Speaker 1: You look like the floor of a taxi.
Speaker 2: Well, I wish I felt that good, but I don't. It was a lot.
Speaker 1: No one pulls off floor of a taxi like you.
Speaker 2: That's right.
Speaker 3: It was a long long night early morning for Dwight witting last night.
Speaker 1: But when you hung out with the guy that has had a restraining order. We'll get to that story. We'll can get that story.
Speaker 3: But first, come on by the fireplace and the grill master supply for lunch today, Ribby sandwiches, broad Worst Scott from the hog Fathers just walked in. They're doing the cooking. These are these are the pros when it comes to cooking. And by the way, did I mention it was free? I probably did.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's free about ten forty five issues that what we're talking about.
Speaker 2: Yeah, probably about ten forty five all the way to noon. Come on out.
Speaker 3: Uh, there's always planning for everybody. That's including drinks. But man, these guys can cook like nobody's business. Free lunch Friday, Ribbi Steak sandwiches and't broadwads.
Speaker 1: Uh. Let's let's go back in time here, just a couple of minutes in the announcement in eight forty five, that we were pushing out on social media. Tony Cruz, long time morning show host of of course right here at this station, whas it was his dream job, he got it and he kept it for over twenty years, is retiring?
Speaker 2: Oh did we do the retirement spin? Because everybody knows this.
Speaker 3: Since Tony Cruz took over mornings, every office supply in our office supply closet has been depleted.
Speaker 2: He's been selling them on No, I'm just teaching, Gus.
Speaker 1: It was a very Tony Cruz close out and it's just it's him, and I think it's accurate when I used to call him when when I said, oh, they hired a boy scout for mornings, he is sort of the boy scout of the station, Gus.
Speaker 4: He is and fine gentleman. If you don't know Tony, if you've never met him, he is a wonderful individual, one of the very best people that you could ever encounter. And I spend a lot of time just setting and talking with him. We will get in some deep discussions. They're good.
Speaker 3: He's very true and what you see, what you hear is what you get.
Speaker 2: And I was funny, that's that's nice. It's very nice.
Speaker 1: It's nice to have me.
Speaker 3: And I recall I think it was last Sunday, Tony Cruise and I were at chess club and I was drinking.
Speaker 2: A nice tea and his move was.
Speaker 3: His horsey to my castle right, and the heart to heart we had was just.
Speaker 1: Like, well, I know that Gus enjoyed the are you gonna fire me today?
Speaker 2: Are you are going? Are you gonna me today?
Speaker 5: I can't, I can approve, but man.
Speaker 1: To sit in that chair. I don't care who you are for a station that's over one hundred years old, that that's reinvented itself so many times over these decades and centuries now, but it is to keep that job for twenty years. Is it's nothing small, That's not a small thing.
Speaker 5: It ain't easy, way, no, it ain't.
Speaker 1: It ain't easy. And he did that, and Scott Fishgerald was right there with him for most of that run or all the run. I'm not sure on the details on that, but we love him dearly.
Speaker 2: We love Penny.
Speaker 1: He's got a couple of grandkids because he did a great job raising his kids. Uh, and he's going to be a grandpa and just do that.
Speaker 2: I think I'm thought it was super cool.
Speaker 3: When he was telling the story that he and his friends that were in the lower level radio stations said what do you want to work at if you had a dream job? And he said, w h A s anyone whose working for WHA? That's my story.
Speaker 1: That's exactly I thought the same thing because I always.
Speaker 3: Wanted to work for wq MATH. I specifically wanted to do mornings on wq MATH and had the opportunity to do that with Rocky and Troy, and.
Speaker 1: So you did more of an opportunity. You You were the funny, funniest thing on that show.
Speaker 2: But here's here's twenty dollars, thank you.
Speaker 1: Okay, So let's start with the sad news out of New York.
Speaker 2: Wait.
Speaker 1: I don't know, I don't know. I'm not I've never been on any of these tourist helicopter rides around town. I don't think I would ride one in New York because of the buildings and the and you know, on the wind and all that. But last night, I don't think any of those things had anything to do with it. The back half of a helicopter flew off and did you see the video as it crashed into the water.
Speaker 2: It was kind of crazy.
Speaker 3: I just the first thing I saw that was this morning, I was doing the show prep and I saw the story.
Speaker 2: I read this story. Just the story was.
Speaker 3: Terrifying, talking about pieces of it coming off and then going into the Hutson. I can't imagine the fear. That's not the way I want to go.
