Speaker 1: Out here to see the black Keys tonight at the Grand Theater and then.
Speaker 2: We're gonna be gambling. We got rooms. We're here all night.
Speaker 1: If you want to come hang with us. If you see us, let's party. Let's get up on a blackjack table. That's one of the funnest things about going to a casino with friends is when you can kind of take over most or all of a blackjack table.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's great, It's magical, dude.
Speaker 1: Yeah, plus black nitros here Mike Siroy's in the house and black jack nitro. So much fun playing blackjack with that dude's in crowd.
Speaker 2: He's at the pool right now with a piniccolata, right.
Speaker 1: I mean, it'd be fun doing your taxes with that dude. Anything he does is just fun. But anyways, we're up here. We'd love to hang out with you. And then don't forget bfd is Sunday, that's our biggest event of the year.
Speaker 2: We're going to be out there. Do Ski's pavilion gates open it too. If you see us, say hello to us.
Speaker 1: So last night I got to be a part of something really special and we've saved the entire five o'clock hour for this and we're gonna get into some of the details of the story. And so I guess I would just ask like to ask you, guys, how do you want to break this up?
Speaker 2: How do you want to do it alphabetically? I don't know that Walkers Day.
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay, so none of the lead up, just through the day.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Well, I mean, just so people know you got contacted.
Speaker 2: Via email to do this.
Speaker 1: Somebody reached out to me that works for the studio. I'm not still exactly sure exactly where she works, but I got sent an email to say, Hey, would you like to go see a sneak preview of the new Tom Cruise Mission Impossible movie, The Final Reckoning? And so I was like, oh, I'm scared to click this link because you had to click a link to sign up for it. So I didn't click a link. But then I thought about it for a day or two and I was like, dang, what if it's real? Yes, I want to see it early. I need to say yes to more adventures. That'd be a lot of fun. I'll go see that movie early.
Speaker 2: Hell.
Speaker 1: Yes, I've been dying to see it. So I responded to the email. I was like, Hey, I'm scared to click this link. Is this real? And they kind of were like, yes, it's real. Here's the phone number you can call it. So I call and they're like, we were told that you guys talk about Tom Cruise and his movies and stuff on your show, so we thought we'd invite you to this. We thought you guys might want to go. And I was like, oh, yes, absolute, okay, great, So anyways, I invited you guys all to go. You were unable to go. I took my son Max, so we go see this sneak preview. And while I'm there, she could tell I was a super fan, huh. And so she was like, you know, Tom Cruise is coming to Dallas to premiere this movie, and he's gonna be in He's gonna do pop ups in theaters all over Dallas to where right after the previews, he's just gonna pop up and say, hey, thanks for coming to the movies to see Mission Impossible to Final Reckoning, I'm Tom Cruise.
Speaker 2: Enjoy the film that type of thing.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And she said we may need extra people to do the introductions.
Speaker 2: Would you be open to that?
Speaker 1: And I was like yes, hell, yes, I'd love to do that are you kidding me? I'm in And then I didn't hear from him. Didn't hear from him. Then they responded finally and they were like, Okay, would you be available to do some work on this night, which was last night.
Speaker 2: They didn't say what it was, so I responded with strong.
Speaker 1: Cruise involved, because I mean, I you know, I live in Solina. I'd be willing to go somewhere, but not if it's like Simon peg or maybe I don't know. I just don't. I'm just like, I don't know. If Tom Cruise is there, I'll change my schedule.
Speaker 2: Simon Pegg would be a great porn start.
Speaker 1: Anyways, they didn't respond, and I was like, oh no, I blew it. So then I respond back and say, yes, I'm available.
Speaker 2: I'd be willing to do it.
Speaker 1: They didn't respond, and so then I responded again and said, hey, just follow up. I am available. Then they reach out to me and say, hey, call me on this cell phone number.
Speaker 2: So I call.
