Speaker 1: You were listening to the Age of Transitions. I'm your host, Aaron Fronz, coming at you live this Friday night, October fourth, twenty twenty four, live from the facilities of ochili dot com every Friday night ten pm to midnight. First hour, The Age of Transitions. Second hour Uncle of the broadcast. Thank you for being here live or listening as a podcast anyway, you're here, Happy that you are. Do you consider going to achili dot com and leaving a donation with the donate button. Chuck can use all the help he can get you keep the network going, so please do consider doing that. Also, my website is the Age of Transitions dot com. You can find the podcast there. You can support the show directly. I have T shirts for the shows. I have my book Revolve Bands, Scientific Rise to Godhood paperback or e book copies always available. Thank you for buying those. Have the Patreon campaign and have the affiliate links too. If you're thinking about starting a podcast, you can use promo code Frounds at libsyn to get two months of lips in for free. Makes podcasting very easy. Podcast hosting service, so promo code fronds there or if you ever buying books online. What you want to do is first go to my website ageatransitions dot com. You will see a link on my main page to bookshop dot org. Click that link. Once you click through the link, then anything that you end up buying there, any books or media or whatever, I'll get a small amount back, nothing extra for you. So do remember that bookshop dot org link on my website. Thank you for being here. Once again. This is the age of transitions that we're living in and bloake, it's more exciting with each passing day. It's not a surprise to any of us that have been paying attention for a while. Shouldn't be surprised by anything.
Speaker 2: Really.
Speaker 1: However, that's easy to say, isn't it. We're throwing curveballs all the time. If you're trying to predict exactly what's gonna happen next, good luck to you. I don't think I try to do that too much on this show. Make be a profit of any sort of doom of profits, a profit of yours. How you make money, so this is the next big thing, invest in this. I'm not that sort of profit, that's sure. Do not listen to my advice on that. But anyway, I mean, it's crazy. It's crazy town. We're all frustrated. Everybody seems upset with one another. That's the way it seems. So let's take some kind of chance to relax. We're able to do that. I know that there's all sorts of horrible things going on, and I'm not downplaying any of it, but do what you can to maintain sanity. It sounds like this is the end of the show, but it's the beginning. I'm going to read from this article here, which we'll get us really into the thickest things. I got sent this by friend of the show and to pass guests. Sam I let good old Sam. He sent me this awesome article that was posted to Yahoo Finance. It's from the ap. I'm just going to get into it here. So the title of the article is collapse of national security elites. Cyber firm Leaves Bitter Wake wrote this. The writer is Alan Suderman and it was posted Thursday, October third, twenty twenty four. New article here, So I'm just going to read from a bit in the beginning of this. This gets to be a long article that's very much worth the read. So do read this. When we get a chance. I'm going to read this to a point, and then I'm going to probably sum up what I remember of the rest of it and give some commentary here.
Speaker 2: So here we go.
Speaker 1: Here's the article, once again, title collapse of National security Elites cyber firm leaves bitterwick, Washington, ap The future was once dazzling for iron Net. Founded by a former director of the National Security Agency and stacked with elite members of the US intelligence establishment, iron Net promised it was going to revolutionize the way governments and corporations combat cyber attacks. It's pitch, combining the the prowess of ex government hackers with cutting edge software, was initially a hit. Shortly after going public in twenty twenty one, the company's value shot past three billion dollars. Yet as blazing as Ironets started, it burned out blast September, the never profitable company announced it was shutting down and firing its employees after running out of money, providing yet another example of a tech firm that faltered after failing to deliver on overhyped promises. The firm's crash is left behind a trail bitter investors and former employees who remain angry at the company and believe it misled them about its financial health. Ironets rise and fall also raises questions about the judgment of its well credentialed leaders. A who's who of the national security establishment, national security experts, former employees and analysts told the Associate Press that the firm collapsed in part art because engaged in questionable business practices, produced subpar products and services, and entered into associations they could have left the firm vulnerable to meddling by the Kremlin. I'm honestly ashamed I was ever an executive at that company, said Mark Birdley, a former Ironet vice president. He said the company's top leaders cultivated a culture of deceit, just like Firanos, the once highly touted blood testing firm that became a symbol of corporate fraud. Iron Neet's collapse ranks as one of the most high profile flameouts in the history of cybersecurity, said Richard Steinen, a longtime industry analyst. The main reason for its fall, he said, hubris the company got what was coming to it. Steinen said. Iron Neet and top former company officials either declined to comment or did not respond to request for comment. Okay Okay, I'm going to take a step back from the article. There's a heading which is kind of headed weird on Yahoo Finance. It's not in bold or anything. Can't even tell it to heading. But anyway, this is heading of the general. It gets into the founder and CEO Keith Alexander. Okay, I'll read a little bit of this. I think that's founder and former CEO. Keith Alexander is a West Point graduate who retired as a four star Army general and was once the most powerful figure, one of the most powerful figures in US intelligence. He oversaw an unpresident expansion of the NSA's digital spying around the world when he led the US's largest intelligence agency for nearly a decade.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 1: He retired from government in twenty fourteen. He remains a prominent voice on cybersecurity. He sits on the board of Tech nine Amazon. That's zero, okay. This board has included Mike McConnell, a former director of both the NSA and National Intelligence, Jack keene, a retired for star general and Army Vice chief of Staff, and Mike Rogers, the former Republican chairman of the House Intelligence Committee who's running for the USNA in Michigan. One of Ironet's first presidents and co founders was Matt Olson, who left the company in twenty eighteen and leads the Justice Department's National Security Division. Okay, anyway, so these big shots in the intelligence community Alexander he is a former head of the NSA, founds this company iron Net. The idea was to provide cyber security for companies, and the article explains that part of the way that their service was supposed to work was that by having multiple clients, that would help them understand and see patterns in threats at all the different clients, and I guess their data would be able to like cross reference from their different companies, and then they'd have a better advantage in that, which is interesting.
Speaker 2: In and of itself.
Speaker 1: Now, the whole point here is that they didn't spend the time to make the product even work well at all. I guess they had a really good staff, Like the technicians and scientists there were actually really good to new what they were doing too. But the articles someone gripes about, you know, we never put enough resources in actually developing the product. They are always like doing this other nonsense. So yes, iron Net. It also goes on to explain something very interesting. What's the name of this investment firm? C five Capital? Here we go, let's read this venture capital firms were eager to invest. Among iron Net's biggest early boosters was C five Capital, an investment firm started and run by Andre p and R, a South African who had spent years serving the needs of the ultra rich while cultivating business relationships with former top national security officials. C five's operating partners, essentially expert advisors, include former Chairman of the US Joints Chiefs of Staff Mike Mullen and Sir Elaine Lobbin, who used used to lead the UK's Signals Intelligence Agency, Harry Cooker Junior Ronald Moultrie. Anyway, so this C five Capital becomes a major investor in Oh God, all right, forget I got in trouble with all the names of these.
Speaker 2: Things iron Net.
Speaker 1: So iron Net big investor C five. This p and R guy is the head of C five a Capital. He's in South Africa. He's got connections to some Russian oligarch. Let's see where I find that part of the artic Colnston here somewhere. Okay, So he's got p and R is also involved in the South African Manganese mind, so he's making here we go. P and R also worked at the time to help Russian oligarch Victor Weckelsberg or Wexelberg. Cement wrote Relationships London's Rich and Famous. Okay, so he's PNR is really quite the socialite, isn't he. He's connecting people together on the international stage and looks like up to no good honestly. But his firm five, which was like the major investor in iron Net, they also turn around and become the major customer to iron Net, and then they have these like huge contracts. C five ends up with these huge contracts to iron Net, which people who comment in the article were saying, like, yeah, there's no way that they needed a contract that big. It's it's absolutely ludicrous, it's silly. So that was obviously a ploy to raise the value of their stocks. So you know, there's all sorts of shenani Ins, Shenanigans going to that. From the looks of it, they didn't really care about their products so much. They're just trying to like make a bunch of money, and that's one way to do it. It's like, you know, you play all these stupid financial games that amount to nothing, but if you're if you know how to goof around with the numbers, you can make a bunch of money off of it. So they're doing all this this pay and our guy's got really questionable contacts.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 1: They also said, I forget what officials were saying, but they're basically saying that certainly, oh that's the main guy involved in this Alexander. Alexander and company over a Dironet should have known never to get involved with C five. They should have known it was a security risk. Again, his connections to you know, the Russian oligarch and whatnot a problem. So they're real national security risks being posed by this crazy company for one thing that wasn't really doing anything for another, which I guess, you know, does that make it the fact that their security risk does not matter because they're not actually doing anything other than just making a bunch of money. That's a fun question to ask, isn't it. But it just goes on. This article is very fascinating, lots of interesting details. I'm not remembering all of them to not take notes, but I did read through the article. But the thing that take here's my commentary. The takeaway that I got from this article was Alexander big shot in intelligence.
Speaker 2: He was d of the ANSA.
Speaker 1: He was involved and said that he ended his career in public service in twenty fourteen. Right, So he was there for a decade as NSA director during what time, during the War on Terror, the War on terriers. He was there during that whole part of our nation's history.
Speaker 3: That very.
