Speaker 1: Stuck at home, bored and alone. You'd think I could have some fun.
Speaker 2: On my own, but not bored.
Speaker 1: I boed if with Cecily and Stephanie. What's up? Everybody?
Speaker 2: Welcome to bored a f You know what, We're not bored. I'm a little bored. You are pretty bored.
Speaker 1: Well, I'm not. It's today to die a little bit bored. I'm just tired. I think I'm tired.
Speaker 3: I can't tell the difference between being tired and bored anymore?
Speaker 1: Does anyone else have that? Who here? Who here? Raise your hand? Show up hands? Who here? Is tired?
Speaker 2: Well? I just never want to do anything, so I can't tell if that's really tired.
Speaker 1: Sometimes you know, I have a headache? You do right now? No? Right now? I feel fine? Do you ever wake up? Okay? You don't drink coffee because your heart? Right? I can't? Yeah, I can't anymore? Now are you not allowed? Or is it allowed?
Speaker 3: I mean they're not like they're they never disallow anything, like even if you, like, if you have lung cancer, you'd be like you really shouldn't smoke, But they can't stop.
Speaker 2: You, right, But I mean do they say, like, hey, that's really not good with your what's going on with your heart?
Speaker 1: And also they yes say that.
Speaker 3: And also I can feel it if I have caffeine, like if they mess up my order, which they often do at coffee places because they do not give a fuck if you say decaf, I can feel it in my heart like immediately, like it like beats really fat.
Speaker 1: It's terrible. So it's kind of not even worth it. Yeah. Yeah, so I just take crack. I mean that's a quicker. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Well yeah it's and it's bigger, it's more fun. Crack is way more affordable, is the thing, than just it's not whack. I think caffeine is whack. Yeah, no, crack is.
Speaker 3: You're joking, but it probably is more affordable than like Starbucks.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, it probably is at this point. That's hilarious. Now, what was your question about caffeine. Oh, I was just going to say, sometimes if I when I have not been sleeping well and I really really like my one cup of coffee in the morning. Yeah, this is not really that interesting to anybody but me, but sometimes I have like a few SIPs of it and then I'm just like, oh I can't, I'm too like lack of sleep. I'm too tired to drink caffeine, you know what I mean. And then, and the reason I say that is because I'm sitting here with like a half a cup of coffee in front of me that I just didn't drink this morning.
Speaker 3: I remember during my CAZy La days, you know, we'd have to be there at five ams.
Speaker 2: You're at like four thirty. I was so close to the station that I would just not shower, which they did not appreciate. My boss would be like, we're doing photos with you know whoever, like Clinton Blat, you know who, whatever country start we got whoever.
Speaker 3: I can't even think of the names because who because I don't care. We got George Strait coming in and you didn't. You're wearing your pajamas. It's not appropriate and we need you to like put on something.
Speaker 1: Wow. I would come in sweats, yeah. And they weren't wrong.
Speaker 3: I was doing like a professional job. We had like radio listeners that would stop by. We had good guests every day, you know. But I was very into coffee then, and they had the grossest coffee in the little kitchen. You'd think they'd have something fancy, but they didn't. It was just like Buzz would make this like black coffee every day and I would add just a bunch of French vanilla creamer roast creamer from the fridge that was probably like.
Speaker 1: Whatever, and we'd eat it and we'd eat it.
Speaker 3: We'd drink in our little like dixie cup like plastic cups. Like it was just not super refreshing, but we needed that boost because it was five.
Speaker 1: In the morning and we were literally going on air.
Speaker 3: And one day before they hired Peter, they were trying out different people and they had a guy that was on the station for a very long time, this guy named Sean. He was a really nice guy. Okay, that Sean on and he was filling in for a week as like our lead guy. This is going somewhere, I promise.
Speaker 1: And I was.
Speaker 2: Actually interested in the fact that so did he know that was this like his big dream?
Speaker 1: And he's like, oh, I'm getting he.
Speaker 2: Was already on the station. He did afternoons. Oh, I think he wants new mornings because you make more money in mornings. But I don't think he was really you know, he was fine. He was he was a popular guy on the station. He had a bunch of other gigs. He didn't really need it. He was just kind of filling it.
Speaker 3: Okay until they found something, so he was trying to lose weight. We sometimes kind of went at it. We liked each other just fine. I still like my hope he's well. But sometimes i'd get mad because he would like he would do like a Jim Carrey like he'd be like, alrighty then, but like he wasn't kidding, you know, and I'd be like, please do that. I can't be on a show where someone's doing that. And he'd be like, oh, and he thought I was being a snob, which I guess I was, But would you want to be on a air with someone that was saying alrighty then no in a Jim Carrey voice.
Speaker 1: No.
Speaker 3: So he was on a diet and he was like, oh, no call for me, and Buzz and I were like, why no coffee for you?
Speaker 1: That? Yeah? Yeah, that was my first I was.
Speaker 2: Like, wait, I don't even know where this story is going, but it's already annoying.