Speaker 1: I talk to this lady, the same lady I've been dealing with. She goes, hey, yes, would you like to introduce Tom Cruise to a theater on Thursday night? He's going to be at the studio, and she was like, please don't share this anywhere. No one knows he's going to be at the studio studio movie Grill at six o'clock or whatever, and we need somebody to introduce him and Michael McCory. And no, it's not Michael McCory. That's my Christopher McCarey. Christopher, So I grew up with a guy named Mike Corey. So I keep struggling with that. And so I was like, Christopher McCory, I don't even care Tom Cruise. And so so anyways, I was like, hell, yes, I would like to do this. This would be an absolute blast, and so I would have to race over after the show, get to the studio movie grill, go in and introduce Tom Cruise. And so I said, hey, because I'm thinking it'd only be worth it to me if I could get a selfie with him, right, But I.
Speaker 3: Also know, maybe be worth it just to meet him if you yeah, you couldn't get a selfie, but yeah, but I don't know, man, thin think about my incredible exchange with the Leonardo DiCaprio that I have no.
Speaker 2: Proof of, right, yeah, that's true.
Speaker 1: But I was like, man, I was just will I get a chance, like take a selfie with him? They're like h And I was like, oh, They're like, of course it's Tom. He loves the sweetest guy ever, Like he'll be sincere and earnest and genuine. You could, yeah, absolutely, You'll have about sixty to ninety seconds with him.
Speaker 2: Where you're just alone. Oh it's hot.
Speaker 1: I was like, whoa what Yeah, and they're like, yeah, talk to him about whatever you want, take pictures, whatever you want to do. And I was like, can I ask him about thetans? Can I bring someone with me?
Speaker 2: Now?
Speaker 1: I'm thinking I want someone to take a picture, right, because I don't want to miss the opportunity. And uh, And so I played it like I didn't want it to be on bringing a tourist with me, So I said, can I bring my assistant?
Speaker 2: I don't have an assistant.
Speaker 1: And then, as you guys pointed out, they would be well, why wouldn't your assistant be setting this up? But I didn't make it through a spare assistant, and so none of you guys really wanted to do it, and my son, I wanted to do it.
Speaker 2: I had an obligation. Yeah, and you would have done it for me. I would have done it, but so I asked TC to do it.
Speaker 1: TC is great if you don't know, talented guy radio host, but he's also a videographer and he's just so funny and drywitted.
Speaker 3: And he's also a big consumer of popular culture.
Speaker 2: Yes, and he loves talking about popular and.
Speaker 1: He I didn't realize he loves Mission Impossible, like he loves these movies. He's giddy about meeting Tom Cruise and so anyways, I get him on the list to be my guy who's with me. There's been no communication about what the instructions were or what I was going to do at all, and so TC and I just head over there to the studio movie Girl off Royal and seventy five.
Speaker 2: We get there about an hour early. We're like, what do you want to do?
Speaker 1: And I'm like, I'm thinking, man, I want to make sure that I have good breath. When I interacted Tom, I'm thinking it's I'm thinking breath mint. Yeah, I'm thinking I don't have whiskey breath. I don't want to stink. And I'm like, I'm thinking about all these what do I say? Do I pitch him an idea? Do I tell him I'm a super fan. And we're sitting here talking through all this, and we're like, well, why don't we just film each other having this conversation. So the studio movie girls nice enough to let us go upstairs to the area where I've never seen, where the projectors shine.
Speaker 3: Into all the movies. Uh huh, And they generate a ton of heat. And you got big man heat.
Speaker 1: I got big man heat, and I hate being hot. So we're sitting up there interviewing each other for the hour leading up to me meeting Tom, and we're covered in sweat.
Speaker 3: H Is there footage? And TC might be a bigger man than you? Is there footage of you and TC interviewing and sweating on each other.
Speaker 1: I don't know if he's gonna post it, Because I told TC, he goes, what do you want to get out of this? I'm like, I go, dude, I go, dude. I trust you, Like you're an artist, you are good at this. Get whatever you want and if you want to use it, great, If you don't, don't, like I trust you. Just it's the blank canvas. Get whatever you want. He was like, I appreciate that, and.
Speaker 2: Then he just did his thing, so nobody's gonna use it or not.