Speaker 1: Important portion of American history as it pertains to the topic of national security, and also along with it the corruption of our American system and certainly the use of national security doing things under the guise of nation security, using that as a smokescreen to do all sorts of corrupt things. So the War on Terror that whole time was really a culmination of you could take the national security state back to the National Security Act of nineteen forty seven, the post war period. If you use that as like sort of a starting historical marker, it's set in motion a chain of events that changed American foreign policy and has affected it ever since and has gone this to the point where we're at now. But certainly in the post war period National Security Act, this whole in this whole new geopolitical reality of the United States. The United States has argued to be essentially an imperial power by detractors of the United States, right. And the US has engaged in all these foreign wars where they have invaded countries not in the These are different been sorts of different sorts of wars, lots of counterinsurgency. You've got Vietnam, and you've got the first Gulf War, You've got the Second Iraq War happened because of the September eleventh, two thousand and one terror attacks. So it's all one big through line with the to me, the the tie that binds is the national security concept is we're keeping not just the United States safe, but the world's safe, uh, you know, making bringing democracy to the world, that sort of concept, right, making the world safe for democracy, going in there fighting the communists with Vietnam and whatnot. That was the guys there, but also the military industrial establishment always taking advantage of all these wars to make profits off of. And certainly I think to think about to think back to nine to eleven terror attacks and then the subsequent wars in Iraq and the Middle East. Really those those wars took place because nine to eleven was used as the explanation that we had to go to war with Iraq. That was the first war we had shortly after nine to eleven. And it was absolutely because Saddam Hussein and Iraq was were blamed generally for being a party to nine to eleven, when in reality they weren't at all. But that when when that came up, when that fact came out, it didn't matter anymore because we had already been at war and we were so caught up in that we it was never about extricating ourselves from the situation. And with Afghanistan, that made more sense to go into there, I mean, if you're tying it to nine to eleven, but still shaky. We didn't get out of Afghanistan until Biden first came into his presidency. So it's been going on for all of these years. And during that time, the national security establishment was working hard, and the certainly the Bush administration's famous for passing legislation like the Patriot Act and all these all this, so many things to curtail civil liberties in order to keep us safe from terror. Right, that was the idea, but also the legitimate legitimating things like torture abroad and you know, enhanced interrogation methods. That sort of stuff was going on as well. So all sorts of dark things were happening, the sorts of things that were being pointed out by the nine to eleven Truth movement, I think was doing a good job at pointing out all these horrible things happening to our country were happening. Minimum you couldn't you couldn't really argue the fact that things these things were happening because of the excuse that we need to keep ourselves safe from any other terrorists that might attack again, right in order to fight terror, in order to prevent it in order to keep us all safe from it happening. If it happens again, we don't want to happen again. We had to do all of these things to curtail civil liberties. We have to give the presidential executive branch of government more power. You know, the idea of the unitary executive was beefed up by the neocons who made up the Bush administration. So that was all going on. They're doing all sorts of crazy projects like these total information awareness projects and things like this. So this is where the digital surveillance aspect of our modern world was. The groundwork is being laid for that at the time, and all this, all of it was allowed because because of the historical fact of nine to eleven two thousand and one, it's like, well, okay, he can't let that happen again. So the entire War on Terror, there was so much going on. There were these really unjustified foreign skirmishes going on in the Middle East where we were going into countries under false pretexts, pretexts we were lying and then going over there and then never retracting to lie, just staying over there for long periods of time. All the while government contractors of all sorts were making money hand over fist, either like building infrastructure overseas in the war zone, or building weapons, or consulting or anything, you know, you name it. There's all sorts of money to be made. And we were fighting this enemy that was what just some this ragtag bunch of terrorists that had some underground compound in the desert somewhere that you know, we had those graphics that Donald Rumsfeld showed us.
Speaker 2: And.
Speaker 1: We're almost certainly not they were fantastical, and it's like, yeah, this is what these this is their base. See this looked like an advertisement for some Hasbro toy or something, you know, so g I Joe said. But nonetheless, it was enough to keep the machine going. And the United States was able to pull this off because we were the pre eminent power on the global stage at the time, and we had been since the post war period. That's how we were able to do That's how this whole national security campaign through all these decades has been able to continue. It is because we've had this privileged position or economically and geopolitically, we were able to do these sorts of things and there was no repercussions. There was no challenger on the global stage that could come up and do anything about it. So we could go anywhere we want and just like make up a reason to do it and you know, lie to the the establishment, would lie to the population just to get them to go along with it. Meanwhile, the world, you know, they have varying takes on this, but basically they can see what we are doing, not really making a good name for ourselves the whole time. But it was.
Speaker 2: Easy and.
Speaker 1: Yes, those who were able to get in and make a whole lot of profits from all of this did. And Keith Alexander here who retired from I don't know if he was retired from the NSA or what, but you retired in twenty fourteen. And he was at work in the system within the government side of this, not the private side of it, but he was in government, in national security at the head of it during the War on Terror. He gets out and what I think he was trying to do here with iron Net was the old standard sort of concept of oh yeah, it's revolving door.
Speaker 2: Time.
Speaker 1: I did all my time as a big shot in national security in the government, in the military. Now now's my time to start up my own company to make a ridiculous fortune off of it. You don't take a public make a bunch of money off the.
Speaker 2: Stock all that.
Speaker 1: You know, that's what everybody does. It's going to be cybersecurity. That's my specialty. That was my area of expertise. So we're going to start up the cybersecurity company. And if it works, okay, If it doesn't, also okay, because you know that's you know, it doesn't have to work. Like look at the F thirty five. We always point to that. I always do. It's like that thing doesn't have to work, it just has to be subcontractor upon subcontractor making money off of it ridiculous amounts of parts. It's just like in RoboCop with ED two oh nine that murders a board member of OCP. It just shoots him, and then later on the film, the the head evil guy there at OCP was like, yeah, you ruined my ED two nine project. It didn't matter if it worked. We had we had contracts with the military for decades, and he just going on, like parts of labor and all of this. That's exactly it. That's how it works. That's how it has worked, and it's worked, and it's been profitable, profitable because we have had a privileged position that's allowed us to do that's all a corrupt establishment to do these sorts of things. But it's fascinating to see that this didn't iron Net did not work out for anybody involved. Certainly Alexander ends up getting egg on his face over this, and I find it striking, and I think that part of the issue here is that we're not living in the warrantaries over the glory days of the United States are gone. We have been in this transitional period for a while where we're moving towards something else. Certainly at the moment we're in the Great Powers competition that all the big shots like to tell us about. It's a Great Powers competition previously called Cold War two point zero. The tensions of the rising developing nations, the bricks countries, the big scary names being Russia, China, and Iran always pop up again and again, and certainly Russia and China being the major economic, geopolitical rivals of the United States at this time, and they are true rivals. They actually have resources, have the ability to not just sit there and watch whatever the US decides it wants to do any given year. But now there's consequences for what we do, because we're not the only kid on the block anymore.
Speaker 2: And in this.
Speaker 1: Article it did mention C five capital. There the guy who was an investor there was the Russian oligarch. The problem for anything to do with national security, cybersecurity in the US, and that.
Speaker 2: Is a problem.
Speaker 1: The oligarchs are part of their part and parcel with the Russian government with Putin, the whole system, that's their system. Putin has his guys they're the ones that are in control, and they're the elites. They have all the money, but they work for him and that's their system. So if you get any one of those guys involved, you're getting the Russian the entire Russian system.
Speaker 2: Involved.
Speaker 4: Right.
Speaker 1: So anyway, I believe that iron Net was this attempt at like, oh yeah, we're it was almost like wishful thinking that the status quo here in the US. And this, of course not for this has nothing to do with the average citizen in the US, just has to do with the political elite. They were hoping that business as usual just go on forever and it's over. That's pretty wild to note. But it's not only is that significant to pull out from all this, but I do think it's one of the missing pieces if we go back to the nine to eleven truth movement and just the greater analysis of yes, the corruption of our system, the US system, and what we as a free people should do in questioning the power structure that governs US, that controls our world. We should be doing that. Absolutely, that's the right we have in this free country. That's what citizens are supposed to do in America. Redress grievances on this. That's great, that's wonderful. But the unfortunate thing is that those of us who are there calling out these real issues, this very true corruption within our system that's been here for decades. Again, this is like, this has historical precedent. This uh, this is a long story. It can be told and has been told in many, many books. Lots of different people have effectively spoken to this. The story is all there. We could pursue more avenues of inquiry, and we had ought to, but at this time, even us that are trying to do the good work of bringing the truth out and speaking truth to power, I don't think that the realization has been made in this community of truth seekers or whatever.
Speaker 2: That where we.
Speaker 1: Are part of the greater US population and our country as a whole is a different place than it was a decade ago. It's a different place than two thousand and one. It's a different place than twenty nineteen ninety nine, nineteen ninety eight. There's a different place than it was during the heyday of the War on Terror years. The War on Terror was like the last great hurrah of the corrupt political establishment that was using national security to do to run rough shot over everybody. The victims are victims internationally that we were invading, as well as the American populace with the stripping of our liberties and the creation of a giant technological surveillance state, which industry was given free reign over us because they're all part of the corrupt establishment too, and that became an entire business. Well, that's all still there. That's the infrastructure that's been built up.
Speaker 2: It is.
Speaker 1: A big portion of this surveillance state. Infrastructure is the digital side of things, and life has become digitized, as I talk about all the time on this show. It's been set up. Yes there's a billion problems within, Yes there is corruption. However, the fact that the United States is not the sole power.
Speaker 2: We're not.
Speaker 1: Able to do things in this world without consequence anymore, and in fact, we have opened ourselves up to various forms of attack from rivals, rivals who actually have the means to do us harm now. And by us, I don't just mean the corrupt establishment that really has been reaping the benefits of this for the whole time, but us, the whole of the country, the whole of the United States country. This is the fact that the the post truth movement crowd just doesn't ever address and I frankly, I think they're scared to it hasn't come up, and so we're kind of running with these tropes that we've had this whole time, just running forward as if we're still living in the War on Terror, as if the way that we were criticizing everything during the Bush years still you just use the exact same template and apply it to everything that's happening in the world in twenty twenty four, and you can't do that. Things are not the same. For instance, Hurricane Helene, the horrible natural disaster that just happened, horrendous. Of course, FEMA is having their problems as they always do with aid there, I'm surprised. But what I find interesting is that commentary from online skeptics and critics and would be true seekers, a lot of commentary is pointing out this specific point. They're saying that we can give billions of dollars to Ukraine, but we can't help out our own people in our own country. Can I understand the sentiment there, And I'm not saying that's even entirely wrong. However, I do think it's an instance of using again using the template from the War on Terror that we were trying to get people on board with for so long. Now they're finally are on board. But it doesn't quite equate. So we with the Iraq war, the second one immediately after nine to eleven, let's stick that for the example here. That was the United States invading another country under false pretext, a false pretext. That was us doing something wrong. We were invading. That was the United States sin there. Now what's going on here with the Ukraine example? Russia invaded another country under false pretext. It was an act of aggression, which was wrong. Ukraine is the victim. And furthermore, if Russia gets its way in Ukraine, there are further repercussions for what might happen beyond that. So to say that, to have said that we shouldn't have given our money to the second Iraq war, I think would be legitimate, Like, hey, look the hell are we even doing We should not be doing this. No cut funding now, stop it. We're not we won't have a part of this. What we're saying now, we're trying to apply that same logic to Ukraine and saying like, look, any money given to any war is a waste of time when we should just be spending that money on us and taking care of ourselves. And that's it, And it's ignoring the it's ignoring the situation that we're in in that. And I don't know if the US is equipped for the long haul in this whole scheme of the great powers competition.
