Speaker 1: Today, I want to tell you about a journey that I've been on for most of my life. Ever since I was a kid, I've heard tales of Bigfoot and wild men while spending time with my friends and family. As I grew older and read more about the paranormal, my interest in encryptids and other things strange only deepened. That's why I'm so excited to share with you what I've personally become involved with the Untold Radio Network. The Untold Radio Network is a live streaming podcast network that airs a new show every day across all podcast platforms, YouTube, and more. They have eight different shows on all sorts of exciting topics such as bigfoot, cryptids, UFOs, aliens, and much more. I even have my own show called Weird Encounters, where I talk about all things strange. This is more than just a podcast network. It's a community that allows me to meet so many amazing people who share their stories and experiences with strange. If you're interested in hearing more of these stories and learning more about the paranormal encryptids, make sure you check out the Untold Radio Network for all kinds of exciting shows. It's free to subscribe. So what are you waiting for visit www dot untold radionetwork dot com today.
Speaker 2: Now, what are your reporting? I got a screen going on here. Something just kid with my dog, something to kill your dog? My dog. We're flying through there, over the tree. I don't know how it did it? Okay, damn, I'm really confused. All I saw was my dog coming over the fence, and name was dead once you hit the ground. I didn't see any cars. All I saw was my dog coming over the fence. Sat, what are you reporting? We got some wonder or something crawling around out here? Did you see what it was? It was enough out here looking. I'm new to the window now and I don't see anything. I don't want to go outside. Point hello, hit somebody out here?
Speaker 3: What quent on out there?
Speaker 2: I've thought of a bit of about sixty nine. I don't know easy. I'm out there. Yeah, I'm walking right ahead.
Speaker 3: Oh hey, greeting is this friend in Alaska? Thanks for joining me. What I wanted to share with you today comes from Kirk and his wife and their five year old daughter. They have a cabin near the Koyakuk River. It's a little ways off the river, but they access it by the river. They asked me not to share the exact but it's on the upper part of the Koyakuk. So what Kirk shared was, this isn't very long ago, this most season, so less than two months ago. Him, his wife and daughter were at this cabin. The first couple of days was just standard stuff. His wife was watching the kid and keeping the cabin warm. What have you meals cooked, that kind of thing. Kirk was out exploring looking for signs of moose. On the morning at day three, he was making some calls in this little meadow about half mile from this cabin, on this open area of tundra. This meadow, this muskeg area, wasn't overly large. He said. It's about a half mile by half mile, not a perfect circle, more like an oblong. This creek kind of ran through it. It was a little feet or creek that fed into the marsh in the center, and then from there it fed out and it eventually made its way to the river. So he said, he was sitting there, it was just getting light out. He starts making his calls. He hears an identical call to what he's calling across the way and goes, oh, crap, I'm calling him a cow. He's like, I'm just going to sit quiet and let the other cow, which probably sounds way more natural than me calling the bull moose. Right, So he's sitting there for a while and what's quiet, he's not hearing that call anymore, or sits a while, makes another call about an hour later, right across as a straight shot. He get the call back identical to what he just did. That's not normal. A cow moose would have shown herself and made her way in my direction if she was seeking me out. So he didn't know what to think of it. Started getting an eerie feeling, so he goes, I'm just going to head out of here. I'll go back try again tomorrow morning. He really felt off about this return moose call, this cow call, he said, for the life of him, he couldn't shake the feeling that something was totally off, even though what he heard was normal in context of what he would expect to hear, the timing of it, the way everything was going to Kirk was like something mate, right, I'm just gonna get out of here, he said. On his way out. Now he is about a half mile from the cabin, so he's got a little bit of ways to cut through. He started into the trees, but there was a couple breaks and a couple openings between where he was at in his cabins. There are some smaller meadows and stuff. He was thinking, I'm going to go to one closer to the cabin and I'll call again, see if I can leave the creepy feeling behind type of thing. It was reasoning his way out of whatever was happening. Right there was about three separate little meadows in between where he was at and where his cabin was, and he chose the second one away from where he just was, so technically it was about four little meadows away. He had one more meadow before a thick batch of trees before he got back