Speaker 3: Let's do this coming up on the other side, what did Ben do with all of his sweat before he met Tom Cruise. We're gonna do that next on The Ben and Skin Show Live from the Chalk Taw Casino and Resort in Durant, Oklahoma. All right, it's the Ben in Skin Show ninety seven point one the Eagle as we think about having KT's license to revoke and now picking up his story. When we last left off, Ben was getting ready to meet Tom Cruise at the studio movie Grill Royal in seventy five, and in preparation for it, him and our buddy TC were having an extensive role playing session where they were questioning one another if they're interviewing Tom Cruise, and they were sweating profusely by a projector.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we were both sweating and we were role playing.
Speaker 1: We were because because I thought he was going to get a chance to meet Tom and I was going to get a chance to meet Tom, and so we would practice I'm Tom, You're Tom, and he was.
Speaker 2: Cracking me up. I hope he releases this video because it was insane. Go ahead, sorry, how was your Tom Cruise accident, Tom Better.
Speaker 1: He was like, I'll just give you an example. The first time we were role playing, I was like, Tom, I'm.
Speaker 2: A huge fan.
Speaker 1: And I reached out my hand to shake his hand, and he slowly reached his hand out and I just died eleven. I was like, dude, that's made me think he doesn't want to shake my hand.
Speaker 2: He's like, that's not what I was trying to project. Let's start over.
Speaker 1: So, because the thing is this, I love Tom Cruise, you know, from from the movie Be Losing It to, you know, Risky Business to you know, there's so many great movies that and then it's kind of like probably close to our age, right, how old is he like a little five years.
Speaker 2: Older, six almost a decade almost a decade older us.
Speaker 1: But his movies have been a steady part of our lives the whole way, and they've you know, they've been great, and so it.
Speaker 3: Is pretty amazing that he was able to not be considered part of the brat pack.
Speaker 2: That was huge for him.
Speaker 1: So I was like, uh, you know, we had talked about it on our show too. I'm gonna get sixty to ninety seconds with him. How do I spend that and do I, uh, do I just tell him I'm a super fan?
Speaker 2: Do I?
Speaker 1: You know, we had kind of talked about I thought, okay, TC's idea was to ask him if he was naked under his underwear and risky business, and I was like, dude, that's a terrible question.
Speaker 2: There was underwear under the underwear. Yeah, the better question is were you neck it under your underwear? And Magnolia.
Speaker 1: So anyways, I was like, I thought Skins question was the best or his thing. Where So he's got this movie called The Edge of Tomorrow and that's what it's called, and it's the idea. It's like a groundhog Day and he goes through the scenario every single day and he gets to try things a million ways until he perfects it. And so the idea was, what if I edge up tomorrowed the meeting with Tom Cruise and I had so much anxiety that I go through this ninety second sequence a million times and finally found one way to turn it into another interaction and then and so the idea was to pitch this film, and so we decided that. He told me TC told me, if you just tell Tom Cruise, you're a huge fan, You're gonna let down yourself, your.
Speaker 2: Listeners, your showmates.
Speaker 1: If that's what you go on the air and say tomorrow, you're gonna regret it forever.
Speaker 2: So don't do that. So I'm like, all right, So I got to try to make a play.
Speaker 1: So going into it, I'm thinking I'm gonna pitch him this movie idea, not to try to make it, but just to try to get him to laugh. Yeah, And so we go downstairs. I'm burning up. I look at TC, his whole backs covered in sweat. I'm like, we were up there in that oven. You're like filming this interview. So I didn't get a chance to get a breath ment. I didn't get a chance to like change shirts or anything. So now I'm super sweaty waiting for Tom Cruise to get there, and.
Speaker 2: I'm like, howstairs?
Speaker 1: And now, pretty soon, like the people i'd been talking to were local movie studio people, pretty soon there's some big time people from I guess LA or whatever.
Speaker 2: They're in town.
Speaker 1: And this lady comes up to me and she'd go, are you the radio guy? And I'm like yeah, yeah, yeah. She goes, okay, you're introducing Tom. I'm like, yeah, and I think they're gonna give me some instruction. They're like, great, all right, he'll be here soon. He's pulling up right now, and I'm like, we don't have a plan or anything like, you got it, whatever you want to do.