Speaker 3: I was like, well, what do you mean it's fattening. We're like, no, it's not. It's actually the opposite. Buzz is like it's a diuretic. You'll lose weight with it, You'll peel a lot, you'll be less bloated. You just don't put a lot of sugar, but you can use the non dairy sugar free creamer that Cecily uses. Look at she's like ninety eight pounds.
Speaker 1: I think she's fat. He's like no, He's like, you're telling me that coffee doesn't make you gain weight. And we're like, what's wrong with you?
Speaker 3: Have children? So then he just he was like ah, he like ran off. He goes cover for me, and he went and got a cup of coffee.
Speaker 1: Oh my god. And that was the first he'd heard of that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, apparently, I mean, I know, I hope I didn't cause like we didn't cause heart issues. I mean, listen, there's plenty of reasons not to drink a lot of caffeine, but yeah, but gaining weight isn't one of them. M And just be like, yeah, I don't do coke because I really want to stay skinny. And it's like, oh, do I have news for you.
Speaker 2: I mean, I don't know if I should be the one to tell you this, but uh yeah, I mean.
Speaker 1: And that man is Robert Downey Jr. Why do I tell him that that wasn't right. I wish I really let him astray in many ways. He was really just wanted to stay in shape. And I'm just like, He's.
Speaker 3: Like, I want to do math, but like, I'll just get fat, and my teeth will be really good, too good.
Speaker 1: My teeth won't look like real teeth.
Speaker 3: And I'm playing, you know, I want to be like of the people, and I'm like, wait a minute, I've got good news, good news, bad news, you know, speaking of good news, speaking of good news. I'll tell you guys something that I like, genuinely love and I actually do want people to take part in. That's Loomy gummies. Yeah, big fan of loomy gummies. I like the ones with just a tiny little bit of teach.
Speaker 1: See.
Speaker 2: But they've got them all the way from like zero to one hundred. You can take as little or as much as you want, responsibly, of course.
Speaker 3: But what I like about them is whatever you choose, you know what you're getting. They're very consistent, you're mellow. You do not feel like super out of your mind. If you keep doing whatever is you want to do, sleep, work, have better sex. This is the place these are the gummies. They're so good, I'm gonna tell you how to get them. Loomygummies are available nationwide. Go to loomigummies dot com. That's Lumi Gummies dot com and use code rose pricks for thirty percent off your order. Again, that's l u Mi Gummies dot com, code rose pricks. Loomygummies dot com code rose pricks.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and let me tell you about something. If you're thinking that you would like to lose weight, but you're kind of stuck right now, I have some good news for you. Hers can help you lose weight. They have a lot of different plans.
Speaker 1: They have the FDA approved we Go v pill they have access to it, and they have the FDA approved we Go Vpen.
Speaker 2: They have access to that. But they can also just plan like a weight loss plan for you. And yeah, and if you qualify, if you need it, they can supply GLPS and it doesn't stop there.
Speaker 1: They have access to twenty four to seven messaging with your care team and tons of in app lifestyle and nutrition tips. So ready to reach your goals, Visit for Hers dot com slash rose pricks to get personalized, affordable care that gets you. That's f O R.
Speaker 2: H g rs dot com slash rose Pricks for Hers dot com slash rose Pricks Weight loss by Hers is not available in all fifty states. We go Vias, the registered trademark of Novo nordisk As. To get started and learn more, including important safety information, we go be clinical study information restrictions, visit for Hers dot com. Okay, okay, Can I start with the little Threads question. I don't have it exactly up, but I have it pretty memorized.
Speaker 1: Sure.
Speaker 2: I mean, Threads really is bringing it. It's also the worst place in the world and just terrible and just the dumbest people, but also some of the funniest and smart as people, and they kind of make me laugh. I don't know why.
Speaker 3: So there's this thing, this algorithm on Threads that I'm in and I did not choose this. I never looked anything like this up, I swear to God. But sometimes if you just open one thing, you know forever, that's it.
Speaker 1: Even if you change your.
Speaker 3: Algorithm, you can. I told you on Threads you can write, dear al go please bring me. That's the prompt. Then you say the things you want to see. The first time I did it, it totally worked.
Speaker 1: It was awesome.
Speaker 3: I was like, please bring me all things NASA Space black Holes. I want to learn about the unit. You know, I wrote it and I got all that stuff. This last time I did it. It didn't bring me any of that stuff. It brought me anti Semitism than I could ever imagine.
Speaker 2: Like, when you say anti Semitism, what are you referring to?
Speaker 3: Oh, I'd rather not say just horrible, just people just being vile, just genuinely not don't just not caring for the Jews, Okay, using all kinds of slurs and just terrible, terrible shit. So beyond that, I'm also in some sort of dating algorithm and I have no idea why so.
Speaker 2: I well, probably because I covered it once on board. But people are posting text messages between people that they'd met on bumble or hinge. They're calling them like dating fails. First of all, if any of it's real, it's disgusting. It's disgusting that people would screenshot real people and then post them on threads and be like, what do you guys think? I think that that's very rude. It's really not making the world a better place.
Speaker 1: Well, what are well?
