Speaker 1: Is the CaCO Day radio program. I think why I want it to be done is because everything's yellow. Yeah, and nobody should have I think that in North Carolina, the first week where everything's covered in you know, yellow should be a state holiday because like your brain scrambled, you're tired, you're sneezing, sneezing season whatever, Like who's with me on ros You're with me?
Speaker 2: No.
Speaker 3: I open up the door this morning at like three am to take the trash out, like pulling it out. Yeah, before I go to work, and I noticed, I'm like, what is on top of the trash can. I'm like, what is this? I'm like, oh no, and I drive, you know, I bring it in to the curb. Look at the car. Yeah, my white vehicle is this yellow. And I'm like, this is why I've had I've been so tired the past two days.
Speaker 1: Yes.
Speaker 3: Yes, it's like when you're right, you're like, oh, it's gonna rain because my bone's hurt. Same same thing. You're like, I just want to sleep and I don't understand why.
Speaker 1: Now, when you were younger, did you ever kind of like for a moment, like you know, people go, I have a bad knee. I know it's gonna snow, right, And I remember thinking, I don't want a bad knee, but I'd love to be able to like predict snow for her her rain for a few days. And that I mean, we got Ray to do that. So we're a little spoiled.
Speaker 3: But that's like a horrible X Men power. But it's a power. It's still a power. Okay, it's still a power. And we live in a time when the higher ups. Big brother doesn't want you to have superpowers. I will prove that to you today.
Speaker 1: So yeah, yeah, have you got a you gotta know you got to you know, uh uh, you know, a fake rotator cuff or what you know, whatever, You wouldn't have a fake rotator, but you know what I mean, right, Like, so if and if that thing aches three days before it rains, that's still a power. You're still good to go there. But yeah, I you know, I don't think people should be expected to achieve anything during the first week of pollen in North Carolina. I know that it obviously harasses some of you the whole time. That's my normal adjustment, right, I'm not sure ross do you adjust into it or do you just sneeze the whole time. I'm not a clarity and guy, I've never seen you poping like clarity. I do that.
Speaker 3: No, yes, I do?
Speaker 1: Oh do Yeah you've never seen it?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I know at home before I come in.
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay, all right, because.
Speaker 3: Otherwise I can't function.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, here's the thing. It's awful. And this is just specific to me or maybe another you know, special needs autism parent feels it. But Lincoln has a serious issue with sneezes because it's a sudden, loud noise, sure jarring. So when I have to force myself not to sneeze, and it's it's painful. So like when I have to sneeze, I literally, did you squeeze the bridge of your nose and it'll make the sneeze go away. It's awful. Like if I sneeze randomly, I'll have a kid crying for two hours.
Speaker 1: I want shit, don't burst though, I mean pain.
Speaker 3: You're dealing with this.
Speaker 1: Suck you ever, you ever? You ever not sneezed or did like that half sneeze and then other things happened. I don't know if I can get into.
Speaker 3: This on the that is not happened to me, you know, No, okay, all right, like from the other end. Yeah, no, like you're you're gonna burst do my roommate did that really? My roommate in uh Santa in Santa Barbara. There's no coming back from that. You gotta move.
Speaker 1: It was near Cinco to my Oh, that's okay, dude. He never to this day. I would call him. I would call I would call him if if if I was to call him, I would remind him of that because we told him were like because because he was the dude who would like never let.
Speaker 3: Anything die, right, right, So he did it to himself.
Speaker 1: So when that when that unfortunate incident occurred.
Speaker 3: Hey, you remember when you pooped yourself poop Gate?
Speaker 1: Uh yeah, yeh, it's it's even verse is he did it in the hot tub hot oh dude. Yeah, this is why it rose to the level of you we will It was like it was like nine to eleven in the sense that we will never forget, right, Like obviously this is pre nine to eleven kind of, but that was the language we used with him, and so when I I this is some of you're gonna get mad whatever. When nine to eleven rolled around, and that kind of became the language. You know, never forget, we never forget, Like I remember screwing with that dude. I'm like, they adopted your slogan because that's what we would say. And I think it was prompted off of Ah, what was there was some incident that there was some incident that happened in Santa Barbara, a bunch of people got killed, and then they would use that language and it just unfortunately, unfortunately coincided with the sneeze slash hot tub poop gate.
Speaker 3: So now you're gonna be like one day, like giving a speech in his eulogy, gonna have to tell the story.
Speaker 1: Oh my gosh, yes, yes.
Speaker 3: And then there was this one time.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he's a he is a muckety muck within the Los Angeles Fire Department. Now, his his dad was like a chief, one of the one of the chiefs up there. He just so he kind of followed in the footsteps. But it's like, I wonder if all the dudes he works with. No, I've had this conversation with one of my former roommates. We're like, I'll just leave it alone. He's a night like. We like him obviously, but yeah, yeah, that was that was the whole thing. Man, All right, there we go. Uh eight eight eight nine three four seven eight seven before did you see this email from race stagic this morning? This is the proble we're about to run into ross. Did you see this email from race stage? Yeah?
Speaker 3: Yeah, and I figured it all out of spine.
Speaker 1: No no, no no, but look at the date. Look at the date that he says.
Speaker 3: I already deleted it, so have to find a holda It.
Speaker 1: Says, Hey, guys, we're moving over to a new audio delivery platform or next Tuesday, April first. I don't know that I can believed. Yeah, you can't. Here's the deal. You can't do anything of substance on April first and tell people you're doing it. I'm not going to invest the emotional energy to believe that you're telling the truth because I don't want to get tricked. So, I mean, it sounds all technical, and I understand. I don't know if you guys. When Ray was out, we had the other filling guys and they were on the phone. It's because of this weird technical thing going on, which shockingly, you know, we never have technical stuff around these parts. So yeah, but you can't. You can't plan anything for April first, because nobody believes you, so tell Ray I didn't. We're not falling for it. All right, I'm gonna send an email here in the next break. We'll let them know. By the way, I got to correct something yesterday. Ross. You remember on the show yesterday, what right at the end of the show I mentioned that they were talking about killing the bar down there in South Africa and like genociding white people and that's that's not cool. Remember when I mentioned that right at the end of the show. Well, the South African Supreme Court is ruled. It's just a struggle song and they don't mean it, so we're all good. Yeah, it's which is weird because there are a lot of quote unquote struggle songs, slave hymnals, things, you know, historically here in the US, and none of them were like kill the white people, right, So I mean we had to wait for Eddie Murphy to do that on SNL like back in the day. So I don't know, but I am wondering if perhaps maybe the Supreme Court down there might be a little bias here. So but anyway, I just saw this this morning. Yeah, I mean this would be from the SNL skin, which is great if you don't know, is it. Eddie Murphy is a reggae band in the BFW in ess to Town. Yeah, we had noses on the ground. That's unfortunate. I played my father, bitch. I don't know, mama.
Speaker 4: The shit.
Speaker 1: That show was a bitch.
Speaker 5: No no, no's fine, struggle, sun my red.
Speaker 1: And a capitalism all in all in one man.
Speaker 3: That doesn't make me feel good.
Speaker 1: Well, no, no, no. But here's the thing. Context matters. Obviously, Eddie Murphy wasn't advocating for killing all the white people. He was trying to make a joke to entertain, which is literally a comment that I saw somebody point out, which made this whole segment possible. In response to the BBC's coverage of this story, which I emailed myself this morning, and they're like, well, are you saying Eddie Murphy mentet when they were saying kill the white people? And I'm like, one great reference, we just talked about it on the show recently. Two, you're an idiot and you're a dishonest one. They are not trying to It's not an SNL skit down there. It's one of the major political parties at their like gathering. They're not doing comedy. But hey, the Supreme Court ruled it's just a struggle song. It's fine, and BBC dutifully reported it. Yeah here it is white genocide in South Africa. Court rules claims not real because the reporter has not apparently no ability to report on their own. That's just crazy. And by the way, I looked it up reporter super white dude. So hope that works out for you. Bro. You got a little bit of a problem there, all right, Boston Paul, Boston Paul hasn't been listening to the show. That dude has sent me links to stories that we thoroughly covered on the air a couple times here recently. Do better, Boston Paul, Do better? All right? Six seventeen CaCO Day Radio program. Lots to get into this morning. How many of you own YETI stuff Ross, You have any Yetti coolers or tumblers? Maybe the cups?
Speaker 3: Yeah? I think Marky has like twenty or thirty of the cups. I just we have a cabinet. When you open it it's nothing but cups, like giant cups.
Speaker 1: It's the YETI uh, well, you're gonna have to figure out what you're gonna do, because apparently that seems to be where conservatives are key in their next boycott. I'll take a weight and see on this, like if they have a history history although of just not wanting to do anything political. But the problem is clearly that's not true, and I'll explain why. But apparently YETI didn't want to because they'll do custom mugs for you. And by the way, here's the deal. Don't call the show and go wow. If your only point is you know Yeti's just overpriced, anyone who buys YETI stuff would be stupid. Let me explain. Let me let me I like, I knew YETI before you knew Yetti. If I could just go hipster for a moment, I'll explain what I mean by that. But also, look, I have YETI. I have one of those soft sided YETI coolers, a soft sided cooler, and it's kind of amazing. It's really like I take that thing camping up in the up and you like go up to Price Lake or whatever, and you're blowing rock there and you could fill this thing with ice and this is again, this is the soft side cooler. Or or I could take it out on a boat down at like topsail or whatever for like a day and a half and the thing's still chugging ice in there. Okay, so it's fine, and if people want to buy it, that was fine. However, now we're going to dip into the world of politics because apparently there was an incident, so we'll get to we'll get to that coming up. And Jasmine Crockett, Oh lord, and I'm about halfway on this. I you know, there's there's a there's people that are going full outrage machine here and and from a hypocrisy standpoint, I get it. But also she's almost so dumb I don't care what she says, right, because if you shut her up, then you don't have her near an election run in her mouth, So, like I would, I feel like they need to temper what they're attempting. They're going to attempt to do to her here in the next two days, if only to keep her around as a shining example of Oh lord, I don't want to be associated with that. And I'll explain coming up, Casey O Day Radio program. We're glad to have you along here on uh blow your brains out, trying not to sneeze Paullen Wednesday. So yeah, you know, I feel like it's winter where I'm like, hey, save some extra time this morning to scrape your car your windshield because it's it's covered.