Speaker 3: And coming up next on the other side, Ben is gonna tell you the plan that he made up spur the moment for his magical introduction of Tom Cruise. That's next right here on ninety seven point one. The we're having a great time doing the show. We're gonna go see the Black Keys here at the Grand Theater.
Speaker 2: Atter that. Don't forget Tickets for all.
Speaker 3: These great Choctaw shows, chalk Taw Casino and resort shows are available at ticketmaster dot com.
Speaker 2: Now here's what we're in the middle of.
Speaker 3: Ben is setting up an epic tale of being able to introduce Tom Cruise to a surprised audience last night at the studio Movie Grill at Royal in seventy five before a screening of Mission Impossible. Now he's taking us through the day and when we last left Ben, him and his buddy TC, who is a videographer who was there to record the experience. They were role playing what they were gonna do when they actually met Tom Cruise, because you know, you don't know how it's gonna go, you don't know what the scene is gonna be like.
Speaker 2: And they had time.
Speaker 3: So TC and Ben went up into the projector room where it's scorching hot, and they role played how they would introduce themselves or interact with Tom Cruise, and they it was time to go, and they left the projector room covered in sweat, maybe having bad breath, and confused about what was gonna happen next.
Speaker 1: I had a spritz of cologne, some Diodora and a new shirt and a Tic Tac waiting for me in my car. Smart So I'm like, I'm gonna sneak outside. I'm gonna go refresh. Yeah, and all good. And so we get downstairs by where the theater is gonna be, where it's gonna be, and this big time Hollywood executive lady, the biggest I've seen so far. It was like, she's the one who came up. You're the radio guy kind of a large woman. No, no, no, she was just like you're the biggest in stature.
Speaker 2: Yeah. She was like you're the radio guy. And I was like yeah, yeah, yeah, she was like, Okay, great.
Speaker 1: You're gonna do the intro and still to this point, no instructions, nothing, And she was like, and I could tell everyone's starting to get tense. They're like, okay, everyone's on walkie talkies. The security had ramped up. I was like, okay, the people from LA or Hollywood or whatever are now here. And they were like, Tom's here, and so we're gonna go early. And I hear him say we're gonna cut the We're not gonna air the previews because the idea was Tom Cruise was going from one theater to another, to another to another, and I think he had a police escort.
Speaker 3: And all that, and I think I saw him on the tollway when I left the station.
Speaker 1: So like our buddy JC from the Kid Crodits Show, got to introduce him at the AMC at Web Chapel in six point thirty five.
Speaker 2: Oh, that's yeah, the IMAX is there. So there's different people at different theaters all around town. He shows up.
Speaker 1: They what happens is the plan was they show all the previews for a movie. No one in the movie theater knows Tom Cruise is about to be there. Then they show a spotlight. They shine a spotlight. They don't turn all the house lights up. They just put a spotlight right down in front of the screen. And somebody like a radio person or whatever would go up there and say, hey, thanks for coming out everybody, and that person would introduce Tom Cruise.
Speaker 2: Increded Tom Cruise would.
Speaker 1: Say hello, thank you for coming to the movies, thank you for supporting my show or my movie. Everybody, hope you enjoy it. And then boom, he's gone to another one. Does he zip line in?
Speaker 2: Or? And the idea was.
Speaker 3: That, you know, and he was going to be with Christopher McCory, the writer director of it, the guy that wrote directed Usual Suspects, right wrote it?
Speaker 2: Yes, Oh he just wrote it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Okay, So anyways, and so he's gonna be with him.
Speaker 2: And so in my mind, I grew up with a guy named Michael Corey.
Speaker 1: So I keep thinking, like when we started working with Jeff Kavanaugh, we grew up with his uncle, Or's cousin. So I kept calling Jeff Kavanaugh Mike Cavanaugh. And so I'm thinking, I don't know anything about this guy. I just found out he did Usual Suspects, which was a movie I loved but I'm like Michael.
Speaker 2: Corey and Michael oh no, Christopher McCory, Christopher McCory.
Speaker 1: And so I'm thinking about how I'm gonna interact with Tom Cruise.
Speaker 2: Am I going to.