Speaker 4: I don't know.
Speaker 1: Again, I can't project where everything's going. But I just find this all fascinating that we have been trying to get people's attention that certainly the defense budget is way out of hand, and absolutely the military industrial complex, that whole establishment is just a gigantic system of waste build up to just profit off of government money. It's this whole system of how can we procure defense budget money to make ourselves, you know, to build up a whole economic system and to make yes, many people rich. That still does exist, but it itself is a major hindrance to our actual national security because that's still there and it's an entrenched special interest that just doesn't go away, and it's trying to protect itself at present. It doesn't want to go anywhere, but it is an achilles heel. And I think people are kind of fixing up, Oh you have this money for Ukraine, which yes, very much. There is this waste, and there is the military industrial complex establishment tied up with this. I think there is. You can pull apart the actual act of aggression from Russia from the corrupt system that we have, and it's just it's one giant mess. But we are in trouble now. We are in trouble because of all this cybersecurity is a real issue.
Speaker 2: But it's.
Speaker 1: Once again darkly funny to see these companies like Ironnets sort of come up fail because you could argue that they never needed to work to begin with, just like ED two nine. But maybe things like this do need to start working. And I don't know how that might work out, if it even will. Certainly the guys like Eric Schmidt are the new ones that are trying to get in and capitalize on this whole situation. And even their marketing tool to the government and to the American people is hey, look, we can do this job, but we can do it cheaper than the other guy. And yes, venture capital, private equity, that sort of thing is in on this whole scheme, and they're trying to usurp the old guard military industrial complex and that's a fascinating thing going on in the midst of all this. How many people are talking about this, I don't see many talking about it. I'll come across a handful of people that are talking about the darker side of Silicon Valley, absolutely that are trying to position themselves as the new national security establishment. But some of them have questionable ties themselves. And certainly there's so many moving parts here in the global propaganda matrix that I talk about on the show that we are all, we are all the targets of And when you look at it, these big tech billionaires seem just there. Certainly don't seem to be impervious to the global propaganda war raging at present. If anything, they seem to be like drinking the kool aid more than your most tinfoil had QAnon person Online. You read Mark Andresen's techno Utopian manifest so it reads like, you know, some maga republican alternative.
Speaker 2: Sort of person.
Speaker 1: So so there's all sorts of there's there's so many things going on that certainly we're in a different world now, and it would behoove us two. I think humble ourselves first of all, as I was saying at the beginning, take a few steps back and say, hey, look what's actually going on. Be honest about the situation, and realize that the world is it's a different place. Now, it's a different place, and that has not been accounted for by certainly enough people, hardly anybody. I don't know what's gonna take I don't know if we ever will. I don't think in the strange digital ecosystem that's just designed to confuse us, I don't know what we do going forward. I really don't look away as much as possible. Probably it's like Medusa turning it to stone. If you simply look at it, Medusa is now computer screen or a mobile device screen or whatever. The next iteration of those technologies becomes, should become more integrated with our biology with each passing step. So this is the reality. All the while, it seems as though, just as our buddy Lieutenant General Keith Alexander seem to have been resting on his laurels and sort of taking for granted his privileged position and having a fall from grace, I think the same can be said for those in the post truth movement world alternative media. I think they are in a similar position, And I would point out that they, unlike Alexander and his buddies, never really have been in a true privileged position to begin with. They're just the self proclaimed owners of truth, and those who do speak truth to power, they are the ones in charge of that whole scheme. So listen to them, And frankly, I don't think they're as smart as Alexander and his cohorts are to people in the alternative media.
Speaker 2: And if there.
Speaker 1: Hasn't been a fall from grace yet, there certainly will be. Or if there's not that, if they're really unfortunate, they're going to get everything they want, everything that they suggest that we do in order to free ourselves as an American populace from the corrupt deep state, which you could say that the deep state was real in the sense of what I was talking about, the establishment that was taking advantage of the national security state and profiting off of that. That was the deep state. Sure, but even they have set up the executive branch of government so that somebody can swoop in and basically take everything over. That's what the MAGA group is now doing. Then you get the ones who set this whole thing up with the neocons. Dick Cheney and buddies are all saying how evil Trump is and he's this terrible abomination. He'll take over and he won't let go power. Well, how do you think this whole scenario was set up to begin with the Unitary Executive? Well, Trump, Trump absolutely if he can take that and run it to its furthest conclusion, Yes, are we seeing evidence of that, and it's going even further than the neocons ever had it. Yes, with the things going on with the Supreme Court and the rulings about presidential immunity, there's a through line of that Supreme Court action and what the neocons were setting up back in the heyday of the War on Terror. So I don't really want to hear them complain about this, but it's fascinating to see that the sort of foil the Truth Movement foils to the neocons have morphed into these sycophanic cronies for this new system that's positioning itself to take the reins over from what the neocons created with the Unitary Executive, put in a guy that they think is the right one to give absolute authoritium power too and as long as they be toadies and be good about it and say everything that they're supposed to, that they'll be just fine. There will be no such thing as purges. They won't be liquidated as soon as they're deemed unuseful. That won't ever happen. The thought, I'm sure hasn't even occurred to them. They're just doing what it is that they do. This is their business, this is their job. They're just doing their job. Frankly, I think they're too stupid to understand what's actually going on.
Speaker 2: But this is just my.
Speaker 1: Little soliloquy shouting out in the darkness. And I'm sure none of those people that know more than I do are even listening to this. So it doesn't matter. Doesn't matter what I say. It doesn't matter what the truth might be, because the things that I'm saying and what the truth truly is certainly aren't completely in line. I don't know everything. Again, I am not a prophet. I wish I understood more. I'm sitting here fumbling around with crazy articles like this, doing what we can. But this is not two thousand and six anymore. That's not twenty twelve. Did the world end in twenty twelve, and we're living in some sort of fractured other dimension in the multiverse.
Speaker 4: I don't know.
Speaker 1: Maybe, excuse me, we might that might be the greater truth of it all. But if it is, I mean, it's just crazy. This is a new world. It's not ordered just yet, is it. There's not a whole lot of order. But there's a lot of different players on the stage trying to establish their order. They would like to bring order to the chaos. The I forget if it's the coat of arms or the flag or it's some One of those national symbols of Russia is the double headed eagle. Have you seen this thing?
Speaker 2: Hm?
Speaker 1: Similar to that of the Scottish rite of Freemasonry. It's an interesting occult symbol there, like the two headed janis looking in two separate directions. What's of different ways to take that? Looking back into the past, looking forward into the future.
Speaker 2: The great.
Speaker 1: Glory that was the UH. You could go back in any national story and look at past glory and trying to reinstate that. Certainly, UH, our rivals on the world stage are doing that, like, oh, look at the we've We've been around for so long and we've always been great, and forget about making America great again. America's make America great again goes back to the nineteen fifties suburban life and Mary a trad wife and Keith Burner place birthing children while you go to work and bring home the bacon. Tell your wife to shut up. That's that's America's great past. The Russian's great past was I don't know, the Tsarist Russia.
Speaker 2: And you know we've in.
Speaker 1: The what was it, the the Russian Orthodox Religion. You can get in there, all all the great stories of the past there. Of course, the China has a long, long history, the Chinese. I mean, they go back thousands of years of their history, so it would be easy to propagandize their populace with grand stories of an always great China. And we have cool stories about driving hot rods at drive through diners in the nineteen fifties, and every now and then we talk about George Washington. So we are a young nation. Remember that we're young. We're the new kid on the international stage, and we we weren't always the ones living here on this land. That's hard to remember, isn't it. Nobody seems to want to do that for some reason, I guess reality is difficult to come to terms with. So there's so much going on in any given place, and it's the world is getting smaller, but tensions are rising higher, and the stakes are certainly high, and everybody wants a piece, everybody wants control, everybody wants to rule of the world. Will anybody truly be successful, Probably not. Will everybody decide to start a war to see who the winner is in order to vie for that control? Probably at some point. At some point, there's gonna be all sorts of tussles in order to gain advantage over each other. And they're ongoing hard to keep up with any given continent. There's something happening. So that is I think I covered what I needed to tonight. A little bit of history from somebody who's not that qualified to talk about it, a little bit of political intrigue, a little bit of interesting financial news again, the collapse of this iron Net company pretty fast. I think a lot can be taken from the story, and the big picture is fascinating when you look at it. For the glimpses that we're able to catch of it, it's worth a shot to try. It's worth a shot to try at understanding and remember that we are vulnerable now, all of us, because once again America is not on top anymore. It's not the only soul big shot on the world stage. A marsh isn't. So remember that everybody top to bottom. And I hope you're enjoying the Ochiley Radio Network this Friday night. Thank you for tuning Inchilly dot com. Again, do consider giving a donation tonight, butdon over there, keep the network going. Help check out he needs help. My website is the Age of Transitions dot com. My name is Aaron Franz. I'll say stay tuned for Uncle the broadcast coming right up, but until next time. I will also beab you by saying seeker seek on.
Speaker 4: H go ahead, call it in the.
Speaker 2: Truth about the day of Hay assassination.
Speaker 4: Right, well, what do you want to know Dudy.
Speaker 2: Baker's wild claim Oswald girlfriend if he knew Ruby and Barry cantwer weapons.
Speaker 3: Really, I imagine I could claim I have four wheels.
Speaker 4: It doesn't make me a wagon.
Speaker 2: But okay, Oswald's was on the building and trying to prevent the murder of John Kennedy.
Speaker 3: Come on, now, has a.
Speaker 5: Real effort on the day of hay assassination broke into her claims.
Speaker 3: Go to Amazon dot com entered Judith Baker in her own words, you'll get the results for a digital copy of a book where Walt Brown utilizes her own words and the known evidence in the case to get at well a different perspective.
Speaker 4: Let's say you can get.
Speaker 3: Judith Barry Baker in her own words from the author himself, signed if you request it by contacting doctor Brown at kias jfk at aol dot com. It's a fun book and it actually dissects the many, many fantastic claims Judith Ary Baker in her own.
Speaker 5: Words, thank you for all the great information.
Speaker 6: In Denial Secret Wars with air strikes and Tanks by Larry Hancock. Secret wars became a staple of US covert operations and are still happening today. Larry Hancock's book In Denial rips the cover off many of them, using new files.