Speaker 3: Yeah. The boss is like, have you been huffing paint? Like, no, it's pollen, dude.
Speaker 1: Well, to be fair, he has you have gold sparkles all over your face like that dude in the mugshot.
Speaker 3: Yeah, no, no, it's pollen.
Speaker 1: Oh it's pollen. Okay, all right, why does it have glitter in it? It's it's it's dude, it's really bad pollen.
Speaker 3: It's bad. Today's so spark the.
Speaker 1: Wake forest pollen is extra glittery, is what's going on? I would not know, all right, So that'd be the way that would actually be worse, wouldn't you know how glitter You can't get glitter out of anything, right, So like if can you imagine pollen but it also had like a glitter component.
Speaker 3: Oh my gosh, you'd have to move. You know, friends that live in different parts of the country. When I show them photos of the pollen here, Oh yeah, they think it's photoshop. They don't believe it's real.
Speaker 1: No, no, no, no, no, they can't even I remember this was years ago. I was scraping. Yeah, for whatever reason, it was just like the perfect combination of all the pollen. It hadn't been windy for a couple of days or whatever, but then the pollen was ready to go. So now it's all built up. And I literally was out there with the you know, the ice scraper thing you keep in your car, and it was just rolling like it looked like cloth, just rolling the pollen off of the windshield. Because yeah, you can, you can hit it with your windshield wiper, but if there's a bunch of it, you're not really getting it. So do yourself a favor and try to get some of it off there, because I don't like what it gets down in the engine and like the vents and all that stuff down there. So but it was like it was like coming off like I was scraping. I don't even know how to describe it. Like it was just it was it looked like cloth. It looked like a yellow cloth that I could just peel off of there. So yeah, so depending on where you are, that's uh, that's your morning. Enjoy yourself, all right. So I mentioned this, So yesterday we we had some discussion here on the show, little Chatty little chat about a bill that was proposed to spend five hundred thousand dollars on a feasibility study for a wrestling museum, the Pro Wrestling Museum, and they would determine I guess with that whether it was financially viable, whether you know where it should go. Even though we figured that out on the show that all the mayors across North Carolina who want this in their community should gather and we'll do a you know, a royal rumble kind of thing and then whoever, whoever wins, boom, you get the museum. All right, So we had some fun with it, but some people that you one of the things you learned doing this and if you ever listened to Limbaugh, what would Limbaugh call them? And call him the stick to the issues crowd, right like that is a constant thing in my email, and sometimes I make fun of it on the air. Sometimes I don't if you guys haven't figured out and I mean this with all respect, Ross and I are going to do what we're going to do, okay, within within bounds. Obviously, you know, we got FCC rags, we got bosses, to answer to. But if we want to talk about we're going to talk about it. And and I welcome your suggestions as long as you're being polite.
Speaker 3: But she used to do it with football and people get pissed. But listen, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, Yes, there's human beings and we have things we enjoy other than politics.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And I think that that's what it like without getting into the details. If if you in your mind imagined what this audience looks like, just basing it off what you think normal talk radio audiences look like, you would be wrong. And I do you remember the first time ross that we were seeing some of these the weird the numbers that we see right now, and then like Trevor was explaining the demographics to us, Yeah, how weird that sounded.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it was weird to them. I didn't think it's weird because you see this when it comes to spoken word or podcast there are people like the long form sort of just discussions about things that are in your life.
Speaker 1: This is this is a younger audience than you think it is. It is a hip or audience. It is it covers a demographic and it's great. I love it. And and so why you know, if it ain't broke, don't fix it. But inevitably I get the emails. I remember the guy was was he yesterday or Monday? The guy was all mad because we were talking about video games. It was Monday, except we were talking about video games in the context of political stuff too, right. So I get all these emails and like, ah, Kyle was talking about the Ric Flair Act there and we were having clearly we were having fun with it. I'm like, oh, it's great. And then there's one stick in the mud. It's like, oh, I can't believe your news department is non biased and they're promoting this thing I want. Yeah, I got better of you, guys man, And so I'm petty. I'm really petty on this stuff. So thank you, sir. Now I'm going to play his newscast again so that it gets extra oop because he's making a joke and you need to shut your face hole. It'll be okay. Either they're gonna spend the money or they're not. Do I think it's a good expenditure. I don't know. I don't know. As I've always cringed at these feasibility studies because if you don't know this when governments do projects like they always do these feasibility studies, and some of these studies are like they could pay millions of dollars for some of them if it's a big project. And I guess it's the way that you go about this, but it always seemed like extortive to me, Like these companies just just do studies and you get a half million dollars. And I know it's more complex than that, but still so. But sometimes all you can do is joke about it. But some guy got so butt hurt and I didn't hear when Kyle said it. So I had to text Kyle, yes Sam, like what the hell did you say? Cause I got a bunch of people, and I, you know, sometimes I get stuff about what Kyle says most of the excuse me. Most of the time it's one here, one there. I got like five emails yesterday, people got I almost died. It was hilarious. So I had to have Kyle send it to me. I'm like, what the hell did you say? And he was happy to send it to me. So this is what he said. And for you who don't I like it, now you're causing it to get played again. So this is on you.
Speaker 6: North Carolina's professional wrestling history was the subject of action Monday in the General Assembly.
Speaker 7: A bill in the North Carolina Senate looks to spend half a million dollars to examine options of creating a professional wrestling Hall of Fame museum in the state.
Speaker 3: They're calling it the Rick Flair Act.
Speaker 7: Flair has called Charlotte home for decades and was a wrestling icon in his fifty year career. In the bill, the North Carolina Department of Natural and Cultural Resources is asked to look into the potential of a Hall of Fame and give a report by next year. At least two other professional wrestling museums operate in Iowa and New York.
Speaker 3: I'm Joe Morano.
Speaker 6: Did he just say was a wrestling icon? Listen up, JABRONI we're talking about a Rolex wearing diamond, ring wearing kiss Steele and Will and deal in limousine ride and jet flying son of a gun here, show some respect. I'm Kyle Wilson.
Speaker 1: I don't understand what the problem now, and this is a problem.
Speaker 3: Yeah no. This is something we do repeatedly on the show where we call out journalists who aren't doing their job or do it badly right, And obviously his colleague is a clown.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yes, yes.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 1: Also Kyle didn't come up with that, So now I'm wondering if that dude thinks Kyle came up with that, you know that that's that's a thing, right, I just it's just dawned upon me. Can you imagine maybe this guy doesn't realize that that's Rick Flair's thing.
Speaker 3: It is amazing to me how many times I'll post like a joke about a meme or something like a very popular meme and people there are certain people that don't understand it's a meme and don't understand like, how is it possible?
Speaker 1: Well, those are boards, Yeah, those are those are those are aliens in human skin. That's the only explanation for some of this stuff because I've seen that. I've seen where you post stuff and people like, oh they take it seriously, and it's like, bro, that's literally like the thing that's trending the most.
Speaker 3: Yeah, there was this big thing on Twitter or ex whatever, like a few days ago. In the big video it got over like five hundred million views. It was this guy showing this morning routine and he was.
Speaker 1: A big, big, huge dude. Yeah, gets up at three thirty in the morning and he does he journals, he does, but between everything, what does he do.
Speaker 3: He has a big bucket of ice water and he dumps his head in it. And everybody's been making everybody's been making jokes in their own version of their morning routine, making it fun. In the Governor of New York Yeah, yeah, yeah, and he's like, does this like he wiped banana peels on his face. It went super viral. So I posted the other day. I said it just said the doctor said my face was purple, dude of dumping my head and frozen water twenty times a day. Yeah, And buddy, someone responded and they were like that so serious. Yeah, I know you should. You should take the doctor's And I wrote back, I'm like, I'm looking for a second opinion, and he goes, well, you know, if your face is really purple and you're dumping it in in frozen water twenty times a day, that's probably the cause. But if it's not, you are right, the doctor's probably wrong, and you should search for a second opinion. I'm like, dude, this is the biggest meme on the planet, right now.
Speaker 1: Hey, hold on, I just WebMD you have face cancer. Oh my god, Yes, yeah, you have super face cancer. I just just web eat it.
Speaker 3: I'm kind of jealous of these people, like how can you be so oblivious? But it's weird. But it's not like you're so free from everything on the internet, because the Internet can suck and sort of like bring you down at times. So yeah, maybe it's positive.
Speaker 1: I don't know. Yeah. And by the way I saw this, I know you don't see the ads on Twitter because you're super rich. Premium dude. I know.
Speaker 3: I'm not paying for the super premium anymore to go down because they're charging fifty dollars a month.
Speaker 2: What.
Speaker 3: Yeah, like the ex super premium thing I was paying for it was twenty five dollars and they boosted it to fifty dollars and I'm like, I can't do that. That's ridiculous.
Speaker 1: I saw.
Speaker 3: I thought it was like eleven dollars a month. No, they have like four or five gross, they have four or five. Have some respect, man, they have Like I get murdered by police, what it is you're huff and paint. You've been exposed. So they have four or five different versions and I'm now paying for like the fifteen or like the twelve dollars version. I can't do fifty. It's stupid.
