Speaker 1: The following is a paid podcast. iHeartRadio's hosting of this podcast constitutes neither an endorsement of the products offered or the ideas expressed.
Speaker 2: Welcome to Invite Radio. You're about to receive responsible, life changing information on health and nutrition. You'll hear from Invite professionals who are leaders and targeted and anti aging nutrition. Get ready for tomorrow's nutritional science today right here, right now.
Speaker 3: Hello, and welcome to Invite Health Radio. I am doctor Amanda Williams, Scientific director at Invite Health, and.
Speaker 4: Happy Saturday morning to everyone.
Speaker 3: I'm sure all of you New York baseball fans are waking up today with some enthusiasm. I watch both games wow, I mean the Mets and the Yankees. So it was quite an impressive performance by by both of your New York teams. So we'll see how that all works out later today with the Yankees facing off the Guardians. Guardians took out my Tigers, so that that I have a little chip on my shoulder for for that.
Speaker 4: But but what a game. Wow.
Speaker 3: And I love watching Stanton because I remember in his rookie year because I'm down here in Florida, uh going and watching him and he really, he's just so darned good goodness gracious after all.
Speaker 4: Of these years.
Speaker 3: So it was nice to see him play so well last night. I remember going and seeing a game down in Miami during his rookie year because I actually happened to know one of the Reds players at the time, so he got us some tickets and we went down there. Uh, and so it was it was fun to watch that, and he hit a home run on that game too.
Speaker 4: So so for all of you.
Speaker 3: Yankees fans, congrats, I'm sure you're over the moon.
Speaker 4: And for you Mets.
Speaker 3: Fans, you still you still have a chance. So doctors are pretty good though, so we'll see. But anyways, nonetheless, let's stop with the sports. You all know, if you've listened to me, I love sports, so I can go on and on and on sports. And of course today is a huge day for college football. My Wolverines are facing off against the A Line I, so we'll see how that all plays out. And then of course there's a huge game between Georgia and Texas, so I'm excited to tune into that one. Then you've got Bama and Tennessee facing off, so so much action today.
Speaker 4: I will be glued to my TV.
Speaker 3: But before I am doing any of that, I must share with you wonderful information when it comes to health and nutrition, because this matters. This is one of those areas where I oftentimes grow frustrated because I just want to grab the world and give it a good shake and say, we can do so much better. We don't have to, you know, succumb to all of these chronic disease states. We don't have to, you know, wait until something goes haywire in our body before we take action. I mean, right now, we're in October, so this should be kind of a red flag going off in your brain saying, uh, cold and flu season is literally right around the corner. So right now is when we should be zeroing in on our immune system so we know that invite health. We have an incredibly extensive line of formulations that are geared towards enhancing the way in which your immune system can respond to any type of pathogen. I was called them pesky path gens because who wants to be infected with anything? Right? But viruses are generally, at this time of year, the biggest concern, and there's a whole slew of different viruses out there that can make you feel icky, and you know to what degree of ick it just depends. You know, sometimes it's just a mild ickiness and other times it can be incredibly detrimental. So we know these things. But being that we know this.
Speaker 4: What should we be doing?
Speaker 3: Well, we should be zeroing in on our immune defenses. So I have a few different formulations that kind of touch on that. And the reason why I say kind of is because remember many of our formulations I always say are cross functional, they have side benefits. So perhaps you are utilizing our B complex one hundred, the B one hundred, and you're taking it because you think, well, I think B vitamins are good for me, and maybe it's going to give me some energy, and unbeknownst to you, you don't recognize how important B vitamins are for your.
Speaker 4: Immune defense system.
Speaker 3: So taking one capsule of B one hundred every day is a way to be proactive into this season, the start of.
Speaker 4: The cold and flu season.
Speaker 3: This is a really nice addition. We also have our beta immunity. I believe I covered this a little bit a couple of weeks ago. That's that wonderful blend of the lgae based beta glue can and beta gluecns. Remember these are found in nature. You find them in mushrooms for example. This is why mushrooms have such medicinal benefits to them. But we also can find it from this very powerful algae that we source from. So and it's a registered trademark form by the way, it's called beta via and it's been shown in clinical trials to really kind of enhance in a super charged way your immune defenses. So this is very key for us during this time of year. And then that's partnered up with elderberry extracts. So taking one capsule of beta immunity right now very advantageous to start that thought process of.
Speaker 4: How do we be proactive.
Speaker 3: And now this is just in the setting of the immune system, but we also don't want to think of the immune system only as just our defense against these pathogens that we can come in contact with, because the immune system is with us each and every single day, and if we are not doing the right things when it comes to our diet, to our exercise, most importantly, thinking about your stress. Now this is a really key thing to not overlook because if you are wandering around with high levels of stress that is so damaging to the immune system. Now, keep in mind, the immune system is not only your physical barriers to fend off any little pesky pathogen, but it's also the adaptive response to these different infectious agents.