Speaker 7: It exposes things about the Bay of Pigs that no one has ever written about before. It shows why it really failed in the United States did not earn from it. It also shows why other countries today are doing secret operations with more success. This is the book that puts what some want to.
Speaker 6: Deny into the light.
Speaker 3: In Denial Secret Wars with air strikes and tanks Larryhncock. For more information, go to Larry hyphen Handcock dot com. Pick up your copy of In Denial at Amazon dot com. In digital or physical.
Speaker 8: Force, Nuclear holocausts, you know what uranium is right?
Speaker 2: Think called nuclear weapons and other things like lots of you know what uranium is right? Bad things things are done with uranium in living, some bad things Nuclear holocausts. You know what uranium is right?
Speaker 8: I have been brief nuclear holocausts, Nuclear holocausts.
Speaker 9: You know what.
Speaker 2: Uranium is right? The think on nuclear weapons and other things like lots of you know what uranium is right?
Speaker 8: Bad things things are done with ranim, including some bad things. Nuclear Holocaust, Nuclear Holo Holocaust, Nuclear Holocaust, Nuclear Holocaust, Nuclear Holo.
Speaker 2: Morning Morning Morning Morning Morning Morning.
Speaker 10: Morning Listen is a Moneyseye podcast. Hold Way, go away, hold on, go wait here, I'm pick up God. Have you cell phones and have me and listen to I'll go to the podcast.
Speaker 2: Watch out. If you're sitting down for this or if you're standing.
Speaker 10: Up, you better get ready for this because it's gonna hit the air drumps.
Speaker 2: I'll go the podcast.
Speaker 1: You are listening to uncle the broadcast.
Speaker 2: My name is Aaron.
Speaker 1: I'm the nephew. Law here means to start with your uncle.
Speaker 2: Well, ladies, drumming, three one hundred and thirty eight is the number tonight. Now, tonight we're gonna have something to do. Cook a bell. Okay, not football people, not football football, baseball playoffs? Ok there we go.
Speaker 1: All right, well that's good guy.
Speaker 2: Right now. Who's on the line and anybody kicking on that phone?
Speaker 1: Okay, well that's important point there, uncle, because five not yet.
Speaker 4: But give the numbers Aaron here because we are alive.
Speaker 1: So as always live dot com Friday night. You may call in call numbers three one nine, five two seven, five zero one six. Can also use Skype if you do. You're gonna want to type a message to Chuck. He's Charles out Ochelli on Skype. Type of the message he'll bring you on the show. Or call three one nine, five two seven, five zero and six.
Speaker 2: Is the crackloom is acting. It sounds like a crackroom is going hit me in the elbows. Yeah, hey go, heygo, yayo. How many What was the tennis match? What's the tennis match on cracklom Who's winning?
Speaker 1: That's the ol dot com chat. It looks like Chuck is talking to himself at the Olly dot com chat at Peasant. We are of course going live there. We're going live on the live stream on twitch, on YouTube, live, on twit Yeah, Twitter X.
Speaker 3: I wanted to check on that because I'm gonna go retweet that and everybody who is hearing us, if you're on Twitter X, retweet it. Let people see the stream and h it'll come up in the choices so people can come and tune in.
Speaker 4: We'll get extra people. So retweet it.
Speaker 2: Thanks absolutely, thank you very much for doing that.
Speaker 1: It does help. Anytime anybody sees that up on Twitter, just repost. And also, uncle, we should give a little apology. We weren't able to do our Saturday live stream last week. We wanted to play video games. Head all set up.
Speaker 2: I don't know what was a problem. I don't know.
Speaker 1: Well, it's it's soccer season. The kids have sofered. Let's make it tough.
Speaker 2: Let's uh, well, let's hold on the watching because of the season of the soccer, because not in the morning. We will have when it's soccer season, people, let's change it to when well, well have it in the anthony. Yeah, I mean not not right on the moon.
Speaker 1: I know. I am going to try to do one to do the video game win again tomorrow, But like you're saying, Uncle, if we do it, it's not gonna be as early in the day as we might be later if we can even do it at all.
Speaker 2: So we're gonna try our best.
Speaker 1: But your only solution is to subscribe to Uncle's channel on YouTube or twitch or whatever, and when it goes live, you'll see it. So we can also watch all these after the fact on YouTube.
Speaker 2: Although way we got some more. Well, I got some of the ones in the back from the past ones. If people can't get the original starts, they can do what like like looking at my shows in the back, that's right, so can do the same with that. Yeah, in the thin, I think the.
Speaker 1: Live streams work a lot of them as going back and just watching the.
Speaker 2: Video, That's what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: Crazy stuff, and I think they're entertaining. I go back to watch them and see how they came out, and I think they're good.
Speaker 2: I'm proud of them.
Speaker 1: But I see Sally Dolls in the chat at YouTube night, So thank you. I know that you've been there for lots of the live streams. Yeah, yeah, have you again as always, But yes we are live. You may call in. Uh so they call in number and there through one zero one six ouncle? Do you want to start talking about baseball? In the meantime we're talking baseball?
Speaker 2: We have we have an interesting series going here. First of all, the old preser back go to meet their robberies, the Dodges. Now, how do you figure are and that Dodge you would act up in a playwiff picture and he is what's his name? Wants to get Oh, Tony wants to get a wing. Well you moved over to the LA thinking you're gonna get a wing. Wait a second, look pretty good.
Speaker 1: So okay, So you're saying that Dodgers aren't gonna have it easy. They have to make sure pore at the challenge.
Speaker 2: To head it in. Yeah.
Speaker 1: I remember last year the same thing happened and there were chants in San Diego of beat l A. They're very excited at the prospect of beating the doors that we got called on the phone, who is.
Speaker 2: In what we talked about baseball.
Speaker 11: Hello, Jimmy James Ocle. What I want to know is can let Tigers overcome the Astros?
Speaker 2: Wait just a moment, stop where you're at exactly, drive yourself a clamp. You took the Cheeters out. Very good, de door, Very good, Detroit.
Speaker 3: That was the next question, was gonna come Tigers knocked out the Astros?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Yeah, yeah, all right, pop your hands, any body get your hands clapping? What are you laughing at this? I can't go. I'm good relationsid Detroit Man, Detroit Man. I was hoping you were gonna do that.
Speaker 3: Hey, special request Uncle. I also put the graphic in the chat room to show people. There's not a lot of people on the live stream tonight, but I wanted to show people what it looks like. We only have people from Canada, Germany, and the United States tonight, and when I took the snapshot, there was only eleven listeners on my stream. Okay, just letting you guys know. There it is the percentage, the graphic, the little flags, that's what.
Speaker 4: I look at.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and there's more information over to the right, but I cut that off.
Speaker 4: You can just see the countries they're from.
Speaker 2: Okay, so, Jimmy, what do you think you got to speaking?
Speaker 11: Well, I'm glad the tipers are do.
Speaker 2: You so?
Speaker 11: I don't think this is going to be there?
Speaker 2: I think will be Wait a minute, now, you got to play. Who you guys playing? Who are they playing?
Speaker 1: Who are the Tigers playing? At present?
Speaker 4: At?
Speaker 2: Do you know to be playing?
Speaker 1: Who have they been playing?
Speaker 2: No, they're going to be playing the playoffs?
Speaker 1: I don't know, Jimmy, do you know these answers?
Speaker 2: I don't do you know? Who was it? I forgot?
Speaker 3: Okay, you want the playoffs?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Sorry to keep playing. No, No, they finished, They took them out. That's what I was clapping. What do you think they're finishing?
Speaker 3: Okay, they're finished with the Astros. They're onto the Guardians.
Speaker 2: You know, the Cleveland Oh yeah, the.
Speaker 3: Yeah, no, the Indians. They were the Indians, Jimmy James. Now they're the Guardians Cleveland.
Speaker 2: The that's wow.
Speaker 11: With the messed up name like that, we'll probably win.
Speaker 2: You're saying you can watch the baseball playoffs because your team's got to buy this week in football? How does that sound? Jimmy, keep an eye on that.
Speaker 11: Yeah, they they I am keeping on those Lions.
Speaker 2: They need to be that. I am keep an eye on because you've got to break in between your football because I may Detroit's gotta buy. I know because I took the helmets.
Speaker 1: Down the helmet man, we have the miniature we're talking about the football.
Speaker 2: Yeah, no, no football helmets.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we have the minsiure football helmets. I'll call sets them up on the mantle.
Speaker 2: Each week.
Speaker 1: The helmets are facing each other for each game.
Speaker 2: I just do that to just do something.
Speaker 1: Part of your duties around the house, I'll call.
Speaker 2: Yeah, because you hear this here this story people, so I kick here. We're asking me where's the hat? Huh? What do you have?
Speaker 11: All the helmets of all the teams.
Speaker 2: On the NFL. The NFL, there's just little mini helmets, little helmets, and and he comes and says, hey, we got a game. Someone he says, where's his helmet? We would sit in the room because I have the most up in my room. And what I do is I make from the room to living.
Speaker 1: I get confused when they're not there. I don't know what the game is coming.
Speaker 2: I know, I know, but I gotta say that now that you don't have to come into my room. You're all out there on the first week, the first hour.
Speaker 1: I think that's the reason I don't know what games are going on with the MLB in the playoffs, because we don't have that same helmet system.
Speaker 2: I wouldn't I would like to say, I would like to ask, if it's possible, could you get some more of those baseball baseball helmets, not just but that reason, we could look into it, look into something like that, because I could put those aside for baseball season, you see, and then I have the of course football stuff.
Speaker 1: I don't know me.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I don't know if you guys have this in California, but you know, up in the Northeast, and I haven't seen it down here, but up in the Northeast, there used to be a lot of places where you could get the baseball helmets for an ice cream, Like you get an ice cream and a helmet. Yes, and it's a little mini plastic helmet. What about those.
Speaker 1: We well, we have a bigger version of the same plastic helmet. I think nachos came in when we went to.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you get one place. I'm talking about those, so you can get a whole lot of teams. So Uncle can do this and set up you know, depending on which teams are in the playoffs, you know.
Speaker 4: What I mean?
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah I do.
Speaker 2: I do remember the ice cream ones.