Speaker 1: So this is how this is how viral that thing's gone already. And this also speaks to the theft. On Twitter. There's one of those crypto ads right where dude's like he's got like the tickers but for the crypto on there, and he's, you know, and he scrolled by and you just see the video running and and he's simultaneously watching the crypto stuff, and then on the other screen he's got two monitors. It's the video of the dude dunk in his face in ice water. So like, it was so big that these crypto a holes who can't leave my feet alone incorporated the visual of that so that people might pause long enough to maybe do business with them. In two days, in like, you know, just a few days, it's already in a crypto ad on Twitter, like it was everywhere. The Governor of New York sent a picture yesterday which is just if you want to die of cringe, I retweeted it. You're welcome to go see it. And it's just her position and like a hearing or something, you know, like a like a congressional hearing, but you know in the New York legislature, and you know it says Honorable Governor Kathy Hokel or whatever her name is, and then in front of her name plate, it's just a banana and a Saratoga Water, which is that blue bottle of water. That's when you know it went crazy when the lame people are doing it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and the company, the Saratoga Water Company, they came out and they said they sold like a majillion bottle.
Speaker 1: Yes. Yeah, I saw pictures of and this is smart. I saw some pictures guy posted up in New York of what's the what's the Josh Allen supermarket? Wegmans? Yeah, and a Wegmans where they had set up in the very front of the store when you walk in, a like three lane wide selection of Saratoga Water. Because they knew what people were showing up for. So he walked into those Wegmans up there, I think it was in New York and New Jersey where it was, and it's just nothing but Saratoga water. That's a smart person who works for Wegmans, Right, He's like, we're gonna sell all the Saratoga Water and they did it. That's how people roll, man, that's how they go. So uh yeah, But then I saw Kathy Hokle doing it, and now the meme's over because once lame, once politicians get into it, it just kills it just kills me.
Speaker 3: Well, the way they've been trending, they'll probably post a viral a video they want to go viral in like two years about it. In two years, you'll be seeing the AOC deal, the deal.
Speaker 1: Look, look, and let me say this very delicately. Are there politicians whose face I want to see dunked in water? Never mind how long for? Yes, yes there are. See, two things will happen. One, you're right, ros, somebody will try to do the meme three months from now, nobody will know what it is, and then you know, here we be. The other thing is some idiot kid on TikTok will drown himself because that's where the stupid people.
Speaker 3: And then we'll have to have a law regulating big giant bowls of frozen water.
Speaker 1: Yeah, how's your wife dealing with that? Using all the ice in the freezer? And for the children, do you have ice on the door on your super space age fridge you.
Speaker 3: Bought, I believe, so we don't really you have to open it and then then there's the thing, but we don't really use it.
Speaker 1: Oh okay, all right anyway, so yeah, yeah, that whole thing. I don't even know really where we're going with this, but yeah, the thing took over the internet and span of like three days, span of like three days. But some people, oh, that's right, because you posted a joke about it. Nobody got it. So I posted my morning routine and it was Ed Helms's character from Hangover when he wakes up in that hotel suite at the beginning of Hangover.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's pretty accurate.
Speaker 1: Put his glasses on and he's just he's clearly not away because then he just collapses into the couch and it's pretty close.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's just me searching for my keys in the dart for like twenty minutes.
Speaker 1: Dude, dude. And I know people that listened this early that on the road already you know you know it and I but like when you get when you have to go to work at a time when some people are going to bed. Are everyone who works set on the bar industry and there's one thing out of place it like it could be the end of your day, like your whole day is ruined, Like if your keys are just in one wrong spot or one you know, you can't find your phone or you left it somewhere in the house. Because then now I don't run into this, but Ross does. Then you have to be very You got to be like a ninja, right because you don't want to take up Lincoln or if.
Speaker 3: You have a special needs artistic child, you need to be like storm Shadow. You need to be a ninja at three thirty three in the morning.
Speaker 1: Yes, yeah, Whereas I can get mad and throw the bowl where I normally put my keys in because I'm a big child. Sometimes I'm like, ah, I can't believe that's not here, what the hell's going? Right? No, no, Ross has to literally be a part of the the you know, the Shadow Guild or whatever. So all right, coming up on the show, we're gonna hey, you guys want to talk about HB two because we're doing HB two again and admittedly it's gonna be a little different. Also, yet another group of hacked journalists who attempted to take elon must down had to apologize yesterday. So we got lots to get into. And the Jasmine Crockett insanity coming up here on the CaCO Day radio program. That's not a real email. I thought somebody was answering the bananathy. I realized they just think they're making a joke. Shouldn't joke about superpowers from radioactive material sir, They're not joking down in Australia. Not joking down in Australia. In fact, I gotta call that story. Did I not put that in the start? Ross? Did I send you this? That's I know I sent you the what's up? Well, I texted it to you yesterday? Oh was it two days ago? Okay, that's I just put Okay, it was yesterday again. For some reason, I thought it was yesterday. All right, But anyway, I'll find this story. So some dude, some dude down in australia's in trouble because he's got a hobby and apparently the government's like, no, you can't have hobbies. But I think that there's some deeper going on. So I'll explain that here in just a few minutes. But I gotta do the Jasmine Crockett insanity first. Okay, So yesterday, Jasmine Crockett had a couple couple notable little run ins. All right, the first of which is, and I want to point out she's speaking the group that she's speaking to when she says this thing that I'm about to play for you is they're a liberal activist group. But they're called the Human Rights Commission. Okay, I want you to keep that. So they are about now, they're about politics, and we could get into all the stuff the Human Rights Commission does where it's not about human rights, it's about left leaning human rights. Clearly, that being said, they purport to be an organization made up of people who care the most right, Oh, these are We care for people that down trodden, the you know, the the oppressed. Right, this is what we do. And really they're just an attack dog for against the Republicans in most instances, that has been my experience. That being said, if you purport to be the most touchy feely caring group out there, the reaction to what she said is equally as scandalous as people are claiming what she said. And I have a little bit of a nuanced view on what she says, and I'll explain why here in a moment. But let's go ahead and play the audio that got the ball rolling. Jasmine Crockett, by the way, is the representative from Dallas, Texas. She is in excuse me, she is in a I think our district is D plus twenty five or something, so like there's no way Republicans going to get in there. I guess she could feasibly get primary, but they're probably not going to do it because she's a black woman, and you know, identity politics still is a Democrat thing. So I now they did primary Corey what's her bucket in Missouri? Corey Bush, the former squad member, but that was another person of color, and her husband was literally about to be he's now been arrested for essentially using her office to scam people, is what he's alleged to do. So I don't know that Jasmine Crockett's going anywhere, and she's kind of she's kind of got a following among younger Democrats too, so she'll probably be around for a while. So here is what she said. She was speaking to this Human Rights Commission. She's talking about New York Governor Greg Abbot, or excuse me, Texas Governor Greg Abbot, which if in case you didn't know, and I'm sure you all do. Is in a wheelchair. He's been in a wheelchair, not his whole life, but going back like forty years. So it's been a minute. You had an accident like forty years ago. He's in a wheelchair. All right, So here we go, because.
Speaker 8: We in these hot ass Texas streets. Honey, y'all know we got Governor hot Wheels down there.
Speaker 3: Come on now, and.
Speaker 8: The only thing hot about him is that he is a hot ass mess honey. So so yes, yes, yes.
Speaker 1: All right, so she called Governor Abbott Governor hot Wheels. Now at this point, everyone's got to do the performative thing, right. Republicans have to be like, this is the worst thing that was ever said. It's not. Democrats have to pretend it's not a violation of everything that they've purported, while police speech purported to be wrong with politicians. Everybody's got to play their part. And the fact is, do I think Governor Abbott cares? No the guy? He seems to have a pretty tough hide down there. That being said, if somebody used a slur that was directed at Jasmine Crockett, obviously it wouldn't be a slur about her disability. Would you know, to slur about her her race or her gender or whatever it is, she'd be absolutely apoplectic. She wouldn't shut up. So, uh, that being said, I don't want her to go anywhere because like she's a gift to the Republicans and she's so phony. I've mentioned this on the show. I finally had Ross pull the audio. Ross, ye, had you heard that audio before I sent it to you yesterday of Jasmin Crockett speaking quote unquote how she normally does.
Speaker 7: No.
Speaker 3: This morning was the first time, as you, uh.
Speaker 1: Oh wait, hold on, he's grabbing something here. I had I heard this.
Speaker 3: Sorry, I said no, this morning was the first time.
Speaker 1: That was the first time. Okay, So, Jasmine Crockett went to the best public school in all of Missouri. She's from Saint Louis originally, I mean she went to the Creme de la crem not just in Saint Louis, in the entire state of Missouri, the best private school. She got the best private education. She is not dumb. This is what people need to realize. She's not an idiot.
Speaker 3: She reminds me of Papa Doc in eight Mile a little bit.
Speaker 1: Yeah, oh dude, that takedown at the end of that. No, he couldn't even battle back.
Speaker 3: Right, it's the same thing.
Speaker 1: Yeah, So so I'm gonna play audio. So this is her prior or, you know, prior to getting elected to Congress. And so she did local politics in Texas and I can't remember she worked for one of the lobbying organizations. But whatever, this is Jasmine Crockett's real voice. This is her real voice. But understand, and I mentioned her district. She is in a D plus twenty five. It is a very very high minority percentage in that district. It is a socioeconomically challenged district. It has so you know, at that point she realized that this audio I'm going to play for you probably isn't going to connect. She'd sound and I'm not the one saying this, but I've heard this stuff said before. She sounds too white, which I crazy, crazy stuff when you when you hear that, like, but you know, it's it's crabs in a bucket. And it doesn't by the way, it doesn't necessarily matter whether it's a black district in Dallas or a poor white district in West Virginia. Right, people want they even when there are you know, there is this attitude or this socioeconomic attitude there. People don't want you to sound like you're do you think that you're better than them? And so like, I'm not saying I'm justifying what she did, but it's clear what she did. She decided to adopt this speech.
Speaker 8: Pas because we in these hot ass Texas streets. Honey, y'all know we got governor hot wheels down there.