Speaker 4: So when thinking.
Speaker 3: About that, we have to say, well, if the immune system has kind of this own memory to it and we are stressed out, does that affect the immune system's memory?
Speaker 4: And yes it does.
Speaker 3: And when you think about your immune system, we know that seventy percent probably much more than that, but seventy percent of the immune system is located within the gut. And when you hear the word gut, oftentimes people are like, well, do you mean the stomach or do you mean the intestines, Well, we mean the intestines. So, thinking about your GI track and the amount of dysbiosis or unfriendly bacteria that can occur within your intestinal lining, this is an area of major concern because year round, if someone is dealing with GI issues, and perhaps it's irritable bowel, maybe you have a more severe condition such as Crohn's disease or alterative colitis, but there are many individuals who deal with chronic, daily GI issues and maybe it presents in the form of constipation. Maybe it's on the other end of the spectrum and you have loose stool all the time.
Speaker 4: But in any event, we know that if we don't.
Speaker 3: Address that, we are always going to be putting our immune system at a disadvantage, and we don't want to do that when we know that there are things we can be doing as far as regulating our stress, and we have nutrients that are very helpful in doing just that. So we have phosphatidyle seine. And you've probably heard myself as well as Jerry Hickey talk about phosphatitle seine through the years and what it is that phosphatityle cirine actually is. It's a phospholipid. So it's this very important fat. And sometimes you hear the word fat and most people think, oh, that must be bad. Not all fats are bad fats, just the same as not all carbs or bad carbs, or you know, even think about bacteria. Not all bacteria are bad bacteria. So thinking of phospatidle seirine, this is a very key fat not only for our brain, but for the protection of cells throughout the.
Speaker 4: Body, including in your liver.
Speaker 3: And remember, your poor little is dealing with so many different things on a daily basis. It's like overrun by chaos basically, so we always want to be able to protect our daily detoxification, but we also want to have an abundant stress response system.
Speaker 4: So phosphatitle seiring.
Speaker 3: While we talk about this often in the setting of memory and brain health, because clearly there.
Speaker 4: Is significant evidence as to this is.
Speaker 3: One of the main reasons why the body comes equipped with phosphatitle seiring. It is a protector to our neurons in our brain. But it's also really very important when we think about the way that the body responds to stress. And in the Journal of Neuroendochronology back in nineteen ninety they looked at the effects of phosphatityle seering on physical stress. So basically what they did, and it's an interesting design, is they took a group of individuals who were all considered to be healthy. And that's kind of a loose term to throw around because when you say, well, this study had healthy individuals, well, I mean, let's cut to the chase. We know that only twelve percent of Americans are metabolically healthy, so you know, I'm we're dealing with a very small pool of the population, but in a general sense, they're saying, Okay, these people are currently not on any medications, and you know, for the most part, they appear to be healthy. So they set this up where they put these individuals under higher levels of physical stress. And we know that the way that the body responds to stress is through the HPA access, which is the hypothalmis pituitary adrenal access, and this is where you get this kind of this flood of cortisol that is released. Along with an ephorn or apennephorn, you have dopamine involved in this. Not that we have to get into the nitty gritties of all this, but we know that there are many different drivers for internal stress. And remember there's a difference between you stress, which is good stress, and then bad stress. The unfortunate thing is that most folks deal with the bad stress. You're not always having this kind of elation where you have this you know epinephrine that most people are kind of always teetering on that fight or flight response, and over the long term, that can be incredibly detrimental to all systems in the body because that can lead to burnout, and we never want that to occur. But one of the interesting findings about this study that was published all the way back in nineteen ninety was that they found that when they gave these individuals pospatitle searing prior to putting them under this physical distress, they could see a direct causal improvement in these different blood markers.
Speaker 4: And it wasn't just.
Speaker 3: That they could see a better regulation of the corsol response, but interestingly enough, they actually saw that the glucose levels had improved. Because remember what cortisol can do to your pancreatic function, and when we think about the pancreas, the pancreas is responsible for releasing glucose and insulin. So if we have this big spike in corsol in response to stress, this can affect our blood sugar levels.
Speaker 4: And so in this study they.
Speaker 3: Said, well, heck, we gave these people phospatyl seine, We stressed them the heck out, and then we took their serum blood levels and comparing that to their stress markers before taking phostatidal seirin and then takeing the phostatitle searing.
Speaker 4: They could see all of these market improvements.
Speaker 3: So thinking about this time of year and the body being under greater levels of stress, you know, as we're changing seasons and the weather's getting colder, and maybe you're stressed out because you're hoping the Mets are going to win. Whatever be the case, fostatitle searing is incredibly supportive for not only your brain health, but also your immune system health because it's going to protect the immune system from that degradation from high stress. So fostatitle searing excellent formulation. I'm looking at the clock. I realize I need to squeeze in a quick break, So stick around with me.
