Speaker 1: Big Food and be on with Cliff and Bubo. These guys are your favorites, so like to subscribe and raid it five stock and me righteous on us today and listening watching Limb always keep it's watching.
Speaker 2: And now your host's Cliff Berrickman and James Boobo Fay, Hello, Bobs up nothing man, just chilling hanging out, getting ready to do a podcast right here.
Speaker 3: I thought you were Gonnay, I'm getting ready. Like building Melissa's haunted house stuff.
Speaker 4: Well that is for after the podcast today. Actually, there's a couple of things on my agenda, and certainly getting all the Halloween stuff out of the shop is part of that. You know, Sammy, she has more than one complete shelving unit, and you know, like I build these shelving units out a two by fours, they're you know, two feet by eight feet essentially, and she has more than one full of just halloween stuff. So that is gonna be a big part of my afternoon today. So yeah, we're gonna go buy some pumpkins and all that sort of stuff because it is Halloween time, which is at least half the year at my house, but it's also the most important season of the year. So that's kind of what I'm up to so today, at least today. Yesterday, though I was in the woods, I got out to the woods yesterday a little bit found a possible track way. It was pretty vague interesting. I mean, it wasn't just like one print in the ground, and it wasn't clear by any means, but there were toes at least what I'm interpreting is toes. But it was on a rocky gravelly road, actually the same spot I took you when you me and Dave went out last year. At some point right at that intersection there, I observed four tracks in the ground, and I think I was a three track, no One two. There were three clearly observable, and I think I'm missing one, and there was also a partial that might have been one, and it's hard to say. So yeah, I thought I was missing one in the sequence of tracks. But if these were Sasquatch tracks, I cast one as usual. It looks terrible. But if these were Sasquatch tracks, it was I may measured about fifteen inches long a little bit more, which is a different new size, new size for this place. So far, I've only gotten the fourteen, which is actually a thirteen and a half and twelve, which is actually only eleven and a half. But there's a decent chance that this is actually the thirteen and a half or fourteen inch individual, just leaving a little bit bigger print as all. So I don't know. I don't know, but it might be a new one. So I'm going to keep my eye on the area, try to get out there once or twice a week as weather permits. Although I shouldn't even say as weather permits, because it dumped on me yesterday when I was out there. I was out there alone, just walking in the downpours, getting soaked. Man, it was cold and wet. And then I went to a different elevation and sure enough, snow yesterday. Snow no way, yeah, I mean, I mean, not only was it just hailing because the tumultuous weather, but there was actually light dusting of snow everywhere.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it was.
Speaker 4: So it's winters here, man, It's the middle of October and the winter's already here.
Speaker 3: So well, I guess that's not that out of the organ I guess for this time of the year. It's a little early, but unheard of.
Speaker 4: No, No, this is the time when the light switch changes and suddenly it's not nice every day anymore and stuff, and it's basically winter. So yeah, I think the upper elevations are going to be closed now. I might be able to squeeze one more trip up to Timothy Lake or something like that, but that's about it. After that, I think it'll be done. I'd like to go poke around there. Some tracks are found in November of last year, just outside of the Timothy Lake area. I'd like to go check out that area, walk around, see if there's anything going on that I can detect. But we will see, we will see. We're at the mercy of mother nature as usual. Anything going on with you.
Speaker 3: I'm just down with the folks has done so. I also not doing my which I've called Wally a couple of times, trying to get ahold of them, but I haven't heard back anything.
Speaker 4: Well, you know there's other people down there too. Maybe you can get together some of the old funny big foot folks or something and hang out with them and be good to see them, I'm sure.
Speaker 5: Or organize a pigeons reunion.
Speaker 4: Or yeah, pigeon reunion. Now, I'd get the flock back together.
Speaker 3: There is gonna be a little bit of one on Saturday.
Speaker 4: Really get some pictures for us.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, yeah, it's gonna be a lot of guys. It's where we went to a grade school. In junior high. There is the annual fair, So we'll go down there.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, I go perch a little bit in some of those trees. Used to hang that in.
Speaker 3: Those are all gone. Not because of us either.
Speaker 4: You might be too big to perch in those things nowadays. Anyway, you've grown a little bit since then.
Speaker 3: I talked with you for yesterday. He did tell me that where the origin of the word, because I can't remember where the pigeon came from. And it was because when he was in when him and tr another pigeon were in grade school, like seventh grade or something, that coach wanted to call him the seagull their soccer team, and it was a sisters team's name in the year before was the Seagulls, and so they were protesting that it was a girl tame name, and the goes, what do you want me to call you guys the pigeons, And those guys thought that was pretty cool, so they that's where the name came from.
Speaker 4: You know, you could have called yourself the he Goals. When we get old, we can call ourselves the bald Hegels.
Speaker 3: That's good to let you're on fire.
Speaker 4: No, I haven't changed a bit, Bobs. I'm just wearing you down. You're coming to the dark side. You're just appreciating my humor more. You're changing. It's not me.