Speaker 1: Come on, that's forced, that's not And as somebody and Rossa can attest to this too, who has worked in radio markets that have distinctly different accents. Right, Minneapolis, Minnesota has you know, it sounds like Fargo, Okay, not maybe the city, but the state. And there's an inflection there. The South is the South, right, you got a southern accent. Wyoming has a little bit of an accent which I used to have. It would be I don't even know how to describe it. It's more Texasy, but not quite. And in California you got the you know that valley girl surfer thing going on. I have worked radio on all these markets, and no matter how long I've lived there, my speech pattern maybe I'll use slanging stuff, but the overall speech pattern doesn't really change that much, doesn't change that much. So Jasmine Crockett four years ago or three I guess this is three years ago or four years ago. This is how she was doing interviews. Listen to the difference.
Speaker 8: Absolutely. First of all, it's good to see you in the new year. You know, no one could have told me that when I went down to Austin now looks like a little bit over a year ago, that I would be running for Congress. So it's not what my plan was. But what I've always decided is that I would step up when there was a need listening. He up there, he's bearing all us nine and let me just be real and we might not sit finish. We wouldn't, you know. But when she called me and said it's time for me to retire.
Speaker 1: I'm not going to play all of this because it's kind of boring what she's talked about. But like you can hear the difference, so her going and banging out the hot wheels thing. Frankly, I think Republicans just need to let her go, let her do this, let her say things like that, there is not a single politician, and the Lord knows I got a list of people I hate. It's not a long list. I try not to hate people, but man, there's some where I'm just like, we're going to call you slender Man on the radio show for so like stuff like that happened. But if Tom Tillis was in a wheelchair, I wouldn't be making jokes about him because he can't control that. I mean, he can control being a slimy piece of crap who murders your children for their you know, adrenochrome and their souls in the middle of the night. You cannot do that.
Speaker 3: I mean, it's common decency. Why are you going after a guy in a wheelchair?
Speaker 1: Yeah, Like, the the whole thing is just wild to me. But also again I think I think Abbod cares. He gives exactly zero f's and that's a compliment to him. Right, It's like he the Democrats in Texas have said things like this to them. Oh remember the who is it he ran against? To make fun of him? Remember the woman who was the mayor of Houston, Right, didn't she make a joke about him.
Speaker 3: If you're looking at it as like you know, political sport or political strategy strategist, thing, you would want them to repeatedly make fun of you in a wheelchair, because that's going to be good for you because most people will hear that and be disgusted by it, right, Yes, So yeah, please keep doing that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's it. That's where I'm at on this, so and and and again, a lot of this is performative, and clearly after you know, once the news started breaking yesterday about it, it was clearly getting to her because she committed what would be assault for any of us, or at least they would. It would get a charge of assaults. So she's doing the thing, right, You've seen it where they're walking down the halls there, those tunnels between the office buildings and the capitol, right, and you know you get the reporters standing there and the kind of ambush whoever the congress person is. You've seen it a thousand times. So a reporter tries to do that, she physically assaults the reporter. Now fit the way she did it is she reached over and she slapped his phone down. That's assault. I've seen way too many Second Amendment auditor videos to know that that's not assault. They don't get me wrong, Some of those Second Amendment audit auditor dudes, and he punched in the face, right, because they're not just there trying to do it. They're there literally to antagonize people, which is free speech, but it still makes you an a hole. But you don't get to you don't get to physically assault you or I could not physically assault somebody in a public area, and I know that technically the tunnels aren't public public, but they're in a government building and those are reporters, so it is right because it's First Amendment stuff like you can't slap somebody's recording device out of their hand. You're hitting their hand, you're hitting their stud You can't do that. You'll catch an assault charge. She didn't, but sure enough she actually did the thing. It's very clear.
Speaker 3: Recently on a Tesla takedown for violence on the twenty nine of the year.
Speaker 7: Do you like to clarify your comments?
Speaker 9: You condone at.
Speaker 1: The boom and you can kind of hear it a little static there at the end. That's because she literally physically reached over and hit him. Why is she not don't roast her just over the governor hot wheels thing? Charge her with the salt.
Speaker 3: I guess she condones violence.
Speaker 1: Right, it feels like she does is ironic considering the question. He didn't hear the question, so.
Speaker 3: Do you condone?
Speaker 1: Okay, they asked an answer, how do you feel do you condone punch of people in my nose? Yeah? Yeah, I mean he's an absolute lunatic. Why isn't she charged with the crime for the same reason. You know, her former colleague who you know, hit the fire alarm? What do they give it? Giving him a ticket or something? And his excuse was, oh, I thought it was the enter or I thought it was the exit if you and all you had to do was watch the video. And after he hits the button, he's not even facing the door anymore. He's already walking back up the stairs.
Speaker 3: Right, he walks in, he sees the door, he looks at the sign, looks at the door, looks at the sign, looks at the door, look looks at the sign, and then hits and pulls the thing.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but he's already turned around, facing away from the door to walk up the stairs.
Speaker 3: Maybe he couldn't read it. Maybe he thought, he said, you know, pull the open door.
Speaker 1: Do they have the worst? I mean, they clearly they have, but must have the worst prosecutors up there, except they don't because they were able to go and try to charge Trump with everything under the sun. So Jasmine Crockett should be facing an assault charge. You can't. It wasn't like she bumped him, right, because you can then make the argument, lou it's busy, there's a bunch of people around. She bumped him, even though you don't necessarily believe it. But like, there's no defense for this, in the same way there was no defense for what Bowman did with the fire alarm. There absolutely none. So you know that's in my opinion, that's worse because Abbot, because Abbot's got thick skin, he's been through this, he's governor, he's winning. Okay, he's fine. I don't know. That's just always been my impression of him. Her physically assaultant a reporter. How are there not charges? That's where you have to go, even though I kind of want her around because she's just she's she's ad bait. You know, she's this material.
Speaker 3: When it comes to the different way she speaks, I've seen people say, well, that's called code switching, and you still understand code switching.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and and but she was speaking of the Human Rights Commission in that in the Hot Wheels audio, the Human Rights Commission is a bunch of rich white liberals, right, and I shouldn't say just white liberals, but there is a very well to do crowd right there. Nobody's speaking her if you look at like ninety five percent of the other speakers up.
Speaker 3: There, so they speak more like Carlton unless like will.
Speaker 1: Correct, Yes, that would be correct. And I don't even look, I don't even like having this conversation because like she's forcing me to have it. I understand that. I understand that sometimes. Look, I go back to Wyoming. There's words that I use that I don't use on the radio here because it wouldn't make sense to you. And I find myself slipping back even if I'm there for a few days. Not slipping back is the wrong word.
Speaker 3: But just that's like super extreme.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, this is it's night and day man. And so in the same way that Hillary down there with her ain't y'all blah blah blah, which is ironic because she's from Arkansas. She probably did speak that way one time when she was defending her husband from rape. All right, we'll be back. Just mentioned we were talking about Jasmine Crockett, and I mentioned, even though I've worked all over the country in difference distinctively different accents to the local community. Right, we're in the South, although you know there's so many transplants. Maybe you don't see it as much, but you know what I'm talking about. And then when I was in Minnesota for you know, a decade there, right, they have a very distinct speech pattern. So but they're like, well aren't you You just said you don't use Wyoming words when you're not in Wyoming. I don't use them because they would confuse people. I don't you. It's not me trying to pretend I'm not from Wyoming, which is the difference there. So when Jasmine Crockett is doing that thing, arguably she's speaking in a less educated manner. It should be insulting to her constituents, like is that what you think of us? But whatever, No, because I I like I just so let me tell you my favorite Wyoming word, all right. And and Ross was a big fan when I just explained this to him, because it's what is something you? All right? So Ross is telling me his wife texted him because she finally went outside this morning, and she what did she texting me? Right?
Speaker 3: Because earlier in the show where you were talking about the pollen, it was like the first end of the year. So she's taking Link in to school. She opened the door and she just texted me the big the one word yuck, right.
Speaker 1: Right, right right. And then I made a joke, I'm like, you didn't even scrape your wife's car before you left it.
Speaker 3: Wood Is said, that's none of my business.
Speaker 1: None of my business. In Wyoming, we'd say I'm just in a Wyoming it. That is an actual phrase. So if so like, if your cousin, like you know, your wife comes and you're like, oh, my cousin, she got in a fight with her husband. I don't know if they're gonna make it, what should we do? And and you're a perfectly acceptable response because you're smart enough to know that you shouldn't get in the middle of that was be like, I don't know, it's just Wyoming it and it just means mind your own business. It's a great phrase. It's a wonderful phrase. If I said it on the radio without explaining it like I just did, you wouldn't know what the hell I'm talking about. So that's different. That's just not using words that I didn't have to stop and explain. And we got great words, just like we got great words in the South, they got great words up in Minnesota, they got great words. Dude. One of the one of my favorite things about UH traveling and working on a second language is learning not just the curse words, which those are the first ones you learn, right, but also learning slang words, right because you got slang and everything that you do. I love learning slang words. I can't tell you the number of slang words. When I moved to North Carolina, I had to be like, I'm sorry, what do you mean? But now it's just it's just part of the vocabulary. The Democrats means no different, like anywhere else is no different.
Speaker 3: And that's understandable, like to learn that sort of stuff. But what the Democrats do, especially in front of big crowds during these rallies, and you saw Kamala Harris doing it, and you've seen Hillary Clinton do it when she went to the South. But it's super weird because they bring it to the extreme. Like if you put me in front of a crowd of you know, Latino voters, I'm not suddenly gonna be like, amang like it's super weird, and they sure you gonna be what like, I'm not gonna you know what I mean, Like it's super weird. You'd be like, this guy is being incredibly racist, but they do this. It's so weird. They're in front of these big groups and suddenly it's like Kamala Harris is a Latino or she's or Jasmine Crockett changing her the way she talks so much, and they blame it on oh, you know, it's code switching, like we brought up last segment. Well it's still being fake. It seems like you're being fake.