Speaker 4: I have a lot more to cover. I will be right back just after this.
Speaker 3: Our mission for over twenty five years is to bring you the most accurate information on nutrition and health. Listening to this radio show makes learning and saving easier. For today's featured product special call eight hundred six three two zero five seven two. That's eight hundred six three two zero five seven two. Don't wait. Call now to get your buy one, get one free offer. Want to know more about additional savings. Keep listening to Invite Health Radio. We share the science and the savings. Don't wait. Call right now for today's radio specials. Buy one bottle at suggested retail Get one bottle free with free shipping on orders over thirty five dollars eight hundred six three two zero five seven two. That's eight hundred six three two zero five seven two. Schedule your free nutrition consult today in store or by phone.
Speaker 4: We are here to help.
Speaker 3: Call eight hundred six three two zero five seven two. That's eight hundred six three two zero five seven two. Or go to invite heealth dot com and welcome back to Invite Health Radio. I am doctor Amanda Williams. Have a lot of products that I have on special for you today. Actually, let me just clip through those and just give you a list.
Speaker 4: Maybe you're right.
Speaker 3: I'm down because remember you can stop by any of our stores or open seven days a week, or even give us a call and our team will be happy to hook you up with these products special so fosta title searing clearly that is on special today. I have the B one hundred. Remember the importance of B vitamins not just for energy. I'll get into some more detail on that. I have our B twelve five hundred microgram on special. B twelve is really important for the brain. I'm gonna talk about that as well.
Speaker 4: Elthaning.
Speaker 3: You've heard us talk about eltheeninge numerous times on this program. This little, tiny, powerful amino acid that's derived from green tea. So you get the antioxidants the catkins that the green tea in and of itself provides, but then you get this really powerful amino acid that can help to keep the body nice and calm because it helps the body naturally release gabba. You're calming neurotransmitter. So I have that on special. I have the beta immunity on special, the black seed with rosemary and cordyceps mushroom on special, Apple cider vinegar.
Speaker 4: I want to talk about that.
Speaker 3: I wanted to do that product today because I'm like, well, we're in the fall, people are heading out to apple orchards. Let's talk some apples today. And remember, eating whole apples is a wonderful source of not only fiber, just like an average sized apple can give you probably roughly five grams of fiber. And we know Americans don't do too good at getting enough fiber, so eating an apple. You know when they used to say an apple a day keeps the doctor weight, there's something to that.
Speaker 4: Folks. But it's also loaded with.
Speaker 3: Powerful antioxidts, including corsetins, So maybe you deal with seasonal allergies. You know, you start eating your apple every day as a snack and put down the potato chips and you're like, hey, I'm not, you know, sneezing as much. Well there, thank you, Corstan coming from the apple. I also have our Calplex on special because this is once again one of those areas where if we do nothing, if we choose to wait until we have very frail.
Speaker 4: Bones, that's a problem.
Speaker 3: So the Calplex is a comprehensive blend of you've probably heard of our bone powder, that's our most comprehensive, but the Calplex this is really a nice blend because it's calcium, vitamin D, phosphorus, and boron.
Speaker 4: So for those who perhaps don't want to use.
Speaker 3: A powdered formulation such as our bone powder, this is going to be your go to for really supporting healthy bone density as we get older.
Speaker 4: And as I always say.
Speaker 3: Don't wait until you go in and you have a DEXI scanned on and they're like, oh gosh, your T scores are horrible. Don't wait until that point in time because people don't recognize that their bones are getting weaker. You don't wake up in the morning and go, oh, my bones certainly feel weak today. You don't notice it. It's silent. So be proactive. It's like being proactive in your eyehealth as well. And we should be proactive in every aspect of our health. And if we did that, we wouldn't have such high levels of arthritis and diabetes and obesity and heart disease. We can do better. We just have to be active participants. I always say this, you have to be an active participant in your own health and when you decide to do that, you will reap the benefits of that. So I have many different products that are on special as well as elcar with ala. So we have that in that cap now and folks are very happy that we now have the capsule form easier for many folks to swallow as opposed to the tablet. We made that switch over so that we have year round accessibility.
Speaker 4: Sometimes, because of.
Speaker 3: The natural makeup of the ctylel carnatine and alfalapoic acid, sometimes making that in the warmer months of the summer can be a bit of a challenge. When we put it into the tablet, so now it is in that capsulated form, So all of those are on special.
Speaker 4: So let me talk a bit.
Speaker 3: About B twelve because, like I said, I have the B twelve five hundred microgram So it's not a high potent BE twelve by any means, but it's important, especially if someone is maybe on a vegan or vegetarian diet. We know that you are at a greater risk of having low B twelve status. If someone is taking met Foreman for diabetes, for example, we know that your B twelve absorption.
Speaker 4: Coming from your foods will be.