Speaker 3: I do remember, yeah yeah, Carvel in the Northeast. The trouble was, right, you had to go to different carbell locations, and they didn't have all the teams. Like if you tried to collect all the teams, you couldn't get them all unless you went to a bunch of different carvels, right and uh, and then people would get angry, angry if they didn't have Mets and Yankees and Phillies, you know in Jersey, so you had to have all three. Uh. But but you know, trying to collect like the Pittsburgh Pirates and all that, it was like very hard. But I was just thinking that maybe out there somewhere they got the mini helmets still available somewhere, Maybe you could buy a set.
Speaker 4: What do you think?
Speaker 2: Well, that's what what happened one what was it one Christmas? One Christmas and to open up a package and the darn things were football helmets. Was a gift. It was as a gift as a gift?
Speaker 3: Was it?
Speaker 2: Every team? I was willing enjoyed it and that.
Speaker 3: So if it's possible, was it every team or was it just just your team?
Speaker 1: Every team? Every team does have every team he had set up every week.
Speaker 3: Oh, but that's what I'm saying.
Speaker 4: If he has the baseball helmets, it would be great. You got it, you know.
Speaker 2: That's I'm asking the people that are looking, well, they looked and saw that. I'm sure there.
Speaker 1: Has to be an equivalent that you can just buy, just like we did to the NFL sets the MLB.
Speaker 2: Yeah, do you want to all right, because you never go to the meetings.
Speaker 3: I'm the moules because I wouldn't have expected to mix that we have here, right, And do you want to know the rest of the baseball games that are coming up? Because we talked about Detroit and the Guardians, but that's only one.
Speaker 4: Of four division games.
Speaker 3: That kind of interesting because you got too lost. You got two California teams facing each other in this round right here, where you got the Padres and the.
Speaker 2: Dodgers Andres and Dodgers right and that.
Speaker 3: And you got New York the Mets taking on.
Speaker 2: The Phillies playing in the Phillies.
Speaker 3: You got Detroit taking on the Guardians. As we said, and Kansas City is taking on the Yankees. So another crazy dangerous thing.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's it. Kansas City is playing that series. That series should be a wild one.
Speaker 3: Well the wild thing to me is something that we only had maybe what twenty five years ago. Uh, we have a possibility for a subway series here if the Mets and the Yankees make it.
Speaker 2: I was thinking of that. I was thinking of that.
Speaker 1: I had heard that as a possible.
Speaker 2: I was, are you're putting that phone in here?
Speaker 3: Because we you know, this is a rare opportunity. I mean it's rare. Also, the two California teams are taking on each.
Speaker 2: Other in the National Yeah, that would be that would be interesting, a bottom bottom series, I was or you just said, I was thinking of the same thing. If it came down to that, it would be crazy looking at a baseball game down under? I call that down under?
Speaker 4: What's down under?
Speaker 2: What do you mean under the ground? The subway? Oh okay, that's why. That's how I cool it.
Speaker 3: See, subway series used to be a long time ago. You get like the New York Giants versus the Yankees, Right, so you can have a National League, but they haven't had a subway series, except what in two thousand and one? Was it or two thousand? I forget the Mets got blown out, but.
Speaker 4: Now what you do. I don't think it was ninety nine. Let me check on that.
Speaker 11: Impossible. And my body from New York was very happy that the mess we're going to play.
Speaker 2: Oh well, let me go about it is very very strange. I just.
Speaker 4: I don't know.
Speaker 1: I don't remember specifically that happening the World Series.
Speaker 3: I believe, Jimmy, you're about to get maybe proven wrong here.
Speaker 2: Let's see.
Speaker 3: It was the two thousand World Series, Jimmy, two thousand.
Speaker 2: Two thousand Claws loc Yep, this can't be.
Speaker 3: I'm telling you Mandela effect, because look, this was the first subway series in New York since nineteen fifty six, and it wasn't a foregone conclusion that either team would make it in the fall Classic blah blah blah blah. The Mets lost four games to one, and I remember that, and I do remember it was either, like I said, either two thousand or two thousand and one, and like, but it's right in that area. I mean ninety nine next year. But I remember it was two thousand because I was married, and I didn't get married until New Year's Eve nineteen ninety nine.
Speaker 2: So oh oh yeah, and boy, few years is coming.
Speaker 3: So the baseball the baseball season was over in ninety nine by the time I got married.
Speaker 4: So it was definitely a thing.
Speaker 3: Because of course, just like anything else, she had to be on the opposite side of things.
Speaker 4: So she was like a Yankee, you know.
Speaker 3: So I got Yankee winning drugged in my face.
Speaker 2: Cours of course the woman who was on the other side of the the bench. I think you should know that. But now, man, no, not always ill goodle football go to a sports event and thinking that they'd be on the same side.
Speaker 3: Hey, I don't have that problem with Ken. I'm telling you now. She roots for the right teams, you know.
Speaker 4: So there you go.
Speaker 3: If when we've watched baseball, she's always on the side that I am, except but now watching football, we go opposite sides on the Super.
Speaker 4: Bowl all the time.
Speaker 3: But but when it comes to baseball or almost anything else, she's usually on the right side of things. So I don't know my first wife, they'll forget it. If I would have said put mayonnaise on tunipiss, she would have said, no, I want ketchup. Even if she didn't want ketchup, she would have put ketchup on her.
Speaker 4: Just to spite me.
Speaker 3: All the same taste, just to spite me.
Speaker 4: Telling you that sounds.
Speaker 1: Like an uncle creation there, that's creation. Is that what you're thinking on?
Speaker 3: Sounds like sounded like it was a good idea right away already, He's crazy. I'm telling you, man, that that that freaking sour crowd.
Speaker 4: I'm never going to get over that anyway.
Speaker 3: Between that, you lunatics with the ranch dressing on pizza, I don't know what to say anymore.
Speaker 4: You're ruining at all.
Speaker 1: That's Ohio. That's Ohio.
Speaker 2: That's on the side over there.
Speaker 1: I know my Ohio cuisine is.
Speaker 2: Final Casino over there. Well him about that, like the kids say.
Speaker 4: See Ohio. Anyway, just the thing. But No.
Speaker 3: Two thousand was the last Subway series. We have a potential here for another one.
Speaker 2: So it's a possibility. Let's put it in a possibility. It could happen. It could happen.
Speaker 3: Hey, anybody who wants to do dirty dollar bets on the Mets, I'm here by the way, just so you know, yeah.
Speaker 4: You know my one dollar bets, my gentleman's bet.
Speaker 2: Oh, the one dollar bet.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but I called the thirty dollar bet because people always get the beat up dollars. We could always do that when we get in there. I mean, I don't know if you want.
Speaker 2: To let's see what let's cometinue head and see what happens. And two unless that happens, like you said, Chuck, well I put money onto that, all right. If it happens, hey, we'll let it.
Speaker 4: We'll let it get in there.
Speaker 3: We'll let it get to the World series. We'll do dirty dollars on the World series.
Speaker 4: How's that? Yeah? Yeah, okay, sounds good.
Speaker 2: Another call is Gimmy got another call?
Speaker 3: Okay, you want to put Jimmy on hold and then get to the Yeah, you got Jimmy.
Speaker 1: Hold on.
Speaker 4: Jimmy will be back to you. And here's your new caller, Uncle.
Speaker 2: My phone.
Speaker 12: Hey, Uncle, this is May.
Speaker 1: Damn I May.
Speaker 2: I've been talking about Now let's have it.
Speaker 12: I would have called last week, but Chuck was having a hurricane back there, and for whatever reason, I never the show never came on here. I just got the replay stream that he does. I was checking back seeing because he put a note he's going to have you on, but uh yeah, I just never came on out here on my device, so I couldn't call. Yeah, the hurricane and hey, you're talking baseball tonight.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, it was talking baby Eddie.
Speaker 3: I'm sorry about that. The hurricane did recavoc with a bunch of things last week, and uh, you know, yeah, things were out of my control.
Speaker 4: Sorry about that.
Speaker 12: Oh I know I was one of them. But and when I of course, uh Sunday, I listened to the replay at work and oh damn.
Speaker 3: Yeah, see I did have it on, but it just yeah, there were troubles off and on all night, and uh, what can I do.
Speaker 4: I'm surprised I kept it on to even get that.
Speaker 12: Man. Nothing, I know, you're you're in a storm back there, man, I know.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Anyway, there go, Sorry about that. Go ahead, Baseball.
Speaker 12: I'm gonna say forget it. A subway series. Let's have a Coast to coast or a classic Dodger Yankees.
Speaker 3: I can't root for the Yankees to win, ed, come on, I mean, at leastways.
Speaker 12: Coast World Series like the first one they ever had, which I believe was sixty three Dodgers.
Speaker 6: Yankees sixty three Dodgers Yankee.
Speaker 4: I don't remember that one. I got to check that.
Speaker 5: Yeah again, first coast to coast because you know, they didn't have baseball in the West until just recently, like fifty eight, the Giants, Dodgers, and so when the Dodgers and Yankees in sixty three, it was the first coast to coast World Series.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Well, now now that California has way too hype that up. Well, now, California's got a hell of a lot of teams. I mean, they ended up with the Oakland Athletics, they got the San Diego Padres, they got the California Angels with your Anaheim right, Uh, you know there's three. Then you got the Dodgers, the Giants. I mean, you know, come on, how many of them?
Speaker 12: Yeah, there's a bunch down there. They could form their own league.
Speaker 2: Yeah almost, that's what we're saying.
Speaker 3: You know, all you got you could make a West Coast league, no problem, you just go up. You get the Mariners there and uh and who else you got it you need? I don't even know, but it's crazy.
Speaker 12: I mean the Angels, Giants, Dodgers, Padres.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean there's what six teams right.
Speaker 12: That athletics, but not for long for the athletics.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, yeah, they're moving.
Speaker 1: I heard that's where were they moving to? Somebody going to Vegas, just like the Raiders Vegas.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah, I went to Vegas. That's like went to Vegas.
Speaker 1: Vegas has taking all the Oakland teams?
Speaker 9: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Will will they? After Neffles going? Yeah?
Speaker 1: Yeah, where were they?
Speaker 2: Where the Oakland A's going?
Speaker 12: I heard Las Vegas?
Speaker 2: Oh, Vegas.
Speaker 12: Then you're going to Las Vegas.
Speaker 2: Well that means they'll have a baseball in Raiders. Then in the ballpark.
Speaker 12: They're going to play at the old Solon's Stadium in Sacramento. I heard, wow, because they don't have a ballpark ready yet in Nevada yet for ant we know that.
