Speaker 1: At a book in.
Speaker 2: Tonight's guest is Chris Tucker. Chris, welcome to the show.
Speaker 1: Thank you for having me and my little mockingbird companion in the tree has a lot of things to say.
Speaker 2: So I noticed that. Yeah, it sounds like they do have a lot to say. It's a nice touch though. I'm glad they're there. Chris. Yeah, please give us a brief bio on yourself.
Speaker 1: I am a thirty six year old female. My job is basically keeping the kids alive, well, not keeping the kids alive a part. I plan to get a job soon, but you know, that's just my occupation title. I tell everybody I have lived in Texas my whole life. I live in central Texas right now. I grew up in West Texas, a little town called Fort Stockton, an an hour and a half south of middlan Odessa, Texas. In case a lot of people don't know what Fort where Fort Stockton is, so just letting them know. But my current location, I don't mind, you know, sharing is Abilene, Texas. So they call it the big Country. And when pre kids, I used to get out in nature as much as I could. I still like to do that, but it's hard with little ones and teenagers trying to go do things teenager things. So I hope to get back out more like in wooded areas in the years down the road and just and I paint on the side, So that's always fun.
Speaker 2: Wow, Chris, you stay busy keeping the kids alive. That's a full time job in and of itself. Oh yeah, yeah, it definitely is. If you were a teen when you had your first encounter, how far were you into your teen so whuldn't it happened?
Speaker 1: I've I believe I was sixteen or seventeen.
Speaker 2: Sixteen or seventeen. Did you take anything away from that experience considering it happened at such a young age to the point where you think it might have had long lasting effects, wound up affecting the adult that you grew.
Speaker 1: Up to be. I guess it for the most part. Growing up, my dad or my grandfather, they would say, you know, if you're indecisive on something or something doesn't seem right, you know, go with your gut instinct or your intuition. And when that encounter happened, and feeling the need to, you know, kind of move along and get out of there or that something wasn't right listening to that, And then you know, as I've grown, I've honed it a little bit better, so no one listens to me. Still sometimes I like to point that out, but I know I can more so believe in myself rather than other outside sources or anything that might be trying to say otherwise, I guess.
Speaker 2: Well, it definitely sounds like you've come to terms with it, and as long as we can say that, that's definitely a good thing. And as far as trying to warn other people, you know what they say, you can lead a horse to water, and that's basically what we're talking about here. If they wind up having an encounter and paying the price because they didn't listen to you, then that's a them problem, not a you problem.
Speaker 1: That's true.
Speaker 2: That's right. You're taking the trash out at the time when it happened. Have you taken the trash out since after dark?
Speaker 1: Not so much, because that's usually our one of our younger boys. We have four kids and the two teens, that's their job. But one time he ran in freaked out saying it's so aware well in the alleyway, so there is still more trash to take out. So when I I grabbed the trash, and I was like, werewolf. Uh uh no, you know we're in a very more populated area, so grabbing it. I still went out there defiantly. But yeah, I still do things. I joke, I will probably uh die petting something I shouldn't.
Speaker 2: So yeah, sounds like it. And you don't frighten easily. There's a were wolf outside and you still go out there because you have trash to take out. That's pretty bold.
Speaker 1: It was smelly.
Speaker 2: What the were wolf or the trash?
Speaker 1: Oh? The trash?
Speaker 2: Oh okay, I've got you. Yeah, I figure that's what you're talking about. You lived in a home at one time that was over one hundred years old. Did you ever have any supernatural experiences in it?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 1: A lot? If you want me to, I can actually send you audio that my stepmother recorded. I'd never heard it in person, but they would hear old timey music playing, and she finally recorded it and it's pretty amazing actually. So other than that, I've actually experienced a lot in that house.
Speaker 2: Oh, I bet you have. I don't doubt that at all. Funny thing about those hundred plus year old homes seems like they have a lot of activity.
Speaker 1: Like that in them.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm not sure about your first encounter, but I know you haven't told your husband about your second one. Have you told him about that first one yet? And if not, why haven't you?
Speaker 1: I think I ended up telling him eventually after we spoke, and the reason was he doesn't experience paranormal things. He's very factual. We're polar opposites, you know. He's Type A and I'm Type B plus chaos, so and he's more rational than I am, And so that was what made me not really, I guess, be more open to what I've been experienced and encountered and I've I've also been but this was just for teenage problems. I've been in a psychiatric ward and I didn't want to go back.
Speaker 2: Yeah, no one wants to. I don't blame you. What was the biggest reason why you contacted me? Chris?
