thick girl summer and girl summer exactly.
Speaker 1: How how's dating going for you right now? Mm hmmm, what are you doing?
Speaker 2: Guilty eyes, guilty in all cause I just like, I don't know. It's really hard because it's hard being around like the funniest guy. I'm like, yes, you're around the funniest guys all the time.
Speaker 1: Nothing drives me up more than the comedians. They're all too mentally ill.
Speaker 2: They're psychotic.
Speaker 1: They're psychotic.
Speaker 2: You love them, You love them, I know you do, Little rash Rat, You're just in there. I love being around them, you know, and I love having fun. But I am like eventually need to kind of like figure out what the fuck I'm doing. But I also I don't know if I want kids. Okay, So I'm also like, have you frozen your eggs yet? Fuck? No? Do that?
Speaker 1: Fuck?
Speaker 2: And you think I want to deal with that?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 2: I didn't either, but do it?
Speaker 1: But yeah I did. And here's the thing. It just takes your foot off the gas like there's no pressure.
Speaker 2: Then yeah, but like I want to like fuck freezing them. I just want to burn them like I.
Speaker 1: Don't And that's okay, that's will throw them in the ship.
Speaker 2: I'm supposed to have kids. I feel it, it would naturally just happen. Yeah, I mean I I have.
Speaker 1: Right, Well, if you have a kid with an open micro I'm gonna.
Speaker 2: Throw you.
Speaker 1: Mean accidentally exactly naturally, Yeah, naturally on an accident with somebody who Yeah.
Speaker 2: No, no, I'm not. I'm just I'm there's so many I have so much love for so many different I sound like a whore. I have so much love for so many men. No, I don't, I don't know I crushes. Yeah, I just I feel I feel very confused right now. And I'm just like that right where they want you, I just don't want. My main goal is to just get my career where I feel stable.
Speaker 1: And where would that be for you? Like, what does that look like?
Speaker 2: Just to study and come working constantly staying busy?
Speaker 1: But is it TV movies, stand up? All of it?
Speaker 2: It's TV film and stand up, okay, And I would just be forever grateful just to have like a series that I can like focus on or something like that where I'm just you know, I've been lucky with some projects recently, and I feel really grateful for that, but I'm like there's so few and far between, and if it could just be a little more steadier, then I feel like I'd be a little more stable as a person. I just feel I can't give myself to anyone right now because I'm not mentally like in a relationship space. Right I'm sure.
Speaker 1: If a guy saw the met a guy who had the money to stable that area of your life out, and then I know you could just do that for like fun.
Speaker 2: Somehow I can't seem to relinquish control.
Speaker 1: I can't get and you should never, guy, You should never. You can't get down with the rich guy. Well, we're gonna have to change that. But what you should never do is give the man the power to feed you because then he can.
Speaker 2: Take Yeah, that whole thing. I'm like, I want to make my own money and then pick who.
Speaker 1: Sure, but be open, and that's the thing, open to money coming into I think I'm very.
Speaker 2: Open with it. I think I'm like I have to do this the hard way. You're like rigid. When's your birthday? August? Leo oh leah? Yeah?
Speaker 1: Or what are you imataurus?
Speaker 2: What's that? It's just like what month is April? Okay? Oh? My friend is what date? Twenty okay? Yeah? My friends at twenty Yeah.
Speaker 1: We're like very loyal, very stubborn, you guys, very like pragmatic we're fun Leo's are fiery, so they're very like yeah, the psycho.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but not like everything I'm said. I'm like, if any guy watched this, they'll be like, wait, what.
Speaker 1: No guys are watching?
Speaker 2: Yeah, don't. There's there's no boys allowed here, lock any like male male person little boys allowed to hear.
Speaker 1: Okay. I had some questions for you, Oh this one. I think feel like you kind of answered it. What's more dangerous to you right now? If a guys funny or hot? It's funny, isn't it.
Speaker 2: Are you still a sucker for hot guys? Yeah?
Speaker 1: I love a hot Oh you love a hot guy?
Speaker 2: I love?
Speaker 1: But then what's your definition of hot? Because I just showed you guys that are hot and you said not for.
Speaker 2: Me, they're like they're they're clean, They're like they're like chiseled hot, like kind of like James Deany kind of just like the classic exactly. I like, guy like rugged hot. I'm a sucker for a hotty. I love a good hatty.