Speaker 2: Is?
Speaker 1: So are any of the people people that should be called out.
Speaker 3: I mean, here's one, okay, here's one that really stood out to me, and it was really adching this this woman posts and I don't have it in front of me because I lost it. I don't know how to find it. But basically she was like, oh my god, you guys are all going to agree with me. I shut this shit down fast. So then it's a bunch of screenshots.
Speaker 2: You know, on hint you can see if it's bumble or hinge, you can see the colors, you know what it is, right right, And so she was like, hey, this guy I wrote to her and he was like, well, I can't wait to meet you. You know, what should we do for our first date? And she didn't write back. She said something kind of random back, and he was like, what about a hike? You know, maybe we could go for hike. Now, personally, as a dater, I.
Speaker 1: Don't like a hike first date.
Speaker 3: That was that became very popular during COVID, the beginning of COVID, and even then I was like super grossed out by the idea. I'm like, I'm not going to climb a hill with you?
Speaker 2: Mmm?
Speaker 3: No, Like, but you know, you just kind of weed those people out because that's that's just not a ceesy person.
Speaker 1: Probably they were like, remember the dude.
Speaker 3: I'm not naming names, but there was a guy was like he was like an out of work actor that lived in Echo Park and his idea was that I uber over to him and we like feed the ducks.
Speaker 1: Yes, And I was like that isn't and he goes, oh, no, I'm sorry.
Speaker 3: I really left out the best parties, like we could feed the ducks and like maybe work on some comedy sketches yes. And I hadn't even told him I did comedy. I didn't tell him anything about me. And I was like, well, how would you know that I would do comedy sketches? And he's like, it's not.
Speaker 1: Hard to figure out who somebody is by their first name and any information I can just like image search and who you are. I was like, yeah, I'm not going to.
Speaker 3: Uber to Echo Park and feed the dum Thank you so much, though, thank you, awesome offer.
Speaker 1: Thank you.
Speaker 3: So this guy, this other guy on the threads uh huh, this is so crazy. So he's like, let's go for a hike and she's like, yeah, I'm not really this is a little, you know, not exact, but she's like, I'm not really in the business of going for hikes with men that I don't know.
Speaker 1: Right right.
Speaker 3: And I thought that was a weird response because you're going to be doing anything with a man you don't know, you're on a first date on a dating app, like you're going to go to a drink with it whatever.
Speaker 1: So he was like, oh, okay, I get it.
Speaker 3: And then he's like, but to be fair, the canyon that I was suggesting that whatever the canyon was, let's say it was running and it wasn't. But he's like, there's tons of people around. So then she's like, you, sir, do not. And she's one of those people that would definitely see welp, say welp, or methinks I believe you may have said me thinks, which you know that I don't like me thinks.
Speaker 1: The sir protest, you know what I mean. She's one of those yes.
Speaker 3: And she's like, well, me thinks you're not listening me thinks that you are not hearing me when I say I guess you just don't know what it's like to be a woman. And she was being ridiculous, like he honestly, I didn't like the idea of going for a hike. But I also I'm like, yeah, I mean, I don't think he's just going to kill you at Runyon, can't you know at Fryman Canyon, right, there's tons of people.
Speaker 1: In fact, there's more people around than that.
Speaker 3: Like, like, if you went for a drink and he walked you to your car, that's more dangerous than going for a public hike. Yeah, And she went back and forth with him for a long time, and then a lot of people agree with me. A lot of people on the I remember how many responses there were. But a lot of people are like, you're kind of wrong on this one. You need to chill out, like seriously, need to chill out. Like you can go after the people that deserve to be gone after, for sure, but like this isn't it. And then oh, the guy did say after a while, he's like, Okay, you're being too serious about all this. I don't think this is great. And she's like, well, me thinks I'm gonna unmatch.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, okay, I have one on threads hold on great though. Yes, God, this person writes hey gurlies, Oh my god.
Speaker 1: Oh yes, I don't like that.
Speaker 2: Hey, gurlies a genuine question and then smiley face, but with like one drop on the forehead, so it's not really laughing. I guess how would you react of a guy on the first date admitted he can be abusive at times, and then on the second date said he doesn't want to make you his quote punching bag. Would you see that as honesty, self awareness or red flag curious to know your thoughts?
Speaker 3: Oh my god, this reminds me of that show that we were just talking about last week, the worst ex ever whatever?
Speaker 1: Uh huh, I don't know.
Speaker 3: It's like he stole my laptop and he pawned it and he punched a wall, and I'm like, I think there's.
Speaker 1: A red flock. Yes, I mean the guy is like, yeah, I can be abusive sometimes, you guys, do you think that's a red fly or is that just like a sweetie? Is he a sweetie? Yeah? Well, somebody wrote, which this person just wants attention, right, they just want their thing to blow up? I would say that because somebody wrote, how can this be a question? Quit rage baiting? Jesus? Yes, there's so many of those two.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and then what are other people, and so everyone nobody, nobody's following. This person wrote, that's just his way of seeing if you'll volunteer to be his punching bag the first time he hits his partner. After this, he'll say I told you what I was like, I guess you're gonna leave me now?