to his cabin. So he says, when he got there, it was just getting full on daylight. So he figured he had a chance, maybe an hour window to maybe spark something with the calling and a little moose, So he makes his calls. Immediately after he does this call, it's identical and it's right over there his back trail. It was literally on his back trail and he couldn't see where this cow was calling. At this point, it really freaked him out to where he's standing up with his rifle and he starts yelling, hey, I'm over here. I don't know if you're playing games with me. It's not funny. He assumed maybe another hunter was trying to weird him out about where he was hunting, like they want that spot to themselves kind of thing. He wasn't feeling that. He thought someone would have said, hey man, i'm calling over here, sorry, whatever, but there was none of that. So as he yells, he says, damn it really loud at the end, right, damn it? No sooner and he says that he hears identical damn it coming back to him like it echoed. He said it was almost instantaneous when he was done with the damn it, damn it came right back at him. It was a very close imitation of his voice, very close. It spooped him out even more. He points his rifle in that direction, and as soon as he points the rifle, he says he got this feeling that he doesn't want to have to shoot in the instant before he was ready to shoot, and then immediately gets his sensation in his mind about I probably don't want to do this, What am I going to do? I don't want to lead this thing back to my family. Whatever in the hell it is, it's mimicking me. So what he does is he heads off to his left. He just turns and goes just to his left. He knows where he's at mentally, he's mentally keeping track of his position from his cabin, and he walks off to his left into the brush. He said he was making a lot of noise going through the brush on purpose, trying to lure whatever it is off his back trail. He didn't want whatever is going on to follow him back to the cabin, so he goes out of his way quite a way. He doesn't remember exactly how far he went, but he said he went far enough to where he cleared the trees and walked out on tundra for a ways and then turned round, got low and started glassing back towards the tree line to see if whatever it was would show its else. He said, as he was sitting there, it's steadily getting lighter, so he's comfortable with what he can see around him. He's got plenty of open area. He should be able to see everything in his mind's eye, he said, as he was sitting there, and he had periodically glassed back towards the tree line he just came out of, he noticed something. It was like a rusty brown kind of color. He noticed it moving in the trees, right. So he's, okay, someone's wearing a fur coat messing with me, because what he saw matched up with the guy wearing some kind of weird coat. It was on two legs. He clearly saw it move just out of you, but saw it long enough to make out human like over there. Weird coat right, so's ah, this must be some old hermit playing games. At this point, he's like, I'm not gonna be scared of some old hermit. So he starts charging, just boom walking right back to where he'd just seen this thing. So Kirk said, as soon as he got within fifty feet of the actual tree line in front of him, he got this overwhelming sense of danger. He said he never felt before or since. It was immediate. It stopped him in his tracks and he felt in fear of his life like that, he said. It was the strangest thing. He said. He started shaking. He couldn't shake the fact that he was in imminent danger, and he wasn't seeing anything tangible to justify this feeling. Kirk said, that's when he said, all right, you know what, whatever's going on, I got to get out of here. I got to make it back to my cabin because I don't want something to happen to me and my wife have to deal with this too, right because the five year old daughter. So if he starts heading into the trees, he's got his rifle ready. He had a handgun that was on his hip. He adjusted his coat so he can gain easy access to it, and he walks his back trail. He walks right on back to the other meadow where he had last made this moose call. He said, on his way through there, he's looking around. It's pretty thick, but there are some areas where he could see for a little ways and he would stop in those areas listen, nothing, not a sound. He makes it back to that other meadow, and he said, his heart, he could feel it beaten in his throat, he could feel it in his eyes. He's panicking inside. He's like, what the hell is going on? It's not registering, none of it's making sense to him. He doesn't know what to do. He pauses and he stands there. He's trying to figure out do I really want to bring whatever this is back with me? And at that point he's just needed to get back there and make sure that my wife is aware of what's going on. So he says, if it follows, I can't fix that right now, but I know I need to protect them. I don't know what's going on there, So in his mind he was thinking this could be happening to her right now, we'd be better off together with it. So he starts storming