Speaker 1: The victims include Augustin Escobar, an executive with Siemens in Spain. They're one of the largest companies in the world, along with his wife and three children, aged four, five, and eleven. All passed away, including the helicopter pilot. They departed downtown Manhattan the heliport It's on all the movie, Yeah, that heliport there around three pm. Witnesses reported seeing loud noise or hearing loud noises, seeing parts of the helicopter detached, and if you watch it, the back habit just flies off and the blade spins off into the distance. And then here's I'm not a you know, a crash reconstruction. But they hit the water so fast, I'm going to think that they didn't feel a thing.
Speaker 3: Well maybe, but think about the moments beforehand, because you know what's coming.
Speaker 2: Just what a terrifying way to go out.
Speaker 1: I know that you at one time were planning on starting a helicopter tour of Shively. I was gonna do that and that fell through in the last second, along with your funeral photographer.
Speaker 3: And I was gonna make all the stops, the car lots and the by here pay here like lone places.
Speaker 1: Gus, if you've ever been on one of those tourist helicopter thingies.
Speaker 5: I have not. And I'll be honest with you.
Speaker 4: Every time I hear about a helicopter crash, it involves.
Speaker 5: One of these tours things.
Speaker 4: And I was somewhere, I don't know, maybe Gatlinburg, perhaps, I think they do that down there, and I looked up and I was just watching it on the highway and I go, you know, I'd really enjoy doing that, and I'm going, nah, I don't think.
Speaker 1: So.
Speaker 4: There's something every time I hear about him, that's it's one of those crashing.
Speaker 3: I've got some friends that, uh well, one of my friends, closest friend has a helicopter tour that he does over in Hawaii. His name's TC and I love he and my buddy Tom Rick and Higgins. You know, they've been up there several times.
Speaker 2: With no worries. Uh well, oh okay, he's a flashy guy. Okay.
Speaker 1: Uh so that that's sad. That news will keep coming in. And again there was a two planes clipped their wings again at Washington Reagan and I'm like, this is this is crazy.
Speaker 2: What's going on?
Speaker 1: And I don't know what's happening since uh in the last what would you say, two or three months? Because I can't remember hearing these stories at all, and now it's every week.
Speaker 3: It's kind of like a final destination.
Speaker 1: It really is, you know, it really is. Let's get you a good story now as we start on a Friday here at the Grill Masters in Middletown, free food, starting around ten forty five ish. Yes, I've got a friend of mine, Kevin Trimble, that's coming in. He's retired lieutenant colonel in the Marines. He was a military planner, two time Bronze start with Valor winner and he's a networking guy.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 1: So what he does is teach companies how to network and how to do that. Right, See, he would put us in his inner circle.
Speaker 2: I doubt he would do that. He would probably be sure we're more outer circle, that's true.
Speaker 1: But Pat Kelcey three point three million dollars and worth every time per year. That's yes, you know, that's the UFO basketball coach.
Speaker 2: Oh, you had a little far away look in your face.
Speaker 1: This far away look at my face, and let's just be honest. Three point three million dollars on a guy that's four foot eleven.
Speaker 2: That's gonna he's not. Pat Kelsey is a tink.
Speaker 1: How many of those glass as he could pile?
Speaker 3: Are those the Google glasses or medical glasses or whatever?
Speaker 2: Hope?
Speaker 1: Oh no, Gus, that was the story last night. Three point three million million dollar rays ain't bad after your first year.
Speaker 5: That's pretty good.
Speaker 4: Got incentives for I believe Switt sixteen lead eight, Final four. He was the fifty eighth highest paid coach. He was like ninth in the ACC before this. Yeah, so hopefully that. I didn't see where that gets him up to after this, but hey, well deserved, well deserved.
Speaker 5: Yea things around on a Harvey.
Speaker 2: No, I mean the numbers.
Speaker 1: I was reading Bostage article on DRB of the numbers of attendance from year to year and they grew, I think bigger than any other school in the in the country. And I guarantee you the businesses around the Young Center, and not even around Young Center when people are going out to watch to watch games at the bars and restaurants. Everyone benefited. When Louisville was on an eighteen nineteen game win streak, didn't end the way they wanted to, but boy, he hit the ground running. He's got three of the top fifteen transfers in the country signed to play with Louisville next year, and I think it's the right move, if not more a million dollars more. These coaches that bring in that kind of money, they're worth it. I used to not think that when I did a sports show. It was like this too much money. But now they're worth it. They're worth every day.