Speaker 1: Why did you have to push me into hitting you? And everybody's like, second date? What do you mean? Second date? My god?
Speaker 2: Yes, And everybody is just like, why on earth was there a second date? After he said he's abusive? Oh my god, and so, oh my.
Speaker 1: God, this person says.
Speaker 2: This person who's promoting their podcast, by the way, says a lot of assholes in the comments. Assuming you can safely turn down a man like that, do better and learn to support women. It's like, okay, we people are like, why would you go on a second date? Not why wouldn't you divorce your husband?
Speaker 1: Right right? Right? You haven't gone out with him again? Like what of course you can safely turn him down?
Speaker 2: This one makes me laugh. I just went to dating threads and so there's now I'm going to find everything. But this this this person wrote, well it happened. At least they didn't say, well, it happened my married neighbor appeared on Tinder claims ethical non monogamy. We've talked about that right now, Yes, yes, And it's it drives me crazy because it's very common. You'll be looking at thinking he's kind of cute because there's not a lot, and you're like, okay, that's not so bad, nothing terribly okay, vegan, I don't know he likes animals.
Speaker 1: I'm going to get through each thing.
Speaker 3: And at the very bottom it just says my wife Barbara will love you like it's crazy.
Speaker 1: It'll just be like it says E N M.
Speaker 3: And then it makes you feel bad that you're not into it. It'll say ethical non you know, open and ethical non monogamy. Hope that's not a problem for you. Hope you're not vanilla, like fuck you. Yeah, yeah, I'm extra vanilla.
Speaker 1: Because and then they put it at the bottom they like squeeze. It's like, oh, I'm an aries.
Speaker 3: I don't I already don't want to hear about that, but I mean, I like scuba diving.
Speaker 1: I am married. I hope you're cool with some kink. Dude, say that at the very.
Speaker 3: Top, that should be your name it honestly should just be in parentheses next to your name.
Speaker 1: It's ridiculous and that's funny.
Speaker 3: This woman said, I did not swipe right, I did take a screenshot.
Speaker 1: You should make your profile just kink shamer. And when that person goes interesting, hey I'm into non monogamy, and then you go like, yeah, I'm not by and then they get mad, you can be like, oh my god, what part of my profile name it says kink shamer in my name.
Speaker 3: I don't like any of this. I honestly think it's weird to even be on top. And that's kind of true because I feel it's very performative. I genuinely feel that way.
Speaker 1: I always have.
Speaker 3: They're just doing what you saw in a movie. None of it's real for me anyway, I would say, right, yeah, I love that. Yeah, someone said. Someone said to her to this person who saw her neighbor saying that they were in an E and M thing. The person said, yeah, screen, send the screenshot to the wife. If they're E and M, then she'll be fine with it. And if they aren't, well, dude just dug his own grave. Then this person, the original poster wrote, what if she gets mad?
Speaker 1: At me.
Speaker 3: She knows I live alone? Well, why is the wife gonna come for you in either way? In either scenario she knows I live alone?
Speaker 1: What are so the wife is the one that you're most concerned about? The wife is going to kill you? Now for I mean, that's ridiculous. Now yeah, now, I don't even know that.
Speaker 3: It's a bunch of people on dating throats posting their photos trying to being really thirsty and people like you're beautiful, like I'm sixty nine and probably really like forty what you're gorgeous? Or it's ai right, I mean, Qustians are amazing. What signs are you? And what signs are What are the signs of being in a situationship?
Speaker 1: That's that's something a no dates? Yeah, that's one not really dating.
Speaker 2: Huh oh, that's funny.
Speaker 3: They become a doctor and you and only have five days out of the month to hang out.
Speaker 1: Five days is a lot, that's kidding. Oh my god.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I've had relationships that you know about that. I love that or I honestly I'm good with once a week. That's four days. That's totally fine.
Speaker 1: That four days a month?
Speaker 3: Wait, is that right? Is that four days a month. Once a week is four days a month. Yeah, it seems good to me, seems perfect to me. That is exactly what I'm looking for. You do it all in that week or maybe two days a month, you know, like a little during the earlier of the week, or you spend the whole weekend, you have one little sleepover, you get all your sex out of the way, if you want to do your stuff.
Speaker 1: That sounds right, So I guess I like that. I don't know. I think that sounds like a lot. Now.
Speaker 2: So do you also like the emotional distance, like you don't want to all the like questions?
Speaker 1: And that's a really good question. I don't know.
Speaker 3: I haven't been in a serious relationship in so long, and even the last one that I was in there was not a lot of emotional stuff like that, right, I don't really get that, so I can't remember what it feels like. So I can't real honestly, I can't answer. I mean, it's been years since I've had that. I guess I do you know you want the intimacy you want like you want the you want that, but I don't trust it, right, That's where I am so like I've gotten to the point where, yeah, it's like, how much do I want to tell this person because it's total bullshit anyway, which I guess is very cynical.