Speaker 1: And you don't care if they have no brains?
Speaker 2: Yeah, because they don't. Yeah, they don't.
Speaker 1: You're like, I can fill in the blanks.
Speaker 2: I can fill in the blanks, I can, I can hook up with a haughty and then just yeah, and the conversation You're like, what are we even talking about? Well, there is no conversation. There is no conversation.
Speaker 1: But have you found in sobriety that you're hornier or less horny?
Speaker 2: Oh my god, it's all I do, Brittany. All I'm doing is watching porn. I literally am talking. My bit right now is like, I'm just a porn freak.
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay, what's your category?
Speaker 2: Just any guy who like any Like I'm picky with my porn. So yeah.
Speaker 1: So I don't usually watch porn, but if I do, I really it takes me like it's too much time, and then I get into it and by the time I get into it, I'm like, I'm actually over right, I.
Speaker 2: Find the right thing. I'm just like, already came. If I've gone through every fucking catty, No, but master reading is all I can do. So I got sober and good? Do you have the womanizer? No? What's that girl? See, I'm not a dildo gal.
Speaker 1: No, it's a clil vibrator thing. It's not it's a clitoral stimulator. It's German engineering. It's like the Porsche of fucking vibrators. It literally sucks your clit and it.
Speaker 2: Is see I can't too good of a toy. I have to have like a medium.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna send you. I'm gonna send you one. I literally womanizer sex or it's unreal, like it really replaces Ben.
Speaker 2: Yeah, completely, that's my thing. I'm like I can't get to So it's like one of these bad boys where it's like literally, ah, yes, I've tried that in it.
Speaker 1: But you don't have the womanizer. It's the best one.
Speaker 2: I probably need that one. There's mine's like an Amazon.
Speaker 1: No, no knock off. We can't yours is like not even waterproof. It's like sparking and.
Speaker 2: How she die? Oh unfortunately a knockoff woman?
Speaker 1: Yeah, unfortunately no.
Speaker 2: But even like my like I've been on I was I was put on Lexapro in the fourth grade and always have been on any depressants and I've I've really I'm on like a half of a half of a half of a lexapro and now I like can feel sex. Oh yeah you can. I've just been talking about like you know, my whole sex life has just been blacked out, like roof feed sex and now I'm.
Speaker 1: And now you can feel like like, oh this is whatever rating.
Speaker 2: About sex is.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and so I just got put on lexopro like a year and a half.
Speaker 2: Okay, and how what's your dosage? I started at five and then I went up to ten. Okay, okay, yeah.
Speaker 1: And it's like game changer.
Speaker 2: But are you have it? Has it affected your sex life at all?
Speaker 1: No? No, I'm like I was in my relationship. I was so fucking horny all the time. He was like turning me down sometimes. Yeah, and I still love to masturbate, but like I did stop feeling my clit as much, you know what I mean. I'm like I kind of need to like shot for sex toys at home depot, like I need to check out.
Speaker 2: Like you can't need the thera gun just like.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I used to do that. My ex husband had a thera gun that I know.
Speaker 2: I saw porn recently and the girl was using a I was.
Speaker 1: I would like pretend I was doing my legs and then I would just like and then I would like not try and not make noise, and I'd just be like shaking until my eyes started watering, and then I'd finally comment and like, really, yeah, like I'm at where we're at. Yeah, I was like, we're getting divorced.
Speaker 2: It's funny, but you you really And I think it's also just growing up and not being like in my twenties anymore. But you definitely come into like what you're into and what you like, and you're more like, Okay, normally my sex life was just them coming and yeah it's like no.
Speaker 1: Yea, and nothing needs to happen for me. Yeah, yeah, yeah that was.
Speaker 2: My whole life. And I'm like, oh, I can join this too. I can be a part of this.
Speaker 1: I can also get pleasure out of the Yeah, so are you into Have you found like any kinks that you're into?
Speaker 2: Not really, I just like, I like, I like using a vibrator while I'm having sex. That's not really, that's not it.
Speaker 1: That's not taking care of I don't have like.
Speaker 2: A weird kink. I like to just like, now it's my weird kink. Is just like being into the person I'm having sex with you so much sex with people I don't like, just because that was what I thought it was. Yeah, now it's like just being stoked on the person who's even in my bed. Yeah, you know, yeah, that's right. So that's my new kink is just like uh, intimacy, Like I suffer with intimacy issues and all that, and like even just looking in a guy's eyes for a while, like I couldn't do that.