Speaker 3: Incredibly impacted by that. It's always one of those things that makes me scratch my head whenever I'm working with anybody who is a diabetic who is taking met Foreman and I ask that question. I'll say, you know, well, has your doctor tested your B twelve levels? And they'll say no, not that I'm aware of. And then they'll go and they'll pull their labs and they look and they say, no, they've never tested my B twelve. And that's why I just say, why we know that one of the side effects of met Foreman is it depletes B twelve.
Speaker 4: It's common sense.
Speaker 3: It's like we know that when people take statin drugs, one of the side effects is the body cannot manufacture co Q ten as efficiently.
Speaker 4: So here's my point.
Speaker 3: If you're on met forman, you should always when they test your hemoglobe in a one C level, they should.
Speaker 4: Also be testing your B twelve level. Same thing.
Speaker 3: If you are on a statin drug and they are testing your lipid levels, they should also be looking at your co Q ten blood levels.
Speaker 4: Just my little tip for the day.
Speaker 3: But let's talk about B twelve because many times, and I was probably in this train of thought back when I was in medical school, because remember in medical school, you don't learn the nutritional side of omega threes or vitamins minerals.
Speaker 4: You just don't.
Speaker 3: You learn just the more vague aspects. So most people you think B twelve, you think energy. And then that's not wrong to think that because we know that we have to have B twelve for red blood cell production and getting the you know, oxygenation out to the tissue.
Speaker 4: So yes, there is that.
Speaker 3: But did you know that if you have low B twelve levels there is a direct association with brain atrophy. I mean, you don't ever hear about that. I talk about this in the setting of Omega three fatty acids and why it's so important to supplement with whether that be the invite health fish oil or the invite health krill oil each day. There's a reason why why because we want to maintain brain volume as we grow older. We don't want our brain to shrink, so that's key. But most folks would never correlate B twelve with brain shrinkage, and if you don't have enough B twelve, this can lead to brain volume loss.
Speaker 4: I mean, it was really fascinating.
Speaker 3: They had conducted a study and they found a over five hundred percent greater rate of brain volume loss and individuals who had very low serum B twelve levels compared to those who had high B twelve levels. So that's an issue because we don't want our brain to shrink. We know that if we have shrinking of the brain, this can lead to memory issues cognitive impairment. So taking B twelve, whether that's by itself or in the B one hundred, is an incredibly advantageous thing to do. But then also recognizing that your B vitamins are doing so many different functions for us when we look at the different pathways for detoxication. As I have mentioned before in the past, if you have mood issues, anxiety, depression, you are not taking B vitamins each day, You're doing yourself a significant disservice. So when knowing these things and thinking to ourselves, well, is my diet providing me adequate vitamins and minerals well, the true answer to that is no. We clearly know this at this point in time. We know that even if you're doing your best to eat a quote unquote healthy diet, you're likely falling well shy of adequate exposure to vitamins and minerals, which is why we always encourage folks to be taking a comprehensive multi vitamin multimineral each and every single day. So whether that's our core multi the performance, the men's the women's, so that we at least get that coverage of those key vitamins and minerals. But looking at each individual B vitamin, I mean, be one incredibly important for brain health and to regulate healthy blood sugar levels. We certainly can see the importance of B six fol eate. We can go through each individual B vitamin, but we know that they're needed for the way that our cells repair themselves for immune function, for our neurotransmitters, for mood, and if we have low B vitamin status occurring, this just increases that risk for age related issues, cardiovascular disease, cognitive disease.
Speaker 4: So we don't want to do that.
Speaker 3: So this is why taking the B complex one hundred one capa day or taking the B twelve, especially if you know you're taking met Foreman or if you're a vegetarian or a vegan, it would be incredibly advantageous to be taking these. So those two products are both on special. And then when we're looking at you know, fostatitle seerin and all of its many actions from regulating our stress response, we can partner that up with the el car with ALA and we really can get this profound synergistic effect. This is a really nice one two punch when we're dealing with stress induced kind of low energy states and feeling a little bit scatter brained or cloudy, foggy brain is doing this combination. So say you get up in the morning and you take your l CAR with ALA, you take two capsules about a half an hour before you eat.
Speaker 4: That's fine if you drink your coffee along with it.
Speaker 3: It's not gonna disrupt the absorption, but you don't want to take the l car with ALA with food if we can avoid that, because whenever we're dealing with amino acids, they are best absorbed on an empty stomach, So we want to make sure that we're getting all of that acetyl al carnatine to absorb into the bloodstream. So you start off the morning and you take your l car with ALA and this is going to go in.
Speaker 4: It's helping to create energy.
Speaker 3: We've got the elf poic acid that's you know, batting off stress free radicals, and then you wait a half an hour, you eat your breakfast and you take your fostatitle seerine. So now throughout the day we have the fostatityle sirine to not only help with brain connectivity but also to regulate our stress response. And at the same time we have our coll carnotine with alfa lapoc acid that's driving up energy for us.