Speaker 1: Well, after listening to a few encounters and kind of remembering what the initial like, I guess the one that was more impactful, which we be like the most recent at the lake was kind of like was this what I saw? You know? Like? Or I guess validation and just not to say to see if you know, make sure I wasn't crazy, because what's real to some people might not be real to others, and vice versa. But it just it started away heavy on me. Even as I would listen to other encounters. You know, that growing nag to reach out to you and talk to you grew and grew. So I bit the bullet and decided to contact you.
Speaker 2: Well, it goods with us saying I'm so glad you did. Yeah, that's what I'm here for. If you've had a dog mean encounter, I would like to speak with me about it, whether I'm private or on the show, please go to Dogmanencounters dot com and submit a report. If you've had a big foot sighting and would like to be a guest on one of my two bigfoot shows, please go to my Bigfoot Sighting dot com. All right, Chris, please tell us about your encounters. Now, give us everal last detail that comes to mind.
Speaker 1: Okay, Well, I'll start from childhood and then the teenage up into the lake because my ADHD brain will want to go off in other territories. I was six years old, I think, and this was when I was growing up in West Texas and we lived out on the outskirts of town. And so when I say outskirts, when I would go out my front porch, open the gate, go on the street.
Speaker 3: And if I went to the west, which would be my right, and pass a few houses, there was a ranch our neighbors owned, and then you would see the plateaus.
Speaker 1: And just land for miles and miles. That was essentially kind of my backyard. So in a way, I grew up sort of a fair old child, so I was used to being outdoors a lot growing up, you know, bringing horny toads home as a pet that was a weekly thing, and being told no, so kind of giving you, guys, like a gist of just how it was growing up. So my grandmother would always make sure we would come in at night, and when I got older, she would always tell me, you know, we don't really go out at night unless we have to, because if you venture out far, especially away from houses and stuff, ilobo will get you. And that's the wolf translated from Spanish. And I didn't really question her. I just pictured like a man wolf type looking thing, you know, snatching kids up at night, kind of like la rona that she also used as a scare tactic with me, So I didn't go out much at night, but I would play outside all the time. So I was six, and I was in our front yard playing, and I'm trying to think what time of year it was. It's West Texas, live out in the desert, so it's kind of hot year round, but that probably doesn't matter. It was before sunset, too, and so I was outside playing in the mud, doing my thing, and I felt like I was being watched, and so I I kind of, you know, when on alert, I turned to our house behind us, and I looked to see if you know, it was my grandparents then they were raising me and my grandmother was that nosy neighbor looking through the blinds? I thought it was her. No, So I looked kind of scanned to see if it was the neighbor across the street sitting on their porch, you know, to wave to be courteous. They weren't out there, and it was across the street from us cat a corner. I would say, to my left, this old adobe structure, and I remember it was like a very pale, pepobysmal pink looking kind of little structure, and the windows didn't have any screens, and the window edges were were wood and they were like a rotted wood. So it was old. I don't know how old it was, but it belonged to our neighbors. It wasn't developed. They were planning to knock that house or shack down. And when I say shack think of your outdoor type shed where you store like your lawnmower and small lawn equipment. Very small. So I didn't know when they were planning to knock it down and develop it, but just from my grandparents talking to them, that's what was in works. And it was brushy like there was maybe like a small tree, nothing major, like a mesquite tree, and it was overgrown. And so this structure with the foundation, it was several feet high. So what drew my attention was to the window that was facing our house. And as I stated, there were just no screens, no nothing. Even the door is like blacked out or not blacked out, but there's no door. But when I say blacked out, it was always dark in there. The neighbors rarely went into that little shed. And I want to say it was two or three years after this encounter was when they knocked it down and built on that land a little piece of land. This is what stood out to me. And looking into the window, I could see these two glowing blue balls, though they're you know, glowing blue balls then, but looking back now and with what I know, it was more of an eye shine, and it was staring back at me. And this window was probably two feet off the ground, and so the eye shine was three feet, you know, from the ground, so not too tall. And as a kid, well I'm four eleven now as a grown adult, so I was pretty small then that still seemed pretty big. But still I kind of froze and was puzzled, and I kind of, you know, kind of looking back at that moment, that's the same energy or feeling that that thing was projecting back at me, like what is this what is this teacup human doing? So my grandfather came outside called me back into the house because dinner was ready, and that was that. So the second encounter, I was a teen and I had moved in with my dad and he remarried my stepmother. This is an abiline and so I left my grandparents and they still had the house in Fort Stockton, so I visited Frank. So it was at night and being the teen it was my job to take the trash out, and we lived on a pretty populated street. This is the house that's one hundred years old, so it had different houses go up around