Speaker 1: Okay. Is that tied back to some sort of trauma or is that.
Speaker 2: I definitely have like a lot of sexual trauma throughout my life, and you know, it's funny enough like I've been able to kind of like work through it through writing and stand up and like it's something in that I've always never thought about. And then I'm like, oh no, that has really affected me. Yeah, you don't think things affect you and like you know, I've heard kind of about your past life and you can kind of like brush and then you're like, oh no, I actually.
Speaker 1: Yeah no, that's like it's a huge issue any any sexual trauma, especially I think if we try and brush it under the rug.
Speaker 2: I don't know what your experience was.
Speaker 1: Mine was like I was of age, but it was still you know, it was not great. Yeah, But like I think, especially when things happen to people when their kids are when they're young.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and then like.
Speaker 1: You carry that into adulthood and you try and like navigate I think navigating intimacy.
Speaker 2: When you like were violated in that way. And I'm not saying that you.
Speaker 1: Were, but I'm just saying no, totally matters when it happened and how you can kind of like pivot and move forward from it. But it's just it is one of those things where like until you figure out why you were acting the way you were, because for me, it was like I just was like fucking everyone all the time, you know, And then I was like but yeah, I was like what is that? What is this?
Speaker 2: Like why am I wanting? Like why am I letting everyone and their dad come inside? You know? Like, No, it's true, and it's something I worked because I think a lot of my addiction was just not being able to handle those past traumas and dealing with the only time I used heavily was when I was having sex, like sex to me, like I had to just be out.
Speaker 1: Yeah, like almost like you power, like yeah, you were like protecting yourself anything.
Speaker 2: It was so weird. So now I'm like, Okay, like this happened, but like fuck that, Like who cares? That's not who I am. That's not my identity. I'm not just going to bang someone because I feel they're more powerful than me and they have that control, right, you know. It's still something I'm working on. I still think I definitely struggle with that, but like I still bang guys that.
Speaker 1: Are more powerful, but I have autonomy and I'll exactly and I do it with this zin in my mind.
Speaker 2: And I had a vibrator on my clips exactly exactly. No, I would like to get into some fun kink, but I think, just.
Speaker 1: Like, well, let me share mine.
Speaker 2: Yeah what yeah? Give Amisionism is my fave. Okay, what is that?
Speaker 1: That's like fucking on a balcony or like somewhere semi public. I like that?
Speaker 2: Yeah, oh I love Yeah, Okay, I'm into that. Yeah, okay, I like that Like in a car.
Speaker 1: I love very like a public bathroom. I'm into where like people kind of know but they don't.
Speaker 2: I love.
Speaker 1: My favorite is an airport family restroom. The best.
Speaker 2: I've done it in.
Speaker 1: There a few times, and it's always the best because every time I come out, there's like an actual family and then there's just me and this guy, and I was like, we're making a family.
Speaker 2: That's good. Yeah, Oh that's cool. Yeah, I'm into like public stuff like that because you feel like, what if someone came in? What if someone call? What if someone caught me? And I'm like trying to get on the edge. Yeah yeah, I know it's fun. That's fun.
Speaker 1: What else my exit into BDSM. So I kind of got into some of that, like oh I love this, Yeah, like I love this. I love the bar. There's a bar. There's also the handcuffs or like the handcuffs can either be together or we had ties on each side of our bed, perfect and I was I would hang there like Jesus and I was like a brother.
Speaker 2: I'm a brother in Christ. I love that stuff. I'm all eyes no, yeah, time me up. Huh, tie me up? Yeah, time me up.
Speaker 1: Put a fucking ball gag in my mouth.
Speaker 2: I like little slot. I'm into that. Yeah, I like that. I see you doing that.
Speaker 1: You see that you and I see you doing that, And it's because because I do it in pubblic that's what you see.
Speaker 2: You're just like out, Yeah.
Speaker 1: Describers, when the only.
Speaker 2: Fans you doing that? Yeah? I wait, were we on only fans? I was there for a minute.
Speaker 1: I'm still on it technically because I'm under contract because they did a comedy special with them.
Speaker 2: Okay, I'm I said, like, if these next few gigs don't go as plan, I'm really thinking about it, Well.