back towards the cabin, and he said on the way he would stop periodically and turn around, and he felt like something was right on his heels as he was moving through the trees. He said he couldn't shake it. He kept feeling like it's right on top of him. He'd turned around, nothing, he said. It continued the whole way back, which was at this point like a quarter mile. So once he gets to the backside of the cabin, one of the things he always did was bump twice just let his wife know to unlock the door. There's a window along the side where he comes from the back. If you're facing the cabin and'd be off to the left, but from the backside it's off to the right, so he would bump bump. There's a window that he had to pass. His wife could look out, see it's him. Open the door. They had that worked out because they'd been going to this cabin for years. He does that bump and he glances up at the window, but there's no one in the window. So he bangs again AND's coming around saying, hey, open the door. He comes around. It's locked up tight. He's banging on the door. Hey, it's me, Let me in, honey. So she comes to the door and she is spooped. Hey, there's some strange stuff happening. I was out there. He lays out everything to her and she has this look on her face. He thought she wasn't believing him. But what had actually happened was while he was gone, something was banging on the cabin. It banged just like he did, so she thought he came back early, so she didn't even look out the window. She went to the door and opened it. She said when she opened it, she saw nothing, but she heard a grunt and she looks off to the right hand facing outside the door, and she said something big moved and she just slammed the door. Now, the banging continued around this cabin the whole time he was gone. He sensing something was off, but made sense to him why he was feeling the way he was feeling when she expressed that right. But she told him she heard a cow moose call as well a couple times during this time where he was off making the moose calls and then wandering off and and coming back and all that during this whole time, She told him whatever it was making a cow moose call outside the cabin real loud a few different times. So he said, I saw something big and looked like a man wearing a coat. She said, I saw something very similar, but it was too big to be a man. And she pointed out that same window where she would normally peek to see him coming. Where this thing had been was right out that window, and she pointed out it was as tall as that third branch up. He knows that bottom branch in that particular tree was about nine feet off the ground because he had hung a rope there that he had run off to another tree so when he hung his quarters he could hang him up there with a tarpover so he automatically knew whatever was way bigger than nine feet. They're spitball, and she brings up the Harryman. Now, something he just dismissed over the years was he had actually ended up purchasing this cabin from his uncle. During that time when he was younger and his uncle would talk about the harry Man. He thought it was just his uncle trying to make it seem like a adventure. I go out and I do with harry Man, this kind of stuff, right. He thought his uncle was playing it up. Reality being his uncle wasn't playing. So he starts remembering these stories his uncle told him, and he goes, oh, my uncle said, I think I remember him saying that some dryfish leapt out as an offering, will appease them and they'll leave. I don't know if I want to do that. I don't want to continue a bad habit. His wife says, just put us some dryfish, see what happens, just to see if it worked. He decided to, so, let me explain, Kirk is at the basket, same with his wife. Not that makes a huge difference. I wanted to be clear about that. They're not just some random yahoo's or whatever run around the woods. So she brings up, what about leaving something besides the dryfish? How about we leave a trinket of some kind. She's spitballing at that time of curse. No, I don't even want to put dryfish out there, let alone anything else. So he decides reluctantly to do this. So near where that tree was where she saw this thing, and where he had his rope across, he said it was about three trees away, so about ten fifteen feet there was an old oil drum, fifty five gallon drum. He walks over and he just puts the smoke salmon on top of that. The dryfish sets it down and walks back inside. Now it's the middle of the day, right, So Kirk's sitting there and he's and I don't like feeling we're trapped in here. His wife's Kate, we're safe in here. Everything's fine. There hasn't been anything strange going on since he got back, so things calmed down a little bit. They had the generator outside, Kirk went outside, fired it up, and they put on this TV with the built in VCR and DVD player in their old school, but they plugged that in to play Disney movies for their daughter to get her sidetracked, because the kid was picking up on their energy and the kid was starting to freak out, so they tried to bring some normalcy to it. Whole family sitting there watching Disney movies.