Speaker 3: I appreciate the good stuff.
Speaker 4: Well anyway, it's it is Halloween times. So we thought that maybe a fun thing to do for this particular episode is kind of get into the spookier side of things and you get outside the Bigfoot thing just for a second, go beyond Bigfoot, if you will. So a couple of people have been writing in and then asking for some stuff. So maybe I'll pass the microphone to Matt prou and you can kind of set us up here.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 6: One of our members on the Patreon side, Nick McKay, had written in for our members only Q and A episodes, and he had said quote Cliff had alluded to a ghostly experience in the past. Although I'm a firm believer in the Squatch, I'm more of a skeptic when it comes to ghosts. Nevertheless, I love to hear ghostly stories and was hoping you guys might have something to tell, And so I thought, you know, rather than doing that in an answer to a question in a whole series of questions, since it's Halloween, we could be fun to do a whole Halloween special episode because I know both you guys have some pretty good ghost stories.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I've had some really weird things happened to me in my life, and you know, and people might be surprised because I'm the science s guy or whatever, you know, I'm an advocate of science and all that sort of stuff. But at the same time I've had weird stuff happened. My weird antenna has been up for quite a while, and when your antenna is up, it attracts the right kinds of stuff. The whole reason I liked the bigfoot thing is because I was such a weird kid essentially and weird young adult. I just liked unusual things, you know, And I stumbled across bigfoot stuff, and I realized that it wasn't as weird as I thought. And the weird stuff, you know, could go in a different corner of my life just for entertaining thought experiments, whereas this bigfoot thing, well, that's biology, you know, and I can apply biological methods and that sort of stuff to it, and that's what I started doing. So I don't think there's anything weird or paranormal about sasquatches at all, really, And many people would disagree, and that's fine, do what you want to do. But I'm only basing on my experience, my thirty years plus experience in this field, being around these things, having seen one or two of them in my life, been tracking them and smelling them and hearing them. Never ever, ever, once, if I ever had anything weird happen to me that out of the ordinary around Bigfoot stuff. So I don't think there's anything there, but that is me that I don't enjoy the idea or of paranormal things, you know. So just to dispel that incorrect belief and rumor that circulates about me out there that I'm no fun about all that sort of stuff, I just don't think it applies to Bigfoot in any way whatsoever. But yeah, I've certainly had some ghost stuff, and I know Bobo has had more than his fair share of ghost weird stuff.
Speaker 3: Too, fair share, not more than more than well, yeah.
Speaker 4: You're fair share Okay, yeah, Bobo. Here here's a question for you. Before I launched a couple of short stories here, how far back can you remember, like how old were you when you had some some of your very very first weird things happened to you.
Speaker 3: My next door neighbor's house, which since it's been torn down. When I was growing up, they had weird stuff out at their house, Like did hear the drawers like the civil where George stuff like that in the kitchen, Like it was like those little round circle latches that like run a hen so like you lived at the circle finger and pull the drawer.
Speaker 4: Were out, oh kind of like a door knocker or something like.
Speaker 3: That, right, yeah, yeah, exactly, those would go off sometimes. I heard that a couple times. They talk about it, and I heard it once or twice.
Speaker 4: And how old were you then?
Speaker 3: Junior high like maybe like you know, under sixteen, like anywhere from twelve to fifteen. But I didn't seeing or hear anything. They never felt anything. The person I had that was like really weird para normally was the Evering around two thousand, two thousand and two. Somewhere there was when I had my first where I saw like that shadow thing.
Speaker 4: Well, you tell us a little bit more about that. I don't.
Speaker 3: I don't.
Speaker 4: I can't remember which one this is.
Speaker 3: Oh, I was living in that house and we were moving out, and I had that by big pit bull Dday, that big one hundred and five pound pit bull that was like a really good guard dog, and he was he was chilling there with me and I was in the bedroom and we had a big open door with like a ten foot wide doorway going into the kitchen area from the the living room dining room. There's an old house with like the fourth oldest house in Arcada. So and everyone told us it was haunted, but it made so much noise all the time anyways that you know, stuff settles and temperature changes. You know, there's pops and all that kind of sounds. And so I never I never listened to people and they say those places wanted. I can feel it, and I was like, I don't, I don't know. This seems fine to me. And then after being there for several years, it was moving out and I was actually unloading my shotgun, you know, put it in the truck and move it. And as I was unloading it, I see the my bedroom door look out into the dining room right where it went into the living room. I mean it in the kitchen area. The kitchener had like a like a ten foot wide doorway, you know, so we had an old quilt pinned up over that to keep the heat in the living room and dining area where we hung out because the kitchen was big and kind of drafty. And I was sitting there and all of a sudden I saw it when I like, it looked like a uh like just someone like whatever. All it was just all black, like a shadow. Yeah, that curtain lifted up and the shadow went through like where the curtain looked up, it went through, and I was like, I thought it was like someone saw that thought the house was empty because we were moving out, but came into sea or something. I didn't know what it was. And I had my shot and I ran out and DD he was barking and charging out and my next onever was flushing his engine on his on his outboard. Right there, Bo was there, and I said, dude, I go, and he's like, no one's, no one's here. And I ran and looked down through the field and there was there was no one there. And I was like they must all they went into the bathroom. So I got DJ we ran back in the house because he could go off the kitchen into the bathroom, and there's a pantry in there, and I thought, it's in the pantry of the bathroom, and I ran and there was no one in there, and I thought, well, they must have circled back through the house and there was nobody there. And then a couple years that I've heard about the shadow people whatever you like, people like there's just a silhouette of a black shadow and that's I guess what I saw. It was. It was perplexing and refuddling, but it wasn't like scary.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, that makes sense. That makes sense. I mean, because not all ghost things or whatever are scary.