Speaker 1: You would not have money troubles anymore. I'll tell you about the thing.
Speaker 2: Like my friend hit me up. I was like, hey, I was kind of on my mind. She's like, you'd have a house. Yeah, like stop living the way you're living. But I get it.
Speaker 1: I get it, you know, I had. I had a friend talk me into it, and if I could do it again.
Speaker 2: I wouldn't. But then I get feedback like that, Yeah, where people like I can't believe, but you having sex on it? No, what were you doing girl?
Speaker 1: Nothing I was not. I didn't show nipples. I didn't show pussy. I didn't know.
Speaker 2: I did nothing.
Speaker 1: I didn't like like little like sexy. Yeah, like like stuff I would show my dad.
Speaker 2: He would be like thrilled to see it, Yeah, he would be, but totally you could see it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, But like that's why people got like very You get like a lot of talk about subjecting yourself to the wrong type of mail attention. You get a lot of people who because they pay nineteen dollars a month. Think they they earned a right to see your pussy. Yeah, And I just didn't like the way it made me feel. And I wasn't even doing anything crazy, you know, says a lot like there's nothing that.
Speaker 2: Listen.
Speaker 1: I don't really have regrets in life, Like I that's the only one. No, no, no, no, no, I'm saying, like, I.
Speaker 2: Don't regret it.
Speaker 1: I still have it. I have like a good relationship with only fans of the business because like we've done comedy shit together and they're like, you know, they're a well run business and I respect their hustle. Two things can be true at once, right, if you got into it, you would have a house.
Speaker 2: Yeah, how am I feeling in that? You sell a little piece of yourself? And I think just in the acting space, I just But then it's like does that really matter? Are people not casting you because you're not You're not only like, no, I don't think it's how you do it, Like You're not going to go on there and be like I would not have sex. The only thing I maybe do is like you could see my nipple through my shh. Yeah, okay, I've posted that on Instagram.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so yeah, like you can make a ton of money, but it's like, are you willing to get rid of that part of yourself?
Speaker 2: Because it's mean? But then what if you feel that part's already been gone, then do it. That's kind of where I am, Like I googled Charlotte McKinney naked, and there's Google stuff, so I'm like, it's already there.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, then do it. That part's already gone.
Speaker 2: I think I'm going to give myself this year, see what happened with a few things.
Speaker 1: I love, a little timeline, a.
Speaker 2: Little timeline, and then like if I really want to revisit it, and I'm I just I don't like struggling so much.
Speaker 1: I understand, I understand, and I why am I struggling?
Speaker 2: So I'm not going to tell you not to do it.
Speaker 1: I'm just going to tell you to think long and hard before you Yeah.
Speaker 2: And I think that's the plan. Yeah yeah.
Speaker 1: And if you give yourself that kind of leeway, then like it gives the universe a little time.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, put you in a position where you have to show your tits totally exactly. Yeah, So maybe something BIG's gonna happen. Yes, And we don't need that. Yeah, we don't need it. We don't need that yet. Yeah, hopefully I'm calling you and I'm like, I don't need poked the rell.
Speaker 1: You're like, but here's a picture of anyways, But I'm still.
Speaker 2: Going to show you.
Speaker 1: Took a bunch of these pictures, So here you go. Oh, what's the most unhinged DM you've ever gotten?
Speaker 2: I think it was when my ex was having that affair, but I found out threw a d M from her. It's very unhinged and crazy. So yeah, maybe like girls telling me stuff, but I don't. I mean besides like random dick pics and weird freaks like nothing, like very unhinged, some stalker stuff. But as I've you know, gotten older, I'm like, I love a stalker, you know, flatter. I'm flattered. Thank you for coming, but nothing, thank you for keeping me in the race. Yeah, thank you, know, thanks for thinking I feel valued by having a stocker. But nothing, nothing too crazy? What about you? I mean, yeah, there's lots of dicks. There's lots like.
Speaker 1: You want to see my micro penis? You want to see my micrope? Yeah, that kind of shit. But the craziest one I ever had was I opened. I featured for Bobby Lee in San Jose, amazing, and this guy sent me the scariest DM I've ever gotten in my life. He's like, I saw you at the Bobby Lee show. I want you fucking dead. I know this is your address. He sent me my address and he's like, lock your doors, I'm coming.
Speaker 2: And I like showed my ex husband and he was like, do you think.