Speaker 1: There's like a therapist.
Speaker 2: Not if it was what if I started quoting therapy, Jeff, there's this tear me out.
Speaker 1: He's gotten better, but there's a therapist online that I got into a little mini argument with this I can pull up.
Speaker 2: Actually he is the TV show Girls, which you know I love, Uh huh, you know I love Girls, and.
Speaker 3: It's really cool. At first, I really love what he's doing. I still think he's pretty cool.
Speaker 2: But he uses clips from Girls between Hannah and Adam.
Speaker 1: Which is funny because we have a little story about that.
Speaker 3: And that's Lena Dunham and Adam Driver their characters to show how she has an anxious attachment and he's avoidant.
Speaker 1: And it's really good.
Speaker 3: He uses really cool clips, like you know, but I started to notice that he's definitely leaning. He's completely defending the Adam character and not really pushing Lena under the bus.
Speaker 1: Uh huh.
Speaker 3: So I said something I like, said something about it. Let me find it because I've had a lot lately of a lot of things lately, so give me one second.
Speaker 2: Funny one were like, just because I've had a lot to drink. So I've had a lot to drink. I'm super drunk right now, we see, okay.
Speaker 3: Okay, this is this is so he put up a thing about how like avoidant. So Adam's recovering addict in the show, right, and he's at an A A right, and he's talking about all this stuff, and he's like, I'm dating this girl, but like, she doesn't even fucking care about me.
Speaker 1: I don't even think she likes me.
Speaker 2: She comes over and fucks me, but I don't really She never ask me anything or whatever interesting stuff, So that part's not important.
Speaker 3: I write to the guy, this random doctor. I write to this doctor PhD.
Speaker 1: I said, I.
Speaker 3: Love these clips, but implying that the anxiously attached person is more toxic than the poor, misunderstood avoidant just does not sit right at all with me. I think that we've gotten too comfortable labeling everyone when we're mostly on a sliding scale any way of attachment. I love the conversation you're starting being so serious, but it's starting to feel skewed unless I'm misunderstanding. Also, Adam was very charming but extremely problematic on the show. He only wanted her when he lost her.
Speaker 1: Okay, good, good point.
Speaker 2: He writes back, And he's being a little aged. He's a little he's a little therapy jeffish if I may, but just not grows like that. But he writes Cecily, I specifically say, can you use your name?
Speaker 1: Yeah? He just accessly nobler.
Speaker 2: Okay, so yeah, I specifically say that mistreatment is possible on both sides of the attachment spectrum, but not inevitably simply because someone is anxious or avoidantly attached. There are many anxious and avoid avoidantly attached people who treat each other well. And then immediately because I'm very people pleasy, I was like, oh, that's a very good point, hard heart heart. I don't even really know what he's saying exactly. I can play you the clip that he initially said, but if he posts these clips a lot, and he definitely is leaning towards defending avoidant attachers, and it's getting a little ridiculous, right, I mean, you know, come on, and a lot of people, a lot of people in the comments are actually make such good points, like better than mine, even find there was one that I like kept liking because I thought it was oh yeah, here's one that I liked, I loved.
Speaker 3: They were like yeah, okay. But more often the pursuit happens by the avoidant person. You know how many times I've been through this?
Speaker 1: Right? Yeah? Who doesn't seem avoidant at all?
Speaker 2: In the beginning. It's the avoidant love bombing or avoidant honeymoon phase. The anxious person is reluctant to start something new. They're closed off and they want to slow it down because they've been hurt so many times. The avoidant person is the one who persists until the anxious person gives them a chance, then starts to feel safe and relaxes, and that's when the avoidant person loses interest and is gone, which has a cumulative effect on the anxious person's psyche. That's why dating is so exhausting for them. It's one heartbreak after another. Isn't that so perfect? Yes?
Speaker 1: But the guy doesn't and he's.
Speaker 3: Like, well, I think the takeaway is that insecure attachment can cause someone to love bomb.
Speaker 1: He's still defending one avoidant person. He's still defending the avoidant not taking, and they don't suffer I've read a lot about this stuff. They really don't.
Speaker 3: I mean, you can say whatever, I've read so many things about this, and they'll you know, they want certain things and they feel sad they can't have them, but they don't feel the same pain.
Speaker 1: They are like, okay, by next right.
Speaker 3: They feel a little guilt, they feel a little whatever, but they don't have that's the whole thing. They'll admit that, they're like, yeah, I'm not really thinking about her. They just throw themselves on vacation.
Speaker 1: And that's that.
Speaker 2: I think we see this a lot on Love is Blind. I know that's a weird reference point, but because the name of the game is kind of love bombing, so you don't know who's actually truly falling in love and who's just I don't want to say yeah performance, but who's like yeah, I love this idea and I'm like, why are you?
Speaker 1: Why are you not trusting me?
Speaker 2: And then as soon as the person who's a little more closed up starts trusting, like you said, then they're like, oh, this isn't gonna work out.
Speaker 1: You've seen me go through.
Speaker 3: I'm like no, no, no, no, no, no, no no no no, I'm gonna just step back, it's all just fun.