Speaker 1: Stay tuned for more Sasquatch out to Sea. We'll be right back after these messages.
Speaker 3: Now as they're watching the movies. They went through two movies. He kept peeking out the blinds and stuff because they had the old strange accordion style ones that he can't directly see through. He kept checking the smoke salmon over and over again, barely paying attention to the movie. He said, approximately the fourth time he went and looked, he didn't notice the salmon out there anymore because the positioning of the drum, he could easily see the top of it, and whether the salmon was on top of it. It was like twenty five feet away. It's like right over there. Didn't see the smoke salmon. He goes, the salmon's gone. So for him and his wife, that kind of ended their Disney movie marathon with their daughter, and they just let the kid do her thing and watch her shows while they talk quietly amongst each other, and they opened that blind. Kirk said, as they were sitting there talking out in the trees where it wasn't fully visible, but they could see between the trees a little bit, they saw this figure move, and he said, it moved very slow, almost like it was floating, but you could easily see this and it looked dark on the lower half, lighter on the upper half. He said, that's what gave the impression of someone in an oversized snowsuit, because the top was like a brownish color and the bottoms were black. He was like, it was real weird, but there was obviously no clothing. It was hair. You gotta understand this is thirty five feet away that this is going on, that they're watching this thing move. It's not outwardly showing itself or being aggressive at this time, so they're trying to wrap their minds around what they're seeing. Are we imagining this? Are we so freaked out we're having like a shared hallucination or something. Obviously they were. The wife gets scared and goes sits and holds a daughter. As soon as she did that, and she's sitting down with the kid, Kirk steps away from the window again. They were just right up on this window. They were looking out, though they weren't looking tight to the sides. As soon as he turns and steps away from that window, his wife screams to Kirk. It looks like she's looking at him, but she's looking past him at the window. Something moved big in front of that window. Startled the crap out of Kirk. He turns around. He didn't see what she did because the window's only so wide. It wasn't a very tall window either. Quickly, boom, a shadow went by. She didn't see exactly what it was, but it's scared the crap out of Kirk the way she screams. So when he turned around and look, he's not seeing anything. He jumps forward real quick because he's like one step away from this damn window. He jumps forward real quick to look out. He doesn't see anything. Just as he's looking out and looking around on the opposite side of the cabinet, damn, something hit it and the whole place shakes right. His daughter started screaming and crying. His wife started screaming crying. So, of course he doesn't want them in danger or whatever, so he grabs his rifle and he's like, I'm gonna run this thing off. I'm gonna shoot it if I have to. He runs out the door. When he gets outside, he's looking with his rifle. He wants to end whatever in the hell's going on like right now, and he's not seen anything. So he runs around to the other side decide where the drum was and stuff, and he's looking and he's not seeing anything. He gets the sensation that he's being watched and he can't shake it, so he's looking all over the place. He goes back inside. As they're sitting there, he's saying, I don't know what the hell to do. Let's plan on getting out of here, because he felt like a cage scrap. He was just caged in. At any moment, something was going to break in and hurt his family, which I could just imagine is a horrible feeling. It was bad enough with what I dealt with, but to have a little kid there as well, that's your own, I could just imagine it'd be heightened. So as they're discussing how it's going to work, because they have to walk down this trail with their daughter to where their skiff is, it's off the river a little ways. It's about not quite half a mile that they have to go through very thick brush, very dense woods up until about maybe one hundred yards from the river bank is where the trail opens up and they can see openly. So he's trying to account for all the potential dangers and going out that way. His wife wanted to go right then. His concern was being on the river when it got dark, because they had a couple hours of rivertime ahead of them, and with how the day had progressed and the Disney movies and stuff, they weren't too far from twilight at that time. So they get their game plan. They moved a couple of items in front of the door. They reclosed the window, and they hung some stuff up over just as a secondary measure to keep anything from looking in, and they sat there. He went out one time and made sure the generator