Speaker 1: And that interview, by the way that we did that we put aired of Jasmine Crockett from like three years ago. She's giving an interview to media in the district where she's gonna run. It was before she actually and physically ran for It's not super extreme. It's not like she's using eighteen syllable words that people can't understand.
Speaker 3: It's more relatable. I don't understand it.
Speaker 1: Yeah again, and it sounds insulting. I'm like, are you dumbing it down because you think we're dumb? Like I if I was in her district. Not that. Yeah, I'd probably vote for her, but I'd be like, that's more insulting. What are you doing? Yeah, So if you guys want to use that wowing thing to confuse people, that's the thing you should. You could use it. We got other fun ones, like do you know what a brisket is? Ross? So, so I caught the half and I wrapped the brisket. Now you would think, oh my god, he murdered that cow right so he could eat it. The brisket is just a saddle horn. I never called it a saddle horn ever. I mean I knew that that's what it was called. Never, it was just the brisket. Grona obviously, you know we get the horses and the cows and all. It's a brisket. Man, buckle bunny, I love buckle bunny. Buckle bunny, or women who like cowboys, you know the cowboy buckle there. You know, the word doubt means what do you think? The word doubt means I'm testing poor ross here, doubt.
Speaker 3: I'm sorry, it's on the phone. Doubt means the question.
Speaker 1: No, it's it's do O U T not? There's no b in it.
Speaker 3: So doubt.
Speaker 1: It means put a fire out, and you can, like I use doubt forever, and it could be just to turn the stove off. My mom would be like, you need to doubt the stove, and I'm gon go turn the go, turn the burner off. You can doubt a campfire. You can you know, basically anything you can extinguish and you know, and you can doubt a beef too. You can doubt a beef. You can be like, all right, let's say, let's extinguish whatever this fight is. So that's this is That is a different thing. I appreciate the email, but we're talking about two different things. I just don't use words I think are going to confuse people for the you know, because it's rude. Then and then also I get email like what are you talking about? But you know, share a little slang there, What the heck? All right, let me get over to a couple other things. We got some audio I got to play you and then I hear in about five minutes when ray Stage it comes on, we'll we'll we'll blame him for the pollen and make him apologize. So you don't want to miss that, all right, So let's see here. I I I I I understand, and I've mentioned this before. I understand that when they do those man on the street interviews, they're not putting the ones that and if they have a point to make, like, oh, we went to the outside the Democratic National Convention and we're going to ask people a series of questions and and and then what you're gonna get in those videos is you're gonna get the worst of what happened, right because the majority of people probably knew what the answer was, or they just flipped you off, whatever, But you're gonna put the worst there. That being said, I saw this video yesterday where they're interviewing spring breakers down and I don't know if it's Fort Lauderdale or it's down in Florida somewhere, and and like, what what makes it worse is, yes, these are clearly probably the worst answers that they got. That being said, the people are self identifying as like biology grad students. That's the part. That's the part that so there's no excuse, there's no excuse for this stuff. I don't care if they're drunk, if if they are literally at a reputable university and they have advanced to the point where they're about to get an advanced degree in biology, like one of these checks, I don't want do you trust that person to do? You know, let's say they parlay it into you know, a research scientist or something. You gonna I wouldn't trust any bit of research that woman does. Listen, listen to this insanity.
Speaker 2: Do the colonists fight in the Revolutionary War? And was?
Speaker 1: Oh? I don't know if this is right. I'm gonna sounds so stupid?
Speaker 3: Was it the Spanish?
Speaker 1: Wait?
Speaker 6: What are your majors? Business?
Speaker 1: Biology, elementary education? Oh? Oh god, that one's gonna be shape in young minds?
Speaker 2: What shape is the US Pentagon Building?
Speaker 1: Isn't it just a square?
Speaker 2: How many US Senators are there? How many amendments are in the Bill of Rights?
Speaker 1: There's a lot, I know, I know seventeen. Who on the Civil War?
Speaker 2: Well, it's the Civil War, so it's the civilians versus whoever was in power. How many justices are on the Supreme Court?
Speaker 1: Justices?
Speaker 8: Like when you say that, like you mean like that, b I.
Speaker 2: Who was on the one hundred dollars bill? That's the first amendment? What's the second?
Speaker 1: Right to vote?
Speaker 2: Name three states that border Canada.
Speaker 1: We're just do one per person.
Speaker 3: As you know, I didn't know Canada to border.
Speaker 1: We're doomed. Man again, I know it's the worst of the worst, but especially those three girls at the beginning right where there's just like biology, I'm going to be a teacher. I can't like. The other one was I can't remember what it.
Speaker 3: Was, elementary education.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, well there's teacher biology, and then the first one I can't remember what she said. It doesn't matter. Like, if you're going to be a teacher and you don't have any of that, you shouldn't be a teacher. Am I wrong?
Speaker 3: Maybe maybe she's gonna be like a gym teacher.
Speaker 1: No elementary education, she said.
Speaker 3: I mean they got at gym teachers in elementary.
Speaker 1: School, right, but don't most elementary I'm.
Speaker 3: Trying to give her the benefit of the doubt here.
Speaker 1: She's hot, she's got that going for her. She might need to lean into that. But then I don't know if you'd want to have they want to have kids with her? Man, come home, your kids are all like, ah, Canada has a border, and you're like, oh, I messed up so bad? Oh what have I done? All right, let's let's get the villain of the day in here, mister ray Stag from the web. WHOA, what's up with that?
Speaker 9: Bro?
Speaker 1: Everything's yellow, Bro, everything's yellow. Everything's and then I don't mean a little yellow, I mean like, holy hell, what just happened? And yeah, you know, obviously weather is part of this process, so it kind of hangs on on you.
Speaker 9: Yeah, it does. Let's start from the beginning. I guess that's a very good place to start. Sure, I've got this little frost advisory for tomorrow morning that's been stuck upon us for many counties across the area.
Speaker 1: Ice pollen, ice, pollen ice, Mix.
Speaker 9: A little water in and you can make a nice pollen ice cube that'll be great in your drink. That makes me want to throw up. But let's just say most of the Triad Triangle except for the city of Raleigh, Sandford, Rocky Mountains, South Fayetteville, Goldsborough not in the frost advisor. But either way back to the little mid thirties, that's some chillier behind the front that came through but didn't bring much rainfall. And that's another problem. So we'll get to a piece by piece. No relief for really either as we go through today a trace of rain in Raleigh yesterday at triad trace of rain, so about what we expected. Now we're looking for sunshine to return today, the mild weather, gusty winds. The Weather Service has their statement out about the fire weather danger continuing where the northwest flow not made fires to the west of us. We're escaping most of the smoke in the air. Ask our folks in Greenville and Spartanburg and they'll say otherwise because some concern there for smoke as fires are to their west. Down a little bit today, little bit sixties tonight, little bit thirties in the advisory area's upper thirties from about Riley in points east, and then sun tomorrow on either side of seventy degrees partial sun. Friday, we warm up to the mid upper seventies and the same thing for Saturday. Might get some shower Sunday Monday, but it doesn't look like a bunch of rain most of us. Less than a half an inch may help a little bit clean out the air, but I don't think it's gonna help much cases. We're back in the sunshine and dry weather as we get into Tuesday of next week, and probably be on that for a few days, so no substantial rainfall, maybe some late in the weekend early next week. Other than that, high and dry over the next several days.
Speaker 1: I can't believe you drink pollen, dude? Why not? I mean no, By the way, you do not take raised advice on this freksapp route?
Speaker 3: Is that too?
Speaker 1: That's too weird a reference? You know, any freak zappa. I don't don't go where the lists go. And don't you know that yellow snow?
Speaker 9: Okay, well, now that you have heard of that, dude, oh okay, I.
Speaker 1: Didn't know who was associated with getting deep here. All right, you go enjoy your Pallen smoothie or whatever ice cube?
Speaker 3: Right weirdo?
Speaker 1: All right, thank you. There you go, race agic from the weather channel trying to get you sick, all right? Seven forty seven Hang on, Sydney's science nerd may face jail for importing plutonium in a bid to collect all elements of the periodic table. This is this dude's hobby man. So he's a he is a any like the thing too. He's got this big wall mount thing that they're like purp walking out of his house. Here. If you go to the story. He's just like, I'm gonna have all the elements the problem.
Speaker 3: Leave the nerd alone.
Speaker 1: Man, what's that?
Speaker 3: Leave the nerd alone?
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's like, you know, so here's what I think is going on. One Big brother it's you know, remember this is Australia who built literal camps for COVID deniers or whatever. Right, Ah, they're nice camps. They got razor wire and all that. It's fine. By the way, going back to Wyoming slang, do you know what we call barb wire? The pointy parts of barbed wire? This is the dumbest Wyoming slang. Silk make that makes sense? Anyway? Back to this, So Sydney science nerd may face jail from porting plutonium. I think one or two. Think one, they don't want you to have hobby. Two I think big brothers hoarding superpowers. That's the only thing that makes sense, right, How are you supposed to get superpowers if you can't have the real real uh you know, uh, you know stuff. How there's no Hulk. I'm trying to think how how many superheroes are born of radioactivity.
Speaker 3: Really gamma radiation?
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, the Hulk, like the Spider Man, Professor Manhattan professor. Yeah, like what he did to that dude? Why is he naked all the time? What's going on? So yeah, and I would say like half of them, right, that was it was almost like the writer's crutch for comic books back in the day. Where isn't Captain Marvel's radiation too? Right?
Speaker 3: Not that people, I don't know. I've sort of purged her for my memory.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I was just gonna say, but like, radiation was the That's the way he did it. And it made sense, right because you know it was at the time these things are coming up. Radiation is kind of a new thing, right, They're like, ah, like what happened to that Curry chick? Oh, we're making a bomb? All right? And then you know here's here's some comic books. So whatever. But yeah, so the guy, how much did he I'm sure it was next to nothing. Do you remember that crazy story with the dude with the rattlesnake who had the radio action dude?