Speaker 4: So it's a really great.
Speaker 3: One two punch for folks who do feel a bit run down, or maybe you do feel like you have a lack of focus and attention, and maybe you say, well, you know, maybe I have attention deficit. I'm not exactly sure. I just always feel like I can't complete my tasks. This combination can be really helpful. I mean, they did a fascinating study many many years ago where they gave posatitle sirine to college students just before they went in to take these major examining and they were all stressed. You know, but they're younger, so they're supposed to have a pretty good, you know, stress response system. But what they found was that when they gave them FOSTA title searing, they performed much better on those exams because it helped their bodies regulate that stress, and because it's this key fat for the brain, it helped with the neuronal connections. So elcar with ala capsules and then a half an hour later, we eat something, we take our FOSTA title searing ideally two caps a pospatitle searing, and we are set up for the day to really allow the body to have a better management system over stress and increasing energy for us throughout the day. So looking at the clock, I do need to squeeze in a quick break, so stick around with me.
Speaker 4: I will be right back just after this.
Speaker 3: Our mission for over twenty five years, is to bring you the most accurate information on nutrition and help. Listening to this radio show makes learning and saving easier. For today's featured product specials, call eight hundred sixty three two zero five seven two. That's eight hundred six three two zero five seven two. Don't wait, call now to get your buy one, get one free offer. Want to know more about additional savings. Keep listening to Invite Health Radio. We share the science and the savings. Don't wait. Call right now for today's radio special. Buy one bottle at suggested retail get one bottle free with free shipping on orders over thirty five dollars eight hundred six three two zero five seven two. That's eight hundred sixty three two zero five seven to two. Schedule your free nutrition consult today in store or by phone. We are here to help. Call eight hundred six three two zero five seven to two. That's eight hundred sixty three two zero five seven two. Or go to invitehealth dot Com and welcome back today Invite Health Radio. I am doctor Amanda Williams. Remember our stores are open seven days a week, so you can pop on in take advantage of any of today's radio specials, have a consultation with one of our nutritional experts. They are there to help you help yourself. That is a free service, and it is just wonderful to have that ability to go in and ask questions, you know, because I always say, we're all so unique. You know, what I do as far as my daily supplementation routine is likely to be completely different.
Speaker 4: Than what someone else is doing.
Speaker 3: And that makes sense because we're all unique and what our needs are based off of our stress levels, based off of, you know, any underlying health conditions that you're dealing with, your diet, your exercise. You want to have a very personalized supplementation routine. And this is something that we take so much pride in it and invite health. And this is the way Jerry, you know, set up Invite so many years ago, almost you know, thirty years ago now. Is he knew he had the scientific knowledge to be able to create these wonderful formulations. He's a pharmacist and so that was never in doubt, that was never in question. But what he really wanted was to give people a means to have really important conversations about their health and wellness with folks who have spent their entire careers dedicated to that, and that was one of the things that made me so intrigued by Invite Health so many years ago. It's just the fact that not only do we have the wonderful formulations, but we back that with having folks like doctor Claire. I mean, she's a natural pathic doctor who, oh, you can go and have a consultation with at no cost. And I'm not sure if people realize the value in that, but if you were to see doctor Claire in a private office setting, it would be incredibly expensive. I mean, doctor Claire has spent years in her not only her own personal journey with you know, trying and experimenting with different nutrients and you know, different food recipes, but I mean, she has so many years under her belt when it comes to the education and really understanding how these nutrients work, no understanding why BE twelve is important for someone who's a diabetic who's taking met formant. She fully understands all of that. So please tap into that resource, go over and have a conversation with her. She's in our four till store today, so you can swing by there or give her a call. But all of our stores have nutritioness so definitely do take advantage of that. It's funny when I knew I was gonna be talking about the B vitamins, I had pulled up some of my old information from you know, back in time, and I found the citric acid cycle. And you might sit there and go, well, what in the world are you talking about the citric acid cycle. Trust me, this thing was my nemesis in my first year of medical school in biochemistry class. And it's so interesting now that when I go back and I look at the citric acid cycle, because you know, I was knowing everything based off of you know, this is a rate limiting step, and you know you have susinal COO A and then this goes to sucinate, and then you have fumerate, and then you have meleate, and then you have oxalate. I knew all of the past pathway and I knew, okay, well, then there's this enzyme and this one, you know, limits the production of energy via this way, and you know acetylcholine is part of this pathway as well. So now I fast forward all these years and I go back and I look at that pathway and I say, oh, my goodness like, you have to have, you know, vitamin B one, and you have to have B two involved in this critical step, and you have to have B twelve for the conversion over here in that part of the pathway. So it just once again it reinforces why B vitamins are so important and also how cardio protective they are. I should have pulled the study before today's show, but they did a really interesting assessment of B vitamin status and New Yorkers and they found that in folks living there in Manhattan, if they had low B vitamin levels, they were more prone to cardiac conditions than those who maintain healthy B vitamin levels. So now that should have been all over your nightly news. It probably was not, but I'm just informing you the critical importance of your B vitamin. So B one hundred, B twelve, they're both on special. Now let's shift focus to the fall time and apples apple cider vinegar. We have this wonderful formula and a lot of folks when we first brought it into our product line is we've probably had it maybe for five or six years now, they said, oh, is this for weight loss? And the truth to the matter is well, yes it is for many different reasons. We know that the apple cider vinegar itself has natural thermogenic properties to it, so it can help with fat burning.