Speaker 3: What the three point whatever million brings in in Louisville, Kentucky.
Speaker 2: Oh, I you know what I'm talking about.
Speaker 3: Like it's one thing to make it here, you know, and Los Angeles wouldn't be nothing.
Speaker 1: Well, it's close to what Gus makes, says the program director.
Speaker 3: At w It's a little south, it's a little south number.
Speaker 4: But not nearly as much as that nine to twelve show here on the station.
Speaker 1: Uh No, that's the amount of money we bring in.
Speaker 5: I'm sorry, that's what it is.
Speaker 2: What's up?
Speaker 1: So, Boss, do you have you I'm setting you up for you to be mad at me. So we're going to make the announcement for a replacement, or we're gonna wait until Tony gets out of here in late May.
Speaker 4: Let's we're I think we'll wait a little while. Let's have have a little good send off here for mister Cruise over the next month and a half. And let's get through Derby. Certainly we've got that coming up. It's the Tony Cruz Derby. So you know they're having a horse race in his honor this time around.
Speaker 2: So hey, uh what what?
Speaker 1: Wha what? What are they really having? No, No, they're not gonna have a race named after him.
Speaker 5: Well, we can work on that.
Speaker 4: That's not thought about that you said it, dam that was out of Churchill downs.
Speaker 5: Let's listening to.
Speaker 4: Us, Daron Rodgers, Kevin Curse, if you'd like to, uh, you know, make that happen. We're more than happy to have that happen. The Tony Cruz distaff or something.
Speaker 1: I don't know, that's exactly right.
Speaker 3: So so, uh, boss, while you're making your decisions on mornings, I want you to keep in mind just a little inside baseball here. I barely made it to work this morning at.
Speaker 2: Nine, so I doubt five o'clock.
Speaker 5: I was gonna say, well, that's that's about I don't think it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't think that five o'clock's gonna work for us.
Speaker 4: Well, i'll talk to you after the show today.
Speaker 1: You're doing such a great job nine to noon.
Speaker 2: Why don't we just go for you after noon?
Speaker 4: Yeah, sure, it's the heart way or no, no, no am to noon.
Speaker 5: There you go.
Speaker 1: Okay, So Pat Kelsey gets his money. That's a good sign to keep him. I know that, Josh hur and it started before him with Vince to say, we're not going to to just give coaches these giant contracts anymore that we have to buy out.
Speaker 2: So it's gonna be common sense.
Speaker 1: And that's what they've done, and it's made sense. And congratulations to him and his family and Louisville fans are ecstatic. I think that's the big key there. All right, Real Masters Supplies, this is your place.
Speaker 3: This is my home away from home. I'm seriously up here a couple of times a week. If you look at that.
Speaker 2: Smoker and that smoker. I know own both of them.
Speaker 3: But come on by and say hi, because we're gonna have a free lunch Friday and that includes ribbi steak sandwiches along with a broadwurst, more or drinks, the whole bit.
Speaker 2: Come on buying. The hog fathers are doing the cooking. Scott and Larrer here best of the best.
Speaker 1: No, you're right, Scott does not look like the cholesterol of three hundred.
Speaker 2: He looks like he can. That's Larry.
Speaker 1: Oh that's Larry, Yeah right, Scott's Scott.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's Larous.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Larry looks like a bodybuilder. Right, Well, he doesn't look like a barbecue guy.
Speaker 2: He has a bodybuilt.
Speaker 1: But is his barbecue better than the guy that's in shape? I'm just saying it's his is better, isn't it?
Speaker 2: Yet?
Speaker 1: It makes sense what you're talking about.
Speaker 2: It makes sense what you're talking about. Throwing. It's twenty twenty two. You can't talk like that.
Speaker 1: Where point at your grill? Which one is your?
Speaker 2: Okay, see the one on the left, that's mine, there's.
Speaker 1: Five hundred on the very back, Like, all right, that's.
Speaker 2: Yours, that's mine. But see the one to the right.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it says idiot proof.
Speaker 2: Okay, see the one on the right.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, that's mine too. That actual smoker is mine. It just hasn't been delivered yet.
Speaker 1: Oh you seriously, it's a bad ass in my gosh.
Speaker 2: Okay, all right, let's do a joke of the day. But I'm gonna need it. I'm gonna need a immunity music.
Speaker 1: Are you not gonna do the joke I sent you? No, oh, because Gus is producing.
Speaker 2: Iret no idea what you're talking about? I got it. This comes to us is a penguin joke.