Speaker 3: Right.
Speaker 4: Sometimes it's like, what the heck was that? Then you realize later that shouldn't have been there. I've even heard of Bigfoot reports like that where they thought it was a person or whatever, and then later on was wait, that wasn't a person. You just thought it was something normal, which is probably the first instinct of most people. Stay tuned for more Bigfoot and Beyond with Cliff and Bobo will be right back after these messages.
Speaker 3: I did have one. Another weird thing happened the time I saw I remember it was December two thousand and one, and I was staying at the Volcanhouse on North Shore, a walk who read a pipeline and one of the guys lived in, This guy Brucey Brews, iarns he won the pipe Maasters. That day there was this huge party and so it's just going richter. And then that night I was outside because it started getting pretty dark and like real bad energy, like really batter. There was like a bunch of fights, and then so I was outside with this guy Kai Kayborg. He was like two time super heavyweight street fighting Chapion of the world down in Rio. It was him and this guy Sunny Garcia, who was like this. He was a really well known kind of Hawaiian guy, like he'd win the world title like the year before or two years before, something like that for a pro server. He was a big, pretty buff dude. He was. He was a known tough guy whatever. And so the three of us are sitting out there talking and we were like going, Madison's getting pretty ugly in there, and Ty was getting ready to throw everybody out. So we're sitting and I'm looking I had my back to the house looking at the ocean, and Ty was forty. He was like a nine yearree angle from the beach looking he was looking down like up up the beach, looking east. And then Sonny was he had his back to the ocean looking at the party, then be off to like Sonny's left shoulder on the right side, on my right. In the bushes, it's just a small space like maybe twelve feet wide, like fifteen feet at the most, like twelve feet or some bushes there along between the sand and the and the where it drops off down on the beach from the property. There's there's still about twelve foot space. And in those bushes, I swear to you also there's like three heads just kind of like materialized. They were all kind of brown, like what were they almost see through looking, but they were like three or four times the size of a normal human head. They were. They were big. They were probably like you know, two foot by like you know, twenty four by eighteen inches or something like that, you know, something like that. And they were all like touching each other like three dots like a pyramid shape almost like like a pyramid tilted on its side. I guess thereic cahunas whatever. So that was a hay out. That was a hay out they sacrifice. Wherever we were standing was a hayout. They used to sacrifices there. What's a hayout like a temple old Hawaiian temple area. So I go, no way, I'm like, there's some ghost heads and I don't I don't think even looks. He just goes and Sunny just started chanting, dude, and I guess I guess what he was singing. It was like a chant was he was saying, I'm Sunny from the this and this family line, and you chant out like your your back of your family lineage and who your family vanquished, because those might be ghosts of someone that your family killed, that you killed them. It's not like you got to be scared because your family killed them. Is like we're more powerful than you, Like this is my family line, Like whatever your family line is, you're not as powerful with my family line. It's kind of like how I guess he explained it later, but like he started chanting like like these Hawaiian I didn't I didn't know what the hell I was saying, I guess it was mostly just names. They sayd the son of the son of that. And then ty Tony closed your eyes and looked down. They both had their eyes closed looking down, and I did. And then I those my eyes and looked down. I waited about thirty th I opened up my looks and go, they're still there. He like, close your eyes and look down, and he just didn't say nothing, and Sonny was doing his little pant thing. Then I closed my eyes for like another thirty seconds. I opened him again. They were gone. Yeah, so that's the only time I've ever seen the ghosts. Really. Yeah. I thought I saw a second shuttle Man in Ohio, but that turned out to not be a shadow man.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that was actually a Sasquatch. Yeah, that was That was pretty funny. I remember I went to the You were in the suv at the time because you'd already finished your interview, and I go, bobes Man, there's a dude. You go, Clive, I think I saw a shadow man. What there shadow mass? No, No, you you saw a Sasquatch. I came here to tell you there's one here right now. It's like shadow man. That's that's the most logical explanation, that was a big foot man. It followed us back to the base camp.
Speaker 3: It was cool.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Flippy had a rocks thrown at him. I heard Knox while I was doing my interview. Several of the producers got pretty close with that thing, and I know you saw it, and a couple of other people heard it and got scared out of their place and stuff. And that's not paranormal, that's just the big foot stuff.