Speaker 4: And when we look at our.
Speaker 3: Adipicites or our fat cells, we have the white fat cells and we have brown fat cells. Ideally we want to have a higher amount of brown fat cells. Well, unless we transport ourselves back to being six months old, we're never going to have more brown fat cells than white fat cells.
Speaker 4: Just never gonna happen. But what we can do is we can take.
Speaker 3: Different nutrients that kind of trick your white fat cells in that moment and say, hey, why don't you just just in this little moment in time, why don't you act like a brown fat cell. And that's what's fascinating about apple cider or vinegar is it has this ability to allow for this charging up of the fat cells, so it wants to burn itself off. So yes, can you use the apple cider or vinegar if your goal is to lose weight, of course, but we also know that apple cider vinegar has so many wonderful properties to it.
Speaker 4: It is a.
Speaker 3: Powerful antioxidant, so wonderful for fighting off free radicals and oxidative stress. And then when you start to really look at the clinical research studies done on apple cider vinegar, it's very impressive. So you know, let's just cut to the real point that most people want to hear.
Speaker 4: If I take it, will I lose weight?
Speaker 3: So I'm going to give you a study here, and this was published in the British Medical Journal and their Nutrition, Prevention and Health Division, and it was study that just came out this year. They were looking at the impact of apple cider vinegar when it came to weight management. This was a randomized, double blind, placebo controlled trial. They took a group of one hundred and twenty overweight or obese. Remember there's that teetering of you know, are you clinically obese or are you overweight? But in any case, all of these individuals met that mark and they put them into either a placebo group or into a group that was going to receive apple cider vinegar.
Speaker 4: And they looked at all of these different markers.
Speaker 3: Obviously they're looking at their weight and their BMI, their percent body fat, but they also looked at their blood glucose levels, their triglyceride levels, their total cholesterol levels. And they conducted this double blind placebo control trial for twelve weeks and they found that daily consumption of apple cider vinegar and they started to see the effects at month one, So at the end of four weeks is when they really started to see this significant shift, this improvement. They could see the body fat percent coming down, they could see the waste circumference coming down. They could see obviously in pounds their weight coming down. But what was really quite interesting the way in which they could show that the apple cider vinegar had this really promising anti obesity property to it, and because they call it anti obesity, they also found that it had a lot of the cardio metabolic supporting properties to it as well. The cholesterol levels improved, triglystride levels came down. This is why when I look at this product in our product line, and maybe people are drawn to it because they think, oh, well, this is good. I'm gonna lose weight if I take this. That's one incredibly wonderful benefit to it. But also recognize that when you're taking this, we are supporting the health of our triglytrides. We are protecting our LDL, which is your low density liptal protein the quote.
Speaker 4: Unquote bad cholesterol.
Speaker 3: We're protecting that from becoming oxidized. Oxidize LDLs are incredibly detrimental to our health. So we can see this time and time again. In the Current Medicinal Chemistry Journal, they talked about this. They looked at the effects of apple cider or vinegar on cardiometabolic risk factors. So they did a meta analysis, so they populated a multitude of different clinical trials that have been conducted assessing the effectiveness of apple cider or vinegar. And when you have folks out there that say, oh, there's no clinical evidence.
Speaker 4: To that, Okay, this is just a point to be made.
Speaker 3: They looked at twenty five different clinical trials, twenty five different clinical trials.
Speaker 4: And this is always my question to folks.
Speaker 3: You have twenty five clinical trials just looking at one data point for apple cie or vinegar. Now look at many pharmaceutical drugs. How many actual clinical trials, long term clinical trials are conducted on a particular drug. Just let that sink in for a minute. So twenty five clinical trials on apple, cid or vinegar, and through this meta analysis, going through and assessing all of the data points, looking at the hemoglobe and A one C levels, looking at tregliss rides, looking at fasting blood glucose levels, they could see that the consumption of apple cider vinegar had incredibly favorable effects on decreasing many of these cardio metabolic risk factors.
Speaker 4: So if you are.
Speaker 3: Going to go off to invite health today, or you're going to call us and order the apple cider vinegar, and perhaps your draw to it is that you want to have it support your weight loss goals, that's great, but keep in mind you're getting all of these other powerful side benefits that go along with that. And this is why when we start to really hone in on things that come from nature and understanding the way in which something like apple cide or vinegar can promote our health.