Speaker 3: This comes to us from James Adkinson.
Speaker 2: Oh good at General Electric. Hey, thank you, James.
Speaker 3: All right, hey fellas, Hey, y.
Speaker 2: What do you call a dead magician? I?
Speaker 1: Oh, what do you call it? Dead magician?
Speaker 2: An abricadaver? Oh boy, it's not my joke.
Speaker 3: James Adkinson, James, thank you, James Adkinson.
Speaker 1: Uh, Friday, April eleventh, a grill masters, come on by for free lunch. I think it's gonna be a little crazy around here a little bit later, so come on by and say hi, window nation, folks by four get four free. I've been telling this story because it's true. Jackie and I have these discussions all the time. It's like, we don't have the budget this year for new windows. Let's pick another project on the house. Well, no, you do have it in the budge because it is two years, no payment, no interest. So you'll enjoy the new windows for two years. You'll enjoy the heating and cooling bill going down to up to fifty percent twenty five to fifty percent off each month, so you enjoy that for two years for even make a payment. So yes, you can look at the wife or the wife Pep look at you and say, yeah, we can do it this year. Go with wind Donation windonation dot com. It is a local company that's backed nationally by wind Donation and they and the windows are made in the USC.
Speaker 2: They me in the USA.
Speaker 3: Oh my gosh, it's Springsteen. Just come in here or something. Because I was in the restroom and I thank you?
Speaker 2: Was that you? It was me? You gotta be kidding me?
Speaker 1: No, not pieces sound wow windownation dot com. All right, short break, We will come back unless you have something with pritatement.
Speaker 2: Hey guys, let me ask you a question. Are you ready for the weekend?
Speaker 3: Because weekends they're made for whoopee or are they Do you suffer from ED?
Speaker 2: It's no joking matter. Listen, guys, if you suffer from ED, suffer no more. I don't care if.
Speaker 3: You're just starting to show signs of ED or maybe you're full on affected. My friends at try Statement's Health they're gonna help you. Why go to try Statements because they're the best. I say that because they have a ninety percent success rate when it comes to treating ED and they make it risk free.
Speaker 2: That's right. You can get your love life back risk free. Listen to this.
Speaker 3: Ninety nine dollars, it's what your appointment's gonna run, but man, it's worth it.
Speaker 2: You get lad work done.
Speaker 3: They'll go over your blood work with you with a licensed medical professional, all your numbers, your PSA, your testosterone.
Speaker 2: Here's the best part, the risk free part. Then they give you a testos.
Speaker 3: If that test dose doesn't work, you're ninety nine dollars were funded immediately. But chances are it will work because they have a ninety percent success rate at try statemenshealth dot com. Gods, you got nothing to lose, get your love life back, get your confidence back, and do it with my friends at try Still go to try Statement's health dot com. Stick around more from Grill Masters supply on a free lunch Friday News Radio eight forty w h A sky.
Speaker 1: All right, folks, we are here at Grill Masters.
Speaker 2: Come on by.
Speaker 1: It's in Middletown, down the just down the way, in the same strip, mall as.
Speaker 2: Roosters and mister g and.
Speaker 1: It's about it's just a couple of blocks from Dwight's. We're all gonna take this party to Dwight's house right after the broadcast.
Speaker 3: Yeah, then you'll be met with a business end of the Mosburg shotgun when you come to my door.
Speaker 2: Today is not today to play gus.
Speaker 1: I don't know if you've ever been over to you've been over to Dwight's house.
Speaker 5: I don't think yeah, I don't think.
Speaker 4: I have no.
Speaker 3: No, there's there's lots of warnings that you could get shot at my house, in the yard fence, the whole bit.
Speaker 1: He has piles of guns.
Speaker 4: What would be the most ominous sign that I would see when I drive up to your drive?
Speaker 2: Nothing in this worth your life?
Speaker 3: You're like, okay, and it's got the silhouette.
Speaker 1: And by the way, he doesn't trim the bushes he doesn't cut the grass. He lets the show. He let the the shutters all fall.
Speaker 2: It looks like the monster.
Speaker 1: It looks like the FBI comes up and goes that how screams go away?
Speaker 3: Oh no, this is listen man, it's Norman Bates. If it is, it's I if Norman Bates met the Beverly Hillbillies. Because we got, you know, like a toilet out in the front yard, the whole bit.
Speaker 5: That's nice.
Speaker 1: So you already have a pool, but you you had my buddy come over and take a look at it. I think it was there was a he knew exactly what it was before he even got there.