it, and it's more centralized than my paths location. And so I'm taking the trash out. It's a nice night and I'm kind of enjoying the night, the cool air and whatnot. And I have to take the trash to the little dumpster that you usually wheel down to the end of your street for the dumpster to come grab it. And I had set the trash down so I can open the lid, and I looked up, just like a brief moment, and down the street a couple of houses down, I could see this man walking with a dog on his side, and I figured neighbor walking down the street. You know, they're just going about. And I bent down to grab the trash and make sure nothing was left on the ground and threw it in there, and I closed the lid, and you know, I glanced up and this man that was walking his dog, well he was still there walking. They were going away from us, or away from our house. The dog that was walking beside him, which to me like a large dog was suddenly a person walking, and that kind of spooped me because I kind of questioned for a moment, like did I see that? Or maybe it was, you know, drug addicts. I'm not sure, because who knows. I kind of shook it off and just walked back into the house and I got ready for bed and went ahead and fell asleep. And this is when I had that dream. I was back in my hometown, back in my childhood home, and my room that I was in as a child, based that plateau I had described in the first encounter, so it was facing the west, and in the dream, I was asleep in the bed and just this large clad hand reaches out of the screen and grabs my back and starts pulling me out of the window, and I wake up kind of like whoa. And to me, when I woke up, it felt like those dreams you have when you're falling and I guess your body moves or twitches and you kind of, you know, you jolt awake. That's what it felt like. But I didn't have that sense of a nightmare. So I got up to use the restroom, and it was morning by then, so I was going to be up for the day and I was just going about my business and I wasn't even thinking on that dream at all, and I started to feel like this burning sensation on my back, like that exact portion where I was scratched, and I checked and I didn't have any marks or anything. And I'm not one to really clawed myself in my sleep, so that didn't occur that maybe I did that, but I just thought that was really odd with seeing the person with the dog walking and then all of a sudden, after a few seconds, it was two people walking and then having this dream. And so my brain was like, well that, I'm just trying to put two and two together and like, well, it's were wolf and that's why you had this nightmare. So later on that day, I had gone outside to sketch. It was a nice day, and that house sits on like maybe half an acre. It's a fairly decent sized property, so you know, I could wander around and I'd finished sketching and I decided to go back into the house. And I'm very clumsy, so I'm always looking at the ground to see where I'm going, and I was walking and as soon as I left the where it was more earth like with shrubs and leaves and whatnot. It turned into more dirt kind of towards the house and the foundation. And you know, I was outside my window of my bedroom and I could see like this huge paw print in the dirt, and I thought it was odd because we owned two dogs, and if even if they heard like a cat or or even my dad tinkering around outside, they would, you know, make those little gruffy noises dogs make when they sent something. And one of the dogs was a toy poodle and those things are yappy, and you know, the previous to night, I don't remember hearing them yap at anything, so that's what I found odd. And plus they couldn't make that big of a print. It was. It was pretty massive compared to their little paws, and you know, couldn't have been a raccoon. So all of that together was odd to me. With the dream and seeing the people, so that was really it. And the final encounter, I would say it was a couple of months later, and it was into the spring. So when that encounter happened, it was sometime during the fall, so this was when it was springing. Stuff was starting to bloom kind of come back to life. But the trees weren't yet producing leads then, So I'm saying that just to kind of give a good time frame. There's a state park in Buffalo Gap, Texas. It's Abilene State Park, and right across the highway is Lake Abilene. It's a man made lake. Back then, it wasn't owned by the state park or I guess the government, so you were able to go in and out of it. She's still my best friend to this day. Her and I we would go to Lake Abilene and we would explore, and there was this spot there that I had found while kind of hiking, and we called it the meadow because it was flat, you know, the trees surrounded it, and you know it was lush vegetation and sometimes wildflowers. And what we loved about it so much was, I'm not sure if it was because the trees surrounding it made it its own little basin or what, but once you stepped into the threshold of what we called the meadow, it was the temperature was just a couple of degrees cooler, and we love that. We would sit there and talk or just listen to our our walkman, or have photo shoots you know, being teen girl. And so this this encounter, I had drove out there because I just wanted to go to the meadow and maybe draw and kind of get away from everyone. I liked exploring alone too, and I still try to do it. So if I guess I kind of learned my lesson but didn't, I don't know. It's hard to say. But I had decided, all right, I'm gonna, you know, see if I can find something further or something cooler to do our weird teenage girl photo shoots. So I wanted to escape and draw and just kind of get back with nature. So the meadow is after you hit the entrance, you gotta go past a few little curves and wines, and there's different off road paths I guess, like hunters would use them or people, you know, you would