Speaker 1: He's actually gonna come from San Jose because that's like kind of a commitment. Yeah, And I was like, they are committed, they are committed, but he never showed up.
Speaker 2: I just like blocked it. Showed the police. No.
Speaker 1: I probably should have, but I just was like I just blocked him. But it was like that was like one where I was like, oh my god, I had to like go and make sure everything was private and you couldn't find my address. Like I didn't realize all that stuff was so easy, like if you have three dollars, you can buy anyone's address unless they're unlisted, And so I had to like go do the whole like white page unlist me thing and like such a hat And I was just like, was my set that bad?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Did I really do my jokes were jokes, but you know, those.
Speaker 1: Like really angry in cell guys, they're the scariest, Like the ones that are violent because they're so sexually suppressed are the most terrifying people on the internet.
Speaker 2: So scary, so scary. I also wanted to ask you, how how long have you been doing stand up?
Speaker 1: So I technically started in twenty thirteen, and then I did it as like a hobby for two years. But I was in advertising, Like I had a career in advertising for nearly a decade, and I was like going up, up up in that, and I was like making more and more money. So I kind of was like, this is like this fun thing I do on the side, but I don't need to do it. And then when I met my ex husband, he was just getting out of like a really gnarly divorce and he didn't he had some insecurities because his ex wife cheated and he just like didn't really want me being out and I just kind of was like, I'll just like quit, it's fine, it's not a big deal. So I quit for two years and then I ended up getting sober. And then once I got sober and like more clear headed, I was like, no, I need to do this. Yeah. So I came back in twenty eighteen, and then I worked twenty eighteen, still part time to twenty twenty, and then the pandemic hit and then I put my first special out in twenty twenty two. So it's like been like this weird Like I could probably say like ten years okay, all together, but it's like it's been very like chunked out.
Speaker 2: And my question to you was like, when did you feel you started getting good and really comfortable and finding your voice? Like that's where I'm in, this such a thick place of like I'm at the worst place. I'm not horrible, but I'm not at a place I know I'm not great, And I'm like, when is it gonna.
Speaker 1: Okay, wait, let me tell you. You need to take the writing class I took Jerry Katzman.
Speaker 2: Did it you did? Yes? I did. I did. It was funny. I was getting sober while I was doing that. Okay, so I was a little disconnected. Yeah, he's great, he's great. He's great. I learned so much about writing. I had a good showcase. I felt good about it. I would possibly do it again.
Speaker 1: Do it with me.
Speaker 2: I start at the end of June. I would love to do an alumni class with me and we can write logether would love Let's do that. Let's do that done? Yeah, what is it? Once a week?
Speaker 1: It's once a week. It starts doing twenty fourth.
Speaker 2: And it's more like I felt it, not that I'm above anyone, but I felt like some of them were such beginners, yes, that it was kind of hard to like, this sounds more. Yeah, it's more if you would be so yeah, let me do it?
Speaker 1: Oh my god, Cause I mean I had like such a great experience with the first class because I didn't come into it like you where I had been doing stand up. I'd never done it before, so I came in so green and so like I'm still very green, you know.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but I think I'm just saying I was so open to everything he said in all of his feedback because I was so like able to be molded. I didn't have any like stage presents. I didn't have any idea what I was doing. Yeah, but I still write with him, like at least once a year, and.
Speaker 2: So would this be how many people would be in this.
Speaker 1: Ten It's the same as the beginning class, but it's like it's just different.
Speaker 2: You just show it.
Speaker 1: Like week one is like you introduce everyone gets introduced, and then it's like you literally write for eight to ten weeks straight and then you do the showcase. And it still is how I.
Speaker 2: Get every hour that I write. Fuck, let's do it. Let's do it. The thing is I have a hard time sitting through all the other people. I do too, But we can, like, could we do it? Yeah, we could like chat on that side. We can chat while they're gone, Okay, please, let's do it. I'll check if that's full. Yeah, I'll literally text him today. Yeah, text, I would love that. Yeah, And you'll find it. You just have to keep that's the thing. It's like you have to keep writing and then like eventually, when you you're in, like in long enough, you'll learn to trust your voice, because like I found myself, and when I trust myself, that's when I do good. Yeah, it's when I don't.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you have to like trust yourself because I've also had it where like I have written with Jared and like friends from there for so long that sometimes they'll all collectively be like that's not a joke, that's not funny, and I know it's a joke, and I know something is funny there.