Speaker 2: He did. Yes.
Speaker 1: So Steve Butler's my buddy. I've known him since I was fourteen years old. He's a great guy, great family man. He owns unlimited Landscapes. It's actually down the road here in Middletown. He's been there for thirty years. He's been doing pools for twenty. He has architects and designers ready to go for your yard. Think about it, man, stay in your house. Interest rates early has to look. Just stay in your house and remodel with a pool, and you can just basically get an all the cart thing.
Speaker 2: What do you want.
Speaker 1: You want to swim up pool? He can do that, the custom pools with the cabanas and all of course the landscapings. You can build a jungle in your backyard surrounded by this pool and it is. It's something to think about. So if you want to go to Unlimited Landscapes dot com.
Speaker 2: And then when you.
Speaker 1: Call Steve Butler over there, you ask him you grew up with Vinetti. You'll say yeah, and then you know, tell me a story and sadly they're all true. Unlimited Landscapes. Go to Unlimited landscapes dot com. Grill Masters free lunch courtesy of Girl Masters, the Hogfathers and news Radio eight forty w h as. We got a full show today, so please come on buy and say hi, we got Gus producing today because our producer congratulations. Him and his wife are having a baby as we speak, so a little girl, so we want to say congratulations. It's their first child.
Speaker 2: So I thought she was being seduced to it.
Speaker 3: No induced, Okay, So I thought it was at the beginning of the process.
Speaker 2: I thought they were her right.
Speaker 1: Now, beginning induced. Maybe that's why it's induced. Yeah, and you get and then induced.
Speaker 2: It's full circle.
Speaker 1: Congratulations John Alden and his lovely wife that I have no word he texted everybody last night.
Speaker 3: So and in case you're wondering, it doesn't hurt when they induce her. You know why why because they numb it?
Speaker 1: Uh gus, would you go back and do the infant think first one today?
Speaker 2: What do you think?
Speaker 1: Yeah, you've got two great kids?
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, yeah, I thought that was that? What you know, were you prepared for that? I will get out. We should get into that.
Speaker 2: No, no, no, no.
Speaker 3: When when Susan and I had Lemmy, we didn't know what to think. He's wound up being a treasure in our heart.
Speaker 2: No, you don't.
Speaker 1: You don't know how selfishall be human and you are until you have kids. Well basically you're dwight.
Speaker 2: So great analogy.
Speaker 1: Yeah you're welcome. All right, grill Master's Supply, come on by and say hi, it is a Friday baby free lunch on news radio eight forty whas.
Speaker 3: What kind of hippie crap is this? Oh bugie nights, bug huts. Hey, watch me roller skate and dance at the same time.
Speaker 2: Look good? Yeah, thank you?
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, but you got to trade in the white patent leather skates.
Speaker 2: Those I don't care.
Speaker 1: They just got a pink pom palm on the on.
Speaker 2: The I don't care. They look pretty all right.
Speaker 1: Lead stories Today, Pat Kelsey gets his contract one million dollars more. There's a crash in one of those tourists uh New York tourist helicopters. It's tragic and entire family from Spain lost their lives. And there's another plane clipped another plane's wing at Reagan last night. That is for some reason continuing, all right, So when you get up in the morning, you know they say, uh, you know, you know what fight or flight means.
Speaker 2: Yes, absolutely I did.
Speaker 3: You're either gonna hear your situation, you're gonna run from it or fight.
Speaker 1: But in the morning, I think they're translating this story to you know you because both of us were entertainers. So what happens is sometimes we're in a corner in a feudal position. Yes, I can't do this today, right.
Speaker 2: Oh that was this morning? Oh yes, thank you both.
Speaker 1: So that is the flight. The fight is you get up your jam into metallica or whatever, Saxton you throw the fourteen Duffel bags that you have to go to your three hour show and you're running out of the house motivated. That's the fight part that never happens, by the way, and doesn't so you fake it when you come into the door. Oh yeah, okay, oh gus, are you just are you an emotionless cyborg? Or do you get to fight or flight mode in the morning.
Speaker 4: Sometimes depends on what happens. If you wake me up and I'm not ready to wake up. I am a mean armit right, If I'm just kind of rolling out of bed, it's like, okay, I'm good. Or as it typically happens around here, I get a phone caller a text, Hey I need this is how long let me get to the couter.
Speaker 2: I feel like he directly that comment towards me.