Speaker 3: Pitch him this movie idea, this silly notion? Am I going to tell him he's great? And just you know, Chris Barley, I remember when you were in Top Gun. Yeah, am I gonna ask him.
Speaker 2: To have a catch?
Speaker 1: You know, bring a ball a glove and like, you know, there's any number of ways I could play it.
Speaker 2: And then I'm also I got to execute the introduction.
Speaker 1: I thought I would have time to think it out, but TC and I spent so much time in that oven, and by the time he got down there, I was covered in sweat. You know, his whole shirt was outlined in sweat. And I'm like and they're like, great, you're the radio guy. All right, we're getting ready to do it. Tom's here and I'm like, they're gonna we're gonna skip the previews at this theater to get him back on time.
Speaker 2: And I was like, oh.
Speaker 1: No, I can't. Like I'm stuck. I'm standing there. It's gonna happen.
Speaker 3: And then think about this too, is like we've had because of the job, we've been around some famous people. But we were talking about this earlier. This is no ordinary famous person. This is probably one of the five or six most famous actors on the planet.
Speaker 2: So the only.
Speaker 1: Instruction they gave me is when you get down there and you introduce Tom Cruise and Christopher McCrory. When you introduce him, just kind of get out of the way. And I'm like, okay, do you want me like go over to that corner.
Speaker 3: Could you get like further back in that corner, like like could you actually just disappear?
Speaker 1: And I've got like Homer Simpson in the bush. They're like exactly. So I tell TC, TC is my videographer. He's just gonna be with me. TC is gonna be cause I'm gonna we're outside the movie theater, just a normal movie theater and this is studio movie Grill at Royal and seventy five. I'm gonna walk down the aisle to go to the front of the theater with a microphone.
Speaker 2: The spotlight's gonna come on. Thanks for being here, everybody.
Speaker 1: I'm going to introduce Tom Cruise and Christopher McCory and then they're gonna walk down take the mics from me, and I'm supposed to disappear. So I tell TC this is what they told me. I'm gonna introduce him and then we disappear. We can kind of just jump into that that kind of exit tunnel right there, and TC goes, well, are you sure.
Speaker 2: They want us to hide? He goes, don't you think that's gonna look weird?
Speaker 1: And we're hiding like that's like, he goes, I just come over here and film from the front.
Speaker 4: You know.
Speaker 2: I'm like, okay, yeah, that makes sense. So smart. So TC is like my videographer, who's there? But they got big.
Speaker 1: Time Hollywood people there to film it, take pictures and whatever. And so we're in the back of the theater about to go in and uh and so I'm like, oh god, oh god. And then Tom Cruise gets there. They whisk him in from the back and you've seen the video. I'll release the video SEC filmed at all, But dude, he like levitates in. He just walks in. It's like Beyonce, you know, the fan blowing his hair back. He was just all of a sudden, and you guys see the video. They bring him to me, and then it's my job to just.
Speaker 2: Communicate everything now, and no one's given me a plan.
Speaker 3: I saw a picture or the picture that and you posted it, but it literally it just looks like two guys having a serious discussion.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's like you're telling him what to do.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, yeah. So I tell him you're directing. They go, hey, this is Ben Rogers from morning radio.
Speaker 2: That's what they said.
Speaker 1: Didn't say the radio station because it was a lady that I hadn't dealt with yet, some big exec And he goes, okay, great, you're on the radio.
Speaker 2: Awesome.
Speaker 1: He goes, you're gonna douce thanks for introducing me or whatever, and I go, all right, here's my plan. And so I pitched him the idea of I'm going to go up there. When I get on the microphone, I'm going to tell the audience thank you for being here. And Tom Cruise re recorded a video to play across theaters across America thanking people for coming to the movies. But we're having technal issues so we can't play the video. Mm hmm, but how about we bring out Tom Cruise in person.
Speaker 3: I want to know when did you know that was rist Did you come up with this with TC or on your own? Or when did this? When did this idea get hatched in your bin head? So it's good, it's really good. I don't remember anything.
Speaker 1: Wow, I was blacked out, Like I don't remember how anything went. I don't remember how anything went. I just at some point it happened.