Speaker 3: So that female preducer that smokes cigarettes, that she was bad I to got and smoked away from, you know, the main area. She went down by the river. She thought it was messing with her, like going back and forth, rumbling, mumbling and like picking rocks down in the creek. And then it came up and walked up behind her, and oh and she flipped out and ran and shut herself like. I didn't tell anybody till till afterwards that it happened to her.
Speaker 4: Yeah, some pretty cool stuff happened off camera. And of course if it doesn't happen on camera, it doesn't make the show, so it doesn't really matter. Yeah, well, you know, so you sound like you're you're dip into that the weird paranormal ghost stuff happened pretty late in life. Yeah, because I look back at my life and I don't know. I mean when you're when you're really young, it's hard to say what's real and what's not, you know, because I think that the little day you look at the way, like small small young children behave like they're clearly on a different level, you know, they're they're the veil is much thinner for them, right, It's kind of like cats, you know. I do like small children, I mean like two or three years old, maybe four, there are kind of like cats. They see things and experience of reality that the adults just simply do not, Right. So I look back at some of the things that happened to me when I was very very young, and I would venture a guess I was three or four years old, and I don't know what's real. I assume a lot of this stuff isn't real. But I had some very weird things happen to be back then. One of the earliest memories I have is being at the end of the hallway. We had a long hallway in my house, you know, connected all three of the bedrooms in some various ways to the living room and stuff. I remember. I don't even know how young I was. Again, this is one of my earliest foggy I do remember being in my crib. I have a couple weird memories of being in my crib. Cheese that just reminded me of another one. Yeah, I'll tell you that one first. I do remember lying in my crib. And again, I don't know how old I was when I graduated out of my crib, but I remember lying on my crib and it was a wooden crib. I remember the room it was in. Ended up in my bedroom, you know, through my adolescents and stuff. And on the wall was a painted plaster clown, you know, like y'all painted up and you know, this is like nineteen seventy three or something like that. You know, I was born in nineteen seventy so this had to be in nineteen seventy three, in nineteen seventy four, so you can imagine the style of art that we're dealing with. It was a plaster clown that had been painted and I remember it very vividly, you know, and I always thought it was very weird that sometimes you know, it was a clown. So it was smiling sometimes, but other times it wasn't. It was frowning, And I never even thought about that, right, So how a plaster clown could be both smiling and frowning sometimes. But you know, you're a little kid, you don't really question these things. And I remember, probably a decade and a half later, I probably was like fifteen or sixteen or more, at my grandparents' house when they were still alive, and you know, rummaging around and looking for treasures in my grandma's house because she always my grandma Grandpa's house, because he had such cool stuf in their like spare rooms and garage and all that sort of stuff. And I ran across the clown and it blew my mind because there it was smiling, but yet I have clear memories of it frowning at me. I guess it's a foreshadowing of psychological issues later in live for something I don't know. And speaking of foreshadowing, another thing I witnessed or I have a memory of, is that I was very, very afraid of the dark when I was a kid. You know, I think it's part of the reason that I embraced the bigfoot thing. Because I'm an advocate of if you're afraid of something, you should just go jump into it, get over it, you know. But I remember being I was afraid of the dark, so might I would sleep with my door open, you know, to let the ambient light into the of the rooms. And I remember lying on my side one night and looking out the door or whatever into that very same hallway, the hallway that I'm gonna get to in a minute, and I swear I have a memory of a three three and a half foot tall, hairy biped running past the door. How crazy is that? Like, as far as foreshadowing.
Speaker 3: That's that is that's kind of weird, right.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, And of course, you know, I'm sure paranormal advocates are going see they're inside your house, Cliff, I go, dude, that was like three or three. Now, I suspect it was something else, something that I don't think it was a sasquatch in my house. Come on, I don't believe that for a second. But you know, some other things I observed, like one time, I swear to god, I saw seven foot easter bunny at the end of the hall. But again, I was like a kid, So what's real? What's not? I don't know. I still remember what the way it looked though.
Speaker 3: I saw six footunny when I was five. Really it was my dad. It was my dad in the dark, going around and in my mind, in my mind, he turned into a six foot tall rabbit. Yeah.
Speaker 4: See, that's what I'm talking about. Like, as a kid man, you just don't know what's real and what's not. Which are inventing which you know, It's like it's like kids are tripping all the time on the hallucinogenics or something. They just have that built into the brain.
Speaker 3: You know, I did the instrum. Bunny was coming that night, and you know, I heard movements. So I'm pretty light sleep right, I heard something moving around, so I jumped up and got out of bed, looking dark. It was dark, there were no lights on or anything. And I was just like, seize your bunny. And then I was ye, see somebody sees your bunny. And it turned out I was just my dad.