see little trenches of people getting stuck in the mud or they would be out there mudding. So they were different small dirt roads off of this the main road that I was on, and it would branch off into trails, I guess, And to get to the to the meadow, you would take like a small dirt road off of that main road. The main road wound around the lake. The lake's not very big either, and so I drove to the lake and there's this huge I want to say it's an oak tree, but that was kind of the initial visual landmark that we made that oh it's here, and that's where you could park your car to not be in the way of other people if they were driving, you know, to find a spot to park. The shore of the lake back then wasn't too far, but it was still a little bit close enough. We've been through several droughts and whatnot, and the lake has replenished itself. So I don't know what it looks like now. I would love to go back and look at it and see if the meadow is still there, but it's been so many years, so that's why I'm trying to recall it is best I can. So you know, I had parked my vehicle in atmosphere wise was it was a nice afternoon. There was no wind, it was not too hot either, and so after I had kind of set up a little camp in the meadow, like with my I had a messenger bag and I would have a drink, and I would have my walkman, and I would have my keys in it and I always brought a sketchbook. So after kind of doing my thing there, I decided to get up and explore the area and see if I could find, you know, the different places we could do photo shoot, our little teenage girl photo shoots, and just I love exploring too, so that was another bonus on my part. And so I just put everything in my messenger bag and I left it there, and I decided to start going down a path that we had once gone down, and it was east of the lake. So if you were going to paint a picture in your head with the shoreline, the shore line would be and the way I was heading, I was heading up with the shoreline, like not going north, but you know it was east then just further out. But if you venture out more towards your left or the south part of where I was at, you would hit the edge of the property, the barbed wire fence, and then the highway and then you know, skip over it's state park lines. So you know, I was trying to keep this mental image in my brain, so I wouldn't, you know, suddenly end up on the highway and someone be like, there's a lost teenage girl, what is wrong? So the path that we were kind of used to exploring. I decided to go further deeper than what we explored, and that's when the trees and the shrubs were getting thicker and you would have to, you know, kind of bend and shimmy your way through a few of the trees to make your way through. And I was doing that, and I was, I was, I was enjoying myself looking at the trees surrounding me and kind of enjoying just the sounds and seeing different varieties of plants starting to get brought back to life as it was barely spring, and I don't know how far to my walk or minutes was when it started to feel off and I started to feel watch and so I figured, maybe it's like a little critter or or or you know, a deer, and I kind of shrugged it off. But there was a sound that I heard back then. I joked that it was like a it was a moose. I heard a moose. That we have no moose in Texas that I know of, so it wasn't that. But it wasn't a growl. It was a weird noise and it could have been an elk. My brother told me, there's elt out here, and it could have been that, it could have been something else. But being a teenager and hearing that and just being a little old me, I was like, Okay, I don't know what that is. I'm going to turn around. So I'm walking back so I can find that familiar trail my friend and I were used to and so that can get me back towards where I left my things at in the little Meadow area. And as I'm making my way, I'm feeling watched still, and I started getting this weird spine. When I had reached out to you, Vic, I had told you about the coyotes, and this was the past summer as a reference. We were ghost hunting the antsm lights my big brother and his two other friends, and they're these big Neanderthal type, you know, young adults. So the story is you turn around at a certain point and you flash your lights and the ghost light comes up. Well, they wanted to disprove that, so they decided to get out of the vehicle and we were in my brother's pickup truck and the guys wanted to head down towards the cemetery too, I guess try to debunk it or whatnot. I just wanted to stay in the vehicle because we had heard coyotes earlier. So I stayed in the vehicle. And as they were going down the dirt road for these ghost lights, these coyotes, I could hear the howling getting closer, and it felt from the sound that they were making that they were circling the truck. And both the driver's side and the passenger side windows were rolled down, and he took the keys with him so I couldn't roll them up. I was screwed, I thought back then, and I felt hunted. You know, they weren't going to go after you know, three big two hundred plus you know, young adult males when there was one hundred and fifty pounds, you know, four to eleven female that they were probably smelling, you know, as I think about it, you know, so it made more sense to see what I was all about, and just that sense of dread and it's not panic, but it was. It was something that I like to describe as like primitive. Was to just kind of make myself feel small and try to go down into the cab of the truck to maybe not have the wind pick up my scent. Or keep picking it up. And just that was just you know, my teenage brain thinking, you know, I could maybe do this and whatever these coyotes. So that's that was that. And back at you know, Lake Abilene, that was the same feeling I got as the coyotes, you know, was the I feel like I'm being hunted or something's pursuing me. It's a very hard