Speaker 3: I pitched him the idea, and I was overly comfortable with him. If you see in the video, I like tap him on the chest with the back of my hand, like, all right, this man.
Speaker 2: Did you tell you've been on radio for at least ten years? Listen't scout dude.
Speaker 4: His his his attitude, his attitude, his essence was sincere, genuine, authentic, loving, kind, caring.
Speaker 1: It was like he knew that has had to be a stressful for me. He was like, whatever you want to do is fine.
Speaker 2: Listen.
Speaker 3: I love that that's what you're projecting on him. But I got a theory in any situation, no matter what it is, if you know you only have to deal with it for five minutes, you're good. Yeah, you know what I'm saying. You know what I'm saying for five years. If you know there's a heart out you're good, all right? Coming up next, Ben is going to talk about the moment when he was eye to eye with Tom Cruise. He's gonna talk about how it went down, and he's gonna tell us the magical line that Tom Cruise delivered that is now the theme of the entire year.
Speaker 2: That's old. Next on ninety seven point one The Eagle.
Speaker 3: All right, it's the Ben and Skin Show, ninety seven point one The Eagle.
Speaker 2: We are wrapping up out.
Speaker 3: Here at the Choctaw Casino and Resort in Durant, Oklahoma. You got time to get out here. We're gonna go see the Black Keys tonight at the Grand Theater. All these shows are available at ticketmaster dot com.
Speaker 2: We're having a great time now.
Speaker 3: Ben has been taking us through his incredible in count with Tom Cruise. It happened last night at the studio movie Grill Royal in seventy five. He was staked with the task of introducing Tom Cruise to the people in the theater. They had no idea it was going to happen. An unsuspecting crowd ready to see Mission impossible.
Speaker 2: Eight.
Speaker 3: Suddenly Tom Cruise and the director walk in, so Ben hatched a plan.
Speaker 2: He had a whole way that he was gonna roll.
Speaker 3: And when we last left off, Ben, you were looking Tom Cruise dead in his eye and you're getting ready to tell him the plan.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And I tell him the plan and he couldn't have been more nice or gracious. He was like, yeah, he's like he locked eyes like with anyone he interacted with. It was authentic, he was present. It was incredibly genuine. I've never been around a superstar like that. Like it was Dirk esque. Yeah, Like he was humble and sincere. He's aware of the magnitude of his personality and his stardom, but he wanted to connect with people. He was sincerely looking to connect. And so I'm pitching this idea and I'm nervous, going, oh my god, I'm pitching Tom Cruise an idea, and the response just made me feel absolutely whatever you want to do. I'm that sounds like a great idea. I don't even know what was communicated.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm like blacking out.
Speaker 1: I don't even know what's happening. So I start walking down the path. He's like, great, let's go with this idea. So we're skipping the previews. So I walked straight down the aisle, get in the front of the theater the studio movie Girl Royal and seventy five, really small theater, and dude, part of it is those are reserve seats, and so nobody has to be early at that movie. They already have their seat reserve. So some people went to see that movie and weren't there.
Speaker 2: Yet because they were waiting for the previews.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and so they missed Tom Cruise being at their theater. And so I walk in and uh, you know, I grabbed the mic and I'm doing my thing, and I'm like, in the dry rehearsal I did with TC, I said Michael.
Speaker 2: McCory, not Christopher McCory. So I got the name wrong. But so can you say Sam Cruise instead of telling yes, Yeah.
Speaker 1: So I'm like, somebody did say did you mean to say Tim Cruise?
Speaker 2: And I was like, I don't even know about what I said. I whacked out. I don't know what happened.
Speaker 1: So so I do the introduction, you know, I get the crowd hype, and then I found out later that as TC was trying to I found out later that one of the security guys was.
Speaker 2: Like, who the F is this?
Speaker 1: Who is this guy trying to film this in TC, and so they start giving TC a lot of grief. And so basically, when I'm walking down the aisle to go introduce Tom Cruise of TC is stuck on the outside of Tom.
Speaker 2: Cruise and Christopher McCory.