Speaker 4: Well, you know I've seen your dad. That's a reasonable reasonable mix up there.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 4: There's one other thing that I remember very vividly, and then this this scared the s the sha poop out of me. This scared me bad. I remember again, I had a night light because I was afraid of the dark when I was very young, and I I was probably like five at this time or something like that. And I remember lying on my side, just like, you know, staring at the night light. And I'm assuming this is some sort of in between sleep and awake state hallucination, you know, that sort of thing, you know. But I remember lying on my side, the blankets over there, and you know, I'm just facing my room and very slowly rising up from from where I couldn't see it like next to my bed. I had a fear of things living under my bed too. My mom, gods, she would always say, don't let the gorilla under your bed get you, which is a horrible thing to say, is to a child, Because there's a gorilla under my bed. I didn't know about this, you know, and that scared me for a long time. And again I think that probably fed my or you know, put some wind in my sails towards the Sasquatch Island I live on now, you know, being afraid of these gorilla things under my bed. But I was laying on my side and it was night, my parents were in bed. I remember that, and then slowly rising up from next to my bed, was ahead of some sort and in the light it appeared, you know, gray or something like that. And I just when the head started coming up next to my bed, I just remember it as this is a little kid. I'm thinking, Oh my god, and I froze in fear as this head slowly rose up until I could see down to about its nose and it was looking at me. And you know, at that time, I had already been super interested in really in love with the universal monsters, you know, Dracula, you know, Frankenstein and Wolf, all that kind of stuff. And at the time, the thing I thought it looked like most was the Phantom of the Opera. I think it's long chainey that plays that, you know, with like the deep dark, sunken black eyes and the weird looking nose and the big forehead and all that sort of stuff. And it was just and it rose up to about its nose and it was just looking at me, and of course I was looking back at it, just horrified, absolutely petrified in fear. And I remember it's like I was trying to yell, which is why I think that maybe I was half asleep, because one of those things, but I couldn't do it, and I eventually yelled, and then when I did yell, it just went poop back down underneath the bed. And then that was horrifying and scary and every single way. And I still remember all of all of these events pretty well as well as you can looking back, you know, fifty years into an already cloudy memory, you know. But those were some of the earliest weird things that I saw growing up and whatnot. But that's not what the question was about, even though I think they're pretty interesting stories and weird in this very very spooky, halloweeny kind of things to share with the listeners. And yeah, these are some of my experiences that I have filed away in my in my memory.
Speaker 3: There I almost forgot, I do you have my scariest It was up in Hoopa now, staying at my buddy. And where they lived was where Fort Humboldt was. I think I was called Fort Humble, Yeah, where they where they were Fort Humbles on Humble Bay whatever it was in Hoopa. There was like you listen to says, ground had been stations out there for a while. And anyways, there was the fort. There was a courthouse there and there was a tree, the hanging tree, and that tree still here. It was in my friend's yard and his wife and we went to bed. She came in and goes, if you have any problems, grab this bible and ask you to help you. And I said, well, she goes, if you need this, there's a bible here on the butt on the nightstand. Take it and say Jesus helped me, and he will. I was like all right, And so, you know, we were going to sleep, but were going to bed, and I was laying there and I was it was a sodium light like a you know, Orange lake. I don't know if a street light or a yard light anyways, so that there was a light outside and it was lighting up the room kind of and then I just remember feeling like this full negative evil energy come in and I couldn't see anything, but this thing like kind of came around me, like it was like a heavy presence and it and it came and started crushing my chest and I couldn't breathe, and it started pushing harder and harder, and I was frozen, and I remember going like I'm wide out. I remember looking over at the side, looking turning my head and looking up the window, going okay, I can see the trees and bushes, like I'm totally awake. I'm totally awake, but I'm like it's it's got me locked up and I can't move. It's freezing, it's frozen me, and it's just crushing me. And I was like like having this battle in my mind, going like get off me, get off me, you know, like get off me, get out of here, you know, like that kind of stuff. And then I remember what she said about that Bible, and I said, okay, I gotta get to that Bible. I remember like just struggling and struggling, like I got a hold the Bible and I brought it and I brought it back to over to my chest and I said, she just helped me. Do you tell me? Everything lifted, I could breathe, and I just sat up straight, like bolted up. And then I jumped up out of bed. I was like panting, I was out of breath, and I was just like, oh my god. And I always told that story like I you know, I had my demon incounter. That was a demon. I mean, I know it was one of those you know, lucid dreaming events. But that was the most scared I ever was in any kind of situation like that.
Speaker 4: Well, even if it is some sort of physiological or psychological thing, it doesn't make it any less real for the for you experiencing it.
Speaker 3: No, that was terrifying.
Speaker 4: Stay tuned for more Bigfoot and Beyond with Cliff and Bogo. We'll be right back after these messages.