Speaker 1: We're having fun, you know whatever. And then they'll be like so boyfriendly and.
Speaker 3: You're like, oh, okay, well I guess well, like you know, have you meet my friend or whatever, you know, and then they're like, no, it's crazy. Someone else wrote this last thing to be the last serious thing that we'll move on is funny. But they said, from the extensive amount of feedback I see online, this is just not correct. They're saying to this guy, They're like, the avoidant is much more damaging than an anxiously attached person because the anxiously attached person allows for intimacy and trust to grow, which.
Speaker 1: Are pillars of a healthy relationship.
Speaker 3: By contrasts the avoidant, and they put in printheses usually narciss's there's a fine line, will continue approach and avoidance, repetition, compulsion, They get the ick, they get the pick, and they pull back, even though they're the ones that were so all in, which is a kind of a form of abuse. As it pulls the it puts the effort on the other person.
Speaker 2: It negates natural growth, intimacy, yep, and trusts so that the other person can assess their own feelings in a timely manner.
Speaker 1: So that's really this. People are really bringing it and I like.
Speaker 2: That, Yeah, but what but what of?
Speaker 1: What of when you're the one who and what by you?
Speaker 3: I mean I am sometimes that person, right, I mean I talk about that a lot.
Speaker 1: I'm anxiously if you.
Speaker 3: If I had to have a label, it would be anxiously anxious avoidant, which is very common.
Speaker 1: So I get avoidant.
Speaker 3: And I thought about that with someone a few years ago, where they were really anxious and wanting to lock it down, but on such a fast pace that it kind of was just ridiculous, Like my anxiety comes out after a couple months. I'm the one going step back, take your time. I don't even know you. You know how we both are like.
Speaker 1: I don't know, I don't know.
Speaker 3: And then they say one funny thing and you're like, oh, okay, I'm in but it takes a minute.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I'm never like oh, But when it happened to me, I just had to be the bad guy. I was the villain and there was no way around it, and I got like super freaked out. But I don't even think I was being avoidant in that situation. I think I was trying and it was just way too much, way too fast.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but I definitely do the thing well I you know, before John, where I meet somebody and I think and they're kind of love bomby.
Speaker 1: But then I'm kind of like, oh my god, we're so into it.
Speaker 2: And then in less if they don't pull back okay, because this is the only way it's ever worked out for me. If they don't pull back, then I get freaked out. Like if they keep it up, if they're like, no, no, this is not just like early infatuation, like I'm really into this, like let's do this.
Speaker 1: Then I'm like whoa, whoa, whoa, whoa, whoa, whoa, whoa, whoa, whoa whoa.
Speaker 2: We got to slow this all the way down, Like this person's crazy, they're too into me. But if they pull back a little bit, then not even just a little, like okay, I'm settled now, I like you, let's just take it slow. Then I'm like, oh, absolutely not. Now I'm obsessed.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's a thing. You had the same thing I did.
Speaker 3: You just locked into John, you just found you know, somebody was able to kind of stand.
Speaker 2: By it well because he did pull back, and then I was like this is horrible.
Speaker 1: Why is he pulling back? What did I do?
Speaker 2: Oh that I set about to try to prove myself for the next two years.
Speaker 3: I mean, I was in a lot of long term relationships where I guess it was more Johnish. It just wasn't the right person. It could have worked had we not had other issues. But I was in a very long, you know, almost seven year relationship, and he kind of did that at the beginning. He was very like organized, making plans, very into me, but then pulled back a little, got me a little obsessed, but then was full on boyfriend for years and years, you know.
Speaker 2: Okay, So my point being is I can do it. It just wasn't the right guy.
Speaker 3: Like, it wasn't like I was pulling back because you know, I had very good reasons to be pulling back.
Speaker 1: But I like this other comment that someone makes on this, which is about.
Speaker 3: We're over you know, Like on my comment, I said, I think we're over labeling. We're all just leaning too hard into these like boxes. Someone is just like human nature, We're just different. And someone's like, well, what's the healthy attachment? Like my social media is filled with people labeling each other manipulators, narcissists, avoidant, anxious. None of these terms were even used when I was young. It was more like, this is just what you do, rather than this plethora of things we shouldn't do.
Speaker 1: I think that's such a good question.
Speaker 2: M hm. And he didn't. The doctor didn't write back for some reason. The doctor only wrote back to me. Oh, and someone said, yeah, it's funny, you know. Yeah, we basically we don't talk a lot about that. And for some of.
Speaker 3: Us people that are have do you have issues like that? Feels like the secure attachment can feel kind of boring. We don't understand it. We didn't whatever whatever theory you believe it is, whether it's from your childhood or what like, we just don't know it. So we we feel like it's nothing unless there's like a oh my god, where'd you go?
Speaker 2: Right?
Speaker 1: And then yeah, no, it's tricky. No.
Speaker 3: For me, I just didn't like that this dude was leaning towards the you know, the Adam Driver character. Yeah, who, by the way, is writing is jokingly going to write his own book to respond to Lena Dunham's accusations in her book.