was topped off so it'll run until it ran out, so they can have the movies going for the daughter to calm her down and bring some kind of normalcy to this weird situation that was happening. He said, everything was good and quiet. Of course they were freaked out, good as far as nothing else was happening. He said it got to a point to where they started relaxing and dozing off a little bit. He said he wasn't sure how much time it lapsed since he dozed off, but he was woken up to the whole place shaking like an earthquake was going on. He said it was dark out, the generator had stopped running at some point because the TV was no longer on. The shaking started, he woke up to it. Then all of a sudden, his daughter and wife woke up pretty much screaming, freaking out. So he hushes them down and he's listening. He said it sounded like something large pounding at a quick cadence against the wall, and it was just making the whole place shake. Right at this point, he had really felt fed up with it, and he starts yelling, you leave my family alone, You leave us alone, yelling, And after a little while that banging stopped, the whole place stopped shaking. They sat there. The daughter fell back asleep after a little bit, but him and his wife sat there with a lantern lit. Once the pounding and stuff stopped and he was yelling, all that stopped, they lit the lanterns, and daughter fell asleep, and they sat there. His wife insisted on carrying his pistol, which he readily said, yes, of course. They had their game plan. They were just taking the necessities. They would leave stuff there. He was going to come back later with some relatives, which is not uncommon. There's quite a few encounters to where it plays out like they just want to get out of there, and man decides he'll come back later. As they're discussing all that stuff, the pounding has stopped. They're just basically feeling anxious as hell, wanting to be gone out of there. Let's go. So morning comes from what he said. He made coffee out of habit. He was wide awake, he was anxious. He really didn't want to get over anxious with the coffee, but his wife wanted coffee. And he gets that all done. And as they're drinking coffee and they're talking in hush tones because the daughter's still sleeping, right. They want her to get rest and hopefully be able to walk quickly as they made it through some of the thickest parts of this trail on their way back to the skiff. As him and his wife are discussing these things. They've been down this trail several times, so they know at one part of kind of dog legs through this one area shortly before it opens wide up to the river. He was telling his wife, I think if anything was to happen, that's the choke point in that area is the tightest all on the trail with the trees and stuff. That's where I need you to be holding her and moving quickly. She was like, duh, yeah, I'm motivated. You don't have to worry about me moving quickly. Just keep up fair enough, that's Mama Berry. So warning comes, it gets lighter, that it's light enough to where they're not seeing anything. He looks out that window. They take down whatever they had hanging and they open that blind and he's looking out and on that drum is all the fish that it went missing the day before. He put out like a couple of flats and some strips. So there's like two flats and three strips. A flat is just a bigger flatter piece of smoked salmon and strips or strips like a stick, like a jerky stick. They were back. They were gone the day before, but now all of a sudden, they're all back. He's confused by it. He takes it it wasn't accepted, which what do you do with that? And so he points it out to his wife, and his wife's I don't give a shit. We're getting out of here. We're going. I don't want to come back to this place. So she starts getting the daughter ready. As that's going on, he feels a sense of relief that it doesn't feel ominous. He's got the curtain open now is letting natural daylight in, and he's feeling a little more comfortable about them getting out of there because he can see everything. Right. As he was sitting there and his wife getting the daughter ready and getting her something to eat, all of a sudden, boom, the place started shaking like an earthquake again, right, but this time he could tell the banging was coming from that back corner he had normally pound twice and she would see it was him and open the door. He said, it seemed like he was coming from that same area, and at that point he said, screw it. He grabs a guy. He says, plug her ears because this is continuous boom boom. So his wife plugs her daughter's ears, and he shoots through the wall in the area. He thinks this thing is pounding, so he shoots through the wall. They hear this hillacious sound. He said it was like a guttural growl, kind of moan sound, and then quiet. They sat there a minute. His ears are ringing because he just fired a high powered rifle inside the small structure. His wife is crying. His daughter's shooking up and