Speaker 1: No, no, there's there's other people in his life than you dright, Well, then I need to text him Moore. Here's some tips to where yes. And exhaustion, by the way, is a big thing for this, Like who said that exhaustion makes uh makes coward cowards of us all? So here's a couple of tips, And basically this boils down to just have something to do to get out of these fight or flight modes.
Speaker 2: Wait, wait before we get into this. Ye, this just registered with me, and I gotta bring this up on the air.
Speaker 3: I look horrible this morning because I feel horrible because I partied.
Speaker 2: Too much last night.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: And I walked in and you said, man, you look blankety blank.
Speaker 2: That's well thanks.
Speaker 3: And you said, uh, hey, do you want some preparation H for those eyes?
Speaker 1: You have bags? Yeah?
Speaker 2: What the hell are you doing walking around with that? Before? What do you have? Preppara? You take preparation H? You have?
Speaker 1: I have a medicine cabinet in my bag.
Speaker 2: Are you serious?
Speaker 1: Eight hundred milligram ibuprofis.
Speaker 2: I'm looking at it right now.
Speaker 1: Adderall I got, I got preperation let me you gotta have my lemon wipes?
Speaker 2: You got any diazepa my left? No, I don't. Okay, let's work. Let's work on that.
Speaker 1: So no it Guss probably knows this too. Originally, preparation H was made as a face cream. And so when you it's true.
Speaker 3: And then somebody goes, hey, what if I put this on my butt?
Speaker 1: You're telling me that somebody is going we got benetti?
Speaker 4: Uh, So I was gonna say this could go really off the rails here, and I'm like, you know, just there's some thoughts in my hand.
Speaker 5: I'm sure that you'll already thinking, just don't go there.
Speaker 1: If it takes the swelling away from that, and it takes the swelling away from the bags under your eyes, well they're both eyes.
Speaker 4: Do you really carry preparation H in your bag?
Speaker 2: I do? I have? I have a medicine, Kevin. Well, let's see you want to have a bar.
Speaker 5: Let me tell you a little bit about myself. Looking in my bag here, he's got a.
Speaker 2: Pharmacy in this thing.
Speaker 3: Wow, man, I haven't seen right guard since the seventies.
Speaker 1: So yes, so preparation H. You put that on the bags under your eyes and it reduces the swelling, because that's actually the point of it.
Speaker 2: Well, I'd rather just have the bags I wear my.
Speaker 1: You don't take it off your butt and put it on your eyes. Dude, you take it out of here.
Speaker 2: You bent over and you said do you want some preparation H? And it made me uncomfortable.
Speaker 1: Well that was for you.
Speaker 2: I'm sorry, get back to your story.
Speaker 1: I'm sorry. I just wanted to know. But I guarantee someone sent a direct message or something or call the station. Preparation h originally was a face cream.
Speaker 3: Have you ever put butt cream on your face?
Speaker 1: Get up with your alarm?
Speaker 2: No, I got to during the.
Speaker 1: Get up with your alarm. I don't rarely set my alarm because I always wake up before the alarm goes off.
Speaker 3: I mean, and I wake up before my arm, and I don't really.
Speaker 2: Take on the day.
Speaker 1: I guaranteed instead have an alarm. You don't have an alarm, you get up.
Speaker 5: I have an alarm.
Speaker 4: Although I, oh, okay, I have started to have this issue now that I'm a little older.
Speaker 5: I was told this, what happened? You wake up automatically?
Speaker 2: Yep.
Speaker 4: And I was like, I'll never have that problem because as you, Oh, no, I don't sleep half the time.
Speaker 5: Right, it started to happen.
Speaker 4: I can't even if I go to bed at four in the morning, I'm still gonna wake up like at six thirty seven automatically.
Speaker 3: See that's how that's That's another reason why I hated doing mornings, because we have to get up at four o'clock.
Speaker 2: In the morning.
Speaker 3: And then on Saturday or a Sunday, it doesn't matter what time I went to bed around six or so, because I get up at four. I would wake up and I'd just be up for the day.
Speaker 1: And by the way, Wayne Perky, how many people in mornings were Tony Cruz.
Speaker 2: So Tony did it for twenty the.
Speaker 1: Coler So Coler did it for about eight or nine, maybe even more than five.
Speaker 5: I think five.