Speaker 1: So he's behind them and it's go time, and his whole plan is to follow me. And so basically when I start walking down that aisle, he's got somebody trying to kick him out of the theater and he has to kind of push Tom Cruise out of the way to follow me.
Speaker 2: That's awesome. So what did he say? Did excuse me? The imagery is beautiful.
Speaker 3: I talked to him this morning on the way up here and U and he was talking and he said, Ben did an incredible job. We had rave reviews for Ben and he was so excited to be a part of it. But he was talking about like at the last and it was literally the last minute. It was while Ben was talking to Tom Cruise and he's filming it, suddenly there's a guy going, wait, who are you? And he said, and so we're all friends with TC KT.
Speaker 2: And Christina van him a long time.
Speaker 3: But I would describe TC's temperament and pacing is methodical at best, like there's no sense of urgency with TC at all. No, And as he's explained this, he goes, yeah, I had to quickly explain to this guy that the whole reason I was here was to film Ben in that moment. And I'm thinking, you did that quickly, and it's just all happening, and it's that rush in that moment where it edged go time, and so you're walking off and he's like, this is the whole reason I'm here. I can't miss this. So he said, I finally convinced that guy and realized I had to.
Speaker 2: Get through Tom Cruise, Christopher McCrory.
Speaker 3: And so he said excuse me, and pushed through. He's so good, you had to push through them. And once you guys all go and watch the video. He did get Ben walking down the tunnel, but he had to hurry, and I go, man, it is ironic that you had your own mission impossible. Yes, at the screening of mission impossible to actually put this thing.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 1: So just before Tom Cruise got there, I had used this restroom right outside the theater. Then they put up an out of order or not in use sign on the bathroom and so it was not in use, and somebody was like, why did they do that? And they're like, in case Tom needs to use the restroom. So anyways, I go down. I introduced Tom. I'm blackout, don't even know what I said. But when he comes down to take the microphone from me again, he connects with me. He shakes my hand, looks me dead, my eyes. He could have just been give me the micy idiot, let me talk to everyone. He stopped and took time to like connect with me again, like thank you, like sincerely thanked me for like it was amazing.
Speaker 2: So anyway, you guys saw I guess I gave him we're number one.
Speaker 3: I don't even know what I did.
Speaker 5: Is all sitting there after you've done it, they're they're all cheering, but when you're all walking up the aisle and leaving, there's no standing ovation.
Speaker 2: They don't know what hit him hit him.
Speaker 5: So Ben is trailing Tom Cruise and McCrory and Ben holds up a number one sign he just won the title.
Speaker 3: It looks like he's walking down the tunnel back to the locker room after security.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't even know. I don't know who does that.
Speaker 1: And so so I've seen this.
Speaker 2: We're number one.
Speaker 3: So anyways, we all get out of the hallway and we're like, wow, that really happened.
Speaker 2: I'm like, I guess Tom Cruise is gone.
Speaker 1: But there's still so many security people and they're like, no, he's using the restroom and like, oh, okay. So the movie starts in there, so no one's following him out, so it's kind of dead out.
Speaker 2: But there are you know, maybe twelve fifteen people just kind of standing around and how many have walkie talkies? A lot of them.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And so he's using the restroom and he when he comes out of the restroom, he's got a race to get to his next spot. He kind of walks out, he's assuming it's going to be empty, and he sees there's like twelve to fifteen people there, and so he stops and he's like graciously smiles.
Speaker 2: Like, oh gosh, you guys are here.
Speaker 1: Okay, thanks a lot for being here, everybody, and he thanked everyone. And then if all those people, I think I was the.
Speaker 3: Only one he knew that he had a connection with because we had just worked together on a project, the Introduction Project.
Speaker 1: So he looks back and he tells everybody there. He points and he says, have a great summer. Now, when he.
Speaker 3: Pointed, if his point, if it was a bullet, it wouldn't have hit me.
Speaker 2: If from his fingertip it wouldn't have hit me. It might have been to the whole crowd, have a great summer.
Speaker 3: But if it was a football that he threw, I would have been the only one who could have caught it.