Speaker 2: I can't always trust those people.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and I just didn't like no for some reason. And he'll be like, I know you've been trying to make this work. I know you've been trying to make this work, and like there's this joke. Which one is it? Oh, I don't know if you know the one about my mom like having big fake tits in a eating disorder and like she finally hit her goal weight when she was cremated.
Speaker 2: I love that you posted that from your recent recent don't tell or what was it? Yeah, don't I loved that. Thank you, like amazing, thank you.
Speaker 1: But that joke, so for so long I was I was writing it and writing it, writing it, and I was like, you know, my mom when I was young, she was obsessed with being the hottest mom. She had big fake tits in an eating disorder, and she'd send my sister and I with a slim fash shake and a brown paper bag to school and that was our whole lunch. And then you know, I was like, people always say it could have been worse, and I was like, yeah, it could have been, but I would have taken a right hook any day for a lunchible and that was my joke. And over and over I was told, it's not funny, it's not funnier than it is sad, it's not this, it's not that, and I just like kept fucking going until I got the tag of good news is she did finally reach her goal weight. When she was cremated. She wanted to be a hot mom. You guys, she is the hottest, Like, but it took me like four years of just like knowing there was something funny there.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and like because you had that deep rooted feeling of like this is so to me and personal to you. It just and I think sometimes too, I want the joke.
Speaker 1: Then yes, And when you say four years, so it's like, yeah, when you feel a hook on something, just trust that hook and like you just have to keep going. I had another one, the NBA draft one that I also just put out in this this don't tell Special. Was it sleeping with them like with the nbas whatever. I have a joke about the NBA Draft and like it's about dirty talk. The joke is about dirty talk. I don't like dirty talk, guys. Whatever, And that's a joke I did in the second Jerry's class. So in twenty thirteen, I did a second Jerry's class and I did that joke at the very end, and he's like, something's missing from this joke, and I was like, but it's a funny joke. There's something here. And then literally so twenty thirteen to what are we in now? Twenty twenty six, Yes, thirteen years later, I finally figured that joke out. Like it could take a fucking long time to figure out one joke. But now that you're sober and you're gonna be like tuned into the universe and you're not gonna have like all these pollutants in the way of you and your creator. Yeah, jokes are gonna start falling into your head. They are, and you're just gonna be like, well, that's one of the funniest things I've ever written. Yeah, Like a joke that like fell into my head where I was like, this is a literal gift from God. Was I have this joke about RoadHead and I was like talking about my ex husband and how he like tries tried to keep me freaky, and he was like asking for road Head, and I was like I'm not gonna give you road head. It's like it's broadaylight. We're in standstill traffic, and he's like, oh, you're no fun anymore, and I'm like I'm driving Like that. That one just like fell into my head and I was like that was a gift from God, Like that was a good one.
Speaker 2: But then you get things like that that take two seconds.
Speaker 1: Yes, so it's gonna be it's.
Speaker 2: Gonna be a mix. I think for me, it's what I'm working on is patients, and this is the most patient I've ever had to be in my life. Like I still don't really invite people to my shows. Like I'm still very like, yeah, I all have like close friends, but I like I'm not showcasing enough of like I don't really post clips. I'm very weird about it. And I think having another writing class under my belt would give me more confidence, especially doing it with you, and like I love that, I love how dry and just like don't give a fuck your presences on stage. I truly admire you as a as a stand up I really do. You're You're phenomenal. No, you really are. I remember the first time I saw you. I'm like, who the fuck is that I love noide friend, don't worry. Yeah, while I have loved talking. This was so much fun. I know we could be here all day. We literally we have done. I'm obsessed. Tell everyone where they can follow you if they don't already my new only fans. Yeah, just my INSTAGRAMID. Great, Yeah, amazing, we'll put it in the bio. I loved having you. Thank you so fun. There will be more of us, you guys, there will be more you guys, watch out.
Speaker 1: There's more of us coming. That's a fucking threat.
Speaker 2: That's a threat. That's a threat. I'm gonna get her to New York and we're gonna have a weird yeah talk is We're gonna go somewhere else exactly.
Speaker 1: All right, you guys, let's get into the artist's way.
Speaker 2: We are on week seven. What a week to be alive.
Speaker 1: We are recovering a sense of connection this week, and isn't that what we all need?