Speaker 1: Oh, I'm sorry, think that's right. Five seemed like Harker. No, he was a good he was a very good broadcaster. He came from television and everybody and everybody pops everybody and so and before that, of course was Wayne Perky did it for twenty five years. And I asked, you know, it's it's the same question everybody asked him and stuff. But I asked him, man, when we were working together, I said, do you ever And before I even finish it, he goes, Nope, nope, you never get used. Twenty five years and I still hate to get up and come in here in the morning. I love my job, but the three three o'clock call, it's just you never get used to it. You because your body isn't it's not natural. It's it's unnatural. It is unnatural. And you you get health problems. No, absolutely, you can get health problems. Which may answer some questions about Tony Cruz, but but you never get used to it. So no, the morning. Here's who I feel for. The TV people do it. They get up at.
Speaker 5: One through the year, they make up.
Speaker 2: I don't know how they do it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they gotta make up, and some of them write their own copies, so I don't I don't know how early they get it.
Speaker 2: Do we just come in on T shirt, messed up hair? Well, we're really talented. Yes, that's true.
Speaker 1: Uh, doing the dishes. See, we're trying to subliminately, we're trying trying doing the dishes. I don't understand. The dishes take five minutes. If you have a dishwasher. It's not nineteen fifty seven where somebody's who's gonna be the dryer, who's gonna dry, and who's gonna wash. It's you have a dishwasher. It takes five minutes.
Speaker 2: We wash our dishes before we put them in the dish too.
Speaker 1: Who doesn't do that?
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 4: Okay, I have this argument that that you don't have to do that. My wife's like, hey, you gotta do that because it's got to be in there for days.
Speaker 1: I was like, well, let's see you don't have to Are you a psychopath?
Speaker 5: They tell you do not have to do? You're wasting water doing it?
Speaker 1: No, no, no, no, no no. I I think it's discussed if you got ketch.
Speaker 3: Up, hang on, hang one second, no to self, don't use any dishes or so of where it guts is?
Speaker 2: Okay?
Speaker 3: Uh?
Speaker 1: So you don't wash them off? Doesn't your Does your dishwasher now clogg more often?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 5: I don't think so.
Speaker 2: Did you would say? Yeah?
Speaker 4: Yeah, you know why you don't wash them off because you don't do the dishes is what it is.
Speaker 3: Dealers like a little trap in your dishwashers clean like every month or so?
Speaker 2: Really?
Speaker 1: Yes, well again, why are you conserving water? You don't live in India? Right, we have a river.
Speaker 2: All the water we need? We got too much water right now? Much one?
Speaker 1: Now?
Speaker 2: Damn it? Start running your dishwasher?
Speaker 4: Yes, I don't think okay, sure, yea.
Speaker 2: All the water? No.
Speaker 1: We we made fun of Jeff the news guy that left the soccer guy. Yeah, Jeff Abernethy. Yeah, uh he said, forget I tent right, He goes, Hey, well we'll keep in touch.
Speaker 2: I went, we want no we won't.
Speaker 1: He goes, I turned the water off when I brushed my teeth.
Speaker 2: I know what for?
Speaker 1: He goes, Chicken serve water and I go, dude, you don't live in the Congo, bro.
Speaker 2: I mean you. You live in Louis.
Speaker 1: We have a river. We get as much water as we want. It's not there's no conserving water.
Speaker 3: Sometimes I gotta turn the sink on just to make a WII. That's true.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and the new dishwashers really not even new the last ten years. They make them so efficient. It's very little water. They used to actually do the dishes. But we all do what We wait till the thing is full before we start it. We would never start it half full.
Speaker 2: No, no, we don't know that.
Speaker 1: Opening your mail. I don't understand how this is on this fight or flight mode. Opening your mail. I don't want to open my mail.
Speaker 2: I hate it. I mean, I've still got stacks are MutS and months old.
Speaker 1: Are you serious?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Her mail? I'm not? Are you serious?
Speaker 1: No, no, no way, responding to an email? Do that to make yourself feel better?
Speaker 2: I do that pretty. I mean soon as some wady I try to turn around that. Yeah, you're rare. I am rare.
Speaker 1: You are rare, you be rare quickly. I'm like, I don't look at my email, so it's all.
Speaker 2: You don't don't trust me.
Speaker 3: I know, I know that if you heard from your partner because he hadn't responded to X y Z.
Speaker 1: My favorite is the vice president coming down and going, I've been calling you for twenty minutes, and well, mister vice president picked that phone up, and he picked my phone on my desk and the board wires not even connected connected. Let's said, boss, I unplugged that thing ten years ago at least. Yeah. Take a shower to fight or fly. Fight off the fight or flight. Take a shower and get ready to go.