Speaker 3: Oh you know, I did have another ghost experience. I lived in that Victorian, just big, huge Victoria that got converted in like nine different apartments, and we were above the old carriage house up like on the third floor, and there was two other apartments up there. I was gone fishing or something. I came back and it was like, there's someone broke into the attic up there, and she goes, I was so scared. I was pre they're going to come down into my bedroom. And I was like, she goes, I don't know. They did. They're moving furniture up there and they're living up there. It sounds like I was like, ah, that's weird, and she said she hadn't heard it for a couple of days. So a couple of days later, I was home for a few days and then that evening. It was pretty early still, like seven or eight o'clock. We started hearing someone walking up there and like ragging like some like someone moving like a table, like just with one person, like moving a table, like dragging it. You know. Then you're like how white boots are, like you know, hard, hard souls, like you know, the dresses or something like this pump punk punk like heavy footsteps. We're like, oh, there's someone, Like there's someone up there. There's someone living up there. So I goes, you know, this is called the cops, you know, get them busted. We called the cops and like I was, probably raccoons broken up there. And they went and got a ladder and they came up there and put it in the hallway and CB and went up in there with their flashlights and like they didn't go up all the way. They just like poked their heads and shoulders from there and they flashed it around and said, there's nothing up here. I was like, that's the weirdest thing. I was like his creed always say this place was super haunted, and I was like, no way, And I was like I guess. So then then we heard when we when we were in the hallway. We heard more noise up there, and the cop went back up there and shine the light around, and all of a sudden, he just goes. And I was standing probably about eight or feet back from him, courses towards the entrance door, and he just goes, well, jumped down off the ladder, and everyone everyone like there was closter to him, the media all the like at the scene. Well, well, and then all of a sudden, this oldest air, like like a twenty five degree difference, like drop like a thirty degree difference. It's probably like probably fifty sixty degrees out like this thirty degree air just slowly went not slowly but like walking speed, just went completely engulfing, went past me, and everyone was freaking out on the old nap came down on them and went out towards the exit door, and it smelt like roses.
Speaker 4: Roses.
Speaker 3: Yeah, weird.
Speaker 4: Well, you know the I've had two ghost things happened to well, maybe more, but two.
Speaker 3: To me.
Speaker 4: I mean, I don't know what else you'd what other word you'd put on it, except for some sort of ghost thing. I don't know what else to explain it. Two ghost things happened to me in my semi adult life in adult life. I say semi adult because this happened in between my ninth and tenth grade years in high school. Because in ninth grade I took a Spanish and I did not do well. I got a D in Spanish, so I retook it during summer school, you know, to go back and raise my grade up for GPA stuff, which is funny, yeah, because I speak Spanish all right now, you know, it's pretty okay. But back then I just did not get it for whatever reason. I think that it wasn't mentally mature enough to deal with it. A lot of my subjects were like that. I think I probably can do calculus now, for example, but I just wasn't mentally mature enough when I tried it the first time. But Spanish was a challenge for me at that time, and so my parents would take vacations every summer, you know, and they went without me, you know, which is fine, because I was getting at that age. I didn't want to go anyway, but I couldn't. I was also too young to be trusted at home alone, according to my parents, so I had to go stay at my grandparents' house on Stern's Sterns Avenue or road or whatever down in Long Beach, California. So I remember I was there, and one night I was lying in what used to be my mother's bedroom and my grandmother used it for a sewing room. And there are some old pictures of people who I probably haven't related to, but I don't know, and it's kind of a creepyople stacks of fabric and you know that kind of stuff, lying around and in a lying in a bed, and I remember lying on my right hand side watching the the i'll say digital clock, although I mean, I imagine a lot of our audience might be too young, but a lot of our audience is not too young to know these kinds of digital clocks. It wasn't like an LED screen or what everything like that. It was remember those, I guess. It was like two cards, a top fifty percent and a lower fifty percent, and over both cards the number would be written, but at certain times it would like flip. Yeah, I remember those.
Speaker 3: I had a lone.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, I don't. I'm not sure what that technology is called. But I think some of our older listeners, and I say older, like my age listeners, will remember those. Yeah, I remember staring at one of those clocks, and I don't remember what time it was at the time when it's happened, but I was, as far as I can tell, I was awake. But you know, there's some argument there maybe I wasn't, because weird things happened when you're in between awake and the sleep, right, But as far as I could tell, I was awake. I remember this quite vividly, and I was lying on my right hand side looking at the clock as I was saying, and then about halfway down the bed, the sheets lifted up like like like, imagine again, this is just what I observed. Imagine somebody grabbing the sheets with one hand and then lifting the sheets up so it kind of had draped down from that one place, like in a triangular fashion. You know, That's what it looked like to me something the sheets lifted up. I should say that the sheets lifted up as if somebody was lifting them up with one hand. And I'm like, like, going, what the And then I felt the mattress at that same place where it looked like the sheets were being lifted up. The mattress started pushing down like somebody was getting into bed with me.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 4: And at that point I was I was scared when the when the sheets were up, but when the mattress pushed down, like I was very very frightened, and I kind of panicked and says, it was like halfway down the bed where I was lying and I kind of lie in a fetal position. What I did is I took my one of my legs and I kicked, like with the with the planter surface on my foot, like the bottom sole of my I kicked off that direction where this stuff was happening, and I hit something. It felt like a person. It felt like I was hitting a person like in the mid part of their belly or something like that, or stirnham or something like that. And as I made contact, I heard oh, and the sheet dropped. And that was the end of it, except for the next two hours laying awake in terror, not wanting to wake up my grandparents or anything like that. And I mentioned it to him later and they said, no, nothing, nothing's weird ever happened here or whatever, you know, But that that was the first time that I think I encountered something immensely ghosty as a kind of an adult, you know, what little kid hallucinations aside, but as an adult, that was the first time that I encountered something that really scared me bad and that I couldn't explain that I seemed to have my facilities about. You know, it seems like I believe I was awake during that time. Maybe I wasn't, and that's the explanation for it. But even then, it's just scared the heck out of me. Stay tuned for more Bigfoot and Beyond with Cliff and Bobo will be right back after these messages, I guess. I don't know if I can count that first one as a as a sighting of a ghost because I didn't see what was doing it. I just saw the effects of whatever was doing it.