Speaker 2: So you know, here here the.
Speaker 1: Things we've been doing. Hopefully, we've been doing the Morning Pages, the artist state. The pages train us to hear past our censor. The artist states helped help us to pick up the voice of inspiration. While both of these activities are apparently unconnected to the actual act of making art. There critical to the creative process. And here's the thing, you guys. I think often when we're trying to be creative, we're trying to like think something up. We're trying to like force a thing to come to us. And we need to change gears a little bit, right, and we need to get something down. We need to be in the flow and allow the universe to just provide us with what we need to create, you know, just get in touch with the creator and what he wants he or she or they or whatever want us to create. It's so much easier to just accept and to be in the flow than to try and force anything. So just kind of switching into that gear from I need to pull something out of the sky too. I'm allowing this to come to me and to move through me. That's going to be a huge change for us, right, someone or something else is doing it for us. We don't even have to do the work. We just need to be online and be receptive to the fact that something that is life affirming will be coming our way. We're more the conduit than the creator of what we express, you know. Art is an act of tuning in and draw down into the well. We all have a well within us of creativity that we need to pull from. So go ahead and get in that well. Get a bucket and go to the well. Babe, pull out a fucking thought or two, pull out a thought from the universe. You know, these moments of clear inspiration require that we move into them on faith. We can practice these small leaps of faith daily in our pages and on our artist dates.
Speaker 2: Here's the thing.
Speaker 1: Sometimes we get like a little inspiration a couple of sentences come to us for a book we're writing, or an idea for a painting, and we think, oh, that's like every once in a while. But if we get in the flow and we stay in the flow, we will realize that that is the norm. You know, Michaelangelo said he is said to have released David from the marble block.
Speaker 2: He found a man. Right.
Speaker 1: So it's like you see something that can be something more, and you go and you follow that inspiration and just like follow that divine guidance, trust it, go for it. You might be the next Michelangelo. You know, That's what I'm saying. Once you accept that it is natural to create. You can begin to accept a second idea that the creator will hand you whatever you need for the project. The minute you're willing to accept the help of the collaborator, you will see useful bits of help everywhere in your life. Be alert there's a second voice, a higher harmonic adding to and augmenting your inner creative voice. The voice frequently shows itself in synchronicity. Okay, learn to accept the possibility that the universe is helping you with what you are doing. Become willing to see the hand of God and accept it as a friend's offer to help you with what you are doing. This chapter, this week, it's all about trust. It's about trusting the universe. It's about getting in touch with the universe and being open to all the ideas that are coming your way. And if they seem crazy, they're probably not. You know, this is a big one in this week. Perfectionism. Perfectionism is the arch nemesis of creativity.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 1: Perfectionism is not you actually trying to get something perfectly right. It's actually the thing keeping you from creating at all. Right. Perfectionism is the refusal to let yourself move ahead. It's a loop, it's an obsessive, debilitating, closed system that causes you to get stuck in the details of what you are instead of creating just freely. You know, the perfectionist writes, paints, creates with one eye on her audience. And this is a really important thing, Like you cannot create for the people that you're creating for. You have to create for yourself, and how people receive what you create is none of your business. You have to make the thing, put it out, keep going on repeat, and you you should never be thinking about what they're gonna like, is this gonna go viral? Is this D D D? The things that you overthink. And I've learned this a lot, and stand up where I'm like, this clip is gonna go viral. It's so funny, it's so smart, it's exactly what they want. It's never the one that goes viral. It's always the one that you think is just like a throwaway. You know. I've had people that have gotten like full blown famous on you know, TikTok, especially off of clips where they almost didn't post it because they thought they were kind of nothing. Sandwiches like Morgan Jay one of his clips that got him so viral to the point where he's you know, obviously he continued to go viral, but like the clip that got him, that shot him to the moon, was a clip that he almost didn't post. I think it's the same story with Matt Rife, where it's like, this clip is like kind of a throwaway clip.
Speaker 2: I don't so, you don't know.
Speaker 1: You have no idea what the universe wants. You have no idea what the audience wants. All your only job is to create and put it out and see what flows. And the synchronicity is going to be the thing that catches the creativity and takes it to where it needs to go. The perfectionist is never satisfied. The perfectionist never says this is pretty good. I think I'll just keep going. Perfectionism is not a quest for the best. It's a pursuit of the worst in ourselves. That part tells the part that tells us nothing we will ever do will be good enough, and that we should try again.