Speaker 5: I have to have a shower in the morning. That gets me going. I feel better after that.
Speaker 2: I can't do anything.
Speaker 1: I do too and I and I will admit I probably take longer in the shower in my routine than a man should.
Speaker 2: Oh didn't. Well, you will be careful not to get soaked there because the.
Speaker 1: Whole undercarriage is shaved. Shave it and scrub it.
Speaker 5: Oh you take what is what's the stated show?
Speaker 1: Jackie makes fun of me. She's like, you're a girl because she's about halftime, I will do twenty five minutes of shower five minutes. Okay, listen, it's not all the shower. Okay, it's the shower part. But then I get out and I've got the routine. I have a routine at the sink.
Speaker 3: I'm usually four to five Rolling Stone songs in the show.
Speaker 1: That's twenty twenty five minutes.
Speaker 2: Absolutely, thank you. I would say fifteen at least.
Speaker 1: What do you want to what are you in the marines? Gus? You don't have to shower in fifty seconds.
Speaker 4: But saying, but are you in the shower for twenty five minutes?
Speaker 1: No, no, but no, I do scrub up and shave. I shave every day.
Speaker 2: I shave.
Speaker 1: No, no, no, not my faate, not my face.
Speaker 2: I shave the chest.
Speaker 1: Okay, that's undercarriage.
Speaker 5: My goodness, lord.
Speaker 1: Oh my goodness, you gotta get it all. The under carriage is I'm uncomfortable. The undercarriage is slickery.
Speaker 2: Okay, you don't have to get any more detailed.
Speaker 1: Here's the one that we are going to have a real problem with actively listening during a conversation.
Speaker 5: Oh, I'm bad at that.
Speaker 2: I can't help you with that.
Speaker 3: How many times you've heard this. You hear me, but you're not listening to me. My name is Susan. I know you hear me, but you're not listening.
Speaker 2: That's so cute. That'll be that quiet.
Speaker 3: Well, I'm hungover my delivery on. Everything is going to be monotone this morning.
Speaker 2: Do you need?
Speaker 1: What do you need? Tell me what you need?
Speaker 2: Take the.
Speaker 1: Sitting right there for you, Mandison cabinets here, you want an adderall?
Speaker 3: I go over to CBS and say, hey, mister Whitten needs a diaz a pan.
Speaker 2: Okay, okay, and here's two dollars. Get yourself an egg cream while you're over there, kid.
Speaker 1: Uh vision first, I care dot com see the glasses I'm wearing right now.
Speaker 2: I got to get the vision. I'm done, that's right. I made the appointment. I walked in.
Speaker 1: They called my name within five minutes, and then I got the MRI of my eyeball.
Speaker 2: MRI eyeball. He called an mriball.
Speaker 1: Actually, the lady that was at the store said, can we take that from we want to use that promot? Yes you can, I said, that's a dwight so but I I guarantee he's gonna give it to you. So mriyeball uh, and then you talk to the doc and then you walk around the corner and pick out frames. It's it's that simple. It's about forty five minutes and you and uh and they the experts with the frames are and the brute you know with me. They were really honest, well you kind of have a fat round head, mister, so here's the glasses that really kind of fit a fat round head.
Speaker 2: They compliment, and I went, thank you, and the compliment, yes, yes they did.
Speaker 1: So go on Envision First, I care dot com. They're eighteen locations minds in Saint Matthew's. I didn't even realize it was there. I was walking into Sucerradas and looked up, went, oh, there there's Vision First. Vision First.
Speaker 2: I cared up. I want to get gigantic. Elton John classes Oh cool.
Speaker 3: To wearing my Southern covered hot tubs. Southern Comfort Hot tub baby. Listen, man, now's the time to get down to seventy five oh one Preston Highway and see my friends at Southern Comfort Hot Tubs. Hot tubs as low as sixty five dollars a month, that's right.
Speaker 2: But listen to this.
Speaker 3: I was talking to Todd Gibson just yesterday they have forty twenty twenty four hot tubs.
Speaker 2: Forty twenty twenty four.
Speaker 3: Hot tubs, and he has slashed the prices on them down to the bone. Get down the Southern covered hot tub, get a vacation in your own backyard, and by the way, twelve months same as cash stick around more from grill Masters Supply.
Speaker 2: It's a free Lunch Friday.
Speaker 3: We're talking of Rabbi steak burgers as well as brought Worst and more.
Speaker 2: News Radio forty whas