Speaker 1: Now, I wouldn't have hit me in the chest. I would have had to kind of hold my arms out and catch it. It wasn't a direct line, but I'm pretty sure he was telling me personally to have a great summer.
Speaker 3: Can I give you, guys TC's version of that, Oh yes, please, Okay, It's exactly has been described up to the part that Tom Cruise turns around. He then turns around to the entire crowd and says to everybody, have a great summer.
Speaker 2: Let's go get it. And God, that's wonderful and incredible. I think you have it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, see if you can play, because because that is like what I'm gonna say to everyone for the next three months, have a great summer.
Speaker 2: Let's go get it all right. That is my new slogan. I have some of this you, Yes, I think a lot of it. So let's just go over the scar.
Speaker 1: I was gonna say that I'm gonna play video copiers plans for it, and I got a technical issue.
Speaker 5: It's why don't we just bringing this room? Not whatever you want?
Speaker 2: I appreciate you guys, Okay, pause it. I appreciate you guys.
Speaker 3: That that is Ben Rogers ten years being in the Cowboys locker room.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that is locker got it? It is that is Ben Rogers' locker room voice, and he's quietly telling him the bit. Yeah.
Speaker 3: Now, I will say Ben is justified because there's people that don't know that Tom.
Speaker 2: I mean, his motives are right.
Speaker 3: But I when I saw that, immediately thought that is Ben Rogers' locker room.
Speaker 2: Because we're at the entrance of the theater. Yeah, and here's a little bit longer.
Speaker 6: Hello, how's anybody doing out there?
Speaker 2: Great?
Speaker 6: And Ben Rogers from the Ben and Skin Show, huge radio celebrity.
Speaker 2: I'm sure he recognized me.
Speaker 6: Video here right as happens at times, we were going to roll the video with Tom Cruise sending a message everyone who's seeing it the movie tonight. We're having technical issues and we cannot play the videos. So I thought, since we can't play the video, why don't we bringing.
Speaker 2: Out here in person?
Speaker 3: Damn.
Speaker 2: Okay, that's great, that's awesome.
Speaker 5: It's so perfectly set up, so I think this is the part too. There's some cheering, which I think this is where we get to have a great summer. Okay, laughing, Okay, sorry, held him?
Speaker 2: All right, enjoy the movie, hold on time, you will, all right, enjoy the movie.
Speaker 3: Double okay, stop it just so you know, you gotta go on some video. Ben is locking behind Tom Cruise, holding up a number one finger, saying.
Speaker 2: All right, enjoy the movie. It's awesome.
Speaker 3: I saw it, alright, enjoy the movie.
Speaker 2: Didn't even know what they were like, Okay, let's go get it. He says, let's go get them, let's go get him. Have a great summer. Let's go get him.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and uh, I'm pretty sure he's pointing at me or very nearby me.
Speaker 3: It's very no, it's very much. It's a game that's happening today.
Speaker 2: Let's go. We're going in the show with that.
Speaker 3: Every day is I'm ending every conversation I have for the next three months with have a great summer.
Speaker 2: Let's go get them. Man, dude, I'm so happy for you. It's really cool.
Speaker 3: If you could have honestly, this is I bet if he could have picked anyone in the world to do that for it would have been Tom Cruise.
Speaker 2: Either hurt him or Sophia Vergatta. Yeah, Texas, if.
Speaker 5: You want been to pin you down and tell you this story. At b f D on Sunday, still get your tickets. Yes, we'll be had a do seconds pavilion all day Sundays and walk up everybody, Yeah, walk up available.
Speaker 3: But I can tell you man, the reserve seating there are very few left, very very few. So if you want reserve seating in the front, go get them right now. No, get them, go get them. Let's have a great summer, everybody, Let's go get them. That's gonna do it for us. I'll never forget the time that KT was here with us at Chalktaw and we enjoyed his presence.
Speaker 2: We're gonna go see the.
Speaker 3: Black Keys and have dinner at eighteen thirty two. I hope everyone has a great weekend and we will see you at chalk Taw Casino and Resort.
Speaker 2: I'm sorry. We'll see it at BFD on Sunday. Let's do that.
Speaker 3: Christina is gonna stick around and play music next right here on the Eagle