Speaker 2: Because you know how long it took for them to do the one for the Raiders. But I got it. They got it in here, they got them up there. I mean, so you figured the same is happening with the baseball.
Speaker 12: Well I think, man, it seems like those Vegas games. It better be an indoor, air conditioned park as hot as hell over there, you know, like they got that in Arizona has one of them.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, So have you been lunching the Baseball playoffs.
Speaker 12: And well I haven't don't get mad, but because the Dodgers, uh don't have to play till Saturday, so I've been waiting to see who and uh my thing with the Dodgers, I'm afraid they don't have the pitching to go very far. That is got the map, but the pitching is pretty pretty interest is.
Speaker 2: My main thing. I was always telling you, I was always telling you you might have the hit the hittings, but you can't do the hitting. You want the witching. I'm I'm I'm going to take I'm action on on this game. I'm going to take the Padres for one reason totally. The man wants dying enough to get a ring, dying enough to get a ring. It's gonna loan to Wookie. But the point is.
Speaker 12: A long time ago that the winning to get in the ring for the fan isn't as big of a deal because as a Dodger fan, the Dodgers have probably been in the World Series after the Yankees just about as many times as anybody else.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you know, you got to.
Speaker 12: Learn to love the game for for how the game works and stuff. You know, I know that you know I had miney, you got to have other things. I had mine, not all or nothing to win the ring.
Speaker 9: You know.
Speaker 12: Now for the players, you know they want that's what they want, you know, sure I get that good.
Speaker 2: I can tell you a story about my father and my it's my grandfather. No, this was this was something to hear. Now when is a count. They went to the baseball stadium and man one ground one side, the other ground on the other side. One going for the Dodgers, the other side is going for the Giants. They are going at each other, ban ban all this crazy stuff. And it used to be it used to be that way. Now they're going crazy. The band's going nuts. But I mean that, uh, that's what I remembered of between news.
Speaker 12: Well, you know, there used to be uh even just a few years ago, in the earlier two thousands. Uh, some guy was beaten near to death at Dodger Stadium, a Giants fan and a Dodger fan up in Frisco was stabbed to death. Yeah, yeah, you know those are that's outrageous. You know, I'm all for having the rivalry that makes a game fun. But and Vin Scully, he told the story about when they played in the polo grounds back in uh, you know, New York. When the two teams are in New York, they had to nail the clubhouse. The clubhouse was out in center field under the under the bleachers the grandstands. Then Scully said they would nail the back door to those clubhouses. Otherwise the players would have been fighting under the grand stands all night.
Speaker 4: And ed is correct. By the way, the World Series.
Speaker 3: The most World Series appearances obviously is the New York Yankees. They've also won the most World Series by by the team. But the second one in line is the Dodgers.
Speaker 12: Yeah, I'm not surprised.
Speaker 3: And after that, now, obviously it would be the older teams have you know, much greater shots at this.
Speaker 4: But next come the Giants after the.
Speaker 3: Who Yeah, they they're the fourth. They're they're number four. After that, she gets weird. Yeah, Giants are third, right, Yankees, Dodgers, Giants, Cardinals, And the top five is rounded out by the Athletics of course, because they've been around forever.
Speaker 12: Yeah, they've been around then, yea, the seventies that they were good, right, and then.
Speaker 3: Believe it or not, the Red Sox were are sixth, and then the time number seven Tigers.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that adds. We have a guy on he had the line Jimmy, he's a uh Tiger fan. Yeah.
Speaker 4: Can you guess who's next? Uncle though after the Tigers?
Speaker 2: Mm hmm, Kissidy No Royal really becuz they were fighting the Mits, I mean the Yankees.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but Uncle, you gotta think all time, so you gotta go all the way back, you know, when the World Series.
Speaker 12: Started about Cincinnati.
Speaker 3: Cincinnati is a good guess, but they're not They're not even up here yet.
Speaker 1: Donna say, Red Sox.
Speaker 12: They're like the oldest.
Speaker 2: Yes, the Red Sox are.
Speaker 3: The Red Sox are six Aaron so after Yeah, so seven is Tigers. Eight is the one I was looking for?
Speaker 4: Which is the Cubs?
Speaker 2: I was, I was gonna say that. I was gonna hold it. I was.
Speaker 13: I was gonna say the Cubs. So und was my guests. Yeah, honestly, that was my guest. Okay, the Cubs. Hey, I was gonna say the Cubs. But everybody's talking. I was gonna say the Cubs. Probably was right then.
Speaker 3: Sure to round out the top ten, nine and ten, I was right, I was right.
Speaker 2: Well, can you say I would have said the Cubs?
Speaker 3: Can you guess your cob next.
Speaker 2: I was guessing the Cubs myself.
Speaker 3: Okay, we got two more teams in the top ten. Guess which one, uncle, go ahead, one of the two teams left in the top ten.
Speaker 2: That we just mentioned.
Speaker 3: No, no, no, that's still World Series appearances.
Speaker 4: Top ten.
Speaker 3: We've gotten one through eight, which is the Yankees, the Dodgers, the Giants, the Cardinals, the Athletics, the Red Sox, the Tigers. Number seven and number eight is the Cubs. Who's nine and ten on the list?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 1: And what about the Phillies?
Speaker 2: Yeah, why not? I'll hit the Phillies on one. How about them? How about the Phillies?
Speaker 3: That's nice guess, but they are actually number eleven, the Phillies, So nine and ten.
Speaker 4: I'll give you another guess.
Speaker 2: Uncle heavy, you think who's thinking? I think old team that? I think? I get it? Thank you.
Speaker 12: Think about how about the Indians? Man, they've been around, true, but the Indians, the Indians, I don't think so.
Speaker 4: They're number fifteen.
Speaker 3: Indian they're number fIF.
Speaker 2: They're fifteen, they're fifteen. Let's see, everybody, I gotta find a tenth one. You gotta think give me.
Speaker 3: Good here, Yeah, you gotta think back to the original teams. You know what I mean, the old old teams.
Speaker 2: Will this is good one nice night to think about this stuff I thought would be a good one.
Speaker 12: The other side of Chicago, Hey, Uncle, the other side of Chicago from the Cups. Maybe the White Sox.
Speaker 2: Yeah about the White Sox.
Speaker 4: White Sox are number eighteen.
Speaker 1: Oh many? That is.
Speaker 3: Hey, you've been through, You've been through.
Speaker 2: The old Team's one more team that are you trying to think of? Who can ow the team?
Speaker 1: Uncle? Creative Accents is saying that we need Caddy in Texas to call in because she knows about sports. Caddy in Texas must call in, So call in.
Speaker 2: Okay, Colleen, call in.
Speaker 4: Come on.
Speaker 2: I'm a little I'm stunning. Yeah, I'm stunning here and need some.
Speaker 3: Hill Caddy in Texas. Come on, maybe you can help out.
Speaker 4: I mean, I don't know.
Speaker 2: How you want to go, but I'm honest.
Speaker 3: I got one more I got one more guessing game to play with Uncle on this if he wants to keep going. But I want to see if you can get either nine or ten. And we've had three guesses now and they're all message guys, and they came together by committee.
Speaker 4: Here, So go ahead.
Speaker 1: I knew what about the I don't want to say this, but I'll say it.
Speaker 2: What about the Atlanta Braves?
Speaker 3: And Aaron just hit number nine?
Speaker 2: Nine? It could have been the Braeves. It couldn't been. It is the Braves. They've had a game. It was way back. They tried and tried and tried and they couldn't win. But they did win one game.
Speaker 4: Well, this is World.
Speaker 10: Series, they.
Speaker 2: Were, but not but they haven't won the World Series.
Speaker 3: But this doesn't win.
Speaker 2: But they won the eighty five World Series.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but but uncle, this isn't wins. This is just appearances in the World Series. Right, But Braves is number nine, So you got number nine. There's only one left here on the top ten.
Speaker 2: Number nine.
Speaker 3: Number nine is the Braves.
Speaker 4: Yeah, after the coach.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they had years and don't forget they played in Milwaukee before that.
Speaker 12: Now.
Speaker 3: I don't know what the record was, but they had a lot of years.
Speaker 4: They're an old old team.
Speaker 2: Oh wait a minute, that's the team.
Speaker 4: One more old team.
Speaker 2: Come on, what have been? What about the the Brewers.
Speaker 3: Let's see the Brewers way down there.
Speaker 4: Waiting.
Speaker 3: I'm waiting for it to unlock. Past twenty five here, they're way past twenty five.
Speaker 2: Sorry Milwaukee, Milwauk.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but I have no wonder they drink? What the ti No, the Tigers? Remember a number seven here? Let me tell you the top Yeah, let me tell you the top nine again, so you know which teams you can't pick. The Yankees, the Dodgers, the Giants, the Cardinals, Athletics, Red Sox, number seven, Tigers, number eight, Cubs, number nine, Braves, what's number ten?
Speaker 2: Sick? In fact? The baseball to think of all these baseball games.
Speaker 3: Well, somebody, okay, I'm gonna help you here. Somebody guessed it earlier when I was looking for like number six or five or something. Ohios, the Orioles, that's a pretty good guess.
Speaker 4: They are number twelve.
Speaker 2: Oh me, let me see, yeah see.
Speaker 4: On the right track to old teams. You need an old team.
Speaker 3: Matter of fact, I'm surprised that Aaron is not getting this one.
Speaker 2: Oh you would not get it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm not. I'm not putting thought into this.
Speaker 2: I need to. I need to let us start thinking. Put the heads, put the blind together. There.
Speaker 1: I don't know how old the team is. How old is the Toronto Blue Jays Blue Jays. Wait wait, wait, wait the other bird t yea, yeah, they're new. Let's go with the other bird team, the Cardinals, Lewis, Yes, okay, throw that out there.
Speaker 4: Hold it, hold up.
Speaker 3: The Blue Jays are number twenty four, just so you know, okay.
Speaker 2: About the Continals, the Cardinals.
Speaker 12: I'm just looking at the standings baseball standing what I already said, Cincinnati? How about Pittsburgh?
Speaker 1: Uh yeah, but here's the thing.
Speaker 3: You didn't guess Cincinnati during this part. It is the red Cincinnati Reds. That's number ten.
Speaker 1: Oh no, I.