Speaker 3: That was an incredible story. Yeah, they pulled them over in Florida, right with like snakes.
Speaker 1: No, it was the Oklahoma. I thought, it doesn't matter.
Speaker 3: I love how I automatically assume it's Florida.
Speaker 1: Now I think that one was Oklahoma.
Speaker 3: Actually, right, But there was like snakes in the back of his pickup truck and radio act of rocks or something. Was it plutonium are uranium?
Speaker 1: Uh? Yeah he had. He had a small enough amount. He had like what you could get for a classroom. But still I think there's paperwork you have to do. Let me find that story. Oh, that was one of my favorite stories we've done in.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and it was obviously he was trying to do something with the snakes to create powers.
Speaker 1: Oh, snake man, it was uranium. He had uranium, all right, Oklahoma. Yeah, here we go, Oklahoma man driving stolen vehicle, caught with rattlesnake, uranium, whiskey and a gun. And it's like, clearly he's trying to make super snakes, right or something drunk super snakes, I guess. Yeah, it was Oklahoma, Guthrie, Oklahoma, wherever that is. Yeah, he had a rattlesnake, a canister of uranium, an open bottle of whiskey, and a pistole. Yeah.
Speaker 3: The FEDS are obviously trying to either keep the superpowers to themselves or they're trying to stop time travel with the plutonium.
Speaker 1: Dude. This are Every year somebody puts one of these articles out. I'm sure multiple people do it, and it is this is the this is the equivalent to Twitter engagement bait. Anytime a media outlet in North Carolina goes, we've selected the best barbecue joint in North Carolina, I can't ross. Can you think of more engagement farming than that? As far as you know, standard news stories goes, everyone loses their damn mind.
Speaker 3: No, it's a go to.
Speaker 1: It's absolutely they're like, oh, we got to bump the web numbers up. Let's say that we've selected. Now, to be fair, this was Southern Living magazine, so there was a reason to write it, I guess. And they're like, well, best barbecue joint in all of North Carolina. And if you're the editor at what is this from WGHP, If you're the editor there, you're like, I'm gonna have so many clicks today, so many clicks. By the way, uh, In case you're wondering, the the best barbecue joint in in all the North Carolina is Lexington Barbecue. Which is funny because then I see people immediately in the comments like that's not even the best barbecue join in Lexington and then you know the verbal fisticuff start. So yeah, I tend not to weigh in. I got several barbecue joints that I like, some not so much. I like brisket too, so and I know that that's a heathen stuff. So you know, depending on whether I want pork or if I want brisket, I have different places that I go to, but whatever, you can go to multiple ones. But yeah, so and that thing had like a bazillion clicks of people just fighting it out in the comments there. So I don't know. I tell you I've never had bad barbecue in Lexington. And I you know, cause we did the barbecue festival for a radio thing a few years ago, and I don't know how I was able to move after that. But I thought everything that I ate was pretty good. So but by the way, I'm not trying to start a yelling match over this. I just think it's funny whenever I see these stories, because I'm like, that's somebody is trying to make their web numbers, which you know is another metric that we also deal with as well. So all right, real quick on the old the signal app insanity I'm I'm failing to understand. So who added this? Who added the Atlantic? Dude? That's the only thing I want an answer to. Who did that? And I think most people because the way the story was coming out, it was that Mike Waltz did it, the former congressman. You know, obviously he left his congressional seat. So here we go. I'm not trying to start a barbecue thing. So I'm just pointing. I just laugh whenever I see that, because people, you just know you're gonna get a thousand chairs and ten you're gonna ratio yourself doing it just in the comments. Right. So but that's okay. If you have a barbecue place you liked, then go there and be happy. And I hope you're happy. And if you and if the one across town is not as good, then don't go to that one. It's very simple. We don't have to fight about that.
Speaker 3: Did you see the photo of Tim Walls in front of that barbecue joint? And there's nothing he can't make cringe? It's super weird.
Speaker 1: Okay, So here's the deal. I've been to that barbecue joint and it's not good. I know the barbecue joint.
Speaker 3: Right, he's standing there with his like you know, he's pointing at it, like and if you know, you know, and people are like, man, is it you can't whatever it is, it's not good.
Speaker 1: The reason we're all dry there. I've eaten there before because if they caught it, they're like if you go to Minnesota, like, oh, it was a very famous place. I'm like, oh, why you know, dude could pose with a puppy and people be like.
Speaker 3: It's cringe.
Speaker 1: Yeah, put that puppy in a bag and throw it in the river, right, No, they turn on the puppy. Yeah, no, that barbecue. I didn't even get into it, just because it was a Minnesota thing. But yeah, I saw that picture and I meet it. I'm like, oh my gosh, we're still doing that anyway. Oh so, like who added Goldberg to this thing? And there's some theories photo right, but most people assume it was Mike Waltz, right, national Security advisor, and if that's the but there's a whole lot of fakery in this thing. And I thought yesterday when we were talking about it, well on Monday more so, when we were talking about it, it was I was trying to separate what is and isn't because so much of what is surrounding the story is meaningless, it's embellish, it's a lie in some instances, right, there is no proof. Even though this Goldberg guy intimated, well, there was some secret stuff, but I didn't say what it was. Put up or shut up. There clearly wasn't. And the reason that I know that there clearly wasn't is the conversation as it was relayed sounds really normal and also recognizes what can and can't be discussed on this signal app because at one point there's a reference to going to quote unquote the high side, right, which could either be the old school, you know, communications system that they use, the military's version of it, or in a skiff somewhere right. They clearly recognize that there's some things that can't be discussed. The timeline, Oh, I saw a congressman on Fox yesterday and he's like, hey, here's going to get soldiers killed, some democrat and then he got Afghanistan thrown back to his face three times and looked like an idiot. The conversation took place literally minutes before, and there is not specific troop movements, nor has has Goldberg other than in a grand way intimated that there were. So I don't believe you because you are the suckers and losers guy and everything else in the Russia hoax. And not to mention that very same reporter is one of the guys who did the heavy lifting for the the WMD's in Iraq. Okay, he has no credibility none, but I'm pretty sure Mike Waltz is the one who set that up. So then the question becomes why does he have him basically in his contacts at the ready? Because you know how contacts work, right like Ross, When you go on your phone and you want to like send something, and that little thing pops up on the iPhone, it shows you basically the last few people you've communicated with, right Like, So if I if I see a link so the igam on Twitter, and I want to go down to send a link to Ross on the tweet, as soon as I clicked that little arrow up button thing in the bottom corner and to share a post, it'll ask me how I want to do it. It'll also show the last like four people that I've communicated with across all the different apps. So to have that guy's contacts at you know, at the ready, if that's how it happened, which is kind of how the signal has that feature. I don't understand that that's that's the part that's a little concerning. But now, Mike Waltz, I'm gonna play the audio for you, like everyone's acting like nobody did it. And and and again it's not that there was classified information. Nobody was endangered. It's just really the first thing that Democrats have been able to sink their teeth into for months, right, because they just been they've just been stacking up nothing but else nothing. But I was thinking about this ross. Has there been a win for the Democrats in the entire Trump presidency.
Speaker 3: And this is their first one. And that's why they're going after it like they are.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they're just like they haven't eat and they're starving, right and so the and so what they're gonna do is they're gonna get over their skis on this because most people are like, I don't know if that checks out, but I think part of it has to be like, yeah, we screwed up. Now. The other thing is this this idea that they're using sid like, oh well, I can't believe they're so irresponsible. They're using the signal app. Do you know why they use the signal app to communicate because it's protocol.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean the systems that they use. Oh the construction can hear it? Yeah, I mean it's annoying. The systems they have, right, and DOJE has exposed this are so old and archaic because you assume they have their own sort of immediate text messaging system and they.
Speaker 1: Kind of do, but not really. Now the military may have some them. That's a little a little beef here, but no, it's for sending cables from embassies. That's what they're using.
Speaker 3: Pretty much. If you want everyone to talk about something, y'all have to be in the same room together.
Speaker 1: In real time. Correct, Yeah, if you want to do a real time thing, that's not you know, it's it's it's it's like, do you want to It's like when you do you want to do an email chain? There's four people on an email and everyone send it back and forth. You gotta wait, no, especially when you're minutes away from something.
Speaker 3: This I mean, and I can't believe I'm saying this, and I'm not saying it's right, but this is why Hillary said she had her own servers because the government ones were so inefficient and so old, she had to have her own. Yeah, and then she destroyed them with a hammer and with bleach bit and she had the tails all this time.
Speaker 1: She poured bleach on them. What do you yeah? Oh wow, so and and so why is it protocol? Why is signal protocol? Because a previous president's administration recognized that they needed something for non classified discussion that fit the bill but had some of the better levels of security, and so the Biden administration made it protocol. They're the ones who decided to say. And I'm not criticizing them for it, like I understand that. You I again, if we like those, you know, government efficiency, then if that's a more efficient way, in a faster way to have discussions and need to be had in a non classified manner, I'm fine with it. I'm not even gonna criticize Biden for it. But the media is running around acting like Mike Waltz and Pete haig Seth just went, oh, we're just gonna do whatever you want to do. No, they literally did the thing that they sent memos out. Let me play the audio, all right, let's let's get into this Mike Waltz audio. But damn it, somebody needs to take responsibility for this so they can explain how it won't happen again. Okay, And I've seen theories that he meant to add Jonah Goldberg, which is that doesn't make any sense. You don't add any reporters to this conversation. And my theory is because they say it was initials JG and Eddie screwed up. I think that's a bad theory. I think they were trying to add John gold.
Speaker 3: Who is that guy?
Speaker 1: Who is I don't know, but they're obviously they're keeping them under wraps, so all we can be left to ask who is John gold We don't know, but like that's as likely a theory. And I don't know if it's fat thumbs or how the hell this happened, or it was some sort of pre existing thing where I don't know. I'm not a super user of say I've used it, I didn't like it, so it just sits on my phone. I've never touched it again. But let's listen to Mike Waltz.