Speaker 4: And even if you're looking.
Speaker 3: At arthritis as an example, we know that apple cider vinegar has a wonderful ability to regulate the inflammatory response. So what's fascinating is, once again, in many of these studies, what they had found was, you know, maybe the point of the study was to say, Okay, will this lower someone's cholesterol? Will this improve upon their glucose levels? But they also found you know, markers for inflammation coming down. So for individuals who are dealing with chronic inflammatory conditions such as arthritis, you too can yield that benefit of all of the many ways something from nature, apple cide or vinegar can work to enhance your overall health. So it's just a fabulous less formulation. So and it's so clean, you know when you think about all the garbage that humans put into their body all the time and the process foods, and I mean, goodness, gracious. Rutgers University just in this past week came out with two really disturbing studies about all the microplastics that are just everywhere and you know, building up in the human body and your arteries.
Speaker 4: It's just so scary.
Speaker 3: Now, are we going to change the industry as a whole? Are you going to get them to stop using plastic?
Speaker 4: No, But what you.
Speaker 3: Can do is you can take nutrents to help fight these things off more effectively. It's better than doing nothing. So when we look at something like apple cide or vinegars's a wonderful way even for cellular detoxification. So I'm looking at the clock, I do need to squeeze in one final break, so stick around with me.
Speaker 4: I will be right back after this.
Speaker 3: Our mission for over twenty five years is to bring you the most accurate information on nutrition and health. Listening to this radio show makes learning and saving easier. For today's featured product specials, call eight hundred sixty three two zero five seven two. That's eight hundred sixty three two zero five seven two. Don't wait. Call now to get your buy one, get one free offer. Want to know more about additional savings. Keep listening to Invite Health Radio. We share the science and the savings. Don't wait. Call right now for today's radio specials. Buy one bottle at suggested retail get one bottle free with free shipping on orders over thirty five dollars eight hundred six three two zero five seven two. That's eight hundred six three two zero five seven two. Schedule your free nutrition consult today in store or by phone. We are here to help. Call eight hundred six three two zero five seven two. That's eight hundred six three two zero five seven two. Or go to invite heealth dot com and welcome back to Invite Health Radio. I am doctor Amanda Williams, and our last segment here so covered quite a bit already today. Apple cider vinegar can't say enough about that. Your B vitamins, how important those are Elthianning for that stress response. One of the points I want to make about Elthianning before I move on, because I do you want to talk about kelplex, but eltheening. This is one of those really interesting nutrients. You know when you think about stress, and stress can come in a variety of different forms. I used to find that I could get stressed out quite easily. I don't as much anymore. I credit a lot of that to mindfulness. And years ago, when I was working with medical students as an assistant professor at a medical school, I did a specialized course in mind body medicine, and the point of that course was for me to be able to better help my students. But at the end of the day, I ended up helping myself because I didn't realize that I didn't have the best stress management.
Speaker 4: Skills. So now I do, and you know, all of it in.
Speaker 3: Totality leads to better wellness overall. Because I was already doing other things right. I was eating really healthy, you know, I very much so adhere to a Mediterranean diet. My exercise is good, you know, as far as my daily supplementation routine, yes, I do all of those things right, but my stress wasn't always the best. So you know, I could get my self worked up over things that I had no ability to change, but still get myself worked up about it. So now you know, I look at stress so much differently, and when I look at el theanine, this is one of those formulations kind of like bromolane. I always tell folks everybody should have a bottle of Invite Health bromolane that you keep at home in a cabinet because you never know if you're going to get indigestion and you need to turn to your bromolane because it works as a digestive enzyme. You never know if you have an ache or a pain. Having bromolane at the ready is really a good idea instead of always having to turn to an end set, a non steroidal anti inflammatory drug. But I look at theanine in that same light, because we never know when stress levels are going to drive up in our body, and you know, maybe it's because you're commuting to work and traffic is horrible, and you just feel that stress starting to amount. Maybe you have you know, other things that are going on in your world that are stressing you out. What's lovely about health theaninge is this is one of those very unique supplements where it's not like you have to have a quote unquote loading time period where you need to take it, you know, consistently every day for two weeks before you start to see the difference. As soon as you start taking althenine, you will see and feel the difference.
Speaker 4: And that's what I.
Speaker 3: Really like about this product, especially for individuals out there who maybe are a little skeptical of dietary supplements. Oh can that really work?
Speaker 4: Yes?
Speaker 3: Now, what's fascinating about althenine is well, how much do I need to take? You know, for myself, say, if I'm traveling, I always have my althenine with me because traveling always can drive up someone's stress. For me, one capsule is sufficient. One capsule I get enough of that GABA release gets me into a nice sense of calm. Now for someone else, they may find taking two capsules or taking three capsules is the point that gives them kind of this nice balance back. So but in any event, you will feel the difference as soon as you start taking it.