Speaker 2: Yes, which should we remind people with her what the accusations were, yeah, and I don't even think, to be fair, that she meant it as crazy. You know, she's just writing a book and it's probably that happened, you know one day on set.
Speaker 3: She and Adam were very close in real life. They filmed this show for a very long time. I loved the show. I can't stress enough how much.
Speaker 1: I love it.
Speaker 2: And she said that he got really mad once and threw a chair at the wall, which is very much his character, but not great m m. And she also said I think that they had kind of a little bit of like will they won't they?
Speaker 3: In real life? Right, He's just not responding, He's just like, yeah, no, thanks. Next question. I don't really know that there's much of a story there, because I don't even think what she said was that big of a deal.
Speaker 1: I didn't. I don't know that I loved it. If it were me, I wouldn't have said it.
Speaker 2: Does she have Does he have a reputation though from other than her, of being like weird on sets?
Speaker 3: I don't think so, and I don't think she does either. I think, but you know, she has had issues. She had issues with the showrunner. Remember she was twenty two when she got that job right now, it was because Judd Apatow knew her parents right got her that got him the pilot.
Speaker 2: And I have read that pilot is perfect. It is literally a perfect pilot. I never like, it's a great thing to read if you're trying to write a script.
Speaker 1: Mm hm.
Speaker 3: She just it is so good. And so she proved herself. But she was very young. But if I'm writing a tell, if I'm writing a book and she's written a few, like, I don't think I would. I don't think I would throw ad him under the bus.
Speaker 1: He like really helped. I don't know, would you? I mean, what do you think? Well, you know, speaking.
Speaker 2: As somebody who's written some books, sometimes you just get into like actually, remember I and I've I've of course talked about this before, but remember when I was writing one of my books. And Patrick Price will back me up on this if he if he listens to every episode, which he better, if he still loves me. But I had written a thing about remember about the Bare Naked Lady story? Yeah yeah, yeah yeah, And I wrote it because I was like a word count, you know, like I I got not I want to tell this story. And then you know, Patrick was like, maybe not, maybe you're not going to love that you told this story in there, and so I was forced to come up with like something else.
Speaker 1: But I remember just thinking, I don't care. I told okay, but let me push that so glad I didn't include it now, yeah, and I'm gonna push back though.
Speaker 3: That's different. That was like a weird like that was a hookup that wasn't your co star that you were really close to, who's continuing to work in this business, who really didn't do anything that terrible, who like, for no reason, even if you're not friends anymore, for no reason, you're going to throw his name into the thing. Like I like Lena Dunham. I've heard the book is awesome and I want to read it, so that's great, Like that's so unnecessary. It's different. The Very Naked Lady's story is different. Like when I wrote She's Crazy as a Liar, they wanted real stories, but I didn't use any real names. I did put in real stories, but I didn't use any names. And it was after the Russell Crow thing, so I could have put that in, but I didn't. Although I think I implied. I think I like gave enough hints.
Speaker 1: I think I don't remember.
Speaker 3: Actually if I put that in. I think I tried to, so I don't remember if that made it in. But I was like, let me just tell you it was a movie star and he had a beautiful mind. And I put that in quotes. Uh huh, yeah, so he would otherwise. But also that was a complimentary story. There wasn't anything negative. I wasn't even like it was any time I'd say anything was making fun of myself.
Speaker 1: I wasn't saying like, yeah, you threw a chair.
Speaker 2: But let me push back. What if Lena Dunham sold her book really wanted to write another book, and they were like, well, and let's just say she's in a meeting. This has happened to both of us many times. She's in the meeting about the book and she's like, oh my god. And I could tell stories about like stuff you've never heard about, like inside Scoop about the set of girls, and they're like, oh, we're listening, I'm listening, you know. And then she's like, hmm, yeah, I mean just some stuff happened. I mean Adam Driver And they're like, okay, we're giving you, you know, four million dollars strite this book.
Speaker 3: Don't you reach out to Adam Driver first and say, hey, what do you remember about this? Are you okay with me writing about this? I mean, he seems like somebody would be open to any you know, a lot of things. Yeah, I wouldn't you say that first. I think it's shitty. Here's a little, little, little quick story.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 2: So I and I cannot use any names, but I have been helping somebody with their book.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 2: He was writing a story about his time on a TV show and it's so funny. I mean just just this is how, this is how people are. So again, I cannot tell you anything about it because but the book is coming out. He wrote the book, and he got the book deal, wrote the book, and he decided that one of the people that he worked with, so this was a let's just say it was a talk show, okay, and one of the people that was like a character on the show, he was like, was just such an incredible asshole. And I at the time was like, okay, but I don't you know, you got to be really careful, like you don't want to say something and then have that person that person could sue you you know, and he's like, oh no, no, no, it's fine, it's totally fine. And I was like, okay, but it might not be fine, and then your book publisher might be like, yeah, we want this story in there, but then you're going to have to take responsibility.
Speaker 1: I try to. I tried to tell him. He didn't want to hear it.