crying, and they're sitting there a minute, and he's, I don't know what now, I'm nervous about us going through the trail, and his wife goes, no, I have your gun, you have your other gun. We're going. We're not sticking around. He can't argue with that, because nothing has de escalated. What is a continuation of weirdness. He agrees, and now he's worried that this thing's injured now and it's going to be angry at them, right, So he goes, what we need to do is just start going now, right now, Let's grab our stuff. They put their daughter's little backpack on her. His wife had the backpack with their important stuff that they brought with some extra ammo, and she was carrying the pistol in her hand, had the daughter in one arm. They went out the door. Boom, They're gone. They're going down the trail. Kirk said he kept looking over his shoulder because he felt like they're being watched. Still, he said, for a good portion of the trail, it's about the trail itself was real narrow as the old game trail, but outside of that, the brush was backaways off of this little narrow path before the brush got thick and stuff for a good portion of their way through it. Just at this point it bottled next to where they got to go through this dog leg on the trail through some of the thickest part of the brush in the trees. He said. When they got to that point, he turned around. He's pointing his rifle around. He's not seeing anything, and his wife said we need to hurry up, and he goes, okay, but her whole demeanor change. She said something just told me, I want your kid, I want your kid, and she said whatever, and the hell that was, it's not happening. We gotta go. They hurry up through that portion of the trail. Now when it come out of the other side of Kirk said that his wife was literally running and jumping carrying the kid at this point still moving like a football linebacker. She was motivated to get the hell out. She led the way and was going further faster than Kirk was. He was stopping every once in a while to check their back trail to make sure Nutt was following them. He said. Once his wife got to the skip, he was paces behind her, and when he caught up, she had tears pouring down her face, saying, it keeps saying it over and over, we gotta go, And he goes, what do you mean, and she goes, it keeps telling me that it's going to take us, it's going to take our kit. He can't argue with that because he didn't hear it, but he trusted what his wife is telling him. He does this thing. He has to get the gas cans out of the bush. There's brush not too far off the river bank where they take their field cans out of the skiff and stash them and hide them so in case someone coming by wouldn't steal their gas, because sometimes shit happens. So he goes and retrieves, it, comes back over, fires up the outboard and as it's warming up, they're not tied off. At this point, he's just letting outboard warm up. The current's starting to slowly drag him off of where they're beached, and his wife keeps saying it, keeps telling me that it's nearby and it's going to get us. He's not gonna tell her, hey, you're wrong, because I don't hear it, so he takes her word for it, puts it in reverse, the back away from the river bank where they parked their skiff. As he backed up, there's like a big bend that's just a little bit below them where they park, and he's going around that. And as they're cutting around that bend, he looks off to his left and the direction of the river bank where the cabin is located. On that side, which would be the east side of the river, he looks he can see this tall, dark figure silhouetted in the trees, less than twenty yards off the river banks. He said it had to be pretty damn tall for him to notice it, because he noticed from like shoulders up what he can make out as head and shoulders. He said, I would have considered myself paranoid, however, considering what had happened the previous day and night. He wasn't going to discount it just as some strange anomaly in the trees. He took it for what he thought it was, which was a hairyman. They got there. Nothing more to add as far as the encounter other than a long cup hour ride. Even when they got back to more familiar grounds at were it's so remote, right near a road where the truck was parked and all that kind of stuff. His wife was holding the gun and her baby and nothing was coming close. I wouldn't want to approach her in that state because she's on protect mode. What he said was is that since this has happened, it's been really hard for his wife to sleep. She gets very anxious when it starts to get dark, out constantly checking on the daughter. It's been basically a nightmare. They reached out to some of their elders. They are tending this things. However, the elder see fit, I was in a situation, but there was no little kids like my own little kids there. It wasn't that kind of dynamic. It was more protect me versus having to feel like you got to protect your kid. But you gotta be careful and stay tuned.