Speaker 12: Know, I said, I called it up way up there. I know. Yeah, I remember you said somebody said it earlier, but I thought you said. I thought I heard you say. Maybe it was a different way. Oh no, the Reds are number fifteen.
Speaker 3: But no, well maybe I heard that.
Speaker 2: Remember, and you got in the middle of that. You that was your damn number.
Speaker 3: Number you missed.
Speaker 2: That's you miss number ten. Number that you missed, number ten. I'm telling you because now I didn't even talk on Cincinnati number fifteen.
Speaker 12: Is I thought they were a little higher up.
Speaker 4: No number fIF you know, just because.
Speaker 12: Cincinnati's I believe that the oldest team in baseball Yeah.
Speaker 2: They weren't night. So I thought, well, they got to be.
Speaker 12: In there somewhere.
Speaker 2: I kept saying, think on Johnny Bench.
Speaker 12: But no, the man I loved him when I was a kid.
Speaker 3: But uncle, we're talking about when they didn't even have baseball helmets, when they still had a soft hat and it was made of leather and the things are made of wool. We're talking about you know, Black Sox days. We're talking about Babe Ruth was still alive. Okay, anyway, Yeah, the Indians are number fifteen. The Indians are okay, or the you know today the Commanders or whatever.
Speaker 4: But yeah, anyways, there we.
Speaker 2: Got a little history there and they gone, we got baseball's history started. That's pretty good.
Speaker 4: And just for the record, the Mets are number seventeen, just so you know.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well cluse back back and then back watch, you know.
Speaker 4: Yeah, nineteen sixty two.
Speaker 3: They came into existence in sixty two.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's not so bad for that.
Speaker 12: Yeah, so they missed a lot of years, right, sure.
Speaker 3: But you know who's ahead of them, which I find funny is the Astros.
Speaker 2: Oh you mean the Cheetahs cheat.
Speaker 3: Yeah, number sixteen. But they came into existence at a weird time. I think they were. I'm thinking they were the Seattle Pilots or something before that. Who was the Seattle Pilots or maybe they became the Rangers. I don't some Texas team was the Seattle Pilots at one point.
Speaker 4: I think.
Speaker 2: Pilots. No, that's not titled. I did not know that one that was.
Speaker 12: I didn't know the Pilots were short lived. Right, You got to read that book Ball four. You read read all about them in there. That's a great book if you if you haven't ever read a baseball book, one of the more well known ones, dude, All four Ball four. It's called I can't think of the author's name not coming to.
Speaker 2: Me right now, So then why do you think about this?
Speaker 3: Yeah, the Pilots existed for a single season, uncle, in nineteen sixty nine.
Speaker 4: No kidding, so season.
Speaker 3: Yeah, if you go to Wikipedia tells you the Seattle Pilots were an American professional baseball team based in Seattle, Washington, during the nineteen sixty nine Major League Baseball season. During their single season existence, the Pilots played their home games at six Stadium and were a member of the West Division of the Major League Baseball's American League. On April first, April Fool's Day, nineteen seventy, the franchise moved to Milwaukee, Wisconsin and became the Milwaukee Brewers.
Speaker 4: That's who they became, the Brewers.
Speaker 2: Ah okayo came from. That's the team.
Speaker 3: They were the Seattle Pilots.
Speaker 1: Yes, y public, they went to Milwaukee. Okay, So the Brewers aren't that.
Speaker 3: They brought them to Milwaukee to replace the fact that Milwaukee lost the Braves, just like the Mets were replacement teams, so New York could have a National League team again because you guys took the Dodgers and the Giants, so they gave them the Giants orange and y and Dodger blue. Put it together, Mets. That's how they got their blue and orange and y and all that.
Speaker 2: I smart there, ed you better be listening to my by. He knows about baseball. I mean, you know, that's literally anything about that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they literally that, they literally.
Speaker 12: Because I've read a lot of Dodger literature and baseball literature from back you know, the the Heyday, you know, the post Warriors and stuff, and uh yeah yeah, but they you know, because those teams are really loved by the people back there and so so throw a little of each color on the new team and see if they come.
Speaker 4: You got it. That's basically what they did. Yep.
Speaker 2: And that was the try to It.
Speaker 3: Was trying to piece both the New York Giants and and Dodger fans. That's why it was crazy when the New York Mets basically bought Willie Mays because the New York Mets brought Willie Mays from Yeah, no kidding, but they got him from the Giants for for like a year and a half, brought him to New York and he got into a World Series with the Mets that was I think against the Oakland A's in Yeah, yeah.
Speaker 12: Yeah, I was. I wouldn't what year was that. I remember that that was sixty nine, right.
Speaker 3: No, it was either seventy one or seventy two.
Speaker 12: That we're talking about after that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, no, it was after the Miracle Mets.
Speaker 12: Willie Mays was early seventies. Yeah, early seventies. Yeah, seventy let me say, willis in a met you know, and then I got to see him play because I heard so much about him, you know, and I was still little. It's like a ten or eleventh I think it was early seventies, like maybe seventy three or something.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm gonna get it, but I know they made He made an appearance in the World Series against the Oakland A's I remember that. Uncle Willie Mays played for the New York Mets from nineteen seventy two to nineteen seventy three.
Speaker 12: Mm hmm, yeah, that's my time for I think let's think that's it.
Speaker 2: That's it.
Speaker 3: I was born in seventy two, so uncle Cleena accidents had.
Speaker 12: To learn about that from you know reading.
Speaker 1: Yep, this is important. We need to do more text to speech or speech to text tweets on Twitter from I've been running.
Speaker 2: All over the place I kicked. I've been asking you. You're the one with the machine. You want in here looking, and here we are.
Speaker 4: I got you ed.
Speaker 3: You want a funny detail about that William Mason so X so X that.
Speaker 2: Blame him, Well you left. I'm getting blamed right now. I'm getting blame. I like this.
Speaker 3: So May eleven, nineteen seventy two, Mays was traded for to the New York Mets for picture Charlie Williams and an undisclosed amount of money.
Speaker 4: Rumored to be one hundred thousand dollars. The Mets agreed to keep.
Speaker 3: His salary at one hundred and sixty five thousand dollars a year for nineteen seventy two and nineteen seventy three, promising to pay with May's fifty a year for ten years after he retired. That's exactly what the deal was with the Mets.
Speaker 1: Wow.
Speaker 2: Eight.
Speaker 12: You know, Dodgers tried to trade Jackie Robinson to h to the of all teams, the Giants after the fifty seventh season, when they were moving out West, Jackie said, what the hell are they talking about? Man, I'm gonna I've hated those guys my whole baseballker. Now I'm going to go play for them. I'm just going to retire.
Speaker 2: That's probably immediately tire, right.
Speaker 12: Yeah, he retired after that season. He was getting older anyway. But yeah, they were going to try to trade it. They were going to trade him to the Giants.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and then the Mets return Mays to the Giants for I think his last year, so he could go out one last year there with the Giants.
Speaker 4: I think that's that's true, at least part of the season.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Yeah, yeah, that could be.
Speaker 9: I don't.
Speaker 12: I didn't know that. That sounds like what they would do. Somebody came back and signed a single day contract so they could retire as that team when they go into Hall of Fame or some I I can't remember who it was though, just recently.
Speaker 1: Single take contract.
Speaker 2: Did you know, did.
Speaker 12: Any wanted to retire with the team he played most of his career with?
Speaker 4: You know what, I think some of that wrong? Yeah, that too, I'm actually wronged.
Speaker 3: His last official game was with the New York Mets, and they they The thing that I'm thinking of is that he returned for like a Willie May's day at the stadium and they put him in a uniform again and you know, let him be there. But officially he actually retired to the New York Met. Yeah, I didn't know that.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 12: Maybe that what I'm talking about is a newer trend that these guys will go and sign a one day thing to retire with their you know, their original team. They played a long time with us them.
Speaker 2: You know, and the pitt was passed away.
Speaker 4: Yes, I did you know? He made it all?
Speaker 12: Yeah. I was going to bring that up in a space down that's yeah. Eighty three years old. Man. Now there's a guy should be in the Hall of Fame, but he isn't.
Speaker 4: I bet you he gets in now and you never got to see that, right.
Speaker 3: I bet you'll get in now though, because they'll say, you know what, it was a lifetime band.
Speaker 4: Let him in now.
Speaker 12: I bet yeah, yeah, I bet he'll get it. I don't care how surly a guy he is. I think Barry Bonds ought to be in there too. You know, he'd have been in there anyways even if he didn't.
Speaker 9: You.
Speaker 3: Yeah, well, both sad part, right. I mean, he should have made it even without juicing, but.
Speaker 12: We would have made it without it.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 12: He may not have hit seventy home runs in one year, but he was still one of the best players there ever was.
Speaker 3: I bet you Mark McGuire would have made it Hall of Fame, yeah.
Speaker 4: I bet you McGuire would have made it without juicing too.
Speaker 11: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 12: A lot of these guys and some of those guys, it was not illegal when they were starting to do it, right, there was no ban against it.
Speaker 1: I forgot about that part. Yeah, yeah, so they.
Speaker 4: Were What do you think about the steroids uncle, the.
Speaker 9: Early guys McGuire and uh it's it's almost like it's almost like they football players going in.
Speaker 2: And getting hyped up to come back out about the same thing.
Speaker 12: You know, these guys aren't allowed in the Hall of Fame, but they're gonna let the Astros keep their World Series flag up.
Speaker 3: See now that I think should be taken from seventeen.
Speaker 4: That should be.
Speaker 2: That's that one when they cheated.
Speaker 12: That's right, that's the one that when they got caught cheating. Yeah, they should have had to lower that flag. Let him keep the rings so they can explain it to their grandkids.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, that's good.
Speaker 12: Well there's no flag over the stadium for that year. Yeah, son, you read about it later.
Speaker 3: Yeah, how come they the street book doesn't say the Astros one one that year, Grandpa exactly.
Speaker 12: Yeah, they should. They don't get to buy the flag or keep the trophy. They did take the truphy, you know, wherever they did at the park.
Speaker 2: They did take the trophy. Went, didn't he.
Speaker 12: No, No, they didn't do anything. They punished some low level management.
Speaker 4: Right, that's all.
Speaker 3: Just like I was talking to somebody recently about how they should, you know, add in the Negro league stats, just add them in and put a note.
Speaker 4: That's it, you know what I mean, it's part.