Speaker 4: So that's why I was saying, it's a nice.
Speaker 3: Thing just to have on board because maybe you've had a really hectic day and you get home and you just want to be able to unwind take your altheniane capsules, so healtheniinge. Now I do want to talk about our colplex formulation. As I mentioned, a lot of times we focus on our bone powder, but the colplex this is really a nice alternative for folks who perhaps don't want to use the powder. This is the combination of Kel's vitamin D. Of course most of the time people correlate vitamin D with bone health, right, but it also has phosphorus and it has boron. Now, both phosphorus and boron are incredibly important for bone mineralization. This is the area, once again where we want to be proactive. We want to be thinking about our future and we want to say, okay, well maybe I'm fifty years old now, but how do I want my bones to be when I'm seventy. How do I want my bones to be when I'm eighty. So when it comes to bone health, there's many different moving parts to this, and we know that diet plays a critical role in this. We have to be able to regulate inflammation. If we have high levels of inflammation, this will lead to further breakdown of your bones. And remember you don't know Notice that you don't wake up and say my bones are feeling weak today. Now, perhaps your muscles might feel weak, but that's also a clear indication that hm, okay, if your muscles are feeling weak, that probably means that the underlying bones those are getting weak too. So this is why the colplex is so nice. When you think about the phosphorus, and I think phosphorus oftentimes is overlooked. I mean, this is an essential element in the body. It's required for many different functions, including ATP synthesis. So when you're taking colplex, you may be thinking, okay, this is just for my bones, not realizing that that phosphorus is something that your cells can tap into for energy. So this is why we have these unique blended formulations that work kind of cross functionally. They serve many different purposes because you may not think about taking calcium, vitamin D, phosphorus, and boron for anything other than your bones. But yet we know that the calcium that's important for sleep regulation. So if you take the calplex in the evening, this can help to promote better sleep for you when you go through the sleep cycle. Calcium is very important and critical to that vitamin D. Not only is it key for bone density, but think about your immune system and all of the ways that vitamin D plays a role into that. So the colplex, while it is geared towards bone density, it has these nutrients that are doing other functions. So you're getting that phosphorus that can help not only with the bone mineralization, but for signal transduction pathways in the body for generating energy. Boron. For men out there, boron is so important for the health of your prostate, and the men have low boron intake which can lead to an enlarged prostate. So taking calplex is a way for you to get some daily exposure to boron to maintain not only bhone densy, but also to maintain the health of your prostate. So all of these different formulations. The black seed remember that has the kumen extract partnered up with rosemary. Rosemary does a wonderful job that herb to regulate histamine response. So if you find yourself you know with the runny eyes sneezing. This is the product that you want to be turning to is that black seed with rosemary. Plus it has the cordyceps mushroom. Talked a little bit about the beta glue cans found in the beta immunity, but the cord aceps mushroom also naturally contains beta glue can in that these immunomodulatory nutrients that do such a wonderful job at enhance seeing our immune defenses. So I went over a lot of stuff I feel like today. Hopefully I didn't veer off track too much for you. I do kind of want to just go back through the different products that I have on special, which includes fosphatitle searing for brain health and stress, your lcar with ala for energy and brain health and heart health, and beyond apple cider vinegar, the B one hundred, the B twelve lthianning for calming stress for watching that Yankees game later today, Go get your altheninge beta immunity, the black seed with rosemary, and of course don't forget about your bones, and we have that calplex. If you happen to have any questions for me, by all means reach out to me. Don't be shy or bashful a Williams at invitehealth dot com. That's a Williams at invitehealth dot com.
Speaker 4: And until we speak again.
Speaker 3: Be well. Our mission for over twenty five years is to bring you the most accurate information on nutrition and health. Listening to this radio show makes learning and saving easier. For today's featured product specials, call eight hundred sixty three two zero five seven to two. That's eight hundred six three two zero five seven to two. Don't wait, call now to get your buy one, get one free offer. Want to know more about additional savings. Keep listening to Invite Health Radio. We share the science and the savings.
Speaker 4: Don't wait.
Speaker 3: Call right now for today's radio specials. Buy one bottle at suggested retail get one bottle free with free shipping on orders over thirty five dollars eight hundred six three two zero five seven to two. That's eight hundred sixty three two zero five seven to two. Schedule your free nutrition consult today in store or by phone. We are here to help. Call eight hundred six three two zero five seven two that's eight hundred sixty three two zero five seven two or go to invitehealth dot com.
Speaker 5: You've been listening to Invite Health radio, and remember, seven days a week in all our beautiful stores, we have professionals available for your health and nutrition needs. You'll enjoy your visit to Invite Health because we'll make it better. And when you can't come in.
Speaker 2: Just give us a qull at eight hundred six three two zero five seven two.
Speaker 1: The proceeding was a paid podcast. iHeartRadio's hosting of this podcast constitutes neither an endorsement of the products offered or the ideas expressed