Speaker 4: Here, and I think I'll ask Mike, Mike is here, do you want to respond to that. Yes, mister President, you asked about lessons.
Speaker 9: I think there's a lot of the lessons.
Speaker 4: There's a lot of journalists in this city who have made big names for themselves making up lies about this president, whether it's the Russia hoax or making up lies about gold Star families. And this one in particular, I've never met, don't know, never communicated with, and we.
Speaker 1: Are Does that make sense to you? I'm sorry. This is the part I don't get because this is kind of what Haig Sas said, and this is kind of what now Trump He said he didn't know about it, and this was two days ago. Maybe maybe not, But like, I don't understand this. Everyone agrees, and I understand that the guy at the Atlantic is a piece of garbage, But just explain how it happened, because this thing you're explaining to me right now doesn't make any sense.
Speaker 4: Or we are looking into him, reviewing how the heck he got into this room. But I'll tell you what the world owes President Trump a favor. Underbiden, global shipping was shut down, pen PreK attacks months between them, are destroyers being fired upon. Dozens of times President Trump took decisive active action with the National Security Team, took out the head missileer, knocked out missiles, knocked out headquarters, knocked out communication sites, and for once, as we hear, as you all hear from every one of our allies, thank god for American leadership again, thank God for American strength.
Speaker 1: This is politicianing.
Speaker 3: What's that feels so slimy, doesn't it?
Speaker 1: It's politician ing and I hate it, and it's unnecessary.
Speaker 3: Because they're they're denying what happened, and then they're changing the subject like.
Speaker 1: Did you then they could? But they confirmed, remember the Pentagon, The White House confirmed it happened.
Speaker 3: So are they saying that the screenshot provided by the reporter was just completely manufactured and fake? Because that's what it kind of sounds.
Speaker 1: No, no, no, no, you don't get with it. You don't. You don't understand what they're trying to. I'll explain what it is there because I didn't get it and then I read and then it dawned upon me and then I saw somebody else. I think it's Banchie who figured it out too.
Speaker 3: Because besides that, it is it's a classical political thing where you're like, oh, did you steal the cookies from the cookie jar, and you're like, I did not steal the cookies from the cookie jar. And I would just like to point out that I got straight A's last semester.
Speaker 1: Yeah, puppies, right, Yeah, Now, is this is you need? This is bad. This is a bad way to deal with it. Although I will explain it to you. I'm going to play the other cut real quick, and then I'll explain, because you have to understand how signal works. And it was only once I because again I remember I tried it. I didn't realize and then it dawned upon me. Oh yeah, that is a thing. I'll explain that here in a moment, but real quickly.
Speaker 4: As Director Ratcliffe testified today, his first day on the job, he was introduced to this app on his government systems at the CIA and at the State Department and otherwise. So look this journalist, mister president. Once the world talking about more hoaxes and this kind of nonsense, rather than the freedom that you're enabling. And a key part of our sovereignty is open sea lanes and knocking the crap out of terrors.
Speaker 1: Again, again, I hate the way we're doing this because here's the only other possibility if nobody added him knowing that that was him or maxing that you can pick your screen name and how you appear in these things. So are they implying that Goldberg mocked his screen name to change it to like John Ratcliffe? You get what I'm saying, Ross, because they because you can, you can, you can make it the way that you would appear in there. You can make it whatever name you want. So was he Are they implying that he somehow infiltrated their signal system, pretended, you know, punched in a name that somebody within the National security apparatus who was then added. Because there's probably there was more than just three people on this thing. There's clearly more because that are we really going to go down that road? And if they are, they better be able to prove it because if that is in fact what happened. And I don't know that I believe that Goldberg should go to jail.
Speaker 3: I was about to say that sounds criminal.
Speaker 1: It sounds criminal, yes, So if you're going to make that charge, I don't And I just felt it was like people that are there's a bunch of influencers that have a lot more communication with this administration for obvious reasons, right, because the influencers and and and you know, the new media and all that were instrumental. And and you know Trump's got about ten that are kind of his favorites. He always retweets Elon has his favorites and all that. So I'm sure they're on, you know, they're having text conversations. So are they getting are some of these influencers getting fed that? Like it's soda money, sweet sweet soda money. I don't know, but like this whole thing would be behind you if you just come out and be like, yeah, so here's here's what happened, Here's how it got screwed up. Yes, we do have journalists contacts in there because we prefer if we are communicating, which we hate to do but we have to do sometimes communicating with journalists. We use the signal app. And somebody just you know, screwed up. And here's how they screwed up, and here's the steps we're taken. So it doesn't happen anymore. Let's move on to things that matter, and then you can come out and talk about how you blew the houties to smitherings.
Speaker 3: Right, But it doesn't matter because they have a history of leaks with the previous administration. It's sort of been a thing, so they should live.
Speaker 1: People in these meetings in the Oval office. CNN had a transcript ten minutes later, and you could never find them the hell. So, yeah, I don't, I don't. I don't like the way this is going. And again, if they're going to if they're going to sit here and start a hint that Goldberg like shrouded who he was so he could gain access to this, then you better be able to back that. And if it's true, it should end him, not end him late, end him. But you know what I mean, We'll be back a tesla a Tesla vandal. Here's the deal again. How have these vandals not figured out yet that there's cameras on these cars? Like that doesn't make any sense to me. So there's some resort up in New Hampshire looked like kind of look like the Greenbrier actually look very cool. They're in the parking lot of it, and you see these two jackasses get out of another vehicle and they're clearly going golfing right those Because there's no other reason you wear bright orange pants unless you shop the John Daily Collection golfers, know what I mean. So he's wearing bright orange pants and and he he clearly vandalizes this tesla. Well, I don't know if the owner was sitting I don't even know how the owner initially knew. Maybe the owner's just sitting in there having a beer watching this happen. So the police show up while these dudes are basically still doing what they're doing, kind of walked away. And then the guy, even though he's on camera and he's the only guy wearing like hunter orange pants, I was like, no, it wasn't me, it's probably somebody else. How can you tell that's me? And that the guy's like, you're wearing orange pants? Bro right, Well, it turns out, uh he uh, he clearly looks like he's the one who did it. I guess he hasn't been convicted yet, but I don't think that's a felony. Up in New Hampshire, that's a felony. So this dude gets to now deal with that because he couldn't control his urges before he went out and to do some golfing.
Speaker 3: Every dive, every time I see pictures of these guys, they're wearing like their pajama pants. I saw one wear no Lilo and Stitch pajamas.
Speaker 1: There's a grown man wearing Lilo and Stick. By the way, do you know where that happened? No idea. Okay. First of all, the woman who owns the car is in a wheelchair, so and it's a modified Tesla for her wheelchair. So like already, like you're vandalizing this woman's only way of really getting around. And she was just trying to order and eat some delicious unlimited soup, salad and breadsticks. It was in the parking lot of and all.
Speaker 3: Of god, Oh no, no, okay, So I yeah, no, I have seen this and I that's yeah. I did a deep dive and I did some of my own investigation and it's clearly a Carabas.
Speaker 1: Tuscany. The woman says, I was getting set down to eat at Olive Garden.
Speaker 3: I'm tired of these hoaxes. We had the Russian hoax, we had the suckers and Losers home, and now we have the Olive Garden Tesla keying Leelo and Stitch hoax. That's what this is. Wait in front of me, hoax.
Speaker 1: You're calling the woman who owns the car in the wheelchair a liar.
Speaker 3: I believe the audio might have been altered.
Speaker 1: Oh okay, so you think the local news station that ran that piece, Oh yeah, you can't trust them. But if I can see Olive Garden behind her while she's being in it, dude.
Speaker 3: Look at it. It's clearly a carabus.
Speaker 1: It's it's it's so justiny. I don't even know what to do.
Speaker 3: Alive Garden is safe, dude. No, It's authentic Italian cuisine and the chefs are trained in Tuscany.
Speaker 1: So you think that this is a roundabout hit job. I think that it should. I think that No. I think you're you're going the wrong park here. Man, Listen to me. Hear me out, hear me out. If if, if it's not a hoax, it should be a rallying cry to people too. What what what have you seen all these people do after Tesla started getting attacked? What all these people have got a lot of money, I guess, but on Twitter doing what do you see? Everybody just went on about to Tesla. So I think you don't play this as a hoax. I think you point out, hey, this happened at Olive Gardens, so that America says, damn it, you're not going to attack me when I want unlimited soup, salad and breadsticks or other delicious pasta selections. You know anyway, and you could build your own pasta. That's amazing. You're not even a chef. You get to build your own pasta. So this clear, and then they'll have to open more olive gardens.
Speaker 3: This click demand right, This clearly happened at an olive garden. And I've been saying that from the beginning.
Speaker 1: Okay, goodwind, rewind the day, rewind it? Yeah, or no, just delete it and pretend it never happened, and then talk about a pull of Mike Waltz and then just talk about your enemies.
Speaker 3: There's one thing in common with all these idiots is the pajamas at two o'clock in the afternoon. This guy was Ali La and Stitch. And also the mug shots. Have you seen the mugshots afterwards? They all tend to be crying, like blubbering, like.
Speaker 1: He didn't even wait for his mugshot. He was crying why where they were putting him? In the back of that police car up in New York. Remember that whiny little cry baby from last week. But how this happened? Oh and then, and then, just so you know who the worst people in the world are. Did you the guy they arrested. His name is Jim Pellis. He's a masshole. He's a Patriots fan. So, like now I have been proven correct on this again, just because I assume all Patriots fans are terrorist.
Speaker 3: Right when you think that franchise can't sink at me lower this happens.
Speaker 1: These are the people buying your merch, somebody who would commit domestic terrorism. Absolutely, I can't.
Speaker 3: Tell you there's one place in the AFC East where that would not happen. Oh really, yeah, unbiased opinion. Buffalo just know what?