Speaker 3: That's crazy.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's kind of weird stuff. Did I not tell you that story before?
Speaker 3: Bobo nod? That's gnarly?
Speaker 4: Oh yeah it was. It was horrifying, absolutely horrifying. I did not enjoy it. That's why I don't understand like these ghost people and we have them on the podcast, you know, Nick Gropp, Dave Schrader or a new like, what are you doing looking for ghosts?
Speaker 3: Man?
Speaker 4: That's I mean, I guess each their own they're probably looking at us, and why are you looking for giant apes? It's horrifying. But I feel the same about them. It's like I just don't get it, Like why would you want to go do that? I guess the search for the unknown or thinking that they're benign, or I don't know what it was. I mean, I lived, so my soul's okay, I seemed. And then at the second time, and this is much more recently, this was seven years ago. This one happened here, and it didn't happen to my house where I live now. It happened to my house at my house I lived in Portland, the small little house over there off of Sandy Boulevard. So Melissa and I met her on the show. We dated for a few years, fell in love, decided to give it a go, and so Melissa said that she would be willing to live in Oregon.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 4: So after all that stuff happened, what I did is I flew out to Pittsburgh and then Melissa and I drove out together in her vehicle, you know, and we ship some of her belongings out that sort of stuff, and so, you know, it was like a wonderful, cool road trip. Took about a week or so to get out here, four or five six days to get out here, I can't remember. And then we get back on I'd have to ask Melissa exact days, but I'll tell you best my memory and give me forgive me if I'm a day or two off, if I remember right. We got back on a Friday, okay, and then Friday night or Saturday morning, we get a call that Melissa's grandmother is not doing well. Her grandmother on her mother's side, she's not doing well. It looks like she's probably going to pass away in the next couple of days, that sort of stuff. So literally, Melissa arrives on a Friday, Saturday, we get the news Sunday, I believe it was Sunday. We put her on a plane to go back to Pittsburgh to go be with her family during this horrible time or you know, solemn time. Really, at least that when her grandmother is passing away, right, So and I and I get the word on Monday morning that grandma had passed away. Okay, So at least Melissa got to go back in time and allogize. And I believe at least this is what I remember I could be wrong about some of the stuff. So Monday morning, I believe Grandma died. Melissa was still in Pittsburgh. So I'm at the house Monday, Monday. Monday nights, I go to sleep, you know, as I normally do, and then at some point in the night, I don't know when, I didn't catch the time or anything like that, for whatever reason, I woke up. Now to set the scene, the room's about maybe ten twelve feet square more or less. The door is on one corner. The bed is on the opposite wall of the door, and on the opposite side of the room, so facing the door, I was lying on my right hand side again as I often do, so I could see the doorway, and the blinds are letting a little bit of light in. So the room has this creepy sort of bluish tinged it, you know. And so I wake up in the middle of the night, I don't know when, and everything's blue and kind of creepy, and I just kind of wake up, and I look over to the door, which is open, and there's a there's a woman standing in my doorway. She looks to me kind of like Melissa, you know. She had blondish hair. She was looking down. She was looking downwards, just standing there. She was in a nightgown, like a just kind of a nighty sort of thing, like a loose, sort of white, whitish thing that went down to about her knees. She didn't wasn't wearing any shoes at all. I remember seeing that. And she was kind of blondish hair, at least in the weird like nighttime moonlight sort of thing. It looked like she had blondish hair, or at least light colored hair. And she was looking down and I could not see her face. She was doing a strange movement. Her arms were just hanging by her side, and she was like stepping to her left foot, then back to the right foot, then back to the left foot back. It's almost like swaying, but like stepping back and forth, looking down. Hair draped over her face, obscuring all of her features. But to me, for all the world, she looked like Melissa in that same position. You know, And at this point, you know, I'm an adult, this is seven years ago, in my forties. I go, well, I'm clearly dreaming this, right, So I kind of like take a moment, I shake my head a little bit. I literally rub physically rub my eyes and just take a moment breathe, like this will solve the problem, right. I look back up and the figure's still there doing the same thing, kind of going back and forth, stepping side by side slowly.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 4: I can't see her face that whole thing. And that's when I get real scared, because I figured, well, I'm going to wash this lady right out of my eyes here, you know. But did not work. When I looked back up, she was still standing there. At that point. Well, it's dark in the room, so I reached my hand out to the I had a little night stand with a lamp on it. I reached my hand out the turn off, turn on the light. And as soon as my hand goes out, and this this woman i'll call her that. It's about five and a half feet tall or so something like that. Her entire height condenses down, like from from her feet, her goes it goes up from her head, it goes down and condenses into this blur like this swoosh like a show, and it swooshed out of the room and down the hall towards the living room. You've been to my house, so Bobe, you know, you kind of picture this.