Speaker 1: For more sasquatch out to sea, will be right back after these messages.
Speaker 3: What I suspect is the uncle had been feeding and doing other stuff outside of Kirk's knowledge. I think potentially there could have been one of these things, upset about not being fed normally, or maybe there's something else going on. Who knows. He has not been back since the gender hitter. They have There is a few thousand dollars and he needs to go get that. At this point, he's ready to cut his losses basically and just salvage whatever next spring unless he gets a wild hair. He said he's got a buddy who has a plane that maybe he'll have him fly him out at some point. But regardless, I'm to thank Kirk for sharing. It was hard for him being a dad and being in that position of protection. He felt very inadequate when all this stuff was going on, and it bothers him as a man to feel like he couldn't protect his family, which I could understand. What I wanted to share with the other day comes from Julius. This was approximately seven years ago. He was on a snow machine ride. What ended up happening is he's cruising along this actually happened to me back in the nineties. As he was going over these little bumps and little boondock areas, like, he accidentally hit his kill switch and the machine just instantly died, So he stuck. He was with two of his buddies. It's just getting into ah dusk Ish, very similar to what I'm at now right now. It is about an hour before sunset, and it was probably a little further along than that when this happened to him. So he hits the kill switch. This particular area is north of me, north of Sutton. The train is very similar to what you got here. You got to mix a birch. He got some alders and willows, black spruce, hind and that birch. Obviously, he was on a real confined part of the trail when he hit his kill switch, and he said, he sat there for a minute and he can hear his buddies off in the distance. He heard them and knew that eventually they were going to come down this trail. And when he didn't meet up with them at the meet up place which he heard them make it to and kill their machines and waiting for him, he knew they'd be coming back, so he wasn't overly stressed. He was just peddling around. He popped his cowling, was looking around, and he decided he had about a quarter mile of trail before it opened up, and he'd be able to see his friends off in the distance, so he figured he'd do that. He starts walking away from his snow machine. He said he was about sixty feet away and it was a pretty straight stretch, and all of a sudden, off to his left, he heard movement in the brush. So imagine thirty forty feet you hear movement back over here, and it's just moving. So he stops and he's watching, and he figures it's a moose. He must have spooked the moose coming through, hitting the little Sloalom area, so he stood there. He didn't want to get trampled. Moose will kill you. They fight brown bear, so they're sure sow ain't scared of your ass. So he's watching it, and so he stops and he's waiting, and all of a sudden he sees it coming towards the trail that he's on, and he said it was about forty feet away ish. All of a sudden, this thing is standing there, and it's looking right back at him, so he stops. It takes him a minute to put together what he's seeing because it's not making sense in his mind's eye. His words were, holy fuck, what are you? This thing just started swaying back and forth right, he said. As it started swaying, he had an instant it felt like his heart was going to beat out of his chest. And he knew immediately he was not safe. And I asked him, was it acting aggressive? He said, no, it wasn't making a noise. It was its posture, the way it was standing, and the way it was looking at him. He said it was all dark, almost pitch black, but not quite grizzled, looking along the chest and the shoulders. His face was all black, and he could see the daylight twinkle in its eye, and he said the eyes look black. He said it was approximately nine foot tall, maybe a little taller. The snow was pretty deep. It could have been standing in two feet of snow, and it could have easily been eleven foot. He was in a panic. He said. What he did was he backed away. It was about sixty feet from his machine. He gets over to his machine. He said, he came around the front of it, and he squatted down looking over the cowling back at it. So if you imagine its down low, he can back. I get it. You'll want to put something between you. And at that moment, off in the distance, he hears his friend's snow machines start up, and this thing is in clear view of him. He can see it. It's now almost one hundred feet away, but it's still