Speaker 1: Let me let me check Ross's work here, Hold on, Buffaloes love vandalism. Let me see if the if there's even a story. Nope, not a thing, not a thing. Oh, they did one in Schenectady, though they did have one in schnect What come on, man, it's your hometown. Yeah, so tell your mom not to buy a Tesla, I guess. Yeah, but of course it was a guy from Massachusetts. Because you know why, they have no they got no chill, no filter. I think they can do whatever they want. Well, long arm of the laws coming for you, bro. A guy who used to work as the regional sales director for Armor Code. His employer has already been like, yeah, we're not going to do that anymore. So I hope it was worth it, my guy. Now you're not gonna be able to afford new those John Daily, those loud pants. You know, golf rost. There are people who wear that stuff and and try. Remember you're Kevin Campbell come in sometimes with some of his golf guron right. A few times he came in the studio like that he was one of them. He wears the ugliest damn golf stuff you've ever seen in your life. By design, that's his thing. Can't trust those guys, especially not if they're Patriots fans on top of everything else where's Wes Newton, mass don't care anyway. Although it's funny because I have a friend who's from Vermont and there's nothing they hate more than people from Massachusetts coming up there. It's like their Colorado's from me growing up in Wyoming. They got beef with them, So I think that's funny, all right. A couple other things we got to get to here a little more. A little more sound. So I don't know if you saw the what's going on with Greenland? So on Monday they announced that the second first Lady of the United States, so the Vice President's wife, which is slow test. I don't know if I like that. Ross does the term slow test sound a little bit? Yeah, I don't like that. I'm not calling his I'm not saying that the USHA is. I just don't like the I don't like the mark us slowest. She's a slow test. You ever date a slowest? Man? Ah? No, you don't want to do that. No, I don't. I don't know if I like that. So we'll just go second first, like well, miss miss Vance whatever. So she was going to go up to visit Greenland. It was just going to be her. I think maybe there would probably be some other people, but as far as figureheads go, it was just going to be her. And remember she's not elected officials. She's going up there doing it. So a couple of the like the Prime Minister up there, he's got a really funny name. I can't remember what it is right now, but I would make fun of it if I did. And and so they got all but her, and they're like oh, you can't do that. So do you see what happened? They announced yesterday that her husband's going with her. So now you guys have trash talked your way into an official state visit, which they'll you know they'll do because that's just common courtesy. They're not going to bar him from it. But now it's going to get so much more pub right. No other than them writing the story that Usha was going up there, there would have been a follow up with some pictures of her up there, and that would have been the end of it. Now the vice president of the United States is going up there, so it's gonna be a whole it's gonna be a three ring circus. And it's all because you couldn't just shut up and let her go visit Greenland, which would have been non consequential. She's not negotiating stuff, she's not picking out new flag colors like, she's just up there to visit. And yeah, there's symbolism to it, but it wouldn't have been a big deal. And now you made it a big deal. So a good job.
Speaker 10: Hey guys, it's Shady Vans, the vice president, And you know, there was so much excitement around Usha's visit to Greenland this Friday, that I decided that I didn't want her to have all that fun by herself, and so I'm going to join her. I'm going to visit some of our guardians in the Space Force on the northwest coast of Greenland, and also just check out what's going on with the security there of Greenland. As you know, it's really important. A lot of other countries have threatened Greenland, have threatened to use its territories.
Speaker 1: And it's you get the gist of it. So now you've made a state visit. By the way, I love the sarcasm at the beginning of that cut. Uh, this is real quick, and then we'll tell we'll talk.
Speaker 10: Hey guys, it's Shady Vans, the vice president. And you know, there was so much excitement around Usha's visit to Greenland.
Speaker 1: This Listen to how sarcastic he is. Maybe like, I didn't I didn't know. I didn't I didn't know the back story. Oh you didn't know the back I didn't know the backstory. So now that makes it even better when you hear him, you know, yeah, video, yeah, you know why because the story of Usha going was not really a story. Nobody cared except you know, a couple of politicians up in Greenland who just got himself a state visit. Ray apologized across his wife that poor poor woman had to go out and her car is all covered with you and then you know, to take the school and I didn't do it.
Speaker 3: My kid was crying raight.
Speaker 9: Oh gosh, I'm sorry. Well, all of my apologies to Rawson family. It's that time of year, it's polland andefully there's no smoke in the air. I think Triad triangle northern half to eastern half of the state doing a little better. More the fire and the smoke in the air is west of Charlotte, where even down toward Greenville and Anderson as you get into western South Carolina, there's been some chatter about with this northwest free some of that smoke getting into the air.
Speaker 1: I got a couple of Clemson wildfires. Now, sorry, I couldn't resist your bracket, you know what. Not one of them screwed, no, but the other one I'm doing. Okay, I'm actually leading. I'm tied for leading right now.
Speaker 9: So I'm still in it because I don't think anybody in the family bracket has in the men's the winter's still playing, they might, but I've still got like a couple of the final four teams still in and the whim's bracket I got you kin wintering at Also on the wind's side.
Speaker 1: I would be hosed on the other one, though, so what's that? What it is? It? Had Connecticut be Florida, I would have been loosed on the other right right, all right?
Speaker 9: But yeah, well that'll be coming to an end soon and then it's all downhill to the football season. Can't wait across the region this morning? Who cares about baseball?
Speaker 1: I don't really.
Speaker 9: I probably just now another way here, But I do.
Speaker 1: To apologize to everybody, now.
Speaker 9: I know, I gotta apologize to everybody because I do, just not as much as football anyway. Some cooler are on the way. There's frost advisories up for many of us for tomorrow morning, so add in with the cooler temperatures and the pollen, maybe a little frost's scrape off the windshield. As we're in the forties, mid upper forties this morning, could be a load of mid thirties tomorrow morning. After a pretty decent day today, we're cooler, but load of mid sixties with a little breeze and lots of sunshine, so no help not only for the pollen but for the fire danger, especially to the west. Tonight clear, a little mid thirties, some upper thirties around, so not everybody's gonna see frost, Apache frost, I think from Raleigh east. Uh, less of a chance sun tomorrow and partly sunny. Warming trend mid upper sixties tomorrow. By Friday we're in the mid upper seventies. Next chance of showers tail end of the weekend, early next week could get so much deth rainfall in here.
Speaker 1: All right, Hey you sir, We'll be easy moore tomorrow, see you and we'll come back with Jeff Bellinger next Bloomberg up date, down with Jeff Pallinger. Jeff, what's going on? Well, good morning, casey.
Speaker 11: Stock market futures are mixed only the Nasdaq futures are lower at the moment.
Speaker 3: S and P futures are up four.
Speaker 11: Now futures are up seventy four and the Nasdaq futures are down six. A deal will split two discount chains. Dollar Tree has agreed to sell its family Dollar chain to two private equity firms for about one billion dollars. This deal ends Dollar trees effort to transform itself into a giant discounter. It bought Family Dollar ten years ago for almost nine billion dollars. The transaction will cut Dollar Tree store count roughly in half. There was an unexpected three tenths percent decline last month and orders for business equipment. It was the first drop since October. In the closely followed component of the government's Durable Goods report, bookings for all durable goods were up nine tens percent last month. We're learning more about Apple's plans for its annual Worldwide Developers Conference. Mark German reports a lot of new software will be introduced during the week long event that kicks off June ninth. Its expected Apple will be taking the wraps off redesigned operating systems for the iPhone, iPad, and Mac. People are still spending money on their pets. Chewy posted stronger than expected quarterly results and issued surprisingly strong guidance and Casey. The advertising industry often says there's no such thing as bad publicity, but Duke University begs to differ. A scene in the HBO show The White Lotus shows a character wearing a Duke t shirt holding a gun to his head while contemplating suicide. That scene has gone viral on social media, where users suggest it might depict what will happen if Duke loses the march A tournament. Duke is not amused, but lawyers say there's not much the university can do casey oh shot.
Speaker 1: Uh you know what when Cooper flagged their star got they didn't know how injured he was during the a SEC tournament. I place of Duke fans contemplating that.
Speaker 3: So whatever, all right, thank.
Speaker 1: You, Jeff, appreciate it. Okay, have a good day. Ross, I just texted you something amazing. Did you see this? The newest Teslavania.
Speaker 3: It just popped up on my phone.
Speaker 1: Oh is that a Brio Kart character? What is that? That's a Mario Kart. Ross gonna tweet this thing out so you'll get to see it too.
Speaker 3: So it kind of looks like Warrior or some but something on on like an ATV or like a four wheeler.
Speaker 1: Oh, I'm sorry, warrios can it's uh, it's yeah, it looks like a right, it's I mean it's not. It looks like it's a kit built a h I don't call it an ATV. But it looks like a Rio car. It's like it's a it's a kid ATV. So you you it's not. I don't know how to describe it. You have to see it. But on it is about what some three pound dude.
Speaker 3: I was about to say, whatever it is, it looks like it's about to break.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's that that medals earning, its earning, its keep there. Yeah, Warrio's canceled. You didn't know that Warrio's canceled, all right? Because of the Elon Musk in SNL. Yep. Yeah, so they were trying. Somebody modded him out of a game or something. I forgot to put that in the stack. It's like and I'm like, can you mod Nintendo games too? By the way, aren't they really like closed stort? I don't know enough about it, but yeah, somebody modded it so that Warrio wasn't in something. I don't remember what the game was. It just sounded like the dumbest thing, like it probably took that guy an enordent amount of time. All right, So this is what Tech's arcana the Do you have the story open us? I can't. I don't know how to say this dude's name d E m A r q E. Well, do you have a Q? Would know you after it? That's not right. D E M A r q E y u N.
Speaker 3: The the Demargian demark.
Speaker 1: Wayan Cox I can say his last name. This attempted to ram multiple teslas in Texar, Canada, Texas. This is another thing. What are you doing in Texas screwing around like this