Speaker 12: Of it that I'm just use that asterisk we hear about exactly, you know too for a lot, like to say the guys that you know, Yeah, these guys are considered they they were using performance enhancing substances, you know, have that as the asterisk, but they still should be there. I think put a.
Speaker 3: Little put a little end for the negro league, put a little syringe for the juicers, all.
Speaker 12: Right, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and Pete Rose gets his own little marker.
Speaker 1: That's how specially it is. That's funny.
Speaker 12: Yeah, with the number of his final tally of hits is on the marker.
Speaker 2: The Pete Rose. You put it in the piano, didn't he? Yeah, it was something like that. Yeah. Yeah, he has the record, I believe.
Speaker 4: Yeah. I think nobody, nobody's even come close to breaking it, right.
Speaker 6: Not the hood.
Speaker 2: Haven't heard anything yet. I haven't heard anything yet.
Speaker 12: These guys nowadays, it doesn't seem like they can stay healthy long enough to break those career records. They all get they all go down sooner, you know, right nineteen with injuries and stuff.
Speaker 3: Rose the Cincinnati native and played nineteen seasons and uh he got four two and fifty six hits in his career, Yeah, four thousand.
Speaker 12: Heat off and played every game of the season. I mean you know when.
Speaker 2: Cincinnati win Cincinnati.
Speaker 3: Yeah, there was a there is a games he.
Speaker 2: Played Cincinnati and and he worked with a guy in the county. Now, I used to sing a lot, and he's kept on talking about Cincinnati because that was his team, of course, and they'd just going back and forth, back and forth and back and forth. Now I'm wondering how he feels now what happened at Boons.
Speaker 4: When I was a kid. At one point, I remember him playing with.
Speaker 3: The Phillies Pete Rose, because he was, you know, closer to home then for me.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he did play. Did he play with them? Mona? They played with Mania.
Speaker 12: A player manager? Was that where he did that?
Speaker 3: He was a player manager with the Reds, player manager with the Reds, but he was he was Yeah, I don't remember if he was a player manager.
Speaker 2: With the Phillies.
Speaker 12: He was the player manager with the Reds.
Speaker 3: Definitely with the Reds. But I'm trying to check and see about if he did it. You know, where else did he play besides the red because I know he played in Philly, and something tells me he was an expo briefly.
Speaker 4: Let me let me check on that.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, the xpo.
Speaker 12: Now I can see him in an expo uniform.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I think he was like for a minute. Maybe it was like his last year or something.
Speaker 4: I don't know.
Speaker 1: He rose history. Where's he been?
Speaker 2: Really? Where has he gone?
Speaker 12: You guys? The squirrels doing down there?
Speaker 2: Maybe he was schools. I haven't seen him. I haven't seen a.
Speaker 12: Lot of squirrel I forgot to tell you, guys, but I already sent Chuck an email. October is squirrel awareness month, just so you know, Yes it is.
Speaker 2: Yeah, already, stay away from my man. Well, what do you call it? Pomegrantage, I'm going to be camping.
Speaker 1: I we could be aware of them, but they need to be aware of our agenda with saving the Pomeran.
Speaker 2: Yeah, aman, check this out.
Speaker 3: Cincinnati Reds from nineteen sixty three to nineteen seventy eight, and he goes to Philadelphia in nineteen seventy nine. I told you I was a kid, and plays there until eighty three. In nineteen eighty four, he went to the Montreal Exposed briefly briefly, then in nineteen eighty four, he goes back.
Speaker 12: I can see him sitting in a dugout in an exposed somehow that come came to my memory.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he did play for the Expos. Let's see the nineteen eighty four Major. They see nineteen eighty four Major, but started with a nine game winning streak by the eventual World Series champion Detroit Tigers. Okay, anyways, but Montreal he played there, Yeah, only part of the nineteen eighty four season. What year was the was the strike?
Speaker 2: Oh? Yeah? Oh because.
Speaker 4: Eighty one?
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 3: In nineteen eighty four, though, he returns to the Cincinnati Reds. Now here's what's funny about this. If you go down on his list, it says as manager. So he plays with the Cincinnati Reds from eighty four to eighty six. Okay, then in Cincinnati though he is the manager from eighty four again to eighty nine. So he does three years as just manager for the Reds. But from eighty four to eighty six he's manager and player, and like I said, just with a brief stop in Montreal there so the Phillies traded into Montreal. I guess or he got signed him on I'm not sure. That went, but somehow or other he ended up going to Montreal just for eighty part of eighty four.
Speaker 4: There you go.
Speaker 1: Okay, that's Pete Rose's professional history.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it too, but that's after fifteen years.
Speaker 2: Yeah, fifteen years with the Reds.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, fifteen years with the Reds, four years with the Phillies, quick stop in Montreal, and then the remaining uh, let's see, five years and some of those as player manager, two of them at least as player manager, and back in Cincinnati. That's what you're thinking of, is when he went back to Cincinnati and he's player and manager.
Speaker 4: At the same time. Although a little bit, you know, something tells me.
Speaker 3: The Expos tried that too, or we're gonna and then he got moved over there.
Speaker 4: I'm not sure, you know, uncle, I think we're.
Speaker 1: At the end of the show.
Speaker 2: Let's get it. We get Jimmy, Jimmy back on.
Speaker 3: If he's still there, Let's make sure he's still there. Hold on with that shoutout, shout out, yeah, let's see if we still want Jimmy here.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Jimmy still here.
Speaker 2: Want me to put him on the air. Okay, that shout out?
Speaker 4: All right?
Speaker 3: So there both on and then the shout outs up to you.
Speaker 4: Okay, here you are.
Speaker 2: Uh, what do you think about all this baseball and there? Jimmy, I mean yeah, Jimmy, Oh yeah, shut out. Oh so I'm glad that your team's in there, Jimmy. So now we're gonna I'm going looking at this team. Somebody knew is what I like about baseball series? Yeah? Oh okay, then you started you stought yours what hello? Oh go ahead?
Speaker 1: All right?
Speaker 11: Uh his torch, You're hearing all this baseball trivia and not being able to participate.
Speaker 2: That's what I was sure. I can't tune it off. I don't understand him because it again.
Speaker 3: Man, listen, uncle, I put him on hold because you told me to.
Speaker 4: I was following.
Speaker 2: No, no, no, no, I said, well I didn't know that could go Dodger. You can have Magers World Series there, Sorry about that?
Speaker 11: Oh yeah, well you know.
Speaker 2: We're going to have a party about baseball this year. You just I got me something to think about and and and Jimmy, we're both gonna talk baseball come this end of the season. How does that sound.
Speaker 12: All right?
Speaker 11: That sounds I could play and got called into.
Speaker 9: Yeah, you go call into I'm gonna try definitely.
Speaker 11: Okay, then okay, I got my final shout out is uh?
Speaker 2: I don't know he did he.
Speaker 12: Come on man?
Speaker 11: Uh quick bugging the guy? He said he was sorry.
Speaker 3: How about this Jimmy James and the uh and creative accidents of the executive producers?
Speaker 4: Uncle tonight, how about that Grey did a.
Speaker 2: Good shout out? Shot?
Speaker 1: No, no, no, that's appreciated everybody.
Speaker 2: Okay, So, Ed, what about you? Do you have shout outs?
Speaker 12: Hey, I'm gonna I'm gonna give mine h p R Pete Rose Man because as a kid, he gave me a lot of joy watching him play, you know, as a ten eleven year old kid man. He uh yeah, he rocked my boat man. So shout out to Pete Rose greyful.
Speaker 1: All right, Well, thank you for calling both Ed and Jimmy. It's great, great to have you. We will have you again anytime we call. So thank you everybody.
Speaker 12: All right, good night you guys.
Speaker 1: Uh uncle, do you have a shout out?
Speaker 2: One day in the shout out, I didn't want one shout out and I was interested in a pirate? What are you laughing at? A pirate?
Speaker 4: Which is a pirate?
Speaker 2: Who was that number thirty nine played for the Pirates.
Speaker 1: Oh a, one of the players that played for the Pittsburgh Pirates are shouting out to him right way? Oh gosh, I can't think.
Speaker 2: Do you remember that name? His name? Yeah, I can't remember the Pirates Stars. I wouldn't know it if I heard it, but he had. But he's the one that gave out the stars on the helmets on the hands.
Speaker 1: Okay, so his idea was the stars on helmets. Yeah, all right, well the pirate Uh so, uh.
Speaker 3: You're talking about Willie Starr.
Speaker 2: His name was you're talking about will stars with them?
Speaker 1: Was it?
Speaker 4: Dave Parker? Dave Parker?
Speaker 3: I think so you're talking old star, old Pirate stars.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he was an old player and he played for the all. Shout out, shut out to him.
Speaker 3: That's back when Pittsburgh did the whole thing. We are family, dun dud and I used to dance.
Speaker 2: Heads.
Speaker 3: Hey the seventies here, I forgot about them.
Speaker 2: Shout out to him and the tame done Pittsburgh.
Speaker 1: I'll just give a quick shout out to Sally Doll and Creative Accents for being in the chat. Creative Accents asked if we're doing a VHS watch party tomorrow. We were saying at the heads of the show, we're gonna do probably a video game stream, but it might be later in the day due to soccer season, and if we don't make it, it's because the day got all busy and wait us. But we're gonna try to do a video game one uh sometime tomorrow. So watch the streams at YouTube, at Twitter, x at Instagram, press the button at Uncle Podcasts.
Speaker 3: Hey, by the way, real quick, just to let everybody know, Uncle's absolutely right. He was number thirty nine, and he was partially responsible for the unique design on the nineteen seventies rollouts of various pirate uniforms and special costumes. No, I'm just letting people know in case they were too young.
Speaker 2: That's the one thing I knew about.
Speaker 3: In case they're too young to know about this guy. In case they're too young to know about this uncle. This is in the seventies when I was a little kid.
Speaker 2: You know, baby, that's true. Yeah, okay, you know you learned a lot. And then my niece now is working for a company that works for them. Well that's something to think.
Speaker 4: Very very cool.
Speaker 2: Yes, yes, yeah, place place for them that's true.
Speaker 1: Yes, that's it, but that's the story for another day.
Speaker 2: That Uncle.
Speaker 1: This is the end of the show. I think Uncle theepodcast dot com. We're live every Friday on a chili dot com, but might just bring us home for the week.
Speaker 2: Unfle h thirty seven in the books, So see you next week. Bye bye,