feeling to describe, but when I've heard other people try to describe it, it's one of those I know what you're talking about moments. It's one of those recognitions. It's weird, but I was feeling that. And so being a kid, I watched a lot of animal shows on the Discovery Channel before it turned into whatever it is now, and I remember when they would talk about big felines because this is probably maybe out here. Besides coyotes, the largest predator we're going to get is a mountain lion. And I know that they are more of the surprise ambush and you know if they follow you while you're doing your thing, and so I'm thinking, maybe that's what's happening. I'm looking back at those shows. I'm trying to piece it together because when I would walk and I could hear my feet under the dead leaves and all that jazz. It was maybe a little distant, but I could tell something else was there. And it wasn't the usual lizard scampering because they heard you, or the little ground squirrels or anything like that. Those kind of make more of a chaotic, frenzied type scurrying noise and the dead leaves or brush or whatnot. But it felt like whatever was following me was sort of kind of keeping pace with me. So I would pause then, thinking I would catch it off guard, you know, but I never saw anything. And in my head, I would be like, I just need to get to, you know, the vehicle, or I need to get to the path so I can get to my vehicle. And I have, you know, my mind's voice, like I know what my mind's voice sounds like, so like an intrusive thought, more of an intrusive voice was telling me to just get out. There was no gender to it or anything so that I can recall. But I would hear get out, and that pushed me further, and I remember that was weird, you know, especially kind of being more open to the paranormal. I've never had an intrusive voice like that before, I've had my own voice, but me, that's an intrusive thought, so that that was really strange for me. And I made it to that path that I recognized, and then I could be a little bit more comfortable. I was a little bit more at e's making my weight. I wasn't looking behind me feeling as paranoid as I was before. And I see the meadow in the in the clearing, and I finally reach it, and that voice kind of seemed to echo get out once I reached it, and I bent down to pick up my book bag or my messenger bag, book bag, it doesn't matter. But I turned around to see if I was still being pursued or if maybe it was a deer, just to see. And this was a couple of yards away from me. This was a very large tree. It was very old, very big and tall, and on the bark, I noticed the discoloration, and as I kind of focused more on it, I saw what looked like a hand. And this hand was it looked like a raccoon hand, but with very sharp claws, if you will. And as the hand went up to where the wrist would be, that's where I saw the fur and then up and then an elbow, and it looked like it was it had the arm around this big old tree, like it was kind of just holding on, but not so much to keep it steady, as if you were to peek around from the tree to look over that. That was the impression I got. But that's all I saw was this large hand holding on to this tree, and the fur on it looked like a German shepherd coloring type of color, or there wasn't much of a pattern. It was like that black raccoonish looking hand claw thing, and then you know, at the wrist and then the fur and it was that that colored German shepherds usually have. And I'm guessing it was shedding its winter coat because it looked fluffy in some parts, but not so fluffy. You know how animals look when they're they're shedding their winter coat and their spring coats coming in. That That's how it looked like. There was nothing unkempt or just you know, it looked natural, like normal for it. So I kind of fully stood up, you know, clutching my bag close to me, and it let go of the tree and disappeared, and I guess it went off into the woods, and I turned around and sprinted to my car. And my car was this bright red color, so to me it was like this red beacon of escape because it was fire engine red. And I, you know, threw my bag in there, turned it on, locked the doors, you know, like like that would do me any good. But you know, to me, it made me feel safe, and I left, and ever since then I haven't returned. I told my best friend will you know, she wanted to go back there, and I said, no, something weird happened to me. I don't want to. I thought I heard a moose and I don't want to go back. And so that was the last of it. And you know I hadn't. Yeah, I would love to go back, but that that was my encounter.
Speaker 2: Wow, I'm so sorry to hear you have to go through that that day. Sometimes not seeing something very well can be worse than getting a really good look. So I'm wondering, do you think it was more intense seeing that clawed hand than if the dog would have stepped out from behind that tree.
Speaker 1: That's a good question, because you know, then I think I would have Yeah, I probably would have been scared out of my mind and whatnot. But and then looking back now, I would feel more of a confirmation there's something you know. So that's a double edged sword question.
Speaker 2: Oh it definitely. Is the reason why I asked that is in a lot of cases, your imagination can be a lot more frightening than reality can never throw at you. So that's why I was wondering about that. Chris. We're about out of time here. I've got a lot of questions to ask you. Would you be up for coming back so we could do a Q and A sure, okay, great. I was hoping you would say that, well, let's do that. Let's bring you back on to a Q and A so I can get to all these questions with you and we'll just take it from there.
Speaker 1: Then all right, that sounds good.
Speaker 2: Maya Definitely, I'm looking forward to it. And thanks against so much for your time there, Chris, and I'll catch you next weeks.