swaying, and it started moving towards him right and as soon as it started moving towards him in the tree line right next to the trail, if you can imagine something big and dark just creeping along, he said, it was moving silently. Tears were coming out of his eyes. He started praying. Now, Julius said, he's a heathen. He never prayed before in his life. Understand that I've been in those shoes, he said. As soon as he started praying, he wasn't praying, Oh God, Jesus, please help me from this monster. He's saying, please Jesus, let my friends come. In that moment, as soon as he said Jesus, please help me, because he's saying the prayer out loud, he squatted down in front of his machine, scared to death. He heard this thing let out a scream. This thing immediately took off and it was going straight in the direction of his buddies. He didn't put two and two together at the moment. He just thought the snow machine sound scared this thing off. He said there was a couple of years later, he realized it was the prayer that ran this thing off, because his friends were still almost a mile away. The reason he heard the snow machines is they were in the world open a two stroke eight hundred, you're gonna hear that thing screaming from a good way's away. But he figured it was the snow machines. A little while later, sure enough, his friends came down that particular trail and they see him there, and he still knelt down in front of his machine, just relieved that someone else's there. He was unarmed, He had nothing. His friend that was with him he had a I believe some kind of rifle with him at two seventy or something, just in case the moose tried to trample him. As his friends show up and pull up, they're like, hey, what happened. They were a little jovial. He was fighting for the words to share, right, He didn't know what to say. He had a frog in his throat, he had tears still streaming, and he just said, thank god, you guys are here. His two buddies were like, you'll never guess. We just saw some dude running through the trees fast as shit. He said, that's not a guy. And they saw the look on his face and instantly got concerned because these really good friends of his known since junior high type shit, fifteen years they've known each other. And his friends were like, hey, are you okay? What happened? And he said, that person you saw is actually like nine to eleven feet tall and it was bigfoot, and they were like, the hell you say. They were thrown off, but they saw this thing running through the trees and just assumed it was some dude because they were flying by on snow machine. It was just something in passing. They wrote it off as some guy in a fur coat or something. But then it dawned on him. They started thinking it was pretty damn big come to think of it. So they didn't give him a hard time or anything like that. Julius was shaking like a leaf. He didn't smoke cigarettes, but one of his buddies did, and he smoked one of his friend's cigarettes, just panic stricken. His buddies tried to calm him down. They get him a little something to sip on, warm up his belly a little bit. His buddy that was first in line that came in, we'll just call him Tea. Tea, went over and was looking at his machine and within moments saw that he hit the kill switch, popped it, fired it right up, and what a relief. So had they talked for a minute. Julius smoked a cigarette, still shaking like hell. It gave him a few minutes and a couple more SIPs to calm down so he can actually ride, because he was shaking really hard like he was hypothermic, but he wasn't. He was just so traumatized by it. They didn't see anything else on the way out. They immediately left the area. He hasn't ridden in that area since as approximately seven years ago. I'll just say between Sutton in Eureka and we'll leave it at that, because he doesn't want anyone to potentially go back in there and get themselves in a pickle, so to speak. I want to thank him for sharing. I want to thank you guys for joining me. The sun is setting and I don't want to be out here when the sun goes down all the way. It's damn beautiful though we were already losing sunlight. Beautiful out here and just quiet as shit. I don't like it just quiet. There should be some kind of songbirds, chickadees or something floating around. Anyway, Thanks for joining me. We'll catch you guys soon. They say you don't got to go, but you can't say.
Speaker 4: I don't want to feel a world oppensis.
Speaker 5: Trying this job, that chart everything. Call me, ride back right back, joy from me, enjoy staying right there, Come.
Speaker 6: It right away, yes, said, still starts things, says Sissie sat.
Speaker 7: Still, sassy games stssssts things used to s