Speaker 3: It was like the.
Speaker 4: Moments I reached my hand out, of course, I did turn the light on and nothing was there, and I was just horrified and scared, and I look, and so she's not in the room, my dog, So I call her, so you were Sojia, come here, come here, and she kind of trots in the room wondering what's up. A few moments later she was sleeping in the couch in the living room. And that's it. That's the end of that story, really, because except for again being scared and horrified for the next hour or two until I fall asleep again when my adrenaline drops. So I don't know what that was. Maybe it was I kind of have an idea maybe since it did that figure did in fact look like Melissa. I think that maybe that was Grandma coming to check on her on her on her way out the door, so to speak. I don't really know. It did look like Melissa to me, though, except that I couldn't see her face, and but you know her grandma didn't have that color hair, and grandma't doesn't really look like Melissa and all this other stuff. But you know, souls may appear a little bit different than the outside appearances could. So anyway, those are my two ghost stories for this Halloween episode here, So there you go.
Speaker 3: That what is your grand parents house? That's when that freaks me out, Like that's pretty gnarly.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I didn't like either one on honestly. I mean, although I got to see the second one, at least the first one, I just saw the effects of it, lifting the blanket and getting a bed and all that stuff, but I didn't get to see anything. They've had a few weird things happen here too, actually at the house here, but not very many. But you know what I think would be a good thing to do is it is I've had one or two things at the house here. We can talk about that in the members section, And I know Matt Pruitt has a good story associated with Halloween as well. But Melissa, my wife, has consented to coming on the member section and telling a few of our own ghost encounters because she's had some weird things happened through her time. So yeah, so our members will get to hear that on Thursday when the new episode comes out. And if you want to be a member, you can go to Bigfoot and Beyond podcast dot com and hit that membership button and you can be part of this too. Five bucks a month. You get an extra episode every single week, and you get the regular episode with zero commercials in it, not only those ad break things, but also anytime we do readle out or something like that for some commercial as podcasts often do. Matt Prut actually edits those out of the episode for you, so you have zero commercials in it. So if that appeals to you, it's five bucks a month. You can supports us. It helps, it helps us in all sorts of ways. Consider being a member, and you also get a lot of pictures and stuff that we you know, we talk about something, we say, well we'll post this picture to the members. You get access to all that stuff. There's a lot going on. There's a really neat community being built behind the scenes for Big Foo and Beyond, a lot of discussions going on. It's really really cool stuff. So maybe that's for you, maybe it's not. But if you have five bucks a month, then you want to participate, follow that link on our website and I'll get you there.
Speaker 5: Or click the link the show notes oh.
Speaker 4: Yeah, or as Matt prude said, you can also click the link in the show notes.
Speaker 3: Well speaks how it goes there. So the serious voice coming in out of the ether there, I was going.
Speaker 6: To say, we talk to a ghost every week, the ghost of James Boba fe beloved dear Fred.
Speaker 4: Yeah, our deceased friend brings light.
Speaker 5: Into every room he ever entered.
Speaker 4: God rest your soul, God Rest your soul.
Speaker 3: Bobo.
Speaker 5: I think your soul is restless because you're with us once a week.
Speaker 4: Yeah, how would that be if Bobo did die like ten years ago and we've been dealing with a ghost all this time.
Speaker 5: So dude, the afterlife sucks. It's lame.
Speaker 3: Okay, folks, Well that's it for another episode of Bigfoot and Beyond. We got the beyond it on this episode. Not too much Bigfoot or keep it treat to our name. Well anyways says you're supporting us. Hope you have a great Halloween, and until next time, y'all keep it Squatchy.
Speaker 4: Thanks for listening to this week's episode of Bigfoot and Beyond. If you liked what you heard, please rate and review us on iTunes, subscribe to Bigfoot and Beyond wherever you get your podcasts, and follow us on Facebook and Instagram at Bigfoot and Beyond podcast. You can find us on Twitter at Bigfoot and Beyond that's an N in the middle, and tweet us your thoughts and questions with the hashtag Bigfoot and Beyond the
Speaker 1: St