Speaker 2: Well when they when the book was it's in its final it's not out yet, okay, but when it was in its like final thing, you know, they has to go through like a lawyer, and they're like, well, did you get this person's permission to say this? And he was like, oh no, you know, and they're like, well you have to so he so he was like, it's going to be totally fine. So he wrote to the person, said, hey, I wrote this thing about you in the book, like you know, you know, all just being funny, you know, all all friends here, Okay. The thing that he wrote though, was like what a race aging like narcissist asshole this person was. And that was like, dude, they're not going to be okay with that, Like are you kidding?
Speaker 1: And they weren't. No, of course, they were absolutely like what the fuck? And so now he has to rewrite that part of the book.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they were like, okay, he said about Adam. I guess yeah, it's not Yeah, I guess it happened or didn't happen. Like, it's not like she absolutely has to have provision because she didn't get it and the book was it came out right.
Speaker 2: She's obviously he knows he did that, or he could sue and he's not doing that. He's just not saying anything. He's like, okay, like it's.
Speaker 1: Not the word. What she said isn't the worst thing.
Speaker 2: But also some people are not that. Yeah, some people are not going to be like they're not going to care. It's like, probably that's your opinion. Probably isn't like other people probably knew, you know. When they tried to ask Alison Williams, she was also on girls. They're like, what do you think about this Adam allegation. She's like, I haven't read the book yet. She had the perfect answer, right, I got to read the book. Let you know, she not taken side. Yeah, she probably knew that.
Speaker 1: Adam.
Speaker 3: You know, he's a little I don't think he's nuts. He's probably a little method. They've been they shot them. It was six seasons or something.
Speaker 1: But we're just talking about.
Speaker 2: Whether it's worth it, Like, because this person who my person that I'm working with was wrote about also probably did the things that he's saying they did.
Speaker 1: So why can't you just say that, why can't they put it in there? He can? He can't. He could, but he could be also be sued. You don't have to. Then he has to prove that it was true. You know. By the way, I do have a little more on Adam Driver.
Speaker 3: I just asked AI because I think Adam Driver volatile on some you know, does he have issues on set?
Speaker 2: They said? They bring up the Lena Dunham thing. Says that he once, occasionally his temperament would go up. He once punched a hole in a trailer wall and did hurl a chair at the wall next to her head during an intense rehearsal when she struggled to remember her lines about that that's not great, that's not great, and the fact that's he knows that happened. In twenty nineteen, I remember this an NPR interview walk out. He famously walked out of an interview on NPR's Fresh Air after the host played a clip of him singing. He later explained he really dislikes listening to or watching his own performances, and the format of the radio segment triggered his anxiety.
Speaker 1: That's possible. I'd walk out to you. I wouldn't want to hear that shit.
Speaker 2: I'd be like, please, now, that's annoy Imagine you're tired and you're on a pressed tour and they're like.
Speaker 1: Listen to you singing from this thing. What do you think about your voice? Yeah? Yeah, I don't know. But he's but that's the first thing.
Speaker 2: Is pretty volatile and scary other co stars. Conversely, it says many other co stars, such as Daisy Ridley, who worked on Star Wars with him, that I call it the Star Wars and crew members of publicly praise Driver, describing has deeply focused, shy, respectful, highlighting a stark contrast and his reputation among different colleagues. So, you know, I don't know, you know, ah, it's all bullshit, It's all it's all good.
Speaker 1: You know. We could do though, we could do a shout out to the people that make this podcast possible.
Speaker 3: Let's do that, like our friend Randy may Ames and Gail McDonald new name.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Hi, Gail, Welcome Gail McDonald.
Speaker 2: I found a few people that's snuck in there, my god. Yeah, and Carolyn Bastian and Silvano Jimmetti and Sandra Green and call it Rock and Patrick Price he got his here, I got.
Speaker 3: His shadow afore mentioned, Julie Turnbull, Victoria Blake, Andrea Crawford, Dick Frolicker, Jean Vajepe and Carrie Maller.
Speaker 1: We have more.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Karen Johnson Watson and Krista Elizabeth.
Speaker 3: And Crystal Elizabeth and Athena Bouchard. We see we say hello, Sean Price, my old friend. You just came up in conversation. I'll text you.
Speaker 1: And Kate Donado. Yeah, I love all of you guys. Listen. We have so much stuff going on over at rose Pricks. This week.
Speaker 2: We have We're going to be having I am having a conversation with Dave Neil about Love Trapped, which is a crazy podcast about Clayton eckerd. So if you follow our rose Prick stuff, you're not going to want to miss that. And we're going to be after we finish here, we're going to be recording with a woman who was at who testified at the Michael Jackson trial.
Speaker 1: No, this is incredible.
Speaker 2: This is a good get because we've been talking about Michael Jackson a lot lately since the movie came out. Yeah, and we've revisited the documentary and we had some questions. So this is this is her point of view, So you don't want to miss. I think that will be if you're listening on Monday. This will be tomorrow. Yes, all right, thank you everybody, Thank you, Bye bye.