Speaker 2: No, we should not.
Speaker 1: The part of creativity we need to focus on here is letting go make the thing. Let go, let go of the results. Don't look at the numbers, don't see how many people are engaging with it.
Speaker 2: Don't look at the share account, don't look at the comments.
Speaker 1: Just let it fucking go. We've all heard that the unexamined life is not worth living, but consider too that the unlived life, if it's not worth examining. Okay, So if you're just in like kind of a cookie cutter life where you feel stuck and you're not doing anything different and there's nothing to write home about, just know that you're not in like flow, You're in structure, and that structure, to you is safety, but that safety is actually preventing you from your purpose and like what you're actually supposed to.
Speaker 2: Be doing here while you're on this earth. So if you're in a very structured life, shake it up, babe. Okay.
Speaker 1: There's also like the fears of like all look like an idiot. People think I'm not nobody's paying attention to you. Okay, at the end of the day, nobody fucking cares, and and people are so focused on themselves and like we're also self centered that like nobody is actually thinking about what the next person's doing. So who cares if you look like an idiot? Trying is cool? Give it a try, you know, we deny that in order to do something well, we must be first willing to do it badly, Like we have to be able to Like I think it was like I don't remember who said it was one of the rappers maybe Asaps, and like, since when is trying not cool? Since when is like giving it a shot not cool? Like, just give it a fucking shot and see what happens. And if nothing happens, that's okay, that's not the direction you're supposed to be going. You can redirect, you can, you know, kind of tune your channels, listen to the universe and like where where you're kind of supposed to be going. Jealousy this is an interesting one. It's it's a normal human emotion. But jealousy is a map, right, Jealousy If you see someone doing something and you're like, I could do it better, that's a map that like envy is a compass. It's showing you where you should be putting your energy and where you might really succeed. And I actually remember when I first met Shane Gillis and I was opening for him. I was talking to him about comedy and how he got into it, and he was saying he was sitting on his couch in his basement being such a fucking hater, like watching all these other comics do comedy, and he's like, I could be fucking better.
Speaker 2: I'm funnier than that.
Speaker 1: I can do it, but I And guess what, he was fucking right when he went out and he did it, and he fucking popped that pussy and he showed the world he's the best comedian. He's literally the best comedian in the world in my opinion. And it's just because he got himself out of the jealousy envy like hater low vibe shit and just went out and did it. So whatever you're jealous of, you know, jealousy is a map. There's an exercise in here. I want you guys to do it. It's basically completing the phrases as a kid. I missed the chance to do blank as a kid. I lack blank as a kid. I could have used like these are Oh wait, no, this is sorry, that's for archaeology. That's something else. Sorry, guys, I'm really running on fumes here. The jealousy as a map. Write down who you're jealous of and why, and then look at there's an action anecdote. Right, So instead of being jealous, I'm gonna go fix the room. I'm gonna try writing a crime novel. I'm gonna try publishing something I've done. Like, just look at the jealousy, look at look at who you're jealous of, why you're jealous of it, and then what you can do to kind of work through that jealousy and just see what's on the other side of that. Because it is, it is a compass, so use it, use it, use it as such. Tasks this week, check in with me DM ME. I know there's only like five of us doing it. There's really not a lot of us doing it. A lot of you guys are cutting off at this, and that's okay. It's summer.
Speaker 2: We're all busy.
Speaker 1: If you don't have the patience to be on this journey to recovery with me, I understand. I barely have the patience to be here myself. But if you're doing it, I'm proud of you and I love you so much. Okay, thanks besties. Bye. Oh wait, one more thing, please, if you guys haven't subbed to my YouTube, please sub to my YouTube. It's Brittany m Comedy. If you haven't gone and give me five stars on Spotify you can do that, that would be really nice, or Apple Podcasts. Can you tell a friend about the podcast too. We're still trying to grow this little baby thing and the best way to support me right now, the best way to support mother is the Patreon. The Patreon I'm giving you guys the extra tea. It's also how I'm paying my bills and listen until we get a little bit bigger and we can get some more ads. It's the best way to support the podcast to make sure that it keeps going. So if you could go sub the Patreon, that would mean so much to me.
Speaker 2: Besties, thank you so much.
Speaker 1: I'll see you next week and I love you a lot. Okay, goodbye,